S1: Hi friend, thank you so much for downloading this podcast and I truly hope you hear something that edifies encourage, equips, enlightens, and then gets you out there in the marketplace of ideas. But before you go, I want to tell you about this month's truth tool. It's called Have You Ever Wondered? And I absolutely love this topic because if you're like me, going out into the night sky and looking up and seeing a million stars, don't you just stop and think about God? And are you not in a moment of awe and wonder or looking out over the vast expanse of an ocean and you start thinking, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And it makes you wonder about the magnificence of God? I think that sense of wonder was put there on purpose, and this wonderful book includes a composite of multiple authors who have written from their perspective as a scientist, or a historian, or a mathematician or an artist, on why they all have this sense of awe through the work that they do. In other words, the heavens declare the glory. And as it tells us in Romans, we are really without excuse because his handiwork is everywhere. And this book invites you to walk through the chapters written by people who all have a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to God through their various disciplines in life. It's an amazing book and it's yours. For a gift of any amount, just call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Ask for a copy of Have You Ever Wondered? And we'll send it right off to you as my way of saying thank you, because we are listener supported radio. Or you can go online to in the market with Janet Parshall. When you're also on the website, consider becoming a partial partner. Those are people who give every single month at a level of their own choosing. You always get the truth tool, but in addition to that, you get a weekly newsletter that includes my writing and an audio piece just for my partial partners. So 877 Janet 58 or the website in the market with Janet Parshall. Consider becoming a partial partner or asking for this month's truth tool. Have you ever wondered? And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: This time the conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshipping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a mage 17 years.
S4: The Palestinians and the Israelis negotiated a truce.
S5: Hi, friends.
S1: Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. Thrilled. We're going to spend the hour together. Oh, do you hear that cacophony in the marketplace of ideas? Well, if you walk around with me, and I hope you're out there. And I hope you're doing just that, walking around, listening with the ears on your heart to what the culture is saying, you know that one of the most intense, some would say argumentative topics today happens to be the nation of Israel. I just don't get it. But then again, walking through life with the Bible in one hand and newspaper in the other, I guess I do kind of get it. So when you take a look at the nation of Israel, this becomes a recognized globally state in 1948. Now for us, as followers of Jesus Christ, walking through life with that Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other, you realize that this is a fulfillment of prophecy. Finally, the Jewish people have a recognized homeland. Now the Jews have been there for thousands and thousands and thousands of years. How do I know? Well, when all else fails, read the instructions. You have archaeological evidence. You have historical evidence. You have biblical evidence. It's indisputable that God's precious and chosen people have been there for millennia. So why is it so contentious? Well, I my $0.02, and that's all it's worth. Maybe in this economy, maybe a penny and a half. But I'll share it anyway. I think it's because ultimately this is a spiritual battle that because God has chosen the Jewish people, called them the chosen people, loves them dearly. How do I know that? Because he tells us that. And the word that somehow in the heavenlies where we can't see this spiritual warfare that's going on, it is a raging spiritual battle for us as believers. I believe it's because if Satan can knock out the reality of a Jewish Messiah, Well, then there is no hope of redemption. And in doing so, one needs to wipe out the Jewish people. So history is littered with attempts to wipe out the Jewish people, whether it's Herod or whether it's Pharaoh or whether it's Hitler. The list goes on and on and on and on. Should not be surprised, but then stop. Hit the pause button. Did you ever stop and realize that our great and glorious God could have chosen the Celts, the Picts, the Normans, the Saxons? He didn't. He chose the Jewish people. I don't know why. When we get to glory, we can ask him. But I'm going to tell you what he's got. I'm not. His thoughts are far above mine, and all I know is that he chose them to fill fulfill his plan, his great and perfect and wondrous plan. So we always keep our eyes on the nation of Israel because it's significant historically, it's making headlines today. We need to be praying today for the peace of Jerusalem, and certainly will play a significant role in the days ahead. So we're going to talk about Israel, and we're going to separate fact from fiction and bigotry from reality. And there's so much bigotry around the nation of Israel. Again, should not be surprised. Now to help us learn more about this is Doctor Michael Radonich, who is vice president and academic dean and professor of Jewish studies and Bible at Moody Bible Institute. For more than three decades, he was the program head of Jewish Studies, a unique 103 year old legacy major at WME. Thanks be to God. May it ever be their superglued into the walls of that Augustus Institute. Besides Jewish studies, he has taught extensively in other fields, including Bible theology, applied theology. He's a graduate himself of Moody's Jewish Studies program, and has a BA degree from Azusa Pacific University and a master's in theology from Dallas Theological Seminary. His doctorate is from Trinity Evangelical Divinity School, where his dissertation research. You know, I love to ask people about their dissertations when they got their PhD, what did it do? Of course, no surprise. It focused on the Messiah of the Hebrew Bible. He's also the host and Bible teacher of Open Line with Doctor Michael Riedel on hundreds of stations all across the country. People love his program. And if you don't know, he is indeed the son of Holocaust survivors. He was raised in an observant Jewish household in Brooklyn, New York. As a high school student, he became a follower of Yeshua the Messiah and began teaching the Bible almost immediately. Besides his work on the Moody Bible Commentary, the best. If you don't have one in your house, tell me why. And The Moody Handbook of Messianic Prophecy as co-editor and contributor, he's also the author of the 50 Most Important Bible Questions. The messianic hope. Is the Hebrew Bible really messianic and understanding the Arab-Israeli conflict? He has contributed to various study Bibles, academic journals, and other books, and I really put out as a resource particularly germane to our conversation today, The Moody Handbook of Messianic Prophecy Studies and expositions of the Messiah in the Old Testament, not the New Testament. So if I were a trial lawyer and doctor were my expert witness, I would have to say I just read his credentials in front of the jury so they would know this man knows whereof he speaks. Aside from that, he's a really great guy. Michael, thank you so much for spending the hour with me.
S6: Oh, thank you for having me. It's a little frightening when you read all that. It's like, oh.
S1: Did you get tired?
S6: Well, I'm like, ooh, what did, uh, Howard Hendricks say? The, uh, the the glorification of the worm is what you used to call introductions like that, so.
S1: Oh my goodness. Well, if I say it, it's not committing the sin of pride's. Right. So I'm saying it, and I'm saying it proudly about my friend Doctor Michael. Oh, Michael, there's so much you want to talk to you about. And the thing I love about our regular visits is I don't have to worry about what we call in radio time stamping that talk about current events. And I think in Israel, that's prescient. We need to be talking about current events. So let me just fast forward. Today is Thursday. On Saturday you're going to see across the country, probably close to 2000 1000 protests and rallies they are expecting. In LA alone 250,000 people to attend, far more than the 70,001st anticipated. They've got a map. The heiress of Walmart is very much behind this funding it. She put out a full page ad in a major newspaper. You've got a website where you can sign up, you can go, you can protest. It happens on Flag Day, which is interesting. Happens to be my grandfather's birthday, who came into this country legally as an immigrant. So that has a particular paradox for me. Happens to be the president's birthday as well, happens to be the birthday of the U.S. Army. So here in my town of D.C., they're going to have this huge parade honoring our military forces. And so the protesters decided they'd kind of skipped DC that day, because it just might be a little rough for them to be there. But in the midst of all of this, and of course, the legacy alphabet soup media will make this the topic du jour, not just on Saturday, but probably throughout the entire weekend. And I want my friends to picture this. So it isn't just going to be about, quote, illegal immigration, because it's not now. It's a panoply of chaos. You have BLM, Black Lives Matter, Antifa. You've got paid protesters. Isn't it amazing? They all come with these professionally produced signs. You think they did that in Bob's garage? So you know that somebody is funding. We've already got photos of people handing out masks in LA where they buy those at Walmart. Why would somebody come and hand out masks? So one of the things I'm concerned about and I want to ask you about this is why in so many of these events, are they waving a Palestinian flag? Hello. What does that have to do with allegedly what the issue is, which is ice. Following up now and arresting people who've entered this country illegally. Now, there's a subtext to that. And I think thinking people want to know why do the protestors free, free, free Palestine that chant from the river to the sea. Most of them can't name the river. They don't know the sea. Why is that folded into all of this? We got a lot to unpack. And then one of the questions we're going to tackle this hour is Israel has been accused of genocide. Do the facts bear that out? Oh, yeah. And what happens next week at the U.N.. Mhm. Got a lot to talk about. So fasten your seat belts. Keep your hands inside the ride at all times. It's going to be a great conversation back after this. So many in our culture today are spiritually curious but hesitant about religion. That's why I've chosen. Have you ever wondered is this month's truth tool explore how everyday experiences might be the signpost pointing to deeper biblical truths. As for your copy of have you ever wondered when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call eight 7758. That's eight 7758 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. I. Love spending time with Doctor Michael. He's such a superb teacher. He is VP and academic, dean and professor of Jewish studies and Bible at Moody Bible Institute, a prolific author. And again, just to let you know, I've chosen one as our resource. This time it's the Moody Handbook of Messianic Prophecy, studies and These and expositions of the Messiah in the Old Testament. So going right back to the question I asked Michael just before the break, and this panoply of rebellion and lawlessness that we will see this weekend and believers, this is where we need to pray for people's safety, for their security, those who are the law enforcement and people there that they won't get hurt. Because this is why we want evidence for the sin nature of man. I give you what we're going to see this weekend. It's lawlessness and rebellion. Why do cries to free Palestine show up in the midst of this, do you think, Michael?
S6: Well, I think it's the issue of intersectionality. That's why we no longer have a protest about anything else. It's a protest. It's an omni protest. You know, we are going to protest everything about everything. And the intersectionality is a term that maybe people don't understand. But for example, if you're going to protest, uh, arresting illegal, uh, I don't know, immigrants, aliens, whatever the term du jour is, if they're going to be arrested for illegally entering and staying in our country, then we have to protest against any kind of perceived oppression which would lead to other groups coming in and protesting racial prejudice. And then on top of that, there's this image. And it's a false one that somehow if we if we look at things in terms of skin color, uh, the idea is white people oppress, uh, dark skinned people. There's an arbitrary choice. Because if you've been to Israel, I know you have Janet. Right?
S1: Several times. Right? As have you, my friend.
S6: Palestinians and Israelis look identical.
S1: That's exactly.
S6: Right. You know, but it's been determined that Israel now, since about 1967, is the dark, is the white skinned, therefore are the oppressors of the Palestinians, who are dark skinned, although there really is no difference. And the result is that they say, okay, we have to oppress protest, that protest. That's intersectionality. Everything is the same in terms of protest, and they're all connected one to another. That's what intersectionality says. And now, of course, the false lies that you mentioned, the the falsehoods out there that Israel is committing genocide, people are going out. They're going out righteously. If we're going to protest for righteousness, we've got to stop a genocide that isn't even happening.
S1: Yeah. Let's first prove there's a genocide, and we're going to get to that in a minute. But let me go to what you said. I love your term. I wrote it down. I'm going to steal it. Just giving you fair notice. I love the Omni protest. It really is. It's a mulligan stew of all of these people bound together. And when you stop them and you would ask them individually, I'm not sure they could give an apologetic for why they're necessarily there. And that's sad. That's problematic.
S6: That's true.
S1: But let me talk about it is exactly part of the problem.
S6: When they know what they're protesting, Janet, they don't know what they're protesting. Exactly. A lot of surveys done of people who are on the college campuses, people saying what river and what see, what see, from the river to the sea are the Nile River, the Euphrates River. They didn't know they. So even those who protest a specific cause don't even know that cause.
S1: Well, can I linger there for a minute? And then I want to talk about what's happening in the United Nations next week. You know, what breaks my heart is that if you could just sit down graciously with these folks and say, let's just walk this through, first of all, Mark Twain, I say this often, but it's so true. Travel is the best classroom. Go to Israel and your eyes will be opened, and you'll never look at what the headlines say again. In the same way I'm sitting in the Knesset, I'm watching an Arab representative in the Knesset serving. There's no parallel in the Gaza or the PLO territories by any stretch of the imagination. But more importantly, when you realize that the PLO charter, which is this hate filled document, calls for the annihilation of the Jews, it Jews. It is, paradoxically, where the phrase from the river to the sea comes from. And so whether it's the Wye Plantation or whether it's Oslo, or whether it's a myriad of other photo ops that I have seen come and go a thousand times in the Rose garden where the president shakes head, you have an Israeli rep, you have a Palestinian rep, Yasser Arafat, many times being the center of those photographs agreements. Let's move forward. And one of the demands in every one of those was to take out the language that calls for the annihilation of the Jews. To this day, that language is still there. So how can you, on the one side of your mouth, protest what you believe is genocide and on the other hand, exactly articulate the genocide of the very people you're accusing of committing genocide. That's vacuous reasoning, it seems to me.
S6: That's the irony of this whole thing. Israel is so clearly not desiring a genocide of the Palestinian people, and at the same time, Hamas in its original charter is declaring that that's exactly what they want. After 1007, the attack on October 7th, which killed 12. They murdered 1200 Jewish people, mostly civilians. They captured and and made hostage of 251 Israelis and and also people from other countries that were in Israel. They took these people and they said, if you are defeated or if if you can, will you do this again? I watched it on the news. The guy from the Hamas organization says we will do it a second time and a third time and a fourth time. We will never stop. And they are the ones committed to genocide. It is the it's the inversion of truth. In fact, that's what the whole term genocide is. It's an inversion of what is actually happening.
S1: That's so well said. And there's just something about having been the people who were the subject and the objects and the victims of a real genocide. I think you're going to be very, very careful when you make your decisions as a sovereign nation not to ever step into that territory, because you know what it means to lose 6 million plus of your own people, so it's ludicrous. Now, having said that, let me fast forward to New York. And right now, I wouldn't give you a nickel for the building that they're in. I think they're just taking up space. So the UN has completely lost its way. They're going to have a conference the 17th through the 20th next week in New York. It's co-chaired by Saudi Arabia and France. And the original aim is the conference was to obtain recognition of a Palestinian state from UN member states. But then on June 7th, the Guardian very liberal publication coming out of the UK, reported that the conference had weakened its ambition and would, quote instead hope to agree on steps toward recognition. Now, let me leave it there, because there's a lot in this will. At once the story is over. The protest this weekend fade. This will be one of the main drivers in the news next week. So I want you to be forearmed to know what they're going to talk about and separate again fact from fiction. Doctor Michael Riedel, our guest. I hope you listen to his radio program on Saturday Open Line with Doctor Michael Riedel. Fabulous. This is a man who will give crystal clear answers right from the scriptures. Fascinating. It's why so many people love the show. Let me take a break. We're going to pick it up at the UN conference right after this.
S5: For more than 30 years, Doctor Michael.
S1: Rudnick was program head of Jewish Studies, a very unique and important 103 year old legacy major at at Moody Bible Institute. I said w didn't I radio can't get out of my head. MBI Moody Bible Institute. So let me fast forward again back to what's going to happen at the UN, because I read one source. Here's what it said. It said the director of a UN affiliate advisory organization reveals the concluding document of the upcoming two state conference, which is exactly what they're calling it, is expected to include a commitment to, quote, an unconditional and irreversible path toward a Palestinian state. According to her, this is this. Uh, advisory person. Invitations were extended solely. I know how this works in Washington solely to entities already aligned with the predetermined outcome. While a state can only be established through a UN Security Council resolution, one that could not pass due to a US veto. Lord, may it always be so. There are still diplomatic implications. So let me just walk this through a little bit, because this is why I wouldn't give you two kopecks for the United Nations. So they were the they affirmed the existence of the the Jewish state in 1948. US was the first country after that to put their imprimatur of approval. Now they're going to turn around because of this huge Arab voting bloc, the inclusion of Russia and China in the Security Council. How's that for an oxymoron? And the fact that Saudi Arabia and France are going to be running this. How do you determine. How do you make a declaration of a state, Michael, when you can't even tell me what the boundaries physically are of that nation?
S6: That's actually one of the requirements for a state is to have boundaries, and people want to go back to the 1947 partition plan or to the 1949 armistice between Israel and those nations. Excuse me. Uh, anyway, the reason the, uh, there there was no there was no boundary set. The armistice called for a boundary to be determined between Syria, Israel and Egypt. But now they're not even part of the discussion. It's crazy. There's never been a partition or a boundary set. And that had to come with negotiations between Israel and the PLO. So that's that's what's so surprising about this, is that they are what happened to the Oslo Accords. That was what was called upon, that they have to actually come to an agreement together. And there's no boundaries. And I'll tell you what bothers me the most about this. It's rewarding Hamas for ten seven. Yes, yes, that's the only way I can describe it. Uh, have a terrorist attack, a massacre and a war that they start and then say, you know what? We're going to punish the person who was attacked, uh, or the nation that was attacked. That doesn't that doesn't make any sense. And and it rewards, uh, Hamas for what they have done. And it seems to me only just this past week. Think about how long it took. It took Mahmoud Abbas, the head of the Palestinian Authority, until this past week, to actually condemn the Hamas attack. And it was only because of this conference coming up that.
S1: He thought.
S6: Well, I better I better get on the other side of this. So, yeah, exactly. There's no need to reward them. And it just doesn't deal with with the the issue of Israeli security. If you just declare a state. I mean, really, uh, I actually was once at a forum between a professor from another school and me, and we were this is many, about ten, 15 years ago, I guess. We were talking about these issues. And when we talked about it, the conclusion of one pastor, most of the pastors really saw the need to stand with Israel. But one pastor said the this is his evenhanded conclusion. Are you ready? This is the even handed way of thinking it. Palestinians have a desperate need for freedom and independence, and Israel has a toxic need for security. That's the way he described it. I just couldn't believe it. Toxic. Uh, the idea of security. I mean, obviously, ten, seven shows the need for security. And what this conference will do is ignore the need for security.
S1: Well, and, Michael, this I'm sorry for the dear pastor who was ignorant, and I use that word judiciously but graciously, because all you have to do is study the history of Israel. The ink wasn't dried on the declaration of statehood for Israel, and she was under attack. And this is that's why it's said of Israel. It's the only nation on planet Earth that is built with the trowel, the shovel in one hand and a rifle in the other. She's not the tiniest bit interested of constantly having Nehemiah's on the wall, watching what's happening to try to protect her. She wants to just be able to govern and have an existence. And since its inception. And this is why I made the statement earlier, that this has to be spiritual because it doesn't make any sense. There's no other country on planet Earth that we deal with, like we deal with the nation of Israel. So that that was just I'm sorry, but it was ignorance, probably a lack of experience or travel or knowledge or study. Here's the other part of this. This and my heart breaks for the Palestinian people I have never seen such abject poverty is when I went into Gaza, I'll never forget. It's indelibly burned into my heart and my mind. This poor Palestinian woman living under a piece of cardboard pressed against a cedar block building, and that was her home. That was the only shelter she had. I think our friends need to understand there is no organized government. Fatah is connected at the hip to Hamas. It's a terrorist organization. They don't have free elections by any stretch of the imagination. And you and I, Michael, are signed up to all kinds of websites. Thank you, God, for the internet because it gives us the rest of the story. So I've been watching Palestinians get beat up for trying to get aid to their families. I've been watching Hamas steal the aid trucks that come in so the Palestinian people can't get it. You want more of this? This is what you'll get with a two state solution, which is ridiculous. So when we come back, let's go deeper into this idea of genocide. And again, it'd be very easy for people to say, and I ask you this question all the time, but I think it bears repeating, oh, there are giants in the land. We're just grasshoppers. Give it up. This is never, ever, ever going to be resolved. So why doesn't Israel just say, uncle and we can bring peace to the land? In fact, that raises an interesting question, Michael, and I'll ask it and get the answer. On the other side, if there were a two state solution, all the myriad of details yet to be worked out. But let's just say that standard is up there and we finally got it. Would that really protect the Palestinian people, and what would it do to the people of Israel back after this? Let me give a big shout out to our partial partners. Thank you. Friends, partial partners are becoming the backbone of this ministry. They're generous. Monthly gifts allow us to provide relevant, compelling programming every day. When you become a partial partner, you'll receive private emails directly from me. A weekly audio message only. You will hear a special behind the scenes updates as well. Become a partial partner today by calling 877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet parshall.org. One of the fastest hours on radio was when I spent time with Doctor Michael Redlich. And you know what? I'm not the only person who thinks that. Just a great teacher. He is vice president, academic, dean, and professor of Jewish studies and Bible at Moody Bible Institute. He also hosts the wildly popular program Open Line with Doctor Michael Ridelink, which is nationally syndicated and airs on the weekend. Michael, literally, this was just posted like 20 minutes ago by Danny Danon, who's Israel's ambassador to the United Nations. And just to bring you news from New York, the UN General Assembly has just passed a one sided resolution calling for an immediate ceasefire in Gaza without any binding demand for the release of our hostages and without condemning Hamas terrorism. This resolution lends legitimacy to terror and ignores the massacre, rape and torture carried out by Hamas. It is a grave abandonment of the hostages and a reward for terrorism. We will continue to fight until every one of our hostages returns home from day one October 7th, 2023. Bibi Netanyahu said two things. Number one we eradicate totally Hamas. We don't cut the head off. We take the roots out as well. Number two, every single hostage has to be returned, dead or alive. And he's been resolute. He's never deviated from either one of those things. So to have this clarion call at the United Nations next week for this declaration of a two state solution is just it's wildly inappropriate, and you brilliantly identify that it is it's tacit approval to Hamas for what they've done. But I asked you before, would it give more security to the Palestinian people? Would it give security because you can't see what security for Israeli citizens, but not Palestinians. So would both equally get security if there was a two state solution and all the details yet to be worked out, which of course they can never be worked out. But would it be an improvement? And I don't think so. It's almost like an acquiescence. If we throw a bone into this situation, somehow it's going to placate for a while. But, you know, it's like that famous line of Churchill, you can't negotiate with a tiger when your head is in the tiger's mouth. When you have peace talks, the talks. The presupposition is both parties want peace. Yasser Arafat walked away multiple times from a proposal for a two state solution and rejected it every single time. They don't want peace. They want annihilation of the Jews.
S6: Mahmoud Abbas walked away from a peace proposal and never even gave a response with the previous prime minister. So, uh, it's not only Arafat, it's there's a fear that, uh, of groups like Hamas that they would murder just as Anwar Sadat was murdered by the Muslim Brotherhood, uh, when he made peace with Israel. So I think that there is something going on there with that. I do think that the greatest security for the Palestinians would be to get rid of Hamas. Yes. At least in Gaza, uh, a lot of people think that Israel is fighting in Gaza purely for the security of Israelis. They if they could defeat Hamas, who is it that embeds among civilians? Who is it that makes sure that as many civilians as possible should be killed? Uh, that's that's the problem. So for security for Palestinians, it will only come when Hamas is defeated. And I also think the PA has to be the Palestinian Authority would need to be dramatically, dramatically changed for them to have any security for Palestinians. My neighbor, Palestinian, said to me once he was a Christian Arab. He talked about how oppressed the Christian Arabs of Bethlehem were by the Palestinian Authority. I said, well, why is it that whenever I read the reports, people are blaming Israel and not the Palestinian Authority? And he leaned in, took me by the arm very close, and he says, oh, my brother, oh, my brother. If we said that, if we said it was the Palestinian Authority, they'd kill our family. And so particularly for Christian Palestinians, which is only about 5% of the Palestinian population, they would still find greater security with a different kind of leadership than what they have there.
S1: Exactly. And yet that leadership just cannot be toppled. And it's just amazing to me. So let me just go broader for a minute. If you really wanted a two state solution and you were being historically and geographically accurate, Jordan would be the second state. It's 85% Palestinian, 15% Hashemite minority. They don't want it. Egypt puts a fence up a wall of separation between Gaza. And they don't want the Palestinians in Egypt. So tell me again why Israel is the bad guy on this. When Jordan says, no way, and Egypt says, not under any circumstances. So if the neighbors don't want the Palestinians, then the problem is not it's the leadership in the PEO. It's the PA, it's it's I just don't understand why they can't topple, but they can't.
S6: So, you know, the British Mandate people have no historical record. However, I you know, I've done a little reading on this history.
S1: He says, tongue in cheek.
S6: When the when the British received the mandate to create a Jewish state in what was then called Palestine, which was a region in the Middle East. Uh, they they said, okay, you know, we're going to have trouble. So very early on, the Colonial Secretary said, we need to have a state for the Arabs as well. And so they took everything east of the Jordan River and declared it to be a new country called Transjordan, which is today Jordan. That was designed to be the Arab state of Palestine. And so I think there was a two state solution. And that was, by the way, Winston Churchill, who decided that that was Winston Churchill's decision about 105 years ago. Uh, and so it seems to me that there is a second state. And I think that that would be probably the best to take that. The West Bank enclave where there are west of the Jordan, where there are significant there's a significant Palestinian Arab population and link it together that at least have give them citizenship in the Jordanian state. So they would be a people with a state, they could vote in Jordan, and they could have an economic tie economic commitment to Jordan. That would be a way of working out. It would be creative, but it wouldn't be something that would be hurtful to Palestinians and it would give them independence. And I think that that would be the the best way of going. But but right now, that doesn't look like anyone's really thinking about that. Seriously.
S1: And I think one of the reasons that there's a failure to see serious thinking in this is because the mask is off. The unbridled hatred toward the Jewish people is the driver vis a vis the terrorist organization. You know, it's interesting because, again, when you go to the checkpoints, Palestinians can come in and go into Israel all the time. They go back and forth through checkpoints. They don't go through checkpoints because not everybody is happy to go in and do their shopping and get their business done in Israel. Some of them come with munitions strapped on them, you know. In fact, the poor mothers of Gaza are told that their son is a hero. If he blows himself up and then she's given a bag of candy and spreads it around to the neighborhood when the son is committed suicide vis a vis an explosive vest. It's it's a demonic enslavement of people through an evil ideology. So unless they topple this regime, unless Hamas is replaced with some sort of self-governance, some robust conversations about really animus aside. But the animus is so palpable. And that takes me to the genocide question. We hear this all the time from people who really are just proving that they're ignorant. You know, better to keep your mouth closed than to open it and prove yourself a fool. There is no evidence whatsoever to genocide, but we hear this all the time. What do we say when people say to us, well, don't you know that Israel is committing genocide against the Palestinian people.
S6: Well, I think that first of all, I just say there is no genocide. And I think I shared with you an email I got, I received. Yes. Open line. Uh, saying, how can you say that there are 54,000 dead. Now, I think that's so interesting. People receive news media, news agencies repeat that number 54,000 dead. And they do it consistently. But they don't distinguish. First of all, they don't say this is the numbers from the Gaza Health Ministry, which is controlled by Hamas. And we can't trust a word they say. Also, if we were to accept the count of 54,000, let's say it's right, which I don't really believe it is. Here's what we know about that count 24,000 at least, were Hamas combatants. They were actually fighting. So that reduces the number dramatically from 54,000 to 30,000. Just recently it came out that about 8000 people died of natural causes, nothing related to the war, and they were added to that 54,000 figure. So that reduces the number to 22,000. And then when you consider that Hamas started the war, Hamas embeds among civilian population. They built tunnels under hospitals in under mosques, under schools. They consider every civilian casualty a victory. They think we win the war of media, the public relations war for every civilian that's killed. And then you balance that on the other side with Israel trying to create safety zones with Israel dropping leaflets, Israel letting people know by phone, calling people and saying, this building is going to be destroyed because it's being used by Hamas. You have to get everyone out. They do this and they've given up the strategic advantage to do that in war. Usually don't tell people where you're coming. You know where you're going to attack us. But they do that to preserve the lives of civilians. The ratio of civilian combatants civilian to combatant deaths is about 1 to 1 in this war among Palestinians, and that sounds terrible. That 50%, or just around 1 to 1 are civilian. But if you compare that, for example, to the United States, when we fought in Iraq or against al Qaeda, we had about a 1 to 6 civilian for to combat six civilians to every one combatant. John Spencer, who teaches urban warfare at the kind of a prestigious school, West Point. Yes.
S1: Exactly.
S6: John Spencer says that there has never been a military with as low a combatant to civilian, civilian to combatant ratio as Israel has in this war. It's just remarkable. And so what is the point of this? I call it Holocaust inversion. Version. What they are doing is they're taking the people who are subject to genocide and accusing them because of anti-Semitic reasons, of committing a holocaust of their own, committing genocide. That's all it is. It's just hatred of the Jewish people.
S1: And I'm not being cavalier with the term. I think I'm being theologically spot on. That is demonic. On no questions. Michael, I was just thinking when you were talking how right John Adams was when he said, facts are stubborn things. The bias leaning talking heads don't want us to know the information you just shared. Be a good Berean. Check your sources. Test all things back after this. How many times have this program do we say? Always keep your eye on the nation of Israel. There isn't a day that goes by that that small nation about the size of new Jersey doesn't make headlines globally. And please be in prayer for what's going to happen at the United Nations next week. Again, it's going to be fomented by ignorance and blind hatred of the Jewish people. That's all that it is. And again, if you understand why the word holds the Jewish people in such high esteem, none of this can come as a surprise. And then pray for the Palestinians, the innocent people, by the way, who are being used as chess pawns in this demonic warfare. Michael said something. I want to pull out an underscore because it's true. When you're a terrorist organization, you don't care about the people you have power over, even though it's self granted self acquired power. You're not asking. You didn't get this as a public servant. You became in as a dictator, as an overlord for people. So you put your own people in harm's way. Why would you purposely have them go after a hospital where you know innocent lives are going to be hit because you've got munitions buried under the hospital? Why do you run tower tunnels rather under the home of a Palestinian widow, so that the military and Hamas can work its way underground without you knowing about it. So these are things that you don't have a point of reference for. So when you hear these stories, it's easy for this to be such an out of control bias. So the only way you're going to get clarity on this situation is through the lens of Scripture. Just keep reading and reading and reading how precious the Jewish people are to God, and that he is not willing that any should perish, and that there is a kind of spiritual blindness that's going on in that part of the world. So let me bring this closer to home, because, Michael, I have to tell you, I was I was stunned when the two young people were killed outside of the museum in Washington, D.C., one of them a messianic believer, by the way, and we know that he had just purchased an engagement ring. He was going back to Israel the following week. He was going to propose to his girlfriend, who also lost her life. And that didn't happen. Somehow the issue of antisemitism is not just in the streets of Paris. And it's not just protests going on globally. It's now in our backyard. And when you start looking at some of the other horrific things that are happening, this boulder attack that took place as well. It isn't an over there problem, it's here problem. And so given our understanding of the basic sin nature of man, as is told to us in the scriptures, you wonder if you can't exercise self control. If you even if you have strong feelings against a particular people group for whatever reasons, but you don't have the control to not do something about it, then what happens? And what I'm witnessing now? This reminds me of Germany in the 1930s. You're way beyond Uden, outside the storefront. You're now shooting people when they come out of museums in the nation's capital. How does this get stopped other than the intervening power of the Lord?
S6: Well, I think that one of the things that we need to do is have Gentile Christians take a stand. I think that this is something that's so important that the churches in every community take a stand and say, we will not tolerate. We will stand with the Jewish community. We're not going to just stand next to you. We'll stand in front of you. Uh, I, I think that that's imperative. And I don't hear it coming from many churches. There's a few that have taken a stand like that, but it's imperative to do that. They they have to take a stand. And here's the issue. I find a lot of people are saying, well, what Israel is doing with Gaza is somehow causing the anti-Semitism here. I don't believe that. I think the objection to Israel and what Israel is doing that that failure to recognize Israel being attacked and needing to do this, no one wants to be at war this long. No one in Israel would like to be at war, but they have to do this for their own protection. The government is given the power of the sword to protect the innocent, to punish the wicked, that they don't want to do this. That's Romans 13 four, by the way. Uh, but what drives the opposition to Israel in the first place is anti-Semitism. We often talk about double standards when it comes to Israel. I don't even think there's double standards. I think there's the Israel standard. Every nation in the world would be understood for going to war like this. But the anti Semitism against Israel, because it's the Jewish state, that's what drives the opposition and that's why it spreads here. Uh, in Washington DC, in Saint Louis, in Pittsburgh, in uh, Boulder, Colorado. Why is it doing it? Because of that same anti-Semitism. It's not what Israel does that causes it. It's the hatred for Israel that drives it. It's the same thing. Yeah. In other words, are people opposed to Israel because of anti-Semitism, or is anti-Semitism increasing because of Israel? No, it's driven because of anti-Semitism. That's what opposes Israel. That's what's happening here in the States.
S1: Exactly, exactly. So I give you Columbia University. So you've got a bunch of Jewish students on campus that suddenly become the enemy. They can't wear their Star of David. They can't wear their kippah. They can't make any outside acknowledgment of who they are because now they fear for their own safety. Wait a minute. They were taking econ class together four weeks ago. Why suddenly is the one an enemy? Where does that help me understand the human condition? Where does that come from? Where before were students together studying for our midterm? And now all of a sudden, you're the enemy. And I'm not going to allow you to go to class.
S6: I think, first of all, opposition to the God of Israel, hatred of the God of Israel. Psalm 83 says, only when people hate the God of Israel do they hate the people of Israel. That it's really an expression of the hatred of God. That's clearly what Psalm 83 says. So I think we have to be alert to that. And then when I look at revelation 12 and the attack, the symbolic woman that represents Israel and the attack against her is by Satan, the devil, the serpent of old, it's that's who is identifying as the one that attacks Israel. I think you're right when you said this is satanic, I think people have a delusion that the enemy gives them, that makes them think that Israel, instead of being the victim, is the oppressor. And I think it's a spiritual warfare, and it's why I think that believers need to be the most outspoken in standing with Israel against this demonic delusion that people have fallen prey to.
S1: You just anticipated my question, and so I want to extrapolate the two things you said out that we absolutely can do. And by the way, I'm going to listen to the minority spy report, okay. I'm going to listen to Caleb and Joshua. This is a winnable battle because greater is he that is in us than he that's in the world. If this is, and I do believe it is spiritual warfare, then you have to understand that the prince of this world absolutely wants to annihilate the Jewish people, literally and figuratively, because in so doing, he thinks he eradicates a Jewish Messiah. So, number one, Michael challenged every one of us as Gentile Christians to speak up for the nation of Israel. You do your homework, you stay grounded in the word and you speak up. Do not let an anti-Semitic statement slip by and think that somehow that person's given grace. I would gently, lovingly, always through grace narrative, but nonetheless, it has to be nipped in the bud. And you can do that when you're standing in the authority of God's Word in a winsome way. Number two, we're going to pray without ceasing. And I think we need to do that on a regular basis. Pastors, a challenge to you. What are you teaching on the nation of Israel? From the pulpit. You're the shepherd. Help the sheep understand this. Take a bold stand in support of the nation of Israel, built on what biblical truth is, not because it's a political statement. Michael. Anything else we should add to that list besides getting studied up? Speak up and pray up.
S6: I always think that not only pray for the peace of Jerusalem, I'm praying that peace will come through surrender of Hamas, but also pray for the protection of Israel. Right now, it's a very dangerous time and they're preparing for an onslaught from Iran. So keep praying.
S1: Amen. Thanks, friends. We'll see you next time.