S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Give him praise, guys. It's Carl and crew mornings here. We've got a whole week on mindset. And this is. This is huge. Our mind is a battlefield. We all agree with that. Right, guys?
S3: No doubt. Yes. Every day.
S2: Is. Is anyone? Am I alone in this one or do I find. Am I the only one out there that's battling thoughts that come pepper in my mind morning, noon and night?
S3: You are not. And it's so annoying. I don't know if you've ever just had that. Just a feeling of great annoyance over it where you're like, okay, where is this coming? Like, I'm just driving down the highway, like, what's going on? Where is that coming from? And it annoys you. It can make you feel ashamed because of these things that just pop into your head. And sometimes if you let that shame feeling creep in and and you don't do anything with it, then you just kind of hide inside of it, which is very dangerous when it comes to temptation.
S2: It's huge. What's your thought on this one, Ali?
S4: Well, you know, it's every age. You know, I was having a conversation with with my son, and he's in sixth grade, and, you know, he he's one of those kids who kind of gets along with everybody. And so people joke around with him, and he takes jokes. Well, but he says sometimes he gets aggravated and he goes and he goes, and then something will pop in his mind, like something really mean that he could say back to a particular kid, that would be a great comeback and that would shut the whole conversation down. He goes, but I, I didn't say it.
S2: I can I tell you something? I need to hold on here. Time out. Way to go. Yes, mom and Henry. Way to go. You guys are. You guys know you're you're going to sit there and you're going to take some applauds from me for a big applause. You are raising a good man. Kids do not naturally grow up thinking I need to constrain this thought. That would be a destructive salvo to Goober over here.
S4: And the thing that I was. Thank you. By the grace of God, I was very proud because he understood. I was proud of him, because he understood that the impact of the words that he would have would hurt his, you know, classmate far more than the things that they were lobbing at him. He he was self-aware enough to know if I throw this grenade. And I he had clearly spent some time because it was a very specific diss. And I'm like, whoa, that's a doozy. Glad you didn't say it. It's like I was tempted to, because I was irritated that they just kind of kept poking fun at me, but I didn't. So temptation comes in many forms and it starts early. You're tempted as a kid to do things that you know you shouldn't.
S2: Yeah, that wasn't a grenade. That was called a bunker buster that he was fixing to lob. That goes through.
S5: Boom, boom, boom.
S2: Four layers of underground tunneling and gets to the desired target. You mentioned a point that is important. I want you to get this boom crew. Have you ever been beat up because you thought your temptation was sin, or it somehow reflected poorly on you? Don't do that ever again. You know why? You got enough sin that you need to deal with, let alone temptation.
S3: That's very.
S2: True. Just get really practical here. Why? Why heap more grief on yourself by going, oh, my temptation makes me awful. Did you know that Jesus was tempted in every way, yet without sin? That's in Hebrews 415. Yeah. And did you know that we've been given a way of escape? This is First Corinthians 1013. Did I say Hebrews 415?
S3: Yes.
S2: Okay, so first Corinthians 1013. This is what Paul says. No temptation is overtaking you, meaning that temptation can overtake you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful. He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way of escape or a way out, depending on your translation, that you can endure it. What's the implication here about temptation? What is it?
S4: It's common.
S3: It's common. It's it's not sin. You have a way of escape. Jesus provides you with a way out before you are overcome by it.
S2: Have you ever thought something? And you go, oh, ick! How can I even think that?
S4: Of course.
S2: Ick. I mean, you wake up after a dream and you go, ick! How could I even think that? I've been in dreams where I walk out and I'm glad I woke up because I'm running from someone.
S3: Mhm. Mhm.
S2: Yeah. Thankfully those went away years ago. But you get the, the mind is a battlefield. I've got a book called battlefield of the mind and it is so true. So here's, here's the thing that we've got to remember. Can Satan use temptation as a birthplace for sin. Certainly it all begins there. What Jesus do with temptation, by the way, when he came out of the wilderness and Satan tempted him, what did he use?
S3: He used scripture scripture to come.
S2: Back to God, specifically Deuteronomy, and he had them ready for this memorized.
S3: Yep. He didn't have a scroll with him that he pulled out.
S2: Yeah, he didn't have a pocket scroll. Hang on a second, Satan.
S3: Let me pull out my pocket scroll.
S2: No, he had to memorize and he wielded that. I gotta do this. I gotta say this. There's a word called rhema, and it's the spoken word of God. And that's what the word is spoken there. When Jesus said, Satan, man shall not live by bread alone, but by every rhema word that comes from the mouth of God. Now let me tell you why this is so important. Speaking out the word of God. I'm just throwing this in for free right now. Speaking out the Word of God is the way you deal with temptation. No, I'm not going to provide any provision for the flesh. You have no grounds there? No. I'm going to redeem the time because the days are evil. I'm getting off my booty, and I'm not going to sit here and watch one more show on Netflix. Nope. I'm not going to treat my body like a trash can. And nope, I'm going to find my fullness in Jesus. I'm not going to shove another Quarter Pounder with cheese in there. I mean, guys, we're tempted with stuff constantly, but the big off the hook thing here right now is temptation is not sin. Isn't that great news?
S4: It is because so much of what happens in our mind, we can start to get beat up over it. And then sometimes the guilt and shame of the thoughts you are thinking can actually lower your defense to sin.
S6: Oh Allie, what a great perception.
S2: It's exactly right because we've seen it do it.
S4: Yeah. And because you think, well, man, if I'm the type of person who already thinks thoughts like that and then all of a sudden you start. Well, maybe I'm the kind of person who might do something like that.
S2: Coming up here. Allie had a conversation with a great guy. In fact, he's done some writing on this very thing. So buckle up. Hang on, get a swig of water, guys. We're going to be talking, sifting today. Truth. All day long. Just sifting it. Spit out the pits. Hold on to the good stuff. Temptation. What do you know to be true or not true? Hang on.
S1: She was trying to earn her way to God, but God showed her she didn't have to. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S4: Well, you probably don't need a definition of temptation. You know what it feels like to have the desire to do something that otherwise isn't good for you, or that you should not, but the desire remains. Let's talk about it with our special guest, Doctor Bradley Baron. Is that a good working definition of temptation? I want to do something, but I know I shouldn't.
S7: That's a very good working temptation. It's going to be something we face every minute of every day in many ways.
S4: And you've tackled it. You're the author for this month's today in the Word devotional. What was your starting point for just tackling this big, important topic?
S7: Yeah, I should say the starting point was not that I'm such a great expert. The starting point was that I wanted to learn something about it, and I was a little surprised to find that we had not covered it in today in The Word before. So it was something that came out of my own Bible study that I thought would be helpful to our readers.
S4: What surprised you?
S7: Well, one is the fact that today the word had never done it before when it's so common. It's all through the pages of Scripture, whether it's narrative or expository. And you know, 30 days wasn't nearly enough.
S4: So let's talk about the source of temptation. We've heard of the kind of the big three, which are the source of temptation can be what?
S7: The world, the flesh and the devil. So the world is outside, right? So I look at my neighbor's new car, and maybe I'm tempted to covet it or envy. And then there's the flesh. Those are temptations that come from inside. We're in the process of being redeemed, but we're not quite there yet. And then the devil. He is the adversary. He's the enemy of our souls. And he would love to get us one degree off true north, meaning true north being Christ. I mean, he doesn't usually tempt me to rob a bank because that wouldn't be very tempting to me. But he slides in some subtle, attractive temptation that gets my eyes off Christ, and once he gets one degree off, he'll try for two degrees and then three degrees.
S4: And so where do we see in Scripture? I mean, you said it's all over. What are some common passages of Scripture or places that can help us understand how to deal with temptation?
S7: The first one that pops into my head is the Lord's Prayer, right? Only a few topics are actually mentioned in the Lord's Prayer, and temptation is one of them. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. So that's one of the ways to overcome temptation is to stay in prayer. That's certainly what Christ did. And of course, then Christ himself faced temptation in the wilderness. That's one of the defining episodes in his ministry. And he fought it by quoting scripture. You know, so there's it's not rocket science here. Quoting Scripture and prayer. Scripture and prayer are two of the ways to resist. If you're looking for the range. Adam and Eve faced temptation in the garden, and obviously they did poorly with that. And we all faced the consequences as a result. Right. But you get, you know, everybody everybody got Abraham, who was tempted to lie to Pharaoh and he gave in to that. You got Ezekiel, who was tempted not to deliver the word of the Lord. And of course, the apostles taught in the epistles that temptation was going to be a daily reality for every one of us. By resisting it, this is how we draw near to Christ and become more like him.
S4: And as we resist temptation, because I think most people would like to think that, won't there come a time when I have read enough of the word, when I've prayed enough, when I've walked long enough with the Lord that I'm not dealing with these pesky temptations? Is that a is that even something to aim for? That somehow we could be insulated to the point where we won't experience it.
S7: Yes and no. Will it get easier as you get more mature? Yes. Absolutely. You get better spiritual habits, stronger spiritual disciplines. You're closer to the Lord. You know more of Satan's tricks. On the other hand, will you be completely insulated and not even bothered by temptation? Well, yes. That's when Christ returns. Sure. Or you join him in glory. But I do think that for mature saints, the battle does get easier in the sense that you know how to win it just by relying on the Lord.
S4: Now, commonly quoted passage of Scripture is about God providing a way of escape, us not being tempted beyond what we can bear out of. First Corinthians ten, I believe. What do you say about that scripture as you did your study?
S7: Well, I think that we've never felt the full strength of temptation because we usually give in. Right? Right. The only one who has felt the full strength of temptation is Christ. And he never gave in. And the more I study temptation, that just amazes me that every day, every minute, you know, it wasn't just in the wilderness. Satan was tempting him. And not once in any way did he ever give in. And so that's our way of escape, is to go to the one who knows every temptation that we're facing. And he faced stronger ones than we've ever faced. And he sympathizes with us in our weakness. He is our way of escape. He is our rescuer.
S4: The. We're talking about this month's devotional today in The Word. I would encourage you to jump in as we are into the month of February. Just a couple of days. Get in, grab it on the app. There's paper copies. You can go on the website and get it sent to your inbox every day. Just text the word today to 855 five 7898. Text today to 855 five 7898. Doctor Barron, thank you so much for your time this morning. Quick footnote. If you get the paper copy of today in the word, if you get that in your mail, as I do, be sure to flip through to the end. They have a Q and A section each month. And this month Carl does the Q and A on his book Killing Sin talking about temptation. So be on the lookout for that. And if you do not get that or get it in the app form, text the word today to 805 55, 78, 98. Don't miss out on this is a great tool, great resource today in the word. Text today to 800 555 7898.
S1: He was sharing the gospel on the radio and then he got saved. Young thunders in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Sometimes we take the bait. Temptation is real. We don't have to cave to it. There's a way of escape. But what do we do when we take the bait? You know we're no longer slaves to sin. We're bond servants of righteousness. And that all that indicates what? Paul's. Excuse me. What Paul's teaching us in the book of Romans is that we now have a brand new power structure that we are living in, and it's not our own. I gladly say in our coach for radio says all the time, keep sharing it. And I'm like, oh, I share it too much. And he's like, no, you got to keep sharing it. Nobody shares those kind of things. And I look, I am so grateful for the grace of God that set me free from a raging cocaine addiction and alcohol addiction and a lot of crazy living. But here's one thing I found. When I was a young follower of Jesus, I found myself in small groups and just growing like a weed man. The Bible was open. We're going. But there was one little thing that would happen that I saw a reoccurring pattern and I thought, oh my goodness, I wonder if there's a way out of this. You ever been in a small group of guys where you saw people that had the courage to share something that, like they opened up their chest cavity and they're like, this is what I'm battling with.
S3: Oh, yeah.
S2: And doesn't that give you a sense of, oh, man, how courageous is that?
S3: Yeah, yeah. And it also puts a little courage in me to be able to say, okay, hey, this person showing that you can be open and honest here. This is a safe place to do that and so I can be open and honest.
S2: It's so cool. One of the challenging things can be is when you come back the next week and everybody is sharing and somebody says, ah, man, I fell in the ditch again. And without a strategy. I've seen this happen many times where somebody comes back and pretty quick after second, third, fourth time, they're like, it's not even sometimes spoken, right. It's like, oh, you know, he or she isn't sharing anymore. And then the thought in your mind, if you're attending the group is and I wonder if they got victory over that.
S6: Thing.
S3: Right. Well, because sometimes this isn't the case all the time, but sometimes it's the case of, well, you know, I'm sharing with people, but it's not getting any better. And and so I don't want to have to go every week and say it's not getting any better. And because that's a hard thing to say, there's there is a lot of lot of shame that comes to us in that when we feel stuck.
S2: We're all in recovery. No one has arrived in the madness cycle. If you are under the influence of the spirit, the Spirit of God will convict you and you're like, okay, this has to change. But without a strategy, we have missed the mark. That's in shame. Repent. And then let's say after repentance, it's like, I'm going to do this. You ever felt like, yeah, I've got victory. We're going to do this. I'm never going back there again. Got it. You you string together a day or two or a week or a month, and then you're in a heap.
S6: Right? Yes.
S2: We've got.
S6: To go.
S2: To the point where we say, I don't care if it's gossiping in the lobby. I don't care if it's flying off the handle with anger. I don't care if it's not loving your wife as Christ loved the church, or if it's food, or if it's you started sipping wine. Now it's sipping you. Whatever. This pornography. Come on. Whatever it is, we're all in recovery. And I am so fired up because what I was asked on a podcast yesterday, what caused you to write this book? I think a couple of things. One is how many responded to that chapter. Robert Louis told me. He said when I wrote seven resolutions, he said this chapter on killing sin. Nobody's talking about it like this. And he said, this is worth this is worth the whole thing. So we took that and we kind of zoomed out and took a little bigger look at it. But it's still only 138 page book. I want to write a book that was actually read from cover to cover, because 85% of books never get read. Isn't that something? Wow, 85%. So I wanted you to read it and apply it because it's more than a book to read. It's a life to live. It's called killing sin. Conquer the one thing that is defeating you. And when I say one thing, it's never one thing. But there's usually when you guys agree. And we did this one time over a year ago. What's that one thing that's holding you back from everything that God has for you? And people know it. It comes to the top of our mind, man. We do not have to be asked too many times.
S3: No. There's always there's always something you can think of sometimes. Sometimes you can think of a couple, you know, but there's always at least one thing that comes to your mind that says, okay, this is at the forefront for me right now, and I would be walking so much stronger in the Lord if this wasn't affecting my walk.
S6: And we all have them.
S3: Yes.
S6: Everyone.
S2: And if you if you can't find it, set an appointment with Ali. She'll help you find this sucker.
S4: Wow.
S2: So here's the deal. I've got something really cool to announce, because share is coming up in March, and it's going to be the premium, which all that means for gift of any amount that's given. We're going to send it to you free, but we're going to prime the pump on this thing, and I'm so fired up. Now, if you're outside of Chicagoland, I want to tell you there's talk about getting me out of Chicagoland to do this. And it's it's worth getting on a bird and doing it. So we're going to work on that. But if you're in Chicagoland, we're doing a book signing and it's totally for free. All we're going to encourage you to do is when shear rolls around, would you be a part of this thing? So come get a free copy of my book, Killing Sin. I'm going to sign it over to you. We're going to have a party there. Ali, you got all the details and any other mustard you want to add?
S4: It's going to be Saturday, March 1st. So coming up just in a couple of weeks out at Villa Park at Premium Motors. Villa Park is in DuPage County in the suburbs here in Chicagoland. So if that's within a rocks throw from where you're at or you can get to, I would love to invite you out between nine and noon. Just stop in. You don't have to stay long. You can grab a book, get it signed, grab a cup of coffee, say hello, and then get on with your Saturday. But would love to get you out there to meet you to get this book. Just text the word book for the details 805 5570 898. Text book to (800) 555-7898.
S2: I am so fired up to meet you. I really am. And there is, um, there's a there's something going on. It's with a lot of young people, but it's starting to bubble up in the church. I am seeing a spiritual hunger for doing business with God at a at a real serious discipleship level. And one of those involves just dragging out of the shadows, bringing into the light something that has been defeating you. And we want that for you. So I hope to see you March 1st, nine to noon, three hour window. We want you to get it on your calendar early here. And it's there's no charge for this book. I'm just going to sign it over to you and say, God bless you and shake your hand. Our hope is that our hope is that you would be a part of share when it rolls around. And this is a premium that we're giving out. And man, I'm more I'm so I'm so thrilled because I don't know, I can get a face in my mind's eye of someone breaking free from something that's been hounding them and living in the shadows and mocking them for 20 years, two months, whatever it is. So we're grateful. Just text. You want the details. It's going to be at Premium Motors in Villa Park from nine to noon on March 1st. Just text the word book. Just book to 800 555 7898. Book to (800) 555-7898. And it's going to be quite a party. Isn't that going to be a party, Ali?
S4: It's going to be great. I'm excited. We'll have some moody folks out there to greet you as well. Pick up some, you know, some little moody swag. Text book to (800) 555-7898 98.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire and everything is Greek to her. Super die is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Okay, we're going to go sluice in here. Let me ask a question here. How many of you have ever gone sluicing for gold?
S3: I have not. I've watched it on TV. I have not sluiced for gold.
S2: Okay. Boom! Crew. Have you ever sluiced for gold? (800) 555-7898. You don't have to text and say no, because that's the vast majority. But you can text and say yes.
S4: See if we have anyone else who's done this.
S2: Yeah. (800) 555-7898. In fact, if you've sluice for gold, I want you to call in. I want to talk to you on air. That's what we got to do.
S3: Only if you sluice for gold.
S2: Yeah. Yeah. Not not not you read Wikipedia? That ain't going to work. We need you. If you've actually been out there in the muck and mire and you've done some sluicing for gold. Come on, give us a call. (800) 555-7898. That's what we need. We need an expert like you.
S4: I mean, there was my favorite show when I was growing up. Was little House on the Prairie.
S6: Oh, there we go.
S4: They did have a gold mining episode where they heard that there could be goals. So they they left, left Walnut Grove to try to see if they could find.
S6: What.
S2: Guys she knows every episode.
S3: There's gold in them there.
S6: Hills.
S4: This is like, you know, me and my little bonnet.
S6: Yeah, she had a bonnet. All of her sisters.
S2: Had.
S6: A bonnet.
S4: Yeah, we did matching bonnets we got for Christmas because this show, we thought we were the Ingles sisters.
S6: Hold it.
S2: Did your brother have suspenders?
S4: No. I mean, we.
S6: He.
S3: Should have.
S6: Done that.
S4: We couldn't. We had to. He was the youngest with three older sisters. So we I mean, we tried to dress him up and stuff, but I think my parents shut that down wisely.
S2: Proud of your.
S6: Dad? Poor guy.
S2: No, that ain't happening.
S4: He's a wise man. He's. He's survived three dominant personality. Older sisters.
S2: I'm just having to survive one. Oh, boy. Oh! Ah! Oh! That was a dick. Okay. Oh, boy. So here's the deal, guys. If you have sluiced or panned for gold, you got to call in 805, 55, 78, 98.
S4: We just have two yeses. Or I've panned for gold on text message. But we got to hear from you for this to count. So tell us if you've done this. 855, five, 78, 98. This. I don't think this is a common experience.
S3: I don't think so either.
S2: Is it? It is in Alaska.
S4: Really?
S2: Oh, yeah.
S4: Even to this day.
S2: Yeah. People have gold pan art. Like, there's artists that take gold pans and they do artistic landscapes. It used to be super popular. And then everybody had one of these, and then it's like, oh, everybody's got one of these. But I mean, it's so common.
S4: Like you would buy a gold pan and there was art in it.
S2: Oh, yeah, there's art. So they took a clean gold pan, and the old ones didn't have ridges like these new fangled plastic ones that have ridges. It's kind of they're really getting high tech now, but the old ones were just pans. So they're shallow pans that you washed water around in a circular fashion. Got all the debris out. Dirt, big rocks, ugly stuff. And then there's the gold in theory. Didn't work for me. But where is it? I'm going to stay on the horn here. We don't we don't have anyone that's done gold panning or sluicing.
S3: Well, we have, uh, if I'm seeing the phone correctly, we have your wife calling in. Janine, is this you?
S8: Yeah. Yeah, I've gone panning for gold quite a few times.
S3: What did you know that, Carl?
S2: Uh, no. Here's what's weird. My phone box is broken. I don't see anyone calling in.
S3: Oh, really? Yeah.
S2: Oh, so I got totally shocked. Uh, babe, what are you are you doing this morning? And tell me, am I learning something about you that I did not know?
S8: Well, you know, I grew up in Colorado, and they have these, um, rocky rivers everywhere, and my dad was really into it. We had the little miners cabins near our home up in the mountains in Colorado, and we'd go out panning for gold.
S2: Okay. Yeah. I did not know this. 37 years. My bride calls in to our radio show and is telling me stuff I did not know. Babe, did you ever find gold?
S8: We found fool's gold. Um, but I have to add another piece. You know, I was really into the little house on the prairie, too. Like Ali and I had the little bonnet. Yes, I had the dress, and I watched. I read every book. Yeah.
S4: So that's. Oh, we have that in common. Thank you. I'm glad you had the bonnet.
S5: Hey, babe.
S4: That's amazing.
S2: Babe? Yeah. What do you say we go gold pan in the summer. Let's go up.
S5: North.
S2: Seriously, you and me.
S5: Let's head north.
S2: Let's. Let's go north. Let's try to find some gold. You and me. Wouldn't that be a fun date, babe?
S8: I think all the gold's already taken out. So, anyway, it was a fun childhood thing that we did with my dad. So, anyway, travel and gold panning. Yeah.
S2: Okay. Thanks for calling in.
S3: That's great.
S2: Okay. My dad's full of surprises. I did not know that she was gold panning with her dad. How did I not know that in 37 years of marriage, I thought I'd asked her all these questions.
S3: You learn something new every day.
S2: Okay? We got. Well, we got our gold panner. Now we got to coming up here. What in the world are we panning for this? This whole sifting principle is really biblical, isn't it, Ali?
S4: It is because we're called to do this with our thoughts. You want to extract out the good stuff and leave all the waste behind.
S1: You can take them out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of him. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Yeah, we're in this together, guys. We're all in it together. What a powerful passage of scripture here. And, Ali, you've heard this. Why don't you read it and then give your story on this? Because this is the ultimate sifting process of getting bad thinking or things raised up against God. Things that are not part of the gospel out of our life. Tearing down these strongholds. Taking thoughts captive. What a powerful text, huh?
S4: In Second Corinthians ten, starting with verse, verse three, for though we walk in the flesh, we are not waging war according to the flesh. For the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but have divine power to destroy strongholds. We destroy arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God, and take every thought captive to obey Christ. I have a mentor who uses this verse often when she prays for people, for people, for situations. And the first couple times it kind of caught me off guard because when I when I hear this verse.
S5: Strong.
S4: I think about the, you know, the, the real in besetting sins. It's kind of what I, how I've heard this verse used like, you know, somebody maybe stuck in pornography or lust or something, clearly that those thoughts need to be taken captive. There's a warfare approach to kind of taking that ground back, but she uses it when she's praying for somebody who's anxious because those anxious thoughts, anxiety has elevated itself. It has raised itself up against the knowledge of God, the Word of God that says we can be anxious for nothing. And I'm like, whoa, okay. That's a different way that every single mindset that you can think of, every wrong way of thinking, does this. It elevates itself above the Word of God. Therefore, it needs to be taken captive. And for some reason, it has just expanded my view of how to how to use and apply this verse. Hearing it prayed for situations that I wouldn't have necessarily thought necessitated it. But every mindset anxious, fearful, angry, proud, lustful all of those mindsets have to be brought down.
S2: It's so good, Ali. I'm so pumped that you shared that, because a lot of times we look at this passage and it's strong, man. I mean, we are destroying arguments and every lofty opinion raised against the knowledge of God. All of that rubble, debris, mud. Using, using this gold panning metaphor again, all that stuff that dilutes or hides the nuggets of who we are in Jesus, how he operates in this world, how the church is to function. What do we do when we get tempted? How do we handle adversity in the body of Christ? Why is there Disorder and every evil practice. So mind below and go, oh, God, there's. Envy and selfish ambition. I mean, it's how cool is this?
S5: You know.
S4: Because we think you think about your gold mining metaphor. We can think about those things as worthless. The the the dirt, the mud, all that stuff is sort of worthless. It doesn't matter much when it comes to our thoughts, though. I don't think we realize the threat that these lofty opinions and wrong mindsets pose, that they're not just sort of this harmless thing that just is sort of there, but it shouldn't be. It actually is opposing the Word of God, raising itself up, elevating it above the knowledge of God. So when we look at it, we can't look at it as like this harmless sort of thing that, oh yeah, it probably shouldn't be there. It's like, no, taking it captive is an aggressive move, but we have to look at wrong mindsets with that kind of viewpoint.
S2: We touched on this a couple of days ago. It's not. Janet Parshall interviewed someone about this. I just heard a bit of it. My bride said it was epic. And it's not the we're not in this New Age movement. We're in a New Thought movement. And it's a twist on New Age that's actually more subtle. But we've talked about this in the past. But be careful with this language of I can imagine this into being, or I can manifest this in my mind that has no business in the gospel followers mindset or lips. So we got to pull that stuff out now. Does what we think about matter? Yeah, but you can manifest all you want, but God wants to do immeasurably more than you can ask or imagine.
S5: Yes.
S2: So why are you limiting God by trying to manifest a new car in your front yard? When God has so much more? Yeah, and I'm not against new cars. Take it captive. Give it to God today.