Speaker 1: Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning, everybody in Steve j Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. We got a special guest in the building, the champions here, indeed, Rissa Shields. Welcome. Are you feeling, girl?
Speaker 4: I feel good. I'm happy to be here.
Speaker 2: How you feeling? You gotta fight? July twenty sixth Yes, Little Caesars Arena to trade against Landy Daniels.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Always excited to fight a girl man. Always excited fen some more World Championship. She got two belts. She's from New Zealand. She supposed to be tough, so I look forward to fighting her.
Speaker 2: How do y'all pick the fights? Like who helps you decide who your next opponent gonna be?
Speaker 4: We just go whoever the best is, and then if the best turns down, we go to second best, and then if second best, we go third best. This fight, we went for Hannah Gabruce. You're that dropped me in Detroit a couple of years back. I want to rematch her, and she turned us down.
Speaker 3: And a lot of people turn you down, Like is it hard for you to fight an opponent?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well, you know, I'm champ at fire from weight classes. So when I was at one fifty four and one sixty and one sixty eight, now I'm at one seventy five. And when I was at one fifty four, these girls who are fighting at one fifty four now wouldn't fight me. You know, I literally had to go up. It was like, okay, I challenged the girls who was at one forty seven, but they didn't want to fight. I initially went down because I wanted to fight against the one forty seven champions Sincilian brackets at the time, and she told me that I was too fat to get down in fifty four. So when I got the fifty four and beat about a girl that at fifty four, I said, now is your time and she said I'm not. She said she wasn't fighting me. So I was like, well them, that was a waste of a waste of time coming down to one fifty four because I barely made that way.
Speaker 2: Are you scared to lose?
Speaker 4: My scared lose fight? Girls can't beat me? What I gotta be scared of?
Speaker 2: Come on, I no, But I just know a lot of fighters be wanting that perfect record, and when they if they do lose, they don't bounce back the same sometime.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't know them about them, but I know me. I think I trained too hard in the to gifted and I'm just meaning there, I mean, you know what it is like. I'm just I'm just real, mean, I'm real dominant. I'm very confident, and I know that I'm very hard to beat. And I don't listen. If a girl can beat me, I will get on my knees and kiss her feet and tell her good job. That's how I know it's not gonna happen.
Speaker 1: So do you study? You study the people that.
Speaker 5: You fight, Like Lady Daniels, have you like gone down a rabbit hole of her highlights and stuff like that?
Speaker 4: It doesn't take me long to watch the highlights. I watched the highlights. And I watch a girl fight and I say, oh, okay, I know what I need to do with her. It doesn't take me long to watch it. But I do other research, you know. I go and watch interviews of her just talking. I go and look at news articles. I learned about her life. What was her childhood?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 4: You know what she been through in life? Like I go and do like deep.
Speaker 1: Like study deeper research. What does that do for you in the ring? Like how does that the trash talk?
Speaker 4: You know, y'all get in their head? You know some of these girls, you don't some of these girls you want to piss them off. They'd be having a good game plan, but once you piss them off, the game plan go out the window, like they just want to kill you. And I think that's what I did with Savanna Marshall, Like I went and did my research on her, and then I start trying. I tried trash talking to her, and then when we got face to face, and whenever I seen her, I just used to say stuff to her and it and I know that what I would say will play over and over again in her head. And then when we fought her culture and her game plan was to stand in the center of the ring and fight me, which was like, that's done. You six two, I'm five to nine. You should have been on your jab at least to give you a better chance. That went in, But she came out there trying to, you know, fight like she can knock me out, and almost got her ass knocked out.
Speaker 3: I wanted to go back a little bit. Last time you came here, you would promote your movie, Yes, and we did. I didn't get that none of us got a chance to see the movie because movie didn't come out yet. And I seen the movie, and I wanted to talk about that, your childhood growing up a little bit, because we didn't disuss the last time because didn't.
Speaker 2: Se the movie.
Speaker 3: So after being a champion for that young for that long, nobody gave you endorsement deals, nobody put you on the cover of those serial companies. There was no money coming in. I'm sitting there like, this is crazy because you are a champ, and how did that happen? And how did you not hate the sport of boxing and say fist because you weren't even like the fact that you're winning and you still have to go back to Michigan and still have to go back to some of the places that you would is crazy, especially when you see a lot of white girls getting all that money.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Well, honestly, I feel like back then, me being seventeen years old, me being from Flint, Michigan, me being just I was rough around the edges. You know, I'm more put together now and I can say that back then, I didn't understand what the branding part of it was. You know how they want you to talk, You've seen in the movie. You know how they want you to wear your hair, how they want you to dress, or how you're supposed to dress, Like what's the ideal American Golden Girl? For me, it was all about the accolades. It was like, yeah, you can have the makeup and the hair and look good. But if you can do all that and then you don't win the fights, and who cares? To me? Winning has always been the number one thing to do, and I think that that had a part to play in it. And then also women's boxing being fairly new, there is no way possible to make women's boxing look good now. I know I make it look good now, but that's when I'm outside of the ring. Inside of the ring, you get what you get, you know. I come there, I have my hair braided. Excuse me, I come there in my wig to the actual fight. I have my dress on, I have my wig on, I have my makeup on. I go in the back room. Once we get to the back after the grand rival, I'm wiping on the makeup off. I mean wiping the edge control off because the edge control is sweating again your eyes and then I'll be taking the knee like Dravante.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying, don't work. No, that's not how it works. Well, Javonte, he didn't have edge control. He said it was grease edge control burn. I know from experience you don't wear edge control to the gyms. Edge control now.
Speaker 4: I don't know about no grease now, but edge control, yes, it starts sweating your eye. It burned like hell. So when I when I go on the back, I take everything off, to the lashes, to everything, the edge control, and then I get in the ring and I fight. But after the fight is over with, after I done win ten rounds, sometime less I be kind of bruised up from time and sore, I still go and put my wig back on. I have my girls, my makeup, I put my clothes on, put my body suit on, put my heels on, and we go out and we party. And that is like the balance you have to find. But it's not an easy balance to have. Like a lot of times I be wanting to go home, you know, and I'll be wanting to lay down, and I got to ice my face and my body after fighting but for days and then I can come back outside and look refreshed. But it's not always that simple, so I think it was hard to Back then, I didn't care about making boxing be pretty. It was like, look, this is what you get. You want a female boxer, this is what you get. You get muscles, you get grit, you get a hard punch, you get me talking shit to these girls and tell them how bad ON beat them, and like that's what you get. But now I can manage it better because I think I'm better experienced now.
Speaker 2: And I watched the fire inside and I thought to myself, you know, because it showed so much of your personal life, is what version of Clarissia's shields you think would have emerged without boxing?
Speaker 4: I be in jail, Damn, that's flat out, period. And I would say I would be in jail or dead because boxing helped me with my anger, you know. And I'm thirty years old and I still deal with my anger now. But back then I was I was way meaner. I didn't have an understanding of why I had to go through things that I went through while my upbringing was so tough, and I was angry about that. Boxing helped me relieve some with that anger, it helped me directed towards something more positive. So I know without boxing, I would have been street fighting, fighting girls. They used to come your bishop in my hood today because they wanted me to sell drugs because I was the one that I can go, tell you I can hey. He said, give them this and then running back. But it was just like for me, I was like, I don't. I didn't want that type of lifestyle, you know what I'm saying. But I know without boxing that would have happened. Some people like saying you would have been pregnant. But I didn't even like my first boy till I was fifteen years old. I didn't like I didn't even say first boys. I didn't think it's a girl. But I didn't like anything till I was fifteen. I like boxing, And then when I was fifteen, I realized that a boy was cute to me. And that's why I'm like, okay, so I guess I'm not I'm like gay cool. He thought she was gay first, because no, I just I didn't like nothing. I thought I was weird. I anything I was gay. I thought I was weird.
Speaker 2: But that's where your mind should be at you shouldn't be thinking about no boys or no girls at fifteen.
Speaker 4: All my all my friends have boyfriends. Is eleven and ten years old, running to the gym, drinking water, eating healthy, giving myself a ten o'clock, a ten pm curfew, to be in bed six am, get up and go run to school. That was That was my life.
Speaker 3: That the coaching training. Do I still speak, Yeah, me and Jason still speak. I still speak.
Speaker 4: You know, it was just we too much alike. You know. He taught me to be very strong and confident and don't take disrespect. And I guess all those rules applied excepting him, and I think that was the problem, right. You know, he always told me when like when somebody dispect you, you checking right in and there. You don't wait till y'all go in somewhere quiet. Or he like, somebody dispect for you, disrespect you, you let him know, like right in and there, like, hey, I don't like that. That Like that wasn't cool. That was respectful when you try to let them know, like hey, like it's consequences for being disrespectful, you know, it's consequence.
Speaker 1: Break down what happened exactly?
Speaker 5: What to see because I see, and Tiki is from Baddies for those who don't know, but that's Kris Shawn's sister. But uh, it's so many different rumors around there. People say you started, and they say she started. I want to know how what even happened? Because you know you're not on Baddies, you don't be over there. It was so like, how did that even start?
Speaker 4: Fans? This is the thing I fight professionally? Who was more known for fighting me? Or Teki? Let let's be on professionally for sure fighting period. I went to the Olympics twice. I'm known by millions for fighting.
Speaker 5: But what I'm saying, you're a profess like you are a professional fighter, like you said that, you're more known professionally.
Speaker 4: So now that she's beating up girls on Batties, her fans came to me, Oh, we think Tsiki can do this and do that. All I did was re fond let them know. I like that Tsiki is beating these girls up. You know it's good for TV. But she can't beat me up. And that's where I think her problem came from. But all in all, I don't give a damn about to Siki or nobody who think that she can do anything with me. She said that she needs to stop popping pills and all these other shit to get ready to fight me. And she gotta train exactly how I train.
Speaker 2: That's she behind the eight ball.
Speaker 4: She gotta she's already, she's already meant, she's already lost in a sauce when it comes to even a fight with me. And that's inside the ring and outside of the ring. Because one, you never tell nobody your weaknesses. You never tell them all the stuff that you're doing that you're not supposed to be doing. That's one. Two, I'm never gonna give you my entire regimen of training of what I do. Why why would I do that? Get up and gonna run six miles? She'll die, she can't do it. So the conversation doesn't make sense. I think right now I man to spot my life where everything is about cloud, cloud, cloud, and right now I'm this natural cloud. Anytime I talk to everybody like, oh, Chloressa said this, Clarssa said that shade Room Hollywood on lock TMZ, I really can't do anything without people taking bits and parts of it, and just it was the fans that made that and then I also, like I said, I responded to it, and actually I actually caught an Ivory to a fight to.
Speaker 1: Me Ivy who was on who just she just joined Batty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Ivy is way more rough eren in to Siki. Yeah, she's actually from like a rough part of wherever she's from. And I've seen that girl fight on now That's TV, me too, and she was more keen. She responded to having a boxing match against me. It wasn't a street fight with Ivory. She responded to her wanted to get in the ring and box against me, and I was like, okay, yeah, you know, well let's make it happen. But you know it's the Internet. So I made that one hundred thousand dollars challenge to Hey, if a girl can whip me, I will I will give you one hundred thousand dollars. If you can beat me in a in a fight, you deserve a hundred thousand. You do.
Speaker 2: I want to see it. I don't I'm not wishing that on you, Clarissa, but I just want to see it because I feel like, at some point You're gonna have to show one of these girls stop playing with you.
Speaker 4: Did you miss it. When I beat the troiller at the JOB, I remember that what I was the first example these girls, No did I come to gym with me? No more, I will glove up with you. I'm not that bougie where they be like, oh, I'm just too celebrity. I don't know, Nah, you want yours.
Speaker 2: That's my point. When I hear people just randomly talking to professional athletes online like they can just beat them so easily, I just want to. I need to see I'm because I don't know why. We need to see the difference between the clarista shills and just you. You know, yeah, what do you mean?
Speaker 4: You want to see me in the street fight?
Speaker 2: I want you to get some money for it, but I just want.
Speaker 4: To know what I'm saying. You want to see me like fight without gloves?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Because yeah, job, I would say, well box and listen. First of all, the boxing gloves protect the fighters. It's the patty. I would never do bare knuckles. I barely wanted to do MMA, which is four ounce gloves. But Tarla Maine, I fight these girls with no gloves on. You must hate them. Wow, I can't believe you said that. I'm sorry, he said, that. I'm apologized, but.
Speaker 1: Didn't they They tried to get you on Baddies, right.
Speaker 4: Natalie wanted me to come. Natalie wanted you to come and stay in the house and everything, and I told her, listen, I was all for it because I feel like it's cross branding. Yeah, it's cross branding. And I will more going there on some I like positive stuff, you know, I like really yeah, I like I like positive stuff like box is positive to me. But I would go on there more of like I think the girls on on Baddies, it's a lot of women on there who got like some trauma and these healing, you know, and training in boxing helped me. I want to go on there to these girls want to fight all the time. I don't understand if they fighting the If they fighting the whole time, who's getting to a bag?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that that'd.
Speaker 4: Be my question for them, Like who's actually getting to some money on there? If all they doing is fighting. They can't go to the club, they can't go to dinner, they can't go to events because it's a fight that break out every time. So for me, I was like, look, I will go on there and I want to be that eye open her like, look, let's train, let's work out, let's release some stress, and maybe everything can go more smoothly. But then, of course if it, if it can't, yeah, glove up and put on headgears and some mouthpieces. Because girls getting their teeth knocked out, they getting eyes busted up.
Speaker 5: I don't know how much they No, I'm not even talking about like what they're getting paid.
Speaker 1: But I'm just saying like for is nothing.
Speaker 5: It's just a bunch of arguments and fightingsbective, true objective.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you don't know who's right, who's wrong. I don't know. But like I said, I told Nay that I will come on her show, but she gotta have everybody sign a sign of form that if I listen, I want them girls trying to be so intim that they team up and try to jump me. N I got the whoop foutos in one day. No, we gotta we gotta have them sign that. Listen. I'm not responsible for no damages, for no teeth, no eyes, none of that. Because I feel like those girls on batteries are their devils. And here, well look I getting jumped back to seeking ivory. I gotta fight for my life it's two of them. I gotta fight real, real hard, and it's like I'm not I'm not losing, especially if we're on TV and they gonna post collect. I got to show y'all what I can really do.
Speaker 1: Sign it.
Speaker 4: No, she said that she couldn't get it done. She said, oh, she talked to she talked to Zeus and since it's reality TV, she can't have them sign it. I said, well, I can't come and we ain't even talk about money or or anything, because once we didn't get past that. I just said, okay, cool.
Speaker 2: And people be so scared to take a ass weapon. They might come at you with weapons and all types of.
Speaker 4: I got people trying to people talking about listen, people don't say that they gonna shoot me, stab me, all types.
Speaker 3: Of stuff I want to ask about. With a last fight, they said, uh, at first they said there was some substance in your in your in your in your urine. And then they came back and said that wasn't true. What happened with that instance?
Speaker 4: Man, people is crazy. I don't know man, like it was. It's just it's just crazy work. I will I will tell you that I've never experienced something like that in my life, I don't smoke marijuana. I don't eat marijuana. I'm not even around people that smoke. So I was thinking that it was the arena because I know that in the arena was smoky as ever. You know, rather that was with cigarette smoke.
Speaker 2: We smoke whatever.
Speaker 4: You can just go to the storm buy it. So when I found out that it was in my system, first thing I did because I was here in New Jersey. I was here in New York and I was a pet when I got the news, I said, these theseus is crazy. I went straight to lab Corp. And I took a yearine test and that and that goes back to thirty days and they said I didn't have any marijuana in my system at all. So how this came out that I did have it in there from a swab test, which isn't really that accurate versus a urine test. I think that's how I beat my case. And like I said, I had to go and sit in front of them and go to trial and all this bullcrap. But it just I think something was wrong with their test. I don't know what was wrong with the test, but everything got resolved. I got unsuspended and now we're back fighting July twenty sixth at Little Caesars in the trade.
Speaker 2: You know you said earlier that you know people do you the clout now? Right? And I saw. I saw Chris Cyborg just tweet out. He said, who is that USC fighter? Okay, he said, only five boxing fights, but already got more KOs than Clarissa's shields. Oh that was so random.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I don't know why she. First of all, I kicked Chris cyborg ass very bad when we sparred a few years back, and I know now Bob was the fighter I knock her out, so I don't know. And then she just fought a girl that was four four wins, three losses and haven't knocked out twice already. So if you go out, if you want to be technical, since I have to, if you go to box rereck, I've never fought against a fighter who wasn't who had more than four or five losses. Most of the people I fought against undefeated champions. So when Chris Ibory can do that, she gets like maha, like how many knockouts she's getting. But to the end, she can go keep injecting that shit in her face trying to make her face look softer because she looked like a damn clown every time I see her. I just I just can't, you know. And then Chris is the op. She wanted to learn so much. Oh, oh, oh, I'm your friend. I want you to train mmm. And then when I turned Mma to start fighting May she won't even come and train with me.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: But she was like, oh, when you train Mma, I'm gonna teach you this and teach you that. She won't even come train with me because I beat her up when we sparred. So she was a op and she should have took that money that them dudes have for us to fight over there and saw when they offer me three million to offer her one, she should have took the money.
Speaker 3: Do you like fighting?
Speaker 2: She turned that down.
Speaker 4: She's a punk. Oh, I want to fight at one forty seven, and and you're bigger than me. Why do we gotta fight at one fifty four? I'm like, Sis, let's get some money. What's the problem. Oh no, I want to fight at one forty seven. Well, I've never made one forty seven, so I'm not going to forty seven.
Speaker 3: You enjoy fighting in Michigan or do you like Vegas.
Speaker 4: Well, my dream was to fight at Team Maball Arena in Vegas. That's like my ultimate dream main event I fought through before my pro debut. But I love fighting. I love fighting Michigan though. You know, but listen, you gotta you gotta come to the fight to actually experience it. Some of these boxing matches I've been going to, they they've been kind of lack lesteran born. But you don't get that up in my fight. You get a good walkout, you get a nice crowd, the crowd chance whooped that trick in between a rounds, and uh yeah, you know, you get action packed fight with me in there. So it's a whole different experience.
Speaker 2: What's something about the way women's boxing is promoted that makes you cringe, but you haven't publicly called it out yet.
Speaker 4: For me, how they act like putting women on men's undercards doesn't help the women. They keep trying to say, oh, it's not beneficial, but that's how they build their men champions up to where they can become main event fighters. So when I was saying, Hey, I want to fight the under card of Deontay Wilder, Terence Crawford, Earl Spence, paq, y'all gods of that nature. I was always been told, Oh, that's not gonna help you girl, that's not gonna help your brand. That's not gonna It was like, yes, it is, Yes it is. If twenty million people is tuning in to see Anthony Joshuall fight, I'm the co main event, at least ten of them gonna be there or fifteen waiting to get to the so they can see me fight and they can become fans of me. But they act like that's false information when I know that it's true because I've seen them do it with the men who I fight better than that. Now that these men are getting main event cards and I'm like, huh, that's funny. He fighting pay per view and I know Dan Will, he can't fight better than me.
Speaker 3: Seemed like a no brainer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hell that fight the Tailor Seranto fight.
Speaker 4: Who that was on the card of Mike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that was the best fight on the car that night.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I agree.
Speaker 1: Your name has been your name being.
Speaker 5: A lot of a lot of conversations, you know, not only even for boxing though, but your personal life as well. Right, and do you feel like because your personal life, you know, like your love life and everything like give it online, that gets like more publicity than like things like your movie or your fights. Do you feel like that help helps or hurt your career in any type of way?
Speaker 4: Like I fight, everything helps, you know what I'm saying, Women's is a very hard market for people to find out about you, you know what I'm saying. Like, I've been the best fighter in the world since I was seventeen years old. I'm thirty now, that's thirteen years of dominance of not losing. I got seventeen year old titles, five different divisions, four a time undisputed champion. Like, I've accomplished everything you can accomplish in boxing. So therefore all this stuff that my name being, it's like, you know what, it's beneficial. I just have to make sure it's going the direction that I wanted to go. I want to be Beyonce. Okay, I want to be like Serena Williams. I don't want to be like I don't even want to get no better examples. It's a bunch, but I want to be like on that caliber of Muhammad Ali. So doing that I can't entertain everything, you know, even though it may give me more followers, but it's not something that's going toward where I'm trying to go in my career and in my life because I'm trying to go to the fifty and twenty one hundred million dollars and some stuff that I may entertain. Kid could stop that, you know, I don't my name be everywhere? Every day I gotta every day is somebody else making a damn podcast. It's somebody else making a video, and somebody else putting pictures. They got old pictures in me, new pictures in me, and pictures of me and Pat. It just every day is something and it just takes a lot of mind powers.
Speaker 3: You're just like, you know what, welcome to our world.
Speaker 1: I know, right.
Speaker 5: Let me just you know, just because like, yeah, right before your movie came out, right before it came out health sales or.
Speaker 1: Whatever or whatever it did. It did, but your relationship was revealed in a very messy way.
Speaker 5: What was going through your mind when that happened. That was early in the morning, and everything just.
Speaker 4: You know, it was it was I can say that I can say that I was shocked for one and I was upset because me and my publish that, me and my publicists have been talking about, Hey, we're getting ready to have the movie come out on Christmas Day. Let's not have nothing happen. So I had been ignoring so many things, so many things, and then this can It was like, oh, what the hell? And I remember being like I was. I was. I was frustrated, but also too, it's like, keep keep your cool because once again, the direction we're trying to go is not that direction. One. I don't get paid off of drama. A lot of people say that they know me because of that situation or or because of PAP and it was like, I had one point one million followers before that ever happened. Now I'm at one point one point four And it was like, but I also had a movie come out. I had a fight. I'm constantly going viral for.
Speaker 2: Anything, Netflix documentary.
Speaker 4: I've done TV shows like I Wrap, So with that, I just like, you know what, It's just I think that the devil was trying to get in a way. You know, he wanted to see me crash out. And that's why I handled it how I handled it. I promoted my movie. I promoted my fight and I just continue moving because I have nothing to argue about. Like me and Papa are together, where we are happy together. He packed my belt this morning for me to bring my stuff here. We just got back from LA. We're together all the time. He wrapped me out. We trained together, like we're together, So I don't really have to argue about anybody about where my spot is with him. You know, it's like that's not my place. Now. There are things that got to get handled, but it's still it's not even my stuff to handle, it's his. How did y'all bet we met at your court fight July six last year? Yeah, that's what I said.
Speaker 3: How did you know he was the one? How did you I'm sure how did you know? Like he was the one?
Speaker 4: He's smooth cat man. See. The thing is, like I told her, I didn't really like boys until I was fifteen. So now I've had a few boyfriends here and there. And I remember like Pappy walked up to me and he shook my hand, which I was like shake hands hands. That was kind of my mind, like what the hell? And then he just mentioned like, oh, I watched you fighting the Olympics. I'm a fan. I've been a fan, you know. And I was like, well, well, I fight in two weeks in Detroit. You know, if you if you freeze your come out. He was like, I'm coming. And I always get that from celebrities though they always say all we're gonna come, We're gonna come, and then fight night come and then they don't come. So I didn't think it was coming. I'm like, all right, cool. I'm like, we took a picture, which I'm gonna get to that in a minute, but we took a picture and I posted it on my page, but it was my second picture because I think, gee, Herbert was the first picture. And then when I posted it, I dmned him in the picture and I'm like, if you want to come to the fight, here's my public's number. I make sure you got VIP where you can come to the back and you know, say hello whatever. And he was like all right. So he hit her immediately and we're all in the group text and then the day had a fight, he texted her and says, hey, I'm here, and then she brought him to the back and I was like, oh shit, he came to the fight, that's what's up. And but I could tell like you said, what did he I know he was the one so strange. So I came here to the breakfast club last year and he kept saying he wants to go out to eat when I come to New York, you want to take me out to eat. And I was just like, why, what do you want to go out to eat? Forth, like what's up? And we had we have been texting back and forth and stuff like that, but he's really hard to He's not hard to read, but he's very like private throughout the text, and so he like, I just want to talk to you in person. So when we talked in person, that's when I was like, dangn I kind of like this dude, and he just was like so kind, so nice, and I think we had a conversation before. I do like bad boys and good boys. I like a good guy. Don't be all all that nonchalance, stuck up you the you the prize, Get the hell away from me.
Speaker 5: Please knock nigg out act like that.
Speaker 4: You mess. People think I hate my men. I don't. I don't. Come on.
Speaker 2: Now, you said there's some things he needs to handle. What do you mean by that?
Speaker 4: Said? Again?
Speaker 2: You said earlier that some things need to handle.
Speaker 4: Oh, I mean, it's the elephant in the room. I don't have to say it in his personal life, but that but that takes time, and like I said, that's not my place to speak on you know what I'm saying, Like, it'll get it'll get handled. I just know that from my perspective. I'm with him. I'm with him every day, and when I'm not with him, we're on the phone every day and we're talking and we're face timing, and you know, we love each other. So that's just kind of what it is, you know what I'm saying. But hey, it's the situation, and it is what it is.
Speaker 2: I'm assuming you mean, like you want to wait till the divorce is like official official? Did that hold you? Did that keep you from from like giving you all?
Speaker 4: No? Not, because we're together all the time.
Speaker 1: So that all is already given.
Speaker 4: What she's saying, Yeah, that's that's it. We already talked. We talk about so many different things, and I'm thirty, so we talk about kids and family and stuff like that. But like it's still that still has to get taken care of. But like you know, once again, it's not it's not for me, you say, I'm saying like I'm not I'm not married, you know, so, uh yeah, that's that'll get handled. But still at the same time, I've been like, I'm such a secure woman when it comes to him because he's proven his he's proven it to me like I was. I was. So when somebody is just truthful with you from the beginning, there is no there is no secrets there there is just hey, this is what it is, and do you accept or do you not accept? That's kind of what it was. And he's been true from the beginning. And we fell on the phone for three four months of us first getting together, So for us to fall asleep on a regular night and then to wake up to chaos in the morning was like.
Speaker 5: Oh shit, we see that's how we found out because y'all was on the damn phone.
Speaker 4: But that had been going on for three four months, and that wasn't just at night. We talked from sun up to sundown, so that, like I said, that's what shocked me because I was like, oh, hell, what the heck? Because if we go to see on the phone four for four months every night and the phone's saying it's four hours, three hours whatever hours on the phone. You don't think that one day you're gonna wake up to that, you know. So that's what threw me off. But hey, at the end of the day, look, women are women. I don't know what. I don't know what else to say, Like I don't I don't have any ill will toward any women, and I don't have any ill will toward her.
Speaker 3: So y'all haven't spoken.
Speaker 4: Nah, No, I mean she made her post and whatever, and that was about it. But like I said, women aren't women. They're very emotional creatures, you know what I'm saying. And I think that was just I don't know. I don't know what it was. I don't know it was emotions or I don't know what it was because because I don't know her and she don't know me. She don't know me either, you know what I'm saying. So yeah, I don't know what that was. But like I said, it's not it wasn't for me. That's why I just responded how I responded. We're gonna promote the movie gonna We're gonna promote the Fight once again. I Fight July twenty six, Man, they've been at Little CAUs Arena tickets on Ticketmaster. Nineteen thousand. People need to be there. Last five I did twelve thousand. Let's go for nineteen this one.
Speaker 2: You know, you know, as a woman who dominates the brutal sports claricity, do you ever feel like you gotta protect your softness?
Speaker 4: Yeah, everybody don't get that. Everybody don't get that. You know, in the in the in the past year, I say year and a half, I had to change my whole whole life around. I was living in Flint, Michigan. I had me a nice house there. I was engaged. You know. I was just very very close to everybody in my family. But once I knocked out Joe Nace at that heavyweight and people thought I was gonna lose that fight, and I knocked her out in the second round. I thought, people change when you lose. People change when you win. And they thought you was gonna lose, and they start acting crazy all this entitlement. People got issues with me. I did this, I did that. I'm like, I haven't done nothing but training and work hard and be accomplished, and oh I'm looking down on them. I think I'm better than them because I buy myself nice things and I don't buy them nice things, and it just got outrageous, you know, and then these girls and it was you know, anyways, it was just people start paying more attention to me because I started loving myself better. So loving myself better it means you have to disconnect from that don't love you. And I had to move all the way to Atlanta. I have another house now, a seven bedroom house now, and I just had to move there. And I spent so much time learning to be okay with being by myself, right, And this was coming out of a relationship. And I didn't just jump into a relationship with Pat. I gave myself a month or two. But it was still just just a little bit of time, you know how it was young fucks can't be too long now. I'm fine for that, but yeah, it just more for me, like I had to like really seclude myself. And when I did that, I learned to be alright with just hanging out with me, you know what I'm saying, hanging out with me and my dog, because I have a dog.
Speaker 3: The sad thing about it is watching a movie. That's how you were at like fifteen sixteen, the same thing you started winning and then everybody started coming and started feeling entitled. And it's weird that you still had to deal with that now. It just never changed.
Speaker 4: You never change problems. And and that's real. More money, more problems. They hear about you making millions of dollars. They see you rent one hundred thousand dollars chain, you got a Rolex, you got diamonds on diamonds. They're like, where my shit at? And I'd be like, well, you gonna get hit in the face, and then you and then I and then I bet you get something. You may not get a million, but you're gonna get some You're gonna get some money. If you're gonna run some miles and you're gonna eat healthy, and you sacrifice what you have to sacrifice one hundred percent, you will make some type of money.
Speaker 2: Do you think you feel that way because you've always I'm just going off the movie. In the movie, there was a scene where you was with your think, your little brother and your little sister, and you was like, I'm gonna get us out the hood. Basically, I'm gonna get us out of here. I'm gonna take that. They always looked to you to be that person.
Speaker 4: Yes, and no, because I've done things for my family that I nobody else in this room will probably do for their family. I've bought cars, I've I've paid rent and not this rent for a month or two, but like for a whole year and a half. My sister, little three kids are kids, school clothes, hairdudes, haircuts, shoes. That's me, my younger brother, my mom. I bought my mom two cars so far. My little brother, I just bought him a car. And I don't say this to brag, but it's like, I do things for my family to help them have a better life. And it comes to a point where it's like, listen, you're grown too. I don't have to take care of you. You're like you're grown too, Like what are you going to do to help change your life? Because I'm not God. I'm not God, and nobody came down and gave me a car and gave me money. I had to work for everything that I have, so I can't just give it and give it away. Because you guys feel like, oh, you're our big sister or you're our family member, like this is what you're supposed to do. It's like, no, I can help position you, but then after that you have to work. You have to figure it out, because I gotta figure it out.
Speaker 5: They got to have that mindset though, you know what I mean. Like if they don't have that mindset like you, like you grind you, you push yourself, you built your own self, you know what I mean, then all they gonna keep doing like you said, you just paid somebody rent a year and a half straight.
Speaker 1: At not one.
Speaker 5: Point did they ever say, all r yo, make me like, put me on so I can't pay my own rent.
Speaker 1: They just sat there and just let you pay the rent for a year and a half.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I also told them to save up, save save up your money. I supposed to do it for six while I'm paying your rent.
Speaker 4: Save your money because once I'm done paying your rent, you should be able to go pay your own rent and you should have a job by then. Two you'd be to buy to buy you a car. Some should be able to happen after saving bill, saving up your money for a year and a half. And that's one thing people talking about people getting money. Money management is a lost art in a black community. It's a lost art. All these basketball players, football players, after they're not in the league for three years. They broke and that's sad, But that's because money management is not something that's taught. But I want to learn. When you're getting hundreds of thousand here, one hundred thousand there, you can go buy whatever you want from Gucci, Louis Versatcha. You can just go buy it. You're not even paying attention to how much money you're spending, and then you think that after your career is done, you can still spend that way, and then you realize, like, oh, bank card declined. You know what I'm saying. So I learned about money management doing during COVID, I had ten people sent in my house. Ten I was ordering door dash every day cases of water, food, and I think from the year of COVID, I spent seventy five thousand dollars within a few months. I look at my bank account and I said, what how that happened? I thought somebody was stealing from me. I went down and looked at my bank account. I went to the bank and wan't nobody stealing you just you just spend money because you know that you have it. But it was like, yo, that's yo, that's too much for me to be spending seventy five thousand and three months.
Speaker 1: It adds up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some got some got a shit. So for me, that's where I learned, like, Okay, let's stop ordering so much online. We can't eat or that shar every day. Let's order some groceries like you got to figure out the give in the giving and take. Because I don't do any cigarettes or alcohol or drugs, So that wasn't the problem. The problem was to me, I'm I'm ordering out, taking care of everybody. I'm paying for gas, I'm paying for cars, I'm doing everything. It's like, yo, you you and me broke like them, like the people you've been talking about. Girl.
Speaker 3: Now, I did see an interview that you said after this this year, you're gonna close shot down and you want to start your family. Said you said you want to you want to start your family, about to shut this boxing down for a little bit. You still you're still on that wave.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I want to have two more fights this year and then shut it down for a minute.
Speaker 1: The reason why I look, I did.
Speaker 5: I knew who you were before you got into a relationship with Pat, but this is the first time that I've seen you in your soft girl as soft as I feel like you ever gonna get unless you have a daughter. But I feel like, yeah, i've seen I've never seen you blush before until your relationship, I've never seen you not that you always like hard. Yeah, you're always hard up, but before your relationship. Now you're more like soft girl. And you said you had a seven bedroom house. You're planning to fill that up with Well, that's what It's the same question, but it's just better form. So you're trying to fill up that seven bedroom house.
Speaker 4: No, So just to rewind, I think with the childhood that I had, I have to slowly grow into the soft girl area. It's not something that just come overnight. You don't just turn twenty five mile old now you're soft and thirty nine years soft. It's like I had to do a whole lot of healing and growing. And I feel like I've been a soft girl for three years. People keep saying it just started with Pap and it was like, no, I've been I'm softer now because of the man that he is, you understand, But I've always been soft and anybody knows, you know that I'm very sensitive. That's why I let everybody talk to me and be a rumman because you say the wrong thing. I've been been a freaked out and everybody like, what's wrong with her? And I'm just crying and I'm cussing everybody out and I want to fight people because I know that I'm sensitive. I know that. So with me knowing that, I just kind of, you know, sty're clear of drama and stuff like that. So with that, now that I'm in my softer, softer girl era and I'm in a heel girl era too, I want to I feel like I'm capable to have a child now, you know, And and I always wanted my own family. I want to have six kids, honestly, but I will settle with four.
Speaker 1: The seven bedroom house.
Speaker 5: That's why you got, yeah, bedroom for the six kids, and then the bedroom for you, your man and the dog.
Speaker 4: The dog is crazy. But yeah, I mean I don't want to yeah, in total over the years, you know what I'm saying. But I do want to start next year. But you know, tell God your plans and hell and he'll leaf, you know. So I just know, like that's that's what I want. But who knows if it happened to it, maybe thirty one or thirty two. You never know, but I know that I will be having a kid, some kids soon.
Speaker 2: Was there ever a moment because of your upbringing, because of the trauma you experienced where even winning feels lonelier than losing?
Speaker 4: Mike Fields, No, nothing feels better than winning. Losing sucks. Losing sucks. I don't know. I don't know if type of winning you when I win, I feel like, to me, winning a boxing match is just as great as having a great having a great sex session, you know what I'm saying. Like that's it's the highest thing for me. And people think it's weird when I say that, But it's like I've never been high off of drugs. The highest high I've ever been or happy is either winning a boxing match or sex. It just that's it, I mean, Or let me think of something that made me happy eating good food. Yeah, sex is up.
Speaker 2: There, regardless of what's going on in your life. If you win a match, you good.
Speaker 4: It makes me feel really really good. And I don't let the people put the pressures of me of getting knockouts. I know that I'm an entertainment fighter. You're gonna get a nice fight, and you're gonna be happy that you came. But you're not going to pressure me to be upset over a win because I didn't get the knockout. Like, I think I worked too hard to let the casuals and the fans say, oh, you didn't get knockouts, so you're not good. It's like, but I beat the shit out of it though, you know so to me, winning is what matters because losing. If I was to lose a man, you think I'm viral now Lorid have mercy.
Speaker 5: I don't know if if there's a dumb question or not, but look right, So when guy's box, like I heard that they can't have sex like before the fight because it messes up like that.
Speaker 1: I guess adrenaline need to be pumped up or whatever.
Speaker 5: But is it the same with women like you can cauld you like have sex the night before you fight. Does it mess with you or does it take away from your energy? You're not examped up?
Speaker 4: No, I well won. I can't speak for the other female champions, but being pound for pound number one woman fighter, I don't have sex for the six weeks before a fight. I don't in any man I've been with know that like we can hug we can kids, but when they come to like the actual penetration part, nah, and even the it's not even about it's not about you said the word penetration. Crazy, It's not about it's not about that. It's about it's about coming orgasms, right, can't do that. So there's no type of form of sex for me, you know. And I feel like that gives me what I need for the fight because I'm Clarressa. But then when I fight, I'm Clarenzo hmm. And Clreenzo don't want No, he don't want to d.
Speaker 2: Has Clarrenzo ever showed up in the bedroom?
Speaker 4: Excuse me, not the green lady?
Speaker 2: No, what's a moment in your adulthood where you're healing? Surprised you, Clarissa, what's something that used to trigger you? You was like, oh that that don't bother me no more. You ain't get there, you know.
Speaker 4: I I think I think I've had this conversation with God a couple of times, like I'm never going to be the person that you slapped me, and I turn out the chicken you slap me again. You know, I don't think I'll ever get there, But do I want to get there? Sure? But I don't want people thinking it's okay to slap me. You know what's something that happened to me And I said, you know what, girl, you did a good job, but not to me. It's been always defending myself, sticking up for myself, speaking the truth. And I think that I think when the movie came out, I was tested the most constantly until now. Still you know, I pat myself on the back all the time. You said, I said, yeah, you may have responding to this, but you didn't respond to that. You know, you cut your phone off when you've seen this. But because it's some people who are not even qualified to speak on me, like up in no type of shape or form, Like you've never been number one in the world at what you do. Why are you talking to me? Why are you talking about me? You've never made a million dollars? You work for somebody. I don't. I caught a shot in my career, house cars, family, please, And then people feel like they can speak on me. And then even some of these trolls or whatever, and trolls also be like theseelebrities and I go and look and I think, tom it be the audacity they'd be Like, where did you get that from for you to even think you can come tell me about what I'm wearing, how I dress, how wear my hair, why I'm wearing braids when I box and I ain't wearing a lace front. You not even qualified to be talking to me. Go be number one in whatever your life is first, and then when you get up there to that Michael Jordan, Serena Williams, Beyonce Claressa Shields Era, then you come talk to me that So thought that'd be my issue. Wanted to check people and let them know, focus on your life, because focusing on my life. You don't get no money from me. I'm not ever gonna pay you for mind in my business. Go mind your business and you'll get to where you want to get to. So that be the thing for me, Like that's what I pat myself on the back because I may respond to stuff here, but it's been some stuff, some things that happened, and I've been like this man this whole I ain't qualified. Brother, she's not qualified to play with me like that, And that'd be my end. And I think that's my where I'm healing from because it's like, not only can I talk trash and I can get back at you with whatever you're saying. I can also beat your ass too, and that be for me, Like so many these people need to get They ask what I'm telling you, mercy.
Speaker 2: No, Lady Daniels is up next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you know I've done my research. She got a she got a nice past on her. You know she'dn't have been through some things. She lost the sibling due to I think Lou lou leukemia. She's tough. She's bringing her whole country of New Zealand with her to detrade. She thinks she can't be beat now. She got she lost early in her career, but I think she feels like now she can't be beating that. She's my toughest challenge. So I look forward to the fighting in July twenty sixth.
Speaker 3: That's right, July twenty six little Casar's Arena in Michigan.
Speaker 2: Hold on, I got one more question. How much motive did ESPN leaving you off the Trailblazing Athletes list? How much? How much did that motivate you? So you should have been on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah? But you know what, Once again, I like I said, I acknowledged it, and then I kept going on MO day, Right, I see this, This is what I'm not saying, and this is what I want the networks and people to understand. What I've learned. I've learned that they know that they do things that's wrong, especially to me, but they do it to get a reaction out of me because they want to get more views and clicks. Because because what I'm gonna do respond, I'm going to acknowledge it. So when I acknowledged it, I realized that one nobody paid attention to them. They little Trailblazer list anyway. That's for one, you would have got more clicks if you would have put me on there. Now that I actually brought it to everyone's attention and then they went and looked and seen what it was that got them more clicks and got them more likes. But it didn't motivate. It didn't motivate me at all because I got a spied. You understand, I'm saying, like I am everybody who they had the trail Blazer on that list, I've accomplished more than so I. It didn't motivate me at all. It just showed me like another hater somebody else who who trying to downplat my great and it's like it ain't great, but I know I'm the greatest, you know, and it's it's and it's hard to deny it, you know. Anybody say that they that they greater than me, asking what their accomplishments are. Look up they fights, look up their record. I mean, it's so much you gotta do. But I want to say to to to MVP, I'm the most victorious person. Fuck y'all period.
Speaker 2: You have it.
Speaker 3: Clisa Shields July twenty six, sixteen in Old Box of undisputed status in three weight divisions and we appreciate you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank y'all for having me.
Speaker 3: That's right, it's Clicia else. The Breakfast Club, good morning, Wake that ass up in the morning.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: M HM.