Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe, Katty Armstrong.
Speaker 2: And Jetty and no He Armstrong and Ytty Mayhem in the streets of Philadelphia after the or is that was that in New Orleans? That was in New Orleans for the by Eagles fans. Let can we try this all over again? Eagles fans Golden Brozerco after the Super Bowl win. They're drunk and they're out of their minds and punching cops and all that stuff. I don't know why we put I say this every time every sport, college, pro whatever. I don't know why we let the message get out there. You can get amazingly out of hand. You can destroy a city bus, you can punch cop, you can do all kinds of things after you win. It's perfectly we understand. How could you not Your team won well?
Speaker 1: And not to turn this overly serious, but the message that's sent and was sent several times in recent history around political violence is if you get a certain number of people, that's a permit to be lawless. And if your side tends to draw more people into the streets because I don't know, maybe they don't have freaking jobs. You get the license to be lawless. Now, the other side, which tends to have smaller assemblages, if they're in the least lawless, they will be busted and prosecuted the strongest extent the law permits, so we.
Speaker 2: I'm a Chiefs fan. I watched every Chiefs game this year. I attended one in person, Arrowhead. It seemed pretty clear to me from very beginning of the game was not their day. I mean, it just they looked like horrific. Yeah, it was. It was a drubbing, and they just looked like they weren't even the same league as the other team for you know, for one day, which is why they play the games, as they say.
Speaker 1: As I said during the Super Bowl gathering I was at yesterday, it felt like an early season mismatch. Yeah, between a clear playoff team and a team that's in a rebuilding.
Speaker 2: You they got a brad new head coach. Blah blah blah. Yeah, it was it was just crazy. We're gonna talk commercials in a second, but I'm looking up at the TV and they're interviewing one of the offensive tackles for the Eagles, so we talked last week how they are the biggest offensive line ever to play in a Super Bowl. This guy, I'm looking at this guy up there be interviewed, and he's in street clothes sitting there with normal sized people, and he looks like a circus freak. I mean, nobody should be that much bigger and be the same species. But anyway, I thought this stat that they had during the game was amazing. So the the offensive line for the Eagles averages six ' six three forty averages sixty six three forty Super Bowl one. The average offensive line was for the offensive line was six three two forty five, almost one hundred pounds lighter per person. Yeah, I don't care how athletic you are. A guy who outweighs you by one hundred pounds can push you around. I mean, so any of your classic who would win between this team and that team? Thing very ridiculous for lots of reasons and lots of sports, but well, just.
Speaker 1: Physics in the king case of football, you got that much mass moving with that much speed, you.
Speaker 2: Got a lot of energy there, one hundred pounds heavier than they used to be. He's I mean, because you know a guy you know plenty of guys at work today who weigh two forty five. You don't know that many guys at weigh three forty five and who are quick as cats and can run, yeah, or capable of running around, by the way, in terms of being an obese. Before we get to the commercials, which has something to do with this, I was watching some of the commercials and thinking, I know there was a great commercial tool like I think at the very end of the game or whatever long one for. I don't know what it was for. As a guy who's in the advertising business, it's always been interesting to me that if you don't craft a commercial, that it's the main takeaway is your product. I'm not sure you accomplished anything. I mean, you're gonna have the funniest joke in the world or a cool cameo by a star, but if people don't remember what the product was, I'm not sure what you accomplished. But anyway, this particular commercial was about eating better and we all need to pull together to care about sugar and fat and the government is conspiring to I don't know what it was an ad for, but anyway, other than that, a little RFK Junior action there other than that one. Throughout the game, I thought the whole mystery as to why we're obese. Look at these commercials, just non stop. You can get a tub of ranch dressing and five thousand wings for nine dollars delivered deer door. I mean, it's just endless commercials like that of stuff you should not only not eat much of, probably shouldn't ever eat. How many things were advertised yesterday that you really should never eat. You should never eat a pizza pizza, you should never eat a taco bell. You'd never do any of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so true. And the beauty is is westernization. Civilization spreads around the world, we obesity goes with it, and every developing nation that gets a GDP more than three thousand dollars per person, all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: They get fat. By the way, if you, for some reason are new to this show and think I'm one of those people that lecture on how you eat but and live some sort of priscene lifestyle, no, I guarantee you I've been a fast food joint more recently than you.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of commercials, have got the top ten here. If it proves, well, you know what that's it. I realized a long time ago. I am not America. I am America, but I'm not the masses of America I have.
Speaker 2: And I look at this list and I say, oh, come on, I haven't seen your long form birth certificates, so that's still up in the air.
Speaker 1: Yeah, fair enough. So your top ten, and Michael, I see we have audio from some of them.
Speaker 2: Just yell at me. If we've got the audio, keep an eye out.
Speaker 1: Pfizer at number ten with knockout little Kid is a boxer. He defeated cancer, and Pfizer is there defeating cancer.
Speaker 2: It's it's nice. I gotta admit, for whatever reason my mood yesterday I skipped through because I was a little bit behind. I skipped through anything that was gonna tug at heart strings. I just didn't. I just wasn't in the mood for it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I tend to be a little too cynical to enjoy those because I'm thinking, Okay, who is an ah big pharma. That's got a bit of a pr issue going on right now. So they ought will remind everybody.
Speaker 2: Hey, we need good stuff too, which is absolutely true. It's absolutely true. But no, I don't I'm not a fan of trying to make me sad, weepy or reverent for money. I just just well profit. It's just weird exactly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: Pfizer came out in a gentlemanly way and said.
Speaker 1: Hey, look, there are controversies about pharmaceuticals these days.
Speaker 2: We understand that.
Speaker 1: I want to remind you though, that among the other things we do are developing the most innovative cancer drugs the world has ever seen.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. So don't hate us. We're doing our best. Maybe I'm fine. Maybe I'm too close to the advertising business that I just take it in is we spent three million dollars on this thirty second commercial to make you sad so that we can make even more money. That's the way I write it.
Speaker 1: We want you to associate us with a beautiful little kid who's defeated cancer so we can have more money.
Speaker 2: This is the number nine ad Michael Clip twenty too. I'm going to ask you to pay a tall place. No good, No, there we go. Oh my gosh, I'm so good. So this one's real. That is a sandwich. Oh she's older.
Speaker 1: Ladies need food gasms too. It was Hellman's when Sally met Hellman's taking off on the blah blah blah movie blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: I don't I didn't dig going to the really young chick talking about orgasms. I just don't say the word out loud. Yeah, I didn't. I didn't hate it. I was watching with my thirteen year old and I just got don't. I don't dig the hole. This is what women sound like when they have an orgasm. If you're lucky. Oh again, I will find a point you need to put on it. Jamney, you can leave some things on said. I'd like to sit here at commercial for restraint. He apparently is lost. Katie. I just thank you Jack for clearing that up because I was confused. Yeah, I thought you just like really liked the sandwich. Moving along.
Speaker 1: Number eight Uber Eats Century of Cravings, which was a big fun as a football fan. It was seen throughout football history and yeah, references to food and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: It's fine.
Speaker 1: Number seven was bud Light no longer down with the trans thing they wanted you to know over and over again. Big Men on cul de Sac was the theme is a couple of manly tattooed, hard guys, shot beer cannons around the neighborhood to jazz up the party.
Speaker 2: What's his name? The comedian was a good hire for bud Light for that whole sh Jane Gillis, Jane Gillis. Yeah, he's hilarious and he is as not politically correct as you can possibly get, so, I mean, he is the right guy. But I thought that was just a good ad all the way around. I thought that was well done. Yeah. Number six, so you're you're mower is also a girl? No, no, no, my girl's a mower. Beautiful, beautiful. Loved it.
Speaker 1: Number six, Flag fifty it was the girls flag football should be in all fifty states thing. As always with the girl power ads, it just went way, way, way over the top.
Speaker 2: I love girls, I raised girls, I coached girls.
Speaker 1: It had that feeling of the average girl could beat the hell out of the average NFL linemen because they have girl power, which is just too much.
Speaker 2: But as nice, its nice as fine.
Speaker 1: Number five it was the I Am somebody ad with the little kids the NFL with a I thought that was sweet and beautiful.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that too, tugged at the heart strings. But successfully. Lord knows, little kids, especially in tough parts of the world, need to know they can be somebody, So that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and a lot of athletes do go around and doing that sort of stuff, which I think is cool in their neighborhoods. That's what the Walter Payton Award is that they gave before the game. That wasn't a just like what I was talking about earlier. We spent three million dollars so we could make more more money. Yeah, I think they're trying to let you know that a lot of f NFL players do good stuff in their community. A lot of athletes do, which I love, which reminds me. Don't let me forget to talk about what Kanye tweeted out the other day and.
Speaker 1: Also make a wish kids if you helped. It wasn't crazy as hell. Oh it was crazy as hell. You know, Jack, We're ready for the top four, but I'm looking at the clock. We probably ought to take a break. Let's come back with those cool I like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Kanye tweeted out a whole bunch of crazy stuff, like eighty tweets in a twenty four hour period, and they're all over the place. Nuts and he was trying so hard to It's like Hitler's my hero. I mean, just like all kinds of is really really trying hard to get attention, like and one of them was what reminded me of this was I skipped three MAGA Wish meetings last week and all three kids were in wheelchairs, he tweeted out for some reason. You know, I would.
Speaker 1: I would say to Kanye, look, we get that you're completely fruit loops.
Speaker 2: You don't have to keep trying again. You're solid, or you're trying to be provocative or whatever. We'll get those top super Bowl commercials and other stuff on the way. Stay here. I hate you because we from different neighborhoods. I hate you because you look different. I hate you because I don't understand you. I hate you because people I know hate you. I hate you because I think you hate me because I need someone to blame, because you talk different, because you act different, because you're just different. And then I hate that things are so bad that we have to do a commercial about it. Me too.
Speaker 1: I hate you because you broke Giselle's heart. I hate you because you kept beating my favorite teams back in the day. Again, the whole race relations are terrible and awful, and everybody knows it is invented by de Ei to gain power for neo Marxists. So I hate and anti that commercial thing for nothing.
Speaker 2: So anybody want more dip So let's see.
Speaker 1: Number ten Pfizer knockout number nine Hellman's. When Sally met Hellman's number than century he craves as big men on cul de sac flag fifty girl power. Number five was the NFL itself. I am somebody and I said number four go ahead, Michael, hit.
Speaker 2: It mom that we have something to tell you. You have a twin brother. May never told you about osor so what's his name? Other David? You called him of a David. There's two David. One has to be with a David. Where is he left them? In America? They you Beckham? Dave Beckham. Something I have to tell you. My brother is a famous opera player. Yeah, so how famous are you like Matt Damon famous? Maybe Ben Affleck famous. That's a show so charming.
Speaker 1: Stella artois David Beckham and Matt Damon as his twin brother Dave in America.
Speaker 2: I missed that commercial. Somehow I didn't see that one. It was fine. It was the celebrities winking at ourselves and them and said it air after the chiefs were already so beaten that I couldn't watch anymore. Maybe I do not know roughly well, right, yeah, when was that not? Number three?
Speaker 1: Very charming, very funny michelob ultra the ultra hustle with Christopher walking and what's her name hustling youngsters at the great game of pickle ball.
Speaker 2: That's not walking. That's what's that guy's name? Like, No, it's not come on, come on, Oh no, you're right, you're right, that's not. Of course, that's what's his face. Everybody knows. It'll pop into my head, Michael, look at me. Oh god, jeez, Katie, where are you? Wow? Why are you yelling at people? Because she's disappearable. I'm trying to figure it out for you. We're working on it. Okay, Damn it's a tag of the tip of my tongue. It's driving me crazy. Yes, for walking. Oh, you can just call them that if you want to go.
Speaker 1: Other David uh And then and then we get into America's love of Schmaltz, just unforgivable Schmaltz.
Speaker 2: Number two was lays of potatoes.
Speaker 1: The Little Farmer about a little girl who kills herself to raise one little potato then adds it to the giant cart full of potatoes at her dad's potato farm to become potato chips.
Speaker 2: And my eyes I just cried for an hour. It was so touching. The little girl works so hard, you are hardened. Well, I don't know, I just feel like so obvious. No, I'm not cynical about real life.
Speaker 1: I'm cynical about potato chip company is trying to manipulate my emotions.
Speaker 2: And then if you like that, you'll love this over potato chips of all things.
Speaker 1: Oh exactly, yeah, yeah, little girl was of normal weight, unlike her dad's customers anyway. Oh and then the number one jack If you love that one?
Speaker 2: He liked that one? You love that one?
Speaker 1: First delivery Budweiser, the plucky little Clyde's Dale who, in similar fashioned potato girl saw the keg roll off the cart and then worked and labored and walked for miles to deliver the keg to the bar. Because little horses, I believe in a timely beer delivery.
Speaker 2: That was the number one add according to admeter. Yes, sir, you gotta be kidding me. I'm telling you, Oh, I hate I hate America. I hate you people. Willem Dafoe, Yes, just popped in one of my all time favorite actors. He's in Wild at Heart, one of my all time favorite movies. I love, I love Willem Defau, close friend of Christopher. Everyone knows the horse rolling the beer keg to the bar, Cute little animals and cute little girls. But that's fine if that's what people like. Give give the people what they want. I can't. I can't give people what they want. If you want that, go somewhere else. Thirty seconds ago, I was folks, you remember that CBS out with some poll numbers yesterday. Really interesting since Trump's been at it for a while. How do people feel about various things? We can tell you that i'mong other things armstrong and getty.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: The Prime Minister said this weekend to a group of Canadian businessmen. He was a private meeting. He said that your wish for Canada to be the fifty first state is a quote real thing. Is it a real thing?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 3: I think Canada would be much better of being a fifty first state. Because we lose two hundred billion dollars a year with Canada, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Not going to let that happens too much.
Speaker 3: Why are we paying two hundred billion dollars a year essentially in subsidy to Canada? Now if they're a fifty first state, I don't mind doing it.
Speaker 2: Part of the Super Bowl interview that Trump did, it has become a tradition for the sitting president to do an interview before the biggest television audience of the year. And who wouldn't take advantage of that opportunity. Joe Biden didn't because he couldn't.
Speaker 1: Talk, because he's same reason Kamala passed on Joe Rogan.
Speaker 2: Right, yeah, Trump, you know what. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I hate to quibble, but the whole idea that trade deficit as a ripoff is just so not right. I don't know why he's so stuck on that, whether it's just a bargaining thing. But we have a giant country with loads of money. You have a little country with much less money. So yes, we buy more from you than you buy from us.
Speaker 2: It's fine. Uh. Trump is the ultimate troll, That's what I think he was doing there. And this happened. On Friday, Trump revoked Joe Biden's security clearance, stating there was no need for the former president's continued access, and then like an hour later, Trump said he planned to take control of the Kennedy Senator Center. That's where they have If you're in somebody in Washington, d C. You go to the Kennedy Center to watch singers and dancing and all kinds of stuff like that. It's it's a big deal. It's a big You have access to this and other people don't. It shows how important you are. Anyway, Trump said he planned to take control of the Kennedy Center and intended to fire several board members and install himself as chairman. Yes, no more drag shows. That was his main point. Yeah, so, which is fine. I just just find that awesome. So CBS out with their polling yesterday. The overall number being Trump's approval rating is at fifty three percent. It's the highest approval rating he's ever had. Last term and this term, after what the mainstream media calls is a awful, hectic, what will he do next? Scary, tumultuous time that has Americans reeling. He's got the highest approval rating he's ever had. So there's that mentioned already. He's got fifty nine percent, let's call it sixties around number support for deporting immigrants illegally in the United States with no qualifications on that question. How do you feel about Trump's program to deport immigrants illegally in the US? Fifty nine percent approval? How about sending US troops to the US Mexico border, which the media again portrayed as just insane, sixty four percent approval, So two out of four Americans, two out of three Americans are in favor.
Speaker 1: Of that outrageous, racist, militaristic never mind, it's fifty to fifty on large detention centers.
Speaker 2: While determining who should be deported, that's a fifty to fifty issue.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Trump's handling of the Israel Hamas conflict, He's above water on it, fifty four to forty six. But the idea of taking over Gaza, which he doesn't actually mean to do, no, see, that's the thing. He has no intention of actually doing that. But anyway, would it be a good idea for the United States to take out over Gaza? Only thirteen percent think it's a good idea, and you thirteen percent are nuts. Uh, yeah, I would agree. I just think with Trump, it's like, uh, I mean, I see.
Speaker 1: A big mansion on the water in Miami and I think, or maybe i'd stated my wife over a cocktail boy, it'd be great to own a house like that.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 1: But Trump, because he has billions of dollars, is like, it'd be great to own a house like that, and I wonder how much it is. Let me think about the h the profit, the appreciation, blah blah blah. So he can't help himself with gaza, I think as a real estate developer. But my god, if the estimates are it would be a miracle if the rubble were cleared out in fifteen years. Just clearing out the rubble while enduring constant guerrilla warfare sounds like.
Speaker 2: A great gig. Wow, that's its own story. We'll talk more about that later. Elon Muskin Doge their influence on over government operations and spending should be. Your choices of how much Elon should be influential are a lot, some, not much, none, twenty three for a lot, twenty eight for some, which gets you over fifty percent. Again not portrayed that way on any media. Outlet other than Fox, not one. How about your people try to be at least neutral if you want to have viewers I don't understand to obsess their cultists.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and a story like this you almost I wish there were a scientific way to do this, to figure out to what extent it's been portrayed negatively with horror by the media. And then if you end up at fifty one percent on an issue that's been portrayed non stop is akin to puppy murder, then you realize, Wow, that's got some really good core belief and if you had only neutral coverage, the numbers would be much higher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I always leave that out of these sorts of discussions. Imagine if it got neutral coverage as opposed to everything you take in other than Fox is negative about all the issues we just talked about, how high would you approve of we then if more people were comfortable saying out loud what they think, Yeah, I think we ought to boot out illegals, it'd probably be way higher than six.
Speaker 1: And as I said earlier today, the legacy media needs to be punished for what they're doing. Let me think of a good punishment. They're dying it's taking care of itself.
Speaker 2: I want to get to the New York Times editorial board as soon as I'm done with these, because they'll give you an idea of their They're doubling down US tariffs on goods from and they go country by country, do you pose or favor solid majority approve of tariffs on China. This one struck me as people are understand this better than I realized. Fifty six percent say yeah, tariffs on China. But then it drops below fifty percent for all the others. Mexico fifty six a pose, Europe sixty pose, Canada sixty two percent of pose. So there you go again. It's a negotiating position anyway, I think for the most part, and this one, this could actually be trouble for Trump. Overturn over over time is the word time. If this keeps up, Trump's focus on lowering prices is two thirds say not enough. Two thirds of Americans say Trump's focus on lowering prices is not enough, So that might be a messaging thing. He just doesn't talk about it enough. It seems like there's all these other things going on and you're not talking about that. I don't know, but and this sort of this.
Speaker 1: Topic in particular, people don't measure it theoretically. They measure it at the grocery checkout line. And for Trump to I think, make enough progress to really get a lot of credit for it, there would have to be a period of deflation where prices came back down, and that is a really difficult thing to pull off. To actually deflate prices in a controlled way but not lead to a deflationary spiral. I just I think the best you can do is stem the stem the rise in inflation, try to cut it back to minimal and let wages rise one more.
Speaker 2: Where they give you a a whole bunch of different words that could describe Donald Trump, and you check them. If you think this describes Donald Trump. Seventy percent of people said tough. You might think, well, whatever, that doesn't necessarily mean good. Tough tends to win. Tough tends to win out politicians that are seen as tough. Weak is what you don't want to be. It's like Clinton's old thing, wrong and strong is better than right and weak. Wrong and strong beats out, so tough seventy percent He's going to do pretty well as long as he's seen. Is that energetic sixty three percent, which is not bad when you're eighty years old, and fat focused sixty percent, effective fifty eight percent.
Speaker 1: Those are some good adjectives for Donald and I liked seventy percent. Say he's doing what he promised in his campaign seventy percent. And just a final note for Trump skeptics and Trump neutral's, you know, Trump concerns like myself, the beauty of our checks and balances, the counterbalances in our system of government are working right now. There have been a couple of judges weighed in. I think they're wrong on some of it. They're lefty judges, but we have a system to deal with that that will shake out. There have been a couple of things Trump announced or and a number of his Republican colleagues pointed out, hey, that's probably a little much, or that would screw this up, and they reel it back in. So far, at least, I think any excesses are being managed pretty well, and so it's left with mostly really really good stuff.
Speaker 2: So here's the New York Times editorial board. There headline being for the Sunday edition of maybe the most important newspaper in the world. Their editorial board now is not the time to tune out. This fits in with what I was saying earlier. I live in a very progressive town and as at some little gathering, and there's a lot of how you hold them up? Okay, I like, what what is with you? People? Especially love being scared, especially giving that, especially given these polling numbers, we're just like that. He's not like way out of mainstream into crazyville. Obviously based on those bowling numbers, he just saw.
Speaker 1: Trump with seventeen percent approval has just disbanded the Senate.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's not like that. Right now is not the time to tune out, says the New York Times editorial board. Don't get distracted, don't get overwhelmed. Don't get paralyzed and pulled into the chaos that President Trump and his allies are purposely creating. See. I don't think it feels that chaotic to about fifty to sixty percent of the country. I don't think it feels chaotic to them. All of this is intended to keep the country on its back heel so President Trump can blaze ahead and his drive for maximum executive power so no one can stop the audacious, ill conceived and frequently illegal agenda being advanced by his administration. For goodness sake, don't tune out. It goes on and on to say there subscriptions or what I don't know. I don't know what are you talking about? Would be my response, what are you talking? Chaotic? Illegal, unconstitutional? Yeah, we have a system for that. It'll be fine. Some of it might be illegal, some of it might be unconstitutional. They'll be worked out. But what are you talking about? It doesn't feel that crazy to me. I'll tell you what feels crazy is like a lot of this stuff hasn't happened before, somebody decided that, and maybe we shouldn't spend sixty million dollars on trans operas in Ireland or whatever the hell some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: And I'm reminded of Akham's razor that often the most obvious answer is the one, and this is this. It might not be Akham's razor. Maybe it's Ockham's beard trimmer. If you see a legacy media outlet saying stay tuned, don't don't keep clicking on us, keep reading us, please, it's because they really want people to keep clicking on them.
Speaker 2: Even Bill Maher on his show The other night said the depart of Education should be abolished Bill Moore, So we're going to talk Department of Education at some point and lots of stuff. I hope you can stick around. I realize I'm no longer in the main demo of what they're advertising too. But I still don't think Kendrick Lamar cracks twenty five percent in terms of the audience that wants to see that for the halftime show. Oh yeah, sure, yeah, probably so. I don't.
Speaker 1: I think it's a thankless task. I mean, trying to pick entertainment that everybody agrees on, or even a huge percentage of Americans agree on for one event.
Speaker 2: It's just a really hard, fat mistage. I'm not just trying to be an, you know, old white guy or whatever. But wouldn't Foo fighters get to like forty percent maybe of people that are aware of them and would be pleased to see them as.
Speaker 1: We're discussing off the air the pregame show with Trombone Shorty and New Orleans jazz musicians and stuff like that. I wouldn't mind steering into the place you are as long as you're in one of the great music capitals of the world.
Speaker 2: Oh my God, A couple of the best Dixie Land jazz bands up there doing their thing. Do you see that marching band dancing around pregame fellows? So cool? Yeah yeah, I love that. Yeah, that seems like a better idea to me.
Speaker 1: We just found out that were reminded that jay Z has that contract to produce the super Bowl halftime shows. After the cop Nelton George Floyd and everything had to change for some reason, he got the contract to produce the super Bowl halftimes.
Speaker 2: Oh more of that marching band whatever that is from Louisiana. I would have loved that for the halftime Joe. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, so a couple of tech notes here, do we have theme for this? Michael tech notes his armstrung?
Speaker 2: We don't. That's too bad. Should have come up with something helping out Tom Bone of some sort in honor.
Speaker 1: Of New Orleans Deep Seek, the Deep Seek Chinese AI thing that either was cheap and produced with a few.
Speaker 2: Chips that they got from the dollar store.
Speaker 1: Let spot make moment, Joe, or it was a complete lie from the lying commie Chinese. Anyway, various tech writers are actually trying the thing out, and the one thing that strikes them is it's got no fences. Now, some of the other stuff is a little politically correct. What does that ask it to tell us about January sixth? Tell us about Black Lives Matter riots, you'll get wildly different politically.
Speaker 2: You know filtered stuff.
Speaker 1: For instance, you want to modify bird flu to infect even more people, just ask deep Seek.
Speaker 2: They'll tell you how to do it.
Speaker 1: Wow, you want to manifesto and defensive hitler wiping out the Jews, They're more than happy to do it for you.
Speaker 2: So this would be like tell me how to make an effective bomb out of a crock pot. Sure you would come up with the information for you.
Speaker 1: Or a social media campaign to promote cutting in self harm among teens whoa more than happy to dish that up. These are some of the potentially hazardous things. It's much easier to get in deep Seek. Blubba God, I think that's inevitable. I mean, trying to have guardrails on it. I just I don't see how that's ever going to work. Yeah, I don't either. And even if they were to design Filter's ways to avoid it. In say nine of the big systems out of ten, that tenth one would be a rogue and the bad guys would find out about it.
Speaker 2: And the weird thing with AI would be you could go on your AI, I think, and say how do I get around the restrictions on questions about how to make a pipe bomb? And it would say I would try this chat GPT four that exists, blah blah blah. I think I'd tell you.
Speaker 1: Let's see one Palo Alto Silicon Valley Threatened Intelligence Incident Response Division got detailed instructions for making a molotov cocktail, how to evade law enforcement, let's see how to produce malware, all.
Speaker 2: Sorts of Wow, the various stuff like you've talked about before. How is it not? How's it just going to be? Not? Endless hacking? I want to hack into my competitor is a lumber company's website? Show me how to do it? We mess up there, mess up their website so it doesn't work anymore for me. Would you something like that?
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's gonna happen twenty four seven, three sixty five. And and any dipstick who knows nothing about programming can pull it off with the right prompts. And if you don't know what the right prompts are. I'm sure those will be available for you online as well. So yeah, I wonder whether humankind will be able to cleverly come up with defenses against this as cleverly as we come up with way too came up with joy the world perpetrate it? Yeah, or maybe we all unplug everything and go back to talking to each other.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 1: Then this from the fabulous Jeff Fowler at the Washington Post, who won't talk fits.
Speaker 2: Anymore for some reason. Oh really, Now we haven't had him on it forever. Well, I can't reach out to him and ea he doesn't respond or something. Jeff, Come on, buddy, what's the story? Is it something we said? Let's talk it out anyway.
Speaker 1: He's been auditioning various artificial intelligence systems, and he said, I recently asked a new artificial intelligence tool from the creator's chat GPT to do an impossible task, find me cheap eggs in my neighborhood. In under ten minutes, the AI called Operator bought a dozen eggs and paid a human to deliver them to my house, all on its own. He said that science fiction incredible, except I.
Speaker 2: Never asked to tax me buy the eggs. The AI went rogue without my approval.
Speaker 1: It authorized my credit card to buy a dozen eggs for a whopping thirty one dollars and forty three cents.
Speaker 2: No, that's a little troubling. Hey, how much would it cost me to go to Naples this summer? We have booked your hotel and flight. We have charged your credit card nineteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: Also saved you one hundred and twenty five dollars by booking it non refundable right or you know?
Speaker 2: Operator? That's the name of the thing. Operator.
Speaker 1: What's the best size or the best ranked in size SUV?
Speaker 2: Congratulations, you now own an OUTI Q five? How about this one? Whoa whoa?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Operator? My wife and I have been arguing a lot. Good news. A hooker is at your door already. I've charged to your credit card if you miss an hour. Get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand Armstrong and Getty