Speaker 1: Beans on toast, Beans on toast. I'm a madman. I have beans of the roast. I'm a bad man.
Speaker 2: I send beans in the post, Beans in my coat, two beans on the pizza, Beans in the fridge, Beans in the freeze, Beans for the tons, things for the bean bean.
Speaker 1: Who put the keys to my bean of sea? Bag beans? When while I'm sitting on the bean.
Speaker 2: Of Colado, spread the beans, connect the beans, inject the beans. Do be accepting beans?
Speaker 1: Extra beans. I'm obsessed with beans. If you see what I mean? Went Chicago, What bean to the bean?
Speaker 3: Good morning, sweet beans and lot of the No Duks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Wednesday, March sixteenth. I'm j Eat Skis here in the Classic Factory alongside me.
Speaker 4: As always, we got.
Speaker 5: Tass mellow, what's up everybody?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 4: Tasks?
Speaker 3: We got our top shot Hoppo ripping lips, tray herby, Hey out hey yo, International man of Mystery taking it to the max leyellis finally making the magic happen over yonder.
Speaker 4: Super producer JD.
Speaker 3: Hello, there he is and here we are. Shout out to the stream team, joining us live right now on YouTube. Take a second like the video. Make sure you subscribe me No Dunks on YouTube, share the show, comment away, email in your NBA questions too. No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com. We're hitting the beach today. We talked it into existence yesterday. Yeah, we're gonna answer a few of your NBA questions a little bit later in the show, but keep them coming No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com or tweet them in at No DUNKSNC and check out yesterday's YouTube exclusive. The No Dunks crew noted college hoops junkies experts really filling out collectively our men's March Madness bracket a lot of fun. Somehow this took an hour to do, which I don't know if I'm impressed that it only took us an hour or that it was an hour long just too obviously fill out a bracket where we have no clue who's going to win any of these games, but we had some larfs and we encourage you to watch that video on YouTube. If you're just listen to the podcast, make sure you jump over to No Dunks on YouTube and make sure you jump into our official group battle March Madness Bracket Battle Off as they definitely don't say the whole battle off.
Speaker 4: What do you say?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 7: Do you call it just?
Speaker 4: It's a challenge, challenge all the time.
Speaker 3: That's the word I was looking for. It's a challenge. We have the link in the show notes here on YouTube, so just click that. You got to sign up. I think you know with NC double A, we're using the official one only official here. Again diehard junkies like us when it comes to the college game. So yeah, get in there. I think we're close to like two hundred people.
Speaker 4: To sixty three as of right now, and including names such as Uncooked Carrots, Potus ORP, well Mark Gasaldridge, and Uncle Larry. It would be a good bring it on.
Speaker 3: Like use the call like a college team, or use something from the college game and add beans to it. You know what would be a good name for your brad? Yeah, stay beaters. They're not in it unfortunately.
Speaker 4: Isn't there a team that's called the Green Wave like Tulsa or tu Lane? The Bean Wave would be pretty good. I don't know if they're.
Speaker 5: Take the same.
Speaker 4: Take anyway, get in there.
Speaker 3: I guess you got wh When is it locked tomorrow?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: We have two more games the final first four. I guess I should say tonight. Oh had on some last night. Did you watch any of Indiana Wyoming? No?
Speaker 6: I didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh we're going to start the show with that.
Speaker 4: Ah yeah, okay, okay, now yeah they locked tomorrow tomorrow, twelve pm East on Thursday, March seventeenth, there was an NBA tie in last night. Lee Mike Woodson, the coach of Indiana, had his eyebrows.
Speaker 3: I notice, yeah, they were right, they'd beat Wyoming.
Speaker 4: They did, they did, they did, they did, and shout out to Texas Southern. Yeah, taking down the Corpus Christie's corpses our Battle of Texas.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's all the college hoops were here on today's show. Let's get into the NBA games, and well, you know where we're starting. Kyrie here ups for a career high sixty points as the Nets roll over the Magic twenty four Hours tray. After Towns goes for sixty, here's Kyrie going for sixty of his own. He's got the new franchise mark for the Nets out to eclipsing Darren Williams who had it fifty seven back in twenty twelve. It copied my surprisect that game. But anyway, Well, what did you think of the Kyrie Show?
Speaker 4: Sorry, we got to do a little bit more college basketball here. I see that Wyoming scored fifty eight points last night, So Kyrie Irving outscored the Wyoming Cowboys.
Speaker 5: I think perhaps got a shootout. Not a shootout with those capitals.
Speaker 4: Oh a rock fight, they were saying.
Speaker 5: I I don't know.
Speaker 4: Anyways. Fifty point games are the old busted sixty point games. These are the new hotness. I don't know which is crazier. Sixty point games on back to back nights Karl Anthony Towns followed by Kyrie Irving or fifty plus point games in back to back games for the Nets. Kevin Durant went for fifty three. Obviously, Kyrie sixty last night. That's the first time in NBA history that teammates have scored fifty or more in consecutive games. I also considered Kyrie going for fifty plus twice in three games, but Lebron just did that as well, So that one's out of here. Pick your poison. It's all awesome stuff. From Kyrie sixty points on twenty to thirty one, shooting eight of twelve from three. This was way different than the fifty against the Hornets. I remember talking after that when we were saying, when Kyrie has a huge game, you think you're gonna see a whole bunch of drives to the basket, fancy handles, tricky finishes. That was not the case against the Hornets, but that was definitely the case last night in he did hit the threes as well, hit eight threes, threw in six boards, four assists, and for steals because why not, had forty one points in the first half. This was a huge blowout. So when he got the fifty one in the third, I'm like, Kyrie's done.
Speaker 5: That's too bad.
Speaker 4: Only able to get ten points here in the third quarter, there's no reason to bring him back in the forth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was weird. I flipped away. I thought, that's it same.
Speaker 4: But he's a part time player, so he can't play in tonight's game. Get him back out there, get that big six zero, which he did. The bench went crazy. It was very fun to watch. My main takeaway on this one, rest is a superpower. Kyrie's playing half the time, so he's got to score double the points, but he's the freshest guy out there, which gives him a chance, and honestly, the Nets need it. John Human made a great point last night on Twitter, this was the perfect time for an explosion for Kyrie because the rest of the team has to play tonight.
Speaker 3: And he's not.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like, hey man, just go be our offense. Yeah, and that's exactly what he did. Uh, just letting Kyrie do all the work. It was fun to watch. I much preferred the sixty points to the fifty points. The three pointers are cool, but he had that take where he like body checked Cole Anthony out of the way at the free throw line, somehow throws it up off the glass. That's classic Kyrie's stuff. Awesome to watch. What do you think, Lely, Yeah it is.
Speaker 6: I mean there's no doubt about Kyrie's talent and his skill and his watchability. You know, he's automatic when he's in this zone. You want to watch him because he looks cool out there doing it. He can get that shot off. I mean the one that got the sixty was a little like on Wagner. I think it was he sort of faked and then stepped in and just knocked it in.
Speaker 4: It looks great.
Speaker 6: It's an incredible performance. Sixty points after having fifty not long ago, and their offense when they have someone like that available is really really different.
Speaker 3: I mean he's only played in nineteen games.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, he's you know, twenty seven a game. He's averaging there and so he's kept himself in ready game shape of course, you know, which is great for him. But I'm not sure it's sort of where to go with this because the Magic it was a blowout and the game was over, wasn't really close there. The Magic had been fighting and it was just then Kyrie. I thought, when he had forty one and a half time though, we might see seventy tonight. You know, why not?
Speaker 4: You know, oh he's got it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, I mean he could have if he chose to. And you know, he ends up with a nice, big fat sixty and a very efficient sixty as well.
Speaker 3: It was pretty cool. I don't care who it is to see the you know, when he's on the road, he can only play on road games. They're cheering for him, they're giving them standing ovations. You know, they're Magic fans there. They're probably going out to the arena to maybe see a Magic win. You know, few and far between, but that's what they're hoping for a good performance from the young guys.
Speaker 4: But then you're there.
Speaker 3: It's like going to a baseball game. If I go to a Baseball Blue Jays game, I want the Jays to win, but if the other guy has got a no hitter going through eight, well suddenly I'm cheering for no hitter.
Speaker 4: Like that's it.
Speaker 3: You know, for the most part, maybe not the playoff game or something like that, but you just want to see like quote unquote, like history or something special, be like, oh, I was there in this case when Kyrie went for sixty, they were like he was getting standing Oh's I'm not really exaggerating, but.
Speaker 5: I think there's been a lot of scenarios where we see road guys getting ovations no matter what arena, no matter what team, even if they are a strong fan base. Say a lot of the Magic fans are just there just because there's a something going on in Orlando. But yeah, another funny thing on Twitter last night, Toronto Raptors fans who are currently in seventh place, saying let's get the hell out of the play in tournament. This is not good for us. We do not want to play the Brooklyn Nets yeah, it seems like a consensus across the league. You don't want to play an eighth place team in the freaking play in tournament, which is like this, no, sir, And yeah, it'll be a good story if they get into the postseason, a headline will be, you know, they're trying to replicate what the Knicks did back in ninety nine as an eight scene and go to the finals. And so there's a little New York tie in, but everybody wants to get the hell away from these Brooklyn nets, which yeah, it is a little a little wild, but yeah, watching these two guys fifty points consecutive games with Durant and Kyrie, it's hard not to think of the twenty sixteen finals for me, where they finished the job Bron and Kyrie did five, six, seven, where in game five they had a combined and then they got a forty one from Lebron in game six, and then they got it done in game seven, and and we could say that it's you know, all this theater going on with them playing home games and Kyrie sitting in the stands and them getting a fine and all that and make fun of it, but you know, I bring up the Calves, because I don't think that these guys like each other are less than that Cavs team. Like this is a good locker room when they play basketball, as weird as it is from on the outside for us. But this guy's playing only half the games. If he does end up playing in all the games, I mean, they have as good a shot as anybody to go win the thing. And that's that's the bottom line. You know, the Calves had some issues even though you know the Trey was in the locker room when they won and they were all buds. Kyrie and Lebron definitely had a bit of a thing going on. Kyrie got the heck out of there. It seems like going back to last year, Steve Nash has this team together. So that's why the Raptors, that's why everybody wants to avoid this team, because they're that good.
Speaker 3: Who's going to go for sixty tonight? There's twelve games on Can this streak continue? You know he said it Towns two nights ago, Kyrie last night. Best guesses is it Trey Young versus the Hornets? Is that someone else?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, why not Kevin Durant, you know, but then I was like sure. Then I was like, that's a bit of a boring pick. So I was gonna actually say, Trey Young in Charlotte, they need both teams desperately need this win. Tray's been pretty hot lightly, so maybe he could go out in there and grab sixty.
Speaker 3: Be great, everybody's hot.
Speaker 4: Listen to this.
Speaker 3: Over the last two weeks alone, we've had seven games of fifty points or more, two of those, of course being sixty. So Kyrie with two of them fifty and sixty, Karl Anthony Town's with the sixty, Lebron with two fifty plus games, the fifty and the fifty six, Tatum fifty four, Kat fifty three. You add to that forty seven for Curry the other night, forty seven and forty six for Trey Young, forty five for Jordan Clarkson, forty four for Jo and Dearon Fox who also had forty one, forty three for you Honis and Embeid, forty one for Darius Garland, a forty piece for the Joker the last two weeks. Yeah, and I'm not sure this is going to stop either here, Like I think this is going to continue. These forty forty fives fifties, maybe not sixty, maybe not even.
Speaker 4: Sixty tonight, but who knows. We could get three fifty point games tonight. That sounds ridiculous, but it's certainly possible. Atlanta at Charlotte Trey Young, like you're saying, back to back forty seven and forty six, he likes to be elevated to what about this guy's status? A massive game between those two teams in terms of big time court advantage of a big time game. We've also got Denver at Washington. That'd be a nice little tick on Jokic's season long his resume throwing up a sixty point game against them. And then we've got the Milwaukee Bucks against the Sacramento Kings. That could be a Yannis fifty point game easily right there.
Speaker 5: So I don't know.
Speaker 4: If we're talking about one hundred and fifty points between three players tomorrow, that'd be pretty cool.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And I think a big part of it is just guys gearing up for the postseason and playing their best basketball. And that's what makes me think, like, drop it to fifty fifty games per season, maybe we see a lot more of this, like huge numbers because these guys are just performing because they need to get ready for the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You sort of think that's what's going on here maybe, but also maybe hand in hands some of the teams that these guys are putting up monster numbers against.
Speaker 4: I think it's a double.
Speaker 3: Games are a little bit like, yeah, we're we're slowing down because we're not really anything to play for right now. And I'm not saying it's easy no matter who the hell you're playing to score fifty or sixty points.
Speaker 4: It was easy for Kyrie against the Hornets, that one easy. That was the easiest fifty of the season, right.
Speaker 5: I think the Orlando Magic we're still the Orlando Magic in November and December and no one was dropping fifty on them. I mean, I think we're seeing a two week span here because yeah, guys are just the nets. Look at them. They are ready to go into the post. They know that the first sixty games, what does it really really mean to them? I mean, I think that's the part of it. We're seeing it. And Lebron we desperately need wins in Los Angeles, so he's doing all he can. And you know, you saw it in the play in tournament last year. Yeah, I think that's part of it for sure.
Speaker 3: I know we were talking about the Nets, what we've been talking about them a lot of courses, and you were not convinced that they're like, yeah, they're a total contender. Are you coming around on that?
Speaker 4: Still have your h.
Speaker 6: Yeah they can be, but they've still got a tough road to get through here. So you know, one slip up, one injury, and they're in trouble. When Kevin Durant is out there, it's certainly they elevate that team, but right now, you know, against having to get through potentially say Miami and a Milwaukee and who else, maybe a Philadelphia, probably not one. You know, you're gonna have to pick one of those two teams. So the path is very very tough for them. If they are coming from the eighth seed, a contender, maybe the seventh seat, Yeah yeah it's seventh, right, doesn't really matter. They've got no home court advantage, they may not have Kyrie for the entire playoffs, so they're they're a more a contender than not a contender. But I don't I'm not convinced they're going to get there just just because it despite the brilliance of Kevin Durant. He's still got to do that time and time and time again on the road.
Speaker 3: We still have NBA guy to like fold into the mix here.
Speaker 4: Yes, Ben Simmons, never heard of that name.
Speaker 3: Well, Steve Nash says he's extremely hopeful that Ben Simmons can play for the Nets before the regular season ends. But this is a little shocking, right, tass. I mean there was this back issue. Some of us definitely me thought, hmm, seems a little suspect it's the timing of going to play in Philadelphia that he's got this back issue. But they're saying it's more serious than maybe it was first led to believe. Like he's not doing anything outside of individual work. He's you know, he's around the team film session and all that, trying to learn like sets are running and stuff. But he's not doing, from what I can tell, practice with them five on five action. And we are running out of games here in the regular season.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's surprising. He's been there a month, he hasn't practiced yet. So yeah, something serious going on, whether it's the mental health issue or just the back issue, but yes, we are running out of games, and even the way Gordon Dragic was asked about it. His response was more like, yeah, we're folding a guy who's gonna be a defensive player and rebound for us, like they know where the bread is buttered.
Speaker 3: Then to fold in a guy that needs.
Speaker 5: You know, yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean he's going to be the distributor for Kyrie and uh for KD. And you know it's wild to think that, Like, let's say this, the mandates continue into the postseason. Kyrie is still going to be available for more than half the games because they're playing on the road.
Speaker 3: Every single We joked about that.
Speaker 5: It is crazy, it is bonkers. But yes, Kevin Durant is still the best player in the world. And I think it's fair to call him that because I said to Compo, every time he plays against the Brooklyn Nets, he says that guy after the game, after they win or lose, that guy over there, he's the best player in the world. And I don't think there's another scenario where one of the best players in the world calls one of the other players in the world the best player in the world. So I think it's fair to call KD that. And we see, yeah, that he can carry a team and whether it Ben's means is there not, which is yeah, it is, it's a it's a I don't get it. I don't get it. We're at, yeah, thirteen games remaining for the Brooklyn Nets, and he's still not going to be playing for the next few so yeah, just before the postseason, the guy is going to come in and be your starting point guard. It's it's wild.
Speaker 3: KD disagreed that he and Kirry are the greatest duel of all time, and he said, quote, there's a lot of great artists that played together.
Speaker 4: Fun quote.
Speaker 3: I'm just curious if you have a favorite artist duo actual music.
Speaker 6: H hmm. I really liked Luth Vandrus and Mariah Carey and I put together.
Speaker 3: I was not expecting that answer, because that's a great answer.
Speaker 4: I'm glad I asked.
Speaker 3: Your favorite artist du.
Speaker 6: Due A very very small field, though, isn't there. I mean, wham right, George monkl Andrew rich Lee, they faced Georgia, good one. Yeah, who else we got?
Speaker 1: Who?
Speaker 4: JD? You can jump in here.
Speaker 3: If you've got a duo comes to mind, captain and to Neil.
Speaker 5: For fears oh.
Speaker 4: Stripes.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were a good one. Good one, Uh, Lennon and McCartney considered a duo or no interesting?
Speaker 3: I mean, I think you have to almost in this uh, in this sort of comparison here, It's not like it's just Kyrie and KD out there playing basketball. There are other players, there's drumming, there's you know, Bruce Brown.
Speaker 4: Drummond Brown.
Speaker 6: The stream teams reminded me a shaggy and sting. I mean.
Speaker 3: Even I forgot yeah, okay, anything else from Kyrie sixty or this insane scoring binge.
Speaker 4: Going on in the NBA right now? Do you think a player is going to score one hundred or more points than the next ten years, Like by twenty thirty, it's been sixty years. Guys are getting fifty and sixty easily.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right now.
Speaker 4: It can't played like two and a half quarters and got sixty points.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it can't be a blowout though.
Speaker 4: That's the problems for sure.
Speaker 6: It's gotta be a tight game.
Speaker 3: I think I saw Ryan Rosillo tweeting that the NBA should be allowed to fine, let's say the Nets last night when they take a guy out like Kyrie who's got fifty, Yeah, with so much time, so like you should like you're penalized if you take out a guy that could gun for either a Kobe like number or even like a Will Hunter.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean that's the thing is like you sort of do it out of respect for the game, don't you, Like, well, we're blowing you out. He's got fifty, we'll sit him down.
Speaker 3: But like TA said, it's so funny, like the line is drawn, like, hey, he's allowed to go for the franchise record basically is what I think they were getting the last day, him getting to sixty, like I said, eclipsing Darren Williams fifty seven.
Speaker 5: But that's it.
Speaker 3: Then then then he's out to respect that he's out unless the game is close, yeah, which it's not.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean it's one of those unwritten rules.
Speaker 4: So do you think we see one hundred and there?
Speaker 6: No? I think so.
Speaker 3: You don't think we'll be sitting here in the Classic Factor talking about one hundred would be talking about seventy point games.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Devin book I had seventy years five years ago.
Speaker 4: Was that something like that?
Speaker 3: Hey put Devin Booker on that list who could go for sixty to night if he's playing against the Rockets, which I believe he is b that's a good one.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 5: So much more surprising is that we haven't had more than seventy since Kobe. I mean so, so the list is just it's all Wilt and then David Robinson in there, like with seventy or over. So you'd think that somebody would get more than seventy, but you need those happen perfect conditions.
Speaker 3: I guess a big part of it. The big part of the Kobe going for eighty.
Speaker 6: One was the rafts were in the game that would damn three after three quotas yea, I think yeah.
Speaker 3: Because then there is the classic Kobe game where he had correct me sixty.
Speaker 4: Against three quarters. Yeah right, and that one was just over. I believe that game similar to this. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, Well, let us know on the stream team a couple of questions, who's going for sixties to night your best guess?
Speaker 4: Let us know that? And uh yeah. Answers to trace question, are we gonna.
Speaker 3: We're gonna yeah, thirty eighty ninety or one hundred twenty.
Speaker 4: Thirty When you need a ninety point game, yeah, got fifties, sixties, seventies, one to eighty, it's got a ninety.
Speaker 3: Sounds actually almost arguably cooler than one hundred. I don't know why going for ninety one. Yeah, all right, a couple other games last night, we brought up Devin Booker. Maybe he goes for sixty tonight. Well, he scored twenty seven in thirty minutes as the Suns sunk the Pelicans one thirty one, one point fifteen. He had a little span at the end of the third quarter, a little thirty three second span Booker did where he sort of like closed the door on the game. Uh, you know, the Pelicans are hanging around, but then he comes down. He draws a foul on believe it was Jose Alvarado, you know, sort of gets to a spot, gets the reaching, hits the jumper and one hits the free throw. Pelicans come down, they miss, Booker hits a three in transition from about twenty six feet, so there's boom. Six points just like that. Willie Green called it demoralizing, and again it was like sort of a close game. Then it's pretty big and then Manti Williams subs Devin Booker out to start the fourth.
Speaker 4: That's fine, get him some rest. He never has to come back. In JaVale McGee time. Baby.
Speaker 3: He scored nine of his nineteen points in the first four minutes of that fourth quarter, and then the Suns had a huge lead, and again Booker didn't have to return, and Phoenix gets there, I believe, fifty four fifty fifth win of the season, fifty five and fourteen. They're twenty six and six on the road, and you know, everybody just contributing for this team that looks like without Chris Paul, still just a machine, I think is the best way to put it in.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean we've talked about already. They're virtually locked up number one. There's seven and a half games up on Memphis and eight on Golden State. So I expect probably Devin Booker and maybe Bridges and a couple of rest here. I expect that I will take again two off, especially again against the Rockets on a back to back. I'm not saying that tonight, but those sort of circumstances, you'd think Monty Williams will start to put a bit of an eye towards just making sure guys are fresh and ready to go for the playoffs, because it's been great, because a little bumpy when Chris Paul went out there. They lost a couple of games, but they're rolling right now, and for the Pelicans they can just be thankful. I think that the Blazers are not trying to do anything here because you know they've they've you know, they have been battling, but they've well they actually only lost one game in a row Kire, but they've they've lost a few recently when they could have.
Speaker 3: They're fine when Brandon Ingram plays, Yeah, they're a very good team, but without him, the record is I don't know, if you have in front of you, it's like.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're pretty bad. So they haven't solidified yet their spot in the plane, but they're you know, game up on Portland, two up on San Antonio.
Speaker 3: When it comes to the Signs too, I know Suns fans tasks are probably like salivating that Tory Craig hit three threes. You know, they hit eighteen overall in this game. But like if he can do that, like he needs to be able to shoot hi memory, he couldn't hit anything the playoffs. You know, he's a great defensive player. You want him out there, but he just like knock down one, two, three threes. He's there's minutes there for him, and that's what he did last night. So see if you can continue that in a postseason. Same thing with like campaign stuff like that. Is he's gotten more opportunity with Chris Paul out all these guys. I mean, it sounds silly. It's like your stars win you a title or get you the finals, but to really pull it off, you need those games, those quarters, those moments where these guys come in and can maybe turn around a game.
Speaker 5: Is he gonna play I would think, I would say Cam Johnson is as a far bigger player that he needs to get back. He's he's been hurt, but yeah, I think yeah, they're they're ready to go there. You know, the Chris Paul thing was the biggest worry and that's still their biggest concern. Is he going to be back healthy? When's he coming back?
Speaker 4: Huge question mark?
Speaker 5: Hopefully.
Speaker 3: I mean there's really been no updates.
Speaker 6: I expect if he's healthy, they'll try to get him a game or two before the playoffs, for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeah try and yeah that yeah, all right?
Speaker 3: Anything else to add to the Suns. You know, beating down the Pelicans were probably going to fly through the rest of these games. To be honest, because we had Max Struce leading elite rally. I know Tass was happy. I'm happy. I can't remember it was your daughter picking. No, your daughter was picking the heat, right.
Speaker 5: Her butt picked the.
Speaker 4: Her foot picked the heat.
Speaker 5: Hot farts all right.
Speaker 3: Anyway, the Heat won with the Pistons cover, we'll get to that leader and pick them one.
Speaker 4: Leget started on this one.
Speaker 6: With the Heat farted in the third quarter. They were up fourteen points with about seven minutes to go in the third sort of looked like it was leaning towards blowout territory, and then they could not score.
Speaker 3: Do you never want to blow out when it comes.
Speaker 6: To nineteen straight points by the Pistons. They got back in the lead, and then it was Max Struce in that fourth quarter scored sixteen points. He wasn't even supposed to be playing in this game, but Jimmy Butler got injured. He left in the first half and tweaked his ankle there. Didn't look super serious. I think they probably thought we're going to win this game. Let's just not take any chances. Anyway, Streuce came off the bench and saved the day really for Miami because they were down. They came back they get the nice victory in the end seven points. But you have to give Dwayne Casey a lot of credit here. He has this team playing hard. Kate cunning and missed this game. He was sick. Yeah, that was a sort of late game decision.
Speaker 3: He came to shoot around looking like death in crackers. So he was in pretty bad ship that was doing ca tking and will keep cunning it. This man was eating crackers.
Speaker 6: But the Pistons competed really well in this game, I thought, and you know, Livers coming off the bench, Isaiah Liver's coming off the bench. He played some good minnesoult and they just worked hard. They just went out there and said we're not going to be embarrassed tonight, and they weren't. So full credit to the team for doing that. And the Heat scored eleven points in the third quarter and thirty seven in the fourth quarter, So that had a big second half, but just sort of not the way you would have thought going into a game against the Pistons. So the Heat went as they should. Pistons did a fantastic job just making it competitive.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for Taylor hero in the poor season. This guy is on fire. He's locked up six Man of the Year. It's his He's taking that hardware home with him, rightfully so. But he's gonna have like, we're gonna get some bubble hero moments here. I think in the postseason he's so important. He plays a lot off the bench, but we're gonna get twenty five point games, thirty point games, I would think, because he's done it all season long.
Speaker 4: Try Oh yeah, he's been really great and he's a major X factor for the Heat, especially right now with whatever is going on with Jimmy Butler's ankle. This is the third time this season already that he's sprained that same ankle. The Heat are two and a half games up on the Bucks right now. They've got an easy ish schedule, though somehow they play a lot more playoff teams than non playoff teams despite having one of the easier schedules left over. I don't understand it, Tankathon, make it make sense, But they're gonna need a hero to be their main off the dribble kind of penetration. Guy Strews has been good. He was awesome last night. Victor Oladipo's back had eleven points in his debut. Has scored eleven points. Since maybe they give him a little bit of run, but Hero is gonna be the guy that needs to make shots for them, especially come play off time. He was awesome in the bubble and then he was brutal in Round one against the Bucks last year. Thirty one percent from the field, thirty one percent from three, scored nine points a game. He's going to have to be eighteen, nineteen to twenty five if they're going to have a chance to win a title this year. He's just just a very high, volatile kind of player with a very high ceiling, and when he's on fire, like he looks unstoppable. He's really figured out how to put the ball on the floor and score at the hoop as well as just shooting threes.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's finishing around the room. Is really impressive for a young guy. It's almost Carrias like he can switch it to elly the hand and finish very comfortably. So yeah, he's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so Miami put another half game between you said at the Bucks they're two and a half up, Philly's three and a half back, Chicago four, Boston four and a half. So it's not over the heat.
Speaker 4: Wrapping up the number one. Now we think it's most likely.
Speaker 5: I thought it was kind of weird that Max Strew's quote wasn't supposed to play like he was on the bench. I guess Oladipo is getting more burned than him. What more can Strucy do get him out there? I think the question mark, yeah, is off the bench hero is going to be their guy. That's going to be the number one priority. He's got to be huge, and the headlines going to the playoffs are going to be, Yeah, this guy scored nine points a game last year in the playoffs. What is he going to do this year? But Struce beside him has been so fricking good this season, So I'm a little confused, like, are they going to Are they going to play all the depot and Gabe Vincent off the bench over Max Struz when the guy just is really really important to them. I think that's I mean, it's a good problem to have, But they've got a little bit of what the Warriors have a little too many gods, too many guys that can play the guard position off the bench.
Speaker 3: Final game from last night only four on Grizzlies cruised past the Pacers to notch their fourth straight victory.
Speaker 4: No Ja Morant, but they got it done to Usk.
Speaker 5: Yeah, thirty eight assists without Jahn Morant and that's a ginormous number and they're doing it obviously by committee and another assist from Jah Morant. On Twitter, he tweeted that Jerones Jackson should win Defensive Player of the Year. Always out there for his guys. Stat muse tweeting that Jaron Jackson Junior leads the NBA in blocks, leads the NBA and block percentage block percentage. What the is that? It's percentage of shots blocked while on the floor anyways, second in defensive field goal percentage, and third among centers in three points three pointers contested. Crazy, Yeah he shouldn't. I think statue should have just stopped at three.
Speaker 3: But anyway's why they turned off the comments.
Speaker 5: But yeah, they get it done against that Pacers team. That was That was horrendous. That was bad.
Speaker 3: Oh, they are all in on the take Indiana. It's bad. But yeah, good, good Grizzlies win here. What do you think about Jaron Jackson Juniors? Okay, look, he's probably not gonna win Defensive Player of the Year, might get some votes, Yeah, and he's probably gonna be in the mix for one of the two teams.
Speaker 6: Yes, he is. I mean he's I think he's be tough. Yeah, I think most improved is where he's got a better chance of getting some attraction there.
Speaker 4: I just gonna win it.
Speaker 6: Yeah maybe, yeah, exact you will. Yeah. But defensively, I think this is just going to be a year behind because you just haven't noticed him have the impact that he's had this season. He goes after it. If you come into the paint, he's aggressively trying to block your shots. He's not waiting for you to come to the rim.
Speaker 4: So I love it.
Speaker 6: I think it's been huge. I think he's been incredible for them this season. And we've questioned whether or not he's worth that big four years, one hundred million because he was always injured and like, is he a big traditionally, I mean not so much. But this year he's proven to be a lot more effective in that role. So I hope he does get some love for it. I've just been really impressed with everything that Grizzlies have done this season. I think Tyler, what's it coach's name, Taylor Jenks, Taylor Jenkins, thank you, thank you, I think he's got a real chance for Coach of the Year as well, So they've got some They're going to get some accolades there in Memphis.
Speaker 3: Should we do some hardware talk on Friday's drop podcasts? I think there's only one game on.
Speaker 4: Makes sense the tournament. Yeah, that's exactly right. It'd be a good time.
Speaker 3: I know we've talked about the m v P, so we could that one aside and talk about some of these other ones coach and Defensive Player of the Year and Most Improved and stuff like that. What do you think should we should somebody write that down in the.
Speaker 4: Rod in the brainstorms, but the worst awards, We'll talk about all of them on Friday. Get excited.
Speaker 3: We can fill out our ballot even make it a little more exciting. One two, three or something like that. We could do all NBA teams. Hey, we're at the point of the season. We gotta start doing this. It's not a lot of regular see the left, guys, there's not but you gotta see all of it now.
Speaker 5: You know, not all you do.
Speaker 4: If you're picking m v P, you got I didn't say m VP. I didn't.
Speaker 6: We're talking about we're not gonna do m v P that we gonna do the other one.
Speaker 3: We talk about the m v P every day.
Speaker 6: On this the reason, there's a reason. It's the juicy way you.
Speaker 4: Want to talk. Six man, I would love the toxic.
Speaker 3: I would love to know who's in third spot on yourself?
Speaker 6: What did you do last year? You did the ten.
Speaker 4: Teams?
Speaker 5: That's what.
Speaker 3: Make it eleven this year?
Speaker 4: I always had one.
Speaker 7: I love it.
Speaker 3: I love Sico mode. Okay, I'll start getting to work on the all NBA teams ten all NBA teams tasks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what do you think should we do that on Friday?
Speaker 3: What else are we gonna do?
Speaker 5: What else are we going to do? One game on you just watch college basketball? Whoa, nobody's watching the NBA. That's why NBA TV would give us days off.
Speaker 3: Yea, what days would we get off?
Speaker 4: Friday and then Moday Championship.
Speaker 3: So we got we're working here in the Classic Factory on Thursday.
Speaker 5: Friday watching the games, watching games.
Speaker 3: That's not a bad idea. Okay, we'll kick that idea around. Okay, let's take our break. When we come back, we're gonna hit the beach. Answer a few of your questions don't go anywhere. Back here in the Classic Factory, we were talking about Tyler Hero and uh the odds to him winning six man. We brought up stat Muse the Twitter account. Well, look at this tweet, speak of the devil. Tyler Hero twenty one points per game is averaging more points than Jamal Crawford, Manu Ginobili, or Jason Terry ever did in any of their you know, seasons in their career. Truly one of the best sixth man seasons we've ever seen. That is by way of at stat mues on Twitter. Can you reply m m No, I can't turn off. They don't want the engagement.
Speaker 4: Well I would engage with that tweet and say, nice tweet. Those are some serious stats. Those are some of the best six men we've ever had in the league.
Speaker 3: Lock it in, Yeah, it's good stat Good stat there, stat muse a tip the beach, Yeah, beach step in only place to read your emails and tweets. I would like to reply to stat muse great stat every time they share.
Speaker 4: A good step. I think we should what did you just say, great stats, stat mus We should clip that and then reply to every one of their tweets with great stats status.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're on the beach where you guys are sending in your questions. You can tweet them in at No dunk Zinc. You can leave me in the YouTube comments below our videos, or you can email them in No Dunks at the Athletic dot Com. Got one from Jamie. Hi, guys, I'm fairly new. I've been listening for about a year. I love the show. I wish i'd watched you back on NBA TV, but I never watch any talking heads NBA shows.
Speaker 4: All right, I've.
Speaker 3: Asked this before, and I'm thinking maybe you think it's just not an interesting question, but I'm gonna ask it one more time. Here you go, you're starting a team with one m Bridges. Which one do you choose? My guess is you all think it's easy mcale bridges because of upside et cetera. But Miles sure is getting it done right now. Thanks again. That's Jamie his perseverance here, sending in this question every day for the last four months.
Speaker 5: Here we go, kidding. I didn't like it the first time I read it, but I think now it's the appropriate time. It's a great question. Has Miles past the other Bridges? Has he driven past him? No, I would take mcal Bridges. Yeah, you know, I don't think it's us a lot. I mean, you're it's either you're picking offense or you're picking an extremely good defensive player with solid offense. Yeah, in mckel Bridges. And yes, maybe some maybe some more upside with Miles, but I'm taking mckel and just how solid that man is. And also because I was playing Perdle the old NBA word game last week and there was a six eight forward and I thought it was Michel Bridges. I think he's bigger than he is because he's only six six, because he's that amazing defensively. How tall do you think he is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I probably would have thought he was taller than six because his arms gone forever.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's got a seven to one wingspan, and that's someone special that you wont on your team. So, although Miles is having a great year and he's come back to earth in terms of shooting the ball, I would take mckel Bridges, But Jamie, I appreciate it. Yeah, I appreciate that question.
Speaker 3: Miles Bridges is having an awesome year. Yeah, he is averaging twenty points per game, seven boards, four assists. You know, he's not shooting the three ball all that well, but forty eight point five percent from the floor.
Speaker 4: All, yeah, that's good.
Speaker 6: It's down a little bit the three point shoots from last year. He's taking a few more. But he is the second best player on the Hornets, and it's very close, I think there with Lamello Gourdan. Do you think I think he's better than Gordon. I mean, Gordon just doesn't. He's not out in the court enough. But so Bridges, I think, is more you know, fourth on the suns, and I think he really thrives in that role. He's fantastic defensively. Doesn't get as many opportunities to shoot and score as Bridges in Charlotte probably does. So if McHale Bridges was then in a more elevated role like second best you know player to look forward to score, would he be able to contribute that sort of twenty to maybe twenty two a game right now?
Speaker 4: Possibly?
Speaker 6: But I think he's just really able to do a lot more given that, you know, behind Chris Paul and Devin Booker and eight and when he plays, when they all play, then Bridges can he doesn't get the same defensive attention that Miles gets in Charlotte. So I think it's very good close, I don't. I mean, you could again if I think Bridges Miles is a bit of offensive player.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Bridge is Calma Miles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Michale defensively, I mean, he's definitely going to finish in one of the old defensive teams. Yeah, no doubt about.
Speaker 3: That's why I actually don't think this is all this close. I mean, and when you say that, it sounds like you're really knocking Miles Bridges. But the truth is, there's a lot of guys can sort twenty points per game in this league, and mckailbridge has already proven that he's probably what easily top ten, maybe even top five defender in the league already.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but can he get can he get you? You convinced?
Speaker 3: My point is a lot more difficult to find a guy that can lock down elite scorers and contain them than it is to find a twenty point per game score.
Speaker 6: In this league, Right it is, I know, But I'm just I'm just saying, like the role that he has in Phoenix is there's there's less demand on him Miles has and Miles I think it's thriving in that role as well.
Speaker 3: In yeah, yeah, I know, that's what I mean. I don't want to, like, yeah, like push one down just to raise the other. But I think it's mckail Bridges. At this point of their careers, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think you're starting to tea with either of them. So it completely depends on what your team looks like. Miles is better for the Hornets because he needs to run the court and play in transition and finish plays at the rim alongside LaMelo, whereas the Suns need a wing defender. Seventy seven percent of Mikale bridges two pointers are assisted, ninety eight percent of his threes are assisted. Miles Bridges fifty eight percent of his two is eighty four percent of his threes. They ain't number one guys. Neither of them are creators. So you're talking about which is a better second guy to have here, and it depends. It just completely depends. So you know, the Sons wouldn't trade Mkale for Miles, and I don't think that the Hornets would trade Miles for McHale either. Okay, so both great bridges good bridges. What's your favorite bridge in the World The next one. I love the open road.
Speaker 3: That's nice.
Speaker 4: Actually, there's actually a bridge in Morris, Illinois that when I think of a bridge that's just a little bit too narrow, that's the bridge I think of.
Speaker 5: So I hate it.
Speaker 4: Actually it's a but it's a very notable bridge to me. I don't like it when it feels like your car is, you know, like a a centimeter from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I don't like that.
Speaker 4: Do you have a favorite bridge?
Speaker 5: Lloyd over Jeff.
Speaker 4: You're crazy, you're starting a movie.
Speaker 5: You're going with Lloyd or Jeff.
Speaker 4: Jeff? Yeah, Jeff all Banks. Do you have a favorite bridge?
Speaker 5: Not Todd, that's for sure. Anyways, you know, Michel is it's always a tough name for me because I see m I K A Ellen it's Michel. Don't like that. Also, Jamie spelled j A m I E. One of those Jamies.
Speaker 3: See to me, that's pretty What did you say.
Speaker 5: J A M I E. Thinking j A I M E.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it's a fifty to fifty.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I grew up with a lot.
Speaker 7: Of j A M I the one that one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, that looks more like Jamie. Anyway, next question. Recently I went to Knicks at Clippers and was surprised to learn Ryan Archie Diakono was on the Knicks. It's true, but I was even more surprised to learn his name is Ryan. I legit thought his name was Archie Diakono. So what's another example. It looks like he could be an Archie for sure. So what's another example of you being completely wrong about a player's name without realizing it. That's from James Beard, the Games Lead.
Speaker 6: So this is an athlete, not a basketball player. But around two thousand and seven, I became aware of two thousand and six, two thousand and seven of this very good runner coming out of Jamaica, and they said he's too tall for the one hundred meters. Two hundreds is his best event. And his name is Usain Bolt as in you know two o's Hussein Bolt. I tried to find documentary evidence last night on YouTube of someone calling hi Mussein. Couldn't find it. Couldn't find it, So I was calling him Usein when everyone else is calling him Musin. I said, Nope, his name is Usain. But now I've come to I've come around to admit his name is Usain. He calls him self. You say, so, I'm going with that. But for a while, I was like, it's Usain. People, Usain, I've heard it, I've heard it before. He was like, you know, smashing world records left and right. Turns out I can't find evidence to support my case, so I'm gonna have to I'm gonna have to step down and this one and say, all right, all right, if someone can find an Usain bolt out there somewhere, show it.
Speaker 3: To me, right right, Well, I guess my answer is similar to bring it back to the NBA world. I'm convinced it keeps flip flopping around here. But Nikola and Nikola there's two. Yeah, there's Vucevic, there's Jokich. I'm every couple of years, I'm confused which one it is or are they supposed to be the same. I've found a video where Vuchovich is saying we're both Nikola, but everybody was calling the joker Nikola, and it's like drives me insane. It's like, which one is it? And why isn't it the same one? Because they're telling us it is. But on now basketball reference Vuchovich as the pronunciation is Nicola, but I thought he was the Nicola crazy.
Speaker 5: I let that one go. It's true, it's change, it's foot flop.
Speaker 3: But and you hear a lot of people with the joker.
Speaker 4: They say Nicola, is it virtual us? Oh that's a whole other thing.
Speaker 3: But anyway, that drives me nuts, and so I just want to know which one it is and how is it not the same?
Speaker 4: But they say it is.
Speaker 3: There's literally documentation of them saying, yeah, it's the same. They ask joker, is it Nicola like Vucevic and he's like yeah. But then they're like, but people say Nicola. He's like, yeah, I don't care. And then he's like, you know, just how fast you say it and like stuff like that. He just doesn't care.
Speaker 4: I guess, But I think there's also I think you can find a paw Gasol video on YouTube where he's explaining like the three different pronunciations of his name standard English. I think he speaks Spanish and I think he speaks Catalan as well, and they're all just like just barely just barely inflections basically, like the difference between Nicola and Nicola. So it probably just comes down to English speak. He's not saying anything right for a long time, and then just being.
Speaker 3: Like, okay, so which one do you go with as a Bulls fan? For Vuccie baby? But what do you call him?
Speaker 4: I think I I just think I I tend to go with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, in general, ye, but it's weird.
Speaker 5: It is so it's changed. You got any names that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've been listening to the Up First podcast on NPR for years now and the host is named stevens Keep Stevens Is it Steve in Skeep or Stephen Skeep?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: What do you think?
Speaker 5: I think?
Speaker 4: I think it's SP's Skeep. Yeah, but he says it so fast and I listened to it on one and a half speed. I'm like, steven Skeep just one long name.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing it's I have one more, but it's in regardless to spelling. I can't believe. I'll think we make a big a deal about this, as we should. In the league. Currently, there's a DeAndre Jordan where the A is capitalized in DeAndre. There's a DeAndre Ayton where the A is not capitalized in DeAndre. There's a DeAndre Bembri where there's uh an apostrophe on the A of his name, and then there's a DeAndre Hunter where the A is capitalized and there's an apostrophe between the.
Speaker 6: E and the A.
Speaker 3: Four different variations.
Speaker 6: Which one's your favorite without the apostrophe because I'd always get in the wrong spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I like the I actually like the DeAndre Jordan with the capital A on de Andre I always ate and always gets me. I'm always like, oh, that's capital Nope, it's not. Hey, I just want to note that as well.
Speaker 1: Good.
Speaker 4: These things keep me up at night. Do you have an answer to the to.
Speaker 5: The question like with the Oh yeah, I always thought Emon Trumpert's name was pronounced Ama Schumpert. I think that's right.
Speaker 3: Next question, final one. Hey, no Dunks, all Hunks, Skeets, and Tasker obviously Raptors fans. I myself am a Rockets fan and an NBA sicco. I've always had certain teams and players as my second favorites behind my Houston Rockets. For example, the current Bulls, there you go, Trey and Hornets. This writer liked the Thunder when they had Katie and Westbrook and so on. I say all of this to say I've never been a Raptors fan, never necessarily cared about the team or the players, Actually, at one point I greatly disliked the Raptors and Kyle Lowry. He was a former Rocket played well off our bench, but I was salty as hell that he left us and became an All star with Toronto. But I've listened to y'all's show for so long and heard your Raptors analysis for years that I've now become a Raptors fan. I love their roster, their management, their jerseys, just everything. I want to go to Canada to see a game. I want Scotty Barnes to win Rookie of the Year. The question is, have you all ever disliked something but after being exposed to someone who loves it, makes you love it too? Each town, hold it down, turn up, love you guys.
Speaker 4: Awesome. It's from Ryan M. Thanks Ryan, Yeah, good email.
Speaker 5: One thing, Ryan. He didn't leave the Rockets. He was traded, you know, you know for a first round pick. They gave up. They thought, oh, this guy's too much.
Speaker 8: Of a problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was a bit of a head case.
Speaker 5: Was the thanks trading story. First round pick Darryl Morey gave him up for if I do believe worked out well. Protective first round pick worked out pretty well for the reps, great.
Speaker 3: Deal, great trade. What's your answer to the to the question?
Speaker 4: I got two and they go kind of hand in hand country music and the outdoors for me, good answer, Yeah, very very much. Disliked him. Grew up having to go to like the Morton Arboretum and Lya, Illinois, go look at some trees sounded like the lamest thing of all time from ages, you know, up until I turned thirty. Basically, why would I want to go look at trees? Now I would love to go look at trees. And it's the same thing with country music. Like I grew up, my dad listened to country quite a bit, just thought it was old man music. Yeah, hated it, hated it. Dated a girl in college she listened to country music. Took me to a Tim McGraw concert once and it was actually kind of cool, but never stuck. And then and I started dating she was a country music fan as well, and she, you know, I fell in love with her, fell in love with the country music. What can I say? And I say, they go hand in hand because once we got down here to Atlanta, had to spend a lot more time outdoors. Because you got to down here, you got to get used to it. So country music, it just sounds good outdoors. I don't know why it's made for listening on the front porch the back porch. I think it's technically a deck that's in your back. That's something I learned from country music. But yeah, so yeah, country music for me, especially once I found out that, like, if you listen to country music from the nineteen seventies, it's like all about drugs and alcohol. So you're like, oh, this is like rap music. Yeah before rap music came.
Speaker 3: Out pretty well, Yeah, you think that's a great answer country music. I would echo that answer. I had Matt Austin sending me a Spotify playlist of like the country songs I should be listening to right now.
Speaker 6: Goth I mean he's a big Gothic.
Speaker 3: He didn't include any Garth on that. Yeah, but he is a big girl. I think he just goes see Garth or he's going.
Speaker 4: To see Goth. It's one or the other. Madeo.
Speaker 5: But what's your answer to just went, just went, Yeah, he got back on social media just to post a photo to see go.
Speaker 6: Okay, great cevice. Yeah, and seafood in sort of sushi in general. Yeah, my wife rock Sanna doesn't eat like meat and chicken and things like that, but she used to eat seafood and fish. I was never really a big seafood head. But man, you get some good savichi in Peru. In Lima.
Speaker 4: You've talked about this before.
Speaker 6: You know, two of the top five restaurants in the world are in Lima. Incredible both one yeah, next time.
Speaker 4: Not too bad, not too bad.
Speaker 6: No, you can't. It's one of those ones. It's like, you know, you've got a yeah book, months and months and months in advance. Yeah, and they close over Christmas one of them, which is like when we've been there, crazy, I know, cool.
Speaker 9: Cool.
Speaker 3: Do you have an answer for this?
Speaker 8: You know, not really, I'm still waiting to like something in general. A lot of good bridges in country music too.
Speaker 7: I'll just throw that s. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well what about basketball sports?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: Football.
Speaker 8: I love watching NFL football when I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who are really into it, Like yeah, especially here in Atlanta, because people just go crazy for it. If you're in a bar the Falcons are losing, especially because everybody gets very upset.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 7: It's great, it's great.
Speaker 8: But basketball, for sure, I mean I had zero interest and well I didn't dislike it, I just had zero interest.
Speaker 3: You know, you're going to games, Dan, Well, yeah, that was that was.
Speaker 8: In the who cares phase of my basketball career. But hey man, thanks for a good story.
Speaker 7: I guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: There was that time that we came down for a Falcons game and the Panthers had an incredible comeback. You guys left, but we left then the quote unquote sports fans they left.
Speaker 8: Yeah, we were worried about like catching a flight or something, right, and Matt, Mattio and I were on the same flight as you, and we stayed till the end because it was that was one of the best sporting events I've ever been to.
Speaker 3: So the Falcons like march down the field and kicked a field.
Speaker 5: Goal r yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and they won by like one pointer.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: It was amazing.
Speaker 8: Matt and I were just I had great seats from Turner. We were just hugging each other, just like just filling beer all over the place.
Speaker 5: Was like it was a one point.
Speaker 7: It might have been one.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Yeah. We were real rouge in the face for leaving that one.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think we.
Speaker 3: I think we found out about it on Marda too, if I remember correctly, Like while we were going back to the hotel to get other stuff, like what do we do?
Speaker 4: But at least we got to be at the airport, that's true.
Speaker 3: Do you have an answer for this, tess why?
Speaker 5: I guess?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: In sort of the same light that JD you know, accepts basketball, I accept and I like Survivor.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 9: Nice.
Speaker 5: I am worried about this season already. Yeah, yeah, you mentioned it last week. I think there's not a the personalities. I don't know if there's enough. Anyways, I'm watching, I'm watching, but yeah, there's not not a lot of juice with these people. But I'll be listening.
Speaker 7: It's great time to get in guys.
Speaker 4: Oh great time.
Speaker 3: Second episode tonight Survivor and second episode of No Buffs tomorrow. WHI has its own separate podcast feed and YouTube feed, and we're looking to get some guests on this year's edition of No Buffs. While we're talking about no bus Tray, No Breaks returns today.
Speaker 4: That's right? Uh what a little less than two hours from now one pm Eastern, got three sports going on right now, Basketball Survivor and Formula one Racing.
Speaker 3: Okay, so Graydon back with you.
Speaker 4: Graydon's back, hopefully, because I don't know that much that's been going on. The only thing I can tell right now is porpoising a lot of problems with porpoising on the track going slow. No, they changed the cars, so now now when they lose like theirs, their downforce to the to the track, they go whoo. Cars are bouncing. Yeah, I mean probably not fun if you're driving two hundred miles an hour.
Speaker 3: No, no, all right, so no breaks. We're setting we're spinning that off into its own podcast feed and YouTube feed. Is that correct, Jadeh?
Speaker 7: That's correct.
Speaker 8: But today's episode will be in the No Dunks feed and on the No Dunks YouTube channel.
Speaker 3: Okay, so look for that. If you are a fan of F one or you want to get into it. You've started watching Drive to Survive like many of us did, and it was a big reason why we got into it.
Speaker 4: No breaks. Very excited. That's a great answer right there. Thing that I didn't until found out somebody who loved it as you loved Drive to Survive told us to watch it. We loved it. And then we actually heard from Graydon, who knows stuff about Formula one so yeah, dip in p.
Speaker 3: And Nora like she is a diehard F one fan.
Speaker 6: Now Nora is yeah, like it's.
Speaker 3: Like she I'm starting to think she knows more about F one than I know about MBA.
Speaker 7: We got to get her on no break, I told her, and I am not.
Speaker 3: I'm like just my wife, so I'm not trying to just like big her up here. She legit knows like a scary amount about it. I'm like, is that what you're doing on your phone all the time? You're just reading about F one?
Speaker 6: She ever, you know, walking around with a Ferrari flag around the house.
Speaker 3: You know she is team Ferrari.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, she's ad to get her in here in one hour and fifty minutes.
Speaker 3: Nothing, we'll get her in by all right. So yeah, no breaks. Very excited for that later today here in the Nodungksi YouTube. But we'll speak spitting that off into its own thing and then No Buffs or Survivor podcast tomorrow. Let's take a one more break and when we come back, Jad's got tweeted the night, we got pick the results and we'll make our picks for tonight. Don't go anywhere, all right, Let's start wrapping this show up. Time for tweet of the night.
Speaker 5: Tweet of the night.
Speaker 9: Wow.
Speaker 3: I am always excited when JD has tweeted the night. You never know what you're gonna get. How many tweets are gonna get.
Speaker 8: This time we're getting one tweet and a shout out to let me bring up his name, Alex Hayden.
Speaker 7: I hope I'm saying that right.
Speaker 8: He sent it in and I think this is actually a cold open submission, which it's a rejected cold open for right. And the reason is it's one of those memes where people someone is lip syncing, you know what I mean? Like those I like those, but I don't love them for cold opens. But this is Miles Turner, friend of the show.
Speaker 7: I would like to say.
Speaker 8: He was showing off his lego collection and it was delightful.
Speaker 7: So I'm going to show it to you now.
Speaker 9: These are my ladies. This is Jill, This is my lady Amy, little Susie, Brianna. You know why we call it Brianna, Right, It's a long story. Shanikua, Helga, this kiddie, Genie, I dream of Theresa. This is Teresa right here, Theresa, dirty girl. This spot, this spot is for my for my special lady. I want to say that one more time. Leah. Yeah, that's a sweet.
Speaker 3: It's a decent coal open.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, but yeah, every sweets.
Speaker 8: And of course it reminded me of what Skeets described as the world's weirdest pissing contest we had.
Speaker 5: On the show.
Speaker 8: Ben Dolliver was showing up his his Lamborghini and then the Bugatti and then I believe this is the stup with I mean, those are amazing, and then of course Lee got in on it, and another Star Wars. I think this is a battle droid if I'm not mistaken. Of course, Trey got in his Panos and then he had Lego Lebron and I had the Pirate chip from the so just great stuff and h yeah, maybe I should have used it as.
Speaker 3: A fine what are you gonna do that Titanic one? So it' said ten thousand pieces?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Holy, I guess when you're tanking you have a lot of time to.
Speaker 3: Put well yeah, yeah he's out right now too, isn't he. Yeah, So there you go, and you can afford it that stuff? What's that going for? What's a Titanic lego sector?
Speaker 6: Yeah, oh, that's very that seems steep.
Speaker 3: Titanic Titanic.
Speaker 4: Ten cents per brick, Will Lee is well.
Speaker 3: I mean according to Amazon, it's nine hundred and fifty dollars nine nine cents for the for the expert Titanic.
Speaker 4: It looks like it might be a little bit.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Wow, I flew halfway across the world to see Legos. I would expect him to know his ricing. It's a Titanic float or is that the sort of thing where like it comes with a huge hole in the part of that.
Speaker 7: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Front got you gotta buy the iceberg. It's pretty boring to put together that one large triangle all white and blue blocks.
Speaker 4: How about the clip? Does anybody know what he was?
Speaker 8: Yeah, it's d Drich Bader. You may remember him from the Drew Carey show Show Myself. Uh, it's from the movie Surfs Up and he plays a penguin and his character is showing off his surfing trophies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, it sounded like a little bit to me. I was like, is that germane clements?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Had the his voice was somewhat similar.
Speaker 7: They actually looked sort of similar.
Speaker 3: If you the penguin.
Speaker 8: No Didrik Ddrich Beata and Jermaine Clement kind of looks similar.
Speaker 3: Okay, So anyway, yeah, how's how's the lego going in your house? Still still popping?
Speaker 6: Yeah, still clicking, far too much lego. But my nine year old built an eighteen year old plus thing. This this is Star Wars thing. It said, like expert level. He knocked it off in like about three hours.
Speaker 4: Like it's kids a genius.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no, I'm saying that that wasn't that was an expert level building there that would just follow the instructions like the rest of it.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 6: So did a good job.
Speaker 3: So it's big, Like that's not that big.
Speaker 6: That's kind of small.
Speaker 4: I'm like, okay, could you have done it?
Speaker 6: Though? Ah? Maybe in four or five hours.
Speaker 4: It's a lego.
Speaker 6: Lego is still popular, though very popular. Yes yes, yes, uh.
Speaker 4: Picking results.
Speaker 3: Last night it was the Pistons heat game Miami was favorite by thirteen and a half. This is brought to you by Bett MGM and Big Line. Some of us thought, that's all right, heat will cover that. No, no, Detroit strap you bunch. So a win for tasks proving to eat and three here in March.
Speaker 4: Nice stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm six and five, so I'm above five hundred and then Trey and Lee taking the l back in the heat. Lee you're four and seven. You're one game behind Trey who's five and six. So we got on a race here. Still task, there are a lot of games on tonight, So where are we going?
Speaker 5: A game that's essentially for home court in the play in tournament because nine to ten face off in the playing tournament. That's who's facing off today. The Atlanta Hawks visiting the Charlotte Hornets nine visiting ten, and Charlotte Hornets are a very very small favorite one and a half points. But the three of us ride in the road team and riding the dog riding our home team. The Atlanta Hawks skeats myself and Trey taking Atlanta plus one and a half. At Charlotte, Lee has taken the Horns.
Speaker 4: So hey, what did you do here?
Speaker 6: Did you?
Speaker 3: Because you saw the Atl's coming through on the slack this morning, and well, I'll be the one that takes you.
Speaker 6: Other Well, it depends on when it comes through and if you're dropping the kids off at school and we have to go through carpool this morning because it was raining, So you're getting last in the slack and you got not many choices.
Speaker 3: So you're actually dropping the kids off or were.
Speaker 4: You taking a dump?
Speaker 6: No, dropping the kids out there, that's cool, but anyway, it was a one and a half point line. I was like, you know what, the Hornet's desperate as well that I need ye have no problem with their offense whether or not this this one could be a big one hundred and forty to one hundred and thirty seven.
Speaker 3: Definitely it's in play. Yeah, all right, so uh, steaks are high in that Hawk's Hornets game tonight, not only for those two teams, but for us here with the Pickham battle that we always have going every month.
Speaker 4: We'll call it there.
Speaker 3: Email in your NBA questions too. No dunks at the Athletic dot com, follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok at no dunksin get yourself if you don't have one already an athletic subscription, go the Athletic dot com slash no Dunks a dollar a month from up to six months. That deal is still hot and go get some no dunks merch over at no dunks dot com or on some new things right now but there's some classics always available over at no dunks dot com. No Breaks are f one podcast with Great and Gordion coming up later today in mere hours No buffs tomorrow, but we'll be back here at ten am Eastern, right here in the Classic Factory to talk about I guess a lot of games. Cool, stock up on energy.
Speaker 7: It's gonna be a long night there.
Speaker 3: It is, Clipper bros. You heard it here first.
Speaker 8: Have a great time, turn up.
Speaker 5: Love you guys awesome, Thanks for joining us, and remember if you are watching Survivor tonight. Jeff Probes tweeted me personally and he said, I got to turn that feature off. I don't know how, but anyways, he said that the unlikeliest couple will be bonding together tonight. One is a buffman and another one not a buffman, so they're unlikely.
Speaker 3: Oh that's your guest.
Speaker 5: No, no, I think it was in the video.
Speaker 3: So Jonathan, and that guy is buff, he's very buff.
Speaker 5: Who's yeah somebody else?
Speaker 3: Yeah, someone like skinny like me, Romeo, I don't know, Lindsay.
Speaker 4: Perhaps, Okay find out tonight.
Speaker 5: Omar.
Speaker 3: I think Alice, that's my pick to win it all?
Speaker 4: All right? Team up?
Speaker 3: With Jonathan good stuff. I we'll see you guys tomorrow and brace the day.
Speaker 5: People