Speaker 1: Good morning, Everybody's DJ NV, Charlamage's gud we are to breakfast club. Of course, we got our guest go hosts called los Milla and nav Green and let's get in some front page news wan to tak.
Speaker 2: Good Morning, DJ Envy and eighty five South in the bill. That's Charlemagne the.
Speaker 3: God peten a listen now, yeah, yeah, let's get right into it.
Speaker 4: He luggage won last night one on nine ninety four. They beat the heat. They leave the series to one, and let's jump into it.
Speaker 1: The debt ceiling deal gives a deadline on student loan repayment. Why don't they just take care of all student loans. Let all the kids just go to college for free.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's what the progressives have been asking for, will continue to ask for repeatedly, but they're being ignored unfortunately. But for more than three years, tens of millions of federal student loan debt holders haven't had to think about paying for those student loans. But that is ending very soon. So you guys, remember that the debt ceiling deal negotiated between President Joe Biden and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.
Speaker 4: That they just negotiated up was about a week or so ago.
Speaker 2: One of the things that came out of that is now millions of former students will have to repay their loans again in August. Now, as a side note, a partial loan forgiveness of speaking to your point, DJ Envy is currently waiting for the ruling in the Supreme Court, so we should know something on that by June thirtieth. But depending on how that goes, you basically need to prepare to pay those student loans again starting on August twenty ninth. So the bottom line is the payments are starting to be you know, they're going to come back. It came from the COVID relief called a lot of COVID relief funds, and people need to start preparing to pay that payment again. I've been paying mine all along because I knew it wasn't gonna last, But start preparing.
Speaker 4: I don't think everybody should pay it.
Speaker 3: I think like, if they've been waiting this loan and they've been stalling them out, we just got to collectively not pay them all together, so they'll just keep rolling it over.
Speaker 4: That might work it efect, I mean that's how we got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is that affect your credit though, right, even though you ain't paying your loan. But then when you try to buy something else a house or washer, and drive from seerst buy a house anyway, now exactly, you don't.
Speaker 4: Have enough money to pay the student loan. You can't pay the mortgage.
Speaker 5: They always say that about your credit, say you won't be able to buy something you can't afford anyway.
Speaker 1: Nobody cares, right, you're not using it.
Speaker 4: They won't give us no credit anyway.
Speaker 3: We say that if you're not using your degree, you shouldn't have to pay it anyway.
Speaker 4: If you didn't graduate, you shouldn't have to pay. I did too semester. I been knew I wasn't gonna pay.
Speaker 5: Hey, that's a point I never thought about you. If you if you if you got a degree in something but you can't get a job, right, you shouldn't you really should have to pay. But if you got a degree and you get a job in that field, then you should probably have to pay it back.
Speaker 2: And I'll be should have to pass it on over to the house. I don't think like that, but just because I know we have a lot of those conversations about what do you use a degree for? And I just want to say, when I own the staff infirm had three hundred employees, a lot of times the degree is not a lot of people don't get degrees in their field, but employers do. Look at a degree is more than just what you're specializing in, but more so are you able to complete a large project? You know, were you able to start something and go all the way you know, to the end one hundred and twenty hours or so. So degrees are not always necessarily your discipline, meaning what you specialize in, but also look at you know, can you start and complete a project. So really, college degrees now are looked at as high school diplomas to a lot of employers. But to your point, if you're not using it, why I still have to pay, you know, fifty sixty thousand dollars in student loan debt. But I did want to unpack quickly of the Supreme Court ruling so people know the difference. June thirtieth, again, that is in the Supreme Court, that is where Joe Biden did ass to counsel twenty thousand dollars of student loans for about forty four million Americans. So that's held up the Supreme Court right now. But this is what I'm talking about on the palls of the student palls. The student dead palls came out of the COVID Emergency Relief Fund, so two totally different things. With a conservative leaning court, I don't until to pay them forgiving those loans. So again, just prepare to start paying that loan again in office.
Speaker 4: God bless everybody about to get another bill, you know what I mean. And I just want to tell people.
Speaker 1: If you're out there and you're about to get married and your spouse or your husband has a student loan, that automatically connects you.
Speaker 4: So what you're saying, you're trying to discourage marriage.
Speaker 1: And I'm just telling people that because a lot of people don't know, and that when you get married and you think you're getting your income tax back and then you don't get your income tax back because the government takes it and puts it towards you.
Speaker 4: That's that happens. You stay back with you.
Speaker 2: Married.
Speaker 4: I want to people to get a deferment if you can.
Speaker 2: I'll break this down a little bit deeper on my podcast this week, because there are a couple of things that I do want people to know that we don't have time to get into. But you can get deferments, you can get you know, say that you're not able to pay. There's ways that you can kind of extend that. And you can always go back to school name as well and get another degree.
Speaker 4: Man, go get a trade. Man, Go learn to do something with your hands, mechanic age back. You know what I'm saying, Go learn the trade.
Speaker 5: That's that's translate in the money fast, that's for the settlement.
Speaker 3: You know what. They called him like you got some money, you'd be like, look how much is to get rid of today? Hold on and they'll put you a whole and they'll come back and they'll be like, look, we're working down.
Speaker 4: They break it down. You owe us.
Speaker 3: Fourteen thousand, but if you make a payment for seven to fifty a day, we'll just speaking money.
Speaker 2: I don't want to give you that story in because I've been pushing it off the last couple of days because we've had more important stories. But this is important because it's not a day that goes by that somebody doesn't call in talking about cash out. I want to give you guys a notice from the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. They said that do not hold your money in PayPal, cash AFT, Vemo for an extended period of time. They said that it could possibly be at risk during a crisis, and what we're looking at now New York could possibly be a crisis. So the alert is coming. Yeah, the alert is coming from the Silicon Valley Bank when they just had you know, all of the issues with the bank. They're saying that that money in your cash app is not insured. So they have issued of warnings saying basically, don't leave it over the sitting there for a long period of time. Now cash app has responded saying, no, your money is all good with us. We don't know what they're talking about. So I'm just letting you financial protection. Yeah, you take the money out, just guys. So as you know, cash it's not a bank. According to you know, the consumer finance protection, that money is not insured, you know, so if something happens, you might lose lose your bread and what that means.
Speaker 4: Keep money in cash because.
Speaker 2: I'm everybody don't have you know, like account, so they'll just keep their money and cash app and get money put in and pay everything from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, instead of you transmit it to stays in your cash account and it out like you know you yeah, it's your easier problem, especially for those.
Speaker 2: Who are not interested in having you know, money ain't tracked. You know the billers h but you know people don't. Everybody don't have their big.
Speaker 4: Deal to send money through cash. Dealing with the cash you're going to prison right now. And what if they put the four four to three five.
Speaker 3: But when she said cash app is not a bank, I heard somebody from cash saying that's cap.
Speaker 4: It's a major problem with cash ap.
Speaker 1: There's no phone number for them, so if there's an issue of problem, you can't even get anybody on the man.
Speaker 4: I said, somebody the wrong I said somebody else.
Speaker 1: I think, like seven thousand dollars somebody I thought you meant to cash out. They were in another city and they were doing work on the on the house that I had, so I sent them the money.
Speaker 4: But it was like one number off or you rich, that's real, you wouldn't use PayPal, I use it. It was cash app. I think it was he.
Speaker 2: Had to at least PayPal got a little bit of tracking. But PayPal and cash ap are actually connected to the same organization, which I didn't know.
Speaker 4: So wow, so there is no numbers.
Speaker 1: If you're trying to get your money back, or you send money to the wrong person, it's hard to get back. I actually I got it back, but it took a long time, and I had to scream and shout and get on this radio with seventy dollars, I double checked by eight times.
Speaker 4: I was likened it from me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that was it was so long. But that was before the request. It wasn't a request at that time. It was you just have to you know. And then somebody had stupid numbers. It was eight three two four dollars sign sixty nine two and I had.
Speaker 4: One mobody something seven thousand coming. Hey we are somebody requested four hundred from me right now.
Speaker 5: Somebody named Levos Kids is requesting four hundred from right now.
Speaker 4: Let me let me you ain't getting it all goodness, all right, well that is your front page news. Thank you. Test absolutely God be working. But immag just sent me here listening. I just won the trivia. I just won the tribun