S1: Hi friend, thank you so much for downloading this podcast and I truly hope you hear something that edifies encourage, equips, enlightens, and then gets you out there in the marketplace of ideas. But before you go, I want to tell you about this month's truth tool. It's called Have You Ever Wondered? And I absolutely love this topic because if you're like me, going out into the night sky and looking up and seeing a million stars, don't you just stop and think about God? And are you not in a moment of awe and wonder or looking out over the vast expanse of an ocean and you start thinking, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And it makes you wonder about the magnificence of God? I think that sense of wonder was put there on purpose, and this wonderful book includes a composite of multiple authors who have written from their perspective as a scientist, or a historian, or a mathematician or an artist, on why they all have this sense of awe through the work that they do. In other words, the heavens declare the glory. And as it tells us in Romans, we are really without excuse because his handiwork is everywhere. And this book invites you to walk through the chapters written by people who all have a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to God through their various disciplines in life. It's an amazing book and it's yours. For a gift of any amount, just call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Ask for a copy of Have You Ever Wondered? And we'll send it right off to you as my way of saying thank you, because we are listener supported radio. Or you can go online to in the market with Janet Parshall. When you're also on the website, consider becoming a partial partner. Those are people who give every single month at a level of their own choosing. You always get the truth tool, but in addition to that, you get a weekly newsletter that includes my writing and an audio piece just for my partial partners. So 877 Janet 58 or the website in the market with Janet parshall.org consider becoming a partial partner or asking for this month's truth tool. Have you ever wondered? And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: The conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a major.
S6: 17 years, the Palestinians and Israelis negotiated a truce.
S1: Hi, friends. Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. Thank you so much for spending the hour together. Okay. We're going to tackle that tough subject that is all around us, whether we want to talk about it or not. And I have to tell you, I'm pretty sure that the church didn't start this discussion, but it's imperative that we join in this discussion. And that's the issue of human sexuality. You know, I can tell you, I remember a time when you would have no more heard the word human sexuality over Christian radio than, you know, I pledge allegiance to the Communist flag. We wouldn't have been talking about those things, but we've matured, and I think we've also discovered that for the cause of the cross, we cannot be ashamed of the gospel of Jesus Christ. Any part of it, any part of it, including but not limited to the part about sex. Because, you know, I guess it's going to come as a shock. Grab the smelling salts. It was God who designed sex. Yeah. Not the world. It was God. So is it important to God? Well, he made it. And then he put it exactly where it's supposed to be. In a relationship between a husband and a wife, defined without any ambiguity as a husband and a wife, a male and a female. That was, by the way, for the record, Your honor, in a place of perfection. Well, then along comes a serpent, a serpent, and then we exercise free will. And then by man came death. And the sin of the world came in from the first Adam. Thank you. God was taken care of by the second Adam, Jesus Christ. But in the meantime, since we do live currently, check your mailing address. East of Eden. We are struggling with the area of human sexuality. So whether it's adultery, whether it's premarital sex, whether it's cohabitation, whether it's polyamory, whether it's man boy love, whether it's same sex attraction, whether it's I woke up in the wrong body any iteration you want. Satan, by the way, is unbelievably creative, with a dull colored palette. And so he's going to take everything that God made in perfection, and he's going to adulterate it as best he can. Because after all, he says with his tail rattling, did God really say, well, yep, he did. And that's what we're going to talk about this hour, this whole hour. And we're going to answer your questions. Because, folks, there's a lot of confusion outside the church. But you know what really gets me? It's the confusion working its way into the church. What's a third way? What's the other way? What's AJ6. What is that? There's all these. What's a gay Christian movement out there? I don't get that. God's word is pretty clear. I'm not that smart. But I can read black ink on white paper. And I can also tell you that we love and serve a God who can take care of whatever our problems are. How do I know that? because in that letter to the Corinthian church, an area, by the way, that was dealing with sexual immorality, in fact, when a culture became so paganistic and its sexuality, they were called being Corinthian ized. Ooh, not a compliment. So in his first letter to the Corinthians, Paul writes, and that is what some of you were. Pause on those words. That's why the activists and the LGBT and whatever other alphabet letters you want movement add on to. They don't like that story, because what they're doing is trying to deny the fact that there has been an alienation of affections, and God can redirect and change your heart and give you the desires of your heart. That's why such were not are were some of you? But but you were washed. This is my wash, rinse and spin cycle of Scripture I love this. You were washed, you were sanctified. You were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the spirit of our God. Is there hope? You betcha. And that's what we're going to talk about this hour. But first, a couple of things. We'll open the phone lines. Your chance to ask any question. You had a child come to you and say, mom, I think I'm gay. What are you going to do about it? You got a relative that says you're coming to my same sex wedding. You've got someone in church who says, but I was born this way and God doesn't make mistakes. And then you've got someone who says, But God tells us to love everybody. So I'm sure that you love the transgender and you're going to use my appropriate pronouns. Does it get messy? You betcha. But when all else fails, read the instructions. So we're going to give you a chance to ask any question you have this hour on this whole LGBTQ ad, whatever alphabet letters you want, because it's time for us to get really back to the word and find out what the word has to say. (877) 548-3675. Questions only (877) 548-3675. And you know who's going to answer the questions for you this hour. And Edward. And I'm so glad because Anne understands this story. She is that First Corinthians and such were some of you. And God takes this person who was a were and now is and is, and him, where she has been defined by his imputed righteousness, And she now helps minister to people who struggle with unwanted same sex attraction. And so, for more than two decades, she has served as an author, a speaker, a spokesperson and an advocate for men and women who do struggle in this area. And that's why she has the role as executive director of restored Hope network. That's a conglomeration, if you will, of ministries that deal with this subject. And boy, have we got an exciting announcement to make about what's happening in the next couple of days that I want you to hear about. Her mission, quite literally, is leading the organization to restore hope to those broken by sexual and relationships, and especially those impacted by homosexuality. She is the author of Restoring Sexual Identity Hope for Women Who Struggle with Same Sex Attraction, and co-author of Love Won Out. She has also written for spirit LED Woman, charisma and the Gospel Coalition and My Friend, Pull Up a Chair. We have so much to talk about. But you know what? Right out of the gate, I'm going to come up to a break soon. And I don't care how long it takes us. I really want my friends to know about what's coming up at the Hope 2025 conference. We're going to talk about this a lot because the key verse for the conference is that verse right out of First Corinthians. And that's why you're calling it Hope 2025. And the theme is washed. Tell me about this virtual conference.
S7: Hello, Janet. It's so good to hear your voice. One on one here, right in front of all of your audience. What a delight to be with you. Thank you for having me. Um. Washed is going to be about Jesus washing away our sins by his blood. And it's about how to find hope and healing for those who are dealing with gender dysphoric issues or same sex attraction issues. Um, and so yes, we're handling all topics LGBT. Um, also talking about, um, how to create grace based environments within church situations so that people can encounter the love and mercy and forgiveness of Jesus as they walk through this stuff. And so we're even handling overcoming sexualized media addiction, otherwise known as porn. Wow. So it's a it's a pretty intense week that will be amazing offerings for people who are looking for help.
S1: Well, the reason I'm excited about this and we're going to get more details on the other side of the break is it's virtual, which means, you know, so often when you're talking to a national audience, it's frustrating and at some level unkind to talk about a conference that's the other side of the country that you can never attend, and there's no way to watch virtually. But I didn't walk. I ran to an because I wanted her to talk about this, because there isn't a person within the sound of my voice who can't attend this conference because it's that virtual. So now you got a bunch of questions, don't you? Right. You want to know when and how and where and what we're going to tell you all that when we return. But don't forget, after we talk about this conference, Anna's going to answer your questions on this. Okay. On human sexuality, what the conference is covering what she does daily in the ministry that God has called her to. 77 5483675. Questions only. That's our number. We want to hear from you back after this. The questions that matter most often come while watching a sunset, or listening to music, or looking into the night sky. That's why I've chosen. Have you ever wondered, as this month's truth tool, God draws us to himself through a sense of awe and wonder, and this book will help you discover how. As for your copy of Have you ever wondered when you give a gift of any amount in the market, call eight 7758. That's eight 7758 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall? Oh, we got a lot of people online with questions. I just love the way you respond. And thank you, God, for raising up wonderful teachers like an Edward. We're talking about same sex attraction, the alphabet soup, trans, that whole stuff. But from a biblical perspective. Oh you betcha. It's being talked about in the marketplace of ideas. But as soldiers of the cross, ambassadors for Christ, followers of the king. What does he say? What are his values? What does he want us to say to a hurting culture on this particular topic? And that's why we're taking questions (877) 548-3675. We're going to do that in a bit. Thank you for your patience, friends, but I really want you to hear about the Hope 2025 conference entitled washed right out of that verse in First Corinthians. So and it is virtual. So now it's it's the 20th and the 21st. I have this right. So now that raises the question where do I go to get it. How do I sign up. Tell me the particulars.
S7: Absolutely. You go to our website which is restored hope network.org. Sorry, I almost blew it. Restored hope network.org. Um, and so once you go there you click on events and it is the Hope conference. It will have all the details of the speakers, what the sample schedule is, the simply the abbreviated schedule, um, and also the link to register. so the cost is $125 to attend. Um, which is a lot less than an in-person conference, which is wonderful. Um, the other thing, too, is, Janet, we want to give your listeners a 10% off code.
S1: Oh, wow. Thank you.
S7: So if they register, enter this into the code area. After you pick your general registration and you scroll down, it offers an option to type in a code. And that code is Janet. We're just going to use your first name. So there you go. I thought about all the other abbreviations that we decided on. Janet. So, um, yeah, if you just go there and you choose, that'll give you 10% off. It'll knock 10% off that cost. Wow. Um, yeah.
S1: And I'm not. I'm not. I want you to hit all the financial reimbursement to run a conference like this. But I just want to talk about the price for a minute. You know, if a husband and wife are going together, it's still 125. They're sitting in front of the same computer. Right. So I want you to figure that for the cost of the conference. So when you start thinking, well, if we had to pay individually to get into a conference, which you would, by the way, you can't do that when you're an in-person conference. But this is a cost that might be more manageable if you think, well, it's a husband and wife or a parent and a child or however iteration you do it, it's that access to the virtual conference. So thank you Anne. Restored Hope network. Org. By the way, I've made this real easy for you. I got a direct link on my information page. So if you're preparing dinner or you're stuck in traffic, it's all there in the info page. You try to make it easy for you, click it on and it's this Friday and Saturday. So people are going, wait a minute, I work on Friday. How much would I miss? So what are the hours for Friday and Saturday?
S7: Great question. It does start at 9 a.m. Denver time, mountain time. But the nice thing about this conference is you can either listen to it in your ear if you're able to do that while you work, or you can watch it immediately afterwards so you can join the live conference on Saturday if that's what your schedule looks like. And then listen immediately to the Friday part on Sunday or any other day you desire. It will not be loaded up onto YouTube and our other media outlet until probably January. So this gives you a window of six months that you have access to this material, these materials that you wouldn't otherwise have. Excellent. Um, so yes, there are a bunch of benefits to that.
S1: Okay.
S7: The other thing, too, is that we have a watch party. Um, we actually have eight watch parties around the country that are happening. So if they they miss the in-person aspect and they want to go to one. Well, we actually have one in Spokane, Washington, near Detroit, Michigan, and Bella Vista, Arkansas and Rockford, Illinois, Oklahoma City, up near a not to bury, but it'll be in Orlando, Florida. Conyers, Georgia, near Boston, Massachusetts. Um, and so they can also join one of those, but they'd have to reach out to us right away to get the info about how to join an in-person watch party.
S1: And that's where a group.
S7: Of.
S1: And that's a group of people watching together right in the same place physically.
S7: We. That's right. We sent watch party boxes. So they have a bunch of different ideas of how to host a watch party. It's like hosting another event, but you have the content from our conference that's being broadcast. Um, one of the one of the churches that's hosting us in, uh, Bella Vista, Arkansas, is a very large Southern Baptist church, and they're going to have seats for about 250 people. They're expecting over 150 to just that one watch party. Wow. So we shall see.
S1: That's that's awesome. All right. So let me just give you the flyover again. We're going to talk about it a lot because Anne was gracious. This is short notice. This comfort starts on Friday. So it's this week. I'm pretty sure she had a million and a half things to do. So for her to come and give me an hour of her time to take your questions, I just treasure. But most importantly, I wanted you to know about this conference because this is where you're going to get people who will answer these kinds of questions. Just quick fly over some of the topics the speakers are going to talk about.
S7: An absolutely. Jonathan Dougherty from Be Broken in Texas is going to be talking about overcoming sexualized media addiction. He's also going to be covering creating grace based environments for health, for hope and healing. Doctor Angeles is going to be speaking on trauma and the impact on spirit, soul and body. She also has a keynote that she'll be covering identity theft. What a great title. Yes, because that is in how to align with Christ. Christ centered identity. So she's going to be tying that all together. Um, Doctor Linda Seiler, PhD will be, um, covering accommodating celibate gay theology. A deceptive path it's the side B Christianity. Side A is generally the pro gay side. And then they contrast it with so-called side B. And that essentially is nearly gay Christianity. All it does is it say abstain, but you can adopt a gay identity. What's deceptive about that? Hello, Tyler.
S1: Exactly.
S7: We'll be covering that.
S1: So those are just a few. Okay. So again, it's restored hope network. I have this on my website, but if you're thinking about going directly. Great. Restored hope network. Org. There's an events tab. You click that on and then you'll see Hope conference 2025. And again the theme is called wash starts this Friday. And it'll be Friday and Saturday. And boy to have godly people rise up and talk biblically about this. Not try to be the book of James, a double minded man, unstable in all his ways. We've got a foot in both worlds. It just doesn't work. It's grace filled narrative. Grace always is the narrative. Seasoned. The Bible said with salt. It's not an either or. It's a both end. Back after this. Okay, friends, from here it is your questions to an Edward, who is the executive director of restored Hope network. Questions you've got on same sex attraction transgenderism. The list goes on and on and on. (877) 548-3675. I'm going to Ohio first and Marlena is with us first. Thank you so much for being here. And your question for Ann, please.
S8: Yes. My step granddaughter is scheduled to get married to another woman in September, and she sent me a an invitation to the wedding. She knows where I stand with my faith in God. My question is, do I go to the wedding? Which could mean that I condone what's going on? How do I handle this as a Christian in love?
S7: Wonderful question. A very frequently asked question, unfortunately. The first thing is you're taking this seriously for a reason. When you go to a wedding, they often will say that the people who are attending are giving witness to the union. So it is a very weighty thing to take into account before God, before God and man, that kind of bond. So one thing I would say is if you determine after our conversation that you cannot go to the wedding or you go with conditions, you would need to talk with your your step granddaughter ahead of time and let her know that this is what you mean and this is what you do not mean, or that you cannot come. And here's why. But you love her and you want to be in relationship with your step granddaughter. So those are a couple of the challenges coming up. One is, standing in as a believer in a wedding means you're standing in the place of you're representing Jesus in that location. Would Jesus attend someone marrying their their sibling with Jesus? Attend a wedding with two women marrying a man or vice versa? Um, clearly no. He would call them people out of sin, or he would be there and convict of sin and they would repent. So those are the kinds of things that we expect when Jesus is involved, when we step into a situation according to First Corinthians six, we're actually bearing with us in our bodies and our temples the Holy Spirit. And so we do represent God in that scenario. So it's very important to take this seriously. We actually have, um, in 2023, doctor Robert Gagnon, a theologian at New Testament theologian, covered that very topic, and it's available free if you want to listen in more and really think it through in detail. If you go to restored Hope network org and you go into resources, it'll offer you previous, um, Hope conference recordings in 2023. Doctor Robert Gagnon covered that very topic, so I highly recommend that for further follow up.
S1: Excellent. I hope that helps. And thank you so much for the question. Nisha. I welcome you from Illinois. Thanks for being here. Your question please.
S9: Hi. Thank you so much for your time. I just wanted to know if you have a family member that is trans and you want to help them come to like sanctification, but you were formerly in the community and identified in the LGBT community. How would you best go about helping them?
S7: Great question. So the first thing is you can talk based on a personal experience. And I find that to be incredibly powerful when I'm talking to people, if I grab a coffee at an airport and all there is is Starbucks and I will talk to somebody who either identifies as gay or trans, it's actually fun for me to share Jesus with them, should they be willing to have that conversation. Because, um, it shows a couple of things. One, that God loves people enough that he's willing to speak truth to someone. In that scenario, he's not afraid of dirtying his hands. He's actually wanting and longing to draw people to himself. Um, in that there's redemption in the middle of it. And so I get to share a little bit about, hey, I once was gay, and look what Jesus did in my life. And it's not just my life. He's done this to many others, so you can actually approach that in a very powerful way from talking about what Jesus is and has been doing and what he did do in your life to bring about redemption. So that's a great starting point. Again, there's no way to pressure someone to becoming a Christian or line up their lives with the Lord. But another powerful tool in your toolbox is questions. Well, if this person claimed to know Jesus at some point and they claim they're a Christian today, then it's a great question to say, okay, well, how did you get to the point where God is somehow okay with this? What changed about how you interpreted Scripture? Have you really evaluated how you're looking at that? Are you looking at it through the lens of your sin, or are you looking at it through God's lens of interpreting accurately Scripture? And so who changed in this equation? Often it's us. So the fact is humans are quite capable of justifying themselves in whatever form of sin, but that can open a conversation of, well, how close do you feel to God right now compared to previously? Um, how is your life going right now? And oftentimes, someone who's embracing trans, um, their whole scheme of life is being flipped upside down. Um, their way of thinking everybody else to flip their worldviews upside down. And so there's often a case of mental instability, emotional instability, other things like that that are not so encouraging. So it may not be going well for that person. That would be the time to insert maybe, um, the Lord has more for you. You don't have to go down this pathway. Are you sure this is the pathway that that God has in mind for you? And is this the right way to go and deal with truth claims? And that's very exciting. That's where things happen.
S1: That's why I love talking to an. It's not a wonderful answer. Nisha, I hope that's an encouragement to you. Thank you for your compassionate heart and asking the question in the first place. (877) 548-3675. This is in the market with Janet Parshall. Any question you have on all of this sexuality stuff that we're talking about in the marketplace of ideas. But the difference here is how do we respond like Jesus? (877) 548-3675. Ministry is never a solo effort. You know my voice because I'm on the radio every day. Look a little further and you'd see right into the homes of listeners just like you. Partial partners who give a monthly gift and make this ministry available. Become a member of the team today by becoming a partial partner. Call eight 7758 or go online to in the market with Janet parshall.org. We're visiting with an Edward, who for more than two decades she has served as an author, a speaker, a spokesperson and an advocate for men and women who struggle with unwanted same sex attractions. That's why today, her role is executive director of restored Hope network. By the way, this was her story. That's why that verse in First Corinthians is so powerful. Someday, if you want. We'll have Anne come and share her story again. But such were some of you, including Anne. Not anymore. Now she's taking everything that has happened in her life through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit and ministers to people who are broken and struggling in this area of sexual sin. I want to remind you again, also restored Hope network. I'll say it again. Restored Hope network. Their virtual conference entitled washed based on that verse in First Corinthians, starts this Friday and Saturday. It's a two day conference, starts at 9:00 Denver time. That's mountain time. But even if you can't, because you're on the job Friday, go to it. Remember, you have access once you sign up for this conference for six months for all of the messages, if you could only listen live on Saturday, you haven't lost anything. You're going to get your money's worth because you'll be able to listen up to six months. Absolutely fabulous. A great lineup of speakers really across the board dealing with issues of human sexuality that people struggle with. People in the church struggle with, issues the church struggles with. So it's going to be an absolutely fabulous conference. So check it out. Hope conference 2025. And I've got a direct link on my information page if that will help. All right. Back to the phones where we started. (877) 548-3675 Kathy in Indiana, thank you for being here. And your question for Anne, please.
S10: Hello, Anne. Um, I have a daughter who's married. Her husband has declared himself non-binary. She gets very upset if we don't use the they them pronouns, but I don't even know how to use them.
S7: I guess I do get you. Um. So, son in law, who's decided? he is not neither male or female. That's what non-binary means. So there is no, of course, justification scientifically for not being either male or female. In fact, our biology lines up exactly with the Word of God because he, the Word of God, created all things. And so there is no third sex or a lack of in-between. So if we define things biologically, he has no room, but he's defining himself emotionally, and he's defining himself by identity apart from biological reality. Um, so that is where he's at. Um, I wonder, Cathy, in your case, um, are you able to relate to him or is he still in communication with you, or may I ask that? I don't know, Cathy. No.
S10: None of them are actually communicating with us. But I actually became very good friends with my his mother.
S7: Okay.
S10: And so it is, you know, it's very difficult. Not only is he now declaring non-binary, but so is our ten year old grandson. His their oldest child. Oh.
S7: Okay.
S10: We are. I know it's, um. We we do not have any. We haven't seen them for at least five years. And, um. But the Lord in his grace. You know, I just keep trying to learn as much as I can. I don't have any intention of, you know, like my husband says, we want to be respectful, compassionate, but we want to stand firm on the word. And both my daughter and my son in law were raised. They declared they committed to Christ. And then somewhere along the line, and we don't know how. You know, Satan got a foothold and this is where we are.
S1: Yeah.
S7: Okay. Well, thank you so much, Cathy. Um, here are a couple of ideas. One is people are first and foremost often influenced in this pathway by either their peers who are embracing that ideology or through social media or through apps, TikTok, you name it, influencers online. So that's kind of where it's happening. And you can see that same influence going from father to son. He's still biologically a male, and he's influencing his male, uh, son to, um, embrace that too. It is natural for a son to want to imitate a father. And so this is unfortunately impacting the next generation, even though it may or may not be an issue that this child actually deals with. Um, so the question would be, um, how did you come about believing that you were neither male nor female? And how could you be neither male nor female if you produced a son? Um, uh, if you because we're actually oriented around our biology, that enables us to contribute either sperm or egg to the equation along with the other parts of the, you know, the uterus, etc., that that sustain and nurture life. Um, and that's a huge blessing from the hand of God. So, um, a person who embraces non-binary is actually running from the biological reality, scientific reality, the physical material reality of our existence and the one who made it. Now, there could be reasons why the person is running from God, essentially, and reality itself. Um, it could be for praise in this world. Because if let me tell you, if you're in school and some very liberal area in this country like Washington, Oregon, California, Massachusetts, you name it. If you're there and you're in school and you say, I'm heterosexual, for example, as a youth you're going to be called, um, uh, a victimizer. You're the bad guy, especially if you're a white male. Um, and so a lot of people are choosing a different label to put on themselves just so they won't be harassed in school. Unfortunately, that's a bad idea, of course. Uh, but nonetheless, that's happening as well. That probably is not the case with your son in law, but who he's hanging around with does have an influence, and Scripture points to that as well. Um, and this is serious consequences if a person goes through surgeries because of a result of this, um, non-binary identity or goes through medical treatments, the amount of, um, mental health issues that the person encounters increases exponentially. The largest research study that was done on people who have experienced surgeries to align with what their mental idea of who they are sexually is that there is a very, very high suicide rate of completed suicide, not just a suicide attempt. Males that take female hormones are much more likely to have hospitalization after a suicide attempt than any other measure of suicidality as well. So it's it's this is a dangerous pathway. Mhm. Um, so I want to affirm you that what you're sensing about something being off is really important. Um, affirming the unreality of what they're experiencing. This individual or other individuals, both the grandson and son in law doesn't help them. Um, compassion helps them, but truth also helps them. And so they might buck against that. There are ways to keep a relationship, and I just want to let you know that some family members, like you're experiencing experience estrangement because you don't agree with the the ideology that your loved one, the ones that you reared are walking through and they cut you off. And so Gretchen Stockman during the Hope conference, is actually going to cover that. She's been estranged from a couple of her kids, one a gay son and one who identifies as trans. And so, um, she has been not compromising her faith, but also working towards reconciliation at the same time. And it's actually a beautiful story. So if you're able to come, there might be some incredible insights for you there. Another one that will be covered is Doctor Julie Hamilton, who is an expert, uh, licensed therapist as well. She has her PhD counseling. Gender dysphoric youth will be her topic. So with the grandson, this might be really relevant. Um, just just a thought. Um, I won't be able to give you much more detail on a on a quick radio interview here, but those things would be good follow up for you.
S1: Cathy. This would be a good place for me to say again, restored Hope network, you're going to see an events tab. Click that on and then you'll see a reference to Hope conference. Click that on and it'll walk you through the steps on how you can be a part of the virtual conference. You don't have to go anywhere. You can watch this right through your screen at home Friday and Saturday. And and I think it was brilliant that you told us yet again about more of the speakers that are going to be there. It is a wide variety of topics, all of them biblio centric, and I cannot underscore that enough. And it'll offer a lot of help as well. So Cathy, thank you so much for being with us, Anna in Pennsylvania. Thanks for being here. Your question please.
S11: Yes. Um, thank you for having me. Um, how how do you explain to your child that's been raised in, you know, in the Christian faith that, you know, the word, um, homosexuality is a mistranslation in the Bible, that it doesn't mean what? It's that that's not what it really meant.
S1: Yeah. This is a new angle. This is a new thing that's happening. Going back to what is it, the documentary, I think it was 1946 or something. It's a mistranslation. And it's all it's propaganda. It is. There's that's a wonderful thing. When all else fails, read the instructions from Genesis to Revelation. There's zero ambiguity on this. It's torturous to try to think that, oh, no, no, they meant, uh, they were sexually immoral homosexuals, you know, they weren't being monogamously faithful. No, they were just talking about temple. I mean, every iteration under the sun, God makes it perfectly clear. Now, I took the air out of the room on that response. And so forgive me, when we come back, you answer, please, Anna's question, but I just want to encourage you, Anna. Just because I listen to the chatter in the marketplace, what you're having told to you that it was a mistranslation. This is a new part of the toolbox of propaganda that somehow this the whole argument hinges on a mistranslation of the word. But here's what the good part of that is. They're still understanding that it's the word that's the encumbrance to absolute, total licentiousness. What is it about the word that makes people stop and say, but, but okay, I can't just go full bore because there's something in that book that says something, but I don't know, maybe they mistranslated it. So be encouraged, because that's just part of the enemy's toolbox. You're going to hear Ann's response right after this. And Edward is with us, executive director of restored Hope network. And boy, this weekend, Friday and Saturday they have a fabulous conference. Virtual conference. Friday the 20th. Saturday the 21st. I got a link for you to be able to sign up anywhere on planet Earth, and you can be a part of this. And what you're going to hear is a lot of what Anne has been saying, and answers to your questions only by a panoply of different speakers with areas of expertise. So please, if this is a real and present issue in your family, it would so be a great use of your time to be able to get these answers from people who are expert, qualified personal testimonies themselves. Now back to Anna because Anna is hearing from one of her own babies this bit of propaganda that the problem hinges not on what God said. The problem hinges on man's fallibility and a mistranslation in the Scripture. And your response?
S7: Well, I'll tell you, I've heard this argument many times before. Um, what they don't realize is that the word homosexuality, though it didn't exist until, uh, it came out of Europe and didn't exist until recently. Uh, the original all material in Greek and in Hebrew existed preexisted that many times over.
S1: That's exactly.
S7: Right. And if you look at the actual meaning of the words in Hebrew and Greek, which you can do easily these days, um, through Biblehub.com, Biblegateway, you name it, um, go get a literal translation, uh, Vine's dictionary, you name it, you can, you can look at all those things. But, um, Leviticus 1822 says, you shall not lie with a male as with a woman. So that's pretty clear in Hebrew. It's I cannot pronounce any of those words, but it literally says, you shall not lie. Uh. Lie down. Uh, Quentin is the word in Greek. Uh, means to bed someone. As a woman, you shall not bed a male as with a female. And so that's referring to sexuality. It is not. There's no constriction on that as far as abuse of minors or abuse of slaves or anything else, it had nothing to do with that. If you look at the context of the Scripture, so context is really important there, avoiding the context. And if you simply look at Romans one, you will see a lot of detail there to malakoi as being, uh, and um, arsenokoitai, which is something that Paul came up with as a result of the Levitical prohibitions, where God says that is a that's an abomination in his mind. That is, that is a serious, uh, uh, stepping off into sin, veering away from his design with our bodies. And truly it is. But Romans one, we'll talk about that, too, if you simply go back to the Greek or the Hebrew, it says exactly the same thing. We simply came up with a term later on in time that was homosexuality that we've come to. To understand is that phrase, which means somebody who has sex with somebody of the same sex. So a male or a female, it doesn't identify anywhere in Scripture. A person who is identified by a third dynamic, or a fourth or a 78th like Facebook offers you. Quite honestly, and I don't mean to make light of these things. These are really important because the sexuality and gender goes down to the core of a human being.
S1: Yes, mam.
S7: But we honestly must evaluate who we are by not just the body parts, but the DNA. That's part of every cell in the human body. If we treat a human being who's a female like a male, a female body embodied person who which means that's a female. If we treat them as if they are because they identify as male, we give them male medicines, medicines, we do hormone blockers, we give them opposite sex hormones. We go through surgical processes. If you do that, you will increase testosterone in the body, which will elevate the the blood development. You'll have more red blood cells, which can lead to with a circulatory system that's not built for that. And what can happen is a more likely situation where a person can have a stroke or a heart attack, because clotting happens more frequently in a body that has more red blood cells. Okay. Or other blood particles. And so you've got you've got problems right there. Forget about the mental health issues, but mental health issues are a big deal. It's no surprise to me That when you evaluate who are the violent crime people, it's usually male. So if you fill a female body with a bunch of male testosterone, that's at a really high level. The only kind of level that in a female body it would be present would be a some kind of really horrible cancer. Um, if that's the case, and you fill someone with that much testosterone, it's no surprise to me that a female who identifies as a male is the one who was out there shooting. Testosterone and outward violence tend to go along. Thank goodness men know how to control that testosterone, and they learn through puberty how to be in control of their bodies instead of their bodies being in control of them. And with good leadership, that can especially happen if you take a male body, a person who's in a male physical body, that means a male person, and you fill that person with female hormones, surgeries, blockers of male testosterone, you will get someone who looks like a female, potentially just like in the other scenario, but they will actually be having way too high of estrogen in their body. And that can lead to severe mental health issues. Like I mentioned before, which is that person is more likely to be suicidal with a serious compulsion to take their lives. And the research that was done in Sweden found that people were 41%, 19 times higher than the regular population to try and take their lives after surgery. They also had research in the last couple of years that looked at how likely is a person going to need psychological drugs, psychiatric drugs, and it increases hugely after they begin this process. So there's instability. That's not a good idea.
S1: Wow. Wow. And there's. There's so much more we can talk about. And many more people online to talk to you. I wish I had another hour. Let's do this again real soon. But in the meantime, I want to take the last couple of seconds here and promote the conference. It's called washed. It's the hope 2025. Remember, it's the restored Hope network. So it's the Hope 2025 conference. And if you go to restored Hope network Dot, at the top you'll see a tab that says events. Click that on and then you'll get reference to the Hope conference. Click on through and you can sign up. And again it's virtual. You don't have to travel anywhere. You can watch it right through whatever screen you're going to sign up and use. And again it's Friday and Saturday. And even if it starts at 9:00 mountain time on Friday, but if you're saying, well, that's the middle of a workday, don't worry about it. When you sign up for this conference, you're going to get six months of an opportunity to be able to hear all of the speakers. So check it out because your questions are going to be answered at this conference. Lord bless you and thank you, friends. We'll see you next time.