Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, Armstrong and Jetty and he Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: You're just discussing how we are hardcore today. We are hardcore talk radio today. Get the illegals out of here. No boys and girls restaurants and no fat generals and what else.
Speaker 1: We're no women in combat exactly. We are done with that. That's right, amen, Pete Boy, you tell them, huh, maybe I've had too much coffee. It's possible. That's all right. It's been fun. So oh, that's right. I had an introduction. Really, let me get that. I should have written it.
Speaker 3: Voldemort couldn't get little Hermione Granger, but she just took a one two punch that dropped her to the canvas.
Speaker 1: For none other than JK. Rowling.
Speaker 3: It's a special celebrity packed gender bending madness updates.
Speaker 1: So I kept hearing about this thing called by the loco. We're a Brave New worldl.
Speaker 3: Now, before we get to the Harry Potter madness, first, a story that's pretty serious.
Speaker 1: It's from Massachusetts.
Speaker 3: Here is a couple that has been fostering children for several years now. They've taken seven children into their home in Massachusetts for short and longer term placements. They are the sort of people you dream of as a society being foster parents. But now the state of Massachusetts, like several others, is forcing them to either sign an agreement that they will and I quote support, respect and affirm the foster child well sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression. This lgbt q I A plus non discrimination policy requires them to go along with that or they can no longer foster children. And this couple are devout Christians, say, essentially, I'm paraphrasing them, say, yeah, that particular brand of adolescent confusion and struggle with mental illness. I need to sign a form that says I have to affirm that and encourage it not doing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have to be Christian to come to that. That's just a common sense approach. That is about as awful a thing as I'm going to hear today, because, like you said, the kind of couple that decides that's what they're going to do with their lives. Wow, they you know, they could be saints. Yeah, oh yeah, taking that on that is absolutely amazing for the state to then jump in with their ideological craziness.
Speaker 1: For a couple of people like that. Oh I know.
Speaker 3: And these these Skurns, like so many foster parents, are absolutely dedicated to loving and helping and raising the child until perhaps the family can be reunited. They are among the best people. Again, they're being forced to co sign a particular mental.
Speaker 1: Illness, which is that's what it is.
Speaker 3: Anyway, moving along, they're fighting back, by the way, They've got some great legal defense and they, like several other couples around the country, are fighting back. And good for them, and I hope they do well. And if you need a few bucks, let me know. So here's the JK.
Speaker 1: Rowling thing.
Speaker 3: And I became aware of this I came across a column in the New York Post.
Speaker 1: She is the author of all the Harry Potter books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I thought everybody knows that, but it doesn't cost anything to point it out. Indeed, and she is actual gazillionaire and an absolutely brilliant and decent persons. So this is written by Brenda O'Neil in the Post, and it points out that JK. Rowling has and this is an overused phrase, but in this case, it's appropriate broken her silence on Emma Watson, the actress who played.
Speaker 1: Little Hermione Granger.
Speaker 3: He said, it is one of the truest and most cutting takedowns of blissful ignorance of mondied moral posers I have ever read. Watson is the actress who gained fame and riches from playing Hermione in the Harry Potter films of late she has become a one woman foghorn of luxuriant moralism that passes for virtue in celebrity circles. She fell in with a Black Lives Matter contagion, ostentatiously confessing that she had benefited from white supremacy, and she thinks Israel is committing genocide and Gaza blah blah bah. She's again a one woman foghorn of luxuriant moralism. So I had to go to the source material, obviously, because he describes what JK wrote, and I found it. She posted it to Twitter, and you know, I'll go ahead and do the read her caveats because it helps to show you what kind of person she is. She said, I'm seeing quite a bit of comment about this, so I want to make a couple of points.
Speaker 1: This is JK. Rowling.
Speaker 3: I'm not owed eternal agreement from any actor who once played a character I created. The idea is as ludicrous to me as me checking with the boss I had when I was twenty one for what opinions I should hold these days. Emma Watson and her co stars have every right to embrace gender identity ideology. Such beliefs are legally protected, and I wouldn't want to see any of them threatened with loss of work or violence or death because of them. Worth noting, Jakay has had tons of horrific, vile threats and slanders against her in recent days.
Speaker 2: And she's lucky she can afford the private security that I'm sure she needs.
Speaker 3: Right However, Emma and Dan Daniel Radcliffe Harry Potter in particular, both made it clear over the last few years that they think our former professional association gives them a particular rite, nay obligation to critique me in my views in public. Years after they finished acting in Potter, they continue to assume the role of de facto spokespeople for the world I created. When you've known people since they were ten years old, it's hard not it's hard to shake a certain protectiveness. Until quite recently, I hadn't managed to throw off the memory of children who needed to be gently coaxed through their dialogue in a big scary film studio. For the past few years, I've repeatedly declined invitations from journalists to comment on Emma, specifically, most notably on The Witch Trials of JK Rowling, a fantastic documentary. Ironically, I told the producers that I did not want her to be hounded as the result of anything I said, so she just hasn't commented on those people. The television presenter in the attached clip, which you know I should ask for, the audio highlights Emma's all Witches speech, and in truth that was a turning point for me, as Emma has unloaded on JK publicly, but it had a PostScript that hurt far more than the speech itself. Emma asked someone to pass on a handwritten note from her to me, which contained the single sentence quote, I'm so sorry for what you're going through. She has my phone number. By the way, This was back when the death, rape, and torture threats against me were at their peak, at a time when my personal security measures had to be tightened considerably, and I was constantly worried for my family's safety. Emma had just publicly poured more petrol on the flames, yet thought a one line expression of concern from her would reassure me of her fundamental sympathy and kindness.
Speaker 1: Like other people who've.
Speaker 3: Never experienced adult life on cushioned by wealth and fame, Emma has so little experience of real life she's ignorant of how ignorant she is. She'll never need a homeless shelter. She's never going to be placed on a mixed sex public hospital ward. I'd be astounded if she's been in a high street changing room since childhood. Her public bathroom is single occupancy and comes with a security man standing guard outside the door. Has she had to strip off in a newly mixed sex changing room at a council run swimming pool that's a government swimming pool. Is she ever likely to need a state run rape crisis center that refuses to guarantee an all female service to find herself sharing a prison cell with a male rapist who's identified into the women's prison. I wasn't made a multi millionaire at fourteen. I lived in poverty while writing the book that made Emma famous. I therefore understand from my own life experience what the trashing of women's rights in which Emma has so enthusiastically participated means to women and girls without their privileges. The greatest irony here is that, had Emma not decided in her most recent interview to declare that she loves and treasures me a change of tack. I suspect she's adopted because she's noticed full throated condemnation of me is no longer quite as fashionable as it was. I might never have been this honest one more little bit. Adults can't expect a cozy up to an activist movement that regularly calls for a friend's assassination, then assert their right to the former friend's love as though the friend was in fact their mother. Emma is right to freely disagree with me, and indeed to discuss her feelings about me in public. But I have the same right, and I've finally decided to exercise it.
Speaker 2: It's interesting she decided to stick her neck out like this.
Speaker 1: JK. Rowlings. Good for her, I mean, she had pretty pretty cushy life going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you know she had the opposite of a cushy life for like all of her formative years and a good chunk of her adulthood, And like any decent moral person who understands the difference between the protected class and the unprotected class, the rich and siloed and protected the luxury beliefs people talk about, Emma Watson can spout whatever belief she wants about gender benning madness because she's never going to be confronted with a six foot four inch fully intact mail in her locker room like the poor girls who swam it pen for instance. It's a luxury belief for her, and JK has finally called her on it.
Speaker 1: Well, and JK.
Speaker 2: Rowlings is also absolutely right about the tide has turned in the days of Clearly JK. Rowlings is the bad person and anybody who speaks out against her as a hero.
Speaker 1: That's over. Is over in Europe before it became over here.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's back to the whole preference distortion or preference falsification, preference cascade. The eighty five percent of us who think the gender bending madness is actually madness, it's mental illness. You don't change your sex by declaring, Now I'm a girl. That's as idiotic and crazy as it seems as it sounds now that everybody is saying, Yeah, that struck me as lunacy from the moment I heard it. Yeah, it's not quite so fashionable to kick JK. Rowling anymore anyway.
Speaker 1: Good for her.
Speaker 3: It's a gender bending madness up date Harry Potter Edition sing sow zoom?
Speaker 1: Do not have a isn't there an ending? You're busy? Sorry, I got something else to do.
Speaker 3: I apologize if I'm bothering you in your personal life.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm meaner than Emma Watson. There it is. That's the China cabinet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wait a minute, that was the you're right, Jack, I'm back to being mean to Michael. What's the matter with you? Do we have to tip you to get you to pay what?
Speaker 1: I don't? I don't. I don't understand what's happening here. That was the ending of the China Cabinet. He's still looking for it. It is for both of them.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, it's it's as his face, the fake girl, right, that guy.
Speaker 1: So on so well till you ruined it? Oh me? And again I am so no I'm sorry, Michael.
Speaker 2: On Harold Potter. For whatever reason, we never got to the end in my household. And uh, I always assumed that Harry and Hermione were going to end up together, but that's not what happened.
Speaker 1: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert. Uh uh yes, yeah, and Harry ends up with Ron's sister, who's Acutie.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, Jenny, yeah. Uh.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Yeah, I'd encourage you to watch Slash read the end because part of the genius of JK. Rowling and the Harry Potter series, and you know, I lived through this with my kids and I enjoyed the books and movies myself, was that as the characters aged, the themes became more mature and complex and and the symbolism more important. And by the end of it, they were on the cusp of adulthood, dealing with very adult things and themes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it for kids my kid's age.
Speaker 2: If your kids were the books and then the movies came out long after the books, well not long, but years after the books, and everybody's really looking forward to them.
Speaker 1: You know, my kids the movies were there right.
Speaker 2: Away and they saw them and it just kind of took the magic out of the books.
Speaker 1: I think I could see that, Yeah, which is unfortunate. I should have.
Speaker 2: Hid the movies from them. You know, here's why you read books. A lot of reasons, those books in particular. But there are many, many, many examples of this.
Speaker 3: If you were to actually bring all of one of those books to film, it would be seventeen hours long, probably the movies, but the book is consistently compelling and engaging all of those hours.
Speaker 1: They are good and just such.
Speaker 2: You know, letting your imagination run wild with all that stuff is so fantastic as opposed to you haven't been to the Harry Potter thing at Universal.
Speaker 1: I'm sure because you're an adult. It's pretty impressive. Oh, I'd like to I'd like to go. It is pretty impressive.
Speaker 2: Okay, we got a lot more in the waist here.
Speaker 1: So apparently this has become a mockable meme.
Speaker 2: This is Senator Ted Cruz of Texas said this by mistake.
Speaker 4: Senator Booker also said we should have bipartisan agreement. I think that's a great idea. We should have bipartisan agreement. How about we all come together and say, let's stop murders. How about we all come together and say let's stop rape.
Speaker 1: How about we.
Speaker 4: All come together and say let's stop attacking pedophiles.
Speaker 2: I doubt that he meant that last one. I don't know what he meant, but so anyway, let's stop attacking pedophiles.
Speaker 1: It's no, and then we killed Social Secure.
Speaker 2: Two things for you here. First of all, you weren't here. You were You had abandoned the show during its time of need. And I believe we're playing golf. And over a two day period, I talked to friend of the show, Tim Sanderfer and Craig Gotwalls and I had a discussion about AI with both of them and just asked them their opinion on is AI going to wipe out jobs and we're going to have to come up with some sort of guaranteed basic income or something like that there's be nothing to do, or do you think, like technologies of the past, it will create more and different jobs. I lean toward the former rather the latter on AI, even though history shows it to be the other way. Both Tim and Craig were big believers that no, it's just going to be like every other technological advancement that ever came along. It's going to create a whole bunch of new different jobs that you can't even imagine yet, and we'll be just fine.
Speaker 1: I hope they're right.
Speaker 2: I don't know if I believe that, but maybe we have the first inkling of that. Just read a long substack piece about the world of radiology in at least at the beginning, it looks like there's more demand for radiologists than there's ever ben with AI's ability to read all this stuff super duper fast, and then they need more radiologists. Most of a radiologist's job is dealing with the patients and then the stuff that comes after you read the chart. Reading the chart is a tiny percentage of the job, and now that gets done really fast by AI, and you need radiologists to do all the other part of being a radiologist. So, and this was one of the main examples people were holding up. In fact, one of your AI geniuses, one of the grandfathers of AI, said a year or two ago, if I was in radiology school, I would drop out and learn to do something else because that job is going away. And it seems that that is not happening at all. So maybe this is the first test case of that whole premise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm surprised by that.
Speaker 3: I don't know what a radiologist would do after the chart has been read, but maybe I'll read that.
Speaker 2: I didn't read the nineteen million word essay on it, which is the problem with anything substack, because there are no editors or limits on paper.
Speaker 1: That everything is just way too long.
Speaker 3: Everything has infinite space for your ideas. So let's get started.
Speaker 2: No, sure, every article is the length of a book. We did come up with some new pete Hegseat stuff that you haven't heard yet. I want to play that for you, among other things.
Speaker 1: This thanks time Armstrong and Geeddy.
Speaker 5: This Wendy's is adding chicken tenders to their menu and they're calling them Wendy's Tend's. So far they haven't sold any because nobody wants to say Wendy's tenders.
Speaker 2: I would agree, I am not saying that as an adult male. I'd like a six pack of Wendy's ten d's.
Speaker 1: And I need to remember to change my und one piece.
Speaker 2: This first round of the playoffs in baseball, they're three game series, so all the teams that won last night they could end it tonight.
Speaker 1: It's all yeah, it goes fast. I love it. Yep. I gotta watch some baseball tonight.
Speaker 3: So executive producer Hanson, who is constantly seeking gundermine me, has undermined me by sending an important and timely.
Speaker 1: Piece of news.
Speaker 3: I was already to talk, you know, briefly about the Israel Hamas situation, which excuse me. You know, I had that upper respiratory thing. What was that six weeks ago? That stupid nagging cough is just hanging out.
Speaker 1: Did you get the whooping cough? No?
Speaker 3: No, there's no whooping. Okay, I don't think what was that sick? It's just annoying anyway, Ah, have a cough.
Speaker 1: That's what happens when you get the whooping cough. No, that's inaccurate.
Speaker 3: So what we were going to talk about was the fact that Hamas has indicated is opening to it's open to accepting Trump's peace plan. Read some really great analysis, Oh but Hamas has some concerns about some of the terms, And then read some great analysis about how the problem is the lack of time tables and how Hamas will string the long cheat as much as possible and really seek to reconstitute its forces and make it As if there was no agreement. The cold realistic, optimistic view is the countermeasures to that, including the involvement of the Arab countries in the region and the reorganization of Gaza and the new prosperity and everything. It'll render the ground unfertile for Homasthas that you know, the sync roots never grow again. That's the optimistic, coldly realistic. You know, here'd be my tip to if you're in Hamas. If you don't accept this deal, Israel is going to kill every last one of you.
Speaker 1: Now that's a term.
Speaker 3: And then finally I mentioned this earlier in the show, great piece by Emit Siegel, who is a commentator in Israel, pointing out that the reason all the Arab countries came around was that Israel had said, all right, we're gonna get these guys, even if they're in your living room friends, including Cutter, and that that Net and Yahoo apology was a measure so the Kataris could save face because they, like the Iranians and several other countries around the Middle East, had realized, Okay, Israel's going to come after the people were harboring in our giant cush oil rich cities and we don't want that.
Speaker 1: So hey, Hummas agreed to peace. We're through with you. That's really interesting. So it worked, you know. So it wasn't in spite of the attack. It was because of it.
Speaker 2: They got all the condemnation from the world and the President Trump allegedly screamed at Netanyahu on the phone afterwards, what'd you do?
Speaker 1: Why'd you do?
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Seems to have been a key to making this whole piece plan come together.
Speaker 3: Well, it wouldn't be a shock if Benjamin Netanyahu knows how to deal with these Middle Eastern types a little better than Trump does at this point. But anyway, so it was because the Qataris are afraid that they've come to the table in a serious way. Now here's the timely and important undermining that Hanson has attempted to inflict upon me. This is the headline from the Times of Israel. A senior Hamas official tells the BBC that the Terror group will likely reject Trump's plan to end the war in Gaza, telling the British network that it serves Israel's interests and ignores those of the Palestinian people.
Speaker 1: That is a quote.
Speaker 3: The official added that Hamas opposes several key provisions of the plan. Those include the call for the group to disarm the entry is so called international stabilization forces, and the requirement that it released all forty eight hostages it's holding within seventy two hours after the agreement is adopted. Again, they have mentioned that some of these hostages are held by groups that were loosely affiliated with and we don't know where they are and where the hostages are, so you can't hold us to that.
Speaker 1: Sure, What do you think happens now?
Speaker 3: This recent Saudi report also indicated Hamas's skepticism towards the plan.
Speaker 1: Well, I'd like to know what their plan is. What's your plan?
Speaker 2: Hamas, Israel's going in and Trump said, do what you gotta do, you have our backing.
Speaker 1: What's your plan?
Speaker 3: Their plan has got to be to fight the Israelis in the rubble and kill as many as possible until Israel becomes discouraged, to show as many injured civilians, whether real or concocted, as possible, to bring more condemnation down on Israel, and play the long game. I really thought they, as a leopard that will never change its spots, were going to pretend to accept the deal, then seek to undermine it at every opportunity for as long as they could. But maybe they're going with the dead end strategy. All right, they can fight their way out of the dead end.
Speaker 2: It'll be interesting to see what world opinion is on what Israel has to do having given them this offer that was approved by people seem to like it on NPR and MSNBC and freaking Tom Friedman of The New York Times even that said it was a deal Homas should take.
Speaker 1: So if they don't.
Speaker 3: Don't know, Yeah, unrest in the Middle East the headline when I was two twenty forty sixty, and if I lived to one hundred and thirty five probably be the headline.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: So I was wanting these Pete Hegsath clips that I had heard somewhere else and we hadn't had on our show before.
Speaker 3: To play for you, because I think we want to break on time for once in our lives and bring those later. Oh, I have an important question for Katie, especially afterward from our friend's aid webrute.
Speaker 1: Did you hear about the trans Union breach? Four million people breached? Again?
Speaker 3: It's like the headlines are on repeat. You think, is that the one that happened. No, it's a new one. That's why webroot Total Protection is so important. It's all in one defense, identity protection, antivirus, VPN, cloud backups.
Speaker 1: Covers up to ten identities.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you get your identity stolen, you're looking at hundreds of hours of cleanup, just all kinds of mess. Webroot makes recovery fast and manageable, twenty four to seven, support one million dollars in fraud expense reimbursement.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a lot of help. Yeah.
Speaker 3: In the unlikely event that your identity does get stolen, they take care of you in every other way.
Speaker 1: Every way.
Speaker 3: Webroot monitors the dark web, protects your devices, keeps your dad out of the wrong hands, like having a digital bodyguard.
Speaker 1: And it's fast.
Speaker 3: It scans six times quicker than the competitors, uses way less space, installs in minutes, no annoying pop ups.
Speaker 1: Either, that sounds great.
Speaker 3: Get fifty percent off webroot Total Protection or webroot Essentials at webroot dot com slash armstrong. That's webroot dot com slash armstrong. Use our code please one more time. Webrute dot com slash Armstrong, Were you.
Speaker 2: Gonna ask Katie about how her dad used to dress dead people, which we just.
Speaker 1: Found out the other day. How'd you kept that a secret from us all this time?
Speaker 2: We've talked to your dad, the retired judge, so many times, and it never came up that he used to dress corpses.
Speaker 1: It didn't. The corpse conversation never came up.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Ah, Man, I'd work it in if I had that in my past, I'd find a way to work it into any conversation.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, nice shirt, Jim.
Speaker 3: By the way, And I ever mentioned that I used to put shirts on the dead, Yeah, it would.
Speaker 1: Come up a lot in my world.
Speaker 3: Yeah, missed a lust an a judge and had, you know, decades of fascinating experiences.
Speaker 1: So maybe he just didn't think of the stiffs. Would he put funny costumes on them? Or is it just regular clothes for God's sake?
Speaker 6: Pretty sure, just regular clothes. But if they requested funny costumes, I'm sure he would have done it.
Speaker 1: I feel like the socks would be the biggest challenge that, oh is a big part of it. I'll wait to tell I'll let him tell you, guys. The story.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just pictured like he did what you'd have to, like straddle their leg and lift it up in the air to try to get that sock on it.
Speaker 3: Okay, speaking of grooming and that sort of thing, I have a reasonably reasonable vocabulary in spite of that sentence, but I realized I don't. Yeah, I know four whole words. One of them is reasonable. I realized I don't know the word for something. First of all, anybody who's like a bar of soap and your hands showering person, Jack, are you what do you use in the shower?
Speaker 1: You like a bar soap guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I like a bar soap, Michael, bar soap.
Speaker 6: Guy, bar soap.
Speaker 3: I used to be until my wife insists that I stop. I am now a the lick cleanser thing. It's not a loofah, that's my question. What is the fluffy thing called that.
Speaker 1: You put to loofy there? Nancy?
Speaker 3: It is a loofah, the fuzzy like ball thing. Joe usest loof of Shut up you. I always thought a loof of was was like a.
Speaker 1: More abrasive thing. All right.
Speaker 3: That's funny because Judy and I have always just called them poofs shower poofs, and I realized I didn't know what they were actually called, because mine unraveled the other day and I was going to text her and say, hey, do we have any more shower poofs?
Speaker 1: And I thought, there's gotta be a name for this. That's not a poof a shower pof a loofa. I was close, Nancy, why I oughta Wait, when.
Speaker 6: You say a bar of soap, you guys just put bar of soap to skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's the way like wash themselves.
Speaker 3: It just leaves like soap scum in the shower. All right, my sweet bride insisted, I go with makes you gay? Whoa wow?
Speaker 1: Wow? See that just that wasn't even funny, that was just wow. That was just bashing. I do not hate speech.
Speaker 2: I do not know a lot of dudes that steing isn't free speech. There they either Nazi or would admit to using a loufa.
Speaker 6: So I have to tell you that there is such thing as an African loofa, And it's the same material as a lufa.
Speaker 1: It is just a flat piece of.
Speaker 6: Lufa and you can ring it out picturing it dries much easier.
Speaker 2: Is there an advantage to the lufa for your body exfoliation, deadskin.
Speaker 1: It gets the dirt off you. Uh uh. Don't confuse a lufa with a falaffel, similar name, totally different.
Speaker 2: Now, if you have a falaffel in the shower, right or a loofa for lunch, it's gonna both are bad, right, all right?
Speaker 1: Anyway, Pete eggsays you say, yeah, you got a couple of new peaked eggs clips for you and other stuff. Stay here, I'm using a lot of soap.
Speaker 3: Stop the presses. Stop the press is, ladies and gentlemen. We have an important correction. I have heard from a dermatologist, Jack Katie. I can never remember. Are you two dermatologists or are you absolutely not dermatologists? A dermatologist has informed me you are correct. It's a puff. Poof is the regional pronunciation. Change it every three months. Don't wait for it to un rafle a. Loofa is a natural sponge. They grow more bacteria by the way, puff nylon lufa natural fiber sponge. I think.
Speaker 2: I think most people use the term loofah for synthetic things they buy, but it's not accurate.
Speaker 3: Most people like socialism. Most people want to be supported by the government.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. What's important is accuracy.
Speaker 6: Ask your dermatologist friend what a lufah puff is then, because that's what I'm saying, Come up, is it the same?
Speaker 1: It's not a highly unnatural hybrid.
Speaker 2: I notice when I'm in hotels now, it's almost exclusively the pump things in the shower. Yeah, and I just never quite feel the same level of clean with those for some reason. I don't know if that's just in my mind.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I hate it when I see those, because anybody can be doing anything to the insides of those bottles.
Speaker 1: I like the individual. Oh, collegie, that's a terrible thing to think about.
Speaker 3: I'd never everybody's mind is worrying and everybody's trying to stop their minds.
Speaker 2: I'd never thought about it before, but now I always will, so thanks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, most of them you need a special tool, I think to open. But I have a feeling that special tool is available at what's that store called, Oh, the Internet.
Speaker 1: That's so gross.
Speaker 2: I'd never even thought of it, and I'll never be able to not think about it.
Speaker 1: Bring your own, yeah, I like bringing my own stuff. Tough to please, huh. I travel light.
Speaker 2: All right, so Pete Heggs has said a whole bunch of stuff yesterday in front of the fat generals and the fat admirals about them being fat. We hadn't played this one yet.
Speaker 7: The Secretary also detailing big changes to complaints with in the ranks. Sexual harassment and racism are still illegal, he says, but claims about bullying, hazing it, or toxic leadership will be redefined.
Speaker 8: No more frivolous complaints, no more anonymous complaints, no more repeat complainants, no more smearing reputations, no more endless waiting, no more legal limbo, no more sidetracking careers, no more walking on eggshells.
Speaker 1: See.
Speaker 2: I think that is really interesting because we have that in the modern workplace right where people are just so scared to say anything to anyone, and that's made us all less friendly and we have worse relationships at work than we've ever had and everything like that before. How less effective, I would argue, And probably yeah, almost certainly, How do you how do you go back to a time where we weren't walking on eggshells without I don't know, ending up a situation where you're covering up bad things that probably should come to the light today.
Speaker 1: It's tough to strike that balance.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I think what Hegseeth is saying is that we went.
Speaker 1: Too far the other one.
Speaker 3: I'm sure we did to the point that it really affected our war fighting readiness, and we're going back in the other direction. Will that result in some unfortunate stuff? Almost certainly, yeah, because there were human beings. We're not good at perfection. But we've got to air to the war fighting side as opposed to the nobody gets their feathers ruffled side.
Speaker 2: I think it was one of the newspapers I was reading, Washington Post, New York Times, one of those. But reminding us all, maybe Pete Hegseeth has forgotten the nineties' Tailhook Navy scandal, which was all about sexual harassment and that sort of stuff. Okay, well, you know you don't want that, but you also don't want people. You don't want a situation where somebody can make, as Pete said, an anonymous call to a hotline and change somebody's complete career.
Speaker 3: Path right right, which you know, brings us back to the fact that a for a long time now, so called microaggressions or imagined defenses were treated as if they were, you know, a violent sexual assault.
Speaker 1: They were treated with that seriousness.
Speaker 3: A reminder please read James Lindsey's Famine Helm Pluck Roses brilliant cynical theories. That is a tool of takeover of an institution. If I can ruin your career by merely dropping a little note to the command and I can make up what you did, that's never been considered an offense in the history of mankind.
Speaker 1: But now it is all of a sudden.
Speaker 3: I own you, I control you, I control this institution. The microaggressions thing at its genesis was not overly sensitive people.
Speaker 1: It's a deliberate tool of takeover. And you gotta get rid of that.
Speaker 2: Play that other peak clip just for fun. We'll get that on and then we'll be done with that conversation.
Speaker 8: Those physical standards must be high and gender neutral.
Speaker 1: If women can make it excellent. If not, it is what it is.
Speaker 8: If that means no women qualify for some combat jobs, so be it.
Speaker 2: That's the clip that got people all fired up on your cable news channels.
Speaker 1: It is what it is. Oh, it is what it is.
Speaker 2: No women in combat, Yeah, if there aren't any that can cut it. I'm sure there are plenty that can, but there aren't going to be as many.
Speaker 1: Women in combat. And that's fine.
Speaker 3: If you think the standards are too high, make that case. But the idea that those people have one standard to save their lives and those are the people in their unit, and those people have different standards to save their own lives in the people of the ear unit because they're girls, that is absurd. And if you don't recognize that, I seriously don't know where to begin the conversation with you.
Speaker 1: So somebody posted somebody in government? Is that a Senator Turnbull? I know that name.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I think it's a Senator. Turnbull posted a picture of Ted Cruz in a not flattering shot.
Speaker 1: In he's not wearing his suit jacket.
Speaker 2: He's just in a shirt and pants, and he's sitting in an airport and he's very round.
Speaker 1: Man. I didn't realize he was that big.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I just got in a little porky, Oh my god, a little I'll send you this picture. Turnbull said, Senator Cruz strongly supports fitness standards for the military. Okay, So Charles C. W. A. Cooka The National Review posted that and said, very good point. If you, as a person who isn't in the military, aren't personally fit, then you can't argue that people in the military should be in military ship. Ah, how do we ever break out of these nonsense arguments?
Speaker 3: We need to develop like a scientific instrument that measures the stupidity in an argument. I mean, because that is truly a stupid argument. And then if you know, you can put it on the stupid scale and it says five. People say, oh, that's an extra stupid argument, and they don't fall for it.
Speaker 2: By the way, speaking to senators, more of the story of old gold Bar Menendez is out. Do you remember him. It's really entertaining from a scandal standpoint. We'll get to that now, UR five four. If you don't get it, get to the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty