S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Well, this past winter, as it typically is in Chicago, one of those cold, cold nights, Chicago gets brutally cold in the winter. In case in case you live outside of Chicago and haven't heard that, well, this was one of those cold winter nights. I was leaving a basketball game with my daughter and a couple of her friends. We get in the car and the car will not start, which is not a great situation to be in at any point in time, but definitely not when you have other people's kids. Yes, with little ones?
S3: Yes, exactly.
S2: So I give it a couple tries. Nothing. Nothing, nothing. And now I'm starting to think, okay, I call my husband like, ah, I'm going to need some help here. I got a car full of kids and I can't get the car to start. And so then I did what I should have done initially, and I just said out loud, I said, okay guys, let's pray. I said, God, I really need you to start this car. And it was such a simple I mean, the prayer was like two seconds. So I gave it a try again, and I heard a little something. And then the very next try after that started up. Wow. And and it was such a we were all like like, whoa. It was such a cool, simple answer to prayer that we all got to see.
S4: It's real life. And what a good thing that you, your kids and these other kids got to see it.
S2: And it was, it was it just was one of those very small things. And it was like, of course God started my car. I prayed, and of course he did. Why am I surprised? It was one of those sweet little moments celebrating the the moments that felt little, the moments that felt huge times when you prayed and you know you saw God move 800 555 7898. Let's go back to the phone lines. We've got Debbie calling in this morning from Illinois. Tell me about a recent answered prayer that you've seen.
S5: So I have a friend who has a really mean brain cancer, and she was having surgery in January, so she had a whole bunch of us family and friends praying. And I knew when her surgery was. So I was praying during that. And she told me afterwards that the surgeon, who's not a Christian, had hoped to remove 50% of the tumor bulk and he was able to get 95% out and that he felt someone or something operating with him.
S2: Wow. Wow. Debbie. That's incredible. This is the. The doctor said that.
S5: The doctor said that even though he's not a believer and he doesn't necessarily believe in prayer, but she had all of us praying And and he got almost all of it out and. Yeah, he felt someone with him.
S4: Wow. That's incredible.
S2: Debbie, thank you so much for sharing that story. Calling in this morning from Illinois. Wow. Uh, Esmeralda, first time caller from Chicago. Tell us you've seen God move when you prayed. Tell me about it.
S6: Hi. Good morning. Um, I just wanted to share that, um, I got saved 18 years ago, and I was the first one in my family. So I've been praying for salvation for the rest of my family for 18 years. And, uh, last year, I got saved and got baptized. And this Easter, I just baptized my sister, my sister in law. And like the family starting to come to the Lord. And I'm just so excited that everybody's finally starting to come to know God. And I'm just so excited for what he's doing in my family, because I've been praying for 18 years for them. I've been standing in the gap and believing that they're all going to be saved.
S2: Wow. Esmeralda, first time caller from Chicago. 18 years of praying. And you see God move.
S4: Incredible.
S7: Oh my God.
S2: Sure, there was some discouragement along the way.
S4: Oh, absolutely.
S7: For sure, for sure.
S2: Wow. I love these stories. Keep them coming. You want you got a story? You want to celebrate with us? Share. Share with us the time. Let's go with recent stories. The last time you you've seen God move in response to prayer. 805, 55, 7898. Go to Luke 11. Now Jesus was praying in a certain place. This is starting with verse one. And when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, Lord, teach us to pray as John taught his disciples. And he said to them, when you pray, say, father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come. Give us each day our daily bread, and forgive us our sins, for we ourselves forgive everyone who is indebted to us and lead us not into into temptation. This particular. The Lord's Prayer, you see in several of the Gospels. So maybe when you memorized it, it was a different cup. The words were a little different. But we when we pray, we're praying for God's name to be revered and honored. We're praying for his kingdom to come, for his purposes to be accomplished on earth as they are in as they are in heaven. We're praying for provision our daily bread, trusting that God ultimately is the one who supplies our needs. We're praying that as God has forgiven our sins, that we're able to forgive others who've sinned against us. We're praying for protection against temptation, against evil. Prayer works. We're called to ask and to seek and to knock and to trust that our Heavenly Father not just hears, but responds, have you seen this to be true? 800 555 7898 share your answered prayer with us. 800 555 7898 let's go back to Carrie. First time caller. I think we got the connection squared away. So your daughter had a college decision to make. Tell us what happened when you prayed.
S8: Yes. Can you hear me? Okay.
S2: I got you.
S8: Okay? Okay. So my youngest is my youngest. I've been praying for about a year. Um, that God would just guide her in her decision because she was applying to Christian schools, secular schools. And it looked like the Christian schools were going to be out of the out of the choices to expensive, different reasons. And, um, it just blindsided us. We had a little meeting with her, the other, you know, maybe two weeks ago. And to touch base with her. Okay. This is what these different schools would cost and this is what your person would be afterwards. And then she just threw us a curveball and said, I think I want to go to this school, which had been off the off the list, and it was a Christian school. And I just feel I just am so grateful because I really feel like God answered my prayers. And I, you know, um, spoke to her when she didn't even realize it.
S2: So that's awesome. Carrie. First time caller from Illinois. Uh, praying for direction for God's will to be accomplished in your life. That's a great prayer to pray as you're trying to to discern, uh, job and career and what step to take here. Ask God to show you. And I believe he will. Let's go to Angela. First time caller from Illinois. Angela, tell me you recently saw God move in response to prayer.
S9: Um, yes I did. Um, in 2003, my dad passed away, um, in December. In November of 2003, I was fired from my job. Um, in December of 2003, my sister passed away. So I had gotten really discouraged and everything, but I was praying because I didn't want to lose my home, you know. And a company came and paid up my rear of my home. Um, like $38,000 they paid to get me caught up with my mortgage and everything. And so now God has answered, I have a job. Now I'm doing great. So he's just faithful. And I just want to let people know not to give up on him and trust him along the journey. We all hit bumps on the road, but he is faithful even in the journey we go through. So be encouraged. Don't give up and just keep trusting him.
S2: Oh good word Angela. First time caller from Illinois. Keep them coming. We're celebrating on this National Day of Prayer. The simplicity of an answered prayer, of seeking God, of asking and seeking and knocking and seeing God move as we know he does. 805 55 7898. Shelly calling in this morning from Wisconsin. Tell me your answered prayer story.
S10: We're celebrating a national day.
S2: Oh, boy. We got connection issues this morning. I apologize for that. We'll try to get reconnected with Shelly from Wisconsin. If you've got a story, we'd love to hear from you. 800 555 7898 800 555 7898. I'm Ali, this is Carly Crew mornings.
S1: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's curling crew on Moody Radio.
S2: We're asking you this morning on this National Day of Prayer to to share your victory stories. The time most recently, I'm asking for the recent ones where you prayed and you saw God move that simple. 855 five 7898 we're going to go back to Shelly from Wisconsin. Shelly, give me your story.
S8: Hi.
S11: Um, yes, I'm from Wisconsin, and there was a night that my son was driving home from Minnesota to, um, to Wisconsin, and he got stuck in the Wisconsin Dells because his tire blew out. And it was 730 at night. And he called me. And, um, anyway, he had already called for a tow truck, but he had no place to stay. And then he had no ride from where he was getting towed to. So he was going to stay. And so we just prayed that somebody would come through for him. And he said he was going to call some friends. And I told him I could call and book him a hotel room. Um, it turned out he's only 20 years old, so he cannot get a hotel room, not even in the Wisconsin Dells for a 20 year old. So that was not an option. Um, but, um, so we got off the phone because tow truck came and he called maybe 30 minutes later and said his friend had told him to call a certain hotel in the Dells and tell them that pastor Bob had sent him. So he did that, and he he got the hotel room. And it turned out also that that where the car was towed to was right across the street. So then he didn't need a ride from. From there to there.
S2: That's awesome. Shelley from Wisconsin. When you ask God and you don't know how it's going to work out, but you seek God to order those details. And there's so much mystery here that we live with. Right?
S4: Oh, yeah, we.
S2: Live with mystery, knowing that we serve a God who can do anything.
S4: Yep. We don't know how it's going to happen.
S2: Impossible for him. There's not a single thing that he can't do.
S4: Correct.
S2: Right.
S4: Absolutely.
S2: And that's why we pray. Yeah. That's why. When in times where people are even people who don't believe. When people are at an absolute loss.
S4: Yep.
S2: That's why people cry out to God.
S4: Yeah. Because there's nothing he can't do.
S2: There's nothing he can't do. That's why in times of tragedy, people often offer up thoughts and prayers. And sometimes that's diminished as almost trite. And maybe there's no even no intention even to pray. But why do people offer it up? Because it's an acknowledgment that I can do nothing. Maybe God can.
S4: Yeah. I'm gonna take it to someone who can.
S2: And I'll be decisive in saying he can. Yes. And we go to Scripture, and we know that we're called to ask and to seek and to knock and to persist in prayer, trusting that our father desires to meet the needs of his kids. When's the last time you prayed? And you know it was God who answered? 800 555 7898.
S1: She was trying to earn her way to God, but God showed her she didn't have to. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: When's the last time you prayed? And you know, God answered. I'm thinking about my own life. Does every time you pray, are you certain how God has answered or how God has responded. Definitely not.
S4: Nope.
S2: Definitely not. But there are times when you pray and when you get to see God move in a way when you can say definitively it was only God. And those moments, oh boy, did they build your faith. Oh boy, do they fuel you up.
S12: It's truly awesome. And the word used appropriately there? Yes, our God is awesome.
S2: Yes, awesome. He could do anything. So we keep going to him with any and everything, knowing that he supplies and there's an endless supply at the ready because our God is over everything. There's nothing he can't do. So go to him. Today we're celebrating these answered prayers. Let's go back to the phone. Uh, Carol calling in this morning from Illinois. Uh, tell me there's a situation right now that you're you're praying for and you're already seeing God move. Tell me about it.
S13: It's wonderful. My church friends in Barrington and I go on zoom to watch whenever I can. In other times, I've driven there. She was in a horrible, horrible accident. Car accident she had just dropped off. This was three Sundays ago. Dropped off. Another friend from church was on her way home. Had a horrible, horrible accident. Car accident? Excuse me. People in our church and Salem United Methodist Church in Barrington went to visit her every day. And if they couldn't go in the daytime, the early evening time, they would go and spend some time with her. I got to see her myself yesterday. She is a miracle. She is half Sitting up in bed communicating with everybody. And this was a woman that the doctor said, you've got to have the family come around. She is not going to survive. Her injuries are too horrible. And this is her name. She's a miracle. And God is raising her up for a new testimony. And the love of God through other people.
S2: Amen. Carol, thank you so much for calling in this morning. And I know that there were you and others were praying and you got to see. Or you're getting to see God move. Thank you so much for calling in this morning. Appreciate you. Jeremiah. Calling in from Arkansas. Tell me you prayed and you saw God move. Tell me your story.
S14: Yeah. I was at a youth event many years ago, and there was a band and I looked up at the sky. I was going through some personal stuff and I said in desperation, it's a God. I need you to show me how much you love me. I need you to show me a shooting star. And I know just kind of put my faith out there. I kept on looking and nothing happened. Well, the band was just getting off the stage, and the speaker gets up, grabs the microphone, and these are the exact words out of his mouth. He said, tonight, I want to talk to you about something different. I want to talk to you about shooting stars.
S4: That's something there. There you go.
S12: I love it.
S7: Boom!
S14: God does love us. And he really just took my faith to my trust in him to another level that night. It was amazing.
S2: Wow. Jeremiah. I love that story. That one.
S4: I was not expecting that.
S2: Wow. What a cool story. That took a turn, I love it. Let's keep it going. Rose from South Carolina. You prayed and you saw God respond. Tell me about it.
S15: Yes, ma'am. Um. I was in a dead end job, and it wasn't going anywhere. And I was staying in a hotel, and this was going on about six months. But I kept I kept praying, and God moved, and he removed me from that dead end job to the job that I was actually praying for, where I'm taking care of, end of life care for people. And I get to witness and see these wonderful people in their journey, going to heaven to be with the Lord. And then the ones that haven't heard about God. I have the opportunity of being able to witness to them and let them know that there is a better place than their pain is going to end. And I just, you know, I prayed for months that he didn't do it on my time. He did it when he knew his time. It was his time that he did it. He knew. He put me in a place. I'm out of the hotel. I have an apartment. I'm just driving. And I just want people to know. Don't give up on praying because he might not do it when you want it. He's an on time God. He'll give it to you when you need it.
S2: Oh, Amen. Thank you so much, Rose. That so, so rich. He may not do it when you want it. He may not even do exactly what you want him to do. Right. But you go to him with the faith that God can. That he's a faithful God man. Great stories. This morning you got an answered prayer you want to share. Give us a call 800 555 7898.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire, and everything is Greek to her. Super die is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You know, when you think about prayer, the privilege that we have to come boldly to the throne of grace to receive the mercy and the help that we need in time of need. Let me read that to you accurately. Hebrews 416. Because this is the verse on my heart right now. Let us then, with confidence, draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. What a privilege that is. It's a privilege that we and we're not just throwing words out there when we go to God because of the power that we have, because of Jesus, we can go boldly for what we need. And I don't want that to be lost that this is it's not just like throwing words up there and hoping that something bigger than us hears. Hears them.
S4: Absolutely.
S12: Yeah. Throwing pasta at a wall?
S4: No, he does hear them.
S12: Yeah.
S2: And I hope that these stories this morning are an encouragement to you that going to God is not the last resort when we've exhausted all other options. Going to God is our first line of defense. It's our first option. The same way I want my kids to come to me first. I don't want them to try to beat their head against the wall, trying to solve the the thing and then come to me. Come to me first. And how much more our Heavenly Father, who has everything at his disposal, who owns the cattle on a thousand hills, who lacks nothing? We go to him with confidence. Have you seen God answer a prayer recently? You prayed, and you know with certainty that only God (800) 555-7898 let's go to Alvie from Alabama. Good morning Alvie. Tell me you saw God move in response to prayer. Tell me.
S13: Yes, I was coming out of Walmart.
S16: And I noticed there was nobody coming or going. And I was by myself out in the parking lot and I noticed these two men. They were on their phones. And the closer I got to my car, the closer they got to me. And it scared me so much. And I said, Jesus, I need you right now. Help me. I need you right now. And all of a sudden, this young man drove up and he got out of his car and he looked past me and I said, young man, could you hang around for a second? He said, yes, ma'am. I got you. And then he just got my card. And he said, hey, how are you doing? How's the family? I haven't seen you in a long time. And I said, oh, I haven't seen you either. How are you? How's the family? And he just. He took me all the way to my car and said, open your trunk, get in the car. I'll put your groceries in there. And you get in there and you take off. And I never saw that young man again. But you know what? He was an angel that God sent to me because I was scared that I could be. I'm 84 years old and I was afraid. And I have taken $200 out of the bank that morning in my purse. Cash. And I knew that it was God. I knew he heard me, and he answered right away.
S2: Oh, wow, Alvie. Wow, what a.
S12: Story.
S4: What a story! He brought her up right away. And in that moment, help was needed right away. And it came.
S7: What a sweet story. Oh my goodness.
S2: Hmm. Let's go to Jeff, also from Alabama. Jeff, tell me you prayed and you saw God move. Tell me about it.
S17: I was a new Christian. Today. I'm 80 years old, but I was about 30, and the church was praying for my back operation. And I was praying too, because it was a lower back and I knew some people had been paralyzed. Anyway, after the operation, the surgeon came in and he said, well, that was a first. I said, what do you mean, sir? He said, well, I've been doing this 20 years. And that's the first time that I opened your back up. And I went to get the bones out, the fragments out, and they all popped up to the top and were right there. I took them out and there were no other bones to be taken out.
S2: Oh, boy. And you knew immediately, Jeff. You knew. You knew what had happened, right?
S17: Amen.
S2: Amen. Jeff from Alabama. Thank you so much for your call this morning. Man, love hearing from you from across the country. You've got an answered prayer. Boy, I'm I am so encouraged this morning.
S4: What a great day.
S12: This has been. Yeah, I.
S2: Am so encouraged. What is it that you are dealing with today that maybe you've been slow to go to God with because you think, what's the point? Or I've already tried that. Let this be an encouragement to persist in prayer, that when when we are invited to ask, to seek and to knock, that is as real as real can be. Tell me your story. When's the last time you prayed? And you know it was God who answered? 805, 55, 78, 98. Barbara calling in. This is our third call in a row from Alabama. What's going on in Alabama?
S4: I love Alabama.
S12: I love it.
S2: Barbara, give it to us. Tell me your answered prayer.
S9: Yes.
S18: My husband's going through a terminal illness, and he had put in an application to get a loan to repair the house. The application came through, but he died before he could sign it. And this young man of Donald's and his wife, one one has a construction building. Building business. And he said God spoke to his heart that night to rebuild someone, a home. And he revealed our home without cost.
S2: Whoa!
S4: My goodness.
S12: Barbara.
S4: That's incredible.
S12: Barbara, what did you. How did you.
S2: Respond to that?
S18: I repeat.
S2: Tell me, what was the response in your heart when you hear that? You you had to have known that this was God moving.
S18: I dance like David. Dance?
S12: Yes. Wow.
S2: Barbara from Birmingham. So many incredible stories this morning.
S1: You can take him out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of him. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: If you've not heard. Today marks the National Day of Prayer. This is a tradition that was formally established back in 1988 by President Ronald Reagan to encourage unified public prayer across the nation. Joining me right now, Doctor Ronnie Floyd, he's a former president of the National Day of Prayer task Force and an advocate for national prayer and spiritual awakening in America. Why do we celebrate on a day like today, a national day of prayer?
S19: Well, I believe Ali is an incredible opportunity to live in a country that believes so much in religious liberty that we can call people to one day, where everyone from every persuasion can talk to God about the future of our country. Not that we have to have permission to do that, but we live in a wonderful, wonderful country that permits prayer anytime, anywhere. And we thank God for that.
S2: Let's pause right there, because that's something in of itself worth celebrating. I think sometimes we can take for granted the fact that the ability to come together and pray without opposition is a real gift that doesn't exist everywhere in the world.
S19: Yes, it really is. Ali, when you think about today, uh, there would be thousands of prayer gatherings to happen in all kinds of places and all kinds of ways that's conducted at the local level. And so I believe what we're going to see is that we're going to see hundreds of hundreds of thousands of people come together all over the country and try, at whatever level their prayer life is, to join together with others to pray for our nation. That is a fantastic blessing God has given to us and we give him praise for that.
S2: So, Doctor Floyd, how do we pray for our country? You know, it's we're living in a time where politics and religion have become intermixed in a way that can promote division and confusion rather than unity. Um, at least that's how we see it play out. How do we pray for our country, for somebody who goes, well, what does that even look like?
S19: Well, I believe, first of all, we start by saying we pray biblically. Uh, what does the Bible say about that? The Bible talks about praying for the leaders of our country. The Bible talks specifically about what those matters should be concerned about. And also we come together in relationship to praying not only for our leaders, but to pray for our churches across the nation, uh, that they would rise up and be the salt and the light in this day and hour of our country. We can pray for the issues of our country. We can pray for the security of our nation. We should always be a concern. And then I would always encourage people to pray for the revival of the church and the next great awakening in the United States of America that will be so powerful that it will transcend all denominational, generational, cultural, racial, and ethnic lines, and that we would see the next great move of God in our generation.
S2: From your standpoint, Point. Does that excite you? Do you have an expectation? Because it's easy to get discouraged when you see trends in culture, when you see division, when you see confusion. Do you hold out hope that we will see an awakening in our lifetime?
S19: I do believe that. I pray like that, and I pray that we will live to see this. Ali. And but we're have already seen many great things that God is doing around the country. And, uh, regardless of what happens, uh, with the thermostat or the temperature of Washington, DC or any state capital. Listen, God is alive. Jesus is real. He is the one who is the reason we are coming together in the National Day of Prayer to talk to him about our nation. And with that being our focus, God will bless that, and those who do it will be blessed. And for those who are going to these gatherings really engage in the gatherings. And if you're not able to go to one of the gatherings, or you're a city or town does not have a gathering to your knowledge, pray for your country right where you are. Also, in the workplaces you can pray. Obviously in the churches you can pray. We need to pray for our country, not just on the National Day of Prayer, but every day. There's not a day that goes by Ali. For decades, I have lifted up every president for decades by name and their family, as well as the vice president of the United States. Doesn't matter what the political party is. I mean, they are our leaders. And the bottom line is the Bible tells us to pray for the leaders of our nation. And I've done it in the same regard to the states in which I've lived.
S2: So I'm going to ask you to lead us in prayer right now. Would you just lead us? And we will join hearts together across our listening area with a prayer for our nation. Doctor Floyd, will you lead us?
S19: Absolutely. Father in Heaven, we pray today for America. We love this country and we thank you for the privilege of living in it. You have given to us the gift of religious liberty, Lord, and that's a right that you give us that we can come to you anytime, anywhere about anything. And today we come to you about our nation. Oh, God, would you please bring our nation together for your glory? I pray for the next great move of God all across this nation that will result in many people, millions of people, coming to faith and trust in Jesus Christ. We lift up our leaders, whether it's at the local level, the state level, the national level, and we pray for their safety. We pray, Lord, that you would lead them in a way that we can see good occur all around us, and we pray for the prosperity of our regions and the prosperity of our our states and the prosperity of our nation to God's glory, so that America can be a tremendous blessing to the entire world. Most of all, giving the world the hope of Jesus Christ, that he is the Savior of the world. And we pray this in his name. Amen.
S2: Doctor Floyd, thank you so much. I want to point you as you're listening to some resources that are available. Doctor Floyd is an author. He's a podcast host. Also, want to get you linked up on what's going on in your area for National Day of Prayer? Just text day. All of that will be in this one keyword. Just text day to 800 555 7898. Text day D a y to 800 555 7898.