Speaker 1: Oh do you mind it real quick? I just run down Friday night lights. The high school football game's going on tonight. Please do all right, let's get the music. You may follow along if you wish. Detail in this report.
Speaker 2: Running a game of Thrones. Watched it all the promos, it was everywhere.
Speaker 3: Did you picture them fighting with their swords and all their costumes?
Speaker 1: We're fighting on the gridiron. This is Friday Night Lights one and forty eight high school football team snight across southern California. Shout run down some big games. Yeah, let me run it down for you. First off, the Battle of Long Beach has the eight and one Long Beach poly Jack Rabbits, Okay and their head coach, Stephen Barbie.
Speaker 2: I didn't know they were the jack Rabbit.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, we talked about this for years.
Speaker 3: Wow, we play against them all the time in high school.
Speaker 1: Well then Stephen Barbie and the team and had straight up Atlantic Avenue to play their rivals, the seven and two Long Beach Jordan Panthers and their quarterback. Let's shout out number twenty eight, Pickle Spears.
Speaker 2: His name is Pickle Spears.
Speaker 1: I've been waitning all morning to say it. Yeahs number twenty eight. Pickles fears.
Speaker 2: I heard that if you drink pickle juice it helps with cramps.
Speaker 1: Well, he doesn't need to know that for the game. Oh yeah, he died. He might not want to get cramps tonight. Maybe all right, we haven't checked in on your Alma modern A wire be those Alamino s Griffins, guys, they're seven and two behind junior running back Anthony League.
Speaker 2: Right, let's go Griffith.
Speaker 1: This week they battled is six and three Edison Chargers from Huntington Beach and their junior running back Julius Gillick. This one is for the first place in the Sunset League. That's right, Sunsets guys might want to go to the game.
Speaker 2: Madison was always really good.
Speaker 1: Can we go to the East La Classic this weekend? That one big one last year was at the Call of Sam with the Black Eyed Peace. Remember we talked to Will.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: This year it's back at La City College and as always it's the eight and one Garfield Bulldogs head coach Lorenzo Nandez and the four and five Rules about Rough Riders head coach Aldo Parral. Last year Garfield was the underdog, but they won sixteen to eight good luck in the East LA Classic. That's your Friday Night Lights high school football report.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: So fun. Yeah, I just love it because I remember when I.
Speaker 2: Played, and I remembered when I cheered.
Speaker 1: Hood You Weather tonight Claudie with tempts in the mid sixties at game time, propping throughout the game? Do you say, hood Weather? It's great, hood You Weather. All right, let's get to what everybody's talking about. So dating apps and you say they're doing what.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's kind of like an arranged marriage if you want to be that extreme. And in my case, my sister set me up with Michael on a blind day, so it's kind of the same thing if you think about it. But similarly, now parents, family members can set you up on a date through the tender app. They can choose the date for you, or they can suggest the date for you.
Speaker 2: And who knows you better than your family.
Speaker 1: That's not arranged marriage. That's just like my mom meeting somebody on you. I think somebody's a good match.
Speaker 2: I'm saying it's extreme just because.
Speaker 3: Exactly having fun with it, because what if it does turn.
Speaker 2: Into marriage, then in a way it was.
Speaker 1: Arranged like way, it's a choice of yours to accept.
Speaker 3: I never thought in a million years this blind date with Michael would turn into marriage. Like I thought I was going on he was supposed to be a rebound. Anyways, I digress.
Speaker 1: He feels the same we both did.
Speaker 3: So Tender Matchmaker lets friends and family access Tinder and they can't d M the people or whatever, but they can just suggest that you go on the date with them. And I think there's a lot of single people on this staff, Like I would love nothing more than to do this for you, Like I want to be a matchmaker?
Speaker 1: Why give me Profiles's why, Robbie, Yeah, I think that's right. Yeah, why not all hands on deck? You know, sometimes people see things that you can't see in the vacuum, That's true. Yeah, they may see something. And also if you've got like all of us and our eyes and ears on it, you've got more opportunities. Right, We're just looking at more opportunities for you.
Speaker 4: Also, when you're on it and you get kind of you're kind of down on it, you you sometimes just swipe no on everybody.
Speaker 3: She's like, you stick with the same pattern, Like you cannot break your old habits with the men you date or the women you date, so someone.
Speaker 2: Else, like your friends, your family, will break that cycle.
Speaker 1: Noticing that we've got a real shift happening here with the staff. We got engagement over here with Tanya, and we got a lot of single staff. Are there newly single people? Marianna, Mikaela, Crystal, Jonathan. There's a lot of singleness.
Speaker 2: I like the singleness.
Speaker 1: Did we add singles or you've o been single this whole time? Did somebody get single? It feels like the list got longer.
Speaker 2: It does feel like you got longer. Give me your apps.
Speaker 1: We might be adding to that engagement list at some point, not here there, but.
Speaker 3: Okay, so okay, So I have to ask the single people, is this a yay or an a for you guys?
Speaker 1: I kind of like it that, yes, well Jen's not she's Are you single?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Oh? Did I say your name? No? Lit's got longer? Is growing? All right? Well? That is? I like it. I think anybody that can help out that knows you, and it just gives you more opportunity to see more people. Tony, you will never have to experience it.
Speaker 2: How do you feel I did experience it? I am good now, But I did all apps.
Speaker 1: Let's get to some free gas. Okay, Friday morning, I want to get with free gas. Next wipe into DJ Triple Excel's Friday Mix.
Speaker 4: I'm never going to date again, so you cone on you this morning on It really just kind of hit me when you said that.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, enjoy it.