Speaker 1: Welcome to We Talk Back Podcast, the production of iHeartRadio and The Black Effect Now.
Speaker 2: So we're just two unapologetically black women with an opinion who talks. What's up y'all? Thank you for tuning in for a new.
Speaker 3: Episode and We Talk Back the show dedicated to you dreamers and chasers. This is your co host aj Holiday. What's up, Tam Bam.
Speaker 2: You can never be too sure who we're gonna get in the beginning. Are we gonna get bitches and hoes, dreams and chasers? I think we should come up with something new for the new year. You know I agree that. Yeah, so let's do We'll come up with it anyway. It's Dan Bam, y'all. I love y'all, motherfucking as. I'm gonna keep telling y'all that in the mid year every year. How about your weekend?
Speaker 3: It was great. I did all these wonderful things from my bed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah. She sent me a video of her and her cat. Laid up. Girl like her cat ate her up in the video. I ain't even gonna lie. The cat was like staring into my eyes in the video. That's a beautiful cat.
Speaker 3: I really feel like I do have like the prettiest cat in the world.
Speaker 2: That cat is. Yeah, I'm not talking about her v joinny you guys, I've never seen that. I'm talking about her her cat dotcha meat. She is, man, but that cat.
Speaker 3: Cats are different, man Like, if you ain't never had a cat, you thought she was gonna get like a cat dog. The type situation like these is two different. This bitch is a bitch, man Like, when she don't feel like getting touched, she be acting real stink and I be real mad about that because I want cuddles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like not right now, nah, bitch.
Speaker 3: And but waking me up three o'clock in the morning to get rubbed up shit like that, Like she literally stand on my chest and just yeah, I love her. Man.
Speaker 2: It looks like your love. And that's excellent. That's how I get a cat.
Speaker 3: That's all I did. And I did do some writing, okay, y'all. I am trying to write at least an hour today. So for Black Friday, I bought some vitamins from Vitamin Shop. I got fifty percent off of my trading view app that I pay every year. I wait till Black Friday every year because that shit is five ninety nine five hundred and ninety nine dollars, so I buy it. You know, it does seventy percent off of Black Friday. And then another subscription I added was Final Draft. Uh, it's for like screenplay writing. Now I've committed because I've spent money. See that, Like I do shit when I got to pay for it. Okay, So yeah, I like a little tool on their that it asking me you first signed, like, you know, like the whole you're accountable. So I'm getting like dings like bitch, you ain't right yet today.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not the right time.
Speaker 2: Procrastinates, you know me.
Speaker 3: Because I saw a post that said, even if the do date is five years from now, I'm still doing that ship the night before.
Speaker 2: That's me. I don't know why I'm like this. You work better under pressure, that's all. That's how I like to view it.
Speaker 3: But I be stressed the fuck out, but it gets done and it'd be.
Speaker 2: Good, but it gets done better because you're stressed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how.
Speaker 2: That's how I rationalize it to make it okay.
Speaker 3: The bullshit. So those are some of the things I don't want to do in twenty twenty five. I need to stop I just need to do do what I say I'm gonna do.
Speaker 2: We're gonna get it. We're gonna have an episode on that for sure. What did I do this weekend? Oh? I did all the girlfriend things, you know. I'm like got a lot of friend circles that I belong to and all our I had two Christmas parties this weekend. One of them was a girls house, like we had gingerbread houses, but it's woodn't and we had to decorate and paint it and whoever did it the best won a gift, and of course I want. I did a cute little barn house and I put Santa's footprints on top of the house to me, and I put little lights on it, and it was just so cute. I had so much fun at that party. She had it curated so nice. She had like a rose at your seat with a little chalkboard with your name on it. It's so cute.
Speaker 3: That sounds nice and cute.
Speaker 2: It was super cute and we were drinking. It was very merry. Then the next night it was my other girls group. It was our fourteenth annual Girlfriend's Gift Exchange and we do the secret Sanna get a secret Santa give each other gifts, and we keep the amount low fifty dollars minimum. You know, that's the minute you can go. You can spend ten thousand if.
Speaker 3: You want, but I think giving ermaz bags.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, we keep it cute. It'd be between fifty and one hundred dollars they spent. We spend on each other. A lot of them have kids. They can't afford to be like, you know, going crazy for their friends when they got children, to buy four and stuff like that. So we keep it cute and not go too crazy. And we did the Old Lady Gang this year, and they had a decorated cute like they had like we all dressed as old bitches, gray wigs, canes. I mean, it was so much fun. And they had like urine sample shots. They had like uh the needle like a shot, yes, syringe, it was a shot. They had chill peel like the medicine bottle and it had candy in it and they had your name on it and your birthday.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They also had like atry seat and let you know where you were sitting. They took pictures off our social media and aged us. So it's like this old lass lady with my face. It's supposed to be me as a granny.
Speaker 3: I was like, that ain't me.
Speaker 2: That ain't how I'm a look.
Speaker 3: But that's how you sound as Helen. It ain't me.
Speaker 2: That's how I learn. Y'all heard that. I know y'all heard it.
Speaker 3: Whatever the old last lady came out of there, that ain't how I look.
Speaker 2: So it's Helen. That was fun and that was my weekend for real. Oh and I have not told anyone of this, but I guess I'll share it here right now. I I auditioned for an acting academy in New York and I got here. Oh shit, No, So I started February fourth in New York.
Speaker 3: You'll know I'll be all over.
Speaker 2: Doing anything. Yeah, I'm going to action school starting February fourth in New York City on Broadway.
Speaker 3: I hear that girl so lately I've been trying to you know, so in South Carolina, you don't have to have any certification for apparentegal cause I'm like, damn it, I'm not gonna be a little lawyer tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Maybe I can do that, do it.
Speaker 3: So I actually have a paralegal interview coming up.
Speaker 2: Excellent, excellent, man, I like, we're going into our second life. You know, we've done the first one, and this is our second lifetime. In this lifetime, yep, you know.
Speaker 3: So maybe at some point I might have to move to a damn state where I can legally get a California did cha. I'm not going back to school, fuck y'all. I'm not doing it. But I need to do some kimk shit because I definitely I just feel like there's a lot of hidden things that you don't know until you get to these other levels. Not there's okay, I know a lot of hidden things, right, but then there's still things that you don't know and understand till you actually experience them.
Speaker 2: So I feel like there's.
Speaker 3: Some some secret stuff I want to learn. Legal, of course, of course, so maybe I could be your entertainment lawyer. Bitch yep, I will let you do all the contract you know.
Speaker 2: I hate that shit. Let's get in the scene.
Speaker 3: The people is coming for gas. And when I say the people, so this attorney what is his name, big booty hole?
Speaker 2: What's his name?
Speaker 3: Tom Busby?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: Uh he actually put up I think he wasn't he the same attorney that Tony Buzzby. Excuse me, wasn't he the same attorney that put up like the hotline for people to call in who were allegedly violated by Diddy or jay Z?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. I didn't, I wasn't. I wasn't.
Speaker 3: Pretty sure is this guy? I'm pretty sure? So imagine what type of crazies came through the hotline, right, Not to discredit anybody who actually had some crazy ass experiences at any point in their lives with these people, because I mean, we don't know, right, but I think when you open some shit up like that to the public, you will have.
Speaker 2: Yes just calling in trying to see how they can get a piece of the pie.
Speaker 3: So you then discredit the people who actually have suffered, yes, and then also like y'all not coming from no criminal well, judity is in jail, right, So this is for more recent things. But the thing that they're that Diddy is being sued for the civil lawsuit of this thirteen year old girl that came out a couple months ago. They have now edited that and added jay Z to it. The same Yeah, So what they're saying is what the Tony Buzzby is saying, is that they tried to do a mediation with jay Z. They reached out to him and his lawyers and wanted to do a mediation. They weren't asking for any money. What what the fuck y'all want mediation when there's a civil lawsuit? What else you want to talk about other than ways to make this go away?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So they send a demand letter saying, Hey, if you don't pay such and such or don't sit down and have this conversation with us, we're gonna go public with it. I guess jay Z said, fuck it, we'll public with it. And I think this may be the first time we saw an actual statement from an accuser, not accuser, excuse me, an actual statement from the person being accused jay Z. You know it wasn't from an attorney, so he put out a stationment.
Speaker 2: It just almost seems like a witch hunt, you know, like you know, I would. Jay Z is one of my favorites. Did he was too, So it's just very sad to see all of this take place. And I hope it's not true, but you never know. But I just hope this is definitely just another attemp to take down a black man and not true. He don't He's never appeared to be the type that like children, but who knows. You never know what's lying beneath the surface.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's do some math and let's just take a look at some historical events. So I think Diddy, I'm not Diddy. Jay Z is like what fifty five now, right, So they're a legend that this incident happened over two decades ago, in two thousand, right, So we're talking twenty five years ago. Jay Z and Diddy would have been like thirty at that time. This young girl was at Grammy's or a VMA party, like what you're doing there? A friend dropped her off and she called her dad to pick her up after the incident, like these are the things that are in the lawsuit. Why were you there? Right? Right? So sometimes we have to take accountability for the things. And this is not victim blaming, but you cannot put yourself in risky situations, right because it sounds like you ended up in somebody's hotel room, in a back room somewhere, and you know, let's not forget that shit.
Speaker 2: How old was Foxy Brown? Mm hmm? How old was Beyauncey? How old is Aliyah?
Speaker 3: So we're not gonna act like grown men don't be at little girls because both of us, right have been young girls looking older mm hmm unless you lie your age.
Speaker 2: I could definitely remember a lot of grown men trying to see what was up with me as a young.
Speaker 3: Girl, knowing your age and not knowing Yes, yes, mm hmm. Don't do it, bitch, because there's a lot of people out here that would be shamed.
Speaker 2: Okay, yes, I can remember. I'm not gonna tell this. No, telling here is terrible. I ain't gonna tell it.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Me neither. I'm just speechless on that. But you know, every dog has a day, so we'll see what happened with that.
Speaker 3: And you know, the adult, the adult is so the responsible party, yep, right, But you know it took you twenty five years to want to do this, to file these lawsuits and stuff like that, because now it's just a it just doesn't look credible right at the.
Speaker 2: Smith apart, that's the part. It just don't look credible at all. But I just feel like every man who has influence should probably be like holding his nuts tight right now, especially if he ever even did the smallest infraction of anything. Like that shit could come back to haunt you twenty five years later.
Speaker 3: And see, that's my thing though, you know when they say, oh, they're trying to take the black man down, right, why is there anything out there that could possibly incriminate you? Why? Why do why do those things exist? Because I do understand that, you know, they could create stuff, But we saw videos of Diddy's stumping Cassie like you, actually we did that in a public place, and if you didn't give a fuck about who saw it there, I can only imagine the things that you did to.
Speaker 2: Her and public in private, in private?
Speaker 3: Right, So why do they have these things on y'all in the first place? And if you want to say it's the powers that be, these niggas stop playing the game. They try to suit this one and then all of a sudden these charges come up.
Speaker 2: We know they do this to us.
Speaker 3: And this is why I still say, niggas don't want to knock all this shit over and start a new They just want close proximity to whiteness so they can do the dirty shit that them people do mm hm.
Speaker 2: And that's the problem.
Speaker 3: So before we could talk about any other community, we need to clean our porch.
Speaker 2: Better sweep around your own front door.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like we gotta clean our porch. Because that's the grand scale, right, Let's just talk about on the small micro level, like within families and how we know we got predators in these.
Speaker 2: Families, in our families, in our families.
Speaker 3: Did you see that freestyle from that little girl, the young girl rapping and she was talking about it's it's going viral right now because I know a little duval just posted it.
Speaker 2: I know I sent it to you.
Speaker 3: She had like blonde hair or something. But she was rapping about like how the families be protecting the demons while they violating the angels, like within the family and they get protected the women. The women protect these men.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: A lot of the times they.
Speaker 2: Know exactly who.
Speaker 3: We know exactly who these niggas be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do. That's the truth.
Speaker 3: Baby got a couple of dollars. People overlook a lot of things.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 3: But this is the age of the query's baby. Ain't nothing hidden, no more.
Speaker 2: Than everything everything. Yep.
Speaker 3: I just hope my fucking irs don't come after me.
Speaker 2: But I think you know it's it's unfortunately men like women. You you know, we going on through life. It's like, if I've become very successful and super rich and famous, I ain't did shit to nobody that's gonna come back to like haunt me in this way. And it's just like, how do you not be able to go through life without violating people? You know you can though, That's what I'm saying. Men, it just seems why they can, right, I don't know. I don't know. I don't know why that is.
Speaker 3: But I mean, we we're talking about like like Diddy for instance, Like he made a living off that, off the party life. That's how the songs were created. Right, Ain't no party like a Diddy party? Like that's what he's literally known for and he's being prosecuted for that now.
Speaker 2: Hmm. That's to be more careful. You gotta be careful, man.
Speaker 3: And also, just like Drake, Jake be having these bitch aside paperwork, so maybe you got to get some more NDA's out there. Yeah, before you violate them, get him to sign some paperwork that.
Speaker 2: They be violated, because some people like that kind of shit. Anyway. The shades are gray. An influencer drops nineteen K on the surgery to become an I put in heavy quotations. A virgin again what a doctor warns of the risks involved. So this girl renewed her v card so to speak, by having a nineteen thousand dollars vaginal rejuvenation operation basically to uh recorrect her hymen right to like make it a new.
Speaker 3: So I guess the next time after the surgery, whenever she has sex, she'll bleed again.
Speaker 2: Why I don't get it. That's so stupid. That's a waste of nineteen thousand dollars because.
Speaker 3: You're not mess somebody. Yeah, and then now it's like public, so now like it's not like you're about to get a husband, like, hey, you're getting a virgin and no, bitch, we know that you had ury to get that Gucci back, and are you going to get it tightened? Also like drivenation, Well she only twenty three, it should still be very.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah elastic. Oh yeah, twenty three, that's it's still super tight. Yeah, it depends.
Speaker 3: She might be a porn star and I had a lot of dick because why, like, what is the point.
Speaker 2: So you brush your teeth, does that mean you haven't you never had given hand? If you brush your teeth every day, it's starting over. I guess every day we live in a society, you get to decide what reality is every day. So she's a virgin again? Who am I to told her she's not at this point?
Speaker 3: And I wonder when she planned on having sex again. I wonder when she planned on busting and wide open again. I don't remember ever having that though. I don't remember ever like bleeding bleeding me neither, because I feel like there's other ways outside of sex to.
Speaker 2: Because we were like and all that stuff, But I still don't remember it bleeding from that, you know, So I don't know. I don't know, y'all. I'm no pride to you with your new pussy. Yeah, congratulations.
Speaker 3: So would you go to a church that has like an AI Jesus?
Speaker 2: Excuse me? Say come again? Say what? So?
Speaker 3: Look this church, says church has an AI Jesus for confessions. It gave me so much advice. One user says, so is this the messiah they put ai? Aya says, just in case, artificial intelligence hasn't been taken over taking on enough jobs lately. Now it's replacing the almighty. A church in Switzerland is now using an AI hologram of Jesus. I wonder what color they got him to take confessions A hologram Jesus wife to take confessions from athletic worshippers, as seen in a wild viral video, and one user says, I was surprised it was so easy, and though it's a machine, it gave me so much advice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check GPT do that shit too. Yeah, That's what I'm saying. Is yet GPT Jesus right?
Speaker 3: So yeah, so they got like the image. There's a video out there, y'all. This is on n y Post. Also, it says before entering robo Jesus cautions do not disclose personal information under any circumstances this service. Oh, use the service at your own Oh. I cannot fucking read. What is happening?
Speaker 2: Girls acting like.
Speaker 3: The whole time we've been doing this shit, they resided really well.
Speaker 2: You always be like, what is happening? No, But I feel like some days it's worse though.
Speaker 3: It's like I be It's not that.
Speaker 4: I'm not seeing ahead of the coming out of your mouth.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's what it is like. Maybe what is it called dyslexic?
Speaker 2: A little bit? I don't know. Oh, I can't say.
Speaker 3: Your hand bitch, and we got a new administration. We could say all the bad words now, Okay, that's.
Speaker 2: Fucked up, Okay, it says.
Speaker 3: The futuristic Shrine features a confessional booth with a screen displaying the face of Jesus and Who's I just want to know, like who determined? Like the face of Jesus through the great Before entering robo, Jesus cautions, do not disclose personal information under any circumstances. Use this service at your own risk. Press the button if you accept.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you.
Speaker 3: Can go there and tell this Jesus all the things, okay, and he's going to keep all your sins and secrets.
Speaker 2: I would go in there and tell him all kind of shit they wouldn't true, just to see what Jesus is gonna say.
Speaker 3: Jesus is supposed to say, like you're forgiven every time?
Speaker 2: Right, I don't know what a Jesus is gonna say. I kill somebody and see what happened, and see if AI Jesus called the police on me, because Alex will.
Speaker 3: If you tell the police Alexa done her a bitch, getting her ass whooped and called the police before.
Speaker 2: Well that's good on Alexa, because yes, we need some more support out here. Good. Yeah, that's wold and the earth is in shambles at this point, zero stars.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe God will come look at me like that.
Speaker 2: Y'all ought to be shamed with y'allself with that one. He don't even look like me. And I ain't coming back there, y'all ghetto.
Speaker 3: Y'all be looking for me, and I ain't never coming back.
Speaker 2: Talking about I'm coming back. I'm not coming back there. Y'all show out too bad. Hmm. So we heard that.
Speaker 3: The gen Zers are having problems finding and keeping like real life friends, and I don't feel like that's just exclusive to their group, because I feel like we might have went through the same type of shit, or we still have grown people who be out here putting on the internet how they don't got no friends.
Speaker 2: And no friends, Like I just see a lot of young girls, especially in the hair salon, and like my kids, my friends kids and stuff like that, Like they say I don't have no friends, and it's so often I hear that, and I just think that's the strangest thing. And I think it's important. It's so important for us to have friends. I couldn't imagine my life without friends neither. It's weird. It's very weird, and it's sad. So I wanted to have a conversation about it, and you know, get our gen Z listeners and some grown women too, you know, to help them find friendships and find your tribe you need now more than ever. Yep, we'll be right back.
Speaker 3: So you know, personally, I have never had problems making or keeping friends. Now I have lost some friends over the years, and I think that the more fucking friends you lose it gets easier. But I do mourn the loss of those friendships still, right but because.
Speaker 2: Question death, especially with someone that you know you loved, you know what, it's almost like someone died. There are relationships right now that I like. Some of my closest friends in life I'm not even talking to and I'm too stubborn to reach out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm never I don't really, I don't have ego when it comes to people I love. But now you just be straight disrespecting me, like I'm gonna have to cut your ass off. I have a lot of tolerance for bullshit. It's a lot like I as long as I know who you are, I'm gonna deal with it so we can continue on. But when the shit get a little bit too hectic, I gotta get out of there.
Speaker 2: I just be feeling like I be working too hard to make relationships work, and now I just at a place where I just I'm okay with my circle being smaller and more quality, you know, I don't have to have because I have like a ton of friends, you know. So now I've over my life, I've had like more friends than the average beer right. But that's because one I'm coolest fuck, and two that because the environment that I work in is just always women, you know. So I always make relationships with women. But everybody ain't your friend, you know. So sometimes at this age, I'm okay with letting a couple of them going with their life, you know.
Speaker 3: And see, maybe that's what the younger generation is recognizing that though we know these people and we might even congregate with them, sometimes are they really our friends. It's like the hood Healer on Instagram put up a post earlier and was like, listen the zodiac of your most dependable and then list the zodiac that you get into it with the most, and really like it's the same fucking people like I can say cancer is dependable, but also I get into it with a motherfucking cancer, like it's.
Speaker 2: The same person.
Speaker 3: But I just feel like maybe the younger generation is just like, oh, we're just associates. Maybe they don't really like.
Speaker 2: But I'm but not even that, because I will hear young girls say I'm like, why then you don't go out sometime? I don't have nobody to go out with, Like they don't even have bitches to hang out with, like and now I would in my day, I would say, this ain't my friend. We just go out, you know, we cool and we go out, but I don't call her to cry on her shoulder. You know, did you have relationships with like girls that you would just put your part friends when you know in the twenties.
Speaker 3: I feel like in my twenties, I like people with I had like people here and there that I would go out with, But it's not like somebody I talked to on a daily basis, Like maybe we were like trying to see if we would be friends type thing. Like like when I moved to Atlanta and you meet people, you know what I'm saying, So you kind of like leaning through people, y'all? Might hang out a couple of times, but they're not really my friends. I didn't have. I've never had any women that I actually hang out with consistently and not consider them my friend.
Speaker 2: I would, Yeah, that's fair, I did. I knew I would have women that we would go out, but that would be our relationship, that we part of the relationship. Yeah, we party, but I'm not me and her not going to church together. You know we're not. I'm not telling you when somebody died in my family. I'm not calling you for that. You know you're not that friend, but you're still a friend. You're my party friend. We get in the clubs for you together.
Speaker 3: You know these levels to this ship. It's levels to friendships. But to be a young person and just not have no Yeah, as women, women, that's the one thing we have on men, right, men. I don't think men really cultivate like healthy relationships like women do throughout their lives. They always say we're gonna die aloge, but usually we got somebody, Okay, it's gonna be a bitch bestie, We're gonna be old as fuck and the nursing home together like y'all niggas being there by y'allself. But I feel like women, over the course of their lives, they do cultivate healthy relationships, especially Black women, Like we all got like, how do you get through life without girl friends? Yes?
Speaker 2: I need I got me air, Like I was talking. So I was on the phone with this guy I've been talking to, and I was like, so excited about the gifts that we at giving each other because we always get each other like little Christmas glasses or ornaments. And I was just telling him all the stuff I got, and I got some really cute like a shot glass and a really pretty cup, and he was like, y'all gay as hell. I was like, what.
Speaker 3: Niggas always think women gay? And he was like, I mean you're gay back, like everybody ain't gay?
Speaker 2: Yeah I am. I'm not gay gay. I just be drunk gay one game. So he was like, could you imagine I just come here and talk about a year about homeboy brought me this cup. But maybe y'all niggas need to be like do that with each other. I was like, that's that's the problem. That's why y'all be so angry because y'all not doing nice things and with each other. You'd be like, nah, y'all gay as hell, bought each other some cups, Like.
Speaker 3: You cannot tell niggas that women don't be eating each other couchie on friends on girlfriends trips and stuff like, are y'all sick?
Speaker 2: I'm never eating my friends on a vacation with them. I'm pretty sure that shit goes down.
Speaker 3: And some people friends groups like they I don't know if that's a friend though, Like what is that?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure it goes down. But the majority of the time absolutely fucking not. Okay, this is going to get away from yall, niggas.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: I found this article on very well minded dot com and it says I don't need friends. Why you might feel this way Sometimes it feels better to be alone. Now. I am one for isolation a little bit me too, But if it's like a mental health thing, why you're isolating, like, you'll find that actually being with people like mine, you got some things in common with, can actually pull you out of at the place face yeah, because if it's a healthy isolation, like you like, look, I got deadlines for shit, like I'm I'm grinding, I'm focused. But if it's a I'm depressed. I don't have no friends type shit in the house every weekend.
Speaker 2: That might be a problem.
Speaker 3: You might need to if you don't have any friends, at least get a therapist.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I isolate myself because my social barometer is just completely diminished. Like I don't have nothing. I talk to bitches all day. Listen when you do hair, you are a therapist. I don't care what nobody say. I listen to people's stories. I laugh the inn. I always tell them the entertainment is free because I'm always in here entertaining while I'm doing the hair. But then I have my friends, my relationships, and like me and you had a conversation yesterday and it was really about some personal shit, you know, that we talked about. And sometimes it can be heavy, and then I'm talking over here, I'm talking over there. Sometimes I just have to go in the house and shut the fuck up. Then I gotta come on this shit and talk to y'all. Sometimes I just have to shut the fuck up for a little while and just close all communication off because I'm over stimulated. Yes, that's meager.
Speaker 3: I definitely get tired of talking, okay, especially some shit happened. I feel like I got a call everybody I know tell them what happened. But I am learning to not do that. You sound like a broken record after a while, Like, and I really have anxiety at the end of the day after I talk to all these bitches about the same thing and total same fucking story.
Speaker 2: M M. Have you ever called somebody to tell the story and then before you started, You'm like, I don't even want to tell that story, an Moore, I'm tired of telling it. I like, you know what, never mine, don't even worry about it.
Speaker 3: Don't worry about it, man, I'm sick of it. I'm actually over it.
Speaker 2: No love story short, Fuck that, nigga.
Speaker 3: That's what I was calling to say, exactly. So it says there are many reasons you might say I don't need friends, or you may simply wonder why don't I have friends. One explanation is that you might feel that relationship, that friendship doesn't offer a lot of value in your life. Another is that you could already have plenty of social support from family. Family and friends is different things, so you don't need a wide circle of friends or acquaintances. Whatever your reasons, it can be helpful to learn why you might feel you don't need friends or don't have friends. To understand how calmon this is and to know some of the benefits of making friends, we also share things you can do if you decide to add more friendships to your life. So it says reasons you feel like you don't need friends. It says if you feel like you don't have friends in your life, there are a few different reasons why you might feel this way. They include you prefer solitudes. We just said that, So it says some people prefer solitude over being in the company of others, particularly people who are more introverted. I hate all these labels, so I'm introvert and extrovert. I think the word is actually imbivert like you both. Like I'm gonna be in a social setting and social seting social setting, and all of a sudden, I need to fucking recharge, bitch, and I'm sneaking out the back. Don't I't even telling nobody I'm leaving. I'm out because I feel like way every time I go someplace, like I'm entertainment every time. Like if I go and don't talk, it's a problem, Like which wrong, don't you, bitch?
Speaker 2: See I can't just never be off. Oh no, I will shut off. Like when I get into social environments. I kind of like got to fill the room out before I get the cutting up. So I'll just I'll look or I'll observe for a long time before i even let people see my personality. You real quiet in the corner, and now drugs bitch is alcohol? Speaking of friends, let me just say this before you continue. I just want to thank so many of y'all slid into my DMS and sent me encouraging words after listening to me crying on the Thanksgiving episode. I know, and I really really y'all don't know how much y'all touched me with y'all encouraging words and all you're you know, sharing your own situations with me. So I really really really love y'all. Y'all my friends.
Speaker 3: I love your community.
Speaker 2: And I really appreciate that. But okay, go ahead with your listen.
Speaker 3: So it says you fair disappointment. Like other social connections, friendship comes with expectations and a need for give and take. If you're afraid that you can't live up to these expectations or think that others will let you down, you might avoid friendships as a way to minimize the risk of being disappointed or disappointing others.
Speaker 2: What do you think about that as a different mechanism. I think that's you know, a lot of people are in romantic relationships for the same reason you know, So yeah, I think that's a real thing, because sometimes I find myself like spending time with men who I know I don't see nothing with because it's safer.
Speaker 3: Full of ship, bitch, is what I heard.
Speaker 2: No, because I be scared. I'd be scared.
Speaker 3: I'd be scared. So for me, my romantic relationships versus my friendships, I require the same thing, love and respect. I might want a little extra from the men, though I need some motherfucking money and protection. Okay, but I don't really have high expectations from women. But I have had friends who are very, very, very needy friends, and it can get exhausting emotionally trying to cater to or it's like you're walking on eggshells with a woman, Like I don't fuck bitches. I don't want to have to be in a.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: Uh, let me give example. Well, one of my friends who I'm no longer friends would like I mean this was a best friend. This is like a bitch I'm talking to every day for years. We met in two thousand and five. I think we started being friends like during COVID sometime. So imagine like this person being constant. It's devastating. It's like, bitch, you know my life. I don't like that, Like why you get the store walking around? I know what I said that. I mean that shit though, Like, bitch, you know my secrets. You're just out here with my fucking secrets. I got a problem with that. Yeah, but she was so needy and the things that came out in the days leading up to us, like breaking up. It was the weirdest thing for me, you know, because I give people space. I give people like if I and let me go back a bit because one of my guy friends I was texting with his dad died last year, right, and he had texted me he was saying that and he's my Gemini twin, So he had put on social media that he was he was sitting in front of his dad's grave and he was like, he didn't realize he was depressed until he's like said some things out loud at his dad's grave and he was saying how he lives in New England, so he was like, you know up north. He was saying how he didn't realize like the people he thought he had here back.
Speaker 2: In Charleston just weren't his friends because they didn't really.
Speaker 3: Call and check on him. Now, I remember I didn't call him when his dad died. I text. And that's because when things happened, I kind of and this and this is emotional intelligence, right that I may have lacked in that moment, right because I was thinking about like how I would want because what can you do when somebody family passed away? You gonna get a hundred text messages and calls the same thing, and nothing can make that pain go away, especially the loss of a parent. Right, So at the time I was just thinking like what I would need in that moment, and then now knowing that he was he's actually depressed, and I didn't call, Like, I feel like I dropped the ball because at some point I should have called, but I didn't because I just feel like, like when I'm out the shell, I reach out to people like when I need my downtime, but not everybody needs us. You got to just know your personnel. You got to know what your friend what your friend needs. But guess what, people have to explicitly state in all relationships what it is that they need, because otherwise you want to always be disappointed with unreal real, unrealistic expectations of people that you did not tell them what you need. Right, That's the same thing in your romantic relationships. So I'm telling you, in the world, I do not require much, but there are some people that require a lot out of everybody, and it can get exhausting. So I don't want those type of friends. So I want to be around more people that's kind of like cool with like your best friends you really don't talk to every day.
Speaker 2: I just said to let one of my closest friends go, honestly, and I just felt like, no matter how hard I tried to show her that I loved her and that I supported her, there it was never enough. The cuff was never there's a hole in the bottom of it and I can't feel it, and no matter how hard I try to feel it, it's just, you know, I just can't do it.
Speaker 3: So I had ever ending bottomless pit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so I don't know.
Speaker 3: I can't. I can't do that with women especially be cause y'all ain't given me no dick.
Speaker 2: Like, why am I jumping? I can't give you.
Speaker 3: I don't want no goddamn dick off all nine like it gotta be warm with veins. I got that the black dick caused more come overving no white strapper like yeah, I like, I don't fuck women, so to have to cater to women's like attitude. I understand some of the shit men say about women. I definitely do because you experience of those things. I don't know why people think that they are different and they were friends in their friendships versus in relationships with other people like that shit kind of translates sometimes. So your homegirl might be telling you some shit that she going through with her boyfriend. You'd be like, damn bit you good that to me?
Speaker 2: Right? Some people have like character flaws man a lot. I mean, I think we all have some type of character. For absolutely, there's no life perfect friends, but there is people who try to be the best version of friendship that they know how to be. And that's all I want. You know, when you make a mistake, say you sorry, and as long as you ain't fun or slapping my mama, we could get passed just about anything. But it's just when I feel like I can't do enough, that's when I got to go.
Speaker 3: This next one says you're close to your family, you might also feel like your family members are your friends. If they give you the connection and support you need, you may feel less of a need to seek friendships outside of your family circle. That's possible, you know, growing up as a black woman with a black mama, my mom, I remember having like a few friends growing up, but for the most part, like one of her nieces was like one of her best friends, and then her sister, well actually her both of her sisters were like best friends. My oldest her oldest sister, and my aunt passed away a while ago, but she still has like her youngest sisters, so like they're like besties. So your family could definitely be friends because I feel like even first cousins are like friends best friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I disagree with Yeah, I disagree. You can your family because your family don't have to be your friend, you know, right, sometimes you don't even like your family exactly. If you got a family member who's also a friend, you're just blessed. That's a blessing as far as science.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Like I reconnected with one of my first cousins last year and me and her have been like this ever since, Like around this time when the October last year, my male cousins had a birth, I had a wedding and from that point on, girl, we be that's my BESTTI, Like, that's one of my best friends.
Speaker 2: I feel like me and my sisters like right now, we've always been close, but we're the closest as adult women than when we were like young girls and stuff like that. We just having our own And I was telling my little sister Tany y'all, was like, girl, we are, like you're my best friend. Like I call you every I talk to you every day. I was like, I let you down. She's like, I was thinking about that you used to beat my ass when I shouldn't fuck with you.
Speaker 3: Girl, the young sister always get all the abuse and you the middle middle sister. That's about right, bitch, because I've been trying to tell my sister Sam, she's the middle child, right, I'm the youngest, how she used.
Speaker 2: To abuse me. Yeah, my sister said, I'm lucky that she even talk to me.
Speaker 3: Yes, Like, but you really used to literally was just talking about this ship yesterday. Bit you was abusive as fuck to me until I realized I could fight.
Speaker 2: I was like, I was just making you tough for her. The world is hard, prepare you for retarded?
Speaker 3: Nobody can ever love the middle child enough.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I to this day like I'm my daddy's baby and my oldest sister is like, she's close to my mama, and so Sam just in the fucking middle feeling like nobody knows her all the time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, y'all weird.
Speaker 3: This next one says you don't want to get hurt. If you've been deeply hurt by a friend in the past, you might have trust issues. As a result, you might be hesitant to begin new friendships with others.
Speaker 2: I like meeting new people. Me too. I like hearing people little stories and ship like.
Speaker 3: I'm nosy, bitch, Tell me I'm never like a no new friend type bitch.
Speaker 2: How you get that scar on your leg? I want to hear about it. I'm not like I want to hear about everything that happened in life.
Speaker 3: I have friends that I met through other friends and friends no more, and I'm still friends with both of them.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, i'd be me and friends.
Speaker 3: I mean, when I moved to Saint Louis, I met my homegirl Ryan in the club, met a whole friend, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was my first friend I met em.
Speaker 3: You're too busy. Building and maintaining friendships takes time, and y'all twenty five year old bitches ain't doing shit. H takes time and effort. If you are busy with other obligations such as family, work, school, you might simply feel like you don't have time or energy to devote to friends.
Speaker 2: I have a friend who is my ex boyfriends. Uh, well they were girl. It was his girlfriend and he introduced me to her and we became friends. And now they don't go together either, and me and her are still friends, but we both dated him. This comes a wild right, did y'all have a No? It was not that a little throble, this says.
Speaker 3: According to the twenty twenty one American Perspective Survey, forty nine percent of adults said they had three or fewer friends close friends.
Speaker 2: With this breakdown.
Speaker 3: Generate generalation, general girl generalation pounded out baby generationally, that's not that's right, I don't know generational generationally, there you go, I got there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I say yay.
Speaker 3: Twenty seven percent of millennials reported having no close friends. Twenty two percent reported having no friends at all. That's millennials, that's US. Sixteen percent of Generation xers report not having any friends. Nine percent of Baby boom mercee they have no friends.
Speaker 2: That's so sad. How How how do y'all not have nobody?
Speaker 3: Like? And maybe that's one of the events events. I feel like we talked about that before, like doing like a friend show.
Speaker 2: Let's say, yeah, let's make friends, speed speed.
Speaker 3: Friends, because how do you get through life without somebody? You gotta have somebody you can call and talk to, like outside of a therapist. That might be where it starts for a lot of people, because you need to explore why it is that you can't make real connection with other people aside from being busy in school and all those other things.
Speaker 2: Right, Like, because even in those environments you know, you make relationships or work, you have work friends. You know, some people go to work and don't talk to nobody and don't come home. And I saw this thing where a woman said that she had roaches and those were her only friends.
Speaker 3: Girls shut up, not Joe's apartment.
Speaker 2: Who Joseph, this was a woman.
Speaker 3: I know Joe's apartment, ass bitch, Like what your roaches is?
Speaker 2: The friends? It? Girl? It was so it was the saddest thing and nasty. It was nasty, but it was sad because these were the only friends she had in the world.
Speaker 3: Wait were they in he marriam or like running in the house?
Speaker 2: Roaches? She had a roach infestation in her home and she viewed them as her friends. And she didn't have no family, and she worked and come home and didn't have no friends. And she just said that that was the only friend she had was in roaches in her house.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure she was taking some of them roaches to work with her and they when people saw that shit, people didn't want to be your friends. Got that shit, Like, girl, we see roaches in your car in the parking.
Speaker 2: Lot, Yeah, they got the roaches. She didn't because her infestation got so bad because she didn't want to get rid of them because then she wouldn't have nobody. Ain't that sad? That poor baby? That thing broke my heart for her. Look at your face? What's the next thing on the article?
Speaker 3: Because if she would clean that damn house. She would have some friends. You can't invite people over that. See, that's she had a mental health issue. I she didn't have any friends. It didn't have nothing to do with like nobody not wanting to be her friend and she can only depend on roaches.
Speaker 2: But just how lonely it must be to decide that the only friends you have is these roaches in your house, and that's why you don't want to get rid of them. She was depressed. That's so sad that that was. And she was a black woman too. I know.
Speaker 3: You're terrible, but you little fucking figure as empathy.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. No, you had to see what was on the Instagram. I can find that video. She was like, I don't have anyone else and it was just so sad. It wasn't fake, all right.
Speaker 3: So anyway, so here now are the benefits of actually having friends, right, so you don't have to have roaches as your friends. Somebody p I don't know, okay, It says reduced stress and anxiety. Even if you think you don't need them, having a social circle to support you can be important for your health, for your mental health and well being. Research has found that having a social support system is associated with less stress and anxiety. So when men said they don't have anybody to talk to, y'all need to get some fucking homeboys that have actual sense that you can have a conversation with, you can converse with. I feel like women do a pretty good job. I mean, because you you you good at it. You call and be like, girl, can I impack on you?
Speaker 2: You got a moment? You got a mental health break moment? For me, I always I try to ask and I'm like, hey, how you doing. You have to bandwidth on you right now?
Speaker 3: That is so considerate, Like, bitch, Yeah, because I had a friend who had who I had to let go of. Bitch, I'll be because I am one of those people who don't tell people what I'm going through. I just get through it and I might tell you about it when it's over. Like one side, I got through, Like, girl, let me tell you what the fuck I've been going through for the last six months.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 3: But I would literally be going through shit like driving or something, and she's like calling me with a whole mental health crisis on the phone, and I'm like, bitch, you can't do this to people. You can literally like, you don't know other people's mental state when you add an extra peace, don't because everybody's going through something. Everybody is going through it. May may it be that they're you know, verbal about it about it or not.
Speaker 2: People be going through shit. Man, You're not the only one I know. And I started practicing that to ask people can they handle it first before I do that, because just by being a hairstylist, people coming here and dump on top of me boom boom, Well grandma, dad and my husband cheese, somebody sick. This happened like all day long. I'm just listening to people problems. Some times I leave feeling so heavy, and I know, like that's kind of part of the job a little bit. Sometimes I'll be like ready to just put on a movie, girl, watch this. I can't handle nobody else shit. But so I started practicing that just because I get dumped on so much. You know, have you ever.
Speaker 3: Stopped somebody like while they dumping, Like, girl, I really don't got it today, Like I have the capacity today for this.
Speaker 2: I have, yeah that It ain't that I don't care. I just I can't handle it today. I'm so sorry. I love you. I love you so much, and I want to be there for you, but right now I'm trying to be there for me a little bit, and I can't help you today with that. But I can try to put something on that can uplift us both. Would you like that? Like maybe I can put music on or a movie that might uplift both of our spirits. And that's how I deal it. And usually, I mean, you can't get mad at that, Like, baby, I do not have it for you today, So that's not selfish.
Speaker 3: Less loneliness friendship is also linked to less loneliness. Loneliness can excuse me. Loneliness has been shown to take a serious toll on health and mortality. Studies have found that people who have quality friendships are better able to cope with stress, and are even less likely to experience stress in the first place. Being happy is a choice, that's my cursing.
Speaker 2: So every day you got to you.
Speaker 3: Gotta do something like that that you like doing that makes you smile, or just actually just practice smiling.
Speaker 2: Right, that might attract some friends.
Speaker 3: They said, black one be around here with rest and bitch face, Like you're not even inviting to make a friend smile, bitch, But y'all, niggas don't be telling women to smile.
Speaker 2: Ain't for y'all. This is where women don't be telling us. We're talking to YouTube nigga when we say loud, bitch, smile, bitch better.
Speaker 3: Emotional support. Friends can also offer emotional support when you need it. Friends can help validate your emotions, listen to your problems, and do things to help you feel better. So now we all want friends that just be yes men, though I don't think that's healthy even so, when you fucking up like you should have a solid group of friends, gonna tay girl, you want some bullshit right now and love, relationships, finances, whatever it is, like if they just feel like you're just not showing up as your best self, like your friends should be able to tall they know you, they know you. Yeah, a feeling of belonging. Howing friends can help you feel as if belonging to something that brings purpose and connection to your life. We need telling you to go join the crips or I get a nice, solid group of women that's actually actively doing shit out here.
Speaker 2: But your community no basically going to jail.
Speaker 3: They're really gonna have like a lot of friends for a long time.
Speaker 2: But I know people will or love me all right, I.
Speaker 3: Improve physical health. Having strong friends will tell you your back is getting big as a bitch. You know it's just having strong friends can also that article really say it also help you to improve your physical health. Friends might increase the chances of you doing daily tasks such as exercise and eating well. Even if it's a competition. Bitch, if you're won't be fat and your friends can, I think it.
Speaker 2: I think me and you compete to see who can get the fattest. Bitch.
Speaker 3: I've worked out today, okay today, and I'm gonna try try real hard tomorrow. But your friends do hold you accountable, like it is like when you have friends that like everybody on the same little workout kick, like you do tend to lose weight when you need to if everybody on the same wave ship.
Speaker 2: But you also can make friends in the gym if you if you're enough, you think, well, all right.
Speaker 3: The black women don't speak in the gym. And I'm saying black women because I'm only speaking from our perspective, Like I do have one white friend, but I'm just saying in our community. Because you know, you love a devil's advocate.
Speaker 2: In the gym.
Speaker 3: There are white women and black women. When I tell you, the white bitches they know they see you four days out the week. They're telling you hi girl. The black women don't give your eye contact to say hi. Ever.
Speaker 2: You know what I be looking at walking to talk about that in the gym. I don't really have friends in the gym with spin class. Oh yeah, I mean friends and spin. Yeah yeah, it's more. I guess it's because of the same petition. Yeah yeah, so I missed my spin class. I can't I can't wait to get this foot back to roller.
Speaker 3: No, I know you gotta wrap this up, but listen, the one thing, one other thing I wanted to add to this, which is a whole other article, and I'm not gonna get in the whole thing, but I think one problem, right, maybe the depiction of black women when it comes to friendships right on teaching, Right, we got some nice shows like uh, living Single, Like that's our generation. You know what I'm saying, Girlfriends should set it off, bitch, Okay, Like that's still girls depending on each other.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that was the best exit.
Speaker 3: Might have to set it off one day you don't know where friends, You're gonna call us set it off? I do shit, Priscilla, Priscilla ready to set the ship off. Bitch, that's a whole witch name right there, Bitch. You ready?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I do think. Like shows like Baddies and Bad Girls Club and even the Love and Hip Hops, you know they don't paint the most positive pictures of friendships and relationships between women because oftentimes they show them fighting. You know that the conflict resolution is always physical violence, and people in other places in the world might assume that that is how the only way Black women handle conflict, and it is a part of how we do it handle conflict. I won't sit here and pretend like shit, don't jump off when she gets crazy, because it can, but that is just not the go to, especially between women who are friends. We might argue, we might even cuss at each other, you might even be a bitch, but physical violence. If we hit each other, we are no longer friends.
Speaker 3: Absolutely not. You throw a drink in my face, yes it's over.
Speaker 2: If you put your hands on me one, I'm calling I'm too old. I'm not fighting no more. I feel like I'm too old. I already broke my foot. I'm calling the police on you.
Speaker 3: Life long injuries from fighting on that page of my life is done. That is the workout. Could you imagine that boxing for a minute?
Speaker 2: I do not want to do it. First of all, I feel too pretty to be participating in that type of foolish period. And the second of all, my body is just that I don't want to fight, litten. Can we talk talk about it? So?
Speaker 3: This is from Baystate Banner dot com. It says how are reality TV shows affecting society's perception of black women?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 3: It says, while black women are clearly underrepresented in films and on prime time comedies and dramas, the same cannot be said of our representation on reality reality television. The sheer number of reality programs on television today makes it difficult to determine if we are in some way over presented. However, black women have been entertaining American households through this genre from its inception and continue to do so today. So we've gone from Tammy on the pilot of the real world. Remember Tammy, I don't if y'all know Tammy Roman. That's what she got it, Poppa. She's the original reality TV Queen Okay, and then now on Basketball Wise. It says some of the shows that focus primarily on black women are The Real Housewives of Atlanta, Love and Hip Hop Alanta, The New Atlanta, and Married to Medicine, even Married to Medicine. These are professional black women. What the fuck?
Speaker 2: I see the Real four this current season.
Speaker 3: Why are y'all growing ass ladies fighting forty and fifty year old people?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's insane.
Speaker 3: The men about to get into it too. I can't do reality TV, Like, I think I'm too much of a real nigga for that. And I and I really like they make a juice network.
Speaker 2: I feel like they set up situations to make people who normally would not be fistfighting take it there can like you got.
Speaker 3: Uh sprinkling a couple of baby daddies and husbands. It's just real messy the way that black people are depicted.
Speaker 2: But that baddies is just the worst. It is the worst, And I keep watching it. I keep watching it like on the stair climber, that is my stair climber. Why, though, why it makes you get through the stair clan? Yeah, because I can't believe what I'm seeing what is gonna happen next, I forget. I'll be on the stair climber our watching baddies. So yeah, so I guess I'm part of the problem giving them views.
Speaker 3: I don't watch that shit, Like I think the most I watched was Real Housewives of Atlanta, the one year that we had a couple of people on the show.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I haven't watched me. I ain't gonna lie against me anxiety. I can't like watch like if there's a season, I can't watch like two episodes back to back because it's only so much oh bitch, bitch, fucking bitch that I can take in, you know, an hour, because they really be customing the other out.
Speaker 3: So is this really how black friendships are?
Speaker 2: Because that's just not true. That is not true.
Speaker 3: But that's what the world season. Maybe just maybe the younger generation have internalized these scenes because they actually grew up. Yeah, they grew up in reality TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, so now they think this is how they're supposed to handle their relationships.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and as the bitch don't want to have to fight, they frame all the damn time. You might you might stay away from having friends friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we got to do better. That is not normal. That is not how you people you love, You communicate, you use your words. If you're that upset, walk away and come back later. You know, you know, because I know almost came to blows with friends before, but it's never went there. You know, it's never gone to like actual fist fighting.
Speaker 3: Now, you don't talk about having to fight a friend before.
Speaker 2: Now which friend? Which when you was drunk?
Speaker 3: Y'all he was drunk and then they ate outside of waffle house or some ship.
Speaker 2: You was eating grits at your hand.
Speaker 3: Oh, I like you were the drunk aggressor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was on He and J. Man, that's the only time I drink here Jay in my life.
Speaker 3: That gotta be some college shit, because bitch, why you haven't got no money to get some good drinks? I don't know, Man, start with therapy, like therapy is always the thing. If you feel like you have a tough time making friends, go talk to somebody else first, right, that can may maybe help you guide you through.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Do they just walk up on people like I feel like I meet people I have friends like even social media. I think that maybe if the younger generation, they might have more online friends and they have like real friends in real life. So but even Yahoo, I have a whole group of friends from Yahoo that I'm still friends with today.
Speaker 2: There's a woman Lexi Nicole. Shout out to Lexi Nicole. She listens to the show, and we became friends on Instagram and we're going to get cocktails on Friday. And that's really how it happened, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, my friends, if you want to you have to put it, put forth a real effort if you actually want some friends, right, because I feel like they're you're gonna find. I think there's only like maybe like five different characteristics of people out here world for real, and you can pick one right and find that you can find that characteristic of those characteristics in one hundred people. Right, So it starts with you. It starts with them. They ain't gonna do with nobody outside of you in because all black women caddy and black women be backstabbing and all these things that we might have been taught from the older generation that you can't trust each other. Mm hm, you know, cause I feel like, do these pitches, these old pitches, do these baby boomers they don't got no friends neither per that survey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wonder why. I know, Like one of my friends and her mom don't have no friends. My mom doesn't. My mom got too many damn friends. There's always people at her damn house. And she's happy.
Speaker 3: Your mom seems like a happy person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she is happy, you see.
Speaker 3: So it plays a role within your mental health when you have the outlet of friends you can go to and talk to an incomegate and go out.
Speaker 2: And they go out to eat a different restaurant every Friday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fun and that's something to look forward to. Yeah, aside from just sitting up and sitting up in the house and being a fucking racoust.
Speaker 2: Like, get out of there, my mama, y'all. My mom does not have a Washington dryer still because on Sunday morning her and her friends go to a laundromat and wash their clothes and that's part of their girls time. I mean, look, it works.
Speaker 3: It'll take you about about two hours, two three hours to wash clothes with coffee.
Speaker 2: We get our coffee and wen'kay, you're whatever make you have.
Speaker 3: They waste their money, though, I'm gonna tell you that maybe not because if you're calculating the water bill when you wash clothes. I bet y'all water bell probably so the same. I bet you her water bill is so the same. If she had a washing drying, it might not be saving the money and the money used Washington dollars. Do you one probably gonna listen to this episode switch up like I might bitch the next time I'm in home people they be having those floor display sales man, you can get you a little sat for five hundred. I might call you, ass bitch, I got two fifty, or your mama wash your sheet the dryer, playing with Sarah.
Speaker 2: Hey girl, get y'all some motherfucker friends.
Speaker 3: That's my last office. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, bitch before we get up out of here. Okay, all right, all right, So y'all, I want to go back. This is another segment that we had. I might have only done it one time. Remember it was eminem messy meme. I want to get back to doing that. So because I'd be seeing a whole bunch of funny ship that I'd be wanting to share. Y'all probably not seen it. Maybe No, I feel like i I've seen the whole internet. People be sending me ship and I'm like girl, I've seen that. So y'all listen to this right quick. So yes, I am reading again.
Speaker 2: Story time.
Speaker 3: It says, it says he doesn't know we're married. That's how the story begins.
Speaker 2: It says.
Speaker 3: So we dated for about two years, and I decided I was ready to get married and settle down. She singularly decided. Okay, about three years ago, he told me that he was saving up for a ring and that he wanted to surprise me with the proposal of my dreams lo and Behold. A few months passed and still no proposal. I asked him when he planned on doing it, and he told me he had simply changed his mind. Simply changed his mind. Why would he buy the cow when he is already getting the milk for free?
Speaker 2: She says.
Speaker 3: I felt like he scammed me. I was done letting men scam me. Fed up, so I just to take matters into my own hands.
Speaker 2: I found a man.
Speaker 3: Y'all, listen, listen, it is very close. I found a man on the internet who looked just like him, and while he was sleeping, I went ahead and took his ID along with his birth certificate. Okay, she took her boyfriend's ID and birth certificate, and she found a man online that looks like him. Clarified, I feey' all okay. She then offered this lookalike, who was pretty much homeless, one thousand dollars to come to the courthouse with her, and we did the thing, she says, with praying hands in the praising hands okay, cartwheels and smiley faces emojis. We've been married now for almost two years, and I've never been happier. I am moving and behaving like a wife in every since. I've been cooking every day, washing laundry, and taking great care of my husband. He has complimented me many times on how amazing I am and how well I perform my duties as his lady. On Valentine's Day this year, he even decorated our room and he had the word wife written with flowers.
Speaker 2: I thought, how ironic.
Speaker 3: Little does y'all know exactly little does he know? I'm his wife?
Speaker 2: She said.
Speaker 3: My question is how do I tell him we are official? Now?
Speaker 2: This is two years later. Now, shouldn't I just hope.
Speaker 3: That he changes his mind and eventually proposes on his own once he sees how amazing I am.
Speaker 2: We are past the one.
Speaker 3: Year mark, so I no longer have to worry about in an omen, which is great. We went on vacation about a week after our ceremony. She still talk about her boyfriend. Ceremony was with some nigga off the internet she met that looked like her boyfriend, and for me, it was our honey. We've never been happier. I just really need him to I just really need him on board with all of this. He noticed I was wearing a ring on my ring finger and I told him it was to keep other men away. He jokingly mentioned how good it looks. I'm tired of keeping our marriage a secret, and I feel like he has a right to know. Any advice appreciated.
Speaker 2: You're so dumb, you are really dune for she looks crazy. That is insane. This is all right, We're supposed to sit in dumb shores. But some of this is just insanity, because how how you marry somebody without telling them, like why you want to be a wife that bad.
Speaker 3: Girl?
Speaker 2: You want to jail, that you committed fraud? Yes, ain't you telling people the internet?
Speaker 3: And you're putting pictures that with your ring and the flowers made out a wife made into wife.
Speaker 2: Cannot be real.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, but yeah, but you're going to jail whenever the man you need to go. You married him two years ago that he doesn't know you married him. You got his social and all that shit as people worked down there at the courthouse, right, but he still hasn't proposed to you still two years later. Y'all been together for three It's now two years after the fake marriage, and he still has not proposed you after five years.
Speaker 2: Girl, he don't want to marry you.
Speaker 3: Because you fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Bit that probably he probably making a good decision, because girl, I flabbergasted at this story.
Speaker 3: Girl, he is there because of obligation. He wrot all fuck with you like that, and he know you nuts. That's why he changes mind.
Speaker 2: And you just man, if you want to do it or not, it's done, it's done.
Speaker 3: I want to see that the girl who you want to marry that bad you want to fake a marriage?
Speaker 2: Who? I mean impressed with the dedication? Though you gotta really be dedicated to this man to marry him without him or crazy? It's two things can be true. It once I feel.
Speaker 3: Like she will kill him. I feel like if he leaves, she'll do something to him because you wanted that man that bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be in danger straight up.
Speaker 3: Yes, snapped and look at her picture.
Speaker 2: The man who went and you complicit. Whatever happened to bro code. You need to go to jail too, both of y'all.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars, one thousand dollars, that's all she got money to.
Speaker 2: Waste because he signed, He signed the paperword right, he had to sign at the courthouse. Yeah, you need to go to jail, sir, you need to be arrested.
Speaker 3: Police who really committed the fraud at that point?
Speaker 2: Both of them? The fuck went down there and perpetrated the fraud.
Speaker 3: Real shame, y'all.
Speaker 2: Don't be crazy. Don't be fucking crazy, y'all.
Speaker 3: All right, y'all, don't be fool Go make some motherfucker friends in twenty five man, stop, please, don't be delusion. Or ain't nobody hating on you neither?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think that'd be half the problem with black women.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: Somebody always hating on your.
Speaker 2: Mother, girl, You ain't got that. If nobody hate on anyway.
Speaker 3: If you enjoyed this episode, y'all, tune in every Thursday with a Black Effect iHeartRadio, Apple, whatever the fuck you get your best friend. This is your co host aj Holiday two point zero on instagrams. Oh download, yeah, download this show, y'all click like subscribe and y'all can also subscribe to Apple.
Speaker 2: Is it called Apple Access? I think? Oh yes, yeah, Apple Access and you can like, no you don't have no ads? Yeah, if y'all listening to the ads, and you want to add free version of our show, you can have that. Subscribe easily. Black Effect plus uninterrupted listening to Black Effect shows and it's three dollars in ninety nine sients a month and you can try it for free. You can try it. There's a trial, so try it, see if you like it better, and definitely download our show. We need those downloads. You guys, don't just go to it every week. Download it so it can just automatically come top phone and we can be your friend every week. Appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Remember to speak now and never hold joy down, Little Bunches.
Speaker 1: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.