Speaker 1: Two Teas and a Pod with Teddy Mellencamp and camera Judge.
Speaker 2: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Two Teas and a Pod.
Speaker 3: I am Tambra Judge.
Speaker 2: Today we have the one, the only Emily Simpson. Hi, guys.
Speaker 4: Sorry, oh my god, Sorry about my boy.
Speaker 2: She's a little sick. She's filling in for Teddy, who's under the weathers. We thought we'd get somebody, you know, that's more sick.
Speaker 4: We thought we'd get someone more sick than Teddy to fill.
Speaker 2: Right there, you go, Well we will I will try to do most of the talking. Okay, Well let's go right into the Real Housewives Ultimate Girls Trip the Legacy Episode four and five. There's only one more episode left in the Legacy show. They all thing Kelly wants to show off her life. Drenna says Kelly is acting like she is a business person while on the phone in front of them, while the rest of them are lazy. Rna also thinks Kelly is competitive to Kristen and wants to be part of the it crowd. What's the it crowd? I don't know. I don't know that there is an it crowd there, But.
Speaker 4: Because to me, the it crowd would have been like the older women that have been on for a long time, because I feel like the younger ones are kind of like not in the IT crowd.
Speaker 2: Well, and not to mention, it's been a good ten years at least since Kelly's been on, right, right, So.
Speaker 4: I don't know if Kelly's really like the IT crowd.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't necessarily know if I agree that what trenda saying about Kelly. But I mean, you know, we had Vicky for many years that would always step off to the side and do her business and everybody knew just like whatever, right, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: I remember when I first started filming Season thirteen. All Vicky did the entire time was work on her like reports.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like on a laptop.
Speaker 4: We were in on like in Jamaica, and Vicky is like on her laptop.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Mad. According to Bravo March third, twenty twenty one, Kelly sold fifty million in real estate in three months, which is pretty amazing. During COVID she did four forty two million deals. Why is she forty two million deal in her building? That's what I was seeing. I'm like, say, fifty million in one month and forty two million just selling her building.
Speaker 3: So, I mean, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: She doesn't need that crap.
Speaker 3: I don't think so. I don't think so.
Speaker 2: But I mean, you know what, Ultimate girl Strip is a good gig because you get paid pretty well and you're gone for I mean, it's like the most at ten day commitment. Yeah, so maybe she thought like, oh, this is going to be fun, but I would have to say she's not coming across very well.
Speaker 4: No. No, I like her though I met.
Speaker 2: Her at Bravo Connor. It's so funny when you recap these shows and these people annoy you, but then when you see me in personal like, oh my god, they're so cool. Yeah. So it's just it's really hard to tell. But Luanne tells Kelly that she can't call Kristen a fan just because she did her homework. Lwence says, how Lance says, now they can all engage more with Kristen because she knows what is going on. I mean, this to me was just so stupid, Like is it an insult to be called a fan? Is it an insult to be like, you know what, I haven't been on the show for a while. I'm gonna watch a few episodes and yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with that.
Speaker 4: But I didn't understand why Kelly kept saying, this isn't what the fans want. I know, the fan base, the fans don't want this. Do you remember her she kept saying that she kept preferring a fan.
Speaker 2: I mean, yes, she was telling Kristen how the fans feel. It's kind of comical, it is. I mean, she's very unaware the fans won't like you because you are not opening up, right, I mean coming from a girl that husband on TV in a decade, it's like, okay, right. The girls feel that Kelly thinks she's above everyone. And if you remember, way back in the very early seasons of Ronnie, there was a sit down between Kelly and Bethany and Kelly's exact words where I'm up here and you're down here, and I feel like she's kind of she has that same energy coming into the Ultimate Girl strip. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I do think it's a stretch though, when Derenda was saying that her being on the phone and doing business in front of them was to make them feel bad and lazy, like I feel like that's a stretch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to. I mean, if you have another business going and you have to make a phone call, then you have to make a phone call, right. I don't know. Maybe it was way more than what we saw. Maybe she's exactly on the phone all the time. You never know what you say what really happens. Kelly says Derenda called her the sea word. Derenna says she called her. I called you, right. Derenda said she watched Kelly on the Scary Island episode, so she knows what she is dealing with. I mean, is it worse to be called a door? I don't know, but I learned that if you add a y to a word, then it does that make it bad? So, oh, you're like bitchy. It's like, so you're just I'm not calling you a bitch, You're just being bitchy bitchy. But it's a very narcissistic, manipative way of saying things. It takes me back to my marriage to Simon. I ain't calling you a bitch. I said you were being bitchy. No, you called me a bitch, right, right. I mean, it always depends on the context of how it's being said, and I don't think Jorenda was calling her the C word.
Speaker 3: I think she was just like you're being.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then I feel like you're just splitting hairs at that point exactly, or like you're still it's still bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then the good old conversation about threesomes come up, and I think that has happened on every single housewife show across every franchise. Deorenda asked how many of them will admit to having a threesome. Lawanne says she went on a date with a guy who was investing in a new dating app for thus now, Ramona had no idea what a thruple was. Of course she didn't, and she said, I mean, she can't even remember anybody's name. So she said she would not have a three summe because she she likes.
Speaker 3: The attention only on her.
Speaker 2: So leu Aanne tries to tell a story, but Kelly is so unaware she just totally interrupts it. That was so bad, it was so bad.
Speaker 4: It didn't she even like ding on the glass or something.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, dinging on the glass, like I haven't and Luanne's like, I'm talking right. I mean, I think she just made it quite clear. If it's not about Kelly, she doesn't give a shit, right, and she's.
Speaker 4: Clearly not paying attention to anything that leu Ane's saying at all.
Speaker 2: One thing I find very interesting is we're seeing a very calm Ramona. Yeah, you know, she's not doing her normal Ramona stuff. And I don't know if it's just you know, she's being edited that way, or do we just get a quieter Ramona.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's not really in the middle of things.
Speaker 2: Did you ever see Scary Island? No, I've never seen that episode. I watch it years ago, but I haven't actually done the you know thing to rewatch it, like do what I do?
Speaker 4: I do think it's funny that Derenda has it like playing like while she's putting her makeup on, she's doing her hair, and.
Speaker 2: Then and then she watches the one episode and she's like, I know who you are now. Now do you remember watching New York back in the day when Kristin was on it and the stuff about her husband came up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't watch that. Okay, So Kristen says the only reason she didn't want to film Girls Trip is because she didn't want to talk about what went down with her husband. Now, she does make a point, she's still married. She's the only one that is married out of the six woman and she stuck it out with him. So there was a big Ashley Madison I think it.
Speaker 3: Was called Ashley what it was called guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So he was involved in that and there was pictures exchanged and emails exchange, but he said he never cheated. Now I think she's being on that website is okay, but enough, Well that's that's the question.
Speaker 4: What is cheating? Is cheating when I'm married man gets on a website where you're you're explicitly looking.
Speaker 2: For do you know what that website it was about? Yeah, and it's about married people, married men looking for for married people.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, so you know, if you're on that website, you know exactly what you're doing. It's a hard one, but I have to give it to her. They are still married and they're still together and they got past it, but she.
Speaker 3: Knew it was going to come up.
Speaker 4: Okay, But here's what annoyed me. When you go on a Housewives or you're an Ultimate Girls trip, I feel like there's really just two things that make you successful, you have to be friends with the other women, and you have to be open about your life. Yeah, and she would not really answer questions. She just kept saying, well, that's my story. We're still married, and I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, she didn't really get into too much about it, un though she knew it was coming. She it makes her nervous her husband. Probably she didn't want to pay her husband in a bad life and give too many details. I mean, if my husband did that, first of all, I probably would not still be with them. Well really, yeah, I mean we all know if you run from something on reality TV, it only makes you look guiltier.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, So it's hard, Okay, And did he not actually cheat because he got caught?
Speaker 2: I don't know those details. I think he just said he didn't cheat, and then the whole lid was blown off, that whole organization and a whole list of names came out about that. So I don't know if he got caught.
Speaker 3: I don't know exactly.
Speaker 2: But anyway, so Kristen tells Kelly to be vulnerable. Kelly says she's about to get married, and Kristen didn't even ask. Kristen said she asked if she was dating, and Kelly said, it's complicated. This is what confusing me about Kelly. Yeah, here you are, she has been married in a long time. Here, you are in love, You're gonna get married, and people ask you about your dating life and you're like, oh, it's complicated. Yeah.
Speaker 4: But then she also went on, didn't she say the other women all knew she was getting married? And they were like, no, we didn't.
Speaker 3: We didn't nobody.
Speaker 2: Wouldn't that be like something you would want to talk about here, I am haven't been on TV and ten plus years. I'm going to come on and be like, I'm so happy, I'm engaged, We're getting married and talk about him, and it was She's just coming off really weird. Yeah, I agree with that. Yeah. I mean Kelly fighting for Jorenda's friendship was a little odd too. They have zero chemistry. She walks up to her, she hugs her and all this stuff. Everyone I'm like thinking, what are you doing? She's hugging, she's shaking, she's moaning, and I'm like, what is going on here?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 2: It comes off a little pathetic. Yeah, it's odd, Yeah, I really, I mean obviously Kelly and Kristen do not like each other. It's quite obvious, and I don't think there's any other There's no reason for them not to like each other because they never really you know, work together.
Speaker 3: It's like, I just don't like you.
Speaker 2: She probably thought that she was going to be the quiet one because she's pretty timid Kristen is in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the rest of thee would give her, you know, wouldn't give her the time of day. But it didn't really end up like that.
Speaker 2: So that was all of pretty much that episode.
Speaker 4: Okay, one more thing, though, what do you think about this? Because this bothers me? When there were multiple times when Christen would kind of be in the hot seat and she would always say, guys, back me up, back me up.
Speaker 2: Who's going to back me up? That bothers me?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well does that bother you? Yeah a little bit. I mean she was she wasn't really given enough information to the rest of the girls to be like, well, why don't you back yourself up? Yeah? I jack yourself up.
Speaker 4: I just feel like there's so many times when you just have to fight your own battles and it's not about everybody else jumping in and saving you. You just have to do it on your own. You know.
Speaker 2: I'm used to no one fight my battles, So yeah, I don't understand that at all. But so let's move on to episode five. Now, are we loving girls Trip?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 2: What's your thoughts overall? Would I love a girl's trip?
Speaker 1: Who? No?
Speaker 2: Are you loving this Girl's Trip? Well?
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 2: Am I allowed to say that. I don't Well, I mean, it's your opinion, for sure. I I it started off with a bang, but I feel like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I want more.
Speaker 2: I don't know if these certain girls like bringing back, you know, Kristen and Kelly was the right move.
Speaker 3: Maybe yeah, I don't know, but I don't know.
Speaker 2: Let's move on to episode five. So it starts off. Kelly gets Drenda a big hug the next morning. Talked about this earlier. Drenda doesn't know what to expect with Kelly since she gets mixed emotions about her. The hug was weird, it was long, she was shaking, she was like moaning, saying all these things. The first three minutes in and Kelly is bugging the shit out of me between putting her face in the ice bath and having Martin do it and then going up to Dorinda and shaking her for a extended amount of time.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know. I don't know when.
Speaker 4: Does she when does she get out the love letters? Is that this episode?
Speaker 2: Yes? This episode? Yeah? Did you did you notice Sonya taking a ship with the door open?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I mean Leuyanne walking in and it's like.
Speaker 4: What is going on?
Speaker 2: You're taking a ship with a door open? I'm like, oh, my Sonya does she's Sonia something else?
Speaker 4: She really is. I've never watched much with Sonia, but she's a mess man. She is just like a walking comedy show.
Speaker 2: She's a disaster. Yeah. So they go surfing, and Kristin really played it up like, oh I surf, da da da. She gets out there, she sucks. Yeah, all yeah, she pretty much sucked. And then her she loses her tone. Now that was so cringey. I mean, why do we have to watch the medic dissect the tone now? I don't know. I couldn't even watch it. I had to look away. I mean it was like, do we really this is what we're we're watching right now? It made like my vagina hurt and the girls game zero shit. They were over there, sitting there, not even helping her out. There was nothing.
Speaker 3: She's just the screaming.
Speaker 2: Well, there's one thing that I did learn about Kelly is that she was an actress. Oh my god, that movie. That movie. Yes, The Return to Innocence was that real. She surfed and then she died out in the sea and never be seen again. Does she have an IV? I'm sure she does, don't we all? Yeah? We do. Yeah. I think Shane has one. Everyone. I think everyone that's on TV. It's so funny. I think Ryan has one too, hilarious.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So then they do a scavenger hunt and then all I can see is they do a flashback of me falling like great, thanks guys. So they find objects, objects like Sonya's diapers, her teeth, a prosthetic leg from Aviva.
Speaker 3: And I'm like okay.
Speaker 2: And then it ends with the FaceTime from Harry Duban.
Speaker 3: He's the final clue.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you find Harry Dubin attractive? No? I don't find it. How is he being in all these housewives New York? There a shortage of men over there, right, It's apparently exactly what I do. Love it. Sonia has no time for Harry. She was like, get to the point, read the clue, get the off Kelly gets. Then the love letters, all the love letters were so cringey. They were so cringey. And that was gonna be my question to you. Is it a turn off? Yes? Yes, if if Shane wrote.
Speaker 4: Me letters like that, I would be please stop.
Speaker 2: You know who used to do that was Brooks with VICKI we go somewhere and she would open up her suitcase. There'd be all these letter envelopes in there and open up one a day because he.
Speaker 4: Was hoping for like what like hair implants or like some you know.
Speaker 2: That new teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know, it's I mean nah.
Speaker 2: So Luanne is annoyed that Ramona always wants to be the center of attention. She has to be in the middle of the pictures, she has to be in the middle of the table. I don't even know that I would notice that. One thing I have noticed, like there's certain people that want to be the first through a door. Really anodcast, oh, the first of the door, first through the door, or there's always the one that wants to be in front of the camera, the first. Yeah, definitely front of the camera. I know that, yeah, but I don't know if I would ever. I mean, it's not enough to annoy me or anything like that, but it's like there's always that one person. Like I filmed with girls in the past that are just like they literally are like, where's my good side? Yeah? See, I don't care about sides. Do you care about sides? No? I don't even know why I have the same sung this, My face looks the same this one. I just think I just have two good sides. I don't care. Yeah, we have two bitch insides, so I don't really give a crap. I do know people on our cast that I feel like I always have to sit by you though, Okay, let's not talk about that. Yeah, I mean people have their their little things, like they have to sit next to a certain person, or they have to walk in the door at a certain time, or I don't.
Speaker 4: Understand the walking in the door you've set up multiple times?
Speaker 2: What is that? Because literally, if you walk in the door, first, everybody's behind you and you're the first year you're the hero shot walking.
Speaker 4: In okay, and then everybody else is just smashed behind you so you can't see them.
Speaker 2: Yep, oh okay, I see, I didn't even know that. I've been on the show for six years and I didn't even know that was the thing.
Speaker 3: Pay attention, Pay attention.
Speaker 2: So then they go to dinner and Sonya tells the story of her first date with her ex husband. While she's talking, lands off of her chair. Sounds very vickyish. Dereenda gets up from the table and tells her Ramona that it is painful and frustrating when Sonya talks so evidently. Sonya exaggerates stories, doesn't necessarily tell the same story the same way, and the girls are just they just.
Speaker 3: Let her be.
Speaker 2: Next thing, you know, Sonya falls out of her chair. Do you feel like Sonya has a problem like just telling the truth or is she sometimes I feel like Sona's acting. Yeah, I think so. I'm a character, but she's definitely like a character.
Speaker 4: I think that they give her a pass though, because I don't think that she's malicious.
Speaker 2: She's not malicious, and that's what I like about her the most.
Speaker 4: She's just a song.
Speaker 2: She's funny as shit too, and doesn't care like I don't think if I knew I was filming, I'm not gonna be taking a shit with the door open. Yeah, but she does not care, and she doesn't wear underwear, and she's always naked and.
Speaker 4: Right, and she's always like lifting up her legs.
Speaker 2: Everybody can see her vagina. I know, but sometimes I feel like it's a little bit of an act. You know how Shannon has her act, the shaking.
Speaker 4: Oh yes, I know, the Shannon act, the Shannon act.
Speaker 2: Like sometimes when you do that act, that stick over and over again, it's like, come on, move on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, I mean that Sonia she doesn't really get in any of the conversations, Like she's not arguing with anybody, she's not calling anybody out. She just does her own thing, like she has her own little side show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's got it. She's her own little pony show there. But when she first joined the show, you know this is she was one of the originals. She was a totally different person. She was almost like a Heather de bro She was just very classy, very fancy and elegant. And now she's like a wacky, looney person. She is the real Sonya please stand up? Whack could do? Ramona and Jorenda say, there's her story is as fake as her family crest and that's it. That's all we have for the Ultimate Girl's Trip Legacy. There's only one more episode. I'm wondering if they're gonna make this a yearly thing.
Speaker 3: Or not or not or no, no, I don't know. We're gonna have to stay tuned.
Speaker 2: But you guys, I'm gonna tell you again, we're gonna be in San Francisco January twenty fifth. If you haven't bought your tickets, we'd love to see you. We can't take and I won't be sick together and Emily won't be so hopefully it's gonna be a lot of fun.