Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 3: Well. Good morning, everybody, Happy September. We are officially in football season. September feels like football. Welcome to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. I'm Jessnavars, joined alongside Aisham Morrison and Christie Scales Ladies Virgo season.
Speaker 4: We talked about this earlier.
Speaker 3: But something about September feels like ball and it is right around the corner of the regular season.
Speaker 4: Next week officially we go back to.
Speaker 3: Our regular time slot. So exciting things are starting to feel real. So let's kick things off. Let's start with our text line. If you have any questions throughout the show, you can text us is at eight one seven, two nine zero three two nine eight. We're inte calls in the second line today. We want to hear from you ahead of the season as well, so that will be exciting practices this week. We talked earlier in the week about what we saw at practice. It's not a little bit of practice yesterday as well, but I think more importantly, we talked to a lot of the guys and we got a lot of good insight ahead of next week.
Speaker 4: So let's talk about it. Christy, I'm gonna refer to you first.
Speaker 3: What was one of the main takeaways from this week's worth of practices for you?
Speaker 5: Well, besides it being switched to the morning just to get out of the heat, No, it was funny actually like real scout team stuff, real actual preparations for the New York Giants, And of course they've been the past few weeks. The first team has been working on stuff that you're going to see in the game plan against New York. But we've gone from a player evaluation through that final preseason game, especially at the young guys, and now preparation for the Giants.
Speaker 6: And I'm excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 5: And one of the reasons that we're going back is just mentioned to the regularly scheduled time for Girls Talk, Boys Talk, is because the Cowboys are going back to their more normal practice schedule, having their practice start late morning rather than first thing at eight am just to try to beat the heat.
Speaker 7: Yeah. Yeah, just that it's starting to get real, starting to feel.
Speaker 4: That football coming.
Speaker 7: But when I was watching practice the other day, it's not even it's even anything, just outh the ordinary, but you can tell that it's sped up, that things they're picking up. And that's why the install period with the OTA's Mini Camp training camp is so important for these young guys because, Babe, when it started going, we ain't got time to wait around for you. You're going to have to excel. So I'm starting to get excited in myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's great.
Speaker 7: Literally, like I literally was thinking about it last night.
Speaker 6: I was like, oh, it's about to happen, Like.
Speaker 7: Football's come and like football's about to be here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's one of those things you wake up in the morning, August slipped away and you are officially in September. It just feels like football season. It really does. Mike McCarthy said in his press conference yesterday that this week they were working on third down normal and distance, and then next week they're going to start working in the red zone come Monday. But they are in game prep and that's something that McCarthy's been saying even well before this week was he started to look at the Giants ahead of the last preseason game against the Raiders.
Speaker 4: Even so exciting stuff there.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about other things Mike McCarthy said this week, because Trey Lance, we officially got to see him geared up in that number fifteen Jersey. We talked about that in our last episode.
Speaker 4: But Christy a little nugget.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because when we're in those press conferences, you can tell when Mike McCarthy says something interesting because it's like all of our ears kind of perk.
Speaker 4: Up a little bit.
Speaker 3: And I specifically saw you when he said this. He talked about Trey Lance in the quarterback meeting room, and so I would love for you to talk about this because I think it's so interesting and it says a lot about Trump.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the reference that Mike McCarthy used was that Trey Lance in the quarterback meeting room.
Speaker 6: It was like a beautiful mind.
Speaker 5: And that's the Russell Crowe movie, the real life mathematician there and just it's a great visual in the movie where he's writing things down, but even just looking at out the window and all the formulas and all the mathematical calculations are popping up like on the window and things like that.
Speaker 6: So so yeah, you're right, Jess, I kind.
Speaker 5: Of parked up and because I was visualizing Trey Lance there. He's obviously a young, bright, bright, young mind, and I could just see all of these little you know, the route combinations and things just like floating over his head, like the numbers with Russell Crow in the movie A Beautiful Mind.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and something else that he mentioned. Nisha, We're going to talk about this because we have talked since last season about Terrence Steele and the injury that occurred for him, and how we've talked about it on the show before, how amazing it is for him to be as far as he is ahead of his schedule less than a year after the injury, to already be suiting up and getting ready to take the field come week one of the regular season. During Mike McCarthy's press conference, he said that he's never seen a recovery like that. He talked about Terrence not ever missing a day, and he said, it's just Terrence. He's the same every time, every day doing the rehab, feels like he never left and then what I really liked is that he said he's a no nonsense glue guy. That's a very big statement from a head coach Aisha during this time. And you know, we'll even go back to OTA's mini camp through training camp to now, what is the progression you've seen from Terrence and how does that make you to see what he's capable of building off of from where he left off the last time he was on the field.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, absolutely, he really did just pick up where he left off, which brought me to like, anytime I've gotten a chance to talk to Terrence, I'm asking about his diet, I'm asking about his regiment. I'm asking about like because I'm trying to rationalize it myself as someone that like watch watch watches football as much as we do, and it has to watch it in depth, like an ACL injury is typically it takes time, and we even saw Michael Gallup it takes time. But this guy has come out. He's getting to the second level. He's lead blocking, like you worried about maybe.
Speaker 6: When you see a guy with the brace on.
Speaker 7: I think I tweeted this, it's like you normally see a guy with the braceon and you think that's going to change how mobile they're gonna be or just how fast they can get off the ball in angles and stuff.
Speaker 6: But I asked him, I was like, has the brace helped you?
Speaker 7: And he was like, obviously, it gives you a little bit more peace of mind, But he's talked about it doesn't it's not something that changes. It just gives him a little bit more. But he was telling me that it not being on the leg he kicks with, gives him almost like extra stability on his lead leg, you know.
Speaker 6: And he was like, I think.
Speaker 7: He feels stronger on his get off, you know, getting off the line because he has that brace. And so just to even see that he's looked at the positives in it and figured out a way to well, I thought it was just interesting. I've never heard a player say that, because he told me like, Tyron wears one on the other leg and but Tyron doesn't feel that way and it's because it's on.
Speaker 6: The leg he kicks with right.
Speaker 7: And so I was like, that's just interesting that he can turn something like that into a positive and then also use it to his advantage. I'm just so I'm so impressed with him and his progression and I think he, like you said, the glue, he is a foundation of this offensive line.
Speaker 6: I'm sorry. I know it was a lot, but I.
Speaker 4: Just I'm I apologize.
Speaker 7: I just to see him. I just I've never seen anything like this. I was like, did you contact the wakandans? Did y'all have some conversations.
Speaker 4: The funny thing is she tells him that, like.
Speaker 7: I say that, he left.
Speaker 5: So what we need to do is ask Terrence to bring into it and maybe it's in his locker in the little cabinet and locker. He probably has it at home. But Terrence was one of two players to receive the Golden Whistle Award in the off season, and so this year and talking with Harold, who's the strength and conditioning coordinator this year, Harold thought it would be fun in addition to the gold whistle which has the names on it, jay Ron Curse, by the way, was the other player to win the Golden Whistle Award this year, that they included a little trophy as well. So let's let's ask Terrence if he has it at home, to bring his golden whistle and golden and his trophy. But I do want to mention one thing about the braces, knee braces, And it's interesting to see the approaches that the different coaches have brought over the year. So for example, Bill Parcells when he was here, he it was mandated that the offensive linemen and defensive linemen wore knee braces on both knees, and it was thought that it would help avoid injury. So not just the extra stability, you know, like Tyren and Terrence say, or Terrence says that it helps helps him with it pushing off on that leg.
Speaker 6: But they didn't have a choice back then when it was when it was Bill Parcells was the head coach.
Speaker 5: But of course most of the players don't wear them unless they've had some kind of injury situation.
Speaker 6: But I remember those years where they had to wear them.
Speaker 3: Very good nuggets here, ladies. The text line is open for questions. And with the Dallas Cowboys coming off of two consecutive seasons of twelve and five, you know, it's about that time we start talking about potential records and expectations for the season. It is that time officially, But we had a question come in from the text line that I thought would be a little interesting bit of conversation because we know a bit of a drought in Dallas that these guys more than anybody, they're ready to break it.
Speaker 4: They're ready to break that drought.
Speaker 3: The question is this an NFC championship or bust season for Mike McCarthy and Dak Prescott overall expectations for the team. I wish this person would have said their name because they said love the show, ladies, and we appreciate that, so thank you whoever sent that in.
Speaker 4: But expectations based on what you're hearing.
Speaker 3: We'll get into locker room talks and some of the conversations we've had with the guys this week in our next segment when we're taking some calls.
Speaker 4: But expectations for this team going into.
Speaker 3: Official regular season mode next week, I shall go to you and then Wilterford to Christy.
Speaker 7: Expectations. I will say from the time that we had the opportunity to come into the locker room and just start feeling.
Speaker 6: The players or see feel in their presence.
Speaker 7: Last like I want to say, OTA's mini camp death stuff. Since I started, I don't know. There's just an energy you can feel about this team right now, and it's hard to describe. It's hard to put into words, but Micah talked about it is they've they've almost gotten there, They've gotten a taste, and they're just gonna keep trying. They're just gonna keep I think they're gonna keep making strides towards it. I expect this team to have a deep playoff from this year, and I'm not worried about injuries in the same way unless it's just something catastrophic, because I feel like Mike McCarthy for the last two years has handled injuries going into the playoffs extremely well, and so to me, that is one of the only things that could do real things. But then I'm saying to myself, this head coach got through not having their quarterback for five weeks, not having I mean it was I mean, you lost Donovan Wilson at certain points. It has been a it's just been it's been an uphill situation. But I think they're making They've made so much progress. There should be some there should be some good things that come out of this year.
Speaker 5: To me, it's like the old Houston Oilers and bum Phillips, you know, been knocking on the door and this year take it down.
Speaker 6: That's old old reference.
Speaker 5: But yeah, certainly media and fans, no question that two consecutive twelve win seasons it's not enough. It's it's getting to the NFC Championship game and hopefully beyond. But Ayusu, I think you make a great point about the energy and the expectations within the room, and that's what's really important, and so I agree. You know, you look at what they've added on both sides of the ball with Gilmore and Cooks and you I think that overall the wide receiver corps is better than last year. And yeah, don't really see any excuses unless there were some kind of injury situation. But you're right the way that they handle the injuries entering the playoffs the past two years, they were I would say poised among the best in the NFL in terms of injury situations entering the playoffs.
Speaker 6: So just what are you thinking? Are you an NFC championship game and or beyond.
Speaker 3: Look, I would love nothing more than to tell my parents how weird the first year I get to cover the Cowboys and this is what happens last time they went to the Super Bowl, and one I was born. So I don't know, guys, I would love nothing more than to rub that in my parents' faces, especially my dad.
Speaker 4: He would love that.
Speaker 3: But no, I think what I really appreciate about this team is, you know, there's a lot of emphasis on the.
Speaker 4: Physical strength and what you're able to do on the field.
Speaker 3: But what I really appreciate and I wish more people got to see, is how much Mike McCarthy really cares about these guys. How much the entire coaching staff really goes out of their way for these guys, and they take care of them mentally as well. So not only are they mentally or they're physically fit to be on the field, they're mentally fit and they're in good places. They're in solid mindsets going into the season, and it doesn't feel like there's any panic or worry, even for the younger guys that are in the room. They have these core or these coarse stone men that are there with them that have been where they are. They have, you know, guys like Michael Gallup to understand what it's like to come back from an injury that can mentor them. They have guys like Brandon Cooks who gives them advice.
Speaker 4: On their body.
Speaker 3: They have you know, the young tight end room that's now ready to amplify, and then on the defensive side you have a Micah Parsons and a tank.
Speaker 4: You just have so many.
Speaker 3: Different layers of this team covered really all around, whether it comes to good advice and how to take care of yourself mentally physically. They all just seem really prepared and ready. I don't feel any kind of weird sense of hesitation with this team. So look, I just I really am excited for.
Speaker 4: What this team is capable of doing.
Speaker 3: And I think they do have a tough schedule, so you got you you have to factor that in a little bit and be realistic with things. However, this team is faced adversity before, and any any adversity that's faced throughout the season, I think that they have the strong enough glues within them right to make sure they.
Speaker 4: Overcome that real quick.
Speaker 3: We do want to give some injury updates before we head to our next segment where we are taking calls, So make sure to get your phones ready to start dialing those numbers so you can chat with us about all things Dallas Cowboys football. Sam Williams he did not practice this week, and he exited practice on Wednesday with turf toe. As per reports, it's not considered significant. We were talking about turf toe before we started recording. Christy, what have you seen in terms of turf toe and what it can really do?
Speaker 4: Can it be lingering?
Speaker 5: I mean, for sure talk about it, not just through the season, but turf toe. And Chris being our producer, we were talking about it before.
Speaker 6: Signing on and yeah, Chris Dion.
Speaker 5: Sanders played for years with turf toe, and basically what it is, it's when you're bending it the wrong way. There are ligaments and tendons and soft tissue in your toe. There's also a joint in your toe. It's the MTP joint, and so sometimes it can involve that joint. But it's very painful. And Chris, you I know, you remember very clearly and of all of the positions, not that any position is good to have turf toe, but to be a cornerback and rely on your.
Speaker 6: Speed and things like that.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, there are different grades. They sometimes say grade one, grade two, grade three, And the good news is it sounds like Sam's is the lesser of it. But the problem is these soft tissue injuries, you know, Yeah, yeah, what do you do for turf toe.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, yes, stay off it.
Speaker 5: But guess what, you're a professional football player and that's not really an option.
Speaker 6: So gonna be tough.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, And Donovan Wilson another guy that we saw I practice not participating.
Speaker 4: He was on the side there as well.
Speaker 3: So any updates that we have on donno anything, kind of just don't know yet.
Speaker 5: Well, that's the thing with the calf injury, that's the deal. We're talking about, soft tissue injury. And that was actually the first day of practice, so that was back the.
Speaker 6: Final week of July.
Speaker 5: And so he is such an important catalytic player for this defense, you know, even if it's even if he's not credited with the force fumble or the fumble recovery or the intershiption, usually he's involved somehow, you know, and such a great player and in my opinion, one of the most underappreciated and underrated players on the entire Dallas Cowboys squad. So but again, just something the soft tissue injury, something they're just going to have to unfortunately.
Speaker 6: Work there to deal with. Yeah, really all season.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, well, let's go ahead and take our first break when we come back. We're getting questions about who we think is going to flip the switch and have a breakout. You're so something for you guys to think about. In the meantime, get your phones ready. We are taking calls in the next segment. Can call us at eight eight, eight, eight, five, five two two nine seven start doll in those numbers.
Speaker 4: We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: This is Girl's Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi, baby, the yin to this Burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of lettuce, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foutopia.
Speaker 4: Burgers better with pepsi.
Speaker 6: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We are taking calls in this segment. We're answering all your questions and we're talking about some locker room conversations we've had. But first, a fan favorite event, Market at the Star, presented by Flea Style, will take place on Saturday, September ninth, from ten am to four pm out on the Tostitos Championship Plaza. Come shop from fifty plus local markets or makers offering art, fashion, to court and more at this free outdoor market. Visit the Star District dot com for more information. Sounds like a lot of fun, and you know what out sounds fun is if you give us a call. You can call us at eight eight eight eight five y five two two ninety seven. Let's talks in football. Start dialing those numbers and we're taking calls throughout this entire second segment. Here you can also text us as well. If you're a little too shy for that, you can text us at eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight. Okay, so before we left off, we got a question that had you guys kind of steering on. We're talking about it over the break, about a breakout season, flipping the switch. Keith from Kentucky wants to know who do you think is going to be the biggest surprise this year, whether it be Deuce Vaughan, Hunter, Lipky Cavante, Turpin, Jake Ferguson, or Damon Clark who's having that breakout year. Aisha, you were the first one that you were like, I have an idea.
Speaker 4: All right, here's your spotlight.
Speaker 1: My breakout year.
Speaker 7: He's not on that list, but man Tyler Smith at guard sounds real good to me, Like, I think that Tyler is going to have the opportunity to really display his power and just how strong his anchor is. I obviously he does it at left tackle, but left tackle involves a lot more footwork, and I feel like him being able to get in a phone booth and really just get into guys. I feel like he's gonna have a fantastic year at left guard. If there are no moving parts. So he is one of my breakout players. And yeah, I think it's going to be all full display in this division. You need your interior to be strong. I think your interior just got a lot better.
Speaker 6: Yeah, well he was. I thought he was outstanding last year.
Speaker 5: So but breakout in terms of receiving the recognition, yes, for sure, because it's hard for linemen to you know, get the spotlight, especially when you have so many superstar skill players on the Cowboys. But for Keith's as for the list provided by Keith, I would say Demoon Clark because oh my gosh, what a camp and he was so important to this defense towards the end of last year. But he is going to be taking names this year if he stays healthy. You know, he was coming off the neck and it was really something that he was even to able to participate last year and his rookie year coming off the next surgery and everything. But I will say one player that is not on the list, but in terms of flipping the switch, and he will be our guest on the Cowboy Hour Monday night, six o'clock Central, Brad Sham and I have as the first person.
Speaker 6: Jaylen Tolbert come on.
Speaker 5: So, yeah, he just had such an outstanding camp, such an outstanding offseason. We talked about him a lot earlier in the week, but now I'm not predicting that he's going to have fifty or sixty past receptions this year because when you have Brandon Cook's and Ceedee Lamb and Jake Ferguson, I think it's going to have a great year at tight end. Tony Pollard's and ducevonn are going to be catching footballs out of the backfield. But Tolbert, I think is really going to I don't want to miss on Michael Gallup, of course, Michael Gallup, but I think Jaalen Tolbert is really going to have a chance to contribute this year, and compared to the disappointing season that he had last year as a rookie, I think he's the guy that flips the switch.
Speaker 6: Oh I love all right, Well who do you have?
Speaker 4: I have Jake Ferguson.
Speaker 3: Oh you know how much that tight end room just sings to my soul when it comes to what they are capable of doing. I've I've gotten to talk to Jake this week. He's somebody that I went to go catch up with pretty much every time every time I see hi lockerroom, I go talk to Jake.
Speaker 4: He has such a brilliant football mind.
Speaker 3: And he has a way of talking about it that's so casual, Like he casually talks about how smart he is with football, and I'm like, Jake, what, like, what are you talking about? What I love about what I love about this room is you talk about a room that just brings the energy, brings the fun. And Jake is so ready to take on that fearless leader role for that room, and he's been.
Speaker 4: He has been.
Speaker 3: I think the glimmers that you saw of him in preseason that's nothing compared.
Speaker 4: To what he's ready to do.
Speaker 6: He totally agrees the.
Speaker 4: Yack abilities that this man has.
Speaker 3: He will plow through anybody, or hurdle or hurdle, I mean, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Jake Ferguson. When he wants those yards, He's getting those yards. And that is that.
Speaker 3: I'm really excited to see what Jake can do, and I'm excited for that entire room as a whole. Peyton seems ready, you know, Scoon, from what I've talked to him, I haven't seen him this week. But from when I've talked to him, he's just so ready to go. He's so eager, and they all just mesh so well together. And of course they credit Lunda Welles so much for their growth and development. And you talk about coaches prioritizing guys, Lunda absolutely cherishes his job in the terms of he's going to take care of his guys. They have his back, he has their backs. Jake Ferguson, I'm so excited for what Fergie's going to do this year. These guys in the locker room, we have all these talks about, you know, football life, all the things, and one thing I will say is they're just so ready to take on that four horseman identity.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you mentioned Hendershot too because talking with Linda, you know, I was I'm interested to see how they're going to utilize hinder shot this year because it may be different with what McCarthy is doing Schottenheimer doing with the offense. But talking with Linda last year, he thought that hindershot, you know, more the way that Blake Jarwin was to be used. So I'm wondering if they can do that. And as for schoon Maker, don't don't don't don't measure his uh what he brings to the offense by the number of catches. It's going to be the run game. He is going to be so big and blocking, uh in the run game.
Speaker 6: So but you're right, yeah, I know about the offensive line.
Speaker 7: This is the first time we're going to get to see this offensive line all together. And I'm that's you just cause Schoon is really going to be an extension of them. I don't think people understands understand how natural of a blocker he is. His vision is so good. But he's strong. He has a big body. You know, we I know, we both all have him impressed with just how so how much size he has. But y'all just get me excited over here. I mean, it's I mean.
Speaker 4: It's it's yeah football.
Speaker 6: We kicked off this Sunday. Now we got to wait nine days.
Speaker 4: Nine days.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness. Yeah, I'm very excited. I think it's going to be something that is absolutely special to watch this team come together because you have September football, which is everyone's kind of getting their feet on the ground getting used to things, and then you have December football and that comes that comes quicker than we think, and that December football, at this pace that this team has been going at, is going to be something special. Don't forget you guys can call us with any questions you might have.
Speaker 4: At eight eight eight eight five five two two nine seven.
Speaker 3: We're still taking questions from the text line as well, if you want to text questions in ladies. We've gotten the chance, and we're so fortunate and lucky to do what we.
Speaker 4: Do every day.
Speaker 3: And part of that is we get to go in the locker room. We get to talk to these guys. A couple of guys we got to hear from this week, and I was really excited to hear from was the Dallas Cowboys' newest addition to the corner back room, Noah Aggbinoghany. And I have practiced that so much to say that. Say it again, Noahogany. We got to hear from Noah, and it's just.
Speaker 4: The way he talks. He fits right into this defense.
Speaker 3: When I don't know about you, Christy, when we were standing there talking and listening to him, he has the same mentality as the rest of the defense does. And that's not to say Calvin Joseph didn't right, I'm not comparing anything. He just seems so excited to be here. And what I loved about what he was saying was, I didn't even know two days ago I would be here, and I was praying for some kind of change in my life. I was praying for something, an opportunity, and I didn't know I was praying for this and to be here two days later. So I really really loved Noah's mindset. Christy, we were talking in the locker room after he had spoken, or I think it was right before, and you told me, I.
Speaker 4: Just learned a little fun fact.
Speaker 3: And when Christy comes at you with a little fun facts, you know it's gonna be good. You just know she's going to come with something just so great. And so what did you learn about his family ties with track?
Speaker 5: Well, Noah's from Alabama, but his parents are from Nigeria and they both competed in the Olympics for the Nigerian track team.
Speaker 6: So his dad was in the Olympics.
Speaker 5: He was a triple jumper, and he was in the nineteen ninety six Olympics in Atlanta representing Nigeria. His father's name is Festus and Noah's mother's name is Faith and she was a sprinter the four by one hundred relay team from Nigeria. I mean, how awesome is that? And so she actually competed in the Barcelona Olympics that's nineteen ninety two and then so medaled there and then won a gold medal in the Commonwealth Games.
Speaker 1: And so.
Speaker 5: Noah actually was a track star, but then decided later on, you know, to focus on football, and so he actually went to Auburn and his freshman year he was a wide receiver and after his freshman year is when he converted to cornerback and ended up being the first round draft pick for the Dolphins in twenty twenty. So this is his fourth NFL season, and of course when he entered Miami, he's only started five games and played in thirty two in his career, so not living up to the expectations of a first round draft pick for the Dolphins. But you got to remember that what Xavier Byron Jones, the former Dallas Cowboy.
Speaker 6: Was a starter there.
Speaker 5: So it's kind of like Trey Lance in terms of a first round pick who didn't meet expectations for the team by whom he's draft by which he's drafted but now has a fresh start with the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: And now Noah he's playing.
Speaker 5: You know, Stepan Gilmour and tray Von Diggs are your starters. Bland, it's going to be starting in the nicol Jordan Lewis will be backing up in the nicol Let Luise for now. So the thing is Noah plays outside, not inside, so I don't know how much playing time he's going to get, but you're right, Jesse, he was just happy to have a fresh start.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: What have you seen from Noah And is there anything you know, I don't know how much tape you've watched, but is there anything just initial reactions that have stood out to you from what you have seen of him?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she already mentioned it.
Speaker 6: Just the speed. The speed is just it's.
Speaker 7: Off the charge. It's very hard not to notice that he's stride for stride with guys very often. I like some of the things I saw from him.
Speaker 6: Impressed.
Speaker 7: I think what you what you talked about, is that he's he's coming in, he's getting a fresh start, similard to Trey Lance, and I think for a guy like him that stride for stride and maybe what you're looking for with him is for him to make plays on the ball, you know, and be looking for the ball more. He's always dead.
Speaker 5: So he's not doesn't always have his head around, Yeah, find the ball.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but it's it's also too like it makes you sometimes when I learned this in the draft, when I was watching cornerbacks, it made me appreciate how good Trayvon Diggs is because it's not It's a lot more difficult than what people think for guys to maintain speed, flip their hips and also have the wherewithal like the concentration to find the ball in the air or to look for the ball or make a play on the ball. And we're so used to seeing it here because that's what our secondary is being coached. They are well coached, and so they also coach turnovers. It is something that they emphasize. It's not a mistake, it's not a fluke that they've let the.
Speaker 6: NFL and turnovers. So for a guy like him that.
Speaker 7: Has the speed, has the natural instincts, this is an opportunity for him to get coaching from some of some of the best clearly at.
Speaker 6: Teaching that at teaching that.
Speaker 7: So I'm really looking at him to come in also to I would be remiss to not talk about it.
Speaker 6: Special teams play.
Speaker 7: He's very active on special teams. It's played a lot of snaps there. So you're also getting another guy get that can come meant a filled.
Speaker 6: A void when because kits Calvin Joseph was so cold and.
Speaker 7: The shots gone as well. Yeah, well he's on IR as well, right.
Speaker 4: And something something too that.
Speaker 3: So, speaking of ears perking up Christy when we were in the scrim with him, you asked him, you know you had kick and punt returner abilities in college, you were really good at it, and he was really good at it at Auburn from twenty seventeen to twenty nineteen, he had forty four kick returns for one thousand, one hundred and nineteen yards, two kick return touchdowns, and then in twenty nineteen his highest kick return average was thirty five point two yards.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but then, but then what did he say when I asked him about.
Speaker 3: You asked him that, and he said, you have a great guy in Cavante Turpin instantly, and it was you know, it's one of those things that is a reporter you ask because it's a great ability to ask about. But What I like about it is now you have that depth at that position, at the kick returner and punt returner position that maybe you were lacking because you know, I've been high on uh since since Noah left.
Speaker 4: Since Noah left.
Speaker 3: To the Texans, you don't have that backup guy to come on toe Turpin and then Deuspawn comes in. You do have Malik Davis on the practice squads. You have options, and then now you have another option. You have depth there if if you want to get pretty with it or if you need to have depth. Something that he did mention which I really liked is I wanted to ask him about dan Quinn because obviously you know what dan Quinn's been doing for this defense no matter what team you're on. And he said he felt like dan Quinn will let up his game more. And he explained that he played a lot of press corner in man coverage in college and that he said, that's.
Speaker 4: My feel comfortable doing. Not that I wasn't doing that before in Miami, but.
Speaker 3: That's what dan Quinn does and that's how this defense runs. So I feel like I can really come up when my number is called and do my best here. He also thinks that the aggressive, aggressive aggression on the play style is something that he is able to mold well into I'm really excited.
Speaker 6: I love that because that kind of stock.
Speaker 5: That's like you were talking about Trayvon Diggs making the plays on the ball. Well, here's the thing, Noah has the same background as Trayvon. Remember Trayvon is a converted wide receiver to dB and that's Noah has a similar career trick.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go.
Speaker 3: We're going to get into more locker room talks and we're also talking about jersey numbers. We'll keep those phone lines up in for the third segment. If anybody's wanting to call in and ask them ask some questions, you can call us at eighty eight eighty five five to two nine seven, or if you're a little shy, you can send us a text to eight one seven two nine zero three two nine eight with all of your Cowboys questions, talking jersey numbers changes, and uh.
Speaker 4: Is anyone an agent zero?
Speaker 3: This season we'll find out the Scirls Talk Voice Talk presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home. But to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who'll put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 6: That's why we.
Speaker 1: Created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Joy and Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 6: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 8: It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 4: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 8: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PEPSI. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Our lasting final segment for the More Show until we go back to our regularly scheduled programming next week. But until then enjoy premiere dinting, shopping and experiences from over thirty restaurants, shops, and more at the Star District. Make sure to stop into the district's newest editions, Cards in a Box, sports cards and collectibles, King Ranch, Saddle Shop, and even more. Visit the Star District dot com for the full directory. There's a lot of great restaurants the Star District. If you have not checked them out already, go check them out. Okay, ladies, we still have some questions rolling in here, and we'll get to them in a second. But something I did want to make sure to mention.
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 3: We didn't get into jersey number changes just yet, so I wanted to make sure to mention that. And then we have some questions to answer. So let's start with the jersey number changes. All right, Let's take a little time machine back to right before OTAs and the rules were changed in the NFL that the number zero could be worn by defensive players. And at that point, Micah Parsons had tweeted that looks so cool.
Speaker 4: That looks great.
Speaker 3: And anytime Michah tweets something one thing about it, it's gonna go viral. And it did so then jay Ron Curse tweets back too late, and that started the whole conversation of jersey number changes, to which everybody kind of assumed. You know, at that point Jaron Curse would change his number from twenty seven to zero. OTA's coming around. He's still in twenty seven, he said. Logistically, it just didn't work out. However, we get our little roster sheets yesterday from Dallas Cowboys prs were out in practice, and right at the very top of that paper says Jayron Cursed jersey number one. My eyes went what And it was funny because at the time, Brandon Abrey still learned the jersey. They haven't officially switched them yet, they still have to get them to the guys. But Brandon Aubrey was wearing one at practice and I was like, that's not Jayron Curse over their kicking those field goals.
Speaker 4: But let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: So he didn't change to Agent zero de spite the conversation. He's going from twenty seven to number one. Brandon Aubrey, who was previously wearing that one, is going to seventeen. Marquise Bell forty one to fourteen, Hunter Lipke forty three to forty. Noah Igbinoghany. He wore nine at Miami. He's now gonna wear nineteen with the Cowboys. Sean Harlowe, he wore sixty five with the Giants. He has a history of sixty four with the Falcons and Cardinals. He'll wear sixty five for the Dallas Cowboys. And then let's see, my.
Speaker 4: Notes are spazzing out a little bit.
Speaker 3: Okay, Willington, Pat do you say his last name?
Speaker 4: Christy?
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, hev Leon Prevlon Revlon. It sounds like the Duke of s sixty. Yeah, doesn't it. Isn't that a character from Dalton Abbey or something?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Willington, that sounds great, a very fancy name.
Speaker 4: Well, he wore ninety three of the Bucks. He's gonna be ninety four at the Cowboys.
Speaker 3: So just some jersey changes, jersey number changes to be weary of throughout the rest of the season.
Speaker 4: If you see guys and you're like.
Speaker 9: Who is that?
Speaker 6: But I was supprised to, you know. Jay Ron was asked, well, what happened with zero?
Speaker 5: Since you said you were going to do it and you changed one, and he said Jerry Jones asked that nobody takes zero for a couple of seasons. So that's what Jayron said. So that's your explanation of why he didn't have neither jay Ron nor Miicah nor any cowboy it has zero. So yeah, but I like it. I think that I think it's gonna look it's going to look great. But and the other thing, Kelvin Joseph leaving too, because remember we had two number ones with Kelvin Joseph and Brandon Aubrey.
Speaker 3: So well, ladies, I love this Jersey number talk. However, we have a call from Danny in Camp Pendleton. Danny, how are you thinks so much for calling in.
Speaker 9: Hell? Hey, I'm doing good. Real quick question follow up to breakout season? Okay, Pro Bowl predictions over under? And who do you think will start but won't attend because we're going to go to the Super Bowl and win it in Vegas. Love love your show, and.
Speaker 3: Ladies, Danny, thank you so much. I love that that's a positive. Thank you very sweet. All Right, you heard the man. Pro Bowl predictions. Who's having a Pro Bowl worthy season?
Speaker 4: Let's start there.
Speaker 5: If Danny's right and no one's playing in it because the Cowboys are in the Super Bowl. It means they're having an awesome regular season going into December with the final vote, so that I would say we'd probably have what at least nine or.
Speaker 6: Ten Pro Bowl players. Anyway, let's see, that's what I'm looking at for han On. I got it here, so.
Speaker 3: Zach Martin, Ceedee Lamb, Tony Pollard, Marcus Lawrence, Treyvon Diggs, Michael Parsons, and Kavanti Turpin.
Speaker 5: Then but then they added Tyler be Audition ended up being an injury replacement, so you end up you end up with more. So it's going to be great if the Cowboys uh the Super Bowl and they can't play in the Pro Bowl, because then you know, players Union will love that because there'll be a bunch more guys getting money to play in the Pro Bowl and replace Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Look, these guys keep talking about, Hey, we're going to be in Vegas, so just.
Speaker 4: Get ready for us.
Speaker 3: That during that twenty twenty three season kickoff event, Michael Parson said, we're gonna be in Vegas.
Speaker 4: So that's it's pretty funny there.
Speaker 5: I had an event with Dak Prescott on Wednesday evening and it was for sleep Number and they were recognizing a terrific community volunteer named doctor Rodriguez, and she does a lot with cancer screenings in Terren County and the like, and so one of the things that she was awarded a couple of sleep number beds, which is awesome. But then Dak handed her to tickets to the Super Bowl said, of course it's in Las Vegas, and I planned to be playing there, so you see again in Las Vegas. So it was really it was really very cute and very sweet.
Speaker 4: Oh I love that.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's continue on. We had another question that I know we wanted to address.
Speaker 4: Let's see where is it?
Speaker 3: Okay, I cannot find it now? Oh, here it is, Okay, we have from Gerald, he said, great cheer. Ladies know that the Dallas Cowboys are short linebacker. Do you think they will plan to add any depth to that position? And I know we wanted to address this before I so two things real quick.
Speaker 7: I one thing I did see had practiced the other day. Granted, like we're not sitting. I think that was the longest time that I think it was the first day is the longest time I think we've gotten to watch Marquis Bell like this the thing that they're doing with like a linebacker and a safety is a real thing, y'all.
Speaker 6: Like it's a real.
Speaker 7: Thing that dan Quinn does schematically and it works. But also I personally wouldn't mind bringing in another well, I wouldn't mind if they brought it in another veteran. However, if they don't, I think they really speaks to what they think about Devin Harper and how well he's played and just what comfort level they have in him get in these reps. So that's just where I'm at with it. But I do think if they don't, it really so a lot about what they think about David Harper and their safety room that's super deep at this point.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's the thing.
Speaker 5: Because Marquise Bell is not listed under linebacker, Michael Parsons is not listed under linebacker, you only have four people listed at linebacker. But you know, like Ayisha says, Bell is really going to be used that way. And the one thing I would mention is Malik Jefferson was re signed to the practice squad. The Cowboys did lose Jabril Cox. We had talked earlier in the week about guys that you know they're going to be released but they're going to be brought back. We talked about Sean mckun at tied end, things like that happened, So Sean mccun is back. But Jabril Cox is actually a Washington commander right now. So right now there's only one linebacker, Jefferson, on the practice squad. But I want to mention one thing about bringing in depth, and this isn't.
Speaker 6: Exclusive to the Cowboys. This is across the league.
Speaker 5: The way it works in terms of paying players, if you are a vested veteran and meaning four years plus, if you are on a roster for the opening game, your base salary is guaranteed for the entire season. That's if you're on the roster fifty three man for the first game. And the reason why you see a lot of these veterans get signed after that first game going into the second week is teams don't have to guarantee their base salary for the entire year. So I just want you to know that there's going to be movement, and I'm not predicting it with the Cowboys, but you're going to see a flood of transactions that take place after Game one. These free agents that are sitting out there that haven't been signed to a practice squad or to a fifty three man They're going to get signed to fifty three man after the first week because then the teams don't have to guarantee their salary for the entire season.
Speaker 3: Okay, point christ O man, we love Christy so so much, real quick before we go.
Speaker 4: We are pressed for time.
Speaker 3: However, I couldn't help but ask you before we head into Week one of the Dallas Cowboys regular season as they take on the New York Giants for Sunday Night football.
Speaker 4: That felt so good.
Speaker 3: To say, who are you most excited to see you take the field? And aside from the guys we talked about, doesn't have to be a young guy, doesn't no no bounds here, I'm leaving this up to you.
Speaker 4: Who are you excited? Just first player that's coming to mind?
Speaker 6: Asia also digazoo.
Speaker 4: How did I know you were going to say? Osa?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I had a feeling that's a man.
Speaker 6: This is what?
Speaker 7: What year is this for him?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 6: Or four?
Speaker 4: Is it four? I'm destroyed Taylor Swifts on the TV.
Speaker 7: But it's it's it's about that time for Osa and you just three three three? This is when it normally for a lot of dts man in it. He's got. He's also too, gonna get so many, so many more one on one opportunities. But yeah, he's that's my that's my gay.
Speaker 3: And I was gonna tell you too, because you've mentioned kind of this scheme and how how difficult it is for guys to pick up.
Speaker 4: I don't know. From what I've seen from Osa in the locker room, it looks like his shoulders are down. Oh, he's more common. He's walking in the confidence now.
Speaker 7: You can see that a lot more, lots stronger, and just his control, his body control looks like it's next level right now.
Speaker 5: So we'll see how tickets a lout, all right, Christy Brandon cooks. On offense, I mean we haven't seen him in a game. He's so fast but so smooth. Gosh, his routes are awesome. And on defense, I mean, Michael Parsons, I'm sorry that it's so obvious, but he blew up every single play of training. Can Yeah, it's almost like he is just going to be Oh my gosh, he stays healthy this year.
Speaker 6: It's it's going to be off the chain, it really is.
Speaker 3: I am going with Michael Gallup. I'm so excited for MG. I finally got to talk to him yesterday and I wanted to mention this before we ended the show. He told me, he said, I just can't stop smiling, and people keep asking me why I'm smiling, and it's because it's almost go time and I can come in here and I can just do what I love and play football.
Speaker 4: And that's a.
Speaker 3: Reoccurring theme that you've heard from a lot of guys, is they're not worried about anything other than playing now. And Michael, you know MG, he admittedly struggled with his confidence last season and after that after his return in Week four against the Commanders last year, he had he had that touchdown and then he said it just wasn't clicking for him, and he contributes that to Dak Prescott not being in, not being able to form that chemistry right away.
Speaker 4: Cooper Rush was in.
Speaker 3: At that point, but he said this year, all he wants to do is just come in the game, do what he loves best. And he's a thousand leaps forward from where he was this time last year. Wasn't cleared to play this time last year. It's a great choice and so he said my favorite quote, and then I'll end with this. He said, one of the biggest themes that he wants to do this year, he will define success by his leadership with the young guys. And he said that, you know, obviously I want to play full season, but for me this year, it's focusing on the younger guys and being there for them and being that leader.
Speaker 6: I'm not great.
Speaker 5: He is a selfless guy. That's that's really good. But you know what, none of us said, Deuce Vaughan. There are a third of our audience right now going Deuce that we didn't say, Deuce.
Speaker 4: That was obvious. Though.
Speaker 7: The good thing is is that we gotta think that, we gotta think of so many different guys.
Speaker 4: That's how good problem.
Speaker 3: Absolutely all right, ladies, Well, we are pressed for time, but like I said, we'll be back next week starting at four o'clock on Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Make sure to tune in.
Speaker 3: That's our regular time throughout the season again and we are so excited to talk regular.
Speaker 4: Season football with you.
Speaker 3: Until then, enjoy your weekend, have a great day for jessin Mars, Christie Scales, Nation Morrison. It's been Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by jig Soulth the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: See you next week.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.