Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot.
Speaker 2: Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This is mick Shots streaming live on dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys At now here are Bill Jones, Savannah, Hugh Mooler, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 4: And it is ramsweek here on mix Shots inside the SWBC podcast studio, Bill Jones, Everson Walls, Savannah Humoler and the star of the show, Mickey Spagnola. Yes, and out on the practice field, I see football players Everson and Savannah without pads on today, but they have helmets. They do have helmets, so that is a form of a pad.
Speaker 3: Yes, it consists of pads.
Speaker 5: Which is more than they've done since the Saturday before Chargers.
Speaker 4: So basically, when you have a bye week now you have to have a ramp up period to get ready to practice.
Speaker 5: Right, No, there's no ramp up practice. They had yesterday off.
Speaker 4: I know, Well, so now we're ramping up today. We got to ramp up this.
Speaker 3: This is on Wednesday. What was this on Monday? Is that Monday?
Speaker 6: No, this is.
Speaker 4: Wednesday, Pice Thursday.
Speaker 6: Trying to be overly dramatic.
Speaker 4: Thursday is the heavy workday.
Speaker 7: Okay, guys. So before we get started on everything today, I come bearing some gifts. Oh so this morning, this morning I met Bob Lily. He was as on the plaza, uh, just doing some stuff for an event that they have coming in February. And they handed me these really awesome custom made carts. And so we have a Randy White, Bob Lily, Roger Strawbach, and Joe Green Green. So I'm going to give you your picks. Which one do we want? You each get what?
Speaker 6: Ever? Walls one?
Speaker 3: Give me the only black guy there, take the Manster, the Manster.
Speaker 4: There you go, and what's.
Speaker 7: Left we have Bob Williams.
Speaker 3: Roger. I'll take that, nice leftover, nice leftovers.
Speaker 4: When did you what you take?
Speaker 6: Roger?
Speaker 4: Course, Well that's and that's good because you had an interfacing with Bob that would go, which I did. It's been half a century ago ever since, you'll appreciate this, since I grew up here in Dallas. But my dad and I were at there was some event going on at Market Hall whatever, yes, okay, and yeah, and Bob Lily was there, and so he was he was appearing at something and my dad and I I was ten years old probably at the time, and we walked by him and uh that. Dad said, let's stop. And I wasn't into autographs at all, and I don't I don't think I got his autograph, but we did have an interfacing with mister cowboy Bob Lily. And so here we are a half century later and Savannah one of the greatest cowboys of all time.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you just stumbled up on them. Wow.
Speaker 4: And so it's fitting that you you get his trading card.
Speaker 7: Yeah, no, very very cool. The I guess these are custom made the artist. He signed these. So thought I thought you guys would enjoy one.
Speaker 6: Thank you artist, cool artist.
Speaker 3: Give me a pound on that. There you go, thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Welcome.
Speaker 3: She really did start salivating, like, Okay, I hope she's given out.
Speaker 4: You want to give pub to the artist. Not really a trading card, I said it a trading card, but it's a It's Scott Terrell, the founder and CEO of You University. All Star started as an artist and designer and now disrupts multi billion dollar industries. OK So, there you go.
Speaker 8: We have a rebel.
Speaker 3: He's a rebel.
Speaker 4: It's very good, really nice. I know that's the first time anyone's come bearing gifts.
Speaker 3: Well, well, a lot of people in my family went to U n T. And so.
Speaker 7: He's our guy.
Speaker 4: He was not going to be the first one selected unless reason for it being a Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 3: Hey, this is truly compromising. It's truly compromising. That's how much I love me, Joe Green. This is truly compromised because I hate the Stealers. Let's just be real about that. I hate the Steelers.
Speaker 4: Okay, So here we are back in the flow again. Mickey, you you seem to be very studious over something that you're prepared.
Speaker 3: He's missing all all your throws. Man.
Speaker 4: Savannah brings miss yeps for us today. And now what's Mickey going.
Speaker 6: To offer today?
Speaker 5: Rangers have to play the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 4: There you go, right now, you get to play the Diamondbacks.
Speaker 6: Play up absolutely what we both.
Speaker 3: Like reeling at one point, I mean both teams.
Speaker 4: Two years ago they were to set me up perfectly. The Arizona Diamondbacks two years ago one fifty two games and lost one hundred and ten games.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 4: The Rangers two years ago won sixty two games and lost one hundred games or they were sixty and one oh two. So we have two teams that Edward had one hundred lost seasons. Two years ago they were playing for the Baseball World Championship. Can that happen in the NFL? Could they? Let's put it this way, because the Carolina Panthers are playing the Houston Texans this week with Bryce Young versus c J. Stroud. That put it in perspective that would be like the Carolina Panthers in Houston Texans next year playing in the Super Bowl. Is that possible?
Speaker 3: I'm sure you could pick a team in the past that had a little bit more promise two years prior to them doing well. I don't know about going to the Super Bowl, but they have many instances of teams that They's.
Speaker 4: A roller coaster nature of the NFL.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you have no doubt about it.
Speaker 5: How about three years ago with the Cowboys one in fifteen.
Speaker 4: Okay, not three years ago from now, but three years ago from.
Speaker 5: Yeah, removed in fifteen and then four fear going to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 3: Right, yeah, if you, if you, if we were to be accurate and go with the two years then they were they were played against.
Speaker 6: Detroit right in the player and.
Speaker 3: Lost to Detroit. Yeah, which is still a nice turnaround from one. It's not. It's not Super Bowl, but that's a nice turn.
Speaker 4: Two years ago. Two years ago would have been the game against Atlanta nineteen ninety right, Yeah, I guess Atlanta, babe started.
Speaker 3: Eighty nine fifteen till seven and nine to seven and one more.
Speaker 5: Or somebody lost one more, they would have gone to the playoffs at seven and nine.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, no, that's not a turnaround, no, But I think the true turnaround is is them being in the the Silver don't having the chance to go on go further. That's about as close as you're gonna get, based on you and.
Speaker 6: Then get that wiped out.
Speaker 5: Yeah by Eric Kramer.
Speaker 4: So I'm going to be out next week, the whole four days next week, So just let you know.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to be out one day next week.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, look at each other, like.
Speaker 3: What do you want to run this week? This bro? I got this conversations.
Speaker 4: I'm out on Monday World Series games one and two or Friday and Saturday here and then at Arizona next Monday Tuesday, and if the Rangers need a fifth game to to beat the Diamondbacks of Game five and on Wednesday, here you go.
Speaker 6: What network has the World Series?
Speaker 4: Fox?
Speaker 3: Fox?
Speaker 6: So you're going to go all the way out there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and nobody's going to see any of our work because the game is on Fox, right.
Speaker 5: And he's got to wait twenty minutes before he can show any highlights.
Speaker 3: Yeah. When are you win?
Speaker 6: You out Monday?
Speaker 3: Monday? Okay, so I'll come prepared Monday.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 7: We'll carry it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we'll carry the shout.
Speaker 7: We're good to go.
Speaker 6: I like it. We might have to go. We might have to call Nate and Frisco.
Speaker 3: Now, but they will probably stop in anyway. Yeah, he likes stopping in when you guys.
Speaker 4: Are going, he sees an open seat in there.
Speaker 7: You're welcome to you are welcome.
Speaker 4: Then Frisk says he didn't want to be on.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's good.
Speaker 4: Uh so catch us get us up to speed here on Mike McCarthy had a press conference this morning.
Speaker 6: I didn't hear it.
Speaker 4: Oh, okay, don't get us up to spin on that.
Speaker 7: Well, all I know is that he did say that they will be full for practice today. Everybody will do something on the field. So although they are not in paths as we talked about, so but they're still all out there full participation.
Speaker 5: Well, they didn't really have any injuries coming out of that Chargers game, right, and they had already put what three guys on injured reserve, so they don't count. They've got to miss three more games.
Speaker 3: Monkey's bail was probably fatigue as hell after the game.
Speaker 6: I guess Jani Thomas would have been the only.
Speaker 7: A couple of people brought up.
Speaker 5: And they he thought he would be able to practice, yes, full today. There you go, no injury excuses going forward.
Speaker 4: And yeah, because and to bring everybody up to speed on what happened prior to the last game. Vander esh and C. J. Goodwin replaced on I R. When we talked about the practice squad moves that were made this.
Speaker 6: Week, Hender shot too right, the Peyton.
Speaker 4: Hendershot too and and that was the other thing you talked about, Eric, And I've got to get the pronunciation correct on s A U B E R. Salbert Salbert. I don't know, could it be Salbert?
Speaker 3: Look it up.
Speaker 6: From Drake then it's salt.
Speaker 4: If he's from Iowa, Yeah, could be Sobert. Anyway, he has some playing experience in this league actually, and so it's obvious the issues that the Cowboys have on the offensive line as far as depth and trying to make sure that to try to fortify that position as much as possible through a practice squad and so forth. But it's interesting on the signing of a tight end because in Hindershot's injury going on injured reserve, because they they were counting on having the four tight ends throughout the season, just had McEwan on the practice squad to start the season and now he's on the fifty three obviously, And so with Sbard, I'm going to go with Saburd. He started six games last year for Denver, played in seventeen games, six starts, fifteen receptions, one hundred and forty eight yards, twenty four targets, and a former fifth round draft pick of the Falcons in twenty seventeen, So dan Quinn would have been familiar with him from Atlanta.
Speaker 5: And they they would need since they signed McEwen to the fifty three, they needed another backup tight end in case one of the top.
Speaker 6: Three, the fourth died end they can elevate somebody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So I don't know, that's I just think that's that's interesting, and it's it's telling I think on hindershots injury probably too.
Speaker 3: Why can't they just go with the they don't want to just go with the fullback and have him learn some of the places.
Speaker 4: Well, there's been part of that going on, you know, just the way they're using Hunter Lipke, so he can definitely do some of those things.
Speaker 3: And I could see him getting out there in space, you know, past passing the ball with some of those tight.
Speaker 4: End athletic guy Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: No, I was just chicking to see who they could potentially elevate off the practice squad on game day. And the only two that I see they've done so far that are still eligible because Jefferson used his third right, right, they elevated Malik Davis last.
Speaker 4: Week and Tyras Sweet and then no, he's on Oh that's right, they signed him to it. He's on the practice I mean, on the fifty three. So the only other guy there that they that's tried it was the two Maliks who came up from the practice squad and Tyras Wheat to the fifty three.
Speaker 5: See, and the only other tight end they had on the practice squad was Princeton fan, and he doesn't really have played any.
Speaker 6: So yeah, right, the elevation rookie.
Speaker 5: If they have to elevate two guys, it'll be interesting if they do too, because they did Elik Davis because they were worried about oh that was the special teams, right, because they didn't want Douce well, Duce Vaughan wouldn't like coverage specialty, so they did that.
Speaker 4: Induce was inactive.
Speaker 6: Right, and now that Tyrus Weeds on the fifty three, Yeah, I'll be interested to see who they might all.
Speaker 4: They well, and then what are they what are they doing with Malik Jefferson?
Speaker 6: Yeah, would they put up he's out of elevation.
Speaker 4: Out of elevation. So if Malik Jefferson is going to play this week, he's going to have to be signed to the fifty three.
Speaker 6: Or Sean but Evans ready to go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, Rashawn Evans, Yeah, I gotta see.
Speaker 5: This guy's been here a couple of weeks now, and he said he was ready to get off the couch and play the Chargers three days.
Speaker 6: Said that, then, yeah, it'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: Most linebackers talk like that.
Speaker 6: Well, nobody says there, most of them.
Speaker 3: Most linebackers already. I mean that's just linebackers. Yeah, that's what they do.
Speaker 5: But the key thing would be is he capable of helping out on special tests, because that's why Jefferson was continued to be elevated.
Speaker 4: All right, we're just getting started on this edition of mix Shot. It's going to turn our attention to the Los Angeles Rams and much more. Will we continue in just a moment.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: As they snapped the press guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped slapped, he'll look full a pers down.
Speaker 3: Just like football.
Speaker 8: When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 9: You know that sound anywhere? It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for at a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana, because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of school Pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 2: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can Crack's a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by.
Speaker 2: Monday morning swag.
Speaker 12: Brisky than the Smoker and the two America's team playing America's Greatest school. Miller Like the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste Like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three, Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, shuts.
Speaker 7: Kpe, post Rufine and Waterproofinge the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Okay, when you hear that the Los Angeles Rams are coming to town to play a noon game on Sunday at at and T Stadium, what's your first thought, Sean McVay, Sean McVay, Aaron Donald, Aaron Donald, I'll follow up with Matthew Stafford. Now make I was gonna say, Matthew speaks you to the punch.
Speaker 6: DeMarcus Ware going into the Ring of Honor.
Speaker 7: That's great?
Speaker 4: Yeah, When is that Sunday?
Speaker 3: Sunday? Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Wow? One what Jimmy thinks?
Speaker 5: They just fishly announced announced it, although it's been in the works for a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's when you said that. I said, did we already know he was going in the Ring of Honor? He has not been actually inducted into the Ring of Honor? Correct, he went in and they've just worked the schedule out of thing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that's what I thought of, even though it didn't have nothing to do with the Rams.
Speaker 4: If I would have asked the question yesterday before that news.
Speaker 5: Came out, I would have told you, DeMarcus where because I already knew it.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, you know he on the store.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going, he's stubbing, he's stubbing.
Speaker 4: Uh huh No, Actually it was planned.
Speaker 5: And when we did our Cowboys today, uh that Arizon CBS eleven, and we had to do it ahead of time because no one is going to be working Monday.
Speaker 6: We did that for Tuesday.
Speaker 4: Okay, So kat was out of the bag. So when you think of the Rams, though, how formidable is the opponent? Let's put it that way.
Speaker 3: Well, go ahead, specs.
Speaker 6: What I was going to say, if I didn't try to be a smart alley, if.
Speaker 4: You didn't resort resort, resort, back natural instincts.
Speaker 5: I was going to say something about this Nkua Nkula guy, yep.
Speaker 4: Pooka Nakula leads the league reception fifty receptions.
Speaker 3: Yes, I didn't even know who he was yesterday.
Speaker 4: For the first month of the season, everyone was scratching their head. Who is this Pooka Nakua?
Speaker 3: Was he drafted? Yes?
Speaker 6: First round? Right?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: He should he should have been.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as it turns out, yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, not only has he got fifty eight receptions to lead the league, he's third in yards seven fifty two and he's got two touchdowns right now.
Speaker 7: He was a fifth round pick.
Speaker 4: The one seventy seven overall out of BYU.
Speaker 3: And you know, you look at him in his uniform. He looks a little small, but he is not.
Speaker 4: Is he?
Speaker 3: If? I think he's over I think he looks like he's about six feet tall. I think they talked about him being a bigger wide receiver than he looks like. He and Cooper Cup they kind of deceptive in how strong they are, how first of all, how well they run their routes. And when you're on the same page with Matthew Stafford, that's going to be a problem to me.
Speaker 6: To me, you better get pressure on Stafford, and to me, you don't.
Speaker 3: Let receivers like he and Ceedee Lamb get off the line of scrimmage without some type of contact. You know, you got to touch him up in some kind of way, knock them off their timing. Because Matthew Stafford is looking he's eyeballing them as they come off the line of scrimmage. I mean sometimes he doesn't even look off. Uh look the dB off you we know who he's coming to the moment he sets his eyes on him out to the ball to snap.
Speaker 4: Would you like the pro day measurables for Puta Nakua? Yes, six one and five eighths.
Speaker 3: Did not think he was that tough.
Speaker 4: Okay, two hundred ten pounds ran a. This is at his pro day. He ran a four five seven with a one sixty two ten yard split, fifteen bench reps, thirty three vertical, ten to one broad jump, four three six twenty yard shuttle, and a seven three two three cone drill, which tells you he's a fifth round draft pick.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I say, that's not impressed nothing. Yeah yeah. So now just let you know how that crap doesn't mean anything. It really doesn't.
Speaker 4: Did not work out at the combine, had a toe injury. And now look at him, and he started his college career at the University of Washington, transferred to BYU.
Speaker 5: By the way, he's also thirty yards from scrimmage m He's had two carries.
Speaker 6: For forty yards.
Speaker 3: Oh that that put him up there.
Speaker 4: I think his.
Speaker 6: Yachhards spoke for themselves, right, receiving.
Speaker 3: I love to see guys like that, you know, buck the trends of course you know same here, but just lets you know some of that stuff. Man, the workouts here and all of that. Put the man on the field. Let's see what he can do.
Speaker 4: And at BYU he transferred to BYU in twenty twenty one, became a team captain. In two years, he had ninety one catches for fourteen hundred and thirty yards and eleven touchdowns. So it was productive at NYU.
Speaker 3: But they always looking for something else. Yeah, it's always something well, yeah, and let's let's find a way that to dismiss him.
Speaker 4: His vertical is only thirty three and he and yeah, and we know so.
Speaker 3: Much, you know, we we have such knowledge. We're judging you and we don't know what the hell we're talking about.
Speaker 6: How many years was he.
Speaker 3: At b YU.
Speaker 4: He had one year of eligibility left, but he was two years at b YU. He came out early and see, of course everybody had another year because of covid.
Speaker 3: R and so well he was with confidence. He came out with confidence and.
Speaker 4: And the other thing that benefited him, as it turns out, coming into the league was Cooper Cup's injury, and so the Rams needed to throw the ball to somebody, and there he was, and he took advantage of that opportunity.
Speaker 3: I wonder if Stafford knew what he had right away, because I know that at the beginning of the off season they were talking about him having problems relating to the young wide receivers and personnel on the team, and so here I think Matthew Stafford found a friend without Coopa Cup being out there, not.
Speaker 4: Knowing anything specifically about it. But I bet you Puka Nakua showed up regularly and got with Stafford in the off season and they got on the same page and he built confidence in that way. So yeah, and it's benefiting them. So when I when the schedule came out and Rams is on the schedule, okay, last Sunday in October, I said, well, that's a w because you look at the you look at the Rams roster, and you go they were so salary cap strapped. Okay, they were all in to win a Super Bowl two years ago, and then they basically had to strip it all down exactly. And so I mean, it's just it's amazing what they've done to put a competitive team together without any money. And but now week after week, I'm sitting there going, Wow, the Rams are a lot better than I thought they were going to be.
Speaker 3: And that's comes three and four right now.
Speaker 4: But there there, this is you know, I used the term formidable opponent every opponent in this league, as the Cowboys found out when they went to Arizona. I had the same feelings about Arizona coming into the regular season. We saw that in that game.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we all. Yeah, So I just like, I like what they had to deal with when you when you know that you you're dealing with limited resources. One thing that McVeigh wanted to do. Of course, you got Matthew Stafford, but also you got to have that offensive line show it up. And they seem to be doing a decent job, you know, compared to everyone else in the league. Matter of fact, it's had that because of the offensive line, Matthew has been able to have a pretty good season.
Speaker 4: And by the way, I looked up Cooper cups measurables at the combine and very similar to Puka Takua he is he is six two two four. He doesn't strike me as being six two when he's playing, uh four six two forty okay, so right, I mean and Nikou was four or five seven? And now what does stand out is a six seven five cone drill, which is that short area of quickness right there, a four oh eight shuttle and he plays like that on the field. But well, that's the vertical thirty one vertical, which is not doesn't.
Speaker 3: His The shiftedness is their strength, right, and their latter movement is their strength. It's not necessarily be one down the field exactly. Yeah, So why do we keep why do we keep worrying about who runs the fastest? Right? I don't know why that's even a measurement? Uh huh?
Speaker 6: How come they lost to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 4: How come they lost to Pittsburgh?
Speaker 3: That's a good question. Twenty four seventeen and came from behind, Pittsburgh came from they did, Yeah they did. Now.
Speaker 6: Now Pittsburgh's four and two, so.
Speaker 3: Which is amazing, right, which is dumbfounded? With their quarterbacks, I mean, Mike Townland, the coach of the year. I'm sorry with that team, no one expected that.
Speaker 4: Look at the Rams this season they started and that surprised everyone right off the bat. They went to Seattle and won thirty to thirteen, first game without Cooper Cup, and what Nikoua.
Speaker 3: Do that game?
Speaker 4: He was ten catches, one hundred and nineteen yards with fifteen targets. And then against San Francisco they lost by a touchdown to San Francisco. In week two, thirty to twenty three, Nikua had twenty targets, fifteen receptions, one hundred and forty seven yards against San Francisco.
Speaker 6: It was Cup still missing.
Speaker 4: This Cup was still missing.
Speaker 3: Well you see what they're doing. I mean, the average per catch isn't that much. Using them to just move it, you know. Yeah, that's yeah, that's a run game.
Speaker 4: And then they lost the Eagles, right, well, they lost to Cincinnati nineteen sixteen. It's close game and they won in overtime at Indianapolis twenty nine to twenty three, lost to the Eagles twenty three fourteen, beat Arizona twenty six to nine, and then lost to Pittsburgh last week.
Speaker 3: So there you go.
Speaker 6: Beware of the Rams.
Speaker 4: And Stafford is throwing for over three hundred yards in about half of the games. He doesn't have a lot of touchdown passes though, and Stafford has always been a guy. I mean, he's so competitive. Don't underestimate what he can do as far as his toughness, even running a little bit. That's what Cowboys have seen. The infamous quarterback sneak at the end of one game in Detroit a few years back, and local guy coming back might be his last time to play here.
Speaker 3: So he's like a coach on the field. I mean that's what you want. He and the coach have a great relationship. They seem to be in sapatico at all times doing the game. Well.
Speaker 5: The reason why his quarterback rating is so low eighty two point three, twenty second in the NFL, he's got seven touchdowns and six interceptions.
Speaker 6: That'll kill your quarter and that's.
Speaker 3: Always been his achilles.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's always been a guy that will take you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not like he didn't see something. It's like, I think I can make it anyway, I can put it in there. That's him.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because his yard's passing rank fourth, so completion completion percentage is only thirty percent.
Speaker 3: Let's let's call him a gunslinger.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's and he's coming home.
Speaker 4: Anybody at Matthew Stafford reminds you of coming out of high school and watching him in high school. I'm sitting there going, I feel like I'm watching John nol What.
Speaker 3: You know that way?
Speaker 4: No, I mean he's got decent size.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but John six four, Yeah, that's why I was.
Speaker 6: I bet Stafford's close to that.
Speaker 4: I'll look him up.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's those wam's uniforms make him look so small. I thought Cooper Cup was. I thought Cooper Cup was barely six feet pookah. I wasn't giving him barely give them six feet.
Speaker 4: Him at five nine, Stafford sixty three six. See how many Pro Bowls has he been to? Two one one Pro Bowl for Matthew Stafford in his career. So my John Elway comparison didn't really work well physically.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I'm gonna have to check with Walls on my height. He might get beat up five ten.
Speaker 4: No, he's underestimated.
Speaker 6: Just say, I don't ye five to five. He just doesn't estimate very well.
Speaker 4: All right, we continue with more mix shots in just a moment.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 2: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite.
Speaker 12: What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes.
Speaker 2: Followed by Monday Morning Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker.
Speaker 12: Miller Lite and the Creek, America's team playing America's greatest school. Miller Lite the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time, Celebrate Responsibly. Twenty twenty three Miller Brown Company for Worth ten.
Speaker 8: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: And they snapped the fresh guy who looks right, it's not there. He escaped, flapped. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 8: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust with blockchain dot Com. I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 10: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 8: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, They've got you covered.
Speaker 3: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 8: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 2: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 11: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 9: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 3: That's what I like.
Speaker 6: To shots.
Speaker 7: The Salvation Army's twenty seventh annual Red Kettle Kickoff returns to AT and T Stadium this Thanksgiving. Get excited to watch the one and only Dolly parton rock the stage during the halftime when your Dallas Cowboys go head to head with the Washington Commanders. Tune in at three point thirty pm on CBS Very good.
Speaker 5: So the Crawler there on NFL Network said they worked out Mason Crosby too.
Speaker 4: By the way, they would be the Rams, bro. You have to speed with what we were talking about. We were talking about it. We got to stay with the break. Yes, yeah, people stay with us during break. Lucas Crosby haversick I was signed off the Cleveland Browns practice squad to replace Brett Maher who was released, and the Rams now working out kickers and hooting Mason Crosby, the former Green Bay Packer.
Speaker 6: So they'll have a kickoff.
Speaker 3: Not that we care, but what the hell happened to Maha? Going back? My boy man? That was my boy man.
Speaker 4: It was like Chuck knoblock disease. Yeah, he just can't throw from second, remember.
Speaker 3: That, dude.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about it, because it wasn't a flash in the pan with the Cowboys because the year before he kicked well for the Saints when they had him. That's why Peyton brought him to Denver, and I think he brought him there twice once for a workout and then once for a competition and kept him and then let him go. I was told he was still scattering the kicks, so you.
Speaker 3: Could see that he's definitely having the problem.
Speaker 6: Yeah, too bad.
Speaker 4: So it remains to be seen who's going to be kicking for the Rams on Sunday at at and T Stadium At this thought, is we we were talking about Matthew Stafford? Of course, the trade was made a couple of years ago with the Lions, where Jared Goff goes to Detroit, Matthew Stafford goes to the Rams. So now as we sit here who it was obvious a year or so ago who won that trade? How do you feel about that trade?
Speaker 6: Now Goff has found himself.
Speaker 4: That's a trade that benefited both teams.
Speaker 7: He's great the Lions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he fits there well. The coach made him fit. The coach challenged him. The coach, you know, we looked at at golf as a certain type of player. We didn't think he had a lot of heart. We didn't think that he he could sustain, you know, winning, you know, and be at that type of leader. The coach has made him a leader. Coach Campbell has made him into he's gotten out of him all that he can get out of him. That's pretty impressive how a coach can make a difference in the player's career.
Speaker 4: But I think Sean McVay did too. I mean he took the Rams to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but.
Speaker 4: That quarterback of the team.
Speaker 3: But you aloud knew Matthew Stafford could do that. Once Matthew went to the Rams, everyone knew that that was that was good for the everyone. Yeah, no one questioned that. We questioned the golf.
Speaker 4: You felt good for Stafford that now he's going to a team that has a chance to go all the way. And he followed through. But in the case of golf, it was it was interesting because it's almost like your first impression. For me anyway, first impressions stick with you. And he wasn't that good and and had a bad seasons rookie year, even though they went to the super Bowl. And then and then he follows that the super Bowl performance. Yeah right, and then you remember that, Okay, that was a winnable super Bowl for the Rams. The Patriots went Yeah, and uh, you're a guy, Bill Belichick.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, that's what he does to quarterbacks. That aren't ready. Yeah, quarterbacks that aren't ready.
Speaker 5: How those losses in playoff games stick with you no matter of what you did during the entire season.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Dak prest were in your career, Yeah, Dak Prescott and yeah Tony Robo.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no one remembers that.
Speaker 5: You know, Dak put up what thirty thirty points twenty eight points layoff loss? Yeah, took him from behind to tie the game. And then the defense allows Aaron Rodgers to drive close enough for.
Speaker 3: The worst moment fifty one of the worst moments in this regime's history for me. God, that just I knew it was coming too. I think that's why it hurt me so bad. He had done it three times that that season. You know, okay, we went. We weren't ready for that. No one watched the film, No one saw Monday Night football against the Packers. The Packers, but god who they play against? He did a heil Mary. I think the Lions. I think it was the Lions, hell Mary. More than one bad season. So now that was very disappointed. But golf ended up going to the Troy before coach Campbell.
Speaker 4: Correct, it was last year or year before last A couple of years yeah, he was.
Speaker 3: He was there. Coach Campbell was.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he started developing the team. This is when I think hard knocks they did, they did.
Speaker 3: You look right. You didn't think golf could fit in Detroit when I first heard he went to Detroit and think that golf is not Detroit guy.
Speaker 4: Yea. He was going to be a bridge to whoever they're going to do.
Speaker 3: That's what I figured. He's not. He's not tough enough for Detroit.
Speaker 6: It'd be like going to Chicago.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then here you go. Coach Campbell puts together, team, puts together good coaching staff, and there you go. Golf is different. Okay.
Speaker 4: I asked you how many Pro Bowls Matthew Stafford's been to one?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he's golf been to none.
Speaker 6: Three.
Speaker 3: It also tells you remember, yeah, one these days Pro Bowl these days, Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: One with the Rams, yeah, two with the Rams twenty seventeen and eighteen, and then last year with Detroit.
Speaker 3: So there you go. When you go back to last year, he's one of the more prolific quarterbacks in the league.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what's on your mind with the Cowboys and what they as they get back to work.
Speaker 3: This week.
Speaker 4: What needs to be the focus going back, getting back to work and facing a stretch of games here through the month of November.
Speaker 6: Where they need to really because they're playing at home.
Speaker 4: Right, five out of the next seven are at home, and they've.
Speaker 6: Got a ten game winning streak at home, so that's number one. Number two.
Speaker 5: McCarthy said that on Monday that one of the priorities is cutting down on the penalties, man, especially.
Speaker 6: The pre snaps.
Speaker 5: Especially what is going on is pre snap on defense too, by the way, I mean, that's.
Speaker 3: A killer, and it seems to be pretty simple up bright right. It seems like we can remedy that, yeah, right, I mean helmet yeah, yeah, but really you can tell that the referees are kind of cracking down on that because this is everyone's doing it. Everyone's having a problem with it.
Speaker 4: Everyone's trying to get an edge.
Speaker 3: But the referees are they I think they're they're now saying we're meeting.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're now seeing what we've been seeing on TV for years. That guy looks like he's lying off side.
Speaker 5: The stuff that Brolichick sneaks in, right, Yeah, maybe they're off sides because the guys on the offensive line are so far off, and.
Speaker 3: That's another thing that they need to look at. But they're not putting they're not putting any emphasis on on that none.
Speaker 6: Whatso, Yeah, it's amazing three as.
Speaker 3: A moving before the snap, you can see it a lot.
Speaker 5: Well, they're trying to promote offense. And speaking of offense, that's what I'm interested in over this next stretch of games.
Speaker 6: If this offense is.
Speaker 5: Take is taking the next step because they have not been consistent.
Speaker 6: Think about it.
Speaker 5: In the two losses, they've averaged thirteen points in each, gave up twenty six are scored what sixteen against Arizona, ten against San Francisco.
Speaker 7: Mine's probably adding on to that is the offensive line, since they've only been together the starter is just a handful of times. Keeping that consistency. As we approach the halfway mark through the season, you've got to make sure they're still consistent.
Speaker 3: But not that impressive right now as far as the running game is concerned.
Speaker 5: Or a pass protection, so that kind of you know, coordinates with what I said about the offense. You know, if your offensive line is not playing well, then you got a problem. And running the ball has been a problem and protecting the quarterback and throwing the ball has been a problem.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: I know, as we've talked about before, there been extenuating circumstances. You get a big lead, you pull back. It's raining in New York. You played teams that had no chance of catching.
Speaker 6: Up with you.
Speaker 3: But still, as you this what you call the eyeball tests, right, forget those games, just the ones that we lost where we could see clearly that we are not up to snuff in regards and think about it.
Speaker 5: And it's not a matter of missing field goals because the guy has made every one of them, you know, sixteen So that was an extra point.
Speaker 3: Okay, So.
Speaker 6: He's got I think it's got over sixty points scored.
Speaker 3: So far, if I have time to.
Speaker 4: He has been the unsung star of the first six games of the season. Wouldn't you say, Mickey.
Speaker 5: Sixty points he's accounted for. I mean, sorry, wait, but by the way, and that's why I screwed up.
Speaker 4: So they've got Aubrey's right next to Brow.
Speaker 6: Aubrey Meyer had sixty three points.
Speaker 5: Only seventeen of twenty three, though, and what's our guy sixteen of sixteen to make that too short of tying the NFL record.
Speaker 4: And we know who has that record. We learned it at the end of the show yesterday, the crazy.
Speaker 3: I don't remember his name.
Speaker 6: Could you ever forget?
Speaker 3: This seems so odd? I mean I was waiting for like Mike Diaz, Mike Davis, Bill Joe. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Would you like the correct pronunciation of Eric s a U b e r t. According to the Denver Broncos pronunciation guide for him saw Bert, that sounds Eric suburt Bert. It's I bet it's I bet it's Sabbert. But they've got the emphasis on the.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 4: So wait until Brad Sham is getting to the bottom of it. And so I'm going to wait until I hear the broadcast if Eric Sobert or gets into the game, and what.
Speaker 5: Time you know on the on the depth chart they have pronunciation guide, yes, but it doesn't include the guys.
Speaker 4: On the practice fraud. And so that's why I had to look up the Broncos depth chart from last year and saw Bert is how they've got.
Speaker 3: It so well.
Speaker 6: You may need to know it on Sunday, we may that's right.
Speaker 5: If they need another tight end active can he play special teams?
Speaker 4: We're gonna find out aren't we Okay, We've got much more to get to the rest of the week here, we just got warmed up today.
Speaker 3: I was going to say I didn't find out much about the rams today. I mean I just didn't.
Speaker 6: I talked a lot about came here.
Speaker 3: I really wanted to find out more about the whales.
Speaker 4: But when we talked about you know, ever Sin, the idea is for you to go do some home.
Speaker 3: I must not know what my job description is. You guys forgot ever since, ever.
Speaker 4: Since, look at look at everything, Look what ever has in front of him. That's his job is to provide wisdom for the show. Our job is to do the whole.
Speaker 3: I just smoothed it. I just smoothed it. After you, guys, I just smoothed it. This is what.
Speaker 4: We speak to the audience of one, which is right.
Speaker 6: At least we know we always got one.
Speaker 4: We got one, one viewer one lists ever since soundsld all right. We will see you again tomorrow for another edition of Off the Walls.
Speaker 3: Shot Go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.