S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Well, apparently the word's out on the street, and people are saying, I love this. Good morning. Can I get the article for today? Okay, we don't always have an article, but today we do, and it's a good one. There's a celebration on the Jewish calendar that is amazing. And it's these are celebrations that we need to look at from time to time and go, huh? I wonder why that's there. Whether it's Feast of Booths. I mean, my goodness, we've got the Great One coming up here. Are you kidding me? Passover. Here we go. But what we what we really have in this book of Esther is a celebration of God's providence over the roll of a dice. And it's it's so cool. We're going to give you this link here in just a moment, but there is a proverb that speaks to this. Let me tell you why. Christ's followers should never get scratch-offs, why Christ's followers should never get lottery tickets. Why Christ's followers should never go to casinos. First off, it's dumb. Secondly, you're going to lose. How do I know that? Because God loves you. God loves you. Here's the passage. Proverbs 1633. The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. Oh, I guarantee you this right now. It is not God's will for you to be a mega lottery winner. I can say that unequivocally. It is not God's will for you to be a mega lottery winner, Carl.
S3: Even if I promised to give a lot of money to the church, right? Oh.
S2: That's classic. No, no. That's classic. That's the normal response.
S4: Of course.
S2: God, if I win this, I'll give more than 10%. Oh, way to tip God there, junior. Way to go! No! No! Why? Why? Why not gamble? Why? Why not get a mega lottery ticket? And I'm going to go off on this one. Why not? Where are those monies coming from?
S5: Uh, what do you mean, where? Oh, the money that you.
S2: You win the money. Where does it come from?
S5: Well, it comes off of the backs of all the people who wrecked their lives trying to gamble. Yeah.
S2: Yeah. Think about this, man.
S5: One person wins. About 32 million. Lose.
S2: Trust me, if Matthew got called out of the tree. The tax collector. If. If. Matthew. If a tax. Here's the bottom line. If a tax collector is getting busted by Jesus, and he goes back and he makes right those wrongs by times four For if you win the mega lottery, the direct application of that passage is you might have won $100 million, but you need to give 400 million away because it's on the backs of people that can't afford it.
S5: Yeah. I also just looked this up. The United States has 58 million active gamblers, 58 million. So I was even low when I said 32 million people, 58 million people are active gamblers in the US.
S2: And we know it's a problem because we got public service announcements everywhere telling kids to stop this. And now, you mentioned something earlier that the amount of harassment that's online right now, when, let's say, even a college team loses a game if somebody gambled on it, and then they start railing against athletes that they think lost the game.
S3: I saw an ad actually kind of like another public service announcement, basically saying, don't do that when you gamble. If you lose, don't threaten these student athletes. I thought, what in the world?
S5: It's crazy. Don't threaten children.
S3: We're having to tell people this. I was shocked.
S2: The.
S6: Same thing.
S2: When we saw that ad. My my bride said the same thing. She said what? We're having to warn people. Don't harass kids.
S3: Because you lost a bet.
S5: Doesn't surprise me in the slightest either.
S2: By the way, that was a really good ad. I think I saw the same one as you. Does it have the squiggly line going through all those pictures of all these athletes and students?
S3: I don't even remember. I think I was doing something else and just heard it, and it just caught my ear because it was so odd.
S6: Yeah.
S2: Here's the amazing thing. God ultimately orchestrates this stuff. And we find in the book of Esther that God allowed Haman to roll the dice. Only God got the final word on this thing. I'm going to give you details about the story coming up, and let's give away this article right now.
S3: This is an article from Doctor Michael right now. This is going to be a great resource on a pure Purim. Purim? How do you say it?
S2: Well, we don't say it rightly either way. So Purim is fine.
S3: Purim. Okay, then just text the word lots to 800 555, 7898 text lots to get the resource for today. Lots to 800 555 7898.
S2: Yeah. Here's what Michael answers in this article. What's going on in the book of Esther? Why was it written? And do we see God's providential hand? We do. We'll break it down. Heyman coming up.
S1: You can take him out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of him. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: All right, we're going to show you how not to do it so that we can learn how to do it. It's sometimes a great way to observe Scripture. Heyman is his name. Tell me about Heyman, young Thunder.
S5: Oh man, Heyman is a jerk. I don't like Heyman.
S2: Heyman was a bad dude, man.
S5: He's a bad.
S2: Dude. What do you think he looked like?
S5: Oh man. So the only thing I. I can get when I think of Heyman is Veggie Tales. Veggie Tales. There was the story of S.
S2: That was coming.
S5: And, uh. And the potato I think he was a potato played Heyman. And so I just think of the of the kind of like any he had like little squinty eyed potato with a little, uh, hairline mustache. And so that's what I think of when I think of Heyman. And I can't change it. It's just stuck in my head like that.
S2: Things you thought you would not hear when you ask a question.
S5: Yeah.
S3: Veggie tales.
S5: I know, right?
S2: For 500 right there. I just I just won.
S5: You just.
S2: Won. I did not know that was going to pop up. Okay. So Heyman bad dude. Tell the story.
S5: Yeah. So Heyman's the right hand man of Xerxes. And and he's pompous and he wants everyone to bow down to him and you know and we talked a little bit about this yesterday. Heyman is walking out in, you know, in front of the temple and or not in front of the in front of the palace. And Mordecai, who is a relative to Esther, is is sitting out there, and he wants everyone to bow before him as he walks by because he goes, hey, I'm I'm high up. You guys better recognize and and Mordecai says, no, I'm not doing it. I'm you know, you're not a man of God. I don't have anything to do with you. I'm not bowing to you. And and Haman is so offended by this. He says, I'm going to take it out. Not just on Mordecai, but on Mordecai, his entire entire people group. So he he basically he he tells the king, listen, there's this people group out there that's following laws that aren't your laws, and you have no benefit of keeping them in your kingdom. He goes, let me take care of it. The king says, yeah, go ahead, take care of these people. He doesn't tell him it's the Jews. And he says, you know, I'm going to go take care of these people for you. So he makes an edict to say, let's kill all the Jews, identify every single one of them in our entire empire, and then let's kill them. And Mordecai is going to be one of them. He makes a gallow specifically for Mordecai to die on. But before he sends this edict out, he decides, hey, let's put a little gamble to it and decide when this is going to happen by casting lots. And so he basically throws down a set of dice to see when when he's going to set it out. And in God's providence, it landed on 11 months away.
S2: The 13th day of Adar, which was 11 months away. The OP, I mean, a full, almost a full calendar year away.
S5: And he had every right to just say, send the edict out now. Let's get it moving. Today he could have done that. He decided not to. And in God's providence, it gave Esther and Mordecai enough time to talk with the King about this, to hear about it, talk with the king about it, and then let the king know so they could stop it.
S2: We got a we got a resource for you. There is a celebration two day celebration called Purim. P u r I'm and it is celebrated to this day. It's a celebration of the dice being rolled by Heyman that came up so far out that it gave time for the providence of God to work. It's a pretty cool celebration. Isn't that cool? They're celebrating. Heyman's rolling of the dice per is lots. Lots are dice rolling or short straw. It could be either.
S5: Probably not the action Heyman wanted of his to be celebrated, but by God's providence, it is.
S2: Got it nonetheless. We got a resource for you right now.
S3: Just text lots to 855 five 7898. Lots to 800 555 7898.
S2: So lots were thrown by God's people for thousands of years. When did it all change? And what does that mean for you coming up?
S7: Well, I better lose a gambler. Yeah, just throwing snake eyes. Oh, love ain't got me down That heartache I know. Around the corner lies my fool's Paradise. Just another roll of the dice. Oh, yeah. Oh, my.
S2: It's not his.
S7: Fault. I mean.
S2: The boss sounds. Every song sounds the same.
S5: They really do.
S2: Every song sounds the same.
S5: There's no variation.
S2: It's so funny, man. You hear that? And you're like, all right, man. Born in the U.S.A.. He just sits in the same key. And you just keep going, man.
S6: Glory days.
S2: Yep. Same thing. It just keeps on rolling.
S5: That's so funny.
S2: Um, so we don't roll dice anymore. What do we do, Ali?
S3: Seek the power of the Holy Spirit.
S2: When did that happen?
S3: I mean, the day of Pentecost.
S2: Yeah. It's a it's an astounding observation here. If you look in the New Testament, you find that they were rolling dice, casting lots, even to fill the slot of Judas's discipleship. He's gone. Matthias was coming in. They rolled dice to find out who would be selected. But they're never rolled again. I'm going to give the floor to you guys. Why is this so powerful now?
S3: Why? I find this really fascinating one, the timing of it. Because I just literally last night was reading and and not even this passage, another one about lots and I and I was like, I wonder what that is. So I love that we're talking about this today. But I mean, the desire to see God's sovereign will, as Doctor Michael Wright described to us, the rolling of the dice at the time was a guarantee that that that God would be controlling the outcome.
S2: Because he does.
S3: Because he does. So there was no influence of anyone else. But we don't have to rely on that sort of roll of the dice, because we have now have the leading of the Holy Spirit. But here's the thing, though. Do you think that sometimes rolling the dice would feel easier?
S2: Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah.
S5: Absolutely.
S3: It's definitive. Everybody can see it. You can't miss what it says.
S5: It's a literal sign. Do this.
S3: Exactly. And so I think most people would say, give me the literal sign, please. If I have the choice between the two, they could be tempting to be like. Can I get a literal sign?
S2: Yeah. This is why you don't want to do you don't want to use Gideon's story of putting out a fleece as what you're doing, because the the fleece that he put out was an act of disobedience, because God had already told him what to do. Yeah. So you don't want to use that as a proof text. And here we find in Proverbs 1633, the lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the Lord. Don't go to a casino. Don't do scratch offs. Don't do any of that stuff. Because in the new Covenant, we don't cast lots. Roll dice. We don't gamble, we get led by the power of the Holy Spirit. That's the power of Pentecost.
S4: Okay.
S3: Oh, go ahead, Jonathan.
S5: I was going to say, I think of John 1027 where Jesus says, my sheep hear my voice and I know them and they follow me. Is is that's kind of the new the new way of doing it is when we are in Jesus, we have the Holy Spirit. We know his voice. So when he calls us, yeah, sometimes we want to go and get counsel and say, you know, but at the same time, God's using all these things to bring it together to where we can hear his voice and say, I know God's calling me to do that.
S3: Okay. So, Carl, so, so someone who's facing a decision, let's say they come to you, you're a pastor. Like, is it wrong for me to ask God to show me in a specific way? Is that a wrong way to seek to be led by the power of the Holy Spirit? Could these work together? Obviously, I'm not going to roll a physical dice, but I mean, you've heard of people who look for closed and open doors. Like I feel that God opened this door. Isn't that similar?
S2: Okay, so you just gave me three there. So let's let's deal with the last one first. Be careful with open door prayers, because Satan is more than willing to open doors of opportunity that maybe are not from God. That's one. Secondly, is it bad to ask God for wisdom and insight? No. What do we find? My bride and I were up early this morning praying together. And what do we find in verse five of James one? I think it's verse five. If you lack wisdom for the trial that you're going through, check me on that. If anyone lacks wisdom, let him ask of God. And God wants to freely give us that wisdom when we're going through that trial. Yeah, I'm certain it's verse five.
S5: Yeah. James one five.
S2: Yeah. So we. Open door can be dangerous. Have you ever seen that God opens doors for us that we realize in retrospect, it's like, whoa. There's there's an open door here. Sometimes open doors are from the Lord, sometimes they're not. And by the way, this is why we need to be careful with this, because even the apostle Paul says in first Corinthians 16 verse nine, he said, look, I want to come see you in Corinth, but right now I'm going to stay on in Ephesus for a wide door for effective work has opened to me. And there are many adversaries. So does Paul use open door policy? Yeah, but there's there's something even deeper still. And that is this and proven, by the way, with what Paul said. Notice we often look for open doors or windows of opportunity or signs that God's leading because it will be absent, maybe of conflict, or maybe some of the question marks will evaporate because it'll be a clear sign. Yeah, this is a boulevard of opportunity in front of me. But according to Paul in first Corinthians 16, verse nine, that wide door for effective work actually was met with resistance from the evil one, because there were many adversaries. So this is a great question, Ali. And this is a really, uh, there's a there's a very clear answer here. If we look at what God's will is for our life, it's pretty conclusive. Even if you look at First Thessalonians chapter four, verse three, and I steal this from John Piper from about 25 years ago. It's been that long. He was asked by someone, how can I know the will of God? And he? You. He went to first Thessalonians four, verse three. Now it goes on to talk about abstaining from sexual immorality. But it's a good enough standalone where Paul says, this is the will of God, your sanctification. So God's will for our life is that we would grow up in him. Have you ever noticed that the things that cause us to grow Often we head into with trembling and apprehension.
S3: Absolutely.
S2: Yeah. And sometimes we find things that grow us up, that we're at the same time begging. God, God, take this cup from me. But then we need to remember what Jesus even said on the Mount of Olives. Not my will, but yours be done. So was Jesus on the right path when he went to the cross?
S5: Of course he was.
S2: Of course he was. Was it hard? Of course. Brutal. He took the sins of mankind on his shoulders, man. And on his heart. He took it all the way to the cross. So I remember the first time I used this. It was really cool. I remember the first time after hearing John Piper share this. So it had to have been maybe more than 25 years ago. Um, we were with a bunch of hundreds of single adults that were just growing and just going with God. And a guy came up to me after a Thursday night service and he said, hey, I've got an opportunity. How do I know if this is from the Lord or not? I said, well, let me run this by you. I opened up the Bible to first Thessalonians four verse three, and I said, if this move he was moving from little Rock to Dallas or that was what's in front of him. I said, if this move, based on opportunity and challenges alike, combined for an opportunity that's going to press you closer to God, maybe move you out of some apathy. And when I said that, he goes, man, that's it. He said, I feel like I've gotten so apathetic in my faith. And even the prospect of going to Dallas has already driven me to my face before the Lord. I go, you know, that could be God's dinner bell for you, that you're on the right path here. Because when something is going to drive us closer to the Lord, depending on him more, and is by virtue of making that move, that decision, that job that we take, that promotion that we take or don't take in that. Interesting.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Will cause us to grow up in our relationship with God. All of those things can be great indicators that we're on the right path. Here's the added thing that I would say. Not all doors. Okay, so let's rehearse this. Not all open doors are from God. Satan's willing to open plenty of doors for you. My goodness, we we don't have to explain that. We can all see things in our life that seem like. Whoa, look at that. We jumped in it and we're like, oh, that wasn't from God. Can we ask God for wisdom? And should we ask him for signs? Absolutely. Sometimes the wisdom that comes down from above is going to be God crossing someone in our path who's older and wiser in the Lord. And we ask them for counsel in many counselors is wisdom. But know this at the end of the day, any decision that's going to drive you closer to dependence upon God is probably a good decision to make. Any decision that's going aimed at giving you, um, a little more glory. And by the way, um, a little more platform. You know, I'd be suspicious of that, but there's a lot of you that are maybe on the cusp of applying for a new job, or looking for a promotion or looking for a new avenue. And by virtue of you taking this, you may get a little more exposure. Ali's going to share her story, but it's going to cause you to cling more closely to God. Wow, that could be a beautiful thing. So it's not a straight line. It involves getting some wise counsel around you. But it's a great question to ask Ali. This is the will of God, your sanctification. So any decision that you're facing today, just ask God, is this going to grow me up? Is this going to grow me up? Is this going to take me closer to you? And if it is, you might be on some solid ground. Get some wise counsel around you.
S3: Want to make sure you can get the show cast today. Maybe you heard that. And that's something you want to share with someone in your life who you know is facing a decision. Just get our show cast. You can send them the link. Just text show to 800 555 7898. Text show to 800 555 7898.
S2: Okay, we have not forgotten. We have not forgotten. What have we not forgotten? Well, you got to stick around for that.
S6: Hang on.
S1: A basketball mom who's mastered the dad joke. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: It's perfect.
S1: Time for.
S2: Ali to step in here, right, because we need a little levity. Ali. How about that for a setup?
S3: Okay. Sounds good.
S1: Making herself laugh. No matter who joins her, it's time for Ali thinks it's funny.
S3: Little pop quiz for my team to help me set up the first joke. Who's heard of? Who has heard of aquaculture?
S5: No.
S3: Yeah.
S2: Aquasana.
S5: People who drink a lot of water?
S3: No. Have you heard of aquaculture?
S2: Is it a band?
S3: No.
S5: Sounds like a band.
S3: Okay. So aquaculture is shellfish farming?
S8: Oh, I didn't know that. I didn't know that.
S3: Did you know that? That's an important part of the how we get food jobs ecosystem. Shellfish farming.
S2: Well, I'm not going to clam up. I'm going to tell you. Yes, I know that's important.
S3: I like it. Okay. Well played with the little pun. I like it.
S2: But I can't even get her but groaning on that stuff.
S3: So there was.
S5: A.
S3: Shellfish farmer. Guys, I'm going in on the joke. Just a heads up. It's coming, it's coming, it's coming. The people are waiting. Whoa! Oh, wow. Okay.
S8: Okay.
S3: So, the shellfish farmer, let's call him Dan.
S8: Okay.
S3: Dan really wanted to get in shape. Summer's coming. He's going on vacation. Dan, the shellfish farmer, decided to take up running. But there was a problem. He couldn't do it. You want to know why?
S5: Why?
S3: Pulled a muscle.
S2: That was worth the wait.
S8: That was good.
S5: That was good.
S3: I enjoyed that one, I really did.
S2: What's great is that you can't. You got to pull a muscle.
S8: You got a.
S3: Muscle. Okay, so I guess it's story time. I didn't realize both of these required a little one, a little bit of setup. So, uh, Rachel is our next character in our next joke.
S8: Our next.
S3: Character. Rachel started dating a new guy. He had a lot of great qualities, but her guy Rachel dated. Um, give me a name for her boyfriend.
S8: Ted. Ted.
S3: Okay. I like Ted. Ted's a gardener. So Rachel and Ted, they're dating. Ted's doing well in gardening, but at some point in time, Rachel goes. Ted, I'm sorry. I know you're a gardener. I can't marry you.
S5: Oh, no.
S3: Little too rough around the hedges.
S5: Oh, no, really, you know what? The music ran out, and I think it's just okay to leave it down on this one.
S3: Yeah.
S5: So I kind of like it with no music. You could just hear Ali wheezing.
S3: Come on, guys, we need video jokes. We need video of this. My eyes are watering. Text jokes rough around the hedges. Yeah, I can't read.
S9: She's just I, like, pulled the muscle even better.
S3: Like, pull the muscle was better. She has a victory sign in the air. Two incredible puns delivered text jokes to 800 555, 7898. Text jokes to 800 555 7898. Guys, this is the highlight of my morning.
S5: I'm glad.
S10: Because Ali thinks it's.
S3: Funny. I mean, I think I give myself ten out of ten for both of those.
S9: Well, the muscles.
S3: You like.
S9: The muscle was.
S2: Outstanding.
S3: Okay.
S2: Rough around the hedges.
S3: Huh? That one just got me.
S2: I'd give it a six.
S3: Okay, I'll take a six. I mean, if I'm above five, I'm winning.
S2: Oh, yeah. Oh, you're a winner.
S3: 805. Five. Five. 78. 98.
S2: Boy pulled a.
S3: Muscle, huh?
S2: Oh, okay.
S3: All right.
S2: Got a question for you guys right now. And, uh, how did Ali say that? Basically. Get out of my way. I've got some jokes to tell here.
S5: I mean, basically.
S3: People are waiting. People are waiting. People were waiting. Hello? There they go. Bottom of the hour. It's Wednesday. Don't make us wait for these delightful jokes. Ooh!
S11: Oh, now you're getting.
S2: Some interesting texts. We still love you, Ali.
S12: We still love you.
S3: Wow. I get it. It's. It's. Ali thinks it's funny. It's not for everybody, but it's for a lot of people.
S11: It is.
S3: Right.
S2: Okay. Uh, we've got a question for you right now. And listen, we've been talking faith all week, so maybe God's stirring in you right now. And you've got an answer to this question.
S3: What's the step of faith God's calling you to take today. This is going to be a step that glorifies God and is for the good of others. Give us a call or a text 805 55, 7898, 805, 55, 78, 98.
S1: He was sharing the gospel on the radio and then he got saved. Young thunders in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody radio.
S2: Ali by faith. God called you to do something and you weren't just absolutely certain of yourself. As a matter of fact, you were clinging to God. Give us the story.
S3: It's terrified to start working here. Are you?
S2: That's a good thing to hear.
S3: It really was. I didn't know much about Moody Bible Institute. I had lived in Chicago. I'd heard of it. I knew a lot of great people from my church who'd gone to school here. But Moody Radio wasn't really on my radar at all. I had a background in television news, did some reporting and anchoring, and even was a weather girl for about six months and then for the next 11 years of my life, I was a stay at home wife and mom. And so when this came, really what felt like out of the blue, I was excited but terrified because it seemed like this. I've never done radio. I didn't go to Bible school. I'm not great with early mornings. I have young children. So a lot of reasons why this seems like a not a good option stacked.
S11: Against you, but it made you cling to God.
S3: But it made me cling to God. So I started seeking God for wisdom because there's no way I would take a step like this without knowing it was from God. And I felt like I made that pretty clear. Like God, this has to you have to make this happen because this cannot be something I just take on. And it was terrifying. But it became over time very clear that this was what the Lord had for me. And so I stepped into it with trepidation and some fear. But clinging to God like God, you called me here. You've got to show up because I definitely don't have what it takes for this.
S2: It's brought glory to God. Good to others. And you've grown through it, which proves the point. God's primary goal for us, in anything that we step out in by faith is that we we enter into a sanctification process. We do. It's awesome. Joyce in Illinois, what do you say? Joyce?
S13: Yes. Hi. My step in faith was when I was driving my granddaughter home from school. I pick her up every day, and he has been prompting me and prompted me to share the gospel with her, to ask her if she had any questions about being saved, what it entailed. And I was terrified to start the conversation, but I did it. And before we got home, I got her into ordering a Bible. She's going to start reading that Bible, and she's going to start speaking with me every time she has a question. And Carl, I've been with you guys since 2011, and I've been growing and growing and growing and growing. God is great.
S2: Joyce, you are an inspiration. Stay on the horn because we got a prize pack coming your way. You didn't call because of it, but we're sending one to you. Joyce. That's inspiring. Sister. We love you, Joyce. We love.
S13: You. I love you, too.
S2: Oh, we love you.
S10: Wow.
S3: Cool story.
S2: Hold on a second. Hold on.
S10: Boom boom boom.
S2: Triple boom. And Joyce. Because that is. Come on.
S10: Now.
S3: Yeah, that. That trepidation that you feel like. Man, this could be awkward trying to talk to my 17 year old granddaughter. I mean, what if she gets mad? What if she doesn't want to hear it? What if it hurts our relationship?
S5: Yeah.
S2: Give us a call. God has prompted you to step out by faith, and it's for his glory and someone else's good. That's big. Two leading indicators. It's from God. Jeannette, first time caller in Tennessee. What's your story? Jeannette.
S14: Well, um, I was cruising down the road this morning on my way to work, and a gentleman caught my eye and I heard, you know, go give him some love. And I'm like, yeah, right.
S10: Right.
S14: It's like, okay. You know. Yeah. And so I turned around and went back and. Yeah, um, I approached him and we spoke for a minute. I asked him if I could pray for him. Um, I gave him a hug. And, you know, when I reached out to, you know, and I don't carry cash, but when I was told to give him 20 bucks and, you know, I. Yeah, I don't know who he was, but. Well, I do know his name is Corey, and I'm going to keep praying for him.
S2: That's beautiful.
S14: This is not something I do.
S2: That's okay. See, there's that's the point. Because you got to be. Listen, you don't take every testimony here as a proof text for something you've got to go do because, I mean, just having. Thanks, Jeannette. Boom. Sister from Tennessee. First time caller. But when when you do feel truly prompted to the Lord. And by the way, God's not going to put you in a compromised position. Faith is not reckless, is what I would say, but oftentimes it's out of the norm. And I love hearing her say, I don't do this all the time, like never. But it's a beautiful thing when God prompts us by faith to do something. Thad, let's get you in here from Alaska, my man. What do you say?
S15: Yeah. I just yesterday filled out an application for the ABC Crisis Pregnancy Center. Just have had it on my heart recently. Tried to run from it a little bit, and the Lord just prompted me hard again. And I don't know what I can provide, but it sounds like they're men that come there with their either their girlfriends or their wives and need counsel and coaching. And I'm just stepping out and hopefully I can contribute in one way or another to the glory of God.
S10: Amen.
S2: Dad? What's what, uh, what town are you in up there in Alaska.
S15: I'm in Soldotna.
S2: Soldotna. Bro, I used to go to solid Rock Bible Camp all the time, and I served there for several years. I'm an Alaskan, so I know you know where solid rock is. Right down the road from you, buddy. Way to go. I'm proud of you, Thad. Boom! Brother, stay on the horn. I'm going to give you Carl and crew prize pack. We're going to ship one to Alaska. Yes, it is in the United States of America. Some people get off the plane from Alaska and people go. Welcome to the United States. No, it's in the United States. It is in the United States. What a cool step of faith by Thad.
S12: Yes.
S3: Wow.
S10: Come on.
S3: Thad kind of ran from it for a little bit and then just took that step of faith to go. God, could you use me here?