S1: Hi friend, thank you so much for downloading this podcast and I truly hope you hear something that edifies encourage, equips, enlightens, and then gets you out there in the marketplace of ideas. But before you go, I want to tell you about this month's truth tool. It's called Have You Ever Wondered? And I absolutely love this topic because if you're like me, going out into the night sky and looking up and seeing a million stars, don't you just stop and think about God? And are you not in a moment of awe and wonder or looking out over the vast expanse of an ocean and you start thinking, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And it makes you wonder about the magnificence of God? I think that sense of wonder was put there on purpose, and this wonderful book includes a composite of multiple authors who have written from their perspective as a scientist, or a historian, or a mathematician or an artist, on why they all have this sense of awe through the work that they do. In other words, the heavens declare the glory. And as it tells us in Romans, we are really without excuse because his handiwork is everywhere. And this book invites you to walk through the chapters written by people who all have a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to God through their various disciplines in life. It's an amazing book and it's yours. For a gift of any amount, just call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Ask for a copy of Have You Ever Wondered? And we'll send it right off to you as my way of saying thank you, because we are listener supported radio. Or you can go online to in the market with Janet Parshall and you're also on the website, consider becoming a partial partner. Those are people who give every single month at a level of their own choosing. You always get the truth tool, but in addition to that, you get a weekly newsletter that includes my writing and an audio piece just for my partial partners. So 877 Janet 58 or the website in the market with Janet Parshall. Consider becoming a partial partner or asking for this month's truth tool. Have you ever wondered? And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: The conference was over. The over. The president, one of the.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a major 17 years.
S4: The Palestinians and Israelis negotiated.
S5: Over the weekend.
S1: Hi, friends. Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. Thank you so much for joining us. Okay. Get that thinking cap out of the box. Put it on because we're going to think critically and biblically this hour. Those are not mutually exclusive postures for a follower of Yeshua. They are both and and I have to tell you something. I you know, I thought once we saw what happened in Germany and in the central part of Europe during World War two, that the clarion cry never again would be it. Exclamation point, end of discussion. Never again would we sit idly by when we saw anti-Semitism raise its ugly. It might be so bold. Demonic head. And yet we are seeing it now at an unprecedented rate. There are so many things that replicate exactly what happened in the 1930s in Germany, as an example. And the church, the followers of Yeshua, cannot and must not sit idly by. There is no gray on this. There is no ambiguity. There is no opt in, opt out clause. You follow a Jewish Messiah. For whatever reason, God chose the Jewish people. My husband and I were just having this conversation again this past weekend. God, in his infinite and sovereign wisdom, could have chose the picks the Celts, the Normans, the Saxons. He chose the Jews. He came to earth as a man and a Jew. So I don't care what you think, number one, your first principle has to be why did God choose the Jewish people? There's something distinct and separate. He chose in human history to reveal his unconditional love for mankind through a Jewish Messiah. So why are we seeing a rise of anti-Semitism again? And now we've got this terrible conversation going on about eschatology. And somehow between Malachi and Matthew, God changes his mind and the nation of Israel is replaced by the church. And it's causing some really heated conversations within the parameters of the church capital C universal. But I'm a Y person. Typical for a firstborn. It's a burden we all carry. Why? Why are we seeing anti-Semitism rising like never before? That's going to be our focus this hour. And all of this is going to emanate from a book that is going to be released, not, paradoxically, on October 7th. That's the anniversary of what happened October 7th, 2023. It was done with pointed purpose, and I'm so glad it's called anti-Semitism in the End Times, how the rise of the world's oldest hatred is paving the way for Messiah's return. If somewhere out of all of this beauty can rise and we need to be paying attention. Our teacher this hour is Olivier Melnick. He got his master's from Dallas Theological Seminary. He's the founder and executive director of Shalom in Messiah Ministries. He is the son of Holocaust survivors from France. Olivier is an international speaker. He is an authority on the topic of anti-Semitism, and he's written seven books. He advocates against anti-Semitism in any and all its forms, and Shalom in Messiah educates people and mobilizes Christians to fight the hate while building bridges with the Jewish people. Olivier, you could not be joining us at a better, more prescient time. Thank you. God bless you with the ministry that you've got. And I'm so glad that you're here. Tell me a background for people who don't know Shalom and Messiah Ministries. You're talking to a national audience. This will be their first exposure for some. Talk to me about the ministry. When did it start? What do you do?
S6: Well, Janet, thank you for having me on the show. First of all, uh, and, uh, before I started Shalom and Messiah, I was truly called by God to do it. I was, uh, a regional director with Chosen People Ministries for 27 years. And I know you've had Doctor Glazer on your show and other people. And so I've been I was with the mission for 27 years. And then the Lord called me to specifically focus my efforts on what I'm doing right now to, like you just said, equip Christians to understand anti-Semitism and use it in a way that it can help rebuild bridges between Christians and Jews. And also, an aspect of what we're doing is to equip Christians. And it's going to sound crazy to some people, but equip Christians to be ready to mobilize them, to reach out to help Jewish community right now. So so that when it gets worse for the Jews, they'll be ready to not be a bystander, but they will be the new Righteous Among the Nations for the 21st century.
S1: So that's what we're doing. Amen and amen. By the way, I'd be remiss if I didn't say one for the home team. Olivier is a graduate of Moody Bible Institute. He graduated in 2001, so I want to point that out as well. So Olivier, I love to hear the stories. Before we get into your very important topic. Talk to me about how you came to faith in Yeshua.
S6: Okay, well, first of all, I got to tell you, I was looking on the page today, the whatever web page where your program is listed. And it made me laugh because on the bio that you guys wrote, I would be 95 years old. And. It says that my grandfather was was killed in Auschwitz when I was 15. So make it 1945 at the latest that, you know, we're in 25. So I would be 95 years old today. And I'm 65, so mazel tov.
S7: Let me let me set the record straight because I thought this was funny. I had to get a kick out of that. So I was born and raised.
S6: In France in 1959. Parents are Holocaust survivors and, uh, both Jewish and, um, I basically did not believe in anything. My my dad was an atheist. My mother lost her faith when her dad was taken from her when she was 15. That's her. That's my grandfather. That's my my maternal grandfather. He was taken to Auschwitz and died within a week of being taken from, uh, from the suburb of Paris in 1942, summer of 1942. And, uh, so she lost her faith. And by the way, for the that maybe for another time. But both my parents came to the Lord before they passed. I led them to the Lord a few years ago. So this this part for them for 28 years. So, uh, I was in France. I didn't believe in anything, I didn't care. And then I met an American gentile, uh, who ended up challenging me when I wanted to marry her. And she said, you know, your Messiah is Jewish. Your Bible is Jewish. Get a clue. Uh, and so she gave me a Bible. I looked at it, and eventually that Bible led to me reading the late Great Planet Earth by Hal Lindsey. Um, and that is what did it for me. I got really, really scared out of my socks when I got to the rapture and, uh, and, uh, so I said, listen, this is kind of a nonsense thing where you're going to disappear. And that was like in 1983. Um, and she said, no, it's not nonsense. I don't have all the details, but we're going to be gone and you're going to be left here. And that's exactly why I can't marry you unless you believe like I do. One thing led to another. I gave my life to the Lord July of 1983.
S1: Wow. Amen. And the rest, as they say, is history. Oh, Olivia, I'm so glad you're here. And I'm so glad we're going to spend this hour together. And I'm so glad we're going to talk about anti-Semitism and its linkage to the end times, which is a fascinating conversation. Olivia melnick is with us again. He is the founder and executive director of Shalom in Messiah Ministries. More after this. Have you ever wondered why music moves us so deeply? Or why beauty takes our breath away? My Truth Tool this month is a thought provoking book that explores those moments of wonder we all encounter. It's called Have You ever Wondered? Consider how ordinary aspects of life point to the extraordinary biblical truths. Ask for your copy of. Have you ever wondered when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call eight 7758. That's eight 7758 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. We have the privilege and I deem it as such, to spend the hour with Olivier Melnick, who's the president and executive director of Shalom in Messiah. That is a nonprofit organization that exists to expose and fight anti-Semitism, as well as equip you and me and mobilize us so we can help the Jewish people discover that Yeshua is, in fact, the long anticipated Messiah. And I noted out earlier that Olivier attended Moody Bible Institute. Let me just give a shout out to the Jewish Studies program. I am so thankful that is a part of Moody Bible Institute. You know, a lot of Christian schools think maybe that isn't so necessary anymore. We wouldn't have somebody like Olivier, and we wouldn't have somebody like Doctor Michael Redlich. And as as our friend Mitch Glazer has told us on many occasion how many people graduated from Moody that are working for Chosen People Ministries as well. So I'm so very, very grateful for that part of Moody Bible Institute. Olivier, by the way, has a new book coming out. You can pre-order it now. It's called antisemitism in the End Times How the Rise of the World's Oldest Hatred is paving the way for Messiah's Return. I love that part of the subtitle, Olivier, because it is the world's oldest hatred. I want to start where your book start, which is so that we're all on the same page. How do you define how should we define anti-Semitism?
S6: Well, Janet, I am so happy. I'm so pleased that you used the word demonic in your introduction, because that is one of the two key words I use in my own definition that goes like this Antisemitism is the irrational and satanic or demonic, irrational and satanic hatred of the Jews and Israel, characterized by thoughts, words and or deeds against them.
S1: Perfectly defined, perfectly defined. And it is a spiritual war. So let me linger on that point, because I want people listening to understand why you can't just look at the events at Columbia University or what took place on October 7th, 2023. Why, at its core, is this a spiritual issue, do you think?
S7: Well, if you if.
S6: You look at the Bible and I approach the Bible, you know, being a moody grad and a DTS grad and my approach to the Bible is dispensationalist and so I'm pre-milled pre-trib, like a friend of mine says, I don't even eat cereal to be safe.
S7: So. So but I.
S6: Look at the the end times and I find out that Stating from the very, very first messianic prophecy found in Genesis 315, the seed of the woman and the seed of the serpent. Satan has a hatred of the Jews, and Satan knows the Bible very well, and when he looks at the entire council of God, he is not omniscient, but he knows his Bible. He knows that at some point in the future, the the Jewish people are going to go through with a bunch of people through the tribulation. Some will survive, some will not. Those who survive will call on Yeshua, will say, Baruch Hashem Adonai. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord, and that will usher in the second coming of the Messiah. When that happens, Satan is out of a job and he does not like his retirement plan.
S7: He doesn't want to go there.
S1: That's exactly right.
S6: So he's going to do everything he can to stop it from happening or to postpone it. That's exactly what he does. And right now, I can tell you, when you look at the events in the world, he's running on fumes. He knows it and he's doing. He's pulling everything he can to go after the Jews.
S7: And that's what we are witnessing.
S6: And it is irrational. Janet, because where else do you see the liberal left and radical Islam disagree ideologically on everything, except that they.
S7: Would.
S6: All hints.
S7: When it goes.
S6: After the Jews?
S1: Yes, yes, yes. And you know, I you know, I love world history and I love studying about people groups. And so you look at history and you think, for the Jews, if it's not Pharaoh, then it's Herod. If it's not Herod, it's Hitler. If it's not Hitler, it's the Spanish Inquisition. Now, I understand that there have been problems with different people groups throughout the beginning of time, but there's just something about the Jews. Even when Jews were being freed out of the camps in the Holocaust. And they come. Britain won't take them in, the United States won't take them. And they're literally stuck on a ship and they can't even get back. To which we'll thank you. God become their homeland. The Jewish state of Israel. So you just see this constant, constant attack. I know it seems sophomoric, but it seems that at some base level, Satan must think that if he can wipe out the Jews. He's eradicated what he wants to promulgate as the mythology of a Jewish Messiah. It makes no other sense otherwise.
S6: Yeah, well, he tried that the first coming. He tried to corrupt the human race with in Genesis six. He tried different things and it didn't work. And he's going to try to, to to stop the second coming from happening. Uh, and it's just, you know, when you mentioned that, you know, you never thought that you would we would see such a level of hatred against the Jews. I mean, I come from a family of Holocaust survivors. I heard the stories of our family. And, you know, my mother told me stories, and my dad told me stories in France. And I'm thinking like, yeah, it's never going to get that bad. Well, in 2000, when I started looking into this, I was I was finishing my undergrad. I started telling people, it's going to get bad for the Jews. And people look at me and they said, like, Olivier, you're overreacting. Well, 25 years later, I'm having a not and I'm not enjoying this, but I'm having this I told you so moment. I wish I was wrong, but I've been seeing this for 25 years and we haven't seen the worst of it. And it's not the tribulation. I don't believe we'll go through it. It's right now. It's going to get a lot worse for the Jewish people, because no matter what happens, they're going to be at fault in the eyes of the world.
S1: Absolutely, absolutely. And you see that, I mean, now. So step away from the Bible. I always tell my friends, walk through life with the Bible in one hand, the newspaper in the other. Now you look at the headlines of the day. I'm a Jewish student at Columbia University. I can't get to my class. I can't wear a Star of David. I can't give any outward appearances of my identification and my person as being a Jew. If that isn't a deja vu all over again and what we saw in Germany, I don't know what is. And so what bothers me the most is those in authority, those who should know better, the college presidents, the people in authority for governmental offices who turn a blind eye and a deaf ear. Well, I think that's their own particular corrupted worldview. It has to. Likewise. Do you not agree be a kind of spiritual blindness?
S6: There is. it is a spiritual blindness. And it is, uh, it is the enemy. It's Satan is using whoever he can right now. You're looking at somebody like. And I, you know, maybe we don't want to get on that topic, but you're looking at somebody like Candace Owens and Candace Owens. Uh, you know, I used to look at this young, young conservative woman. I'm like, wow, here's the voice of the future. She's it's exciting. And I'm, you know, I'm it's hopeful that we have young people like her. And she turned, she completely turned. And she has become so toxic against the Jews. And so now we've got Satan will use anybody, even smart people, to use them against the Jews.
S1: Absolutely. And I couldn't agree with your assessment more, Olivier. It is a fabulous book. It comes out later this year. You can preorder it now. This topic is today. It is timely. It needs to be addressed now. anti-Semitism in the End Times. The subtitle of Olivier's new books is How the Rise of the World's oldest hatred is paving the way for Messiah's return. If there's anything in that darkness that's positive, it is that Jesus is coming again. His return is imminent. Look around you. All the signs are there. More with Olivier Melnick right after this. Such an important conversation. And we followers of Jesus must get this right. Olivier Melnick is with us. He's the founder and executive director of Shalom in Messiah Ministries. I love the work that they do, and he's got a new book coming out called anti-Semitism in the End Times. And this is important for us to understand why we're seeing what we're seeing and how this is indicative of the fact that Jesus is coming. And more than anything else, our God declared he's not willing that any should perish. And that includes the Jewish people. So I'm so glad we're having this conversation. Okay, I want to get a history lesson here because I smile when I hear this because of the ignorance, the palpable ignorance. Most of the people who show up at these events waving their Palestinian flags and chanting from the river to the sea. Couldn't tell you what river and don't know what sea. And oh, by the way, they pocket about 200 bucks every time they show up. So when they're chanting these things, I think to myself, you don't even know what the history is here. Now, you write about this in the book, which I'm very glad. And you take us all the way back to an uprising that took took place in 132 A.D.. That's a good place for us to start. What happened.
S6: When? 32 to 135 A.D., a revolt against the Romans and, uh, the, uh, Emperor Hadrian wanted to humiliate the Jewish people, and he thought, okay, uh, beyond doing what we did and killing the people and torturing and then stealing and doing whatever we did, taking control, we are going to change the name of Jerusalem, uh, with the word Capitolina, and we're going to change the word of Israel to the word Palestina. Uh, and, uh, that was at the time just to take any vestige of, of, of Jewish heritage, any, anything Jewish, just to humiliate the Jewish people. Uh, it stuck and and and people started to use the word Palestine to describe a piece of land that we know today as Eretz Israel, the land of Israel. Uh, and it was not a big issue. Uh, Janet, I mean, nobody cared. It was the wrong word, but nobody cared until 1948 or slightly after that. Uh, because it was always describing a land, a piece of land where Palestinian Arabs and Palestinian Jews lived together on that piece of land. And then, uh, in the early 60s, come this man, Yasser Arafat, who is about as Palestinian as you and I. He was born in Egypt. Uh, and, uh, he comes in and he's put on the stage and he starts pushing the agenda of a displaced people, of colonization, of occupation. And at first a lot of people looked at him going like, this is not going to stick. This is crazy. We don't believe. But it took, what, 50, 60 years? And now nobody's questioning it. And now we have a, by the way, the modern Palestinian flag. Janet, I wish I wish this was a video thing that you could I could show you something because the modern Palestinian flag pretty much is the Jordanian flag, minus that little white star in the triangle on the left. It's exactly the same color, the same design. I have a dictionary. A French dictionary, uh, from 1939. It's the Petit Larousse. It's the dictionary that to this day is published every year. And so it's been published for almost 300 years now. And the 1939 version, you open it on the the page with the flags on the left. You have Germany, which has a swastika on a red square with a white circle. That's the Nazi regime, 1939. That makes sense. On the right you have the flag of Palestine, which has a white square, a blue square, and a yellow star of David in the middle.
S1: Mm. Wow. Unbelievable.
S6: People don't.
S8: Know. People don't know that they go like.
S6: What is this? Is there a mistake? No. Because back then, 1939, nine years before 48, Palestine was a piece of land. It became politically charged, as it is today, even more so. But before that, the word state. I wish it, you know, even in the Bible commentaries, you know, a lot of people talk about in ancient Palestine and the word stayed and people used it, and then it got used to create a people that does not exist to create a there are basically there's no Palestinian language, Palestinian culture, Palestinian customs, Palestinian food. It's Arabs. Nothing wrong with that. But they are not Palestinians. They are Arabs that were from the neighboring country all around Israel.
S1: Exactly right. And you mentioned Jordan. You know, if there ever were such a thing as a two state solution, that won't happen because the presupposition is both parties want peace. The PLO does not, by the way. So you look at Jordan, 85%. Quote unquote Palestinians. The Hashemite minority makes up about 15%. So it's interesting because Jordan says, thanks. No, thanks. We don't want anybody from Gaza. Egypt puts up wall says, no thanks. We don't want anybody from Gaza. So why won't these Arab nations, if they're all Arabs? And you're absolutely right. Why aren't they welcoming in the Palestinians?
S6: Yeah, they don't want, but they well, first of all, they don't want anybody from from Gaza because they don't want the trouble that they would get if they get people from Hamas, they know they know what they get, you know, what would happen. But they insist on not taking these people back, because keeping the people in the, uh, you know, in the within the boundaries of, of Eretz Israel, the land of Israel is serving their agenda of of pushing the the idea of occupation and Colonization and stolen land. If they take the people back then, then they can't. They don't have. They have nothing to talk about.
S1: That's exactly right. By the way, that language from the river to the sea. I've pointed this out. It doesn't make any difference whether it was the Wye Plantation, Oslo, all of the Rose garden ops handshake in front of a president. Every single time that they try to move toward a two state solution, the directive is always that the PLO has to remove the language from their charter from the river to the sea, which calls for the annihilation of the Jews genocide. By the way, if anybody is accused of genocide. Trust me, it's not Israel. But that language to this day still remains. Which is why the use of that chant in the events that we're seeing on college campuses across the country is not by accident. And this is a spiritual war. I find this conversation extremely important and absolutely for people who are going to be thinking at a 400 level spiritually, this is not your entry level Sunday school class. You need to understand that this is a big issue spiritually and that anti-Semitism isn't happening by accident that if you put it in the big picture, all of this shouldn't come as a surprise, particularly when you look forward with joyous anticipation of the return of Jesus, the Messiah. anti-Semitism in the End Times. New book by Lily Melnick. It's called how anti-Semitism in the anti. The subtitle says how the rise of the world's oldest hatred is paving the way for Messiah's return. I've got a link on my website so you can preorder. I also have a link to Shalom and Messiah. Com check it out back after this. Jesus told us to go into the world and not run away from it, and he didn't say it would be easy. In the market with Janet Parshall is a program designed to come alongside and walk with you into the marketplace of ideas. Partial partners are those friends who support our program on a regular monthly basis. They know the mandate of influencing and occupying until he comes. So why don't you become part of the inner circle of support? Call 877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall dot. Well, in full disclosure, I can already tell you that Olivier Melnick is going to have to come back again. There's just too much in this book for us to get out in one hour. And that's a good thing, because I think this is a conversation that bears repeating. If you're just joining us, the warmest of welcome. So glad for the 21st century. And it's technology, you won't miss a thing if you'll simply go to where your favorite podcast can be found. Download in the market with Janet Parshall. Put in today's date and our conversation with Olivier Melnick, who is the founder and executive director of Shalom in Messiah Ministries. He is the son and grandson of Holocaust survivors from France. He's an international speaker and authority on the topic of anti-Semitism. The author of multiple books, he advocates against anti-Semitism in all its forms, and his ministry seeks to educate and mobilize Christians to fight the hate while building bridges with the Jewish people. His new book, which is going to be released later this year but you can now pre-order it, is called anti-Semitism in the End times. How the rise of the world's oldest hatred is paving the way for Messiah's return. So there's this wonderful section in the book where you really do a timeline, going from the Church Fathers all the way to the Holocaust, and former forward that talks about anti-Semitism. And I think that's extremely important for people who don't know world history and exactly what the Jews have had to go through and how anti-Semitism has manifested itself in millennia. And then you move to a section which I found fascinating, called the New and More Dangerous Age of anti-Semitism. And you use a phrase that I found intriguing called eschatological anti-Semitism. So let me, before we get into this, ask a question, which is, and I don't think I'm the only believer in Jesus who had the same thought. Why, after the atrocity that was committed on October 7th, 2023, when you would have thought that the sensitivities and sympathies of the world would have said, you don't put babies in ovens, you don't butcher children, you don't kill mothers who are holding babies in their arms. The list goes on and on and on. The word atrocity doesn't come close to describing what you saw on that date. By the way, for the record, I was invited by the Israeli embassy to see the 43 unedited minutes of footage. I said no, because you can't unsee what you've already seen. I knew enough to know that it was, and I'll use the word again demonic. I didn't need to see it again. But after that event, Olivier, anti-Semitism didn't go down. It went up. Why?
S9: Uh, I think, uh, you know, I.
S6: I think it went up because we are in that time of our history where, uh, and that's the case. I'm trying to, uh, to, to to, uh, make in the book we are in the end times. We are in, uh, you know, I don't like to to do too much or any at all, uh, what's called newspaper exegesis. So I don't like to, to try to fit, uh, you know, uh, the. I'm very careful when I look at prophecy, but when I look at a prophecy, like for instance, people right now are talking right and left all all over the place about are we in Ezekiel 38, Gog and Magog? Well, it's Gog and Magog is going to happen. It's a real war. It will happen. But but we can speculate all we want. It's not going to get us any closer to it by speculating. But I can tell you right now that Zechariah 12 three is is happening in real time, in front of our eyes as we speak. The whole world is going to go against Jerusalem, against the Jewish people. In Zechariah 12 three is clearly happening right now. It says in the Bible, and if I can, if I can read that verse, uh, but it will be in that day that I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for that for all the peoples All heated up will be severely injured, and all the nations of the earth will be gathered against it. This is a time where everybody in the world is going to go against Jerusalem. Everybody. Now, that doesn't mean everybody like you and me and all included, but all the nations will be represented. They will not be one, one safe place, maybe to the exception of, of course, Israel. Uh, and so we are in that time right now where we're seeing there's no other explanation, Janet, uh, for for what's happening 2 or 3 days after October 7th, 2023, then to look at this and say, we are now in the in in the active time of fulfillment of Zechariah 12 three.
S1: Wow. I appreciate what you said about Ezekiel, and you and I share exactly the same timeline for eschatology. So I so appreciate everything that you just said. So when we talk about this rise in anti-Semitism is hand in glove with the anticipated return of Jesus before you and I are taken up. First Thessalonians, How is that going? What? And we don't want to put in. It's. I don't want eisegesis. I want solid exegesis. What does the word tell us in terms of what we should be looking for specifically about the Jewish people before Jesus has returned? Zechariah 12 three is certainly one of the passages we have to look at.
S6: Well, another passage you can look at is, um, uh, Ezekiel 36. Ezekiel 36 tells us about the return, and that's another I would venture to say, the two, the two prophecies that I can, you know, take to the bank right now is Zechariah, Zechariah 12 three, um, which, by the way, Zechariah 12 three, you need to read the rest of Zechariah 12, because Zechariah 12 nine, God tells us he will go after all the nations that go after Jerusalem, so no stone left unturned. God will punish all those who go against the Jews. That's the the two bookends of Zechariah 12. If you if you will. But in, in Ezekiel 36. 76. In. In the latter part of the of the chapter, right before the the division of the dry bones, we read that God is saying to the Jewish people, I will take you from the nations, gather you from all the lands, and bring you into your own land. Then I will sprinkle clean water on you. So what we see here is we see God saying, hey, I put you in a diaspora from 78 years. The destruction of the temple in Jerusalem to today, you've been you've been dispersed all over the world in the diaspora. I will take you back from the diaspora and bring you back into the land. Which land has not France? That's not America. It's Israel. And, you know, and, uh, and so we know that right now where we can see is the return of the Jewish people in unbelief, and that we're seeing it. We've seen a lot of it from the country that I was born in the country I'm from France. Um, they lost about 50,000, about 10% of their Jews over the last 15 or 16 years. And and Janet, here's a here's a question that I'm not even sure I have an answer for you, but it's a question that I'm asked often. Do you think that anti-Semitism is a reason why the Jews are going back to Israel? Is God behind that? Well, God is not the author of anti-Semitism, but as God and His Bible at times allowed for things to happen to the Jews that would force them into making a decision for him. The answer is yes. So, you know, it's part it's part of the equation. It's a hard one for me because we know God did not cause the Holocaust, but he allowed it to happen in his in his, uh, divine wisdom. He allowed for the Holocaust to happen. And so he's allowing this anti-Semitism to happen right now. And it's really, uh, in many ways, pushing Jews back to the land.
S1: Yeah, yeah. I think there's such wisdom in what you just said. So let me go back to 48. So is there any question in your mind? She asks, knowing it's at the core, a rhetorical question, but is there any question in your mind that 1948, when Israel was declared the Jewish state, that that was the fulfillment of prophecy?
S6: No. There's no. Well, I have a slightly different approach on this, because some people and I don't know if this is you as well. Some people say, can a nation can a nation be born in one day? And then they look at this and they go, this is a fulfillment that took place in 1948. I think the verse that says, can a nation be more than one day is going to be the saving of the Jews at the end of the tribulation? That's what it's referring to. 1948, to me, is a prerequisite for prophecy being fulfilled. Israel has to exist for all those prophecies to be fulfilled. So I don't think anywhere in the Bible you can find a definite verse where you can be dogmatic about 1948 being prophesied, but it's a prerequisite. That's my position on it.
S1: And I heartily concur. So now let me ask another question, because this is a debate we're hearing in the church writ large recently, and I want there to be gracious conversation here. So come, let us reason together. So you quoted Zechariah. You quoted Ezekiel. You talked about the precursor in the fulfillment of prophecy of Israel in 1948. But that really begs the question, is there anything that you and I could take away from Scripture that says, somehow between Malachi and Matthew, Israel, the nation is no longer Israel, the nation in the New Testament. It now is the church capital C universal. And when you talk about being grafted on, you tear away the non-believing Jews. You graft on the believing Gentiles. That's what we're talking about. That tree represents the church. That's not the nation of Israel. That's what some are saying. What do you say?
S6: This what you just described, Janet is known in many circles as replacement theology. And, uh, it's, uh. Okay, let me let me let me be, uh, mild about it. It's from the pit of hell.
S8: Let me be subtle and mild about it. Um.
S6: Replacement theology is a false theology that you, uh, you just explained very well that says that the Jews had their chance. They they rejected Jesus as the Messiah. So now God is turning to the Gentiles, the Gentiles. And you say, you know what? You're the new Israel now. And, uh, you first of all, there's about 70 plus, uh, 72, 73. Uh, it depends on what version you look 70 some occurrence of the word Israel in the New Testament. You would have to do theological gymnastics to make them mean the church. They just don't. They just don't. And, uh, the the problem I have with, with the church replacing Israel is that if the church replaces Israel, then basically what we are saying is that the promises that God made are not. It didn't really make promises that you're going to keep, and maybe we can pick up on that when we come back, because that's important. We need to finish that one.
S1: Oh, two peas in a pod. Olivier, I'm so glad you said that, because that is huge. This isn't just about replacement theology. This is questioning at its core, the character of God. Does he not keep his promises? Is he not a promise keeping God? So I'm so glad we're going to return to this. This is why I say, Olivier, count on it. I need to talk to you many more times than just today. The brand new book that is coming out is extremely important for you to read. You can preorder it anti-Semitism in the End Times. Have a link on my information page so you can do just that. More with Olivier Melnick, President and executive director of Shalom and Messiah right after this. We're visiting with Olivier Melnick, who's the president and executive director of Shalom in Messiah. It's a nonprofit organization that exists to expose and fight anti-Semitism, as well as equip and mobilize Christians to lead the Jewish people to Messiah. Amen and Amen to that. He has a new book. He's a prolific author, but he's got a new book coming out that you can preorder right now called antisemitism in the End Times How the Rise of the World's Oldest Hatred is Paving the way for Messiah's Return. I also have a link to his ministry Shalom, Shalom in Messiah. Com and we've gotten to a very key and crucial point in our conversation that must be addressed with grace, always seasoned with salt. But this idea that's being promulgated that somehow between Malachi and Matthew, God changes his mind and all of the promises he makes about the nation of Israel and the Jewish people are somehow replaced in the New Testament, and it no longer means the nation of Israel or the Jewish people. It means the church capital C universal. And this. You touched on this, Olivia, just before the break. And I think it's profound, and it really is the linchpin in this entire conversation. The implication here is that God doesn't keep his promises. It's questioning the character of God. Talk to me about this.
S6: Well, that would mean yes. That would mean that he is both a covenant breaker and a liar. Because God made eight covenants with mankind, five of them were made with Israel out of the eight, and the other three were with with mankind in general. The five he made with Israel, four of them are unconditional and eternal. Unconditional means simply that he will do what he says he will do, regardless of Israel's performance or obedience. And that's really important because we, the Jews, have disobeyed God multiple times, and it's all in the Bible. But God said, when it comes to the Abrahamic covenant, you know, Genesis 12, Genesis 15 he said, I will bless you. I will give you land, I will. And it's based not on our performance but on his character. And so, so God is not going to break his promise. And the question I have, the challenge I have for your audience is that if God is going to change his position. He's going to break his promise and say, hey, you know what? I'm done with the Jews. It's all to the Gentiles. Now then, maybe salvation through through faith and the salvation that we have, maybe it's not that secure. Maybe we can lose our salvation because maybe God will change his mind on how we can get to him.
S1: Exactly.
S6: So, so, and I want to read a quick verse in first Corinthians, which is, uh, this is where I like to start. When I talk to people that believe the church has replaced Israel, it's in the context of, uh, in the context of, of of food not to be eaten. It's first Corinthians 1031, whether then you eat or drink or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God. Give no offense and listen to those groups. Give no offense either to Jews or to Greeks or to the Church of God. Wait a minute. If the Jew, if the Greeks have replaced the Jews, then what? Do we have three groups in there because the church is made of Jews, Gentiles who have accepted Yeshua as the Messiah, who died for their sins. And once they get into the body, they remain Jews and Gentiles. But they are redeemed, they are saved, and they don't lose their ethnic background.
S1: Yeah, exactly. What about the faults? And this is very simplistic, but let me ask it this way. What about the people who think that one of the reasons that it is the church is because the Jews have, quote, turned their back on Jesus. I'm looking at the track record for the Gentiles thinking we got some problems in that area as well.
S6: My goodness, if turning your back on Jesus was to get you forgotten and replaced by another people group, God would change things all the time.
S10: Yes, people turn.
S6: Their back on Jesus. Even believers turn their back on Jesus on a regular basis.
S10: That's cool.
S6: It's called backsliding. So, so. But, but going back to the covenants. The covenants are the foundation of the Bible. The covenants are unconditional and eternal. You will not change his mind. God is not human, that he would change his mind. That's. I'm quoting a verse. I can't remember the address now, but God is not a man that he would change his mind.
S10: Yes. And he's.
S6: Promised. He's promised he would also never, never forsake Israel. There's so much more we can talk about. Janet, I'm so glad you want me to come back, because we have a lot more to talk about.
S1: Oh, a ton, a ton. And I, I have to tell you, I think this is one of the most important issues before the church right now, because I'm, I'm grieved when I see anti-Semitism being espoused by people who have made a profession of faith in Jesus Christ. To me, I don't know how water and oil can coexist. That that makes absolutely no sense to me. And I want to understand that. But then also, I'm very interested in making sure that my Jewish friends come to know Yeshua as Messiah. I pray for that regularly. I'm so glad Craig and I love and support ministries that are working in Israel to do exactly this right now. On that note, from your vantage point and you know what Chosen People is doing, you know about the work that you do through Shalom and Messiah. Is there a stirring in the midst of this anti-Semitism, do you sense a stirring among the Jewish people?
S6: Yes. I have been going to Israel. I've been there twice since the war for ministry purposes. And I'm supposed to go in August again if we can go. And we have been going there to bring supplies to the IDF to work with them. And I could tell you all kinds of stories another time. But you can see in the eyes of the people, I just got a video of thank yous today. They look at you and they go like, what are you doing here? What are you bringing? And it gives us opportunities to say, this is what we do because of what the Bible tells us. And there is a yes, there is an opening because there is no hope without Yeshua. And people see that we are, you know, people that are really putting their money where their mouth is. They're real. They're in Israel, they're making a difference. And I'm not saying that you can only make a difference if you go to Israel and help, but but you have to do something. We have at this point in our history, Christians have to put skin in the game.
S10: Because we.
S6: Don't know how much time we have left. And, uh, and there was so much I wanted to share with you about, uh, about this, um, how we at Gentleman Masai are equipping Christians to actually open their homes to become the new Righteous Among the Nations. We have to do another show just on that.
S1: Oh, I would love to be able to do something like that. Let me share with you. I talked to a friend who has a ministry that works in the Middle East, and he shared how there were some in Israel Orthodox Jews, if you can believe this, Olivier, Orthodox Jews who went to him and said, please share about Jesus. Because when the Muslims come to know Jesus, we end up having peace. So this is the idea that they're being wooed, they're seeing something different. If we can look at this rightly, because he's not willing that any should perish. And by the way, if you're reading the Bible, if you're going through life with the newspaper in one hand and the Bible in the other, you know that even in eschatology, the Jews play a significant role. So Jewish people are not going away anytime soon. So we need to understand this so that we can defend, we can protect, we can share the good news. We can fight anti-Semitism, while also introducing Yeshua as the much anticipated, long hoped for Messiah of the Jewish people. Olivier. The book is fabulous. I'm lucky I got a chance to read it ahead of time, so I hope my friends can catch my enthusiasm for this book. Like I said, it doesn't come out until October 7th of 2025. Not by accident. I brilliant move on your part, Olivier, to have it come out on the two year anniversary of that massacre. But you can pre-order it now and you can get it. I've got a link for you to be able to do that. And now, for many of you, this is your first exposure to Shalom and Messiah Ministries. I hope it's not your last. And Olivier, I'm going to tell you, my A is like the Bible says, I'm keeping my. Yay! I'm calling you back soon because I felt like we just did a thimbles worth of an ocean full of information in this book. It is tremendous. And praise God for the work that you're doing. May your tribe increase. Thank you, friends, so much for joining us. We'll see you next time on In the Market with Janet Parshall.