Speaker 1: And I invited you here. I thought I made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no, guests, your presences presence and I already had too much stuff.
Speaker 2: So how do you dare to surbey me? Welcome to I said, no gift temperature wine, girl, we're here. I was just told that this episode is coming out of July. Second. It's fourth of July weekend. I'm waving my flag. I'm falling into a deep depression. This is I think I've talked about this on the podcast before. Historically, the most depressing day of the year for me is the fourth of July. Something happens to my body, something happens to the chemicals in my body. I'm gonna bottom out. Let's see what else. I actually planned to open this on camera, just to give myself something to do. I could have done this before the episode. But listen to that. This is a diet coke. I know they don't want me to tell you that. Okay, I've had my sip of diet coke. I'm losing control. Last night, I absolutely lost control. I mixed one granola with another type of granola and it was a bomb. It was a huge bomb. That was my treat for the evening. And then I'm just sitting there chewing through this granola, trying to enjoy a television show. Is there business to deal? Oh? I mean actually, speaking of the we're back, we keep falling off the train and getting back on the Little House on the Prairie train. Last night we watched we got into an episode where Charles and Laura teamed up to kill a horse and they succeeded. And we have Patreon. I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna really laser focus right now and try to promote the Patreon like someone who wants you to get on it. Patreon dot com slash I said, no gifts, bonus episodes. You're gonna hear a bonus episode with Ellis, with my Mom, with Jim my boyfriend, plus past guests, new guests. I'm posting just videos that I probably shouldn't be posting online. Nothing pornographic, yet we were doing all kinds of things. It's a wonderful time. It's a great way to support the podcast. That was a pretty good way to promote the Patreon. So get on do that. You owe me and I think I mean no, I don't have any other business. I saw Disclosure Day over the weekend. I knew there was going to be a problem with the Cgidar. I didn't realize they were also gonna have a problem with the CGI fox and a CGI bird. It's essentially the cast of Zootopia has entered this movie, and the bird and Chance Emily Blunt and kind of bewitches her. The disappointment for me at the end of that movie is I was hoping the alien was going to ask to be the new weather lady. Didn't happen. I've done it all. I've talked about everything. I've done beautiful self promotion. You're trapped with me. Here, let's get into the podcast. I adore today's guest. I'm so glad he's here. It's Brian Sofy. Brian, welcome back to I said no.
Speaker 3: Gifts, thank you, I a few things. I am so happy to see you.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy to see you.
Speaker 3: You're simply the greatest. No you are. You put me at ease. Honestly, I'm likeke practically except maybe Little House on the Prairie does any of that Because I got to say First of all, I was just in Texas visiting my family. My parents are on the Michael Landon train. They're still not just Little House Highway to Heaven.
Speaker 2: Highway to Heaven. Rokhu's getting the exclusives that people want.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and I have to say, it had been a minute since I'd seen Little House on the Prairie. I cannot get enough of missus Olsen.
Speaker 2: Oh, I can't get enough Nellie Olsen. Of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Nelly is straight up the worst person. And you know what I love about her. She wears it on her face.
Speaker 2: She lets you know, yes, she knows exactly who she is.
Speaker 3: She does, and she wears it and she delivers at every turn.
Speaker 2: Criminally underused. I would say, I.
Speaker 3: Can't believe that. I gotta be honest with you. She to me, is just as valuable as anyone else in that show.
Speaker 2: More. They should have killed off the mom season one and just brought Nelly into kind of push people around.
Speaker 3: And I got to tell you, it really drives me crazy when the mom gets the best of missus Olsen.
Speaker 2: Oh, the mom doesn't deserve to get the upper hand on missus Olsen.
Speaker 3: Missus Olsen works also another person who works so hard at being the most obnoxious person on the planet, but you got to give it up for she scheams. Oh she's so fat. She gets humiliated in church every week.
Speaker 2: She's ripping off customers.
Speaker 3: She's awful. I just watched an episode actually where she was what happens. Oh she meant to print in the newspaper ten percent off on the store. Oh no, those little twerps over a little house in the prayer thought it would be funny to add a zero to the ten boys. So everyone one hundred percent off. So everyone lines up at the store and missus Olsen is like, oh my god, look at how this promotion worked. And everyone comes in and just starts taking everything. And then she looks in the paper and sees it's a hundred percent off. And I thought to myself, Hey, we now have discovered that everyone on the show is immoral.
Speaker 2: Oh of course, yeah, they will take advantage of a small business owner.
Speaker 3: Correct. It was honestly, I really felt for her, and then she was humilated in church because it was her get back, because she had been printing gossip in the newspaper about other people in the.
Speaker 2: Town, entertaining people.
Speaker 3: I literally thought to myself, finally something to do. Yeah, that's all we need.
Speaker 2: Also, gossip is a great thing for protection. It lets us know who's bad around town. Trying to stay away from purely a public service that she was providing. She gets ripped off, she gets her business ripped off. She's a girl boss, that's right, and she gets destroyed by other women.
Speaker 3: Honestly, I would love I'm having the time of my life right now. I would love for missus Olsen to Honestly, she shouldn't even be a guest. She should have a podcast and we could go for a gossip and talk about local crime.
Speaker 2: I think missus Olsen was justified in killing at least one member of the town. That should have happened.
Speaker 3: I couldn't agree more. And she should have gotten off, you know what I mean. It should have been aokay that she did it.
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean they basically paint her as someone who like is as evil as a murderer. Yeah, why not just have her killed one person?
Speaker 3: Could not agree more.
Speaker 2: They have people drifting through the town all the time, somebody who wouldn't be missed, you know, just like let her kill them. Yeah, she's basically abusing her husband yes, that's not a healthy relationship.
Speaker 3: But anyway, Zero, I do have a couple of questions for you. Was one of the granola's purely Elizabeth? Because I will shoot through the roof it was.
Speaker 2: Now this is an interesting thing though, because what kind of got me on my recent granola train? Okay, my sister said, have you tried pure Elizabeth peanut butter cookie?
Speaker 3: Oh? It's pure Elizabeth?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh wait, what did you see?
Speaker 3: I said, purely? But maybe it's pure I don't, Well.
Speaker 2: It should be.
Speaker 3: It's Elizabeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, strictly Elizabeth granola.
Speaker 3: So how was this peanut butter granola?
Speaker 2: It was delicious, it was so good it was, but it was essentially just candy, you know. It's like I think there's like a lot of sugar. It's like it was wonderful. So then I started looking for other granolas that were adjacent but weren't maybe as cookie, yes, And I found Trader Jose peanut butter protein granola.
Speaker 3: That sounds pretty good.
Speaker 2: Delicious, not too sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah that's the key.
Speaker 2: And so that then I mix it with a chocolate coffee granola from Trader Jose.
Speaker 3: Chocolate coffee Grana. Is it is it? Does it look like chocolate? Is it okay? That sounds good?
Speaker 2: That was the bad element? But why are you so anti purely or anti purely Elizabeth beyond why.
Speaker 3: The last two times I've had it there has been something off about it felt too chemically, or it felt it tastes a little almost turned or burnt or something, and I really it just hit me the wrong way. And I guess my problem with it was none of it felt or tasted pure or tasted like there was an additive in there that's almost maybe it was a monk fruit, Oh, interesting, stevia, something there that I really towers right exactly, And to me, I thought, you know what, Liz, you're Elizabeth when you earn it, You're Liz when you doubt No.
Speaker 2: I see her, I now now that I'm aware of the brand, I see her, and I assume she's a real person. All of her flavors and there are so many that it's almost like yogurt land adjacent, where you're like, well, I know that the flavors not it couldn't possibly be real. So I wonder if there's a lot of that sort of food science magic.
Speaker 3: It does seem to have a cinnamon happiting a blueberry moment, she does delve into all the yogurt flavors, right.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, I just mix some oats and peanut butter together and burn it. I'm ready to go.
Speaker 3: Is the chocolate one good on its own?
Speaker 2: I don't think it's that great?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: It was almost basically what I was trying to do is I've got the chocolate, I've got to move through this, and that seems like a decent combination that I think is kind of a phony flavor. Yeah, and it doesn't make any sense. And I do think it has caffeine in it, which is a weird thing to be eating at like ten thirty at night.
Speaker 3: Can I ask her, like, truly the dumbest question that's ever please, you know, like chocolate covered espresso bean?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Do those have caffeine? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah they must, okay.
Speaker 3: Because people aren't eating those during the day, are they? To me? It's an after dark tree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's not something you like wake up in the morning and throw a few in your mouth and get going, right. It is like, uh, yeah, it's a.
Speaker 3: It's an adult dessert.
Speaker 2: Totally interesting. I think I've always felt like they're they're just kind of a bad idea because you can't eat that many of those. No, and when you're eating that type of thing, you want at least a handful. Yeah, to eat a whole handful of espresso beans feels dangerous. Yeah, so I can eat one. Yeah, but then it's like this.
Speaker 3: Then it's like, what are you going to do? It would take a year to get through one carton of those, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just it was like a pill at that point. There's Yeah, I think in theory we were on board with it, but no, one's just buying a bag of espresso beans.
Speaker 3: I can see it at treator Joe's right now because it's in the plastic square thing.
Speaker 2: I think, yeah, totally, the little plastic thing. That's what I get there, biscotti and yes, the hazel lut chocolate biscotti, which are fine.
Speaker 3: Can I be honest with you. It's a good plastic.
Speaker 2: It is. It's an excellent plastic.
Speaker 3: So it's sturdy, it's shapely.
Speaker 2: The shape is kind of stackable. Yeah, I'm sure it's loading up the food with whatever BPA microplastics.
Speaker 3: We need credit cards essential for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Now I'm thinking the espresso beans. I bet those are in a lot of high school secretary like the front desk person's drawer. You can see somebody popping one of those while dealing with high schoolers.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Sherry is powering. Sherry's devouring.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think about our elementary school secretary sort of with the d it was.
Speaker 3: Like it wasn't Donna, Deanna Donna.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like step above all of that. Even it was very like Madman Office.
Speaker 3: Yes, I wish I could remember did you say Dan already?
Speaker 2: You did, Gina. It was like the final level of those d names. It's a shame I can't remember.
Speaker 3: Name switched fast. I got that tell you, like all of the school secretary names when I was growing up were names that you do you never know. Dinosaur, It's wild. It was such a vibe too. It was because it really fit that right.
Speaker 2: And now I wonder we're probably like twenty years out from those coming back.
Speaker 3: Probably we'll think they will like Linda.
Speaker 2: Oh, those will feel classic like right now, like Pearl and Hole and that sort of thing. Yeah, but Brenda is going to come back.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: I love I love it Brenda. I love a baby Brenda.
Speaker 3: It reminds me of nine O two one. Now, did you get into that show?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Yeah, but Brenda, of course I'm familiar with.
Speaker 3: Did you not get into that show? Because you were just like maybe you were too young for me.
Speaker 2: I think it was like I was probably just slightly too young and family like, uh, we weren't allowed to watch a lot of.
Speaker 3: Things stuff like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like basically anything that aired on Fox, weirdly.
Speaker 3: Fox Trash, just what Married with Children, Melrose Place, it was like edgy, yeah, sort of dyed, you know, blonde, kind of roots showing TV.
Speaker 2: But those are the ones we remember now. Obvious Peggy Bundy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got it absolutely either Locker.
Speaker 2: Think about her constantly on the way here today. Yeah, where is she?
Speaker 3: Good question? It has to be Malibu? Right, Oh, I'm sure Richie Sambora.
Speaker 2: I hope her home survived or she's gonna be running from Mayor.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I wonder where he is now?
Speaker 3: Where is he now?
Speaker 2: I've probably gotten his wagon at it out of town.
Speaker 3: Now I wonder if he was because you know, everyone always thought the guy in charge probably just wanted a show on Fox, right, And it turns out no, he actually wanted much more than that. I wonder if this guy just ultimately wants a show on Fox and stops.
Speaker 2: There Spencer prep Yeah, yeah, interesting, Yeah he wants he just wants someone to look at him, I think so, and to pay off whatever extreme debt he's gotten himself into. Well did you watch that show Extreme Debt?
Speaker 3: No? No, but sure that's a good show. That would be good.
Speaker 2: You just want people get their car repos because.
Speaker 3: You want to something. It's basically housewives. They just don't say that. Yeah, it's basically everyone has smiled for bankruptcy. Everyone is so broken and they we just made they're lying about it, but like that's what that's what that show is.
Speaker 2: In the nineties, that would have been a show on Fox called Women in the World's Worst Debt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yes, it would be. And now we just called dilute antidote.
Speaker 2: But wait, what show were you asking? If I had seen.
Speaker 3: No idea, I have no clue.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to like we were between Spencer Prah. I never saw the Hills.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw maybe, like I want to say, a good like ten episodes. It wasn't anything though that I was right, and maybe it happened to be.
Speaker 2: On that one. I yeah, I just and he was everyone truly hated him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh yeah, no, I and I I design I'm pretty sure, right, I think that's what he wanted.
Speaker 2: And then the fact that anyone got on board with him was so mind boggling to me. I just don't understand how anything works.
Speaker 3: Can I mention something else you talked about? Of course I hate and am scared of and feel the worst about myself on the fourth of July. Oh really, I feel I'm never invited.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, this is great to for invite.
Speaker 3: Oh no, ever, I don't know why. It's like the one thing that no one ever invites me to. I have never hosted either in fairness, and I pretend I don't care. And then I hear the fireworks. I think to myself, I am alone for this.
Speaker 2: You're just in an unfurnished room in the shadows.
Speaker 3: And I am walking as fast as I can because for some reason, the past few I have been in New York, so undeniable, undeniable, and I walk with full horse blinders on, because I think to myself, as long as I don't see them, it's so sad my heart. As long as I don't see them, I'll be Okay, I just can't see them. I only need to hear them, and then I'll go back to my apartment watch probably Housewives or maybe Little house We don't.
Speaker 2: Know, both Great American program.
Speaker 3: Possibly depending on how broke I am eating a bowl of purely Elizabeth we don't know. I hate it. It makes me, nothing makes me.
Speaker 2: Feel I think that might have something to do with mine, because even if I do go to a party, I'm like, a summer party is really not the sort of thing that I can really vibe with, because I guess that's me a deeply pale. I like, the activities aren't really for me. The food's not for me.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take off like my shirt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel uncomfortable in so many different ways. And if and I do think this is probably true of both of us. We have friends who probably aren't big Fourth of July celebrators, so like they're not hosting as many parties.
Speaker 3: I guess that's what it is.
Speaker 2: And it's the thing for me is I've determined it's the middle of the year, so you really are then like, oh no, what's happening? What is the last six months led to and combined with the fireworks, sounds or all of that. It's and you're supposed to be happy. You're supposed to feel proud, and you're just like, I just feel weird.
Speaker 3: And you're supposed to be excited that summer is here. And yeah, I actually, I mean I like summer, okay, but I would definitely say it's my least favorite season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially I don't need it in southern California. No, I want to avoid it at all costs.
Speaker 3: And also I don't like holidays that are necessarily associated with getting a little wasted.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, yeah for me. Again, I'm not getting drunk or anything. So I'm just stone cold sober watching people like blow their hands off, exactly what's here for me?
Speaker 3: Right? Watching dogs pan actual?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, of course that's the other element of it. I'm worried about my dog. I'm mad at people for lighting fireworks. I'm thinking how wasteful and stupid. I'm reminded just how kind of stupid everyone is me too. It's a it's a bad time. Yeah, it's so I've like started setting up some structure to avoid that stuff.
Speaker 3: Feeling what are your structures?
Speaker 2: Essentially just being aware it's going to happen. Yeah, making some small plan that doesn't really have anything to do with the holiday.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's nice, like what when you see a movie.
Speaker 2: Or yeah, seing a movie, getting lunch with the friends, just something very low key. And it's nice to have a dog because then if you aren't invited to a party, you can say, well, I gotta say I'm with the dog.
Speaker 3: That's true.
Speaker 2: Also fourth of July. This is another thing. The party happens in the middle of the day. I would rather be at a party at night.
Speaker 3: Me too. Always during the day, I would never, I'll be honest, I would never have a drink during the day. Everything about us is horrible. It ruins my day of course. And also I don't know, there's just something about being in the sun and talking to people and it just is different.
Speaker 2: It's just right. If I'm going to be like around a swimming pool or a summer activity and want a few close friends and we're just hanging out, I don't want to be like performing conversation with people me neither. That should happen in the dark.
Speaker 3: And yet and yet here we go want to be invited, desperate for that, desperate for that. I think people must feel that I'm not that person, right, because they do get invited a to other things.
Speaker 2: See, I would invite you to my Fourth of July party if I had one. Yeah, but I'm never gonna have a Fourth of July party. I would feel crazy.
Speaker 3: I would too. Does your does your neighborhood shoot off a lot of fireworks?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, the air is filled with smoke. LA goes way too far with them, it does yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's so annoying.
Speaker 3: It's annoying.
Speaker 2: It's really it's trashy. I'll say it's classless.
Speaker 3: Can I be honest with you? You and I where above it?
Speaker 2: I'm Unfortunately, I'm simply above it.
Speaker 3: I think I might be.
Speaker 2: I'm not gutter trash.
Speaker 3: I'm not just living in a sewer waiting for booms. You know that's not who I am.
Speaker 2: You'll find me reading a book or consuming a documentary.
Speaker 3: What are you reading right now?
Speaker 2: I actually am reading a book called I think it's called Peep Show the It's a true crime nonfiction thing about a serial killer in England in the fifties. It's dark, Oh, really very interesting. What are you reading?
Speaker 3: It's called The Winner? Okay, it's about a tennis player in the Hampton who gets it's very talented, mister Ripley. Oh I love.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love the book, the talents, and yes, I love plug Ripley on Netflix.
Speaker 3: Ripley Netflix is by so style, so underrated. The conversation was not happening around that show.
Speaker 2: It got overshadowed by Baby Reindeer, which that happened at the same time. I understand people enjoyed it, but I think Baby Reindeer could have been any quality and everyone would have watched it just based on the story.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the name Frankly, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: Of course, what's going on here exactly? But this isn't like a kid show. Yeah, but Ripley is a little bit slower. It's so beautiful, beautiful, and it was just when I meet someone who liked Ripley, I mean, I just feel connected to them for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: I don't see anyone from Ripley going to a fourth Joly.
Speaker 2: Oh no, not one.
Speaker 3: They don't even live their life in color.
Speaker 2: No, you're not gonna see the fireworks that way.
Speaker 3: No way.
Speaker 2: Okay, I think there is something else we should talk about. I could talk about Ripley, probably for the next hour, but it's just blanked because I wanted to hear more about the winter.
Speaker 3: Actually, it's great. It's very there's like a countess the wand character in it. It's very sort of Talton Mystery Plea is a good example. Also, a Place in the Sun.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm not familiar with the Place in the Sun.
Speaker 3: It's great. I never it's based on the book I think American Tragedy. But the movie was with Montgomery Cliff and Elizabeth Taylor.
Speaker 2: Oh, yes, of course I'm familiar with this. Yes, I've never seen it, but yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's essentially just an outsider coming into a very high society environment.
Speaker 2: I love that type of love. You read the guest going to bring up the guests. I adore that book is so good.
Speaker 3: That book is be beyond brilliant.
Speaker 2: I think the way it feels like what you feel it happening, Yes, so fast.
Speaker 3: So this is a little a little like The Winner.
Speaker 2: What's who's the author? Because that title, unfortunately, is almost ungooglable.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say it's not Cornick McCarthy, and I'm going to say it is. I have no idea.
Speaker 2: Let me see, I'll try to Google it. It's a Winner.
Speaker 3: Winner David Baldacci.
Speaker 2: That sounds right, David Ball nineteen ninety seven, Crime.
Speaker 3: Thriller, nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 2: Really you're reading a classic.
Speaker 3: Wow, I would have thought it happened.
Speaker 2: Or let's see. Actually there's somebody named The Winner by Teddy Wayne.
Speaker 3: Oh maybe that's it. What do I see the cover? That's the one?
Speaker 2: I okay, Teddy Wayne, you're not reading a classic.
Speaker 3: You're reading trash nouveau garbage.
Speaker 2: What is this a b t read?
Speaker 3: To be honest, I love a beach read me too. This is one?
Speaker 2: Okay, The Winner by Teddy Wayne. And let's give credit to David Baldacci for getting there first.
Speaker 3: Listen. I gotta tell you, you know, I've read something recently that blew my socks off. Stephen Spielberg speaking of Disclosure, which I haven't seen. But I only wanted to be her delivering the weather in that voice the entire she's not so good and she's fabulous.
Speaker 2: The movie whatever she's fentas, I.
Speaker 3: Will see it and I love her. Okay. Steven Spielberg optioned a book called Smash Okay that had nothing to do.
Speaker 2: With the NBC classic.
Speaker 3: Nothing He liked the name, so he optioned the title for the name to create smash, that to whatever. I don't know about create, but to co create whatever. Smash the television show.
Speaker 2: Wait, so Smash the television show is based on a book. That is not it's based on the title of a book.
Speaker 3: Based on the title.
Speaker 2: It's based on a word.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's based it's literally based on a word.
Speaker 2: What.
Speaker 3: Why would you even have to option just because there's a novel called smash?
Speaker 2: Because I guess he's a really honest guy, you know what. He wanted the author to be paid for thinking of the word first.
Speaker 3: You know what, though, he does seem honest, doesn't he. Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 2: What do we know about Steven Spield?
Speaker 3: Nothing really? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of winners and not winning, I was looking forward to having you here today, Thank you. I was thinking, Brian will come, he'll win, he'll leave. Well, you've lost. The podcast is called I said, no gifts.
Speaker 3: I know. I thought this one. Because it's small in size, I thought it would fly under the radar.
Speaker 2: Right, Okay, well it didn't caught you. Should we open it here on the podcast?
Speaker 3: We might as well. There's a gift in there. And then I added another gift at the very second, kind of double down. It's something I found in my bag while I was getting this gift, but I think should be on your radar.
Speaker 2: Okay, let me reach in here.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's see which one you grab first.
Speaker 2: Okay, so grab one at a time.
Speaker 3: If you want to. Oh, I'm glad you were glad this one first. This surprise what.
Speaker 2: I don't actually, Oh, it's okay, it's I have no idea how to Yes, this is.
Speaker 3: The and bridger. I have so many at home I'm gonna ship to you. I'm not even kidding. Really, do you like like a plane wipe? Oh? Of course, yes, this is the best. It comes from Turkey. It's a lemon lime set. Now I also have a lemon alone packaging alone. By the way you open it, you do your business wiping everything down. You fold it back in that pouch. You reuse, dispose of it. You can't use no, it does stay moist in there, okay, or you can dispose of it very neatly when the attendant comes by. I have to tell you this changes everything, and it's about this big.
Speaker 2: Should I use it now?
Speaker 3: Use it?
Speaker 2: Should save it for later?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, no, use it now this Okay, I wipe a surface.
Speaker 2: We're I'm gonna I'm gonna do my hands, so then i'll do the table.
Speaker 3: See what you think? You might not like the set?
Speaker 2: Oh it's lovely. Oh it's so clean. Yeah, it's so clean.
Speaker 3: And just unfold that thing.
Speaker 2: Oh it's enormous.
Speaker 3: This is a blanket, enormous.
Speaker 2: I could curl up under under this.
Speaker 3: And I really I have so many packages of that. I'm gonna send you one.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, how did you get packages?
Speaker 3: Well, my private client who lives in New York, he is from Turkey, and he's said he will get me these when he goes back on a visit. It's unbelievably fabulous.
Speaker 2: Do you know how to say the name?
Speaker 3: I don't. No, it's really it says refreshing towel.
Speaker 2: Yeah. On the back it says refreshing and it.
Speaker 3: Might be chessmet lemon, I think is what it says, which I think means like lemon lime.
Speaker 2: Well that's I just did a reel inhale and I think I injured my.
Speaker 3: Brain since nineteen twenty three, since nineteen twenty three, Well, you know, so I'm watching my phone a little bit Syrian and my Syrian family, and I believe my Turkish friend does this too. Everyone always leaves since the beginning of time, basically a bottle of like scented hand sanitizer on the table, even if you've washed your hands, you clean your hands before and after the meal.
Speaker 2: That's a great idea.
Speaker 3: It's a great idea. And typically, well I don't know about typically, but in my family was like an Apricot set. So this reminds me a lot of that.
Speaker 2: And so but the first time you ever tried it was on a plane.
Speaker 3: It was on a plane.
Speaker 2: I would go nuts.
Speaker 3: I have to tell you, and it lasts you don't have to do because which I do the tray obviously, right, I do the handlebars okay, yes, right, and I do the head rest, oh and his head one of these covers, all of them, was.
Speaker 2: I supposed to do my hands with it? Is it okay that I did my hands? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And I do my hands with oh? Sorry?
Speaker 2: And I was like, wait, have I just used like no industrial cleaner?
Speaker 3: No, but that was the surprise gift, yeah for me. Even so this was on Turkish airlines. No, this was on so this is at the Istumbul Airport. They saw these.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, when were you instanable?
Speaker 3: Never?
Speaker 2: Oh, just the client has just provided just the client.
Speaker 3: The client, by the way, is what I call my partner. But he works in the public sector. It doesn't really want to be privat No, I call it my private client.
Speaker 2: Control his finances. You teach him to sing. These are all kinds of things that this.
Speaker 3: Yes, we met it Chase private. Well, honey, of course we did separate entrance next to the bank, but not in the bank. So uh yeah, so he brings the back for.
Speaker 2: Me because okay, and so you've never been never.
Speaker 3: We were supposed to go actually this month, but it just I got too busy and it just didn't work out. Well.
Speaker 2: Speaking of going places, you were just in Mexico City with our friends, with our dear friend Michelle Collins.
Speaker 3: Who, by the way, I listened to you on her show.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was just on it.
Speaker 3: I am probably after this well, I don't know all the time, but maybe tomorrow morning. Can you have a dirty soda in the morning?
Speaker 2: Sure, I mean a lot of people in Utah do it.
Speaker 3: How do you order it at Taco Bell? You just go? Can I have a dirty soda.
Speaker 2: You say, yes, can I have a dirty Mountain dew?
Speaker 3: Dirty is called. So I'm going to get one because I have to be honest. You know that thing when people are experiencing a food or a drink and they're saying they don't like it, and it's all you can do not to try it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, of course, because how am I supposed to know exactly?
Speaker 3: And it was just a color and a flavor that I couldn't get my hand. I couldn't get a handle on it.
Speaker 2: When gorgeous drink.
Speaker 3: It did look very pretty, seafolm is how you described it.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's really beautiful.
Speaker 3: It sounded beautiful. So I want to try one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would say, get it through the drive through. Yeah, because what happened with me is I went in store this is a weird talk about with no drive through and listener, I took this drink to Michelle Collins showed to force her to drink this horrible dirty Mountain dew. But the I ordered the two dirty Mountain dews, and the essentially what happened is the employee dumped some white sauce at the bottom of it. That handed me the cups and then I was in charge of filling the drink, and I think what's supposed to happen is there's probably supposed to put the soda first then because it's essentially creamer. So it was just like kind of swishing around at the bottom like somebody had essentially thrown up in the in the thing. So it wasn't quite what you would want flavor wise. You can maybe drink three an ounce of this before you're done.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, did you bust through a wall after drinking? I mean, mountain dew is pretty caffeinated.
Speaker 2: It's extremely caffeinated. And the whatever the white sauce was was essentially suntan lotion or something it was. I wasn't able to consume very much of us. Yeah, but I love that Baja blast flavor.
Speaker 3: Is that. Don't get me wrong, Mountain do Baja blast.
Speaker 2: Well, you can get any mountain dew, any dirty mountain dew blast. I got the and the Baja blast is the most beautiful color probably that exists in nature.
Speaker 3: Is that what the seafoam green is?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Can you pull it up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's see if I'm sure it won't do it justice to be honest, you've got to get your eyes on this in person. I'm not looking at Baja Fresh, no Baja Blast.
Speaker 3: Baja Fresh can go scratch. I hate to say it.
Speaker 2: ALRP.
Speaker 3: Are they over?
Speaker 2: I think at least in La. I haven't seen one in a long time.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it was time.
Speaker 2: Okay, So this is not gonna this again. This is just I mean, it's not even fair to the product that's.
Speaker 3: You don't think this is going to do. I think it's really pretty.
Speaker 2: It's pretty there. Once you're once you're holding a glass of that, you're gonna go out of your mind.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: The fact that they know other soda brand has gotten on this color.
Speaker 3: It's wild, insane.
Speaker 2: What a waste of our lives we've gone. I think bajap Blast is only within the last fifteen years.
Speaker 3: This is like a drink you share with like the fish guy from Shape of Water. Veryugh yeah, so beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe through like a silly straw, same color.
Speaker 3: He was very sort of childlike.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what happened to him, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't know. He was such a heart throb for a minute. It's like that convict that then married the top man heirs.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 3: You know that hot con I think they called him. No, he was like hot con. Yeah, and then he became a model.
Speaker 2: Topman heiress, yes, the top Shop heiress, a top Shop Yeah, I can't hot fellon jare.
Speaker 3: I mean, meet that's him.
Speaker 2: Let's see, let's get my eyes on him.
Speaker 3: He was stunning. I mean it probably still is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now I'm gonna say he looks he looks like he's got a teardrop tattoo. He does so immediately I'm backing away.
Speaker 3: I'm thinking not the top Shop Harris.
Speaker 2: No, she went for she did? And did they? Are they still together?
Speaker 3: I think they might be.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true love found a way. Yeah, good for them. I know where did they meet outside jail?
Speaker 3: Either there or I think he was maybe modeling for like Louis vu Tan. Maybe he was modeling for top Shop. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Wow, good for him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. No, he came out and he like busted out.
Speaker 2: I'm proud of this guy, me too. I thought it was gonna be one of those situations. I remember a few years ago there was like this like twenty year old twink who married like this ninety five year old British man.
Speaker 3: Who beautiful could barely move. Yeah, you know what, I have a very smart friend who told me, the first time you marry for money and the second time you married for love. I have not fought followed that, but she my jaw dropped to the floor and she goes if the more you think about it, the more it makes sense.
Speaker 2: It's a good strategy. But they need to teach out in high school. People should know leaving high school about that.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: You learn that in adulthood. It's like, well, sorry, I found my person and they're not a billionaire exactly. Now what am I supposed to do?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 2: Cheat with a rich person?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't work anywhere. It's not on paper.
Speaker 2: No, unless it becomes kind of an extortion situation.
Speaker 3: That's sexy.
Speaker 2: That's extremely sexy.
Speaker 3: Very much is that's very like tiny pistol of thigh high.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's say there's another gift in here. Let me reach in.
Speaker 3: This is the main one, Okay.
Speaker 2: Pulling it out? Thank you? That's oh oh, I like what I'm saying. It's a pocket psychic three card mystery tarot reading a glimpse of the past, present and future from of course Housewitch a DJ Housewitch.
Speaker 3: GJ. Housewitch puts these together. I think they're great gifts. In fact, I was gifted one of these. Okay, that what made right? And the reason is because do you know Caitlin Riley? Oh yeah, of course, so funny. So she came on at the Asgrana podcast You've been a guest on, and she did a three card terror reading for me on that show. It went from bad to worse to worst on everything in my past that was indicating what happened in my present or future was I mean I should have immediately crawled into a bomb shelter and just stayed there for a good five years. So then she redid it.
Speaker 2: Oh, she redid it, and that feels like it's playing with fire.
Speaker 3: And it was. It was, I mean, hell struck twice because it went from bad to worse to worse to worst to us. So a friend of mine, my friend of Lev, said to me, I'm giving you She gave me this essentially, it gave me a gift of this type of gift and said you deserve a due over, and I go. But there was a due over and it was awful. Boy, But I liked my doover in this situation. Now. I don't know what's in these I don't know what these say. I don't know what they're doing.
Speaker 2: But well, before we do this, what did any of the three readings come to pass?
Speaker 3: I never, you know, I read something once and then I'll shut up.
Speaker 2: Please, I'd like you to be quiet the rest of the episode.
Speaker 3: So I read a book about Princess Margaret once okay, and the birth of newspaper psychics. In other words, reading you off your sign started with her birth. WHOA, that's when it all started. Why, I don't know. They predict They were trying to predict when she was born. They were predicting what her life would be. Oh, essentially, and people were fascinated by it, sold a billion issues. And then what they quickly realized was if we do this every day, no one's going to remember what we said the week before, the week before that, the week rise, as long as we keep doing it. And I guess that's what's happened to me, because I don't It's only happened three times to me. But I don't remember any of these readings. I just said the first two were bad and the third one was good.
Speaker 2: I think that that's I think it just kind of soaks into you. Yeah, and then you do your things.
Speaker 3: You're very generous.
Speaker 2: I should start doing horoscopes on this. People hooked on my horoscopes.
Speaker 3: What people realize You could say whatever you want and then no one's going to remember.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me see here. Yeah, listener, in the next week, avoid dogs.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's a good one. Okay, sorry, expands all the astrological signs of the listeners.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, for everybody. It's kind of a uh I don't have time for all twelve you kidding me? No, these are very universal.
Speaker 3: Avoid dogs.
Speaker 2: Avoid dogs.
Speaker 3: What if someone owns a dog, be.
Speaker 2: Very careful, careful this next week, avoid dogs. So okay, that's an interesting Now I feel like I've put something very dangerous out there. Listener. We're backing it up or reversing. Embrace dogs exactly. Now we're in some tough that is quite okay, We're going a third time. Brian gets three. You get three. Strike a healthy balance with dogs.
Speaker 3: That is a great piece of advice.
Speaker 2: There we go. It takes a little practice. Takes a little practice. Okay, So I'm going to open this. I think you should Okay, is there any advice. Okay, so just pull out the first card. This is the energy being released from the past. Pull out the second card. This is the energy surrounding the present. Pull out the final card. This is the energy in store for the future. So do you want do you want to do it for you or do you want to do it for me?
Speaker 3: I want to do for you. Okay, yeah, okay, here we go. Do you but you pull the card? Mate? Your energy should be honest? Okay, for whatever that means. Have you done this before? But have you ever had a reading?
Speaker 2: I've had to read, like a full reading. Do you know Lizzie Cooperman degreating Lizzy Cooper.
Speaker 3: She's so funny.
Speaker 2: People should go. She does tarot. I think I think you can, like, oh real, get private readings from this and they're so good.
Speaker 3: She's hilarious.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're pulling this out.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay. This card you pulled is called the Sun. And you see a big sun, neutral face and a baby thundercat riding on a horse.
Speaker 2: That's me.
Speaker 3: Okay, this sun, you're walking on sunshine. Okay, let yourself bask in the good times. Your creativity is on fire now.
Speaker 2: This all happened in the past.
Speaker 3: I guess. So I don't understand the wording of this, to be honest, because it's this pull up the first card. This is the energy being released from the past. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Oh? Interesting? So something in the past has held that up. I'm doing. I'm working for myself here. Okay, I've barely got to work from I'll take it. I can't retire unleast.
Speaker 3: Your inner artist. Okay, finally some clarity. Oh thank god, the weight of some unknown is lifted. Lead with optimism, joy and confidence. Your energy can warm up any room right now. I'm feeling it. By the way, sometimes life just feels really, really simple and beautiful. This is one of those times.
Speaker 2: Lucky you, I'm gonna be in tears by the end of it.
Speaker 3: This is really nice. This is already so much better.
Speaker 2: But now we've got to left, We've got this is going to be devastating. Okay. This is present present.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay. So the card you pulled is the world, and it's a beautiful woman with a sash's gorgeous gorge. She's being protected by an eagle that that person, a goat and a lion. Okay, so this is yes, this is the energy surrounding the present. Congratulations. Oh, you've reached the completion of a major project milestoners cycle. Oh interesting, you've worked so hard. Now you get to watch all the pieces fall right into place. Oh, you've reached a new level of mastery. Now it's time to begin the entire process again. You've got this. Make your next move from a place of empowerment. You've built strong supportive foundations for yourself. Hindsight is twenty twenty. Now that you've reached your destination, take some time to reflect on the road that took you here with more clarity than you had in the moment. What do you think?
Speaker 2: I love that? And I'll say this actually lines up. Really, I just I just organized my pants in my closet and put them in separate piles. Pants, pants shorts.
Speaker 3: Are the pants in the separate piles and separate piles for a reason beyond you.
Speaker 2: Yes, you know you've got more casual genes focus Okay, ah, slightly more dressy, got it? And then my pile of shorts that I'm not satisfied with any of them.
Speaker 3: I feel that way about my pants. I am much more of a shorts, but I don't know shorts that much. But I feel like I think I have a long torso maybe I don't know. I feel like in pants, my legs are kind of squats. Oh interesting, even though I mostly wear pants. Where are you getting shorts? But all kinds of places. Through my AMEX card, I have a deal quarterly from from lu Lemon. Oh interesting, So I buy my shorts there one pair of shorts every quarter, so four year.
Speaker 2: And this is like a like a casual wear out short, not like ath leisure.
Speaker 3: Not necessarily like an athletic short.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, I just never know what shorts should look like.
Speaker 3: I think I think we're in an era of I'm not even kidding max five inches.
Speaker 2: Right, I agree with this, Yes, Weirdly, because I'm essentially the size of a child, it's hard to get a short that feels They always still feel a little too long, really, and then they start to feel like mom on vacation shorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there is a fine line. But see, I feel that way about pants. I feel like the pants I buy are too long, and even when I get them hemmed. Maybe it's just that the person I'm going to isn't that great, but they feel like they whenever I get them, hem, they feel like they start to like bell bottom.
Speaker 2: Oh. I hate that, unless they don't already have a pan made.
Speaker 3: And it's not how the pant was made. Like I'll get a stunning pair of jeans and then they become bell bottoms.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear.
Speaker 3: Do you have to heal your stuff?
Speaker 2: No? I but I'm very particular about my jeans, especially. I've started going to this weird almost like work clothing store that has a bunch of vintage jeans in East LA that I adore. And it's just kind of this older lady who you know, sells like work pants and stuff. I love her, and she keeps the door locked, so you have to go knock on the door. She lets you in, and then she's very good about telling you if your pants look good or not. I adore, but it's very hard when you're buying vintage jeans, especially it's like they have one in my size and I have short legs and most men are huge, right, so I'm like looking at the pants and they're all like a thirty six length? What am I doing?
Speaker 3: You know, Michelle Collins would tell you would do great at like a sample sale or something.
Speaker 2: Oh, she's kept us from.
Speaker 3: Me, really, because the sizes that are usually there or left over are the very small ones in the very big one. Oh, those are the ones that you can find the best deals.
Speaker 2: Oh this is good to know. Yeah, okay, it was a little let's find one. Yes, let's see the future. This is where we're headed, folks.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, okay, so oh this card has a little bit of a like a green tinted Yeah. This is a very sort of like Augustus Sea Caesar Augustus with uh, what do you call her? The sphinx?
Speaker 2: Sort of the sphinx?
Speaker 3: Yes, and then well two one is winking, the winking sphinx. This is called the chariot. Okay, this is the energy in store for the future. It's time to get crystal clear on your direction. Okay, a little planning goes a long way. Set yourself up for success by putting structures in habit. It's in place now that will bring more ease and support on the road to your goal later you're on the paths of success, Stay focused, determined, and steady. Are you currently moving toward things that fill you with passion? If not, it's time to plot a new course, now is not the time to follow forward your own path. You get to decide where you want to go and how you want to get there.
Speaker 2: Wow, this has been really beautiful. Yeah, I think this has been an absolutely lovely reader.
Speaker 3: You got three really good cars.
Speaker 2: He's going to turn me into a monster, I think. So it's amspolutely impossible to deal with.
Speaker 3: I'm on my own hat. Move.
Speaker 2: I'm an individual.
Speaker 3: That's right, get out of here. It's like that, did you ever go through this when you came out that you you know, you had like a laden adolescence in other words.
Speaker 2: Right, totally did you have that? Yeah? Of course.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm still going through I feel like gay men are just like unless you were born after twenty ten. Yeah, it's just like, well now I'm just essentially eighteen for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Ye, because you're like I was robbed. I was absolutely brow same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Let me play a video game, let me screw around non stop.
Speaker 3: I have a fun crush. Yeah. Let me be just mean as shit to you.
Speaker 2: That's the one thing I well, I guess I do gossip a lot, me too, But I'm not mean. I'm not a mean I know a lot of mean ones met.
Speaker 3: Honestly, it goes back to the Fourth of July parties.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I think the start.
Speaker 3: Yeah mean gay boy do they flock to those? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Wow, now you've really unlocked something new.
Speaker 3: That is because to get that body Instagram photos.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing the photos and I'm thinking I wish I was there, but I also don't want to be there.
Speaker 3: I would never do that. I can't imagine to be honest.
Speaker 2: And getting your photo taken at the same.
Speaker 3: Time, would never do. I would never put my arm around a friend or acquaintance who did never shirt on ever, for sure do you?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely yeah in a speedo nonetheless in front of a camera.
Speaker 3: No way in hell would that happen.
Speaker 2: I just couldn't do it. Ever, No, I was like, who is that breacher?
Speaker 3: I would honestly think someone is fully, someone is not on their own path right now, someone is a follower and has lost the plot. Yeah, because the same with me. I couldn't imagine it.
Speaker 2: Wow, yeah, yeah, that would be That would be a whole new me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and even the people I like I sometimes have. It's been a while, but I used to go on New Year's with like five gay friends to palm springsers things. I mean, we are never knew ites on age, Like that's how we're doing.
Speaker 2: I don't know how you get into it. Yeah, yeah, and God blessed everybody. Do your own thing of do your own things. Just don't invite me to your parties. Don't leave me home to.
Speaker 3: Cry, that's right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and judge you always do your own thing so I can judge.
Speaker 3: You, yes, exactly, because without you doing, without your freedom, I have no perspect.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 3: So this is a real it's the you know what I mean, it's the it's the cycle of life. It's it's the packing.
Speaker 2: Order, absolutely, the chain. Well, this is such a beautiful gift. I'm so thrilled about this. Now, what has to happen to this particular deck going to be reused? Does that have to be burned?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that's a good question.
Speaker 2: I guess it'll just be you. We'll set it up here. Yeah, that's fine, and then if there's a guest that feels like really boring, we'll pull them out.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 2: Or let's caveat, or a lost loser shouldn't be here.
Speaker 3: That's true. Anyone who's really down in the dumps. Yeah, we we give you give.
Speaker 2: A reading listener the next episode. I read the guests Tarot. You know they're a complete loser period.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, they're the mom in little House on the print. That's what they're bringing to the table.
Speaker 2: Before we get into all of my exciting game and novelties, I want you to promote something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm making my off Broadway debut.
Speaker 2: It's just unbelievable.
Speaker 3: No other way to say it. There simply isn't another way.
Speaker 2: There's kind of not another option.
Speaker 3: I get to speak French in that sentence. I get to do all kinds of things. It's called are you mad at Me? Okay? It's seventy minutes, which we love, the.
Speaker 2: Perfect time I would leave after seventy seventy one. I'm leaving the.
Speaker 3: Theater seventy minutes at seven pm?
Speaker 2: Is there anything This is my dream show?
Speaker 3: Is there anything better?
Speaker 2: I get to eat dinner at five, yeah, I get to be home by nine.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's everything you want. And it's essentially a panic attack on stage for seventy minutes. It's very musical, it's very interactive. I tell people it's like sleep no more, but for people pleasers.
Speaker 2: Oh this sounds great.
Speaker 3: It's just great. And I'm doing it in Soho at the Hero Arts Center. From it's only thirty shows from July tenth to August fifteenth.
Speaker 2: Thirty shows. That's a lot.
Speaker 3: It's a lot. But I did Edinburgh last year, so I got a taste of it.
Speaker 2: Which how many did you do that?
Speaker 3: Something like that? Like twenty six? Yeah, this is so excited, very excited.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I wish it was.
Speaker 3: In New York too. Can I send you an invite for opening night anyway, even though you're.
Speaker 2: Not going to be there, just so I feel inclined.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exclude yeah, exactly, and.
Speaker 2: Then I'm going to accept and become a problem. Yeah, I'm gonna show it has a problem.
Speaker 3: You're only ever this solution. You're gonna are you mad at me? Showed our comfort tickets? But Bridgard, Yeah, to me, you are the You're you're a Broadway start.
Speaker 2: To me, I'm a Broadway listener. You have to go to the show in my stead. I'm not in New York right now, so go see it. Oh I'm so excited for it.
Speaker 3: Thank you. Yeah, I'm excited too.
Speaker 2: All right, let's play some games.
Speaker 3: I'm with it.
Speaker 2: I mentioned before we started recording, we might play two games or to a game. In a new segment, we'll see. These are new things that Ellis and I were kind of experimenting with on the Patreon episode we did. This first one is called invite list. I'm going to start naming celebrities. You're planning a party. Yeah, you get to invite ten people to a party, so you have to say invited or not invited, and once you get to ten, that's the party.
Speaker 3: Got it? Okay, that's fine, Okay.
Speaker 2: Okay, and Elis, you'll be keeping track. Okay, Great Lord not invited, Liz Cheney not invited, Rowan Atkinson you invited, Frank Ocean invited, Eddie Redmain not invited, Alec Baldwin not invited, Arianna Grande not invited, Michael Phelps uh not invited, to me more invited, bon Jovi invited, Tim Cook.
Speaker 3: Not invited, George W.
Speaker 2: Bush not invited, Hayley Bieber not invited, Jenny McCarthy not invited, Keiki Palmer invited, Zendaya invited, Jennifer Lopez not invited, Jennifer Garner not invited, Jennifer Hudson invited, Jennifer Andiston invited, LaToya Jackson invited, wax A Hatchie not invited, The Weekend not invited, Florence Pugh not invited, Simone Biles invited. All right, that's you were laser accurate on it.
Speaker 1: I am.
Speaker 4: I don't even I didn't even have time to write the first two down, Like I was like, okay, I'm gonna I'm gonna say each number, and I'm also going to write things down, and clearly I.
Speaker 2: Failed at my mission.
Speaker 4: So I only have Dememe mour On.
Speaker 2: We got Rowan Atkinson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right, was it?
Speaker 2: Frank Ocean? Yes, that happened, Thank you?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 2: What a party? Can we hear this list? Read back?
Speaker 3: It was great?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, So we have Ron Atkinson, Frank Ocean, Demi moour Bon, Jovi, Keiki Palmer, Zendia, Jennifer Hudson, Jennifer Aniston, LaToya Jackson, and Simone Biles.
Speaker 2: What a group.
Speaker 3: I love that. I gotta say that is a fun group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a fourth of July to remember.
Speaker 3: I feel like no one at this party, no one at any party has to do any work. If Keky Palmer's there.
Speaker 2: Oh no, you know what I mean, Oh, she's I mean I think that she has a generous spirit, so funny.
Speaker 3: She's hilarious, she's an anecdote for everything. She should sit right in the middle. To be honest, absolutely, she would facilitate it. I would have to do practically. I would have no stress knowing that she's at that part.
Speaker 2: I almost feel guilty asking her to come because she's going to work for her Yeah. Yeah, but she loves it, obviously, I think she does. That's so it's her fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well that was excellently played, just beautifully played. All right. Now this new one is a segment called It's only Polite. Now, this is what you're going to do. You're going to tell me like a new manner or something polite people should be doing. I'll give you an example. This is when I think that we need to I noticed this yesterday. I think it's only polite that when you're at a red light and the person in front of you does not move forward at the green light, not one honk, it should be two honks. One honk is angry.
Speaker 3: I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think if you do two honks, it's a nudge. I'm doing it all the time to be honest constantly. I don't feel like a threat. I think I'm just letting them know I'm behind them. But one honk, it's an immediate I think it's very aggressive. You should never do a one honk unless you're planning to get in a fight pla person.
Speaker 3: And people say that they just tap on their horns, they don't. One honk to me does feel very aggressive in the way actually that I now maybe am such a delicate flower that occasionally in emails I think one exclamation point instead of two is a statement.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I mean this is inflation. I know because there was a period when we didn't even have to do one exclamation point post.
Speaker 3: By the way, most straight guys do not do any.
Speaker 2: I until probably six years ago, I did not use exclamation points in anything.
Speaker 3: I made it a point. At one point, I made it a point to stop using exclamation points. I thought I would be able to regain some kind of power, be taken more seriously in this world. And I said to myself, I am not doing this. It got to I've just started feeling like a deck interesting.
Speaker 2: Well now I feel like a dick if I don't use them. Yeah, and I with exclamation points. And something else that I've had to kind of catch myself on is I'll respond sure, and people think that I'm just like sure, I'm saying it in a positive way. Yep, I'm saying sure, let's do it. But because I don't have an exclamation point on it, and I actually think sure, exclamation points seems like you're attacking the person. Yeah, I don't know how. I don't know how to use the word sure anymore. I agree it's not fair because I don't speak in exclamation points.
Speaker 3: No, I don't either. Uh hmm. Maybe I think you do on occasion.
Speaker 2: I think you have a healthy relationship with the exclamation But in emails, if you don't use them, you are being rude.
Speaker 3: So I'll tell you. I am so tired of being polite in emails and not polite. I shouldn't say that I'm always polite in emails. I'm so tired of having to if I need something to bookend it with really great stuff like hey, oh my god, like this was so great, thank you so much. I actually wasn't crazy about the da da da da da, but it doesn't matter because I know I will be and I do it every time. And by the way, if I were receiving it, i'd want it. I'd run to receive it that way, right, of course, it's just dis exhausting.
Speaker 2: You're much better at emailing than me. I'm a pretty sloppy email I don't believe that. Oh, well, you have an.
Speaker 3: Email just ma that's you know, we haven't. We haven't had an email relationship, that's true.
Speaker 2: I've had a lot of you know, feedback which I have not received. Yeah, I've just continued to email however I want, and people can deal with it. I did think of something, Okay, let's hear it. I actually, and I will say, this was deeply unfair of me to just be like.
Speaker 3: Now you have not at all, no, because you going first gave me all the time in the world. I think it's really impolite to invite me on your balcony and not for a drink or something, and not treat your balcony like part of your home. And by that I mean if you want me to sit on your patio furniture, Jesus, wipe it down. Can you just take a broom, even a broom on the chair, even a broom on the chair. I would be fine with now. I don't remember when I did the podcast before and you used to host it in your backyard. I don't remember sitting on anything dusty. I don't remember there being an issue, Brian.
Speaker 2: That's because I cleaned them off before you came. Okay, even though they're frequently cleaned, I had to make sure. Yeah, it wasn't filthy, because I have some level of class.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was no dust on me. Nothing. If you're going to invite me for a glass of wine out onto your balcony, I just, first of all, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sure you know, very nice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, even though I probably brought the wine. Sure, lovely view though, that's true. But just take a broom, a brush, a wipe, anything.
Speaker 2: Truly, get a dishrag anything. It takes ten seconds.
Speaker 3: Yeah, put a towel down. I mean really, I'm baseline, just the basics. But I don't like sitting on a balcony and immediately sneezing or being covered in dust.
Speaker 2: Oh right, the pillow ones if you sit down. I don't know the polls correct, dust flies out, get rid of them?
Speaker 3: Yeah, who knows?
Speaker 2: Those are full of like bird skin.
Speaker 3: Just because something's all weather doesn't mean it shouldn't be cleaned.
Speaker 2: No, absolutely, And I'll also say it's kind of satisfying to clean that sort of thing because they do get a little dirty or faster and you get to see it all wipe off. That's right there, you go, a job done. I thought you were going to say, if you take me on to your balcony, kiss me. She's also a nice thing to do.
Speaker 3: Balconies are I mean, Juliette, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: She's a classic.
Speaker 3: I bet she cleaned the first falcony. I'm sure she will. She also had like a housekeeper or a nurse.
Speaker 2: Of the nurse was probably wiping down the.
Speaker 3: I think she was. I think it was thirteen. You know, if we forget she was thirty, she was like seventeen and she was thirteen. Okay, like that.
Speaker 2: Bad boy Yeah, Claire Danes, Yeah, Leo, Leo Bass.
Speaker 3: Bas clar Danes, Leo bas.
Speaker 2: Well, you you played that perfectly. I guess it's not really a game, but that's a very good rule, thank you.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think we've invented two nice manners or reminded people. We're trying to class things up for people.
Speaker 3: It is so curious. So the second beep really is where it gets friendlier.
Speaker 2: Oh? Absolutely. I almost feel like cars should just have two different horns.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: One, it's like a warm you know, it's like with those alarm clocks that are more of like a rather than a negative. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just tap tap, I'm here. Yeah, why not.
Speaker 2: Throw two horns? Give me options?
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: One can be a train horn, one can be just kind of a nice shoulder rub. I forgot to open our final document. We're going to answer a listener question. Okay, this says I am in a college opera program and my classmates are not learning their music. How do I subtly shame them and let them know that I'm better than them while also encouraging them to get with the program? And that's from Web?
Speaker 3: Okay, Web, how do I subtly share? I mean, I assume if you're lodging this complaint, you better be a star in this class.
Speaker 2: I know, what if he's what if he's like a D plus? Yeah, and then suddenly he's totally delusional and he's bossing people around.
Speaker 3: You really really have to have everything backing it up, because I have to say I've been on shows before where there have been and I'm sure you have, Bridger. There have been people who are lazier than others and yet turn out incredible work when it comes down to it. Yes, and it is a frustrating thing. Oh it's the worst.
Speaker 2: See somebody who doesn't have to put in an effort.
Speaker 3: And they're just naturally brilliantly gifted.
Speaker 2: I've never experienced that in any area.
Speaker 3: Of my life. Me neither. It always thinks work.
Speaker 2: I'm breaking my back, Yeah, just to get out of bed, that's it.
Speaker 3: So I A. I hope you. I'm sure you are. If you're a college opera student, A, you have to be really talented. But how do you shame people for some what do you?
Speaker 2: I think you've got to be a shining stars. That's the only way that web can do it is to have the voice of an angel. Yea. Otherwise, what are you going? You can't If you're saying it to shame them, you're not really backing it up in any way.
Speaker 3: Now, you're a nuisance, you could say, but see, you'd have to make this lie up at least once a month or every week. You could say, like, did you guys hear the Renee Flemings coming next week? To hear us. You know what I mean, if you had, if you had some big opera star every week like waiting for Gupman who has a seat at the table and then just never shows up, they would maybe be shipshame.
Speaker 2: Kind of become a known liar exactly, but slowly be pushed out of the program and then get a regular job. Because you've done this to yourself.
Speaker 3: I can't name one other living person who's an opera.
Speaker 2: The fact that you were able to get to Fleming, that was it.
Speaker 3: Because Pavaratti I think is dead, rip is he's probably.
Speaker 2: I really I hope he is.
Speaker 3: I really hope.
Speaker 2: So that show off, Yeah, let's see alive and dead in two thousand and seven, age seven, Oh on that long ago. Yeah, he's been gone a while and long enough for to forget that he died.
Speaker 3: I guess. I mean he lives on, clearly, he lives on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we are glad he is no longer a threat.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, it's a rene lement to Renee Fleming's career exactly.
Speaker 2: Is a close call, No, I think web First of all, just mind your own business. You know, obviously you're feeling very insecure about your voice and you're just trying to bully other people to make yourself feel better. You're writing into a podcast about other people's voices, trying to silence other people. Right, I think that's again classless. I wouldn't mind just losing Web as a listener entirely.
Speaker 3: Sure you are throwing the book at this person.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't know what to say. I've never been in an opera program. I'm sure it's very difficult.
Speaker 3: I'm sure it's pretty cutthroat. Yeah, and I.
Speaker 2: Should have it should I ever join one. I should have the option to be lazy and not do my job without some Web nosing around.
Speaker 3: I'm sure there's technique. I'm sure there's there a lot of technique fault, but you either have it or you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not you're not building the opera voice.
Speaker 3: No, you're maybe becoming more familiar with the classics.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, no, No, nobody's just got it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I might.
Speaker 2: Have you ever given me a chance?
Speaker 3: Do you sing?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't even sing happy birthday?
Speaker 3: Really, if someone were to ask me about your go to karaoke song, I would have no idea. Oh my god, yeah I would.
Speaker 2: I mean, I would say private dancer. It's a good karaoke song, but I cannot. I realized recently. I was like, oh, a huge part of my brain is devoted to lyrics of songs that I can't sing. Yeah, that I've listened to and loved, But should the moment come for me to sing them, it just won't.
Speaker 3: Right because all I want to sing is like Mariah and Whitney like that's obviously mine is a much lower pa. No, oh, I would never. I would never, or like you know what I mean. I the songs that gravitate you have powerful vocals that I cannot deliver.
Speaker 2: It right, and I just literally can't sing. So I've just got a whole encyclopedia of words in my head that can't be used. What a waste of a life.
Speaker 3: That's terrible, A wasted life that's terrible. Well, speaking of Eddie Redman.
Speaker 2: You know now, of course Eddie didn't get invited.
Speaker 3: He didn't Maybe next year, I doubt it.
Speaker 2: Brian, I've had such a wonderful time with you. Oh my god, I'm so happy when you're here. Thank you for being here, thank you for having me listener. The podcast is slowly creeping to a close. There's nothing you can do. It's out of your hands. I'm taking control. I'm turning it off. Get out of here. I love you, goodbye. I said, No Gifts is an exactly right production. Our senior producer is Ellis Nelson, and our episodes are beautifully mixed by Ben Holliday. The theme song is by Miracle Worker Amy Mann, and we couldn't do it without our booker, Patrick Cottner. You must follow the show on Instagram at I said no Gifts, that's where you're going to see pictures of all these wonderful gifts I'm getting. And don't you want to see the gifts? Well, I invited you, hear.
Speaker 1: Gonta made myself perfectly clear. When you're a guest to my home, you gotta come to me empty. And I said, no gifts. You're our presences presents enough and I already had too much stuff, So how do
Speaker 2: You dare to survey me