Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and I'm Heeart Radio podcast.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, hi, Hey, I'm sorry about the Starbucks stilima this morning.
Speaker 3: Oh the thing got it, I know, I know it was funny. I got the text she said Starbucks anyone, and guys, I got up at four and I've stayed up. Why I because Preston had a flight and I couldn't go back to sleep.
Speaker 2: Oh it's weird.
Speaker 3: I have never been this girl. But you said Starbucks anyone, and I missed it by I knew. I reapplied two minutes later and I already know the I know the window. We're all operating it. And I was like, I've missed it. I go, I do am I too late?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I was like two minutes or something, but I know I did something really bad last year on this day. Yeah, no, June fifth, I forgot to call my dad and his birthday. Oh oh. It was one of those where I'm like so today, I was like, he was like six, first child that is saying to me today. I was like, well, I was also the child that didn't call you last year. And then when I got off the phone was when I was like, all right, I gotta go like, and then I saw yours, and I'm like, craps, let me go back to my little doordasher. Because I didn't send a time to go get it right, Catherine made called me out one time about what we what we DoorDash and what we don't door dash. Right, we need to.
Speaker 1: Tell this story. Actually, yeah, I'm in story to me. I think it's a good story.
Speaker 2: I'm interested. Okay, go ahead, you can tell it, sod same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're out of town. I don't even know where we are, probably Wilmington.
Speaker 2: No, we were in Oklahoma.
Speaker 1: Oh, Oklahoma, Oklahoma, in Oklahoma, Okay, I just remember we were in bed Yeah, we talked about the entire time.
Speaker 2: We just sat there at beds. You did you just think of me? Yeah?
Speaker 3: And five things we love about Kristin go. I just was a little nervous about the accuracy and reporting. We didn't know the location. Go ahead, continue, Okay.
Speaker 1: I just remember that she got like a ring doorbell thing and she was like, oh is.
Speaker 2: It ethy oofy eu f y.
Speaker 1: I don't know, oofy, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: So she gets like a thing and she's like, oh, who's at the house, And She's like, oh, it's probably door dash and I was like, okay, you know, just like thinking. She was like, you know, it's just like does he just like drive you crazy when like man like like they DoorDash beer, Like he's gonna door like I guarantee you he doordashed beer, Like why not just go to the store and get the beer, like go through this whole thing. And I'm like, all I can think in my head, it's like, you DoorDash Starbucks every day? Say that every day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've stopped you, but you say you stopped you did for I did sometimes.
Speaker 2: I just went through a phase. I went through a face and this is coming from the door. It was a new born phase of door dashing.
Speaker 1: Coming from someone that will DoorDash, like five of us will DoorDash every day. So I am not judging door dash. I love a DoorDash. I just thought it was very funny. So I sat there for a while in silence, and then I was like I can't.
Speaker 2: I can't hold it back anymore. I was like I just have to fire out too.
Speaker 1: I was like, so, how is that any different from door dashing Tarbucks?
Speaker 2: And I said, I don't even remember you said that, Remember I go, well, first I looked at you like they's alcoholic and one's not. Like one's alcohol and one's not. Be like, how dare you call me up that I go, I go, oh oh, I guess it's not any different, And I was like, ew, it's not.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: I think your point was not that it was beer being beer, it was that it was door dashed. At first, I thought the point was that it was beer, and you were just like, eh, I don't love that he's like having beer. So I was like, okay, cool, Like I get that. But she's like, no, it's the fact, like go to the store and get the beer. And I was like okay, well now, and I'm like you should.
Speaker 2: Just a beer, right. It was that it was for me, it just seemed like we're delivering alcohol, like can't you go to the store and get it? But again to your point and since then, honestly, if I'm being totally I think that's when I stopped door dashing with Starbucks. I was like, I'm so hypocritical for getting on him for a door dashing boards.
Speaker 1: Both of y'all door dash that's what I do. Yes, I mean, Nick hates it. He never door dashes ever.
Speaker 2: But now it's like, I enjoy now my ride to Starbucks. But I didn't have time today because I had some stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's good.
Speaker 2: It was, it was. It was quite funny.
Speaker 3: I was like, how bad do we want it ten minutes late with Starbucks?
Speaker 2: Or do I just keep rolling? And then I looked at the clock. I didn't have time and.
Speaker 1: Never have time because you don't calculate in the Starbucks run And here are stars press are so hit or missed. Oh I can't get.
Speaker 2: I can tell you which one goes really fast and which one you need at least ten minutes in, But you always got to What I've learned is this is stupid story. I apologize to the listeners. Dear listeners, we apologize in advance. You got to go through the drive through. They're too slow when you go in, I know, and everyone thinks you'll beat them inside. They won't You do you do the car marker? Oh yeah you do.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: The quick read is order it on your thing and run it and get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true, but you got to really be thinking.
Speaker 1: You got to think it. It takes about eight minutes, five to eight minutes. So then you got a plan in your rise.
Speaker 2: This is the most nine felt episode ever.
Speaker 3: I know what I was thinking, how wildly beneficial it might be to someone who's driving right now, going, Oh, I can just type it in Holover, type it over.
Speaker 2: Safety first, get god totally. So there's that really as I drink my extra hot. By the way, let me just say one more thing about Starbucks. This is not a sponsored episode. It is not. I I like my drinks extra hot, even if it's one hundred degrees outside. So it's like nineties right now in Nashville, and so the other day when I went yesterday, I was like, can I play an extra hot? HI? And they're like extra hot? I go, yeah, I like it hot. They have to be hot like hot.
Speaker 1: If you're door dashing, you definitely have to do agree to.
Speaker 2: I've already microwaved because they get so cold by the time they get there.
Speaker 1: Anyways, it makes me mad.
Speaker 2: Oh lit life updates. So I didn't go to Georgia. By the way, can I just say how much I love you guys, because when I went onto the DMS on the wind Down episode, everyone was so supportive and they were like, go do it. You'll have so much fun, so supportive. I didn't do it, but I loved it, but it was good to see it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad everyone was behind, including us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just go do it. They were so supportive.
Speaker 1: So next time that comes up, you're going to be like, guess what, guys, I'm just gonna go do it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, totally probably not convincing, that's probably.
Speaker 2: Not gonna happen. No, but I could bring it. Don't even know if it even went through. Yeah, you know, we'll see big TVD on the whole sit. Let us know how it ends. If it Yeah, I will for sure. But that's that's my only update. I did book another movie, though, and I'm very excited. Wait, how many movies do we have happening? And why I say we? I mean you? So, I've already filmed three, but I'm going to be filming my fourth one in July in Nashville. This will be fun. You guys can visit on set.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's go together. It'll be so fun. I would love excited when you startbucks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, say much. But it is based on a best selling book, and uh, I don't know it. You probably know the author. That's all I can say. For now, very excited. I mean, who, like I get to link twice if it's Nicholas Sparks, it's not okay, I got really excited. Would be you know, it would have been great, okay, but anyway, so to be able to work and then go home will just be so amazing. I'm so excited.
Speaker 3: I'm excited for you. Part of Nashville all around so fun. Yeah, there's even a little bit of Franklin so yeah, so yeah, tbd.
Speaker 2: But that's that's my update, and I'm really glad that everything kind of worked out. We were supposed to be in l A. That was yeah, why are you here? Politely, Well, the plane was leaking hydraulic something fluid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hydraulic fluid. They were in the engine for a good five hours.
Speaker 2: Which she finally was like, I wasn't going to tell you, but I didn't want to get on that plane. So here's the thing that takes a lot.
Speaker 1: I used to fly in like anything, yeah, and Sestna's I went into it. And as I get older, I definitely get more like if something's going wrong or if like I'm like, okay, God's telling me I don't need to be on this airplane, and I was like, I wasn't gonna say it to her though, because she's already a little anxious, you know. I mean, and I don't think you realize I do get more ink, I've gotten a lot more anxious with flying and stuff like that as I've gotten older. I think that's normal to get a little bit more whatever. But that was what had me. As the hours went on and the engine stayed open and the pilot was looking at it, and like one, I was.
Speaker 2: Just like, and we saw the bucket and we saw it leaking. This is not a good sign. It just got bad.
Speaker 1: And then we missed by the time, we missed everything day one, and so it was just like it was such a mess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm glad you stayed home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we stayed home, and here we are.
Speaker 2: It's interesting to me.
Speaker 3: We were at the dinner table the other night, and I don't know how this even came up, but we were talking about anxious flyers maybe or just flyers, because Preston just flies a ton and I think he's getting a.
Speaker 2: Little bit tired.
Speaker 1: Sure, Yeah, Like you.
Speaker 2: Know, if the bus leaves the night before, he's more likely to get on the bus. The night before.
Speaker 3: Now he's just like, I love being home with you, but also and I I just don't know how anybody does it.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: We're talking and I said, do you guys this is at the dinner table funny enough? And I said, does everybody here want to take a guess at which one of my best friends is a really anxious flyer, because I think it would shock you. And they were guessing, and nobody guessed you, and I was like, guess me. I said, it's Cramer and Preston was like what I said, yeah, and he goes for as much as she has to fly, and I said, I know.
Speaker 1: Every time gotten tremendously better. I think so too, like like it like night and day from when I first started working with her. Thanks and not getting you to even go into the airport.
Speaker 3: So oh yeah, there's only one way to get on the airplane in Atlanta.
Speaker 2: She goes, we just were talking about that too. I go, hey, remember that one time that I was in Atlanta and I was like, hey, I can't get on the airplane And I what do you mean you can't get on the airplane Like I can't get on the airplane. I mean we had just started working together.
Speaker 1: I had a baby in my arms, I'll never forget it, in my bedroom home holding a baby, and I was like, what do you mean you can't walk in to the airport.
Speaker 2: So she's like, so you're at the airport. I was like yes, She's like, and you can't go in the airport. No, what Like she just did not understand.
Speaker 1: I can't.
Speaker 3: I wish we had a time capsule. This is this is gold to me, capsule. Man.
Speaker 1: I should write a book, I should go back and I just can't remember. My problem is is I just can't remember everything. So but anyway, you've gotten a lot better.
Speaker 2: I have because I get of my app, my little flight Trader app. Oh yeah, I zoom out and I see all the other planes that are flying in the air, and it's like, okay, look how many flights are happening right now. And then I go to my turbulence tracker and I see the winds. Yeah, And it doesn't make you more nervous, no, because I see other planes going through it too, and they're okay, and they've passed through it. But then this is my thing and I kind of want to one day do a movie about because I think it'd be kind of cool because sometimes I know Alan on airplaness because I'm like, babe, Okay, so we're at twenty three thousand feet, this other plan's at twenty one. It looks like it's going like I'm like, they're gonnalye, should I go down the pilot? Okay, So that's what I was Actually, you're not going to save. I was like, no, no, no, I'm going to do one deck. I'm going to save like this one's coming.
Speaker 3: Literally. I was just about to say that to you, that doesn't make you nervous, but then I thought, I'm not going to plant the seed.
Speaker 2: Because that's not what you need. But you're already doing it your situation. Yeah, I mean, he just laughed. Every time we go on there, I'm already on there. Knock on the old pilot door. There's a plane coming at twenty four thousand, thank you. Thirty sixty. We weren't sure that was going to happen, you know, more for me at least a six egg definitely not thirty six feet. Sometimes anyway, okay, girls, we just we go all over, don't we? Does anybody want to go back to thirty thousand feet? Is there anything else we needed to catch up on days? Anyone else any updates?
Speaker 3: No lion at her first swim lesson. I'm pretty sure she's going to write to a therapist about me. I hate that feeling when they're crying and they're separated from you and they hate you. And she went up to the glass and made a whole spectacle.
Speaker 2: You guys.
Speaker 3: She got out and kept saying all done. I could see her mouth moving, and she walked up to the glass of the sea of people, and she was looking for me, and then she pointed straight you. She did, and I was like, this one hits different.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's the third.
Speaker 3: Or like yikes, yeah, yeah, sorry, yeah, well I this is every time I say I'd rather her be crying here than unsafe there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what we have to do payment to that, all right. So we've got a few things to discuss and whine about it. Someone has to unpin So you rock paper scissors, one of you two me not it? Not me, Kike cat.
Speaker 1: My problem is is I've talked about mine, so it's not going to be that interesting. People already to know the process anyway, keep going, What are we going to say no.
Speaker 2: And then there's also you know our wine. I actually have a wine from what happened to us in the airport, and I want to talk about it because we actually never talked about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what it is. Let's talk about it a lady in front of us. Oh oh that, let's do that instead of unpinning.
Speaker 2: That was unbelievable. I was uncomfortable. What I almost said something I want to say, getting nervous because boy, because she said something where I believe I make up that was her daughter. It was her daughter, Okay, and her daughter was ten eleven? Oh god, no, she's probably thirteen fourteen. I wouldn't think any more than thirteen. She's Emmy's age, if not older. Oka, wait where are you in the airport process? Sitting in the lounge and growing to They were also going to La TSA is usually where it starts for me. So that's why I went, yeah, yeah, no, no, this was this was lounge and I guess my wine about it and listen, this is like, this is a slippery slope because I'm I'm not trying to like mom. Shame sure. Having said that when she called her daughter a dummy, that bothered me first and foremost, Yeah, and I think it's because I'm super sensitive to two things that just happened with So my son Jace went to camp and he got called dumb and he was crying at camp. I mean it was like it broke my heart. Was the first time a kid has ever like said something mean to him, So that like broke my heart. And then also the other day too, Jolie made a choice about something, but she regretted her choice, and this is what we were happening. And then she was like, I'm an idiot and I was like no, Like I'm like and so I'm like, first of all, where did you hear that? Because it's like those aren't the words that we say in here, and so I couldn't. First and foremost was that that parent was saying like even though she was like joking, but like she was like, you're dummy, dummy, dummy, like said it like a couple of times, and then was like talking about she was saying all these other negative things, yeah, like really negative things where I'm like, is that age appropriate for you to be telling her about this cheating uncle?
Speaker 1: Like it was very abrasive and very she was very negative. Everything was night which I'm I mean, I'm I'm she was got better left and right. Every time the plane got delayed. I was like here it comes to like like she was like freaking out every time that part. I literally I sat there and I was like, would I have had that conversation with Emmy maybe just in a different way, which piece the conversation about the cheating uncle or whatever. Yeah, me and Emmy do have conversations like that, but this was the way.
Speaker 2: And it was like girlfriends talking like that sm P O s was you know, cheating on this one and the sick mother. Yeah, it was the way it was done.
Speaker 1: It was just all very abrasive, all very negative, and very public. Yes, very we were right there.
Speaker 2: That's why a few times I was like, oh boy, yeah yeah, because I'm like hello, right, you know, and then I just and then she I just felt I just felt bad because it just that negativity is like we they don't need any more negativity than they already see on their screens and this that and the other coming then from so it put it's hard because I'm I don't feel like mom shamed or like you're not trying to shame the mom, but it did make me uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: Image uncomfortable. Yeah, I think that's fair to say.
Speaker 2: But like to then speak that negatively to your kid, I'm like, that's they already have so much negativity going on at that age.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, yeah, I mean for sure, Yeah, no, absolutely, And I think that there's a there can be a time when they are a kid at that age is feeling a certain way, and that as moms we can be like, oh, I can't believe that, and we can get negative down in there with them, so they feel like you're kind of on their team, on their side, right or wrong. I don't know if that's right or wrong. Couldn't tell you, but I could think of the time where like Emmy's upset about something and so I'm like, yeah, I can't believe they did that, and you kind of get down in that negative part too, like.
Speaker 2: That's so hurtful.
Speaker 1: Right, But this child was barely speaking. She just sat there. She didn't really even respond to any of it. And that's the part I saw use like, this isn't a conversation really between two people.
Speaker 2: It's like she wanted to be best friend talking with her, or she wasn't responding.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I just felt bad for the yeah, the girl because I'm just like, but I just saw how negaive and honestly, it made me check myself to be like, Yep, I don't want to be that negative person around my kids because I saw, like you said, I watched her too to see how she reacted, and like she wasn't reacting in a really anyway, but not in an engaging way either. I was like, I don't want to be that. I don't want to be that parent to my kids. Yep, to be negatives like so it reminded me at least like, okay, a, the swearing was not great, so I'm like check that on my part, but also like the negative piece and then how how you know to talk to them, not the dumb dumb part. I was like, I just don't like any of that, Like you got to speak nice and wautiful words.
Speaker 1: I think it's good sometimes to hear stuff like that. If that's how she wants to be and that's how she wants to be with her and her daughter like more power, Like if that's how they're gonna I'm okay whatever, But for me, it's helpful to hear it and see what I don't like and what kind of hits me and go ooh and make me think about how I will handle situations with my kids.
Speaker 2: And there right now with the word yeah, I don't like it. I don't either, and I've said it a couple of times in front of my kids, but I don't know handful. I don't know if it's like where we grew up.
Speaker 1: I used to not cousin in front of my kids at all, and now that they've got car it comes out a lot more. But I try not to say that word.
Speaker 2: I slipped the S word a little bit like shit, like yeah, so I'm trying to do the yeah too.
Speaker 1: It's weird. I didn't do it for so long, and now that they're all like, I can remember kind of the first times I did them kind of looking at me like what. But I'm like you you're older.
Speaker 3: Come on.
Speaker 2: Has gotten better being around Alan, even though he says the ff thing, oh yeah, Even though he says that but like it doesn't he doesn't put language within just a regular sentence like I would just add swearards and not just like a normal vocabulary of just regular talking. But his is I've class set up a little bit more for sure with being with him because he's he's more classier I guess in that area. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also, the South just doesn't swear as much in my experience, Like I just.
Speaker 1: Don't that I would have been in so much trouble. Yeah, it's strange.
Speaker 2: I mean great, It's just like a foreign feeling. Yeah, so it was foreign for me the first couple of times I did. That's in front of like even the older ones, and I know they've heard all of it obviously, but I just I just didn't grow up that way.
Speaker 3: Well, it holds more of a punch too, and use it. Yeah, and you hold it tight and once in a while it comes out.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So that was my wine about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was it was rough.
Speaker 3: I kind of grew up in that we're gonna we're gonna pull out the pin, but not completely because it's similar. This pin is related, okay, in the negativity and the inviting that kind of negativity back in for like the unchanged people in your family. And so there's been hesitation for me to incorporate certain people back into my world because I do these temperature checks with them to like see like you know, do we have growth or progress. I'm not judging the progress, but I am really protective of what comes back into the space because I've given it a good amount of space. And that is a big part of it, because there's a lot of just really like it's kind of constant. It's part of the makeup of this person. I remember being in the mall with Love and this person, this family member, and you know, Love loves fast, so like she just like we don't walk through them all hardly ever, And so we were looking at the mannequins and the dresses. It was in Dillard's and there was a woman shopping near us, and I remember this family member going, oh, that's hideous, that's you know, and I and I just stopped Love and I said, somebody is going to feel really pretty when they put that dress on. And that's what's really special about that dress. Love, And I think it's cool that you like ruffles because it's, you know whatever, Like the empowerment someone gets when they put that on is going to be so special to them. Like, I just don't want that back in my world. And I'm that's the part where I'm struggling, and I will I think more go into more details time goes on on this podcast, probably, but like just still feeling it out. But that's a lot of my protecting myself right now.
Speaker 1: That negativity piece is so interesting because I think we all struggle with that, right, Like yeah, even like talking about clothes like oh that's ugly or something like that. You know, well we might think that, but somebody else may think it's beautiful and then create them. And that's a hard lesson And that's kind of part of my pin a little bit as well. And you know, teenagers growing up with kids that are super negative and trying to find your people that make you feel good and happy and not down and depressed because they're negative all the time. And that's kind of one of the things that we've been going through at our house is like you know, friendship breakups and realizing that like, yeah, they may have done X, Y and Z to you, but also recognize that, like this might not be your person because they are negative or they are not happy, not meaning that you shouldn't be there for them, but like it's bringing you down. So how how does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: And how?
Speaker 1: You know, there's it's a lot, it's a lot to deal with a lot of negativity, but as adults it still really creeps in on us too, you know, and especially if you're raised with it. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think a lot of it though, is the reflection of the other person, and that sometimes where it's like maybe she is going like that mom at the airport or whoever it is. It's like they're going through something that they're going through, and that's their way of either making themselves feel better or ignoring what they're going through. Like I know, in any anytime I have been negative, I can look and go it's because either it reminded me of something bad or I was not feeling confident in myself, and so what's the easiest thing to do? And that will you know, not be nice to somebody else or sure have thoughts about this because it's maybe makes that person feel better or yeah, I don't know, absolutely, And then you know, think about other relationships too. It's like, Okay, this person was saying this, but it's because it was their own reflection of themselves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a hard one to teach young people. Hell, it's a hard one for me to remember a lot of the time. It's so true, and we know that that's to be true.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like the mean people that write nasty comments, is there's something with them that they're Yes, they might not like us, and they're they have to be unhappy in some part of their life to be that negative towards somebody else and be dealing with something, whether it's they don't feel whatever it is that they don't feelly, they feel, might feel lesson or not enough or whatever it is that they feel like, then they have to go being mean is the best option?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, hard rewiring as an adult, I think is the trickiest part. It really is, and knowing, you know, like when you have space from that, then you go back in you're like, wow, it's like toxic, Like it feels so like so identifiable, so quick.
Speaker 2: But then.
Speaker 3: To try to change it the trajectory, I think, yeah, And I don't want a toxic positivity environment either. That's the other right, Like it's like we don't want to be so avoidant that we're not like acknowledging something hurts our feelings or we don't like something or whatever.
Speaker 1: But also, but I don't think that's negative. I don't think it's negative to speak up and say something hurts your feelings, you know, I think that I see that as as different, you know. I mean, like, I just had a conversation with a friend today that was just a really and I love her, but it's a really just negative. She was just and she's negative, negative, negative, And I was like, Okay, I don't have the energy for that right now, and so all I can do is match it with let's just think of the positive. Let's just trust this is going to work out the way that it should. Let's just be happy. And and she also didn't want to hear that right right then, but like, sometimes though, it can bring me down so much, yes, and bring me down to being negative too, that it's like I just I can't.
Speaker 2: I just it's hard. It's a misery. Loves Company is the same for a reason. Yeah. But also Amy had said something about the rewiring where you're at, and she's like, I know it's you know, not trying to be like that toxic positivity, but with the the gratitude stuff, it's really hard. She's like, if you do that every day for this my time, your brain actually does rewire. You're going, yeah, okay, no, this is good. Yeah, I'm not maybe where I want to be here, you know, whatever the case, but that you are, there are so many other beautiful things around you. Yes, and that's way. No, no, no, no, I think it's just grateful.
Speaker 3: But it is true because I think, isn't it Like I'm probably messing up this, But it's like scientifically impossible for you to be grateful and fearful at the same time, or grateful and worrisome at the same time. It's a teeter totter, so you can only really have like one. Yeah, yeah, it's good to know. Yeah, well, I'm.
Speaker 2: Glad that conversation was the same person that you told me about. There.
Speaker 1: Well, the person I was actually talking to today is not and it is a good friend and it's just a circumstance that she's she's feeling down about and I understand it. But I'm like, you're stuck there. But she can hear it, like I love it, like she can hear it. I'm like, hey, you're stuck here. Let's let's let's just we don't even know yet. Let's be happy. Let's you know, you have a talk today.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: No, I was like, yeah, I think it's related to her child. Too, and just you know, and it's again, she'll be fine tomorrow. She's just in that negative spot. But I was feeling myself like kind of meeting her there and I'm like, nope, I'm like, all right, let's just think positive, let's you know whatever. No, the situation with us is just you know, we've had you know, officially friendship breakup, you know that we were dealing with. Unfortunately, we're also friends and it has not been good for us.
Speaker 2: So the moms are friends, the kids are friends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, and like we travel together and we're not anymore, and you know, stuff like that. So it's been really and I don't want to talk about last week because like that had just happened. We had decided not to travel together. So I was like I'm going to cry, you know, Like I was just like it's too fresh. And then we just kind of had a situation where something floated around that a friend or an ex friend had sent of Emmy's that really embarrassed her and she was crying and she was upset, and I it just went to the parents and I was like, can y'all please like take care of this, you know, And it wasn't received well, and I understand because I was definitely coming from a mad place, but also like help me out place a protective place, for sure. And you know when children lie a lot and are not honest with their parents, but I know the truth. It's really hard because it's like I get you know, I got attacked back, like you don't know, this is not what happened, and I'm like, okay, you know. But then they come back and admit it later, you know that it that it did happen, and so it just was a really it was taking me to a negative place, for sure, and so it was one of those where we just have to step away from it. It's making us all unhappy, it's making the kids unhappy, it's making the moms unhappy. So we just have to agree to just separate for a while.
Speaker 2: And well that's hard to because you were friends with the mom. Yeah, yeah, it's hard. We were together all the time, you know, So that's it's hard. But every day I feel more peace about it in the sense I know that we'll be cordial.
Speaker 1: That's the one thing I know about this mom. She is not going to be mean to me. She's not going to you know, like when we see each other, it will be fine. We will be able to be around each other. I know all of that, and I'm thankful for that because, I mean, there's been things said on both sides that are hurtful, but I just I feel more peace every day knowing you know what this is. This is just kind of God's plan for us right now. But it does bring me to a question. It made me think about something. So have y'all ever heard I'm sure you have, but kind of like the whole saying about like friends are like a season like seasonal friends.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a reason a season or a lifetime they So does that.
Speaker 1: Bother y'all at all? Like have you ever had anyone say that to you, like when you're friends, Like when your friends are just seasonal, Kristen, they're just seasonal? Like would that bother you?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I think I'm a love delivering it though too. Yea, how they are. There's someone in our neighborhood that I could absolutely we're friends, but I we were both kind of making comments like she's she's a wife of a coach, she will leave right right, and so we yes, we're friends, but it's not it is a season friend because it's not tight enough to like, we're most likely never going to hang out unless she comes right back to Nashville when they move, right. Does that makes sense? That makes sense? Yeah, so I think. But if one of you guys said that's me, that would break my heart because I think we're life life life time life, right life. Yeah, I think it's it's how it's it's where the friendship is at, right when that person says it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so we had So this story is kind of obviously a lot of this is with cheer moms, but we're together so much and we've all, you know, become friends.
Speaker 2: So there is one that did turn out to be seasonal. A couple of years ago.
Speaker 1: She always said that, and it always took me back because I'm like, no, like, what are you talking about. We'll always be friends. It doesn't matter if she's on a different team, we live in the same town, it doesn't matter. Like always though, it was always Nope, friends are seasonal, they're seasonal.
Speaker 2: Sounds like she's a little protective for herself. She is, Yeah, she is, and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I very much recognized it as a coping you know, in her, And turns out, yes, she was very clear, we were seasonal, we're no longer friends, which is fine, great, right, that's wild. Well, then this friend that I just had this situation with threw that out there when we were talking. She's like, well, I guess it's a different season, and I was like, oh, okay, and that's just great.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just really took that as Wow. I didn't think that you really bought into that too, you know. I mean I didn't say that, but in my mind, I'm like wow, because like that always bothered all of us that she said that. But she was like, yeah, no, she's right, they're seasonal. So it was like, okay, guess our season's over too. But I just thought, like, have y'all ever had I just didn't know if y'all ever had anyone tell you that. It's always been just a little bit of a I get that there's the truth to that once the season is over, but saying to a current friend just never felt good to me. It always felt like you very much planned for us to just be friends for a season. So why do I want to put in all this work into a friendship if you're already saying it it's just seasonal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, It's like when you're dating the guy and you know you're not going to marry him, what's the point.
Speaker 2: Right, you know what I mean? Yeah, like, yeah, it's a good question, and you raise a really good point. And I'm just thinking of kind of our you know, I think our you know, queen as everyone's very busy, we get together as much as we can. I think we because of the relationships that we have, we are we will always just like my high school friends, like we'll be lifelong friends, right. But I think in the forties, especially people that come in maybe some of them are truly just seasonal ones or just the sports ones. Like I have a girlfriend that I love, but I'm not going to go out of my way to hang out with her when I'd rather hang out with and I but I would see her. We're sports friends right right, because our kids love each other and we hang out. So I think, you know, there's that is a season, yeah, and the actual baseball season, yeah, you know, truly fall ball season.
Speaker 1: But I do think there is some truth to it, for sure, I just think. But there's also like it doesn't have to do so all or nothing. I think that's what I don't like about that.
Speaker 2: Same like you need to say it though, right, I know we know it, but we don't have to say because that's saying it, I think is the hurtful. Right.
Speaker 3: They also don't have to fit into three categories, you know, Like I love our friendships for a lot of reasons, right.
Speaker 1: I think they can like EBB and flow and they can't go different seasons and stuff like that or whatever. But I don't know, it's just the intentionality behind it from the get go.
Speaker 2: I'm just like, no, I'm sure that would would. I don't like that feelings. And also you kind of know who you're going to maybe start hanging out with, why or not? And right, but I feel like by this point you have your core group. Yeah, your peeps, Yeah, yeah, for sure. Also very red flaggy. Yeah, I don't like it. Well, I'm sorry, kits.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's you know, it'll it'll be fine, It'll be good in the end. It's just I mean, obviously feel worse for her daughter than you know, myself, But it does make it kind of uncomfortable for everybody.
Speaker 2: That's a tricky piece though, because I think about, you know what if our daughters there's a riff between her, you know, Harlow or I mean raims. They don't hang out as much, but like you know, if something would happen or and then it's like how that then affects the relationship between the friend We already kind of talk. I don't know if we talked about it on here, if it was just friend chat.
Speaker 3: But like birthday parties, Yeah, and they get to the age where they're like, yeah, they invite they pick the people they want to invite it, and you're like, well what about them?
Speaker 2: You know that's tricky through all of this.
Speaker 1: Just so y'all know, like protection mechanism for me is a major one with Ramsey, like her best friend, Like we're friends, but like I keep a little bit of distance because I can't I could. I could not do this again. I mean I could not do this again. That's why I am thankful for y'all though, because they don't go to school together. They don't, you know, so like they're not just always together. They're not.
Speaker 2: So if there was like a little bit of a thing, it would be so easy to like it's not like a big falling out, Like they don't go to school together. You know, all those dating the same boys and That's why, even like sports together stuff like that. I have been so hesitant with Ramsey in that sense doing this over because I feel like I did her a disservice by them being together all the time, or both of us yea, and then being involved and you know all those things. I also feel like you can't help that though, too.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of inevitable, especially when you're traveling. Yeah, it just can be too much at times. So yeah, anybody, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think we both slightly unpinned. You're the only one that's not.
Speaker 2: We didn't even didn't a little I did. Last week. I was trying to pull something else out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I thought, yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 2: Teddy mellin camp. Cozy's up to a mystery man amid cancer treatment and divorce from husband Edwin. She's been spotted cozying up to her new mystery man on a walk in Encino, California. Did you guys see the photo? On her podcast? They were talking and saying, yes, I'm dating a guy. And yesterday we went on a walk and went to Gelson's. Then we went to the mall to pick up Slade's graduation dress. He is very kind and he's been helping her. It's private, private person, doesn't have any kids. He's taking good care of me. He's nice, he's not married. She added, that's good, just really really clarifying there. Yeah, so I kind of my thoughts on this is I love a man that comes in.
Speaker 1: Like that. You know.
Speaker 2: I also think of like Katie Thurston's husband, who they ended up getting married early because she's also got cancer and do you guys know who she is. She was one of the Bachelor Girls, bachelorette, sorry, she was the bachelorette. And you know, men that come in during that, I think they're just incredible to be there and to be a safe place for women. I even think of the same thing about, you know, men like Alan who come after you know a girl has been hurt really bad sure or you know, been through a bad relationship. So I have a lot of Kelsey Ballerini actually has a song to the to the men who love women after heartbreak. You know, I think there's something so beautiful about that type of man that can come and be such a support and loving, comfortable, you know, comfortable place for them. That's my thoughts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really happy for her too.
Speaker 2: She's wonderful. Yeah, and she's going through so much and so hard, and it seems like Edwin's being great and being helpful and so thank God for that. I mean, they've got these kids together. And then to have someone that she feels like like, I'm I'm I mean that's huge.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and life is again we go to this like life is so short and yes, and everyone just and everybody just get along. Yeah, exactly, especially in those kind of times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think just yeah, I mean imagine how tired spiritually physically to have any any newness is probably I mean even chemistry right biologically, that's got to be so good for her body.
Speaker 2: Yeah, give her some life, yeah, just like a little yeah. Yeah, yes, I know, I say, can everyone get along? But I me and my ex go back and forth, but there's it's.
Speaker 3: Everyone who's healthy get along. That would be my statement. Okay, too much, she said it. She always does. She's protesting it. It's very hard to co parent.
Speaker 2: It's hard to co parent with someone you can't trust, you know, and it repeats patterns. So it's that's you know, yep, it can't. It's not all sunshine and butterflies. You know, co parenting is tough in general, so but in this instance, I'm very happy for them because you know, she's they uh, she's going through a lot, so positivity I think also helps and heals, yes, all things. Anyways, enough about that. Chris Jenner reveals Kylie Jenner's breast surgeon did her what did her first face lift? Chris Jenner is hyping up the plastic surgeon who was behind her face lift fourteen years ago. Okay, wait time out. Didn't she just get a facelift? She did something she did.
Speaker 1: I think this one is referencing her first one, though not this.
Speaker 2: One, So you have to do more than one facelift.
Speaker 1: I think they definitely can go because like my mother in law, I think that's fine to say has had.
Speaker 2: One in about seven days. We're all gonna know.
Speaker 1: But like I mean, it definitely starts to change, yeah, because if they're referencing the one that yeah she said fourteen years ago, Oh yeah, no, she just had a new one.
Speaker 2: And have you seen the pictures? Yeah? I was confused and who she was.
Speaker 1: To be honest, we were talking, we were playing car was just here.
Speaker 2: Guys. Can we talk about that?
Speaker 1: I know, I'm so upset.
Speaker 2: She was with Maggie. She played beer pong with Maggie. She was that my friendie Maggie Maggie Walsh. Oh what yeah, I text hers top everything where she's so nice. It was like she was amazing. It was my girlfriend. They own that. I was like, what about it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but we were talking about it and I was saying it and wonder my friend's death.
Speaker 2: She was just so.
Speaker 1: Funny because she was like, oh, yeah, cool, she got a face lift, blah blah blah. And I'm like showing this back up. She's like, yeah, okay, cool. So it's like her and Kim.
Speaker 2: She's like not into she was not into it.
Speaker 1: And I go, that is not Kim Beth and she goes, wait what it was? Her like, weird it is again I'm all about aging gracefully and like whatever, but I have never seen anything.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 1: It's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: No, Like it was like a weird feeling for me. Yes, I was like, wait, like.
Speaker 1: Does have happened? I know it's unbelievable. Also, like I want to know who did this one?
Speaker 2: The first one? I don't know.
Speaker 3: I guess I'm I'm not very tuned in to them right now at all or many things. No, no, this isn't like I'm not Kardashian shaming. It's fine, I'll get plenty of those message. Oh no, no, because I love a good Kardashian moment.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 3: I just haven't been as tuned in alger than probably right, so it feels like I haven't. I just saw Chris recently in my brain. But then all of a sudden, I'm like, where is time different for these people?
Speaker 1: Like unreal?
Speaker 2: They just go away for like ten minutes, I feel like, and come back with a new face.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing I've I think she's stunning beautiful.
Speaker 2: Before she always thought like I think she's a beautiful woman. I do think she's stunning, and just the way she keeps herself like she's so lover. Yes, I always say like, I'm obsessed with Christian. I don't think she's fantastic, but I thought she was beautiful before the facelift.
Speaker 1: I did two facelifts. Corey's like twelve.
Speaker 3: I don't, I don't know. But I'm also like, at some point is she going to start?
Speaker 2: Wait?
Speaker 1: I mean, Corey's so young.
Speaker 2: Is he thought he's not? Yeah? How old is he? Oh?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but he's definitely probably.
Speaker 2: Thirty years got to google around her head. There's no always don't know way he's thirty, No, forty four, thirty years younger, but maybe forty four. Yeah, I thought he was in his forties. I mean yeah, I mean, because I'm just like, yeah, this, I mean, I think she's just she's so beautiful. I you know, it's hard because if you got the money and I want to look younger. I love that people. I love that they talk about it at least. I love that they're opened about it and they're like, yeah, I have a facelift. I mean, surely she's I don't know if she's actually talked about this one, but there's literally no way to deny this one. I don't even know how she is her daughter now, and I haven't in which one make a daughter.
Speaker 1: She looks like every different daughter, every which way.
Speaker 2: Then again, though, stem cells are really doing a thing.
Speaker 1: I mean, and maybe it was her face, maybe it was something else, and maybe that's why it looks so good. Because maybe it's not an actual facelift. I don't know, let me know I mean because it's unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked.
Speaker 1: I'm in shocked by this as I haven't done botox in like a year.
Speaker 2: Would you guys ever do a facelift?
Speaker 1: No, I would neither. I would never put a knife to my face.
Speaker 2: I never know. With me, I kind of feel like you would.
Speaker 1: Oh you would do anything, Oh in a good way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't. I'm like, I'm not scared of that stuff.
Speaker 3: No, I'm more scared of surgery. Injections don't scare me as much. Surgery is where I am tough. I would do boobs first, probably boobs are knowing before i'd facelift. I just am I am like I also have just been like recent, I've just been so in the deep dive of like internally the things that help us that can like just bring out like a use full glow and like help us support our collagen and blah blah blah. Like I'm more into that than I am like surgery. And also I've just seen so many that are not great.
Speaker 1: And I mean, if I were her, if I and I had Christianner's money, then maybecause you know you're getting top of you know, all that cream of the crop, like I can't, like with the money I got like a group bond, you know, Like again, is money can really make you pretty?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Right, right, you can look pretty with the money.
Speaker 2: Having said that, did you happen to see any of the d ms from that one baiting suit, because someone did say, well with all them, with with the money and the plastic surgeries, anyone can look like that. And I'm like, yes, I have my boobs done, but besides that, like I don't have a trainer, Like, yeah, I don't do botox, you workout well, I mean I also don't negate that. Yeah, But so that's my point. So I was like, why did you have to go straight to she has money plastic surgery? That was not cool to me.
Speaker 1: No, you've done nothing to make yourself look prettier, like I.
Speaker 2: Got my boobs done.
Speaker 1: That isn't like making you know what I'm saying, I'm just saying that sounds how do I say without being.
Speaker 2: Sound judgmental, like that you can really change a face. Sure, and money and stuff too, right, but you've never done any of that. But that's what people automatically go to, is like, well, you know, and that was the comment because it was my friend Kelly Krueger had been like damn girl or something, or like m body goals or something like, you know, one of those things, and they're like, yeah, with with money and plastic surgery, like you just have it too people.
Speaker 1: Being negative and it's secure.
Speaker 2: Actually I wanted a tummy talk Alan straight up wouldn't let me love him so much? Did you want one? Later? Yeah, I wanted him. I wanted a mommy. I've always wanted one. I forgot you did always want one. I've always about it in a long time. The doctor talked you out of you like brought it up at one point with with doctor when I was doing my mAbs, He's like, you could. He's like, but you know, this is what we can do. And then he's like, basically I didn't know if I was done with I mean, I was right right, yeah, yeah, but he's like, you know, try actually working out. I didn't work out to the best of the ability then, and so that's a funny sentence though, I know, but we're actually working out.
Speaker 3: As if you've always been like a fit, well, especially because you are fit, you're a runner.
Speaker 2: Like you're always active. But when I was pregnant, with Roman. I was like, I really want to get a mommy talk and Alan was like, no, so's his reasoning. One of his friends that he played with his wife died because she got sepsis.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had a friend who almost like it was close.
Speaker 2: And I was like, and I have a friend who looks great tricky and she looked enough to scare me as my problem. Yeah, but you know I also so now I'm glad I didn't do it. Having said that, when we go back, I super digress, but I story of our lives. We should actually rename this podcast. Uh, you know, get whatever you want to get. I understand why Alan was like, know about it, and now I'm looking back, I'm you know, I am glad I didn't get it, because if we do have a friend that did get it, and she's got a lot of scar tissue and she hates it. So I want everywhere we have a lot of young listeners, I just want to say this to them in this moment, Please appreciate your beautiful young bodies. Yes, because I went through our attic spaces and I might have mentioned this to you guys, but I went through our addic spaces and the photos I found and how hard I was on myself at those times I should have been walking around naked NonStop. I was stunnying collegen boobs are high booty, like I mean, just and I was so hard on myself. So I want everyone in this moment to just be so freaking proud of yourself but also.
Speaker 1: Older and yourself. What do you like stay positive about?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I mean like I just don't think I appreciated, you know, like I've been recently trying to reframe the body piece for me as like, because this postpartum has just been a struggle. I lost all the muscle and dreaming the muscle and I'm getting the weight back, and it's like what size am I? And I can't go through my closet because everything's changing. And then I busted out of the dress. You know that this wasn't good for anybody, but I just am like going, but ten years from now, this body is banging, you know, like I'm going to be like, why didn't you just wear the swimsuit? So I just do what I want now, which is freedom, But I wish I could have and part of it could just be the era we grew up in which was. I mean, listen, it's like, everyone raise your hand if you've had an eating disorder. Like it was just rampant for our generation specifically. I don't know what it is like now, but so it was like you're battling that and the magic diet pills and all the things that just didn't support a healthy view of a body. Ever was like nothing was ever good enough. And now I'm going man like I wanted. I wish I would have just appreciated that body more, you know, not been so hard on her because she was cute.
Speaker 2: And she still does that have, you know, like for my the areas that I was self conscious of when you look into what maybe is an inflaming you Like when I did my gut stuff, I'm like, I realized I didn't need to do it anymore because I targeted what was actually going on and why I was inflamed the way that I was inflamed. And then we just get so used to being inflamed, and I think we think it's regular. It's a weird feeling, and now without it, it's like whow alex Kiper gets emotional as she opens up about trying to have a baby with husband Matt Kaplin. Did any of you guys watch it? So I thought it was great because she basically they had a plan and now they're not. She's like, I'm thirty, and you know, then you start thinking about the timeline and freaking out, and then realizing her she's hotter than ever. You know, she's got her new Hulushu show coming out, She's obviously got called her Daddy Podet. I mean, she's she's killing it, and then going wait a minute, like I want to enjoy this too, but I'm thirty and this but this wasn't our plan. We talked about having a baby now, and so I think just you know, she was saying too, it's not the plan that we talked about and that we agreed upon. Now I'm doubting myself and second guessing everything. I started to get so anxious and panicked, and I started to feel like it was all just getting away from me and I'm losing precious time. It's this all encompassing, overwhelming feeling. I know in my gut I need more time. And so I think when anyone says I know in my gut, I need more time, like for us women, and I'll say this like our gut is the most powerful tool that we have. Absolutely a lot of times I didn't listen to it, but now like that is it's always like no, I don't and if I don't know what to do, then I do nothing, you know, Yes, So discernment is everything, and we know it's a trust pushing because their plan was to go ahead and have a baby.
Speaker 1: But she's feeling like she needs to wait. Yeah, got it good.
Speaker 2: She's thirty, got plenty of time. That's a thing, too, plenty of time. Funny people.
Speaker 1: I hate that pressure that you know, even feels that pressure like she's.
Speaker 2: I did when I was thirty.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's crazy how you look back and it was thirty and yeah I had a baby with a man that chated. I was like, well I'm now thirty one. Shoot, I need to have kids or my eyes are going to dry up. Because especially ten years ago, yeah, women weren't having like not that I heard of babies in their forties. Yeah now it's pretty common. Yeah now, I feel like it's way more common back then when we were just having Jolie. It's like someone's thirty eight and having a baby.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean I didn't even have love till I was thirty four, So yeah, right, like I mean, and I just feel but I do remember my hometown friends, Yes, when I hit thirty and I was married at the time to someone else, and I remember them being like, you've been together forever, why aren't you guys? And I just they like thought I was going they were going to expire, that I wasn't going to be able to have children. I'm like, it's okay, I'm fine. I had an odd sense of no pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think it's a good good time for women knowing that they can have babies later on. Like I know someone who, funny enough, is actually my ex's ex girlfriend from like back in college, and she's freezing her eggs right now, you know. So it's like we have those yeah, abilities to be able to do that. It's like, don't rush for the wrong one just to have a family.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I agree.
Speaker 2: So and with with her, it's like, enjoy the success that's going on. You'll have more time to chill. And she clearly wants to have a baby, just not right now. Awesome. And if you decide you don't want the end, okay, fine too. Yeah, there's this like wild thing that you have to have one or the other too. Yeah, you know right now, Like you can't be a great mom and be successful, and you can't want a career and be be the mom that you want to be. It's like I this isn't me saying we can have it all, but I just think we can do things that still make us happy and feel great and celebrate our successes. Yeah, and it's gonna make you better mom if you can enjoy that now, agreed, ladies. I've got a question about cousins and play time with littles. I've got a niece who is four years old and my son is two years old. When they play together, she shows bad behavior like screaming, hitting, and not listening to adults. My son's just too and I worry he's picking up on some of the not so great behaviors, but not all of it is horrible. They do have fun together, and I think it's good for him to be around other kids. I do step in and regulate when I see the behavior with my own eyes, especially if she's hitting my son. How can I settle my worries about spending time with his cousin? Do you think I should say something to my sister in law, kat, I think you have an opinion.
Speaker 1: Well not a strong one. I think that you're doing the right thing first of all, by stepping in when needed and regulating still allowing them to play. I mean, I don't unless it's really bad behavior or something that's suspicious. I don't know that you should necessarily not allow them to play. But I think that if you see something that you don't like, maybe get permission from the sister. I don't know how how that is, but to kind of say, hey, we don't hit or whatever it is. So then the two year old sees also like that there is a repercussion for it. I don't think that that's a terrible thing maybe for them to see.
Speaker 2: Also, it doesn't last forever, I think sometimes so stages are so crazy. It's so wild West in stages.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like she could be great in a week, you know, like it could just be a thing that's something shouldn't Yeah, just like a little space maybe like you don't I mean, if someone's not also with them, they're not living with you, that's different.
Speaker 1: Too, right.
Speaker 2: But I also think this plays into just on a sidebar of people we have maybe stopped hanging out with because I'm like, I don't want my kids parenting their kids, and it's also different parenting, and so it's hard to then be friends with someone when yeah, when it's not like, it's not trying to judge the parenting, But the same time, I don't want my kids to see that too, So you've I have rewrap did certain friendships for the kids, primarily because I don't want my son or my daughter seeing that as being okay and then not then said like, hey, please stop you know or something you know, or or to be how it's the word for them to acknowledge that it's not a good bayor.
Speaker 1: And I think that it's a slippery slope to say you're not judging. You're obviously not judging, but it is still our job as parents to be in somewhat control of what we can and who were around and who they're around and what they see parent how you want a parent. But that does not mean that I have to be around for it. That does not make me a judgmental person. I think sometimes we get a little sensitive to that and we're afraid that people are. But if you're going to be parenting different than me, and we're going to be spending all this time with you. That's probably not in the end going to work out because you don't want your child making those And that is for all ages. I mean that continues till later on when they're starting to make some really bad decisions and you're like like, ooh, you're parenting a different way than me. I don't want my kid going down that path. Your kid's going down this path, So you have to make those kind of decisions. I do think at these ages though, like two and four, I think as long as you're stepping in and kind of regulating when the behavior is not, I think that it's still yeah fine.
Speaker 3: And sometimes they can go in the opposite way too, like when you step in and parent a certain way, and it can show another parent to have the courage to do that. Yeah, you know, absolutely, But.
Speaker 2: There is also we had something that happened with a neighborhood boy who comes over and plays with Jas and I actually I primarily only let them play over here because I want to be the eyes and he's a little bit older too, and so the play dates happen here. But there's some things that happen and it's like, hey, buddy, in this house, we don't say this. That's right. In this house, we use kind words. In this house, we don't do what that just So, if you're cool with that, you can stay here and play. But if that continues, you won't be allowed to play with him anymore. And so I've had to have those conversations, you know, with him, and if it happens again, well then he knows he's out because something did happen one time where I was like, hey, you won't be allowed to come back over here if if that happens again, he said, I'm sorry, you know, but he also didn't know that that was not acceptable.
Speaker 1: I'll start to know your rules. H Wait, so they get I'm okay to be that mom. I do it all the time. I got kids come in my house all the time. I look at them and they're teenagers. I'm like, you know that is not tolerated my house. Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, mis Catherine. I'll never do it again. Like you have the rules if you're going to come in my house. I have rules in my house, and you can abide by them or you can go hang out with somebody else. So you can go home.
Speaker 2: We called a date the other day.
Speaker 3: I called the play date the other day because Legend had a friend, and I said, it just was like, this kid is in kind of a loop right now, and I'm like, okay, So finally, I just.
Speaker 2: Said, but are you ready to head home?
Speaker 3: Just feels like you're not really having fun here and he was like no, and I said, well, like then we need to, like, yeah, let's switch it up.
Speaker 1: But I also expect this same sure if my kids are at someone's house and I tell my kids that all the time. Now their rule pamas ye Jolie before yeah, I'm like, you follow their rules. Having said that, if their rules are less stringent, my rules still apply.
Speaker 2: Yes, right.
Speaker 1: So that's another thing that's been interesting, Like somehow in my kid's world, I'm the only mom that says they cannot be in a bedroom with the opposite sex. Don't believe I'm the only mom, but I don't.
Speaker 3: It's probably rare thought.
Speaker 2: I would think you're the rarity. Yeah, to be honest from my experience, yes, I don't care. So I'm also so Julie said the same thing because I won't let her sleep over at someone's house. Because they have the older brother. And I'm like, I'm sorry, you cannot sleep over there. She's more than welcome to sleep over at our house. But and again, that little boy is probably the old older brother is in middle school. It's probably he's he's such a sweet kid, and I still don't allow it. I don't want that to happen. I don't know if he's going to have a friend come over. I don't know the other people like no.
Speaker 1: So many to that. I've told my girls all the time, if someone can you good for them, spend the night because you have an older brother, we respect that, you know.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: If I have to leave and Cayden is watching a kid, that kid, no matter what, cannot stay, cannot be in the house. I'm not putting a hymn in that position. I'm not putting another kid in position. We have so many rules about that, yep.
Speaker 2: But so with the like whatever, you know, I'm like, I don't care at that point what that parent's rules are.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 1: My rule is still that you don't go into a bedroom alone with with the opposite sex. You know, that's just that rule applies. There's several of those, but that's a very good example, so I'll never forget. Not long ago, Emmy was at a friend's house and it was a group of them, but the mom was working in the bonus room, so she sent them all into this girl friend's room.
Speaker 2: But there were also boys.
Speaker 1: So Emmy literally sat the door was opened, she sat outside of the bedroom for her and she like sent us videos and like their friends were all and I'm like, there you go, and no one's making fun of you. They're like laughing about it, and y'all are like hanging out. But like I was like, rule still is a plus? Still apply? That's right.
Speaker 2: So to this listener, good on you for you know, watching and seeing and this is just going to lead you onto the older ages and and uh it's you know, mama bear instincts and just does she have to say anything to step at the sister in law like you said, like like.
Speaker 1: I mean, I think if she feels like she is not getting the permission to step in, if she needs to, maybe, but she'll follow, she'll see what she's doing exactly.
Speaker 2: All right, ladies, this is fun, love y'all. Where will our adventures take us next week? Oh man, stay tuned. I have a pin for next week. Oh oh another one. What's it called m Starbucks go Rendez Latte extra.
Speaker 3: We'll pin it all right, keyword flyaway, Oh, I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Stay duned, bye bye,