Speaker 1: I Am all in again. Oh that's you.
Speaker 2: I Am All in Town meeting with Suzanne French and Tara suit An iHeartRadio podcast. Hey guys, welcome to another episode of I'm All in Town Meeting with myself, Tara and Suzanne. Hello. Hello, Today we're talking about season one episode twenty ps.
Speaker 1: I love It aired on May third, two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: So would you think.
Speaker 1: I like the episode? The only thing is.
Speaker 2: I realize more than ever how immature laurl I is.
Speaker 1: Like she kind of bugged me.
Speaker 2: In places where not bug may be like a little strong, but like irritated in this sense of like you're talking about your dog. Well also Max, Max should have never said anything to Rory about like, oh, like your relationship.
Speaker 1: But also.
Speaker 2: I don't know, like I feel like I don't even know my words are making sense or I don't know how to like place this, but I don't know, like I think the Lorelei and Max situation made me realize she's just a little immature.
Speaker 3: I thought she was a little frantic in this episode, like she she was just really bouncing off the walls in a lot of scenes. And I'm not sure if if that was a choice or that was you know, direction or what was going on there. But like the scene where she comes jumping into Rory's bed and she's like pushing on her, and the thing with Luke and the clothes and she's like running all over the place.
Speaker 2: Maybe it was part of that because then also the other immature part is why would you go up to a sixteen year old boy at his place of work and basically just like attack him.
Speaker 3: You know, poor Dean, he just gets attacked by adults all the time.
Speaker 2: I actually really felt bad because you and you can tell Lurla I felt bad after she found out, like he's like, all I said is I love you?
Speaker 1: And she broke up with.
Speaker 2: Me, right, And I kind of like that he called out the whole town.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I liked it too, because Rory wouldn't. Rory never told Lorlai what had happened, and so Laurla is making up a story in her head about what happened, and of course she assumed that it's Dean's fault. And I did what I did like about that scene. I love the way that they shot it where she's outside and then she like she walks away and she comes back, and yeah, way and she comes back, and it reminded me of that scene that we're going to see. Uh, I think it's next season where we have Fran's funeral and Jess and Rory do the same thing, like he starts to go after her and then he comes back, and then he starts and then he comes back. But so I did I liked that part, just you know, from the from the staging angle. But yeah, I thought, I don't know, I did feel. I did feel bad for Dean that he was kind of getting the blame from everybody, Like because Rory, they have her on such a pedestal that she could do no wrong and so therefore, even though no one knows what happened, it must have been Deane's fault, right, So I was glad that they kind of worked that out and Dean, you know, got to have some vindication there. But yeah, I don't know, I have a lot of There's just there was a lot going on in this episode.
Speaker 2: There was a lot between Rory running See last week we were talking about how I was like, didn't she run a Like, didn't she run away? Not knowing that it was the next episode that we were going to watch because she finally, you know it kind of if you think think about it, and I'm sure this was strategically planned. She knew she could run away to her grandparents' house because they just made the bedroom. Yes, the last time it was she was snowed in. She kind of had no choice. It wasn't safe on the roads. But this time it was like, I need somewhere to go. I know, my grandparents have a bedroom for me, and I feel safe. And did she handle it properly? Probably not, but like very lorelie of her, you know, but at least she was going somewhere safe, you know, like she's still a smart girl. And I have to say Richard's one liners in this episode were amazing, Like when he was so pissed about going to whatever event they had that night, Yeah, he said Like my favorite line that he sent was he.
Speaker 1: Said was.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry you're upset, but you have impeccable timing or something like that or thank you for your timing something.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Was that was awesome. I I agree, I loved Richard in this episode. Emily was thrilled, Uh, you know, memory ran away to her. She couldn't have been happier. And the I thought the breakfast scene was was kind of funny. You know she's gonna whip up a pop tart for.
Speaker 2: Her Yeah, I kind of wanted to see it, I know, right, even when they like reference at the end, I was like, I kind of wish that they like attempted the pop tart.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we made pop tart.
Speaker 2: Did you notice when Emily asked Richard to pay for the cab, he walks outside and she just closes the door on him.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like she.
Speaker 2: Just like slams the door on him, and like as it like all he's doing is paying the cab. He's coming back in. But like, I just thought it was funny. I'm sure it was obviously to like keep the flow of the scene.
Speaker 1: But I was just like, you just closed the door on your husband.
Speaker 3: That's funny. I didn't even notice that. I did notice, uh in the scene. So going back to Max and Lorelei for a minute, So Max, you know, the more I watched these episodes, the more Max annoys me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree, he was because, like.
Speaker 3: You said in the at the top, it wasn't his place to say anything to Rory like that was weird that he pulled her aside after class to talk about the Dean thing not not really his business, you know, I get that he thought Lorla I, he thought that she knew that they were speaking, So I can kind of see that. But and then when he was talking to Lorelai at there at her house, and he was like, why haven't you told anyone? Are you trying to hide? Like we need to talk about this. Are you trying to hide it? It's like, dude, back off, it's been like two weeks. And who would she tell? Like Suki, I guess, but I didn't know why he was such a big deal to him.
Speaker 1: Like what are you supposed to do, like make an announcement in the newspaper?
Speaker 3: Right? Like how would that even like come up normally? So he was kind of a little intense about that. But what I started to say and then I sidetracked myself was in the scene where he calls her. So he's at Chiltern and he calls her at the inn to say that he wanted to have a date with her on the weekend. If you watch the camera, he's at school. The camera pans to the right and you can see there's a room behind him where there's other professor sitting and one of the people sitting at that table was Robert Lee, who plays the waiter at Luke's and just general town person. But I thought that was it was funny to see him at Chilton.
Speaker 2: They just needed it, like they were like, we need more extras than overtime.
Speaker 3: This week he popped up in a couple other scenes. He got off the bus behind Rory.
Speaker 1: Is he in other episodes? A lot?
Speaker 3: He is. He's in the diner all the time, I think.
Speaker 1: But that's like his main place is the diner exactly.
Speaker 3: Like you see, he's like bussing tables and delivering.
Speaker 1: Food and so being a teacher at Chilton makes no sense, right.
Speaker 3: Being a teacher at Chilton makes no sense. He does pop up at a town meeting now and then.
Speaker 1: But that makes sense because if he works in the looks, then he's part of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but it was it was funny to see him. And then he was in Doci's Market in a button down shirt when Laura I was in.
Speaker 2: There being a Doze's Market. Well, I know, Susane, you were there. But also for the listeners who were at the Warner Brothers lot this last year, and they fully made Docie's Market. It was kind of wild watching the scene with Laurli and Dean because I'm like, man, they really recreated that the diner, yeah, to be exactly like how it was in the show. It was kind of like, I don't know, I was kind I had like goosebumps watching it because I'm like, holy crap, I was there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I said the same thing to my husband lost it because he watched it with me. In the scene where it was Lorelei and Dean in the market, and I like, exactly where they were standing. We were standing there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we were looking for snacks exactly, and like we were standing right there, my husband, I feel like I didn't take I didn't appreciate it as much when we were standing there because there was so much happening too and the crowd and there was a line of people. But watching the scene back, I'm like, I should have taken a photo in that exacts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know, I know, Yeah, Yeah, it was it was cool, and we did. We actually went back two more times so we got to be there when it was less crowded, and so.
Speaker 1: I didn't get to do that this year.
Speaker 2: I got really sick right after I had had like the flu. But next year or I guess at the end of this year, hopefully, if they do it again, I don't know. I'm not teasing anything. I'm just saying, to do it again, I will be there. I had a couple of friends who went like three four times. Like one of my friends she works remote and she's like, I literally took my laptop and I sat at Luke's.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's pretty iconic.
Speaker 3: Is that's pretty cool?
Speaker 2: I want to talk about when Dean and Lane were at Lane's house, did you see that giant like horse snatue just like between them?
Speaker 1: No, It's literally like.
Speaker 2: In the middle of the kitchen, and I was like, we really couldn't find anywhere else.
Speaker 3: Wait, I do remember that. It's like a wasn't it like a carousel horse?
Speaker 2: It was like a carousel horse? Yeah, and it was, Yeah, it was just sitting there. But I had to point that out. But going back to Lane and Dean, that I want to talk about is I thought, with Lane being so supportive of Rory and saying like Dean's on the market on Wednesdays and it's that, why couldn't she just say hey, we got matched up to be partners on this project. Like I don't understand why she couldn't say it, And like my heart literally broke when Rory was standing at the end of the table. It just I was like, oh, and Rory's so nice and she's not gonna like like she walked out. She's like it's fine, Like t worry about it. I'll get over it. But it just bothered me that Lane didn't. If Lane was being so supportive of her feelings, then why didn't she say anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. I didn't think about it from that angle, but but you're right. I mean, I guess I can kind of see it from both sides. Like I guess she felt like she didn't maybe want to open that wound by asking about it, like maybe it was just better to try and smooth it over.
Speaker 2: But like even with the sweet jet, I mean, I thought it was a sweet gesture where she's like, you can write that down the notepad, I see you, Like it was like little things like a best friend type of like I know you, and so it just it.
Speaker 1: Didn't feel like a best friend.
Speaker 2: And also just to stick with Lane, did you notice at the end when they when she went over to Lane's house to like apologize about what she did, she knocks on like the opposite side of the door.
Speaker 1: Did you notice that?
Speaker 3: I did notice that on the hinge side.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, on the hinge side, And it definitely was a staging thing because Lane comes out on the other side.
Speaker 1: But I was like, you might as well have knocked on the window, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I did notice that. I was like, why is she knocking on that side? But you're right, because when you you can't have alexis blocking the view when when Lane opens the door, So it makes sense. But you right, it was knocking on that because that's not only she.
Speaker 2: Like literally knocked on the hinge of the door, And I was like looking at my own friend door and I'm like, could you imagine if I stood on the complete opposite side.
Speaker 1: Like you know, yeah, it's a little just a little call out there.
Speaker 3: So one scene I loved, or actually I think it was two separate scene, but the storyline that I loved was the whole thing with Lorelei buying Luke the clothes. Yeah, I thought that was hilarious.
Speaker 2: Well, when he's for the belt part, like who do you usually help?
Speaker 1: Like have you helped your husband with a belt.
Speaker 3: I have not, but I think I don't know, maybe because they needed some way to make it look weird when Rachel walked in. They needed it to be something, because otherwise, why would she make a comment about it, you know what I mean, Like they needed it to be awkward somehow. But yeah, I thought that was funny when he was like, I'm not gonna smell this bag because she wanted him to smell the leather bag, and he's like, I'm not going to smell this, and then you see in the next shot he like picks up the strap and he smells it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I also, I don't know, I like the clothing part, but the belt just but I like, I'm like going back to the belt.
Speaker 3: And also I just thought it was funny. It's it's become like in our house whenever we talk about the price of something, we're like, it's six hundred thousand percent off. It's like, just become part of our family.
Speaker 1: Febulary Susanne.
Speaker 2: Just one quick note I had to point out. Did you notice the Rory's Paul Frank pajamas?
Speaker 1: Yes, those were I literally had those pajamas.
Speaker 3: By the way, those were adorable.
Speaker 2: I wonder, like, is Paul Frank still around, Like do they still sell the clothes or anything.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I'm gonna have to let me google it.
Speaker 1: Really there was that, and then also.
Speaker 3: It looks so comfy too, I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then also in Rory's room at Emily and Richard's I loved the touch of the little Hello Kitty.
Speaker 1: On the nightstand.
Speaker 3: Oh I didn't even see that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a little Hello Kitty. I was like, good job, Emily, Like, look at you paying attention. They're also prop departments.
Speaker 3: They have they still have a ton of stuff on their website.
Speaker 1: Oh Paul Frank's still around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, maybe maybe I'll go order new pajama.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I might do a little shopping while I've got the website pulled up here. It was a funny scene, but we do see it like plant that seed of doubt in Rachel's mind. Yeah, that kind of like makes you think, Okay, something else is gonna happen here.
Speaker 2: I mean okay, but like also if she didn't get that from the photo she took in the last episode and gifted like it's one of those things where she's also involved.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's true. That's true. I forgot about that picture, but you're right.
Speaker 2: Like handing the man you're dating a photo with another woman who might have interest, just leans a little too on the notes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 1: Did Kirk look younger to you in this episode? For some reason? She did? I noticed that too, in that opening scene, right, his.
Speaker 3: Hair seemed darker to me. I don't know if it was.
Speaker 1: Oh was that why? Maybe it made that's what it was.
Speaker 3: But I it did. I did notice that.
Speaker 1: I was like, damn, you look a lot younger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I did notice that. I have asthma.
Speaker 2: Oh man, I don't know if I had anything else really for this episode.
Speaker 3: I didn't see the clown pillow. I felt like we almost saw it at the end where she was sitting on the couch and talking to Max on the phone, because the camera was kind of panning and usually it's like under that front window. But then when it cut back to her shot again, it was already past it. So, yeah, you didn't see the clown kills. You've seen it for a couple episodes now, No, it's been.
Speaker 1: At least what two or three?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I did, just like talking about the last scene real quick. I kind of thought it was a dumb scene, Like I did not need that last scene at all, like her opening like a contact book from like high school, and.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, going through names.
Speaker 2: I was like, this is just I mean, I understand it's the Loreli like quirk, but I was like, I would have been happy if they just ended the episode. Wasn't right before when like Richard and Emily have that sweet moment like the door closes, they walk away, Like we could have ended the episode right there. I thought there was gonna be a cliffhanger, but there wasn't.
Speaker 3: No, Yeah, I agree that was kind of superfluous. I don't think. I mean, I was just annoyed by that whole thing anyways, So yeah, I agree that that that ending was just kind of dumb, like she's not gonna pull open her out.
Speaker 2: And then actually calling the guy she's not calling him, I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. Max was annoying to me in this episode. It was nice that he showed up in person to help her look for Rory, so I did. I thought that was cool.
Speaker 2: And then I like how Suki went to Dean's house and then like it took her a while to be like, oh wait, we gotta tell Suki that we found her.
Speaker 3: I know. And then she's like, I'm gonna page suk h. I'm like, oh, who is a pager anymore?
Speaker 1: Two thousand and one, Yeah, it just it was funny pagers in two thousand and one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we still used pagers in the hospital to page the doctors.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I was just thinking two thousand and one, I'm like, we did have cell phones, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had there were breaks, but phones, but I think it was it was that transitional period, you know, it was smartphones.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I got my first phone as an emergency in two thousand and four. It was like my parents are like, just keep in your backpack. Like I didn't use it, and it was one of those no kia yes, and I literally only used it to play snake. Yes. I think I like called my parents on it twice, like I like got sick at school and then like needed to get picked up or but even then, like the school nurse called well.
Speaker 3: And you could text, but it didn't have the letter keys numbers like three times to get the T and yeah that was.
Speaker 2: Not oh man, yeah, no wonder no wonder we used to text like you was just the letter you because it took too much effort exactly.
Speaker 3: I had forgotten about that. Yeah, and then because we did that until blackberries came out, that was the first one, like with the with the keyboard because it was.
Speaker 2: This and and uh, sidekicks because I had a sidekick.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I never had a sidekick.
Speaker 2: I went sidekick was a mini keyboard and it was literally well yeah, it was like the two thumbs obviously, but a BlackBerry was a little more condensed.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I went from my note a phone to a pink motorole eraser, which my toddler broke. He's now the one that's graduating from high school. And then I went from that to a BlackBerry, so.
Speaker 2: I had I had a Nokia, and then I had a sidekick, and then sidekick you could only it was only T Mobile users and T Mobile barely worked like at our house, so it really was just me having like a prop of a phone. I don't know why my parents. It was like a birthday gift that I wanted. And then I got like realistic and got a razor, and then I went from the razor to the iPhone like the first iPhone. Yeah, I never had a BlackBerry, but my mom loved her BlackBerry.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I liked the BlackBerry cause I liked the physical keys. They were easier than the iPhone.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so I think that's all we have, right, Susann, Yep, that's all I have. People loved our book review, Susanna. Yeah, like a book review. It was a book, fully Bishop's book. Yeah, we're doing another one.
Speaker 3: We're doing Lauren's first book, which was a novel called Sunday Someday maybe yep.
Speaker 1: And we're gonna talk about this book.
Speaker 2: The end of actually I think the right and we're gonna give you guys a month to read it with us if you haven't. So we're gonna probably talk about the book like the first week of May is kind of on our schedule, and then Susan and I are doing some fun stuff coming up, so a.
Speaker 1: Few surprises, surprise. I don't think we're gonna announce it.
Speaker 3: Yet, it's gonna be a secret.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're going on a trip.
Speaker 3: Yes, what did you say, A long trip?
Speaker 1: A long trip across the country.
Speaker 2: Anyway, or next week we're going to be talking about season one, episode twenty one, Love Daisies and Troubadours.
Speaker 1: Which is the season finale.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 2: I can't believe we made it. I know, Elie, I think we blew through season one.
Speaker 3: I know it went so quick. But it's been fun.
Speaker 1: It's been fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and with that, meeting a journey.
Speaker 1: Everybody and Altoget.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com