S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio. It's Carl and crew, and that's one of our big beliefs around here. We just watch what God can do. I think more often than not, our job around here is to get out of God's way, no doubt. I mean, just get get out of God's way and let him work. That's key for what we're doing around here.
S2: Very much so.
S1: It's a thrill, guys. We just we want you to know from time to time every now and then. Have we told you lately that we love you? That's a good tune.
S2: Finding new ways to sing, are we?
S1: Oh, yeah. A little.
S2: You know.
S3: He's in a good mood today.
S2: I wonder why he's in such a good mood today, I wonder?
S1: I actually know you guys are horrible.
S4: Yeah, we were going to get there.
S1: You know, it's funny. I was going to bed last night. My wife said happy birthday tomorrow. I'm like, oh, I totally forgot. And then ally comes in this morning, she goes, happy birthday. And I'm like, no. When I came in first, you crazies were in here? Yes. And you said happy birthday. And I'm like, I'd forgotten again.
S2: Okay.
S5: We'll remember for you.
S1: See what 42 years of living does to you?
S2: Yeah.
S1: Kind of messes you up a little bit. Well, thank you guys, I appreciate it.
S2: We're very grateful for you. Can I, can I can I steal the the mic for, like, 30s.
S5: Steal it. I'm turning it. Do I need to turn this off or.
S2: Yeah. You do need to turn this off. Because. Because he's gonna try to interrupt.
S5: He's off.
S2: Okay, so here's what you need. Here's what you. Yes. You listening? Whether you're new or have been here for a while, here's what you need to know about Carl. And I'm going to brag on him on his birthday. The way he brags on everybody else at any opportunity.
S5: This is true.
S2: Carl has such a heart and a passion for the gospel, and a genuine love for people that flows out of everything he does and the person. The craziness, the excitement that you hear is exactly who he is at every moment of every day that he's in this studio. And every interaction that we get to have with him is a real joy. He's our fearless leader, and it's been my privilege to work with him for almost eight years. I started to talk like him. Yes, which I don't love that part.
S5: That came early on.
S2: I know it came fast.
S1: I'm in a cage over here.
S5: Yeah. You're stuck.
S2: But we are incredibly grateful. I think I can speak on behalf of the team here. We're incredibly grateful to have Karl leading us so well. He has a pastor's heart, a radio voice, and he really, really loves what he gets to do here. So. Okay, you can turn his mic back on.
S5: You're back.
S2: He's a new.
S5: Grandpa. Out of the cage.
S2: He's a new grandpa.
S1: It's gonna make.
S2: Me happy birthday.
S1: It's gonna make me cry, man.
S5: Yeah. Your first birthday is a grandpa.
S1: That's true. There's a lot of firsts when you become a grandpa.
S2: No doubt you're gonna have your first 4th of July.
S1: First time with a grandkid out for ice cream. First time as grandpa in the park.
S2: Have you done the first stroller push yet?
S1: No, my bride has.
S2: Oh, man, that that.
S1: My pride has I can't wait. And these strollers nowadays, they're like Ferraris.
S5: Oh, yeah. Go slow.
S2: Go slow. You can't be out there running.
S1: Oh, no.
S2: I'm in a car with this kid.
S1: I'm a power walk with this kid. You crack me up.
S2: I'm like, wait a second. Carl's going to be doing sprints out there.
S5: He goes, let's go.
S6: Let's go, let's go, let's go.
S1: Let's do some interval training with your kids.
S2: Your four months old. Now you can take it.
S1: Oh, thank you for that I really do. I appreciate that and I love you guys. It's a it's a good day to be alive. It's a good day to be alive.
S2: And we got snacks, which is always great.
S1: Oh hold it, hold it, hold it. We got my fave. And I've already had them for breakfast. Breakfast of champions. You know what it is? Peanut butter filled pretzels. Oh, yeah. You get a little bit of that salt in your gizzard. You're ready to rumble.
S2: Sweet birthdays are our excuse to have food in the studio.
S5: So.
S2: We all get to benefit.
S5: We look on the calendar and say, oh, birthday coming up soon.
S6: Yes.
S5: Food.
S1: Here comes the grub.
S6: Oh, by the way, happy birthday.
S5: Yeah, right.
S6: Yeah.
S1: Oh, by the way, there's food in here. Must be so. Whose is it?
S5: Whose birthday?
S1: Yeah. Thank you. Guys. Listen, uh, we're rolling here today. We've been steaming toward mom's day. Have you noticed that we. Every day we get closer to Mother's Day?
S2: I have noticed.
S1: Funny how that works. It's weird. Yesterday was a one further day away.
S5: It's a weird.
S1: Thing. Now we're a day closer.
S5: My, uh, my in-laws make fun of me because one. My first Thanksgiving I spent with them, you know, great time. And then. And then a year later, got all together. And I was at their house around Thanksgiving, and I said, can you believe it's been a year since the last Thanksgiving already? And I meant to do, like, you know, the passage of time kind of thing. And, and my, my father in law was like, yeah, it's kind of how it works and.
S6: And usually.
S2: Comes along once a year.
S5: Like ten years later.
S1: Father in law.
S5: Going.
S6: Yeah, he's a bright one. Yes.
S1: Oh, that is awesome. Ali, that's. Now that shows we've been working together a while because there's no way, even four years ago, she would have popped off with that one.
S6: No way.
S1: All right, coming up, we got a treat for you.
S2: We are continuing our in-depth conversations on manhood. Today is going to be a special message, a special appeal to the young men.
S1: The young men.
S2: The young men.
S7: He was running from God. But God's love brought him home. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S1: What do we need? We've been talking about manhood all week long. Man, have we gotten a vision for manhood.
S2: Ali, it's been an incredible week. And today we're going to talk a little bit about what young men need. What's the young man need? And what kind of young men do we as a society need?
S1: Yeah. What do we need? Brandt. Come on, man. You wrote a book about it. You must have some answers here.
S8: I sure did. I at least took a shot at it. Here's the problem. A lot of a lot of guys, when they're younger or even older, guys like churches will have programs, will have programs like guys need to man up. We need men to be men. It's like, okay, what are you talking about, though? Exactly right.
S1: Yeah. It sounds like grunting and spitting, right?
S8: So honestly. So that's what happens. Like we'll get the guys together and we'll be like, okay, let's do some outdoorsy stuff. Well, there's guys who are artists. There's guys who are, you know, not necessarily hunters. So what is it? What's actually masculinity? I find honestly that churches, a lot of lot of believers have a hard time articulating it. We can articulate very easily toxic masculinity. But what is what's the target? It can't just be football and outdoorsy stuff.
S2: We have Brent Hanson with us right now, best selling author and radio host. You hear him on Moody Radio all the time. If you listen to our spots, his voice is very distinctive. He's written a book, The Young Men. We need God's purpose for every guy and how you can live it out. Brent, I'm the parent of a 12 year old boy and he told me recently, he said, mom, this is going to be a big summer for me. I said, oh really? He said, yep, I'm going to hit a growth spurt and I'm going to get better at sports. And he's he's waiting for this summer and then the fall that comes after where he's going to come back and just shock the world. And as in world, I mean his middle school with the new version of himself. Because to him being bigger, stronger and faster than he currently is is pretty appealing. I mean, and he's not alone in that. I mean, in the midst of all the spiritual stuff, most guys want to be bigger, stronger and faster because.
S8: Absolutely.
S2: That's what appeals to everyone, right?
S8: Totally. So I always thought I was going to be bigger. I'm still waiting for my growth spurt, actually. It's funny, my dad's six three. I still look up at him. I'm 510. I'm still like, hey, dad, look it up. Like, what in the world when is this going to happen? But I get all of that. What's missing? And this is missing in churches, too. This is why I'm so excited about this issue. Like, let's talk about this. What is it that you're supposed to be aiming for as a man. So the vision I'm trying to say is that idea. I'm taking a shot at it. Say you're supposed to use your strength. You use what you're given as a man to be a keeper of the garden. That's your job. And so I unpack in the book. What I do is unpack what that looks like. You are actually supposed to provide security to people. You're supposed to help vulnerable people flourish. That's why you're given strength. That's why you're given the skills that you have. And to the extent that you do that, that's true masculinity. But if you're not given that vision, guys are clueless. And so you wind up being young and strong. You might be in your physical prime at 20 or 22 or whatever, and you're a terror. I mean, look at the crime stats, but they're not told. Look, you're given this strength to protect people. And also so the people around you can flourish, you come underneath people provide a place where the vulnerable can thrive. And that's gardening. And the thing is, guys, what's awesome about this, when you do give guys a vision for this, They get it. Yeah. They're just not told this. They're just said man up or be a man, like, okay, but what does that look like? And the great thing about this is you don't have to be jacked. You don't have to have a truck. You can do it in your space. You make the vulnerable feel safe where you are because you're there.
S1: Yeah, it's really interesting. Brad Hanson, our guest. Right now, we've got two visions of manhood dominantly in our culture today. We got the tape, brothers toxic stuff, which is so incredibly twisted. It's weird. Ally is nothing but the truth with a twist at the end. And there's a gnarly twist at the end of that one. So you got that whole vibe going on, and sadly, a lot of evangelical men have picked it up. Then you got the other side and it's a dominant culture scream, and it's real. And it's basically men sit down and shut up. Those are the two competing visions out there. How do we get a biblical worldview? I mean, a healthy, God sized vision for men in front of them. How do we do that, Brent?
S8: That's what I'm trying to do. That's the idea with this book. I was like, at some point, you can't just say, guys need to man up. We need men to be men. Let's get steaks tonight. But if you don't actually articulate the vision, like I'm saying, I'm being a keeper of the garden, they'll never get it. But what's cool is that 12 year old guys will get it. Ten year old guys will get it. Like, this is why you're given strength. This is the whole point. But if you're not given the vision, you wind up being a terror. Like I'm supposed to make my wife feel secure. And to the extent that I do, she's attracted to me. I don't have to be jacked. I don't have to be, you know, ex-military. I don't have to be all that stuff. If my wife feels more secure because I'm there, she's attracted to me. The culture is better off if men understand this, but we're not given the vision. That's why I wrote the book. I'm like, I'm the last guy you would think would write this. I'm a I play the flute you guys like in the accordion. But this is it. And when I articulate this, I can be in a factory. And I've done this many times. I talk to people as believers and non-believers. The women will be watching with their heads cocked to one side like him, and they will come up after. And I'm like, wonder what they're thinking? They're like, please tell my boyfriend this. I got to get him to read this book. That's exactly what I'm looking for. Women resonate with this because I believe it's actually what we're created to do. But if you don't have the vision for it, you're just casting about with all these different ideas, like the Tate brothers, like you got the trappings of masculinity, but they actually aren't keepers of the garden. They're the enemies within. They're a threat to women and children. They don't provide security. Your wife. Honestly, if you're a source of security, she'll find you attractive.
S2: Brandt Hanson, our guest right now. Coming up. So what are the decisions Brandt says that make a man and that set him apart from the others? More coming up here on Karl and crew.
S7: She was trying to earn her way to God, but God showed her she didn't have to. Ali is in the crew. It's Karl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: So what makes a man a man, and what are the decisions that will set him apart? Brant Hansen, a best selling author radio host with us right now. Talk a little bit about these decisions that you've outlined in this book for young men.
S8: Well, the whole point and I do have six. I just thought it'd be. Usually you do 12. I thought, hey, I'll do 50% off. It'll be easier to understand. But honestly, it really is. These six things I think are masculinity. And one of them is making the people around you who are vulnerable feel safer because you're there. Look, this doesn't mean you have to be working out. You have to be ex-Marine. You can do it with your presence. I don't want my wife to feel insecure around me. And I have found in the past few years I need to moderate how I say things because I can come across a certain way. It actually makes her feel insecure. Instead of using my voice to help her feel loved, like you have to have this vision for like I'm supposed to be a source of security. That's all. And people need it so bad, like so. All these six decisions actually are to help you become that source of security for people. That's masculinity at its best. Women are very attuned to our children, are very attuned to our voices. We can growl and we can roar, or we can be a source of peace. And I'm telling you what, like as I've practiced this in my marriage, my wife is more attracted to me. But people aren't told this. We bounce around all of the all the edges of it. We actually don't tell young guys or even older guys like once we tell them, though. My experience has been once they read the book or whatever, they're like, I got it.
S1: I want you to want you to do this, Brent. I want you to speak to the man that stuck in. We call it tape Brothers, but it's a that's a good defining moment for what toxic masculinity is. If you don't know about the tape, brothers, don't bother. It's all about manhood run amok. And frankly, it's everything that Brent stands for. It's against it. And that the word stands for. I mean, God, the way he called men to be leading loving servants. My goodness. So speak to the toxic, the men that's been mentored in toxic masculinity. And then hit the flip side of that, the man that feels like I'm emasculated and there's no all the lines are blurred and gender anyway, so I'm just going to kind of hang out on my digital software here and waste my life away. Speak to both.
S8: Okay, this is good news for those of us who aren't totally ripped with Ferraris and private planes. Women will actually resent your good looks and resent your muscles if you're a threat, if you're flirting with other women, or you're creating insecurity in the home, you're actually kind of repulsive. Conversely, the great news you don't have to be all that stuff. If you're a source of security, if people are more secure because you're around, you're golden. I see guys at Christian schools that are that look up to the Tate brothers because they're not told this. If they were told this, they would get it. I'm telling you, if we could just tell young guys this, they get it, but they're not told this. Unfortunately, the church a lot of times is like super impressed with muscles again and super impressed with, you know, Christian guys who play football like awesome. That's great. But that's not the heart of masculinity. And unless you tell guys this, they won't have the picture. Once you do, they get it. They're going to be a blessing to people for the rest of their lives.
S1: Brian, I want to thank you for being in here today and and boom crew, we got a resource for you that's killer with one word that we're going to give you to text us here in just a moment, you're going to get an opportunity to look at a couple of things. One is a link to the men we need and the young men we need to dynamite books, grab a copy, give it to a young man, grab a copy, give it to a man. Grab one for yourself as well. Then we've also got embedded in this link that we're going to send you a seven part devotional that comes off YouVersion that you can get Ahold of today and begin being a garden keeper. And it will be a powerhouse for you. Ali, what do we have?
S2: Just text Brandt b r a n t. Brandt to 800 555 7898. Text Brandt b r a n t Brandt to 800 555 7898.
S7: Romans eight brought her to Jesus while broadcasting traffic overnight. Super die is in the crew. It's curling crew on Moody Radio.
S1: All right, Jonathan.
S6: You.
S1: Were at your day. It's your day.
S6: It's my day.
S1: Johnny boy, Jonathan never called you Johnny boy. Jonathan, this is your day.
S5: Oh it is.
S1: Yes.
S5: Thank you.
S1: Get an opportunity. I'm putting it on a silver platter for you.
S2: Okay. What do.
S6: We got?
S5: I'm gonna give you prizes.
S1: I there was a homiletics exercise that I did back in the day. It's called shoot from the hip with a loaded gun. That was the name of the exercise.
S6: Really?
S1: Yeah.
S2: In Bible.
S6: School?
S1: Yeah. Bible college? Yeah. Back there on the prairie where we had. No, I was back in Portland, Oregon, and, uh, great homiletics. Prof. Phenomenal guy teaching us how to preach. Teach. And it was it was epic. So wouldn't you know it out of a big old class, guess who get to guess who gets picked to go first?
S6: Uh, Carl?
S1: Yes, ma'am. I don't know why. Must be the red hair, but something. It's it. And I can almost guess it every single time when it's like, all right, we're going to do this exercise.
S6: We need somebody who can lead the way.
S1: It's like guaranteed they're going to pick me out of the crowd. And here we go. So I got picked out and I forget exactly what the passage was, but I had five minutes to go stand outside with the central passage. Come back in with a big idea. Big idea preaching was the idea here. What's a synthesizing essence of this passage? And preach a message. And what's really cool about it is God actually used it. It was so. God used it so powerfully. There was a girl in the front row that got teared up. I just shot from the hip and and the prof goes, okay, that's what we need to do. And and it was cool because and I can tell you this sincerely, it was so not me. Because here's Carl when I went outside, I stand outside the door and little do they know, and this is a little secret about loud guys that are leaders. There's reluctancy in our hearts at times. I believe that not everybody's like, oh yeah, give me the mic. I've never been a give me the mic guy. I've met him, but I've never been that guy. So I'm standing outside. I kid you not. I was like sackcloth and ashes.
S6: Wailing.
S1: To God. God, don't let me be put to shame. Oh, God, bring your power. And and I mean it. I was I was petrified, I was spitting out. I mean, I could have watered a desert with what was going on in my armpits.
S6: I mean, it was that it.
S5: Was.
S6: Crazy.
S1: I mean, it was a mess. And I'm crying out to. But I got in there and I delivered. So young Thunder, that's a big setup for something.
S5: I was getting more nervous as you were telling me about this story. Man, I was like.
S6: What's.
S5: He.
S6: Talking.
S5: About me right.
S6: Now? Yes.
S1: So, young Thunder, it's time to shoot from the hip with a loaded gun.
S6: And here's what.
S1: I'm gonna have.
S6: You do. Okay. He actually is nervous. He is. Buckle up.
S1: It's a little less pressure. I'm not going to have you exegete a passage or anything.
S6: Okay?
S5: Yeah.
S1: I want your best 32nd elevator pitch for what you do here, how you do it with the bigger. Why? What?
S6: Not yet.
S5: Okay. Okay.
S1: Don't you. Don't be taking a breath and going.
S6: Riffing on me.
S5: Give me.
S1: A time. You get a.
S6: Song.
S5: Yes, I get a song.
S1: Give me the what, the how and the why. Okay. And it's got to be compelling. Somebody's got to cry on the elevator.
S7: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's Karl and crew on Moody Radio.
S1: Sometimes you get on an elevator and you got to give a pitch, and you got 30 floors to do it in, or 12. Can you do.
S6: It?
S1: When you think about the gospel in an elevator pitch, what would it sound like for you? I did a little research around this morning. Early. Very interesting. If you look at the gospel and what it all entails and everything, you put it in an elevator pitch, There's no one certain pitch that is in Scripture. It's captured so many different ways, even by Jesus himself.
S2: Are we giving Jonathan more time?
S1: I am.
S2: I think he's ready.
S6: I do too.
S1: So here's the point. When you get an elevator pitch prepared, man, you can nail this thing, and it doesn't take a lot of time. Now I'm putting him on the spot, bless his heart. But I asked Jonathan to go out, take five minutes, and that's exactly what he's had. Come back in here and give me an elevator pitch on what, how and why he does what he does on the morning show. You ready to.
S6: Go?
S5: Yeah, absolutely.
S1: Take it.
S6: Away.
S5: So what I do when I come and sit down here in the morning is I sit in front of a big board with a lot of lights, a lot of buttons and a lot of screens. And what I do is I direct, edit and produce audio for the show, for Carl and crew. I turned the microphones on. I get the songs in the in the spots started. I also, when we're off air, I'm editing audio, making sure audio is ready to go for when we play it on air. So what I do is I'm directing traffic, just making sure that things go smoothly for the team. Why do I do that? I do that because I've been changed by the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. I've seen his power in my life. I've seen what he can do for a broken man. And this is different than working at a rock music station or broadcasting games for the Chicago Bears. You know, I've been changed. I can't be changed by those things. I can be changed by Jesus. And I do this because I have the opportunity to hold up a megaphone for God's Word and for his truth and for his life giving Word for people. I want people to be changed by Jesus like I was changed by Jesus. And so that's why I do what I do.
S6: Right there.
S2: I think someone's going to go a few more trips up and down the elevator so they can hear a little bit more of that. That's compelling.
S1: Isn't that.
S6: Compelling? Yeah.
S1: Isn't that sweet? You know what's great about that? I don't think you'd ever done that exercise before.
S5: I have not. Nope.
S1: You know that you are instantly armed with an elevator pitch that has a transcendent message in it.
S5: Yeah.
S1: When somebody asks you what you do.
S6: Yeah.
S5: And you know what the cool thing is? Is it actually one, it can feel other people for the vision that God has for my life, but it can also fuel me for the vision that God has for my life. Because you're right. I never have sat down and done that exercise before thinking about why do I do what I do? And now that I'm thinking about it, I'm like, I'm gonna hit these buttons just a little bit better.
S6: Than I did before that.
S5: Awesome. Absolutely.
S2: I love this, and I know that this is not where we're going with this, but if you think about I often get asked the question, so what do you do? Right? And everybody gets asked that question a million times over. And what we what you usually say is, oh, I work for such and such or oh, I do this, but can you imagine if we gave answers regardless of what your occupation was?
S6: Doesn't matter.
S2: But if you gave an answer that included not just the what, but the why and the how, so I could work for the city of wherever you live in streets and sanitation. That's the what. But what? What gets you up in the morning as a Christ follower to excel in whatever job? Can you imagine if we included that in the. So what do you do?
S1: Here's what's great, Ali.
S6: We can.
S5: There's this.
S6: Great. There it is. We can, we can.
S2: That's what I just realized. We can.
S6: Ah!
S1: It's beautiful. Great job, young thunder. Proud of you, man.
S6: I mean, that's killer stuff.
S5: I really appreciate that.
S1: Carlin. Cool mornings, helping you take your next step with Jesus or ascend an elevator with something to talk about.
S6: Hang on.
S7: You're listening to Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S1: Sometimes our kids can cause us to fall to our knees sometimes, but we are always falling to our knees in prayer. Sometimes it's kind of the reaction.
S6: Like, ah.
S1: What am I going to do with these kids? But it puts us in a posture where we can really get to work on the work that matters most.
S2: And the work. Speaking of the work that matters most, special guest Sallie Burke, president of Moms in Prayer International. This is a ministry that has groups, prayer groups, moms in prayer groups meeting in every U.S. state and more than 150 countries.
S1: What an awesome thing to feature on Mothers Day. Sallie. Does God really answer prayer?
S6: Come on.
S4: Yes.
S6: Hugely.
S9: Immeasurably more than we could ask or imagine.
S1: Give us a story, Sally, of something that just. It's just like exhibit A. Yes. God answers prayers for our kids.
S9: Oh my goodness, are my kids. Elementary school. We began to pray for each child on that campus, and it was a public school campus. And God brings on our public school campus a good news club where these kids would hear the gospel. Over 100 would come once a month. They would hear the gospel. They would receive Jesus as their Lord and Savior before our very eyes. And now they're teachers, they're preachers, they're mighty men and women of God. All because we took one hour once a week and we prayed for them.
S2: That's awesome. Sally, what are these gatherings look like? I'm assuming maybe a little different depending on where you are in the world. But generally speaking, is this just like it sounds? A group of moms who meet together to pray for a specific school?
S9: Yes, yes. And it's pretty much identical in over 150 countries around the world. We always start with praise, where we read Scripture and praise God. A time of silent confession, a time of thanksgiving where we get to see incredible answers to prayer. Then we use God's Word. God's word never comes back void. So I would pray like I would choose a scripture. May they love God with all their heart, mind, soul, and strength, and love others with themselves. May they be completely humble and gentle and patient, bearing everybody in love. Keeping that unity in Christ. And we would literally see that happen in our children's life and in the children that we prayed for on those campuses. And and God answers, and it doesn't matter where you live. In fact, I'm at Ridgecrest right now, and we're going to have women from all over the world. It's our 40th year celebration. We're we're going to pray for the children of the world.
S6: I love it.
S9: God has a great plan for this next generation. A mighty plan for this next generation. We get to be part of it through prayer.
S1: Yes, Sally, I got to tell you, I've been a pastor for a lot of years. Radio guy for way less. But the one thing that I think Satan wants to steal from us is the reality that God invites us into. This means under the umbrella of his sovereignty. This means of prayer as a means to fulfill his will on earth as it is in heaven. It's there's a lot of mystery to it, but make no mystery about it. If you look at the book of acts, people prayed, stuff happened, right?
S6: Sally.
S9: Yes. And that is so true. We get to partner with God. God already knows what he wants to do in our children's lives, but he has chosen to work through prayer. You have not because you ask not. When we ask, he answers. And call onto me, and I will answer you and show you great and mighty things you do not know. Amen. And just like I was listening to you talk about your 12 year old son, what an incredible plan he has for your son. And as we pray forth his Scripture, God's will will be fulfilled. It does not come back void. It always fulfills his purpose. So we get to bless our children with our prayers.
S6: Love it. Sally.
S2: Sally with us right now. President of Moms in Prayer International. We want to send you a keyword. Now this is going to allow you to find the your state contact.
S6: Oh, is that what we have?
S2: No matter where you are in the US, you have a state contact. You can find out about the global arm of this ministry. Just text the word Sally to 800 555 7898. If you are interested in more about this ministry Moms in Prayer International, just text Sally to 800 555 7898.
S1: Sally, this is so great. We love to not just in Chicagoland, but we broadcast around the United States and Canada and beyond. But I got to tell you, Sally, this is great. This is a practical resource that I think a lot of people have no clue it exists, wouldn't you say?
S2: Absolutely.
S1: Yeah. What a cool thing. Sally, thanks for ducking in here today, sister.
S9: I love it. And let those moms know you do not have to be a prayer expert. I never prayed out loud before, and I came to that moms in prayer group. And God forever changed and blessed my life and my kids.
S1: You know what? Thanks for that. Because I think a lot of times we think, oh boy, I got to have, you know, I better have an MDiv in prayer because there's no walls in prayer. You don't need to be some expert. In fact, Jesus said, I don't want it that way.
S2: Right. The polished prayers were the words are heaped up for the benefit of the person listening.
S1: Oh my goodness. Okay. What's that link again?
S2: Text Sally to 800 555 7898.
S7: Your shot of hope to help you through the day. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S1: It's right here. Hebrews 12. We've been going to it a lot lately, haven't we? It's good though. Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. You know, being in the race is one thing. Running the race, well, that's the real thing. That's the deal right there. And I want to take just a moment here. We don't do this very often, but we got a special request from someone here at Moody Bible Institute that's had a long term relationship with the ministry partner here, who's been a just a gospel guy through and through. He's just he's been so grateful for calls and prayers that have come in, uh, in the past. And and quite candidly, Rich is on the way to heaven. He's on the way. And Rich, I don't know if you're listening right now, but on behalf of everyone in the boom crew that you've had a part unseen, but a very real part of making this thing go rich, I want to thank you. And from everything that I hear, Rich, you have run this race so well. Some people are in the race. Some people are running well and rich. I got to thank you from the bottom of my heart. Because you're running this race so well. Rich has a stage four cancer and expects to be home with the Lord in the next week or so. But he wanted you to know I love you guys at Moody Radio and the work you do. You have been a blessing to me. You know? Life's life comes at you fast. We have. It's often said, but it's. Don't let it just wash over you. We don't know what we have going on today. We don't know. We just don't know. Yeah. And it's the grace of God that allows a rich to give us a heads up that he knows his time is short, and it's the goodness of God that allows a rich to face this with such valor, such courage. I don't know what you're up against today, but I know what Rich would say to you today. You're in the race by virtue of being a child of God. But let's go run this race together.
S2: Yeah. Rich has such a heart to see people reached with the gospel.
S1: That's his.
S2: Heart. That is his heart. So today, if you don't know Jesus, listen to riches story. Turn your heart to Jesus. I believe that that's what he would want you to hear.
S1: Yeah. For sure.
S2: There is no life apart from Christ. There's no way you can finish well, apart from the grace of Jesus Christ.
S1: And some of you might be wondering, well, what in the world does that look like? It's a cry of the soul that says, I'm God, I'm at the end of myself and I can't do it anymore. And that's when God says, I can do what you can't do. And by faith, you put your life in God's hands. All of it. Everything. Time, talent, resources, everything. All your aspirations, everything. You put it in his hands and surrendered all to Jesus. In fact, on behalf of Rich right now. Maybe you want to give your life to Jesus today. Right now. Maybe God caught you at a moment where you're just absolutely broken and you want to get in the race of life. You've been on this treadmill to who knows where, but today you're done and God caught you and he's showing you his love. I want you right now to pray with me. Jesus, I believe that you are the Son of God. I believe you died for my sins. I believe today so much that I'm turning around off this broad path and I give you my life. I repent, I turn around and today I call you Savior and Lord. You know, Rich would be pumped that you're giving your life to Christ today and we want to help you.
S2: So if that's you today, just text the word new. We know that tomorrow is not promised. So if today is the day of salvation, if today you hear his voice, do not harden your heart. Turn to Jesus today. Text the word new to 800 555 7898. New new to 800 555 7898.
S1: Come on friend, today is the day of salvation. Give it all to him today. And when you do, he'll wipe up your tears. And he will give you a new path to walk. Text new right now N-e-w to 800 555 7898. Just that one word, and we're going to send you some resources to help you on this new journey. 800 555 7809 eight.