Speaker 1: Hey, bet six ers, this is Willie One show. You're about to listen to an automated ad read after this call to action. If you're on the Busting with the Boys audio channel. If you want to listen to for the Dads automated ad free, be sure to head over to the for the Dad's channel. And wherever you listen to us on audio, enjoy this episode afore the Dads. Can I be honest, yes, I hate this episode already. What's going on? I know we just started, but I hate this episode because the pocket I feel like I'm in now not being in. Last week you go solo, and by the way, you guys did a phenomenal job. I had some great giggles, but you were up a three hour sod and now it's like sitting here. No, we got racing with the boys here in a little bit and we got to keep it around an hour. I see what you mean. Now, Now I'm just in a tough pocket to kick off to say good morning to pop A team six listening in right now. They're holding their hot coffee, They're already hitting their steering wheel. It's like, damn it is this will Is he keeping us around an hour.
Speaker 2: It's not well, hey guy, okay, one, I see what you mean about you hate this SOD. I understand that there were comments though of hey, they didn't keep it under an hour, you know, like oh long, soed, But hidden in there was also like this is nice every now and then, yeah, you know what I mean, not like hey, we want this every single week, Like you could tell, people are like, hey, it's kind of long.
Speaker 1: A lot I saw a lot of good praise for the accents. Good. I'm glad that the fan bases came out. Sure and keep the accents going. Don't listen to the haters, don't listen to the naysayers. Mane, the love was in the air. We missed you dearly.
Speaker 2: It was like very it was very felt on set of trying to find our footing for like that first fifteen minutes it was going, but it was like, man, we're missing buddy.
Speaker 1: Look. I was in the fetal position. I was wearing sweats, I was under covers, I was sucking my thumb. I was praying to God to take this strip throat away.
Speaker 2: I oftendn't comment about how raspy your voice is, how gravelly your voice is. Whenever I impersonate you. Yeah, you were almost unrecognizable when you called me that Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Yeahe with some optimism, with a little OPTI well, I had a little bit juice coming in and I still had a little frog going on in my throat. Will was on the phone. This is what he sounded like. And this way he told me, I'm actually doing way better. I actually feel really good.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh my god, you sound like you're getting strangled right now.
Speaker 1: Oh dude, it was Can we show the picture of the tonsil? Absolutely, I'll shoot you the pick right well, not right now, but after this. A matter of fact, you're gonna have to annoy me about three or four times a day to send you the picture. I actually have the tonsil pick. You can annoy me. There we go there, Yah, dude. Was it was like a knife was coming out of my throat and it just it jumped on me. Number one, I'm will comf in this. Sherman Young. Welcome for the dads. If you're new here, we call our audience pop A Team six. This is just a show for the dads. We're gonna bitch and complain a lot. This is not a show about being an expert father. This is not a show about how we are the greatest dads of all time. This is actually a show about how we do our best to stay grounded and the most important in the most during, the most important responsibility of our lives. Yeah, and just for an example, like we have an incredible community. We have a big update on Evy the Brave And if you guys know, you guys know the lore of Evy the Brave. She had a tumor near her her spine that she had to get removed and get operated on. We have an awesome update there on how she's doing. We have pt six community. We got shoutouts, we got follow ups, we got emails, new dads, things that moments that we crack a cold one two dad lost his times that we've gotten motherfucked, We've gotten you know, maybe a little cursed out. But you just know, you took a massive lump. You took a massive l I actually had one last night that I can talk about. Oh, let's go. We have voicemails. You can call into one of the dads, leave a voicemail. Vent to the boys. Again, you guys teach us as much, if not more than we feel like the audience gets from this show because we have an awesome community and we have reminders. I'm going to read a lesson here from The Daily Dad that I read this morning. That was just a good reminder in staying grounded because there's so many moments, there's so many times where I feel like I'm not being the most intentional dad, I'm not being the most intentional husband. Sherman. I talk at length about a lot of those moments, and we basically just use these microphones to talk about dad life.
Speaker 2: That's really that's really weird that that is your lesson of.
Speaker 1: The week the Daily Dad.
Speaker 2: The hint that you just did is pretty much my my the trenches.
Speaker 1: Mine is around like fleeting, how time is fleeting? Okay, and we're losing them way faster than we think. But then you don't Then you don't think you're losing that fast because then you're in the suck. You're arguing before bedtime. Rue wants a cookie, she melts down, there's music playing, Scotty's hitting her, Ruse running. Rue pushes Scotti down, and you're like, buddy, this is the time is ticking slow here? Yeah, yeah, yeah, But I digress. Where was I going?
Speaker 2: You were going? Basically, you were going with the entry Dad. It happens on six on one the dads. You can call in or you could ride an email in six on one. The dad's at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Yes, if you're on international soil, you're on international soil. But your boy was out last week. I had strip throat. Yes, it jumped on me like a gorilla. So Charo was doing a company retreat down in Chattanooga, that's right. So it was me rocking solo with the kiddos, and we were having a great time. And Saturday night rolls around. I get them both down and scotti. She wakes up a couple times before midnight. But I'm in like a zen zen state. I'm watching some TV. I'm having some time, some solo dad time that you just cherished. The house is quiet, you got the kiddos upstairs, you're not going out. You cherish the times on your couch on the weekends. Now compared to the goon berets out there, who are you know? Videos left and right. They're downtown, they're out late, they're drunk, they're doing all the things. Yeah, I'm cherishing the solo time on the couch, rooftop, bar versus solo down. Yeah. Oh, Scotty's up right now. She needs help with pat pass, she needs help with her pacifire. Let me go help her out because I'm in a phenomenal mood. Yeah. I go to bed and Scotti wakes up another time around one thirty, Go upstairs, get her down. I'm like, man, it's gonna be a rough. It's already shaping up. She's woken up three times since bedtime. She's probably gonna wake up again. She's having a little moment. Rue's sleeping next to me in the bed. We're doing a sleepover since mom's out of town. And then Scotty wakes up. Get up again, and it's around like three forty five, three fifty, and I feel something in my throat and I feel like a little bit of a headache, but not much to where I'm like, oh, what's going on? Hopefully it's nothing. Go up correct, Scotty, go back downstairs. I can't really go back to sleep, Like it's like my eyes are closed, but a TV's just on the entire time in my head. Yeah, you know what I mean, Like you're not forcing your eyes closed or just closed but the TV still yeah, brain's still on heavy and dude, I get up the next morning to kind of get the kiddos up, like Ru's kind of like in my face, Dad, let's go get Scotty. Let's go get Scottie. And I'm like, man, I am just not feeling good right now. Still feel in my throat like when I'm swallowing and everything else. I'm like, hopefully this is just something that's fleeting. Because we got Josh Payton coming on Busting with the Boys. This is last year. Last week's Oh Rollodex, we had Josh paid on Bust with the Boys. We went did the training camp tour where the boys went to out in LA. We hit the Rams training camp, we hit the Chargers training camp, and we're gonna hit the Raiders' training camp. Yep. All within the three day rollod X. Throughout the week. Oh my, I can't be getting you know, like Chef always coins, there's no time to get sick. You don't have time to get sick. Tro doesn't get home till about one o'clock. So I go on and I take my temperature and I'm running like a low grade fever like ninety nine to eight something small chump change. Yeah, yeah, yeah. But as the morning gets go, like I'm just like drained of energy. And then by the time charg gets home, I'm like, hey, if I can just get a nap in Like my garment didn't log any sleep data, if I could just go and get a nap, And it was kind of the same thing I just started. I just got worse. Like as I was taking the nap, my eyes were closed. But again it's like I was wide awake, and then I start getting the chills and then I take my temperature again. I'm one o two point eight and I just feel like dog shaking. She's like, go, try to hit one of the walk in clinics. So I go and hit the walk in clinic, like right before six o'clock. It's on a Sunday, so about every pharmacy everything closes around six, if they're not already closed. Yeah, but I get to uh, it's like care or something in Nashville, like these like Care now, yeah, Care now, Care now? Walking there, get logged in and this dock sees me. They swap me everywhere. I'm doing the COVID test, I'm doing the SHREP test. I'm doing the culture. I'm doing everything. They're gagging me. They got the fucking cue tip down in the back of my throat. I'm starting to like almost cuts. And then they run the test, and the test take about thirty minutes, and I'm just sitting in this in this room, in this doctor's room, just shivering, bro, cold shorts and T shirt, thinking what the hell is going on? Like what's taking so long? I go and step out. I'm like, hey, is there any update? Like I'm in fucking hell right now. You checked on your order with that bro.
Speaker 2: I'm by myself in the waiting room, like up on the table the little crinkly white paper. I can't like lay back and get comfortable. I'm just like shivering. I'm like cold, where's the stake? I ain't None of y'all are checking on me.
Speaker 1: We got some pedia lte, then we got some water. Can I get something? You just saw my tomass are swollen and uh fortunately that spot care? Now? Is that what you said? Care? Now? They had the antibiotics there like a max is stilling to start on because like you tested positive for strapping. I'm like, how in the fuck did I get strapped? Throat thirty six year old grown man getting to middle school.
Speaker 2: That was like the Voldemort, Voldemort back in the day, dude before COVID, before swine flew back.
Speaker 1: In school man, grade school. Somebody has stripped throat. It's like, oh, you got to stay away from that dude GTFO for like a week. Yep, come back. Yeah, And so I get stripped thrown, I get on antibiotics. I'm hitting the chats like obviously. I text you guys, you know you're not gonna be uh, I'm gonna be contagious for at least twenty four hours, like twenty four to forty eight hours, depending on how I feel. I started to hit, you know, turning around around Tuesday is when I started to feel better. But I was fucking down and out. Bro. Then it gets to Rue. You know, she's helping take care of dad Dad, and she knows I'm sick, and she knows I've been laying around like all day. Yeah. Rue starts, like, in my opinion, forcing a cough, like Ru has like mild asthma, and so she'll use her at haler. But she, you know, she tries a cough, and if Rue's sick, she gets to watch some TV so I feel like she's negotiating trying to watch TV by saying like she's not feeling good, she's sick. We're out of the butterol or whatever it's called for the UH for the asthma. Yeah, so Charlo just like, let's just you take her to the pediatrician on Wednesday. Take her to the pediatrician, see you, like, just get her checked out, because again, I got striped throat, highly contagious. I've been kissing on the kiddos, loving on them, yeah, all weekend long. It can like it can like what is it incubated? Is an incubating phase like two to five days before you even get strapped, like you it could be passed around. Yes, So we're already worried that the kiddos are going to get sick. We're worried that Mom's gonna get taken down. We're worried about the whole thing because again, strep throat. Take her into the pediatrician on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: She tests positive for strep throat. No, yes, did she really?
Speaker 1: And the pediatricians saying that there's like a percentage of kids like they could operate asymptomatically, like she could have had this for a week or two and you not known it. Oh, this was sorry last Wednesday, Last Wednesday, after I'm coming out of strep. Yeah, and we're kind of questioning, like, how did I get stripped throat? Like you guys have talked about being sick in July or the fourth of July, but nothing that's like strep thrower, Like char was under the weather before she went to Chattanooga, but she wasn't like six sick. Oh damn. So like maybe Charo had it and she was like asymptomatic. Yes, maybe she's just tough for me in the fucking a gap. Yeah, and I'm kind of coming to grips with how in the hell did I get stripped throat? Find out rude tests are positive for strip throat, Like she had a red throat, but that's all she had. She didn't really have any symptoms. She's kind of asymptomatic. And they're like, has she went any to any camps or parties recently? I'm like, she went to a fucking birthday party last week where there was like forty kids. Your own blood, my own blood. Took me down. But we were also very thankful that she wasn't experiencing symptoms because.
Speaker 2: Obviously it just takes you out. Yeah, but had rude gave me strip throw.
Speaker 1: Give you flowers.
Speaker 2: I like, as long as I've worked here, I've seen you power through. I feel like you and Taylor y'all powered through like anything, and just y'all go go, go go constantly. To get the text that we got. I didn't even need more. You could have literally said, won't be their strap throughout. It would have been like, oh shit, that's a bad strap, because will never misses.
Speaker 1: I always feel like I have to break it down because part of me doubts anytime that somebody is sick. Yeah, I think it's a flaw of mine.
Speaker 3: I also said, though, you said there's people there with kids, so you did take the route Like if it was just the boys in the shop and none of us had wives and kids at home, you would have been in here.
Speaker 1: We would have made it work.
Speaker 3: But you did send the text for me, like, I know that there's people like, we're having kids in this office.
Speaker 1: Now there's newborn, there's newborns. Run they take it home like that's a I was. I was thinking about that.
Speaker 2: But it's probably also the NFL in you of like when you're hurt, like, hey, I'm I'm actually hurt, Like I everybody in this organization to know that I'm actually hurt, or else I'd be on the field.
Speaker 1: My mom also just didn't play that shit. Oh yeah, like you. We were always going to school no matter what unless you're truly just down and out like high fever, all that stuff to where she knows for sure there's evidence that you could be really sick right now, Yeah, because there'd be times and you know, hats off to her, like I would put apple sauce in my mouth at dinner and then hold it in there and then say I'm gonna go take a shower and then go in the shower and then you know, quote unquote like vomit the apple sauce in the shower and then come out be like I'm puked everywhere and try to show, you know, things like get out of going to school the next day. Probably because I was like ripping around with the Game Boy yellow version on Pokemon.
Speaker 2: My mom's go to him is instantly, oh, oh you're sick, all right, put some clothes on.
Speaker 1: We're going to the doctor.
Speaker 2: We're going right now, and we're gonna go, We're gonna go wait in the waiting room because we don't have an appointment, and we're gonna wait there all day, and we're gonna you're gonna go to the doctor. And after two times of that of me faking it, I was like, Okay, I don't want to fake sick anymore because I just sit in a waiting room at a doctor's office and then the doctor tells my mom, yeah, he's fine, and it's miserable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And you would almost test it because you it's like you had friends that would like, just have a cough and they get to stay home. Oh yeah, dude, what the fuck? How are you pulling that off? You said, at home playing video games all day? Can you just have a stuffy nose? Yeah, dude, just just do a couple of costs.
Speaker 2: Go to the school nurse and tell me your throat hurts really bad, and by be strap and they call your mom.
Speaker 4: You guys, ever experienced the fear of like, you do feel sick, but you're not like one hundred percent, but you feel kind of shitty, and you're going to the doctor and your parents are like, you better be sick. Oh, I swear to God, you better be you better, you please test positive for something.
Speaker 1: Because now that we're parents, you gonna you can kind of see it. You're kind of like wasting their time. They might have to take off work because they're having to take care of the big time. Like you know, motherfucker, you're taking my PTO right now. Yes, my mom.
Speaker 2: Would be legitimately like loving, caring mother and I love you, miss saying as she listens to the show. But she could sniff out a rat and it pissed her off so much. If we were she knew when we were faking sick, and so it was her mission to prove that you were not sick. Take you to the doctor, and you better test positive for something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like think that they might have like a big day of work, or there's a big week ahead that they might be excited about, and you just wake up on the wrong side of the bed trying to fake sick. Did in the Zoolander cough And then the parents got to play the guilt of they don't believe you. But also, man, I'm a shitty parent if I don't make sure they're actually not sick. If they actually are sick, So let me check the boxes of making sure they are sick. Then you find out they're not, then it fuels the piste off. This dude, you're fucking lying to me all the time, you little shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then they're dropping me off at school and going, hey, extra homework for him, by the way, Yeah, because I know we missed a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, walk up to your teachers. Actually asked for some bonus words. I don't want to report when you get home from school that you went back to your first hour and second hour and ask for some extra work.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how can I get caught up? So sorry for visiting your class. I mean really, it did feel like that chef, that was a great call.
Speaker 4: And then there's nothing like when you actually do test positive and they're like, oh okay, Like I guess he actually calls my dad would call my mom like, yeah, he actually is sick, you test spot. I had my tonsils taken out because I got stripped seven times in.
Speaker 1: Two years, seven times.
Speaker 4: Seven times, and the doctor said that I took more antibiotics that it would just stop working. And then it's like that's a big problem. So I had to get by the way for a non invasive, super invasive surgery. The worst like it ruins a month of your life. Fucking blows dude.
Speaker 1: How vulnerable was your immune system?
Speaker 4: It was just strip after I got my tonsils taken out. I think I've gotten sick three times, and that was in fourth grade, says the thing.
Speaker 1: I've never gotten my tonsils taken out.
Speaker 2: The immune system is a crazy thing too, like when you're talking about Rue and her being asymptomatic and how certain bodies react to certain stuff.
Speaker 1: My mom always.
Speaker 2: Talked about that we have the same pediatrician, my brother and I. The doctor would come out with my brother's file, you know, each time, and it was this big, and he would come out with my file and it was this big. Like my brother whenever he got anything, it would hit him like how strap just hit you? And then with me, I guess it was like I was probably getting sick, but just it wasn't all the symptoms and stuff that would keep you out of school.
Speaker 1: I know. It's such a better feeling though, being like the alpha on the alpha side of it, of like your immune system can't get penetrated. Yeah, but you and you get to look at all the sick people like the there like they're inferior a little bit like all his voice who get sick and they take it a little hard buddy like I got a I got a comment here that made me laugh. I got I gotta see it. Fine one go ahead, rip one sharm. While was looking, the.
Speaker 2: Boys had Will's back and stood tin toads down against any slander on his name.
Speaker 1: Respect.
Speaker 2: That came from DJ pac One on YouTube. We hey, we did go to go to bath for you?
Speaker 1: By the way. Yeah, I know there's some I know, I appreciate it. There was some.
Speaker 2: Crazy shit coming out of intern Chris's mouth, and Chris is a bit of a shit talker. I miss him already in the internship program.
Speaker 1: I know, Lee, I know you only man, where's this dude who called who said I had positas? Because I have one here from Chris Stack. This is Chris Stack and Walt ninety five zero seven. I'm literally in tears listening to you guys. Go in on, Chris, hang in there, Chris, go big red. We'll didn't show up for the pod, just like he doesn't show up to cut his grass. That's from Benji Golf's.
Speaker 2: Oh come on, Benji, hold on old one.
Speaker 1: Oh Darren, you crushed with these deacon sure need to quit. Sorry.
Speaker 2: This comes from Franklin pronunciation eight four zero one on YouTube. Franklin says decon Schermaney to quit meat writing Willie flat tire. There's zero chance of healthy will Compton can change a tire without help from YouTube. That's a grown ass man. That's on www dot internet dot. Why are YouTube shaming people? To take a little reminder, why are we YouTube shaming people?
Speaker 1: My wife checked me. My wife checked me. Yes, I walked it through hout to change of tires. She said, just don't forget you want to loosen the lugnuts before you jack it up. That's a great reminder, sweetheart, she checked you. She checked me. So to that comment, I say, that's bullshit, Like I know how to change a tire.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 1: Would my fleeting brain have forgot to loosen the lugnuts? I would have went back on YouTube to get reminded. Yes, but that would have refreshed my mind. Oh yeah, that's of course, you got to loosen the lugnuts before you jacked that thing up and change it.
Speaker 2: But you also have the brute strength that it probably wouldn't have even been an issue, right, you would have And another dad hack you play, you put the jack on there, or you put the whatever that thing is, give it a little stomp.
Speaker 1: Yeah, get it going, Get it going.
Speaker 4: After that episode, Chris came up to me. He was like, I love that, like whole bit thing that me and Sherman had about Shirream defending will there. I was like, it's not a bit, just the mess of them. He was, There's.
Speaker 1: It looks a lot of heat my way over the last week. It's crazy. We have a show called for the dads. Yeah, you have the clip that chef can play right now.
Speaker 6: I mean, I really wish you'd start cutting some grass, because when you learn to strike, there ain't nothing better.
Speaker 1: Brother.
Speaker 6: When I pull up and I see my grass, I'll be like, and I have to learn the hard way. He'll make that zero turn of a little bit too tight, tear up. You got a three point turn. You gotta take it easy. And now since you move, you got a couple of acres.
Speaker 2: Now you know, I don't I have like an acre, Willie boy, ain't cutting the grass.
Speaker 6: Man, it's just beneath you. Is that what you're saying.
Speaker 2: No, it's not beneath me. I just would rather just not cut the grass. It's crazy, Like I just sit there and I'm like, man, do I want to put time and to cutting the grass?
Speaker 6: There's something?
Speaker 1: Can I pay somebody just cut my grass?
Speaker 6: And then you could, But you're missing out on what it feels like to just it's just different, bro, when you cut grass, when you spend time out in nature, like psychologically, I think it speaks to each and every one of us. That's why they tell you to go out in the morning and ground stretching, you know, That's why he says I feel young. I feel young too. But you, on the other hand, you're like, man, I'm getting old clay.
Speaker 1: Questioning me mowing the yard because I don't mow the yard anymore, even though when I was a young jed like, I've done my fair share of mowing the yard. Not my cup of tea. Like guys writing poems about how great it is to cut your yard and a fresh mode lawn and you get done with it, the beer hits better than this. Look.
Speaker 2: I'm with you, but I've done it, and it's like I don't care to do that every week to I don't mow the yard.
Speaker 1: I'm question on changing attire. One thing you can't question me on is that boy willy see on the grill? Is that boy willy see on the grill? Where did that talk in red meat chicken, whatever it is? Where did that get born?
Speaker 2: Because that happened somewhere on the bus before I started working here, like I was hearing little things about how you don't know how to grill?
Speaker 1: Who's that you think? That's why? Now are you gaslighting? Meslighting? You am? I am? I off? By saying off, people question me on the real question.
Speaker 2: They're like, why don't you cut your meat whenever you take pictures to show it?
Speaker 1: You know how? You know how the internet is when it comes to like everybody's an expert on the internet, you gotta take shot. Nothing's going to be perfect on the internet.
Speaker 2: We gotta do some kind of grill day, dude. And it doesn't even have to be a grill off. I'm talking like a chili like you know those like chili cookoff things where like everybody kind of wins there is a best chili, but like at the end of the day, everybody got to have some chili. Yeah, we need to have like a meat cookoff here at the office.
Speaker 1: You're just you're known as a grill guy. When your wife brings up early in the day, early in the afternoon. We did it on we did it this past Sunday. She's like, you want a grill tonight? And right there that question it's all now on the man, it's all now on hobby. Yeah, it's like, yeah, what do we want a girl, sweetheart? What are you feeling? You want burgers? You want steak, you want chicken, you want veggies? How big? How much do we want to do this up? Because she already.
Speaker 2: Knows Dad's got it, and if that didn't have it, you know what her question is, Hey, where are we getting take out from tonight?
Speaker 1: You're right, that's what you don't want to hear. You don't want to hear. Should we grill tonight? Followed up with you know what, let's just order out?
Speaker 2: Made question too, stops yourself made question to go Actually, you know what, we could just order out?
Speaker 1: That tells you that your wife doesn't actually trust you on the grill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which I'm in a dangerous spot, guys. I told you all about my last steak. That was my last steak that I've made. I've yet to get a new grade for my grill.
Speaker 1: That was the last steak that you made. It was the one that I tried to do in the oven and reverse sear. Yeah. Look, you're gonna take losses on the grill. Like Chef Jack. His name is Chef Jack. Why because he whips it up in the lap. That's all I took it. I took an l on a Sunday. And that's what happens, right, Like, you're never gonna You're never gonna bat a thousand. You know the analogy with baseball players and hitting home runs. Yeah, batting averages with three out of ten. Yeah, No, on the grill, you're gonna have a higher percentage if you're an actual, if you know your way around a grill. Yeah, you're gonna take a couple of losses. Like I had the boys over a few years ago or a couple of years ago, and I was fired up about making them my apple jalapenos smoked ribs. But I overdid them. I overcooked them a little bit. That's what I think.
Speaker 2: That's what it Maybe that's what it was, probably because that was like one of the times, like one of the moments.
Speaker 1: And dude, there is not a harder critic on themselves than Willy. See when it comes to my smoking ability or grilling ability. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I was bummed. Bro. You talk about Derek was referring to sitting over here and the lights getting brighter. You talk about like having bright lights that day and then not showing up when the time came, especially, and then all the boys eating. You're eating yourself. You don't even need to fucking hear people's opinions. That's what you take it by yourself. And it's a little too tough, and they're not falling off the bone like they usually do. I don't even need to hear you pat me on the back. Oh well, this is actually really due.
Speaker 4: It's it's more insulting when they come at you like no, no, it's like, it's shut the fuck up.
Speaker 1: I know what it is. It's not that bad. It's like, no, man, you're fucking wrong. It is that bad.
Speaker 3: No, dude, I had like four, I had like four or five of them. They're pretty good, dude. Flip of that. Best feeling in the world. I got to grill out at the bachelor party we were at. Everyone fucking loved everything. There's no better feeling in the better Blackstone too, chef. So it's a Blackstone dogs, burgers, broccolini with lemon and cheese over top.
Speaker 1: But say, stay out of the you do uh yeah, you do burgers, You do dogs, Yep, you do. But your main dish is the smoked ribs when your boy hits you with when your boy hit you with. Hey, the burgers are gas, though, and it's like, fuck, dude, we're talking burgers, like, of course the solid for the most it's kind of hard to mess.
Speaker 4: Up the burgers and dogs as we're talking about burgers, but.
Speaker 1: The one you feel most like this is the one I want to hit. I had.
Speaker 3: I had thirteen guys in Tampa talking about broccolini. That's where I was like, ooh, I kind of got a thing going on that, you know, everything was there. Yeah, I feel you though, because like I think, we do this tradition now with my friends back home when when I go home for Christmas, I don't see them very often. So my two high school buddies come over, one guy's wife, my parents. I cook a huge meal, so we do chicken, we do steak.
Speaker 1: Yaha. First meal I did it.
Speaker 3: I tried to do Cat's dats carne asada, then skirt steak, lemon and everything. We took it with us on the right back because it was beef jerky. That's how tough it was. Everyone lied to my face and said it was good. And I stood up at dinner and I said, I'm gonna take a toast. I'm gonna say, you guys got to stop lying.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: See, you're beating yourself up enough. You can't live in this false reality.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, God, and the skirt steak, dude, just that go lee. The amount of times that I'm like, okay, I know ten minutes tops, like ten minutes tops, and I'm gonna do and oh it's raw.
Speaker 1: I cut it. It's raw, it needs a little bit more.
Speaker 2: And then but you do a little bit more and now all of a sudden it's it's great, completely gray, beef jerky.
Speaker 1: God, this is just just waxing poetic over the grill.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. We should do a little a grill. We had grills here, We could girls, gott are grills?
Speaker 1: Got we have? We talked about that on a podcast. I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I took a journey to find them, dude. I took a picture of seven girls in the neighborhood that I found and we came back. None of them were ours. I went over to the homeless encampment, didn't see anything. Yeah, package of stuff in it for busting in the grill, which is a crazy place to drop it off, but yeah, grills.
Speaker 1: When you brought that up and then I had because that was when strep was happening, I was like, oh, yeah, I drove in on Saturday because I put a I wanted to get away and do it, got a babysitter, hit some focus work for a minute. But when I pulled in, you just I didn't notice the grills there. I was like, I know they were going on Saturday. Yeah, yeah, So they must have got sniped on Friday.
Speaker 3: So sad because we've talked so many times about cooking grills out, like Chevin Sherman like, we should just get some steaks and just cook for the boys we had and aspirations for those girls, and they're gone.
Speaker 2: We still have that weber right there. It's charcoal, right, charcoal that we I mean, that's that's all we need. You can do a little little something something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, listen, I'm just here to defend my position. On You can question me on all the other things out there, don't question Willie one shell, Willie mose, Willie flat tire, Willie flat tire. When my wife sent me the photo of her changing the flat tire, first of all, sending the picture when I was down bad and she had the flat tire, I was like, oh shit, that sucks, and then sending the photo I don't know, fifteen twenty minutes later her changing the tire, like what a superhero. But also it's another this low key she doesn't know. She just gave me a fat l on not changing my wife's tire. And do you like the deep pull of the Ginner act? By the way, I hit Chris with the Inner Act.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'd like to see you with the flashlight fixing your guinner act during ice storm.
Speaker 1: Dude, Uh, it's funny bring that up. I forget. Oh the Raiders. We were out at the Raiders and the alumni. They were like one of the best alumnizations, like as far as treating their former players phenomenally, and they brought up there like when that ice storm hit, we were talking like we should send you just a Raider logo generator, just ship it to your house and I was like, oh my god, you guys think differently. That would have been so sick, that would have been nuts.
Speaker 2: The raidak and injured Chris with the uh couldn't think of your third team and it was the Raiders. So he was blanking on you said it, they're black and silver. He goes, hey didn't play for the Steelers. I heard that. I know you guys missed the fourth team though it yea, I think for damfid Atlanta Annual.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, later on, Yeah, I'd be back. I got no trust me, Charles. She listened to the pot too, and she was like, they're giving you way too much credit, like they're thinking, you know how to do everything. Hell yeah, let the boys battle for me. Right now. You had you, you were on your deathbed. We had you had to. I said that you would slash somebody's tired to prove. Did they come in and say I can mix it? I got you? Oh man, I should have just came in on Friday and just just change Chris's tires. Were you gonna say swirling? You're say change a tire and then give him a swirly? Do change the tire? Hey, Chris, you really are a great answer. You can change the tire. Just keep water board them in the toilet bowl. Call me Dad.
Speaker 2: I really didn't think that your goncais siould come in on Friday.
Speaker 1: Just swirling, man. I have some shout outs here.
Speaker 2: I have some shout outs from Nathan Ramirez on Spotify. He says, hey, boys, just wanted to give a big shout out to my buddy Keith. Him and his wife just welcome their baby girl, Nora, to the world on July twenty four, and let's go, guys. He's going to be a great father. And I just recommended the pod to him. It'd be awesome to get him on the show to help him through the trenches. And remember, take out the trash.
Speaker 1: Take out the trash. I got one here from Jared rasberry O. What's up, boys, love the show in the community. You guys have built Miss Willie one shehelf this last episode. But shrham Deek Chef Chris, you guys crushed it. I just wanted to give a shout out to my beautiful wife Ali, who is blessed me with the five beautiful baby six four, three one and four months. My god, I know absolutely trench warfare. I have no idea how she does what she does. On top of being a stay at a mom to five kids who seem to be related to Donnie Thornberry, she runs a co op for other homeschool families in our area, is involved in our church, and always seems to have a meal ready for me when I get home. I'll never understand how you remain so patient and loving during the tantrums, blowouts, dinner time messes. And I'm so thankful for you. Love you, babe. Jared Aggie sicko ps last weekend without ball till February. It is we are getting close to ball season. We are. That was almost my crack a cold one. This community getting fired up, like listening to this for the dads knowing that ball is on the horizon. I oh, but truly I was writing my.
Speaker 2: Little pre show notes and for my crack a cold one, I had written out like fall is coming, essentially, And then I was like, this is not a football podcast. Is not football podcast. It's a dad podcast. It's a dad podcast.
Speaker 1: What do dad's love? We love football, dude, dude, we love football. You talk about some losses that we're going to take during the season.
Speaker 2: Saturday's Yeah, dude, I know my watch going back.
Speaker 1: You've been watching football day long. I got sweetheart. It's just part of the gig. It's part of the gig that I'm in.
Speaker 2: It's part of the gig we already were prepping accordingly, Scarlett has her very first cheerleading UH uniform is a DCC cheer uniform that she was gifted on her first birthday. It will fit her probably around November ish, would be my guess.
Speaker 1: That's when you start pushing for a title. November. Yes, sir, you don't win a championship in September, no August, no October even.
Speaker 2: It's in November when the championships are won. And then that led to now she's getting a TCU uniform, So now I gotta take action. Dad's gotta be a good dad for his team. I'll get her a Baylor uniform. My mom is ordering her in Alabama cheer uniform. So now it's just the battle of the cheer uniform.
Speaker 4: Don't yeah for Charlotte. Don't let it come in. Lose the package, Scout. The package didn't come in.
Speaker 2: Oh honey, oh no, what about the ut one that you didn't you order both of those together. They both didn't show these porch pirates. Dude, it's getting crazy. We have to get a ring, honey.
Speaker 1: The only thing we have to be conscious about is the empty siccos that tune in. We start talking a little too much ball, they're gonna be like, this isn't why, this isn't why we tune into the show. Now what we can do is, I do think we need like a week one, Like, how whoever families out there are getting their kiddos ready for football season, because whether your hubbies is obviously it's the hubby, but I know there's some empty sicicos that love their ball as well. But however, you're dressing up the kiddos. Maybe we do like a roller dex at the end of the sod like shouting out and showing off all the photos game gear, yeah, game day gear, the fans that that there are audiences in I love that idea. Just you gotta embrace the season, you do. And what hey?
Speaker 2: And when I racked my brain and I said that podcast staff podcasts, what would.
Speaker 1: The empty sicicos want to hear about? Guess what?
Speaker 2: I pivoted my cracker cold one too. Scarlett is about to move up a class in daycare.
Speaker 1: There you go, yeah, hell, that's gonna get them going. Talk about the move of the daycons.
Speaker 2: She's growing up, she's getting older, and all the moms are like, that's the ship we're looking for. There we go, sirp they didn't, but that is my crack. A cold one can steal your lollipop. Deck good toss, good time, good tak logo, Oh strawberry vanilla. Scarlett is moving up a class here very soon.
Speaker 1: She has not moved up yet.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about it today because I think I'm kind of I'm mentally preparing myself. The sadness of her growing up is really starting to hit me in a real way. She just crawled up our stairs all by herself the other night, and where you know, obviously on either side of her there to like make sure that she makes it. We were spotting, we weren't helping her up the stairs. She crawled the whole way.
Speaker 1: Gets to the top. It's like a hell, Mary just landed, dude. It was awesome.
Speaker 2: It was so sick. I even told her, I was like, look look at what you just did. Look down there. You just climb that and just her tea dude, like her daycare teachers like, we love them.
Speaker 1: They love Scarlet.
Speaker 2: You have like all these little things that they like help teach Scarlet in their class. But now she's moving up to the older class. And it's like, oh, before she goes up to the older class, she needs to be only one nap a day. She needs to only be doing passes when she's napping, and no bottles, she needs sippy cups with straws, and like there's all these like benchmarks and I'm like, is this middle school?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Like I'm like, I'm like, dude, this is crazy. Like she's moving up a whole grade and she's got to get her big girl on, which makes me really sad. But she is getting her big girl on, which is really cool. I like it in the same breath. But then I still walk into that, Like even this morning, I walked into her class and she's a late birthday July, so a lot of her classmates have also moved up. She misses her friends and it's like an actual tangible thing that's crazy that like when she sees her friends they used to be in her class, she gets excited and wants to play with them. And now she's in this room with like a bunch of babies there on their little half moon donut little pillow thing, yeah, where they're laying on their backs, starfished out, and it's like, yeah, you're not that anymore, like you're you're all grown up and.
Speaker 1: It's wild.
Speaker 2: It's like really it's really sad, but it is a if you will crack a cold.
Speaker 1: One, yeah, absolutely, I feel you, bro. Like yesterday Rue started theater camp. It's over by the house, but I'm driving her to drop her off. But it's the kind of like first camp where there's no friends or people that she kind of knows. Yeah, and it's drop off, like they don't let you in the door, you kind of check in and they walk in the door themselves. So it's me a bunch of parents and a bunch of kids kind of standing outside before the door's open up to check in. But as we're driving over there, and I'm like, who are you excited theater camp? Like I'm kind of nervous for her because my damn, she's going in like rude, being four, Like she's going in none of her friends or people that she knows, is going to be there, and I'm like, I wonder how she's feeling. Yea, like, sweetheart, are you excited for theater camp? Like how are you feeling right now? Like what are your emotions? And whe'res driving over and she's like, I'm She talks about being nervous, like I'm nervous. I'm like, oh, sweetheart, that's a good thing. That means you got a little fear. You're also a little excited because it's new and you're gonna be You're gonna try and make new friends. Yeah, Like this is a great time to use your confident voice, like how you've been loving She's she's been on a kick of introducing herself to people, like saying like like Dad, I want to say tell them that I'm Rue and stuff like that, like Hi, I'm Rue and like what's your name. I'm like, this is a great time to practice that. And I'm like, Daddy gets Daddad gets nervous for absolutely everything new that I do. Every time I'm going to do something new, whether it's a new environment, a new thing, a new challenge, whatever it is, I'm always a little scared because I don't know how it's going to turn out, I'm also a little excited because I'm just like giddy and happy. I was like, it's totally fine and totally natural to be nervous, and we kind of talk through the emotion of it all. But when we get there at the door, I can tell she's just being really shy, like to a point to where she gets a couple tears in her eyes and she's like wiping her eyes before she walks in, and I'm just like, God, can I please walk in there with her, just to make sure. But she's like, uh, hi, Like what's your name? She's like rue. She hits her room, I'm like last name. Confidence. She kind of checks her off the list and goes in, and I was like, gonna walk in there with her because I could tell she's just kind of getting over being like just super nervous. And then the lady kind of just stops me and she just gives me being super sweet and she's like, we got it, don't worry, and I'm like, Okay, it's this is as much for me as it is for me. I just got to turn around and walk away. Yeah, she loved it, she had a great time, But I thought I empathize on them going up to a new level being around new kids, like just new atmosphere. It's like just like the emotion that you feel as a parent them growing up. Like just all the things, man, all the things. But my crack a cold one this week and shout out Ollipop, especially the the ras, the raspberry sorbet, raspberry sir Bert, Oh my crack of cole one. This week is going to go to Scottie Jolie tough. This chef rolled the video. Now, if you watched the video, shirm, Now do you have your phone on you? Yes, I'll watch the video real quick and then we'll come in.
Speaker 8: Here.
Speaker 1: You go, Scotty, pump your arms up, your arms.
Speaker 2: Okay, oh, welcome to the A gap ready said go go?
Speaker 9: Oh my god, yeah.
Speaker 1: That's good tough? Yes, yes, yes, how about that one? Does that get the blood going below the belt? Dude? Can I? Can I get the blood going even more? Please?
Speaker 2: Do lesson of the week? Why do we fall, master Wain so we can learn to pick ourselves back up again? I was gonna talk about Scarlet toughness. We're SYNCD, brother, We're what we're SYNCD up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Scarlet scarscar had a good tough this moment. She's just eating ship all the time because she's trying to learn how to walk and how how is it? Like uh like in that video when Scotti falls in here, going up in that in that little felt like a full minute, and she's like getting up, turn around, doing all this stuff. I'm just you know, Tron and I it's like we both like are grabbing ourselves of not saying any yeah or like having a reaction. Yes. I'm like, don't say nothing, don't say nothing, don't say I know that. See how she responds, See how she reacts. Yes, don't be all scared for because then it might make her cry. She turns around a mom wipes off her hands, and she takes off again. I'm like, come on, gokid, there's no better feeling, no better feeling.
Speaker 2: We had a big blow up oyster or clam sorry at Scarlet's first birthday and the event space and like some of the family members that got there early to set up or like putting all this stuff up, I'm distracting Scarlet while all this is being done. She gets up on the inflatable clam eats it, but not bad I've seen her do way worse. And she eats it and like kind of rolls out onto her stomach and you could see it was all women in there except for me, and like four or five of them just instantly look at Scarlet and everybody's about to be like.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? You okay? And I just go whoa, Scarlet, whoa?
Speaker 2: That was cool like that and like kind of helping her up, and she instantly got up and started climbing back on the clam again.
Speaker 1: Yes, sure, yeah, Scarlet, he shoulder and the women there.
Speaker 2: Oh, in my head, I was like, oh, that was so good. That was so good because Jill saw it too. Jill saw it too, and I've been I've been trying to kind of preach that what you just talked about, of like the like they got it yeah.
Speaker 1: And Jill's not like, oh honey, you're okay, like every single time, right, But it's so easy to have just the natural reaction of like, oh my gosh, are you are you okay? Yes? Yes, because I got to grab myself. I've had to grab myself a lot because I'll just like it's that was in real time in the video where it's like I'm like, oh, that was and I'm like I'm hoping it's not loud enough to they hear yeah, And I'm like, shut up, shut up, like let's see how is it? Yeah, turn around. And we've also been teaching her uh oh for little stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the daycare this was this morning. The day carey said that Scarlet kind of tipped over and fell, not like a full fall, but lost their balance. It fell and went oh. Because we've been just teaching that. I was just like little minor things. I was like, we haven't even taught her that when you fall over something that you say uh oh, and that like her brain just immediately was like, oh that was a mess up. That's just a little oh. That gets me juiced, It gets you. It does get the blow for Scotty ate ship In that just gotta eat shit like Scotti is.
Speaker 1: Tough, like Rue not not not so much. I don't want to say she's a pussy. She's not a pussy. She's just she's a feeler, she's emotional. I'm trying to drag my daughter right here on camera. But I see the iterations of them.
Speaker 10: Both hurt people, hurt people, Yeah, and honestly, I see a lot of myself like in Rue, Like I was a crier when I was little, Like I was like like.
Speaker 1: A lot of things that Rue is. Yeah, Scotti's just like a bulldog. Scotty's a bulldog. She falls down, she can, dude, I'm talking pop her head and you're you're doing the same thing, and she might like you know, start to cry and get up set or like run over to you and get a hug and then get back in almost to where she's mad that she got hurt, yes, and like oh you do you want me to do whatever? And they're like no, She's like no, Saudi's turning. Sadi's turn like, get back down and do it again. Yes, like Scotty's tough. Yes, you can eat it. That's the part I want. Because she's bleeding on both knees like she was from that faont Yeah, she cut up both knees. That's so sick. Yeah.
Speaker 2: The part that I want any listener to hear of this is it's not like the not crying cry, dude, cry like ya get it hurt cry.
Speaker 1: I want my daughter to like.
Speaker 2: Feel missions It's what you just explained, the hunger to get back in there, is what fires me up.
Speaker 1: And that was what I think it was. On this podcast, I was talking.
Speaker 2: About that walker, that huge spill that Scarlet took on the walker, Yeah, where she literally didn't let go the handlebars, so she not only hid her head, but she brought the walker down on her face. And I sat there for five minutes as Scarlet screaming into Jill's shoulder, being.
Speaker 1: Like, honey, we gotta get her back on the walker. She's gonna be scared of it.
Speaker 9: She's never gonna learn to walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we gotta get her on there.
Speaker 2: And before we ever had to force her back on the walker, as soon as she was done crying, she wanted right back on that thing and was doing the walker. And that got me so excited. I was like, dude, that's like, bottle that up and keep it forever. Yeah, that needs be so juiced.
Speaker 1: And then it just builds and builds and they just you just see you just see the resilience built over time. Yeah. Yeah, that rolled into my dad loss kind of I'm not gonna say, motherfucked. That was a motherfucked. Talked to me very calmly. This is what happened yesterday. Yesterday after this walk because we were what is that cheek wood? Yeah, going around cheek wood. We go home. It's probably seven thirty when we get home, so a little like it's past Scotty's bedtime, like you can just tell. Like they were run around. Rue's on her scooter the whole time, like their energy's low. Rue wanted to hear a Little Mermaid, the Little Mermaid Song when we got in the house, so we're playing a Little Mermaid song. A lot of noise is happening. Scotty and Rue aren't getting along. Scotty's trying to swing on Rue. Rue kind of pushes you down because she's trying to keep your distance, but then two hands are and push you down. Scottie gets mad and she's just chasing. Rue's running from Scottie and Scotty just got her like little arms and little body shit got no quiz. She ain't got no quiz. Chaos is kind of happening. We left the dishes out after dinner because Charl's like, we can just do when we get home. I'm like, okay, sweetheart, and not wanting to hit the dishes like right after dinner time, not like her holding something off. Yeah, I can kind of vibe on that. But it's my turn to do rue for bedtime, Charles turning to do Scottie Charos starts doing the dishes and cleaning while the chaos is happening. I'm kind of putting myself in there by telling them they like, hey, stop blah blah blah. Yeah, but I'm consuming football content on the phone. I'm on my phone, okay, so I'm not like sue him. Yeah. Well, we go upstairs. Ru has a moment because she wants a cookie and loses her fucking mind. We end up giving her a piece of a cookie, which we hated to do because she's crying to get the fucking cookie, like, hey, we don't operate that way. We go upstairs and rou wants Oh, she just tells me that I want to hug Okay, let's sit here, have the huggy at the cookie. Now. I'm talking with her about, hey, this shit isn't happening again to where you cry and get the cookie. I promise you, I prompt Look at me, I promise you. You cry again to get a cookie. You're not getting a cookie. You're gonna be very upset, very mad, very angry, and you're gonna go up to your room and you're gonna be upset at us because we're not going to give you a cookie, because we give you a cookie after or we give you what you want after you cry. You're gonna just think all I need to do is cry, cry for it. That's not happening. What's she saying in this moment? She's looking at me, she's not and I'm like, do you understand? And she's like yes. Then she stacks by the cookie, loving the cookie, the fucking cookie. Yeah, the fucking cookie. Charlo comes up, she's getting Scottie ready for bed. Charle comes over because Charle kind of snaps at Rue when she's crying about the cookie. Charle's like, stand up, come over here, here's your cookie. Like gets it, gets mad at her, gets in her ass a little bit. Charle comes out from cleaning Scottie up and just telling to like, hey, I'm sorry for snapping on you. There's a lot of stuff going on. Then Charles looks to me, Okay, yeah, it's me and Rue were sitting there cuddled on the couch. You know, I kind of my back and forth with Rue. She goes saying, hey, I'm sorry for snapping on you. There's a lot happening. She's like, hey, babe, it's nobody's fault. But in my brain, when I was doing the dishes, I'm thinking, Okay, i'll do the dishes. You'll take the kids upstairs and get them ready for bed, because clearly they're all yelling, they're all screaming, they're not getting along. Music's playing like it's past their bedtime. So I assumed I shouldn't have assumed. Next time, i'll communicate. And I'm like, fuck, because you're already like I need to be thinking. We need to be on the same wavelengths. She's like, but I need you to be a better teammate and just get the kids upstairs to get ready for bed. Like I don't know what you were doing, she could assume, And I'm already in my head like, fuck, I was watching. While I was watching, I was on my phone. Yeah, She's like, I'm handling dishes and you're kind of just waiting for I don't know what, and then we're both getting the kids upstairs. But I just I need you to be a better teammate and kind of see that ahead of time. Yeah, because She's like, if you would have done the dishes, I would have got the kids going upstairs like we normally do. And I'm like, I feel a little bit of like anger in my body because again I'm getting checked, and in that moment, I like feel this fizzle of like I was waiting on, like you're on Scotty. Like Scotty's clearly that passed her bedtime. I'm not going to take a route before Scotty because it should be I'm like making shit up in my head but feeling it anything, and I'm just like, Okay, I'm sorry and we just go. But I felt like I had a a very calm, stern talking to yeah, where my wife hits rue and then she slowly turns to me and she's like, I'm babe, now you honey. Yeah, that's a good dad boss. That's a good dad boss to learn for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a good learn You quite literally just explained a situation three four nights ago for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of almost. You know how some of those can go sideways, Like yes, I'm happy that she did calmly talk to me, because that can go you know, that can go a million different directions. You just kind of start arguing back and forth, but I was getting talking to on the couch just like rue us. Yeah. Yeah's like in my arm. Charle walks off to go back in there, and I was like, we kind of both got to talking to you there, didn't we. And She's like, yeah that dad.
Speaker 2: Oh man, that's a good dad loss. That's a good dad loss.
Speaker 1: But anyway, that was my uh, that was my my dad loss of the week, My dad laws. Oh dude, dogs dogs, dogs is what I wrote down? Yeah, I wrote down dogs.
Speaker 2: Dogs dogs, Dude. There were some This is such. This is probably one of those types of conversations that gets you in trouble on a podcast. But I'll just go ahead and dog's got in a way this morning. Yeah, dude, dogs. Yeah it uh. It was brought up that the dogs need to go on vacation to their grandma's house in Texas.
Speaker 1: For vacation, like permanent vacation. That's what I freestrained that.
Speaker 2: And the way he just asked that question, my exact response to my wife. My exact response to my wife because a part of the so lay this out.
Speaker 1: Something happened with the dogs and you and Jill sitting down and she goes, maybe the dogs need to go on vacation to Grandma's, like.
Speaker 2: A permanent vacation, and I go, I Jill, because this question was asked when Scarlett was only a couple weeks old and Lisa was in town, and we have the kennels, and Lisa could have driven back with them.
Speaker 1: Lisa is my mother in law.
Speaker 2: Love you, Lisa, And I had to like really stand up and puff my chest out.
Speaker 1: To keep the dogs, which they do you.
Speaker 2: Maybe saying they're scratching your nog and saying, Sherman, I thought you told your wife these are her dogs and it got you in the doghouse not two weeks ago. Yes, you're right on that, but I feel obligated of like almost like a marriage pact of like I said that these are my dogs. I said that I'm going to take care of these damn dogs until their last breath. And I'm quitting on these dogs. If I send him back to Texas. It's ripping my heart out. I don't want to send him back to Texas. So just for clarity, Jill's like, yes, permanent vacation. Yeah, but Jill, and sorry, this isn't like a Jill versus Sherman. This is just a conversation that Jill and I are having. Yeah, we are in the midst of this conversation, and you're.
Speaker 1: In your head thinking of all, like, man, I'm quitting my dogs right now.
Speaker 2: If I yeads, Dude, I like feel like I'm a really bad dog owner.
Speaker 1: What's the problem? Like what had happened that? What thing happened that led to that converse?
Speaker 2: Dude, It's just constant. It's just constant with the dog stuff. Like it's a ton of added responsibility. They're both really small breeds. They require a lot of attention. Jill's putting a ton of attention into Scarlet, as am I. But also like dogs are kind of my assignment. Yeah, a new house, new issues with else yeah, or scheduling, yes, Scarlet, yes, dude. And I mean truthfully, I was fifteen minutes late today because of Wrigley. Like I went outside and God forbid that fucking animal net. He got underneath the animal net somehow, And I've gone back to the animal net three times to like patch places where like he has gotten out and he's just finding these ways to get out, and I'm running around the house. I have scarlet in my arms. I've called his name five million times. I'm about to give up.
Speaker 3: I do think you need to invest a little thought into the invisible fence shot calling. Yeah, because the amount of effort, energy, money you got to see Blake shirtless, all the stuff that has come from you putting this fence in.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 3: I have heard from people we've never done. I heard from people that the invisible fence shot caller. Yeah, it just genuinely is the one for you.
Speaker 1: And they're not the expensive anymore more. Yeah you can, Yeah you can.
Speaker 4: They're very very cheap options out there that that is the ultimate, Like, hey, you don't want to run off And.
Speaker 1: When this fence is a recurring theme on this show, you bring up the fence, every fence.
Speaker 3: When this is becoming your new airport, the dogs are becoming his new airport.
Speaker 1: The new raccoon.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, sure, you put one in. Regley tries to get out twice. He'll never try to get out again. It just takes it takes two.
Speaker 1: It takes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no fun getting shocked, But I promise you won't try to run out again.
Speaker 1: You'll even test it on yourself. Yeah, yeah, we should, We should test it. Oh yeah, we had one for uh, for our dogs growing up. I had one for Tazoul fucking Sometimes he'd eat it and keep walking through.
Speaker 2: That's where that's where sugar our yellow labs. She got to the age where she was like, I just.
Speaker 1: Don't give a ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't give a ship, like I feel like Waffle would eat it.
Speaker 1: Well, no, Waffle doesn't wander off at all. Yeah, but yeah, Taz would fucking eat that. Shouldn't keep going through And we do with me and the boys, like we putting the shot collar on it. We'll go go over there and do it.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a cop you you're not able to hold a taser on your belt until you have been tased. Yeah, I think the same should apply for me.
Speaker 3: There's also a very clear I didn't realize delineation between when you send the dog on vacation, you're sending them with a loved one, when you send them to the farm the other thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, didn't know the difference, not a farm, going.
Speaker 2: To grandma's house, which they lived at grandma's house for like five years, so like they love Grandma's house. That's where Jill first brought him home. I appreciate just the like literally, the conversation that we just had right now brought my stress levels down. It provided me with an answer, It provided me with something that I should try.
Speaker 1: Sure, sorry, go ahead, Well, I was just gonna say.
Speaker 2: I think the dogs also provide a little bit of a challenge in responsibility for me and I it feels like I am not only quitting the dogs, but it feels like I'm quitting because that was the easiest thing to do. That was just the easiest solution, is just send them to fort work.
Speaker 1: As dog lovers listen, I love dogs for me A chip and the Grandma's not a bad take. If I could be the age that people are gonna beat six like people are like, bro, people are gonna lose their mind. I know, I know, I know, I know they're going to lose their minds.
Speaker 3: If you win this internal battle with your head, may I mind shift you real quick? Yeah, you are presenting your daughter with a childhood with dogs, in which I believe is the best childhood. So by you trying the invisible fence, I do believe you are sending your beautiful daughter on a projected path to grow up with dogs, which I don't know your two dogs. That is my I loved all the dogs we had growing up. I get your opinion, Will and I don't think that if the electric fence doesn't work, let's have another conversation. I think that if you win this internal battle of these dogs in your head, you're providing your family with a fun, awesome experience.
Speaker 2: Other thing that I left out, other thing that I left out.
Speaker 1: I'm becoming a cranky dad. You're you're just still sick, dude. It's not your fault. I don't what you just said. Yeah, you are right. Like, we had this conan Rottwiler that I grew up with until about ten. Then we had three other dogs in the house of this until I left for college.
Speaker 2: Here here's the kicker that I did not include or that I forgot to mention. Wrigley snipped at Scarlett. He did not try to bite her, but he did a full on snip at her and like a and.
Speaker 1: I was like, bro, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You're about to punch your ticket, about to punch your ticket back to Texas to doing shit like that. And then we're hanging out with one of our nurse friends like family, friends and we were telling them about the dog situation, and she showed us a friend of theirs was back home that their little three year old got attacked by their dog and showed me the face of the little three year old girl in the hospital.
Speaker 1: Bro, I was like, Waffle, remember when Waffle Scottie? Yes, bro, like over her eyes or like on her head. Yes, she got cut from it. Did I remember when I came home and Audrey was telling me about it, And I'm just thinking to myself, God, part of me like almost, well, it's probably good that I wasn't there, but like wishes I would have been there, because there are times where I just I joke. It's like a running joke with Charro. I'm like, you just let me know when Yeah, I mean that's kind of that's like like something wall jumping on the front, like all the stuff that dogs can irritate you with.
Speaker 2: And so now Wrigley's just behind a baby gate like at all times when Scarlet's like on the ground because I don't want to interacting with Scarlet.
Speaker 4: Have you done like have you done like any kind of like active training or no. See, that's a big thing because when we got Scotty. Alex had two cats. Scotty wanted to go see the cats, and we were like, this is a big issue because we didn't know how they're gonna interact. It took us thirty minutes with like one training exercise we searched on YouTube with food. Scotty has never touched a cat, like not a problem. So there's certain things like if you're having issues, maybe a little YouTube, little Google, Like there's a lot of people that are experts. They will teach you like food training exercises, different things you can do to like mitigate problems. For us, it took thirty minutes of like basically just making sure Scotti stopped looking at the cats.
Speaker 1: Every time she stopped looking, we gave her a treat. It never but also think about not having the responsibility anymore.
Speaker 2: Dude, Well, by no weak, I know, and I know Chef you need Mick in your back and I know Chef. I'll leave us at that because we can uh break and then hit voicemails like immediately after.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can get into voicemails. This could be an ongoing conversation. I do kind of enjoy playing the heel of you playing the heel.
Speaker 2: I appreciate you playing the heel because like a part of me does hear that.
Speaker 1: And they're going to Grandma's like they're going to They're going they've lived there for five years before. You're not sending them again. You're not just kind of giving them away, No give it. You're tting them go to Grandma's. You're they're going to have a better life, have a better life. Yeah, you're gonna have a better marriage. Dude. Just watch the comments though, Just watch the gu I know already Deeke is probably a lot of the comments, Like I know, Deeke is a you got dogs at europsessed with, don't you Deeke? Like I know like dog lovers, Like, yeah, they're they're gonna be swinging the sword for keeping the animals. Yeah. I've like for ninety percent of my life probably out outside of what college, college and then the first couple of years in the NFL, Like I didn't have a dog, but I've always had a dog. I've always loved dogs. But now then I'm a parent. I just it's I feel like it's all different for me now, especially when the whole snipping and the whole territorial stuff like I have a bulldog, So waffles, like Waffle can be territorial if they want Waffle to move on the couch or Waffle helps herself up to the stepping stool that they're eating on, trying to like get the scraps or get the food. Yeah, like Waffle and I go toes often, you know how, jumping on pressure and not getting down when I'm telling her off. Yeah, when we've trained her with the treats and everything else and she starts like growling. Yeah, you know how.
Speaker 2: Like in books and movies and stuff, like back in the fifties and sixties, like if someone got pregnant out of wedlock, it was like, oh, they went to school, like in the Northeast, Like they went to a boarding school for a year, sure, and then all of a sudden they're back to like hide the pregnancy. That's how I feel about Like when people send their dogs to grandma's house, Like no one wants to talk about it, because we have had a couple of friends that have done that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, oh, where's you know, where's hang on? Hang on?
Speaker 11: That?
Speaker 1: Would they say, like, what's their experience been sending them to grandma's I mean it's been great for them, sad, and they're like one of the best decisions we've ever made.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but they also hardly talk about it because they're like, well, yeah, they're really.
Speaker 1: To get shunned, Like, think of the people that I be battling swinging this for. I look, I love animals. Yeah it doesn't sound like it. I know because I love I get.
Speaker 4: I get where you're coming, like it's taking care of a dog is not. It's a hard thing. And they're constantly like.
Speaker 1: I love my own freedoms more than I love.
Speaker 4: You have to go out of your own way to care for them like a lot. Yeah, also a lot of responsibility. Well yeah, it's a good learning lesson to your daughters that hey, just because something's hard, we are helping take care of this. Awesome awesome, But right.
Speaker 1: Now the kids would get more out of it when they're older and they have like responsibility involved with the animal. That's fair and you go in there like getting a dog and teaching them and showing them how to take care for a dog, and then it feels like a tribal thing, like right now when they're young and there really is nothing that they can do it's you're just juggling extra responsibilities that you start to question, like why are we even doing this to ourselves? And it's not like you're giving the dog away to random people.
Speaker 3: Like for example, if I had something like I have been my Fances River, if something happened with the dogs, I would talk to my parents about it because they just lost their dog last year. Yeah, and so my mom has said like, hey, I will take Bean for like three months and hang out like she really wants it up if they don't want a new dog. So I don't think you're gonna get as bast as you believe you are, because this isn't you going that's it.
Speaker 1: We're taking them to the pound. We'll put them up for adoption, like you're.
Speaker 3: Putting them in a situation they've already been in that they love that you will still be a part of them and see them.
Speaker 2: You can FaceTime all the time, and the and the end conversation dogs have phone.
Speaker 1: That is true that Grandma, hey, hey, put on the phone. Hey buddy, god, I miss was just in the corner. Two birds up. I'm a king here. I love it, but fuck you.
Speaker 2: That's the other thing I've done a really bad job of telling this story. There's also the not like permanent vacation, but just vacation. It's also another thing that has been thrown out. And Jill's not like staunchly sit there like get the dogs out of here.
Speaker 1: She's bringing it up. Okay, we all feel the chaos. Yeah, like I stead of just building up resentment over time having little separate thoughts, just sit down and have a conversation. Yeah, would it be insane to think that we could send the dogs on a vacation and permanent not I either won.
Speaker 2: Lisa has brought it up. My parents have brought it up. They can tell how much the dogs like way, if that makes sense, Yeah, yeah, yeah man.
Speaker 1: And so I'm just in this internal battle git a package deal both.
Speaker 2: I also brought that up because I was like, Goose would never hurt a fly, he would never snip at Scarlett, and you gotta separate him. That's what Jill said. Jill was like, all they've ever known is each other.
Speaker 1: I said, that's not true.
Speaker 2: Wriggley lived there for like three years without.
Speaker 1: Goose and he hates Goose.
Speaker 2: She's like they were playing this morning. It's like that is true. They were playing this morning. But Wrigley does.
Speaker 1: Though, like the top dog, he's getting moved out of the rotation. Yeah, well, dude, we talk about resentment on Goose, like Cam Newton said it, the Reaper comes for all of us.
Speaker 2: Man, Yeah, truly, really, that poor guy. It was just him and Jill and then Jill brings me into the picture and he's like, I guess, I mean he's cool. He gives me rubs. I'll like this Sherman guy. We end up having a great bond. Then all of a sudden, Goose comes into the picture and he's like, wtf, question Mark is going on with this dude? This guy sucks. And then like started coming around to that. And then we bring Scarlet into the picture. And if it weren't for the food scraps that fall on my dog every single night and morning, he would hate Scarlet. Yeah, and he's not fully territorial, but we do. We do need to take all the little dogs. Get that little dogs enter guy. Yeah, yeah, they get that little dog syndrome. He's got that little dogs in.
Speaker 1: Let's hit some voicemails. Let's hit some voicemails. V mail six and one. The dads you want to call in Vin talk about a win lost, whatever is on your mind. Call into the voicemail and get featured on the show.
Speaker 2: Peti Sikos, look you here. We got the Raspberry Sherbert. We got the lollipop. You know what time it is. Ollipop has been killing it with these new can designs. They've been killing it with these new flavors. You got BlackBerry vanilla or raspberry Sherbert. As I'm holding right here. We love ollipop on this show. We drink way too much of it. I already pieced Ollipop strawberry vanilla.
Speaker 1: Earlier today.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is a drink that has taken over my taste buds quite like Ollipop, A guiltless drink as well, one that I feel good when I pick up an Ollipop.
Speaker 1: When I choose Ollipop.
Speaker 2: I truly am like, man, what a great decision I just made, not only taste wise, but I just feel good after. I'm not burping all over the place. My gut feels good. I can't say enough about Ollipop. They are still doing their deal guys. They're still doing their buy two, get one paid back via Ollipop. That's at drinkolipop dot com. Forward slash BWTB. You buy any two cans of Ollipop in store, they will pay you back for one. Works on single cans of any flavor at any retailer that is Drinkolipop dot com. Forward slash bwtb. Ollipop is available in the soda aisle and with any chill beverages at thousands of retailers nationwide, including Walmart and Target. Last but not Lease, guys, we have and truly not Lease, we have Lucy. I have Lucy winter Green right here. These are the Lucy nicotine pouches. I'm ripping these constantly. You see in the comments, Oh, Sherman's got two up upper deckies. You always see him when he laughs or when he smiles.
Speaker 1: You do. I'm a sicko for the stuff, sue me. Lucy is a great product.
Speaker 2: Has so many good flavors, just a name a few. You have winter green, you have an espresso flavor. I have cinnamon right here, I have apple ice right here. These are the twelve milligrams. They also have other lower milligrams that you can use. But I'm a big MILLI guy, big MILLI guy, I do the high milligrams. Lucy is the only pouch that deserves that delivers long lasting on demand flavor. You can get twenty percent off your first order when you buy online at Lucy dot co forward slash FTD with code FTD. So that's Lucy dot Co forward slash FTD. And here comes to fine print. Lucy products are only for adults of legal age and every customer is age verified. Warning, this product contains nicotine. Nicotine is an addictive chemical. Let's get back to the episode. Guys, wait just a second before we get in the voicemails.
Speaker 1: We do. As I alluded to early in the episode, we have an update from Heavy the Brave. This is from our dad, Dylan Payne, he emailed in Heavy the Brave update, what's up, fellas. I hope this message finds you well, which means Will has overcome his bout. This is He's the one who said Possidis, oh no, overcome his bout.
Speaker 2: With Posidas and Shurham hasn't slept on the couch for three or more days.
Speaker 1: Come on, hey, I'm joking here, freaking sue me, he said, Jersey accent. He said Jersey accent. Dylan already starting off with some hot fire legend. I'm writing in with an Eavy the Brave update for all those who heard Everly's story and especially to those who showed us love and support, that's just a cough and helped forge our tiny warrior's sword and shield two months ago as she geared up for what ended up being a nine hour battle on the operating table. And again, just to remind you guys, Evy the Brave had a tumor right next to her spine. Every the Brave not only understood the assignment, she rewrote the whole damn syllabus. This sweet little girl showed us that expectations are only there so she can shatter them, and recovery timelines don't mean diddy shit to the bravest and baddest now three years old little girl either side of the Mississippi, Everly walked out of Memorial Sloan Kettering Hospital five days after her surgery. We were told to expect ten to fourteen days, and we were cleared to fly home five days after that. Every speedy recovery was not only miraculous to my wife and myself, but it even had surgeons and doctors in awe. That confirms what I've been saying all along. This little girl is built different, built for the a gap, a couple of anxiety field. Weeks after returning home, we received the pathology of the tumor. It was the news that we were hoping for. Results were all favorable and no further treatment is needing for the foreseeable future. Why although her tumor was not one hundred percent removed, Everly has been one hundred percent cleared to be a little normal kid again. And nothing gets my pit hodder the knowing we can start signing her up for some gymnastics or soccer or whatever her brave little heart desires. For now, all she can expect is an MRI every three months to make sure nothing has changed. For now, life is great. My wife and I wish we could hug and thank each sixer for every Siko who poured into our pink carts, prayers, words of encouragement and positivity in the comments in our inbox. For the dads in this community will forever hold a special play in our hearts. All of you rip so freaking hard, will Sherman the boys in the back can't thank you guys enough for being a part of Evy's journey and rallying the troops, keep cracking Allie's failing to keep it under an hour, and for the love of God, don't stop using accents. Sure him doing his mom's impersonation might be my favorite. Much gratitude and love the Pains, Dylan, thank you. I want to say we got a final here hack from Heavy the Brave with the fam I have a I have a video too from them. I have a video too.
Speaker 5: It's loading, It's loading, Let's.
Speaker 1: Go hit the bomb. Wait wait, wait, wait.
Speaker 11: Oh Bro, I've never laughed that hard and cried at the exact time.
Speaker 1: Quick tears. Bro, I was about to be like, that is medicine for the soul, just getting to like hear about her.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's the bog, Bro.
Speaker 1: That's why we dad man, this is why we did. Oh my god, Oh that broke me. That really did just break me. Dylan, thanks for the updates. Brother.
Speaker 2: We are we are stoked for Evy Heavy. If you are watching, you are a warrior. You are built for the a gap. You rewrote the syllabus.
Speaker 1: We're all rooting for you, all the Papa Team, Sixers, Empty sixers, everybody who showed im poor love to the Pain family, it's definitely felt through Dylan's words.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's just crazy what the human body is able to do, What doctors and surgeons are able to do. This wonderful team that's here as she's hitting the hitting the bong, hitting the dong.
Speaker 1: And it's just so wild.
Speaker 2: Dude, like imagining myself in that spot. Dylan is his name, Yep, Dylan Payne. It's a good dad. It's a really good dad. I'm sure Everly's mom rips just as hard. But to get to share in any of that, uh, is really really cool. And shout out Pain family. Shout out the Pain family. Thank you for keeping everybody updated to They get.
Speaker 1: Free shout outs for the rest of the time, for the rest of the time, free accents the rest of the time, free accents, free shout outs for the rest. I'll do my best not to get beside us again. At me the brave I'm getting bucking, stripped throat and taking out over here. But like I needed to hit a ball after I said, why stripped up? You have no idea how much I'm gonna stay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hit the bog in the background of bogs now when you're.
Speaker 11: Doing something, Oh man, all right, we have a voicemail.
Speaker 1: Let's hit the voicemail stays, throw me some creatine comings on you. Yeah, a little I need a little something. I need a little something too. We don't want to cry out all of our creatine. No thank you, create.
Speaker 2: Free shoutouts to create he no free shoutouts only The Pain Family is part one of two part voicemail called not a creep.
Speaker 1: Sounds like a creep, Trust me, he's not boys.
Speaker 12: Hey, this might be the last voicemail I leave before prison, so I'll explain. Uh So, earlier today, I am at daycare picking up my daughter, she's three, and she we get her in the car and she's like, Dad, I need to go potty.
Speaker 1: And I'm like, okay, that's fine.
Speaker 7: So we go back inside and there's no like boys and girls side, like, nothing's marked.
Speaker 1: It's all just like potties everywhere. But it's behind the.
Speaker 13: Wall, right, So so my daughter runs back there and she still need to help going potty. So I run back there and I turned the corner and there is a probably twelve year old girl, somebody's older sibling, and she is going potty.
Speaker 8: She is sitting on the toilet and she looks up and we make eye contact and there's.
Speaker 1: No like stalls or anything.
Speaker 8: And I mean, I feel like the biggest griep in the world. So I like this, I was bold, and I am sweating. And then what makes it worse is so I still need to wait there because I need to wait for my daughter to finish.
Speaker 7: And I mean, there's just this one tiny area to wait. And then this girl finishes and she comes outside and it's still the tiny area to wait because she's got to wait for her other for dad to pick up her brother. And I'm just sitting there, like racking my brain and sweating immensely because I'm like, I'm going to jail for.
Speaker 8: Being a pervert. Clarifying not a pervert, and I'm like, I do I tell the girl's dad, like, hey, not a pervert. Didn't mean to do this, and it was all bad and I was sweating, and I still had to wait for my daughter to finish.
Speaker 7: But so she comes out and I see.
Speaker 2: So that's part one really quick. I don't want to interrupt this story too much. I have a good friend named Scott that listens to the show. Did he say his name was Scott at the beginning?
Speaker 1: I swear this is my buddy, Scott. I don't think you said a name. Boys. Hey, this might be the last voicemail I leave Kai Kai call Scott.
Speaker 2: I do that after Yeah, I mean just we're we're mid voice, we're mid voicema. We got no way. Is he a creepy berth or is he a conversation with dad? If this is sir, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: I walked in your daughter was going to the bathroom. I knew it felt creepy, so I was gonna leave right away, but we locked eyes before I could leave right away. And you know what, I'm talking a little too much right now. Let me just listen. I'm not a perv. I'm not a perth. And that's all you need to know anyway.
Speaker 12: Uh sorry, second message, not a pervert, uh Scott.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: And I knew it.
Speaker 14: I knew it by as we leave, They're getting in their car at the same time, and the whole time I'm like literally like right next to this girl and we've not addressed it.
Speaker 1: I haven't told her dad, and I just.
Speaker 7: Know that tonight she's gonna go home and she's gonna be like dad, Scotty, I'll tell you about what happened, and then they're gonna go back to the school and they're gonna look up the cameras.
Speaker 1: It's gonna be Collin's dad and I'm going to jail.
Speaker 8: Uh So, anyway, I hope that they let me listen to this podcast in prison.
Speaker 1: I swear I'm innocent. Anyway, Love you voice. I love you too, Scott, Love you Scott. I think it was just a quick there's no stalls. He walked in and was like, oh, sorry, and then maybe he was getting his daughter set up. I could see that.
Speaker 2: I can see that, But I see where Scott's head is at too. Yeah, because I've known Scott for quite a while. There's actually a really long story on Scott. It's a really good dude. I was on a hunting trip in Oklahoma, and unbeknownst to me, uh, I was invited on what was told to me to be a guided hunt. Uh, we were poaching the entire time, unbeknownst to me. So after a day of hunt and finding out that we were poaching, I start calling around because I'm on the border of Kansas and Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: I rode with these people up there.
Speaker 2: I have nobody in my world that lives on the border of Kansas, Oklahoma, except for I'll leave his last name Outbat Scott, who lived in Tulsa at the time, And he drove all the way like four hours to pick me up and then drove me all the way back down to uh the border of Texas, Oklahoma to my car in the middle of the night to get me out of the poaching situation.
Speaker 1: Good dude, did you tell the boys you were dipping?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, bro, I was pissed. I was pissed.
Speaker 2: There was like one thing that I was brought up on and was like, you do not poach, Like that is the lowest of the low poach. You don't do that. And it was like the very end of the first day and this landowner comes out.
Speaker 9: He's like, ore call the day more and he come and he gonna get you blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: And I'm like, dude, that guy was crazy because like we're on the like we paid for this hunt. Like that's crazy that he's like coming out and saying we're poaching on stuff.
Speaker 1: And you're like, well, you know, and the boys were like, oh, we kind of are. And I was like, what are you serious?
Speaker 2: And they're like yeah. I was like, I'm not going to hunt anymore. They're like what, And I just like get in the truck and I'm just like, I'm like, I'm not hunting anymore. I've never been phleasant hunting. I was so excited to go peasant hunting. And I just put my shotgun down and I sat in the back of the truck the rest of the day. And then we got to the motel and they were like, dude, it's a really far drive just to like drive you down and then drive back up to like hunt.
Speaker 1: So we're not going to drive you. You just like hang.
Speaker 2: Out the motel while we hunt for the next three days. And Scott was the only guy that I could think of that like he went to Oklahoma State. I'm giving away too much about him, but he went to Oklahoma State, and I was like, maybe he lives in Oklahoma.
Speaker 4: Guy writes in about not being a pervert, and Sherman is just giving multiple details, says he's still on that slightly dodgy story.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying he's a good dude.
Speaker 2: So I see where his head dad, and I would be in my head just as much.
Speaker 1: He should have gone up to the dad. That's my only note.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I would have gone up to the dad and been like, hey, lizen or just.
Speaker 1: That the girl walk said, hey, you know my fault my girls three. I had no clue.
Speaker 2: We were looking for bathrooms the whole time. We're looking for potties, Mike, I have a kid. I'm here with my kid who need to go partty, Just need to go party.
Speaker 1: That's it. Girl doesn't say a word, and he's like, are we good? You want to desert or something? You know, I shouldn't even say that. I shouldn't even ask the question. I mean that I'm gonna go talk to your father right now. But then what was he saying to the dad? Oh, hey, I don't know what your daughter's gonna say. He's alread putting himself in a bad spot. Mister callaway, I just want you to know, man and man Dad to dad, I had a three year old. We were looking for the bathroom. We walked back in the bathroom. I had to get her set up. Your daughter was in there, and it was very much like oh shit, moment, kind of didn't know what to do. I scream up to get her on. I immediately went outside, stood there waiting on my daughter. Maybe maybe you don't even care, and I'm more nervous. I just feel like I had this on my chest. I had to get it off because I felt like I'm a perver. But I'm I'm not a.
Speaker 2: P And when my head hits the pillow the night, nobody's gonna be checking footage here at the school, going, oh, that's Cade's dad. Yeah, that would have worked, That would work on me.
Speaker 1: Can I get you guys desert? Maybe a lolly bump or something I happened to have in my car right down. But I'm not here.
Speaker 2: I'm not a candy in my truck that came off from It's from work, Yes, Mary, it's from my daughter.
Speaker 1: She's three, sweetheart, come over here. Agnorable, abnormal. She runs screaming the mom. I where that's my kid? Honey? Can you speak up? Can you help me out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: I hate you? That's my kid. That's she's funny. She's really funny.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Yes, Scott said a predicament shout out.
Speaker 1: Scott. Thanks for calling in, bro, thank you for calling in. I'll be calling you shortly. Emails. Oh we only have one call?
Speaker 9: That was it?
Speaker 1: One? Yeah? One vmail. You want to do another v maiale, we have another V.
Speaker 2: I know we have them to deep talks about him being stuffed up every week.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to say the title of this. Don't say the title. Just let it, just let it roll. God damn it. My wife took the trash out. I'm a piece of ship, you see, you see what I mean. Yeah, we got back from Italy. I missed the trash that week. Hey, there you go, there you go.
Speaker 2: Hey, recyclings every other week, so so if you miss.
Speaker 1: Recycling, and guess it, I missed that two weeks ago.
Speaker 2: Oh actually, when I forgot to take out the recycle that come back. My neighbor has a seven year old daughter. She's out playing behind the house with her dad. Oh, we're so glad you're back from vacation. Blah blah blah. Intern Chris was watching the house. I saw he put out the trash. He did such a good job. His daughter then comes up and goes, yeah, why.
Speaker 1: Do you trash?
Speaker 2: Backs fell out though, and it had a bunch of maggots in it.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: I go, oh good, thank you for the note, Thank you so much. Now I'm gonna be known as gross maggot guy. Don't get the trash out on time, maggots built up? Is that the deal, that's what, that's the deal. Especially with the poopy diapers. Oh god, how's shitty? Do the do the diaper bag smell?
Speaker 1: Bro? So bad?
Speaker 2: Do you double bag your diaper bags? I've started doing diaper bag in a scented track?
Speaker 1: How bad times? I mean ours are pretty locked in tight, yeah, because it's a fight. It's a war to get him out.
Speaker 2: You have to pay exact same one I have with the circle ring, with the circle ring, and then you have to yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, And then when it's down, you just slide it back and forth.
Speaker 1: I can see. And then it's like when you're when you're when you're about to change right, or you get the diaper rolled up, get together, you try to go as fasts, you can't because you know the smell is just gonna get in the air for a moment. Bro, it's so bad, so bad.
Speaker 2: Or when you slide, when you slide it and you just see a diaper right at the very dog, oh I.
Speaker 1: Know, and you gotta kind of push it down, say taking it out right away.
Speaker 2: Let's see how much more room we got. You try to do it like your fingertips to not touch anything else.
Speaker 1: You're likelease, god, wife, to take this out. Is somebody gonna see this. She has to have seen this. She does majority of the diapers. This is crazy. Oh my god.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I've been doing the diaper bag into sended trash bag. I don't have a full review on it yet. Okay, but let you know. Yeah, we'll wait for the reason. If that's a dad hack speaking up, dude, So many flies right now?
Speaker 1: What's going on? We've been getting them at the house, bro, What is going on? I heard our emails fly season.
Speaker 2: I heard our emails are fun this week? Okay, deep promised you want me to kick it off? Yes, sir, Caleb Gross. My name is Caleb Gross from Central Nebraska, go big red.
Speaker 1: What's up? Fellas curly? Four am sitting in the hospital riding this deep in the trenches. But not for a reason you may think. Yesterday, at about six pm, I was mowing our backyard hill with a push mower. Grass was a little wet, so I slipped and boom. I knew better, but I did it. Anyways. The vision I had in my head became reality. I lost my big toe. Whoa shit? What yelled my wife's name, and she came running. She's ten weeks pregnant. Also, luckily as city worker watch it happen, so he was right there right away to assist. First ride in an ambulance and first overnight stay in a hospital other than kids, haha. Had the first surgery last night to clean it up. What lots of grass and sock remnants in the wound. My wife and I have two kids. My daughter is almost four come September and my son just turned two earlier this summer, and we have one on the way. We are very active, so this will be tough. Got along road to recovery. Lots of physical theory to learn how to walk, is what I'm being told. When my spirits are high, as high as they can be with God on her side, I'm just thankful it wasn't worse than it is. We had plans to go to the lake with some friends this weekend, So the way I look at it is God was protecting us from something this weekend. Thankful for the great neighbors and volunteers on the response team. Going to dig deep for the next few months. Love the boys, Love the pod, don't forget the trash. I attached an X ray pick. As you can see, the big Piggy went to the market and he's never coming back Levet. Oh no, oh wow. Update, I'll attach another photo of the X ray. They had to take more off of it in the second surgery. We'll be nightfour in the hospital. The painted times has been the worst I've ever felt in my life. Still can't fathom. I don't have a big tone anymore, and we'll essentially have to learn how to do everyday things again. Don't take the small things for granted. Fellas. Kids have been with my parents and have come to see us a couple of times. Now missed them like crazy once again, Love the pod. Oh ps, what's that say? Willy C's right? Don't mow your yard?
Speaker 9: Oh what do you know?
Speaker 1: Funny funny to come at willye cee for not mowing the yard. There is risk when mowing the yard. You can lose your fucking big toe. Boys, big biggie could go to the market. You lose the big biggie. That sucks. Man that sucks. Yeah, holy shit, A.
Speaker 4: New guy, shit new guy in college sending he was working at a golf course. One of those like flyover mowers. It's not like a push one yeah on a hill, big toe not fun?
Speaker 1: What yeah? What was a dangerous man? Dude? That's what I have to talking about. Mowing the yard.
Speaker 2: Shit, everybody all excited. Take it before and after pictures. Leave it up to the experts. Man, wait till you're do local landscapers, Wait till you do it before and after pictures of your big.
Speaker 1: Dough not be thinking. Damn, I wish I would have paid the local economy.
Speaker 2: That one guy that I called an idiot on the internet last year, Maybe he wasn't so dumb, maybe he was.
Speaker 1: Actually really or something.
Speaker 2: But oh man, this came from anonymous. This is one of our first anonymous in a while. Hi Boys, Day one listener, first time ride in love the pod and the dad community that you have created for all of us to share. Sorry to advance, Sorry in advance for the long email. Would like to keep this anonymous as this is an ongoing dad loss. We can title this conversation how long is too long? And I'm hoping it can be a good conversation starter for the pod on situations that involve are in laws, both current and future.
Speaker 1: H I'm a proud dad of two kiddos, a.
Speaker 2: Two a half year old and a seven week old girl, and we recently welcomed in early June. Congratulations. This is unfortunately where my dad loss comes in. My wife and her mom are in all caps, very close. She usually comes to visit from out of state about once a week every month to see us and watch our son grow up. When our first was born, she ended up staying with us for almost two months. As newborn parents who were nervous about the transition to parenthood. This was a blessing and we were truly grateful for the help. She kept up the laundry, helped with the bottles, helped keep the house clean, and helped be there for my wife when I couldn't. I ended up delaying my paternity leave to extend our son's time at home before going to daycare, but admittedly it did feel like she overstayed her welcome towards the end of her time here. Since then, my personal relationship with my mother in law has been strained, to say the least. As a dad, I take immense pride in being the best husband, father, and family man I can be. However, when my mother in law visits, it feels like I've become more of a third wheel in my own home, which can get frustrating and has resulted in some tension that brings me to my ongoing dad loss. Our baby girl arrived in early June. Despite conversations with my wife on setting boundaries for how long her mom would stay with us, she ended up staying at our home for a little over two months, followed by a ten day trip without me back home to introduce our daughter to the extended family. The dad boss comes in because is obvious that my frustration with my mother in law has been a stressor for my wife and our relationship. This realization sucks to live with, but I'm finding it incredibly difficult to deal with an in law who I've communicated by my boundaries with not parenting my child, allowing me to perform my regular duties around the house, giving me the space to interact with my children on my own with my wife, etc. But it has repeatedly been crossed. Anyways, she openly acknowledged that she understands the boundaries I've tried to set, but believes what she is doing is right and thinks that because I was not raising a home that had the support of grandparents, that I essentially don't know any better. I just finished up listening to the most recent Fat Stafford solo Great job, by the way, thank you Anonymous, and his message on being a good teammate really resonated. That's my number one goal, But with any relationship, it's hard to achieve that goal of communication is strained and what we want may not line up. So with that in mind, I'm curious to know everyone's opinion on this. Basically, what is your boundary for in law visits and how do you slash would you and your partner approaches this situation, especially if your boundaries are different. Not looking for advice, that's what the therapist is for, but genuinely curious to know how this situation looks from an outside perspective. As we navigate in real time, all the boys are at different stages of their relationships, so I would think there may be different views that would be good to discuss.
Speaker 1: Oh, buddy, that's a tough one.
Speaker 2: I mean, like take some balls to write that. By the way, even anonymously.
Speaker 1: Absolutely absolutely well done there, I'm getting My marriage is my wife. Doesn't seem like the relationship that his wife has with her mom is similar to the one that my wife has with my mother in law. Not that it's different, worse, better, whatever it is. But yeah, as far as like staying for months at a time or for weeks at a time, that's the dude, that's a tough one. My first like instinct is you know, how much of a real conversation have you had with your wife? Sounds like maybe he has, sounds like he's even had a conversation with the mother in law. What I'm hearing on his version with the mother in law is that mother in law wasn't necessarily hearing what he was saying. Yeah, something that we talk about in communication and one on ones here at the shop, at home, whatever it is. But a technique that I learned about from Chris Voss, who's like a negotiator, was the FBI like feelings, behavior and impact, And essentially what that is wrapped up in that acronym is you're telling mother in law, hey, when you do X, you're describing the behavior. It makes me feel like a third wheel. And what I'm worried about is whatever you feel like that impact is going to have on the relationship, so let's try to make one up. I feel like when you come in and you I'm not going to say overstay, maybe we need to have better expectation of what staying looks like at the house. And I don't know if these are your exact words demand, because I don't know how mother in law is in that communication. But when these things happen and I come home, or you take care of my duties, or I feel like I'm not getting the right amount of one on one time, or i feel like I'm wanting to do something with my daughter and you think this other way is better, and you kind of I feel like you're overstepping me, and it makes me feel like shit. I feel it is me off. But I also know you want to be a very intentional grandmother and you're in massive help. But what I'm worried about is if I feel like it creates this resentment because we don't have clear expectations and clear boundaries with each other. Not only with each other, but it also creates a little bit of friction with my wife because we go back and forth at each with each other, and I'm worried that's going to continue to happen if we can't figure out what these clear expectations are. If she's hitting you with you know, you didn't grow up with grandparents, you don't really know what you're talking about, or you don't really know any different to me, that tells me you're not really being listened to.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean, He's not being listened to in that situation, Like if you are, it'll be a very productive conversation because if somebody were to tell me like something like that, like, hey, will your behavior makes me feel this way.
Speaker 1: Therefore, here's the impact I'm worried about if we don't get it corrected. If I'm fully digesting what you're saying, say we're in a one on one, I need to fully listen to you and understand you and be in your shoes for us to start finding any kind of solve versus you don't know any better because I'm kind of just shutting you down.
Speaker 2: It sounds like he feels like he's being shut down. And again we only know his version.
Speaker 1: His version like you, you also can't be somebody like you have this you're looking for confirmation bias anytime you step in the room and say, Grandma's playing with the kids, and that just fuels the there's goes Grandma getting playing with the kids, they know I don't want her to do that, or whatever it is, whatever you're making up in your mind to build this resentment, that's obviously that's not going to be helpful for you or the relationship you have with your with your wife or grandma. Yeah, but all of mine completely stems from the root of If that was happening with me and I was feeling a resentment or a buildup of grandma overstepping or my wife's parents kind of overstepping, it would very much start with a real conversation with my wife in a calm tone to be heard articulated the best way you can to where you're not looking for an argument, you're looking to strictly say when this behavior happens, it makes me feel like this. And here's what I'm worried about. Because what the other position can't do then, right is tell you how you feel. If you go in and say you do this, not when this behavior happens, you do this, always do it? Yeah, when you you always do X, Y and Z, And it pisses me off because blah blah blah blah. You're putting them on the opposition. Their guard goes up because you're telling them, Yeah, you're telling them what they do and how they feel from it. Yep, because I know when your mom does this, she's thinking this because I've already had this conversation. Well, that doesn't work because you're talking about somebody else. You can't tell somebody else telling them how they If you can speak strictly from how you're feeling, the other person can't tell you how you're feeling. You're just laying out, dude, this is what I'm worried about. Obviously, I care. Like we're a family, we're a tribe. You're my wife, like this is this is my family as we like as much as it is. You are, Like all that stuff where you're speaking strictly from your shoes and what you're worried about happen if something doesn't get corrected.
Speaker 2: You also have the opportunity to ask your and this we're talking. The person that wrote in made it sound like they're the husband and speaking to the wife.
Speaker 1: About the mother in law. This can totally go the other way too.
Speaker 2: Of a Milk Team sixer at home that needs to have this conversation with their husband about mother or father in law, whatever. Yeah, this is across the board advice that I would give of.
Speaker 1: More oft than not.
Speaker 2: I think that his spouse or somebody's spouse in this situation would actually feel exactly how they feel.
Speaker 1: Most of the time in this situation.
Speaker 2: And I think that while you're also saying how you feel, ask them how it makes them feel when said action is being done, When said behavior is being done, does that make you feel uncomfortable? Does that make you feel stressed? Does that make you feel upset? And really pick their brain on it. Not only to get to see what your partner's feeling, it brings them into this situation of y'all are a team. At the end of the day, y'all are a team. You are not married to your in law, your parents, are not married to your wife or your husband. Like those are separate relationships. The core of this is you and your partner.
Speaker 1: The number one relationship us you and your wife, and you have to get aligned. You have to get aligned and.
Speaker 2: Be open to not only sharing your feelings, but see what their feelings are. See if even though y'all don't see eyed eye. If your feelings are aligned on stuff, go ooh, that makes both of us uncomfortable. Let's dive into that. Why would that make us uncomfortable? What are some solves we can do there? Now we're working together to solve the problem. And then there's the age old saying of blood, deal with blood, which I think, no.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, that's exactly what I was good.
Speaker 2: I think that that is a very smart saying. I think you can totally speak up for yourself in situations of like hey, you know, like making yourself heard to the in law or to like anybody in your spouse's family. But always smart to first go to wife, like Will said, and be like, hey, this I'm feeling.
Speaker 1: This is what's going on that, and if.
Speaker 2: They agree strongly, it's like can you can you please have that conversation with them about this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I know that that then, you know, can muddy the water sometimes within laws because it's like, oh well, it sounds like you're sherman talked to his wife again about like maybe you could like maybe you can start with mom and daughter and then they could be all through them, send down even that even that and just be like we're aligned on this. We're team on this decision on how we.
Speaker 1: Feel right because again we don't know any anything about the situation other than from the right end. So there could be a lot of steps to this. There could be a couple steps. Maybe it's not as big of a deal as he's making a sound. Maybe it's a deal where it's going to take a little bit of time to make happen. But to your point, you're right too, Like after you do the sitting down and completely talking from your shoes and how something like makes you feel and what you're worried about happening, you will then be able to figure out if your wife is aligned or sees that happening or with you to where you guys are already kind of starting on a similar page, and then you guys are wanting to kind of figure out the solve. Maybe your wife has a different perspective to where she throws out a different perspective and it's like, okay, well, how can we figure this out? Like can your rise what's your biggest pain point with the situation, whether it's something I'm doing, whether it's something's mom's doing, or it's something I can alleviate for you because I'm sure it's stressful having mom helicopter over you or telling you things that you need to be doing as a mother, like mom could be carrying a lot of stress too, one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: Also, I get a point in terms of like, if you come to an agreement with your significant other, shouldn't if you do it right, it should never be like, well, it sounds like you're speaking for them, because I feel like with me, it would be like, once we come to an agreement and I'm going to go have the conversation with my parents, if it's if let's say I'm the my parents in this situation, once we're aligned, we're aligned, and it's no more like, oh, I'm speaking for you. It's like no, no, no, I see the we both see it this way. Once you come to that understanding, I feel like that would be a big point of it. I'm also I'm kind of I'm writing notes just for I don't have this issue, but it's like I don't have to deal with it in this way. But I'm like, I feel like that's something where I if if it was towards my parents, I was on the wife side of the ball, I would be like, once we figure it out. I'm going there and I want to be the one that handles it and not put her in that spot because that's a very I feel like in laws, that's tough spot to have this kind of conversation.
Speaker 2: It's a tough spot, but it's a uh that is without going into any detail, just knowing out of a situation. That is something that in laws can say pretty often of like this doesn't sound like you or the type of decision that you would make, Like did Charo.
Speaker 1: Tell you to say that? Will like this?
Speaker 2: You know, like I'm just surprised that, like is this how Charo feels? Or is this how you feel? And almost like kind of putting you in a spot where like you then have to stand on ten toes and be like this is how we feel Toorro and I will Compton feel this way.
Speaker 1: Right when you look at me and you talk to me, you're also talking to my wife and talking to my wife, I going behind your back and see something crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's sure certainly isn't going you're my mouthpiece, go do it even reluctantly, you know.
Speaker 1: So that's that's where that can come from. Gotcha.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I mean the way that he wrote in he sounds like an extremely reasonable, uh, looking for different avenues to try and solve this type of person. I hope he gets it, figure it out. I would say start with wifey.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Number one is definitely wifey and talking through the situation with her, yeah, and trying to get aligned. I appreciate him right in, Dude that it takes balls, because sometimes it's hard, Like you, you care so much about something, and sometimes it's hard to go about it the right way because it's just like emotion emotional driven and sometimes like I know what helps myself when I'm trying to find answers for handling a conversation one way, it's like coming across stuff like when I learned about the FBI stuff like, oh man, this would help me so much in a lot of day to day conversations versus something weighing so heavy on my mind and you don't necessarily know how to articulate it, just that it's like festering up. But then you just butt heads. Your lid gets flipped there, lid gets flipped, and you're not really handling anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And that's why it all comes down to you, is it's not like at the end of the two months that it's like, Okay, she overstayed or welcome, and that all of a sudden comes out of nowhere. For the guy that rode in, he's probably feeling that like week three, Yeah, wait, we're doing three more weeks of this, four more weeks of this?
Speaker 1: Yeah dang. Yeah, you're just being involved with the decision making of how long a family member might stay or not. Even everybody comes in town. Roll yes, it's like, oh, hey, they're planning on stay and they want to stay like two weeks. Like if it feels just between say it was me and you, I'm like, buddy, you could stay at my house for two weeks and I'm not even checking in with the wife. It's just you're gonna come and stay at the house for two weeks. Will then Trol and I are having our own little side battle because I'm like, it's my boy, I say all the time. And the point what that they're trying to make is like not that they're only pissed that they're staying two weeks, but dude, you didn't console me. Yeah, include me in your conversation, include me in the solft, Like what's going on to where he needs a stay to. And it's not that I'm not wanting him this stake in two weeks. I just want to be a part of the conversation because you feel like you're just keeping me out to the side and you're gonna make all the decisions for the house. That is chef.
Speaker 2: If you are taking notes, that is numero.
Speaker 1: Who solve that? Jill and I really.
Speaker 2: Had to identify made that wait, not even within laws, just.
Speaker 1: Yeah in general, yeah, anything, made that mistake. You bring up the idea maybe I can come stay a couple of weeks, like, well, let me talk with my wife and I can get back to you. Oh yeah, I can go to that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, dude, put me down absolutely, two hundred dollars deposit perfect pay two hundred dollars. Hey, honey, I'm going to this thing. What what are you talking about?
Speaker 4: You just all those Yeah, I made that mistake. Did a dinner as without saying anything. I was just like, Hey, we're going to this this with friends. She was just like, how do you not tell me this?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I was like, itting clear. I feel like a lot of times it's not intentional. You're just like, hey, no, we're doing dinner. I got to find a place and then you just forget.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's part of the learning curve with like marriage and marriage and stuff. I'm still doing. It's just going from us. You were were completely selfish being to you are. Now you share one heart. Yeah, you're not both one person and you got to kind of operate that way. That's what the ring symbolizes. Man, even you get married, it's like conjoining into one heart. Deek's about to do it. I mean deep, you guys, you know it.
Speaker 3: I disagree with something said and agree with other things that have been said about the topic.
Speaker 1: You guys are discussing the anonymous email.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, laws reading think that one is tough because it's like I see his point a trillion percent, but I also know those are significant people in their lives, and so that's what you guys are doing. Well delicate combo. Yeah I'm getting married. Forget what the original point was, but congrats to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you. Sherman and I we were hedging. We're like, yeah, well we know that the hedge was just like we only know what he's writing in.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure, for sure, I think he's looking for help from us and I thought the email itself, I thought was really worded in a way of like here's the situation. It's not really much biased to it. Like I can I can feel the tensity. H Yeah, there's a lot of angles you can go. The biggest one is communication.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, starting to step one, just starting with wifey, Yeah, get one email the show, step two.
Speaker 2: And if there's anything about this podcast that I've learned is that, like everybody has opinions on really difficult stuff to talk about. And so like with in laws, there is probably somebody listening to the show right now going this this guy's freaking out over nothing, like my mom lives at our house or you know, blah blah blah, Like.
Speaker 1: Somebody might not have any laws. It's like, man, what a blessing it is? Heaving in what a but yeah.
Speaker 3: Are stayed with us for two months there, Cat's parents stayed with us, and it was awesome. But we knew the time, and we had a conversation up front before about if it extends, here's what needs to happen. If it's shortened, here's what needs to happen. So communication, good colms, good coms. It's all calmed and you're right too. It's like somebody lays up something where they're seeking advice. We're not like an advice giving show on a on a lot of a lot of things. We just kind of talk about what goes on in our lives and in our worlds. Yeah, that's one where it's like there could be so many different opinions.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then also that selfish part of him that probably wants to hear that that's that's fucking crazy.
Speaker 1: You're right, yeah, that is like you want to get in the garage back, yo, that's fucking the nuts, man, Like for another month?
Speaker 2: Are you fucking giddy? She does let you take your shut off in the living room. Yeah, and she overstays that that's bullshit. You're right for being pissed off. That's your house, man, that's your house. You're the man at that house. She's trying to push you around.
Speaker 1: You're gonna let her do that in your house.
Speaker 2: Man, Just drink a lot of stuff that make you burpy, lot of stuff that make you fat, and just kind of hang around it.
Speaker 1: My wife would never.
Speaker 2: Do something like that, Like I know how I'd handle it, but my wife wouldn't even go there because she knows I got a trade. I gotta I nipped that real quick. Yeah, I've heard about that whole thing. I nipped that real quick.
Speaker 1: There you go. We gave you that. Ye give you that too. There you go. Good said great, So did you the brave? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Updated the brave to be the brave? Will had an al Teimer. By the way, I heard a lot of laughter that was like.
Speaker 1: What was the ald timer to hit the bongstead of hit the gong and hit the dog. Oh he it's a hit the bond. He's sick. Hey, you want to hit the lesson? You want to hit the lesson?
Speaker 2: We can roll, yes, sir, I already kind of said, mind of the why do we fall?
Speaker 1: To learn how to get back up? But oh just a simple quote.
Speaker 2: That was my simple quote by what's the butler's name in Batman? Oh my gosh, yeah, Alfred Alfred.
Speaker 1: I got one here from the Daily Dad. I got to have a awesome subscription that you can subscribe to via email. This one came across a few days ago, but it's around like time being fleeting. Obviously, you know that sometime were on their late teens early twenties, they'll move out obviously, you know that in their mid teens, they're probably they'll probably start driving. These are big milestones, moments when you suddenly, heartbreakingly you'll get to see so much less of them because they'll be independent, because they'll be in control. But maybe probably this will all happen even sooner than you think, Well before they're sixteen, and they'll be riding their bike to their friend's houses. Well before sixteen, they'll be basically living at their friend's houses. We all wrongly think of these milestones as point of our kids, as points of our kids will reach some day, as opposed to transitions that are already ongoing. We all think we have more time than we do. We are losing our children right now. They are moving out and on as you read this, they are pulling away, becoming independent from the very moment they start to crawl. Don't fool yourself. You're not losing You're not losing them someday in the future. You are, in fact losing them now every day. It's ongoing. So be present, be here with them in the moment, every moment. They're growing up before your eyes. Make sure you see it. Boom and he talks about this medallion, tempest fugit, fujit a tempes fugit. Yeah, appreciating the fleeting time aayway, Just another one, just to remind ever out there, we all got kids growing up, we all got things going on, we all got stresses in our lives. Yeah, enjoy all the little moments, man, enjoy them. Uh maybe for Everlea.
Speaker 2: Some pink cards, just to shout out everly in the comments.
Speaker 1: Pink cards, man, some pink cards.
Speaker 9: Bong maybe if there's a bong emoj the bog in there.
Speaker 1: I love you guys. They got your trash