Speaker 1: This video is brought to you by DraftKings Sports Book. The NBA season is in full swing and you can get into the action at DraftKings. Check out DraftKings parlays and same game parlays where you can combine multiple bets from the same game for a shot at an even bigger payout. So download the DraftKings app now. You can use promo code Bullyball when you sign up all one word bu l y ball.
Speaker 2: You can do it.
Speaker 1: I know you can do it. Only a DraftKings sports book. The crown is yours.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Bullyball, presented by DraftKings. I'm Rachel Nichols.
Speaker 1: That is DeMarcus Cousins and can you tell from my festive attire book. This is our holiday show, our Christmas show, because we.
Speaker 2: Won't be with everyone next week, so we're doing a little extra bonus show for you guys.
Speaker 1: We'll talk a little bit about this week's games, look ahead to the Christmas games, which are always a good slate. And I don't think I can start bug without talking about John Moran, because man in his first game, No Rust thirty four points, that game winning shot which was ridiculous, and he's gonna have the chance.
Speaker 2: To show off again. The next game they play.
Speaker 1: Is against the Pacers, which means matching up with another young guard in the league, mister Tyrese Haliburton.
Speaker 2: I just I can't wait to see these two go at it.
Speaker 1: And I think I think some people forgot about how good Jah was. As impossible as that is to believe, but so many people after that first game were like, oh man, oh yeah, John Moran.
Speaker 3: It's a different time than we're in.
Speaker 4: And one thing that's for certain is if you're a star, you're gonna shine regardless, no matter how much they try to dim your light, no matter how much mood they throw in your name, you know, et cetera, et cetera. John Moran is him. You know we've seen this time and time again.
Speaker 3: Amen.
Speaker 4: Obviously he went through his you know, his little adversity trials and tribute relations whatever you want to call it, and you know, hopefully he's on their mistakes.
Speaker 1: They're self inflicted, but yes, he learned from them, hopefully, and now he's back just prove it to everyone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get back to what he's great at, which is playing basketball. Let's get back to what he loves which is this game. And he went out and showed that. He showed the world that he is a saw. He is a star, regardless of the circumstances. So I'm glad to have him back on the floor. I'm glad that he's able to go out and show his talent. Go be the superstar that you are. Let's move past all the bullshit. So I was very showing in his first game. I spoke on it earlier in the week. I don't believe there will be Russ.
Speaker 1: He'll come out and you said it, but you were like, he's twenty four years old.
Speaker 4: This is he can roll out of bed and do this. So he came out and he proved that. So this is a great time for him to show his his growth as a young man, a leader, yeah, superstar in this league. He can show that, you know, he has learned from his past mistakes and this is just about him moving forward and continuing to be a star.
Speaker 3: So you know, I'm happy for him.
Speaker 4: I'm happy for the performance that he was able to, you know, display to the world. And like I said, this is his chance to keep moving forward. So you know, kudos, dam well.
Speaker 1: Look, speaking of twenty four year olds who can just roll out of bed and apparently drop thirty four The Spectacular Dunks producer Nate and I were talking after we're talking about job about Okay, So, now that he has reminded everyone he is one of the top players in the league, what about the top players under twenty five? And Nate was trying to sneak Jason Tatum in there. Jason Tatum is twenty five. We cannot include him on this list. So I wanted to ask you, especially with John Morant and Halliburton about to knock head to head and go against each other, who are your top five players under twenty five?
Speaker 2: They can be big man guards whoever?
Speaker 3: Top five? That is tough.
Speaker 4: There's so many young talented I know. Well, obviously Luca's in that conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Luka leads that commerce. He could be the whole conversation.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. Anthony Edwards has to be in that conversation.
Speaker 1: Amen.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: How old is sha Is Shae?
Speaker 2: I think he's older. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure he's older. He's old and wizzend. Yeah, okay, yeah, he's twenty five years old, so you know, couldn't possibly be included hear.
Speaker 3: Okay, it has to be in that conversation.
Speaker 1: All right, So so far you've got Luca and Halliburton. I assume you've got your ant, John Morant, right, oh.
Speaker 3: John Morant obviously, yes, has.
Speaker 2: To be right. Okay, So that's for sure.
Speaker 3: That's four and we got one more.
Speaker 2: So let me let me give you some names for your last slot.
Speaker 1: You've got Tyres MAXI, You've got Zion, you've got Paolo, you've got Wemby.
Speaker 2: Who do you put?
Speaker 4: It can't go past yes, And regardless of you know what the narrative around his name is, right now, this guy has he's proven that he's a star in this league from the day he stepped in. Obviously has been a little inconsistent with you know, you know, the bullshit circulating around his name. But the talent is there. He's a star and he's proven it since walking in. So around that top five off of those guys.
Speaker 1: See, I don't know, man, I think you've got to be consistent if you're going to be in one of these lists, right, I mean, we're about to talk about All Star voting, and there's guys who are great players, like legendary players who might not make my first team All Star ballot because they just haven't been consistent this season, right, they haven't been playing as much or the when they have, it's been a little bit choppy.
Speaker 2: Tyres.
Speaker 1: Maxi has been there for that team in a way that nobody expected. He's exceeded expectations. He's allowed Joel Embiid to do what he does. It's really just changed the calculus the entire team. So I'm putting Maxie in there instead of Zion, And you know, we can fight about that, but I feel like I feel like right now he is more valuable to his team.
Speaker 4: Is this based off one season or is this based off Well that's a good point.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean then you can't really have Haliburton in there if you're if you're saying it's like lifetime body.
Speaker 3: Work, that's valid. That's valid. So I mean, yeah, I guess you could.
Speaker 4: I guess if you add certain things to it, it's gonna always move a criteria or kind of moved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean that's valid. That's vot. I can agree with you. I can agree with that.
Speaker 2: My favorite line it's top five, not top seven.
Speaker 1: Okay, speaking of All Star voting, we'll get Rondo back.
Speaker 2: We'll discuss that with him.
Speaker 1: Voting has just started for the people out there, Let's give them some advice both on who they should vote for. I'm gonna ask you to make your choices. Let's start in the E because it's a little easier.
Speaker 2: Who do you got in the East?
Speaker 1: And remember all Star voting is yeah, and it's not positionless yet, which I've been lobbying the league to make it positionless because they played positionless and some guys are weirdly listed to positions, but some guys aren't and it messes everything up.
Speaker 2: So I'm I'm I'm still on that train.
Speaker 1: Let's make a positionless But until then, right, you've got two forwards, a center, and two guards.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, we're gonna start off with the guy I believe should be MVP once again this year, with Joe LMB. I think that's a given. At the four spot. I hate that you know what you say, put names on the positions, but at the four, we're gonna put Gianni's At the three.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with Jason Tatum.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, this is where it starts to get a little tricky. In the East.
Speaker 2: I know the guards right.
Speaker 4: The guards. It's kind of up and down, But I think the right decision would be Donovan Mitchell m M two and my god dang dahla starting at the one. I'm gonna go with that as the East. I think that's I think that's valid. How you feel about that, right See, this.
Speaker 1: Is hard for me because I always say I vote for the All Star Game a little different than I vote for like All NBA at.
Speaker 2: The end of the year.
Speaker 1: All NBA to me is like, what did you do this season? How is your season? You know, it changes every year. Sometimes guys are in and then out of my ballot, you know, from year to year, that kind of thing.
Speaker 2: For All Star I do like to take into account.
Speaker 1: It's the All Star Game, right Like, there is something about the wattage of the star and sort of what they can do and more of that lifetime achievement element to me.
Speaker 2: So I think.
Speaker 1: I'm good with your picks, both Tyrese's I feel deserve that first starting spot, you know, Maxie and Haliburton. But if I'm a fan watching the All Star Game and I see the court out there with like physically all of the stars.
Speaker 2: Of the league.
Speaker 1: Damian Lillard like belongs in that discussion, right, I mean, it's just sort of it's a tougher It's it's tougher to figure.
Speaker 4: Out also popularity, So I mean you got to take that into account as well. If if we're going popularity right now, not based on you know, performance or skill, if you take Damian Lillard and Tyreks Maxie, I think it's gonna always go with Damian Lillard. So how to take that into account as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it is partly performance, Like I'm not throwing performance out, but Dame has obviously performed so well. Like you know, obviously that team has had some growing pains as they're new team getting put together. You know, the Sons have had growing pains. But when we get to the West, I'm certainly putting kd in there. But that being said, like Lillard has done exactly what they wanted him to do there, which is be a closer, organized him in the last five minut of games where they were a mess, and be the guy because sometimes a big man can't be the guy to do that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 1: So I'm I'm my list was different before I came on here with you book, but you've convinced me.
Speaker 2: All right, So I got you on the Under twenty five, you got me on All Star.
Speaker 1: Give me your Western Conference All Stars because this is about to get very tricky.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's gonna get a little tricky. Let's see what West. We gotta start with the big Fella and Yokic mm hmm. At the four, I'm gonna go Lebron James mm hmm. At the three, I'll go Kevin Durant mm hmm. For a two, I'm gonna say Luca Donts yep.
Speaker 3: For the one. Man, I gotta go with shay.
Speaker 2: Yah, gotta go with shap Yeah. No, I like that list. That's basically my list.
Speaker 1: You know, my struggle was Steph Curry and Devin Booker, right stuff.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, brother, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Right, it's Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: So then I kind of go back to the All Star thing. And he's had a tremendous season.
Speaker 1: I know the Warriors are sucked, but he's been incredible.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of the KD principle like, but.
Speaker 1: Then again, I don't know, winning has to be account for something. So do you put Shay in there, or you know, put some of the other guys, I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's very complicated.
Speaker 1: This.
Speaker 4: It still goes back to this. It's still the popularity contest at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So okay, so you flip.
Speaker 4: I think Steph Steph will always get voted in over Shap, regardless of he performs better. Like Steph is one of the faces of this league. He's been that for the past decade. So yeah, you can't. You can't ignore that fact. I could be wrong. I could replace Shaye right now, Stiff. I think Stiff takes that spot. I was wrong about that.
Speaker 1: Well, again, it's not all NBA. Like people are going to quibble with this in the comments. I appreciate that, we want your comments, but like, to me, there's a difference in the way you vote for this versus All NBA or some of the end of season awards.
Speaker 2: You know, it's so funny to keep saying as a popularity contest.
Speaker 1: Like I had someone arguing with me last year and they're like, well, it's not like it's a popularity contest.
Speaker 2: I'm like, it's exactly what it is. That is exactly what the All Star Game is. You hit the nail on the head.
Speaker 1: So there's something about that, and I love the fact that you know, the NBA is a star driven league. I mean that you look at what the stars have been doing so far in this season, and they've been China man, and you look at you know, I watched plenty of football, and sure there's individual players we all watch, but it's not the same like it's just the NBA is about the stars. That is the thing that draws people in. So I think for the All Star Game, you know, it's okay to rely on that a little bit more. And then when you vote for All MBA at the end of the year, any of the end of season awards, you can rely on the other thing. Now, of course, the end of season awards they have to hit sixty five games, which don't get me started on that.
Speaker 2: I think that's ridiculous. But it's a conversation for later in the yearbook. We'll get to that. We'll get to that.
Speaker 1: I want to talk about a game on Wednesday night, the Bulls and Lakers were playing in what I like to call the Zach Lavine Invitational, even though he wasn't on the court, because it has been so heavily rumored that the Lakers are going to trade for zach Lavine. I'm surprised they didn't just take him home in a Duffel bag on the plane. I mean, it's just ridiculous the chatter around these two teams.
Speaker 2: But there's also reporting coming out of LA that yes, there is.
Speaker 1: A heavy consideration to Levine, But if you look at the two other pieces on the Bulls that might be available for trade, DeMar de Rosen and Alex Grusso, who definitely Lebron James and several other people around the LA franchise are sorry that they let go, that they maybe better fits and that they may be the ones that they're after. Caruso has a very reasonable salary in terms of fitting into a larger system. Demarto Rosen's an expiring contract, so that's always helpful. Zach Lavine is a big contract at big numbers for a long time, so it's just much more of a commitment. They made that commitment to Russell Westbrook and then quickly got out of it, So it's possible that you don't have to, you know, be died in the wool air. But it is a different conversation. So when you look at what the Lakers need and by the way, they have lost three straight since the n season tournament.
Speaker 2: Lebron talked about the whole.
Speaker 1: Team being fatigued the other day, so like that's a factor.
Speaker 2: What do you think they need to get them over the hump?
Speaker 1: Because they're definitely playing really well, but they're probably not in that absolute favorite, top top elite tier yet in the NBA.
Speaker 4: Well, it's obvious that they need that therapiece. We spoke on this earlier in the year. They just need that that that third option to help them, you know, close games, get over the humps. It may be nice where Lebron isn't, you know, at the top of his game, or it may be nice where Ad is struggling. So you always need that third option to you know, kind of get you over that hump. But if I'm the Lakers and I'm looking in on this on this bull team and the assets that they have that could potentially, you know, improve my team, which is a Lakers, the number one trade target in my opinion.
Speaker 3: It should be Caruso.
Speaker 4: And obviously there's a history with Caruso. It's a chemistry with Caruso. He was a part of that championship Lakers team, bubble team, so Obviously there's a history, they have chemistry.
Speaker 3: It's obviously it works.
Speaker 4: So but uh, it has to be a combination of the It has to be a combination of Caruso DeRozan or Caruso.
Speaker 3: Levine in order for this Lakers team to improve.
Speaker 1: In my opinion, as I say, money wise, Caruso and Jamar kind of packaged better together, right.
Speaker 4: I agree with that too, But in my opinion, I believe the Caruso DeRozan package fits this Lakers team a bit better. I think Damar has the mindset to fit in with this team to have championship you know, goals. Not to take anything away from Levigne, I just when it comes to fitting next to Lebron, it's a certain type of player it has to be, and I just don't feel like at this point in Levine's career he's at that point.
Speaker 3: So I would lean more towards the package.
Speaker 4: You know, Damar and Caruso, and I think, you know, that could really help this Lakers team get over the hump and you know, being the conversation that's being a championship caliber team. So I could be wrong, but I feel like that's the perfect combination to help this team right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I lean toward that too. I think that gets you a little bit more on both ends. Those guys will fit in and Alex russo, you know, just being living here in LA and being around that locker room when he was here, you know, they love that guy. Lebron loves that guy, and that don't discount how big a deal that is. And you know, I just think that that bringing him back will just sort of give a little peace of mind to some.
Speaker 2: Of the guys in that locker room who like playing with him. And Damarrow I believe he's an LA native.
Speaker 1: One of the producers can jump in if I'm wrong, but I think he's from LA. So, you know, kind of like Kawai, right, Just like Kawhi and Paul, George and Russ and Hardin have all said that, like they're going to play differently because they're playing at home and they want to stay at home. They don't want this team not to the Clippers team, not to work because then they're going to break them up and who knows where they'll go.
Speaker 2: They like being here with their families.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow I know has gone through you know, some struggles and stuff, or being near his family has been really important to him, So I think that he will play to stay if he is here, and you obviously have the out on him over the summer where his contract's expiring. If it doesn't work out, you can wash your hands of it, and if it does work out, you've got a longer term piece. So I like that combo two. I think you're right on target. But man, those zach Lavine ruers. You cannot shut people up. There is so much shadow around that. So we'll see what happens. The Lakers don't always make the right trade, so we'll see they if they do that there, Buggie. Last week we talked about the fact that the Pistons, they don't need to go on a winning streak.
Speaker 2: They don't need to become world beaters. They don't need to be contenders.
Speaker 1: You know what they need, Boogie, They need one win. They need one win. Get a win, gentlemen, just one win. And apparently the folks at DraftKings heard me because they have put up a bet on the website that is amazing. When will the Pistons win a game? So you can have odds on this twenty four game losing streak. The record by the way belongs to the twenty ten Calves. That's the year that Lebron of course left for Miami. They had a twenty six game losing Treek. So the Pistons are catching up. There are just two more games. Boys, which game do you think they will break the streak? I'm gonna read you.
Speaker 2: The odds of the opponents, and that's you know what you can judge.
Speaker 1: So first they play the Jazz, that's plus one hundred, Then they play the Nets that's plus four seventy five. Then they play the Nets again and that's plus five hundred, and then they play the Raptors plus seven hundred. So obviously DraftKings is looking at it's more likely they'll break this streak earlier, possibly in their next game against the Jazz. But I don't know, man, I feel like this team could really go for that record the way things are going.
Speaker 2: What do you think.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go against the grand I believe they will win a game, and I think it'll be against one of the Nets team.
Speaker 3: It's hard against one of the Nets game or matchups.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: The reason I say that it's hard to beat, it's hard to lose to the team. It's hard to beat the team twice, so I think they'll get lucky and get one of the NETS games. But I mean, at the end of the day, it's pretty obvious this is their goal this season.
Speaker 3: They want to lose as many games as they can.
Speaker 4: They want to tank, they want to get a good pick, they want to keep building their young roster up. It's obvious. But their goal isn't to win games this season. So I mean, but I do believe.
Speaker 1: They could win a game, Boogie. It would not change their lottery status.
Speaker 2: They could win a game, even San Antonio, which is clearly you never know, not prioritizing winning. They win a game here and there, one game one. I'm with you.
Speaker 1: I think one of the NETS games is good, all right, So put your money where your mouth is. Plus four seventy five for the first NETS game, plus five hundred for the second NETS game. Not a huge difference. But which one do you think they would break it? First game or second game.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go with the second. I'm gonna go with this.
Speaker 1: I think that's most likely one game, just one, and then we'll stay off you for the next twenty four games.
Speaker 2: Apparently, But like one one game, do it baby.
Speaker 1: All right, we do have the Christmas games coming up. I am wearing Sparklely shirt, so we do have to talk about them. We won't be having a podcast next Monday because it is Christmas. We're gonna all be with our families. I hope you all out there are gonna be with yours.
Speaker 2: Christmas to everyone.
Speaker 1: Happy holidays, everyone who celebrates everything, very happy everything. But I want to talk about these games because we do have a great slate, So real quick, I'm gonna I'm going to ask you who you have in these games, and you can tell me if you just have a pick or if you've picked for a reason or anything like that.
Speaker 2: They're opening up with Bucks Knicks, so a little bit of a.
Speaker 1: They've had some good playoff battles, Like what do you see with the Bucks next game?
Speaker 3: I see the Bucks winning this game. Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 4: It's not a soul on the floor that can guard. Is not a soul on the floor can guard day? Yeah the Buck easily easily.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh. The Knicks just applied for a disabled player exception on Mitchell Robinson, which means he is out for the rest of the year.
Speaker 2: And little things like that, little pieces you know.
Speaker 1: I mean not that these little but like role player pieces I think really are affecting the Knicks a little bit.
Speaker 3: So I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I'm with you for Bucks. Let's talk about Warriors Nuggets.
Speaker 1: Definitely two different teams these days, but it's always a good matchup. I think they went to overtime last time they played, or at least one of the times this season.
Speaker 2: What do you see there?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna lean with the Nuggets on this one.
Speaker 4: You know, they're missing the key piece and Draymond with you know, the suspension of whatever they have going on with him, So with them missing their defensive anchor, I'm gonna lean towards the Nuggets. I don't see anybody being able to stop or slow down the big feather and Yokich, so I'm leaning towards the Nuggets.
Speaker 1: I have to agree with you, although it pains me because Steph Curry on Christmas Day has put on such a show so many years in a row, and we saw just.
Speaker 2: The other night that overtime game. He's got it.
Speaker 1: He's still got it, no question at that top level. So it's sad for me to go against Steph Curry on Christmas. But I agree with you with Draymond out. I think this is the Nuggets game to win. Here, Celtics Lakers, huge rivalry game. They haven't played on Christmas in a while. Book, I think it's been like a dozen years or something, maybe even old longer.
Speaker 2: So who do you take? Lakers Celtics. It's in LA.
Speaker 3: This is a tough one. Yeah, I think I'm gonna lean with the Lakers one.
Speaker 4: Honestly, I think Lebron comes out, puts on the show on Christmas Day. He's done it time and time again. I think eighty also comes out, has a big game. Uh, I'm gonna go with the Lakers. I think I think the Lakers schools this one out.
Speaker 1: I'm wondering if someone can tell Jason Tatum to stop trying so many threes. If that conversation has before, it happens before the Christmas Day game, I might go Celtics. If it happens after the Christmas Day game, I might go Lakers. You know, I look, Tatum is a rock star, not just a star, just a superstar. You know, he's leading the best team in the Eastern Conference. You know. There it seems silly to pick at or complain about his game. But he is in the top five of guys who shoot the most three pointers in the league, and yet he's shooting under thirty percent, And like, I just think, I don't know, Maybe he's just trying to shoot and shoot until he gets there. Maybe it's just a way to stretch the defense. But if I had to pick at anything with the Celtics right now, it would be a little bit of that. I still think they need a little more frontline help, and that's where the Lakers in this game can really try to exploit that.
Speaker 2: So it could be a different matchup after the tread deadline them before it's home game for the Lakers.
Speaker 1: I kind of the same thing as Steph, Like I really if it's a toss up, I can't go against Lebron on Christmas Day, So I'm with you, with you. It's begrudging though, because the Celtics are so good, so good, all right. We got a little Joel Embiid versus Jimmy Butler friendship bowl going on. The Sixers play the heat down in Miami. You know, these two guys are so close still after playing with each other, but they always have great battles on the court.
Speaker 2: You know, further evidence that the casual fans who say.
Speaker 1: Oh why are their old friends because they don't really compete against each other, which is bullshit. I think they compete harder against each other for bragging rights, and I expect that on Christmas Day.
Speaker 2: Who do you think is gonna win?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna roll with the Sixers on this one. The big fella Embiid has been on an absolute tear. He's showing that he's the most dominant force in this league. He's unguardable. It's not a scheme, a defense or a matchup that can slow him down or stop him. And I think get a carry over to Christmas Day. I just his dominance is at all time higher now and I don't see anybody getting in this way. So I'm gonna lean with the six and then obviously with Tyre's Maxi complement those big performances. I mean, you have fifty one the other night, Tyre's had thirty five. That's a tough dudo.
Speaker 3: So I'm leaning with the circuit.
Speaker 1: You would think that Tyres Maxi would be one of the top five players under twenty five.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I just I know I know it's tough. It's tough, I know very good.
Speaker 2: Who's it around?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: I'm with you on the Sixers. I think Joel Embiid is the free train that will not be stopped.
Speaker 1: So I think do it. I do think it'll be a spirited, fun game though, with those two guys on the court playing against each other.
Speaker 2: And we got to talk MAVs Sons because that's a Kappa on the evening.
Speaker 1: Obviously those two teams have been going in very different directions right now, but Kevin Durant has been playing exceptionally.
Speaker 2: What who are you taking there?
Speaker 3: I'm leaning with Katie.
Speaker 4: Uh, another guy that we've seen time and time again, you know, put up big games on Christmas Day. Uh, I don't expect anything. Let's on this next one. So I'm gonna leaning with Katie and the Suns. You know, they're still struggling with you know, figuring out their health and rotations and things of that matter. But you just can't deny the talent and and the combo of players they have on the team. When they do find their rhythm, they're a scary team and we all know we're just waiting until that happens. This Sun team is just loaded. So yeah, I'm I'm leaning with yours on one as well.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm making a pick that is not necessarily what I think is going to happen in the game, but just because I want to be able to make the pick, I'm going to go with the MAVs because I think they have not gotten enough respect for what they are doing this season. I mean, they've been hovering around the number three spot and it goes up and down depending on what day you check the standings. But nobody thought that was going to happen. In fact, they got a lot of criticism after this summer about they didn't do enough trading.
Speaker 2: You know. The first of all, the criticism was that they traded away too.
Speaker 1: Much for Kyrie. Then it was they didn't do enough to restock the team over the summer. You know, Luca has gotten sort of you know, there's definitely been increasing criticism from all corners about his arguing with the refs and all this other stuff, and like they blown the doors off a bunch of really really good teams. Luca is playing exceptionally. You know, Kyrie when he's healthy, has been a great compliment and a team guy and has done all the things they've asked him to do. I had a conversation with Jason Kidd about Kyrie, and they just say he's been perfect in their locker room and their organization. So it's nice to see him sorting that part of his life out and really just being able to be a basketball player.
Speaker 2: So I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if they're going to beat the Suns on Christmas Day. And it depends on who plays on the Suns, and you know, it deals out. I think, but Booker, I think will be in for that game. So I you know, I think you may be right.
Speaker 2: But I'm still going to pick the mask because I think they should get more credit. Booky cousins. Absolutely, you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: We just mentioned a lot of guys who are elite scorers, right, So who scores the biggest point total on Christmas Day?
Speaker 3: Point?
Speaker 1: You got Steph, you got Luca, You've got KD, You've got Lebron, You've got a D. You've got Joel Embiid, You've got Jason Tatum.
Speaker 2: You're honest. You going with Embiid?
Speaker 1: I kind of got to I gotta gotta agree with you. I mean he's he's been a show every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think mb like I said earlier, he's the dominance that he's displaying nightly. Regardless of the situation that happened with this team early on, the guy's focus, he's locked in. This is probably some of the best ball we've seen him play in his young career so far. I just don't see anybody being able to match up with him or slow him down. So I think another big performance is coming from MBID on Christmas Day.
Speaker 3: So I'm an I'm with you.
Speaker 2: I think that's a safe pay.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, any of those guys could pop off, so it's a little bit of a crapshew.
Speaker 2: But I give you, if you're going to make a prediction, I get that one. Assists are a harder thing to predict.
Speaker 1: But of all those, you know, great talented guards we've got playing, who do you think is going to rack up the most assists in these games?
Speaker 3: Talented guards? I'm gonna go with the big fella.
Speaker 2: Yo kisch mm hm hmmm.
Speaker 3: And it's kind of it's kind of funny.
Speaker 4: I remember a couple of years back when the whole small ball thing was coming into play, and you know, they had a big they had a big thing about, you know, Draymond being a center in the NBA. Yeah, I'm now waiting for them to talk about how Joki is a point guard in the league now, Like it's a positionless league. It's no positions, there's no you know, no label on what a player is. Now, well, let's let's push Jokic as a point guard now, because he's literally one of d or the best passer in the league. So he ignites the offense on the nightly basis. The offense runs through him, like the whole system is built around this one guy. So you know, let's let's see if they start pushing in there of yok being a point guard now.
Speaker 1: No, I like that. And by the way, I think that's the conversation we're going to have with Wemby a couple of years, right. I Mean, he's obviously just still finding his legs, but he brings that ball down the floor like the guard, and I think that I think that's only going to emphasize, you know, the versatility of all of these players, but particularly the big men and what they can do. We talked about this last week, like the last three finalists for MVP big men, right, Like, I just I think that the tide has turned a little bit again in the league. You know, it's still incredible, guard play incredible, but it's a little more balanced.
Speaker 2: Now than it was at one point.
Speaker 3: So there we go.
Speaker 2: All right, we got to go doom scroll here. This is what we find around social media. We do the SCROLLNK so you won't have to.
Speaker 1: And one of the best follows on Twitter, Jason Concepsio, and if you're not following him, you should be.
Speaker 2: Tweeted this. Every NBA team should be.
Speaker 1: Allowed to choose one all time franchise great, he says, like in foundation, but I love the idea of this. So you would put one all time franchise great on the current team, So you got to think a little bit about who would fit in with them, but also who would you want, right, And so we're gonna go with the I'm gonna ask you about the Lakers, the Magic and the Thunder SuperSonics combination, right, because they've all got players and names.
Speaker 2: This's the harder choice. So let's talk about the Lakers first. You can pick one Lakers franchise all time great to put on this team. Who would you book.
Speaker 3: Bean. Come on, man, we know the answer to that. Bean.
Speaker 4: You put Bean on this team with aide and Lebron. I don't think they lose a game. Like honestly, we talk about we talk about the Lakers needing a third piece of guy to get them over the hum.
Speaker 2: I mean, right, no, he would be the first piece. I'm sorry, but on the Lakers.
Speaker 1: Look, you can debate whether Lebron or Kobe is a better player, and I know a lot of people feel Lebron is and I think that argument absolutely has merit.
Speaker 2: But on a Lakers team, you know, that's Kobe's.
Speaker 3: Team, Kobe absolutely, Sarah, you know.
Speaker 1: I kind of toyed with Magic Johnson for this, just because like he would fit in with those guys so well that are currently on that team, right, just a floor fit kind of thing.
Speaker 2: But you're right, you gotta go Kobe. I mean, there's no other answer. So let's move Let's.
Speaker 1: Move on to the Magic because you know, young NBA fans don't realize this, but they used to have up a loaded team a year after.
Speaker 2: Year after year.
Speaker 1: So who would you pick on the Magic to be the franchise all time great? That would go into Jason Caccepcio's world here.
Speaker 4: Oh so, you know, kind of looking at this magic team, I know that the one glaring issue is there, you know, shout out to my young fellow Marko. Folks can't wait for you to get Hilton back on the floor. All those things. But as far as this team, they need is a PG right now.
Speaker 2: So okay, my.
Speaker 3: My mind is telling me to go with Penny.
Speaker 4: But awesome, the way this team gets up and down the floor, the speed that they play at, the tanacity that they play at, I gotta go with you, Racing McGrady.
Speaker 3: You put Trase McGrady on this team. These guys are a tough team to be so right, I want to say, I gotta go with I gotta go with Tracy and.
Speaker 2: By the way, Chequillae and eil Grant Hill, Dwight Howard.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go with Tracy. And I can't pick because, like I said, this is a team that likes to run up and down shot and his time was a half court guye things of that nature. So I gotta go with Chralsey. I think he fits in perfectly with this team. He's obviously one of the greatest scorers to ever played the game.
Speaker 3: So you add him to this team, they're sick. That's the sick thing.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Mac in today's league was scoring.
Speaker 3: Like unfair, unfair, unfair.
Speaker 1: He would just be so off the hook, like it's crazy. I think about that sometimes, like, dude, I.
Speaker 3: Would hate to be that big on the switch. Seriously, dude.
Speaker 1: So all right, let's do Let's do thunder Sonic the franchise since you know, obviously we're going back in history and this is tough because they might have the best player they've ever had on the.
Speaker 2: Floor right now.
Speaker 1: You could argue that right well, actually, sorry, he's still playing, is what I should say.
Speaker 2: That was a big misstep. But I didn't mean that he's still playing under I just meant like, no, no, no, no, no, no, to start that again. All right, we gotta go thunder Sonics. Obviously.
Speaker 1: You know we've got to include the Sonics there with their history, and you know, it's tough. One of the players you have to consider there is still.
Speaker 2: Playing in the NBA. Katie.
Speaker 1: So, but you've got you've got guys in that past past uniform who are great won an NBA title.
Speaker 3: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Well, obviously, Kad would be the most obvious pick, but the fact that he is still playing. So I'm gonna go with guys that are you know, retired and done playing, right. I think Sean KM will fit great.
Speaker 3: Next.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there are also a team that likes to get up and down. They're very, very versatile. Uh you put an athletic force like that just dominating the paint and allowing Chat to be out spread the floor, you know, play his guard forward type game.
Speaker 3: I think that would be a great combination for that team. So I'm no, I think.
Speaker 2: That's totally valid and the correct answer is Katie.
Speaker 1: By the way, can you imagine that like just a forced trade off the tons to the thunder?
Speaker 2: Nope, sorry, you're going back. It's just the rules. That's how it is. Shout out Jason for an excellent, excellent tweet there.
Speaker 1: Also from NBA Communications, We've got a tweet from them saying the most viewed players on NBA Social So.
Speaker 2: Uh, you look at some of these guys.
Speaker 1: Lebron obviously right up there, Janie is up there, get a lot of Lakers up there.
Speaker 2: Who do you who do you see? Who do you think is the most viral NBA player?
Speaker 3: Right now, does it have to be off of this list or well, this is.
Speaker 1: Who they say, like if it gets the numbers right, So Wheben Yama's up.
Speaker 4: There the most ving player in the league, I'm I'm going off of this list. My my personal favorite or guy that I think is just gonna take over completely is Anthony Edwards. He has he has the personality, he has the charisma, he has a huge personality at that and he has a big game to match up with that personality. Super talented guy. Uh, I gotta go Anthony Edwards.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 4: I think he'll be eventually be the face of the NBA. And like I said, he has all the you know, the personality, characteristics, the charisma to go along with it. So I think he'll carry the league off once these guys you know, ride off in the sunset and be in a good place.
Speaker 3: So Anthony Edwards for sure.
Speaker 2: I mean, he just gets it.
Speaker 1: He's so funny on social right, like he just thought its exactly what to say. He's been viral for other reasons recently, but we won't get into that.
Speaker 2: I do, I do.
Speaker 1: I'm adding to someone to this list, and I'm sure they did this like this season so far, and obviously John Morant had made a lot of highlights, you know, before this past week.
Speaker 2: But I'm going with Jah Morant.
Speaker 1: I know, whenever post something about job on my social like, it blows up, Like I just think with the way he dunks, the way he plays, you know that back at the end of the day, it was a perfect example. He had a playing warm ups like you know, dunk and warm ups that was ridiculous. Like, I don't know, I'm going, I'm putting him, I'm forcing him on the list. But yeah, I mean, look the other guys up there, Lebron Steph kd Wenby, Like there's there's you know, there's a good list up there. I mean your pick is excellent. Like Jammaran, I just think it's his world and we're going to be living in it for a while. Friend, Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays. I know you got family coming in.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for you.
Speaker 1: We will not be in your inbox or whatever on Monday because we will be eating popcorn and watching these games and hanging.
Speaker 2: With the Fams.
Speaker 1: So everyone out there, happy holidays, and we will see you back right after the new year. We got a show coming on January second, so you can mark your calendar for that.
Speaker 2: We will be on YouTube.
Speaker 1: We will be on wherever you get your podcasts, and please rate and review us. We need those five stars for us to push up in that algorithm. We're new, we're young as a podcast. That's very you know, we're tender.
Speaker 2: No we're not.
Speaker 1: We're real evolved, but still help us out and we will see you after the holidays.
Speaker 2: But you have a great, great week.
Speaker 3: All r right, you do to say appreciate you guys,