Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me. We all about that high school drama girl, drama girl, all about.
Speaker 2: Them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl cheering for the right.
Speaker 3: Drama queens, my girl up girl fashion.
Speaker 4: But your tough girl, you.
Speaker 2: Could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl drama queens, drama, queens, drama, queens, drama, drama, queens, drama queens.
Speaker 5: Well, the weather outside is different depending on where you live. But happy holidays to all of you out there in the colder, in the snow or in the warm tropical weather. Who knows, maybe who knows? Holiday in Jamaica, Like, maybe you're just chilling.
Speaker 3: I think we all should have gone to Jamaica. Happy holidays everyone, Christmas and Hanukah and Kwanza and any and all things you're celebrating. Marry everything, Hi, kids, how are you marry all of it?
Speaker 5: Yes, Mary merriment, I'm glad we have it. We need it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Smith's still be Christmas for you if you were in a place like Jamaica where it was very warm and tropical and sunny.
Speaker 5: Yes, I think so, Yeah, I mean I do really so much of Christmas is about the ambiance and the evergreen trees and all of the cold coziness. I think because I feel permission to relax when it's cold outside, Like the weather gives me permission to relax. And if I'm out in the sun, I feel this immense pressure to accomplish things and get things done.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 5: If I'm in Jamaica, then I'm kind of on vacation. I would be, but you know, so I don't know. I don't know. I guess, So what about you, Rob?
Speaker 6: I grew up in southern California, so all I ever had were sunny Christmases, so it would still be Christmas. But I got to say, now here in Portland, where we actually have seasons, can we have a proper winter? Man? That's it's kind of next level when you wake up the house like snow on the ground, because I'm this huge joy as soon as the weather, as soon as it's raining. I feel like it's God's way of going, Hey, take the day off, not being productive, just relax.
Speaker 3: Why don't you sit at home and be cozy and make a stew. Yeah, there really is something nice about the cold in that way. I'm doing my first East Coast Christmas in a couple of years. I actually I brought my parents to New York for Christmas in twenty nineteen, you know, thinking we were going to go into twenty twenty and have this great year. All we got locked in our homes. But we had this really beautiful city Christmas and we went to plays and we did all these things. But it didn't snow, and so I don't know, it feels nice to be kind of getting this cold, woodsy moment.
Speaker 5: Yes, yeah, you guys. So are you guys going to continue that through the holidays? You're just going to stay there. Robert eustaing in Portland too, Are you guys going to talk?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, yeah, No, traveling with a four month old sounds terrible. No, we will be here, and it's been great. We've just been and having fun with the kids. And then Jenny has been baking up a storm, which is equal parts incredible and difficult. Because I have the self control of a dog. I will eat the food you put in front of me until I hurt my body, like I got a stomach ache. And she recently made a just a monster batch of rice crispy treats. And are you familiar with muddy buddies. Oh yes, what'sy so, buddy, buddy, let me walk you through with a muddy.
Speaker 4: Jenny Jersey girl.
Speaker 5: How does she know about money?
Speaker 6: She's an organ girl, but she's just a wizard in the kitchen. So it's when you take checks the cereal. Well, let's put those of the side first. What we're gonna do is we're gonna get some chocolate and we're gonna melt it down, and then we're gonna toss some peanut butter in that party, mix it and melt it down, probably some butter, because why not. And then after that's this like hot delicious concoction. You pour in checks mix and you mix sit all around and then get this though, here's where it gets real next level. So tell them here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna take a big old plastic bag. We're gonna dump a ton of powdered sugar in, and then you pour the chocolate peanut butter covered checks in and you shake it up. So it is just like an insta cavity. But oh my gosh, it's got the crunch, it's got the sweet, it's got the salt. It's so good when I tell you like I have hurt my body. I woke up yesterday and my stomach wasn't right. Still isn't right, even though I took the day off. Sweets. It's so good. I can't help myself. You've got to get you some Muddy Buddies.
Speaker 5: Insane. I don't. I do not like peanut butter and chocolate together. And Muddy Buddies are the one exception to the rule. I I am.
Speaker 3: A person who would prefer to have another dinner for dessert instead of a dessert for dessert. Like I'm such a savory kind of gal that when I first got back to the East Coast, i'd been in LA for work and you know, some projects out there. And I got home and walked in and Ash had made lasagna soup, and I was like, this is the best thing I've ever eaten in my life.
Speaker 5: Even know what that is.
Speaker 3: You guys, I will send you the recipe. I'm telling you, I'm unwell.
Speaker 4: It is so good.
Speaker 3: And we ate dinner and then I looked at her and I was like, I'm having another bowl of this before a bit. This is I'm absolutely I don't need it. I know there's dessert over there, but I don't care. I don't care. I just want this, So I think I need to venture into the world of the savory the savory suite and it sounds like a muddy buddy.
Speaker 1: Is that?
Speaker 5: I think that's the answer.
Speaker 6: There's also a recipe floating around right now that's popular with I mean, first of all, rice krispytreats. I kind of feel like it's the it's the wheel of desserts. It was perfect from inception. Let's not try to make it better. That said, there is a brown butter rice crispy tree with pumpkin seeds and I think a little bit of rosemar something.
Speaker 3: What like a savory Yeah, boys for me.
Speaker 5: On, yes, I want one of those two. Mail them out to me. Uh huh.
Speaker 3: If Jenny's got the recipe for that, please drop it in the group chat.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, please just or just she could just make some and then just put them in a little rocks.
Speaker 6: She has that kind of time.
Speaker 7: Okay, Joey, what is your holiday go to?
Speaker 6: Baked? Good or sweet? Doesn't it to be baked?
Speaker 5: I guess yeah. I like meringue on on things like little peppermint meringues or oh you know what, No, you know what I really love? Oh this is This is definitely my favorite, and it's from Trader Joe's. They're Feffernoos cookies. I don't know if they're Dutch. I don't know what the deal is, but they're called Feafernoose and it's maybe has a I hate licorice. It's not a liquoricy, but it's like a heavy on the clove. It's a very Christmasy flavored cookie and sometimes they make it into a cake, but it's also covered in powdered sugar. I would just go to Trader Joe's and ask them for where the Feafernoos cookies are. They're so I just love coffee and a coffee and a cookie for the holidays. I'm not a big I mean, I love the food, but I love the savory food at the holidays, mostly because I just don't eat a ton of desserts. I don't really like cake or pie. It's just not my thing. What's yours?
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually kind of more like Sophia. If it's a proper like dinner, and like if it's Thanksgiving and there's pumpkin pie and pecan pie, I might just skip those to do more dinner rolls and mashed potatoes.
Speaker 5: Yes, just a dinner roll and some butter, some salted butter.
Speaker 4: That's what I want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I will say, though. My mom traditionally makes raspberry pie for Christmas, and because I love sour things, over the years, she's made her raspberry pie really tart. Oh, Mariene, it is the kind of thing, Rob, We're much like you. If if I'm left alone in the house with it, good luck, it'll be got.
Speaker 4: I will try to stop.
Speaker 3: My dad and I now fight over them, and my dad sometimes will be like, I hate it, just so I can't finish it before him. And so now my mom makes two, and she's like, you're like children. You can each have one.
Speaker 4: Don't touch. Don't touch each other's pie dish like it. We're absurd, we're grown.
Speaker 5: I don't whip cream or ice cream with no, no, no, I don't want to touch it.
Speaker 3: I'm a I'm very much a purist in that way, like, don't mess up my my perfect dessert with vanilla ice cream.
Speaker 5: I'm set.
Speaker 4: I don't want it.
Speaker 6: I love a crunch. I'm a big fan of a crunch, just textually in anything really, But that's what I'm telling you. These muddy buddies, they got that crunch. Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I have a question because it sounds as though I know we're all home for the holidays, which feels really nice. It sounds like perhaps our favorite part of the holidays is the food. But is there something else I'm missing? Is there a holiday tradition perhaps that you love or are you making any new ones this year? I ask only because I've started sort of gathering from family all their favorite traditions. I don't know why I got inspired to ask about it this year, but I was like, what does everybody love to do the most? And I want to know what you guys love to do most tradition wise, and if there's something else that's your favorite part other than the food, obviously tell me, but I don't know.
Speaker 6: Two, we went to a farm this year as a family and actually like went into a f field of trees and we found our Christmas tree. And then I saw it down myself.
Speaker 5: Oh, come on, you're a walking Hallmark movie. Get out of here.
Speaker 6: It was it was so cool, it was it was I was I had a very cool, surreal moment where I was like, I'm down on my hands and knees sawing a Christmas tree, looking up at my wife and kids, and I was like, this this is my life. Oh my gosh, wow, we come a long way.
Speaker 5: And the other.
Speaker 6: Tradition is Jenny decided she's going to every Christmas morning make cinnamon rolls, come scratch and buddies. She does it right, So that'll be another like I will wake up happy on Christmas morning and be in a small diabetic coma by probably a leven.
Speaker 4: How about you?
Speaker 6: Joy?
Speaker 5: Okay? So I went to the Goodwill and I found this plate that had it was a drawing of Clark Gable in Gone with the Wind, and I thought it was really cool. So you know, it's one of those decorative plates that goes on the wall, and you know, of course the famous line is Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn well. I also happened to have this box full of homemade ding dongs from a bake, a local bakery where they do their like local version of ding dongs, and I was like, oh, what could I This would be kind of fun to incorporate this plate and Christmas or it was a New Year's It was a new Year's thing, like how are we going to start the new year? And my sister was in town and her kids and my parents, and so I was like, let's and I had just the right amount of ding dongs for everybody, and so I was like, this would be kind of nice. We'll all take a moment to pass the plate around. And if you if you did something that hurt somebody's feelings in the year, you just you didn't get a chance to apologize for you pass the plate and you say, hey, I'm sorry for being a ding dong, and the person you know then says, frankly, my dear, I don't give it.
Speaker 4: I don't give it time.
Speaker 5: And then you just like let it go. So that went over like a lead balloon. But I thought that it would be really fun.
Speaker 6: I would so.
Speaker 5: What I mean, like, I don't know, maybe it was the kids. The kids were just like and then they weren't allowed to say damn. So I don't give a darn. But I thought that was really cute anyway. So it's a tradition. I still hold out hope for I have the plate on the shelf. I just don't know that I've been brave enough to bring it out again because I know I don't want to get made fun of.
Speaker 4: It's never too late.
Speaker 5: I'm going to try. Maybe I'll just try again this year, just see, you know, take a risk.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so ding dongs happen?
Speaker 5: Yeah, like what the heck? I also really love mulling spices, and like Christmas sets in right around Thanksgiving, I start putting those Williams Sonoma mulling spices on the stove and it's just a pot simmering all day long, makes the house smell amazing. That's one of my favorite things to do too.
Speaker 4: I love you well.
Speaker 3: So a couple of years ago I actually got in on said tart raspberry pie baking process with my mom, and I really enjoy that. That's something I'd really like to contin you. And then I was trying to think last New Year's about great ways to mark the New Year, and my best friend Kenny sends all of us this booklet that is this thing that you sort of sit with for a few days going into the new year and fill out and it's so inspiring and it's also such a pain in the ass because it takes like three full days to do and I want to be the person who has the time to do this, and I'm often not, and so this year I have discovered a cool way to do it more easily. Somebody last year sent me an idea where everyone in the family gets a jar and once a week you put something great that happened to you that week in the jar. It can be more often, but it's a minimum of once a week, and you're supposed to look at them. You start on New Year's Day, and then the next year you read them on New Year's Day. But I thought to myself, I actually want us to sit and read these jars on Christmas, because that's great. Walking down that kind of wonderful memory lane is a gift. And then you get a whole week to kind of mull over your year and then enter the new year in so much gratitude for all the good things that have happened, because you know, there's a lot that's really tough, but why not put your energy toward being thankful for what was beautiful. So that's my brand new tradition, And I think, yeah, I think the holiday jar it's a jar of merriment if you will.
Speaker 4: Hey, the marriage jar and you.
Speaker 5: Can have it out all year round. Yeah, sewing into it, waiting for the day it arrives, when you get to read it all. I love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's special.
Speaker 6: Well, however, you and yours celebrated and are continuing to celebrate this holiday season. From all of us at Drama Queens, we hope that it's been a one wonderful season for you and an even better and more prosperous year to come.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, And just to thank you, you know, yeah, I mean to both of you, I love you so much, and to our whole shot of family and our fans, I mean, you know, our listeners.
Speaker 4: Guys.
Speaker 3: We get to do this because of you and with you, and we're so looking forward to what's to come in the new year.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thank you all.
Speaker 4: Happy holidays, Happy New Year.
Speaker 5: Hey, thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 5: H or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 2: See you next time we.
Speaker 1: All about that high school drama Girl, Drama Girl, all about them.
Speaker 2: High school Queens. We'll take you for a ride at our Comic Girl cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 4: Drama, queens up girl fashion, but your tough girl.
Speaker 2: You could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl Drama, Queens Drama, Quise Drama, Queens drama.
Speaker 2: John McQueen's John, The Queenans