Speaker 1: Comedy Off Broadway in Lexington welcomes David Cross July twenty fourth and twenty fifth, Then catch Jeff Allen July thirtieth through August first, and don't miss Zanab Johnson August seventh and eighth. Comedy Up Broadway opened in downtown Lexington in nineteen eighty seven, and they're still bringing the best and stand up comedy to the area thirty nine years later. For tickets called eight five nine two seven to one joke or visit Comedy Off Broadway dot com. Come Off by Way.
Speaker 2: Welcome everyone. It is Kentucky Sports Radio, Friday, August the seventh. I'm Matt Jones here getting ready for the Billy Wedding weekend, and you can give us a shout on the Clark's Puppet Shop phone line. Love to hear from you eight five nine two eight oh twenty two eighty seven. It's a rare Friday in studio, which means I'd love to talk to you. A vision Autoglass text machine is seven seven two seven seven four five two five four in this diition sponsored by the TJ Smith Lofice called TJ. He'll make them pay for those of you text machine people. I love getting the text from those of you also listening to the ESPN show, because like I give that number on that show. So that's like two different kinds of texts. I get our people who know me a little bit, and then you get the other people. And that's it's interesting. It's like adding it's like adding a new uh, like somebody you have, like a stepmother or something, to new children are in your life. Yeah, it's like the Brady Bunch. You know, they just added Cindy Jan and Marcia.
Speaker 3: So you got a lot of Cindy's Jans and Marsh's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, exactly, it was.
Speaker 2: And it was what Greg, Peter and Bobby. That's very good, Alice. And then what were the parents' names? Mike, I wouldn't got Carol, Carol Nice got them all. That's the way we've all became the Brady But what about the butcher, Sam?
Speaker 4: Yes? About the dog that I don't know, Tiger?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I try not to like dogs.
Speaker 3: So Mario's face over here doesn't.
Speaker 2: Know you was a Brady Bunch ever on when you were When you were there, okay, people were people were very excited about your ox Cord day, and uh, I'm glad it doesn't look like you put I was worried you're gonna put the video out of me dancing the Candy Rain.
Speaker 4: You should have.
Speaker 2: You know what, though, if Shannon plays it again today, I'll dance again that song.
Speaker 4: Hate, Let's do it?
Speaker 2: That did do it? That song has a way of getting me excited. And I don't know why because it's not I just not even I don't even know if those kids had another song. But there was something about the the the bop.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bob the Bop. That's a great start onmorrow day. You actually hated we missed some of the show.
Speaker 4: Maybe we do a redial Jackson when you guys were gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well so, uh so there you go. We've got some stuff to get to. It was a big day in UK sports yesterday. But I'm about to say a senate Shannon, and I've never said in my life, really okay. You know when you end up with a house, which again a lot of people out there you know this. It just took me longer. Don't get on me. Yeah, you start to find that you never cared about in life ever, never even thought about that. Then all of a sudden, you wake up one day and it can ruin your day. What was it today? I got my car, you know, I was like, all right, we're gonna go. We're gonna go to McDonald's, go do the show last day for the weekend. Got the weekend office, my first weekend off in eight years. Wow, you know, with no show. Uh. And then I pull out and I see my flowers are dead.
Speaker 5: You gotta water those things? Well, no, they do.
Speaker 2: I mean there's people who do them. Oh you people who do them?
Speaker 4: Look at you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but like there's and it's been raining enough and it's been raining light.
Speaker 2: Now what do you call those big white flowers that are in front of my house? Are those guardenas?
Speaker 4: I believe maybe I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: Well, they're they're they're like they're they're they're sloop drooping down, drooping down. It literally got me to get out of my car.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And I walked over to them and I was like, get up, you give them a pep talk. I tried to push them, and I was like, why did they die? It feels like that I just two or three days ago. They looked like they were good, yes, and they looked happy. And then I drove around the neighborhood and they're all dead.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't stay in bloom very long, just a few days. It's some. Some flowers don't stay in bloom very long.
Speaker 2: Well what it wasn't just mine? A lot of people have them, and they look like did they all just have a memo? We're all dying right now. I know they were good this. I know they were good this weekend because I noticed them. Yes, can they die that quickly? Some some don't stay the humans that can wither away slowly. It's true. They just die.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm afraid.
Speaker 5: So I have to go out of the water my flowers like every couple of days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't do that, but I run that water bill up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, why did they? I thought I'm starting to like them.
Speaker 3: I just been the flowers this new man worried.
Speaker 2: About one thought about a flower before?
Speaker 4: Ever? Who is this guy talking about flowers? And he's fountain not working properly.
Speaker 2: I know I don't want to care about those things. I'm not doing that, so I'm not gonna But but I don't.
Speaker 6: Know bugs in your pool. I never cared about flowers ever. It's never even occurred to me. You know, people say, look at those pretty flowers. Never even think thought about it. But this is your house, so you're proud of it.
Speaker 3: But they die, you feel like you let them down.
Speaker 2: Done something because I was like, did I did I drop something? And all of a sudden, all at once started drooping sad and then but then I saw everyone else's did too. And unless we have a gardenia killer running around, then I feel like it's probably just the natural progression of things. I keep saying it a guardina, Is it a guardian?
Speaker 4: I'm not for sure what it is. They're white, Yeah, they're very pretty. They're very pretty.
Speaker 2: So the landscaper was like, well, you know, if you want more flowers, you tell But I wouldn't know what to order. Wouldn't either give me six pinks, fake ones, give me something august.
Speaker 5: I got some of these things. And this is a great name, a red hot poker.
Speaker 2: Oh see that sounds good. So they don't die as quick as these guardenias did, because that's that feels like that's depressing. It feels they should at least get to football season. Yeah, I think got the last at least of all summer. So anyway, look at this new mat of all the things to but well, don't act like you're not new. You were in here talking about how you were excited a new daycare.
Speaker 3: No, not excited. It was sad. Sad daycare breakups.
Speaker 4: It's hard.
Speaker 3: It's hard on the family. Well why are you breaking up? We're just moving a new one, but we like our old one, so it's hard to say goodbye.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's made a relationship. You still love her, but like the spark's gone.
Speaker 3: No, not even that, Just a new opportunity opened and it was a tough decision.
Speaker 4: Little we just made all of her friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, break up on a waiting list. They have waiting lists for long. I couldn't.
Speaker 3: But that was my biggest takeaway with having a child is that in Lexington, if you want to go to a daycare, you should have signed up ten years ago.
Speaker 2: You said there was a three year waiting waiting list. But the kid will be a grown up.
Speaker 3: And that's exactly that's I'm like, how do you all do this? Do you apply before you have a kid.
Speaker 2: I think you have to plot before you even contemplate. Getting proud of me.
Speaker 3: I think so, I think you applied for daycare before you yelnon.
Speaker 2: Maybe we you and I should be applying for daycare, right. What's your kid's name? I don't know, Actually, who's the mother.
Speaker 3: To be determined my application to tv D. He was asking questions about the baby. I'm like, I don't know. It's not here yet.
Speaker 2: So there you go. How old We're going to see.
Speaker 4: The lemons of new parents and new homeowners.
Speaker 2: There you go, and you're like, you're the old man here that you've been through all this.
Speaker 4: I'm yeah, I'm ready for my kids to get out, back out of the house, way for school. College that starts, so I'll get the house back to myself again. Yourself except Mario, Mario coming over every night.
Speaker 2: I heard you were the play by play guy or p A guy for the Legends.
Speaker 4: On field announcer for the Legends last night. You know the Dizzy bat Ray, you know the Humans.
Speaker 2: He spends his entire evening at the Legends game like saying, what here comes? Guess?
Speaker 4: Well, here's one line I used last night. Don't forget tomorrow night, Princess night. You know Matt Jones is gonna be here for it. I got a good round of applause.
Speaker 2: What'd you say?
Speaker 4: Don't forget to come tomorrow night. It's princess night. You know Matt Jones is going to be.
Speaker 2: Here for said that. Yeah, why are you using my name? I didn't agree to this. And they have a race where they it's a princess night where I think little girls can come dress. Say I was gonna be there because you like, you know a little princess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, don't say that.
Speaker 2: I don't think that. Yeah, don't stop. You got to get a good laugh. I too laughed you you. I've seen you tell jokes that get just at.
Speaker 7: Night.
Speaker 2: How many of these games are you doing?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Last year I did like about ten, but this year. Last night was the first one I've done all summer.
Speaker 5: Might be the last one you do this summer.
Speaker 3: You didn't got to go.
Speaker 2: I'm not going.
Speaker 3: He promoted it.
Speaker 4: Willly college Stein done out the first pitch tonight too.
Speaker 2: By the way, okay, well that's good. So so they call you in when everyone else is sick? Is that what?
Speaker 4: Yep? I'm the guy in the I.
Speaker 2: Don't know why they wouldn't want to use you all the time. I mean, you have to be well, a bigger name. Well maybe that's why A bigger name than anyone else that would but.
Speaker 4: They'd have to have got Microphone Mike. He's been doing it for like fifteen years. Still out there, Yes, oh yes, legend he is.
Speaker 2: Microphone Mike has been going for a long long time.
Speaker 4: So his kid was playing in a baseball tournament I think in Missouri, so like called me out of the bullpen to do last night. Wow, microphone, microphone Mike, still holding the down celebrity.
Speaker 2: Well good, I'm glad you're doing that. And I won't put you on the spot, but I heard the money you make. How could you not? You just you just like to be out in public, right, I mean doing the games are fun for me.
Speaker 4: I enjoyed doing the games.
Speaker 2: Who play? Are they affiliate with anyone?
Speaker 4: No, they're independent. But they're in first place right now?
Speaker 2: What is the league? Yeah, you don't even know what the league. Who did they play last night?
Speaker 4: Charleston Riverdalfe.
Speaker 2: I feel like they always play Charleston. Are there any other teams but them and Charleston? Who's the power? Where are they from? They played? I think is that different than Charleston? I think?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 3: Okay, Well, enjoy Princess night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, princess, leave me.
Speaker 4: Out of the Wait where your princess costume?
Speaker 2: Okay? So and then tomorrow, of course is Billy's wedding. Yes, I went and picked up my suit. Yeah, ready to go? Are you do? We know what's the latest weather forecast? Can tell you what. Text Chris Bailey and see if he will come up come on here. You need to probably tell him where the wedding is and he can give us the temperature. I don't want to spoil it, but Billy has a.
Speaker 3: Pretty big thing happening, and it can't be done indoors, and it can't be done indoors, and would likely, I guess they would just have to punt the thing they're gonna do. That will break his heart. I think they're more likely to leave us out rains. They can still leave that in the wedding.
Speaker 2: The worst would be to have a game time decision, because again we're not saying what it is, but something well, Shandon, you all have not said what it is right public. So if it can't happen, they're going to be really bummed. And I'm bummed because I'm kind of looking forward to It was supposed to be a surprise and somebody. I think Ryan leaked it.
Speaker 4: I didn't leak it.
Speaker 3: We're the only ones that know. We discusted at the landfill show. Okay, that's where That's where it spread. So I hope it happens for him. But I guess we need to ask Chris Bailey so well, they've really been counting on this part of the event, uh, for several months. I'd hate for it to.
Speaker 2: Just partly why I think we're wearing the suits we're wearing.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, I have an update on their wedding. I guess it's an update. I was driving downtown this morning. On my way here, I saw Billy and Marissa on the sidewalk with their marriage certificate, so I gave him a loud congratulations. They went that looks like they have the official paperwork. They've made the next tomorrow off.
Speaker 2: They already gone, but.
Speaker 3: I stuck my head out the window almost we were into the car in front of it.
Speaker 2: I say, tactically, what we're doing tomorrow is just for show. Yeah, well, maybe I haven't signed it yet.
Speaker 3: You have to acquire that I signed mine at the wedding, so maybe they're waiting to actually, Oh, you signed yours at the wedding.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I have a question, why do we have to have a marriage license.
Speaker 5: So the state can get more money from you?
Speaker 2: It's I mean, if you're asking, like, really, why, Yeah, probably for tax reasons. Married people get tax benefits, and I would think that in order. This is just I it's it's a fair question. You know. When when when there was the debate in America about gay marriage, one of the arguments was why is the state involved with marriage anyway? Like it's a bond with God. Why don't you just do it? Why does the state? And I think the answer is, and maybe somebody can tell me if there's more. I think it's like it just literally a tax thing, okay, because you get a marriage tax credit, you get to file jointly. There are things that you know, I mean, I'm sure as married people you know of other things that happen when you're married, and so you probably have to show the state. You can't just I can't just say I'm married. You actually have to be married.
Speaker 4: Makes sense. I've always kind of wondered why I had to have a marriage license.
Speaker 2: That's that's just me saying that I don't know for certain, that's it, But I would think that's big.
Speaker 4: Part of it.
Speaker 3: Maybe even like if you got to share an insurance and they gift to prove.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, death benefits you know, at your at your job. I mean, I think there's probably things that you get if you're married that you would not get otherwise. And if that's going to be the case, you have to do it through the state. You can't just go by the way. I was married to Mario and so he gets he we get a tax break.
Speaker 4: Makes perfect sense. We learned something today.
Speaker 5: It cost just sixty bucks.
Speaker 2: Is that what it costs.
Speaker 5: Yep, everybody that's married in Kentucky time sixty.
Speaker 2: When you see a married couple, you know they have sixty all money. Yeah, that's exactly right. Nine twenty two eighty seven. Uh, there was a open football practice and an open basketball practice yesterday. We will talk about what happened, uh and more. This is Kentucky Sports Radio. That's what they are. Now send me dead flowers by the US mail. All right, So people are telling me my flowers are hydrangiaengers what high dranges And they say when it rains, they carry water and they droop, but that they'll come back. But you said they only bloom for three to five weeks a year.
Speaker 4: That's what one of my guys said. Yeah, they're in bloom.
Speaker 2: It feels like not a great investor in five weeks. It's been about three to five weeks. But they didn't. They didn't look dead. They just were drooping. So maybe that's the water. Maybe they maybe Shannon, when they dry, they'll be back, perky.
Speaker 4: Bounce back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good, all right, come back.
Speaker 3: But either way, these are things I don't want to think about. You're thinking about them now, but I'm not right now.
Speaker 4: The fountain was working still yesterday, so.
Speaker 2: Sort of that thing. That thing's the whole thing. Uh seven seven two seven seven four five two five four is the text machine. Nick son Zel plays for the Legends.
Speaker 4: He didn't play the red He didn't play last night.
Speaker 2: Let me say he's hurt.
Speaker 4: Okay, speaking of the Reds.
Speaker 2: Let me just before we get to Kentucky, I'm not. People keep asking me like, are you back, because they're on a little bit of a streak.
Speaker 4: I just swept the Ready.
Speaker 2: They're now fifty six and fifty eight, four and a half back of the wild Card. At this time last year they were seven back and then made it and made it. I'm still not there. Hunter Green got hurt. Its probably out for the rest of the year. I heard that, so and they they they have a series of series here that where they're playing decent teams they've got, but they remember at the end of the year they got like seven games versus the Dodgers, six seven games versus the Braves. They're they're they're schedule, so I'm not I'm not in yet. Just for the record, now, if we sweep the Nationals this weekend, we'll talk, but you're close. You're considering and getting back in at the Nationals and then the Ing Socks. If they can win four of those six to get to five hundred, then we'll talk about it. But they're on the road. I'm just gonna expect them to go oh and six and then I can begin football. Did watch the game though yesterday during UH during Matt and Myron on my little computer.
Speaker 4: There is something historical going on with the Reds. South Stewart could become the first rookie to lead the league in RBI since like Ted Williams.
Speaker 2: That's good. I'm amazed because we have no one ever on base, so it's amazing yesterday's RB solo home run. Yeah, they have Ellie hitting right before him though that probably that probably helps, all right, So they did a football and basketball practice. Of course, I thought yesterday's show was fun because we were doing the whole basketball practice thing. The only thing that came out after the show is that that Jerome Jerome or Jerome Jerome with an inn. Jerome Morton won the Summer Basketball Challenge basically, I guess with the stats they use, he had the best summer of all the players. What do you think of that? Is he like he's going to be a real contributor, isn't he. I mean, he's kind of been an after thought when we thought about this team, but I think he's going to be a real contributor.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think he'll be big and like a come in and just play as hard as you can for you know, ten minutes a game, especially defensively. We're still not clear on what he won. He had the most wins of the summer. I don't know if that just means they count every time you play five on five or you on the winning side, or weren't won certain drills, but he in Malady won something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that was for the whole, all the weeks of practice. They wrapped up yesterday, So it's kind of a surprising guy coming from Washington State and not one of the names. We talked about a lot being their leader and celebrated.
Speaker 2: You know more about this kid because he was at George Rogers Clark.
Speaker 4: Grew up in Lexington, played at George Rodgers. Clark a big energy guy, and I ain't Drew's right. I think you put him in for like eighteen minutes a game. He's gonna bring a lot of energy and he shoot. He knocked out a shot when Mario and I were there yesterday. But I think if I understood like this chart, they keep like you get point if you like cause a steal or get a turnover or a deflection or something, they keep points and for him to do it over the whole summer, tells me he's gonna be on the floor a little bit.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna be on the floor. I think that's good. That's exciting, gonna be on the floor. Then there was the talk of getting another player, Keishawn Hall. He made out a tweet that's the guy from Alburn. He put out a tweet that seemed to suggest he was down to Kentucky and South Carolina. He didn't say that, but he just had a picture of a Kentucky player or ecuse me, Kentucky Saint John's. He had a picture of a Kentucky player and a Saint John's player. Trilly Donovan, who, to be fair, has not had a very good record when it comes to Kentucky. In the last Sea, yea with Pope, not with Pope. He'd seemed to know what was happening with cal but maybe not with Pope. He did say he thought Kentucky was out, which would suggest he's going to Saint John's. Do you think we're out?
Speaker 3: If this were three years ago, Trilly, I would believe it. He says, we mentioned he's not been that accurate. I still think they'd probably rather have Kohler or Mitchell, but those guys, it's looking like Hall has better chances of actually being eligible right now.
Speaker 2: He's got the guy. Hall is the one guy you could take right now and you could know he's gonna play. I think he's the only guy that no matter how these court cases go, as long as they don't say all fifty years are out, which I don't think they can say because there's a couple states that have already said they can play. So I mean, are you gonna let people play in Ohio and Tennessee but not the other states. That's hard for me to see. I think Key Shawn, he's the safest guy.
Speaker 3: Would you agree, Yeah, at least with eligibility now its hell, it will work out. He's more of a concern. I would think they're still at least considering it, not knowing what the other guys are doing. Because Mark Pope seems very interested in in someone. He brings it up every time we've heard from him. This summer.
Speaker 2: The NCAA, by the way, said that they're going to put ghost punishments on coaching. This is really for football, but ghost basically, if you take a player thinking he's going to be eligible and then he's not, the coach will be suspended for half the season and lose his pay. Really, so they're putting it on the coach. Whoa would you take the risk? I think most coaches would say no.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: A lot of coaches are going to change their tune on gambling with some of these games.
Speaker 2: I think these I think the NCAA though that they've got to and they're gonna have to decide this in the next week because of football. Sure, they've just got to just like just eat it. I think that what's the why are they fighting this? Starting next year, all fifth year guys is gonna.
Speaker 4: Be able to play, So why not?
Speaker 2: Why are you trying to hold out this year?
Speaker 4: I don't understand what's the what?
Speaker 2: What what do you? What are you accomplishing?
Speaker 3: They just keep stacking l's in court anyway, right, raising legal fees and people continue to sue you.
Speaker 4: You lose every lawsuit, just drop it. But the NCAA usually takes forever to make a decision. But you don't have a lot of times football. The season is going to start now, I've been told. Source tells Matthew Harper, Joe, okay, all right, you can. This is one of the times you can aggregate all you all you all the trill in my heart, sixty threes and all that. If allowed, Alex Safari's playing at Kentucky next year. Wow, that's the big news.
Speaker 2: If allowed. He is around. He's not in camp yet, but he's around, just waiting for the waiting for everybody to feel good enough for him to go right now. There's still kind of a wait and see. Yeah, but the moment they feel good enough, I think you would have alex Afari.
Speaker 4: That's big news. The guy that was you know, obviously was made your best defensive player last year, and you bring him back this year on a kind of a position of need.
Speaker 2: Now, I would say, with the caveat, I guess if some NFL team called and said we need you right now, he's gonna take that might take that. I'm just saying, though the working plan is alex Afari's on the team. If they feel like he will be able to to to be eligible to play, that'd be a huge get.
Speaker 3: That's position they could use a little more help going into next year. With the way they talk about playing an aggressive defense. I think he'd be a great add. We already know what he did for four years here playing as a true freshman. Now give another shot with this new group.
Speaker 4: You got me excited just saying that.
Speaker 2: I can tell that's big.
Speaker 3: No, he's just like in the parking lot with I say where he is.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not tracking him, Ye, I'm not tracking him. I'm just saying that, you know, there is a the moment. I think that they feel like that can happen. I think it would happen now. Of course, look somebody calls and says, hey, we're gonna put you on the guaranteed roster of the Cowboys. He's probably gonna go. But I think for right now, wow, that's where it is. Right. We'll talk a little bit about the football and then take a calls. If I'm nine two eight h twenty two eighty seven, ksar, how do you say the floor flower again? I drink Rangesranger drangers, Angie says, I have high dranges. Don't listen to these guys. The rainfall makes them droop down. They'll come back. But you can also go outside and do what I do and give them pep talks. I think I will do that today, Shannon.
Speaker 4: I think video.
Speaker 5: Content hate is ryan to take a shirt off and give a pep talk to the flower.
Speaker 2: Give it, well, I'll give it to him. I know how to talk to flowers. I'll talk to him like people talk to dog.
Speaker 4: You want to come back, you take a knee.
Speaker 2: It's already taken them. I need them back up. Okay. I hadn't heard that in a long time. It was good for having done that. Seven seven to two, uh seven seven four five two five four. One person rides, Matt, could it beat that Morton doing well is a weakness of our team, not a string. Well, I mean that's the thing you always under about in practice, like when in football when they go defense look great, then you go, what does that mean the offense stinks? I mean you never really know.
Speaker 3: I take this as more of a positive, just mainly he and Mason Williams, because both those guys have to play. It's that they're practicing so hard. We just keep hearing hard work or hard worker. Mason Williams, he's the first one at practice, and then Jerome Morton. Yesterday we learn he has the most wins. That's what you want of two guys that are new to a stage this big and are gonna have to play some quality minutes by Zoom and Wilkins.
Speaker 2: One person writes, Matt Billy's wife has told the customers at her store the surprise about the wedding. Well, that's a good benefit for those people. It's true. It was a good It was an incentive to go shop. You can buy. Yes, we'll net to talk about it on Monday. Yeah, we'll get to talk about it. Hardley Gilmore. It's probably the last time I'll get to make this joke. We hardly knew you, but I hope you back.
Speaker 3: Go through you did this to other go through his history. He goodness, So he was here when did he was Nebraska? After the first year. He got all the way to Nebraska with Dane and was in spring camp yep, and then left middle of spring his first.
Speaker 2: Year, came here and came back go back. He commits here, yes.
Speaker 4: And he played as a freshman and had a pretty good freshman year.
Speaker 2: Played left to go to Nebraska.
Speaker 3: Now pick it up from the where like had a locker, was in spring training in Nebraska. Then comes back here for his sophomore year. Then this past spring was Baylor before Louisville.
Speaker 4: Or Louisville I think Louisville first.
Speaker 3: Louisville first, then leaves Louisville for Baylor, then comes back here for a third time, and then is now leaving here again.
Speaker 2: He's been here three times basically, and he was dismissed from the team for rules. Violet. Yes, the one things you heard about Hardley Gilmore is they could hardly keep him on the field because he was always getting in trouble and that was pretty much universally known. I think I think the reason he was on the team really is that wide receiver is the weakness of this team, and I think they were willing to give him a shot. And I don't know what, I don't know what happened, but now he's gone. That's the I'm worried about our wide receiver position. I mean, just the eye test when we were out there, that was the one position that didn't look like an SEC team. The rest of them kind of did that one didn't. I also think wide receiver is the one group where you can kind of, if you're a good offensive coordinator, scheme around not having great ones. You obviously want to have great ones, but you can, you know, get your little five nine slot guys and do the best you can. But are you sad to see the third trip of hardly gilmour in.
Speaker 3: It's almost comical, honestly, because he's still young. He started here when he was sixteen years old. He still has sixteen. Yeah, he reclassified. He's had quite the timeline. He reclassified to move to get to Kentucky early He's probably maybe the biggest disappointing player in the last decade of someone who has potential and just can't get his head on straight. I mean, will Cox comes to mind recently, another guy thought'd be good. But Gilmore was a four star recruit. We were excited to get him, get him so young, Like, wow, this guy has time to be a breakout star and he just you've been around, he can't stay in line.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The freshman year, I'm pretty sure he caught a couple of touchdown passes here at Kentucky's a freshman, but he got dismissed from the team here the first time. Now he's been dismissed from Nebraska, dismissed from Kentucky a second time.
Speaker 2: The dudes had three chances here, so he's been dismissed at three three different.
Speaker 4: Three different occasions.
Speaker 2: That's like, what is he doing?
Speaker 3: And then I mean he's like nineteen years old.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the dude obviously is talented, and they knew they had a position of need. They could he would play a lot this year, be one our best receivers, and he just has just blown it again.
Speaker 2: He's got to also, though, have some sort of charm Shandan to continue to get brought back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he just does whatever he wants. He sounds like he doesn't really care about the rules.
Speaker 4: And I don't know what happened at Louisville. But he left Louisville to go to Baylor. He wasn't at Louisville very long, so I.
Speaker 3: Don't know if he moved in unbelievable. Well do we think Vince calls him, brings him to Louisville now for.
Speaker 2: Well, it depends. I mean I think somebody may do it just out of desperation. He's got the time. I mean, maybe he's back here.
Speaker 3: How many chances can you give it?
Speaker 2: How many times can we have him here? Be the fourth?
Speaker 3: That's why I said, I'm not counted out. And when you when he's already done it three times at this point, sure or whatever, but.
Speaker 2: This is our first like will Stein dismissal for behavior. So you know he was.
Speaker 3: When they brought him back, even though stun didn't have him the first two. He had to have been on a short lease like probably we need you on your best behavy. He was at he was at Uh, he was a picture day. He's gonna be in the picture. The four days ago, a picture of him in his jersey said year three, let's go, and then that think goes.
Speaker 2: The next day he was going, wow, all right, who's up next, Daniel, Daniel, go ahead, Daniel.
Speaker 8: Well, I was gonna say, the flowers that you have were probably high drainers, but someone's already run for me. But if they were guardangas, you would have known because they have a really fragrant flower and they last a pretty long time. But then they turned round. But the hot drangers were probably just what.
Speaker 2: Your Yeah, I think that's what I think. That's apparently what I have, and uh, hopefully they'll bounce back, maybe like Hardley Gilmore. They come, they go, they come, they go. There you go, appreciate it, there you go. Yes, I like you know you never one of things I like about this. There's all experts except on one topic. Nobody can fix fountains.
Speaker 3: Still no fountain help.
Speaker 2: One guy said he can fix it, and then I lost his text message.
Speaker 4: I feel like he deleted it.
Speaker 2: I don't think the world wants fountains.
Speaker 3: To be fixed, just as all hope you let's take a picture.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to hold out it was working yesterday. You know there was. I saw a story though about AI that a lot of these AI companies are starting to panic Shannon because they they had all this idea of all the ways people were going to use AI, and they basically have realized that the only ways people use it is as Google, so essentially just googling things and to create sloppy pictures. And they're like, we but you can, we can do all this other stuff. And everybody's like, no, Google, and give me a picture that I agree with you. But they're like, the whole business model is propped on this idea that they're good, you're gonna do all these other things. Now I don't even know what that would be, Like, what are they gonna do. They're not gonna come to my house and fix the fountain. They can tell you, but that's Google.
Speaker 3: No, it's better when you say, like you got to find a website, Okay, but it's just condensing Google.
Speaker 5: But it's all putting it there one paragraph on how.
Speaker 2: To what happens if they put all the websites out of business and then when they search to do it, there's nothing to search, Well, then that's a problem.
Speaker 3: Well, most of the websites that are existed, They've already stole all that info.
Speaker 2: And see, I think we're headed. Can I make a legal prediction, Yes, we are headed for what will be one of the bigger Supreme Court cases of our generation, which is intellectual property holders are going and they already have, I think, sued these AI companies basically saying you are taking what I've written and compiling it for your purposes, and they're going to sue under copyright, and the Supreme Court is gonna have to decide, essentially, is all the information that AI is built upon stolen material? And if so, do they have to pay all the people they stole it from? And if they do, then the companies just they won't be able to do it. I don't know what they'll do. I think legally, there's a strong argument that the whole basis of AI, we are compiling the world's information. You are stealing the world's information. Right, However, what are you going to do? The whole economy is gonna be based on this. He's just gonna break the whole economy. That case will probably come to the Supreme Court in the next two or three years, and I have no idea what they'll do, because if you look historically at copyright cases, the conservatives and liberals don't line up to what you would think. They sort of split off in different ways. So I have no idea what the court would decide, but it does feel like to me they just the AI just steals.
Speaker 3: But like who's in for? Like yesterday I took a picture of my yard and asked Chad, I was like, what kind of weed is this?
Speaker 2: And it tells me the exactly weird To get out what that weat is, it is looking at websites that classify weeds.
Speaker 3: But what website can be? Like, well, I'm the one that knows.
Speaker 2: That's a great question.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you would find out which one they stole, But we usually don't say you can steal the You know, you're fine to steal as long as you steal so much that we don't know where it came from. So I don't It's legitimately baffling to me how this will work. But my point was that people again use AI just as.
Speaker 3: Google, which is or more so of the stupid pictures, like we need these data farms because people can't stop photoshopping themselves we.
Speaker 2: Have friends who it's like just constant of those pictures.
Speaker 4: So here I have a question for you, mister lowdog. Okay, if you own a website, does that mean you own that information in your website?
Speaker 2: Out sort of? Okay, so missus long, but I'll do the short version so that we can then take a break. If Kentucky is playing, let's take Kentucky's open practice yesterday, and let's say Jerome Morton wins Winner of the Summer. If KSR rights that Jerome Morton won Winner of the Summer, we don't own the fact that he won Winner of the Summer. That's a fact, right. But if we say, but the writing in which we describe how he won, we own that. So you own the artistic way you say something, but you don't own the fact. So when I was coming up on the blog, people will say Matt Jones steals information, I distinctly would say, there's a difference between the fact and how you wrote it. So if I just take your paragraphs and put them on my site, I'm stealing your work. That's a copyright violation. But if I say, Justin Rowland says Drew Franklin, is leaning Tennessee. That's a fact, and that is okay. So how much of what AI is doing is taking the fact and how much is taking the writing? You see what I'm.
Speaker 4: Saying, AI eventually have to say according to KSR.
Speaker 2: When they say, I don't know that, we'll have to see what courts say they have to say. But it's I do think it's going to be a fascinating question, and I honestly think nine old Supreme Court justices probably are not the people to decide it, but that's who will do it. We'll take a break in very backs, Kiss Quarterback, take you sports Radio. You can kick back with Cornbread's Organic Social Sprints, a functional beverage made with adaptogens and neurotropics for a light lift without hemp or alcohol. You can find it at liquor Barn, Total Wine, fresh Market, Coxes, and Evergreen Liquors across Kentucky. Cornbreadhimp dot Com slash action to join Cornbread in the fight Cornbread Hemp Grown for the good Life. I'm always amazed when the topic of law or things come up the way people will write me with very confident statements that are completely wrong. On the text machine, one person writes Matt, how can be a copyright violation if everything on the Internet is public domain, that's not a true statement. Everything on the Internet is not pull Everything on the internet's pretty much owned right again, use KSRS example, everything on that website is now a copyright of on three everything. If you take an article that Drew Franklin writes and you put it somewhere else in theory, you could be sued. Now, people don't do it because it's a hassle. I mean I was sued. What what are you laughing about it? I mean there, because you're right, there are people that do it, and those people could be suit I mean, is it worth going after them? No? But they could. And what you always got to say to people is when you do that, one of these days if you get if you start making money, they'll sue you. In the early days of KSR, in the early days of KSR, we would just like a career journal would have a picture and we just put on KSR. And then one time I got sued and so I stopped because then they were right. Honestly, they were right. You can't do that. But AI does that with everybody's pictures.
Speaker 4: So just something like just listen to you guys talk about it. You're right. If they take sources from a thousand different things, a million different, million different things, how do you police that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Maybe you don't. Maybe you just say it's too big to fail. But that's we'll see. There'll be nine justices of the Supreme Court who will say that. Chris Bailey from WYT is on the phone. Chris Bailey's not here to give his legal opinion. He's here to give his weather opinion. And Chris Billy is getting married. And what is this Lancaster?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Lockridge Park and Lancas Lockridge.
Speaker 2: Park in Lancaster, five thirty pm. Give us the weather forecast.
Speaker 9: Overlooking the Kentucky River. Did I hear him say that.
Speaker 2: A few days?
Speaker 4: Agoes? That's wrong, right, No, we were there.
Speaker 2: I did a show there, but I thought people are telling me it's actually Lake Harrington. Is that not right? Regardless, you know where it is, tell me what you think? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah, Well, first off, congrats Billy, it's a big day for you, buddy. Well, you know the old adage, a little rain on your wedding day is supposedly good luck. There's likely to be some scattershower tomorrow, some rumbles of thunder five thirty?
Speaker 2: I think, is that?
Speaker 7: What is that?
Speaker 9: What time is time?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 9: I recall him saying that few days ago on air, So yes, I think at that moment it is that we're walking a fine line with the thunderstorms trying to go.
Speaker 2: To our south as opposed to kind of hanging there.
Speaker 9: So we're, yeah, we're going to be right on that balancing line a little bit.
Speaker 2: Uh. Which is which is for what he wants to do the worst because he doesn't know what it will be in or out?
Speaker 9: Yeah? Yeah, yeah exactly, And obviously the safe bed is in.
Speaker 2: But at the at that.
Speaker 9: Point, you know, it's uh on whether or not it rains in Lancaster overlooking the Lake Carrington or the Kentucky River wherever we're talking here, Uh is a game time decision.
Speaker 2: And let me ask you this, Chris, Let's say Chris Bailey's let's say Billy was Chris Bailey's son, and you know they have a big they've got a big surprise thing plan that has to be out side. Yeah, would you say today in or out? All right?
Speaker 7: I would be saying, so listen, your old man is gonna give you a little sage advice here, I would say that inside is much safer than the outside route because.
Speaker 2: Because here here, here's the thing with it.
Speaker 9: I mean, is there the chance that you could go all the way through six thirty or seven tomorrow and that wedding is over without you know, one of those thunderstorms hitting that exact spot tomorrow. Yes, but you look at what happened just here in Lexington two days ago, east end of town. We had four and a half inches of rain on Paris Pike. It didn't rain or drop at the Fayette Mall. So you know, you hope for Billy's sake, if you're going to be outside, you're in the Fayette Mall part of flank.
Speaker 2: Will he be on Paris Pike or will be this is what we're talking about, or or is he going to be right in the middle.
Speaker 9: He's going to be betwixt the two as we would.
Speaker 2: Mario gets rained on. Ryan does not what side of the aldi. That's right? All right? Hey, Chris Bley, Chris Mayley w k y T at Kentucky Weather on Twitter, thank you very much, my friend. You're welcome.
Speaker 9: And guys, if you're all outside of more need an update, text me, call me, We'll give you.
Speaker 3: Some play by play.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, thank you man, appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Wow, what do you do if.
Speaker 5: You're We're gonna ge drenched, aren't we?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I kind of feel like Chris is playing a nice I kind of think, I know, Billy, they're going to push it.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're going to push it. I think they're gonna try.
Speaker 4: It's hard headed, headed and so much playing has gone into this.
Speaker 2: I think he's going to push it. So I think it's we could get wet.
Speaker 3: I just got my my shoes reshined and polished for this. I need to change to boots.
Speaker 2: I think it could be a boot day. I think I think I've just changed. I think I'm gonna.
Speaker 4: Wear boot I'm definitely bringing an umbrellade wet.
Speaker 2: Ryan Lemon doing the prayer.
Speaker 3: On the body of water is the Dix River, So it's neither the Kentucky River. It is a tributary. It's Dick overlooking the Dicks River.
Speaker 4: That's part of the Kentucky River.
Speaker 3: Yes, and then.
Speaker 2: Because because a bunch of the listeners said that's what was there.
Speaker 3: Well, then the river leads into that right sure.
Speaker 2: Okay, by the way, a lot of people have said they they think it's neat that you're praying. They've asked if Mario can film your prayer? Would you be okay with that?
Speaker 4: Sure, just put your heads down, your eyes, your head, film doing that.
Speaker 2: I think you're allowed. God allows you to film it. God allows Mario. He gets a break for social media.
Speaker 5: I don't think God cares about social God.
Speaker 2: Has a prayer social media asterisk.
Speaker 5: He's up something.
Speaker 3: Churches stream every Sunday. Someone can run the camera points to help get the messages.
Speaker 2: Okay with that? Okay, I think that would be sweet. That's all will film though, Yeah, right back out