Speaker 1: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya rap An iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: I want to redo that intro. What just because we took out the People's Choice Award winning and you know what, we never lose that title. Just because years have gone by that we didn't win doesn't mean that we are no longer.
Speaker 3: I think Mark may have just chosen a different.
Speaker 4: One that's a regular intro.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, I'm going to take it back. You don't have to worry.
Speaker 3: Mark is giving me, this is giving me the energy of like, here's the thing. Do I agree that? First of all, hello, everybody strumming.
Speaker 2: Dub and okay, I.
Speaker 5: Think the thing is what's the thing?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: You know when someone goes on a show and it was like, not they're not a scripted show, not like a friends, but like a reality show, for instance, me going on the Bachelor.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, and then all I have to.
Speaker 3: Show for my whole life is my time on the Bachelor, which I give nods to my Bachelor time all the time because I'm it's it's the reason why I'm sitting here with you lovely people doing this podcast. However, if I never have anything beyond that, and I only hold on to that and it's like my one thing that I need as an intro for every day.
Speaker 2: But let me play Devil's Attorney here because it's also on the flip side. If if you're like one of those people who are famous for the Bachelor, and then you go on a talk show and you say, please don't ask me any questions about being on the Bachelor.
Speaker 5: I hate when people do that.
Speaker 3: That's not the same thing I think we I think every single episode of our podcast two times a week hearing two times award winning podcast.
Speaker 6: Subscribe, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Do you want our title or would you like?
Speaker 3: No, we're not stripped of our title just because it's not in our intro.
Speaker 6: We're always People's Choice Award winners.
Speaker 3: It's sitting on my shelf for ever, like it's in my heart forever. But I think our goal should be for the next to win, to win a fresh one.
Speaker 2: Yes, but I think it shouldn't be a People's Choice award. I think we should aim bigger, like what an Emmy? Can we even be eligible for that?
Speaker 3: In the award winning podcast?
Speaker 4: That be something we're starting over.
Speaker 1: Here we go scrubbing in with Tilly and Tanya rad and iHeartRadio and two times People's Choice Award winning podcast.
Speaker 2: She even sounds more exciting, so much better.
Speaker 3: I didn't know the tone was so different.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like, here's a podcast, man, podcast.
Speaker 3: Here we go. It sounds better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I said so.
Speaker 3: And and we aim to continue to strive for Emmy's and Grammy's and uh oscar.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I went on this pursuit a while ago. I don't really know.
Speaker 3: Yeah you did. I remember this what other awards.
Speaker 5: We could win?
Speaker 2: But I'm sure they're out there. There's got to be other awards out there.
Speaker 3: Even if we could win an iHeart Radio.
Speaker 5: And you know what, I like the nomination.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm not gonna sit here and be like, oh.
Speaker 2: Does it matter to you know? It's an honor to just do No. I love the nominations.
Speaker 3: Well, no, of course. Like to be recognized for work is a great feeling. Yeah, there's no denying that.
Speaker 5: No, no new So I love your hair length, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's giving what big wife energy?
Speaker 5: Yes, you know what somebody said to me.
Speaker 3: I saw Molly May.
Speaker 2: They said, it's giving Molly May, and I have never felt felt more of a compliment in my core in my life, like Molly May is like.
Speaker 3: Peak, Okay, see that means nothing to me. I saw you posted that, but I know it means a lot to you.
Speaker 5: It means the world to me.
Speaker 6: Are you joking?
Speaker 5: It means the world. It's giving Molly May.
Speaker 2: You basically could say like it's giving.
Speaker 5: Jesus christos like I don't know how much higher up you can get Jesus.
Speaker 4: Correct, Yeah, Molly May is Jesus Christ.
Speaker 3: Of Tonya's life looks of looks okay, Well, I mean, I of course know who that is.
Speaker 4: Anyone listening who might not.
Speaker 2: Molly May was on season five of UK Love Island. She ended up with Tommy Fury. They had a child named Bambi together. They are no longer together, although I do think they will get back together. There was rumors of infidelity. We're not totally sure. But she's like an icon. She is a legend. She's so cute. I always think her fashion is so cute. I think her style. I was so cute, obsessed with her.
Speaker 3: Well. They actually had a viral moment on TikTok because there was a photo of them leaving the.
Speaker 5: Airport, Molly and Tommy.
Speaker 3: And the baby and she was pushing the stroller and rolling luggage, and he just had like one thing in his hand. And people are like, this is the ultimate red flag. Why is he not carrying everything and just letting her push the stroller? And so people are like posting photos of like other men just like carrying all the luggage and the woman having like barely anything.
Speaker 5: Do you understand.
Speaker 2: I didn't even realize until I started after we got married and I was doing a couple trips solo. I hadn't lifted a bag into the overhead compartment in years because Robbie just does it for me.
Speaker 3: Neither has Hayley I do.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he like rolls my bags like I don't have to. I literally don't have to lift a finger.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well take note, Tom, Molly Ray does apparently.
Speaker 3: Just better off. Well, I don't know, maybe they're back together, as you said, rumors are speculating.
Speaker 5: Well, I think she deserves better anyways. Anyway, MOLLI may side, How are you.
Speaker 3: Feeling about the hair, because there was just like a shift, like you went from like girlfriend fiance to like wife with the haircut?
Speaker 5: Really?
Speaker 3: Yeah, what does it, dud?
Speaker 5: Does it sophisticate me?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: It just is like you know, in a parent trap.
Speaker 8: Don't like old. No, Okay, sophisticated is a good word. Like it's just like acquired, sure, acquired Meredith Blake and the parent trap. Uh huh kind of that vibe.
Speaker 5: I don't like her.
Speaker 3: Okay, she's a legend, thanks mart.
Speaker 5: She's a legend, but like not a nice one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But people in the people have been also saying I understand Meredith Blake more now as an adult, because you have these two parents who purposely separated their twins on purpose, they chose not to see one of their children for forever, and.
Speaker 5: Then that is so weird if you think about it.
Speaker 3: And then you have these two, these little brats that are trained places on you, and you're just trying to marry a rich man in your twenties and have a good life for yourself and they're making it hell. And I was like, they're not wrong.
Speaker 5: No, No, I.
Speaker 4: Looked her up too. Meredith's hair is way shorter than Tanya's hair.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But like I'm just saying it, it's like this, like she was in her mid twenties in that show, and I remember.
Speaker 5: The same same, same mid twenties.
Speaker 3: It's giving just elevated new phase of life.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's for just new phase of life.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how I'm giving that energy because I feel it in my soul.
Speaker 3: Good. I'm glad the Molly May Wife era. How was your weekend? How are your celebrations?
Speaker 5: My weekend was good. How was your weekend?
Speaker 3: It was good? Pretty low key, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: Chill vibes.
Speaker 3: They're just like working away on our house, so it's just construction all day, all every day, and Haley goes ga on the weekends. Well, so the first weekend they didn't come until I was like, oh, I guess they don't do the weekends, which I'm indifferent about. I'm like, they deserve a break obviously. Yeah, and it's nice not to have the sound.
Speaker 5: And your neighbors probably enjoy them too.
Speaker 3: And then they came this Saturday and Haley was like, maybe you could call and see if they could give us a heads up if they're coming on the weekend. I'm like no, I was like, I just want them to come, and like, the the more they're working, the faster it's done. Yeah, like this is just a small bloop in time. Don't sew them down.
Speaker 5: No, I agree, but it might not be nice to your neighbors.
Speaker 3: My neighbors are going to be Okay, I've listened to a lot of sounds around me first I.
Speaker 5: Have too, and it's so annoying.
Speaker 3: I know it's not great.
Speaker 5: I'm like, if the.
Speaker 2: People above me want to make one more floating statue or what, I don't even know what they're making up there, like throw us a bottle of wine.
Speaker 3: I should maybe go deliver some wine.
Speaker 2: Or something nice, maybe like a cute little like earphone, like a ear plugs with like a you know, like a sweet tree or.
Speaker 3: Something noise canceling headphones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that'd be so nice, Ricey, Yeah, you know what I'm saying, Like the little ear like the ones you stick inside.
Speaker 5: Your ears that like block out noise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with like a cute little like bottle of wine and maybe like a sweet treat.
Speaker 3: Okay, well I'll think.
Speaker 5: About that with a nice little poem.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, hopefully so sorry your saturdays are noisy. Hopefully this alcohol will make it all noisy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but you just can't assume that everyone drinks. Like what would East and Allison do if their neighbor brought earphones and had a sweet.
Speaker 2: Treet you'd enjoy the sweet tree, and you made the bottle of wine to take to somebody else.
Speaker 3: Oh that's good a regift.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a boss one time gave you a basket of booze. Yeah, not a good showed me how little he knows about me. Yeah, so it was disappointing. I just distributed amongst the staff because they all are very happy to get the free booze.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, it's good. It's nice to have it on hand.
Speaker 4: It was like it was like beer and whiskey. But I can't take this home to my wife. Gave it all the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but don't you think even if somebody didn't enjoy alcohol, they would enjoy a nice little limerick with a gesture.
Speaker 5: I think you can't go wrong.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'll think. Oh, I'll think.
Speaker 2: Maybe iTunes gift card.
Speaker 3: Down iTunes again. Speaking of music and tales and six we neither of us went to Coachella, none of us. Yeah, correct, we were not there, and I went through a range of emotions. Oh, tell me about it, because I went to Coachella in twenty sixteen, like I think there fondly. Yeah, I mean it was, yeah, it was, but I went hard you know, it was likest Bachelor peak, like right when they started all the parties and stuff, so it wasn't as chaotic an influencer heavy yet. And I remember being like, I don't know if I ever want to come back here. My feet hurt, it's dusty. I don't know that I'm having the best time. And then I went back when in twenty and eighteen Haley performed, until I went and just saw her performance. Yeah, So I haven't been since then. So I watch it every year and I'm like, oh, man, like, should I be going to that, Like I'm young.
Speaker 1: Ish, I'm youngish, and you know, it's like looks like such a vibe and everyone's getting ready and getting their hair and makeup done and doing their videos, and then I.
Speaker 3: Really put myself there, and I'm like, I would be so miserable there. Yeah, I would be spiraling over my outfit, probably feeling bloated, not feeling cute, having to walk. They took away the bikes where you can get on the back of the bikes. I would have shut down. But then there's this part of me that goes I think what I envy is like the youth and the energy you can have that. You literally still listen to do it. I really don't.
Speaker 5: Yes, you do. You act like you're like so old, No, not old.
Speaker 3: But like the they're like energy and excitement to go do that.
Speaker 2: I don't have it, and that's fine, I know, but I think what you long.
Speaker 3: For that in thefore, Like I look at Alex Earl and she's just raging in her like booty shorts and like cute like Coachella inspired aged.
Speaker 5: Three weeks ago, four weeks ago at my wedding. You still have it in you for one night?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I can for one night.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but it's also about who you go with.
Speaker 3: And all my friends are like old old and even trying to have babies.
Speaker 2: Or likes so funny is like I first got I've live gone several years. I've gone like twenty fourteen, sixteen, seventeen eighteen, like you name it. I was boots on the ground. I love Coachella. I love the live music. I was never stressed about my outfits. I was just like in it for like.
Speaker 3: The music, the festival, Yes of it, Yeah.
Speaker 5: I loved it.
Speaker 2: However, this year I was watching videos and I was like, there is not one part, not one ounce of me that has fomo of not being there. Yeah, not to say that I don't ever want to go back. I think this year in particular, I feel like I've had a very hectic month and like I've been so like out of place and all over the place that I'm like yearning for just like being home, nesting, nesting a little bit, and so like I literally had zero. When I say like probably negative fomo, I had like negative fomo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think of what I had was fomo of the event. Like I know that being there, i'd be over stimulated with the crowd and like cry trying to get and was like in.
Speaker 5: The Coachella cough after, Yeah.
Speaker 3: And like trying to get the uber and your feet hurting. So like I don't necessarily feel like I had that I had foamo like youth.
Speaker 5: Well, let's run it back in the summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll call it. Oh, we're doing our own Yeah, we'll call it Bonya Bella.
Speaker 3: Oh and it's just like your cowboy boots. Oh.
Speaker 6: Feels like a supplement would be advertising.
Speaker 2: By Bella mixed between Coachella and stage coach.
Speaker 3: Okay for all. That's the thing is I've gone to stage coach. Like last year we went for the day Alie and I and I was exhausted. Yeah, we fought to Hot Dusty.
Speaker 4: It's it's just a circle of life, though, isn't it. I Mean, this happened to everybody, but and they fight it because they still think. No, I'm still the same person that raged at music festivals. I'm not older than that.
Speaker 3: But you are.
Speaker 4: And it's okay, I am and from my distant age, it's it's just it happens to everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I I don't know that I ever enjoyed it.
Speaker 4: I think that's true of a lot of people if they're honest.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I think that I romanticize what it was or is and I actually wouldn't have fun. But I also think those things are all about who you're with. Yeah, and if you're not with people that make everything fun, it's just like anything, it's not fun.
Speaker 5: It's true.
Speaker 3: So that's a little bit about me. But I was just like eating up the performances and the content.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The video of Lady Gaga, which I don't know which song it is, it's the one that sounds like a Taylor Swift song. Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, just walking down like the Lou like this is.
Speaker 5: A mom so cool?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how bad do you want me?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I love that song. And then I'm obsessed with Lisa, I know, but it's more like Mooke.
Speaker 2: I'm obsessed with But Mooke was such a non like move nothing. I know, she was nothing, like literally nothing. She was a small role. But like I was obsessed with her me too.
Speaker 3: I think I just was introduced to her through Mook and so when I saw her perform, I was like, she's so beautiful.
Speaker 2: I'm like weirdly obsessed with the White Lotus cast this season, Like I am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: It's like I cannot get enough any story that comes out about any of that.
Speaker 4: Clips come up on my TikTok.
Speaker 5: I watch everyone, every single one.
Speaker 3: Well, I wanted to talk about ah Amy Lou and Patrick Swort Snagger, but first we're gonna take a break. All right, we're back. So wait before we moved to the White Lotus cast, I love that Lady Gaga saying like shallow and all her old stuff, like it wasn't just all her new stuff, which I know that most people for Coach.
Speaker 2: They she's on the super Bowl halftime show, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: I was like, this is her audition for the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, what would be the lineup to get you back at Coachella?
Speaker 5: Like headliners, it'd be it'd be a steep Jonas brothers. Oh, they got the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 4: There, you go for the Jonas Brothers.
Speaker 5: I think, yeah, wow, yea, even.
Speaker 3: Though you could just go to Jonas Cohn and hang.
Speaker 2: Out different it's different in the fields, you know, it's a different vibe.
Speaker 3: My headliners would be Taylor Swift, Uh, Harry Styles.
Speaker 2: He did it, yeah, I know, yeah, but if he came back, yeah yeah, Beyonce, Beyonce.
Speaker 5: That was pretty big.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, well that was the one that Haley performed, but we didn't stay with left. Yeah.
Speaker 2: That was like a euphoria and I went I was alone for that performance, by the way, Like I literally it was with my boss. Piatta was there for work and she was like, I don't want to go in the crowds. I was like, I'm going by myself. I just like wheeled my way in there.
Speaker 3: I bet you were. You could have gotten really close when you're a.
Speaker 2: Lone ranger, like, oh my gosh, I didn't get so close, but like I was not far.
Speaker 3: But I was like sitting watching it on my couch, and I thought, well, this is a nice way to see it. Yeah, feel closer than you know.
Speaker 5: We could do.
Speaker 2: We could have Vania Bella and we could watch it on the TV and the comfort of like our couch and like our sweats.
Speaker 3: Oh so like it's a Coachella party, yeah, like a yeah, even though that's not what I'm longing for.
Speaker 5: Ye, let me think on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, well we'll troubleshoot that.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 3: So your obsessed with white Lotus cast? Yes? What who are who? And what are you obsessed with about them?
Speaker 5: All of them?
Speaker 3: But what?
Speaker 5: What are you obsessed the inter personal relationships?
Speaker 2: The Like I love the story that Patrick Schwarzenegger told about how like he couldn't even tell his fiance who his love scenes were with and that she was like wanting to know or whatever. Then when spoiler alert she found out that it was his brother, she was like.
Speaker 5: You kind of told me that. I wouldn't have been like upset, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like, do you know what's so funny is that someone I think chicks in the office posted that story, just like the quote of what he said about Hobby, and everyone in the comments was like, this is not healthy, Like she like, oh, she's healthy in this relationship. And I was thinking, Okay, if your fiance was going off shooting a show, especially like White Lotus, and you knew that they're gonna be hooking up, you'd want to know who it is. Yeah, so normal people are so you guys? Yeah see, yeah, definitely.
Speaker 5: It was like a meeting with new clients and I'm like, why.
Speaker 7: Are girls so funny?
Speaker 5: I was like, it's a little older man.
Speaker 3: I'm like, oh bless, Yeah, that's really funny.
Speaker 2: But yeah no, and then like all the drama between like Amy Lou and uh Walter Goggins.
Speaker 3: What Everton is not as normal as well as Walter.
Speaker 2: Yeah that like one of them unfollowed the other on Instagram, so there was all this scuttle that they were.
Speaker 4: I missed that drama.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I did, too, well, Get in my lore, get in my lore algorithm.
Speaker 3: I've only seen that she was upset with the SNL impression, which I didn't watch. I don't watch SNL, but what she upset about.
Speaker 4: I've watched SNL religiously. Uh, for longer than most of you listening have been alive. I love that show. I watch it every week. I'll never miss it. I have since I was in middle school. That's a very funny sketch, But that the joke about Amy loeu Wood was not funny.
Speaker 3: What was?
Speaker 4: It was just they put Sarah Sherman in these big, gross teeth and it just wasn't it just mean? It just seemed mean. It seemed like the SNL of old company evolves.
Speaker 2: But I feel like that's what they do. They just like make fun of people all the time.
Speaker 6: Every other joke on sketches making fun of like a political figure. Yeah, and this was just making fun of.
Speaker 4: Her team yourself, But that was simply about Amy Leewood's teeth.
Speaker 3: And I did not like it, Yeah, like just on her personal appearance as opposed to like something that she did or said. It was just like based on how.
Speaker 5: I feel like, that's what SNL does all the time. That's why I don't like it.
Speaker 4: You don't watch it.
Speaker 5: I know that's not true. Are you sure they are constantly making fun of people?
Speaker 4: Well, that's true, but it's usually people who bring it on themselves. Like politicians for.
Speaker 5: Example, No, it's not justice.
Speaker 4: And even if it's politicians, you don't just make fun of their physical appearance. You make fun of their mannerisms, things they do, things they've actually politically done.
Speaker 5: What about non politicians, I mean.
Speaker 4: Actors and stuff. I mean sure, but typically you're not making fun of somebody just because you find them unattractive or they're too heavy. Although in the old days they did, and that's what it felt like. It felt like SNL from the eighties, where they would actually make fun of somebody just for being heavy. That's not comedy anymore. We have evolved as a society.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah. And also the thing is is that I feel like everyone loves her for how she like. I think they love that she doesn't look like everybody else, that she has her unique features.
Speaker 4: There's a reason she's the breakout star of that cast. Whether it's because she's beautiful or because she's likable or whatever it is, there's a reason all of it.
Speaker 2: I think very unique. Like I definitely feel like her teeth make her very unique. I think she's stunning, and I think her personality and I don't know her, but I her character that her personality that came through in her character was so like gleeful, yes, yeah, yeah, So it's like all those three things combined I feel like made her like But.
Speaker 4: That's also what added to the tone deafness of the joke is that America clearly loves her and so you're just gonna make fun of her face. Like that's not that's not the vibe right now. The vibe is how amazing is shit?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Into that?
Speaker 2: If anybody is obsessed like I am, and you want to take your loure to the next level. Watch the creator Mike White on his season of Survivor.
Speaker 5: It is so good.
Speaker 2: And he brings in past contestants like cast mats from his season of Survivor and like puts them at as like people, passer buyers, whatever, like extras.
Speaker 5: So what in the white lotuses?
Speaker 3: What did he do before he was a writer.
Speaker 5: Or not always been? So when he was on Survivor, he was like a producer.
Speaker 4: I knew who he was when he was on Survivor White That's like.
Speaker 5: He didn't have the white lotus.
Speaker 4: He was like well before yeah.
Speaker 2: He was like I didn't know who I was, Like cool producer of Hollywood stuff, you.
Speaker 5: Know, what I mean.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: And by the way, the reason they started the White Lotus in the first place, I just heard this and an interview he did. I thought that was so interesting. During the pandemic, he was super bored, and so we reached out to HBO and said, hey, maybe we could do something like a bubble show where the whole cast and crew are together and we could just do it. And that shy was like, oh, you mean, like everybody's on zoom and everybody talks to no, no, no, no, no, it's not a zoom show. I'm thinking all these resorts in Hawaii are empty because nobody's traveling, so they're all closed down. What if we take over one of these resorts, the cast and crew all stay there, so it's a bubble nobody leaves nobody, you know, everybody's tested every day and you get you know, get sick, and I'll just come up with something. Whoa, That's how it started.
Speaker 3: It's so genius.
Speaker 5: I wish that as me when I was born. Right, Yes, I'm bored. I just like scrawl on my phone.
Speaker 2: I need to find something to do, like clean a drawer or something I don't like in your water bottle.
Speaker 5: Nope. I think I've watched it once since we've had that conversation.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, man, I think have you ever time a washman? Which is a week?
Speaker 5: Often waste of time?
Speaker 3: So some people went to space this morning? Yeah, eleven minutes. I was very confused by this because I thought they were going on like a kind of not the moon, but like I thought they were somewhere longer and further. I don't know. I didn't like look into it that deeply, but what I knew about people going on trips to space was it lasted longer than eleven minutes.
Speaker 5: No, that's what many people say about many things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: That was a good one. I think it's coming out of my mouth. I thought she could make a good joke right here.
Speaker 5: Thank you. Can I say something that's kind of controversial, Oh my god.
Speaker 4: Please answer your question. That's what the space tourism thing is because they're not trained astronauts, so they just go up kind of touch space and come back down again. That's the origin idea.
Speaker 3: That's the new concept, I guess.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Anyway, so much as it, Oh, it's a lot, but I don't than Katie paid that. I think.
Speaker 2: Bezosa I don't care about space. Everybody's so fascinated about like all.
Speaker 5: This stuff out there, like, yeah, let's got a space. I'm like, I we have enough.
Speaker 2: Issues on our own planet, Like let's figure out our own before we start flying into the sky and like doing all this other stuff.
Speaker 5: Like let's like, let's focus on our planet a little bit.
Speaker 6: We know the bottom of the ocean where you stand on.
Speaker 2: That, no desire to go down there, happy to swim in the ocean, don't need to go down into a submarine to go see it.
Speaker 9: Because they say we know less about the bottom of the ocean than we do about outer space.
Speaker 5: Yeah, fine by me.
Speaker 3: But you know, my thing with the ocean, though, is that that directly affects our planet right It's outer space directly affecting what's happening to our planet right now.
Speaker 2: I mean, I guess when you like think about like the push and the pull of the like atonomic.
Speaker 5: Controversial now thank you.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, but Megan Mark, I guess.
Speaker 5: In the big picture you would say it is.
Speaker 2: But like I'm with you, I feel like it is no correlation to our day to day I'm lessening.
Speaker 3: Like Haley loves space, She's into. She loves everything, astronaut movies, anything, she eats it up. I could care less. Really, someone was like, you can go ride and go up to space. I'd be like, no, thank you, Like I need you care that much.
Speaker 5: I'd like to keep my boots on the ground, stay here.
Speaker 3: No thank you.
Speaker 4: I'm not even reaching for the stars. That's the rest of your feet on the ground.
Speaker 5: Keep reaching for the stars, my feet on the ground.
Speaker 3: But I'm with you the amountain, Let's like, let's like.
Speaker 2: Put all this money and like, let's try and find a cure for cancer, find a cure for all these things. Let's fear our ecosystem of poverty. There's there's a lot that these resources that are going in to fly these six people up there. Let's take that those millions of dollars and put it elsewhere.
Speaker 5: So get off my soapbox.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it was good. It was good. And I don't know that that's very controversial.
Speaker 2: But so people seem so obsessed with these watching these nine people for nine months in space, I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh, well that was kind of a thing because they were stuck up there.
Speaker 5: Let's not send them in the first place.
Speaker 3: Well, they're doing those people are doing.
Speaker 4: Like research is anti sciences line. We need to know science, research things to solve our problems, and much of that can happen in space.
Speaker 3: Those people who were stuck up there, we those people are very important. But I'm saying these rides up and down, Yeah, maybe that money and energy could be place elsewhere. But I guess you could say that. You could say about Coachella, you could say about everything.
Speaker 5: True facts, back up facts.
Speaker 3: So but my very thing is that my TikTok algorithm is like very anti this whole. They're just like, this is kind of our opinion.
Speaker 2: Was it her?
Speaker 5: Was it Olivia Mon?
Speaker 3: Who was it?
Speaker 5: That was on the Today Show?
Speaker 3: That was like, was it em Rada?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 3: Who?
Speaker 2: Was it?
Speaker 5: Marketing Google?
Speaker 3: Em Rada was saying like why are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Somebody was on The Today Show with Jenna and they were like.
Speaker 5: Kind of like why are what? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 5: Why? But there's Olivia Mon. Gail King, huh, I thought it was Olivia Mon.
Speaker 4: I'm going to spend some time looking for that.
Speaker 5: Gotta be a quick one.
Speaker 3: Gail King said that when they got back, she was like, Yeah, there's this amazing moment where Katy Perry started singing, what a wonderful world, just like what is going on?
Speaker 4: Literally the way?
Speaker 5: Yeah, what did she say?
Speaker 3: She said, what are they doing? I know this probably isn't the cool thing to say, but there are so many other things that are so important in the world right now. If you want to go to space, why do you need to tell us about it? You know, just like, go up there and have a good time, come on down. What's the point Is it historic that you guys are going on a ride? I think it's a bit gluttonous. Space exploration was to further our knowledge and to help mankind. What are they going to do up there that has made it better for us?
Speaker 2: On here, I'm going Olivia mon on this one weirdly, and I never thought i'd agree with her here I am, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know, it's it's it's one of those things where I guess you could go, you could say this about so many things that happened in the world. But I think because there's been so much direct focus on it. Yeah, obviously people there's gonna be more opinions on it, but I also I also don't need to know what's at the bottom of the ocean. It's scarier to me than space.
Speaker 2: You know, I'd like to know what's at the bottom of my stomach. Why, yeah, I don't know, Like you gotta use the bathroom noo, just like i'd like to know down. Yeah, like you can search for answers for things I'd like to know.
Speaker 3: As within the realm of possibilities, you can actually go get that nut. Yeah, speaking of medical procedures, I tried to start the pit. It was so intense. I like, couldn't. I had to turn it off.
Speaker 4: Oh well, I haven't tried it yet, but that makes me more excited to try it. I love intense.
Speaker 3: There's not there's not like music. So the scenes of them, like cracking bones, feels really wild. Yeah, it's it's very intense. But Taylor Banks told me that once you get past the first episode, which is like a hard watch because you have to adjust to the sights and sounds. Sure, it's like addicting.
Speaker 5: Oh well that might be next time. I've been watching a lot of TV lately. Oh yeah, for you, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah you're not You're not Mike White developing for shows watching TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my part, Well, like I f I think back on my week. I had a double date on Friday. It was passover on Saturday. I did a lot of like family stuff this weekend. But I feel like I've watched I watched Love on the Spectrum a full season and I loved it. We're watching Million Dollar Secret, which is so good. It's like Traders meets the Mole.
Speaker 8: Oh wow, yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 5: And we're watching The Residents on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Oh do you like that?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you know what? I think it is? And I think it's just that every Shonda Rhime show has the same tone.
Speaker 2: This one's different really because we tried to watch it the first episode and I was like, oh, I just feel like I'm watching like Grays or Scandal, with like a monologue, but with different characters in a different plot.
Speaker 5: It's a little Scandally, I guess.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, which I love Scandal. Yeah you know, but I don't know. Sometimes you just need a palate.
Speaker 2: I'm giving me the poll like Million Dollar Secret, Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah yeah. I could barely fall asleep last night without watching the final two episodes. I cannot wait to get home to night to watch the final two episodes.
Speaker 5: How sick I am?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's pretty pretty intense, not wanting to sleep.
Speaker 2: I was about stay up till midnight on a school night, just to finish this season night.
Speaker 3: You know what, I was thinking about, how like we have free will as an adult, and I was thinking about how I could just go and rent a bike and ride on the beach path if I wanted to, Like, I was thinking about doing that, just like going and renting a bike at one of those little places and just like riding because I love riding bikes, but I don't really want to ride it around my neighborhood, you know. I just want to ride somewhere with like a view and just like put my headphones on and just.
Speaker 4: Great one from Venice down all the.
Speaker 2: Way down, or like Hermosa, you can go like Hermosa to Santa Monica.
Speaker 5: Yeah, on the bike path.
Speaker 4: We ride bikes in Washington Boulevard. There's a little bike shop there. We'd rent bikes and go down around the Marina and then down towards Medondo till you get to like the fact that smoke, Yeah, come back, A's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: And I was thinking I used to do that. I used to want to live in San Diego and I would come up to l A. I would do it all the time, and I was like, I could do that. I could just do that. Why don't I do that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but I'm going to know. I'm going to. But I was just thinking about it and I was like, man, it'd be so fun to go ride bikes on the beach. And I was like, so I should do it. I should do it because I have free will and I'm an adult. I can do whatever I want.
Speaker 5: Do you want to come over for an Easter egg hunt this weekend?
Speaker 3: I could be interested. I was like, is there who's going to.
Speaker 5: Me and the kids?
Speaker 3: Oh? Yeah, yeah, that'd be fun.
Speaker 2: I'm probably just one kid at this point, because our teenager is probably gonna be like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, it'd be I. I that sounds fun. I'm gonna be alone. Haley's in Chicago. Oh yeahs a lone ranger. So I mean, if you need me any other nights.
Speaker 5: Week do you want to watch a million dollars? You're gonna say that you should come over tonight. Since it's our one month anniversary.
Speaker 2: We're gonna watch videos and photos from the wedding on the We're gonna mirror it to the TV.
Speaker 3: You don't think you just want to do that with with your husband as husband?
Speaker 5: Oh was that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, give it the two of us maybe tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Someone said that someone posted about doing their wedding and the seating arrangements, and they were saying, like, no way am I putting all my friends at the table. If I have to sit at a separate table like my photos, too bad. That's what I did.
Speaker 2: I was like, I don't want to sit at a sweetheart table, like be away from all my friends and have them all sit together. Like no, thanks, Well you were never at the table. Yeah, I barely even sit to eat.
Speaker 3: Yeah you were dancing. Yeah, okay, I want to talk about There was people confess their least favorite things about weddings, which I thought was an interesting fresh topic for us. But first we're going to take a break, all right, we are back. So people, I think someone, uh, this girl named Lana posted a TikTok saying she's planning her wedding and she wanted people in the comments to say, like things that they don't like about weddings so she knows not to do them, or we'll consider not doing them.
Speaker 5: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And so I thought it would be fun to go through some of those.
Speaker 4: I'd be curious if Tanya did any of these.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the cheesy bridesmaid's groomsmen entrance into the party. Please don't do that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we do that. That at that at that they are you're all ready for this? They do that every time, and it's not it's not it's not great.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we didn't do that.
Speaker 3: I think as the bridesmaid slash made of honor and in the weddings I've been a part of I get so stressed about what I'm gonna do to not be cringe doing a dance, and so yeah, I think it's just better for everybody. But Tonya did not do that.
Speaker 5: No, I did not.
Speaker 3: I hate when couples don't send thank you cards. But if I take an evening off, buy address, travel to your wedding, and spend one hundred bucks on a gift, a card would be nice. Well, you know.
Speaker 2: We wrote individual cards at the wedding that wins yea. No, you know what's interesting, So we didn't register because we were like, it's actually very funny.
Speaker 5: I was.
Speaker 2: We went to dinner with Brad and Gary on Friday and I was telling them because they got us a gift and they're like, you guys are a register and I was like, well, it feels weird being like, please spend thousands of dollars to come to Mexico for our wedding and please buy us a blender, you know what I mean. Like if it's felt like weird, you know what I mean. And they were like, it's very classy of you. And I was like, thank you, that's what we were going for. But we have gotten a couple of gifts. And then I'm like, but we weren't keeping track because we weren't planning on getting any. So then Robbie is like, were you keeping track of like the gifts we got and I was like no. So now I was like, He's like, we have to send thank you cards?
Speaker 5: And I was like, we already wrote cards for everybody.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that y'all are fine.
Speaker 6: I think I wrote yeah, right, I feel like I need to send you a thank you card.
Speaker 2: I was like, shoot, do we need to send thank you cards to the people that did like send us stuff?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think so, Like I think you did the card, which was like all encompassing of the efforts of coming to the wedding. I think then getting you a gift outside of that, I don't know that they need.
Speaker 5: I don't know. I'm stressed because I was not.
Speaker 3: I was like, no, maybe just a text.
Speaker 5: We didn't keep track.
Speaker 3: Well, then maybe they'll listeners.
Speaker 6: Podcast on the podcast did you get us a blender?
Speaker 4: Thank you? So cute?
Speaker 5: It's mostly cash we've gotten.
Speaker 3: Well, that's nice. Yeah, this one's interesting that I disagree with. If you want to prescribe or expect things from your bridesmaids new dress, hair, makeup at bachelorette trip, you should be fronting the cost or not expecting gifts because to me, I think obviously they're if you're not able to contribute, and it's like a financial thing. I think that's a conversation you have with the bride and just like see where y'all can meet in the middle. But to me, the bachelorette trip and like all these things is like the gift from the bridesmaid to the bride.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do think that there's also stuff that the bride should cover, Like I'm trying to think. That's why I was pretty lenient on even though I had a color. I was like, I want my bridesmaids to like their dresses. So I just kind of gave you all like freedom to choose whatever dress you wanted, and also like make up, hair and makeup. I paid for a lot of you didn't want it, so if you didn't want it, but like that type of stuff, you know what I mean, Like I felt.
Speaker 3: But I'm saying like I think that, Well, yeah, I guess if the bride is like, you need to have your hair and makeup professionally done, then I think that the bride should cover that, right. But I think the dress, even though I think everyone has an about the dress, it's just part of it. Bacheloretrop I think is more of a conversation because they've gotten like very extravagant compared to what they used to be. But I think that's just a conversation you have amongst the bridesmaids and the bride if she's involved. But I think there's more of a balance there. Someone said, I won't contribute to your honeymoon. I'm a single girl already going to your wedding. I'm not paying for your vacation.
Speaker 5: That's very funny.
Speaker 2: I kind of it's it's so tough because I like, go when you're when you're in it, right, like the decision not to register, that's why we decided not to register. But then I was like maybe I was like people want people if people want to give you something, like let's put up a honey fund, And Robbie's like, we're not putting up a honey fund, Like that's on us.
Speaker 5: This is our honey you know what I mean? Like, and it's I don't know.
Speaker 2: I feel like I always go back to like, if you're doing a destination wedding, you're expecting people to like travel and go like that's the gift in itself, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: I think I think it is different if you do a destination wedding versus a local wedding that's like a one night ask, right, I think there's more. Here's my honeymoon fund, here's my registry, right. But I think when people are flying and spending money to come and save for a whole weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's a flight, it's a hotel, it's close, like it's like a whole thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: What I always found gross is the dollar dance? Yeah, what is that where you're the bride goes out on the dance floor and she dances with who willever give her a dollar? Right? You put a dollar like on herself. Yeah, you pint a dollar to her dress and then you can dance with her, and then you guys line up and she ends up covered in dollar bills and that's it. Goes through the honeymoon funders.
Speaker 6: I gets so uncomfortable because I'm like, I'm gonna poker with the pin.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I've seen it a lot. Yeah, me too.
Speaker 3: So anyone can go up and put a dollar on the bride and get a dance with her.
Speaker 4: It's typically the males in the room. It's kind of an old school tradition.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I hate that. I don't know. Maybe there's just something sweet that I'm missing about it, but I don't like it.
Speaker 5: I don't like it either.
Speaker 3: The garter toss yealed and do a garter toss?
Speaker 5: I did, Like, I don't even think I had a garter?
Speaker 3: Did you do it?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 6: I was No, I was wearing the garter.
Speaker 9: I had a Captain America garter that I wore the whole wedding.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 6: That was awesome.
Speaker 3: I don't know if there's any others.
Speaker 4: That strangers that's ae.
Speaker 3: Or like if I don't know anyone at the wedding, let me bring a plus one. Please give me a plus.
Speaker 5: One, I will say.
Speaker 2: Because it was a big debate on the podcast prior to my wedding, the blusher or what is it, the veil over my head? Yeah, yeah, yeah, I didn't need it. I didn't need to do it. The photos didn't come back magical.
Speaker 5: They just didn't.
Speaker 4: And I'm like, you would change that if you could go back.
Speaker 2: There's a few things I would change about my wedding if I could go back.
Speaker 5: None of them. None of them like made or break, were make or break, you know what I mean. Like I'm not literally like nothing.
Speaker 4: I don't know how glorious.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but yeah, I look back at.
Speaker 2: The photos of the veil over my head and I'm like, they are not giving what Like you know, Everybody's like it's going to blow in the wind and it's going to be this like you're gonna this angel and I'm like, no, I look like I have like a thing flopping over my.
Speaker 6: Face, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's not it was not the image that everybody told me. It would be, so I would have just warn my veil back. Okay, I would have taken more photos in my reception dress. I'm like, really sad, I don't have like actual photos in my reception dress.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no photos, just memories.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I have some.
Speaker 2: They're like blurry and I'm like drunk, and I know. I wish I would have taken more time to eat. I feel like I didn't eat enough, So I wish I would have like built that in at some point to like eat.
Speaker 5: And there was one other regret.
Speaker 3: I had if I could go back scouting for the photos.
Speaker 2: Ye, scouting for photo locations. Yeah, but that's it again. None of these were make or brain.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a short look.
Speaker 4: That's good for people planning weddings or thinking of the future wedding. Keep those things in mind, Avail.
Speaker 2: You don't need to put it over your head. It's not going to be this magical photo. It's just not.
Speaker 3: But I think that was of course, we had the photo conversation, but Robbie really wanted that, right, didn't Robbie robise?
Speaker 2: For some reason, he was like, I love the idea of me like unveiling you.
Speaker 5: See me, all right, bro? You did a first look like you've seen me.
Speaker 2: Literally we wrote on a golf cart here together, like I don't know what you're trying to unveil. Yeah, he like loved the idea of me having it, So I was like what I was no skin off my back and I was like it could look cool, didn't need it.
Speaker 3: Well, that's good for the brides to be to know about the blusher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and make sure your uh bustle is bustled tight.
Speaker 3: Oh that was me. I tied it in a double knot, but in a bow instead of a just a single knot. Yeah. Fail, I know fail.
Speaker 2: I'm watching all my first dance videos. All the photos are just like slowly starts to unravel.
Speaker 3: To Haley, and I was like, oh my god, and I was like, I'm sober wrong No, but I I like, I was like, oh, I'm going to do a double knot so it stays that baby was strong. No, So make sure you do a tight knot on the bustle.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tight, nice and tight.
Speaker 4: By the way, Becka, you show the earthquake this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh weirdly, I was in I was getting acupuncture when it happened.
Speaker 4: It was dangerous.
Speaker 3: I didn't feel it, but I was thinking, like that could have been chaos, yeah, right through, because like I looked, I looked at my phone and everyone's like, did you feel the earthquake? And I was like, where was it was in San Diego? I know it was like six a six something.
Speaker 4: Five three, but we felt the way up here on the floor it was it was strong.
Speaker 5: Yeah, strong.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh from San Diego. I mean that's far drive yesterday, that's far from here, that's far.
Speaker 3: What do you do in San Diego?
Speaker 5: Well, thank you for asking.
Speaker 4: My daughter was in the us UCSD production of Footloose over the weekend, so we went down to watch that and her birthday next weekend, so we did a little birthday brunch with her friends down there. It was really nice in La Joya, Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 3: Are they wholesome or are they like party girls? Like are you?
Speaker 4: Well, that's been That's a good question because some are girls, some are not. And she gets kind of torn between the two, the party girls and the non party girls.
Speaker 3: Oh, she's like she has a balance.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we really like the sweet ones that aren't the party girls. But she really is drawn to some of the party girls, but not the extreme party girls. She doesn't like them. So it's like a balance.
Speaker 3: Don't want to be in. You don't want the extreme of anything, right, So you don't want the.
Speaker 4: Ones that are throwing up regularly.
Speaker 3: Right just once every few years, yes.
Speaker 4: And you don't want the ones that are that never go out either, that are boring, right.
Speaker 5: Right, there's some boring about that.
Speaker 4: I'm with you. I've lived I've lived that life.
Speaker 3: But there's something fun about, especially at that age of the girls who are just like, yeah, let's go to the frat house, you know whatever they do living at the front. Yeah, I know you are living at the frat house, probably rolling on the ground.
Speaker 5: And sliding into the like yeah, then your feet.
Speaker 3: Like stick to the ground because of the beer.
Speaker 2: It's actually so gross, Like when I look back on my college experience because like especially how I am now with like cleanliness and like things like that.
Speaker 5: Like they used to have these things.
Speaker 2: That were called fu bar, which stands for beyond all recognition, Yes, wow, And they would make like there they basically had like imagine like an apartment complex where like all the rooms are like in a square and then they have like a big courtyard in the middle. They would somehow block off this courtyard and make it a giant pool and you would have to like slide in and like it's just like a giant pool and you're just in it all day and you're bathing to do and you're going from frat house to frat they're all doing it, frat house to frat house. They're disgusting. There's beers in there, there's like you don't even want to know what's in there.
Speaker 3: Ew gross. But that's you know, college life, the college experience, I suppose.
Speaker 5: Gosh my, it was crazy.
Speaker 3: It is hard to picture you in that environment now I know.
Speaker 5: And like there were so many at my school and I never did any of them.
Speaker 3: There was never one too about like drugs at Coachella and like who's they were? Like is are people just drunk and like gardening or are people doing like.
Speaker 2: No, people are doing like crazy stuff. It's like scary kind of Yeah.
Speaker 3: I'm always like, is there at least one person in the group making sure everyone's getting home?
Speaker 2: Hardly not?
Speaker 3: I bet. Yeah, it's kind of scary to think about. But that's all for today.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I would like to wish a happy passover to anybody who celebrates hawk, sameya, happy past.
Speaker 6: I have one quick thing to say to really quick.
Speaker 9: I got a DM the other day from Shelby Delaney and she said she wanted to watch the East Awards. She was pregnant and after she watched me sing this song a Rednecker, something fell off and her water broke and sent her in too early labor delivered. She delivered baby Lily, who was born nice and healthy.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 9: But I thought that was a funny that the see send her into labor. So congratulations, Shelby, thank you, fortulations to you for inducing labor.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's a nice feather in my cap.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Not many people can say that, you know. No, all right, that's all for today, but we are back on Thursday with the Dear Bonya and we honestly just cannot even wait. So stay tuned for that. And we love you, someone love you. To be continued