Speaker 1: Mother Knows Death starring Nicole and Jemmy and Maria qk Hi. Everyone welcome The Mother Knows Death. Let's get started with the story of the week. So, during a routine autopsy the other day, after a seventy eight year old man had died, it was discovered that he had this incredibly rare condition three penises. Yeah, so this is kind of amazing, and it's just a true test to how the news gets everything completely wrong because it actually wasn't an autopsy. This was a man who was donated his body to science and medical students. In the gross anatomy lab. We're doing a penis dissection on him, which is a typical thing that we would do when we're dissecting at cadaver, and that is so the medical student can learn the anatomy of the penis. And when they cut it in half, they were shocked to see that he actually had three penises in total.
Speaker 2: So how does that work? Exactly?
Speaker 1: It's super super super rare condition that has only been documented a few times throughout history. But what they were saying was that since this guy is an older guy, that the cadaver that he lived with it his whole life and he might have had some kind of issues with urinary track infections or a rectile dysfunction or something, but he could have went his whole entire life not knowing that he had this, which makes them think that maybe there's a lot of other dudes that are going through their life and have this and don't know they have this, And this is something that happened when he was a fetus developing, when the genitals were developing. It just was an anomaly and it happens. We talked about the woman with two vaginas on here, you could be born with two orders. There's all different kinds of anomalies that you could have, so it's pretty cool to say. It's definitely cool for these medical students that they saw this and they were able to write it up. It's called tri failia and it's called polyphilia when you have more than one penis. And I have a couple of cases in the gross room of little babies born with this condition, so it's it's rare but still really interesting. But this is the first adult that's reportedly had this right that they didn't know of. Yeah, that's what they're saying in this article. Well, that's really interesting, But I love how they do it because there is a big difference between an autopsy and gross anatomy, because an autopsy's done for us to determine the cause of death, and that's something that would be done either in a medical examiner's office or a hospital morgue. And this was just a body. This is kind of the cool thing. When we get a body donated to us, we don't really know any of any of the history. Sometimes we'll just find out, Okay, it's any one year old mound.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: You don't get any of their medical history. So when we dissect these bodies, we stumble across cool things. Sometimes we had an anatomic variation of the heart. When we were doing one of our bodies, I had one of the people that I had looked like they might have had some undiagnosed metastatic cancer. We had someone that had gout. So it's it's kind of it's kind of cool when you're a medical student you could come across something this rare is pretty awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's super cool. Okay, let's get onto celebrity news. So ETHL.
Speaker 1: Kennedy, widow to RFK, has died at age ninety six after suffering from a stroke. Yeah, so there's not really much to report about this. If she lived in the UK, apparently you would just put that she died of old aid. This is just normal stuff that happens. A stroke is essentially just having a heart attack in the brain. So there's some kind of a blockage, usually in the carotid arteries, which is bringing oxygenated blood to the brain, and it causes a portion of the brain to die, and that's called the stroke. It's the same exact thing as the same theory is what happens with a heart attack. And as you get older, your vessels start to not be as strong and they can cause blockages and stuff, and that makes the blood not flow to the brain correctly. So this is just normal stuff that happens when you get older. I mean, she the longest living person with the Kennedy name.
Speaker 2: I was just thinking that.
Speaker 1: Right now, you mean, yeah, or just like just like that she survived and didn't have some kind of weird tragic death like most of them do. Yeah. I just feel like most people connected to the family just have some type of curse. I mean, we've talked about the curse on here many times. But to be ninety six and be connected to this family, I feel like is rare in general.
Speaker 2: I think Rose.
Speaker 1: Lived pretty long, right, their mom, I feel like she was pretty old.
Speaker 2: She died too.
Speaker 1: Some of them live to be old. But it's just a shame. I'm a sucker for the whole Kennedy family. Really, all the drama that goes on with them and stuff. It's just really kind of my juicy. What do you call that guilty pleasure? Your Roman empire? Something you can't stop thinking about? Yeah, exactly. She left beyond quite a legacy though. She leaves behind nine children, thirty four grandchildren, and twenty four great grandchildren.
Speaker 2: I can't talk she.
Speaker 1: Gets she really just gets props for having nine children. I just cannot fathom any person. And she had all of them herself, so they not only went through all those pregnancies and childbirth, but just being able to mentally deal with that many kids, even if you're rich, like I don't care you have Nanni's whatever. Like, kids are annoying as hell, and to have nine of them arat at one time is just She's a very strong person. She's the second person we're talking came out today. By the way, with nine children. We'll get into that story, Cup and okay too, So okay, it is absolutely nuts. But let's get onto Liam Payne because this story is like shaking the pop culture community. One Direction was this band that was really popular when I was in high school. I don't know if you're that familiar with them.
Speaker 2: So this is this is a funny story.
Speaker 1: So I'm listening to the radio this morning of talk radio, just local, and the guy is older than me, He's like ten years older than me, and he's saying, I let's talk about this this morning. Does any of you know who this guy is? It's I come in the office today and everyone's freaking out and crying and I'm just like who, And that's how I feel. I just I miss that whole who is One Direction? Who's in the band? I didn't even realize that Harry Styles guy was from that band until today when I heard someone say it, Like, I'm just totally checked out. Just missed that whole time period. So they went on this show The X Factor that I believe they all went on individually and then they paired them up, and that's how they formed the band One Direction on that TV show.
Speaker 2: Like what song did they sing that I would have heard of?
Speaker 1: Maybe you would know just off of songs that are just played like at Target, you know, just songs that are played at the stores. But anyway, they were big for a couple of years and then they broke up, and then they went on to have solo careers. We know, Harry Styles is the biggest to come out of that group. He has a really successful solo career. He's been in a couple of movies in the last couple of years. And then there's Nile Horn who also has a pretty big successful career. So this is crazy to me because last week there was all this drama going on with Liam Payne and Nile Horn because apparently Nile was having this show in Argentina a couple of weeks ago, and Liam Payne and the rest of the bandmates don't get along.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's friends with any of them anymore.
Speaker 1: He's one of the only guys in the group that I think went on to not really have that successful of a solo career. So he posted online saying that he was showing up to Nile Horren show in Argentina unannounced, basically because they had some things to square up, which is kind of a weird way of putting it publicly. And then when he was at the show, he had a seat in a suite and he was taking all these pictures, making all this content. I think he was doing a meet and greet or something I heard, and it was so distracting to the audience during the show that the security officers asked him to stop because he was just doing all this stuff and being kind of really rude to the performance. So that happened, and that kind of was buzzing around, and then last week Liam's ex fiance came out and was spilling all these secrets behind the scenes, saying that he had gotten in an altercation with their other band member, Zaan, who's most famous for this domestic violent situation he had with his mother in law yond Yolanda hadid for pushing her against the wall and calling her a Dutch slut, which was un believable that that happened. So there's all this tumultuous nature going on behind the scenes with this band. So he's kind of been like, you know, floating around TikTok, floating around Instagram with my generation just being like, what is this dude's deal. Why is he just showing up to these concerts? And then apparently yesterday afternoon he was seen at this hotel. He's still in Argentina for weeks. He's been in Argentina. Nobody really knows why he's been there. He's there patrol basically, Yeah, he was basically there. I trol this guy. But he's been there for a couple of weeks, which is weird because I think this concert was the beginning of October, so why are you still there two three weeks later? But he was seen in this hotel yesterday being really erratic, and the hotel manager had called the police and said, you know, I have this guest. I believe he's intoxicated. He's trashing his room. And then before the cops even got there, he had fallen off of out of his hotel room onto the balcony below and died. Did he fall well, they're not sure right now if it was an accident or if it was intentional suicide. But apparently he has his history of going to rehab for alcohol addiction and saying that when he was in the height of his alcohol addiction that he had suicidal ideation and everything so I think at this time they're not really sure, but I don't know. If you saw photos of his hotel room that have been coming out this morning, there were drugs all over the room, the TV has destroyed, their things thrown all over the place. It's kind of a sad scene. Well, it is sad, and he's only thirty one and he has a kid, which you have to respect.
Speaker 2: And the reason that.
Speaker 1: I say that is because I guess TMZ is getting a lot of shit right now.
Speaker 2: Because they posted pictures of his.
Speaker 1: Dead body or something and people are not happy about it. So it's not his face or anything, but it's his arms with his recognizable tattoos, so everybody knows it's him. But yeah, I guess we'll just bring you an update if we hear more about this.
Speaker 2: But it's sad.
Speaker 1: He's a young guy. And the funniest thing though, was that someone called the radio today and this woman called and said, my daughter was so obsessed with one direction. I used to bring her to the concerts all the time. And said her daughter, who's like your age, maybe a little bit younger, were you like a hair old for that? I feel like Gilly gets like twenty seven twenty eight ish people. Yeah, because I think they started reaching their height when I was probably a junior or senior in high school, So I would imagine like middle schoolers are the most obsessed with boy bands like that. So this woman called and said her daughter that was twenty seven years old was calling out of work today.
Speaker 2: That's like ridiculous, Well, us, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: Right for any single person that dies.
Speaker 2: Ever, it's just the craziest thing I've ever heard of my life.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm like, I'm coming into work today because we have to talk about this.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, Okay, I would.
Speaker 1: I would not let you ever call out of work for any celebrity dying.
Speaker 2: I'm serious, let me call out of work for anything.
Speaker 1: You know. I had, You know, I was sick for a couple of weeks during COVID and she was like, you have one day to watch TV and then we're hopping on his Z car. That's not the kind of family that you grew up and we don't take off.
Speaker 2: That's just ridiculous.
Speaker 1: And there was one podcast episode we did last year where I woke up with a fever and I was like, was hooked up to an ivy and it's like whatever, I'll chug through and record this podcast. And when I listened after, I'm like, people must think I'm crazy or something. I felt like I sounded so delirious the entire time.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: If you watched America's Next Top Model, like they had to go to work and take pictures when they had the flu and everything and just look like the most beautiful people, and that's you just have to get through it.
Speaker 2: That show's pretty I don't come from it.
Speaker 1: I don't come from a generation of of excuses like your millennial and younger do, so that show's pretty toxic for other reasons. But I will say, if you want to instill good work ethic on the rising generation, I think they should watch all of the early seasons because you're right, they were never allowed to be sick, so it is interesting freak accidents. So this young college student in the UK order clothes from Sheen, as I'm sure all other college students are because it's pretty cheap clothing. So when the package got there, she opened it and saw what she believed to be a toy laying in the package until it started moving, and then she realized it was a venomous scorpion. That's so amazing. You know, I've gotten a couple things from Sheen Guilty, not for myself, for my kids, because all the kids want the stuff from there, because they can get ten things for twenty dollars.
Speaker 2: It's it's just it's so wrong. I don't like it.
Speaker 1: But I feel like they always have these they throw in things or whatever. They just sell these little chochki's all the time. So I could see why she would think, oh, maybe there's just like toy toy scorpion here. And this is really interesting to consider whenever you're getting imported goods that there can be things like bugs that live in other countries that aren't native to Hear and scorpions can be poisonous.
Speaker 2: This one, in.
Speaker 1: Particular, Chinese scorpion does have toxic venom. I don't know if it could kill a person, but it would definitely make them unhappy, even they I saw something that said that there's packaging that says that it's medically significant if you get stung by one, and potentially life threatening.
Speaker 2: But an average adult would just have a really bad day.
Speaker 1: And imagine after this is hilarious, and after this when she realizes it's alive. Her and her roommates have to run around trying to catch this thing in a tupperware container, and then they had to call you know, this like organization that deals with reptiles, and that's who identified it as this Chinese scorpion. And it's just insane to think about. And sheems like, oh, we did an internal investigation and everything seems to be in order.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, think about it. They have a factory in their pack and stuff. What are they're gonna do.
Speaker 1: There's pubs, Like if it just lives around there, it's not like someone was hopefully intentionally trying to hurt somebody with the thing. But it's it's it's an interesting story, Okay. In Colorado, there's this gold mine tour that tourists can go in and take this elevator one thousand feet underground. So last week that elevator malfunctioned when twelve people were on it. Somehow a mechanical failure killed the tour guide on the elevator, and then four other people were injured and the rest of them were trapped. One of the worst parts of the story as well, is that twelve other people before this accident had been brought down on the elevator, so they were trapped underneath the ground for six hours. We went on some kind of similar thing that this summer when we went and took our road trip to California and we stopped at Hoover Dam and we went on some tour that took you deep underground to the bottom of you know, you went in this elevator that went through a mountain, I think, and it just took you down to the turbines and all this stuff.
Speaker 2: It was really cool.
Speaker 1: But the whole time I kept thinking that there was a group, a big group of us, maybe ten people or whatever, on this elevator, thinking like, oh my god, what if something happens in this thing right now? What hell this would be trying to get rescued in a situation like this. And they didn't really say how the guy died, right, They just said they said it wasn't it wasn't a medical event. It was definitely something pertaining to the elevator malfunctioning.
Speaker 2: So no specific details have come out yet.
Speaker 1: But how scary would that be that the only person that knows what they're doing is now dead and you're trapped on this thing, and I think at the time it was like five hundred feet below, so it's halfway down. I just feel like I would probably be interested in going on this tour. Yeah, this is something I would be like, Oh, that's cool if it was just around So god, scary and how do you you get rescued from something like that you're traumatized for, you know, like, imagine how scared you are, thinking maybe you're never getting out of there and just all that stuff. Well, authorities had to get them out in groups of four, so I'm sure that was scary. And I've read something that they were prepared to, you know, have to use a rope to get people up, and that would have been absolutely.
Speaker 2: Horrible to deal with. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: But I don't know exactly how the rescue went down, but they were able to get everybody out, but they were down there for six hours. So Nope, think about how scary that would be, Okay. On Friday night in Tennessee, a twelve year old boy was at a haunted hay ride with his friends and then they were hiding behind bushes attempting to scare people that were on the hay ride, and in a prank gone wrong, when he jumped out. He must have slipped and fell beneath the wheel, which caused the hay ride to run him over, and he was unconscious and later pronounced dead.
Speaker 2: Oh god, this is so sad.
Speaker 1: You see kids at these things all the time, and teenage too, you know, So reading it, to my understanding there was the kid wasn't working there. He was there with a group with a chaperone parent, and he was trying to pull a prank on people that were in the hay ride, So he wasn't really supposed to be where he was. No, that's that's what I got out of it, right, Yeah, I mean I got that just you know, young boys were being young boys and thought it would be funny and then it just went horribly wrong. Yeah, that's just so tragic, And I mean that's going to happen in situations like that when you're driving these motor vehicles around and to the operator's defense, they think they're on a track and they know that there's no people there, so they're driving in the dark, right, and not expecting a twelve year old to be in that position, and just it's just terribly tragic. So in other Halloween news in Queens there's this haunted house that claims to be the number one haunted house in all of New York City, but they've now been shut down by the Fire Department after they said it's too dangerous to operate. Who, like deems all of these businesses that they say they're the number one this of that? Like who they made that up themselves? Right, Well, there's not person that says that it reminds me of an elf when he's like World's best cup of coffee. Yeah, that's that's what it is, exactly one hundred percent what it is.
Speaker 2: I mean, Mother Knows Death is the number one podcast.
Speaker 1: In the world, right, like the number well in every country, in the whole world, in every genre. Just it's just number one. I mean, can anybody just have a haunted house? This didn't seem like it approved attraction. It seemed like somebody's house that they just turned into a spooky event. But this is this, Yes they can because the town that I live in is like super heavy on Halloween, and lots of people make these little haunted houses on their property for people to walk through while the trick or treating. So this particular one seemed like it was really dangerous when they the violations of just people not being able to escape if there was a problem, and fire hazards and this and that, And this reminded me of remember that fire that was at the Dracula's Castle at the Six Flags.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was years What was.
Speaker 1: That the eighties? I think I think it was in the eighties, But we wrote about that last year right in the Grosser Room. So there was for those of you who don't know, there was a haunted house that was a Draculus castle type thing at the Six Flags and it caught on fire and a lot of people, like teenagers and stuff died in the fire because they didn't have a proper way to escape and some of the materials that were used weren't considered to be safe for a situation like that. I don't have the exact numbers, but it was a lot of kids. And this kind of reminds me of that, because, like you said, this is just like random people putting these things together. But then they have the lights and they have this and that, and they don't really think about, you know, what happens if something catches on fire. You're gonna have a situation where people are stuck or anything like that, and so it got shot down. I guess they had violations and they were still selling tickets as of a week again with me. Yeah, so their violations included blocked exits, use and accumulation of combustible materials and poor electrical practices. You know, Gabe's always getting on us about this shit. So like, how is this haunted house supposed to operate? And apparently they offered overnight stays. It's kind of weird. This whole thing seems weird. And yes, to your point, they got the violation, they were ordered to shut it down, and then they kept selling tickets, So I mean, at least at least nothing happened, right, Yeah, that's that's that's how you have to look at it. But I guess these last two stories are a warning of because it's Halloween time and just certain things that you wouldn't think of, Like we're going to a neighborhood haunted house, like sponsored by the school this weekend, you know what I mean, who, by the way, wouldn't let Mother Knows Death advertise there because of our content, But that's a side note. Anyway, We're going to a house that portrays last year, there were children eviscerated on tables. Okay, eviscerated. Their stomachs were open and intestines were hanging out on the ground while another kid was holding more intestines from that body. And mother knows death is not appropriate to advertise there, okay, side note, side note, Okay, this hasn't been up my ass all week. I swear to God. All right, So you're going to these things and you walk through them, and you just assumed that they're they're safe and this and that, and then but something happens, and then all of a sudden, people get trampled and get scared and run or get hurt or slip fall whatever. So you just have to you always have to be mindful when you're in situations like that. I mean, like you're safe at a place, probably safe at a place like Disney World or Universal that's like taking you know, has the teams working on these things to make them safe. But when you're going to these smaller events, something to keep.
Speaker 2: In the back of your mind.
Speaker 1: I wonder how common haunted house accidents actually are because you have to think it's dark, there's fog. A lot of older people go like somebody like, what if I was in there and I drop my glasses, right, I'd just be screwed because I couldn't see anything.
Speaker 2: Then it's like so disorganized and everything. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just yeah, but there's so much fun, and I can't stand that the kids are all like h like they don't mind the one at the school that's just scary enough for them. But the way I don't want children laying with their organs open that, yeah, that we could not sponsor.
Speaker 2: They don't get that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I wish they did because I don't even want to give them my money because of this. But regardless, anyway, just keep just keep it in mind when you're when you're doing activities this season. Okay, in twenty twenty one, this woman's son was getting married. It was supposed to be this really awesome day in their family, and then suddenly this eighty seven pound hoopa fell on her injuring her neck in her back. This reminds me of Meet the Parents when Owen Wilson made this altar for them. Do you remember And he was like you might call it a hoopah, yeah, and you don't remember. So he was like, I whittled this out of one piece of wood and stuff, and then it catches.
Speaker 2: On fire later in the movie. Yeah, boiler alert.
Speaker 1: But like, is this a sign that maybe this wedding shouldn't have happened or something like it? Just think about really being there with your mom and your whole family all in white and just this pure event and this thing falling on your mom and almost killing her. So they said in the Jewish faith that the hoopah is supposed to symbolize this new roof of the family and the couple's intention to create a new home and life together.
Speaker 2: So I guess after this ceremony, I guess she hates her new mother in law. That was like a sign.
Speaker 1: So I guess after the ceremony, people go up to the couple underneath of this thing to just congratulate them and talk to them and everything. And then apparently because so many people were going up to it and like probably just like bumping into it, it collapsed and crushed her. Not crushed her, but it felt and hit her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but she.
Speaker 1: Had a neck and back, she had a concussion, and she had some spinal injury that required surgery. Like she got hurt pretty significantly. Yeah, and she had over three kind of not acceptable that even bumping into it. I mean people bump into shit like that should be really stable, you know. Yeah, And it was provided by the venue. So she racked up about three hundred thousand dollars in medical bills and then she sued the venue and she won a pretty hefty lawsuit settlement from this.
Speaker 2: But how much did she wend you now? Two point three million dollars?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean that's it's kind of justified, honestly, Like she shouldn't have gotten injured at her son's wedding, No, absolutely not. Yeah, and she has permanent injury, Like, like, cool that you gave me two million dollars, but like I have a permanent injury from this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like what do you want money or do you want that?
Speaker 1: And the worst is back like back surgery and stuff. It's it's probably super just this painful every day, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, all right.
Speaker 1: So in Pennsylvania, a member of this Amish family was in the woods. They found some wild mushrooms and decided to pick them. So they go back and the family, who consisted of two parents and nine children. Again, how is this person having nine children? They cooked them for dinner and shortly after it became very ill. See in the in an omous situation, it makes sense to have nine children because they're your like employees, just like just like the reason that I had you.
Speaker 2: But wow, yes, I this is.
Speaker 1: The thing they don't have access to, Like, they don't have access to TV and internet to maybe learn that these things aren't something that you should be eating.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, because they also didn't have access to, you know, technology at all. One of them had to walk half a mile to alert somebody that they were sick and get help, which is that's so terrible, insane. So it turns out they were all poisoned by the mushrooms. They were rushed to the hospital. It seems like they're all okay, but authorities are warning like, you can't just eat mushrooms you find in the middle of the woods.
Speaker 2: You need to look.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most mushrooms that are found in the woods or something, they usually won't kill you in most circumstances, but they can make you really really sick and cause they could even cause acute liver failure. And there are some species even in Pennsylvania that could kill people. So it is something that you're never supposed to do without. I mean, nowadays, if you wanted to do something like that, you would use one of these plant Identify your apps to see exactly what it was and then you could look up and see if it was toxic or whatever. But they don't have that technology. I'm just you know, there are certain things that people learn it throughout their life, especially with books, internet and stuff like that, so you just don't know like what they're having access to. But I'm sure that they've learned this at some point, because then you would be hearing about this more often.
Speaker 2: Maybe, Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was wondering earlier with the scorpion story if she used that app that we use to identify bugs and animals, because I'm like, I wouldn't think to call.
Speaker 2: A reptile the hotline or what.
Speaker 1: No. I would if I got a package from another country and there was some like weird bug or something, I would call somebody and just be like, because that's kind of important to know that that kind of stuff is coming into our country, especially native like animals that aren't native here and things, because that could cause just problems in the ecosystem and stuff that's how those lantern flies and stuff got here. You know, they're not supposed to be here, and they could call. All you need is one of them to have eggs in them and they could just like start causing a huge problem.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: So you want to tell authorities when something like that happens. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I actually I feel like.
Speaker 1: The lantern flies weren't that bad this year. I don't think they aren't.
Speaker 2: I only saw two of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but remember the first year when everybody was freaking out. They were literally everywhere. Oh yeah, it was terrible. But they're not They're not good to be around here.
Speaker 2: They were killing I mean.
Speaker 1: They killed it.
Speaker 2: That was like stuff.
Speaker 1: It was a weird thing that they had that campaign that were telling us to just kill them anytime we saw them and stuff.
Speaker 2: Because usually it's just.
Speaker 1: Like, oh you can't you can't go near this tree because there's a certain bug that lives on it and we're trying to preserve its life and stuff.
Speaker 2: But not those man, they were like murder those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by the Gross Room. So, guys, this week.
Speaker 1: I'm going to write up a whole entire article about the guy that was born with the three penises, and we're going to go through all the photographs that they saw in the gross anatomy lab and talk about just what happened in this interesting anomaly that this guy lived with and didn't even realize that he had. And there's all these other stories that we're always talking about that are in the grocery Room. So you can join us for only five ninety nine a month, and you can visit the Grosserroom dot com for more info or to sign up. Okay, let's get on the true crime. So a couple of weeks ago in Ohio, this guy was drunk and decided this was the perfect time to teach his nine year old how to drive. There's a video of this, by the way, did you see it? No?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Okay, So during the lesson, the driver's side door was open and the dad was standing in between the open car door and the driver's seat. So the child was sitting in the front seat and was told to step on the pedal, which sent the car into reverse very quickly. And because the dad had been standing between the door and the driver's seat, it essentially the door hit him and made the car essentially run him over a little bit, so there's mixed terminology in the news like he was either run over or hit by the car. I think he was more properly run over by the car in my opinion from watching the video. But after that, the kid slammed into a pole and you could see in the video. This is where it's a little concerning because in the video they have everybody blurred out in it, which I don't understand, but seemingly another adult or the world's largest nine year old that ever existed, gets out of the driver's seat and another child gets out of the side, so they were saying there was other kids in the back seat. So I'm not sure if this kid was sitting on the lap of an adult and pressed the pedal or what happened.
Speaker 2: But what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Do you think that they that this isn't even a real story and they were just blaming the thing on a kid, like you're saying it looked like there wasn't a kid driving. I'm likes it was the biggest nine year old you've ever seen. I'm saying that in this video everybody is blurred out, and when the car hits the pole in reverse and an adult gets hit under the car door that seemingly another adult gets out of the driver's side and a child gets out of the other side of the car. Yeah, but they were saying there was other children in the back, so I don't know. But the person looked the figure looked way too tall to be a child. Is it weird that there's people like this that exist, that that there's some.
Speaker 2: People that live what state? Was this in Ohio?
Speaker 1: Like, there's some person that lives in Ohio that's just like, yeah, let's get drunk and take learn let her kid, nine year old learn how to drive. Like what, Well, it's not surprising because this guy had a pretty extensive rap sheet which included endangering children, driving under the influence, cocaine position, drug trafficking, and domestic violence. So so he has already been in trouble for endangering children, but he's allowed to still have his children. Yeah, or some or whoever is in charge of them is letting him supervise them, and then things like this happen.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Pop Pop swears that he learned how to drive when he was nine. That was back in like nineteen fifty four, that's how old he That's when he would have been nine years old, which is definitely more believable than you know. And if you guys have been listening to us for a while, you might have heard us say before that one lou Qualteria makes pretty outrageous claims, right like.
Speaker 2: People just he does. You would think he was a chronic liar.
Speaker 1: You would think he has a pathological liar. He just says the most outrageous shit that like never seems to make any sense, and it's always outburst at the most random times, but they always check out.
Speaker 2: So I do have to believe.
Speaker 1: Always, every single time he says something, you're kind of like, did that really happen? Dad? And then we were able to prove it somehow. It's just insane. Yeah, some picture will show up of him driving in a car this weekend, like from nineteen fifty four. I do just have to believe that he did learn how to drive at nine, because oh yeah, yes he doesn't. He doesn't give a shit about anything to be exaggerated to make people impressed by him, you know what I mean, He's just not that type of person. Yeah, Like he's just talking, so I don't know, but not surprising that a guy with a rabsheet like this did this happened? But it's I don't really understand what's going on because all of these news articles are saying it was the kid that hit him. But when I'm watching this video, I'm like, what am I seeing that not everybody else is seeing? So I think it's very unusual. Just find the video that's not blurred. That's all you gotta do. Yeah, exactly. So We're gonna dig a little deeper into this because I'm curious, and if I do find the uncensored video, we will certainly be putting it in the gross room because we need to break this down. Yeah, all right, this this story is nuts. So earlier this year, these people bought a house in Grand Junction, Colorado. Did you guys stop there on your West Coast trip? Nah, it's really.
Speaker 2: Cool, we I don't think.
Speaker 1: No. There was a train stop we got off, you know, on the train we took there was like fresh air brakes where you could get out for five minutes and take a fresh air break whatever. When we were going through on the train. It was really really beautiful anyway, So there was this deep freezer left on the property and the new homeowners didn't want it anymore. So they had offered it for free, and then when somebody came to pick it up, they discovered something pretty quote suspicious inside and called police.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they found a woman's severed head and hands. Correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, So the first question as well, who does this belong to? Yet? Who does this belong to? Where did they come from? So basically they didn't know for a while where they came from. I guess they had to do some type of DNA testing. I'm not really sure what the investigation looked like behind the scenes, but now they've come forward to say that it is the remains of this sixteen year old girl that had last been heard from in April of two thousand and five. I'm actually wondering why it took so long to figure out who it was, because they knew where the freezer came from, and they which was the previous homeowner, and the previous homeowner's daughter was missing since she was sixteen years old. So yeah, but she was never reported missing, so I don't think she they formally had record of her being missing. That's just when other people had said they had last seen her. That's that's insane to think that a sixteen year old could just go missing and like that's it, Like nobody reports it and then we just move on with life.
Speaker 2: That's nuts, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I'm also like, what was the state of the house when it was sold? Was it you know, did that person die? Was it in estate sale? Did those people never open the freezer? They just slid on the property and were like, we don't want this, somebody come picking up. I can understand that because if it's if it was big and bulky and it was in the way and they were just like listen, like you can come take it, but I'm not moving it.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I would luck just because I would want to see what was in there. Maybe, but yeah, you could see that people if if it was in the way, they probably didn't even really care about giving it away for free and being nice.
Speaker 2: They just wanted someone to come take it, you know how that is? You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I'm just curious this state in which this house was sold, because I'm like, no real litor at any point open Like, I don't know, when you go through a house, people do shit like that. They open refrigerators and stuff. Because most of the time when you buy a house. It comes with the appliances. So I think I thought I would feel about wanting to live in the house knowing that someone killed their teenage daughter in the house. That's the sort of dead body in the freezer. Yeah, I mean some people like that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: But I also think.
Speaker 1: There's this real estate rule where you only have to disclose a violent crime that occurred in the house within like a seven year period. So what if you found that really a true rule.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: It was like just hearsay of like what people are supposed to do. I don't know, but I'm just I mean, listen, there's plenty of people that love that, you know what I mean. Personally, wouldn't be into it, bunch, Yeah, I mean and the investigator, I mean, somebody's buying John bought John Brene Ramsey's murder scene house, right, Yeah, I mean, I couldn't ever people are into that. They Realtor dot Com had like an entire article one time about the houses that true crime things like famous true crime events happened. They had like the Watts family murder house, the John Benet House, John Wayne Gaesee's property, which they they tore down that house, but somebody else built a house on top of them, like the whole grounds are haunted. In my opinion, this sounds like a grossroom episode or a grosser room article for Halloween. Oh yeah, that we could talk about like different houses where different murders occurred and stuff like that. It's pretty interesting. I'm interested in it. I just wouldn't want to be there every day. Yeah, I mean I don't. I don't think I could. You know, you have, I said a couple of weeks ago, you have to have some level of understanding when you have an older house that an older person probably died in the house. You don't want to think it's something violent. You want to like it's like a natural cause and they died peacefully in their sleep. But it's kind of naive to think, like you're buying an old house that potentially nobody has died in, but to know something really right. I just said that to kids the other day because they were saying, like something about someone's house being haunted because the person that lived there before died there, and I was like, people probably died in.
Speaker 2: Our house too.
Speaker 1: Our house is is like one hundred and forty years old or one hundred and thirty years old, like, of course somebody died in this house, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And did that freak them out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? They just hadn't thought about it. And I was like, someone died. And I was like, eye witnessed our next door neighbor died in the house. Like do you think that our house is haunted now? Like it's just people die in the house.
Speaker 2: Well, now, when Lily in.
Speaker 1: Sleep walks and wakes you up in the middle of the night, you have to be worried about her thinking. She tell me she's bored. She won she seriously slept walk. This was when Gabe was gone, right or it was right before he was gone and came in the room. She scares the shit out of me because she when she's sleepwalking, she's just totally alert, like she loves like she's alert and awake, but she's not.
Speaker 2: And she comes up to me at three o'clock in the warning, you know, scares the shit out of me and she's like, Mommy, I'm bored. And I was just like, dude, you're sleeping, go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: I could not be so chill about it was pretty funny, so scary all right. On to the next On October ninth, this guy was scheduled to work at this house, but when he got there, nobody answered the front door, so he went around back to see if he could try the back door, and he reportedly noticed a pile of hair, a blood stained mattress, and these drag marks in the grass that eventually led to a dismembered body. Yeah, So the most shocking part is when police went there what they found inside of the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So before they were able to get the search warrant and they were talking to this guy, he had said that he believed that the deceased person was the woman that owned the house that had hired him to do the work, and that the day before, her thirty two year old daughter was quote casting spells on them and being confrontational. So when the police got to the house, the daughter was refusing to leave. They had to use They actually used multiple attempts of tear gas to try to get her to leave, and she would not leave the house. And finally they took her out and her face, hands, and clothes were all covered in blood. So eventually they get this search war and as they're going through they find this woman's body parts just cooking inside of a pot.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how this whole thing is disturbing?
Speaker 1: Like just imagine being a worker, you're going to do construction mark at someone's house and they're sitting there and there's a grown adult putting a spell.
Speaker 2: On someone, Like what do you? What do you even do in that situation?
Speaker 1: It's probably massively awkward, right, And then to come the next day and find a person dismembered when you're just a worker, you're you're not.
Speaker 2: Used to seeing that kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: And even cops that are used to more used to seeing things like that, I mean, seeing someone cooking a person is so it must be so disturbing to see that. I don't know how you ever get over that or forget that, you know, I don't think you could ever forget that. And they also found a mattress near the mother's body with multiple body parts and organs on top of it. So just coming across a scene like that is horrific. I don't know you feel from it.
Speaker 2: Seriously, think about this.
Speaker 1: Imagine when you walk in anyone's house that's cooking food, you could smell it and it has a specific smell, right, Yeah, like imagine the cops walking in and smelling whatever that was. They're always going to remember that smell, you know what I mean, because can't even imagine people are meat, right, So it's just going to smell the same as if you were cooking. I mean, not with the seasonings. Well who knows, We don't know if she used seasonings or anything. But it's so disturbing. Well didn't we Is this an our cannibalism post from last year where we talked about the woman who killed her husband and then like cooked his ribs or something. Yeah, but I guess there's a difference because this woman weep cover a couple stories on here where we.
Speaker 2: Found a mom's head in a crock pot.
Speaker 1: There's this way. It's called matriocide. It's a weird thing where yeah, we children their parents. Yeah, I mean, it's just my wories. This person is probably schizophrenic or something, or it is having some kind of other mental health issue, and they may not have been cooking the body parts to eat, just just because it goes along with the witch and the spell and all the stuff that doesn't make any sense to us, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Yeah, God knows what was going on. Over there. Okay, medical news.
Speaker 1: So a doctor has recently come out to say that a common household medication could potentially be the cause of a rectile dysfunction. Yeah, I think this is pretty important for men to know, especially that they're considering any ensads. So that's an aspirin or ibuprofen that stands for non steroid anti inflammatory drugs. These are common things that men will so men and women use every single day for pain, especially as you get older and stuff. But they it does decrease the blood flow to the penis and it could cause erectile dysfunction. They're also saying beta blocker medications can lower testosterone and can also cause erectile dysfunction. And these are all normal medications that people are taking for just normal elements like gird and for pain and for.
Speaker 2: High cholesterol things like that.
Speaker 1: So it's just something to think of if your man's having a problem in that area, like what other medications are they taking that might be causing this. Yeah, it definitely is really interesting to think about because I think because they're over the counter, people just assume they're very safe and just pop them and don't even think anything about it. We're like long term side effects so interesting. Yeah, and like now it's when you look at any older person, like so many people are just on a lot of medications every day, including vitamins and stuff, and some things have interactions like that, and you wouldn't even think you wouldn't think anything of it, you know what I mean. But the mixture of it sometimes is a problem.
Speaker 2: Too, Yeah for sure. Okay.
Speaker 1: Other death news, a Turkish Airlines flight was going from Seattle to Istanbul when suddenly it had to make an emergency detour a JFK Airport in New York City because the pilot died.
Speaker 2: That's so scary.
Speaker 1: We talk about this sometimes though, like what happens if a pilot dies. I mean, there's a bunch of people up there, right, it's not just well by by himself. Standard procedure is that any commercial flight must have two pilots, but because this was such a long flight, they had three, so luckily they were able to safely land the plane with Is there one that's like the boss and the other ones don't really are on the same level or how's that?
Speaker 2: I wonder how that works?
Speaker 1: You have to I would say they're probably coals.
Speaker 2: But some of them may.
Speaker 1: Have more experience than the other ones. I'm not really sure. It's it's kind of a because this guy apparently he had his health checked in March and had a clean bill of health, and he's only fifty nine years old. So you're flying this plane with two other pilots, and it must have been quite shocking that the guy just lost consciousness and dropped dead in front of them, and they were still able to keep their cool and fly the plane and land it safely. I mean, it is shocking. Think about if you witness that, that you would have that fight or flight response, of that rapid heartbeat and just that nervousness and stuff, and just not really scared about the plane because the two pilots were there, but just being able to keep yourself present and cool and collected while you're trying to land the plane. You know, it's it's pretty well, it's jarring they were able to. It's jarring to see somebody who's dropped dead. So yeah, and I mean the guy he probably had if it was a natural death, a heart attack, he could have had a heart attack, a stroke, a pulmonary embolism.
Speaker 2: I mean, don't I don't know what they're saying. He didn't have any history. I don't really know.
Speaker 1: Obviously, he didn't do the autopsy or anything. He could add a ruptured aneurysm or something. There's only like a limited amount of things that just cause you to go to just drop dead like that. So well, yeah, and they were saying he just like suddenly lost consciousness and then any medical interventions they had tried on the plane were just totally unsuccessful. And when they land they were greeted by other medics who confirmed he definitely died before the plane landed. So that's scary to think about. I also read on BBC that pilots are supposed to undergo medical exams every twelve months, but those over forty are supposed to get them every six months. Really yeah, and he was over forty, but his last medical exam would have been seven months, so it's not you know, I was thinking, like, it's only a couple weeks of difference. But if he had gone in September like he should have, would they have caught something.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Maybe, I don't know, just to it depends what it was. Yeah, So I found that really interesting, And that's if it's a natural death. Like he could have choked on a piece of chilling gum or or been under the influence of something I don't know. Yeah, I mean his exact cause of death is currently unknown. Hopefully they'll reveal that soon, so we just like know for the sake of the news. That's why we have to sit here and guess, because we'll never hear about it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: But kind of nuts because you know, everybody at first was really pissed when they had to land the flight, and obviously you have to have some level of understanding a person died. You can't just keep a dead person on an aircraft for like hours and hours and hours. Yeah, so it's definitely nuts. But all right, let's get into our last story. So on Reddit, this woman had posted that in the event she died first, she would plan to give her husband one hundred percent of her retirement fund, but if he chose to get remarried, he would only get fifty percent, and the other fifty percent would then go to her children.
Speaker 2: I kind of love this. I love this lady.
Speaker 1: I love what because apparently the husband was upset and she was just like, oh, well, then you should marry someone that's financially responsible and you won't have to worry about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she's like.
Speaker 1: True, like you work your whole life and you don't want it to go down the drain because because of that, Like, I think this is awesome.
Speaker 2: I might do it.
Speaker 1: I think it's awesome too, because you can't guarantee that your spouse's like new wife or whatever, is going to make a good choice, and you don't know if that person's going to be like a gold digger, they're not going to be financially responsible, and you don't want your children getting f't out of your hard earned money just because they marry this like stranger into this situation. Yeah, I think I think it's a great idea. So I think most of the Reddit community, well, she was writing this post asking if she was in the wrong because her husband was so upset by it, but it seems like most people were on her side and said, definitely contact the lawyer and get this in writing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I take I'm going to do that too.
Speaker 1: It's it's pretty interesting, all right. Let's get onto Questions of the Day. Every Friday at that at mother Nose Death Instagram account, we put a little question box up and you guys could ask whatever you want. First, where is the craziest place, and iud has migrated that you've seen on an exam So personally, the craziest place that I've ever seen it is the stigmoid colon, which is definitely outside of the uterus where it was placed originally. But the craziest case that I've ever received on Instagram was in a placenta. Oh my god, so like ironic, Yeah, it really is. There's a pic, there's there's a there were pictures years ago floating around Instagram of a baby holding one when it was born.
Speaker 2: I don't I don't know if that's real. Yeah, I would say I feel like it was.
Speaker 1: It's either like this was kind of before the whole AI say, but it was probably either photoshopped or or planted in the kid's hand. Maybe it was found in the placenta, but they were like, oh, let's just put this in this kid's hand for dramatic effect or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I feel like that was more of a statement piece, not something that actually but I guess it's possible. It is possible from what you're saying, But I don't know. All right, can you see inflammation that autopsy would you know, if somebody had chronic pain. Yeah, I mean there's definitely times that I've done autopsies that I open a person up and say, I could totally tell this person was in a lot of pain and it looks terrible. And most of the time those are because of cancer and there's tumor that's destructive to the bone, and it just looks completely uncomfortable or painful. But if you're talking about conditions more like autoimmune conditions or conditions like fibromyalga or something, you don't see a whole ton grossly with that particular disease process anything that we would really recognize. Rumatart arthritis, for sure, you could see the effects of that, and you could tell that a person was in pain just by looking at their joints, the deformities and different kinds of conditions like that that could cause chronic pain, but not something usually if you're talking about something that can't get picked up by MRI, then we may.
Speaker 2: Not see much either at all autopsy, If that makes sense, all right.
Speaker 1: Last, do the girls have more of a sister bond or mother daughter bond with me due to our age gap? I'd say we definitely have a sister bond, but they know I could put down the law if I have to and yell at them. So yeah, I think it's a I think it's like a cool older sister bond, but but they know that she's an authority figure. Yeah, because there's definitely data, not one hundred percent, because there's sometimes I yell at Maria and I'm just like, dude, you're not their mom, just relaxed like you know, but she It's just like having an older Like I didn't have an older sister when I was little, but I had cousins that were a little bit older than me that I thought were really cool, Gene and Renee if you're listening, except but they would come over and they would babysit us or whatever sometimes, and they were definitely like my cousins, but they were also older, so I knew that I had to listen to them because they were older than me.
Speaker 2: But it's kind of.
Speaker 1: Like that, yeah, because I feel like sometimes, you know, me and Lillian are eighteen years apart, me and Lulu are twenty years apart, So I feel like there's these weird days where we get in like sisterly tips. But then I'm at the same time definitely do, but I at the same time like, yo, I'm your elder and you need to respect me. So it's and then I'm like, Maria, you're twenty years older than these kids and you're fighting with them right now. So it's definitely a really interesting dynamic. We just said yesterday how I never really felt the age gap that much in the last couple in the last decade, but now that I'm about to be thirty and Lulu just turned ten, it's definitely weird. Like I feel like being in my you know, teen's early twenties with them being little kids. I was like, well, I'm still kind of a kid too, but now I'm like a full blown adult, not that I haven't been for a while, but it's weird because like when she's starting to get if she decides to go to college and she's in the talent and her college, you're going to.
Speaker 2: Be like approaching you are going to be approaching my age right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's just our life is just kind of weird like that. It's just it's always just going to be like that, what are you going to say, Like again, I mean, you're old enough to be their mom, They always say to me, you'll have to take care of mommy when you're old, and then I always reply, well, I'm going to be old too, so you're gonna have.
Speaker 2: To take yes exacts on you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because when they're twenty, I'm going to be I'm going to be forty.
Speaker 2: You know. It's just a different dynamic.
Speaker 1: But I hope nobody has to take care of you when you're forty, like I know that scene.
Speaker 2: Getting closer to you. No, when we're old old.
Speaker 1: No. I think it's funny though, because we definitely have the sister Lee connection. And I think when they were really little, they were just so confused how I was related to them. So that was always interesting. Well, you moved out when they were you lived here with them for when they were really little, but then when they got a little bit older, like three, four or five, when they started realizing what was going on, you were.
Speaker 2: Already out of the house. So yeah, and you were.
Speaker 1: In school, so you didn't come over as much as you do now, you know what I mean. So now it's like whatever, it's just like their normal life now. Every single day we picked them up from school and they say like, is we here? And then Maria Lake helps them play the SIMS Get You Get. I heard you gave Lillian some SIMS code so that she could get free stuff or something yesterday. I blew her mind when I gave her the cheek could to get fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so she was. She was hype about that.
Speaker 1: And you know Lucia does crocheting and will not crocheting like Eroitery.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with herself.
Speaker 1: I want, you know, I want to have this balance of I guess as you did as a young mom too, Like you want the respect of being this older figure in their life, but you also want them to feel like they could come to you with whatever, Like if they're ever mad at you for any reason. I want to feel like they could come to my house and like chill out for a little bit, or we could. They definitely would not go to you before me, because they're probably more scared of you than they are of me. It's funny because you know they think they'll get in more trouble with you than.
Speaker 2: Me, for sure.
Speaker 1: No whatever, I mean, I just want them to feel like they're just having They could come over my house and have fun, we can do things together and whatever. But like a like a cool big sister, you know, like I'm not gonna let them come over my house and get high or anything, but like I'll take them to the Well.
Speaker 2: Thanks, that makes me feel better.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm certainly not going to be like Beth and feed the all soda and ice cream. So yeah, when they go to my mom's house, their diet consists of like eating a stick of butter and ice cream for breakfast and cans of soda. They probable grandparent things to do. They probably hate coming to my house right now because I try to adhere as much.
Speaker 2: You're like, here's some carrot stick. No, I try to end last.
Speaker 1: I try to adhere to your house rules as much as possible because I'm like living I'm not living at your house, but I'm there every single day working, So like I want them to see it as a mimicked environment, whereas they go to mom moms and it's like a total party fest over there.
Speaker 2: Well that's what being a grandparent is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, guys, Well, don't forget to submit your story for six Shocking Stories at stories at Motherosdeath dot com. If you have a question for Question of the Day, head over to our Instagram on Fridays to enter that question and please leave us a review.
Speaker 2: All right, see you guys next week.
Speaker 3: Thank you for listening to Mother Knows Death. As a reminder, my training is as a pathologist's assistant. I have a master's level education and specialize in anatomy and pathology education. I am not a doctor and I have not diagnosed or treated anyone dead or alive without the assistance of a licensed medical doctor. This show, my website, and social media accounts are designed to educate and inform people based on my experience working in pathology, so they can make healthier decisions regarding their life and well being. Always remember that science is changing every day and the opinions expressed in this episode are based on my knowledge of those subjects at the time of publication. If you are having a medical problem, have a medical question, or having a medical emergency, please contact your physician or visit an urgent care center, emergency room or hospital. Please rate, review, and subscribe to Mother Knows Death on Apple, Spotify, YouTube, or anywhere you get podcasts.
Speaker 2: Thanks