S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: It's a Freedom Friday, and I want to come out of the gate hot this morning. I need you to listen and interact with these truths today. Is it a proper motivation to get squared with God out of fear of being left behind when he comes? The answer is yes. This is why Jesus warns of this over and over again. And I'm just want to pull off the kid gloves and just lay it down here today. I want us to consider the time in which we live, where we're at. What's going on? Where are we now? Where are we in the course of history? We know that the prophecy is that knowledge is going to increase exponentially before the return of Christ, with the advent of AI. vie. We are there. I want to give you five things that I, experts predict are going to transform our lives in the next five years. Autonomous vehicles and transportation. I'm going to be bold with you. I don't even think you need to run out and get a self-driving car or anything like that right now, even though they're everywhere, because prognosticators say there is going to be a at ready call system to get shuttled wherever you need to go. Are there some good things about AI? Yeah. Road rage is going to be absolutely throttled. Accidents are going to go down exponentially. You might say, well, is AI smart? Yes. AI smart enough. It's proven over and over again. There's data points on this to prove that accidents will go down. If you have an insurance company that insures ensures cars you might want to get diversified. AI powered assistants are going to be everywhere. Smart homes and integration of smart technology. Optimize appliance usage. Enhance home security. Predict energy levels. Even predict the kind of needs that you have for living and devices that you're going to need that are going to adapt to your lifestyle. It's everywhere. Healthcare revolution AI diagnostics I'm already using this. Six months ago, my son asked for all my blood work from a physical that I have and he said, hang on, get right back to you. Five minutes later, he sent me a complete overview of every blood draw, every aspect of my data.
S3: What? That's crazy. That is far crazy.
S2: It was far beyond the diagnostics that my general practitioner could give me.
S3: Wow.
S2: And no knock on her at all.
S4: No, no, of course not.
S2: But a AI generated content that. First off, I got an A plus health rating for my age.
S3: Very nice. Praise God.
S2: But it also gave me two growth areas that I could shape up that I'd venture to say just a handful of docs, and it would take them a long time to do a deep dive on it could prescribe AI driven work and automation. Oh my goodness, the industry is going to be in upheaval. New industries, job categories. But concerns are already being raised about job displacement and they are currently grappling what's going to happen with AI when it displaces as it's doing now attorneys, accountants, code writers. So what do we do when we look to the future? There's one thing that's paramount here. I don't know when the Lord is coming. This is what we find in Matthew 24. But concerning the day or hour, no one knows. Not even the angels in heaven, nor the son, but the father only. For as were the days of Noah, that's a great indication. So will the coming of the Son of Man be. Wow! It's going to be coming. Coming. And then boom, he's going to come. And my concern for the vast majority of people listening here is that we are a group of people that is made up of. Those of you and me who have a God consciousness and awareness that God is real, that Jesus is who he said he was. And yet is it possible to ascend to those things and not be ready when he comes back. Yes. And I'm going to keep it right here because I got to talk to you about this. We talk a lot about the illusion of salvation, especially out of Matthew seven. Many will say to me on that day, Lord, Lord. But the context of Matthew 24 goes right into Matthew 25, and the words of Jesus are profound. He tells the story of ten virgins. Very interesting story, and there are five that are ready for his return. Oil is in the lamp. Five are not ready and are left behind unprepared. How? They don't have oil of salvation in their soul. They're dressed up with no place to go. I spent the last two hours Just doubling down, going over every aspect of this parable. And I want to tell you with absolute confidence in the authority of Scripture. There will be vast numbers of people, many, Jesus said, who have an illusion of salvation. And I want you to know today you can't play games with your spiritual life. You can't play games any longer, friend. Now, the assurance of salvation that we have is profound, because the oil of the filling of the Holy Spirit is real and confirms, yes, I'm a child of God. Your preparation might be to get right with God so that he says, well done, good and faithful servant. As a matter of fact, that's what we find in one of the very next parables right after the parable of the Ten Virgins is a parable of the talents, and the direct application is those that aren't fearful at his return, but those that are joyful at his return. Some of you have joy at his return because you know you have a relationship with Jesus. Some of you are dressed up with no place to go. Straight up honesty, and it'd be malpractice for me to not tell you that. It's Jesus's words, not mine. So who are you? And is fear a proper motivation to get right with God? It is my friend. Some of you, by the power of the Holy Spirit and the genuine fear for which this fear in getting freedom from is the greatest freedom. A fear of being left behind when Jesus comes Is all the motivation the Holy Spirit needs to convict you of sin today and tell you, stop being dressed up with no place to go. We don't know the day or the hour. But it is definitive. Let me just read to you from the Moody Bible Commentary. The phrase those who were ready reveals the main point of the parable, namely that here readiness is preparedness. Before he returns, one cannot leave. Getting ready. End quote. To the last minute. If one seeks to get ready while he is coming, it is too late. The coming of the Lord in the rapture and the start of the day of the Lord will be completely unexpected. And unless one is prepared before that time, he will face the hardship of tribulation and judgment. That's hard, isn't it? But isn't it?
S5: Loving it is, he tells us, and he gives us plenty of time to to hear it and grapple with that truth.
S2: Today is the day, my friend. I'm asking you, have you ever truly surrendered your life to Jesus Christ and let the oil of the spirit fill your lamp? There's a lot of questions about what the oil specifically refers to, but it's it's very clear that it indicates whether or not the life of Jesus has filled your life, or if you're running on empty, dressed up with no place to go. Today is the day of salvation. Today is the day of salvation. And today is the day when you need to surrender your life to Jesus. And if the Spirit of God is calling you, please surrender your life to Jesus today. Please don't wait. Don't let the pride of spiritual pretense hold you back from the coming of Christ. Don't allow thinking I can get ready down the road. Keep you from abundant life in Christ Jesus. Don't live with fear any longer about whether you will be found in Christ when he comes. Today is the day. How? All pretense aside, you surrender your life completely and totally to the Son of God. You repent. You go God's way. If your heart is troubled This morning, Jesus prescribed the answer in John 14 let not your heart be troubled. Believe in God. Believe also in me. I'm going to prepare a place for you, and I will come again. Thomas said, what's the way? How do we know where you go? He said, I am the way and the truth and the life. The only way to go. Jesus way when he comes is to repent of your sins. Today, turn around and follow Jesus and understand you are not the ruler of your destiny. Jesus must be. Joy will fill your life. Must I repent, Carl? Yeah. To be born again, you must repent. It's embracing the truth that you are a sinner and you need a Savior. And his name is Jesus Christ. Today, I'm asking you to surrender your life to Jesus. Every bit of your soul. To Jesus. All you need courage. You've got to admit, for many of you that you've been dressed up with no place to go. And that's admitting to yourself and others. I've been dressed up with no place to go. Doesn't matter. What matters most is where you stand with God. And if the oil of your soul is filled with the Holy Spirit. Are you repenting today? Are you acknowledging you need a Savior? For the first time in your life, are you fully surrendering your life to Jesus? Is fear of being left behind when Jesus comes for his kids? Proper motivation to surrender to Jesus. It's a good starting point, and from there God will fill you up with joy and expectation and life. So do you acknowledge today by a cry of your soul, a cry of faith? Jesus, I'm a sinner, man. I need a savior. I've been dressed up but no place to go. God, I hear your voice. And today I repent I turn around, I'm leaving the broad path of spiritual performance. And I'm turning around to follow Jesus, the one who can fill my life and make me new. I never could do it. Today I surrender all to Jesus. If this is the cry of your soul today, today, count the cost. Don't be fake. Don't be half measured. But if today is the day of salvation for you, praise God. What a great joy and I want to help you today. Text the word new. Right now. I'm going to send you a link and some of you might have heard about this link before, but never have you seen your need for Jesus. Like this morning. Text the word new to 800 555 7898. Text the word new right now to 800 555 7898. I'll just shout out the last four numbers of your telephone number just to say, I see that you see that Jesus has been speaking to you today, and that God loves you, and he's calling you out of darkness into the light. Just text the word new right now. I'm going to send you a link that's going to have three embedded links. Use every one of them just to glance through as we help you take your first steps with Jesus Christ, just text the word new right now to 800 555 7898. Today is your day of salvation. Today is your day. Went a little longer here than usual. But I thank you for listening. Text new to 805 55 7898.
S1: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's curl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Praising God for those of you that by the power of the Holy Spirit are saying, I give it all to Jesus today. Just a quick shout out. 74, 64, 47 3617 01941627. I got another number here. 1925 022605022462 and 9657. Welcome to God's family. If you are surrendering your life to Jesus today and you surrender all acknowledging Jesus as the Savior of your life, Turning away from even the sin of being dressed up with no place to go. Hoping that you will be ready. It is coming and today you are repenting. You will be ready. Your lamp will be filled to overflowing. Your light will be lit and never go out until the coming of Christ. Welcome to the family. Coming up in a few minutes on this Freedom Friday, I've got a question for you. Did the fear of being left behind when God comes? Was that the impetus for you surrendering your life to Christ? Today I want one testimony right now. Is that you? 805 55, 78, 98 was the fear of the coming of Christ and you being left behind what God used to call you out of darkness into his wonderful light? Give me a call right now. If that's you. I need one 800 555 Five, 78, 98.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire and everything is Greek to her. Super die is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: One simple question. Did the fear of being left behind cause you? As I've been texting back and forth here. This is so cool. Did it cause you to say, oh, God. And then that fear was what God used to regenerate your soul as you surrendered your life to Jesus. And then it changed everything. Carmen, first time caller from Cleveland, Ohio. Thank you, Carmen, for calling in. What's your story?
S6: Yeah, I was living same sex lifestyle for like 30 plus years. And then one night I heard an online young lady, Charity Israel, and she said, hey, I'm kind of stammering here, but it's okay.
S3: It's okay.
S6: Totally transformed Formed my life. Snatched me out of that darkness. Revealed where I was wrong. Um, living that lifestyle. And the Lord is a redeemer. He redeemed my past. He healed my trauma. And he reunited me with my current husband, who I just met briefly in the military, um, 30 some years ago. And, yeah. Carl.
S3: He smashed me.
S2: Carmen.
S3: It's real.
S6: And I did not want to be left behind. I was like, before, I was thinking, well, if I'm wrong and if I die, he'll let me know I was wrong. When I'm in front of him. But he let me know way before.
S3: Beautiful. Carmen. What a story.
S2: What a story to anyone that questions Carmen. If God can reorder what we feel like. Is life spent down the wrong avenue? What do you say to him?
S6: Yeah. Allow him to heal, to redeem, to restore, and to welcome you into his family.
S2: Carmen, I love you. Sister, give your husband Carl. Give me a. Give your husband a big old bear hug for me, would you?
S7: I sure will. We love you.
S2: We love you. Carmen. First time caller from Cleveland, Ohio. Boom!
S5: What a story.
S2: Boom!
S4: That was so great.
S1: He was running from God, but God's love brought him home. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: The unbelievable reality is that what we see as important and valuable on earth will go poof when the Lord returns. Unless our heart is filled with the oil of the Holy Spirit that seals us in Christ Jesus until the day of his coming. That changes everything. You know my thought and what's on my heart here is that the parable of the Ten virgins almost has a dual application. It causes those that are dressed up with no place to go, because there were five that appeared to be ready, but they weren't. It's fascinating, by the way, that Jesus paints that picture. Five dressed up. No place to go. Why? Because the unseen things matter most. The oil of salvation was not there. And there wasn't time to get ready. Because there will be a time that Jesus returns and we don't know when that is. I do believe it's near, but being ready is vitally important. And it's an awesome mercy that Jesus gave us these stories, parables to illustrate what salvation was all about. Many surrendering to Christ today can fear of being left behind when Jesus comes. Be an impetus, proper one for salvation. Yeah, it can start there. But here's the beauty. It doesn't end there. You don't live with fear, with full surrender to Jesus. He changes everything about you and then hope springs up. It's an amazing thing. And so the other application point here is that those who have their lamps filled are dressed up, buttoned up, not in our strength, but in the power of the spirit. Ready to hear, well done, good and faithful servant. What's that mean? Investing our lives, giving ourselves away, surrendering all that we are to Jesus. Knowing that if we've got Jesus, we got everything we need. I'm asking you, in light of the fact that we don't know when the coming of Christ is, will you live ready today as a disciple of Christ? Live ready friend.
S1: A basketball mom who's mastered the dad joke. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: We got a fireball from the other side of the pond. Simon Guilbeau. This guy boy has God using him. In fact, I got a dear friend that I've known for a lot of years who's a good friend of this cool dude coming in here in just a moment. But I want to set it up. He says. This is a guy that can stir the pot, and I'm like, this is what we need. You don't want the pot to be still. We got to think not for the purpose of disruption, for the purpose of experiencing the power and the goodness of God. Simon Guilbeau actually has a podcast that is the second most listened to podcast in all of the UK. Simon, how did that happen?
S8: Well, I spent 20 years living in a war zone in Central Africa and seeing lots of very depressing, grim things, but also some absolutely amazing things. And I think we spend too much time listening to the bad stuff and we need to be inspired by the incredible good stuff. I mean, through our ministry, we've probably seen about 100,000 people come to Jesus just in the last 12 months. So there's lots of good news. Which witch doctors bowing the knee, demons being cast out, people being healed. I've got loads of stories.
S2: Oh, well, give us one. And we've been talking today about freedom from this illusion of salvation. And it's real. It's not only repeated in Matthew found in Matthew seven, but repeated in the parables, especially the ten virgins and the parable of the talents. We don't want to be people who are dressed up with no place to go. And yet when we're in Christ, that's when the adventure begins. And we can be inspired. Speak to that, Simon.
S8: Well, you know, you mentioned the parable of the ten virgins. I was preaching on the Congolese border while back, and I was, you know, it was it was dangerous, but the sense of urgency was real. And my message was pretty simple. It was, Jesus is coming. Nobody knows when. Are you ready? So that was on a Sunday. I preached that in a refugee camp. Jesus is coming. Nobody knows when. Are you ready? On a Tuesday on my motorbike. I was heading back towards that village. I was stopped at a military checkpoint. They said you cannot proceed any further. There's been an attack on that village and all those people are getting killed. And it struck me like never before that the urgency of the gospel, because just two days before they had heard Jesus is coming. Nobody knows when. Are you ready? And two days later, they were dead. So, you know.
S2: You must have those faces in your mind, right? I mean, they're they're still etched.
S8: Yeah. And when you live in a war zone, the thing is, guys in the States, it's a different war zone. I've been here. I'm over here preaching right now, and I see bombs falling all over the United States. Apathy, distraction. Materialism. And we've just got to recognize what's going on. And, you know, again, you talk about living. Ready. My favorite quote from a guy called Smith Wigglesworth was this. He said live ready. If you have to get ready when the opportunity comes your way, you'll be too late. Opportunity doesn't wait, not even while you pray. You must not have to get ready. You must live ready at all times. And then he says this. Be filled. Be filled with the spirit that is, be soaked with with the spirit. Be so soaked that every thread in the fabric of your life will have received the requisite ray of the spirit. And then when you are misused and squeezed to the wall, all that will ooze out of you will be the very nature of Christ.
S4: Yeah.
S2: Wigglesworth is quite the guy and I love that too. Okay, coming up here in a moment, Simon, here's what I want us. Can you stay on with me a couple of minutes? Yeah. Okay. Coming back here, I want us to talk about this preparedness because there's a lot listening. Many thousands who have experienced freedom in Christ. Genuine freedom. But the constant threat of apathy we know is real. All you got to do is look at the book of revelation, whether it's Church of Laodicea that pushed Jesus out because of their economic wealth, or Ephesus because they lost their first love. How do we get that back? How do we build on this so that what oozes out of us is an overflow of the spirit. More with my guest, Simon Gilbert, coming up.
S1: You're listening to Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: After years in marketing, he's now a banner ad for the good news of Jesus Christ. His name is Simon Gilbert. He's with me right now. And by the way, he has got from time to time it hits number one. But toggles between number one and number two UK Christian podcast. And we're going to have a link for that. All right. Let's revisit where we were here Simon. And then I want to build on this because there is a it's time to be ready. And living ready is one of the most beautiful things. It's not arduous because this is the abundant life that Jesus promised. Am I wrong, Simon?
S8: You are right.
S2: How do we do it, buddy?
S8: Well, you got to understand the grace of God. You've got to be all in. I love telling a story about a girl that I've got a picture of her in my arms. And, you know, she was found down a toilet. So her mother gave birth to her, then threw her away down a down a toilet. And then the next person fished her out and she was still alive because her neck got caught in the u-bend of the toilet and she was cleaned off and fed through a straw like a little bird. And she's now she's still alive. She's now she's worked for me. We got her scholarship to America. She got a distinction of degree and she's flying. And my friend who adopted her gave her the most fabulous name. And that name is Grace. And I name my daughter Grace after that grace. Because basically, you're only going to live. You know, the start of Grace's life is a picture of the gospel that God reaches down into our mess and we need a Savior, and we need a rescue, and we can't save ourselves. And like that lady stuck her hand down the toilet and got filthy in the process. God came down in Jesus and he picks us up and he cleans us up, and he takes our filth on him so that we can be clean and beautiful and acceptable. And if you understand that grace, then it fills you with a love. And then Christ's love compels you to live and to live, prioritizing what matters. It was C.S. Lewis that said, anything which isn't eternal is eternally out of date. And it doesn't last. Which is why Jesus says, come on. Store up for yourselves treasures in heaven where moth and rust. You know, basically that last forever. And I paraphrase that to save time. But, you know, we get so caught up in the here and now, and I've got the privilege of working and living with people that have got so little materially. Yet unlike unlike in the States where people often have got everything to live with, but they've got nothing to live for out there. You know, I think just let me tell this one, this a friend of mine, she saw a guy in his rags with an empty bowl praying in a refugee camp. She went over and sat next to him and said, what's your story, old man? And he told her how he'd seen his wife and kids hacked to death and his house burnt down. And he'd walked six days to get that refugee camp. He was in his 80s, and he turned to her at the end of this horrific story. And he said, Madame, I never realized that Jesus was all I needed until Jesus was all I had. Yeah.
S2: That's where it begins. That's where it begins. You know, what's interesting is Simon and I've been. We talk a lot about this here on this show. But I've been living it and experiencing it been a lot of years in ministry. I've seen God do a lot of things. None of it attached to me. It's a God thing. But you know, what's intriguing is we as Christians, especially here stateside, anyone in the West, we've had this notion, and I think this is the greatest false notion that leads us to emptiness. Although we're born again, we're saved as by fire. It's just we're just. Just born again. And now on our own. We've forgotten that the posture of dependence and humility is the birthplace of all that matters. Andrew Murray I quote him all the time from his book humility. He says humility is the one virtue that gives birth to every other virtue. And I've often had people tell me, oh, Pastor Carl, I feel so. I'm at the very bottom. The irony is, is that's the greatest position to be in where God can begin to use us. Speak to that from your own life and those that you see.
S8: Yeah, I mean, not that we choose it, but, you know, I remember once praying. I mean, each morning we would pray in the war, and the war was not on right now, but it's still extremely heavy and it's hit. It's hit world headlines even this week with what's going on in the Congo spilling across. But we would pray the. Most, which is Lord Jesus, we thank you for bringing us safely to the beginning of a new day. And we pray that prayer like a liturgy, because we've been listening to shooting and gunfire and bombs and bombs in the night, and life was so precious. And when you're stripped of everything. And then one guy prayed once. Lord, thank you that all our hope is gone. And I'm like, what? But then he carried on, and then he carried. He carried on, he said, because now our only hope is you. And then I could give a sort of more hearty, slightly begrudging Amen, because I don't want my only hope to be you. But actually we do. We do. He is our only hope and we can try to turn to other other things. Like people will medicate their their pain through through porn or retail therapy or social media and look for affirmation of. But you know, we just we need to to live out our lives before the audience of one and just seek him. And it's not that we desire it, but, you know, when you're out there stripped of everything and, uh, I never realized that Jesus was all I needed until Jesus was all I had.
S4: Yeah.
S2: It's beautiful. Simon Gilbert, our guest right now. And I've got a link for you boom crew to come and get. And this is a this is a sweet morning we're having here. If you want to get a link to a podcast that tens of thousands, if not many more doesn't really matter. Number one or number two on Christian podcasts and all across the UK. And you want to have a weekly shot of being inspired in your dependence on God. Just text the word inspired right now to 800 555 7898. Text inspired to 805 55 7898. Check it out. Text inspired right now to 805 55 7898. Inspired to 805 55 7898. Got 10s for what's on your heart. What do you say, Simon?
S8: Live. Ready, guys? Give him everything. He is faithful. The one who calls you is faithful. You will not be discouraged. Look around and be depressed. Look within and be distressed. Look to Jesus and be at rest.
S2: Those are more than pithy words, man, that's real text inspired to 800, 555, 7898. Check it out. There's more where this came from. Inspired to 855 five 7898.