Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Jetty Armstrong and Getty. According to the.
Speaker 3: White House zappers, while visiting Donald Trump in the Oval Office, Elon Musk's four year old needed a diaper change. Luckily there was plenty left over from the previous tenant.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was that ten? I asked for ten? Was that joke?
Speaker 1: Ten?
Speaker 2: That was on joke? Ten? Huh?
Speaker 1: Okay, my joke TenneT joke was a ten out of ten. My Joe Pye was in continent? Is the point?
Speaker 2: My joke? Ten? Is Bill Maher Kanye West is getting a divorce? Is that joke? Ten?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, here I have that joke.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 4: Marriage is over, Biancusen sorry, and Kanye West of cold it quits. I I just hope this doesn't make Kanye do something stupid. Yeah, apparently it was. It was a while in coming. Try can I try to be sensitive? You said to her, it's not you, it's not me, it's the Jews.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's pretty funny. It's not you, it's not me, it's the Jews.
Speaker 1: Kanye, It's so crazy. I hadn't heard that they're getting a divorce.
Speaker 2: So a week after she's naked looking like a hostage at the Grammys, they're getting a divorce. Her played a role in any way.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Plus I heard something she's not down with the anti Semitism at all. And I hadn't understood exactly how that quote unquote super Bowl out of his got on where he rambles and says, go to my website. Then the only product that his website is a swastika T shirt. He had an ad agency by a local Super Bowl spot in every market he could around America, so Big Fox didn't air it. It was just on. I can't remember many dozens of local markets around America, that crazy ass commercial of his. And he's, man, is he headed for a big crack up?
Speaker 2: Well with what goal? Or do you just think he's actually nuts?
Speaker 1: Oh, he's got to just be nuts. I mean it could be he's an obsessive anti Semite in the vein of a certain Chancellor of Germany.
Speaker 2: But well, I don't think that's clearly nuts. I mean I could be wrong, but I don't think that's it. I don't he wants he wants people to be mad at him. He's got some sort of childish upset doing things to make people not like him so he can say people don't like him thing going. I mean, like his tweet about his tweet about I turned down three make a Wish kids and wheelchairs this week. I mean, he just he just wants people to be upset with him for some sad reason, and that he hasn't killed himself already is shocking to me. I think that's going to be a headline in my lifetime.
Speaker 1: But as usual, when you're talking about something like this, trying to come up with a rational explanation for crazy, you just you can't.
Speaker 2: He might be the richest mentally ill person in the world, and then can you know, kind of get away with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. I mean, if he were not independently wealthy, he would be living in a box somewhre absolutely just yeah, yeah, too bad, folks. Be grateful for your mental health to the extent that you have. Any Ah, So a headful of AI related stories that I found very interesting as we move further and further into this world. I've actually been using it a bit more in last week, partly because Apple updated their software, and I've had a couple of searches that they needed to use chat GPT to help with and it's been quite impressive, really, so I'm feeling more and more like at least I understand how some of it works. But anyway, a story number one is they did a couple of universities got together did a series of experiments where they were they had to volunteers pose as drone pilots making kill or no kill, shoot or no shoot decisions. And they would, you know, up the ante by showing them pictures of civilians hurt and killed by drone strikes and buildings damage and stuff like that. They made it as impactful as they could in a research setting. And you know, it's too bad this this article is written with way too much editorial, so I'll just summarize it for you. People seemed very willing to overcome their own thinking, or over turn their own thinking if the AI system said I disagree, even if it had been made infinitely clear to them that the AI system is unsophisticated and it makes mistakes. But they seemed in large numbers to defer to the computer, and amusingly, they tried it with like a primitive robot saying I would go ahead and shoot at them, and then turning very robotically. Then they used did a more sophisticated humanoid like robot, and then they just did a simple computer interface to suit that changed it, and it did a little bit.
Speaker 2: So the human psychology of this AI side is interesting. So that's it's like the famous trolley car problem. You will say, go ahead and run over the person if if something tells you to, if a supposed expert tells you.
Speaker 1: To, yeah, even if somebody makes clear to you, hey, this expert is wrong a fair amount. And the way they this experiment was they would show them pictures very quickly of their target, and that often included the symbol of either your side or the other side, either the Ukrainian flag or the Russian Z for instance, and and say shoot or don't shoot. And even though they'd programmed the AI to be random in its decisions so it was wrong as much as it was right, the people would refer to it in large numbers. So anyway, I just thought that was kind of interesting. We tend well, certain people tend to be very easily led, whether it's a human being or a technical beast like AI.
Speaker 2: Well, I guess that that explains the whole, not on purpose to get back to Germans and Nazi things, but the whole, the whole. I was just following orders thing. I guess that fits in with that. You're you're willing to do lots of things if somebody tells you to yeah, an expert tells you to yeah.
Speaker 1: To refer to a very famous parable, I guess it is about how among human beings there are sheep, there are wolves, there are sheep dogs, and the masses of folks are a little sheepy. And you know, you could be insulting about that and call them sheeple and stuff like that, and I have in the past. But if that is the way most people are at some point, you have to realize that and be a realist about it. Founding Fathers work. That's why the designed so many checks and balances against somebody seizing dictatorial powers, because a lot of sheeple want a dictator because it's simple and they know what they're supposed to do in a dictatorship. Anyway, Another quick artificial intelligence story. New study shows that over aliance on artificial intelligence to perform certain tasks reduces critical thinking. Study conducted by Carnegie, Mellen and Microsoft who is working as hard as they can to get AI going, found that people who use AI regularly for basic routine tasks will lose their ability for complex critical thinking. From social workers to people who write code for a living, the professional surveyed, We're all asked to share real life examples, and the blah blah blah. The methodology is not that interesting and it's long. But of course, if you know, if I have a machine to shovel snow for me, my snow shoveling muscles are going to get less strong. And it's true intellectually too. Well.
Speaker 2: I don't know if this fits in with my example of it. I'm still the only person I've heard say this. I want to get it. I want to say it again because I want credit for it when it becomes a big thing, because I do think it's going to be a big thing. I'm a worst driver now because of the automatic driving in my Tesla. When I'm in my car without it, I'm not as I just don't pay as good attention because I got in the habit of something paying attention for me. Yeah, And I think that's why I had my motorcycle wreck because I'm just I'm it happens so quickly that my brain got retrained when I'm driving that I don't need to pay attention. There's a computer paying attention for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's undeniable, and that's going to become a real problem nationwide. There aren't enough people driving cars that have that technology yet, I guess. But similar sort of thing.
Speaker 2: When something else can do it for you, you atrophy amazingly quickly. Apparently all of us.
Speaker 1: Have had the experience of like spacing off behind the wheel, and you'd like startle and you think, oh god, no, I got to pay attention. I gotta pay attention. If you systematically get trained, no, it's okay to space Offah. Yeah, that's going to change your metal approach of course. Yeah. So a couple of quick words from the summary of this article, and then we will get to the funny AI story, or at least ironic. Researchers wrote in the paper that AI can result in the deterioration of cognitive faculties that ought to be preserved.
Speaker 2: Quote.
Speaker 1: A key irony of automation is that by mechanizing routine tasks and leaving exception handling to the human user. You deprive the user of the routine opportunities to practice their judgment and strengthen their cognitive musculature, leaving the matrophied and unprepared when the exceptions do arid.
Speaker 2: I think that's exactly what happened with the driving. It's just it happens with everything apparently that we use AI for.
Speaker 1: Wow, this reminds me of that internal study that Facebook did that said, Hey, this stuff's addictive and it'll wreck your minds. Don't let your kids do this anyway. Let's keep marketing to the suckers anyway. That's striking, especially because Microsoft is involved. So a quick word again from our friends at prize Picks, right, Michael, isn't that right? Yeah, And then we'll get back to a rather funny, ironic, bitterly amusing story about AI prize Picks. You can now went up to a thousand times your money on prize Picks. It's best way to get sports action in more than thirty states, including call Unicornia, Texas, Georgia, and Florida.
Speaker 2: So a football season over. Now is the time to win real money this basketball season with prize Picks as it starts to heat up, and you should download the Prize Picks app and check all the different options today to go more and less in a whole bunch of different categories. And you sign up today, you get fifty dollars instantly when you play five You don't even need to win to receive the fifty dollars bonus. It's guaranteed.
Speaker 1: And as today is Tuesday, it's worth pointing out that Prize Picks offers weekly promotions that can lead to big payoffs, like Taco Tuesday, where they discount select player projections up to twenty five percent. To provide even more value for your lineups. Download the Prize Picks app today, use the code Armstrong to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five bucks. Again, that's automatic. Download Prize Picks. Use that code Armstrong, Prize Picks run your game. So finally, this this goes out to folks on both coasts in the center of the country. Whoever's had to make an insurance claim. Oh, that reminds me later on in the show, maybe an hour four Wait what.
Speaker 2: You do four hours?
Speaker 1: Yes, we do. And if you can't get it, you could grab it later via podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You probably ought to subscribe. Anyway, We're gonna have a feature about California versus Florida and policy and homeowners insurance. It is quite a striking difference. Anyway. All State Insurance was using AI models to write responses to letters speak in emails because they get zillions of them from customers, and All State is discovering these soulless, generative AI models made up entirely of data and code, are more empathetic than many of its human representatives.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: The insurer said that during the often frustrating back and forth between customers and claim reps after a claim is filed, nearly all of the All State emails are now generated by AI, and that as a result, they are less accusatory and jargony and more empathetic than the humans.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 1: All States using open eyes GPT model for what it's worth. Quote, when these emails used to go out, even though we had standards and so on, they would include a lot of insurance jargon. They weren't very empathetic, claims would claims agents would get frustrated, and so it wasn't necessarily great communications said their chief information officer.
Speaker 2: That's interesting. So have you found yourself doing this now that Google has the little AI summary at the top whenever you search anything. I've been using that a lot, and I don't almost exclusively, and I don't scroll down to check other things. I go with the little AI summary and assume it's right. I guess far superior.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you know, I'm not sure I'd say I assume it's right, but it's it's helpful. It's what I was looking for way, way, way more often than the useless just Google.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's succinct and it Yeah, that's something, and it'll get a lot better, I assume. With allso, with all the dangers of it choosing what it wants you to see inherent to the problem. We got a lot more on the waist here.
Speaker 5: And when you're trying to make that decision, do I feel safe flying? And I do very much. So there's no trend. There's nothing that ties these accidents together. So using critical thinking, you can say for yourself, do all of these things indicate some kind of trend in aircraft accidents? And to me, as an experienced investigator and being involved in aviation as a mechanic and as a safety inspector for the FAA. I'm perfectly I feel perfectly safe doing this. I don't see anything tying these together that says, oh, the FAA's bad or the system is a problem. So you got that plane landed in Canada on its upside down, which she's not supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Somebody should have told the pilot. And I had a number of people in my real life, because this is three and a couple of weeks, say what's going on with flying? And that guy's saying, nothing's going on with flying. So there you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's a real test of our ability to be rational as human beings. Since it just keeps popping up, you start to think maybe something's going on.
Speaker 2: Right. We mentioned this last week a little follow up on the asteroid that might hit the Earth in twenty thirty two. So they have spotted an asteroid way out there in outer space that is headed to Horde Earth, but it's so far away that it's difficult to nail down exactly where it's going to pass by. I mean, just imagine the tiniest bit of being off and measuring it from that far away would over that many gazillion miles turn into a pretty wide space. But it has a watch.
Speaker 1: Don't look up. I know how the process works.
Speaker 2: It has a two percent chance of hitting Earth in twenty thirty two, and as you said the other day, a one in fifty chance, ain't nothing. One in fifty of it hit and Earth. So this particular asteroid is forty to ninety meters wide, they do know that, which is what the length of a football field.
Speaker 1: Yeah, roughly.
Speaker 2: The thing that hit in the Yukton Peninsula that wiped out the dinosaurs was several kilometers, so is much bigger than that. So this isn't a wipes out Earth, wipes out human beings sort of asteroid. But it would would be a heck of a big deal wherever it hit, really big deal. And I don't know do we currently have the technology to intercept that. If fat is it gets closer, because that's seven years from now. As it gets closers, we I'm sure the one in fifty will get narrowed down as it gets closer. Just the math will get easier and if they can determine. Look, we got like an eighty percent chances is going to hit Earth. We got to intercept it right. With our modern technology.
Speaker 1: I would think we'd be able to nudge it successfully enough that it would move the Earth. But I've read scientists talking about this. How if it was say, aimed right in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, and and you came along as Nassa and said, now we think we can nudge it so it doesn't hurt it hit the earth completely. We'll be nudging it eastward a long way, and all the countries eastward not a long way like you know whatever. Actually that would be the United States udge.
Speaker 2: We'll say, nudge it into China.
Speaker 1: Let's go with westward for the sake of the argument. So we say, no, we're going to nudget so far west it doesn't even hit the earth. And all the countries of the west, China, India, you know, Russia, Europe are like, no, you're not nudging it west. How about you nudge Niche.
Speaker 2: So China sends up their spaceship, we send up our spaceship, and we're on both sides of the asteroid trying to push a different directions.
Speaker 1: Oh no, wrestling in space. It's gonna be an interesting media a death Come do your work.
Speaker 2: And what what how much time I got, Michael, I've got my biggest complaint of the weekend. Starbucks has changed their lids, and I'm outraged. They got rid of their plastic lids to be good for the earth, and they've got these paper lids now that you can't put a stopper in. He used to be able to put a little plastic stopper and so he could ride in your car and it doesn't spill. You can't do that anymore with their dumb paper lids. So that's the I emailed several people in Ukraine and told them how upset I was.
Speaker 1: Have Trump step in. He got rid of the paper straws. Maybe you can get rid of this garbage Starbucks.
Speaker 2: I hate your paper lids. You suck.
Speaker 1: Make coffee great again, exactly.
Speaker 2: Some really disturbing news about the budget so far this fiscal year that everybody should be paying attention to, but nobody is. Among other things we can talk about. I hope you can stay.
Speaker 1: Here, Armstrong and Getty. People are really scared.
Speaker 6: I think that you know, twelve days ago, people knew where their next paycheck was coming from. They knew how they were going to pay for their kids' take care, their medical bills, and then all gone overnight.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to make it clear that I'm not happy that this person is wondering where they're going to get their next paycheck or how they're going to survive, because you know, we most of us have been there at some point in our lives. But the fact that these government workers are unaware that the private sector lives this way all the time is amazing to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're in a different kind of bubble than the one we usually talk about. I would call it an employment reality bubble. They don't understand that the vast majority the world strikes that bargain. Yeah, our production, our skill, our value to the company will be high enough that they keep us until it's not. Then we got to find another gig.
Speaker 2: So let's play the intro from sixty minutes on this story last night. This was their first story about DOGE cutting USAID and all that sort of stuff yesterday.
Speaker 1: And enjoy the foreboding language used by Scott Pelly.
Speaker 7: It's too soon to tell how serious President Trump is in defiance of the Constitution. In his first twenty eight days, he signed an order to nullify birthright citizenship for some a right guaranteed by the fourteenth Amendment, and he has closed agencies and frozen spending that Congress mandated by law. Lower courts are holding up many of the president's priorities, but nothing has risen to the Supreme Court, where these battles over presidential power could rewrite history. Presidents often push limits FDR's New Deal, for example, and voters in this last election wanted change, but the scope and speed of Trump's reach for power may be unprecedented. One example is a sixty three year old agency created by Congress, codified in law, and eviscerated by Trump in a matter of days.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's an interesting reach for power that you're trying to shrink the government.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah. And the idea that the fourteenth Amendment thing is clearly unconstitutional and he knows it and everybody knows it. And how shutting down USA temporarily when you reassess how it projects American power broad is somehow just an unforgivable and horrific sin against humanity. And it's just so intellectually dishonest. But again, I've given up on Network News and CBS. It's a joke.
Speaker 2: Like I always say, I almost never miss an episode of sixty Minutes. But I must have missed the one in which Scott Pelly said, no one's exactly sure how much Joe Biden's willing to challenge the Constitution, but the Supreme Court ruled he can't do away with student loans. However, he seems hell bent on doing it despite blah blah blah. I must have missed that episode.
Speaker 1: In fact, he said the Supreme Court was illegitimate for enforcing the Constitution and vowed that he would do it anyway. No lesson an unprecedented reach for power, no lesson authority than Nancy Pelosi has said multiple times the President doesn't have the authority to cancel student loans, but he's doing it anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I must have missed that episode.
Speaker 1: Their partisan hacks anyway, I forget about their past as serious journalists.
Speaker 2: It's gone. I wanted to hear more from this poor Christina girl who got fired at her government job the.
Speaker 1: Other day and they had to leave the building.
Speaker 6: And these are folks who had decades and decades of public service, serving USAID across administrations from you know, George Bush to Obama to the first Trump administration, and they were never able to walk back in the building again.
Speaker 2: No way. You'd been there for decades doing a good job. You got fired and you weren't let back in the building. I've never heard of that happening before.
Speaker 1: Thank you for describing precisely how it's going to be as wasteful, out of control, ridiculous government programs get rained in. That is what it's going to look like. Yeah, and it's unfortunate, but it must be done. Have you seen the deficit lately, sweetheart?
Speaker 2: Speaking of that alarming report shows us drowning in red ink. The New York Post threw in as Democrats block spending cuts, which is perfectly fine. So this is the first four months of the fiscal year. The federal government has a what they call mind numbing and it is eight hundred and thirty eight billion dollar shortfall four months into the fiscal year.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Per the non partisan Congressional Budget Office, that eight hundred and thirty eight billion dollar hole is fifteen percent higher than last year's first three month gap, which was horrifying and talked about then. But it's fifteen percent more now. Last month, the CBO projected at nearly two trillion dollars in overspending this year. I remember the first time we spent more than a trillion was that the beginning of COVID or was that eight when we had the big financial meltdown. But anyway, first time we spent we had a yearly budget deficit of a trillion, it was just, oh my god, we can't Bloh Now it's two trillion regularly. That's just what we do now, that's that's just where we.
Speaker 1: Have time with a strong economy, that's correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that would be about six point two percent of gross domestic product. It was three point eight percent on average over the last fifty years. Now it's six point two percent. That would be added, of course to our current thirty six trillion dollar debt, and in just a couple of years, the nation's debt. This has been threatened for a long time. The math is simple. It's out there on the horizon covered our direction. I mean, it's as inevitable as the sun rise, but we all pretend it's not or something. In just a few years, the nation's debt to GDP ratio will exceed it's World War two peak, which is amazing in peace time. What are we gonna do if there is a similar catastrophe like World War Two, which could easily happen with China could easily happen. Sure, combination of China and Russia and we in Europe are fighting them, absolutely could happen. But we're already spending like we did during World War Two. What happens in well, maybe you lose is what happens.
Speaker 1: I just like how any cut is identified as a horror, particularly by left these days in the media, because it will take away the the the excuse used for spending. It will be hurt. This is money budgeted for a starving pregnant women, So you're pregnant women starve. Here's the deal with government spending in casegnan a group of people that people could really have some compassion for. I think you chose all right exactly. So they spend zillions of dollars on god knows what, but they call it spending for starving pregnant women. Therefore, when you try to cut it, having identified it is wasteful and ridiculous, and one penny of every dollar goes to a hungry pregnant gal, they screech about it, that the scam being every dollar that's spent by government is given a noble sounding name. There's no there's no Department of flushing money down the toilet, even though you know it. Actually, more appropriately it would be the Department of handing out enormous gobs of cash to our cronies. Nobody actually calls itself that, but that's.
Speaker 2: What it is. Well, as I've heard a number of people point out there should be more. Asking Democrats, what would you cut? I assume you believe we've got to cut spending since we're thirty two trillion dollars in debt, would you cut? Of course, the answer is always going to be raised taxes. The billionaires aren't paying their fast share, and that's where you go with that.
Speaker 1: The rich, you need to pay their fresh share. Yeah. Interestingly enough, I thought this was a great perspective written by a fellow by the name of Eugene Controvich. Controrovich. How many o's are enough? Eugene? Anyway, he's talking about the billions and billions of dollars that the US spends through the the UN for what he refers to as the global deep State in the Wall Street Journal. This is not some sort of fevered website or whatever. He mentions. In fiscal twenty two, the US government provided more than twenty one billion dollars to one hundred and seventy nine international organizations and multilateral entities. It's four hundred and fifty pages of a State Department report just listing them. And that's on top of the direct foreign aid that went to radical progressive causes via the USAID that everybody's been talking about. So this is twenty one billion dollars on top of all that. Even the most and is headline for which is worth mentioning, is now, let's defund the UN. But he says even the most innocuous sounding international organizations have institutionalized woke ideology. Nearly every UN affiliated organization seeks to make climate change, of course, and or gender issues, including transgenderism, an integral part of their work. Not if they get around to it. It should be all about that DEI offices abound. The International Organization for Migration lists among its central activity areas of activity gender equality, environmental sustainability, and reducing global inequalities. The UN Commission on Human Rights promotes a variety of transgender propaganda programs, such as helping Nepalese LGBTQIP plus minus over the power three writers tell their own story. Then you know you can get into abortion and all sorts of stuff like that. But yeah, virtually everything the UN does is as he said, sound like a taxpayer funded sixteen to nineteen project. Defund the UN. That's the next step. I wonder. I wonder because Trump and company have made threatening noises about that. I would love to see him send shockways like the ridiculous gazzil Argo plan Gazalalago. We'll take over Gaza and kick all the people out and turn it into a resort. His mobile eyes to the air world to say, eh, eh, wait a minute, maybe we can find a real solution to this. I would love to say, no, we're not going to fund the UN anymore at all, beginning next week, and see what reforms suddenly shakeout. Well.
Speaker 2: One of Elon's tweets over the weekend about things he's cutting this is one of the this is an interesting thing that has happened. Of course, one of the great things about Elon run on Twitter and being in charge of this is how he can get the news out in a way that some retired senator. You don't you've never heard of part of some blue ribbon commission. Nobody'd be paying any attention to him whatsoever. But Elon tweeted out funding for racist baby training has been canceled, and it's got the list of how they uh, how you can train your kid to not be racist starting at three months old. Babies are born racist and you have to train it out of them starting at three months. And it's actually has the information here what you do for your baby at three months, at nine months, at two years, at three years, and at five years to make sure your kid is not racist.
Speaker 1: So babies have a natural predilection to respond more favorably to faces that look like their own. Right, the way was made by God or nature, and you can't trend them out of it accord.
Speaker 2: Your way of presenting it. Or babies are born racist. You people are effing nuts, how but not a lot of you are spending your time trying to train your baby out of racism at three months. There's a lot of other things you should do for your baby.
Speaker 1: But all right, you know how every single couple in advertising is multi racial, sure, every single fan.
Speaker 2: Even though you know practically none in your real life, right, exactly.
Speaker 1: The actual statistics on that are really interested? Oh really, I'd like to hear that and highly politically incorrect. It'll probably end our career to even observe the truths. You can't observe the truth, like we were talking about in Germany before. If you insult anybody or hurt their feelings, you're a criminal. I am test drove the Tesla cyber truck the other day.
Speaker 2: I wanted to talk about that because it's a controversial vehicle. Also, my kids say I have a new dent in my head that I should be aware of. I'm a shaven headed man. If you've never seen me before, and you can see my entire sphere spiracle head. My kids say I have a new dent. I should go to a phrenologist. I don't know who you see about.
Speaker 1: That, friend, because I don't think that's a thing. I thought, well, yes, but I'm not sure it's the legitimate science.
Speaker 2: Will insurance cover it? Anyway? We got a lot more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 1: Burger che burger tea barger tea.
Speaker 2: Burger right, yes, right from the seventies. No, I misplaced fourteen burger well drunk until I'm sorry, but I think he might be too drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, try to tackle Paul Simon, but I missed. And now Sabrina Carpenter's dad drunk.
Speaker 2: I'm going girl at a party everyone, So I'm uh, we're big fans of drunkne call at my household. So I like to see him get a spot on the fifty years anniversary. There's so many drunk holds. My favorite part, though, is he looks down at his drink. He says, not my captain America.
Speaker 1: Wow, very funny. I'm not so obsessively political. I can't enjoy that. But how about let's do a little drunk kid go home from college suddenly knows everything character. Wouldn't that be charming?
Speaker 2: I think they've had that over the years a few times.
Speaker 1: Oh good good.
Speaker 2: One international update that's not exactly funny, so trouugh transition. Two quick things. So they got the big media in Saudi Arabia right now. Marco Rubiar a Secretary of State meeting with Lavrov, basically the Secretary of State of Russia trying to work out a deal or start the talks or whatever. Zelensky isn't there anyway? This breaking news. All you need to know about this is the United States ask Russia for a moratorium on strikes against Ukraine's energy infrastructure. Lavra rejected that. He said, be because Russia has never targeted Ukrainian energy infrastructure in the first place.
Speaker 1: Must all that's a good one surgery.
Speaker 2: That's not a good start to the talks if you're just going to deny all reality. And then this horrific news that came out. Hamas says the youngest hostages ages two and five, and their mom are dead and their bodies will be sent back to Israel this week. So that one of the reasons Israel has been holding out this whole time and putting up with a lot of crap from Hamas is hoping to get back those two little kids and their mom. But they're all dead, probably have been for a while. How did those little kids die, Hamas? What happened there?
Speaker 1: Yeah, no kidding monsters. So a complete change topic here, I said we would do this, so let's squeeze it in. I found this very interesting. Its statistics on spouse's races for newlyweds, it goes through It's not up to date, so I suspect some of these numbers have changed a little bit because innerational marriage has become more common in the last four or five years, which you're not covered. And I will tell you this just for the sake of the argument. I don't care who you marry. I hope you care for each other and are good for each other, and if you have kids, you raise them the best you can and you have a happy life together.
Speaker 2: I can't give a crap. I don't care either. I just think it's interesting human nature that it tends not to happen.
Speaker 1: Right indeed, and to deny that that's okay or natural or birds of a feather flock together is just it's it's a depth of how unrealistic the DEI crowd is. Of course they're they're Marxists. And also, and it's not just to us who are annoyed by or have noticed that every couple just portrayed on TV, especially in ads, has to be multiracial. Now. I get they think, you know, we got to show a black person, so a black person will want to buy this brand of wheelbarrow or a car or cereal too, which I think is probably not necessary. But anyway, I thought this is interesting. The most recent statistics they have white males merry white females, it's a zero point eight nine to eight percent of the time, so ninety percent of the time. It's slightly slightly more. It's ninety and a half percent that white females marry white males. Then there are a mix of other ethnicities they might marry, and it's this chart is quite interesting. It's a little challenging to read, but it has Black, Cambodian, Chinese, Filipino, Hispanic, Long Indian, Japanese, Korean, Laotian, other, Pakistani, Vietnamese, all sorts of different things. Blah blah blah. One interesting departure from the tendency and this is, well, I don't know what to make of it is Japanese females marry white guys forty one percent of the time.
Speaker 2: But how often do black.
Speaker 1: Filipinos It's about forty four percent. Of course, you know the whole what's white, what's not?
Speaker 2: How often do you have a black white marriage, as is portrayed in ads like it's half the.
Speaker 1: Time among black female else it appears to be about six and a half percent. Black males merry white women about fourteen.
Speaker 2: Percent, But in the time in detergent commercials, it's more like ninety five percent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's correct.
Speaker 2: For some reason, we do four hours. If you miss an hour, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty