S1: The was welcome to Thursday afternoon. Your old mate Shane Dunk ready to drive you home if you're ready for a change. There is a whole bunch of jobs up for grabs, and Antarctica.
S2: Sounds like a pretty chill job to me.
S1: Oh, I see what you did there. It's the worst dad joke you've ever delivered. And I love it. Benny. Boys giving you a one fingered wave. He's a big fan, too. 3:20. If you want to up sticks and move to Antarctica and have nothing to do but save your cash, we'll give you the options.
S2: The next 101 on how to get pulled up by a cop on a pushbike.
S1: But this is on an Australian like one of the cop TV shows like Highway Patrol or whatever. And the bloke's a Kiwi and he is awesome. That's your smoko for your next Audioslave. Show me how to live rock. Drive on the rock.
S3: Rock drive with Jay and dunk.
S1: Red Hot Chili Peppers, scar tissue, rock drive in the rock. Before we get to smoke, I just want to acknowledge a Belgian athlete. Leo. Sorry. Lynn Show has done 11,900 pull ups in 24 hours to get a Guinness World Record.
S2: I don't reckon I could do 11.
S1: Neither.
S3: Smoke. Cheers to my toe training with my toe by industry. For industry.
S1: It's just about realizing what your potential is and it's nothing being happy with it. Speaking of potential, maybe you could partner with my toe and future proof your business and your team and your industry. You can take smoko to 3520 500 bucks up for grabs from those legends tomorrow afternoon. You got to be in to win. Now, this bloke here has a Kiwi bloke gets pulled over in Australia. It's on one of their cop shows and he's just a vibe. He's got a mountain bike that he's retrofitted a two stroke motor to with a little petrol tank and stuff. And obviously it's basically a motorbike now. Right. So then you need to comply with the safety standards that the Australian police enforce, and he hasn't at all. In fact, he's using, um, his work boots as the brakes.
S4: This man and his souped up bike have been pulled over by Senior Constable Shaun Roth and leading Senior Constable Marcus Owen.
S5: You've got to comply with all the requirements of it being a motorcycle. That one's okay. This one's not sufficient braking capacity in order to pull it up. We noticed when you were when you were coming to a stop using the old, uh, Barney Rubble. Fred. Flintstones. Yeah, that's my brake right there. You see that? That's pure brakes right there. Is this your speedo? Oh, no. No. I thought it was a Speedo. Yeah. Oh, I can kick out about, what, 65, 76? This is this is your accelerator. We've got the clutch right here. You pop the clutch. That's what makes it goes. That's what kick starts it. It's like kicking the car in second. You've got your accelerator. Oh, you got your kill switch right here. It's the, uh, motorbike accelerator. Cable? Everything you need for a push bike. Hey, if you want a push bike, come see me.
S6: Wow, that's really loud.
S7: Yeah, thanks. Took the restrictor plate off. Give the Red Dragon a little more juice. But, uh, let's keep that on the down low. She's not exactly street legal.
S8: Oh my gosh.
S1: They're not exactly street legal. Did you hear him, though? Hitting him up. And he's like, yeah, man. 6570 clicks on this. What? They're trying to book him. He's saying all the wrong stuff.
S2: In a 50 zone. Yeah.
S1: He's my boots. His brakes. Asking for his brakes. His rear tires. Completely bald because he's been lightened up. Drifting out.
S2: I like the fact that's just the Kiwi number eight wired attitude. You know something that's not exactly street legal. I just was watching these guys that have converted, um, right on lawnmowers into off road camping tractors. And so they basically they take the they jack up a lawn mower, take the cutting blade off underneath it, and they just drive it off out into the bush and they go, there's like 20 of them on these jacked up John Deere. And so it's pretty.
S1: I love it I love it. If you would like to participate and keep it on the down low, it's not exactly street legal. What have you built? 3520.
S2: We'll put the spark plugs on the exhaust so I can blow flames out the ass of my car. And exactly. Street legal.
S1: Three five. Two zero. The text number, uh. And next is promise. If you like. My job sucks. I've got no money. Maybe go to Antarctica for six months. There's a whole bunch of jobs that have just come up for grabs. Could be an option for you. The response in guns N roses on the way. Here's muse, hysteria, Rock drive.
S3: The Rock drive podcast.
S1: It's the response where do you run to? It is Rock drive on the Rock with your old mates Shane Dunk. So if you're sitting here and you'd be like, And you're thinking to yourself, I cannot do another day at this cruddy workplace I want out. You may have a particular set of skills that lines up with one of these jobs. That's just come up for heading off to Antarctica.
S2: Yeah, this is pretty hotly contested jobs. Only 40 roles available to basically head to Antarctica and do the summer work. So they've got the summer period and then the winter period. So the summer period itself is pretty, pretty gnarly. So basically they're going from pretty sure it's like September through to the end of February. And then there's a real skeleton staff of 13 people that stay on for the other months.
S1: That'd be so rough being there over winter.
S2: Yeah. Ah, yeah. In the summer period, it's just like the whole time. And so winter, it's predominantly dark the whole time.
S1: So you're gonna need to pack a hell of an eye mask.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Going over summer. You need a.
S2: Guy if you want an eye mask dunk. As an eye mask guy.
S1: So recently, Believe it or not, I purchased an eye mask on Temu and it was like a 3D printed one. It was like the mega eye mask, just the. I've been using it for about a month and the inside's come off already, so don't get your eye mask from Temu. Don't. There's a trick for young players.
S2: I just, you know, when it comes to anything, pretty much. Don't bother getting anything from Temu.
S1: Well, you see my jet plane the boys are playing with. Flew that up into the international airspace and gotten a lot of trouble. So what are the jobs?
S2: Um, you can take on any of the critical roles that are there, um, and answer the call of being in a career in Antarctica. So they've got people that they need field staff, engineers, um, maintenance workers, carpenters, chefs, mechanics, electricians, medics and technicians to keep Scott base running. Um, so the scientists can basically keep so there's, there's a workforce and then there's a scientific team that are there. Um, and that's what keeps the joint running.
S1: Geez. Imagine being the medic. You could go the whole time without having to do anything. Yeah, maybe someone's got a blister or something.
S2: Chances are, chances are you probably will run into a couple of a couple of issues, no doubt.
S1: Can we set up a keyword, Antarctica and get a bounce back for all the job listings?
S2: Should we just put ice to make it easier?
S1: Well, I'm relying on people having spellcheck, not punching out on a Nokia. Click click click click click click.
S2: Yeah, we'll just say ice icy to 3520. And here's the link where you can check it out. Awesome. Because it's only a short stint. It's basically you apply for it. You get picked up at the end of the year, then you roll through and you come back in Feb.
S1: Can we have a little bit of a wallow next in the Black Caps and how they went last night against Sri Lanka?
S2: Absolute masterclass.
S1: Oh man. We'll have a chat about the last four overs. They went absolutely berserk. It was so good. This is probably the second longest guns N roses song I believe we play November rain rock drive on the Rock.
S9: Okay. Let's go.
S10: Drive home.
S3: Drive.
S1: Guns N roses. November. Rain. Rock. Drive. Thursday afternoon. Drunk driving you home? Uh, hats off to the Black Caps. Smash Sri Lanka by 61 runs in Colombo. Defending 168 for seven, holding the hosts to just 107 for eight. Um, Mitchell Santner got 47 off 26 and they actually ended up getting, uh, 70 off the last four overs.
S2: Full Tonk fist.
S1: Yeah, which is crazy. Um, with the ball. Rachin Ravindra ripped through Sri Lanka for four for 27. Matt Henry took two for three off two overs and New Zealand bowled 17 overs of spin to strangle the chase. So outstanding nudge from the boys.
S11: First ball of the chase. Oh my goodness. Could they ask for a better start. Country. Phenomenal. Up up pace off from Henry. Gone. And straight away. Had to go.
S12: Guy still in the air and stumps are broken.
S11: Gone again? He's just flying it up. Gone up. It's gone up. Mitchell. Getting in, getting in big hands safely underneath that river.
S1: It's the sort of cut off, weirdly there at the end. Is there a better cricket commentator than Dooley?
S2: I love hearing him.
S1: He's so good. Dooley and Smitty is just one of the most electric combos.
S2: And that was it. That was in Colombo as well, wasn't it? So that would have been tough for the Sri Lankans to eat that up.
S1: So the win all but locks in the Black Caps into the T20 World Cup semi-finals. They now face England next in Colombo with top spot and the Super Eights group on the line. So you know that's going to be a tough ask. But, uh, this seems like they might have the team that can do it.
S2: We love a short format.
S1: Well yeah I mean it's I mean, the the silverware has eluded us many times before, but we will wait with bated breath and, uh, be back in them. Come that game.
S3: Coming up with the fellas.
S1: Your chance to have Pepsi pour it on for some Jim Beam homegrown praise. All the deets coming up. In the meantime, a quick one. What is the name of the stadium that the NRL games will be played in this weekend in Las Vegas, Nevada? We'll have the answer next.
S3: Giant dunk.
S1: Hello there. If you've just joined us, welcome on in. This is Rock drive. We asked this question before the break. It was a quick one. What is the name of the stadium that the NRL games will be played in this weekend in Las Vegas?
S2: Rubber leg in Las Vegas is going to go down at Allegiant Stadium. Big old bit of kit that one.
S1: 315 Sunday afternoon, first game and second game around about 530. Me, myself and Jay will be hosting a bit of pod if you want to climb on in there or jumping on the, uh, chat group and stuff as well. Uh, next weekend the Pepsi Pre's could be happening at your place to get geed up for Jim Beam Homegrown. There's gigs galore tomorrow live at the domain, Good Charlotte, highly suspect. Yellow card. You can get amongst tickets on the rock. Here they are, little one rock. Drive on the rock.
S3: Like the Santa that you can get the link in the show notes.
S1: It's the white stripes. Blue orchid, the rock with Jay and Doug coming up shortly with the latest in rock news and sport. This probably won't be in it, so I will mention it now. Florida Lady sets the record for the oldest competitive pool player heading to a Vegas tournament this weekend at the age of 98. She's going to be massively disappointed when she bumps into all the Australians. They're there for the NRL this weekend. Who are these people?
S2: How to level up Vegas? I fill it up with four Australian League supporting clubs.
S1: We're actually going to be chatting to a good mate. Curb, friend of the show, does two vlogs podcasts over in Australia. Uh, he's just landed over there and uh, he's keen to have a chat on the radio show tomorrow. He'll be battling over there.
S2: Oh, yeah, he hates the heat. And it is warm for a big man.
S1: Here to see the job in Antarctica would be.
S2: Perfect for him.
S1: Perfect.
S2: Perfect.
S1: So you'll catch up with cube and see what the vibes like on the ground are over there now. Uh, also latest in weather in a couple of moments for you. And nicknamed ninjas. Returning after four.
S2: And find out who Kelly Slater wrapped the golf club around.
S3: Listen to our other podcast. Not for radio. Wherever you're listening to this one, just search. Not for radio.
S1: How are Jane Dunk driving you home if you just joined us? Welcome on in. We're just watching the New Zealand Golf Open on Sky one. I think it is at the moment Jay's like, oh there he is. I was like, who's that? Looked up there? It looked like some sort of farmer with a big beanie on. Then Jay's like Kelly Slater. I was like, oh my gosh.
S2: The goat with the glorious George Harper junior as well. What a magnificent man he is.
S1: Yeah. Um, pretty cool having him in the country. A reminder you can text podcast to 3520 to hear the entire morning ramble chat with Kelly Slater. He was on the show this morning chatting all things World Surf League and also the New Zealand Open as well.
S2: Before six, the four lads that attempted to cross the Atlantic Ocean in a rowboat and it went horribly, horribly, horribly wrong.
S1: How long ago was this?
S2: Um, probably about ten years ago now. Yeah, right. It is one of the worst things that you'll ever hear. But they made a documentary about it, and it's well worth a watch.
S1: And next, some things should not be forgotten. And the great Dargaville toilet fiasco of 2013 is one of those. Just when you thought it had been flushed down the drain, this thing's bubbling back up next. Weezer hash pipe on the rock.
S3: Like the sound of that? You can get the link in the show. Notes.
S1: Silverchair anthem for the year 2000. It is Rock drive and the Rock. I know you've all been waiting to find out what this is because we're bringing it back to the top. The great Dargaville toilet fiasco of 2013 at Blue Dargaville Tidbits. It was a nightmare for the town that weekend. It was actually a whole week, wasn't it, Benny boy?
S3: It was five days. Yeah. You know, they say you never. You never have a second chance to make a good first impression. And boy, did I cock this up.
S1: So you. Why'd you book an Airbnb there?
S3: We didn't. So this was. This was our girlfriend at the time. Um, her friend's boyfriend's family have, like, a house there. Like an old sort of villa on a bit of a farm. Farm area, but a forest, a nice river. And we thought, oh, a bunch of us will go up there in our uni break for five days for a little bit of a getaway. Is he doing someone else's driving? Just punching tins all the way up there. So by the time I got to Dargaville, I was absolutely bursting. So I just go charging into the house first. Went in as soon as they opened the door straight into the loo. One toilet. This is crucial information. I go, I check, I check my like stubby on the on the cistern, start taking a leak and then as if in like slow motion, the bottle starts sliding towards me. It falls. I go to grab it, I miss and it lands in like the front part of the toilet. The toilet bowl. It just smashes a big hole. Just clean out of the front part of the bowl.
S1: Like just goes straight through the porcelain.
S3: Straight through the porcelain. Just knocks out like a like a plate size like. And immediately I panic and my stupid brain goes flush. So I just, I just flushed immediately and it just floods the bathroom. So now I'm just standing there in like, toilet water and piss, just going, man, what do I do? I don't even know this bloke. Like I have no idea. So I go and tell my missus to tell his girlfriend to tell him they come back in. We tried to fix it with tin foil, which as you as you can imagine, it's not a particularly watertight substance.
S1: Clearly you can tell you guys haven't finished uni at this point.
S2: But you had finished what was in the tin foil.
S3: I'd never actually finished uni, but that's a story for another day.
S1: And then. So the question needs to be asked. Easy to find a plumber.
S3: No plumbers. Now what we did is I decided to dig a little slit trench out in the garden for everyone, found a sawhorse and I jimmied up a beautiful outdoor abode. I didn't really think about the placement of it though, because it was. It basically turned the kitchen window and the deck into a viewing platform for whoever was using this makeshift trench that I dug. So obviously the girls weren't very stoked about it and neither were the guys. And we're like, oh, we'll stick it out. And then my buddy, um.
S1: How many days before you did a poo?
S3: Well, immediately on the first day.
S1: Panic poo.
S3: Evacuate my mate. I will say we'll call him Charles.
S1: Because that's his name.
S3: He goes, I'm not using this with his viewing platform. I'm going off into nature. So he goes for a little bit of a walk into the forest next to the beach, and he's where he goes. I don't want to crap on my pants and on my shoes. So he takes them completely off and he's wearing a real baggy t shirt and he goes, man, I don't want it. Like dripping down the back either. So he takes the t shirt off. Little did he know, there was a popular walking track.
S1: Through through.
S3: The back of the forest there. So he's just this lanky, gangly teenage dude, completely naked with his clothes hung in a tree, just taking a shit off the side of a popular walking track. I don't know who was more surprised that international tourists, or Charles, as they come round the corner and just find him squatting there.
S2: Kicking one out in the bush?
S3: Ah, yeah. So you won't be surprised to know I was never invited back to that batch.
S1: Well, yeah, that's zero parts surprising. The the real trick to a nature poo, though, is to hang off the tree so you have an arm out on the trunk and lean back. That way you can get it away from the trousers of your undies. You know you don't want it, like you say, kicking back underneath.
S2: I do find, though, that it makes your butt cheeks clench quite a bit when you're leaning back though, so you just start smacking out brown lasagna sheets just like a big white bag. White.
S1: Okay, okay.
S3: Started out as a nice broken toilet story. J.
S1: Uh, let's just round this out to everyone, we'll call it. Um, have you stayed at an Airbnb Booker batch?
S2: Yeah.
S1: And what got ruined?
S3: What have you busted up?
S2: I've got a cracking high heel through a through a TV after the break for you.
S1: I'll do one better, mate. I'll play some music and we won't have a break, eh? Jeez, I'm a nice guy. These guys out on the road again this weekend. Oh, yeah. You can text us three five, two zero. You can call us as well. And bonus points as well, if you can beat Benny boys 20s on the property before he blew the toilet out. Blind spot. Coming home on the rock. Every day's a Saturday. This rock drive on the rock. J's having a good old giggle. Uh, so Benny Boy managed to drop a beer bottle through, um, what essentially was an Airbnb, uh, toilet. And then they were all pooing in a ditch on the front lawn for the whole week because he buggered the toilet. On day one. Couldn't get a plumber out to fix it. So pretty hard to beat. He'd been in the house. 20s.
S2: Yeah.
S1: And he'd done himself a real mischief, and everyone else had to deal with it. But have you had a similar sort of situation? Go down a piece of accommodation that you're renting. You can text us 3520. I don't know who would want to be an Airbnb landlord or a landlord.
S2: Yeah. Um, we.
S1: People like Jay floating around.
S2: Yeah. This is probably a little closer to home. We had a health and wellness weekend where we were predominantly just having green smoothies, and one of the boys, um, came tearing around the corner on a kids quad bike and jumped it over a fire. And we said to him, we said, wow, where'd you get that from? And he goes, ash has smashed the door into the garage and found it.
S1: Oh, no. All right. When I was about 22, we went to our family beach, which is now in Boca. Mhm. Um, went to there and I had a whole bunch of my mates come over for New Year's to the beach, and for whatever reason, it was empty at that time for that year. And I came out halfway through New Year's Eve and saw about 20 people on the front deck jumping up and down. And second story. I'm like, what are you doing? My granddad built this in the 70s. You're gonna go straight through it. He was like, he wasn't even a proper builder. He was only okay at things. That's why the doors don't close properly.
S2: This one here from Marty. We had a 30 year anniversary work trip to Rarotonga. Me and the wife woke up in the morning to absolute carnage in our room. It looked like a scene out of the Hangover. The couch is broken. The light was broken, the ceiling fan was broken. Beer bottles everywhere, wine bottles and the creek. And the boss was asleep on the veranda. He smashed the place to bits.
S1: Oh no. That's like that one with the lads on the stag do in Thailand. And there's the monkey. They wake up and there's a monkey monkey in their room, and it's like hanging off the fan, going round in circles, making heaps of noise. They wake up and they're like, what is that, man?
S2: Another one here slid down the stairs and our suitcases managed to put a hole in the wall at the end of the stairs. Found an A4 sheet of paper and some wall paint under the house, but the A4 piece of paper over the hole whacked it with the Bunnings mini roller. Bob's your aunties, Nana.
S1: Oh my gosh.
S2: Another one here. Only soba made it a stag do. Found the owner's lawn mower and mowed a cricket pitch into their brand spanking new lawn while we all chewed on a bit of cardboard.
S1: There you.
S2: Go. It's a big old weekend.
S1: Just a little bit annoyed at myself, I realized we could have called the segment, broke a batch.
S2: Wasn't. Oh well, wasn't me, but a mate was trying to heat up some food with nothing even on the plate. He put in for 30 minutes instead of three and exploded in the microwave.
S1: Oh, that'll do it. You're not supposed to do that with them, are, you know, put your.
S2: Food on it first, you nincompoop.
S1: Nincompoop!
S13: Get that link in the show. Notes.
S1: Deftones. Infinite Source. It is the rocket chain dunk. So I thought I'd just play this to you because you know how your algorithms change, and sometimes you're like, oh, it knows me so well. And other times you're like, that's a miss. Good luck serving that up to me another 20 times. That's a waste of money.
S2: I just got served up a hungover chicken sandwich by Al Brown.
S1: When's it getting delivered?
S2: I'm gonna make one right now. I'm not even hungover. I just want to get drunk.
S1: So before. Before. Makes me want to start at the start. So before, like before I play this, I just want to say, hey, this is an outrageous ad. I haven't heard an ad like this. And B, don't worry about my marriage. It's fine. If anything, I'm tired from so much, it'll make sense in a second.
S14: Sexless marriages have one thing in common a man who grew up being a nice guy. There's a version of marriage nobody warns you about. The one where you live in the same house, raised the same kids, share the same bed and feel completely alone. She's not cruel. She's not cheating.
S15: She just what is this?
S14: A square between the mortgage and the school pickups. You became a co-parent, a provider, a task sharing partner, but not a man she desires. You can't remember.
S15: She doesn't desire you anymore.
S2: I'm reading between the lines here. I'm actually listening to what he's saying.
S14: The last time.
S15: Was absolute bollocks.
S1: Yeah.
S2: Well, we're just saying before.
S1: That singing at.
S2: Our algorithms. Dumb AI singing yet as well, by the way. But we were just talking about before how our algorithms are in sync. Definitely don't have that one in mind. What have you been searching?
S1: I've just got teeth whitening pop up to whiten my teeth.
S2: Yeah, pretty white on the deluxe colour chart. Slightly closer to a fish and chip chip?
S1: Well, they look like a packet of cigarettes telling you not to smoke them, so probably could do the weed tickle up. And I've got mattresses popping up and fold out couches. That's basically what I served at the moment.
S2: Yeah, it's one of those really confronting things. I didn't even think about it. But if you just hit on Instagram in particular, if you hit the search button and it's your explore, it shows what you've been looking at. Does it? Yeah. It basically shows what you've been in, what your algorithm would be. So if you hit it, mine's currently a guy. Have a look at yours.
S1: Oh man. Some stuff about Dan Hooker a bunch of vegetables yelling into a screen telling you why they're good. Uh ChatGPT was asked how to live to 140, and the answer was simple, logical, and totally surprising.
S2: Uh, mine's showing tugboats pushing boats into walls. Um, cheap, cheap tattoos. A guy getting his head kicked in, um, Sean Strickland, uh, the rock kissing some chick who's super, super black. But I think that might be AI.
S1: And I've got a Milwaukee thong as an a G banger. That's an interesting one.
S2: Just a couple of losers, you know.
S1: Well, everyone already knew that. I think people listening to us make themselves feel better, right? And we do a very good job at it. Uh, so just be aware of that, guys.
S2: Just be aware of if you're searching up different parts, you know, to stimulate different bits of your body all the time and various different pictures of women.
S1: You'll just get like an AI song singing about a flashlight.
S13: Coming up next.
S2: Yeah.
S1: It's that little buddy brain. Guys wouldn't mind trying one of those one day, but I'm not a sicko. Here's your quick one. The answer on the other side of the break. What is the record for rowing across the Atlantic? And then a bit of a deep dive on these fellas as well. We'll have the answer in a couple of moments. And also I am giant. And the pumpkins as well.
S13: Like the sauna there. You can get the link in the show notes.
S1: Hello there. If you've just joined us. We asked this question before the break. It was our quick one. What is the record for rowing across the Atlantic?
S2: These are crazy. The fastest it's ever been done is 29 days, 14 hours and 34 minutes. Wild. Uh, that was set by the four man crew. The four oarsmen back in 2018 are fastest female pair 38 days and fastest solo female 40 days 21 hours.
S1: Wow.
S2: They're basically rowing from La Gomera to Antigua.
S1: I don't know where both of those places are, but it sounds like a long way apart.
S2: Sounds like a month apart on a rowboat.
S16: Like a blind man at an orgy. I was going to have to feel things out.
S10: Jay and Doug's drive home. Rock drive.
S1: Lenny the Eagle. Kravitz. Paralyzed. Eight after four. Drunk driving you home on the Rock. Quick! Well done to the 2026 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame nominees The Black Crowes, Billy Idol, Phil Collins, Iron Maiden, Oasis. Let's get into it. Nicknamed ninjas.
S17: Forgiveness, please. Nickname. ninjas.
S1: You guys have a particular set of skills and you know how to use them. Here's the scenario. So there's a guy at work turns up every day, but he's an odd one, complains about anything and everything, but he comes in with all these weird scenarios like, would you rather slap a ball in the backside or sleep with a monkey? Or tells us the difference, uh, the different types of cows. And then there's, uh, I'll give you $50 to ride that sheep. He's easily offended, but he can't take it. It takes everything to heart. Please help.
S2: Some help in the form of Barry Holden's suggestion. His nickname should be slinky. Not much use, but would put one hell of a smile on your face, pushing him down a set of stairs.
S1: I'll back it up with this one. Quinn Johnson. What about dildo? He can give it, but can't take it.
S2: Gordon Murray, one ply toilet paper. Can't handle shit.
S1: He's the waxy sort. That weird square stuff. Hey, uh, that's from Ritchie Moon, the Bad Waiter, always dishing it out but never takes it back.
S2: Uh, Greg Tucker suggested prunes. Okay, in small doses, but bound to give you the shits.
S1: That's from Nathan Rasmussen. Tony. Just because he reminds me of a guy I used to work with called Tony. That's from Damien Henly. The glove box full of crap. You can't shut him up. Peter Mitchell, Nimbus. The type of cloud. It's always a better day once he disappears.
S2: There's one here from Kody Hendra. The Turkish delight. Always there, but no one likes them. Uh, Barry Holden, the Mona Lisa, the Mona Lisa. Uh, Curtis beard, the appendix. No idea what he does or what he's doing, but we'd prefer to have him out.
S1: That's from Chris Morton. The politician talks bollocks, gives stick, and is easily offended when he receives it back. And Brian Haddock splinter. Irritating prick that gets under your skin.
S2: Great stuff. Those were spectacular.
S1: You got options. I couldn't help but notice that you sent that through in the Sniper's Nightmare Facebook page. Anonymous.
S2: Yeah.
S1: So. Anonymous. You have options.
S2: Someone just put in from anonymous. Call him Jay Cartwright. Clearly, clearly, clearly someone who's exactly the same that they work with.
S1: Hey, mate, would you rather slap a ball on the backside or sleep with a monkey?
S2: Late edition from Ethan Clark. Is it too early? Why don't you call him Steve Irwin? Takes everything to the heart.
S1: Too soon. Too soon? Nah, I'm not okay with that.
S2: Name, neither.
S1: I wish you had a filter.
S2: Me neither. What? Yes.
S13: Like the sound of that. You can get the link in the show notes.
S1: Pearl Jam Record's rock drive in the Rock Thursday afternoon. Uh, the award winning Morning Rumble had Kelly Slater on the show this morning. He's over for the New Zealand Golf Open, which is exciting happening out of Millbrook and Queenstown. Is it?
S2: Yep. Yep. They're going to be, um, there's quite a lot of golf actually happening over the, the next week, a lot of tournaments in and around the courses. And he, I think covers it off in this chat that he had with him the most probably expensive round of golf that you can have in New Zealand.
S11: New Zealand Golf.
S3: Open is on this weekend, the Pro-Am as well. The 11 I mean he's a he's an amazing golfer but just the world's greatest surfer Kelly Slater good morning. The goats welcome the Kelly Slater bro.
S2: Welcome to.
S3: The Rumble.
S18: That was a huge golf clap right there.
S3: Thanks guys. I know, uh, so you're the world's greatest surfer. Um, and you're a scratch golfer. So when did you start golf?
S18: Uh, gosh, I've been golfing for 30 years now.
S3: So all around the sort of the same time you were the world's greatest surfer?
S18: I was, I, I started playing when I was about 23. So I'd been 3 or 4 years into competing full time as a pro on the tour, but I found golf and got really addicted to it. It kind of took away from my surf time a little bit, but it actually sort of helped improve my mental game competitively. Why so?
S19: Just because it is such a punishing game mentally?
S18: Yeah, because you just start hating yourself and you find some deep rooted issues and you get rid of them.
S3: Uh.
S19: Kelly Slater is with us on the show new Zealand Golf Open happening this weekend. Now, you're not a stranger to New Zealand and golf. Uh, I've been lucky enough to be invited, and I've played at, um, a couple of times, which is New Zealand's number one golf course. Got to be invited to play there or be a member. You've played there with a friend of ours, Israel Adesanya, the last stylebender. How does he go golf? How did those rounds go? And how much have you played here?
S18: Uh, the. We had one round together. We played at, uh, tiara, and, uh, it was fun. His brother came and a couple friends. We had a good time. Um, he he loves his golf. Pretty funny. You know, maybe. Maybe you wouldn't think a surf would love golf. Maybe you wouldn't think a fighter would love golf. But, you know, there's just some burning desire there to improve the technique that that resides within us. But as far as it goes, I just love it. Rick Kane, who's the founder of the club, uh, we became friends about close to ten years ago, and he's invited me to play as a member, guest tournaments with him. And I've become really close friends with my buddy Reuben, who's a caddie up there, and he surfs the area. And, uh, so I really enjoy getting back there now.
S20: Kelly, it smells here. The cells coming to to Raglan when you were at the top of your game, how often did you come to New Zealand to surf? Obviously competitively. Uh, not that often, but what are your memories of surfing New Zealand, and did you just turn up at breaks and people go, bro, are you Kelly Slater?
S18: I actually don't have much surf history in New Zealand. Uh, I have probably more golf history. We've never had a World Tour event. We've had qualifying series events, um, like just smaller events, but never had a full fledged world tour event in, in New Zealand until now. so that'll be great. Billy Stairmand got, uh, you know, your New Zealand boy got the, uh, wild card. And I think there's one more up for grabs for someone through a trials of some sort, so that'll be super exciting. Obviously, Raglan's sort of the premier. Name when you when you hear about surfing in New Zealand. So it should be a really great event. I imagine the crowds will turn up pretty huge. Hopefully you get some really great surf. It's a good time of year for it.
S1: I cannot wait for that. Yeah, I've already booked my accommodation. I'll be down there. It's also the weekend of my birthday.
S2: Yeah. What a treat you are in for.
S1: I haven't seen you since I was 14, but I'm here for it.
S2: Yeah, mate, there'll be no space in the lineup at all. Um, they didn't touch on it. Or maybe they did in the.
S1: Hang on. Did you think I wanted to go down there to surf?
S2: I thought you might have been giving it a crack for the first time.
S1: Excuse me. Kelly. Locals only.
S2: Hey, guys.
S1: Do you mind if I grab this one on my boogie board? Hey, it's more the fact that I haven't paid much attention to it over the straight hander.
S2: Um, but he, um, they didn't touch on it in the chat there, but, uh, Kelly Slater and Izzy Dag, uh, basically played six holes on six different courses, and they got there, and the the golf cart was a helicopter, including, uh, the new golf course at Glendhu Bay. Um, which is incredible. Um, which Derby's old man owns? Well.
S1: On Lake. Warner Lake. Wanaka.
S2: Yeah. Impressive. Like such an insane setup.
S1: That's cool man. Uh, next placemakers Total Recall. Uh, your chance went up to $500 in placemakers vouchers. If you'd like to play. Oh, eight handed rock foam. We'll explain all and get you on after this.
S13: After was 90.2 Auckland.
S10: The rocks Jay and dunk.
S13: The rock drive.
S1: Hello there. If you just joined us we asked this question before the break. It was our quick one. How many eggs does a praying mantis lay?
S2: Uh praying mantis female praying mantis can spit out anywhere between 50 and 400 eggs at one time, encased in a hardened foam structure called an theca.
S1: That's too many. I don't think the world would be like, oh, there's no more praying mantises, are they?
S2: They also eat the male after banging the May.
S1: Oh, yeah, I heard they eat 2 or 3 if they've had a real good go on the malnourished.
S2: Imagine Bonny Blue was a praying mantis. Should we chock a block?
S1: Let's not give a chance to win big with picnics. Foo fighters tickets on sale for Auckland and Christchurch. As of now on the NZ generator on the Rock.
S13: Listen to our other podcast not for radio. Wherever you're listening to this one, just search. Not for radio.
S1: The Black Keys, Eagle Birds, Rock drive with your old mates Shandong Thursday afternoon. How do we get to hear now this coming weekend? It feels like we've had preseason games for weeks on end. Well, we actually have. But the NRL kicks off and Vegas, which is awesome. Allegiant Stadium and there is a couple of games. 315 Sunday afternoon sees the, um, Newcastle Knights take on the Queensland Cowboys and then after that you've got Saint George taking on, uh, the Bulldogs. And I said this earlier and the odds have actually come down, but, uh, I reckon it's just the Cowboys are going to get up over the Knights and paying $1.55. And if you couple that up, this is the bit that I'm sort of same game multi looking at. And we are hosting a pot on um Sunday afternoon for this J.
S2: Yes. Reminder I'll be there. Just not physically. Probably not mentally either but I'll be there.
S1: Your body will be there. I'll be doing the work. That's okay because I'm used to that.
S2: Yeah. Um, we're keeping we're consistent with our approach.
S1: The Knights have lost their last five games. Cowboys have won two of the last three. Their last one was a loss though. And then so we have a look at the top like the favorite try anytime try scorer Murray Toolangi. Yeah it's meant to be mate. My son's name is Muzz as well. Um get him in there. And so that's paying like 270 or something like that for a same game multi Happy days, I reckon.
S2: This isn't a bad one, Dominic. Young Scott Drinkwater and Tom Dearden. End times, all of them. 1824.
S1: Yeah, I'm going off the bulk. Any time. Try scorers.
S2: But that's like this is one. Here's another, here's another. This is out of the bit social part. So these are the popular ones. So basically this is a five legger that 414 other people have punted on. Fletcher sharp any time Greg Mazure any time Jackson. Purdue. Any time. Murray. Toolangi. Any time. Tommy Dearden. Any time.
S1: One 1518 yeah, but then you go, you basically could be picking every try scorer in the game.
S2: Yeah.
S1: That's tricky.
S2: It's been done.
S1: Not that many times. Anyway, these are the arguments myself and Jay will have in the hour lead up to spin in the Rockpile.
S2: Yeah, because I like to go these monstrous Maltese, um, and dunk's a bit more. Just make money, you know?
S1: Do you know what, though? Jay will hit one and win, like, 30 grand one time, and I'll just never hear the end of it. Yeah, yeah, never.
S2: 26 is as the year of the 26 league multi. You watch this space.
S1: Can you even get a 26 league multi on the same game.
S2: No not on the same game. I'm going to put it across everything. I'll be doing hamster racing all the way through to inline figure skating.
S1: So we've got a $50 bet bonus bet for you to win right now. And also food delivery for Sunday afternoon. Uh, for the opening weekend of the NRL, you can tick ticks to three, 5 to 0. That will put you in the draw. Make sure you put your first and last name because we're going to announce the winner. And a couple of moments, uh, also heads up as well. If you place a $10 or more bet on both NRL Vegas games, you can score $20 in bonus cash that is officially live now. Um, and new customers as well. Score $100 bonus cash when you sign up and deposit 50 bucks or more.
S2: Ah, I didn't even know this. This is once again in the Bet social, um, part of it. So they've got markets popular. And then for you as same game multi. So you can go up to ten bucks for your same game. Multi 10 to 20 gives you all the odds. 20 to 50 and then 50 plus. So you hit on whichever tab you want. It gives you all of the betting options there. That's cool. Very cool.
S1: They keep making that app better and better don't they obviously are 18 punt responsibly uh get texting you to 3520. Give us four minutes and we'll be back with the winner after the offspring.
S21: He speaks the bullshit.
S10: Jay and dunk.
S13: The rock. Drive.
S1: The offspring self esteem and his rock driving the rock G. I hope that camera in there is capturing Benny Boy, trying to drag that wire out of the back of the desk there. They look like hard work, bro. Yeah, it looks luggage. If you're new to the show, Benny Boy is our executive producer. The replacement of show boss Tiggs, who went to Walkinshaw Racing Supercars team.
S2: And she's loving every second of it at the moment, which is great. And I think she quickly realized how much work goes into packing out of a Supercars event, Mhm. Particularly when you normally get three hours and you get an hour and a half.
S1: They got the Monday off after the racing so it's quite good. So they're in Melbourne next weekend. Yeah. And then a couple of weeks later in Taupo.
S2: Which in it's like Melbourne coincides with the formula one. So it's just sick.
S1: Crazy. You've done that.
S2: Yeah. It's it's one of the greatest weekends around.
S1: I haven't done that. I need to do that.
S2: Yeah. It's particularly if you get some real you get some real good individuals together and you get a really cruisey number on a corporate gift, you know, corporate sort of hosting suite setup.
S1: Well, that'd be the way to do it. That would be way everyone would do it if they could.
S2: Red bull, I know you're listening. Send this over.
S1: Oh, yeah.
S2: Let's take a team.
S1: I look like a Red bull athlete. I look good on all their photos.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Wouldn't I if I sucked it in a little bit? Not a lot.
S2: They might look to be firing somebody out of a cannon. I reckon you would. You'd fit the bill.
S1: You're not going to start the race for.
S2: Just dunk across the course.
S1: Um, now, I also want to get you to go to State of Origin this year. Yeah. Bucket list. So we're doing Bathurst later in the year. That's a special place.
S2: Um, those packages are still available to, uh, if you're wanting to go.
S1: I've got some left.
S2: Yeah, I think there might be a couple left.
S1: Alright, well, I'm going to guess because we've talked about it for a couple of weeks at Bathurst A3520. If you want to join me and Jane Bathurst that's going to be awesome. Now back to Beecher and the NRL. First uh, round is this weekend in Vegas. Couple of games from 315 uh, and the afternoon on Sunday. And have we got a winner for the $50 bonus bet? And also a food delivery for Sunday afternoon?
S2: We do start rubbing your hands together. Uh, and we wish you all the very best of luck. Brian fogarty. Congratulations, Brian Fogarty. Good on you. So if you, um, if, you know Big Bri unit, swing around his place because he's gonna have some great Tucker during the, um, the during the league on Sunday.
S13: Tell us what's next, fellas.
S2: Uh, it looks to be the great Dargaville toilet fiasco of 2013 has reared its ugly head again.
S1: Headset. Are we going to revisit that? Mhm. That's the story that needs to be told on a Thursday evening.
S2: It is indeed.
S1: If you're like oh what is that. Well we're going to have it for 5:10.
S2: You were given the opportunity to go somewhere nice. And this is the reason why you no longer go anywhere nice.
S13: Like the sound of that. You can get the link in the show notes.
S22: Oh ho ho ho! He's a working class man.
S1: G'day, battlers. Drunk driving you home. Thanks to our mates at Novus Glass. Yeah, Novus, if you've got a chip or crack on your windscreen this summer just calling to your local branch, they'll sort it out for you.
S2: We've got some international correspondents for late mail. And also, you know, you've always wanted to hear it. If the Michael Jackson hit song Billie Jean was done as an Irish folk song cover.
S1: Oh, man, that's so good.
S2: Would you say better than the original?
S1: Yep. Didn't even have to think about that for too long. Tom Petty learning to fly the rock with your old mates.
S13: Jane the Rock drive podcast.
S1: The rainfall. Nothing makes sense. I just want to. Can we just pretend this is, uh, hasn't just happened? Okay. Uh, and so Jay's talking off air during that song, and he's saying to me.
S2: Guess how many, um, endemic CKD species there are in New Zealand? Ooh. And because very loud at the moment, very cicada.
S1: The boy listening through the glass window there says instantly 42.
S2: 42 cicada species in New Zealand. That's why.
S1: Pacquiao. How did you know that, Benny boy?
S13: I think we've got exactly the same Instagram feed. I saw it last night.
S2: Okay. Yeah. Oh, what's happened is, as women become in sync, the three of us have most definitely become in sync. And in terms of our algorithms.
S1: That's a concern. Yeah.
S2: Which depending on who's got the strongest.
S1: Everyone's talking about it. It's just all coming up in your matched algorithm.
S2: Well.
S1: It's pretty impressive, though.
S2: That's amazing.
S1: I think I've got all 42 of those species in the bank and behind my house. It's that loud?
S2: You probably do. Uh, and then another. My my only other disturbing little bug fact that I've got is that they have discovered a caterpillar. Which is this how this is nature at its absolute best. They've discovered a caterpillar that kills other insects and then sews the insects bodies to his back. So it's like a full, like a full Hannibal Lecter set up.
S1: Ooh.
S2: Yeah. So it walks around with all of the skeletons of these flies that it eats on its back.
S1: That's pretty badass.
S2: That's pretty badass.
S1: Yeah, you wouldn't mess with them. Uh, and keeping with native species here in New Zealand as well. Jam this one in, too. Before we get to this outrageous AI song. Uh, different cover of, uh, Billie Jean's Michael Jackson's Billie Jean. The kakapo have had a great season of rooting.
S2: Yes.
S1: Slamming the the berries, getting them. I don't know if they've been getting drunk and frisky or whatever, but. How's this? This is, course, the flightless parrot. Um, only place in the world is here in New Zealand. New Zealand, you get them? They were near extinction ten years ago. There was only 50 left. Now there's like 200. I reckon this is going to be one of the biggest seasons ever for them.
S2: Yeah, it gets exponentially better the more they bang.
S1: They should do pay per views for that. Oh yes. You were saying before was it? Okay. Moving on here is this air cover. It's ridiculous. This is, uh, what if Michael Jackson's, uh, Billie Jean was an Irish folk song.
S23: She was more like a beauty queen from a film scene. I said, don't mind, but what do you mean? I am the voice.
S11: Down.
S23: Who will dance on the floor in the round. She said I am the one who will dance on the floor in the round.
S24: Of mine.
S2: Whipping into a thick, creamy pint and having to listen to.
S24: That.
S23: As she caused a scene. Then every head turned with eyes that dreamed of being the one who would dance on the floor in the round. But Billie Jean is not my lover. Oh my God, oh my God, she's just a girl who claims that I am the one. But the kid is not my son. She says I am very cool.
S1: Do you know, um. I forget what website it is, but there's like a, uh. I'm feeling lucky button when you can't make a decision. They need that on Spotify, eh?
S2: Yeah.
S1: And then it just goes bang. Whacks you some Irish folk music just to mix things up. See the bloody K-pop demon hunters mixed in with tool at the moment? And Yungblud, which is what the kids are into.
S2: Yeah, I'm loving a little, loving a little sort of ramshackle runaway on some of those tracks that we've been listening to.
S1: Yeah, it's good man. Uh yungbluds. Um, IDLES volume two or whatever it's called. Very good. There's some real good tunes in there. My boys have been absolutely loving it. Give us a couple of moments. Got to be back with all the details. How you can be off to the Daytona 500 Speedway to see Foo Fighters and Guns N roses, and we'll stick with America. The latest proposed USC white House fight card. The strokes last night. Rock drive on the Rock.
S13: The Rock drive podcast.
S1: Linkin Park up in your bottom. It is rock. Drive on the Rock. And tomorrow is your last chance before 5 p.m. to hear your boarding call. You got to be caller number 12 for Rock the globe 12. Your chance to spend five nights in Florida at the Daytona Speedway and headline acts Foo Fighters, guns N roses. 160 plus bands across this bill. And, um, yeah, just one more chance. So we'll make we'll make the draw for that. Like tomorrow night at 5:10 and someone's going.
S2: That's a quick turnaround, isn't it?
S1: Oh. It's crazy.
S2: Um, the UFC, white House. Yes. This is what, like it's. They've announced that, um, Pereira is going to be up against Chimaev, which is going to be a great fight.
S1: Not if someone rolls all over the other one.
S2: That's what I'm. Yeah, I think that a lot of people will be learning from that last fight that he had and just going, I can't be bothered with the smother fest.
S1: Oh, surely Dana won't just be like bra backhand. I'll give you a million bucks if you don't roll all over him. No one wants to see that this is Memorial Weekend.
S2: The hope was that Pereira would fight Ciryl Gane and that he would jump up to heavyweight.
S1: Oh, yeah, that would have been good.
S2: That would be quite sick. Um, the other, uh, the other fights that they reckon will we'll be getting announced a tapuria versus Justin Gaethje.
S1: Oh.
S2: Which is that one?
S1: Yes, yes.
S2: Yes, that'll be a monster. Harrison versus Nunez. Um, females. Um, McGregor versus Diaz three.
S1: That hasn't been confirmed.
S2: No no no no no. But that's what they're wanting.
S1: And I would love that.
S2: And, uh, Colby Covington versus Paddy Pimblett is another one that they've, um, said would be a possibility.
S1: The McGregor Diaz fight would be like a nice nostalgic fight, almost. You'd want to see it, but, you know, it's not going to be at the level of some of those other fights we've had recently. Because I've been out of the game for quite a while.
S2: I'd want to see Aspinall versus Jon Jones.
S1: What's, um, Nick Diaz? Imagine him fighting McGregor. I would love to see that. He was way better than Nate, but then ended up getting banned from the sport for like six years for smoking weed. Now it's legal in every state.
S2: Yeah, that's.
S1: Right. He was always the better fighter.
S2: Yeah, he was crazy good.
S1: Yeah. And also crazy.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Which was like crazy versus crazy. It would be awesome. What about you? Go. I mean, probably slightly unfair, but it's like, imagine, um, say, Nick does two rounds. Nate does two. Three rounds.
S2: Like a a tag team UFC event would be awesome.
S1: Conor would be the one to say yes to that.
S2: Yeah, yeah, you you two fighters and you basically can tag out if you're, like, about to get choked out, you can tap out.
S1: This is why we're not in charge.
S2: Yeah, yeah.
S1: You can switch.
S2: Out. It's just an endless fight.
S1: Uh, righto. Give us a couple of moments. Got to be back with late mail. A chance for us to get to some of the stuff we haven't had a chance to get to some correspondents from the UK as well. One of our big UK rock listeners, Danny Carroll. He's a great man. Loves it.
S2: Good to have you with us, mate.
S1: Grinspoon. Chemical heart on the Rock.
S13: How are you? Thanks for listening.
S1: Linkin Park up in your bottom. It is rock. Drive on the rock and tomorrow is your last chance before 5 p.m. to hear your boarding call. You got to be caller number 12 for Rock the globe 12. Your chance to spend five nights in Florida at the Daytona Speedway and headline acts Foo Fighters, guns N roses. 160 plus bands across this bill. And, um, yeah, just one more chance. So we'll make we'll make the draw for that. Like tomorrow night at 5:10 at May. Someone's going.
S2: That's a quick turnaround, isn't it?
S1: Oh it's crazy.
S2: Um, the UFC, white House.
S1: Yes.
S2: This is what, like it's. They've announced that, um, Pereira is going to be up against Shamir, which is going to be a great fight.
S1: Not if someone rolls all over the other one.
S2: That's what I'm. Yeah, I think that a lot of people will be learning from that last fight that he had and just going, I can't be bothered with this mother fest.
S1: Oh, surely Dana won't just be like bra, backhand. I'll give you a million bucks if you don't roll all over him. No one wants to see that this is Memorial Weekend.
S2: The hope was that Pereira would fight Cyril Gahan and that he would jump up to heavyweight.
S1: Oh, yeah, that would have been good.
S2: That would be quite sick. Um, the other, uh, the other fights that they reckon will be getting announced a tapuria versus Justin Gaethje. Oh, which is that one?
S1: Yes, yes.
S2: Yes, that'll be a monster. Harrison versus Nunez. Um, females. Um, McGregor versus Diaz three.
S1: That hasn't been confirmed.
S2: No no no no no. But that's what they're wanting.
S1: And I would love that.
S2: And, uh, Colby Covington versus Paddy Pimblett is another one that they've, um, said would be a possibility.
S1: The McGregor Diaz fight would be like a fight almost. You'd want to see it, but, you know, it's not going to be at the level of some of those other fights we've had recently. Because I've been out of the game for quite a while.
S2: I'd want to see Aspinall versus Jon Jones.
S1: What's, um, Nick Diaz? Imagine him fighting McGregor. I would love to see that. He was way better than Nate, but then ended up getting banned from the sport for like six years for smoking weed. And now it's legal in every state.
S2: Yeah, that's.
S1: He was always the better.
S2: Fighter. Yeah, he was crazy good.
S1: Yeah. And also crazy.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Which was like crazy versus crazy. It would be awesome. What about you? Go. I mean, probably slightly unfair, but I was like, imagine, um, say, Nick does two rounds. Nate does two. Three rounds.
S2: Like a a tag team UFC event would be awesome.
S1: Conor would be the one to say yes to that.
S2: Yeah. Yeah. You you two fighters and you basically can tag out if you're, like, about to get choked out, you can tap out.
S1: This is why we're not in charge.
S2: Yeah, yeah.
S1: You can switch.
S2: Out. It's just an endless fight.
S1: Uh, righto. Give us a couple of moments. Got to be back with late mail. A chance for us to get to some of the stuff we haven't had a chance to get to some correspondents from the UK as well. One of our UK rock listeners, Danny Carroll, is a great man. Loves it.
S2: Good to have you with us, mate.
S1: Grinspoon. Chemical heart on the Rock.
S13: Like the sound of that. You can get the link in the show notes.
S1: Hell of a tune, an excess never tear us apart. It is rock. Drive in the Rock. Thursday evening we're almost on the home run to the weekend. And a little bit of late. Mail for you now. A chance for us to get to some of the stuff we haven't had a chance to get to. Oh, by the way, I forgot to tell you this earlier as well. If you are catching Air New Zealand flight anytime soon, they have now banned EarPods and all Bluetooth headphones from being put in checked luggage due to fire safety fears.
S2: I wonder if that's little speakers as well then.
S1: One would imagine. So yes, anything with a lithium ion battery, they're not super keen being down there, are they?
S2: Understandably so. I've got a little bit international, um, international correspondence.
S1: Yeah, that's from Danny Carroll. So Danny Carroll is talking about something that's so good looking that it caused an accident. This is from yesterday's radio show. He said I went through a stage of buying old jags, and with the cost of fuel on the size of the fuel tanks, it was painful to fill them up. But then this happened. I pull up to the pumps, prepared to dump a month's salary into the beasts, and a little Porsche Boxster pulls up on the other side of the pump. On using out steps. A young lady in gym gear and I couldn't tell you her name, but the chances are most blokes would be aware of her work and her educational biology films that she makes. Now I've got a girlfriend in the car and I'm side eyeing so hard I was nearly having a stroke as all this was going on. A gentleman has just finished filling up and is walking across the forecourt heading towards the shop, and he notices the yoga pant wearing mattress. Actress completely misses the sliding door, walks straight into the glass panel windows, falls into the newspaper stand and it was just like the Yankees had won the World Series. I laughed. The VPN Netflix girl looks horrified and in the chaos and I go in, I pay. I get back to the car, giggling and say to the missus, oh my gosh, that was so funny. She looks at me deadpan, says, if you drove a mini, that would have been you dickhead. Well played.
S2: This is Sprinting into glass doors is one of the funniest things you'll ever see.
S1: When you have it, it's like there's certain sounds. When it's like a sweet spot hit like a the middle of a baseball bat, the perfect drive with a driver, middle of a cricket bat, or like a kid's head going into some safety glass at full speed. That sound. There's nothing else quite like that.
S2: Yeah.
S1: Actually, I say kids like a like a drunk adult bloke is better.
S2: Our our lawyers, where they're situated in this building, they've got a glass, basically a big glass plate at the end of a hallway and that looks like where you would walk into it, but you actually walk to the side of the glass plate and into the building, and the receptionist basically just sees people smudge their faces against it every single day. I was like, why don't you put a stripe on it? She's like, I could work anywhere in the world, but I stay here just for this alone. I was like, if you set up a camera above your head just as a security camera, you'd make millions selling this on the internet.
S1: So I've just found a four minute 26 compilation. Baby. It's a bloke in a dojo. That's it. That's a kid in the mall.
S17: Donk, donk!
S1: It's weirdly enjoyable, am I? Is anyone else feeling that or am I weird?
S2: I mean, it is. There is a certain amount of pleasure that you take in other people's misery. And that's the human race.
S1: Yeah, yeah. We wanted to do a segment once about overweight people like me, uh, rolling down hills accidentally, I think weirdly enjoyable as well. It's due to the fact that there's not a lot of strength in the ankle. It can go. Trust me, I know you now.
S2: They do the you know, they do the challenge where they try and do the Whitney Houston drum beat, you know, like it became one of those things.
S1: Yes.
S2: I reckon you could do the same thing. You pick the point of terminal velocity of a big person just before they bin it?
S1: Yes, I'll give it a go.
S13: Listen to our other podcast. Not for radio. Wherever you're listening to this one, just search. Not for radio.
S1: Hello there. If you've just joined us. We asked this question before the break. It was a quick one. How long does it take to fly to Antarctica from New Zealand?
S2: Flights out of Christchurch to Antarctica typically take between 5 and 7 hours. It's much further than I thought it would be.
S1: So you could do a return in ten, because there used to be the flight that would go down there, right?
S2: Would they do the Southern Lights flights where they fly out of there and they basically do a big, big loop. So you can see the southern lights, the aurora borealis.
S1: Jeez. I used to enjoy, uh, rugby bus trips across the Canterbury Plains, and that's pretty bloody boring to look at. I could do a booze cruise to Antarctica and back. No dramas as long as the drinks kept flowing.
S2: It's the. It's the boat trips where you fly into Argentina and go out of there. Those ones look crazy.
S1: Yeah. Your mate Logan done that?
S2: He did. He said it was epic. He's like, it is a bucket list must do thing. He's like that. And a safari. Job done.
S1: Mhm.
S2: It's kind of the only places where you see it where it used to be, where it's just unchecked.
S1: I've seen the documentary The Lion King, the new one.
S2: Oh yeah.
S1: Pretty good.
S2: Mate.
S1: All the way over there.
S2: Better to get acting lines that can actually speak English as well as you can understand what they're talking about.
S1: Wow. I think that's just peanut butter on the tongue, mate. Stereogram in the rock.
S13: Get that link in the show notes.
S1: Guns N roses. That is the rock with Shane Dunk. And last drinks for a Thursday going to get delivered up. And, uh, also going to be dedicated to a very special athlete here in New Zealand. One of the all time greats.
S25: I'd love to have a beer with Duncan. I'd love to have a beer with Duncan. We drink in moderation and we never, ever, ever, ever old and drunk. We drink at the town and country where the atmosphere is great. I love to have a beer with Duncan cause Duncan's mean mate.
S24: Yeah.
S1: One of the most destructive and best rugby players of all time, Portia Woodman. Wickliffe has retired from international rugby. As of today. I'm going to run you through what she achieved in her incredible career.
S2: Stats are amazing.
S1: Appointed officer of New Zealand Order of Merit that was just last year. Maori Sportswoman of the year 2017. World Rugby Women's Sevens Player of the decade 2020. World Rugby Women's Player of the year 2017 and again in 2015. She scored her 50th test try at the 2025 Rugby World Cup, a historic milestone. She is the all time leading test try scorer across both men's and women's rugby in New Zealand, so she surpassed Doug Howlett's record. She's the first woman to score 250 tries in the Sevens Series. First woman to score 200 tries in the World Rugby Sevens Series as well. Uh. She won the Rugby Sevens World Cup titles in 2013 2018. She's got a Commonwealth Games gold medal in the sevens. She was the winner of the Women's Rugby World Cup in 2021, also 2017. She got a silver medal in Rio Olympics and again she went and got a medal at Paris in 2024, four years before that. No dramas mate. I'll pick up the one for Tokyo as well.
S2: She is incredible.
S1: Isn't that just crazy? Like what a special human.
S2: Yeah, yeah. And, uh, obviously she feels like she's not done in rugby completely. Um, and will be. Everyone's waiting for the comeback because she's sort of nudged it and gone. Ah, look, I'm done. But body is just unreal on it. Like, it just has got years and years and years to play.
S1: Well, she kind of had done that. And then she came back last year didn't she. Yeah. For the World Cup.
S2: Yeah. So I would be interested to see if she can stay away from the game, because it just isn't the game without it.
S1: My only regret would not be putting more money on her to score two or more tries than all of her matches.
S2: Yeah, that was, um. Yeah, that women's rugby is amazing. And women's the NRL is really great. Odds on that one.
S1: Yeah. Of, um. Yeah. Really, really been enjoying it as of late. Well, enjoy your well-earned break. No matter how long it lasts. Portia, you've been just an absolute treat to watch. Uh, so, last drinks dedicated to you. Have a great night in New Zealand, Paul Murray hooroo.