Speaker 1: Good break it down. If you ever have feelings that you just won't Amy and Cat got your covin locking. No, brother, ladies and folks, do you just follow Anna.
Speaker 2: Spirit where it's all the front over real stuff to the chill stuff and the m but Swayne. Sometimes the best thing you can do it.
Speaker 1: Just stop you feel things. This is feeling things with Amy and Kat.
Speaker 3: Happy Thursday. Welcome to feeling things. I'm Amy and I'm Kat, and I have two feelings of the day. It's content and confused, and I have more thoughts on my confused one, so we can save that. If you've got any feelings.
Speaker 1: Well, I have two feelings. Your feelings are an alliteration, and my feelings are also alliteration. I love liliteration.
Speaker 2: I love one alliteration.
Speaker 1: It's the one like I don't know what you would call that thing I remember learning in elementary school about writing. They're like, it impacts your writing and makes your writing better when you have an alliteration.
Speaker 2: It just also makes it more fun.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I am feeling sentimental and scared, which is kind of similar to you, because you have like a kind one and a e one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's its own category. Of feelings.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I have one where I think I don't know if I'm willing the contentment in or I actually really feel content. I really do, But I also want to maintain that through the end of the year because I think this is the time of year where things can get a little frazzled and out of control because of so much that happens during the holidays. Okay, like you got cross Like from Thanksgiving to New Year's there's just a lot, and you're trying to tackle a lot on your list. Maybe you're hosting, you've got people over, You're trying to finalize gifts, You're stressed on what to get this final person. You have to wrap everything you know, depending on where you are and the like what stage of life, because your twenties might be a little bit easier. If you're the youngest in the family, it's a little easier. Yeah, like if you're the oldest and you plain everything all the moms, Like, there's just a lot. So I am trying to be You're choosing choosing to be content in each day and look for things that bring me peace and things that I have to be thankful for instead of getting like swept up in and I think too.
Speaker 2: The problem is so many people online want to.
Speaker 3: Talk about the hustle and the bustle and how overwhelming it is, which we're sort of talking about that right now because that's just the truth. But when you think about it and you see it everywhere, then.
Speaker 2: You take it on yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So I want to leave shown that from my algorithm and I just want to be in my own I am content, Like I am content with some gifts that I got. There were some that I was stressing over and then finally I just had a point where I was like, no, this shouldn't be stressful. I think this is a good gift for this person and that is okay, Like I am ordering it and it shall be fine, and if.
Speaker 4: They don't like it, they'll return it and buy something.
Speaker 2: They're like, yes, I'll throw in a closet or they'll regift it, which, hey, the gift that keeps selling gag. Yes, Okay, So why are you scared?
Speaker 4: Okay, because I have a question for you.
Speaker 1: I don't know if I'm scared or I feel scared for people, but I do want to mention my sentimental is actually very close to what you're talking about, because I was feeling like the time's going to rush past me and I'm not gonna enjoy the holiday because I'm stressing about gifts. So I chose to be sentimental. So I started like, I need to watch this Christmas movie and I need to make this Christmas cookie that I make every year, and I need to do so. I was feeling that was helping me stay in it versus worrying about those things. Anyway, we're shunning that. I'm scared for others because I have been watching The Reckoning.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, that is why I'm confused. I did not know that's why you were scared, but my confusion is from the Reckoning. So I'm confused how Diddy went this long without any consequences.
Speaker 1: Because people are scared of him. Okay, yeah, that's valid. I'd like to hear a lot of your thoughts because I've only watched one in three fourths of an episode.
Speaker 4: How many are there?
Speaker 2: There's four? Okay, I think there's four, and I've watched them all.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you have more information. There is a man in this documentary who is fine being out there in this documentary. I will say when I first started watching this, I turned it off because I said, and in my head, I'm like, I'm boycotting Netflix. I can't believe they would do this because it seems at first because they have footage of Sean Combs p Diddy puff that you would think would come from him, like it was like in his hotel room, Like, how would you get this content? I thought he was putting this do documentary now to like clear his name at first.
Speaker 2: Right now?
Speaker 4: So I turned it off.
Speaker 2: Fifty cent is behind.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well then I learned that. I was like, okay, I can watch it now. The man that's in it, it was like one of the it's one of the main guys. It's a documentary. If you haven't watched this yet.
Speaker 2: So you're talking about the co founder of Bad Blood Records, Kirk Burrows.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, Sean Comes. I'm gonna call him by his god given name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like what are we calling him? Because I have thoughts too, So we're just gonna let's just colimb Sean.
Speaker 4: Sean well come, Sean. He doesn't deserve a nickname.
Speaker 1: Okay, he's still alive and he's not even gonna he's in prison now, right, But he's.
Speaker 2: Not gonna be in there for that long, unfortunately, unfortunately.
Speaker 1: So I guess I'm scared because what he has done to so many people, seemingly it's all suspicion, he could do to you too. So this guy that used to be very close to him is right hand man, is now giving all the dirty deats. Why is he not scared of retaliation? I was thinking about you the whole time I was watching. I was like, Amy would never do that, she would take it to the grave because she'd be afraid of retaliation.
Speaker 3: Well, I thought the same thing too, And maybe you just haven't gotten to this part of the show. And I don't want to spoil too much if people haven't watched it. But Sean has an assistant, a former assistant that also comes on and shares, and she was part of the trial and testified and everything, and she this is the first time she's ever spoken out, like when you want to talk about taking things to your grave, I.
Speaker 2: Think that's what she planned on doing. She's like, this is just not what I do.
Speaker 1: Like I don't you know, because she was scared or because she just probably just like the.
Speaker 3: Rules of the game like this, you know, she was just, this is not the business I'm in, Like I was there to do my job, and I did my job. And then later she realized like, oh okay, I need to share my side of the story. And it was interesting because they also interviewed jurors in the show and to see how the jurors were, Like, it blew my mind how they were taking her testimony because I was thinking I believed everything she said, and it's like some people questioned it, which also leads us to the confusion behind why he got off on so much and he's not serving as much time. So the whole thing has just left me perplexed. And I get the whole thing of fear, because yes, retaliation is one of.
Speaker 1: My biggest fears.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I would be very scared, and I have wondered. I wondered the same thing that you're wondering, like does he have access to this documentary? Can he watch it in jail? Will he watch it when he gets out? Are his people going to tell him this is who was in the documentary, this is exactly what they said, this is what they accused you of. And then yeah, now he's gonna retaliate. But I feel like at some point he has to be off of his throne.
Speaker 1: Yeah, whatever throwne.
Speaker 2: Certain people have him on, Like how will he have any power when he gets out?
Speaker 1: I don't know, well who's on his side? Is there anybody on his side still? Like who was supporting him through his trial?
Speaker 3: I mean yeah, people in his family ish. I don't know exactly which family members, but yes, there are people, a lot of fans. They were out at the trial with like signs. I remember seeing it when the trial was going on, like people outside with like a freak doesn't make you guilty, you know, because he's like a sexually a freak.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so I'm gonna ask this. You can use her discretion how much you information she want to give me. Were any of the.
Speaker 4: Jurors like I wish I would have?
Speaker 2: I didn't get that vibe.
Speaker 4: Okay no, oh so they were like, yeah, he's not guilty.
Speaker 2: No, they weren't like that either.
Speaker 3: One girl that they talked to, she's like went in she was like, oh my gosh, I was a huge fan growing up. Another guy that was me and was like I knew nothing about this guy.
Speaker 4: Wait, can you be on the jury.
Speaker 3: I'm not saying sorry, let me rephrase. I'm not saying she was like I was a big fan, but it's like, well Kat saying that she was, but I don't think. I don't know how they could weed through people that didn't listen to that music. I think she clarified by saying I listened to music that he was a part of, but she was like, I wasn't a fan of his music personally, Okay, like she wasn't like because he was an individual artist as well, but I think she was more so a fan of the artists under his label, which I think there is a difference because like I listened to Biggie and I liked when he was on Mace's album, Like in high school, that's one of the albums I remember listening to. And then I love Tupac a different record label. But I learned through this documentary like I missed because so much of the feud was happening all these years, or that's kind of like East Coast West Coast. Like I even have a shirt that has Tupac on one side and Biggie on the other and it says East.
Speaker 2: Coast, West Coast, And where did you get that?
Speaker 3: I don't know I think I ordered it online because my friend maybe bought it for me, and she thought of me because I liked both of them.
Speaker 1: He was just smoking SIGs and wearing your East Coast West coast shit.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was a big fan of both.
Speaker 1: And did you understand the feud back then? Did anybody on the outside?
Speaker 2: I think a little bit we knew.
Speaker 3: I I don't think I knew Diddy's involvement in the feud, And I forgot until I watched the documentary that they were all cordial and friends, like they would hang out. Tupac and Bigie got along just fine until Tupac showed up at Diddy's studios one day to record a song with one of Diddy's artists and end up getting shot five times. Yeah, and they lived and lived, and then two years later he ends up dead.
Speaker 4: So is this why you might not know this either? But so fifty Cent made this documentary? Okay?
Speaker 3: Is this why he I had to research this? What I'm going to say, is this why he doesn't like Diddy?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: And I was gonna say, is this why he always wore a vest? Was that thing?
Speaker 2: Well? Fifty Cent got shot like fifty times or nine.
Speaker 1: Fifty. He lived.
Speaker 2: He got shot, so I think he had his experience with getting shot.
Speaker 1: He shot him. I don't remember because it was a no okay, no, sorry. I don't mean to spread rumors.
Speaker 3: I now some people might be like, what the heck? I don't care about any of this, But if you want a documentary, you will be fascinated.
Speaker 1: Because Diddy is Sean.
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, Sean has such a massive stamp on wrap and even pop culture.
Speaker 1: From Dannity Kin.
Speaker 4: Hello, yes, did they get to that? They talk about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Aubrey O Day is a documentary.
Speaker 4: I love making the band, so did I.
Speaker 3: I remember when Danity Kane came to ninety six seven KISSFM in Austin because you know, I used to work in pop. So they came up to the station and did a meet and greet with our listeners in our radio listening lounge, and my college roommate like called me at the time.
Speaker 2: She was like, is Danity Kane coming up to the station.
Speaker 3: I was like, yeah, She's like I have to come, and so I got her in and then we have our picture with Danity Kan and he was cool.
Speaker 2: It was a big deal. Then Jlo obviously dating her than all of you know his music.
Speaker 4: Like said anything about that?
Speaker 1: I know of it, okay, because she probably had some trauma.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how did she date him?
Speaker 1: But we don't know the insides of her life, so I don't She talks about being from the Bronx alot, so maybe she, like I don't know, from talk about being tough.
Speaker 2: From the block.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what I thought that during the documentary, like how is Jlo even? I just have her in a different category and I don't know her, so I don't know why I have her in that category.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, how was she attracted to him?
Speaker 3: And was he Maybe he had different sides of himself that would show up for different people, even sexually.
Speaker 4: They fully were in a relationship.
Speaker 2: Yeah for years, sure, but you can still have different versions of you, right, I'm not just psyching from experience, but I would think a person like him can be a chameleon and show up for like how he was with Cassie, how he was with Kim Porter, how he you know.
Speaker 4: Like Cassie.
Speaker 1: I also loved her And do you know where I first found her? Discovered in the club young really? Yeah, I first discussed her because she was a model for the DLIAZ catalog.
Speaker 4: Did you have a shop at diliaz?
Speaker 1: I bet you know. Deliaz was my favorite place to shop, and she was their main model. And then all of a sudden she was singing me and.
Speaker 3: You I've just been late and so long as yeah anyway, So I did a little research of my own because I didn't know what fifty cents a deal was with this whole thing. So fifty Cent says he made the Netflix doc Shawan Comb's The Reckoning to give victims a voice and to call out abuse in the hip hop industry. He says it's feud with Diddy just made him less afraid to do it, but Cassie's lawsuit and the serious allegations were the real push. He felt no one else would speak up, so he used his platform to expose behavior he believes the industry shouldn't ignore. And his issues with did He go back years, starting with him accusing Diddy of being tied to Biggie's death in a two thousand and six disk track. From there, it turned into business tension, creative clashes, and fifty Cent saying that Diddy treated artists unfairly, which he did.
Speaker 4: Was he ever on fifty cent ever on what record label?
Speaker 1: Was he not bad Boy? I don't And can I have another question, how old is fifty cent? Are they the same age? Because to me, fifty Cents was a lot younger than Sean really in my head, because I remember fifty set was really cool when I was in high school, and I feel like Sean was.
Speaker 4: When I was like in middle school.
Speaker 3: Which is I guess they popped off because I feel like I picture them being the same. I remember like Diddy stuff and then Lunchbox on the show when we worked in Pop. He flew to Vegas and got to hang out with fifty Cent, and he went in with like all these chains, yeah, like trying to act all like hardcore, like the skinny white boy.
Speaker 1: Walking and he was like yeah, yeah, so okay, so same age.
Speaker 3: Anyway, fifty Cent said that Diddy's behavior made him uncomfortable, and all of that eventually fed into fifty Cent producing the documentary and he just has not liked him for a long time.
Speaker 4: So here's the problem that I'm having right now.
Speaker 2: So he must not be scared of retaliation.
Speaker 4: I don't think fifty cents scared of anybody. Probably rightfully.
Speaker 1: So here's my problem I'm having right now, which I need to like center this because I hear that, and I'm like, fifty cent is such a good guy. He must be such a good guy, Like good for him. But I'm not doing any critical thinking there, like I'm sure that well I shouldn't say that either, Like I don't know, Like, but because he'd made this to then give victims a voice, which is I think, all great, Like I'm glad that he made this documentary, but it's also very biased. So how am I going to take in this documentary through an unbiased lens?
Speaker 4: That makes sense?
Speaker 1: Like all the people in that documentary obviously hate Sean Combs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think this is one of those things where there's smoke, there's fire.
Speaker 4: I do think he's a bad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess I'm thinking, like, when only one side is telling their story, it's like, well, the other side, the side that's telling their story, probably did some messed up things too. Oh does that make sense I'm saying. I feel like now I'm like fifty cent is a saint, and like, Okay, I should not go that far.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think we need to because you have no idea.
Speaker 3: But I think of you brought up the Kirk guy, Yeah, the co founder of bad Boy Records. I think of things that Sean asked him to do, and he is now telling us his version, which is that is wrong. I'm not going to do that, which led to him getting fired. Now are there things over the years we have no idea what Kirk did?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I mean he was in partnership with this guy, like who knows what we're getting a little bit, a little bit of the story that doesn't And.
Speaker 4: There was a puppet master and they were all like his Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, I just don't I think, yes, we're hearing those sides. But who knows how innocent certain people are in all of this.
Speaker 4: But we can agree that this person was bad and this over here is like not that ye, Like.
Speaker 3: Who knows what thinks sort of things fifty cent has done? I don't know because people haven't come up with that documentary yet.
Speaker 4: Here's a question, Nelly, what about him?
Speaker 1: Nelly? What about him?
Speaker 2: What about Nelly?
Speaker 1: I think of like Nelly, seems like he's married to a shanty now, right, did they just.
Speaker 5: Have a baby?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But I think he's from Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Okay, That's what's my question is like these are are they like on different record labels, so like they're not in this drama. But because I think of Nelly around the same time I think of fifty cent Okay.
Speaker 3: So here's the easy way to do this, Okay, Like that would be like we live in Nashville, so we have all of these country artists, right, There's all multiple labels here that people are part of, so like there's not just like just because there's a country artist feud maybe doesn't mean that like every artist stupid.
Speaker 1: I just like, where was Nelly in all of this drama? He was in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: I mean because they go over all the artists that were on there was East Coast, West Coast, so like Snoop dog was with two doctors and then I don't even remember all the ones on Yeah Sean's.
Speaker 4: But Snoop Dogg doesn't make an appearance, does he?
Speaker 1: So death Row?
Speaker 2: No, Snoop Dogg is not in the documentary, but I mean he is by proxy, yes, because he was part of the Throw Records and Lazy Yeah, death Row and then bad Boy, Yeah you are a bad Boy? Was that like foreshadowing.
Speaker 1: One of those bad boy like it's cool to bad bad You know what makes me think of I don't know if it was a vine or like a reel or whatever of that little kid that's like, I like to do bad things with my friends.
Speaker 4: It's cool to do bad things.
Speaker 1: You know I'm talking about anyway now, I'm talking about like, look at you like to do It's cool to do bad things. He took his grandma's car out and drove it around the neighborhood.
Speaker 2: He was like six, Oh, well, that part I think I remember.
Speaker 4: He was it's cool to do bad things. I like to do bad things with my friends. That is bad.
Speaker 3: I mean, it definitely took me on a journey, like I was googling stuff, like trying to figure out like, oh, okay, the order of events, like Tupac got shot, he survived, then he gets shot again in Vegas where Sugar Night.
Speaker 1: Speaking of I've never heard of that man before. Did you know who that was before?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Oh you did, Yeah, well I've heard of him. I had never heard of him because he was not he never had music.
Speaker 2: He was just the man in charge record label. I think CEO or president or one.
Speaker 1: This is kind of what I was saying with like the fifty cent thing, this might be a better example. I watched that documentary and in my head, Suge Knight is such a good guy. Now hear me what I've said. I I've watched one and a half of them, but I'm like, oh, he's the good guy because it feels so binary to me, of like these are the good guys and these are the bad guys. But it sounds like there was lots of not great things going on. We're just getting one part of the not great things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there was gang affiliations with all of these people. So I don't know that I classify anybody that can call up a blood or a crip as.
Speaker 4: Like a good guy.
Speaker 1: I feel like Snoop Dogg's really yeah yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he he has a cookbook. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Marcus Marker Martin Stewart also questions, well, she went to jail, yeah, and her documentary. You watched that, right, Yes, her documentary. I was like, how did you approve that to get Well, maybe she didn't. That did not paint her in a good light whatsoever.
Speaker 3: Okay, So I just googled generically, is sug Night a good guy?
Speaker 4: Where is he a bad boy?
Speaker 3: So it says allegations mounted that Night, beyond employing gang members, often used intimidation and violence in his business dealings. From the late nineteen nineties to early two thousands, Night spent a few years incarcerated for assault convictions and associated violations of probation and parole. So I don't know, like compared to maybe things did he was doing?
Speaker 2: Sure, is there a scale?
Speaker 1: Yeah, like from the spectrum, right, So Shug's here, Shawn's down over here for what we know, for what we know, Like this is stuff that we know. That's what we know. Well, okay, Also, anybody listen. I mean, I have no idea what I'm talking about.
Speaker 2: That is clear because you're like, wait a second.
Speaker 1: Where's Nelly?
Speaker 2: There's other rappers.
Speaker 1: We're leading people out.
Speaker 3: So Jlo and Sean were together roughly two years on and off again, that is so not so. And Diddy is five years older than fifty cent by the way, since you were asking his age, and then Nellie was primarily signed to Universal Records.
Speaker 4: It sounds more wholesome and yeah.
Speaker 2: That's more Universal, just kidding.
Speaker 4: So his son, do you know? Is his son? In this documentary? Or his son like pro him Sean Sean son.
Speaker 3: Okay, So there are other like, uh, he's in the hotel room when he's this is like six days before his arrest, and it's the footage that's him leading up to his arrest, you know, the footage that I don't know how they got that, by the.
Speaker 2: Way, the footage you were confused about.
Speaker 4: Oh, yes, when they're in the hotel room, he's talking.
Speaker 3: To his lawyer, yeah, or he's talking to everybody. He'll be on the phone like he'll head. He keeps saying over and over, he's like, God told me to do nothing, so y'all need to do it. Like, y'all got to figure out how we're going to solve this because God has told me to do nothing.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, why does he keep saying that.
Speaker 4: God is telling you to do to stop doing bad things?
Speaker 2: Right? Is that?
Speaker 4: Like the talk about manipulative avoiding.
Speaker 3: And victim mode of like I I can't do this is not my problem. This is now y'all have to figure it out because God told me to just do nothing. And he's on the phone and he keeps saying that, and anyway, there's people in his hotel room and their last name was Combs, and he was like, justin or so, who is that?
Speaker 1: Is that his son? Okay?
Speaker 2: It is his son?
Speaker 3: Because yeah, I tried to google the children and then I couldn't remember the name from the documentary and then the old the children that he has because.
Speaker 1: There's lots and where I am he only has one son, Okay, well he has lots.
Speaker 3: Like I don't know, six or seven kids and from maybe four different baby mamas, and my level of I really care about this died, so like in the middle of my googling, Like I was like, should I go back to the documentary and figure out what name was on the screen and who was in the hotel room and cross reference it with all the children? And then I just really didn't care. But I didn't know if it was like a cousin or some other sibling with the same last name. But he did have people, He has people, you know, hanging out with him. And then he was arrested. Did he invite his son to the I don't even want to say it, the parties? Well, I remember when he was first being accused of a lot of this, and he was facetiming his family like saying we're going to figure this out. And they were publicizing this stuff on social media because to look, they thought it would be a good look of like, yeah, get on FaceTime with your family and tell them it's all going to be all right. I'm paraphrasing, but it was like, you know this, we're going to get this worked out, which I'm sure he really and he sort of did in a way like it's not as bad as it should have been on him. Right, I have one last important question, and I don't know if I have the answer.
Speaker 4: Probably well, no, this is more personal. This isn't even really a question.
Speaker 1: This is just a thought.
Speaker 4: Who was his attorney? And how do you agree to be his attorney?
Speaker 3: Okay, so because he has so much money, I'm pretty sure he hired like eight powerful attorneys.
Speaker 2: I guess like, yes, there are eight dirty attorneys.
Speaker 1: Yes, like you can.
Speaker 3: Find people as long I would say, yes, like we have certain levels of integrity.
Speaker 2: Maybe they were presented with.
Speaker 3: Facts where they felt like he's being treated unfairly and we want to prove that.
Speaker 2: Maybe they really feel like he didn't do X y Z.
Speaker 1: Even though there's if you're an answer, this isn't a you might not know the answer this, but I do want to raise this question. If you're an attorney, do you have to believe your client or can you know that your client did something bad and still it up for them.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's attorney client privileges, right, So.
Speaker 1: Like, let's say I murdered somebody and I hired you as my attorney. When I hired you, I said I didn't do it, but then I hired you and I was like, just so you know I did it. Can you still defend me? Or is that against the law because you know I did it and you have an admission.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's crazy, right because I guess that you need to get a lawyer on the line.
Speaker 1: Seriously, if you're a lawyer, let us know. I guess I could google this, But that is the same kind of this is he didn't well, I guess he may have murdered people. But the same thing, if you have all this evidence that points that your client was guilty, how do you you still have to defend them?
Speaker 3: So everybody has the right to an attorney. I see that on TV when people are getting arrested.
Speaker 2: Oh, like you have a right to the attorney in the court of law.
Speaker 1: Thank you for that.
Speaker 3: And so that's why you can get a court appointed attorney to represent you. And so someone may have to represent the guilty person, like, there's always going to be a person up there that has.
Speaker 1: To do their job.
Speaker 3: However, I'm thinking, if I'm an attorney and I start representing someone and they tell me they're innocent and I truly believe them, and then along the way I find out they're guilty, I think I have to fire them as a client.
Speaker 1: Right, that's my point. But like you, I guess that's integrity.
Speaker 3: Okay, I have updates from Shannon on this. Yes, an attorney can and must defend a guilty person because their ethical duty is to ensure that the state proves its case beyond a reasonable doubts.
Speaker 1: Oh so there, Okay, uphold.
Speaker 3: The client's constitutional rights and ensure a fair trial. Regardless of the lawyer's personal belief in the client's guilts. The lawyer's role isn't to judge factual guilt, but to challenge the prosecution's evidence, check police procedures, and secure the best legal outcome, whether that's dismissal, reduce charges.
Speaker 2: Or a fair sentence. Okay, this is why I was not going to be a lawyer. Just now we know. I mean, I probably wouldn't have passed the bar.
Speaker 1: But this is also that makes it a little bit different that like, if I am Sean's attorney, I'm not trying to prove his innocence. I'm just trying to make sure that the state is doing their fair job of proving that this happened. I still wouldn't do it, just so everybody now.
Speaker 3: However, the vibe I got from his attorneys that were backing him is they were doing whatever they could do to get him the lightest sentence possible, and they were proud of their work. Like they didn't seem like like, oh, we don't want to be here. No, he retained them, you know, it's not like he didn't get a court appointed at all the time.
Speaker 4: They got job security after that.
Speaker 1: Don't think with him for life for any Yes, because I for sure I didn't pay a lot of attention to this because I was like, for sure, he's going to jail forever. Surely he is, and then he didn't. So I feel like if I'm in a pickle and I have the money and I did something similar. I'm calling those eight attorneys because if they can do it for him, they could do it for me, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And to clarify his children, he has seven, four different just I'm giving you the exact I wonder how the children are seven children, four different mothers. One of the babies I know was born in like twenty twenty two, so like recent ish. I didn't plan on talking about this this long, So sorry if nobody cares about it, but I think it's interesting, interesting, and you should watch the documentary if you haven't yet. I mean talk about conversation.
Speaker 3: Starters at a dinner holiday party, like if you're at Christmas party or New Year's parties, like watch this and then like pull the room.
Speaker 1: You're literally at Christmas dinner and one of your uncles like starts bringing up politics, and you're like, well, actually have something better to talk about it. Let's do you think that Sean Comb's got a fair sentence? Also maybe testing to talk about a dinner because what if somebody says, yes, okay, yeah, check his like well have you watched the Reckoning?
Speaker 2: Like check his history?
Speaker 3: Like anybody that is thinking that that, I don't know, Like we need to had you husband's had your kids from that person.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, last thing that I'll drop it. Okay, I promise he got fifty months?
Speaker 5: What is that?
Speaker 2: Four years? There's twelve in one year? Twelve time?
Speaker 3: Or who's twenty four, thirty six, forty eight? Like four years and some change? So by change, I mean two months.
Speaker 1: He's already been in jail for a while. Prison, he's getting out soon? What's his soon?
Speaker 2: He's not getting out soon?
Speaker 1: Well, four years is not that long.
Speaker 2: I hope that somebody doesn't real bad to him in jail.
Speaker 4: Not like you better be careful what you said.
Speaker 1: He's not going to hear me say that we are going viral on TikTok and Instagram reels. Okay, well I would be careful.
Speaker 3: Don't put this part up there, okay. And I don't think any of our listeners are gonna sell me out. But you know, like I wonder if what he's what his life is like in prison, if he's getting great treatment, or if he's holding someone's pocket.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, holding somebody's pocket?
Speaker 4: Yeah, do I have to look that up?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: I think it's a way of like you know, you're somebody's boy. Oh so if he's the boy, yeah, he holds the pocket, he's not in charge.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, got it right?
Speaker 1: Like cool? You know lingo? I think you remember that?
Speaker 2: No? I remember that song from prison Break?
Speaker 4: Oh I didn't watch that.
Speaker 3: You don't watch prison Break with Wentworth Miller where he tattooed his escape plan on his body?
Speaker 4: No, that's crazy. But I did watch Orange is the New Black?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Very different? Yeah, very okay.
Speaker 4: So do we think he's going to go into hiding? Is my question?
Speaker 1: He has he cannot live in the United States. There's no life for him here.
Speaker 2: Who knows? Who knows? I don't know what he thinks. He thinks.
Speaker 3: He's like he compares himself to the Son of God. I believe in the documentary and I'm paraphrasing, he said something along those lines of like what else do we can compare me to?
Speaker 1: Like stop? No, he sounds like a version of Kanye West. What record label was Kanye West on? He wasn't in any of this.
Speaker 2: I think he was a did he supporter that tracks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: So in prison slang, holding someone's pocket means controlling, influencing, or protecting a weaker inmates. Oh, I was thinking it something dirt, like a little bee or a punk. Well, I think dirty things happen to the little bee.
Speaker 5: Oh.
Speaker 2: He provides favors or services in exchange for safety, got it? And status?
Speaker 3: You know certain acts also potentially being away for guards to manage inmates, or a tactic to keep someone indebted and under control. But unfortunately he's such a master manipulator. Like who knows?
Speaker 4: And do the people in prison have access to understand what.
Speaker 1: This is true?
Speaker 2: Yes? They do. Yeah, like people, I'm.
Speaker 1: Just thinking, like they can't watch the documentary so they can't like know the truth. But like I think they talk to people. I'm going to stop talking now.
Speaker 2: I wish we could know. I wish we could talk. Where is he because like we need to know, like, do you all have access to Netflix? Has he seen the reckoning? Yeah? Is he coming up with a plan to retell you in fifty cent.
Speaker 1: Imagine you're in prison and in walks shot combs. Okay, So rumor is per Cryocat that put this on ABC.
Speaker 4: Amy's not buying this?
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know. I'm not saying I'm not buying it.
Speaker 1: Because they can only watch ABC in prison. I wonder why they can only watch.
Speaker 2: It, But I feel like, who, I don't know, maybe they have some deal, but I feel like people.
Speaker 1: Because he has Yeah, I feel like they they acquired the.
Speaker 3: P they have computers, they keysterin phones, they you know or you know, they have relationships with guards and they get like, I'm sure they can stream. I'm sure they're streaming some Christmas movies up in there all day harmony. Kanye West was not signed to a major record label as Recording our Artist during the period of the Tupac Biggie stuff. During that era, Kanye was primarily work as an aspiring producer for local artists in Chicago. But I do know at one of the award shows, Sean was receiving a Lifetime Achievement award at some point, and Kanye was one of the people that announced him to come on stage, giving him promise. But I think he had his face covered with like a T shirt, you know, speaking yes, because he was all weird, like he's speaking through like a shirt.
Speaker 2: Like all you could see was like a nose and a mouth moving in the world.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which, don't even get me started on the Kardashians seven. Watching that too, and I've thoughts, but I think we've done too much with I have to stop talking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we can do something helpful for people if they are looking for small talk situations at Christmas parties or things that are coming up, and this is just a technique you can keep in your back pock.
Speaker 2: I've seen multiple people talk about it. This is probably because it's that time of year.
Speaker 3: But I googled it and I couldn't find exactly where it originated from because so many different people spoke about it. But it's called the Forge method Forge forge F O rge forge, which Shannon, maybe you can find if you know. I want to credit the right people, but I just feel like it was like a thing that has been floating out there. It's an acronym to keep conversations flowing by focusing on safe universal topics. So if you don't want to get into politics or Sean Combs, you can start with F, which is the beginning of forge. So what you do, Kat is like you're like, Okay, I'm talking to this new person. I'm horrible at small talk.
Speaker 4: What do I do?
Speaker 2: Oh? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Forge F is for family. I'm gonna ask them, So do you have family here, how many siblings do you have? Like any family specific type questions? Okay, that can be your go to. So what's a crazy family tradition that you guys have? So that's f Oh what do you think O stands for?
Speaker 4: Have you been outside lately? It's a good question.
Speaker 1: Occupation.
Speaker 3: So then you could ask questions like, you know, like obviously, what do you do for a living, or what's your dream job like or if you could do anything in the world, or if money didn't matter, what would you do? Or yeah, volunteer work, stuff that falls under occupation.
Speaker 4: I know there are what is it? Is it recreation?
Speaker 1: It is? What do you like to do for fun?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Okay, you're catching on. Ask things like what do you like to do for fun? Got any hobbies that you're really into? And this part of the conversation is crucial because it's all about what makes them tick when they're off the clock, because like family stuff might be a little sensitive at times. Who wants to talk about work?
Speaker 2: Recreation can be a fun one because you're like exploring other sides of them.
Speaker 4: Have you gone on any cool vacations this year?
Speaker 2: Like what's the best vacation, what's the Oh that's that's not under our, that's under G.
Speaker 1: Forge.
Speaker 2: G is geography.
Speaker 3: I'm not gotten there ask things like have you traveled anywhere interesting lately? Or is there a place you'd like to visit someday?
Speaker 5: Okay, so don't ask that unless you're in the G category. Well this is so I'm just kidding. Well, to be clear, just so people know how to use it. It's just an acronym to keep in your back pocket. Like, you don't have to go in any particular order, but it's just something to pull from when you're sitting there talking to someone and you're feeling stuck or desperate, or like, oh how do I get through this?
Speaker 2: Or I'm so awkward? Then just forge it up?
Speaker 4: Forge it up?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 4: Is there an E on the end of forge?
Speaker 2: There is?
Speaker 4: Can I guess what it is?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 1: I have two guesses, entertainment or extracurricular activities.
Speaker 3: It's under experience. You can ask things like what's a cool experience you've had? Or have you learned anything important lately or life changing? There's like any experiences they might have done, any experiential therapy?
Speaker 1: Why yes, I have I like that because I yeah, I hate small talk. And that gives you like a quick reminder of there's easy things you can just ask about. Generally, when you ask people questions, they want to give you, they want to talk about that.
Speaker 4: Kind of stuff. Yeah, fun things.
Speaker 2: It just gives you a guide, yeah, like where to go with the small talk because it can be hard when.
Speaker 1: You think about Christmas and gift giving. Is there a gift that sticks out that was like a really weird gift that you got?
Speaker 4: Ever?
Speaker 1: And if you don't want to say because you don't want hurt some of these feelings, that's fine.
Speaker 4: But have you ever gotten like a I.
Speaker 2: Mean, it was for my birthday, but it wasn't for Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh that's okay.
Speaker 2: Oh if it's the category. Yeah, well the time I think I told you this before, and I have the picture of my atticts off to show you one day.
Speaker 3: But the time that my husband when I was turning thirty, so is my ex husband now, But it was my thirtieth birthday and he gotthered all my friends at a local art gallery. We lived in downtown Southern Pines, North Carolina. There's this cute little art gallery and he had champagne there and cake and all my friends and then a canvas that was stenciled by an artist that worked at the gallery, and I was like, Oh, we're going to do like a paint by numbers, but not me.
Speaker 2: My friends were going to paint it. My friends were going to paint me a painting of me.
Speaker 1: I wish we had that painting down here. I know you still have it. It has Andy Warhol vibes, like the colors, yeah, like.
Speaker 2: It was supposed to. And then all my friends signed the back.
Speaker 3: But I was like Ben and he said, look, look look this just so you know, this wasn't my idea, Like I wanted to do this, and I thought we would just do a painting of something like scenery.
Speaker 2: A tree, maybe our dog. That would have been cute.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And the person that worked at the gallery was like, oh my gosh, what if we do her? Like I would love to have a picture of me. And I think this person like literally had a picture of themselves hanging in their house, which some people do have portraits like that.
Speaker 1: That is great.
Speaker 2: This is not me.
Speaker 3: In fact, I mean Shannon should just go maybe Shannon, do you It's in the attic.
Speaker 1: You'll see it.
Speaker 2: You'll see it.
Speaker 3: Look to the left, like right after out of Stashira's closet, look to the left, it's bright colors.
Speaker 4: It's you can miss it.
Speaker 2: You can't miss it.
Speaker 1: It's me.
Speaker 4: Did you act like you were excited?
Speaker 2: I mean, what else was I supposed to act like?
Speaker 1: I don't know that.
Speaker 2: I I think I acted just normal. I did not express my.
Speaker 1: Friends so cool.
Speaker 2: They probably thought it was weird too, like I would be like.
Speaker 3: Oh, we're painting you.
Speaker 2: I mean, I don't know. They were really sweet.
Speaker 3: That was an awkward thing. And then he and then he he sort of was sad that I didn't hang it up.
Speaker 4: Where was it gonna go?
Speaker 1: I do not know, because it did not.
Speaker 3: Go in our house, But like it also didn't turn out exactly like what I think he thought either, like nobody, I don't even know if.
Speaker 1: We finished it. Okay, don't show hair bread to me.
Speaker 2: I'll show it.
Speaker 1: It's so big.
Speaker 2: My friends signed the bag.
Speaker 1: That is so scary. Why is your hair like leopard? Because it was like I told you, like and I think that's the vibe. Did the teacher say like, hey, you go put this color here? Because I did some nice shade.
Speaker 3: It was like sketched with like there was pencil and then I guess then there was paint laying out and everybody got to fill it in. Okay, I don't know if there was paint by numbers. I don't remember if it was like, you know, three, four or five, and then the paint was labeled and then everybody did it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. This is not what I thought you were going to say when I asked this question. And also I'm just imagining. I think you should prank somebody that has not been to your house yet and hang it up because if I would have come to your house for the first time and I saw that, I'd be like I would first of all, I would probably compliment it because that would feel so awkward, like I love that painting that you commission it, Like I need somebody to say, technically.
Speaker 2: It was commissioned.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, he paid her to host this party for us, and then my friends paint by numbered it. So the whole experience was my gift, which the experience was fun in itself, but this is what I walked away with.
Speaker 4: And you'll never forget.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have to invite something, well, you have to invite somebody over or just like put it up.
Speaker 4: Does Alex know about this?
Speaker 1: I don't think so, just hanging up one day and Alex comes over and be like, oh gosh, I found this painting.
Speaker 4: I think it looks so cute right here, And see what he says. That's how you know if he's gonna be honest with.
Speaker 3: You or not, he's gonna know I'm not serious this. There's nothing about this my like aesthetic anywhere. I can't think of anywhere in my house that that would go. Maybe the game room, but you maybe, yeah, that's where it's been. For gosh, that was fourteen years ago. And and and honestly, I felt so bad because Ben was like, you don't like the picture because.
Speaker 1: No, first of all, i'd.
Speaker 3: He took it personally, I think, you know, I think he was in it, like emotionally he was in it because he had planned this whole thing. And then it sort of went because it was a really sweet, very sweet idea. I just wish we would have done my dog, because like, how cute If we did Joe see my cute little Rottweiler and walked away with like, yeah, it be so something.
Speaker 2: It's still a brilliant idea.
Speaker 3: In fact, if anybody wants to take that idea and take it as your own for someone that you love, Like I think it's great, just don't do the person because then that makes it awkward because people are there celebrating you, painting you, and then this is what we end up with, Like the whole.
Speaker 1: Thing is just weird.
Speaker 3: But I think Ben was so emotionally involved in like the whole set, like he almost took that I didn't like the painting.
Speaker 2: Is that I didn't like the whole event? Yeah, and this caused issues. Well, okay, I was gonna say the fact that it was in the attic for years, like.
Speaker 4: Where was it in your last house?
Speaker 2: Attic looked in the attic, But I do time moved with it. I've hold on to it because I mean, with a.
Speaker 1: Memory, you can't get rid of that ever, Because what if somebody asked you this question again? Right?
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, oh man, so have you gotten a gift that you hate?
Speaker 1: It's not that I hated it. I got a weird gift. It is gonna be nothing compared to this story. So just bear in mind. I wasn't expecting this. I just was thinking about it with all of the you know, Diddy stuff. One year for Christmas, I asked my parents for the R.
Speaker 4: Kelly CD.
Speaker 1: Because I believe I can fly, I believe I can touch.
Speaker 4: I love that song.
Speaker 1: It was my childhood song that I thought I actually could sing well. Favorite song, So I asked for the R. Kelly CD and my parents bought it for me. I don't know why, because one of the songs I was probably eleven mind you, I don't even think I believe I can if I was on the CD.
Speaker 4: But what was on the CD was the greatest sex.
Speaker 2: And like they didn't look at the titles of the songs.
Speaker 1: Sure, but like maybe I think I would have yeah, Like they didn't. They didn't flip the CD over. So it just was like a weird gift to get from my parents because also they weren't strict, but they weren't like they weren't like buying me rap CDs.
Speaker 4: So it's just a weird gift to get.
Speaker 3: Anytime I think of that song, I think of my ninth grade typing class because I had to take did you have to take a typing class in high school where you just sit there and you'd go, hey, hey A B.
Speaker 2: I mean you just sit there and learn how to take.
Speaker 4: You have the thing over the thing so you couldn't see the keys.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just remember sitting in typing class and my friends and I had that song was prob of the time, and we would sing.
Speaker 2: To leave I can type, press the keys and type away and we would type to that.
Speaker 4: What's sad is we have to that song could no longer be No, he's.
Speaker 2: Bad bad I'm gonna talk about a bad boy.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I wonder what's what record company he was on?
Speaker 2: Good question.
Speaker 4: I guess we'll ever know.
Speaker 1: We could google it.
Speaker 2: We can google it, Okay, Well, so there you have it. I think the big takeaways from today are forge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you can take away, small talk.
Speaker 3: Keep forge, your rapocket pocket, family, occupation, recreation, recreation, geography, experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah we're not. Oh, I didn't know if you're doing a wrap.
Speaker 2: No, but tupac dear mama is one of my specialties.
Speaker 4: Would you like to edit?
Speaker 3: When I was young, me and my mama had beef seventeen years old, kicked down on the streets back.
Speaker 2: In the time. I never thought of tuday. Ain't a woman alive that could take Mama's place. You sett in it from school, scared to go home. I was a fool with the big boys, breaking.
Speaker 1: All the rules.
Speaker 4: See, and he was so nice.
Speaker 2: I don't know, it's not no, he's saying, dear mama, like and even though you're a crack queen Mama.
Speaker 4: Oh, I don't know.
Speaker 1: He said that crackphene or something.
Speaker 2: You always was a black queen mama.
Speaker 4: What's kind of sweet?
Speaker 3: Now he's talking about how like in wod Thinking elementary. Hey, I see the penitentiary one day running from the police. That's right, Okay, catch a whooping or mama, catchy, put a whooping to my backside.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: It's kind of compared to some things you hear. Now, that's a little bit cleaner, wouldn't you say? It's a left note to his mom?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, they laid it, don't you know? I love you sweet laid?
Speaker 1: Is that part of the same song? Uh huh Oh, that sounds a little nicer than some of the things I hear now. I'm not saying it's oh yeah, I see.
Speaker 2: I mean Tupac was lyrically pretty brilliant if you ask me. And I think Tupac and Biggie.
Speaker 3: Both people argue Biggie more so their music can still survive today, Like it doesn't sound like if you if if Biggie's song music come out today, it was just the sound of it.
Speaker 2: It still sound like it fits.
Speaker 1: Right in that song that you just sang, that's your Mama is different.
Speaker 2: And I said Biggie specifically, and that was Tupac.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know, Biggie, I think I was in elementary school or something.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you just hitting a Tasby.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, that that would be cool. I ask to that.
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, with a little different behind the scenes music.
Speaker 2: White Girls Dissect Pip Hof.
Speaker 4: Okay, I nobody listened to any of that.
Speaker 3: So yeah, you can take away the Forge and you know that you need to watch the documentary. Yeah, and next week, since we didn't get to it, we have got to talk about what items in your house you need to fire because I think this is such a great way. This is coming from a Harvard professor, And we'll talk about it next Tuesday, like get rid of before the new year. Yeah, it's like every time you buy an item, think of it this way. When you buy an item, you're hiring it. To do a job, and then what happens at the end of the year or beginning of the year, like you take you do a review, like at work you do an end of year review or a start of the year review, like reflecting on the work that this person or thing has done. And so if you look at items that way, because sometimes we hold on to so much stuff. So we're going to dive into that and it's gonna help us start twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Six strong and fresh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, by firing a bunch of stuff at our house.
Speaker 1: Ready, Yeah, Okay, don't fire that picture.
Speaker 3: Well it's going to be it's not fired, but it's not working. It's it's retired, yes, yes, retired. So if you fire it, it's gone. If you retire it, it stays in the attic, yeah, or the basement or whatever.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So we'll come up with the whole thing and that maybe next Tuesday we can focus on like that'll be our theme.
Speaker 1: H Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: Yay. All right, So most importantly, half the day you need to have bye bye