Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Bros MLB. This is Leading Off Live, brought to you by Bet three six five at five bucks. Get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading Off. And is me Joey p. That of course is the Welsh and we've got trade winds a blow in. We spoke about it last week Welsh. He said, look, the Mariners got to be first to the market before the big boys enter the dance, and sure enough they were. We had a no hitter yesterday. But I want to start with the Mariners making a move desperate to get some help with the offense. Well, I know if it's too little, too late, but Randy a Rose Arena officially now a member of the Mariner So the Rays making some room. That's a good thing I think for the Rays and their lineups. But a Rose Arena is now going to the Seattle side of things, to the West coast, and I think it's a great move for the Mariners. I hope it's a player that they plan to keep around for a while, because can't just be you know, Rosarina next year too, or is he a free agent?
Speaker 2: The no I believe he's got one or two more years under him, So that's why a very good move. Then, yeah, some of the things in this were maybe a little bit of a question. I don't know the trade side, like I want to even hold back. Everyone's so bitchy about like, oh we trade to this guy, you're trade to that guy. And the cost and the dah da da da.
Speaker 1: Dall Aidan Smith and Brody Hopkins, those are the two pieces they went.
Speaker 2: I feel that that was kind of light in a Randia Rosen rain of trade. I believe he's at least signed through next year. I'm not sure. I don't think it's anything beyond that. Aiden Smith has played really well this year. Hopkins gets some really good grades. He wasn't on like the big, big radar for everybody, even in the Mariners organization, but we know they really like them. There's already been some breakdowns, really good fastball. Shape has this really good sweeper. So it's like a classic raised type of a trade.
Speaker 1: Two years so, I mean, twenty five, twenty six, still.
Speaker 2: See that, That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: That's actually even Many's thirty. He's gonna be thirty next year. Year thirty one the year after. That's fantastic.
Speaker 2: I thought that they were going to be including one of the upper prospects in a type peat. Now there is a player to be named later and that could be a bigger piece here, of course. But you know, Aids bit this fine. Hopkins has been fine. But they didn't trade a TYPEE. They didn't trade a Colt Emerson. They weren't going to trade on the tippy tippy top. But like Typete was the guy that I thought they would do. And Randy's been struggling this year, hitting only two eleven, but he's been hitting over two seventy the last two months combined two ninety one in June, two seventy five so far in July seven homers. Seven of his fifteen have come in these last two months, you know, month and a half or whatever it is. And we're starting to see kind of the kickback. We're starting to see him, you know, bring back the game that we've known from Randa Rose Raina. His barrel percentage is moving up career high launch angle, and I think that's also been part of the pressing, is him getting the ball in the air. But now, like you said, like too little, too late. I don't know. This is great lineup protection for the future. It is a great stop gap piece while they're trying to get Julio back so they can get this offense kind of revved up. But the thing, Joe, that I'm not even like surprised about, because it's so much more difficult to do than just to say, I really thought they would try to get eastoc Parade's package in this deal as well, just do a big, mega trade and really overhaul that offense. They got one piece. I think this is great and Toss.
Speaker 1: I mean that's possible. Maybe this is just, you know, one of many, because we know Julio is going to be out for a while with that high ankle. It's going to be a few weeks for sure. But I think it's a great move. Rozori is a great player. He's an All Star caliber player, and now you've got a core of an offense. Now you can go out on the free agency and get some more pieces, and you still have this tremendous pitching staff that's going to be intact for another year next year. So this is a good move for now, a good move for the next two years. I absolutely love it. Also, as we said, Dylan Ceese made history a no hitter Thursday against the Nats. He was touching one hundred in the final ending amazing step one hundred and fourteen pitches. He looked absolute spectacular. Uh, and it was great. It's been a great season for Dylan Ceas three five zero ERA one hundred and sixty eight strike outs. He's gonna have the Dodgers next week at home, so congratulations to him. But this wasn't the only news yesterday too. A lot of stuff coming in the mall.
Speaker 2: Hold on before we move on, because I didn't want to like move right past the seas thing. I just want to mention two things on his actual stuff. Thirty three percent whiff right, fifty five swings through one hundred and fourteen pitches, eighteen swing and whiffs ridiculous, csw was good, Vlo slider and fastball were up in this start like over like a mile and a half over across the board and this Unfortunately, there's always been some inconsistencies with Dylan Cees, like people complain about like oh, there's you know, four run outing, but like this is also who he is. It's very like the Taj Bradley types. You know, Cease is actually the pinnacle of it. He's the core player. Tadj Bradley is more likely Dylan Ceaese type. But this is what you get sometimes from these guys. But a fun fact was Luisa Rise was the player that broke up his no hitter. Whatever it was a couple of years ago with the White Sox, maybe it was like a year ago or two. Luis Rise was the player that got the final out for them and handed him the ball from the no hitter. I saw them talking about that. I thought that was like a really cool, like weird, you know, just weird thing that ended up happening, that had broken up. Yeah, very baseball thing to happen, exactly.
Speaker 1: That's the way those things go. But I wish I had shares of Dylan Cease. It was a good trade when the Padres made it. Padre is still kicking around. You know, they're not dead yet, for sure, the Marlins, they're dead. They traded Aj Puck to your Diamondbacks, so a little bit of help there in the bullpen for the d Backs. They traded Davison, Dela Santos, and Andrew Pintart. Now Dela Santos has been a guy who been talking about forever leading the league in the minor leagues, I should say at home runs, did this surprise you at all? That that's all it took to get you know? For all they got for Dela Santos was that, Like, I guess this is the thing. The Diamondbacks's not to love this guy in the first play, But I mean, how do you argue with the results? I understand the rule five thing and it came back and all this stuff. It's been a weird road for him. I understand the last couple of weeks have been a little slow, But do you think they're just gonna say, hey, we got to cash it on this guy now and Puck is enough in terms of age that we're gonna give it a shot. It's kind of weird one to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a couple there's a couple things with this, so like I instant rec and this makes me I forget sometimes because maybe I'm baby they're coddled a little bit. Without having negativity on my timeline, I baby you too much. Well, the Peanuts, a cracker Jacks, everyone's so nice and stuff. I instant reacted to this trade last night because I was like, what what? Because I've watched AJ Puck this year, but in transparency, I've watched him a lot as a starter, and he is awful as a starter. They moved him to the bullpen. So my instant reaction, just instantly reacting to it, was like, what are they doing? David the Dea la Santos has been a top five overall Minor league hit or the entire higher season the home run, and he's doing it at a really, really low age to level. So you're trading off this huge bat. Andrew Pinar is also not something to just scoff at. He's played in the infield. He could be a super util guy who can run blah blah blah. And I got I was getting killed by people because I called puck men and everyone's like, oh, the disciplined you haven't looked at He's been awesome in July. He is one of the worst starters. There are two things I counted on earlier in the year. Joe it was six Do Sanchez the team against him was going to score all the runs, So take the overrun total and AJ Puck walking three or more. So if you got two and a half, you would always bet the over on walks because he was awful. So my instant reaction was that before looking into it, and people were just being such whiners about it, and he has been good, but to their credit, AJ Puck has been good July, he's striking out guys the walk numbers.
Speaker 1: Or he's not a starting down. That's it.
Speaker 2: He's not a star.
Speaker 1: But to the main you want to give up a twenty one year old power hitter for a bullpen guy, and I think the answer is unequivocally no. To me, I think it's a bad.
Speaker 2: Move and attempting not to make it a stupid middle relief trade for the Diamondbacks into ten minutes and stuff like that. My reaction is like, well, you're doing a good job. I am doing a very good judgment, even with Puck being good over this period of time. To trade one of the best minor league hitters for a middle relief guy, I don't like it regardless, even if Puck has been good. But to your point, I was told the Diamondbacks do not trust his defensive ability. They really didn't feel that they had a future hurt for him in the National League.
Speaker 1: Now for years, but.
Speaker 2: They didn't value the offense enough. There was also maybe, like I saw a radio person out here locally talk about maybe work ethic was a question. I'm not really sure.
Speaker 1: A bad kid and like that's why they roll find him in the first place. I don't I don't know the inner workings. And maybe he is. Maybe he's the next yoan Moncata type guy, Like I don't know. All I know is twenty one year old guys leading the minor leagues at home runs should bring you back more than a middle.
Speaker 2: I completely agree, and I just want to point out principle. The relief market is a wild, wild place. There was a rumor that Dinonbacks could have had Tanner Scott in this trade, but they didn't want a rental player. That's they did prioritize getting someone they had control of INMPUCK if they're going to give up Dayla Santo's. But a big point here is that relief market is going to be ridiculously stupid, So just keep an eye on it. It is going to cost more. I mean, perceivably, it seems like it costs more for aj Puck than Randy rose Arena. You can make that argument and that's gross. We don't know the player to be named is here, but the relief market's stupid.
Speaker 1: Question here from the Penuts and Cracker tracks from Dev Brau, Hey, guys, do you like Yamamoto or Corochet more and Dynasty? That's interesting? I like Crochet more about you.
Speaker 2: They're so so close, Like I want to say Crochet. I'm going to say probably Yamamoto at this second, but the answer might be Crochet.
Speaker 1: Okay. More trades and things going on, potentially.
Speaker 2: We have one just happened by now what just happened? Literally just happened. Yeah, sorry, is going to go to that. The Phillies acquired Austin Hayes from the Orioles, and the Orioles picked up sar Anthony Dominguez and Christian Pashe. This happened and in the chat like three minutes ago. So that was a weird, like outfielders swap Austin Hayes. Though there's I mean, if he's gonna get regular time, there's some fantasy implications for him in Philadelphia.
Speaker 1: Because there are. That's not an if you're the Phillies and you're trying to beef up man, Austin Hayes is not the answer, like like there's got to be something else for you there. That's that can't beay a move.
Speaker 2: But it's also that is like the most low impact trade of all time to get someone that you can maybe put out as a starter every day.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Philly fans are not gonna be happy with that. What do you do in Austin Hayes What kind of trade is that? It's crap, That's what it is. Blake Snell apparently getting some interest to the Giants are kicking the tires. The Astro is one of those teams interested actually in Jamison, tai On and the Pirates apparently are sending some scouts to look at Jazz Chisholm Junior. I think Blake Snell could help a lot of teams Welsh certainly, you know some teams like the Red Sox. I would think that the Houston Astros. You know on Snell Snell, I think is is the way he's pitching his last couple of starts could be a huge game changer for rotation because I think he's finally right after all these many months of being wrong. He just looks like the guy who want to sell young so I think now's the time, and we knew it was going to be a rocky road and has been. But now he looks finally like himself, and I think that could be a huge difference maker down the stretch for.
Speaker 2: I think there was a report that was even saying these last three starts, seeing that he does look right is the reason why that market has picked up so much. He's had it looks like fifteen strikeouts over his last three starts. He's gone five through the last three. He's still having a little bit of a walk thing. But we also know that about Snell that he is like a controlled chaos type of guy. Like he will he's not afraid to walk players to kind of just matain his game. Yeah, control like Snell and a controlled chaos. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'm kind of an outwardly chaos type of guy.
Speaker 1: You're kind of yeah, You're I'm more controlled chaos. That's yeah, exactly. Cool. Guy Clayton Kershaw was back six case for him in four innings, could start against the Giants and Max Schurzer, who was apparently dealing with some arm fatigue and some issues. Well, nine strikeouts later in six innings, pretty good for the Rangers to get the win, although it was against the White Sox. Here's some fun things. There's been two guys been absolutely crushing life for the last month. Lawrence Butler, who had another two run home run yesterday, and TODs Bradley another six innings, struck out seven guys. How good have these guys been? Well in the last thirty days Lawrence Butler slash four oh eight four sixty two nine with a thirteen ninety two ops. That's how good he's been. And then on the pitching side in the last thirty days for Todd Bradley in five starts a point two zero ERA, four wins, thirty one innings, thirty six strikeouts, nine walks, point seventy nine whip. Butler made an adjustment with his hitting coach about keeping his head still and it's something I actually saw a little breakdown of and it was really interesting and you could see how much he is doing that now, and my god, what difference it has made. This is a strong athletic kid, and if he can harness that athleticism with good baseball fundamentals, all of a sudden, Laura's Butler is not a flash of the pan. Here this month. If this is something we can like start to watch the development of a kid at the major leagues. And then Bradley another guy talk about Night and Day. Last year it was a complete disaster. He was rushed to my major leagues because of injuries, and this year he is looking like, oh my god, him springs next year along with McClanahan potentially in that rotation, the Rays are gonna be back in a big way next year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, on Butler real quick, it's interesting bring up bt Fouts kind of snarky comment. It's not at us, but it's just at life, saying I love how nobody's talked about Butler until he's over seventy five percent roster. And I actually think that's an interesting thing because, like I brought up Butler yesterday and on ITL, I was talking about him last week, but we heard a couple of.
Speaker 1: Weeks ago, and I think the answer was the same thing, which was, yeah, this kid's had some struggles in the minor leagues and he I mean, just like Reese Hines. We were saying, look, this kid's you know, maybe not you know, you got to take the great assault with a hot week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but not me. I mean, like, let's sit in bt Fouts's snark for a second in that you're not wrong, You're not wrong that like, like specifically me, I was discounting him a bit and I wanted like Jacob Wilson over him, like two weeks ago or whatever it was. But one of the things that I've kind of come to terms with too is he's been in A And I don't want to put like big markers on A's players, even though they've been really good. But there has been something at the major league level as far as what they're doing with the hitting coaches, Like you're talking about keeping your head straight. This isn't just Butler. It's been Brent Rooker this entire year. We've seen Geloff have the flashes. We've Abraham Toro was one of the leaders in like hard hit and barrel percentage earlier in the year. What they're doing and this is not something that I caught onto early enough to be like, oh, we do need to click on those that they are doing something at the major league level that is activating a lot of these powers from these guys. And Lawrence Butler, you're seeing it, You're seeing fifty two percent hard hit rate paired with a twelve percent beariate. Those are phenomenal. I'm gonna love those every time. Also in it, he's got an almost seventy five mile per prower swing on the bat speed seventy five, it's four point seven, which is way above average. You've got this fast swing for this guy that is keeping it all in line. Good barrel, good hard hit and expected batting average that is actually better than it currently is. All of those things have activated and locked, and he's becoming this really, really great player with all those tools. But I was dismissive of it simply because of the organization and it's like what run supports out there in the A's. But it took me too long, not about Butler, but to connect that. Oh, the A's are actually doing something developmentally great at the major league level, and they have activated these guys of like Abraham Torel, Lawrence Butler. Those were just not big dudes. So if he's out there, Schumann is another one of those. Lawrence Butler one hundred percent should be owned if he's not already owned. And we were talking about that as a replacement to yell At yesterday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh well, yellich more to come on that too, also fun. James Paxon got picked up by the Red Sox. So there you go, going back to Boston again. James Paxon journeyman. I don't know. I don't know what the Dodgers are doing, get rid of starting pitchers. I just standing at all. They need starting pictures, like, I don't.
Speaker 2: Know if they need Paxton. They might need pictures been not packs, then.
Speaker 1: Why Paxton has been at least he's been there. At least he's made the starts. I mean, look, I mean I look. I'm not saying James pax is the greatest thing ever, but but I mean, at least he's been present for all of his starts, which is not something I guess we all thought would happen. Where what are the you know, what's the now that we've sullied his name? What are the starts on Pack.
Speaker 2: Four four three e RA A worst expected era, career low strikeout percentage, one of the career worst walk percentage twelve point three. That's one of the worst in the majors. That's equivalent to aj Puck as a starter. He's giving up some really bad hard hit numbers, but he has put up a bunch of innings eight point nine, but he's got a one point four to six whip and he has an eight and two record because he was a Dodger like six. Okay, so yeah, that's like, that's a good fifth starter who you're trying to replace.
Speaker 1: Y I guess, I thin guess he's taking the ball and he's given him innings and I think that's what they've needed so far. But yeah, again, we'll see what happens here. Yeah, all right, let's do a little up and down here, three upland door about those Mets well to run Homer Thursday extra ning win over the Brave.
Speaker 2: I think they said they're buyers now I think they even need a statement that they're gonna they're not gonna sell, that they're gonna go buy stuff. Now, that's how fun is that? Windows?
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, great, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Who would you like to buy? Who's on your buy list?
Speaker 1: I don't I don't see that's the thing. I mean, they're getting Senga back today.
Speaker 2: We get Snell, Oh my god, go get Snell. Put him with Sanga. What an epic awesome disaster that could be or greatness?
Speaker 1: I don't know Snell isn't met Maybe maybe he's the exact goofp all they need. I don't know. Chris Sale nine strikeouts, two runs in that same game, unfortunately, no decision for him right in Lao four for four with a homer and three rebies. Three down, Kenny Rosenberg three and a third inning, six runs, Logan Web four runs and five innings at Riley Green, Oh for four. Not a good day against the Guardians. Injuries A lot to get to here, Ken Rosenthal speaking of Christian Yelich, Apparently he's gonna rest and rehab instead of undergoing the season ending surgery. So Welsh, I know you guys talked a lot about the Yelish thing yesterday. This is always the looming thing when it comes to Yelich every single year is he has a chronic back issue. And one hundred and sixty two games is a very long season. And I think at this point season long. I get it. When you're in a season long roader league, I understand, well Yelich can give you maybe one hundred games or one hundred and twenty games, whatever it is. But he's just a guy that every years a pass for me because of this chronic issue that I think is just always gonna need now just part of it, and you're gonna get incomplete seasons, and you're gonna get good stretches and bad stretches, and I just don't want to spend my fantasy dollar that way. But where are you at long term with Yelich too? Because from a dynast perspective, now this is really hurt it. I mean, if you sold him early, you did well, but now you're kind of stuck, and I don't know what the value is in Dynasty going forward for him.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think it's I think it's a little bit worse than it was in the preseason. I'd have to go look at my Dynasty ranks where I have him, But like I put him in that outside the top fifty, it's probably outside the top seventy five. It's like a mini Trout. It's not quite as trout esque, and obviously Yelich has the stolen bases that are going to be tagged on along with it, but it is Trout esk and that it's like, oh, you know that there's going to be injuries that are going to take him away. You try to presume that it's going to be not as dramatic as Trout, but he's probably going to miss the rest of the year. I mean, he's going to rehabit. Maybe he gets back, I'm not sure, but yeah, I think the dynasty value definitely took a hit after having a really, really good run in performance earlier in the year. But that's why it's trout esk. You know, when Trout is out there, he performs really well. Yelich is doing the same thing, but they can't stay out there right now.
Speaker 1: What's out there for the Brewers? I mean you go is hitting now, that's great, yeah, but I mean Yelis, now, this is really tough. No Burns, no Yelich. You're at the top of these standings. I mean, Bruce fans must be going crazy right now thinking like what might have been if they just kind of held things together a little bit longer. But I don't know where you go from here.
Speaker 2: So I think actually, ironically, Austin Hayes would have been a great like, hey, we're just gonna like trade nothing to have more depth. They do have Garrett Mitchell, they do have South Freelick to help out if they want to do that. I did the ITL thing two days ago, Joe where we were putting players on teams, and I know it hasn't scouted, but I think Jazz chishm would have made a lot of sense. Jazz could get out there in the OUTFLA, you could have control. It's still might you would have control over him. I think. I think they're going to just either stand pat with the outfield they have and hope Yelledge gets back, or it's gonna be I think the injury will be very telling. If they go and they go and acquire you know, it would have been a Randy or they acquire a Jazz or something that shit.
Speaker 1: What about a Lane Thomas from Washington.
Speaker 2: That'd be a fantastic one as well. If they were to go and get a Lane Thomas, I think that tells you where the Yelich thing is. I'm assuming you're just not gonna have Yelichs this year.
Speaker 1: So if they're gonna keep this Piker, it's Lane Thomas. Like those are the names that keep popping.
Speaker 2: But the problem is they need they need pitching help. I mean, the best thing they do, if they can go do the Crochet and Robert thing, that would be the greatest thing of all time. But you'd have to absolutely unhod their system.
Speaker 1: But do they have the system worthy of unloading for those two guys.
Speaker 2: They've got guys Jacob Mizerowski, Brock Wilkin, Cooper Pratt. I mean, you could definitely base like a trade around that. They've got other guys, but that's kind of like the upper core and forget they've got Jefferson Quero, Luis Laura. They have guys. They've got guys that are that could front line and like Jacob Mizerowski and a Garrett Crochet trade would make a lot of sense. I just don't know, Like what do the White Sox want? Do they want five prospects that are all top one hundred, Then then you.
Speaker 1: Want a lot. You want bulk and quality, you want everything. If you're the White Sox, this is your chance. You can't screw this up because they need a complete remake. They're going to be bad for the next three to five years, like and then that's not being hyperbolic. They're going to be bad for the next three or five years no matter what. So you might as well get quality and a lot of it. And these are your two chips and you've got some big chips.
Speaker 2: How funny, though, you've.
Speaker 1: Got to be selling to the Orioles or the Yankees of the Dodgers. You've got to be getting some of these big time prospects.
Speaker 2: How funny would it be, though, if the Brewers went and got a Garrett Crochet and then he's like, oh, by the way, I'm not going to pitch in the playoffs until you get extension and then the contract to burn Well, Burns don want to come back either.
Speaker 1: See. That's why I keep saying that Crochet to the Oriols makes the most sense, because the Orioles are this is their window. They have the money to spend on him. They I mean, that's a three man rotation that's going to be very formidable in the next couple of years. And they can move a Jackson Holiday Anacob Meyo and not skip a beat at their major league level like for years. I mean, that's the thing. They could pull that off, and that's what that helps everybody. I think the Orioles are the team to beat out for Crochet at this point. To me, it makes the most sense for both teams. We'll see if I'm right next week or I've been today. Who knows. Mason Miller, he won't be pitching today on the IL with a left pinky finger broken. He watched it got mad, his pinky got mad something. He punched the trainer's table and now he's mad. Devin Williams struck out two in a hitless rehab started Triple A. The Twins are activating Royce Lewis today and he's heard again. Jeffrey Springs struck out four three earned bibe innings, so he's working his way back in Triple A. Mike Trout is undergoing further evaluation in Los Angeles, and of course Michael Harris resuming baseball activities.
Speaker 2: Basketball activities, but they said that he felt some soreness through running and that's why they put him on the sixty day IL, so he is not eligible to come back until August fourteenth, and we now know that was because of some of the lingering soreness or.
Speaker 1: Disrecomfraut or John about Harris.
Speaker 2: Michael Harris, this is Michael Harris, so discomfort August fourteenth because he's on the sixty day IL, and hopefully that doesn't lead over and in Michael Harris's season whatever this discomfort is well.
Speaker 1: She excited about code is Senga tonight.
Speaker 2: I watchually I wanted to, but the k prop is a little bit high.
Speaker 1: Ah well, speaking of props, let's get to the best bets of the day with Joey p and the Welsh. Make sure you place your bets at bet three sixty five bet five bucks, get one hundred and fiftyen bonus bets when you use the promo code leading off only at bet three sixty five, and don't forget if you have a gambling problem, one one hundred gambler or one eight hundred bets off in Iowa, terms and conditions apply. I'm gonna go right to Taj Bradley from yesterday. It was a good one from Joe Rico. I'm gonna keep going there and put my faith another pitcher. This one's gonna be Pablo Lopez of the Minnesota Twins on the run line minus one and a half plus one hundred against Detroit today. So give me Pablo Lopez. You've been saying all year, he's been pitching better than the era. He deserves better. Royce Lewis back tonight in the lineup. I'm feeling the Twinkies, let's lock it in and plus money minus one and a half on the run line. Give me Baltimore on the run line two minus one and a half against San Diego. That's at minus one five. But you can also put Gunner Henderson total bases at minus one oh eight with it and get just about two to one. So Gunner Henderson over one and a half total bases and then the run line for the Twinkies and the Orioles. Welsh, what do you have for the people on a fun Friday?
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's see if we can make it fun. I'm gonna go Cincinnati first five money line, Nick Lidolo minus one fifteen. You can find that out, so just give me. Give me a little lead, Nick Lidolo. So Cincinnati first five money line. I'm also going to go at Ellie day La Cruz. There's a part of me that's like, how long can he keep doing this? But it's a pretty good matchup today. I a Shane Boz is coming up. Shane Boz had some decent results so far in the miners. There's been a little bit of wonkiness. Strikeouts haven't quite been there, and Ellie has got like five. I think it's five or six straight games with two total bases. I'm tackling the one and a half total base over it's plus one fifteen. Again today Boz gives up some of the our gives up like fifty four point five the way to say this, but he gives up some of the most contact. That's not the way to say it. But the contact rate on ninety five plus is one of the highest against Shane Boz and that works really well for a guy like Ellie Daily Cruz. So there's a way to say it. And then finally I'm gonna go with the nurfy. Give me Saint Louis and Washington. Washington's the worst first inning scoring team. They have got McKinsey gore up, and Saint Louis has got Sonny Gray Sonny. The Cardinals have been like top fifteen, and they are pretty decent at home, but over the last three they haven't been scoring in the first inning. So no run first inning, Saint Louis, Washington, those be some of the bets. I very much like your Minnesota bet as well.
Speaker 1: Just wanted to say, yeah, they're a turn of Royce Lewis. Just go right in for Bryce Lewis home run prop too white as well, right, I mean that's what he does. Royce Lewis is playing ball. All those home runs in before it's too late, my friends, and those are the best bets of the day. Download the betting pros app. Start betting smarter, not harder. All right, Welsh home runs for the weekend. I'm just gonna keep it simple. Go with Shoeyo Todi for the weekend old fashioned show Haotani and see if I can climb back up that board here because I am literally again hanging by the thread Walkee Penguins on the board. El Skill is still at the top. Welsh, where are you going for your home run call for the weekend?
Speaker 2: Give me Ellie. I'm gonna go with my total base guy. Give me the Ellies I wanted to go Gunner. Gunner will probably hit three homers today or something like that. He's been on kind of a cold spell. It is a good matchup. I like your total base marker there, but I'm gonna go with Ellie de la Cruz for a homer through the weekend. But maybe I'll change it because guess what, I can do it because I'm in the Discord Fantasypros dot Com slash Chat and you can get right into the Discord and there's a home run call room, so I can make my change every single day of the weekend if I want to, but otherwise it is Ellie until told otherwise.
Speaker 1: There you go. I'm thinking we're gonna get more trades of this weekend Welsh and Monday when we come back here and we will be live Welsh myself next Monday, we'll have more trades to talk about. I feel that way, and I am. I am gonna stay steadfast at Crochet and the Orioles just makes the most sense for everybody. I don't think, you know, the the Orioles are so deep with infield prospects, and I feel like that's kind of where the Detroit Tigers already are good. I don't know if that's the place to go, but I could see a Kobe Mayo, Povich, Connor Norby for Garrett Crochet deal, and I think that's a pretty good deal for everybody.
Speaker 2: Run if I'm mean again, it's Connor.
Speaker 1: Mayo, Norby Povich for Crochet. I think that's a win for everybody. And you extend Crochet immediately.
Speaker 2: I do think there's even more of a chance that maybe Jackson Holiday is the guy that gets moved. Jordan Westberg can be their future second baseman. They've got their future shortstop. The corner infields can be manned by Kurstad and Kobe Mayo. I think it kind of makes sense.
Speaker 1: Well Mayo's going in that deal by way, No, no.
Speaker 2: I understand that. But that's why I'm saying. I think my version of that, I might send Jackson Holliday, Connor Norby and like a Povich. So I'm gonna swap those out because I also, I just don't think Terry Scoople is getting moved. And I do think once they've don't either off. I think once Orils have moved off of Schooble, they are going to turn their sites to a guy like because.
Speaker 1: You already got cold Keith, you've got torkosin you don't want to give up on quite yet. I don't think, like I'm looking around there, I don't know. I just don't think they're a good match. I do, however, think the White Sox are an excellent match in terms. They need everything, so it's just time to just bring in that piece.
Speaker 2: And as I mentioned before this thing kind of that was going around after they drafted Hagen Smith. That might have been a completion for this team to look at their future rotation. The White Sox, that is where they've got Drew Thorpe, They've got Hiro Iriarity, They've got guys like Nick Nastrini, and then they drafted their future Ace and Hagen Smith. So now when you go out and you train, and all these trades have been doing in the rebuild have been around pitching. Now you go out and trade Garrett Crochet, build up your hitters, get some more of those guys, and if you can go get you can get two of those top like four prospects from the Orioles. It's a huge win, even if it's a Cowser, but you got to get one of Mayo or Holiday and it really will be part of their big rebuild.
Speaker 1: Wells if you end up with Crochet pitching into the postseason this year. Is he a guy that scares you in twenty twenty five because of the workload.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's a little bit scary. Yeah, but he had I mean he's not he's like relatively fresh off of his injury as well. He'd like, I think it was the Tommy John because he was out for a.
Speaker 1: Year Tommy John. And look, he is a bigger kid. He's six six, Like, he's a big dude. So physically speaking, you would hope. But again, you know, elbows or elbows at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: But I just like, I don't think it's something that can like you like, like, who are you picking and choosing that you're scared.
Speaker 1: I'm not saying to be scared. I'm saying that is, you know, to make a leap of eighty innings over previous high is a lot.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why he wants a contract, by the way, I mean that's the word he's like, he said, will not pitch into the playoffs over Yeah.
Speaker 1: Good for him, you know, show him the money. Like I'm all about it. Here you go. Would you sign off on this deal for both teams? This is the mega deal Robert and Crochet you give holiday curse Dad and Mayo? Would you sign up on that one?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I Mean one of my big things is like I think what any of the teams, whether it was the Tigers of the White Sox, they should hold pat and be like we want Mayo and Holiday and whatever you have to do to get Mayo and Holiday, that's what you do if you're gonna make these moves. I just don't know the Orioles will will make that push. It doesn't I don't like to get I don't think they'll trade one of them to.
Speaker 1: Be I do. I think they will trade one of them. I think they'd want to trade Holiday. But I think you're gonna have to trade Mayo. But they could get away with trading Holiday if it was to the White Sox. But the White Sox where you know, why keep going wrong with the White Sox is you you can't. You have to look for those big middle of the order guys. They are gonna be your franchise players. Now you can't, you can't go you know, I remember they remember Nick Madrigal. Remember they kept selling us that bill of goods that he was gonna be a good basement. Oh. I hated Nick Madrigal because they drafted him. Was terrible baby. He is a little bit. But I'm just saying, like those kind of guys like that's not you know, that's not gonna not those guys at that high pack.
Speaker 2: Well, those Orioles are not those guys. They're all six foot four. I mean it's Mayo and kers Stout and Kowser moms.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be really interesting to see. I hope we have more of it to talk about. I love the trade deadlines, one of my favorite things. We'll see if I get dealt. Last year, I did get traded. We'll see how that goes.
Speaker 2: Well, Just to the football podcast.
Speaker 1: But who's the player to be named later? But I did re sign with baseball in the offseason. Oh good, here we go. All right, that'll do it for us. But the story of the game goes on for the Well sho. I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time, Gads. Peace, Well for you.
Speaker 3: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Baseball podcast. If you love the show, the best freeway to support us.
Speaker 2: Is by leaving a positive review on Apple
Speaker 3: Podcasts or Spotify, follow us on x, Instagram, and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasy Pros MLB