Speaker 1: There was the problem, we're taking money and we're back.
Speaker 2: Well where were we really?
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, it's Joe Gadder from Two Cool Moms. I'm here with my friend.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in the set of Two Cool Months, I was just wishing I was here, and you're just Joe.
Speaker 2: So we're here. It's so good to see you. Hey, guys, look, we're all here, and you're here. You're here here, Steve.
Speaker 1: Bird too, Cool Moms. Thank you so much for listening. We appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Guys. We are in the thick of it. We really are. There has been.
Speaker 1: So many dilemmas being thrown our way, and we've been solving problems, a tsunami of them, if you will.
Speaker 2: It's like Moses parting there. We're right in the thick. That's it.
Speaker 1: We're holding it down as Gandolf, you shall not pass in these problems. And then we're all the surf boards in the tsunami of life. And that's what I've always said.
Speaker 3: Oh, you've always been consistent in that. In that regard is one thing I've never not said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever not said that. We've been surfboards in the tsunami of life. Oh, Stephen, you if we were just speaking of this in my home about if you're if it came down to it and you had to like protect your family or deal with not protect, like as if somebody's coming to hurt them, or like, okay, uh, there was you know, an earthquake or a disaster or something. You'd have to be in charge and do this. How much would your significant other trust that you knew what you were doing and or follow.
Speaker 2: You someone's doing maybe one or two most likely me.
Speaker 1: Would you just say, Jess, get us out of this and just hold on. I'll carry the kids.
Speaker 3: The opposite, Yeah, I mean Jess would be the one and be like, Okay, this is what we're doing, and I'm okay, guys, just just.
Speaker 2: Listen to the mom.
Speaker 3: We're prepared for this, and I'll carry I'll be a row I'm the donkey, I'll hold stuff and you all get out.
Speaker 2: I would just be dropping dogs in a backpack. Oh my god, I'd have to be opening it with like all these pops you have. Yeah, and in the sanctuary we got like like thirty Yeah, Jess Jess is the uh she does everything.
Speaker 1: Did you when you were younger, did anything happen in your house that there was like a scare or anything like that, or anything like that when you were younger that you remember your your parents had to jump into action.
Speaker 2: I only had one thing that remind we.
Speaker 1: Thought we thought there was gunfire, but it ended up being uh, some uh rap scallions throwing U excuse me.
Speaker 2: What? And I searched for that word you told me looking for it? Is that a real word? Rap scallion? Yeah? That's like a rabble rouser, right, a rap scallion, like a little little bit rap scallion. Though I thought it was something else. Have you tried the rap scallions? Uh?
Speaker 1: Today's specials rap sky and look it up?
Speaker 4: Is a.
Speaker 2: Wow? That is it rap rip raps scallion? Would it be? So?
Speaker 1: So there's there's this gang of raps scallions and uh they we had remember those old screen doors that were half ten on the bottom and the top of the screen.
Speaker 2: So they threw some rocks at.
Speaker 1: The door and they hit the door ding ding, think, and we didn't know what the hell was And my dad runs the doors and sees these kids running.
Speaker 2: And my dad was big scary gentleman.
Speaker 1: He was like six foot three, right. So he runs out and he runs to the gate and says, he says, well I get you know, get out of here.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: And my brother in law, who was dating my sister at the time, Vinnie Big vin Is, comes running out behind my father to like protect the house. And I was right with them, ran out and my dad just looks. Vinnie opens the door and he goes get him, and Vinny just starts.
Speaker 2: Right and he's a big guy. Yeah, and they took off. They took off.
Speaker 1: He caught one, did yeah, and he dragged them back to the house and we realized it with these he realized was like these little kids. So we just like run them in, and you know, my dad just called the police to He said the cops, that would you want to just scare them so they know I'm not the message place.
Speaker 2: So as the cops, the kid was like mouthing off to Vinnie. He's like, he assaulted me. You know, I'm gonna You're gonna go to a prison.
Speaker 1: And Vinnie, who was just started dating my started dating my sister at the time, goes, you think it, I'm scared I'll go back like that, but he just said it.
Speaker 2: I had my sister call.
Speaker 1: I was like, my mother looked at Call and call what like like you're just saying it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but uh, that was the only thing I remember.
Speaker 1: At my house, we were like, oh, oh something you know, springing into action.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember.
Speaker 3: I don't know anything at our home that we sprang into action over. But I remember I was on. Everybody else in college was going to Florida or Texas for spring break, and me and my two roommates we went to Canada. We're like, let's just go the opposite. Let's still where nobody's going. Yeah, We're like, let's go to Toronto. So we went to Toronto. We had a blast.
Speaker 2: It was, it was. It was a total good time.
Speaker 3: But remember one day we were walking along this main drag and you just hear this yelp like this this high pit like that, and we all turned and looked and and this woman got drilled by a car like she got chucked up in the air. I saw food flying. She must have been getting her lunch. Whatever food's flying.
Speaker 2: She hits the ground.
Speaker 3: We like run over and we see this jeep take off, and I just like leath the weapon did like Mel Gibson, I got in the and I am just sprinting down the street and I was like forty pounds, like zoo. And I rushed down and I catch this guy like he's in traffic, and I go, you hit that woman.
Speaker 2: You turn around right now, turn around, turn around.
Speaker 3: He goes, well, I got to turn around, and go I'll do it right now. And I stood in the middle of the road. It is like a main drag in Toronto, like like here in New York. Right, I go, go ahead, turn around, turn around. The light turns green. He floors it, so I take off after him again. One of my other roommates is trying to catch up and he's like he was like fat.
Speaker 2: He's like, I can't do it. I'm going up.
Speaker 3: And I get up to him to the next light, and I wasn't gonna do the same thing. So I ran inside to a bank. I go, that guy hit a car, give me your phone, and I called the cops and I wrote down the license plate and I said which direction is that? They're like north, I go what street? And then whatever, So I gave all the information of the cops. I go, this red jeep hit this woe and then that I ran back and an ambulance was putting her into the into the thing. That that was like the one time I like, wow, you're really right into action. But I I hope they caught the guy. Yeah, that was That was really my only like heroic But you see a woman get plowed by a jeep but you're getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna run after and write down the letters of a license plate like a real hero.
Speaker 2: That's what you're gonna do. You're not gonna go and you're not gonna try to open the door or whatever. No, I'm not gonna assault hire do that. No, you like, I'll write a stern letter. I will write a stern letter to the DM vehicles.
Speaker 1: I I had the only time I had to spring in that bad was I told you about the I told you about the rundown. I had it Ross for Less no back, and I was working in l A. I was working at north Strom, Okay, and I used to park at Ross for lees because you can park for free there and they used to charge your five bucks to park in the mall parking lot at the growth growth. Yeah yeah, so I used to like just park at Ross for less.
Speaker 2: So I'm going to look for a park It's about a Ross for Less and a guy Russ.
Speaker 3: Well Ross, you know, plus I eat at McDonald's. But so, yeah, I'm at Ross.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I was at Ross. Does it say for less underneath it? I think it does Ross for Less, but you should just say Ross. Yeah, okay, So I'm at Ross. Guys, what you want? You missed the next to did it? Did the TJ Max? Okay? Yeah? All one shopping center?
Speaker 1: So I'm at Ross And as as I'm going to uh find a parking spot, a guy there's a in front of me. There's like an old school like civic with the passenger door open, and it's just slow rolling. And then a guy comes flying out with a fists arms full of goods and dives in the car.
Speaker 2: It slams and takes off out of the parking on song go what the hell's does?
Speaker 1: And as I'm slowly driving, a security guard stops in front of my car and goes stop, and then another one opens my my passenger door, jumps in and goes follow that car, and the other guy jumps in the back of security office security not cops, no security officer, and I go okay, and we start chasing this chasing the civic and we're through the streets LA, right, but they don't know it's me because they don't know I'm an unmarked vehicle, so they.
Speaker 2: Don't know that the guy's got in my car. Whatever.
Speaker 1: So the guy lays my seat back. The security guard who's sitting shot the sea bag goes, Okay.
Speaker 2: What we're gonna do, and he goes, I'm going to I have this.
Speaker 1: Uh he has one of a box cutter. He goes the next light we get to, I'm gonna jump out. I'm gonna slash his tires. Jesus like this sounds like a plan, right, yeah, And so as they're going, he's talking in the one guys from one guy's in the back, and the guy goes, you know, he's like, he's like in pursuit, and he reads the license plate out too, He's like in pursuit, you know, in pursuit, uh, you know, white Honda Civic r x V four two two. And then oh, he's calling it in and the guy in the back goes copy. He's not swear to God over the walking talking like what.
Speaker 2: The So I was like, all right, this is gonna be fantastic. What happened.
Speaker 1: So the light turns red. The guy pops out of my car and he runs up next one. He starts trying to slash the guy's tires and the guy sees this, uh the the the purp sure and he guns it, runs the light whatever.
Speaker 2: So the guy comes running back. His pants will fall and he was a bigger dude, right. He comes in, he's like oh, and he's like all right. I was like, I said, I'm not gonna run the light and chase this guy.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like he thinks you know, so I said, oh, man, I go, I think this one got away from us. And the guy looks from us, he goes, yeah, I include myself. He goes yeah, could you just drop us back off at the Ross far Less?
Speaker 2: He said, Ross for Less. By the way, you dropping the back off.
Speaker 1: I ended up just in silence driving these two defeated guys back there.
Speaker 2: That's how I sprung an action. I was with my son recently at Lids.
Speaker 3: Iph Lids Lids for More.
Speaker 2: They're expensive.
Speaker 3: I love lidds and we are inside and my son's like, oh, can I get this hat?
Speaker 2: Dad? I go, yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 3: So we walk over to the register and we're waiting to pay. We're next to line, and this guy comes in and he's rapping like really loud, like obnoxiously loud, like a spectacles, a spectacle, Yeah, and just goes over and takes four hats and just walks out, and like because he was making spectacle, everybody stops.
Speaker 2: We're like, what's going on here? Like, and the dude just walked it.
Speaker 3: So we're waiting to pay, and then the guy just walked out, just took the four hats he wants, and then I'm like looking and I'm like and the guy's like, okay, next, and I was like no, Like I'm not gonna no, I put it back.
Speaker 2: But I was like, why would.
Speaker 3: I pay when you're just letting people like I was just the principal, and I understand, like they're the employees are told not to go and pursue or whatever, but still it was just like I was just sitting there, like.
Speaker 2: It's a weird experience for you.
Speaker 1: Why am I going to pay my harder money, Yes, my harder money for this overpriced cap?
Speaker 2: Yeah, very overpriced.
Speaker 3: Yeah, hats were like twenty five dollars pre pandemic, and now they're all thirty eight dollars. You can't get a hat at Lid's cheaper than thirty eight dollars. Really, that's a normal Like it has tough for you too, because you wear a lot of hats. I love hats.
Speaker 2: Caps.
Speaker 1: You're a director, you're a producer, you're a comedian, your father, your lover, you're a fighter.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of for you. Jeep chaser international, you're.
Speaker 1: An athlete, you're an international man of mystery and international.
Speaker 2: Did you have to call seven to one in Canada? How does that work? Is then one the number? I don't. I asked the woman at the bank to whatever, receptionist whatever, and they were probably all sorts of like polite, like what you see the score the leaves game. So that was I think those are the only two.
Speaker 3: There was one time my brother my father would take my brother and I to the Clarion River. We get these light preservers and we just float down the river. And my brother is three years younger than me. It was fun, though, just floating down the river.
Speaker 1: That sounds as lazy parenting your parents like put this, we'll see that.
Speaker 2: Flow with us. It was I loved that. I thought it was cool, my brother. But you hear you hear yourself like this is a funny sentence. Yes, yes, but he is foot.
Speaker 3: His foot got caught in a rock, and my father and I are floating and you just hear get and we turn around and there's like this little wave of like water over his head and he's popping up and he's trying to catch his breath. And my dad turns around and he starts trying to swim up swim upstream salmon, and I'm like, I'm seeing it. I'm like, oh my god, So my dad's trying to swim, and I am I'm probably ten years old at the time. I got to the side of the bank and I just ran up the side of the bank running.
Speaker 2: You look to Tea two and then I I'm like the Asian tea too.
Speaker 3: And then I then I got to where he was and I jumped in and I kind of like started swimming towards him and got underwater and dislodged his uh, his foot and saved my brother's life. And knowing what I know now, I should have fucking let him drive A hundred percent. I would not I would never have a gray hair on my head. My forehead would be so much smaller. I lost so much hair, and the night's over, my over my little brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I love how you and I asked you about your story of heroisms acts of heroism on two cool moms. The first one you were, that's a full blow hero saved your brothers, like the other one you were like, I ran and made a phone call in Canada, I.
Speaker 2: Mean a n one in Canada. Yeah, or I don't underwater and saved a human's life.
Speaker 3: W Yeah, he wouldn't. He wouldn't. He knows it happened, but he would never be like, oh, yeah, my.
Speaker 2: Brother saved my life. Yeah, we wouldn't do it. Wouldn't do it never. Yeah, foot stuck under a rock. That seems very movie like. Yeah, it would seem very little convenience.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but his foot did because because every now and then you hit these little pockets and you can kind of like moon walk or whatever.
Speaker 2: But he just, uh, just because your feet would touch a certain points and then. But but this is what happens, you know. This is why I don't let my kids float in a river. Guys.
Speaker 5: So this is just all your parents know home. They're just throwing kids and remember, let him float. Let this be less Let this be the lesson. My dad's a horrible fom. Okay, but that's we're not talking about dad.
Speaker 2: Now, talk about Too Cool Moms, talking about mom.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for submitting your dilemmas here at at two Cool Mom's Pod, either on Instagram or at too Cool Mom's Pod at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Email on them in. We love you. Thanks for the love and support. We appreciate you all. And let's get to it. Let's solve some props. Joe, here we go.
Speaker 3: You're a man of many towns many I know you said I wear many hats.
Speaker 2: You you know.
Speaker 3: Obviously we're in different tax brackets. You're you're more clairvoyant than I am. People have always said this about you, and I think this question in particular is directed towards us, is coming to us from Valerie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know what I need advice on, so please help me. That's it. That's it. You know what I need some help on flea, So please help me. Right, No, I know what needs help with.
Speaker 1: All Right, Well, I'm gonna shoo you stight because most of you friends won't tell you tell you this. It's because your breastings. Okay, so get out there, brush the choppers, and everything will be much better. We have more friends, You'll be able to interact more socially. You get that job promotion. All all be roses. Just you gotta get up in there with the colgates.
Speaker 2: And it's not as easy as brushing. You're gonna fluss.
Speaker 1: Yeah, gotta get in there, get underneath, because the rotting food is really what makes the stank.
Speaker 2: And you got some caught and.
Speaker 1: Some you have some pockets from some capital pockets. Gotta be careful.
Speaker 3: I wear these damn and visil lines and it's the bane of my existence, right you do? Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah? Because this tooth Wait, this this tooth is fake? How long you been wearing it? Uh? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Well I had I had uh these other ones for like two years.
Speaker 2: No, and it didn't work. That isn't true. I've never seen you pop your teeth out. Oh yeah, I know, but I eat with you a lot. You don't have to do it now.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: I was washed my hands and then I got I pop them out. When did you pop them out? We just had lunch. When did you where'd you put them? Remember? When I went to go I wrap you in and then I put them in pocket.
Speaker 6: I told use, you should do in a quick peeps, but you're doing a quick pot. But I wear these what was my points? I wear these damn it visilies. So they shift your teeth like every week you can feel them kind of shifting or whatever. And and and what I realized is like all of a sudden, these gaps are created in the because always.
Speaker 2: And you have little foods stuck in there. How you get get a pumper nickel back? Then, oh painful sesame seed. But there's something so satisfying when you when you make a pull.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like when you do the cue tip, you're like yellow, like, yeah, I got it all.
Speaker 1: When you get a good booger, yeah right, like we get a good like you got a hog crust older, No, like a crusty like you feel all crusted up. And then you get up in there and it's like bink and you're good and you do it right on right in the airplane.
Speaker 2: Binks do that sometimes. You know, it's easy for me to pick you a nice roll. I could. I'm the only guy I know.
Speaker 1: Like he use his whole fist when he picks his nose excuse me, use my old huge nose.
Speaker 2: Like I feel something just like the camel Joe. Yeah, that's right. Yeah, I love a good floss fluses to well. I have a water pick too.
Speaker 1: I was just gonna say, I was literally gonna say that the thing that I bought and not used the most of my life is I've bought and not used a water pick, full blown, unpackaged.
Speaker 2: Not putting on the site, and not used four to five times in my life. It's the best feeling I know. People love it. I put warm water in it. Oh because it's warm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's like it's like a treat. It's like a jacuzzi in your mouth.
Speaker 2: Put warm water in.
Speaker 3: It's like hold it and then just blast away. You feel it all and then you just like you open your mouth like you last that warm.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, there's a lot of like food in there. You get some warm blasting in the morning to start your day.
Speaker 2: It's great. Did you know a nice warm blasting? Did you? Uh? Who put you onto the water pick? The missus or the dentist.
Speaker 3: You know, you know what I needed? It is when I I broke my jaw.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: So from that long ago, from that long ago. Really when I broke my jaw. My my jaw is wired shut, and oh that's how you have to do it. So I would I would have these milkshakes and I would throw cookies in there, so I get all these bits of cookie in there and I.
Speaker 2: Just water pick it all out. Oh my gosh. And so ever since then, I or all the boys to the god.
Speaker 1: Your cookie dought mouth bore all the boys of the odd did you You're not supposed to cookies in the double because you're supposed to chew.
Speaker 2: Oh, I see what you're saying, like crumble, Yeah, it would.
Speaker 3: All get yeah, oreo chips, holy, all of it. Oh yeah, I would do sprinkled cupcakes. Oh really, buy me downtown La when when it happened.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh my good.
Speaker 3: I get fresh bake cookies right downstairs at Ralph's six and Hope is where I lived.
Speaker 2: It was great, fantastic. Yeah, that's not.
Speaker 1: A milkshake though. Everycomes like a fat smoothie. That's like my it's my version of a smoothie. People like I'll take a kale and spinach. I'll be like, I'll take a cupcake and chocolate chip cookie.
Speaker 2: Though, thank you. It was the best.
Speaker 3: When you when you break your dawn, you can't eat, you don't You don't realize, like as a normal human being, how much advertising there is about like food. So when you can't eat, you're constantly seeing like Golden Corral, Wing Buffet, Pizza Hut, Domino's, Papa John's, McDonald's, BK and you're just like, oh god, I do anything for any of this stuff. So I just dump everything I could in those uh, in those smokeshakes.
Speaker 2: How much did you lose when you did that? You had to have big weights.
Speaker 3: I was down to one sixty five American sorry American.
Speaker 2: Pounds or what are we talking?
Speaker 3: Definitely pounds? Yeah, wow, I got gaunt. I looked like Christian Bale on the Machine. Did it was like it was bad? Yeah yeah, because.
Speaker 1: It looked like Burt Kreischer in the Machine.
Speaker 2: Wow, that was a good one because he's a bigger bad than that. I think we've got our social clip. Yeah. My line was they were recast in the movie Philadelphia. I could have been na Yeah, okay, well val you know, oh Joe knows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm hey, listen, take your time, figure it out, get advice from people you trust, that's it.
Speaker 3: It's coming to us from Alexa, Ola Ola to my favorite mama Sidas. I'm not Spanish, but I just thought it was fun. Anyways, I have two questions. First, if you both separately won the lottery, what would you do with it? Second, what's one tangible thing you cannot go one day without? Thank you, mommies for making my days better with your voices. The next time you're both in Vegas, my husband and I would love to take you both out to Delilah at the Wind By the way, that's an awesome spot. It's literally like quality bstro but with like a night life.
Speaker 2: We're going out now.
Speaker 3: Thank you for that offer, Alexa. So if we both won the lottery, what would you do with What would you do with your winnings? And what's the one tangible thing you couldn't go one day without?
Speaker 1: I'd like to play the the lottery game, like everybody says, all same stuff, right, I would do a pay off the house, all those things, right. I would like to think what would be the one thing, like crazy thing that you would do with you'd get Yeah, because I'm gonna do all that stuff, right, How are you gonna treat yourself.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm gonna do. I gonna at stuff.
Speaker 1: I gonna give money to people that care about pay off the house, you know, bills by cars. I think the one thing I would probably do with with it, let's let's say obnoxious amount of on it. Okay, let's say you one two hundred million dollars, take on two hundred million.
Speaker 2: I probably would build my own robot. I'd get a robot built, and I want a robot in my house.
Speaker 3: You would build like fucking Rocky for I would get a robot, yeah, poly yeah, like I think I would get a robot.
Speaker 2: What the robot look like? Like a robot? Or like the AI? No no, no, no, no no, like a robot. I wanted to be. I want people to know what the dealing with when they come in the door.
Speaker 3: Like a Japanese fifties wind up toy robot.
Speaker 1: Somewhere in between, somewhere in between those two. Okay, yeah, more like yeah, probably more like that. Yeah, you wouldn't do like an AI cool like robot. No no, no, I don't want that human.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I want to feel I want to be kitchy like it's see always got a robot? What's going to do though whatever I wanted to really because like a program it, but I would think like I would make it really excited about I would. I would like it probably to bring my my midnight snacks, like I would have it to come cut in my bedroom.
Speaker 2: Because technology, that's it. She could just sit on a couch and have some not the couch in bed, my bane.
Speaker 1: My existence right now in my life is that I sleep with eight dogs in my room.
Speaker 2: Okay, So when I want.
Speaker 1: To get up, when Papa Bear is getting his rumble rumbles in his tummy, he's at ten thirty five pm, Bessie's already out cold. I want to get something to eat. I got to go downstairs and get my own snack when I come back up. If everybody go nuts, everybody has to resettle. It takes weight, does it? Wait, Bessie up? The dog's not really no, No, she's pretty sleep prettymuch. Sure they don't go super crazy, but it's enough that the resettle. They're only I'm eating, so they're all like trying to sit on me. So what I like to do is I would love I had a robot who would just come up stres and bring my ten thirty five pm stack.
Speaker 2: That's the that's that's how you reward. I think that'd be like my that'd be my weird thing. I would spend some winnings on. Yeah, fuck that that's lame. Okay, what's yours? You ready? Go ahead?
Speaker 3: Are you ready? I buy the Batmobile? Okay, I absolutely buy the Batmobile? And I would go were.
Speaker 2: You driving it everywhere in the mellow one hundred percent?
Speaker 3: And and actually it might be a coin flip between the DeLorean or Batmobile.
Speaker 1: Deloorian's type tough for you, a lot of in and out lo what yah got a careful got a canfl with that Batmobile?
Speaker 2: Batmobile's cool? That is Laurien.
Speaker 1: I think as far if you're doing, if you're doing like straight up kee chi like like the Batmobile is like a state.
Speaker 3: I'm going sixties of course. No, you gotta go open top, you know with the with the red globe. Oh my god, you got the fucking defence of the caution thing falling. That's the one you How coolt I mean that's the first car for sure, coolest.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I feel like somebody owns that that won the lottery? Who owns that car? Now? The the you know who own TV.
Speaker 3: One you've done them owns owns the eighty nine Batmobile?
Speaker 1: No, no, I mean the one from like the TV series. Oh yeah, I don't know where that is. I wonder who owns that. Somebody has to.
Speaker 2: I think somebody fired you. I would have said, Duke's a hazard. But you get canceled it.
Speaker 1: You drive that probably because as a huge Confederate confusion car.
Speaker 2: That was pretty cool car. Well you still well.
Speaker 1: The thing was it had a very slide worthy roof, trunk roof like not roof.
Speaker 2: What's the word on the hood? Yeah, the hood was very slide worthy. Yeah, I love that. Do you ever try to slide across the hood?
Speaker 1: I did my first true story, true story dent did my mother's called my father, Hey, my father, maybe pay for it. I ran and I was like trying to be cool and I wanted to try to slide one thing I could conquer right in on my mom's white Saturn, big ass ass print. My dad was like, okay, well you're paying for that, and then I had to go get it done. It was like three hundred dollars and I had to get my I had to get it done.
Speaker 2: I'm a sucker.
Speaker 3: For any movie where it's a comedy and somebody slides across and falls, I will always laugh the best.
Speaker 4: It's a gentleman named Rick Champagne who bought the car for four point two million dollars in the lottery. No, he's an Arizona based logistics company owner. So if you got a logistical problem, people call Rick, and he bought the car for four point two million dollars. Is the original Batmobile the Adam Westman.
Speaker 2: That's so great. You think he's right driving around at full point two. I bet he isn't, but if I was, I would. If you got the money to spend on the bad anywhere, well he probably puts it on gives it on loan to some things too.
Speaker 1: But you know that's a lot of people don't realize that it's an investment because you get you got all back from places that have events, like if they're doing a Batmo Batman's one hundredth anniversary or whatever, they'll call you up and be like, hey, name your prices. Batmobile's got to be here, and then people lease them back for like these big events.
Speaker 4: Car shows will pay to.
Speaker 2: Have it yeap. When I when I when we had Sullivan's Son.
Speaker 3: We we could you could do anything on the warn a lot, right, and they have the Warner Museum. So it was the Christian Bale movies were coming out. Dark Knight Rises and they had this big event where they had all the Batmobiles on display and.
Speaker 2: It was so cool to see the Keaton.
Speaker 3: One, Yeah, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, Uh, then the Tumbler, the tumbling like it was all there was so cool. And they had the uh, the bike, the bat Bike from Dark Knight, Dark Knight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they's cool, fucking They're so cool looking. That is to be able to could you imagine, like that's your job. You had to design that.
Speaker 1: Like it's like, oh, you're the prop You're the prop master for the ship movie, Like god make that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have fun. Even the new the New Batman they had like a muscle car version. Did you see the new one yep yep with Riddler? Yeah, yeah, so awesome. I definitely buy the Bat Movie. So that was a good purchase. Yeah, that's good. Four point two mil.
Speaker 1: You could buy multiple ones of that one two hundred, you could buy both. Probably you could buy the Loreen and that.
Speaker 3: I wonder how much it would be to custom make your own batmobile.
Speaker 2: I've better be cheaper, probably cheap. Yeah, maybe to do a replica.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean the replica you're paying for the kish Yeah yeah, oh at all.
Speaker 2: It's like that's the real one, you know what I mean? Right, fuck it, I just I'd make a replica. That's what I do. The second, what's one tangible thing you could not go one day without? But I mean stay away.
Speaker 1: From the basics like phones, comput or stuff like that, right, think about be a little bit more fun with it. One tangible thing, I would say my three pm coffee. I gotta have my three pm coffee. Really, my midday coffee is defines my day for sure.
Speaker 2: I need it. So your three.
Speaker 3: Pm coffee is like my lunch. Yeah, exactly, Like I cannot wait for that. Yeah yeah, yeah, I have to.
Speaker 1: I have to have a three pig And it also it just feels like you know what, you know what I might I might even say, jiggy a casino coffee. I will say for me when I'm gambling, I love if I have a cup of coffee in my hand. I'm having so much more fun and I actually feel luckier if that makes any sense.
Speaker 2: It doesn't.
Speaker 1: But I just like feel like it's more of a thing if I got my casino coffee. Like if I'm ends up like losing some money at the at a crap, Jiggy's bad with me, a crap. Say, if I end up losing some money, I'll be like, oh, I don't even have a coffee. And then I'm like, oh, I might be you know, but then I'd be like, oh, this was one expensive cup of coffee. But like I think, I think a cup of coffee is a tangible thing. I can't go out with that. Coffee is a big part of my life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you have one in the morning. I have three cups a day. That's not healthy for you, right, I don't know. I don't know much about colleeans, do you ask? Yeah, I love the smell of coffee. Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: That's why you smell my breath all the time, he says, Joe breathing my breathing my face.
Speaker 2: Would you have the hazelnut? I would say a book, I have to have a book, you do, or a documentary. I would say it's a big part of your life. Honestly, I'm not my love docs, but I yeah, I love every time I fly. I have to have a book. Well, both of us. I don't know how our life would be good without movies. Oh, dude, movies are the greatest.
Speaker 1: I don't ah man. I might replace coffee with a movie, really, I might. My movies are such a huge part of my life.
Speaker 3: See everybody watches streaming. You gotta see the show, you gotta see. I'm like, I'll just watch a movie movie.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I just watched The Killing by Stanley Kubrick. Uh, this great kind of like heist film. Yeah, I've never even heard of it, and so I was watching this documentary about it on Stanley Kubrick, and I was like, The Killing. Wow, I got to see that, and remember the Police Chief and Godfather the Pacino Shoots. Yeah, he's the lead in it, and he's young and handsome. Wow, this guy's like charismatic.
Speaker 2: Did you make the connection or you knew that before? I knew it. As soon as I watched it, I was like, holy shit, he's from the Godfather.
Speaker 3: And I looked on my Apple TV because you go out of look and you see the other movie I love. I checked that out and he was he was in it, and he was the lead, and it's one of those endings where it's just like, wow, don't tell people.
Speaker 2: I won't tell you. But it's very like Ocean's eleven really where it kind of hits you like, oh my god. So it's called The Killing. I've never seen that, I should say The.
Speaker 3: Killing great film, black and white and just again like Kubrick, the way he shoots things, it just aesthetically they look unlike any other film.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is about him. Would you say, so, now you have to go Booker movie? Which one? Which is your tangible between Booker movie?
Speaker 3: I'd say I absolutely say movie, because I probably watch one a night or doc a knight when home home and when I'm on the road, I definitely watch, oh for sure a dock room movie after the show's.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's just doing watching a movie with you watching half of them falling asleep?
Speaker 2: Are you not watching it in the bedroom? She doesn't. We film in the bedroom. We don't watch.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of course, like olda documentary the guys getting mind out, the other making a documentary about being married.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, she doesn't.
Speaker 3: She works so hard all day that when it's like eight thirty, she's like good night.
Speaker 2: I'm like, really, you can't watch anything. She's like, I would, but I'm exhausted. Bessie is all dogged out. Same.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like, I'll be up till two or three in the morning.
Speaker 2: What time? Just get up in the morning. She's she's a morning press and I'm not. Bessie's a five thirty five with the dogs. Get up a six six yeah, five thirty six, yeah, which is crazy. Yeah. Yeah. So I'm like, you know.
Speaker 1: But I'm also been. I'm also and you are too. But I think those of our lifestyles, we're night owls. I mean we're getting we're getting on stage at nine pm, you know, eight pm, nine pm. Hmm, I don't know. I would wonder. I mean, all a lot of movies come out of books, but not a lot of not a lot of books come out of movies. There's not a movie first and somebody writes a book about it. Does that ever happened?
Speaker 2: No? Right, that's not a thing, right, a movie to book, book to movie happens. No.
Speaker 4: I actually think that's a very nineteen eighties thing, Like you saw a lot of those like Indiana Jones movies would come out and then they would write the novelization of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how Star Wars came out? No, Star Wars was books too. No, but they would go, oh, you're right, it went back to book.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm an asshole. I'm a complete stupid answer the next question, I agreed with you, but I think there were both assholes.
Speaker 3: All right, this is coming us from Annetta. How do I help a friend get over a relationship? The man she fell in love with had a previous marriage and a child, chose drugs and alcohol, lost that relationship. He would call my friends since they were friends, and get a woman's perspective and advice.
Speaker 2: That's how he got her hooked, lo and behold.
Speaker 3: They started dating and had a kid. The minute he found out she was pregnant. Here you go, this is not funny. I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: The minute he found out she was pregnant, he kicked her out. So it's just so factional. It's still not funny, but it's like, oh my god, that's fucking upful something A short story.
Speaker 3: Then he found out she was pregnant, He kicked her out and she had to move back in with her mom. He's cheated on her, spend all his money on drugs and alcohol, threw away his relationship with her and their kid.
Speaker 2: She's still in love with him and wants to help him. I don't know what to do or say anymore.
Speaker 3: I think I need too cool moms help you guys are older and wiser and maybe can help me out.
Speaker 2: Thank you. Wow, that's a that's a whole morsel of situation going on there. You can only do so much. That's the that's the responsibility.
Speaker 1: Mamma, Steve you you nailed. You nailed the hammer on the head there. He really hadn't head shocked it, Mama say, mama, Mama, Mama says, you're right. I mean, there is literally only so much you could do because at the end of the day, it's not your life, not your problem.
Speaker 2: Like I know, wanting to be there for your friends.
Speaker 1: I've had seen many friends make many bad choices and have had to help them to the best of my ability.
Speaker 2: But there's at the end of the day, there's only so much you could do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could be supportive, you can be there for your friend, but you know she ultimately is going to make these decisions. And I think it's it's that that person is in a difficult situation because not only did she get like dumped and kicked out of the hell, she has a kid with the guy, so I think I think anybody would. And he's not yarning for it too, but he's not right.
Speaker 1: He's probably not helping to pay or anything like that too, so she's probably addicted.
Speaker 2: He's an addict.
Speaker 1: It sounds like, yeah, I've had friends in my life where situations have gotten too big for me to handle, and the only way that I knew how to handle them was remove myself from the situation. I had friends who fell in the you know, mid late nineties, early two thousands, fell in the drugs, and I wasn't a drink taker, but we'd all go out together and have a good time. And it got to a point where I was the only one that was sober, and it started affecting my night and I wasn't having fun. I didn't feel right about any of it, and I was like I had I remember sitting them all down talking to them. It was literally all of them and me, and I was the only one not doing anything. I was like, guys, this isn't fun for me anymore. So I'm not gonna I'm not gonna do this anymore. I said, you know, I wish you guys all the best, but this is not my kind of thing. I love to hang out with you, like, you know, when we're not going out and stuff, but I can't go out anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I remember that talk.
Speaker 1: Right after that talk, one of my friends said, oh, no, I just won't do anything anymore. Then right in that moment, I said really and he he said yeah. He goes like, be losing you or losing this is like, no.
Speaker 2: Way, I did beat you. So I was like, oh, so that was cool.
Speaker 1: So maybe it might be a situation where you can be like, hey, like I've done all I can.
Speaker 2: It's affecting me now. It's hurting me watching you hurt sure.
Speaker 1: I you know, I'm just gonna wish you the best and hopefully you'll be okay. And it might take something like that for her to realize, wow, I need to really think about this in a different way of like the people that love me and support me, you know, are telling me and I'm just it might make their ears open in a different way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you hope. So obviously when there's a child involved, you hope for the best for the kid. But yeah, well that's a tough one. That's a tough one.
Speaker 1: That's a big one. That's what we handle here two cool moms. It's not all bread and butter. It's not all what's your favorite tangible thing or what movie do you like? Sometimes we get into that. We put us sleeves up the weeds. Yeah, they call it the weeds of life.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 1: I would you've done if you feel like you've done as much as you could with this friend, but there also might be more that you can do. Think about what you can do, think about honestly, take a look in the mirror and be like, have I done everything I can to help this person?
Speaker 2: And realize what they could do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you feel like it, you know, I mean they're like you said, there's only so much you can do, and if you feel like you've done everything you can, you just have to exist in this reality for your friend.
Speaker 2: Sure, I can't believe he kicked her out when she was pregnant.
Speaker 1: I mean, that is that's a hard, lower, low life move, you know.
Speaker 2: But hey, we don't have all the information. It's like something you joke about, right, you don't really It's like you wrote that story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, oh the poor girl.
Speaker 2: I hope whomever she is sending love her way.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the good news is it sounds like she's got a great friend.
Speaker 2: That is what we call the silver lining. You know, you are.
Speaker 3: Pretty cool, pretty cool way it's coming to us from Julian. Hey, guys, I have a question for both of you. So right now, I'm a junior in high school and I'm getting kind.
Speaker 2: Of upset at myself.
Speaker 3: In my pe class, I'm always one of the last people picked to be on someone's team, and I understand why because I have terrible hand eye coordination at sports. But I feel like most people in my class could be talking bad about me behind my back because I suck. I was born with spastic cerebral palsy, where my leg muscles are really tight, so it's harder for me to keep up when it comes to moving fast or anything. No one knows though, because it's mild, so I look completely normal. And I don't want to tell everyone I'm unathletic just because I'm disabled, because to me, it seems like an excuse or I or like I want attention. I just want to ask you, guys, if I should be telling people about my disability or if I should just do something else. I hope this wasn't too much to read and isn't a Debbie Downer kind of question. Thanks Julian, that's a that's a thank.
Speaker 2: You Julian for writting in. I appreciate great. This is a good question. Uh, my first thing? Do I tell people about my disability? Okay?
Speaker 1: So the first thing that you have to in my opinion too, is accept your full self, like this is part of you.
Speaker 2: You're not.
Speaker 1: It's it's It's different than keeping like a secret. It's kind of more like this is a part of you and it actually impacts part of your life.
Speaker 2: So people aren't going to see as an excuse. I don't think.
Speaker 1: I think that people will just be more under it, which I hope and I because I hope you're the best humanity. But I think people would understand that, oh, this is the result of something, because I know, if I flip and reverse it, if I miss Elliott this shit and I'm looking at it from the flip side, on the other side of the mirror, saying who's the fairest of them all, I would say it's Julian, because the thing for me is if I knew that he that was the reason I would feel like shit if I was making and I'm not saying that it's making fun of him, but I would feel like shit, and I wouldn't make fun of him, right, So, and he doesn't one hundred percent know that they are making fun of him, but he feels like it. So but I would just say, I think you need to embrace that part of your personality and part of that's part of who you are, that's what you're dealing with, that's your reality. So embrace it and live your life as that person, not trying to put up a front that you are something you're not.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I really respect the fact that Julian.
Speaker 3: Hasn't made himself a victim and like in this day and age, we're just like, oh, I have a slight and here's why you should you know, find solace or you know, give me more likes or whatever the case might be. I really respect the fact that Julian has kind of kept this to himself.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I always just go back to that template of the Rudyard Kipling poem. If and it's talking about you know, it doesn't matter what people say, is it's just about your own truth. The whole poem is just keeping your own truth. It doesn't matter people lie about you, does it. You don't get too high in your horse all these things. I think it's one of those things where it's like going back to what you're saying, Yeah, you know who you are, Embrace yourself, appreciate who you are, and those hiccups make you who you are at the end of the day, and it shapes your outlook on life, how you interact with people. I guarantee Julian's a hell of a lot more sympathetic sure to anybody with a slight than nine times out of ten people, you know. So I think, just live your own truth, go through it, just go okay they don't understand. But it's also like I don't need to brag about it. I just keep to myself it is what it is. There's plenty of things I'm not good at. Yeah, sure, but my wife will tell you, you know, it's you know, where to begin.
Speaker 2: Where to end?
Speaker 1: Really, I would think, I, you know, it's This also brings up another weird point where people who say it doesn't matter what like other people say what other people are saying. But in this in this part, it's affecting his reality in a way, because it's kind of like when somebody says something to you and they don't understand the whole truth, and you have the whole truth right, and you kind of just want to be like stupid, Right, this is why, you know what I mean? So I feel like that's he's dealing with that because it makes it even harder if you understand why and people don't understand why and people are.
Speaker 2: Saying things right.
Speaker 1: So I mean, I just think I just go back to that is who you are, you know, so be your true self.
Speaker 3: But I'll also tell you this, he's got another year and a half of it, So think of it that.
Speaker 2: Think of it that way.
Speaker 3: You got one more year to plow through your junior now, then you'll be a senior. You never have to deal with this shit again, and ten fifteen years from now it'll be a blip on the radar. And again it just shapes your character and who you are and defines you as a person. And I think anytime you have, you know, any hiccup or anything, it just or.
Speaker 2: The hiccups in general, or the hiccups in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it really makes you a more empathetic and sympathetic person as you forge forward in your own life. So as much as it may seem like a handicap, it's actually a strength. I think as you go forward and you're interacting with people and meeting people, especially as you go off to college for sure, the workplace or whatever. So I think you got a bright future ahead of you. Julian, And I think the fact that you've kept this kind of to yourself, it's almost like having a superpower.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's pretty cool. Yeah, so we love you, Julian.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Julian and just I'll never played basketball. Ye, yeah, you suck, especially if it's for like money, like what men can't jump? Like sure, fuck no, you're not my kingbody. You know you're a nice guy. But by the way, i'd be right next to you because basketball is the worst sport for me.
Speaker 2: I'm horrible. Really, is the only one I'm actually not I'm not good at it, so I would get picked less than that.
Speaker 1: Hockey is the number one for you if you have to play, hockey is my number one. Mine's tied between bowling and volleyball. Those aren't sports that says the man who can't play.
Speaker 2: Neither. Should we do what? One more? One more? This is Jiggy telling me this. It's forty five minutes. Hes like this, he goes, there's not even one five and there he goes like that. It's like, what is this? Like this are you doing?
Speaker 1: Are you practicing mining? We should get maybe a light or something. We should make this, we should make this spot like this is I go, there you go.
Speaker 2: That works. That's the way to do it, all right? Last one? Well we got we gotta talk for one more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Emma, not a question, but random idea I sent to Steve Wiley go. I rarely check dm s, so sorry about this. Am I funny idea for our two Cool Moms episode.
Speaker 2: If we think it would be fun, stopped onto this one. Do a different one. This is a real good one. It's gonna take us a while. Okay, we'll do that one tomorrow. Okay, let me do a trying to find a short one and pick it up clean for us too. I mean, they're they're pretty serious after this. Do you want a serious one?
Speaker 1: It could be serious. If it's gonna be the ens, it could be shorter. That other one's like playing a game. Okay, do a clean all right. I think you're saying we have time for one more.
Speaker 3: Okay, this is coming to us from I can't get James. I have a weird one in a million situation. I was on a bachelor party trip to Charleston, Charleston, South Carolina. The groom and other groomsmen were being assholes to me and we were there for four days and the last evening I had enough of it and walked off from the group. I told them I'm heading to this bar nearby and didn't want to talk to them. They kept on trying to talk to me, but I just would stay silent. A couple days later, text, I text them and I'm like ready to talk now. In two days, they decided they couldn't trust me and kick.
Speaker 2: Me out of the wedding.
Speaker 3: I told them, well, then you're gonna just have to pay for this six hundred dollars suit I just got. They told me no at the time, but then I sent a letter acting like I talked to a lawyer. After that they were willing to talk and paid me. It's been almost two months since the wedding. Should I cut my losses and try and not try to mend things, or how do I go about mending things. I've always been closer to the bride than the groom. Wow, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: That is nothing.
Speaker 1: So they kick him out of the He he's not having a good what's going on at the bachelor party that he doesn't like it? Maybe it's getting a little too crazy. It's not for him and not his speed.
Speaker 2: The groom and the other grooms when we're being assholes to me, we're therefore to him. So he's getting picked on.
Speaker 1: He didn't like the way he's being treated. So you have the writer moviees off in that situation. Fine, but he's closer to the bride. Yeah, so maybe they felt obligated to bring him. So that's that's the first part. Yeah, well, how much do you miss the bride? Great, because it all ends with the almost telling sentence at the end there is I'm more close with the bride anyway. Okay, so how much do you miss having the bride in your life as a friend?
Speaker 2: Right? So then dude, cut your losses. Yeah, I would just get out of that situation. For me, there's no mending, there's no need for that.
Speaker 3: She's married, she's gonna be over time. She's going to spend more time with her husband, and just you know that's going to be a problem.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you can check in with their center of text every now. Hi, Kathie, how are your husband?
Speaker 2: Yeah? And just who cares the suit? Take it? Who cares?
Speaker 1: He got the money for it? But you know what, here's something for you. I'm just gonna go there. This this guy pretends to be a lawyer to get a six hundred dollars. That's such a kind of person he is. It's a letter, he says.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean he's just a liar. Yeah, well to suit. I mean that's good. You got your money back. But I think you know you got your money back, you.
Speaker 3: Keep your It's not like you're It's not like you only were going to wear that suit to just one wedding.
Speaker 2: It's not like the Grammys. For sure, You're gonna wear that suit forever. Yeah. No, I think I think I agree. I don't think there's anything to mend here, my friend. I think you move on. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I said, you know, you know, you check out what they say, you know, the because the bride knows the whole situation. I'm sure, you know, yeah, he will used to be in the wedding, now he's not. She had to get the scoop skinny dupe from the friend here from the from the boyfriend turned fiance turned husband.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you turn about face and don't even go to the wedding, yeah, it's like it's over.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think you already. Yeah, you've already decided there's no mending. Yeah, I think maybe here.
Speaker 1: I mean, the only thing that I'm worried about is like, did he what made him say this? Does he not want to look like a jerk? Does he genuinely missed his friendship?
Speaker 2: You know? What's the motivator behind this all? Why do you want to get back into it? For me?
Speaker 1: At this point, I would just like keep going, move on. I think we're an agreeance. Yeah, the too cool moms.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's uh, that's what we call some pretty cool advice from two cool moms.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I know it might not be what you want to hear, but this is just how we play it. It's just nice and cool, cool guys. This is what we do. Guys, moms. That's it.
Speaker 1: The minivan has been started. Thanks so much for listening. We appreciate you and thanks for submitting your questions. Yes, thank you for subscribing. Please and of course come to see us live on the road, Stevie.
Speaker 3: Yes, I have all my dates posted on my website and punch Up Live, and there are specials to punch Up Live. You guys can check out crowd Work, new late night special and we got two Cool Moms Live.
Speaker 2: That's coming up very soon on punch Up Live as well. Yes, and all my tour dates.
Speaker 1: You can see Joe gattooficial dot com coming to a city near you, Ghatto pups and and friends.
Speaker 2: You want to support the cause, help us, help us out with all these puppies. Yes, and said cool mommy, I'll see it next time. All right, we did it next guys,