S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You got ask the question. Why do we do things right? Why do we do stuff? So let's let's mess with this a little bit. Okay, sure. Why do we buy a car?
S3: Because I need to get places that are farther than I can walk.
S2: Okay. Boom! Nailed it. Yeah. All right, now it's your turn.
S3: Uh, why? Why do we. Why do we want to eat dinner at the table with our families?
S2: Oh. Good question. That's because we actually want to look each other in the face.
S3: It's a good thing to do. I agree.
S2: So now the new dilemma is, why do we why do moms ask cell phones to be set down?
S3: Uh, that is the follow up question.
S2: Uh, What do you say? Ali, give us another way.
S4: Why do I occasionally struggle to sleep at night?
S2: That is a forever conundrum. You hit one that I do not know the why. Okay. Well, no no no, no. There's a there's a few factors here, so let's just go after it. Little life hacks here. Okay. Could be that you're having water way too late. Could be. And it could be that you got too many, uh, blue lights cooking.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Blue screens are bad news. I mean.
S3: You got teenage kids. It could be stress.
S2: You could be. Yes, it could be that could. You could be freaking about out about having to work with Jonathan the next morning.
S3: It is.
S4: I mean, that could be it.
S3: A common fear.
S2: It could be. Henry snores. I don't know if he snores or not. It could be. It could be almost anything. Right?
S4: It could. I'll go with the one that fits. This was actually a conversation I had with my son. He was struggling with. Why do I do the right thing? Even though it seems like the kids at school who don't do the right thing get rewarded anyway. He was really wrestling.
S2: That's a great question.
S4: I'm trying to do the right thing. The kids who don't, they just give them what they want anyway. I love it, and I'm over here trying to do right, and I don't feel like anybody's seeing it. Why why, why?
S2: So you got to ask the why. That's the big question. And if you look at the book of Romans, you got to go. Why? And the fulcrum point is found in chapter five and chapter six. And here it is. Verse six, we know that our old self was crucified with him in order that the body of sin might be brought to nothing, so that we who. No longer we would no longer be enslaved to sin. For one who has died has been set free from sin. Pretty clear, isn't it?
S4: Yes.
S2: That the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus is the dinner bell for the why of his resurrection. To set us free from the chains of sin. That's the biggest answer to the why for the resurrection, which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. We're born with our backs to God. We get saved. Why? To get liberated from this body of sin and death. And we can go on bearing fruit, glorifying God and all that cool stuff. So the question is, how does this work? Right, Ali?
S4: Yeah. How do we get victory over sin? What's the why? Let's bring in Pastor Erwin Lutzer here on this Tuesday morning.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire and everything is Greek to her. Super dei is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: The Book of Romans is one of the greatest meaty books and the lynchpin issue is found in chapter five and chapter six. And the issue is that the resurrection of Christ from the dead signals a new covenant. Chains of sin have been broken by faith in Jesus Christ. The power of sin has been broken. Does it mean that we're sinless? No. Does it mean that we're slaves to sin? No. We are no longer slaves. We're bound over to Jesus Christ. Well, what in the world does that mean? We need a guest in here who can knock it out of the park.
S4: Ali, how about Pastor Erwin Lutzer, pastor emeritus of the Moody Church, where he served as senior pastor for 36 years, also host of the daily Bible teaching program Running to Win. Pastor Lutzer. Sometimes it feels like we're winning the battle against sin, but sometimes it feels like we're losing. Why are our feelings not necessarily the best indicator when light of this scripture verse we're talking about out of Romans six.
S5: You know Ali and Carl. Romans chapter six is awesome. But what I'm going to do is actually read a similar text from the book of Colossians. And then I want to give an illustration that I think will be very helpful to everyone who's listening. It says that Jesus has made us alive together. That's what you've been talking about. We are together with him, having forgiven all of our trespasses by canceling the record of death that was against us, and with its legal demands, nailing it to the cross. He set aside and disarmed the rulers and the authorities, and put them in open shame by triumphing over them in him. Here's the illustration that came to me this morning. Let's suppose that you lived in an apartment. You were born into a family that was in debt, and all of us are. We're indebted all the way back to Adam. Not only that, you had a landlord who is very evil, who always wanted you to be obligated to him to pay him. And he would come, so to speak, knocking on your door, and you had an obligation. Then Jesus comes and he redeems you from the hand of that landlord. You no longer have any obligation to him at all. Zero. You are now belonging to Jesus Christ, having purchased you, and he purchased you. He didn't buy you from the devil because the devil has never owned anything, though he claims everything that is his own. But he pays the debt to God the Father so that your sins have been nailed to the cross. But this is what happens to the devil. First of all, it says very clearly that his legal demands are over because Jesus purchased us out from under his authority. All authority that he exercises today is fake. Now he comes to us, knocking on our door saying, hey, you still owe me, but we don't. But here's another exciting thing. You'll notice that it says that Jesus disarmed principalities and powers, triumphing over them and and putting him to an open shame. In the imagery that Paul is using is Rome used to take defeated kings and march them through the city of Rome in humiliation, because they were the losers and Rome was triumphant. And that's the imagery here. Yeah, Jesus Christ put the devil to an open shame, and he has shamed the devil. So the bottom line. If we belong to Jesus, we have no obligation to the flesh or to the devil. He comes knocking, insisting that he go back to our old ways. But we have the authority in Christ to say, no, I don't belong to you. I now belong to Jesus, and he has my allegiance. And be gone.
S2: Why do too many genuine disciples of Christ truly born again? People live as if we have a evil landlord. Why?
S5: Because our vision of what Jesus Christ did is too, too low.
S2: Yeah. Yeah.
S5: It is not fully formed. And so we feel that we have this obligation when really we don't. If we understood the exalted Christ and the total triumph over evil, If we saw that very clearly, we would then have the authority. Now we don't have the power over the devil. I can't go to the evil landlord and say, well, I'm more powerful than you are. We send Jesus to the door, so to speak, and say, oh, you're knocking on my door. Guess what? I have a guest who has taken care of you. Jesus. You go and you fight this battle for me.
S2: So I rebuke you. Yeah.
S5: Without any, uh. We have to recognize that without any intervention from God. And that intervention, of course, comes to us through Jesus Christ our Lord and all the work that he did. We really have no other alternative except to, uh, bow to our evil landlord.
S4: Pastor Erwin Lutzer. Our guest this morning. So, what are you battling this morning? What is that persistent sin, that issue that keeps coming back. And what practical steps can you take standing on the Word of God to get victory? More coming up here on Carlin Crew.
S1: Your shot of hope to help you through the day. This is Carlin crew on Moody Radio.
S4: D.L. Moody once said that at his conversion, he expected that his battle with sin would be over. But instead, he discovered something different. That he was actually enlisting himself as a soldier in a new war. The assaults of sin were that strong. Pastor Erwin Lutzer you you mentioned this analogy about an evil landlord. We have been set free from our slavery to sin. The price has been paid, but that the assault of sin is D.L. Moody described. It becomes even stronger for the believer. Explain.
S5: Well, you know, we should not be surprised at that. What's important, Ali, is you'll notice that it says here in Colossians that legally, Satan has no authority over us, but of course he is going to deceive us. In fact, the phrase that is used here is empty deceit. He's going to deceive us and tell us we still have obligations. But at the same time, you know what D.L. Moody said was is absolutely right, because we are enlisted with a new war. And I want to emphasize to all those that are listening. Just because Jesus Christ won a legal victory, that does not mean that it is automatic. That's why you have in the Scripture the war against the devil putting on the armor of God. It means we yield ourselves to the Lord every single day. We begin with a new yieldedness and as a result of that, as we grow, we find that the lust of the flesh and the lust of the eyes and the other lusts. And by the way, the sins of the spirit, the jealousy, the desire to be recognized and pride. The closer we get to God, the more he is showing us of areas of our life which are still not under his total submission. So D.L. Moody is right. That's why the Bible says that we have to do it. You know, I was sitting next to somebody last night. I'm at a conference, actually, and he was talking about who is the best athlete in basketball or something. And I think of all of the exercise and the discipline that is needed to attain that kind of recognition. And Paul says they do it to receive a corruptible crown. Could you even imagine what would happen if we had the discipline that they have? But at the same time, as Carl likes to emphasize, this isn't human, Will. This isn't self-help. It is enlisting God's help. But God's help is not automatic. And that's why we need the church. We need other believers to pray for us. Because you're right, we are definitely in a war.
S2: You know, you've pastored a few years and you've seen people walk in victory and you've seen people on that horrible treadmill of sin, shame, repent, repeat. What is the common denominator of those that walk in victory, Pastor Lutzer?
S5: I think it is a a commitment to the body of Jesus Christ, but also a commitment to the word.
S2: I agree.
S5: You know, just, uh, just the other day, I was reading about how Elijah was there and he was at Dothan and how his servant was so afraid. And Elisha says, open his eyes. We need our eyes open continually to see that Jesus Christ is Victor. And the reason that so many people, uh, fall into their old sins repeatedly is they really do feel a sense of obligation to those sins because of overwhelming temptation, and overwhelming temptation demands serious yieldedness. Being in the word, recognizing our tremendous need, and having a desire to please Christ alone. And when that begins to happen, that's where we see. And then, of course, Carl, as you and I know you have all those people who have been hurt by other Christians who have been hurt by the church. And on and on it goes. And so they say, I'm done with that. And so they walk in the world and saying, I want nothing to do with Christianity or Christians, etc., and you cut yourself off from the body. And, um, you know, it's pretty gruesome. I know a man who opened his fridge door. He was staying with a doctor and there was a human hand in the refrigerator. Remember, he was staying with a doctor and a a hand cut off from the body. I can tell you, is gruesome. And there are people trying to walk this journey alone, and they discover that they can't do it. So together, as a body, as believers, we continue to fight and we continue to win.
S4: Pastor Lutzer, you mentioned the body of Christ and how important it is to to be in community with other believers. Many people attended church this past Sunday on Easter Sunday, some of whom may not go back for 6 to 8 months. Talk about the importance of community. How do we find that for the person who maybe is in church but feels isolated?
S2: Yes.
S5: You know, Ellie, first of all, I want to say this. Have you ever wondered, as I have Easter Sunday, the church is full. Where in the world are those people? The next Sunday and the next? I don't know who they are. I don't know. It's just simply a tradition. But in answer to that, and by the way, without getting into the deep weeds, the idea of watching online, which we did during Covid, has had some unintended bad effects in my opinion. Now people think they're going to church because they watch a computer, have a cup of coffee and, um, do texting on their cell phones. I'm being a little sarcastic here, but they are watching that and that isn't the same. So that community has to be found. If we're talking to people who have been hurt by the church. I understand that. But still, you have to find believers that fellowship with you that are going to walk with you through this life. The Christian life is communal. You know, you look at the book of acts they hung together. And what we need is the same thing. And for those who say, well, I've been hurt by some Christians, well, there are lots of Christians also out there who don't hurt people.
S2: Yes.
S5: Who are willing to pick up the pieces of a broken life and to help you navigate a very difficult storm that you are going through.
S2: Yeah. Wonderful. Pastor Lutzer, thank you so much for being with us today. And there's some of you that, as Ali said, you are in church, but you're not in community. And that's maybe the greatest problem, because how many times we talk around about it here. Ali, we can go to church and go to church and go to church and not be in community. So it's a two step. Let's move from online to in church to grafted into the body of Christ. Find others who can help you. Unbelievable time with Pastor Lutzer here. What do you say then? What do you say then? What does God want to do in your life today? The reality of the resurrection is that the chains of sin have been broken.
S1: A basketball mom who's mastered the dad joke. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Moms are amazing, amazing superheroes. Moms are superheroes. And some of you might have had a bad experience with a mom. We get that. But there's mom figures that come into our life. There's adopted moms and are just moms are just terrific. You know, sometimes moms have these funny little things about them that you're like, I didn't know that my mom was a champion. I don't even know what the game is. What's the game where you've got the paddle and the ball on the rubber band. Paddle ball that. No, it's something different than that. What's it called?
S3: Uh, well, like on the little string. And you bounce.
S2: The little string.
S3: It's paddle ball.
S2: Is it paddle ball?
S4: I don't know. I know what you're talking about. Where you kind of bounce it up and down and it keeps coming back.
S2: It keeps coming back.
S3: Yeah, it's a paddle ball.
S2: Yeah. So she was like. She was right here in Chicago back in the day when she was a little kid. She like won some big prize for going I don't know how many hundreds of times with a paddle ball is. How weird is that? And then what really blew my mind was when yo yos got popular. Anyone remember when yo yo, they they cycle.
S3: So.
S2: They kind of cycle. They. I think they even got hot when you were a kid.
S3: Young thunder. Yeah, absolutely. Late 90s. Yo yos were a thing.
S2: Oh, yeah. So my mom taught me how to rock the. I couldn't believe it. She says, you know what? You got a new yo yo. Can I show you a trick? And I'm like, yeah, it's called Rock the cradle. And I'm like, When mom rocked the cradle. Rocked the cradle is where you boom it. Pop it down. It's sitting there spinning at the bottom. You grab it, you grab a string one way, you grab it another. So you grab it with your left hand. You grab it with your right hand, and then you swing the yo yo through the triangle of string. It's called Rock the cradle. And then she says, I'll walk the dog for you. I'm like, walk the dog, boom, yo yo went to the bottom. Then she's going along without it. Pop it up and that thing's scooting along and it's walking with her on the floor. It's like moving. And I'm like, my mom is, uh.
S4: That's impressive.
S3: That's awesome. I used to isn't that funny? But I just drag it on the ground. It just drag.
S4: The.
S3: Dog. I'm walking the dog.
S2: The dog is walking you, man. Oh my goodness. What's what's the what's the funny, goofy stuff your mama did you.
S3: Know I for for me this it's still to this day the same way. So whenever we play like a card game together as a family. And you know.
S2: She is shark.
S3: She's. Well, yeah, that that's one thing. But then also, she can shuffle a deck with the best of them. She like.
S2: Really?
S3: Yeah. She's not a not a gambler. I'm not like, my mom didn't spend a bunch of time in casinos or anything like that. But you think she was a blackjack dealer?
S2: I'm kidding, I'm kidding, I'm kidding.
S3: You think she's a blackjack dealer for a second job? Because whenever the pile of cards that needs to be reshuffled, we just pass it all to her, and she takes it and goes, and I go, what? When did you learn how to do that, mama?
S2: Work in the cards.
S3: So to this day, we always just pass it to her. And she shuffles it all up because she's no one else can do it.
S2: You know what? We need to get a video of your mom shuffling the deck.
S4: I want to see that I'm always impressed by people who can really shuffle because I cannot. I have, like, the slowest. Like, I shuffle that like half the deck comes down.
S3: Just rub your hands together and kind of try to fit it in place.
S6: Oh, I'm the worst.
S4: I'm terrible at shuffling cards. I'm like, just let me just move them around, mix them up.
S2: What about your mom, Ellie?
S4: You know, I recently found out some new stuff about my mom I went to visit a couple weeks ago, and she. She got this big award in our hometown. A community like a lifetime achievement award. So I was helping her document some stuff from her past. And so she brought out this scrapbook from high school that I had never seen in my life. And I was like, mom, I haven't seen these pictures. She had pictures of her as a high school cheerleader. And then there was this one picture. I guess she had done, like catalog modeling for like mom.
S7: Or like the local.
S4: You know, the department stores. There's this picture. And she was really it was my mom's 511. So she she cast a very tall. She was very tall and lanky. And so they had her dressed up in this outfit, and she's standing up tall and looking off to the side with a serious face.
S3: That's great.
S7: I was like, mom, I never knew you.
S4: Took this picture. That was in the the catalog. And so it was it was fun to see some of her high school stuff that I had never seen.
S8: You know, you know, what's.
S2: Funny about moms is they'll tell your children, their grandchildren, stuff that they would never tell you.
S3: Yes, absolutely. I don't know why that's the case.
S2: I don't know either. But one day our daughter comes home and goes. I know something about grandma that you don't know about your own mom. I'm like, what? She says I know something. Well, what? Muriel. Your mom was a leg model for Cadillac. And I'm like, no wonder she didn't tell me. That freaked me.
S4: Out. They get, they get. The next generation gets the stuff. Like, yeah, we're free now.
S2: No, it was in the old days. So it wasn't a leg model. It was a calf model. Okay. That's what it was. That's hilarious. So. But isn't that funny stuff?
S4: And they.
S3: Just.
S4: You find out much later in life this stuff.
S2: Mom couldn't bear to tell me that. So she tells her daughter.
S3: What? Yeah. No. Who wants to hear? Who wants to hear that? As a kid from your mom?
S2: No, I was horrified. In my adult years, I was horrified. I'm like, oh, no, no.
S4: Embarrassing.
S3: Don't tell me that. Yeah.
S2: Isn't that funny, Ali? Oh my goodness guys. All right, so, mamas, they don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. Oh they do. Oh, give me a little bit of that young thunder. Come on.
S3: Man. Hold on. Yeah. Give me a minute.
S4: Well, I will tell you where we're going with this. Yeah. Moments with mom give away. We want to hear your stories. The stories of the mom in your life. Or maybe a mom figure who stepped in where there was an absence. You have an opportunity to win $550 worth of prizes for mom. Or. Hey, you know what? If you are a mom and you want to win this for yourself, that is totally within bounds. Text the word mom to get the entry form. This is our moments with mom mother's day giveaway. Text mom to 800 555 7898. Text mom to 800 555 7898.
S2: This is for you, mom.
S9: Cowboys ain't easy to love. What is this? Harder to hold. Oh, this is good music here, man. This is it. This is the jam. It's going to be.
S2: On.
S9: Your playlist. And diamonds or gold? Maybe not.
S3: I don't think I don't think Ali's checking this song out after the show.
S10: Belt buckles.
S9: That's Willie.
S2: So this.
S9: Is.
S2: Waylon.
S9: And Willie.
S3: Waylon and Willie.
S9: Okay.
S10: If you don't understand him and he don't die young, he'll probably. Most unique pipes.
S2: On the planet.
S9: Here we go. Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be cowboys. Come on, mama. Don't let em pick guitars and drive them old trucks. Let em be doctors and lawyers and such cannot be doctors and lawyers and such. Let your babies grow up to be.
S2: Turn it up, man.
S9: Don't. We got to go full blast. Oh, okay. Cause they never stay home. And they're always alone. Even with someone they love. All right, enough.
S2: Of Waylon and Willie. What do you say? How do they get in the contest?
S3: What do you think about that?
S4: And with that text, mom to 800, 555, 78, 98. Music not included. Text mom to 805 55789802.
S2: Good. All right. We got some special coming up. Buckle up. Get your swig of water. This is Toby Mac. Nothing sweeter. Come on, moms, get your name in for your mom.
S1: You're listening to curl and crew on Moody Radio.
S8: All right, moms.
S2: Get in here. You got to do it. Get signed up and do it for your mom. Guys, what a great opportunity this is.
S4: Ali, text mom to 800 555 78. 98. Text mom to (800) 555-7898.
S2: Okay, we got a question for you, and it's an important one. We're going to light it up right now. The reality of the resurrection is that we can rise up with victory over sin. That's the whole crux of the matter. That's it. It's the fulcrum. It's the tipping point in Romans five and six. We don't have Romans eight. We don't have everything beyond that without these theological truths, that the resurrection of Christ from the dead sealed our victory. So the tomb was rolled away. But the seal of victory was that those chains of sin have been broken. And you've got a story to tell.
S4: We want to hear from you. What sin has God given you victory over by his resurrection power? Tell us 800 555, 7898 (800) 555-7898.
S1: He was sharing the gospel on the radio and then he got saved. Young thunders in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You got to share that story on Friday again. Got to do.
S3: It. Be happy to.
S2: Yeah. It's an amazing story. Young Thunder is in the crew. Well, we got a question for you. Ali, what is it?
S4: What sin has God given you? Victory over? Not by your power, but by his resurrection power. Let's go to Cathy. Calling in this morning from Indiana. Cathy, tell us, what is that sin that you can declare that the resurrection power of Christ has given you victory over?
S11: Yes. Good morning. Um. He had helped me quit drinking for 45 years. I struggled with alcohol hard, and he led me to AA meetings, and and this is for sure how it happened. And Easter Sunday. It was my three month mark, 90 days. And I praise the Lord for it.
S2: Amen. It's his power at work in you, Cathy. That is sweet sister. Stay on the horn. If you got time, I'm going to get you. Carl and crew press back just because. Boom! This is why we call you the boom crew. Will in Tennessee. What's your story, will.
S12: And your shoe gave me victory over porn. Soul desires and sexual sins.
S2: It's a powerful freedom, isn't it, Will?
S12: Oh, it is, because it's. It has been passed down through my father.
S8: Yeah.
S2: Yeah. You broke.
S12: That. It's been broken.
S2: Yeah.
S12: I did not break it.
S2: No! God did it. God did it. Yeah, you got that right, Will. You know, it's interesting. Uh, the sins of the fathers we find in Exodus 20, visit to the third and fourth generation. But righteousness to a thousand. And you have set a course in history. Will. That is breaking the chain, brother. And I want to thank you. Stay on the horn. We're going to get you a Carl and Crew prize pack. Let's get Megan in here from Washington. What do you say, Megan?
S13: Good morning. Boom crew. God bless you. So today is my birthday. I told myself I'd call in if you guys did one. I figured it was testimony day. God gave me another year. But God has given me victory over just, well, a life of addiction. I was just in a really dark, dark, dark world, born into darkness and just a life of addiction. But five years ago that that led to me being, um, just the lifestyle, being homeless and then rented a cheesy motel where I ended up being trafficked. And, um, Satan thought that he would deliver me a final blow, but God. And so now I have been plucked out of all of that. I'm part of the leadership team here in Washington at a recovery ministry. I lead, um, some steps groups, and I, I have a thing of ministry I do downtown called worship and walk. And we just go and we pray downtown over people and worship the Lord and play music. And so, yeah, God's done a real amazing work. So praise.
S2: The Lord. Again. Number one. Happy birthday. Number two. Wow, sister, you must share your story. Does have you. Have you seen the story of your life and what God's done in it? Impact others? It's got to inspire people.
S13: It does. You know, that's what I love about the Recovery ministry is that, you know, we do testimonies all the time. And watching my testimony go from, you know, what? I you know, from what it was to now, it's like, I don't even want to talk about the dark stuff. I kind of have to, to show like the gravity of what God did in my life. But I just want to get to the part where the blessings, you know, God's done this and this and this, and, you know, the different groups that I get to do in Bible studies, I lead. And it's an entirely different world. Yeah, yeah.
S2: Megan, that is so cool. Oh, sister, this is this is why we call you the boom crew. Boom boom boom, triple boom. I'm going to give you a quad boom because it's your birthday. Boom.
S4: Happy birthday, happy birthday. Thanks for spending a couple minutes of your birthday with Carl and crew.
S2: Hey, Megan. Happy birthday. I'm going to give you a Carl and crew prize pack today. What do you say about that?
S13: I say yay, thank you. Praise God.
S2: Yeah, yeah, it's coming your way, sister. So stay on the horn. We're going to get that out to you. Oh, how sweet is that? What a story, huh?
S3: My goodness.
S4: Let's go to John. First time caller from Chicago. John, tell us what is the sin that God's given you victory over and you want to testify?
S14: Good morning everybody. It's drunkenness, without a doubt. Drunkenness. I would, uh, I would drink in times of stress. Even after being a believer, there'd be times I'd be sitting in a church pew and I would be hungover from the night before. Um, and it was a battle. I was, you know, being a secret agent for Jesus. But actually, I was being a double agent for the devil. Um, and and and drunkenness leads. It's like a gateway sin. It opens you up to many other sins. And the Lord, by the power and his grace, he brought me to my knees. I got to the point where I asked for forgiveness so many times from Jesus. I finally asked him to help me to repent, and within 12 hours he brought me to my knees. Wow. It hurt my family greatly. But through that hurt and through that pain, my wife should have divorced me. But she didn't. She showed me the love of Jesus. Mhm. And, uh, God restored me. And I'm a sober minded man now.
S2: Wow. John. Wow. That's so beautiful. Oh, boy. I hope this doesn't get too catchy here, but I got you. Got to stay on the horn. You're getting the Carl and Crew prize pack. He didn't call to win something, but thank you, John. Just stay on the horn. Annette. First time caller in Illinois. What do you say, Annette? What's your story?
S15: Good morning everybody. Um, God has delivered me from, um, alcohol, alcoholic and committing adultery. And the way he did it, I was at the at the lounge, and I saw a big mirror and I looked, I said, uh, I'm tired of this. I'm tired of this. And I went to church the next day, and he took the taste from my mouth. And it was kind of scary, though, but he took the taste. I didn't want no more alcohol. I didn't even want it. I didn't have any more desires for for men because I was hurt in my past. So I didn't want to just have a man that just was available. I wanted a man that was committed to somebody. So that way I don't have to be committed to him. But God is good. He's good. He's good.
S4: Amen.
S8: Yeah.
S15: To God be the glory.
S2: Amen. And that. Sister, thank you so much for calling in. And what a sweet thing. And you know what You prove, Annette, this morning. And I want you to hear my heart. The way God's power flows through our life, it's undeniable in Scripture through humility. And when you looked in that mirror, God brought you to the end of yourself. And that's where. God's power begins. Annette and sister, you stay on the horn to. I'm sorry. We're giving away two prize packs here, guys. That's all there is to it. But how about that alley? What do you say?
S4: You know, I love her heart and the humility that you don't when you. When you've been set free by the resurrection power of Jesus. There's no self in it. There's no. Look what I've done. Yeah, that is right on. So when you testify about it, it gives so much glory to God. And no. And there's no part of you that wants to take credit for it.
S2: That's so true. Way to go, Annette. Way to go, John. Whom the son sets free is free indeed. Humble yourself and watch him work.