Speaker 1: Try the Peloton app for free and access classes for every type of runner. Whether you're training for your first race or you're a seasoned pro. From outdoor runs and intervals to strength, yoga, and stretching, you'll find the perfect fit for every part of your routine. Whether it's a long run day or you just need a quick five- minute reset, the Peloton app meets you where you are and helps you become a stronger, faster runner because it's designed for someone like you. Try the app free for 30 days and download it now from the app store or Google Play. Terms apply. Peloton, the official digital fitness partner for New York Road Runners.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Set The Pace presented by Peloton. My name's Carrie Tollefson, I'm an Olympian and a member of the broadcast team, and today's special episode is with the champions from today's Mastercard New York Mini 10K. On today's episode, we have 2025 Mastercard Mini 10K Champion Hellen Obiri. We also have six- time wheelchair champion Susannah Scaroni. And today in second place she ran the fastest American time ever at the Mastercard New York Mini 10K, we have Weini Kelati and let's get after it. Okay, Helen. Oh, my. Okay. Today you got to crack the tape of the 10K. You didn't have to run like 26 miles, you just had to run six. How does it feel?
Speaker 3: I felt so good. Winning was amazing to me. Seeing how my leg will be doing 6. 2 miles. So honestly I say it was tough, but I made it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you did make it. So let's talk about the race a little bit. You were up in that pack, not necessarily pushing the pace for the early stages, but you were there. Talk us through the first 5K. What were you thinking?
Speaker 3: Before my mind I was like, let me try to hang out with the ladies because honestly for me, I like the pace when I push the pace, but it doesn't tell me, now this time try to be patient.
Speaker 2: We were talking about your sub- 2 800, I mean it's been a little while. When was the last time you ran a competitive 800 meters?
Speaker 3: Even I can't remember, more than 10 years ago.
Speaker 2: But I mean it's pretty amazing. This was before the super shoes, Hellen, and you ran sub- 2 and then now you have run so fast for the marathon. Is it 217?
Speaker 3: 217, yes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is amazing. You did that in Boston and you've won here in New York, you've won in Boston, you've won Olympic and World Championship medals. What is there left that you really want to do? Is it just that every time you tow the line you love competing?
Speaker 3: For me, what comes into my mind, I say there are so many people watching in (inaudible) and when I'm start line I would say I'm the best and I'm here to give out my best and honestly if I (inaudible) , I try to do my best, so I give out my best.
Speaker 2: Oh, I wish we all live like that in life. If we could just say when we're in a boardroom that we are the best, think of that. That's pretty cool that you believe that and you run that way with 800 meters to go today. You are still in a pack, but you and Weini were starting to move. I guess it was at a mile to go. You were still in a pack and then Weini kind of put some separation. The mind was still calm or were you starting to feel a sense of urgency to get going?
Speaker 3: My mind was like Weini is good. Oh, my. Weini is here with me. She's a track runner and I'm a marathoner. I'm coming from a tough marathon of course, but for the last one week I've been doing good speed work. Weini's got a very good speed work.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: And Laura was there with me saying, "Hellen, you got this." And then for me, I got in my mind I do so well speed work, so I have my legs to kick because I did 400 of what was called 365 a marathon.
Speaker 2: Oh, nice.
Speaker 3: So I said I have everything to take this one. So I didn't want to wait until the end because I know this a hopping and then go straight. So for me, I say I'm not good at hopping, so I'll try not to go between hopping. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How hard is that? I think even the life lessons that this sport teaches us is so amazing, but for you to know that you could have taken that lead and potentially have won the race anyway. But because you and Coach Nathan or Coach Kelsey or Laura, whoever was talking with you before the race, they said, " We want you to be patient. We want you to sit." How hard is that as an athlete, as a person to just follow what they say and to sit?
Speaker 3: Sometimes I'm impatient.
Speaker 2: I know, we've heard that many times, Hellen Obiri is impatient.
Speaker 3: For me what on mind, sometimes I'm also impatient even doing everything, I'm also impatient to do. I need to finish this one, I need to do it. So today I say I need to be disciplined myself to be patient. So there's a time I wanted to push the pace and then I looked at my watch, it was six point something K. I said, " Can I go?" And if I go and if the release respond, maybe I can just roll it back. But they said, " No." I don't want to be at this meter because in Boston I learned the hard way. So today I want to run the soft way.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean that's important I think. What are you most proud of today in your race?
Speaker 3: I can say winning first because what was in my mind, it's like I've won marathon here, I have a marathon here. So the thing was playing in my mind, can you also go on this one? So doing here three times, it was amazing for me and being the race for women only, I said even if I'll just inspire so many women outside there. So because there were more than 10,000 women. So if I won there, so because I've won here, I think I've just inspired so many women.
Speaker 2: That's really cool. What would be really inspiring? If you came to the Fifth Avenue mile.
Speaker 3: Let me tell you, I didn't know. So many people knew me in Central Park. So many people were telling me, "Obiri, just go, you got this." So that one... There's another kid, I think was seven years, she called me by name and then she told me, " You're the best. I love you." Oh my goodness, that was (inaudible) in my mind.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 3: I keep saying I love you. (inaudible) say it's amazing.
Speaker 2: We do love you. I mean it is so fun to watch you run.
Speaker 3: I don't (inaudible) my mind, my health to see that kid.
Speaker 2: Yes, but back to the question, will you ever run the Fifth Avenue mile?
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: Oh, shoot. I was trying Sam and Dorian, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: I wish I could try that one when I was track maybe 10 years ago I could be done so well.
Speaker 2: You can maybe do it as a master's runner.
Speaker 3: But now I think I will try maybe next year to go back and try (inaudible) speed. I think my legs...
Speaker 2: I think you got it.
Speaker 3: Those ladies can kill me because... If I need to come here, I need to be my best shape ever because I need to learn (inaudible) for 20.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 3: Which is hard to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it is hard. But we love watching you race. What do you do to celebrate today's win?
Speaker 3: So today I'm going to go out with the team to take some lunch and 10 hour travel to see my family.
Speaker 2: Oh, your husband and Tanya waiting for you at home?
Speaker 3: Tanya was watching me saying like, " Mom, you got this, I was watching you." So we say, "You wake up two times?" She said, "Yes, I have to watch you." So she told me, " You're the best mom."
Speaker 2: Oh, you are the best mom. We love watching you and your family and we're so thankful that you're here in Boulder training and come all the way to New York to race. So, congratulations.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me
Speaker 2: Susannah, okay, so I'm just going to start this with last week you and I were texting back and forth as I do before every race and you're so nice to give me your time, but you came in kind of like, " Carrie, I don't know. I don't know how this one's going to go and you crushed it today."
Speaker 4: Thank you. Yeah, I'm shocked. I will be honest. I was at the Chicago half last weekend, felt like I was just huffing and puffing kind of thing, and I was like, okay, that's okay. It's been an awesome three weeks, but I love travel and was not feeling my best. So I didn't know what to expect today.
Speaker 2: But today it clicked.
Speaker 4: It clicked today. Yeah. Amazing weather, no wind. It was starting to sprinkle on the start line and then it stopped for us, which is awesome. And they recently paved the Central Park road, so I think that contributed to why it was so fast. So just really thankful.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean six in a row. Well, six times. Excuse me. Last year you guys were all gone. The wheelchair athletes were at the Olympic trials.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 2: So this is your sixth. I mean when you say that, is it pinch me for real, who wins six in a row?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's surprising and I've been a lot of different renditions of the course and it's kind of nice to feel like I've done a few solid ones of today's course and they've gotten faster. So I'm just always happy if I can go a little bit faster next year and so that we'll see how long that lasts. But I'm glad for today.
Speaker 2: Well, we were talking a little bit on the broadcast, your attitude, your mentality, the way you're racing, it's really elevated in the last couple of years. I mean you had that huge scare a few years ago when you were hit by the car. Was that 2020...?
Speaker 4: One.
Speaker 2: One. Oh, it's that many years already.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: But I remember you saying, I think it was a year after that you were just so thankful for each and every race 'cause that was a real big eye- opener. And I feel like you attack each race like that now even going into the Boston Marathon. Let's back up a little bit, a month ago about you won the Boston Marathon in a race where again, people were giving other people the attention when all along, I'm not trying to toot my own horn, but I was like, better watch out for Susannah. So things have just been coming around time and time again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I am right there with you with kind of being like, oh my gosh, this is really incredible. I don't take any of them for granted. Boston was amazing. Today was amazing, and I think my gratitude for getting to be at every race, which was elevated a few years ago, what I've really, really come to know this season especially is the community. Getting to be here with the community, which I think this race really highlights.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you love that.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, yeah. There's so much history of allowing people to do sports and to do running and how everybody, every gender, every ability level should be able to do sports. And I think New York Road Runners and the Mini 10K is a good reflection of that.
Speaker 2: For sure.
Speaker 4: I feel like embraced by our community so much this whole season and that part's amazing to be at too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sam Grotewold and Dorian, Dorian Kail, excuse me, they bring you guys all in, the wheelchair athletes and the runners coming in. It's pretty cool the family that New York Road Runners has built, I mean it is so fun. Even Ted Metellus yesterday getting emotional because he just loves not only this race but all of the races.
Speaker 4: Yes. And he treats us like family. I know we're all just in shock and heartbroken for Ali Feller and the fact that we got to all come together yesterday at our tech meeting for this, what's really important is being there for our family members like Ali. And I felt the same way. I feel even the drug testers have been amazing.
Speaker 2: Yes. You kind of know people.
Speaker 4: The broadcasters. Oh, yeah. It's really, really cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I want to get back to the race today, you got off the line, but Tatiana, I call her, Tat, like you guys did, but she got off the line quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she did.
Speaker 2: And she's coming off of a world record on the track. I mean she's a superstar. We'll talk about her.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 2: But tell us a little bit about your race tactics in a 10K because now we've seen you do so well in the half, so well in the marathon, you still dabble in the track, but you really have become more this road racer, more dominant on the roads. But what is that like? Were you like, oh, I got to get back 'cause you didn't let it linger, you got back out in front real quick.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah. And that's what I love about the 10K is as a wheelchair racer, for me at least, I feel like it's a race I don't really have to pace myself. I know can hold a pretty high intensity for a 10K. So when I was coming near Tat and I could tell I was still winding up, I was like, I'm going, I don't need to get into a drafting race right now in the 10K. I know my strengths and I know turns, I feel like is a more strength in mine than it is for Tatiana or has in the past. So I was like, if I can really get those technical elements really well today, I need to focus on those. And so I didn't want to wait. I wanted to get on those and so I'm glad I didn't wait.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So when we talk about you coming down in distance from running in the spring marathons and now coming down in distance, how does your training change? Much like the runners, they're trying to figure out how to get back because of the pounding. Now you can explain it a lot better than I can, but they have to hurry and quickly recover from pounding for 26. 2. Meanwhile, you guys are flying across the world to go to different races, so it's a different fatigue.
Speaker 4: Oh, yeah, absolutely. And I think in our sport where drafting is a big element on the track and on the road we're able to combine our training for marathons with track training really well. It's more smooth I would say probably than for a new bike runner. That being said, we're still doing a lot of volume I would say, but not long and steady volumes like we do more of for marathon training. We are on the track doing interval training and so that contributes really nicely to a 10K. My track competitions I had recently overseas while it's to travel and it's a track (inaudible) , I feel like sometimes I'm always wondering is the rest I get from traveling helpful for the 10K, I think-
Speaker 2: Plus the dehydration, the lack of sleep and all the other things. So are you really resting?
Speaker 4: Exactly. Yeah. I think that the training we do after the spring marathons to get a little bit more ready for the track helps a lot with the 10Ks that we have kind of the early summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah. What do you have now, after?
Speaker 4: I have the Peachtree 10K.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be there.
Speaker 4: Okay, awesome.
Speaker 2: That's the world's largest 10K on the road, so you and I will be there together.
Speaker 4: Cool. Awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, excited for that. I'd say my next real focus is a Sydney Marathon, which I have never done before.
Speaker 2: And it's a new major.
Speaker 4: A new major, yep. My husband and I will go to that one.
Speaker 2: And it's in August?
Speaker 4: Yes, August 31st.
Speaker 2: Okay. And then that will fit in then to be able to do your normal fall?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'll not do Berlin because of Sydney, so it'll kind of replace the earliest marathon I usually do. And then Chicago and New York.
Speaker 2: Okay. So we can announce that you'll be back in New York.
Speaker 4: That's my plan as long as I invited.
Speaker 2: Oh, I think that you're going to get invited.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That's so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So when you crossed that finish line today and you saw that you set another course record here, you're the only one that's ever had one, which sounds funny, but you went that fast today. What else is on your list of things to check off in this sport?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's...
Speaker 2: That's a loaded question.
Speaker 4: That's at the top of the list.
Speaker 2: But you've done so much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's off the top of the list is getting more out of myself and I was able to do that today. And then I think a big thing is I would like to make sure I'm also contributing to the community. Like I said, it's been so big for me.
Speaker 2: You are so much. I don't know if you really know that.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: But you are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean for young kids, no matter if they're out there running on their own two legs or they are wheeling their way through, it is so inspiring to see you race.
Speaker 4: Awesome, thank you. I appreciate that. So the next thing is I got to get a flag marathon, going to get better at the flat courses, so we'll see how Chicago and-
Speaker 2: There's something you have to work on.
Speaker 4: ... London go, some goals of mine.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, Susannah, congratulations. We can't wait to see you. Continue to race and we'll see you here next year hopefully.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Awesome. Sounds good, thanks.
Speaker 2: All right, Weini. Today you're second overall but the fastest American ever to run on this course. When you hear that, what does it feel like? What are you thinking?
Speaker 5: It feels amazing. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I was just like, I did not know how fast we were going. But it was just great to see my fellow American runners that leading the race and I was like, okay, I didn't plan it for this, but you are going to make me to go the front because I can't... When you see they're doing their part, you have to step at the front and push the brakes too. But it's amazing.
Speaker 2: I really liked what you said in your post- race interview you talked about how it was so fun to run the race but also to help Amanda Vestri who ended up placing six today. But she was one of those Americans, she was the one leading the race until you were like, okay, I'm going to get out there with her.
Speaker 5: Yeah. As soon as we started the race, Emma and her was at the front and I was like, I want to stay in the back. But when I see them I was like, okay, I have to be there with them. And it's great. It feels like you are running individually, wherever you do matters, but at the same time you have to think that either of us have to be in the podium. So when I ran and I was just thinking, especially when the race gets a lot harder at the end and I was like, hopefully we got this because we pushed from all the way to the race and I feel like, okay, we need to be there.
Speaker 2: I thought it was so neat too because you are running against each other. You want to beat each other. But we're in this race today where, well, you were in it, I was just running my mouth, not my legs. I was at finish line or at the desk with the TV. But you are out there with almost 10,000 runners they said is what started the race today. All women. In a race that has such history and you after the race take the time to lift up your fellow competitors. And to me that really meant something. I'm older now in this sport and I've been through things that you've been through, been at the Olympic Games, NCAA Championships and you do, you have this competitive edge, but at the same time you also really enjoy the camaraderie of your teammates and your fellow competitors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean it's very important to share on each other I think. I know I'm very competitive when it comes to the race. Sometimes you don't feel like you're doing enough to lift each other, but we have to do that. And I was so happy that when I hear this is only women's race and so many womens were at the set line, which is amazing. And I was talking to Sam yesterday and he goes like this race had been held for 53 years. That's amazing.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: And as I said, just being with this great womens out there, it just means so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: As a runner, I said like I'm competitive. But it's also important to bring that respect for everyone for what they're doing in the sport. Also, me being competitive at the same time, very cheerful for everyone. I have seen them racing, whether it's road race, we're going to see each other a lot, whether it's in the track or in the road racing. So it's good that to... How are we going to explain this? To cheer them on and lift each other and it brings the sport to be friendly. So I like it.
Speaker 2: And the better they run, the better you run. I mean one of my favorite things about you, Weini, is when I've interviewed you before, I mean you love to compete, you love to run fast. That's a quote, " I just love to run fast." You don't mind hurting, you don't mind going out there and setting a pace that is really hard. How do you get there? As a person, as a woman, how do you get to the point where not that you love pain, but that you're okay with seeing how hard you actually can do something in life? You're in this moment right now where this is just normal for you. This is your job, you love to do it, but not everybody knows how to really get the most out of themselves. And you do that almost daily.
Speaker 5: Well, I think it depends on your training and then also you have to work mentally to be ready. No one loves pain, but the good thing is the reward you get after you do well after the race. So you got to train hard where sometimes it felt like, oh my God, I didn't know if I'm doing enough. Especially when you feel like you short of one race that you really wanted to win. But no matter what, you have to keep going. And I like the race when it starts from the gun, it just give me confidence that okay, it's going to hurt but you have to go for it. You don't have to be scared. And as I always said, you don't have to have that if question in your mind. It's like if I was doing it in different way, I could have done it better. And you just have to go out and do your thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do your thing. So today you are right behind a two- time Olympic medalist, a two- time world champion. You're also behind this woman that has won the New York City Marathon, the Boston Marathon. What is it like to battle her? And then the person right behind you is a world champion in the marathon.
Speaker 5: Well, all I have to say is the legend Hellen Obiri. So I used to watch her, barely I started running back home and she was running track. She was my favorite. I'm a big fan of her and always I'll pick her as my favorite runner. She will never disappoint. I love the way how she runs. She's good wherever she does and road racing, track and she can lead, she can kick. I wish I have those things. So I really admire her as a runner. And I used to be a big fan of her. Just to be running with her right now means so much.
Speaker 2: Isn't that cool?
Speaker 5: I was just talking to her. " Oh my God, I can't believe I'm running with you right now." And also the...
Speaker 2: Gotytom give us the last time, yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Gotytom. Fun fact, you know how we get to know each other?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: It was in Eugene-
Speaker 2: At the World Champs?
Speaker 5: The Junior World Championships. We were sitting and talking after that I was wondering where she's at and many years later just seeing her winning the marathon out the World Championship and I was like, wow, that's that little girl I know back then. Now she is like...
Speaker 2: Just a star.
Speaker 5: A star. And I just like, that's what I love about running. It connects you with so many runners across the world and you make friends wherever you travel. That's the best thing I know. And I'm happy to be running with them.
Speaker 2: Running with them and pushing them to be the best they can be as well.
Speaker 5: I'm trying to be as good as them.
Speaker 2: Oh. Okay. So we got to find out. What was it like with a mile to go? You still had a big pack. Taylor Roe right there. Amanda Vestri was a little bit off the back of the pack, but you had Gotytom and you had Hellen. You had Sharon Lokedi still there, what were your thoughts with a mile to go? Was that where you wanted to make a push because there were some moves between you and Hellen with about one to go?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so first this is me, I don't look who's close to me.
Speaker 2: Oh, you just saw like a body.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I just have to keep going as much as I can stay in the race. But then I just took a little peek and I see there was Hellen, Sharon next to me of course. And then I see Taylor and then Amanda, as you said, she was a little bit behind and I was like, these are all great women. So all I have to need is stay focused and try to push myself through the end. And I was waiting on Hellen, she's going to take it. No question. I said she's going to come around and drop it at some point, but I have to hang on with her. And as soon as she took it, as you can see, she pulled a big leap. Then I was like, okay, I'm not trying to give up. I'm just going to follow her and push all the way to the end. I think it will be good because I knew the race was very close to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was just two times in the end of the race where I saw a little discomfort on your face, but you look so strong. You were the one in command until she made that final push, the final sprint with probably 250... Right before you made that final turn. It was when she made that move. So you stayed calm. Were you getting excited as the time went by because you were up there in front?
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah. I was very excited. I have a little bit in trouble. I've been dealing this for a very long time. I fell sick in the middle of... There is in the middle of training.
Speaker 2: I guess, stomach distress?
Speaker 5: It was a stomach thing. There is a lot of thing that I get tested with. I've been dealing for a very long time, so I did not know it was there. I got it in Houston and it was just keep going and I was like-
Speaker 2: But that's when you set the American record. So you fought through it in Houston?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had similar issue, but it wasn't hard because I barely get it that time I think. So I just like, I've been getting better because I had to see the doctor and work him through it, but I felt it today during the race.
Speaker 2: You did.
Speaker 5: And I was trying not to get me that because when I ran the half- marathon at the (inaudible) Championships, it was a great race and halfway through I had similar issue. But it wasn't only during my race, during my training, people think, oh, because you're getting too nervous you're getting this, but it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It's happening in practice too.
Speaker 5: It wasn't. So I'll wake up early in the morning, feel nauseous. I will even turn out the day in the middle of the night I was getting it. So now I'm okay. I'm good
Speaker 2: You're working on it? Are you working on diet or is it a muscle thing? What are you working on?
Speaker 5: I have to work on everything. Also I have a prescribed medication for it.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was going through a hard time a little bit. I take me away from my training. I wasn't able to train for a while after this championship, but now I'm feeling healthy and feeling good but-
Speaker 2: Obviously.
Speaker 5: So when I travel, stay away from my home for a while, just getting the outside food, kind of get me back to-
Speaker 2: You got to figure that out.
Speaker 5: I have to figure it out, but I always get so I was just not trying to get into that in my mind. I was like, I had this in my training. I know how I can get through it. Let's do this.
Speaker 2: The mind is a powerful thing, right? It overtakes the body a lot of times.
Speaker 5: It does. It does a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah. At some point I was like, oh my god. I know. I know I have something, but then a few minutes, a few seconds later I'll calm down.
Speaker 2: Calm down. Okay, good. So last question. What does the rest of the season look like for you? Are you going to stay on the roads, go back to the track? We do have a world championships in September in Tokyo. So where will we find you?
Speaker 5: Yeah. Oh my goodness. I'm all over in the place right now.
Speaker 2: Because you're good at everything. You're good at cross. You're good at the roads and the track.
Speaker 5: I'm trying, I'm trying, but I'm going to go back to track again. I'm going to do the 5K Prefontaine Classic in July and that's going to be a very fast race and from that I'm going to focus on the (inaudible) Championship after that. I was thinking just to focus on road racing, but we'll see. Every time I was like, this is my last season. I'm going to run only road racing. I'm going to move up to longer distances. But then when the track comes, I was like, I can't skip it.
Speaker 2: You love it.
Speaker 5: I have to go back and do it.
Speaker 2: Oh, we love seeing you everywhere and especially here in New York City. So congratulations. The American record holder of the New York Mini, oh my goodness, congratulations.
Speaker 5: Thank you. I mean to be in New York City, just always bring that energy with the fans and everything, so thank you so much. I'm really happy to be here and look at this, only women's race.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 5: I'm just so proud of that, that womens do anything.
Speaker 2: We sure can.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: You better celebrate today.
Speaker 5: I have to. This is very special. But I'll thank the organizers and everyone who make it possible. Just it means so much for... We are womens.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Hey, everyone, thanks again for joining me today on Set The Pace. I'm Carrie Tollefson and it was so much fun to have this special edition with the 2025 Mastercard New York Mini 10K Champions and Weini Kelati. We'll see you next time at the Fifth Avenue Mile. And of course, the Marathon.
Speaker 6: New York Roadrunners is a non- profit organization with a vision to build healthier lives and stronger communities through the transformative power of running. The support of members and donors like you helps us achieve our mission to transform the health and wellbeing of our communities through inclusive and accessible running experiences and empowering all to achieve their potential. Learn more and contribute at nyrr. org/ donate.