Speaker 1: I am all in.
Speaker 2: You, I am all in with Scott Patterson and iHeartRadio Podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson, I am all in Podcast, one of eleven productions I Heart Radio, I Heart Media, Our Heart Podcast. I'm joined by my in trapping crew, Susanying French, Danielle Romo, the one and the only Amy Sugarman Pop cultures already, Let's go bulldogs and we'll get back to pop culture after these messages.
Speaker 3: I was gonna let Danielle go first because I think I was gonna do it too Anti Red Show.
Speaker 4: Let me do it because I.
Speaker 1: Danielle, You're on.
Speaker 4: Kirk is explaining to Luke how he believes Lulu is smothering him. Kirk says, who's right there next to me? Luke says, your mother. Kirk says, and and at least mother respects my personal space. Sometimes when you're watching Antiques road Show, you just don't want somebody tickling your arm. Antiques Roadshow is a TV series where antique appraisers traveled to different regions to appraise items brought in by local people. Did you know Family Bibles and pictures of Jesus are two of the most commonly seen items do you don't know.
Speaker 3: My favorite thing, though, is when somebody's like, I went to a garage sale, I bought this plate and they're like, it's nine dollars eighty two thousand dollars and you're like.
Speaker 1: What the junctions and pollock.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it makes me want to never get rid of anything.
Speaker 4: But my mom's an antique person. She loves antique shopping and doing all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: She finds something good. Wait, can I do this one? Because I'm into it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, go ahead, Lorely.
Speaker 3: And Christopher I have checked in for parents. Wee get at Yale. Hey, let's be Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 2: What no?
Speaker 3: Anthony and Cleopatra F Scott and Zelda Zimfandel. Antony and Cleopatra is a tragedy by William Shakespeare, first performed around sixteen oh seven. F Scott Fitzgerald was a famous writer of the jazz age who married Zelda, a Southern debutante. Wait, am I crazy? I thought f Scott Fitzgerald did the national anthem? Am I dumb? Who? What did?
Speaker 1: That's Francis Scott ket Oh gosh.
Speaker 3: Pardon me? And I would like everybody to know I got a four on the ap test of History. Lavernon Shirley was a sitcom that ran from nineteen seventy six to nineteen eighty three, starring Penny Marshall and Cindy Williams. This is why I wanted to do it. Did you know Sho Mazzle How's in theftbur Incorporated? Was inspired by Penny and did you know? Okay, I'm going to ask you, Trivia, what show was Lavernon Shirley a spinoff of? I know, I know Suzam Happy Days. Yes, because I'm pretty sure Fonsie knew Laverne if I remember correctly, And I think Ritchie went on a date with Laverne and Shirley. Richie and maybe Fonsie or Richie and somebody kind of remember Richie and his blazer going on a date with Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 1: I met the fawns at the critics choice.
Speaker 3: Well, he's the nicest. There's no one better than Henry nobody better question for you all? Can you remember Shirley's boyfriend on Laverne and Shirley.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it something like like Boozer or.
Speaker 3: Carmine Ragusso I think was his last name, and can you remember the neighbors who were there sort of you know, the two guys that always Money and Squiggy. Yeah, if you can name who played Lenny. Bonus points if you can name who played Lenny.
Speaker 1: Oh that was Wait a minute, water, I know I know who it is. I know who it is. I know who it is. His name is uh, not going to tell you. He went on to act in all kinds of start. Yeah, gosh, oh Michael, Yeah, you got it. Gosh, is it Michael McKean, Yes, it is wow. Thank you. To finish off my little fact not dead yet.
Speaker 3: Jamil Schamazl was inspired by Penny Marshall's childhood. It was a Yiddish song that she and her friends would sing on their way to school. It was never as good when they moved to l A, just saying yeah, jump the shark, a little jump ye of the shark, Yeah, jump y of the shark, which, weirdly, jumping the shark on Happy Days was a great episode. Cops didn't jump the shark when he jumped the shark.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Danielle, where don't you go?
Speaker 4: I'm going to go again?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let me do what I have to do. Yeah, you guys have yes, Scott, you go and then to do it?
Speaker 1: Am I allowed to do one?
Speaker 2: Yea cool?
Speaker 1: All right, thank you so much. Lorelei calls Rory to let her know they have arrived at yell Rory, So you're here, LOURAI with bells on, nothing else except leg warmers, roller skates and Groucho Marx glasses. Roy, how classy. Groucho Marx was a comedian with a distinctive appearance, including a stooped posture, spectacles, a cigar, and a thick grease paint mustache. Did you know These exaggerated features result in the creation of one of the most recognizables disguise is known as Graucho glass is a one piece mask consisting of horn rimmed glasses, a large plastic nose, bushy eyebrows, and a mustache. And it was part of the Marx Brothers. Was Zeppo Harpo And Yeah.
Speaker 3: I had a super dumb question I wanted to ask, but you know what, it's so dumb, I'm not gonna ask you.
Speaker 1: No, no, so I want to I'm curious as to what you think is a dumb question.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, it's really bad because I already know that answer. Go ahead, But what came into my mind was like Groucho Marx, and then that's not the same as Marxism. And then I realized, no, wow, yeah, really bad, right, it was really bad. It was really bad, really really bad. And I realized that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Groucho Marx, Lennin, that was nothing different categories of entertainment.
Speaker 3: Communism, and yeah, I realized it. I realized it. I saved myself from myself, right, Suzanne, you go, I'm very excited about this one. I have so much to say.
Speaker 5: This is a good one. Laurel, I can't help but notice the placement of Christopher's name tag. She says, So you're supposed to wear it off to the side. Who wears a name tag in the middle of their chest? Christopher says Superman. Laura I says Superman's s that was not a name tag, that was an emblem. Superman is a superhero who appears in DC comics. Superman was born on the fictional planet Krypton and was sent to Earth, where he was found and named Clark Kent. Did you know Superman was originally going to be a villain?
Speaker 3: Did not know that?
Speaker 5: Jerry Siegel and Joe Schuster the creators of the character had an idea for Superman while attending high school in nineteen thirty three. In the short story The Reign of the Superman, talk about.
Speaker 3: The best Superman of all the Superman's who do you feel it was? Danielle Romo, Christopher thank you, Scott obviously, but let's see what the young one says. I feel like she's gonna say, Tom Welling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we wanted to say the most good lucky ones, Henry Cavill.
Speaker 3: But Christopher Reeve was so hot. Do you even know that Superman?
Speaker 2: You know?
Speaker 1: The thing? You know, the thing about Christopher.
Speaker 3: Reeve is his awesomeness.
Speaker 1: He's a Julliard I know, I know, guy had chops for you, and he played that role so beautifully.
Speaker 3: So first one and the second one are so good. The first one especially, it's just so good. And Christopher Reeve is like stunningly beautiful, like it's crazy.
Speaker 1: But he's such a great actor. He was such a great actor because he could, he could do. He was the most likable guy. Yeh. And he radiated such goodness with such ease and then he could and he never really had to hit, you know, like I'm a badass too hard. You just knew that he was because he had such confidence about it.
Speaker 3: Did you know? Will Reeves works for like Good Morning America or ABC News or one of those. And I thought that they took a Christopher Reeve documentary to Sundance this year, but I've yet to like, where is it?
Speaker 1: Not a great actor? What a great great actor? Yeah, that's that's the thing that really intrigues me about that that Superman movie is Chris Reeves performance was just.
Speaker 3: He's so handsome. I'm sorry. I know people get so mad because I love Logan so much. Don't even get me started on my love for Christopher Reeve, Like, oh my gosh, I just could just stare all day just.
Speaker 1: Saying anyway, uh, Susanne.
Speaker 5: I just did this one.
Speaker 3: Oh I'll do it. Danielle, you got.
Speaker 1: Did this one?
Speaker 3: She just did.
Speaker 1: What she just did?
Speaker 4: Superman who Okay, turned out the lights lunch guys.
Speaker 3: There is going to be a Christopher Reeve documentary. It's called Super slash Man The Christopher Reeves Story. But I don't know how I'm going to get to see it.
Speaker 1: Well, I thought it was a Netflix thing right now.
Speaker 3: It was like it's Sundance and.
Speaker 1: A streaming really streaming deal.
Speaker 3: It had its premiere at Sundance. Oh, Warner Brothers, it looks like acquired it. Okay, well when can I see it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Oh says September twenty twenty four. Maybe, okay, fine, great, fine, that's only six months.
Speaker 4: Emily appears to have also noticed it was Parents Weekend at Yale and is already chatting her way through brunch. Emily says, and I said to him, they've tenored Bill Sutherland.
Speaker 3: Who's next?
Speaker 4: Carmen Electra? And Laura Lai says, good one.
Speaker 1: Mom.
Speaker 4: Karmen Electra is an actress and model who's best known for her breakthrough role as Lannie Mackenzie in the TV series Baywatch. Did you know Carmen Electra's birth name is Tara Lee Patrick? It was actually Prince who gave her the name Carmen Electra, as she was his muse. They briefly dated in the nineteen nineties. I didn't know.
Speaker 1: That, Prince. She really gone around, didn't they. Who's next? I'll go, Amy, God.
Speaker 3: What's good?
Speaker 1: Old?
Speaker 3: What's your name? Laura la Con runs Emily about her presence at parents Weekend. A grandparent is a type of parent. No, it's not. Grand piano is a type of piano, is it not? Well? You got me there, Riddler. But I hope that logic works. When I crashed grandparents weekend was good. The Riddler is a super villain appearing in DC comic books. He is depicted as a criminal mastermind in Gotham City. Did you know his real name? Edward Nigma?
Speaker 1: Get it? Enigma is no?
Speaker 3: Enigma is a person or thing that is difficult to understand. Riddler. I cannot remember who played the Riddler on the Adam West Batman.
Speaker 1: That was Frank Gorshon.
Speaker 3: Yep, I know it was somebody. Thank you, Scott.
Speaker 1: I brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 3: Oh, the next one is so good. Who's getting the next one? I'm so jealous. I'm going to have a lot to say. Oh you're giving away gold, so.
Speaker 1: Generous, in good hands with us.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm not gonna sing, though, I will, I will, I will.
Speaker 3: You do it.
Speaker 1: I'll chime in, don't worry about.
Speaker 3: It, you do it, and I'll do the thing, Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: Kirk is proud that he is a free man, separated from Lulu and owes it all to Luke Kirk says, you walk around tube socks and tidy whities.
Speaker 3: No one cares.
Speaker 5: No one cares what you do or where you go. So what do you say, Luke? You want to be my wingman? Goose to my Maverick.
Speaker 3: You never close your eyes any more. Kiss, and.
Speaker 1: Let's go on the road. Let's do it Gun, Top Gun, Let's do.
Speaker 3: It that My love for Superman.
Speaker 1: Great film action film Top Gun.
Speaker 5: Tom Cruise portrays Maverick, a young naval aviator, while Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 3: Plays Goose, his best friend me.
Speaker 5: Goose Kirk is singing You've lost that love and feeling, a song by the Righteous Brothers. It was sung by Maverick and Goos at a bar to serenade Charlie Blckwood. Did you know a stunt pilot was tragically killed during the filming His plane failed to pervert from a flat spin and nose dived.
Speaker 3: I didn't know any of that. Well, that put a real damper on all the Top Gun lines I wanted to do there. We were inverted, We inted.
Speaker 1: Inverted, keeping up foreign relations.
Speaker 3: Genius in You're Flying. But I can't say that in there because I'm afraid everybody's gonna see that I've fallen for you. Oh God, I.
Speaker 2: Love that movie.
Speaker 1: Great movie.
Speaker 3: Oh good? Okay, a little trivia game. Name two very big movies or TV shows that Anthony Edwards starred in, and the r R and the movie another movie franchise.
Speaker 1: He starred in The Incredible Chocolate License Train.
Speaker 3: I have no idea about Revenge of the Nerds Revenge really, yes, he was one of the nerds. Really and fun fact, Anthony Edwards is now married to another eighties icon, h Winningham Mayor winning Out. I'm pretty sure I have that right. I need to google it, but I'm sure.
Speaker 1: The front door.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure. I'm going to look up Anthony Edwards's wife. Anthony Edward's wife.
Speaker 1: All right, so who's up?
Speaker 3: And it is not Meyri Winningham, Yes, old, No, they're divorced. It's definitely maryor Winningham. Okay, yep, there she is, Mayor Winningham. I don't know if they're married, Mai, they're just together. But yep, oh it's Mere Winningham. Okay, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Lorelei and Christopher talking to Rory about their lunch plans. Christopher says, apparently the Krimberly is to die for? Rory says, since when do you say to die for? Lauralai says since he got addicted to Project Runway, and Christopher says, and make it work, working girl. Yeah. Project Runway is a competition show where fashion designers compete for a top money prize and mentorship at the Fashion Institute. Tim Gunn became well known as the on air mentor to designers to on Project Runway and is known for his catchphrase make it work?
Speaker 3: Did you know?
Speaker 4: Tim Gunn wasn't paid for the first two seasons he was on the TV show? As he said, I didn't know that people were paid for reality television.
Speaker 1: He's a sharp one.
Speaker 4: He made that show whole franchise.
Speaker 1: There you go, Lucas, Suzanne or what?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: What? Who?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 1: No, Susann't go ahead, No, this.
Speaker 3: One's made for you. I think you might be the only one who really knows who this is.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I sorry, Lucas. Susanna out to dinner at a figure restaurant and she has who would play Luke Dan's in a movie about him? Suzanne, take good time? Do you want to know mine? Luke says? Sure, She says, Marlena Datrich Dietrich, Marlene, Marlena and Daetrich Luke. Ell. I don't know who that is. No, I don't know how you do think. I don't Touch of Evil A lady is willing? Uh, Destrie rides again and your husband would rather be cheated by me than married to you. Marlina Jatrick was an actress whose career spanned from the nineteen tens to the nineteen eighties. Touch of Evil is a nineteen fifty eight film, The Lady's Willing's in nineteen forty two film, and Destriy Rides Against nineteen thirty nine film. Quote Susanne, Uh, says Susan, It says from Destrie rides again. Did you know Marline has suffered from basilophobia?
Speaker 3: What's that something I'm going to have now?
Speaker 1: An intense fear of germs?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: I already have that.
Speaker 1: This led Hollywood Incisors Incisors. Yes, that's Hollywood by Cuspids to call her the Queen of Ajax.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I am a fan of the Ajax. You know what? This made me think of Scott the time when we were all talking about who would play you in like the real story of the Gilmour Girls.
Speaker 1: And you said, brad Bit, it's got to be I'm the only one he's been shortlisted.
Speaker 3: Brad, I'll do this one. The a cappella group sings Living on a Prayer on the stairs at Yale. Living on a Prayer is a signature song by the band bonjo If you want a ton of bon Jovi fact, you're gonna need to listen to the recap. Earlier this week, John bon Jovi did not like the original recording of the song. Lead guitarist Richie Sambora convinced him the song was good, and they reworked it with a new bassline. Uh. True or false? Richie Sambora was married to Heather Lockler. True true, through our false, Richie Sambora dated Denise Richards True. Sure, yep, John on Jovie's son is marrying what big Hollywood star?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it's oh gosh, it's you got it.
Speaker 3: I can't remember her name from Stranger Things. I think she has three names, Billy, Bobby Brown, Yeah, yeah, yeah, let me see if I can think of anymore. John bon Jovi bon Jovi facts. I might be out for right now.
Speaker 1: He's a Jersey boy.
Speaker 3: I think they did theme song to the movie Young Guns remember that.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, I'm a cowboy.
Speaker 3: After Luke's date, she comes home and April's America's Next Top Model. While Lane is asleep on the couch on the TV, Tyra Banks says, the first name that I'm going to call is a j. AJ Stewart was a contestant on cycle seven of America's Top Model. Little non fact. I think it was probably easy to clear this because it was also on the CW. Let's see. AJ Stewart was a contestant on cycle seven of America's Top Next Stop Model in two thousand and six. She was the fifth girl eliminated in place ninth. Lane and April. We're watching cycle seven, episode four, which aired on the c W October eleventh, two thousand and six. Did you know? The CW marked its formal launch date on September twentieth, two sap thousand and six, Wow, with the two hour premiere of the seven cycle of America's Top Next Top Model. Sorry, I just realizated two of them. That is all.
Speaker 1: Suzanne's got a jump. Let's let's leave Suzanne with a little meditation, should we?
Speaker 3: But I was not going to leave her with a little bon Jovi.
Speaker 1: Let's leave her with let's get it.
Speaker 3: Wait, what's the one that I want to say? Bobby who used to work on the docks?
Speaker 2: Bobby?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Four?
Speaker 4: You give love Gina all day?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Gina works the dinner all day. That's right.
Speaker 4: Wait what man she brings on the paper loves.
Speaker 1: No one? Good meditation for Susanne. Let's go, guys, come on, give her a hi.
Speaker 3: Now you hear more songs?
Speaker 1: Huh?
Speaker 3: I just want to hear more bon Jovie songs.
Speaker 1: On a steel hole? Oh yeah, wow, rat.
Speaker 3: Good Scott? Whoa, that was very bon jovin in a blade. That's good Scott listening.
Speaker 1: Hey, everybody, and don't forget Follow us on Instagram at I Am all In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com