Speaker 1: Look mare, Oh I see you. Look over there is that culture. Yes, goodness, wow, lost culture dingda lost Cultureista's calling.
Speaker 2: Now. You were saying off Mike about how you took a little bit of an edible. Tell me the strength, tell me brand, tell me the type.
Speaker 3: It's those Camino ones that are all over New York's very popular with the girls, very popular with the girls. Altho though it is doing that thing and it's like a miner, I don't think so the honey where it's like instead of saying like sativa, indica or hybrid, they just go uplifting.
Speaker 1: No, just be straight with social. Tell me.
Speaker 2: Culture number eight. I'm not a child, and so just tell me what I'm putting in my body. I know sativa, hybrid, indo, Kai, I know all the things. My thing is, I might have to go to edibles because I'm smoking all the time.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 1: I used to be a old personally, I used to be a flower person.
Speaker 2: Now I smoke joints constantly, and like, I'm gonna need my voice soon.
Speaker 1: And so now I'm just like.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's soft launch, soft lunch, but it's getting rougher and rougher and ruffer. And also I'm waking up and feeling hungover in a way that I'm like, but I didn't even dream.
Speaker 1: No, allergies are weird, right now, let's talk about this. Let's get into the allergy of it all.
Speaker 3: Do you feel a little duped coming back to New York because I feel like the trees aren't a sperm me in La Sister, It really hits you like a ton of bricks here.
Speaker 2: But then I'm on my group chat with the La Fags and they're saying they can't breathe, and so now I'm that's the fi, that's the fire. Apparently it's national Girl. We're back in the studio with no cans. Last week we had no cans, and now it just really feels like talking and not podcasting.
Speaker 3: And I feel like this is the right sort of schema, the right energy for our guest. This is so thrilled because.
Speaker 2: Then here's the thing. It's like here we are sitting here talking and then you zoom out a second. Not only is the recording equipment here, but there's a guest. Here's a guest who's sort of the king of all kings, just released the new book, The Daddy Diaries. The year I grew up by our guest.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't you agree pop culture because you go, oh right, Oh, he's friends with like Barry Diller, you know, like he's hand to warn Michaels's house in the Hamptons.
Speaker 1: I love the abbreviation of S J S J Oh God, you know Hickey, Oh, Hickey k oh. I saw the Plaza Sweet. Hickey was such a good director.
Speaker 2: Wad Plaza Sweet? Oh, constant reference to Plaza Sweet. I was just it was like a euphoric trigger for me because every single time I think about Plaza Sweet, I think about comedy, which we call it.
Speaker 1: It was actually really culture number eleven. We call it two.
Speaker 2: When she came out, and at two in that fucking blue number, you better fuck off.
Speaker 1: Mike Nichols could never I said in the theater. I was in the sixth do I said fuck off off? But I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh, can we just share something? So Matt and I went to a screening of Two Big Dicks, Two Big Dicks, Josh Sharp and Air and Jackson's that was upcoming a twenty four musical. Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: There is a line in there.
Speaker 3: It doesn't really matter what the context is, but someone yells at Josh, you know what, fuck off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's powerful, very powerful phrase, very off. I have a shirt that says it. Thank you HBO's succession marketing team for sending that in a big box. Listen back to the guest. This is someone who I have. I'm sort of a conflicting right now because like I love the guest, the guest is one of my favorite people on Earth.
Speaker 1: The guest has put me in the book. The guest has put you in the book.
Speaker 2: You're in the book too, but only just mentions. Show with Bowen Yang and Matt Rodgers was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Then you know what he said, which I really appreciated, saft Fire Island, I know, which was really really cute, really.
Speaker 1: Cute, which I think perfect reveal.
Speaker 2: And then he said, I hope that people don't come to Fire Island as a result of this, And we want to echo that statement.
Speaker 3: We don't come. Call me, Kamala, do not come. In the words of Kamala Harris, do not come.
Speaker 2: It's ruler culture number thirty three and the words of Kamala Harris, do not come.
Speaker 1: We want to thank our vice president for being so welcoming.
Speaker 2: Now let's discuss our guests our guest, I mean author, talk show host, produce, sir like maker of culture and isn't that what this is all about?
Speaker 1: This podcast? Bowing up? Absolutely. We feel really honored in his presence.
Speaker 3: Also really Serene too, lovely man, easy to talk to me, easy to.
Speaker 1: Talk to no living novel.
Speaker 3: The hosts radio Andy, you host Watch what Happens live exactly, producer of every Housewives you took. It's not it's not, it said, uplifting, Please welcome into your ears, Andy Cohen. It's something I just taped a show, Watch what Happens?
Speaker 1: Yes? Who were the guests? The first show was the Jonas brothers.
Speaker 4: Oh, and the second show was Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steam Oh my godal love goals.
Speaker 1: Two high watted shows. Oh yeah wow really?
Speaker 2: So did the Joe birls sort of come in with any Bravo knowledge or is that sort of new?
Speaker 4: I asked the at the top, there was this scene from what's that movie?
Speaker 1: They didn't.
Speaker 4: Where Sina she delivers the pizza, And I said, do you know who this woman is? And then and Kevin Jonas knew his wife and everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Kevin gets it. I mean they get it all.
Speaker 4: Lovely boys, Yeah, lovely boys, very sweet. They said they regret.
Speaker 1: The chastity rings. Well I would too, yeah, but it's like a fun yes, yeah, you know. Yeah. Well then they came back so fucking horny they did. They can't.
Speaker 2: And then remember when Nick was like learning with the gay community for a second, and then they had him speak at Stonewall?
Speaker 1: Remember that? Why are you putting him up there? Oh my god?
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I remember once Nick was on the show years ago, early in the run of Watch What Happens Life, when we did an experiment for about a year where Sandra.
Speaker 1: Bernhard was gonna be my Andy Rooney if you get.
Speaker 4: There, and once a week on Thursday, she came out and did a segment called Sandrology where she would come out and do a rant. I was like, I want to give you two minutes at the end of every Thursday episode say whatever you want whatever. So she would come out and do it, and the guests would sit there in stun silence because they didn't know what was happening, certainly Nick Jonas. And so then we kept Sandra for the after show and she's sitting at the bar quipping and quipping her thing, and she says to Nick Jonas, where do you live, honey? And he said, Chelsea, He said, I really love it there and she said, oh honey, I bet.
Speaker 1: They love you. And it was and he didn't get it and it was so great, was so young. Yeah, he did really get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he gets it now and that's why he doesn't do all that right Preanca, Oh.
Speaker 3: Wait, can I share something please? I think I'm allowed to.
Speaker 1: Share those, okay.
Speaker 3: Insider April twenty twenty. We're all locked up at home. Esen l is like, we got to do these at home shows. Then in your sketches, Juleo Torres and I are like, do we write a sequel to Sarah Lee? Let's see if Nick Jonas is available. We hear Nick Jonas is interested in being in sketches, Okay, we write him a whole sequel to Starily called Chef Boyard.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Great, and it's like filthy, filth.
Speaker 2: Filthy and gay and the original for people that don't know, it's Harry Styles.
Speaker 3: Social media intern at Sarily. He kind of mixes up his account wreck me King.
Speaker 1: Full Circle.
Speaker 3: Nick Jonas is in that one. Yes, an Instagram for and so basically we sent it to him. As people got back to us, they said Nick is very sensitive to queer baiting, and which totally which we love. I mean that's growth, you know. Yes, yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Down with Nick doing a little queer baiting too.
Speaker 2: I would love just a little bit of queer baiting, show a little peak of butt, show a little peak of button.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing.
Speaker 2: It's like, I'm not going to say I'm above this. Okay, I've been a gay man for a very long time. I have done the thing where I google celebrity named shirtless. Right, let's just say when you do that with him, there's no shortage now, treasure tro Yes.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: I asked him actually about two hours ago why he stopped with the shirtless and he said it was too exhausting and to maintain it. And I didn't know if he meant maintaining his body or maintaining the postings. But also he said that he didn't like it because what people would think about was the shirtless and not the music.
Speaker 2: We got your own music that you gotta be thinking about the music. I mean, they have good music, which also gets lost.
Speaker 3: I'm a sucker, one of us good and like that this album is like leaning into dad rock.
Speaker 1: It's very yacht rocky. Yes, love yacht rock.
Speaker 2: Wait, speaking of yacht rock, one of my favorite things, and that's this isn't even yacht rock really, because I don't. I think that Jimmy Buffett actually defies characterization. But Jimmy Buffett appears so much in the book. He does I'm like a parrothead from both my dad like he's a huge part. I actually have a Jimmy Buffett vintage concert t shirt from like eighty one. Oh my god that my dad had some of my prize possessions. And Jimmy Buffett appears so much in your book. Do you have a relationship with Jimmy Buffett.
Speaker 4: You know, I met I'm really good friends with Jane Buffett, who is one of the coolest people you will ever meet. She is like the greatest hostess and the hangs at their.
Speaker 1: House are really good.
Speaker 4: I bet and I had to kind of restrain myself from really going into it in the book, but she is so cool. But there is a funny story in the book where I went out to dinner with them one night in Segharbor and yeah, I'm POWs with them, and I'm buddies.
Speaker 1: With Jimmy and I love him.
Speaker 4: And we went to get froyo after, and I was kind of explaining to him how froyo works at the wasn't hand of sixteen handles now with Budaberry and sag Harbor on Main Street? And so I do a Q and A with my audience every night before watch What Happens Live. Two weeks later, someone raises their hand and says, I just want you to know. This isn't a question, it's just a comment. I saw you at Buddha Berry helping your dad get and I just wanted you to know how sweet you were being with your dad. I go, that wasn't my jet, my dad, that was Jimmy fucking Buffett. So I told I called Jane. I go, this is the funniest story. She goes, oh my god, you gotta tell Jimmy that. I go, well, is he gonna think it's funny? She goes, Jimmy's gonna die. You gotta tell. So she told him, And then every time I see him now, he calls me son and I call him down.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 2: I cool, dad, that's cool. It's actually a really coacher Number eighty Jimmy Buffett is a cool day. I have so much knowledge or dream Buffet from one of these. Like the songs you know by heart, I really know them by heartache, yes, hard.
Speaker 3: I feel like over the years you have not fully excavated this, like it's always like just.
Speaker 1: Underneath the surface.
Speaker 4: Well, my father ever in the Hampton's, I'm bringing you you know.
Speaker 2: You know the one time I went to the Hampton's last year for a wedding. You know who I ran into at a restaurant, Ramona singer. Oh boy, who doesn't know who I am?
Speaker 1: But I was. She doesn't know who anybody she barely knows who.
Speaker 2: I doesn't Right, I was walking by the hostess then where she was waiting, and she looks at me and she kind of goes hi, And I was like, big fan him.
Speaker 1: I'm like, not right. She goes, oh, that's very sweet, thank you so much. That's good. Well, what's very sweet? Strong.
Speaker 4: Ramona is always on brand, which I actually love about. Yeah, there's a moment in the book where she asked me if I'm going to Teresa's wedding. She texted me, are you going to Teressa's wedding and I went to Montana that weekend and I said, no, I'm going to Montana.
Speaker 1: She said, I've always wanted to go there.
Speaker 4: And I said, Ramona, did you go there in your Season four trip when a Viva had asthma and she's she goes, oh my god, I think you're right.
Speaker 1: I totally forgot. I'm like, yeah, wow. Bowen ran into her one time on the street.
Speaker 3: I ran into her one time in the street. It's just like six years ago. I was walking home from work. She'd just come out of a van with like three other women walking into like I want to say, like Balthazar or something. Okay, yeah, okay, but go on. But I just I did the thing where it's like can I get a pick? I knew what I was dealing with. Yes, I was ship to the pleasantry. There was no turn down.
Speaker 1: Oh she was. She did it, but she but like quick, do it quick, do it quick.
Speaker 3: It was it was do it quick, and then and then the smile for the camera and then then I said, thank you, dust.
Speaker 2: Yes, I love having these leg Well now it's different because I think we obviously they know who you are. I've been on watch what happens. I have a bunch they may know who I am, but like now you meet them and it's a little bit different. But back in the day when that could happen, Like I have a couple favorite interactions, which was okay. One time Garstuth came on this podcast, it was virtual. She was lovely. We had a really good episode. Are you close with her? Because it seems like.
Speaker 1: I really liked her? I really like her. She's amazing. Yeah, she is excellent. Y, Yes, she's really good.
Speaker 2: Because I was listening to like I was reading the book and it was funny because a lot of the events that you have Garselen Rena at like they're together.
Speaker 1: And then it must have turned in the moment.
Speaker 4: What was interesting is they spoke at my Hollywood Star and there was a whole thing that happened around that, because that was three days before I got my star in Hollywood, or two days before they returned from Aspen where the Kathy Hilton thing happened, and all of a sudden, it's all on TMZ what happened. There's all these allegations and we're like, who is leaking at and Rinn is calling me saying I got to bring this up on the show.
Speaker 1: It didn't happen on camera, but I have to bring it up and all.
Speaker 4: This stuff, and I was like, look, you do what you gotta do, you know, say your piece, you know, And I was saying to her, I just you know, think about the optics, think about if this is going to land for you, but do whatever you want to do. But it was so wild because we were trying to figure out who from the cast was leaking.
Speaker 1: Hit also have to be one of them.
Speaker 4: Me Garcel were not in a good place at that moment, and there they are getting up to represent all the housewives at My Star thing and this Kathy Hilton thing was happened.
Speaker 3: It was very fraud When someone comes to you like that, like like whenever Renna comes to you like that, it's like I am intent on doing this thing and you have to let me do it or whatever. Now that they're asking you permission, right, what do you think is the missing thread for them?
Speaker 1: Like what do you want to tell them?
Speaker 4: And be like we know sometimes with that one, I was like, look, do whatever you you know, she felt very strongly about it. She was very upset, and I said, do what you want to, but I remember saying to her, Look, the perception is that you're going after everybody, and so I just don't know how this is going to land.
Speaker 1: Yeah, basically, but do you? Yeah? And then how it did totally? Well that yeah, very pression of you, because backfir totally.
Speaker 2: I was shocked when actually went as deep into it on that reunion as they did, When Erica was.
Speaker 1: Like, well, Kathy, you called the guy a fagot.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was like, and then at that point you're kind of like, well, why would they go there, why would she bring that word into it? If that did not happen. I don't see a world where Erica just makes that up where Erica says the word faggot on television for no reason. It's that diabolical, which I just don't believe Erica is. I'm coming or back around on Erica Jane, and my thing is like, I'm really looking forward to and I know you cannot confirm or deny, but a more fun Beverly Hill season like.
Speaker 5: I would season was pretty great. Excuse me, no, no, I mean not listening on. Can I just say that's not what I'm maybe this is my rant? Yeah, Well, I have two little rants.
Speaker 4: One is it's so upsetting as a producer of the show that, first of all, it's a balancing act because everybody's passion is what fuels these shows and it's so great. But as a producer, you want to save what is happening for you know, you want people to find out on the show. It's so fun watching Succession and not knowing what's going to happen, and you know, there's so many leaks, and every time the cast is out filming, it's like online, Oh, they were arguing about something.
Speaker 1: Sometimes it's right, sometimes it's wrong.
Speaker 4: What I don't like is that half the time the response is, oh, this season looks so boring. It's like, well, you don't know what's happening. But I feel that Beverly Hills for years got a bad rap. As you know, nothing's happening, Why are we still talking about it?
Speaker 1: It's slow? And then last season, which was drama pack, it really was.
Speaker 4: Every episode it was shocking, it was sensational, and now you're saying, no, no, no, why can't we have a little fun?
Speaker 1: They get along? I feel about Atlanta. I want them to get along better.
Speaker 2: I would agree, I mean, what I'm saying about Beverly Hills is it was very dark and the way it ended with being the way it was, I.
Speaker 1: Was so upset, very upset.
Speaker 4: There was a moment where Garcelle turned to me at the reunion and this may be in the book, and kind of it was while Kathy and Kyle were and she kind.
Speaker 1: Of mouthed to me, like, what are we doing something like that? And it was.
Speaker 4: And when there's when there's ship with sisters or sister in laws, whatever, you know, that's when you sit there and think, oh man, this is but I understand what you're saying about fun.
Speaker 1: We love that.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, I mean we our favorite right now. I texted you this is the housewivese in Miami.
Speaker 4: I we scream love it. It's so when Audreyana, first of all, when she squeaks, squeak, squeaked the wheelchair coming.
Speaker 2: Did you add that in?
Speaker 1: You had a really good question. You know, we don't love sound effects.
Speaker 4: Okay, then and we take I always put in my notes take that out. But I don't know that's I believe you, Ques, But if that's sticking with you, then I believe that it's real. And that's hilarious, so funny. But also what about Audreyana's letter from Marisol's liver.
Speaker 1: I mean that I reached out. It was did we talk about that.
Speaker 2: I reached out to you, like I need you next time I'm in the clubhouse, see that friend.
Speaker 4: It's sitting It's sitting on my it's sitting on my desk at home. It con no, it's going to be a Bravo con it has to.
Speaker 1: I took it. I was like, I need this.
Speaker 4: But what you need to know about that was I had just spent solidly twenty minutes half hour trying to negotiate a peace between Marisol and Adriana, and we kind of got there. Audriana then says one more thing. I have this and I'm like, oh, okay, and I open it and I'm like, what, oh, this is bad because I see who it's from, Marissol's liver.
Speaker 1: I'm like, but I have to say that.
Speaker 4: I remember going home that night, I popped my edible of choice, which is a Chiba Chuu ten milligram sativa, which gets me exactly the right high every time.
Speaker 1: And I want you to protect your voice. You are a singer. You need it.
Speaker 4: Move to the edibles. This isn't working out for you. So it's find your high and stay with it. The great thing about an edible is you find your dose and then it's there and it gets you the same high everything regular I was.
Speaker 2: We were with Ben Platt the other night at the Muna concert and he says to me because he was whispering because he has to be in parade, and I was like, I just realized why you're whispering. And I was like, it's such a bummer when i have to get ready to torn stuff and I'm going to record soon because I love weed and he loves weed, right, And then he said to me, well, you know, it's not the smoking that drives you out, it's actually the THHC itself. What So, even when you do an edible and that's from Ben Platt, best singer in the world.
Speaker 4: My mom is so upset that I am not married to bet. To Ben it is all. She's like, why can't you marry Ben? And she's met the mother. I mean, it's like.
Speaker 2: He's one of my favorite people. Like that we've gotten to meet through this, that's great. Like he's become a genuine friend to us. I love Noah, and I would say, have you gotten to see parades? Noah, No, Galvin Beyonce kidding? Yeah, yeah, yeah, have you seen parades?
Speaker 1: Haven't?
Speaker 3: I need to seeing it next Thursday. Oh shit, I have to give up my ticket. Oh I have to be in London though.
Speaker 1: Ticket. We're going to London to see Beyonce. When are you singing Renaissances? You know what? My summer concert is Madonna.
Speaker 2: Because I'm so old, I'm such a I don't have tickets yet, but I want you know what, I haven't Met Life aversion.
Speaker 1: Oh wow? Do you understand it is?
Speaker 4: It is literally a trap. If you don't leave at the right time, you will be there.
Speaker 1: Believe doing that. Twice I left. There's a moment in the book.
Speaker 4: I went and saw McCartney at Met Life and we left Ticky and I. I made him leave and we braced out of there and we missed the encore. He did a duet with a John Lennon on the screen like yeah, but and I was like, you know.
Speaker 1: What, okay, but whatever I mean.
Speaker 3: It's like we went to we went to Gaga and then we walk all that we had to walk past.
Speaker 1: It's so bad. It's so bad.
Speaker 3: The only place the work took us up was on the side of the highway literally.
Speaker 2: And then I remember when I saw Taylor do reputation. I mean, we love a rain show in the moment, yes, pouring after it it was a night mare.
Speaker 1: And then we're going to see eras.
Speaker 4: How'd you get your tailor tickets? And went on hard time for my niece. I just I just paid too much for them, Okay is the answer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, before we asked you the question, I did sort of wanted to get into it with you about the way I come up in your book because we had agreed to sleep under the rug.
Speaker 1: What happened one.
Speaker 2: Evening in April twenty twenty two when I made my debut on Watch it Happen.
Speaker 1: Your Clubhouse debut? And who were you on with Aaron Huger the Goron?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeahwe that was a layup for you. I want you to know I got my call that that was going to happen. I was in the makeup trailer for I Love That for You, Yeah, and I like, I think, turned to Molly Yeah and was like, I'm going to be on because they know what I Love That for you As a huge Housewive set. Yes, so everyone loves it, Vanessa Ma. Yeah, so like I'm like, I'm going to be on with Karen Huger. It was like a moment I almost got like emotional about love because I love Karen so much. So then they say we want you to do an I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I had just seen an episode of New Jersey where I think Gia over stepped.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, and let me say twenty one.
Speaker 2: Year old Gias yes, yes, yes, So who's in a full beat in a confessional?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yes? And can I ask you does that mean getting paid or no?
Speaker 3: Umm?
Speaker 1: I cannot confirm her tonight? Got it?
Speaker 2: So getting paid and getting into it with Joe Gorga, and you see her as an adult, and I see her as here's what I see her as. I see her as a player on the show, right, And so the way she's getting into it and the way that I know Teresa will act if anyone engages with her, and that to me is illegal. That's an illegal move in Housewives is for me to bring my daughter into it. And then you can see in Joe Gorga's eyes like are you actually doing this for your mother? And are we going to get into it? Am I going to be the uncle? It's gonna have to set you right on television. So I went on watch What Happens Live and with my I don't think so, honey, I did, I don't think so honey, Gia Judeace.
Speaker 4: It was savagely funny, It was shocking, it was surprising, it was very pointed, and I had a lot of emotion behind it. And I was like, I had my cards in front of me. I was recusing myself. I said, the views expressed here do not represent you know. Whatever shook Karen was shook. And by the way, after a triumphant debut performance on the show from You and so I walked into the control room and my executive producer, who's such a good deardr. She's a really good just gauge gauge for things. And sometimes, you know, I'll go in and I'll be like, was I too pervy tonight? And She'll be like, yes, you were so gross and then we you know, and so I was like we was that to my like what do you you know? Because I was worried about the call I was going to get from Sia, So like that's my daughter, what are you doing? And I understand that she's twenty one, but you know, she's still a kid in our eyes, and yeah, exactly and very cool. So we were sitting there, we were like, what are we going to do? And we were on tape that day and we went in. I went into Math's dressing room and I said, listen, I think that was a little too much, and here's my concern. And he were so cool, and you thought of something different, which was Evan Goldschneider.
Speaker 1: Is the hottest house ratio. And we went in he.
Speaker 4: From his brain did another brilliant rant and he was so professional and we were all so blown away, and we were also so you know, and I was worried that he was gonna then blast me on the pod.
Speaker 1: Never like we made him change. I was going to go with that.
Speaker 4: So then I guess, yeah, I did put it in the you put it in the book in the book, but I put it in as a compliment to you because it was he was. It really elevated you in my eyes.
Speaker 1: It did well. They said you were in the book.
Speaker 2: I was like, what does he say in the book, And then I realized that's the thing, and I was floored because I thought the GA thing was lost the time.
Speaker 1: But I'm happy that it's out there now.
Speaker 3: It's out there because that's how I feel, and they don't have to know what you said necessarily. Yeah, but see, okay, but on the subject is like this, I'm gonna get a call from Teresa about this. Yes, I'm kind of shocked to learn that, like, these women are really texting you every damn day. There.
Speaker 1: I tried to.
Speaker 4: Put a lot of the inane stuff in there so that people could see. But I also think it's so funny. I think I think it's hilarious, and I only put shots of it, and I mean, yeah.
Speaker 3: Of course, but it's like I didn't realize the jockeying was this jockeying. But like, I feel like it's so interesting that you that they have this direct line to you where you are kind of brokering like their livelihoods in a way.
Speaker 4: You know, the ones that have been on the longest, I have the closest relationship to and feel the most there are I would say most of the new women. If we're in contact, it's on DM or it's very ginger or cursory. There's a moment where I'm super high walking through the parking lot before a dead In Company show where John Mayer has just asked me if I want to introduce the band Wow, which is like a huge fantasy, and I'm super high and I was really and I started to get nervous and my heart's beating.
Speaker 1: Vicky starts texting me.
Speaker 4: This is a Friday night in New York City in the summer. She starts texting me going nuts that she said, I heard you were talking about my stance on vaccines on the show and how dare you and all this stuff. And I was like, Vicky, I was talking about something that you said is in Ultimate Girls Trip.
Speaker 1: It's on TV. I wasn't putting you on blast whatever.
Speaker 4: And We're getting into it and I'm really high, and then finally I said, listen, I'm in a Grateful Dead show at a dead End Company show. We will deal with this on Monday. And she goes, oh, I love the Grateful Dead. Talk to you later, have fun, honey, And I'm like, Okay, that's not It's like so so real often that you have to put it in there, you know.
Speaker 3: I just that's perfect to anecdote because I feel like, please just go with this, okay, But I feel like you and Laura are very similar in this way where you do have to like Lorne, I think thinks of us as his children, and I feel like you. I don't know if it's quite that same, like you know, level of family, Like I mean, Michaels is Louren Michaels, so but we're not all texting him every day being like put me in this in a sketch, you know, like yes, like you know, listen, I produced a show about women with no boundaries. I remember years ago when kind of when texting was starting.
Speaker 1: I mean it was really it was.
Speaker 4: It was it had already started, but Gretchen Rossi and Slade Smiley would text me at all hours go back with me on Orange count do you yeah?
Speaker 1: I'm not quite okay anyway.
Speaker 4: And I would be like, what, it's one in the morning in New York, what is happening?
Speaker 2: But then they don't know that either, And I would imagine that because that was the first one and then it's New York, it probably gets easy. Like I would imagine that, like if there's like a franchise of women you're the least close with it's like probably Salt Lake in Dubai.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, because the boundary is now estab exactly. Yes, you know something different.
Speaker 3: Yes, you've hit critical mass in terms of letting these people have access right right right like like like right like you have to like put the rope up.
Speaker 4: If there's some major trauma happening or something bad, I'll be like, here's my number. I remember last year Heather Gay was going through a really hard time and I was talking to her before watch What Happens Live and listen. It's hard being a housewife. Everyone's judging every fucking thing and whatever. And I gave her my number and I said, listen, call me if you ever need to, like me to talk you off the legs, because this isn't as bad as you think, right, you know whatever, But that's a situation where you want to be available.
Speaker 3: Yes, right before we ask the question, I think I should clear up something.
Speaker 1: Who love it we clear this up before man?
Speaker 3: I went on Happens and Gay Yeah, yeah, I just went in being like I think I had suspected thought I was mad at you. I thought you were mad at me, and from the show I was like, I haven't been asked back, it's been you know, a year and a half in change, and was right.
Speaker 1: I think Andy hates me.
Speaker 3: I think I think I offhandedly used the word I might be like probably a L O L band on the pod.
Speaker 1: Of course New York Post Picks page six picks.
Speaker 4: Well, but go back before that, Okay, So yes, yes, what I said, I maybe like in a different analogous way to Matt was very excited to bed.
Speaker 1: I was on during like Monique Samuel, and I was laid around with Candice. Think about that.
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow, touch points touch points Monique. Anyway, she was in front of her aquarium.
Speaker 1: That you were on. She loves an exotic animal.
Speaker 4: You were on remotely during COVID in the immediate of the it was the immediate aftermath, excuse me, of George Floyd was about So this this context is very important. Of course, it was about a week or two after George Floyd, so we were all on high alert. And I was quizzing Bowen on his Housewives opinions, hot takes, and he declared that Ramona Singer was like a KKK.
Speaker 3: Race white white supremacist, right, And with that George Floyd context, I feel like those words were being thrown around a lot.
Speaker 1: Listen. Yeah, no, it's fine. Here's the thing.
Speaker 4: We wound up editing it out of the course because of it was right after George Floyd and everything was so electric. Ye, we just didn't need the narrative to be expressed. And then what was I saying to that? And so we cut it out, and I think you tweeted when the episode airs, they cut out me saying you know whatever, And I think you might have tweeted one other thing and I can't remember what it was. But so, yeah, we were a little salty about it because we were also kind of trying to protect you and her and whatever and just trying to put something in the thing. So then you said on the pod at some point you thought you were banned, and then that got picked up. I think maybe you were on pause.
Speaker 3: I say, we saw Durinda at the out one hundred event.
Speaker 1: Oh but and this is not this is just her.
Speaker 3: She kept she kept bringing that, She kept using that phrase people, I'm on pause, I'm on pause, I'm on pose.
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, so, like this is just a litimate girl Sade.
Speaker 4: Glanville saying you were fired Like that was so, I mean ultimate girl. It was my absolute fantasy and I absolutely loved it calling those women and getting to tell yeah, it was so great. I called Brandy Glanville. She's like, what did I do? I go, Brandy, going.
Speaker 1: To offer you a job?
Speaker 4: She's like, what it was so happy. Anyway, that's the backstory with Bowen.
Speaker 1: Perfect. Yes, I want to apologize.
Speaker 4: You already did nothing. It was in the context of that moment, you know what I mean totally yes, it was just an electric moment.
Speaker 3: Of course, and I just it's that thing where you go, oh, I might have like completely alienated myself from this thing.
Speaker 1: That I love.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, oh, you know, sorry, no, no, no, it's and it's nobody's fault, and like you would have gotten a call from Ramona, and honestly, I was.
Speaker 4: It would have been I think getting a call from Ramona would have been the least because it maybe you know, it probably would have been picked up all over it just at that moment in time. Of course, it was just the moment.
Speaker 2: Well, this all being said, Romona was absolutely brutal ones And I also think, like it's funny because you talk about the last season of New York, and I want to ask you about the new seas.
Speaker 4: You see in the book, the evolution of that plan, and yes, and so I always felt watching that last season of Ronnie, which I thought actually started strongly people give it credit or I remember when the first episode came on, I was like, Oh, thank god, these are the funniest one.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. And then I think, like, when you have the five of them and it was only five of them together and it's people as varying as Leah and Ebony and Lou and Sonya and Ramona, it's like if all you have is really to sit with each other because you can't talk to anyone during COVID, and you're all so not even just disparate on the issues you like, ideologically in terms of like the level of capability to discuss the issues, you're never gonna get there. I always felt like I would have loved to have seen more of a chance to bond with women that were like minded, because while I think of the conflict, but now it's like, you know, we've moved on and we have the new women, which I'm like, really.
Speaker 4: Because they're friends, because they are friends. Also, you know, I want to say that that was rough. That season got so much heat and people were so upset about exactly I love that show, like I guess, yes, you know, but we were at a real fork in the road with Ronnie and there was there was a lot going on and it was really unclear how to proceed, and I, you know, look, I just thought that was the best plan to do a legacy and do a brand new Rony. And the thing about the brand new Rony and I love it and it's new. It's a new show, and it's so I think it's gonna be I just want people to watch it.
Speaker 1: It's hard to watch it. It's and not think about.
Speaker 4: But where's Sonya and where's the you know, it's like, it's a totally different show. Now there will be Roney Legacy. There will be good news coming out about that. Also, I want to say.
Speaker 1: You guys, welcome to Crappy Lake.
Speaker 4: And you guys, I've only seen four episodes it is. I watched them all. I have nothing to do with the show. I didn't develop it, I have nothing to do with it. I have no stake in the game except that I love these women. It is like the simple life. It's the menopausal simple life, okay, and they are every moment is giveable, the ship coming out of both of their mouths, and I don't want to betray it is a comedy like no other. I called them all the next day. I was like, I'm blown away my mind. It is spectacular. So you will get some of the fun of Ronny from those two and it's small and I think we're.
Speaker 1: Good, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: I honestly when when that press release came out about the decision, but right by the way, I think I even texted like the group chat that day and I was like, oh, Andy's a genius, Like this is a genius thing, and it's so funny to hear like the housewives find out the same time as everyone else.
Speaker 1: We had to well that was in the book.
Speaker 4: I talked about that we had to let all of the Roney women know, like one minute before we divided and conquered and we're like texting them. And the night before, Lou had been on Watch What Happens Live and in the middle in a commercial break, she was like, so, what's happening with the show, darl We need to talk like and I was like, Okay, let's talk tomorrow at two because I knew that at two o five the thing was Kay.
Speaker 1: I was like, little does she though we do have news here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but the Roney cast is they are the biggest leakers. And that's what happened with the Roney Legacy contracts. It was like they were all leaking shit about the thing, and then we wound up pulling the d.
Speaker 1: We were like, you know what, we can't do this, like.
Speaker 2: You're gonna laugh. We were in Miami for New Year's which is why we couldn't join. I wanted to do on with it, which would have been a blast, but we had plans to go to Miami and we were on vacation. And who was there but Ali's Aaron right in a sea of game men, like it's a sea of gay men.
Speaker 3: Her husband or something. I don't know, my friend. I don't know, maybe if from a guy that she was with, like a straight guy. Think so I think she was there with the header.
Speaker 2: She It was just very funny and so we were talking to her and I was I was like, what's going on with Legacy? And she's like, well, you know, they got to offer Bravo money up he cock money, and I almost wanted.
Speaker 1: To tell her like, don't push that. Take what they're going to offer.
Speaker 2: But I was, of course in Miami and on substances, and I couldn't get into it with aliment. But I remember going to Crosside and being like, oh, they're going to fuck that up.
Speaker 4: Up.
Speaker 1: That's funny.
Speaker 2: Well anyway, like wait, vander Pump, vander Pump. Okay, So in what's going on with all of this? Because I think this is the craziest ship that's ever happened on Bravo. Maybe we have Sandoval here and Ariana, So when you are thinking of them as people in your life that you've known now for over ten years, like when you hear this has happened, what is the process? Is it like, oh my god, this show is about to explode? Or is it initially like what the fuck?
Speaker 1: Like? Who do you techt?
Speaker 4: My initial the executive producer texted me the morning after the famous Sena and Raquel appearance on Watch What Happens.
Speaker 1: Live, which is also surreal. It happened that night.
Speaker 4: I had the Tom Tom sweatshirt in my home and he texted and said, you will never believe but this all came out last night.
Speaker 1: I was like what And I called him.
Speaker 4: And I called Alex Basket and I said and I was like, where are the camera? But my first reaction was I couldn't believe it and where the camera?
Speaker 1: Like what are we doing? How are we covering this?
Speaker 4: And they were and that was my first reaction, and I was like, Okay, who's booked on watch What Happens Live next week?
Speaker 1: And we were gonna pull I can't remember.
Speaker 4: What it was, but I was like, we need a pump person and we need to be live, and then it was we had been toying with having Jackson and so and then we were like, oh my god, Jacks would be so great to comment.
Speaker 1: And then we said, you know what, he's not the.
Speaker 4: First one we want to hear from. So then we called vander Pump and said come on. And it was really good that she was on. She was the first voice.
Speaker 1: She seemed like the president.
Speaker 4: She did it really they were all die yes, and she also was very good at She and I talked beforehand and I said, I think we need to kind of let the steam out of everybody because I was worried because these are real people and I was just making sure, like have we offered them the show a psychologists?
Speaker 1: Are we you know what I mean? Like, how is their mental health?
Speaker 4: Because this is not only going on in their lives, but fans are coming for them with like torchins, and so you do have to think about that. And you know, Santoval's from Saint Louis, my hometown, so I always had this vibe with him. Yeah, and people were like why do you And by the way, I follow him on Instagram. He's from Saint Louis and everyone was like, why are you still following him? And I was like, if I unfollow him, then it becomes a story. And it's like on page six hen followed. So it's like, just calm down.
Speaker 3: Did you hear about the show on Monday? Yeah, bummer or just a bummer that it seemed some messn L people went right?
Speaker 4: Did he changed the lyrics or was it a bummer that a lot of people were.
Speaker 3: There from the accounts that were getting or that it was sparsely attended? Oh it was And then the people who were there were there like shouting.
Speaker 2: And here's my thing is it's like I'm fifty to fifty on that because it's like people becauseever they want, if they want to go. But my thing is that I'm sure should happen is that he should cancel the shore and that to me he speaks that speaks to me to a larger Tom Sandoval thing. And I always liked Sandaval and what I saw of him. I think that he needs to really assess the fact and realize the fact that he is in our assist and that he has tendencies that keep putting them out.
Speaker 4: But by the way, Vanderbumper rules is a stupot full of narciss But I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if textbook like the actual definition of me.
Speaker 1: Get into that.
Speaker 4: Almost at every Housewives reunion, someone says you're a narcissist, and I say, we're all narcissists. The cameras are there and we're in front of that's not And then someone says this is the definition. I'm like, oh, you're right, Like Donald Trump is a narcissist, and.
Speaker 1: I think that this is part of what maybe you're saying. Also he's not for sure.
Speaker 4: But also conversely, what I always say to housewives who are in the middle of something where people are really mad at them, I always say, get off Twitter, because this doesn't exist outside of Twitter, because when you're on the street and you're at your most hated, I guarantee people are trying to come up to you and.
Speaker 1: Talk to you.
Speaker 4: Now, I don't know what people are saying to Tom Sandoval, but like I also, and this is in the book, I hated it that Lisa Rinna got booed at Bravocan. I'm like, you guys, she showed up, you know, and so I just thought that was I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, yeah, I mean I think that's what kind of makes it like the stand in for the soap an ugly way kind of because we're invested in the minutia of their lives, and then when someone does something villainous, because every show needs one, they occupy an actual villain space in our minds, and then they are real.
Speaker 1: Ultimately it's not Erica Kaine, yes, but it's also.
Speaker 3: Doing this thing where like the water cooler moment gets split into two and it works at like what's on the show with airing and what's like happening at the concurrently in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and on social media, which has to be a very weird thing to deal with. It's like I remember watching the Beverly Hills reunion, and it felt like we had to talk about so many things that happen in social media, and it's almost like they don't really have answers because it's also like you get the sense that not every woman on these shows necessarily knows how to do or handle social media, like the Diana Jenkins of it all like that, But Diana Garcel thing was just so frustrated to watch because it was just like, I don't think you can even not literally but not no, you're not speaking the same language here, and so that made it frustrating. But anyway, we can't wait to see the It's just surreal to watch these these scenes of Arianna so fervently like go in for her friends, you know what I mean. She's she's such a good person and she rides so hard for Tom and Raquel, and to watch them just lie to her face. It's like with Tom Sandival, it just has to be narcissism and he just can't necessarily like get out of his own way.
Speaker 1: And I think Raquel, you know, she just she's just lost styleless. She just needs she needs to assess. But I'm sure this is coming. Is she she.
Speaker 3: Posted a photo of her like in front of some beautiful castle, Scottish castle.
Speaker 1: I'm not happy that she's at the castle.
Speaker 3: Me too.
Speaker 2: So Andy, We're going to ask you the central question that we asked every guest that roses through our studio here at last. Culture is thus and that is what is the culture that made you say culture is for me? This is a formative pop culture that made Andy Cohen, Andy Cohen.
Speaker 1: All my children, Yes, I know all my children.
Speaker 4: I was on Live with Kelly and Mark yesterday and Ken Jennilliam, Haley Matteo. I played against them in and All my Children Jeopardy. All the whole board was on my time. I cleaned up. I won so heartily.
Speaker 1: Who was jennif from another planet? I know totally. I'm like the Glamorama.
Speaker 4: Who is Myrtle Farga and Grasp?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 4: Literally, I was wild and I was obsessed with that show.
Speaker 1: That was my gateway and I feel like it.
Speaker 4: Has informed everything about how I approached the Housewives. When we were developing The Housewives of Orange County, I was like, wait, they all go to the same tennis club. Okay, so this is local life, like in Pine Valley. They all went to the chateau. They all did this, and I found what I love about Orange County. I always refer to it as heritage storytelling. I think I maybe made it up, and it's just that our vault on Orange County is a seventeen year vault. So when Tamra says this coming season, which is a return.
Speaker 1: To form for Orange County, by the way.
Speaker 4: But when she says, you know, Ryan's had a rough time, we can flashback fifteen years to Ryan and his stepdad fighting and you understand. So like you know, on all my children, they had flashbacks going back twenty years when I married you, when I said, whatever, the flashbacks the returning characters give me Lori Waring stepping in in season ten and activating Vicky all over again because she married the rich guy.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 4: And I think that the housewives are the modern soap obray and I think that I always say when we part ways with a housewife, I always say, you will always be a housewife, You'll always be in this community, and we will call you back at the right moment. I promise you may think it's over right now, but we will bring you back into the game at some point, and it's I think it's cool for the viewers. I would love it on all my children. When Nina came back for a week for a wedding whatever it is.
Speaker 2: It could be like Kendall yes, Hand's daughter, Yes, and leave Sarah Michelle Geller and I'm back and someone else Esguel. But it's just so funny. We were in Disney World a couple of weeks ago and we were walking past.
Speaker 1: Guys have so much fun.
Speaker 3: I mean not You're literally going to Miami and talking about like the pool at the fucking what is it?
Speaker 1: Like Delana the Standard.
Speaker 4: I know, and I know, I listen, I have I have a lot of fun. I mean I now have two kids, so I trust me I have My fun is different.
Speaker 3: But it seems like he's bounced it so well, just wing from the book like oh so funny to read like went to Planet Pride.
Speaker 1: It was fun and I was like, yeah, yeah, yeah, I left some stuff out of that engine.
Speaker 2: Yeah I'm sure I think it's an entry. That evening is an entry. We all are spotty on yeah right.
Speaker 3: I got to say when Gallantis went on, I was on another planet.
Speaker 1: I think I was too.
Speaker 2: Well, we were walking in Disney World and there was a huge picture of Kelly and Mark, and every time I see them, I just think Kelly and Mattilla, And then I think, you're such close friends with Kelly and such a fan of all my children. Were you a friend of hers when she started on the show or was that?
Speaker 4: Like? I met her when she was off the show, and I had been such a big fan of hers, and I remember when she was trying out for the Kathy Lee replacement, and I was like, oh my god. And the first time I met her, I was a producer at CBS News. She was in the lobby of CBS on West fifty seventh Street waiting for someone something, and the Daytime Emmys had just happened and she had just lost to Heather Tom, who played Victoria.
Speaker 1: Newman on Young and the Restless.
Speaker 4: And I went up to her and I was like, first of all, you have to get to Kathy, and second of all, I hate that Heather Tom is a bet. She didn't deserve any word like I went crazy, and Kelly's like, hey guy, anyway. So then I saw her years later at Bryant Gumbele's Christmas party.
Speaker 1: It was fourteen years ago.
Speaker 4: We became fifteen, and I was like just licking her all over and Mark, and then we became friends, and I was like, I cannot believe I'm friends with these guys.
Speaker 2: Like that picture of them together, They're just glowing and shining, and I'm like, who would ever doubt that this is exactly what the show needs to do?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: And Mark is so so totally hot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he is so brutal, and like they are obviously Harry Jack right now, I would bet. And what I love about them is they're so obviously so into each other when they have banter all the time.
Speaker 1: But beyond that, you know what I love about them. They fuck like bunnies, Like they really do. They just do.
Speaker 4: And they've been together for it and they talk a long time and they talk about it and we talk about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love Yeah, I love You were saying that while we were walking past them, you were like, they're so hornyny f Yeah, they are free.
Speaker 1: That's one of my favorite things about them.
Speaker 2: And I remember I remember like being a little kid, like when my mother, I think I'd be homesick from school at some point, and like my mother would have All My Children on, and I remember there would be like steamy scenes between like Helly and Matteo. Those might have been like formative for me, all right, when I was like a little kid, didn't you also watch All My Children?
Speaker 3: It was one of the only English language shows that my mom would watch Wow in Montreal. We would get it in Canada, and like when we moved to America, like she would be like, I can hear her in her accent saying, all my children I.
Speaker 4: Have a fetish for. Basically, well, here's the thing. If I had to pick a category of porn, like early eighties, no just early eighties, the hairdoos and their bodies, and those guys on the soaps would.
Speaker 1: Wear Don diamont on Young and.
Speaker 4: The Restless, Michael Corbett on Young and the Restless, and they.
Speaker 2: From General Hospital. That's his name, Maurice Spur. I was never a big more e Spur, but I do. They would all wear speedos all the time.
Speaker 4: And that's where my speedo thing actually.
Speaker 1: Formative for all of us. Formative the soap.
Speaker 3: My blind spot is for all their soaks except Passions.
Speaker 4: Passion it was huge. Passions was a sci fi so it was it was keys. See.
Speaker 1: I was never a big NBC.
Speaker 2: So my mother had on the ABC ones because it was it all spoke to each other, like you could see the cross over between General and.
Speaker 1: All my children Valley.
Speaker 2: I just remember Eric Kane was like the biggest celebrity in our home, Erica Cannon, Drean Buffett, which is how I came to be.
Speaker 1: You're coming to the buffets with me? I would love you? Are you are? You have to let me know, like when you're coming to Hampton's and I'm gonna, I mean, that might be the reason I go to the hand.
Speaker 4: You know my Susan Lucci's story, No, I'm gonna tell it to you very quickly. It's in my first book, Most Talkative Stories from the front Lines of Pop Culture, which is my memoir.
Speaker 2: Do you usually have a brand that you sell like that's really am I.
Speaker 1: Usually super schilly? You know? I am sorry anyway? Love it.
Speaker 4: I am such a shill. I will drop any name. I'm such a shell. But what I love it. I'm waiting one day to like let my vault open because it's doors. But we're picking things up.
Speaker 1: A you probably have crazy.
Speaker 4: Shit, but you know what you I have a book in print, and I was trying a few years ago to get eighty to.
Speaker 1: Do a diary. I was like, I would love to know.
Speaker 4: She's so smart and funny and her observations are so good, such a good writer. And I was like, the diary format is, which is what my new book love. I love the diary format and it's inspired by the Andy Warhol diaries, which I loved when I was twenty, and I was like that came out and I was like, this is everything to me.
Speaker 1: But it is a license to drop names and talk about who you ran into and where you went, and it's like a dishy kibbetsy thing. I digress.
Speaker 4: I was in a newswriting and reporting class at Boston University. The assignment was interview a famous person. They said, shoot for the stars. I wrote letters to Sam Donaldson's publicist and Susan Lucci's publicist. I wrote, must have been the gayest letter to Susan Luci's publicist. Long story short. The publicist said, Susan will do this with you. I flew to New York. She was my first celebrity I ever met, and you need to know she was like my Madonna. Everything my first diva. Really, I mean Diana Ross was my first email, my first TV diva. She was everything. Flew to New York. She came out of the double doors at all my children. I was told to go in the lobby, miss Susan Lucci. You have a guest in the lobby. I'm like, they're just Paige Susan Lucci. She's Susan Lucci. Double doors, open, full length fur coat, red knit dressed, red, huge hoop earrings, huge mane of eighties hair, nineteen eighty nine.
Speaker 1: Oh you must be Andrew. I hope you like Mexican food because I'm taking you out to lunch. And there began a whole relationship and we are still. We are still really. Yes, she's a legend. A legend, I mean Murka Kane.
Speaker 2: Is the the soap she rus means.
Speaker 1: Can we call her a villain?
Speaker 4: She was? She has was very self centered. The twoth of the matter is she did some really mean shit. And during August, when I was on not a vacation with my kids because that doesn't exist, a trip with my kids in the Hampton's for three weeks, which just turned out.
Speaker 1: To be misery.
Speaker 4: I was going to bed every night, at like nine at night, I discovered there is a treasure trove Why I ever doubted it would exist on YouTube of eighties episodes in sequence of all my children and they they're all there, And I was watching watching Lucci's scenes. She's so good, and yeah she was. She was a villain.
Speaker 1: She was a bit.
Speaker 4: She was very self centered and said very nasty thing. She was on the show for what fifty years like that. I mean, so she had I guess that character had to like grow and change. It was a sadday. How did you get the number for the publicer?
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know. I think I called the ABC studio. I have no idea. Yeah, Jay Molford was the publisher the granularity of detail.
Speaker 4: I remember every moment, and I have the entire interaction with Lucci one hour on a cassette tape that I've changed. I have it all and once she was on my radio show and I played excerpts of it. It's so painful for me to listen to because I'm interrupting her at every second. I am gayer than any human being has ever been.
Speaker 1: But she she just went with it.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, I bet it's like hugely fun especially at that time, like you know what I mean, like where it feels like their relationships to fans was different, like nowadays it's like not happening that someone even gets contact. Now you could DM them, but that's like it comes to the whole and.
Speaker 1: Say, come on my YouTube thing on zoom, like wow, doctor Erica Kane, I guess I love it.
Speaker 2: I mean we DMed wendyof live while doing an episode of and.
Speaker 1: At the end of the episode and then it was a live booking. That's amazing. That's funny.
Speaker 3: What's the analog to like Warhol because I mean, like I'm sure people in the past have like compared it to like the Factory.
Speaker 1: Right, like, oh, that's funny.
Speaker 4: Well, I you know, I've said for years that I think war would be painting Housewives at some point or doing something. Yes, he was obsessed with making real people famous, and I think if you look at especially those early Orange County, it was a real sociological time capsule that show. And Tom Shales, in his review of season one of Orange County, said it was a bad review, but he said someday people will look at this as a sociological time capsule of the nouveau reach living in a certain moment in time in Orange County, and it's true, and all their kitchens were the same. Vicky had this big piece of like counter art that said Colliente on her island in her anyway.
Speaker 3: That's Tom Shale's speaking as like a true historian being yes, this is what it's gonna be like. But you talking about like the oh you can like cut back to something fourteen seventeen years ago. It's like a four D tapestry, is yeah, like oh you see it, like yeah, incredible.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: I think my favorite thing about it is that aspect and also the because I used to be years ago, I used to be that person who used to say I'll watch anything. I'm just never watching Housewise, right, I'm not maybe kind of that way about the Kardashian right.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: My thing is maybe that was a little bit of like internalized homophobia or something or like whatever it was. But then when I finally started watching it, I remember someone suggests it to me that I should start with Roney season seven when Bethany comes back. Okay, that was a great place to start from me because it was like happening in motion. It felt like the contemporary version of what it was at the time. And also Bethany was Bethany remembering.
Speaker 1: I forgot to text Bethany back. She was, do you rapid fire texting me this morning?
Speaker 4: Her texts are like about pow about.
Speaker 2: Anything relevant to our audience that you're texting with Bethany about.
Speaker 4: She texted me saying, I have the perfect cast for a legacy series.
Speaker 1: Text me, what do you think it is? Guess? Guess what do you think?
Speaker 2: And I was like on the view at the time, and speaking of the view of New York, I wanted to tell you this.
Speaker 1: I texted you this. I think though there did you say it came from me? He said, I didn't because I forgot who told me I drank.
Speaker 2: With her in the Bahamas? And right, I remember, what does she say when you pitched?
Speaker 4: I said someone, I said, I can't remember who, but it was someone of import because I knew it wasn't like a.
Speaker 5: I know who.
Speaker 1: Has strong opinions.
Speaker 4: That's what I said, said that you should be on Ronnie, and she said those girls.
Speaker 1: Couldn't handle me and that's why.
Speaker 4: But then she said, which is a good And then she said something like I'm conflict of her certain.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Here's exactly why it's not true.
Speaker 2: And this, I'm gonna tell you, this internut shell, is why she should be a housewife, because here's the thing, and you're talking with Bethany, and I almost feel like this would be beneficial for her too in a perfect world. There was a day on the View where Meghan McCain was spouting off about doing her thing.
Speaker 1: And Sonny Bethany comes to.
Speaker 2: Bethany comes up and Sonny goes, you know, she wasn't very nice to my kids and Meghan, And then Sonny goes, I'll tell the story. We had a house next to each other in the Hamptons. Bethany screamed at my kids and said to stop making noise at the beach during the day. So I walked over there and knocked on the door, and I said, if you have a problem, you don't scream at my kids, you come to me. And then on Watcher happens live beth and he said, yeah, I think she's got a drug problem or a drinking problem or something. And thus is my point. This Sonny was doing Housewives right there.
Speaker 1: She was staying on camera got a very good point. And also she would glamour.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's a professional, she engaged in her own life.
Speaker 4: I have to say the new cast, they are all professionals. They have jobs, the Glamour, they have great apartments.
Speaker 1: Well, Jenna Lyons is Jendal Lions giving.
Speaker 4: She's giving, She's fascinating, She's a fascinating character, and she drives a lot of story without meaning to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 2: Also the other reason why I think Sonny would be greatest because when we did the View in the Bahamas, I reve down there and I think it was like right after we did our last watch for that life together. But we went down there and it was so surreal because don't you agree, they were all exactly on game. They were all being exactly what you think.
Speaker 4: Yes, by the way they I had a dream that I put in the book. I dreamt one night that I was executive.
Speaker 1: Producer of the View.
Speaker 4: And I woke up the next morning with all these great ideas for the View, and I called a friend of mine at ABC who works kind of with the View, and I said, look, just I'm giving you these so joy today on the View said, so you want to be our executive producer and I said yeah, And I said, you know, with all do I executive produced The Housewives, I don't think it's much different executive producing this show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, have you read that book about the View?
Speaker 4: I mean it's like, yeah, it's kind of The Housewives as a talk show in a way.
Speaker 2: The only thing I think that separates them is that I think the women of the View. And I've gotten this from Sonny sometimes when like Megan would talk about it. And you know who else really likes the Housewives is I think Elisa Farah Griffin.
Speaker 1: Yes, she does.
Speaker 2: And I get the sense that Sonny feels like a little superior about it, like, no, I'm not doing that, and that is why we need her on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what do you think is like the barrier, the self imposed barrier on people who are like that's not for me.
Speaker 4: Well, I think the most common reason we lose housewives who we are excited about. And by the way, we failed in integrating Roney.
Speaker 1: That was a horrible fail. Bad tell you about Ebony.
Speaker 4: I'm saying that it took that long, and but what you need to know is we had been more every season, there were people and that it is the most common reason we lose people husbands. At the end, there was someone so great that we almost had I think in Bethany's either first season back or second as long ago as that, we were really on it and trying every season, and this amazing person would have been so huge.
Speaker 1: The husband first that I will not appear at all.
Speaker 4: We were trying to negotiate, and then he stopped her from doing it. But that is the most common barrier. And then secondly, I think for someone like Sonny Austin, look, she's one of the stars of the views, she kind of doesn't need it.
Speaker 1: She certainly doesn't it.
Speaker 4: If she left the view or if that ended, then maybe she might say, oh, I think this could be good, could do such.
Speaker 1: It's a nice addition to her. Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: But when speaking of the husbands, I just really wanted to tell you this because it really educated me. I guess is the whole robin thing where I was like, oh, I thought there was always this carefully calibrated distance between like what the housewives want to share about their lives and what they don't like, And I thought like that was an agreed upon thing like for everyone involved, like just whatever you want to share. We won't like bust in there like and like force things out of you. But like watching that interview on whatchra Happens Live, I was like, no, this is this makes total sense, Like she had this is her job.
Speaker 4: Well, but especially since the entire season was about the women accusing everyone of infidelity and she had gone through it.
Speaker 1: And by the way, it would have been so relatable if she had.
Speaker 4: Said, you, guys, I don't really want to talk about the specifics, but I busted one like dming with someone and here's how it affected me. So this is serious, what's going on and whatever. Like everyone would have been like, oh my god, that was so cool that.
Speaker 1: You share, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is a fan perspective that we have. The Green Eyed.
Speaker 1: Bandits have flown too close to the sun. I know you're very upset.
Speaker 2: It is Andy, No, I'm not. I am very upset, but I also I stand with many people. Yeah, we just here's what I think. It's fine when you have a housewife that is a producer type, you know what I mean, They're on the ground and they know how to get it when they think that makes them invisible and they don't have to like participate as well, but.
Speaker 1: It's so conpaticuous it's not even invisible. Well, it's like you said, it's sweaty. It's sweaty. It's like sweaty, sweaty.
Speaker 2: It's Giselle thinking, yeah, I know, the producers whatever, I can do what I want. What I think is that I.
Speaker 1: Think she thinks she has special sway with the producers.
Speaker 3: I think that she probably sees herself more in like on their level than with the rest of.
Speaker 1: Oh interesting, I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: The thing about Potomac that you have to remember is those are almost all of g yes. So you've got four of them, Yeah, Karen, Giselle, Ashley Robin, who have been on since day one, since forever, So it's hard to put one apart.
Speaker 2: It feels like Potomac has been our favorite tries and I think that, Like what's hard is seeing the Wendy and Candice get pushed to the point where they won't even speak to Wendy. I see that, and that to me, would only happen with someone who thought they were better than the show, because if you didn't think you were better than the show, then you would play with other cast members. But Jazelle won't look at Wendy, she won't engage with Wendy, she won't tolerate Wendy, she won't allow other people to do it. And now it's rubbed off on Robin, who I think does sort of like feel like a little bit of a lackey to Giselle. I know it's like people say that whatever there, they're both their own people, but like it feels like not.
Speaker 4: What I will say is that I think you'll be surprised by some stuff that's happening right now.
Speaker 2: Field, Okay, okay, we just we ride hard for wind. We don't want to see her get ignored.
Speaker 1: I don't either. Yeah, good, there's there's been internal notes. See and grab my hand. Can we speak up? When we speak up when things happen to happen. All we have to do is the fan community is keep making our voices her now. And that's with voting. That's with Housewives, Yes, voting is the answer.
Speaker 2: My favorite thing about Housewives, though, is the way that these women like and it's actually helped me in my life, the way they navigate conflict styles.
Speaker 1: I actually, I will be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I used to be the kind of person who would not say how say something was bothering me. Watching Housewives, I saw people explain why they're feeling a certain way, and I said, maybe I'll never act like that, and maybe I would act like that. I think it's like sometimes it becomes inexplicable why you're on one housewive side and don't like another. It's like with Teresa and Melissa. I know from growing up in that part of the country. I get Melissa. I get her a lot. Teresa triggers me because it's everything about people I grew up with that I can't.
Speaker 1: Stand you're that woman, I do.
Speaker 4: I think that what's interesting about Teresa and Melissa are not interesting. The way they were going at each other at the reunion, which will premiere in a couple of weeks. They were doing that thing in fighting where they each wanted to have the last word, and it was taking it was wasting so much time. It's like, no, you did, no, you did. Oh you're ugly, you're ugly, You're ugly. I'm like, this is you're it was. It was upsetting to me. Anderson pointed out to me the other day I was in a situation with someone who actually was a guest on Watch What Happens Live, and I went in their dressing room before the show, and I don't want to say it wasn't a confrontation, but I felt like we needed to work something out before they came on the show. It was kind of like when you came and you were like, I feel like I upset you or whatever, and we talked it out.
Speaker 1: It was someone that Anderson said.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe that you had that conversation before the show. He goes, you have been in the middle of so much conflict that you have no problem now right just getting to the heart of it and saying, look, we need to resolve this issue whatever.
Speaker 1: I think it's even helpful for me.
Speaker 2: I honestly, if you vocalize shit, it does I definitely care. I felt like it's given me a way to have a model for conflict resolution.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I really And you also know how not to do it right.
Speaker 3: Yes, I was going to say, and I think this is a great thing. I feel like I've noticed this trend where I feel like you lose your patience more. The threshold is lower now. At reunion, I was.
Speaker 1: Talking about this last night.
Speaker 4: I think I do I think I'm more free. Listen, I've been doing raised reunion.
Speaker 1: I think it's.
Speaker 4: Seventeen years doing these thousands and thousands of hours for real, and so I think that I'm just more comfortable. I don't think that it is a good look for me to be yelling at women period.
Speaker 1: I don't like it.
Speaker 4: I always wind up apologizing to them ten times, I'm so sorry yelled at you. I apologize. Jersey, I was like, I'm so sorry yelled at you. I was upset. Whatever. I don't like it. It doesn't make me feel good. It's not who I am. It's not the best representation of myself. So I think you're right. I have become closer to losing my shit.
Speaker 3: But I think it's a way to release the valve because you only ever do it when it really gets so ca confidence that we have to relieve this.
Speaker 4: But I also will say to the sometimes I'll get a cut and I'm just like blasting off at them. I'm like, if we're going to keep this in, can you show the moment leading up to this so that you see, you know that this wasn't just.
Speaker 1: Out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have to know that we are in that Thunderdome for ten plus hours of this.
Speaker 2: It's intense, especially when it's a conflict such as the one with Melissa and Theresa, where it's just entirely too at this point, and it feels like every time someone is asked about it, I watching What Happens Live or even on the cast of Real Housewives of New Jersey, everyone's just kind of like, yeah, they shouldn't speak any.
Speaker 1: Right, No, that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: I mean, Teresa is still bringing up shit that happened before Melissa came on the show, and they're both litigating. And the interesting thing is, I think they're both a little right about stuff. I mean, I don't think there's a clear side, which is why, by the way, it's still kind of interesting, because there's no necessarily right or wrong.
Speaker 3: If you, Matt take your cultural background for lack of a better career amount of it, then I guess, like objectively you might.
Speaker 2: I would still okay. So if I'm looking at the situation objectively and.
Speaker 3: I am, I don't even I agree with you, by the way, Like I'm not super keen on Teresa.
Speaker 2: I don't like even to say I'm team Melissa, and I think something that gets lost like in the thing of like you know, you go and watch what happens live and like you want to say something that's fun and like, you know, push the show along. And yeah, of course I appreciate and get how to do the show. But my thing is, it's almost it's like this with the Green I advantage to to be honest. Every single year I turn on the show, I really try to have an open mind, right, and I root for Teresa. How could you not watching from season one? How could you're not root for Teresa. This is another reason why I did. I don't think so, honey Gia, because she's like going up for her father, her father who called her mother on television. I'm like, this woman has been through hell. She went to prison for this man.
Speaker 1: Probably.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean it's Teresa. Does she know what she was doing was wrong? No, she wasn't thinking about it. She trusted someone, and to see her become this unmoving figure that had there's a lot of like negative energy around it, and I find Louis to be very negative, bad energy, and I don't think it's going in the right area. I'm not even looking at Andy as I say this, but I did in my conversation with Melissa and Joe, they seem worried too, and it's just like I'm sad for Teresa. Okay, I understand there's a fan base that thinks that you can't have Jersey without Teresa, But I would argue that Delores is the star of New Jersey right now, and Doris is one of my favorite housewives and I enjoy watching her.
Speaker 1: I think Frank needs to get a grip.
Speaker 2: But Frank, I love Frank grip, I feel for I like Frank.
Speaker 1: I love Frank, and I do feel for him.
Speaker 2: But also it's like, you can't demand anything of this one.
Speaker 1: She's already given you more than you deserve.
Speaker 2: Also, I mean, like in one of the most vulnerable moments of her life, but she's raising a newborn.
Speaker 1: Where do you stand with Frankie Jr? Where do I stand with Frankie Junior? In terms of what I don't know? Like how horny am I?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 1: Yeah, pretty horny?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 2: I mean you see the way I react to like Evan, I miss Jackie.
Speaker 1: I love Jackie. She's still obvious.
Speaker 4: I love jack But like, you know what, there's a moment in the book where you say she's on the show.
Speaker 1: She was on Watch What Happens Live, and I knew.
Speaker 4: I knew that we were demoting her the next day, and I felt so bad because I really like her and I find her eating disorder struggle really very honest, honest and women, and I helped a lot of women. I just thought it was as deep as we've gotten into that topic in a serious way, and I just thought it was so valuable. And the next time I saw her, she said, you know what, I'm gonna be the.
Speaker 1: Best friend that's ever been on that show. She's been a great friend. And I always love seeing Evan.
Speaker 3: So going back to the thing where you when a housewife leaves and you're like, you will always be a part of this, right, I'll bring you back. Is it because you're seeing like the total grand expanse of this, like and it's just.
Speaker 1: Well, I just know how it works. I just know through through the years.
Speaker 4: I mean when when Rinna left, you know, I was like, look, I I was saying to her, I hope this is a pause, you know, And I think, you know, sometimes look, if you're getting booed at Bravo Kan, then it's a toxic relationship. You I mean, I don't know if you got to this part, but you know that the night of the reunion.
Speaker 1: Of Beverly Hills, she texted us all and quit. She texted all the p I think that's something no one knows that people think.
Speaker 4: That she was but she did. She did quit. Whether she still wanted to quit later, I don't know. I never discussed it with her again. But I think also she saw that day, Wow, this is really heavy, you know this, And I.
Speaker 1: Don't think she wants to be the villain. She's really fun. I mean she is, right.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know, if you anyway, so I you know, I said to her, I hope this is a pause.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I said, that's a worsha too. I mean, you know, I just you know, I have conflicted feeling is about Portie, right, yeah. I think she started out strong on you GT and then by the end I was like, why are you aligning with Giselle?
Speaker 4: I just they're good friends from right, Yes, So that's right.
Speaker 3: Yes, And speaking of someone who's been on pause, I think there is a pathway back.
Speaker 1: Yes for everyone. By the way, we would come back and do the show anytime. I want you to. I mean, we want it together.
Speaker 2: We want to come together. I wants to be on the Housewife. Who's your dream housewife?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, this is a good question. Just come up with I've gotten We're gonna make it.
Speaker 3: Marissol. I want Marisol solo.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: No, Alexia, fine, yes, I'm not saying that's not a demand. I'm just saying, like, so I need to see that's your preference.
Speaker 1: Good, okay, good, Well then we need to do that. I want beyond with Tamra. I think we have a lot of fun.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think that's hams Tamara and I would camera similar Camra.
Speaker 4: There's a whole sequence in the book about negotiating how we were gonna announce Tamra's return, and she was coming and watch what Happens Live with Vicki, and we didn't want to hurt Vicky's feelings and Tamara get in a big fight.
Speaker 1: It's a whole Michigan that happened for me. Tamra, and then I would really like to be on with Kyle.
Speaker 2: Beverly Hills is my favorite and Kyle's protagonist to Beverly Hills, and I love Cott Richards.
Speaker 3: I would love to go on with Taylor. Taylor and I would have similar energies. Armstrong, you and Taylor. Arm I find her so interesting.
Speaker 1: Is she getting an orange?
Speaker 2: No, she's a friend, I know, but there was rumors that she did so well that she got the orange.
Speaker 1: She's a friend.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, everyone, she did not get the orange, but probably did a great job.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to like, go, I'm not going for the obvious choice, and maybe that's working.
Speaker 2: You're going for friends up, yeah, because you want to sit in the chair next to Andy.
Speaker 3: I no, no, no, no, no, no, that's not It's just it's just like, I'm like, these are people that I'm like currently fascinating.
Speaker 4: By the way, if there is a lady and a man on watch what happens live the woman all Absolutely that's what always happened.
Speaker 2: So yes, do you remember when I was on? I think it was we were on together.
Speaker 1: We're together?
Speaker 2: No, when we were on together, the people coming in after us was Garcel and Heather right dubro and we helped you with the seating arrangement for.
Speaker 4: That, and that was because Heather had seniority, she had been on the longest. But original also look at where did they sit the last time they were on. And then you also look at sometimes of a housewife is on with like a big star, you put the star next to you. Yeah, okay, And then sometimes like right now Vander Pump Rules is on, So tonight Katie Maloney is on with Karen Gillen from you know, Vander Pump is so hot and they're also superstars. Right now Katie Maloney sat next.
Speaker 1: To you know.
Speaker 4: Here's the thing makes me nuts and this should be my rant, but it does make me.
Speaker 1: There are two guests. There are only two chairs, so there's no A chair and B chair. There's no emotion, there's no sect Well no, I.
Speaker 2: Mean, Andy, it doesn't matter who sits in the front chair. Then why you're talking about it, Well, because you guys brought it up and I'm explains I think it matters. Okay, but what about the Reginia seating? We agonize over it.
Speaker 1: And camps it is.
Speaker 4: The people next to me are the people in the most conflict, that have been in the most drama. There are house sides like Candy who do not want to sit next to me because that means they're going to be in the hot seat.
Speaker 1: By most of the reunion.
Speaker 4: A lot of times though people say, like for Potomac, they all sat down there, like, we don't understand this seating arrangement. There are people who you also can't seat next to each other because they give each other so much. And also you want for camera angles if people if you and I are in a dispute and we're sitting next to each other, the camera angle is it we're just looking at each other the whole time. You want them to be looking at each other directly, so you put them on opposite couch so it's.
Speaker 2: Less to do with these are the stars of the season and more. Okay, okay, I had a different way. By the way, vander Pump.
Speaker 4: I think vander Pump sat next to me once on on Beverly Hills.
Speaker 1: I think, huh yeah, yeah, that's a fever dream I have as lvp. There used to be there were many reunions where we would anticipate that a housewife was going to be so mad when they came out and saw where they were sitting, and I would sit there and kind of watch their reaction and is it oh yes, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: It's producing on so many micro levels, and that's what's like astonishing to me.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Yeah, it is what you do. Yeah, it's weird, it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this might be the wea talking, but I'm like, I can't even begin to imagine.
Speaker 2: It's like playing chess but with real people. But also there's like a filter before you make a move, you know what I mean. It's like you're not making a move for yourself, You're making a move for someone else's.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's your mind.
Speaker 3: It's chess with real people, and you have to like like them properly. You have to like design the board or whatever. You know.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Okay, Okay, this is I don't think so honey.
Speaker 2: This is our sixty second segment that we take every episode to rail against something in pop culture that we are just not feeling at the moment and we feel needs to be dragged to hell. I do have something, and I feel like, because didn't get to see the light of day on television, it should happen right now.
Speaker 1: Okay, do it. This is Matt Rogers. I don't think so many as time starts now, I.
Speaker 2: Don't think so, honey, giya, And it's not even really her fault.
Speaker 1: It's an extension.
Speaker 2: Go with me, please to a few episodes ago on Real Housewives in New Jersey when Teresa was sitting with her kids and not only encouraging a discussion about Melissa and Joe, but involving yet an another one of her children in the dynamic to talk on camera about this about their family. Cut to Melissa and Joe. What do they do to Antonia? They say, please go into the house. This is not for you. I'm sorry, but I don't think so, honey. One of those people, and I do think so, honey. The other and I don't understand people on Twitter who act the way they act on behalf of Teresa and she says nothing, and that does not get brought up in NTE.
Speaker 1: I don't think so, honey.
Speaker 2: The fact that I sit next to Melissa and I get death threats. It's wild to be Melissa on social media is a hellscape.
Speaker 1: And what does Teresa do?
Speaker 2: She says nothing, but she expects Melissa to leave when they're at an event and she's uncomfortable. It's bullshit, And I don't think so.
Speaker 1: That's one minute.
Speaker 3: I've been using this term more often lately, just as it's being overused in like the zeitgeist. But it is like I think Teresa's affliction is like just thinking she's the main character in every situation.
Speaker 2: She is wild And I'm sorry, but look, it's one thing to be in a conflict on the show and to have a difference of opinion. But if you're going to break through the sand and find a little things, there's one huge thing, which is that Melissa and her family get social media bullied like no one else.
Speaker 1: I would say Jersey, by the way.
Speaker 4: The Jersey Twitter since the beginning, the people what they used to say to Caroline Manzo, like, I mean, it's been really the the Jersey fans on Twitter from the beginning have been really brutal.
Speaker 2: It's well, and I think that's like one thing where it's like that doesn't really get brought up on Jersey that much.
Speaker 1: And I actually Joe and Melissa for not going actually of course came up on the reunion this well, and maybe it's time that it does. Isn't making it in the cut.
Speaker 4: I am seeing everything tomorrow, okay, in fact, so I'll let you know.
Speaker 2: That's going to be a really tough one. Really tough one. Is that's mine and it has less to do with you, Gia. It's just that you don't understand I think, and I think you will later that this isn't a healthy thing for you. And you're getting in a full beat to be in confessionals, And can I say something?
Speaker 1: You look stunning.
Speaker 2: This is Bowen Yang's I don't think so, honey, And he's galvanized and high as fuck, and he's gonna do it.
Speaker 1: Are you ready? I'm ready? Are you gonna do the one you said? I'm gonna do the one I said? Here we go.
Speaker 3: This is Bowan yangs I don't think so many as time starts now, I don't think so, honey. Gizelle Bryant, I mean, you're basically a fucking scullery maide, scouring the dirty pots of everyone else's lives when those pots aren't even that dirty, do you know what I mean? Like the classe azul thing is like so fucking bored face, And this is a person, it's so sad. This is a person who like looks at herself in the mirror in such a way that like she cannot possibly see herself reflected back. She does no sense of who she is, and she is she's just bored. She's as simple as that logic. She's simple as that logic, Gizelle. I mean, it is just talking to fill the silence at certain points.
Speaker 1: It is I don't know. She's a fucking like pimple on the backside of this show. I fucking hate.
Speaker 3: Her and I would be so thrilled if she were never on my television again. But I know that's not gonna happen, so I've accepted that.
Speaker 1: And that's one minute. Here's the thing. I always have said she has stark quality, but I disagree. You don't think she has stark wise. I think it's sweaty this. We've had this discussion starfore I ever seen.
Speaker 3: I think I think she's at one point was his star I have, and then I think she like it was slipping from her at some points, very editable. It's like that challenge on Survivor when you have to hold a position, you have to hold a fucking ore on your head for like four hours, you start to wobble a bit.
Speaker 1: She's wobbling. She's wobbling.
Speaker 2: I think that she and I always feel like they try to humble her and they try to comfort her, but she she just like doesn't move or doesn't care, and then I'll say the moments and what I really like her is she opens up and like I really love her with her kids because.
Speaker 1: You can tell.
Speaker 2: And that's the thing is, I'm like, maybe I would like you more if, like I felt like you were as authentic with the rest of the limit and with the audience as you clearly are with your children, because there's something happening behind closed doors when the cameras aren't on that like allows you to have this like incredible bond with them.
Speaker 1: I'm just wondering at what point, Yeah, yeah, I know you can probably say nothing about this. Watch next season a Potomac if she like, if she goes on a journey, I'm so thrilled to go on that journey with her. Me too, me too? Okay, you ready for mine?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Now, Andy Cohen, you've never gotten to do one. No, and there's been a couple of times where like, especially live just kidding, I would never do this. Maybe I would like when we were on with you, I was like, Andy, you do one, and then you would have had to live whip one out.
Speaker 1: I know, so to speak. Well, mine is based on something that happened earlier in the broadcast. I don't think so, this is Andy Cohens.
Speaker 2: I don't think so honey. As time starts now, I don't think so honey. I am not high on Watch What Happens Live night.
Speaker 4: When the show comes on, people think I'm stone because my eyes are.
Speaker 1: Red half the time. I have allergies. I'm a Jew.
Speaker 4: I wear contacts, I have shpilkis with my eyes. I'm not funny high. I mean I'm funny off camera high. But I would never go on camera high. It would be a bad show. I would be in my head, it would be poor. I don't do it. I talk about it all the time. I would never do it. It would be a disservice to Bravo. It would be a disservice to you, the viewers, the listeners.
Speaker 1: I do not do it.
Speaker 4: Was there a time on New Year's Eve with Anderson where maybe I popped an edible after midnight?
Speaker 1: Yes? I did, Okay, big deal. I would never do it on camera. It's not me.
Speaker 4: Maybe Amy Sedaris and I have taken an edible on radio and y for our holiday hangout.
Speaker 1: That's it. Unwatched What Happens, I don't think so, Honnie, I'm not. I. Oh, that's one minute.
Speaker 3: You do describe in the book taking an edible to time it so that right as you go home, you're like, it hits.
Speaker 4: During the second commercial break of the show, which means there's four minutes left in the show, and then we have a very quick after show. I occasionally will take my edible and then when the after show is ending, or I'm kiddetzing in the control room, I'm like, oh, this.
Speaker 1: Is nice, and I glide away perfect.
Speaker 3: But I also I'm gonna say, is that even so bad? But I feel like you're such a professional you would never do this. But like, it's not like a hostile thing.
Speaker 1: It's not like a thing. No, at it's a lot to manage.
Speaker 4: But also I want to do a good job, and I'm working for a big corporation and I respect my relationship with them and with the viewers.
Speaker 1: I just I don't want to be bad. Now, if we did a show.
Speaker 4: We did watch What Happened Live from l A a few times and weed was legal in California, and I went to the exec cassette Bravo and said, I want to take an edible at the beginning of watch What Happens Live when we are live on the air and watch What Happens Live and it's a host ever done an edible on TV? Face, Yes, it would be amazing and I and there was some reason why I couldn't do it. You know, maybe I'll be able to do it. I tried to do it on CNN when they said we couldn't drink this year, I was like, I'm gonna take it that. I'm so stupid. Come on.
Speaker 2: Also, not for nothing, but everyone in New York City hated Deblasio. What is this person gonna get in trouble?
Speaker 1: Begause?
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't think it was as much about my rant on de Blasio as much as it seems like CNN is just trying to rain every bit of personality and so I don't.
Speaker 1: Know that's the dounlemit of it all.
Speaker 3: It's like they're like, we can't, like everyone needs to be like in the middle, like literally that behaviorally politically. I hope we can drink this year, yeah, because I mean, listen, I hope you're both okay with me. I feel like I've managed it okay.
Speaker 1: Amazing, but it.
Speaker 4: Made me think of it because when you said, oh, I'm a little high whatever, and I was thinking because I was trying to think what mine was going to be, and I was like, oh, this is perfect because everyone.
Speaker 1: Always thinks I'm high, but I'm not.
Speaker 3: You were brilliant. You're also getting ship in your ears. Yes, your brain is like semi scrambled.
Speaker 2: No matter what we you know, when we do this high when we're just by ourselves, Yeah, when we just have episodes, that's just Bowen and I and I'm sure like incredibly big and it's a completely different vibe.
Speaker 1: But like we would never it's not languid when when we're both high, it's not like we're like slow, right, No, it's it's sharp and we're doing handstands.
Speaker 2: But speaking of incredibly brilliant and sharp and doing handstands, you stunt on everybody in this goddamn business.
Speaker 1: True, and you're the best in the biz, and we do the best in the viz. One. Wow, this is such a huge day for us that you can't You guys are so nice. Maybe for reading the book. I really appreciated. Now, thank you, thank you for having me. This has been really fun.
Speaker 2: No, I mean, this is just the beginning, and this is Last Coach, and we end every episode with a song. Miss really think complain refers to conversation.
Speaker 1: Just mean that's not what you want. Love you girl. I don't do back and forth. I wanted on the plank on the plane. I want to hear the rest of that. You can stream deep space, the little position. My god, that is so funny. Bye Bye,