S1: He wants us to know that whatever is bigger than us, he's bigger than it. I'm so glad I've got a God who's bigger than what's bigger than I am.
S2: Welcome to Treasure Truth with pastor and author James Ford, junior senior pastor of Christ Bible Church in Chicago. I'm Steve Heller. Glad you're with us as we continue a message. Have no fear. God is here. And pastor, sometimes life throws something at us that does seem absolutely overwhelming. I mean, we feel like we're absolutely crushed. Destroyed? No way out of this. But when we cling to the fact that we have a God who is bigger than everything, it makes all the difference in the world, doesn't it?
S3: Amen. You know, Steve, here's here's how I assess my problems and situations. I assess them in the light of what God has to say about them. I think that's very important.
S2: What do you mean by that?
S3: Well, I go to the word, for example. Do you know there are 365 fear nots in the Bible? Now, I didn't count them, but I think it was David Jeremiah that counted them. And that's one for every day of the year. So whenever fear comes on me, then I have to see what God says about fear. And whenever I'm hit with worry or anxiety or any of the tumultuous emotions of life. Now, I'm not saying that every time, no. But most of the time, the Word of God acts as a balm and calms. My heart begins to get me to focus on what God has promised. As opposed to the pain I'm going through. Yeah. Now, that doesn't minimize the pain. It doesn't mean I like what's going on. It doesn't mean that I'm accepting what's going on. I could be fighting against it with every part of my being. But there's something about the Word of God. Faith comes by hearing. Hearing by the Word of God. Now, that's not just the word Lagos there in Romans ten. That's the word rhema. And so a rhema is a specific word for a specific purpose or problem. So it literally means the word that fits. And so that's what I do. I try to find a word that fits. And then I begin to soak that word in. And most of the time it changes my outlook my perspective changes. But then my perception changes because my perspective, how I see it now, begins to color my perception, how I understand it, and it changes the whole thing around. And I ask myself the question, you know, not God. Why me but God? Why not me and not why now? Why not now? And God is able to do whatever he's trying to do in your life. We just have to yield and let him do it.
S2: It's a powerful reminder as we begin today's broadcast, and we're going to continue to look at this topic from Isaiah chapter 43. So join us there as Pastor Ford continues the message. Have no fear. God is here.
S3: Forest fires are devastating, uh, in any nation. As a matter of fact, across the world, forest fires devastate and destroy everything that's in their path. As a matter of fact, if we took one state, just the state of California, uh, last year, uh, they had approximately 5000 wildfires, which led to the destruction of 164,000 Acres of land. Thousands of homes were destroyed and burned. Tens of thousands of God's creatures were burnt up and left without shelter. Uh, tons and tons of forests were burnt up. 32 people last year lost their lives in these wildfires. Yet there is one thing that was not adversely affected by the wildfire, but actually flourished and thrived. Not in spite of it, but because of it. It's called a lodgepole pine cone. Come on, say it with me. Lodgepole pine cone. This pine cone has within it seeds of life potential that has been put.
S1: In it by God.
S3: But there's, there's there's something that he also did. Because while everything is green and plush and lush in the forest. Those cones will remain the same, and the potential of the seed that's in it will never be released. You want to know why? Come on, ask me why. Because it's only released. They will only open up when they have gone through intense heat. So then what that means is that while everything is beautiful and peaceful, their potential stays locked up within them. But as soon as there there's a forest fire, they fall from the tree. They open up because the heat opens them up, releases the seed on the inside. And get this, you won't believe this. That the ashes that are left from the devastation are actually utilized by the seed to grow quicker Than it would in normal soil. So that Google told me that within 1 to 4 days it opens up and you see the blossom. Wow. Wait. Look at somebody and say, lodgepole pine cone. Yeah, because you gotta understand that God has invested in you great potential. You have Christ in you, the Holy Ghost in you. You have the gift of God in you. You have unlimited potential that is untapped. And as long as everything is going smoothly and everything is blossoming and beautiful, you will not release the seeds of possibility and potential that God has in you. But oh, he lets the fire come because the fire causes you to open up. It causes you to release the seeds of the possibilities that God has given to you, and you grow and bloom in the ashes of the devastation of your hurt, of the hate that was on you, of the things that tested you and tried you. Don't you understand that sometimes God allows you and I to go through the fire, because it's the only way that that potential is going to be released. And many of us don't understand God's taking us through the fire so that we can blossom. I can't tell somebody there's something inside of you that will never come out of you until you go through the fire. Oh, I know what I'm talking about. There's greatness in you. But it's going to take the fire to bring it out. There's a book inside of you, a bestseller, but it's not going to come out until you go through the fire. There's a degree inside of you, but it's going to take the fire to bring it out. There's a political career inside of you, but it's going to take the fire to bring it out. There's an invention inside of you, but it's going to take the fire to bring it out of you. There's faithfulness inside of you, but it's going to take the fire to bring it out. I'm preaching better than you. Amen. There's a powerful ministry inside of you. But it's going to take the fire to bring it out. There's integrity inside of you, but it's going to take the fire to bring it out. And I might as well tell the truth to some of y'all in here. There's demons in you, but it's going to take the fire. Come on. Let's have some who really believe God say, bring the fire. Mm. Yeah. You know what's wrong? You're not living up to who God made you. You're living beneath your privileges. Don't you know who you are? You're a king's kid. You're the head and not the tail. You are somebody. Stop living like you're a welfare person spiritually. You're a king's kid. God says I gotta bring it out of you. So I gotta let you go through the fire. Oh, not everybody, but some of you right now. Thing you're going through right now. God told me to come and encourage somebody. Yeah, it'll be over. Yeah, but not until he brings it out. Yeah, he gotta bring it out. Yeah, the fire is going to bring it out. We say. Yeah. You're not living up to who God made you. You got a GED. Focus. But you got PhD possibilities. Yeah, you got a hooptie actions, but you got Mercedes Benz. Faith. Yeah, you display low expectations, but God said he's giving you high hopes. I came to talk to a few folk today who are in a forest fire. And I want to tell you that God got something he's trying to bring out of you.
S2: Maybe you identify with that today. You're listening to a message called have no fear. God is here. It's from Pastor James Ford Jr, and we're glad you've tuned in to treasure truth. If you want to find out more about Pastor Ford or this program, I hope you'll come to our website. It's Treasure Truth radio.org. There you can not only find out more about Pastor Ford, but you can see all the books that he's written by clicking on the books by Pastor Ford link. You can see all the titles that are available as a paperback or an e-book format, and if you ever miss a broadcast, you can always listen to each and every program online. Just come to Treasure Truth radio.org. There you can download MP3's, you can stream the program for free, or you can even order copies of this broadcast on CD. Again, our website is Treasure Truth radio.com. Well, if you joined us a little late, we're in Isaiah chapter 43. So join us there as we continue the message.
S3: Now, you know, uh, that they are in this fire because they struck the match and dropped it. And there was a conflagration. The children of Israel in Isaiah 43, uh, they're talking about the Babylonian captivity, and they're saying, oh, God, why us? And God saying, no, you did this. And there's some people in here, you're in a fire. You didn't start it, but there's some in here. Don't look around now, who the fire you're in is because you started it. Mhm. Yeah. You're the one who couldn't wait for Mr. right and settle for Mr.. Right now. Uh, yeah. You're the one who said, oh, I know she's Miss Right, but you didn't know her first name was always. Yeah. You're the your it was your hand that held the crack pipe. It was your hand that held the joint. It was your hand that had the 40. The blunt, the cavalier, the crystal. It was your hand, not God's. Yeah. You ran the credit cards up to the limit. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I tell you all the time, God's name is not on one of those credit card slips that was signed. Yeah, you got baby mama drama, baby daddy drama. Because you're the one who did what you did. But yet God sent me to tell somebody today. If you had a setback and you took a step back, don't you dare turn back because God wants to give you a glorious comeback. Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah, I said something. I got to say that again. Uh, that was good, Pastor Ford. Yeah. I said if you had a setback, don't take a step back. Don't you turn back because God's about to give you a glorious comeback. The fire is going to bring out your potential. Now here's what he said. Here's what he said. Now, while you're going through this and the fire's raging, you're going to fall from the tree. You're going to open up because you can't do nothing else when the heat comes. But the seed is going to come out. And in the ashes of the destruction that lays all around you, you're going to see something green start to grow up and blossom and become something that you never were before and never could be until the fire came. Amen. Amen. So God told him. God told him. God told him. He said, listen, here's all I want you to do. Have no fear because I'm here. That's it. That's all he promises. He didn't say he's going to be over. He didn't say when. He didn't say how. He just said, hold on to God's unchanging hand. And I promise you, you're going to look totally different. The fire is not to burn you. It's to build you. Amen. Yeah. And so then we've already seen verse one tells us, God says, listen, here it is. Number one, you don't have to have any fear because you're the property of God. Verse one he says, you're my property. You're my property. I'm not going to go too far back. But I remember growing up in a small family of ten, nine boys, one tomboy, and I was the oldest. Now, let me tell you what that meant for me. That meant it was before Pampers. Which means there were cloth diapers. And so, since I was the oldest, my mama would say, get that diaper off of him and clean him. And mama used to have me doing all that kind of stuff, and I used to. I used to say to her, well, I gotta cook, why I gotta clean, why I gotta learn how to sew. I'm a man and she say you're a boy. But let me tell you something, boy. You don't know who you're going to marry. So you better know how to do everything for yourself. So when you leave this house, I'm going to teach you how to do everything. Because you don't know what kind of woman you going to get. Now, I got a good woman who does all that. But my woman got sick for 23 years, and for 23 years. I said, thank God. Mama taught me how to cook. Thank God mama taught me how to sew. Thank God mama taught me how to take care of the house. Thank God mama taught me how to clean, how to do all thank God. But because I had to do that all the time, I used to feel like I was adopted. And I would say, I say to her, am I adopted? She said, who in their right mind would adopt somebody like you? And my nickname was she calls me is sunny and she would say this I don't call you sunny because you shine. I call you sunny because you're mine. Man, I love that. And whenever I would feel like I was adopted because of all the work I was doing as the oldest, I say, say that to me, mama. Say that to she. Say I don't call you sunny because you shine. I call you sunny because you're mine. You know what I learned? I learned that he's telling them in verse one I don't call you saint because you shine. I call you saint because you're mine. That there are some things that God is telling us that he wants us to know. I don't care how far you think you can go. You can never get away from me. Because the farther you go, every time you look down, you know what you're going to find. Underneath are the everlasting arms. Oh, I thought more than 3 or 4 people would shout about that. I thought somebody would stand to their feet and say, thank you, Jesus. I thought somebody would holler up and say, I love you, Lord. I thought somebody would say, yeah, that's what I'm talking about. Okay, now I feel like I'm in a real church. Yeah. And so then he said, uh, you're my property. Then notice, secondly, not only because we're his property, but he said in verse two, he said, because of my protection of you, that that I look at verse two, when you pass through the fire, I will be there. When you when you pass through the waters, I will be with you. Notice what he says. You're going to go through it. Say when, not if. And notice what I said earlier. He don't promise you're going to get out. He don't promise it's going to be easy. He don't promise you're going to like it. He don't promise that it ain't going to be painful. He just promised one thing. You'll go into the water and you going to get wet, but you ain't going to drown. And you go into the fire and you will not be burned. Maybe you're going through the fire because God is trying to burn the earthly empire off of you, so that you'll focus on the heavenly empire. Maybe it's because you got the wrong power. Maybe you got the power on TV 32 instead of the power of the Holy Spirit. Maybe it's because he's trying to keep you from a scandal. Come on, man. I thought I'd throw a little TV in there, get somebody mad at me. He talk about Empire scam? I don't know, he talking about. That's my show. Let's move on, he said. Because you're the property of God. Because you're the preservation of God. Number three, verse three. Listen to what it says. He says, for I am the Lord thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Savior. Stop! He says, the third reason that you don't have to have any fear is because of the person of God. He identifies himself. Why? He wants us to know that whatever is bigger than us, he's bigger than it. I'm so glad I've got a God who's bigger than what's bigger than I am. And so what does he do? Hey, look at this, look at this, look at this, look at this. Verse one. God is able. Verse two God is available. Verse three God is awesome. You know what he's telling us? Verse one he's powerful. Verse two, he's present. Verse three, he's perfect. I told you this before, but Imma repeat it because I do use Google a lot. And and a couple days ago my Google went out and I was I was calling everybody I can't get my Google back on. I can't get my Google on because I get a lot of information from Google. I just call them my phone. They say, what about Google it? And so my administrative assistant said, okay, we're going to teach you how to do this computer thing and get it together. You got to start doing your own stuff. So I started doing my own stuff. I wish I was like Brother Garland. He does all his own stuff on the computer, puts his PowerPoint together, everything. I can't do none of that yet, doc. And so I'm trying it. So I wanted to do a series called God Is Able, and I knew there was about 8 or 9 of them, but I said, there's gotta be more than what I know. And so I put punched in God is able and it said no reference is found. I said, that's what I'm talking about. I called up my administrator. I said, this thing is stupid. I said, I know at least 4 or 5 of them. You know, God is able, you know, uh, but God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all, you know, and it didn't even pull up anything she said to me without missing a beat. Did you capitalize the G? I looked and it was a small G, and lo and behold, the stupid computer became a smart one, and the smart pastor became stupid because the computer was saying to me, I do not recognize a God who is able with a small G. What you gotta do is capitalize God. And once you capitalize God, then all the references came through. There were 30 something references, but God. And I said, oh, I wonder, is the assembly like me walking around with a small G. And you need to change from a lowercase g to a uppercase G so that you can get some references, because God won't answer when you make him too small. I'm in Bible territory, and now unto him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that you could ask or think, according to the mighty working power in us.
S2: A difficult place to pause in today's message from Pastor Ford. He's really given us a lot to think about. Are we honoring God and trusting his power, or have we given in to fear? You're listening to Treasure Truth, and for a copy of today's program, you can look for the title Have No Fear. God is Here. Just come to our website treasure truth Radio.com. You know, pastor, there are all sorts of voices in culture that are bombarding us with messages that are so contrary to God's Word and to what Scripture says. And I think one of the reasons that listeners may want to consider giving a gift to support is that Moody Radio and Treasure Truth can help us stand firm.
S3: Amen. Because Moody Network will give us the gospel straight, no chaser. And we don't want to mix anything with the Word of God, because if you dilute it, you pollute it. And you know, Steve, I went on an all fruit diet and I gained weight and I couldn't understand what happened. I mean, you know, all I had was apple pie, peach cobbler. You know, you see where you're going here.
S2: You get where I'm going.
S3: Yeah. That everything I added to it polluted it and took away its nutritional value. That's what's happening with the word of God today. Hey, Moody encourages all of us not to be politically correct, but to be biblically correct.
S2: Well, you can help us do that to to share the truth of God's Word with those who will come across this program and across Moody Radio by giving a gift. Come to Treasure Truth Radio and click on the donate button. Thanks for doing that and for listening today. Thanks to our producers, Amy Rios and Ryan McConaughey. For Pastor Ford, I'm Steve Hiller. Treasure truth is a production of Moody Radio, a ministry of Moody Bible Institute.