Speaker 1: Uh, your second favorite team will be in Inglewood next year?
Speaker 2: Who he said?
Speaker 3: Who they should?
Speaker 4: Just you know as they go down the ingle would keep going, hit that full five. Get back to San Diego.
Speaker 3: Keep going, Charges with you, Chargers with you.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: We back unplugged our weekly look around to see what's happening, Jack, what's going on out there?
Speaker 5: To the letter, baby man, cool and nice weather. Ready to get out to the West coast this weekend. How you doing, you? Wether says, I ain't gona actually how you doing? I'm just glad that you found a possum after you moved out.
Speaker 1: Let me say that crazy bro I was moving out the newke out the old crib and a possum snuck it, and that motherfuckers ready for war had me on the counter with golf clubs cussing it out. You know they can climb, right, they can climb and jump and motherfuckers hissing, had big clause.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was all bad, but luckily we both lived to see another day. Well, Jack, we want to welcome definitely a friend to the program and our brother, but someone you're really close to.
Speaker 3: So I'm gonna let you do the honors.
Speaker 5: One and only legend, pioneer in many ways. Uh, somebody who I consider a big brother, who definitely then put me in a position with something great, the Big Three, one of the biggest leagues in the world.
Speaker 2: So welcome to our show again.
Speaker 5: A friend and family member of the show, the honorable Ice Cube.
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yay, you made you made headlines last week some information that leaked and you wanted to get ahead of it. You announced that you guys had worked out at a possibility to offer Kaitlyn Clark a big deal with the Big Three. Can you give us the details on that? And uh, how'd that come about?
Speaker 4: We made off for a couple of weeks ago, and and you know, we was hoping to hear something back and we haven't heard nothing back yet. But we heard something back. We heard you know, it's tournament time, but it leaked, and so we didn't want to deny it. The best thing to do is just you know, let people know what was going on, and it's just something we we believe, you know, it's a great opportunity and you know, we believe that, you know, being a guard, she can playing the Big Three. You know, we've we've looked at our guards over the years and the size of our guards, and and say, you know, that's a position that if you know, if a female was to play in the Big Three, that would be a position that they would probably do best at. You know, it's too rough in the paint now, you know, I know it's some bigger girls out there, but you know, just not trying to deal with Reggie Evans and the pain would be just nothing nice. So you know, we just felt like we have a great opportunity and we wanted to extend the opportunity. And we believe you know, of course if she joined our league, it would it would lift the league to new heights.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 5: I agree, meet me as me being one of the pioneers of the league being involved in the leagues this year one. I loved it when I heard about it. I think, I know what she'll do for the league. I know she loves to play the game of basketball and as a competitor, and when you get a chance to make some money like that, you know, in a short period of time playing basketball doing something you love, I think it's a smart decision because as you play the game, you also want to make things beneficial for yourself and uh, this is a great this is a this is a win win for both parties. And like I said, I would love to welcome up to the league because if she came with my team, I'll make sure I protect it because I know where future is going.
Speaker 2: But just to have a.
Speaker 5: Part of the Big Three be something that uh that that would be unbelievable and something that I would be I would love to be a part of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, I think it's it's, like I said, a great opportunity. The league is slightly different than when when you play you know, in the first two or three years where it was jail ball, you know, and so we've uh you know, it's still rough in that paint, you know, but we you know, we don't want to hacking the league, so we you know, we've made sure that the game flows. But but it's also you know, hand checking. It's also you know, hard nosed defense being played too. I think people want to see the players compete. You know, when it when it feels like players are not even com pete anymore, that's when you know, I wouldn't even go watch my kids playing a rec league game if they didn't compete. So it's really about that, and we make sure we keep the competition fierce. But nobody wants prison ball, so we you know, we we made sure that players flow when they go. But if you go in that plaint, you know, beware.
Speaker 1: I got a couple questions. Q One, the financial side of it. The top the max salary in the w NBA right now is two hundred and fifty thousand. They're saying if she's a top four pick, I think she'll make anywhere just on the salary side from seventy five thousand to upwards of one hundred thousand. Was five million? Is that urban judgment or was that actually the offer? And was it for one year?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: How did how did the financial side of this offer come apart, come together and break down?
Speaker 4: Well, we don't really want to go all the way into the and everything we've offered. You know, if if she agrees, it'll all be, it'll all come out. It's with us. It's kind of like an Ni L situation. You know, our sponsors are clamoring they would love for her to join the league, and if she joined the league, you know they would support the league even more. So. You know, it's a thing where we believe the money is there if she decides to join the league with no problem, because you know they're sitting there waiting for and so you know, it's just a great opportunity. Like I keep saying, you know, as the CEO of the Big Three, you know I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't look at this and try to make it happen, because everybody's gonna benefit the whole league. You know, where we're enter away from profit, and once we get in profit, then you know people are really really look at this league in a whole different right because guys will be making a lot more money. So you know, this is our approach and our push towards that.
Speaker 1: I want to ask you because one you played in it, now you coach, and then QB, this is your league. Do you guys really feel like I mean, obviously, I feel like the game is headed this way, the girls game. I feel like the women's game overall, whether it be kyleege or WNBA is as big as it's been, as big as it's ever been. And there's always that talk can women play with men? Obviously, I feel not from a skill standpoint, because I feel like a lot of these women are just as skilled as men. I think what set men apart is the athleticism and the strength. So my question to both of you guys is do you feel like she can compete on a strength level with men, regardless of they're finishing the NBA or played overseas or whatever it may be. Because I feel like that's where the difference between men and women are. It's not the skill set. The women are just as skilled. I feel like the strength and athleticisms is what sets men apart. So do you feel like a Caitlyn Clerk can come in there? Because you know, boys, like you said, you cleaned it up, but boys in the Big Three are hungry, still hungry, trying to eat, you know what I mean. So do you feel like from a competitive standpoint that Cake and Kark can compete in the Big Three?
Speaker 5: I just feel like, for the most part, I think she'll be all right. I mean, it's just it's just this is gonna be a lot of situational basketball, and who she's paired with, especially in the Big Three.
Speaker 2: I don't care if it's if it's a female or male.
Speaker 5: The player, the four or five players you put together in the Big Three matters, right, because you got to have a little bit of everything to be successful. I think what she brings to the game will be a key asset to any team in the Big Three because she can shoot and the spacing you have so much spacing going for rebounds, people get lost and wide up with so many wide up on shots are given in the Big Three.
Speaker 2: That's that's right up for alley and pick and roll game.
Speaker 5: I think, you know, uh, if you partner her with two good guys like teams I put together, uh and other teams like if you partner her with like with at least a Leslie type team, they have pieces that can make up for her not being as strong as another guy.
Speaker 2: But her basketball IQ she can.
Speaker 5: She she might probably won't be Joe Johnson in the Big three mat but she definitely she will definitely compete and and and and do some damage out there and you'll definitely notice her.
Speaker 3: So cube your thoughts.
Speaker 4: So, I mean, my opinion is, you know, who am I to say? It's not up to me. You know I'm not I'm not a basketball player at that level. And you know, I'm just glad I could provide the opportunity so we could see. But when I look over the years and over you know, basketball courts all across the world, men and women are playing together, maybe not at the pro level, but they're playing together in uh, different walks of life. So I believe, you know, she could play with the men. But like I said, who am I to say? You know, we have the opportunity. You know, I feel blessed to have this opportunity. Uh, and let's see mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Now obviously, you know, keep our fingers crossed for that opportunity. I'm sure once the tournament ends, you'll get a little bit more information. You don't have to give us names. But was she the only female player that came to mind? Were there other ones out there?
Speaker 3: Was?
Speaker 1: She's just kind of the first one you want to start with and see where that goes.
Speaker 4: Now, we've thought of a lot of different ones over the years. You know, this is kind of to me, the perfect opportunity. I believe her name is mine More we was thinking about and we was trying to get her to come out of retirement a few years back, and so you know, this isn't our first time taking a look, but this is the first player we thought that could come in and elevate the league and take the league to another level when it comes to the tension of the basketball audience. So you know, that's why it's a unique situation. Uh, And that's why it was you know, offer that we knew would get her attention.
Speaker 1: I don't know how far away we are from it, but I feel like it's coming at some point.
Speaker 2: Women.
Speaker 1: There's going to be a crossover at some point on the professional level. And you know, obviously for years they've talked about the disparity and pay in WNBA players and they have to go get second job, sometimes overseas, and we saw what happened with Britney Griner and all that shit. So this is an opportunity, a financial opportunity to obviously, you know, kind of solidify yourself and jump so cube in your opinion, obviously, because the two leagues kind of coincide, your league.
Speaker 3: And the WNBA.
Speaker 1: I think the WNBA starts a little bit before you guys, but you guys kind of run simultaneously. So ideally, in your mind, how would you see that work? And let's go hypothetically, she says, yes, So the WNBA starts a month or four years you guys start a little bit later. How do you feel like that would work out with she in your opinion, because I'm sure I'm not sure if you guys have clauses. I know in the NBA you can't play obviously other sports, so obviously would have to be like a deal between you guys and the WNBA of being able to play both or how did you kind of see that side of the business of it working out?
Speaker 4: If you look at our schedule and look at the w NBA schedule, you know, if she went to Indiana, there's only one game that overlaps. You know, we only played once a week, so of course we would move our Big Three game so she'd be able to play in both. So we think we can work around the w NBA schedule and she'll be just fine.
Speaker 3: Sop.
Speaker 1: Before we get off of this subject, your partnership with X, the platform formerly known as Twitter. Can you explain that and what fans should expect to this upcoming season.
Speaker 4: Now broadcasting games in a new, fun, exciting way, you know, a little a little different. We could be a little more colorful on X than we can on CBS, so you know, you know, you know, our games are played on CBS, but it's usually two or three games and then we usually have two or three games left and those games will be on X And it's a great partnership and we're gonna redefine how sports is broadcast and have a lot of fun with it and be able to be very creative. And so it's a new day of sports.
Speaker 1: So any communication with Elon Musk about it or is it both your guys's team's kind of figuring it out.
Speaker 4: I never met him, so it's the team's figuring it out and got you. You know, we'll get there no matter what.
Speaker 1: Transitioning into music right now, Kendrick and Drake a little bit of back and forth. Kendrick took a shot at Drake on like that Future on the Future in Metro's album Cube Legendary has been nearly thirty years since the no Vasiline disc came. Have you Heard Kendrick's Voices?
Speaker 3: Two part? Have you Heard Kendricks Verse?
Speaker 1: And is a little bit of competiti if with all the bullshit that's going on in the streets, if we keep it on wax your thoughts on just kind of the back and forth and just kind of raising the level of music right now.
Speaker 4: I mean, you know Battle is always fun. Uh could y'all lead the Big three out of it? Though, you know what I'm saying and everything I don't want to take no, you know what I mean. But uh, but you know it's cool to see. Everybody got to watch they watch Date don't because you know, Drake ain't no punk when it comes to to you know, putting great music together and putting a disc record together. Kendrick ain't no punk when it comes to the lyrics and putting a great record together. So you know it's gonna be fun as a fan to watch. But uh, you know, if y'all really want to see something dope, check out that Man Down album that's coming out from your homeboy. Yeah, that's what you look linking.
Speaker 2: They expect that.
Speaker 4: We're gonna're gonna drop it this June. You'll start your right here songs. You know y'all get it from sir.
Speaker 2: You know I needed for sure, without a doubt question.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously one of the most legendary disc tracks in the history of the game. What goes into and what your mindset like when you're going and writing one of these uh these Battle raps.
Speaker 4: Go for the juggler. Go for the juggler, you know, and don't cross the line. You know, but just go for the jugglar, But don't cross the line, you know what I mean? With no vassaline. They was pretty uh. You know the reason I came that hard because they was they was coming at me, you know what.
Speaker 2: I mean, a lot of foul up language.
Speaker 4: What they was gonna do to me and all this stuff, you know what I mean. I had to let them have it. But I think you can't hold back. It's like a fight. It's like a fight. You ain't gonna pull no punches in a fight.
Speaker 2: You gotta throw them.
Speaker 5: So talking about basketball the transition to LA sports, you think the Lakers got a shot in hell to make a deep run?
Speaker 2: He said, shot?
Speaker 4: They always got a shot. You know, they always got a shot. You know, you got Lebron and a D and D'Angelo.
Speaker 2: He dope.
Speaker 4: But it's really, you know, I wish they would have got a big man. I wish they would have got somebody to deal with the joker. I don't think it's I don't think a D is comfortable playing you know, a guy that big a center. I may be wrong, but it seemed like when we won the championship there was a lot of help you know, White, Yeah, yeah, you know so. So I just think we need those seven footage to help to help, you know, help carry the load down load.
Speaker 2: He played seventy games this season, Yeah, shout out for real.
Speaker 1: Seventy games and at twenty five and thirteen, I mean that's kind of been the knock is you know, is he gonna play is great?
Speaker 4: You know, I'm not complaining about a D. I just think he's more comfortable at power, Like, yeah, he can flow and go and do his thing and not have to bang and not have to worry about rebounds as much, even though he can snatch twenty of them if you want to. I just think that, you know, when it's a seven game series, you know, you guys know, everything changes because now now people can dial in and lock in on you, and it's a different game in the playoffs. So I just think we should have got a big right now.
Speaker 1: Transitioning with l A legend himself Cube, let's talk a little bit of l A slash Vegas Sports. Uh, your second favorite team will be in Inglewood next year trying to capture some fans thoughts on the Clippers move to ingle He said, who thoughts on the Clippers moved to Inglewood? Uh, you know, kind of kind of on a business standpoint, obviously gentrifying the area, bringing more business to the area. But you know, the Clippers are now finally got their own place. I personally thought they should have changed their name. But just thoughts on them kind of getting up out of Staples Center getting their own spot in Inglewood, Clipper daryls.
Speaker 4: Man, they get they should just you know, as they go down to Inglewood, keep going. H hit that full five back to San Diego and South.
Speaker 3: Charges.
Speaker 4: Why y'all messing Inglewood up? Man? A nice place.
Speaker 3: Place, oh ship justification? The motherfucking charges with you. It used to be a nice place.
Speaker 2: Juju whtrip o cold?
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You know, what do you think about her? Oh man?
Speaker 4: She got game on the coaches. You know, she's my kids favorite. You know, they love her. They love her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, best female athletes and too.
Speaker 4: Oh man, you know, I don't know. I can't say that. Man. You know, we got least a Leslie in the building.
Speaker 2: Right right right, she went everything.
Speaker 4: So, yeah, they got a lot of work to do, you know, what I mean, I put it on least a Leslie so they can take her down.
Speaker 2: She's a woman, I think, Yeah, this is a woman everywhere.
Speaker 1: At a day and age where kids are, we're playing seventeen year old sophomores and seventeen year old freshman. She's a true eighteen year old freshman broke all Cheryl Miller's scoring records and the one thing about the women's side of the game, and she has to play I think until she's twenty two, so I think she has to play all four years. So I think she might be the one girl that you know down the line, could could change rules, maybe leave that possibly after a junior years because she's set to be. With all due respect to Kaitlyn Clark, Juju can be the one that breaks all those records. Because I got a chance to see her in person about a month and a half ago Cube and she was cold, the whole package, mid range.
Speaker 3: Place defense.
Speaker 1: Yes, to me, she's a stronger, more you know, sturdier frame than the Kaitlyn Clark. But big fan of Juju and definitely what she's doing, uh down the street to that see for shuow.
Speaker 4: Without a doubt, you know, it's gonna be fun to watch her the next three years. I think the NBA should start taking guys, you know, after they senior year in college. You know, it's like you don't always have to be one and done to be the greatest. You know what I'm saying. You can grab some seniors sometimes that's that's mature and ready to play at this level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think you bring up a great point because the league when Jack and I came into the league, there was Vets thirty eight. Whether they played or not, they're instrumental to the team, whether it be bridging the bridging the gap, you know, taking young fellas under wing. Now the game is so young and everything is based off potential, and that's why you see a lot of these young kids wipe out. And then for example, Haymi Hawks who went to UCLA played four years. Sposter loves them the fact that for everything you just said, Q, he came in ready to play.
Speaker 3: He didn't have to go through no learning curve.
Speaker 1: He was ready to hit the ground running because he had four years under his belt and had that experience. I don't know if it should be a four, but I definitely feel like it should be something because I feel like we're losing too many young kids in the mix because they get to the league and it's just a cold wake up. They're not ready ready, and then you know they're they're they're they're done.
Speaker 4: The gyms, the gems and the owners gotta they got a reward, reward, you know, players, that's experience, you know, experience. You know, they wasn't want and done. So what they they they three and done or four and done? But they ready?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh your raiders, yeah in laws. Yeah, I think they looking for a quarterback again. I'm not sure if they got one, but any hopes for them this year?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, great new coach, you know, bringing in his his uh, his staff, you know, making making a big strides on the defensive side of the balls. Shot out, yeah, mad Max. You know, they just brought a boy over from from Miami. That's that's a beast. And yo, they got they that's what they should be doing because they got to stop Patrick Mahomes in the in the chiefs and so you know, they making the right moves. You know, I liked our young quarterback last year anyway, you know, I think they should give him a chance. To fight for the job. I don't know if they kept him or not, but I liked him.
Speaker 1: But I want to shout out an Tonio Pearce. I think, you know, he could start this movement. Also shout out my brother, my brother Foster over at UCLA, where they're starting to empower former players instead of dudes that you know, just strictly coaches these guys. And and to me, I feel like with this newer generation, it's I mean, X and nose is what would be important. But I think it's about relating to the players. And you can tell Antonio Pierce has that locker room, he has that respect, and he has that love, and that's what's gonna make those guys play harder for him. So I definitely want to shout him out and his new opportunity being the officially the head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, that's what we do in the Big Three. All of our coaches are former players. To me, you know, it's it's there's nothing more than somebody who's played the game relating to other players and showing them how to win. To me, it's just the perfect match. So I'm happy they got a p you know, hopefully they'll continue to elevate players into those coaching.
Speaker 1: Positions, empowering them, give them a real opportunity transitioning. The Bob Marley biopick One Love Holding Strong globally one hundred and seventy five million in the box office. Obviously what you did was straight out of Compton. I think started a real move. Obviously there was things before, but I think you captured that era like people hadn't been able to do now and you're starting to see to me, better biopicks and better time pieces.
Speaker 3: So have you got a chance to see Bobs and do you plan on it?
Speaker 4: I haven't had a chance to see it. I do plan on it. I respect anybody putting together a bio pick. It's not easy. You got to find the right actors. You really have to dig into that material and reveal things that the public don't know. You know, it seemed easy to do a bio pick just just put the scenes together that all the people based on what everybody know. But people don't want that. People want to, you know, get behind the things that they know and kind of you know, understand those conversations really, you know, maybe get a new enlightenment on what the group was going through or coming from. So it's just not an easy thing, you know. Straight out of Compton was, without a doubt, the hardest movie I ever made.
Speaker 5: I seen, I seen One Love Matt and This Ship was unbelievable. Whoever did, whoever shot it was it was a great movie. I even watched it again a couple a couple of days after. Man, they really touched on how passionate Bob Bob Marley was about his people, you know what I mean. I think that's not only they did they touch his music, but they touched how much he cared about people and the person he was.
Speaker 2: And I think that's why they did a great job. I love that.
Speaker 1: We definitely gotta cook because you know, my fiance's dad, Danny Simms, was the first day that brought Bob Marley to the United States, So we definitely got to catch up on that and and and see that movie. As far as movies goes, could ce you got anything cooking or coming down the line that we could be expecting.
Speaker 4: You know, we're always working it out, you know what I mean, making it happen. No, we can't tell y'all. Let the body you know, I don't really like the brag about what we got coming because I just want to make sure it all come together and people you know, be hitting you, like, man, what happens to this? And what happened to that?
Speaker 3: So but you got it, but you got shit cooking though, of course, keep your boy in mind.
Speaker 2: You know, I'm ready, no problem to hear, no problem.
Speaker 1: Final four weekend coming up, Men's and women's. Uh, this is a big jack. I don't know how you feel, but and I really haven't gone out of my way to jump on the bandwagon, but I just feel like I'm more excited. We talked about this offer. I'm more excited to watch you know, it's Elite eight right now, you know, starting today. But I'm more excited to watch this women's side of the bracket, to be honest with you, than I am about the men's.
Speaker 3: You know, you got Juju Watkins.
Speaker 1: I think she's going to get Paige Becker and then the rematch with Caitlyn Clark and Angel Reese.
Speaker 3: Thoughts both you.
Speaker 1: Guys on just what the women's game, where the women's game is at right now, and and and these star driven teams and their chances.
Speaker 5: Well where it's changed that matters like me and the fellas are getting together for the women's games now used to be the college games. College teams, but we more fans and we know more about the women's game. And even last Monday when we did Unplugged, I talked about it. We had all four We had South Carolina, Caitlin, Clark, Juju and Page all playing right at each other.
Speaker 2: I was excited last money to see all those games.
Speaker 5: So uh, I love, I love what the games even you know my team is South Carolina, So I talked to Raven uh every game. Don Statele is my favorite people basketball player of all time. So I'm really I'm excited about the way the game's going, Matt. I'm excited about the games today, and it just shows that the talent of the girls and and they're taking the game more serious. They get more passion and it's showing in the game. And you know, look some of the stuff they doing, the moves they making them. We're more excited than some of the guys games. So I love where it's at right now, and I'm ready to be tuned in this evening as well.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you que We know you gotta run, baby, So thank you for your time. Uh, best of luck with the with the with the big vision you have of bringing these two worlds together.
Speaker 3: And man, we'll be right there supporting you.
Speaker 4: Solute much love, much respect, man, thank you for.
Speaker 2: Sure appreciation, my boy.
Speaker 1: Later, Jack, I don't know if you got a chance to see. Obviously, there was a big article in the Washington Post about coach Mochy, the head coach of l s U, and then Ben Blotch I think his name is, from the La Times wrote a slandered, one sided smear campaign yesterday in the La Times. What are your thoughts on, you know, obviously them, the timing of the piece, the fact that they're you know, in the elite eate now and they're trying to distract her as a coach and the team as a unit. What do you think about this because you talk to you know, Haley van Leith, I think her name is the girl from LSU, and she thinks it's negative comments are fuel from racism.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: I definitely think there's a little bit of a racial undertone. There's a lot of you know, black women that are empowered and talking their ship from LSU, which I think is fine because men do it all the time, but for some reason, when women do it, it's an issue. But just thoughts on that whole LSU say situation. I mean, they knocked out U C l A. You know, obviously I'm on my former bruin, But when i saw the article the next ding in the LA Times, I'm just like, and I'm a big fan of what coach Corey has been able to do with these UCLA ladies and what they represent. But this is this is some bullshit thoughts on just you know, the approach and the way they're kind of attacking this.
Speaker 5: L s U two, Well, for the most part, we've been great ever since we stepped in this space on speaking on what we know, right and and I don't know too much about what's true or not, but what I do know is we've been on the side of people just jumping out there saying stuff about us, about us and hating on us before we even started our show.
Speaker 2: Now they eating they words.
Speaker 5: So so I understand how people try to shoot you down when you when you're on your way up, before you even get to to to to reach your goal, right. And I think for the most part, these same people that's that's trying to put this dirt on her now were same people that tried to put dirt on her when she was at Baylor, you know what I'm saying. But she wasn't on this level to where she has outspoken uh female back players. Yeah, she she she she wasn't on the level where she first or second year that she went to she win the championship. So, uh, she's on a different level right now. But I definitely agree with Haley A lot of times when people speak on people like that and try to ruin them, it's built up hate and racism because whatever she has going on in her life, it has no effect in.
Speaker 2: Yours right, and and and and and and and and and the time of you coming up with it, it.
Speaker 5: Shows that she's living renfree in your head and you're just trying to kick You're trying to kick somebody at the top or get attention on somebody. You know what I'm saying. Why they at the top. So I think it's all bullsh and Matt, because we have been in that situation before.
Speaker 3: I just never really understood.
Speaker 1: You know, I'm gonna take injuries for example, what she's been able to accomplish what she's able to do on and off the court first and foremost, because I think people want all your an athlete. You don't man fuck that do what you want to do as long as you keep the first thing first. And I think her and her teammates have been able to do that. But then you hear the u c l A players, You know, you hear people talk about the ship talking he does. What's the problem with that? Men have been doing that the whole time, and all of a sudden now when women are doing it, it's an issue. Would be would it be as big as of an issue if it was a white girl talking that shit? I don't think so, Jack. So my whole thing is just like, why is it such an issue when women talk shit? And Kaylyn Clark talk shit and she's America sweetheart. I think that's great. And you hear UCLA players, some of them were quoted talking about how cool Adorese is off the court. You know, some motherfuckers are just dogs and assholes off the court.
Speaker 3: On the court.
Speaker 1: Now, I don't mean no disrespectful. We were both the same. We were dogs and assholes on the court, but cool as a fan off you know when we're excuse me, on the court, but off the court, we're cool as a fan. So I just don't like this slander of just trying to make trying to make someone you know, the bad guy. Yeah she does antics and yes she toss her shit, but her numbers bad. I mean girls, the walking walking double double. That's men thirteen if I'm not mistaken. So talk talk all the shit you wanted to me. That kind of energy is the reason why everyone is starting to watch more given women in the time of day. You know, with all due respect to be on switch because now you see the Jujus and you see young girl over at South Carolina and what they've been able to do after losing five players to the w n B A, the big girl over at Stanford. You know the games we have coming up. You know Paige Becker off of injury. You know her and Juju are going at it tonight. So I don't understand why you have to make someone a villain for and enjoin the game talking shit on the end of the game, but also backing it up with numbers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know this is not a.
Speaker 5: This all due respect now of this to Dremond, but he does his job well, and his job is not the score. But Draymond could do all the talking and all that and have zero points. Tennis is ten rebounds. Why Reese came to do it when she putting up those same numbers and putting up points. So I hate, I hate how we look at it and like you said, yeah, double standing. But the proof is in the put Matt. That's why we're watching it because they have been passionate about the game and the talent is high.
Speaker 1: Absolutely the men's side will burn and Edney well, these two big fellas, big fellow already NC State ed Edie. Excuse me, I ever got a chance to see. I saw highlights of Burns the other day and what he was able to do the Duke. I missed that game, but I've seen Edie play a couple of times.
Speaker 2: Stack.
Speaker 1: Do you think both these big fellas translate into a more guard oriented NBA.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think both of these guys are pros Edie.
Speaker 5: Edie is a big man that I think if they fuck around and get him to San Antonio, we in trouble.
Speaker 2: We in trouble.
Speaker 5: And I know Pop is Pop is licking his chops, hoping, trying to get him back down there, which he might not be available, but you know, Pop know how to make things happen.
Speaker 2: To get that old timid day feel again. That'll be a good look. I like burns. I can't lie. I like burns.
Speaker 5: He's uh, he's close to being a Zach Randolph. He just has to get in better shape. But his touch around the rim and been his moves around the rim is z Bo to a t. He is a big bully that can't be stopped, but he needs to get If he gets in better shape, Matt, he'll be a top he'll be a top draft pick as well.
Speaker 3: I love to hear that.
Speaker 1: Again, we haven't been able to you know, been paying too much attention to the men's side. But there's obviously some talent over there, but it's just you know that the women are kind of on front stage right now. Uh Man, we just dropped a special episode of our brother Rajon Rondo dropped yesterday.
Speaker 3: Uh we you know, welcome him to the family.
Speaker 1: I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to working with you know, his mind and and and and the way he sees things, and you know, build a couple of shows over here for him over here at this the ATSP family. We dropped uh Antoine Walker this Thursday on Kentucky Celtics in the house. That was a great sit down, jack Ship. By the next time we're on the air, you're gonna be a year older. So you heading out to La soon, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll be that Thursday night, man, Peaky Blinders theme party.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's gonna be a movie. You called me burnt last night. I can't wait to see what you called me Saturday.
Speaker 3: Well, I just want to show you what's out what's that? What's what's out here waiting on you? Brother?
Speaker 2: Look at that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's got killer views and square feet?
Speaker 3: What is that waiting on you?
Speaker 2: Got it?
Speaker 5: Uh trampoline And so that's the what's more, that's another pools.
Speaker 3: The pool is just this it's infinity.
Speaker 2: Okay, Okay, that's what we're doing. Okay, okay, But.
Speaker 1: Were waiting on you? Maybe happy early birthday? Send me what you're wearing so I know what kind of game I have to come with this Saturday. And man, safe travels, bro L. You can catch this on the DraftKings Network and all the Smokes Productions YouTube. Man, we'll see y'all next week.
Speaker 2: Peace,