Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio of the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack arm Strong, arm Strong and Jettie.
Speaker 2: And ge.
Speaker 3: Arm Strong and Strong.
Speaker 1: I have successfully used a pet psychic exclamation point. My first disclaimer should be that I'm a scientist. I feel like you'd be more specific if you were like a particular kind of scientist. Then just say I am a scientist.
Speaker 3: Maybe I only do you set aside disbelief, all right.
Speaker 1: I do not believe in voodoo, but this had me completely convinced. I had a senior cat who all of a sudden started peeing on me.
Speaker 3: No idea why.
Speaker 1: The vet ruled out all bladder and other health issues and wanted me to put him on kitty prozac. That's a thing at my wits end. I happened to hear about a local pet psychic, and I thought, what the.
Speaker 3: Hell, it can't hurt, all right?
Speaker 1: The woman said my cat had arthritis in his hips and that his legs hurt. She referred me to a cat acupuncturist. Again, I'm feeling like a California idiot even considering this, but I gave it a try.
Speaker 3: Holy yes, what a difference.
Speaker 1: The cat sat down and started purring immediately after the first needle. When we got home, he ran around like a kitten. That's all it took for me to become a believer. Pardon any typos, I am a now a believer in pet.
Speaker 3: Psychic, a cat upuncturist.
Speaker 1: She took him to the doctor, and they didn't figure out that they had hit problems, but the psychic and the acupuncturist did.
Speaker 3: Okay, I suppose that's possible. Sure it is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I've been disappointed in vets and somebody who deals with a lot of cats, and I'm walking a little funny. But it's got to hit problems. The idea that acupuncture cured them. There hasn't been a great deal of science to bear out the validity of that.
Speaker 1: The fact that the psychic, the fact that the psychic figured anything out by reading the mind.
Speaker 3: Of your pet. That did not happen. That did not happen at all on any level.
Speaker 1: Maybe you had a psychic who you know, I had a cat with the same problem, But but I know what it is that might have happened.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, sure, what did you say? The going rate is in LA for a pets right now.
Speaker 4: But that's like if I showed up to an off you know, a brand, a non licensed garage dentist, and he told me invest young, because compound interest really is a big factor. I mean, Okay, he's right, He's absolutely right, But that doesn't mean he was a skilled dentist. And if a so called cats psychic tells you, you know, things walking a little.
Speaker 3: Funny but excusing me have problems, that doesn't make them a psychic.
Speaker 1: I knew an animal communicator for live pets. She would tell the owner what their pet was thinking and feeling. Once she found a dog was trying to find the owner, I asked her, why why didn't you just ask where it lived?
Speaker 3: It's a good question. Dogs don't relate to addresses. You're probably right about that.
Speaker 1: There's some belief that it tends to be women more than men who buy into the whole pet psychic thing by large numbers. I am guessing any thought on that, Jatie.
Speaker 3: Oh thank god, I don't really relate to any of this. Well, do you think it's more likely women are into it than men? I just feel like, I mean, I guess I could.
Speaker 5: I definitely if I were to picture someone taking their animal to a pet psychic. I'm not picturing a dude doing that. This is all very strange to me, and I don't want to talk too much smack because there are people that are obviously believing in this way.
Speaker 1: What's interesting about the whole land of fruits and nuts and California being wacky and all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: It earns its reputation.
Speaker 4: It is bigger nowhere than Los Angeles, this trend, which is not that shocking.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you this though, I don't have.
Speaker 4: Any desire to be little people away a different emotion, who have a different emotional makeup, how they learn.
Speaker 3: How they learn.
Speaker 5: You're right, Michael Jack, I am holding back so hard right now.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it's three to one. Let the belittling begin. Just remember, folks, Joe wanted to be merciful. Now, I'm looking at this Pew Research Center poll, over fifty percent of Americans see their pets not so much as domesticated dogs, cats and gerbils and the like, but rather quote as much a part of their family as a human member. So if you're if in some bizarre scenario you could save either your dog or your son, you would have to flip a coin. I think that's cuckoo nuts. But again, to each their own.
Speaker 1: Well, you'd spend every cent you have to save your kid in a medical situation, right if it required it. Would you do that for your dog? Would you go completely broke?
Speaker 3: No? I mean you would never say about a child. I don't know.
Speaker 1: We've already spent a lot of money, and that's Keina. That's going to really put a denis, So go ahead and put them down like that. That's not a thing.
Speaker 4: But Ryan, I remember we talked about this years and years ago when we took calls, and it became very very clear that there are different levels of belief that a dog, for instance, has the same rights and you have the same responsibilities as you would towards say, a human child.
Speaker 3: We talked to quite a.
Speaker 4: Few people who said I would absolutely spend every dime I had and then borrow every dime I could for treatments for my dog, even if it put me one hundred thousand dollars in debt.
Speaker 3: And they were completely sincere about it. Yeah, and I don't doubt that.
Speaker 1: I think you're nuts now, you're not a pet owner in someplace, Remember Santa Cruz changed the law.
Speaker 3: There, you're a pet guardian. Some paperwork involved in that.
Speaker 4: Exactly, you can't call yourself an owner because that's like slavery, very similar out, very similar to slavery. Here's Sonya Fitzpatrick. She's a famous British animal communicator. You may know her from the Oh. I guess this isn't aired yet, but Animal Planet is green lit her show, The Pet Psychic. She susses out what bothers the likes of monkeys and roosters, as well as dogs and cats and the usual menagerie.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: When you're a pet psychic, apparently any animal, monkey, snake, gerbil, whatever, you can read their mind equally.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, who is your monkey pissed off at you? That's one mad monkey. Oh man, that's a pissed off monkey.
Speaker 3: Let's see psychics working with racehorses.
Speaker 4: Ah, here's a gal who specializes in rabbits.
Speaker 1: Let's see he feels, he feels he's just going in circles and what's the point, says the race horse.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm just running around in sir.
Speaker 4: And here's this other guy, kid, here's this other guy who's seen Comodo dragons and once Michael oh Bob in Texas. There's nothing that I won't see, he says. Some of the most fascinating animals that I've worked with would have to be for a camel, for example. I've also worked with quite a few aquatic species. I work with a tortoise in Florida, and I love the energy of the tortoise. I tell you what I wish I had. The cajon used to be a Charlotte and like you, sir, good for you.
Speaker 1: I really hate it when the midgets hit me with the sticks once again. The race horse not using the nomenclature of the day, But you can't count on horses to be up on the latest PC.
Speaker 4: Terms because there are horses right Here's a little illustration for you. I'm going to have to use my descriptive powers which are so well known because this is a photograph. But here's this woman lying on a furry rug with her head on a pillow outside out of doors. She is surrounded by candles and like those little bowls, singing bowls to rub.
Speaker 3: The malady thing around, and they make various times. Almost bought one the same day I almost bought the gong.
Speaker 4: And there's a receiving there's a big crystal thing, and she's lying on her back with her eyes closed amidst all of this like new agey stuff, with her hand resting on her dalmatian as the pet psychic leads the session.
Speaker 3: You know, that's whatever gets you through the night, making it really hard not to ridicule.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, again, since we had psychics on in the past, and dream analysts were the same way, you realize mostly it was taken advantage of people who were either in a bag. They're needy for a variety of reasons. Either there and that's just their demeanor, or they've gone through a really hard time. And sometimes when really bad things happen in your life, you just need any relief.
Speaker 3: And again, not psychic.
Speaker 4: Communicator, please communicator, right, pet communicator.
Speaker 3: I'm talking to a giant tortoise. I'm not being a psychicator. Let me tell you what.
Speaker 1: The tortoise among beasts who ain't thinking nothing, tortoise ain't got a thought in its head.
Speaker 5: Honestly, these people try to talk to like those murder hornets or something like that, something dangerous. Yeah, you a beast, a great white shark.
Speaker 3: Turtles ain't thinking nothing strange.
Speaker 4: The good folks that lives of TikTok, one or more of them somehow posed as a thirteen year old girl and called an organization called Trans Youth Equality Foundation and talk to its director, Susan Mosh, again portraying themselves as a thirteen year old girl and asking for advice on a variety of topics. And this is what it sounded like. Michael will start with seventy go from there.
Speaker 6: So for you, you and your child would have to go out of state.
Speaker 2: Correct, Well, I'm actually the child.
Speaker 3: I'm thirteen.
Speaker 2: Oh hot, your voice sounded like a park voice.
Speaker 6: Have you talked to your parents about your care?
Speaker 2: Well, my parents are very transphobic and they do not support my transition, or you know if.
Speaker 4: He and fro.
Speaker 6: Sometimes kids decide by time they're sixteen ish to get emancipated, as they say, to say.
Speaker 2: Get a little job and be on their own, which probably sounds terrible and hard, but it could happen.
Speaker 3: It does for some.
Speaker 2: And when they're on their own and they're emancipated, they can make their own decisions about what medical treatment they want.
Speaker 4: You job, this is a thirteen year old girl at least ostensibly right. And this is the millionth example of there's no counseling, there's no what else is going on?
Speaker 3: Oh you were raped as a child.
Speaker 4: Oh you have anxiety and depression, you have various you're autistic.
Speaker 3: These activists don't care.
Speaker 2: Next clip, how do you deal with transphobic parents? You know, of course, would you hear about parents that will get crazy? Say absolutely, no, no way, blah blah. This is dumb, This is unhealthy. And it depends on how right wing leaning they are, depends on how religious they are, that kind of thing, far.
Speaker 6: Right right like Trumpsters.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Some of these people are really brainwashed. You know, it's like brainwashing techniques. You know, it's a sad state of affairs.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: The people that believe a thirteen year old girls shouldn't become a boy on her own without the parents knowing are the that's the brainwashed crowd.
Speaker 3: How about another one, Michael, do.
Speaker 2: You think your parents expect you to go to college one day?
Speaker 3: Definitely?
Speaker 6: I mean, because I mean, if you could be brave and get yourself to think about a college, it's not they don't have to know.
Speaker 2: That's why you're going, just like you know you can be like that's I want to go to.
Speaker 6: Boston so bad, to so many colleges there.
Speaker 2: You know you can make the reasons and you're sure you heard the expression chosen family. You'll find your chosen family. You know that one day that will be like friends that accept you become more like your family.
Speaker 1: You know, Man, if you're talking to my kid like that, I would want to kill you.
Speaker 3: And then finally this, I'm.
Speaker 7: Just starting, like I've been identifying with key hinds run on for a while, but.
Speaker 3: I would like to start off with a binder. So are there any resources that.
Speaker 2: You guys have for me to get a binder? Well? Would you have binders?
Speaker 6: So I could definitely send you some.
Speaker 2: I just would need to know where to send it, because sometimes you're really young, a parent's a box, come in, they're like, you know, what the heck is this? Why are you getting a box? You know what you order and then they kind of take it away when they find out what it is. But some people know it to a front's house or a relative's house. But if you could think of a way that you would be able to get it, you know, we would definitely send you.
Speaker 3: Some thirteen year old girl.
Speaker 4: Being taught how to evade her parents' attention, to mislead them, and to get a binder so she can flatten her breasts because she wants to look like a boy again at age thirteen. And of course, no screening, no talk about any other psychological problems, just all right, here's how you do it. And I would love to know the percentages of these people who are avowed neo Marxists. The idea of being if you can establish a queer identity, which is a blanket term that's not a specific thing, is a blanket term that means I'm against society as it is.
Speaker 3: I'm queer.
Speaker 4: Look at me, I'm a rebel because maybe you're not lesbian or gay, you're a transgender, or maybe they didn't get you through the Black Lives Matter thing. Tear down the system, tear down the system. It's all about tearing down the system. And they know they've got to turn the kids against their parents, because the parents will settle them down and say, yeah, they're obviously flaws with a system, but how about you work to fix them to make them better. Volunteer, become an attorney, something like that. No, no, no, no, no, no no, they want to turn them into little neo Marxists.
Speaker 3: So the person advising the child group were they with or what was.
Speaker 4: That is trans Youth Equality Foundation t y e F. And these people are teachers at schools too, and administrators at schools, and.
Speaker 3: This stuff came out of nowhere.
Speaker 4: Well, it came out of the teachers colleges, and it came out of the German intellectual salons of the forties and fifties. To read on, read up about it if you want. They've written books with their names on them saying precisely what they want to do. It's not like it didn't you know what. In fact, what I just said it came out of nowhere is the most untrue thing I have ever said.
Speaker 3: It's it's easily trackable, but people are just not aware of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it certainly gained prominence out of nowhere for all of us who are just you know, going on with our lives where we're and he gets slept in the face with this the new thing is just like what who what?
Speaker 3: Huh? Yeah? I would agree completely.
Speaker 4: Let's see a Norton ad has made that page unusable, so I'll skip that article. I just wanted to get to this. Here's a therapist who said, I just took it some organization training on for therapists on how to support families of gender diverse children. I didn't realize how much trans organizations hate black people, and I thought, wow, what? And I guess they taught her at length that the reason is because they can't manipulate black parents to affirm their children as easily. The training explained to me how many black families reject the idea and view the whole trans thing is a white issue, crazy white people.
Speaker 1: But that's true, crazy white people thing. It is a crazy white people thing.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you folks are absolutely right. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: It's the job of therapists to explain to black parents that the gender journey is real and their kids will die if they don't agree. These people hate black culture. I know the left is racist, but I never realized it in this way before. Your kid will die if you don't get them a binder and hormones and surgeries an utter dishonesty. I eminate all DEI programs everywhere and fight this stuff to the extent you can.
Speaker 1: I'll bet that's true for most people from South of the border too. As with the Black Crown, it's a crazy white person thing. It's an over educated white person thing, this weirdness.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I imagine going into the typical immigrant home of Mexican folks or whatever and saying, yeah, yeah, we want to turn Wan into Anita.
Speaker 3: Tell Wan Senior that and see how it goes.
Speaker 7: Jack Armstrong and Joey Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 1: But speaking of electric cars, and the reason we have electric cars, of course, is because we're killing the climate and or we're killing the climate or killing the planet, and we're all going to die soon. We all know that, right, how many years we have left, like, got like six months? We're all going to be dead, boiling in the sea.
Speaker 4: Yes, your suv is sticking a knife into the planet's spleen right now. You are a murder human Progress, which is a magazine now website, came out with these numbers yesterday. Adjusted for population, climate related deaths have fallen by ninety nine point two five percent since nineteen twenty, So in the last one hundred years, climate related deaths have fallen about one hundred percent. Meanwhile, the standard of living of billions of people around the planet has skyrocket. Good premature death has plunged, disease, misery, infant mortality, all of it has just dropped off of the map. But if we somehow peaked in terms of the lack of climate cause deaths and have backslid ever so slightly, we should absolutely completely sacrifice all the rest of that stuff to make sure the first category doesn't rise slightly.
Speaker 3: Come on, right right.
Speaker 1: One of the responses to that was, Look, we are going to innovate our way out of this problem eventually, and we may have to, but things just aren't as bad as people have been telling you they are.
Speaker 3: So yeah, absolutely true. Sorry, Greta, do you have.
Speaker 1: Any particular view on I mean, I know I know the answer to this. I can't even believe I'm asking it. I'm just asking it because every channel I flipped on today, as I slipped through the channels overnight, the news broke that Nikki Haley is suspending her campaign, a shock to no one, And.
Speaker 3: I was just going to ask you, Okay, I was going to ask you.
Speaker 1: Because it's the lead story on all broadcast news. Yes, I don't think it's important at all, Okay, I'm just asking you in case I'm off base.
Speaker 3: Do you have any.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on her full throw an endorsement of Trump? It is their lead topic on all broadcast news from NPR to Amazon BC.
Speaker 3: Whether NICKI Haley will or not? Yeah, and needs to. I couldn't give a crap. Okay, well then we're in the same category. Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: No, it's not like the sort of moderate Republicans or aisle Crossers or you know, old school Republicans are are persuadable at this point.
Speaker 3: That's that.
Speaker 4: No, No, she can say anything she wants. They still won't be big fans of Trump. I mean, if she could, She's a very bright lady. If she could come up with some sort of really strong rationale for you know what, Yeah, I've changed my mind if she could. As many many Americans have lay out the calculation that look, Trump is flawed. We all have her problems with them, but the far left DEI Black Lives Matter, Marxist agenda will ruin the country. Let's deal with Trump to keep them between the yellow lines. I'm not Biden and Harris.
Speaker 1: We all this is an interesting thing about being a human being. We all only know our own minds and personalities, and then we have to extrapolate for everyone else on earth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we look for clues, but it's imperfect at best. You're you're quite right.
Speaker 1: But I can't imagine ever being swayed by any politician about a different politician. Whether you tell me I should or shouldn't vote for them, all right, good for you. I'm still gonna make my own decision. I can't imagine that being a factor for me unless they.
Speaker 4: Lay out a rationale that is a persuasive and be new to me. It's something I hadn't come to myself, like the Biden Trump thing. And if you need NICKI Haley's help, I suppose maybe you're just really really don't like Trump and you need a little push or something. I don't know, but yeah, if she can come up with a really good persuasive line to get moderates off their butts into the poles, that might help some.
Speaker 3: Not at this point, not this many months out. I just don't think it matter. How funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was thinking the same thing even as I was trying to build a rationale.
Speaker 3: Here's the one thing again about my mind.
Speaker 1: I don't know about other people, but my anecdotal evidence for this sort of thing is. Back in two thousand, I was really big on the McCain Straight Talk Express and George W. Bush, you know, another family part of what blah blah blah blah blah. I was just really into McCain, and when he lost, I was very disappointed and had no enthusiasm for Bush. But then after you get like six eight months of the other side saying all kinds of mean things about your side, you come around to screw you people, and I.
Speaker 3: Just think that's what will happened with most people. Again.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, absolutely, you circle the wagon, sir. Is that racist thing they call it?
Speaker 3: Circle on the wagons are coming home?
Speaker 1: But I think that, like, I think that's like dismissive of it. It's it's makes it seem, i don't know, cowardly or stupid or something. No, I'm not going to listen to eight months of you beating up my side and calling us a bunch of racist losers, idiots, and and and and.
Speaker 4: Not have an opinion, right right, You know, I really wanted to get back to the climate change thing. But as long as we're this far down the road, just somebody remind me to got a great email. I absolutely love this The bad Orange Man email from Maggie I thought was terrific that we just shared with you. Then Jess and Wiley Texas points out you're dumb and not paying attention. The New York Times is finally articulated the problem with Biden. I've been wondering why he's so I'm popular, and why I don't like him. Finally the question is answered. Quote from The New York Times. The polls suggested Biden's weakness is concentrated among the less engaged, less educated segment of the electorate, including many young, black and Hispanic voters who traditionally vote for Democratic candidates. So I'm a moron. I haven't being attention. Y'all are dumb and distracted too, And the problem with the black and his back voters feeling off from the party, less educated and engaged. That's the problem Biden has all you stupid, stupid people who don't.
Speaker 3: Know how wonderfully he is. Thank you Jess.
Speaker 1: In particular, the New York Times is saying, dumb people of color.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, that's great, that's great.
Speaker 1: I was thinking about this yesterday with the realignment. How long is it gonna take? With the realignment? As more and more black and Hispanic people come over to the Republican Party and it becomes the party of the working class, which it seems is you know, fully happening when Will White and maybe it's already happened right there in the New York Times, when Will White too many degree liberals start saying racist things about all the black and brown people that have become Republicans are certainly racist adjacent, right, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: As soon as it's served them a minute, it serves them, they will trade their principles for gain the second it serves them.
Speaker 1: Well, it sounds like from that New York Times line, I mean, that's the first shot across the bow of that that I've heard. Dumb black and brown people aren't paying attention.
Speaker 3: They're the ones that were.
Speaker 4: We're there the weakness us smart people. We know, Joe Biden. So when you still a god among men, I'm a white guy in case you don't know that.
Speaker 1: So when you know so coming from that point of view, but when if you're brown or black and you were voting Democrat, it's you know, you were just making decisions based on the issues. You're taking a look at the tax rate and policy. This and that and made a decision and the Democratic Party was the best choice. If you vote Republican, though, it's because you you're informed, your low.
Speaker 3: Information voter, you weren't paying attention. You don't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably fell for misinformation and or disinformation, right, Yeah, I knew that was going to happen, and it's already happened.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: I was working my way toward this email, which I thought was great from Paolo. Lots of the left is up in arms about the scotis allowing Trump on the ballot in Colorado and other states. They're the same folks that are squealing, we'll lose our democracy if he's elected. If they succeed in keeping him off the ballot, haven't we lost it already? They should be asking themselves whether so afraid he'll be elected if he's as bad a guy as they say is hint it's because the alternative they offer his worse. Fix that and there'll be no need to worry about him, and no need to steal our democracy to save democracy. Yeah, the idea of yes, we're going to mount half a dozen highly suspicious court cases to keep the leading candidate off the ballot because we love democracy. Good lord, if there's a greater hypocrisy in American history, point it out to me, please, would you?
Speaker 1: And I would also like to know one more thing election wise, who are y'all who are voting for Maryann Williamson? And is it a joke vote or is there something about her crazy act that you're digging.
Speaker 4: If it's a joke, I appreciate it. I guess I appreciate you hanging in there. I guess you do too.
Speaker 1: Maryann Williamson, who got out of the race, then surprisingly did well in Michigan with like four percent and decided to get back into the race because she had Marianne momentum or something.
Speaker 3: We slam it like nobody's business. That's hilarious.
Speaker 1: Those Yeah, we're voting in Williamson just because she's like a terrort card reader, right, or palm reader or something, chiropractor, one of.
Speaker 4: Those things, no comment, some sort of helper of some sort. Yeah, well, she's she's a hobbyist, so she felt like going fishing. Essentially, she felt like getting back in the presidential race, giving a couple of speeches. Whatever, Yeah, you're yourself, Marianne slam.
Speaker 1: It, boy, if you could get anybody to throw money your way, and you're flying around first class and staying in nice hotels and eating a bunch of meals and pretending to talk about policy, it'd be kind of fun for a while.
Speaker 3: We slam it like nobody's business. Edie, I just went and that's the roseries.
Speaker 7: A lady walked diver and she's standing in front of me the blueberries and strawberries. And she opened up the blueberries and started touching them. After she squeezed the blueberries, she put them back and did it, and so she grabbed the one she wanted and walked away.
Speaker 3: Is that no yuck? She squeezed my blueberries?
Speaker 4: As a beloved blues song by Old Blind Jimmy Differson.
Speaker 3: She squeezed the blueberries. That was I believe.
Speaker 4: A kiwi accent, which means you're awesy.
Speaker 3: Okay, France, that's correct.
Speaker 1: I have purchased blueberries where you get them home and they're all soft in machine.
Speaker 3: Nobody wants to eat them.
Speaker 1: No very disppin. But I'm not going to open them up and squeeze them ahead of time. I just don't by an eyeball them. You can you can tell how hard they are by eyeball them pretty effectively.
Speaker 3: I'm a big blueberry can summer. Which which fruits do you thump? Thump?
Speaker 1: What are your thumpable throats? A watermelon in a muskmelon. People hate when I say mul and muskmelon. It's canalobe for the rest of you, I guess.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 4: I've long found pineapples to be a bit of a challenge in avocados.
Speaker 3: Avocados I squeeze a little bit. I think you have to what should they feel like?
Speaker 4: If they're hard, they're not ready, And well, that's fine if you're going to serve avocados in three days. But if you're like gonna whip up something tonight, you're gonna make.
Speaker 3: You some guacamole. You can't have rock hard avocados.
Speaker 1: My son prefers the bananas when they're really green, and I hate that flavor. That's probably my least favorite flavor on earth is a super green banana.
Speaker 3: Black. Hmmm, you've had cow dung kicked into your mouth, right? I often say that to my kids. This is the worst thing I've ever tasted, and I've had cow excrement in my mouth.
Speaker 4: Do you say extrementer thir teenagers. Do you drop the S bomb because the joke's funnier with the S bomb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I usually say crap, I was at a restaurant your dad, I get it. So they had a get together last night at the junior high because my son is getting out of sixth grade and heading into junior high. Anyway, So the kids were there and they're talking about how different junior high is and this and that. But what got the most tittering among the children was when they mentioned school dances. So this will be entering the era of school dances for the first time. There's a lot of looking around and shuffling over that one. Some of the kids very excited about it, mostly the girls. Some of the kids not excited about it at all, mostly the boys.
Speaker 4: Now, obviously you will be obligated to appoint a transgender bell of the ball, fall, Queen, Homecoming, Queen, et cetera.
Speaker 3: But we'll work that out.
Speaker 1: The dances start in junior high. The first dance I ever attended EGG was in seventh grade. Man, I don't know if I've ever been more uncomfortable in my life.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I just I remember as my kids transitioned from elementary school to middle school, picking them up or waiting for them outside or something, and seeing some of the girls who were rather proud of their how do I put this and not get arrested? Their their development is adult females and more than proud enough to flaunt it, and thinking, what the hell.
Speaker 3: Is you in eighth in eighth grade? Wow?
Speaker 4: Yes, yeah, the whole concept now, granted, in a warm weather climate, it's different than we grew up in the Midwest part of it, but some of the like those shorts are offully short and that top is afully tight.
Speaker 3: Yep. Wow.
Speaker 1: I wasn't even thinking of like a sexual element in the dances, but I suppose you know at this age, Yeah, what are you gonna do it? Just in general, though, why is the transition from grade school to junior high such a big deal? I'm trying to remember. I my memory is that that's like when it was like really out there and in the open, the whole boy girl relationship thing.
Speaker 3: Katie.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would think so, because you're I mean, I don't know, there was something for me. There was something about the words high school at the end of it. So you weren't in elementary school. You were in junior high school, so you were you know, you were one of the big kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I see, I moved schools right then, so and junior high was a crazy, uncomfortable and unhappy time for me. But I thought it was just because I moved schools left all my friends behind. But it might just be based on what I was listening to teachers talk about last night. It's tough for everybody at that age.
Speaker 5: Plus especially for females. The differences. Yeah that shape seriously. That well, at least that change happened for me. In between elementary school and junior high school. I went away for summer and came back.
Speaker 3: Hey, guys, wow, I'll bet that is something.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's it's because it's uncomfortable, but you want it to happen, but it's more uncomfortable.
Speaker 3: Yeah anything. I guess I've never really thought about it.
Speaker 1: But yeah, at that age, if you're going to show up to school with a different pair of shoes, you're wondering, you know, what are people are going to say about it?
Speaker 3: Or did you know showing up with a different body? Holy crap. I was one of three girls that that happened to that. We showed up after that summer and it was drastic. Yeah, and did people comment on that, Oh yeah, non stop. I ay nicknames.
Speaker 5: I was called somebody called me dirty Pillows and that lasted with me all the way through high school.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, that's not a good nickname. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm older, so probably you wouldn't have gotten away with this as a teacher. But I remember teachers, teachers commenting on the girls that had showed up back at school and you know, looking different.
Speaker 3: Is that something? Teachers would mention it, commenting, like mentioning, how like have you seen Katie this year? Yeah, not the same Katie as last year? Huh whoa? As teachers would say that, and everybody would be disgusting. It is weird. It's a different time. I'm gonna needs to call to catch a predator on those people.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: One of that changes is PE classes, when you start getting dressed together and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Right, that's one of the things they mentioned that the PE class, you're gonna start wearing I got pea clothes, you got shorts and a T shirt, and you're gonna have to change clothes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it'll be a new thing. Or the girls.
Speaker 5: Which girls had to get bras, which ones didn't. Oh, that was a big conversation, all the girls peaking at each other.
Speaker 3: Yeah weird, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: But so they did announce that there are going to be dances this year, and some people seemed horrified by it. Some people seemed excited. I was horrified, you, Katie, as a girl, seemed like the girls were more excited about it.
Speaker 3: I loved it. Yeah, Oh, the dress, the makeup, the all of it. Loved it.
Speaker 1: Plus, as girls, you can run out there with just your friends that are also girls in dance and ye around have a good time.
Speaker 3: It's not well, it's an option for the boys, but much scarier for the guys.
Speaker 5: The pressures on them too to ask the girl to the dance and all that stuff.
Speaker 3: That's n No.
Speaker 1: I danced the first time it had an eighth grade dance, and it's because some girl came and asked me for the last dance of the night. I can still remember the song Donna Summer. Last dance. I was sweating bullets. I mean I was just I was soaked in sweat. We were actually touching each other because it was a slow dance and I was just, I mean just my shirt was wet.
Speaker 2: What do I do? What do I do?
Speaker 1: Horrifying quick question for you, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program.
Speaker 4: The answer is easy, friends, just download our podcast, Armstrong and Getty on Demand. It's the podcast version of the podcast show, available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform known demand.
Speaker 3: Download it now, Armstrong and Getty on Demand.
Speaker 2: Me