S1: This is a mini font cast a bite sized chunk containing some of our favorite moments from the last full episode of the podcast.
S2: We went forwards and then went backwards on the last week, and directly as a result of the launch of the AFL team on the Monday night, you.
S1: Went backwards.
S3: Because of the launch of the AFL team? Yes, despite being the party that's been the strongest supporter of the AFL team.
S2: Explains might be revelation to you guys. Not to not to David because he agrees with me, the stadium and yet the the biggest pile of stinking poo in this state. The stadium politically really, uh, and very refreshing. We spent the this has been my view all along. I think the record will show this. Um, of course, we spent the entire campaign variously trying to polish that turd or to cover it up and disguise it with various other pieces of shiny announcement, so it wasn't talked about.
S3: So therefore you don't buy in to some people's view, and certainly not mine, that the overwhelming support for the team equates to an overwhelming support for the stadium.
S2: Well, no. In fact, again, our vote went backwards in the last week because what that launch did was bring to the fore that issue. And as a result, many, many more people went to the ballot box thinking about that rather than thinking about what we wanted to talk about, was think about because a majority government.
S3: And is there any chance in the world your vote went backwards in the last week because last Sunday you came out and Undemocratically said, if you disagree with the Liberal Party, you'll be kicked out of Parliament. No, really got just wall to wall. Great feedback on that idea.
S2: Um, when.
S3: Will we see that enshrined? Well, when.
S2: It passes the parliament, I presume. Alex.
S3: You're going to stick with that one.
S2: The entire 2030 strong plan cap here.
S3: Includes.
S2: Non-negotiable.
S3: You can includes making people cap in hand. The plank of the plan.
S2: Well, um.
S3: What will be the threshold when Eric Abetz votes votes against conversion conversion therapy or I think.
S2: Yeah, that is a very long bow, Alex. I don't think it was made clear in the campaign that that is not the threshold. The threshold is easy for you, I don't know, quit your party to join another party or be an independent, which is what happened.
S3: And that's it. I hate to agree, but I will, uh, on the stadium, I'll offer a piece of weak data.
S2: Yes, I've got a weak correlation.
S3: Yeah, the swing against the liberals was strongest the further you got from the stadium. Sam.
S2: Dada. Wow.
S3: So, um, in Lyons, the swing against the liberals. Tell me if I've done the maths wrong. 13.6%. Um, in Barada in in bass 21.85%. Correct. That's where the alternate games would be played. Our stadium wasn't built where the.
S2: Stadium wasn't being built. One of the.
S3: Pipe. Yeah. And in Braddon 11.9. That confounds the the sort of straight line the further you get from home. There was a.
S2: Premier factor there.
S3: The less the stadium there was. Um, you know whereas in Clark and Franklin, minus four, minus eight.
S2: There you go.
S3: There's your, there's your. Um, there's some dialogue going to add.
S2: To that writing style, uh, which came in from the field via a candidates that it was the number one issue on the doors north of Baghdad.
S3: That's right. It's funny. I mean, I got anecdotal evidence there was a problem for labor on the doors down here as well. So maybe the both things can be true. I think it was a problem for labor.
S2: There's another position that was their problem.
S3: Well, they didn't they certainly didn't benefit from their anti-stadium stance. No, they didn't benefit. So what does that mean then. Well, well hang on.
S2: We'll come to that. But um, to be clear, um, it was the biggest single drag on the Liberal campaign was the stadium. There was this this election campaign was about one thing. It was the stadium. It just wasn't said out loud. But it was the main issue in this campaign. Two parties that gained votes and gained seats were clearly against the stadium, the Lambies and the Greens. And you cannot argue with that. Yep. If the Labor Party had have had a clear, strong position against it from the start, if Rebecca White had stood on Macquarie Point every single day and said, I hate this thing, and then every second day said, I'm going to build this hospital instead of that thing. Labor would be in government today.