Speaker 1: Welcome to NFL Daily, where we're getting our clocks set to Greenwich Meantime.
Speaker 2: It's Greg Rosenthal.
Speaker 1: I'm here in the Chris Westling podcast studio, and I'm with my friends Colleen Wolf and Jordan Rodrigue of the Athletic. There's a lot of games over there in Europe this year.
Speaker 3: That's what you just had to google.
Speaker 1: They were announced. Yeah, what is the time zone in London? Because there's a lot of games there at the Dublin and London and we've got we've got.
Speaker 4: Six games over in Europe. What's it called Greenwich meantime? Is there Greenwich nice time?
Speaker 1: British summertime is another fun one. And yeah, people will point out, well they're not all in London, yes, but for us over here Stateside, they're all at the same time, which is six thirty am Pacific time, which means Colleen will be hosting the pregame show and has to be at work when I.
Speaker 5: Think that show starts at four am Pacific, so it's like a two am call time.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: That's for ZIL game. That's eight point fifteen Eastern.
Speaker 5: Good call's so a little different. That is slash that is games all over the place.
Speaker 2: That's the first weekend of the year.
Speaker 1: That was actually the one game that has not been announced as of this taping. We're taping Tuesday, although it's been reported pretty widely that it's going to be Chiefs Chargers. So sometimes those reports are wrong, but usually they're right, so we'll see. But yes, the International Games were announced, the kickoff game was announced. We have news we're going to do a new segment, a little would you rather type of segment, And we also had time before the show to catch up on our own lives and have a relationship that isn't just about talking on camera, which I think is nourishing Jordan.
Speaker 4: Yes, as Colleen so eloquently put it, the whole greeting each other, doing the talking.
Speaker 3: Thing, small talk, I said, it's not my thing.
Speaker 5: I don't really do it. So yeah, but it is great to see you guys, and you guys are friends.
Speaker 1: You guys, you were basically happy that you felt like you knocked it out before the show, didn't have to after the show and have this awkward thing where Colleen is literally standing in the doorway holding the door halfway out and thinking about catching is it safe for this is it safe for me to leave this conversation now, and it's like it would have been safe the whole time.
Speaker 2: You can just go if you want to go. It's all fine.
Speaker 4: We love you either way.
Speaker 5: Everything in my life is on a running clock, and I wish it wasn't that way. But I'm like, ooh, this is this is taking time time off the clock.
Speaker 3: I'm insulating my ceiling right now. I gotta like get back there and do some stuff.
Speaker 1: Your dog escaped from his keeper. Yes, so we'll get this show going.
Speaker 4: Like I said, Dolos, if you think about it, sure are.
Speaker 2: And it's shorter than you think.
Speaker 3: Take advantage yours is the shortest.
Speaker 2: I mean, I never you never know.
Speaker 3: I'm just kidding. I wasn't gonna say it that I did, and now I feel bad that I did.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I mean I'm getting good care my body. There's a lot of randomness that comes into that.
Speaker 3: I'm a personal trainer.
Speaker 1: I mean once a week you work out. Yeah, big Raiders fan, let's talk about it.
Speaker 4: Actually, let me tell Colleen the story. I just want to get your take on this. If is this something you would have done or maybe you would have not done in this Okay. When we interviewed new Raiders Jim John spy Tech, Greg led with the fact that his personal trainer, Stephen, is a Raiders fan and so really hopes that John spy Tech is a good GM.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, that's an icebreaker.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was supposed to be about how important the quarterback position. It is a good icebreaker. Actually, it's a way to like humanize it. We're all on the same level. You're not higher than me, John spy Tech or my trainer Stephen. All right, let's get to the schedule stuff.
Speaker 3: Greg's a big gym guy.
Speaker 2: Now, not at all.
Speaker 3: I put time back on the clock for you.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Eagles is the opener.
Speaker 1: I was looking at the potential openers last week because my son asked about it, and we went through the ones that would be more exciting than others. He was not excited about Cowboys Eagles, and I said, watch out for Cowboys Eagles because I just feel like that's something the NFL would do and they would do. Are you excited about it? As an Eagles fan? Who would you want? Week one?
Speaker 3: I love the Cowboys one.
Speaker 5: I mean sure it would be cool to have, like, you know, a rematch, have the Chiefs come in, whatever they already beat them once, have the Lions come in, because like, I really did want to see Eagles Lions at some point I thought that's what we were going to get last year, but we didn't. However, having the Cowboys come in too Philadelphia to open the season and have all of the banners and the pomp and circumstance of the Eagles winning the Super Bowl, with the Cowboys there to just watch it all and knowing that they have had not the success anywhere near that they will want in the last however many years. It feels like it's been decades and decades, But yeah, I love that matchup.
Speaker 4: That's a good point about the having to watch like, yeah, of your most hated rivals like literally hang championship banners, captive audience and celebrate and all of that. You know, the Cowboys continue to fail upward in terms of broadcasting situation because I mean, listen, people, they are they get, they draw crowd, They're on these TV spots for a reason. I understand that. But to have an opener of a team that hasn't had a winning season coming off a losing year. This is the sixth time in just in twenty four years that a team has opened in this slot with despite coming off a losing season, And that's just like, Okay, are we just gonna keep handing them these these key spots.
Speaker 1: I'll push back and just say the Cowboys are not a normal sub five hundred team, not just because they're the Cowboys, but because they had twelve wins, but what three straight years before that? They have Dak Paskett, they have people they know, they have Michael Parsons, they have CD Limb. It is a compelling game, and they feel like a little bit of a different version of a Cowboys because it's a new head coach, because they're coming off the back not a compell's actually fine.
Speaker 4: This is not This is not a playoff team, and I'm tired of treating them like with all the fanfare of the playoff team. That's all I'm saying here. This is a compelling game for the reasons Colleen said. And I think the Cowboys are actually going to be sneaky good this year. But I also think that it's like, Okay, for one second, can we just stop lumping these guys together with the teams that do deserve the spotlight? And a kickoff game like this.
Speaker 1: They've done a little bit of everything on these opening games. They've had division rivalries, they've had like the up and coming team like the Texans. Sometimes they have pretty random teams. I remember the Titans were in this game one year where they were kind of almost served as food for the Patriots, like they It depends like they've mixed it up. But the Cowboys are different to me because no other losing team in the NFL one to twelve games.
Speaker 2: Three years in a row.
Speaker 4: They have they okay, and what's their postseason record? Yeah, okay, here's the thing. Here's the thing every summer, Greg, and it's we're creeping close to peak summer ranting about the Cowboys hours that we always do because they're always in some sort of contract situation deep into the summer. We stand on the tiny table, we advocate for trades, we do all these things. We're getting to the point where all we're almost there, and I just want you to remember that you're saying, now, oh, we should we shouldn't treat them like any The only way that this team actually starts making decisions that make them a more competitive team overall is if they are started to be relegated on on the business side, as a normal team.
Speaker 5: Relegation is what could happen here. We should be the only thing that will motivate them.
Speaker 3: The cowboy should be relative.
Speaker 2: It's fair. I don't care about the numbers of it all.
Speaker 1: Speaks up obviously, the NFL cares about the numbers of it all. I don't care about that. Mine is more like, am I interested in it or not? And in this particular personally I am. So that's all I really care.
Speaker 4: Multiple things can be true at the same time. I'm interested in it, even though I don't think it should be happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're a compelling team because they weren't last year, right, they weren't at all at all.
Speaker 5: Even like being at training camp last year, I was like, I don't even know what to really talk about.
Speaker 1: Even before the injuries, it does feel it does feel different. Micah all that we got the International Games announced as well on Tuesday, and so yeah, there's there's more than there's a I know for the listeners overseas, for our friends overseas that have been on NFL daily like Neil Reynolds and Will Gavin and Nat Coombs and everything It's like it's very exciting for them to see seven international games. Like we were used to having a bunch in London, and there are three in London, but the new one in Dublin, and that it's being spread out all over the place. You got the Friday night game, which we think is Chiefs Chargers, but we don't know for sure as of this taping. That's that's gonna be the day after Cowboys Eagles. So that's fun. And then we start having won every week, starting in what is that Week four, Steelers Vikings. Vikings are staying overseas, first team ever to do that and play in two different countries for two straight weeks. So they play the Steelers in Week four in Dublin, the Browns in Week five at Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium, and then we have Broncos Jets. Week six, we have your Los Angeles Rams Jordan going and playing the jag Ours at Wembley. The Jaguars always play at Wembley, although they're only playing one London game this year that's a little different. Then we have a three weeks off and then we have the Berlin game. It's Colts Falcons, Little Michael Pennox Action and then wrapping up with the first ever game in Madrid. You can kind of tell they wanted to make sure Dublin in Madrid especially got like really good games this year, and they did. And it's Commanders with Jayden Daniels and the Dolphins are playing in Madrid and all those games are yeah at the same time, like I said, six thirty Pacific and except for that Friday night game. Yeah, they're on NFL networks. That's got to be the most games NFL networks had in a while. I'm just throwing this out there. What game, what game stands out to you? How about how about your RAMS going overseas? You keep saying my rag, well you kind of you.
Speaker 4: Cover that's yeah, I own part of the team actually, conspiracy theories sight, Yeah, the that's gonna be fun. It's like a family game really because they're the coaching the coaching staff, and the front office staff. They know each other so well at this point. Obviously, James Gladstone is of the Rams worked under Les Sneed since twenty sixteen. Liam Cohen worked under Sean McVay several times over the last five years, and then also like recently James Gladstone is hired out of the scouting staff in Los Angeles for a couple veterans scouts that are going to be joining him over there in Jacksonville to try to like build the first full year of that culture and of that department. So it's going to be sort of a reunion game. This It's been a while since the Rams have either A played overseas. I believe it was twenty nineteen, and then b actually were scheduled to play overseas and then everything sort of fell through, but then led to the one of the most historic offensive games that sort of ushered in the modern era of the NFL. So there's always something exciting that happens at these overseas games, regardless of who's playing. I just I'm excited about it. When I covered the Panthers, I got to go to London. I loved it. It was amazing. Can't wait to go back.
Speaker 1: Was that the seven interceptions between the two teams game with Kyle Allen and Jamison.
Speaker 3: Oh, that was fantastic because we were at that game.
Speaker 2: The Around the NFL podcast was at the game.
Speaker 4: Yes, I know, and I remember you guys got a really big chair when you were doing like a lap around the there we go around the pitch.
Speaker 2: Does anything stand out to you college?
Speaker 5: I am so excited for the Dublin game and I am angling to hopefully go to that game. I know that I will probably be in studio hosting most of the coverage, but if there was one game that I really wanted to go to, it would be Dublin. I'm obviously named Colleen, which means girl click, so come on now. And it's like I did go to Dublin when I was like in high school so many many years ago. I just can't imagine an NFL game there, knowing what it was like there without an NFL game. And then also it's Steelers, right, Steelers Vikings. Yes, Pittsburgh I think has a huge population of people that identify with Irish heritage, so I could imagine a lot of Steelers fans.
Speaker 3: I'm sure Minnesota too. Maybe I'm not.
Speaker 1: Maybe the Steelers are the home team. They they're the ones who have staked the international rights. Obviously, the Rooneys have an Irish background. Was an ambassador for Barack Obama back in the day to Ireland.
Speaker 3: So is a huge Irish town.
Speaker 1: It's going to be a whole thing, and it's it's a great matchup. You you kind of knew they were going to give a real contender to them in Week four.
Speaker 2: But I'm looking forward to all of them, That's what I'm going to say.
Speaker 3: Oh, all of that.
Speaker 1: There's like no stinkers there. They make sure to send good teams. Like every every game at least has a team with a winning record. The Browns and the Jets play a lot of home games now over in the UK, which is interesting.
Speaker 3: Have you ever been to Berlin?
Speaker 2: I have never been to Berlin.
Speaker 1: I'd like to be. That's where my father was born. Really, you know my grandparents, you know, they live there their first what thirty five forty years of their life. So my brother has been a lot. He's actually a German citizen. I would love to get over there. I would have to get over it to to all of them. I would accept anyone. You're Madrid, I'd love to go back one then, like, I'll take what i can get, and so I'll.
Speaker 2: Work on that.
Speaker 4: Vikings are four and oh and they're international games there we go are this point. So it's interesting because they've got the back to backs here than to open this slate and this or this like chunky slate that not the Brazil game, which I guess hasn't been announced yet. I don't know when that's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the day after opening, Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I but that's the thing is is like they're flying a little close to the sun. Like they have a very good track record overseas obviously, but this is flying a little close to the sun because I'll probably have to stay there for a week. Tyler Williams, who runs their sports science department over in Minnesota, They have done a lot of really interesting things with sleep study and travel, so I am actually fascinated by that element of it. This is an experiment that the league is running to see if a team can feasibly feasibly do this, yeah, and still have the output necessary to actually be competitive in one of these really physical games that they have against both of these opponents, and also do the back to back because you could you just know the league wants to put teams out there more, right.
Speaker 1: And the Jacks have played back to back a handful of times, and teams have they've done this. You know, data of like if you come early or you come late, and it all has kind of come out in the wash and people feel strongly one way or another, but it hasn't been as consistent. This will be different because they're going to be playing in two different countries but obviously not far apart.
Speaker 5: There's gonna be so much travel talk, first of all, because anytime the International Games are up, all we hear about is like who's arriving when and what they decided to do and why. However, twenty twenty six, we're gonna have Brisbane, so there's gonna be a game in Australia, which will be I think so wild because when you're talking about all the different stats a lot how they figure out just like the body and how you recover and all of the travel.
Speaker 2: That's significant, and it is significant.
Speaker 1: But the Vikings also get a little bit of an advantage that they have two quote unquote road games that aren't really yes road games. They'll have the extra rest and like early come down like NBA teams sometimes arrive at like three p thirty am to play the next day. To me, that's much more significant, even when you're only traveling in like two hours.
Speaker 2: To a gain.
Speaker 4: It is early in the season too, so their bye week will also come early, which to some you could look at that on paper and say, oh, they have an older roster. I don't know if it's that great that their bye week is that early. But actually, more and more as the season has lengthened to the extent that it has, and we'll keep doing that, especially this sort of modern wave of coaches who are planning out the structure of the regular season itself are more so resting starters in the preseason. More and more teams are doing that, and they're actually considering like November as the start of when they really need to start ramping up the workload and Thanksgiving trying to trying to like max into Yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Some seams and take the bye week when they come back from London. It's usually they get to, not exactly choose, but have a preference for it. The Jaguars haven't been taking it after they get back from London. They've just been playing.
Speaker 3: The next thought was last year the first time that they didn't take a buye.
Speaker 1: Different teams have approached it differently the last few years now, sometimes don't really want it. Some other games were announced. We got Broncos Chiefs on Christmas. Chiefs want to play on Christmas. That's going to be Christmas Night. We got the Eagles Bears on Black Friday. They announced like the week sixteen Saturday games, which are the games that will go opposite the college football playoffs. I kind of hate that that's happening, but that's Eagles, Commanders, Packers Bears in Brimpton. That's also I know the day after my family will leave me for the holiday. So a very sad day at my house. But I can watch some football to feel better. All right, Let's do a little news quickly before we move on to the segment. Trey Hendrickson is in the news. He is not thrilled. We've learned this in two parts.
Speaker 2: Number one.
Speaker 1: He released a statement through Adam Schefter on Monday, which I thought was really interesting, just pointing out that no communication has taken place between him camp in the organization after the draft, that essentially he was promised last offseason if he was continued to play at a high level, it would happen, and that coaches are aware. And then, in his words, rather than using collaborations to get us to a point to bring me home, they are no longer communicating capital they in the statement, which makes me think he like literally wrote it.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: And then he also spoke on Tuesday to the media for twenty minutes about it not being happy. He is showing up to ots, but he's not in a uniform. Let's listen to Trey Hendrickson.
Speaker 6: A little bit transpired between me and Zach. We've tried to keep it as less at least amount personal as possible, but at some point in this process it becomes personal. You know. Being sent thirty days before mandatory camp or however do any days it is that if I don't show up, I will be fined alludes to the fact that something won't get done in that time and that with the lack of communication post draft, made it evidently clear from my party, meaning my wife, my son, my agent, right like, we're talking to a small group of people that I had to inform that this might not work out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is tough.
Speaker 1: He also said he does not envision, when he got a direct question about it, any scenario where he would play under his current contract. That sound as courtesy of Mike Petraglia from sinsinci dot com.
Speaker 3: Why do the Bengals operate this way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the annual question.
Speaker 5: Why this is pay your players, take care of your players. I know that they chose to do that already, but with other players in the offense. But this is your main guy. This is your most proven pass rusher. He led the league in sacks. He's a really good player. Seems like also just a really good guy on top of it, not that that is really anything in the contract, but still you have this talent right there, and you're not communicating with him, Like I think that that's the worst part is the lack of communication and the fact that that's what he got is just a notice that he'll be fined thirty days before showing up if he doesn't go. Like that's really how they're operating with someone that should be I don't know, really celebrated in this franchise.
Speaker 4: I think with this in a vacuum, I can understand, like the business part of it, well before this escalated to this point where you're considering potentially not paying someone who you might consider it to be an aging asset despite the production. You're trying to maybe get out before he really starts to decline. You have changes on all over your defense. You scape goaded your defensive courordinator, you have a new person, and that all of that, like, you can argue that as a team. To your point, Colleen, what I really cannot stand about this is that they had this whisper network when they're trying to get these two receivers done. They had this whisper network put forth what sounded like something coming very much from the team talking about how well we're gonna try to get We're gonna do our best to get all three done, and we want to get all three done. And only after the fact you heard another whisper network sort of subtly putting out there that Trey Hendrickson might be the odd man out if these other two receivers get paid. And it was made very clear by core players on that team, including the quarterback, that all three should be taken care of. And it's like you're almost hiding the mishandling of this, or the lack of communication, or the kind of how messy this has gotten. You're trying to hide it underneath the fact that yes, you did do the right thing by getting both receivers done, even though you also got them done too late.
Speaker 1: A lot of things came together here. The way that the Bengals do business is one of them, which is a little old school. Katie Blackburn, their executive vice president, you know, the daughter of the owner Mike Brown, said it's on Hendrickson, this is previous to be happy at some point talking about the negotiations. Should be happy at certain rates that maybe he doesn't think he'd be happy at, which Hendrickson found frustrating. So that's where it starts to get personal. And he said on Tuesday in those comments that they're they're offering him shorter deals. He wants longer deals like it's it's typical stuff. The problem that the Bengals had this offseason, this is where if you just ran things a little differently you could have seen coming. Is that Miles Garrett, you know, got his new contract. Max Crosby, who gets a new raise every year and had many years left on his contract, You maybe couldn't have seen that one coming, got another raise. And so Hendrickson is close to their level. He not at their level, but close to their level, and so he's expecting a deal like that. Let's move on to another ownership group, which gets a lot of attention. We've already talked about Stephen Jones and Jersey.
Speaker 4: I know, I can't hot at the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: I don't like to say more about the I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Where that came from. I'm absorbing the Connie Wolf energy right now.
Speaker 2: I agree they get talked about weight.
Speaker 4: I lost their drafts on on like.
Speaker 1: Talk shows, but the fact I like him on on weak one. I mean, there was other good options too, but I would have been fine with like four, four or five options.
Speaker 2: Uh. They talked about George Pickens.
Speaker 1: I heard this and I just thought it was an interesting insight into how Stephen Jones and the Cowboys view their acquisition George Pickens.
Speaker 7: We look at him, uh, you know, it's just two starting receivers out there. We don't necessarily even think we take him as more than a two.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 7: When when we were looking at the deal, Uh, certainly we looked at the draft. Uh, you know, in terms of scratching an edge, Uh, you know, seeing what might be available there in the draft. But here you get a guy who's got experience, who who's had great success in the NFL, obviously a tremendous competitor. He reminds a lot in our building of Dez Bryant in terms of, uh, you know, his competitiveness and you know what he brings to the field is edge.
Speaker 1: I love that they actually looked at George Pickens's competitive spirit as a plus and I get that, like on the field, he wants to win badly. That was courtesy by the way of Serious XM's Mad Dog Sports Radio. And on top of that that was Adam Shine former you know, NFL dot Com, NFL Media great.
Speaker 3: Kill a lot of people to come through here.
Speaker 1: He's been getting at a lot of good interviews lately. That that quote kind of reminded me of the idea that there is a world where this is an incredible steal for George Pickens. It is so hard to get quality wide receivers and they will have to pay him like sooner than later, and so that's part of it.
Speaker 2: But they didn't have to give up much.
Speaker 1: And if he can be a quality too, which is production has been, like they got him at a very cheap price, this could end up being a very good move by the Joneses, which you know, we haven't given them a lot.
Speaker 4: Of pric I think two things. One, they know also that he is great television the field, like he just is he plays football. Not only is he like a bona fide elite receiver and has not even scratched what his ceiling potentially is when he puts everything together, but also like he plays football like he's on like a WWE like match or something like he is all out and I get it. He's beefed with more than his share of people, especially defensive backs. Jordan Lewis had a tweet where he was like God wanted me to be a Jaguar or something like that, because George Pickens and him have like this legendary battle back and forth. But you haven't actually heard much and you guys correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I haven't heard much negative about him off the field. It's all competitive attitude on the field. It's not like the fact that he's you know, malcontent or whatever like. It's more so like he is going to have He's going to be like a total wild card on the field and makes some and make some plays and also do things in between the snaps and so.
Speaker 1: Is blocking I would guess would be the one spot like his block, like running every route full out. If he's not the primary guy, there has been a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, sure, but that's not off the field stuff, which I felt was a bit on I mean, and again, you guys, I just haven't seen it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but like it just that I felt like that was a little bit of an unfair label on him through the process. The other thing that I think that him and his agent, David Mulgetta have done very well, by the way, who Jerry Jones is pretending he doesn't has pretended he does not know the name of is that the Cowboys never pay people early. So what to your point, they're going to have to pay him at some point, Okay, yeah, but he's going to make more money than he would have made because they're going to drag this out until he needs to make more than what he could have gotten if he's signed an extension right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 5: I mean, I'm just thinking about your point about him not being a problem off the field. I feel like a lot of people just assumed that he had some type of like issue, maybe just a huge personality to deal with off the field, because Pittsburgh decided to move him. But it sounds like they just both kind of needed a fresh start, which maybe that's naive of me to think, but DK is going to get the volume exactly target, so they know that that's probably going to cause an issue because he's never played with another number one before, so this will be the first time that George Pickens plays with a number one in Dallas. And Dak Prescott is by far the best quarterback he's ever played with, and Dak can throw all over the field, so it will really be interesting to see how he is in this offense and what Brian Schottenheimer does with these wide receivers and if George Pickens can sort of progress in his route tree, and I mean either way, he's going to be able to stretch the field.
Speaker 1: Financially, Yeah, the model would be Jalen waddle Er DeVonta Smith. Like two pluses in terms of and you get you get a nice contract, but you're not the number one guy on your own team. Speaking of which the Packers. Uh, I just thought this was a funny bit of media and we'll take a break after that. But like there was a statement from Adam Schefter specifically on Monday, it was that you just wanted everyone to know that Jaden Reid's agent who's Drew Rosenhows and the team met last week and that the team assured Jayden Reid that his status as the team's top receiver is quote unaffected by their recent draft picks of Matthew Golden and their third round pick save On Williams, which was so strange to me in a lot of ways.
Speaker 2: But the number one way it's strange is that.
Speaker 1: Jaden Reid had a career high of like eight hundred and fifty yards last year. So that's weird he was their top receiver. But it's just weird that why is this getting put out there? I actually a little ego management that, like, don't worry Jaden Reid, but it's just weird because like it's Jaden Reid.
Speaker 2: He really hasn't been a top receiver.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mayden prove it. Like that's all.
Speaker 4: This reminds me to make my own statement that just be because my twin sister Maddie is actively trying to save our oceans and in turn our planet. I still my status as my mother's favorite child is unaffective, right, I've got development.
Speaker 1: Like the whole thing was because it kind of puts Jayden rear reading a weird spot in that room. It make But yeah, I guess he must have just been unhappy behind the scenes. You think I don't know. I don't know what I was, all right, I just found it funny.
Speaker 4: This comes out because people ask about it. Really, I mean, if enough people ask about it, if enough people are wondering about it behind the scenes or sending texts to Drew rosenhause and it's like, I don't know the Drew rosen House stamp.
Speaker 1: But why does Adam Schefter send that tweet?
Speaker 3: I wanted Schefter to send it to some other Why.
Speaker 1: Does Drew Rosenhouse want that out there? Like that doesn't seem like it's good for his client.
Speaker 3: He probably is all him about it.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a way to keep your client.
Speaker 7: Maybe.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's agenting. It's his job. By the way, he also cemented your free agent lists status as unaffected by other free agents, including the one that I worked on for the Athletic dot Com thank you yes, as the dominant one when he stopped you on the streets. We can't be knocking the Rosenhouse.
Speaker 2: Oh I'm not knocking him, if that's what you gotta do.
Speaker 1: But like, I just wonder what Jordan Love and the offensive coordinator and Matt Lafleur is all thinking like, oh wait, what's our He has the status of our top receiver.
Speaker 2: That's just something.
Speaker 3: Wow, congratulations.
Speaker 1: It'd be one thing if he's like Megatron or something. Anyways, all right, let's.
Speaker 2: Take a quick break five of year.
Speaker 3: It's my favorite.
Speaker 1: Jeremiah Ausu Corrimoa is out for the season, the Browns linebacker. We mentioned that might be a possibility, so happy trails in terms of his rehab, and Asante Samuel Junior, the highest player left other than a Marik Cooper on my top one on one.
Speaker 4: Free agent list, speaking of which visited.
Speaker 1: The Saints, but he's not going to sign until July. Will be back after this.
Speaker 2: Back on NFL Daily. Yeah, we are. I do like this time of years, how could you not have lower stress?
Speaker 3: You know, summer's on the way.
Speaker 2: Go see like a Matt hay of a movie. Every now and then beach days it's China Hit the Beach.
Speaker 1: But you know, his mother's day weekend and she's not really a beach fan, so it's tough to push that agenda.
Speaker 2: But I did make it like late late at night with Walker that was fun. Shout out to all the listeners out there.
Speaker 1: By the way, we don't do this enough. Leave a five star review on iTunes that would really help us out.
Speaker 3: And send us a message on there.
Speaker 1: Tell your friends, like subscribe, subscribe on YouTube, all that stuff. We're trying a new segment. It's just very simple, a would you rather segment where we just asked some questions. Could be as big picture as you want, as little picture as you want. It could be anything you want.
Speaker 2: So open ended, it's a little would you rather.
Speaker 1: We'll go around and it's just like questions I'd be curious about your answers to, So I'll start just would you rather have Joe Burrow or Lamar Jackson with the ball in their hands needing a touchdown to win a game that is very important to you. I could put your life on the line or something like that. But that seems like Joe Burrow.
Speaker 2: Joe Burrow.
Speaker 3: Joe Burrow.
Speaker 5: Just last year, in those those last couple games where the Bengals were fighting for everything to try and win and get into the playoffs, it just felt like, yeah, their luck was so awful at the beginning of the year, but Joe Burrow just was like trying desperately to hold everything together, and I felt like if he could have moved a mountain in those moments, he would have.
Speaker 3: And so I'm going to trust him.
Speaker 1: Lamar gets, you know, two MVP's almost the third we doesn't get he gets.
Speaker 4: He gets. My vote is if worst case scenario, he's taken off running down the field and he's hard to catch in a scramble drill, he extends plays, he can get out of bounds to manage the clock. I just think, like, if not for a drop, you know, at the end of their last season, which I feel, I still feel my entire body shrivel up every time I think about it, Like, if not for that, where has that happened a lot? Possibly? I have probaly if you know this, But it's.
Speaker 2: Like he's just up at night, think you about Mark.
Speaker 4: And I'm just rocking in the corner thinking about poor Mark Andrews who got a car accident and then ended his season that way. Yeah, I think that I pick Lamar on this.
Speaker 1: It's a tough one because my instinct is Lamar good because he's just better. But I think it gets the reason I asked it. It sort of gets to I think how people think of these two players, and I've wondered, I was wondering if that's changed enough, changed at all, because Lamar obviously has a ton of game winning drives and a lot of great play in the key moments, and ultimately I think he's a significantly superior player to Joe Burrow so far at the NFL level. So I would I would go Lamar Jackson, But there is sort of this feeling of Joe Burrow based on what he did last year. Although you know, I will say like they were. They lost a lot of those close games. They did have a chance to go even further sometimes, but he did everything that a mortal could be asked to do. And that's why it isn't interesting. Even as much as I love Lamar, it's not a slam dunk question.
Speaker 3: Well, they're both so good.
Speaker 5: I would like to know the details of the game and the situation.
Speaker 2: I said, you need to touch that.
Speaker 3: I need to know the defense. It's like two and a half minutes, like who's healthy, who's not?
Speaker 4: Are they playing like a shell coverage?
Speaker 3: Are we inside time?
Speaker 4: Because how many timeouts does either side hack? I love Joe Burrow, Zach Taylor and a locker. Like you know, he is on track to be a Hall of Famer. He he has basically been a top five quarterback since he entered the league, which kind of makes you a Hall of Famer.
Speaker 2: So this is no slight to him.
Speaker 1: He's just playing next to I think Lamar Allen and Mahomes are just at slightly there. And I think that Super Bowl run he had where the defense did most of the work, is doing a lot of work for him.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go to the next question. Let's go Jordan.
Speaker 4: Huhuh uh. Okay, would you guys rather this is a personal personal preference. Okay, would you rather travel if you were a player, travel for back to back West coast to East coast trips without staying east between, or travel for back to back international games while staying in.
Speaker 5: Between international wall stay between. I want to stay in the same place for as long as possible. I'm not trying to get on a bunch of different planes and do that whole thing, because you know what it's doing, It's taking time off the clock. So I would like to stay in the life clock, off the lifeblock, and I got to keep every minute I have, so I'm staying in whatever internet locale I'm playing in.
Speaker 1: I also think the week away where you have that Monday Tuesday in London in this case. Yeah, like that's something that not a lot of teams get, where you're already adjusted, you don't have as much work to do, and you're with your team.
Speaker 2: That seems great.
Speaker 1: I know these are family men, now they could bring their families over some some might do that, but it also might not be like the worst thing to have a week where you're just focused.
Speaker 2: On work and camaraderie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds good to me and the whole Like, oh, they got to adjust to the time soon.
Speaker 2: It's like, let's calm down. They play that they play one game.
Speaker 1: Like teams in lots of sports are adjusting to this sort of stuff all the time where they have to play multiple games a week, like baseball teams. Like tennis players are like arriving from China and playing like the next morning. Then they played till three in the morning because tennis is broken, and then play like the next It's like they do it and like people aren't crying.
Speaker 5: For I would just say, real quick, will be fine that there are probably less distractions when you're traveling than when you're at home, so I feel like you would probably be able to be more dialed in if you stay there.
Speaker 4: I would say, uh, two things. One on your tennis point, these football players are having like active car crashes two hundred times a game, so a little bit different getting on a plane and going to another.
Speaker 1: Sure, but the tennis players are also paying for their trip, so they're not they're not in depending on who they are, they're not in the front of the plane.
Speaker 2: It's a lot going on on them.
Speaker 3: On a Dreamliner.
Speaker 4: Yes, a lot of teams still do take commercial flights where only the captains have seats that actually are the pods. But to that point, I never actually realized how much of a toll those long East to West coast flights take. I like the idea of staying out for multiple weeks because until a couple of years ago, when there was a bunch of players that got injured in the Rams Lions game and they had they were stuck on the tarmac overnight and they could not dplane, and they got stuck in this Everything was froze then, and they couldn't take off and they couldn't deplane, and so they're sitting there with like one of the guys had like a torn ACL and a torn MCL and is in a tiny airplane seat sitting there overnight like they're all there's two bathrooms like there. It just was, and I'm like, Okay, the potential for a worst case in between two long trips is too much for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And sometimes either way, every once in a while, the East Coast teams do stay out here just and do get all the benefits that I was just saying. Not only do you not like the Patriots stayed out here for a couple of weekends when they did the Los Angeles trip. They do that sometimes, Colleen, You're up next, all right?
Speaker 5: Would you rather gang spend the rest of your life in an NFL training camp simulation locked in Saint Joseph, Missouri during a July heat wave in full pads, or lose the ability to ask questions in perpetuity, leading to a life of declarative statements that exclusively end in exclamation points, both verbalized and written.
Speaker 2: Wow wow.
Speaker 4: Well, as a woman, I couldn't get away with the latter, So I'll pick the former and my skin will look great.
Speaker 2: It would be tough to not be able to ask questions.
Speaker 3: You can only speak in exclamation points.
Speaker 2: I mean that's with your family. Do that anyway maybe on this show.
Speaker 3: Written and verbally with your family, with your friends.
Speaker 1: Be known as as a person with a total lack of curiosity for the rest of your life. I think I'd have to go to the training game where the tales.
Speaker 3: The rest of your life?
Speaker 4: How long am I going to live in And.
Speaker 3: We're back to the clock again.
Speaker 5: Yes, in an NFL training camp simulation locked in Saint Joseph, Missouri, where the Chiefs have their training camp during a July heat wave in full pads.
Speaker 2: Wait, but that's the entire rest of your life.
Speaker 3: That's the entire your life.
Speaker 1: Well, then I guess the other one because you're like giving, you're losing your family and like your.
Speaker 2: Entire way of life. That the other way. It sucks. But uh, I thought you just had to go there for training camp.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, or like your life is now just a training camp.
Speaker 1: Right, or even you if you had made it, you just go there every year for training camp to do that?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's that's more of a tough one.
Speaker 1: Even then, that's close because that's like two and a half weeks, right.
Speaker 4: I'd get, you know, free lodging, I'd get you know.
Speaker 3: That's fair. Look, I mean glasshow full over here? People?
Speaker 2: The beds are bad.
Speaker 1: Now, if you could live forever and do that, oh, I might give up the family for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, living forever in an NFL training camp. Of course, Greig would give up his family for.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying about people.
Speaker 1: At some point, as he sort of alluded to it at the time, at some point it just ends, and that's just it. And this is such a dark ship that's compelling and scary. So I just want to that one.
Speaker 4: How is you having to speak in declarative statements and perpetuity any different from how you are now? Exclamation point?
Speaker 2: That was what I was going to say on this show. It wouldn't be that different.
Speaker 5: You're up are.
Speaker 4: Okay, this is a little game of would you rather that? I like to call position extravaganza or whatever Chris Pobona has decided to call it, which is probably better than whatever I decided to call it. Okay, this, I'm gonna go. This is rapid fire. You can't think about them. I just have to say the first thing in your head and both of you can go at the same time for chaos. Okay, would you rather have the Eagles offensive line or the Eagles run game? You can't have both offensive line. Offensive line, have the Bucks offensive line or the Bengals wide receiver's room Bengals wide receivers. Have the Broncos secondary or the Lion's running backs.
Speaker 5: Broncos secondary, Bronco's secondary.
Speaker 4: Have the Rams defensive line or the Bucks receives room.
Speaker 2: Bucks receiver's room, Rams defensive line.
Speaker 4: Okay, fun game.
Speaker 2: I like that, like games within a game.
Speaker 4: I like to gamify everything.
Speaker 2: We are hitting as many different I like that.
Speaker 4: Chris, I like what you called it, Jordan's Would you rather extravaganza? That was nice?
Speaker 2: Yes you can.
Speaker 1: You can check out the graphics stylings from Chris Pavona on the on YouTube channel. On the graphics, the toughest one was Broncos secondary or the Lion's running back. I know, to me, secondaries they kind of just when you think they're the group, they usually don't stay that way for long and stuff to like bet on them year after year after you also haven't seen the matter more. But Jimir Gibbs is really cool.
Speaker 4: That's I also went young versus getting older Rams DL or Bucks receivers. My one that was really hard for me to think about was Bucks O line or Bengals receiver.
Speaker 3: I like that one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the Sophie's choice, right there.
Speaker 1: A lot of those position groups and you did not know this to be the case. We're mentioned in the top twenty position groups in the NFL episode that Nick shook and I put up just this this morning, way so.
Speaker 2: Many just a coincidence there. It goes offensive line energy.
Speaker 4: Spending a lot of time with you, we're.
Speaker 1: Number one, all right. I will ask you guys this question. You wake up tomorrow morning, your mind has been completely wiped in terms of your football fandom, and you will just wake up as a fan of either the Cowboys or the Giants for the next ten years.
Speaker 2: And colleague, you're not aware at.
Speaker 1: The time you wake up of that that you were once an Eagles fans, but you are aware now in this scenario that you are an Eagles fan.
Speaker 2: So you have to make that decision.
Speaker 1: You get the Cowboys or the Giants for the next ten years.
Speaker 2: And it's not like half hearted.
Speaker 1: You're gonna be wearing the starter jackets you're gonna be like on Reddit, you're you're in it, and you don't have a choice of that, but you have to choose one of those two.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, this is a nightmare, and maybe my clock will end before I need to choose a team.
Speaker 2: This was directed at specific my life clock.
Speaker 5: All Right, Well, if I have to choose between the Cowboys and the Giants, it's pretty simple.
Speaker 3: It's never going to be the.
Speaker 5: Cowboys, so okay, by default, it's the Giants.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm actually I'm going to pick the Cowboys because I feel like that would mean I would have so many new friends who are all just like completely oblivious to the realities of life and follow again, everywhere everywhere I go, I would find a friend. I would have so many friends.
Speaker 1: The one thing I you know, you have to give Cowboys fans credit for is it's not like it's been fun the last thirty years. If you're a forty year old Cowboys fan, it sucked.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like Jordan, if you get.
Speaker 2: Say that they're jumping on and I get, I get.
Speaker 4: It, be forty three in ten years, so I won't even have known that's true.
Speaker 1: Actually, you're the perfect age for it because you wouldn't even have been like a really small.
Speaker 4: Child oblivious to the cruelty of the world.
Speaker 5: You know, Jordon, if you're looking for more friends, just come out with me. You don't have to be a Cowboys fan. Deal, wrap us up, Colleen? Okay, Oh, I have two more, but I'll just do one more. They're both quick.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Would you rather have Scott Hansen narry your entire life like a red Zone fever dream or spend the rest of your days waiting for Aaron Rodgers to make every single decision for your life?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 1: Is Scott Hanson narrating the life in your head?
Speaker 2: Where is it airing? No, what's happening?
Speaker 3: It's everywhere.
Speaker 5: It's like you're walking and he is just like a voice behind you.
Speaker 3: He's omnipresent, essentially.
Speaker 4: A built in friend.
Speaker 2: Can other people hear him in your life?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh, I love You're at the grocery store, your work.
Speaker 4: She's reaching further Braccoley. Oh, she's going Florence not full head.
Speaker 3: Wow, not now, Scott.
Speaker 4: I like that, except if I'm falling asleep and I'm trying to fall asleep. Does he narrate like she's closing her eyes? This she's about to get across.
Speaker 5: The end zone and maybe he counts sheep though for you, Oh yeah, I could do that.
Speaker 4: I could do that.
Speaker 2: I don't have a handsome impression.
Speaker 3: And there's Xanax too.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't like that. You said you'd like that.
Speaker 1: This is kind of like Colleen's you know, Cowboys Giants decision for me, both sound horrible, but having Aaron Rodgers involved in my life in a meaningful, in a very meaningful way for the rest of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to make every decision for you.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna get worse than that. So I'm definitely taking Scott Hansen.
Speaker 4: I like the idea of having like a built in Scott Hansen just like around you know.
Speaker 1: I like it to make like one two minute social video that you post once. It would get old by that evening, like it would gets.
Speaker 3: So many sleep yourself.
Speaker 4: I like to have noise going the entire time, you know all.
Speaker 5: I have one more bonus one okay, real quick? Would you rather take twenty surprise hits from Miles Garrett that could come at any moment over the next five years, or cats or moment no no pats, just at any moment He's going to pop up over the next five years. Twenty times. It's going to happen. It could happen anywhere. It could happen.
Speaker 3: Maybe you go to church.
Speaker 5: It could happen at church when it's godhand maybe depending on where you are in these different simulations. Okay, that's the one or so twenty surprise hits from Miles Garrett anytime over the next five years. Or have five cats with you at all times over the next twenty years at all times.
Speaker 2: The cats sounds fun.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't like cats. They have to be with you everywhere.
Speaker 4: I mean, i'd take them.
Speaker 1: Miles Garrett normalize judging the people who say only dogs are cool or only.
Speaker 2: Cats have cats there are cool. I mean, they're just following me.
Speaker 4: But I didn't say cats are uncool. That's yeah, that's a very different statement than cats are objectively cool. Cats are objectively cool animals. I like, I don't personally like cats, and I'm allergic's I'll go ahead and take the twenty hits at random moments through Miles Garrett.
Speaker 3: Anytime he could come crashing through this wall.
Speaker 4: Spice up my life, greg Im, you know, the cats thing is five especially compare to Garrett, because I think the worst thing that could happen.
Speaker 1: Talk about a car crew, is it not just not the hit itself. If you knew when the hits were coming. It's a conversation of which I mean the cats think seems fine though, But that's one thing, but not knowing living your entire life that at any moment and you're and you're counting and you want to feel some sort of relief. That's seven months in, you've gotten your third hit and it's like, no, I'm only at three.
Speaker 2: See.
Speaker 4: I think I think I would love to exist on that type of adrenaline drip on what.
Speaker 5: Like I think I'm carrying like seventeen bags of groceries up the steps and all of a sudden here he comes.
Speaker 4: But I wouldn't but I wouldn't know, it would just happen. It's a job in the box, that's the thing. It's like, I I kind of like the adrenaline spike, just constant drip the rest of your life. That probably a short one.
Speaker 1: It's a really good way to look at it. I'm with you there. If we're talking about, you know, the end of our lives and something that is something to keep you in the moment.
Speaker 2: That's true. You will be appreciated.
Speaker 4: It happened like a date and you're sitting in the cha what I want imagin boom, You're just you're.
Speaker 3: A job interview walking into a job interview.
Speaker 4: Okay, I would get the job though. For pity pity vote.
Speaker 1: It's definitely giving Terry Tate office linebacker vibes. A commercial that you may or may not remember starring Terry Crews.
Speaker 2: I believe from your uh, we're going to wrap up.
Speaker 1: We're in the off season, and if you have any anything that has popped into your pop culture life, will keep this quick. Okay, this summer that you just want to recommend to people. Back on my old podcast, the jessel Nick and Rosenthal Vanny Project, we called the Recommendation Station and I miss that. I missed that in U that's fine my life, and we're doing we're here weekly, so just just.
Speaker 2: One maybe maybe we'll do it weekly, maybe maybe not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna throw out a movie just in case there's anyone out there that is my speed. I feel like this movie that just came out, Pavements was made specifically for me, and it left me leaving the theater on a total high. Now you maybe have to like the movie Pavement, or I mean the band Pavement. It's kind of a documentary about them, but not really. It's hard to describe, but it's a it's a fictionalized documentary essentially about them. But if you're at all interested in nineties nostalgia and really creative like filmmaking it. Mena Kimes hosted this talk after the show with one of the members of the band and some of the actors in it, like Jason Schwartzman is in it.
Speaker 2: It's really great.
Speaker 1: I just have to say, like I've never felt like if that this that all sounds interesting, you please go see it in the theater.
Speaker 2: You should go see Pavements if it's in your city.
Speaker 5: Nice turn out of ten from Greg and that's a high wreck.
Speaker 2: I've been thinking about it NonStop ever since. I was like, I cannot believe this one.
Speaker 4: Well, now you'll be thinking whether you may get hit by Miles Garrett or be followed by cats. That's true, a little balance there. Music, Yeah, go for it.
Speaker 5: Since you're talking about a band, I have three songs that I just keep listening to, so I'll let you guys know what they are. The name of the one song is grow and it's by Kidnap and Leo Stanard.
Speaker 3: It's the Kidnap dub.
Speaker 4: Version very specific, but that's a song inside Chema's head. I don't know.
Speaker 5: For that Metallica that's like ac DC Hell's Bells and then totally different vibe. It's more of like a summer We're on the beach stick figure all for you love that one. And then also night Drive. I don't know if you guys know that song at all. Night Drive by John split Off. Wow, great one.
Speaker 2: That's a good gonn to look them all up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you're welcome.
Speaker 4: I first of all, most of the world is going to see this movie. So this is not anything revelatory or anything like that, but go see Centers. It was one of the best movies I've ever seen really in probably the last ten years, if not life like it was one of my best. It's a masterpiece experience is the last five years, oh for sure. And then shout out to our friends at iHeart. I've recently gotten into the last Culturista's podcast. Specifically, they they do this segment where they rant about something for a minute called I Don't Think So honey, and that ties into one of the most pure, wonderful pop culture moments I've seen in a long time, which is this artist who I don't really know much about, but I know the one song that they do it's role Model. It's called Sally, and there's a bridge where he brings out different people to play the part of Sally during this bridge and it's like very wholesome and here and everyone dances around and all this stuff. And he was on a late night show and he brought out Bowen Yang to play Sally and it was like pure joy. So every won't go watch that clip and it'll get stuck in your head. I don't, like I said, I don't really anything about the artist, but that little moment of pure like it just was so it was just wonderful. You know, it was wonderful. And I love that segment in the show that they do And what's the name of the show, Last Culturista does come on?
Speaker 2: That's that's great show.
Speaker 1: One of the biggest podcasts out there, You guys, they are the Sinners of podcasts. What a delightful, random off season show.
Speaker 2: I love it. We will be back? When will we be back?
Speaker 1: We're going to be back on Wednesday evening, so a little different schedule. We are doing this schedule release O whow, Patrick Claibon, myself, Cynthia Freeland. You can check us out on the NFL channel as well. The Game Debut crew doing all that, but we'll also release a separate podcast that tapes specifically for NFL Day, Yes, when we know the NFL is going to Lone and we know the game football is back
Speaker 4: M HM.