S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Carl and crew on this. Freedom and freedom and Friday. I guess that's a way to say it. Sure. It's a it's freedom. And Friday, uh, overjoyed at what God's doing here this week. Just thrilled with your response, thrilled with the amount of you that are just going back to even listen to content and your lives are being changed. We have got a special treat for you today. The myth that we are debunking is the the cycle can't be broken. Some of you feel this way, and it can come and manifest itself in a lot of ways in your life. For some of you, it's an issue of salvation. You've not yet been born again. For some of you, it's an issue of going back to that old rugged cross and laying down your life all over again. But we're going to slide over to studio B, And you're going to hear the heart of Ben Fuller in a way like he himself says. I don't know if I've ever had an interview like that. It was an interesting time with Ben Fuller, and you get the entirety of it right here. Buckle up, get a swig of water, and God bless you today.
S1: This is curl and Crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You know, it's not often that I get to sit down with a fellow former cocaine user. We weren't in the same decade. We weren't in the same region. But we tried to find the same thing to fill the void. Didn't work, did it, Ben Fuller?
S3: No. It didn't. Man.
S2: It's good to have you in here today. It really is. And I just want you to pour out your heart. When I saw the bio sheet on you, I'm like, man, this guy rode hard, got put away wet, and then found Jesus. It's the coolest story from when you walk into a worship auditorium with a few thousand people and you fall on your face receiving Jesus Christ, the new life of Christ poured out in you. Back up from there, man. It didn't start that way, did it?
S3: No. Uh, Vermont grew up in Vermont. Vermont? Yeah, yeah. On a dairy farm. And, you know, I think I think looking back at 14.5 years of of cocaine, alcohol and sleeping around and all the things, it's like, I just wanted to hear that I was loved, you know? And I never got that from my dad. Really. And so it was like. And I realize now digging in further that my grandpa didn't tell my dad that and my dad. So my dad didn't tell me that, you know, it was this generational thing that was like passed down. We just don't talk about emotion. We don't talk about love, you know? Yeah. And it was just something that I. I wanted so, so badly. Um, so with that missing, I just, I had a headbutt relationship with my dad, you know, and it was like, man, I'm just. I just need to get out of here. And then it wasn't long. I was 17, 18 years old, went to a party, says, hey man, why don't you do a line of this? This will this will fix your this will fix your problems, man. This will take you away. This. This will numb it. Numb it all. Yeah, and I did. And so man with my personality, it was just, it was just I was a train wreck. And so I just started using and um left and right. And then the more I could, the more I used, the more I could drink and vice versa. And so next thing you know, I just became this, like, closet addict hiding in plain sight, you know? And I had it all together on the outside, but on the inside, man, I was just empty. And so I was looking, searching, seeking for something, I think, you know, just to fill that hole in my heart that that missing love in my heart. And, um, I lost my best friend December 16th, 2017 to heroin, you know, and Ryan, Ryan told me, uh, months before, um, man, it's everything that they said it was. Don't you dare try it. And he went to rehab and two weeks later he got out and and shot up and died. And it was all fentanyl. And, um, you know, I quit for a while after that, I stopped doing drugs. I was like, man, I'm not going to. I don't want to die. I, you know, I slowed down on the drinking, all the stuff, but it was like, man, I was doing it under my own power. Yeah. And so 2018 shows up and I start singing country music, right? You know, and and I'm just like, I'm going to go for it. And I had a lot of friends support me and a lot of friends pushed me down to Nashville. And so in the fall, I moved and I left my landscape career of 15 years and, um, left the dairy farm, and I went down to Nashville to think I could make it in country music. But God had other plans for my life.
S2: He put you in. He put you into an auditorium with 3000 crazies for Jesus. And what happened?
S3: Yeah, man, it was the fall of 2019. He used this family from Vermont Mont. That he moved there a year before I even got there, and they invited me to dinner. And after this dinner they said, Will you come to church with us? And I said, why not? Yeah, you guys fed me. I'll feed you whatever. I'll go. And, uh, man, I walked in and and it was like. And I tell people, for someone who spent 14.5 years as a drug addict, um, trying to get high and I've never been higher. And I stood there with my feet off the ground going, what is this? You know what has happened. What? At this.
S2: Where am I?
S3: This is what I've been looking for.
S2: The whole time.
S3: The whole entire time I was 32 years old. I stepped foot in that place and I stood right in the back. I didn't need to go to the front. I didn't need to go anywhere. I just stood right in the back. And I heard about this man named Jesus, not as a swearer, but as a Savior. And I said, Lord, come fix this. Come. Come on. I dare you to fix me because I'm so broken, I. I doubt you could even fix me. And man, like a wrecking ball. 20 beers a night. I was drinking ten, eight, two zero over the course of two months. I was like, I don't even like the taste of alcohol anymore. No more cocaine, no more sex. Why don't you wait for your wife? My whole life, I felt like Jim Carrey from Liar Liar. You know, I'm like, the pen is blue. I'm, like, trying to lie and I can't even lie.
S2: And the Holy Spirit had a grip on you.
S3: I just convicted with everything. So I was like, man, my whole life is shifted. But I know one thing is for sure that I was this way, and now I'm this way. And the only common denominator in there is a man named Jesus. Amen.
S2: You know, today we're talking about the myth, and we've been debunking them all week long. But the big myth that still dangles out there is, I can't break this cycle. And I guess there's truth in that. If the word is I. Yeah, but can the cycle be broken? It can, by the power of Jesus Christ, the power of the Spirit of God that indwells dwells us and takes us over. And I was we're going to do if I got Jesus. But but you said nah, man, I got one even before that. So I want you to just lean in, man. Let the Spirit of God roll right through you and pour out your heart. This song is going to resonate with folks.
S4: Who? Who?
S5: You broke through a thousand fences. Been rescued from a thousand ditches. You still swear you don't fit in. So you kick and scream and you're gone again. Wandering off into the devil's wind. How's it going out there? Acting like you ain't scared. And how's that? Half a stone ain't so hard when you're alone. Cryin tears you hope nobody sees. Guess the good news is he'll never leave you be. Cause Jesus loves you. Black sheep. You hate everything about you. You think we're better off without you? So you wear your pain out on your sleeve. And you paint it on in a rebel ink. But the alcohol and pills ain't fixed a thing. So how's it goin out there? Actin like you ain't scared. And how's that half A stone ain't so hard when you're alone. Crying tears you hope nobody sees. I guess the good news is he'll never leave you be. Cause Jesus loves you. Black sheep. Cause Jesus loves you. Black sheep. I can't tell you when I ain't no prophet. But there'll come a point in time when you can't stop it. The good shepherds love smells like smoke. There ain't no hell so low. Where he won't let the hounds of heaven God! SIC em! Let the hounds of heaven go. How's it goin out there? Actin like you ain't scared. How's that heart stone? Ain't so hard when you're alone. Cryin tears you hope nobody sees. Guess the good news is he'll never leave you be. And amazing Grace. It's a pesky, pesky thing. But the good news is he'll never leave you be. Cause Jesus loves you. Black sheep. Jesus loves you, black sheep.
S4: Oh.
S2: Man, that comes right from your belly, doesn't it, bud? You know, there's somebody listening right now, and this is so common. Ben. We were talking about this even before we went on air here that it's so easy to. That's why I love recovery ministry, but I also. It's also a very cautionary tale because there's a lot of people listening right now who they feel that black sheep, but they wonder, am I? Is my stuff big enough to even give to God because it feels so trivial. But anything that keeps us from the love of God. God's crawling out today, isn't he?
S3: Yeah, yeah. Amen. Amen.
S2: It's that real?
S3: Yeah.
S2: And I don't know what it is that has that nagging sense deep inside you that I'm unrecoverable. This death loop, um, of behavior can't be broken. It can. Yeah. The tomb is empty, and our God is alive. Ben.
S3: Yeah. Amen.
S2: It's just real.
S3: Yeah, it is real. Yeah.
S2: To the person that's just aching right now and wonders. And it's. It can be anything. From. What are they? It's food. It's it's outbursts of anger. It's unredeemed time. It's in the in. It's a ladder leaning against your 401 K. I mean, the list goes on and on. What do you say, Ben? Pour out your heart.
S3: Yeah. I just say, man. um, what else have you got? You know, one of my favorite Bible verses is John six, verse six eight. To whom else shall we go? You know, and Jesus was talking about all the people that left, you know, because it's getting too hard. It's getting too tough. You know, you can't do it anymore. And Peter said, my Lord, to whom shall we go? Only you have the words of eternal life. You know. So maybe you've tried everything like me and like you. You know, we've tried everything.
S2: We tried it.
S3: We tried it all and nothing worked. And, um. Man, it was just a dead end road every single time. And, um, if you're tired, you know, if you're listening and you're tired and you're sick and you're just like, man, I'm ready for something else. I want something more. I need something new, you know? Um. Isaiah 43. Look, I'm doing a new thing. Can't you see it? Just call on his name, you know, and that's what I can't. I can't say it enough. It's like, man, how did you get that, man? Where did you do that? How did you play the Grand Ole Opry with Carrie Underwood? Man, how'd you get that tour bus, bro? How'd you play Red rocks, man? How'd you do all these things? You know what? I don't know, but I know one thing is true. And his name is Jesus. Because I was trying to do all those things before and nothing was happening. I was just spiraling. I was drinking myself to sleep every night. I was I was wallowing in my pain all the time. And I was so tired and sick and lonely. You know, I called in the name of Jesus. So I would just say this. Ask him for yourself. Ask him for yourself, you know, and you'll see what I mean. You'll see exactly what we're talking about. If you ask Jesus into your heart. Romans ten nine says, believe in your heart and confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is Lord and that God raised him from the dead. And if you believe that, you will be saved, you know this isn't a joke. I'm sitting here covered in tattoos and and and six foot three and and, uh, you know, I lived a lot of years really hard. And, um, Jesus has saved my life, you know? So I don't care who you are or what you've been through, what you're going through. He can change everything. He can fix everything for you, and it's not.
S5: Going.
S3: To look pretty. And I think that's the thing. It took me months to to give up the alcohol. It took me months. Right. And and he's still working on my heart. He's still he's still changing me. But it's like, man, I can promise you he's going to he's going to change you.
S2: And he's merciful in that. Ben. I mean, one of my worst face plant relapses was three weeks after I was radically born again. Yeah, I was at my uncle's home, and I walked into the room at 3 a.m. into my bedroom. And I'm glad my uncle was awake to hear me cry out to God. And I just said, God, you saved me. Now kill me. Because obviously I can't win this battle. Yeah, and my uncle put his arm around me. He goes, no, no, we're going to we're going to get this. It's a step at a time out of this thing. Yeah. You know, you've written a song if if I got Jesus. Yeah. And you say in there, I've got it all. Do you believe that Ben Fuller?
S3: Yeah. I think because I've had all these things, I've had all these other things that don't mean anything. And I'm realizing that, too. You know, all these all these special things. And I just bought a farm in Tennessee, and I'm so grateful that God has opened the doors for that and, and all this stuff. And it's like, man, I've, like, walked the land. And it's so special and so beautiful and amazing and and a beautiful old house and all this stuff. And I'm like, man. But it's just that, yeah, it's just vanity.
S2: Red rocks, red rocks, the buses, the bus, the farm is the farm. But if I got Jesus.
S3: I got it.
S2: All. Give it to us. Come on, man. Pour it out. I will pour it out.
S5: I've had a dollar to my name. And I've had friends that walked away. And I've even lost myself a time or two. There were bridges crossed and burnt. But through all the wreckage I had learned. There's one thing that I could never lose if I got Jesus. I've got all that I could ever need. Take the world away from me and I'll be okay. If I got Jesus. There's a hope that's living deep inside. The joy that I could never hide. In a safe place to fall. If I got Jesus, I got it all. But I seen weakness turned to strength. And I've seen failures met with grace. And it's not from what I've done. It's Christ in me and on me. I can't explain all he's given Giving me his name. I'm the richest man I could ever be. If I got sick. I've got all that I could ever need. Take the world away from me and I'll be okay if I got sick. There's a hope that's living deep inside. Joy. That I could never hide. A safe place to fall. If I got Jesus, I got it all. Oh, someday that trumpet's gonna sound. And the King of heaven will ride upon the clouds coming down. Then I'll hit my knees. Oh Lord. Then sings my soul. Yes. I'm going home. If I got Jesus. I've got all that I could ever need. Take the world away from me. And I'll be okay. If I got Jesus. There's no hope that's living deep inside. Joy that I could never hide. A safe place to fall. If I got tears. I got it all. If I got Jesus. I got it all.
S2: You know you're listening right now. And you're thinking I want that. Jesus. You know, I want to be really clear with you what Jesus said. He said, don't let your hearts be troubled to his early disciples. And he's speaking to you today. He says, Believe in God. Believe also in me. And. Thomas actually said to him, he says, now, now, hold it here. I don't know exactly where you're going. And these boys don't either. And he said, I'm going to prepare a place for you, and I'm going to come again and take you to myself. That where I am, there you will be also. Then he went on to explain, he said, I am the way and the truth and the life. No man comes to the father but through me. And right now, today, right now, in this moment. See, just like Ben Fuller, you don't have to walk down a center aisle. You don't have to lift a hand in the air. You can fall to your knees right now and receive the love of Jesus. And he will change you forever. Right now. Right now. And so I just want to ask you right now. Is today your day? I'm going to have Ben pray over you in just a moment. But it's today, the day that you say I'm going a new way. I'm going God's way. That means that you've got to say this because repentance doesn't have sticky hands. It let goes of lets go of everything on this broad path that leads to destruction. But right now you're saying I'm done. I'm turning around and following Jesus. I'm saying no to everything that I've built my life around to this point in time. The cycle can be broken today through the shed blood of Jesus Christ. The tomb is empty. Our God is alive. The Holy Spirit is calling you out of darkness. Not Ben, not Carl. Holy spirit is calling you out of darkness into the light. Jesus said, I'm the truth. You're willing to embrace the truth? Hard truth. You're a sinner and you need a Savior. And his name is Jesus. And his arms are open wide. His arms aren't folded, they're open wide. And he says, I am the life, and he's going to fill you up with a life like you've never had before, my friend. And today is the day. And if this you. This isn't about you doing anything except falling on your face before God. You might be driving, but you're on your face. And you can wipe those tears away because you got a hand helping you. His name is Jesus. And if today is the day right now that you are turning around, I'm going to give you a resource here in a moment. But if today is the day when you're turning around off this broad path onto the narrow path, today is the day that you man up, woman up, and you say, I'm a sinner, I need a Savior. Praise God, because if you confess, as Ben said earlier, with your mouth, Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. And you know what God's saving you from? He's saving you from yourself. That's what he's saving you from. Because below cocaine, below stuff below 401 below significant status security is you. And I've got enough courage to tell you you're the problem. And Jesus is the answer. We got many surrendering to Jesus right now. Today. Ben, would you pray for him? Yeah.
S3: Father God, we just come to you and we just thank you. Thank you for the truth. Thank you that we don't have to have it all together. We don't have to have it all figured out that we can be a mess, that our lives can be falling apart, that we have nowhere to turn. Um. But, father, I just thank you for. For riding with us, for walking with us, for for loving us when nobody else does. For, for for being with us when nobody else is. Father, that we're not alone. Thank you. That you never leave us. That you never forsake us. That that that your love is everlasting. Lord. So we just. We turn to you. We look to you, father. You've done it for me. Yeah. And I'm so grateful you've done it for. For Carl. And I'm so grateful for his life. It's by the blood of the lamb and the word of our testimony. Father, I thank you for all the stories that are going to be told. Yes. After today, all the testimonies that are going to be told. It's like, man, I don't know. I was driving in my car, I called on the name of Jesus and I'm not sure what's happening. The wipers turned on and my car started running again. The tires suddenly had air in them and I could go. So hallelujah! We thank you. We thank you for all the people that have realized that. That it's you, Jesus, that they've been looking for. It was you, father, that I was looking for the whole time. Yeah, I love you. We love you. And it's in Jesus name, I pray. Amen. Amen.
S2: I want you to get out your phone wherever you are right now. Get your phone right now. Wherever you are, get to the side of the road. I'm going to help you with your first steps with Jesus. We're going to send you a link. I want you to text one word in because you are new. I want you to text the word new right now. Get your phone. Don't worry. I'm going to give you a number a couple of times. I'll give you time. Text the word new to 805 five, five, 78, 98. Right now, wherever you are, text new to 800 555 7898. We're here to help you take your next step with Jesus. And for some of you, this is your first step and you are on to a new path. And it's like, whoa, there is substance here. That's God calling you. Text the word new. Just one word to 800 555, 78, 98. We're going to have this right out to you. 800 555 7898. Ben Fuller.
S3: Wow.
S2: Wow.
S3: Thank you. Thank you. Yeah. Thanks for having me. I just I know that, uh, there were so many things that came against me to get here, and I know why. Yeah. So I'm just. I'm honored and and grateful to to tell my story. Um, you know, and and it's. Yeah. The devil hates me.
S2: Yeah. Thanks for that short arm and that thing. Thanks for giving it the full thing, man.
S3: Amen. Yeah. I don't know any other way.
S2: I can tell.
S3: It. him. Yeah.
S2: Ben Fuller, everybody. And God is in control. Welcome to all of you new in Christ Jesus today. Again, text the word new to 800 555 7898.
S1: He was running from God, but God's love brought him home. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: So overwhelmed by the goodness of God here this morning. So sweet to have Ben Fuller in here. Uh, what a guy. What a story. And I want to shout out the last four numbers of some telephone numbers that have surrendered to Jesus here today. And some of you maybe were were just grabbing your phone and you're like, Carl, what was that again? And we want to help you in your first steps with Jesus is to if today is the day when you have most clearly heard the voice of God saying, surrender all to me, give it all, we just invite you into the Kingdom of God. See if God is your father through surrender to His Son Jesus Christ. And the cry of your soul is, save me. I'm turning around. I don't have any sticky fingers. I'm going your way. God. You embrace the truth that you're a sinner who needs a Savior. You know, when you come to that point where you're at the end of yourself, that's when the work of God begins. Everything else has been the work of creation, the work of formation of you in the womb, the work of cutting through this fog of deception from Satan. But today you're new. And if today is your new day in Christ Jesus, welcome to the family. Just text the word new to 800 555, 78, 98. And All I can say is just welcome to the family. I'm going to shout out some numbers. These are surrendering to Jesus today on this Freedom Friday cycles being broken. And what Ben said. That is so right on. I need you to hear my heart here for a second. It's it's not a it's not an absolute straight line because now we're into this. As J. Warner Wallace said earlier this week, we're in this hallway with twists, turns, ups and downs, sucker punches from our blind side, all kinds of attacks down this hallway. But God's gifts and callings are absolutely irrevocable. In whom the son sets free is free indeed. And he will keep you, and he will guide you, and he will carry on to completion this work that he began in you. I want to welcome you to the family for 99277127299 just shouting out the last four numbers of your telephone number 59, 86, 73, 94, 41, 53, 69, 80, 57, 65, 21, 90, 91, 036, six, nine, two, two, five, 50, 77, 18, 29, 54, 36. 7603 0255 3778. Welcome to the family. I'm shouting out numbers. Last four numbers of telephone numbers from all across North America and beyond. Surrendering to Jesus today after hearing Ben Fuller's story and a couple beautiful songs in the Spirit of God cut through the darkness, man like tore down that big veil that's been held up 13, 51, zero five, 33, 30, 89, 83, 64, 1205, 91, 98, 64, 64, 26, 62. Welcome to the family. To all of you. 07904265. Welcome to the family. To each and every one of you. And God has begun this work in you. I want to add just a little bit of mustard to this link that you're receiving right now. I want to add and ask you to go tell two people this morning what Jesus has done in your life. Go tell. Go tell two people what Jesus has done in your life today. Let them know. Let them know. Share the joy that's in your heart. Share the questions that are in your heart. And then I want you to find a good church. A church. And we've got a link in this embedded in this little link that we sent out to you. This is maybe the most important thing. I forget what I titled that blog that we've got in there. Somebody help me.
S6: Yeah, I'll find it. I think it's, uh, seven things to look for in a church.
S2: Yeah, something like that. And these seven things are right from my heart to yours. Find a church that's going to put their arms around you. It's filled with imperfect but passionate people who love Jesus. And you find. You find that place. Get there. Fight through the war and get there. You're also going to hear voices in your head like that won't work. You're going to fail again. I need you to know that that is the voice of Satan. That's not just something rattling around in your head, and he's attempting to discourage and defeat you right when you get out of the chute, because now he's got one job that he wants to do. He wants to. If you can't keep your soul from God, he wants to keep your life from being unfruitful. That's what he wants to do. And that's this path that we walk down this hallway with bumps and turns and sharp edges. But God's going to navigate you through your your role is to stay as humble and teachable today, uh, throughout all the days of your life. And Katie bar the door. He's going to do something amazing. Want to acknowledge as well. 0103 welcome to the family. And it looks like 9533 might need some help getting that link to him guys, but that's beautiful. Coming up. I want to talk to you who feel like you were there once. You know what God's saying? Come back home. Come back home.
S1: You're listening to Curl and Crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You know, the interesting thing about repentance is I think we we sometimes believe it's like one and done, right. I mean, that's what we believe. And the fact is we get many opportunities, even on this path, this narrow path that leads to life to jump back on. There's this term that's used backsliding. It's really not a biblical term. I know what's meant by it, but it's nowhere found in the New Testament, that's for sure. But we find something else that's going on. There are these distractions, these off ramps on this path less traveled, called the narrow path of following Jesus. And it's a constant threat. Now, I don't want you to be freaked out by that, because this work that God began in you, Philippians one six, he'll carry on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. I would say that this the need, though, for us to stay humbly in close contact with God the Son and the Holy Spirit, experiencing the liberty of being led along by him, aware moment by moment that he is guiding us is paramount. It is. Boom. I mean, it's boom. We just got to stay there. And let me show you why. In the book of revelation, we find a revelation given to John on the island of Patmos, to the church of Laodicea. Now this is to the church of Laodicea. These are men and women of God. And they collectively had an issue that's so similar to the West today. This is like you can just you can just copy these words and layer it right over our lives. And many of you would resonate, and I believe the Holy Spirit will help you with this this morning. This is what Jesus says. He says, John, write this down. I know your works. You are neither hot nor cold. Would that you were either cold or hot. So because you are lukewarm and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. This is not the losing of salvation. God's gifts and calling are irrevocable. You didn't save yourself. You can't lose yourself. That's impossible. But it is possible. For born again children of God to get so lukewarm. Meaning? Tap water. Yicky. No one likes tap water. Nope. Just coming through the pipes.
S6: It's gross. I need it. Put some ice in that.
S2: Or some heat to it. One of the two. This. This is just about. Let's get. What are we doing here? And this is what Jesus says. For I say to you, you say you're rich. I have prospered, and I have need of nothing. Now stop here. Because relative to the world around us, the threat for our stuff, the access that we have to find satisfaction and security in the stuff of this world. It is immense battle. It is an immense battle. The very things that we pray for can often become the very distractions from God in our life. This is what Jesus says. You say you're rich. You've prospered. Need nothing. Not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind and naked. Boy, those are hard words to hear. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments, that you may clothe yourselves, and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. All this is related to what was going on in Laodicea. Jesus is saying, look, you guys are famous for your riches, your eyesalve, all this stuff. But man, you need to get you need to go down to the market, the spiritual market, and get some spiritual linens for your body because you are buck naked. And here we go. Man, those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, not punish. God loves you so much he will discipline you. Now this is any healthy parent knows that if you're going to train up a kid, there's sometimes things you got to do that your kids are not going to like, but it's for the purpose of getting their attention and getting them on the path at home. Yeah, God's saying that spiritually to you. Those who I love, I reprove and discipline. So be zealous and repent. Here we find repentance for the church, for you to turn around, to get that white hot love for Jesus back again. Now, this issue of discipline is a big one. And I want to tell you, I'm going to give you a resource that is going to allow you to look at your life and go, oh, this is why God's not here in my voice. Possibly. Is that true? Is it true that some prayers go nowhere? Yes. And I'm going to reveal this to you. Coming up straight ahead.
S1: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's curling crew on Moody Radio.
S2: All right. We look at the church of Laodicea and we get something that that is so applicable. And I want you to know this. There's no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus. I am absolutely convinced no one's cheering for us more than our Heavenly Father, because I'm sure in yesterday's story about my dad, who just showed love to me when I was. I survived the great Alaska earthquake and it was nine point whatever on the Richter scale. It was huge. Three plus minutes. It shook the ground. And I say this to illustrate the love of the father. Jesus said, If a father on earth we being evil, meaning that we don't even have it squared away. If a son asks for a piece of bread, we won't give him a stone. How much more? So our father in heaven. And one, one day, with the aftermath of that earthquake was. My whole world was upside down. It's the first memory I have from life was that great Alaska earthquake on Good Friday. And, you know, one night I was so embarrassed I couldn't stop peeing my bed for a long time after that earthquake. Just waking up screaming in the night. So embarrassing for a little kid to be peeing in his bed when you've outgrown that. Walked into my folks bedroom. Dad was on the nearest side to me and sometimes he heard me scream, and this time they didn't hear me screaming. But I'm laying in this mess. And I got up and I went in. I grabbed dad's shoulder. He sound asleep. I said, dad, I'm sorry. I wet my bed. Oh yeah. Oh, Carl. It's okay. Come on, son. And he came into the bedroom with me and he was so good to me. He said, let's just fold these up. Well, mom will get these cleaned up in the morning. I think she's got some new sheets over here. Here we go. Let's let's put these on. Let's get this all cleaned up. He put his hand on my shoulder. He said, that's no problem, son. I'm here to help you. If you ever have this happen again, you just. You just let me know. I said thanks, dad. All the words I'm about to tell you are from a loving father who is for you. And you don't have to wake him up. He's right here. It's. It's so beautiful. The church of Laodicea is a message to you and me. It's a very, um, wealthy community. Laodicea was. They had the American Dream before the American Dream was invented, and it was eaten their lunch spiritually as a church. It was chewing them up and spitting them out, man. And you know what Jesus says lovingly to him? He said, listen, I know your works. You're neither hot nor cold. This lukewarm Christianity, I'm just spitting it out. It's not loss of salvation, it's just. He says, come on, guys, there's so much more. It's a it's a return to your first love. And what happened was, is that they thought they were rich. They were saying it to themselves, not out loud, but we got it going on here. I've prospered. I don't really need you. It didn't say that. They never would have said that when they met together as a church. They never sang a song. We don't need you. Oh, we don't need you.
S7: Sure don't think so.
S2: No no, no. They were singing songs that they need him, but that their live revealed that they didn't. And or so they thought. And he said, you're naked, you're poor, you're blind, you're pitiable, you're wretched. And he says, I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that ye may be rich and white garments, so that you may clothe yourself. And the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see those whom I love. I reprove and discipline. So be zealous and repent. Do radically transform. Followers of Jesus need to repent on the path. Yeah, yeah, we don't backslide. We just find diversions, things to fill us and satisfy us and give us security that are not God. And he says, you're missing the boat, man. As a matter of fact, you know what we've done with Jesus. We often use this verse or hear it said for people to come to Jesus know this is come back to Jesus. He says, behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come into him and eat with him, and he with me. I want you to come back to daddy. Your heavenly Father today. And the Lord struck me while we were on air with this earlier. And I'm like, oh my goodness. I know what I've got to do. I want to give you a resource. There are biblical reasons why God doesn't answer our prayers. You know what it is. It's called discipline. He loves you enough to freeze you out, but he's cheering for you right now to come back. And I mean, it is as simple as ignoring truth. It's a jealous spirit. It's self-focus. It's husbands that are unloving. They're not loving their wives. Let me just give you this one. Likewise, husbands, this is out of first Peter three seven. Live with your wives in an understanding way, showing honor to the woman as a weaker vessel, since they are heirs with you of the grace of life, so that your prayers may not be hindered. Men, some of you are not loving your wives well, and I'm telling you, you've pushed Jesus out. And listen. He's knocking at the door. He's not beating it down. He's saying, come on, open it up, and he's giving you an opportunity to repent today. Some are hard hearted right now. Some of you have willful sin. You've cherished iniquity in your heart. And in Psalm 66 it said, the Lord would not have listened. But truly God has listened. He has attended to the voice of my prayer because he repented. Double mindedness. I've given seven things that indicate that God loves you so much, he will freeze you out of communication to get your attention. And I think God's doing that today. And I want you to get this resource right now. Young Thunder, how did they do it?
S6: My man yeah, just text the word prayers. Text the word prayers to 800 555, 7898. We'll send this resource back to you. Text prayers to 800 555 7898.
S2: Yeah. And I want I want to spike this again. I want to go back to my dad. If my dad, being an earthly man, waking him in the middle of the night, can come up and clean up a mess, he can. I'll tell you what. Our father in heaven will clean up yours right now. Come back to Jesus today. Come back to Jesus today. Come back to Jesus today. Text prayers right now to 800 555, 7898. Godspeed to you, friend.
S1: Romans eight brought her to Jesus while broadcasting traffic overnight. Super die is in the crew. It's curl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Churchill lived to see. The first time I read this, I remember I was a young follower of Jesus. I was reading through this and I'm like, whoa, um. This. Behold, I stand at your heart's door and knock. This is written to people who are in Christ Jesus. Is it possible to get off the path? Oh, boy. It really is. And I want us to understand something here that that this journey of faith that we have, there's going to be a lot of things, three primary things that are going to be a direct assault on our faith, on this path less traveled. Thomas Aquinas codified it. You might have heard of the world, the flesh and the devil. And he he codified that in a beautiful way many, many years ago. And it's true. The world is the systems that we live in. And they're constantly screaming at us, you know, go my way. Let's go this way. Right. I mean.
S6: I mean.
S2: It's it's constant.
S6: With advertising and stuff like that. I mean, commercials, TV shows, all that stuff. It's just you really can't turn it off, you know, unless you're very, very intentional and very, very aware because it's just so subliminal that it comes about you just while you're living everyday life. It's hard to avoid.
S2: Yeah. I mean, we're called to be in the world, but not of the world. And what that requires is to be able to sort out what is coming from the world, but is not of God.
S6: Absolutely.
S2: And that's that's a bit of a dance there. So the world, the flesh, the flesh is the Greek word sarx. All it means is that all that we are apart from God. And boy, I got one on my heart right now. I want you to respond to somebody in just a moment. There's a lot of you that are. That the. Because the sarx is everything we are apart from the Spirit of God. There's a lot of you that are your you are hampered by thoughts that you need to shake yourself free from. And these are the memories. The tapes. Use tapes. The digitized messages that you hear from way back and that were just ingrained in you. You're a loser. You're never going to make it and super die. Those are messages you heard, sister.
S8: Messages I heard and lived in and still can get triggered by him. I mean, they're there. And of course, it's that renewing of your mind. But you really, it's not. It's not even peeling back the paper. It's kind of taking a chisel as well, because they can be so ingrained, like you said. And you're talking about this Heavenly Father with some of these things that are going through your head in these thoughts. It can be very hard. I mean, I was there, I admit it, it was very hard to realize and to understand and even give God a chance going, how can he be so loving? We're comparing him to an earthly father. I have no example of that. And it took a lot to get through that and through scripture, through prayer, through the Holy Spirit to understand that no, that is, that is not truth. God is truth. The scriptures truth. The word is truth. And that's what you need to fill your mind with.
S2: Yeah. And it's an ongoing battle, right? I mean, come on.
S8: Yeah.
S2: And and it's it's never one and done.
S7: No. I mean.
S2: Those voices from the past, they're going to be echoing, man. I mean, they echo.
S6: They do that. Why, why why do they do that?
S8: And they can just kind of pop up to you think you're good, you're walking along, you succeeded, and.
S7: Wham, there it is.
S6: I'm back.
S8: Speed bump.
S2: And you know, this is how insidious it can be. We can be sitting here talking on a radio show or when we go to a song, and I could say something to somebody, and it's not even necessarily a reckless word, but there's words that are spoken. Bang! It takes you to a place.
S6: Absolutely.
S7: Yeah.
S2: I have a couple worship songs. When I listen to them, it takes me to a bad place. Isn't that weird? No. I'm serious.
S6: Because why trauma you experienced.
S2: Experience because of some some church.
S7: Hurt? Yep.
S2: And it's directly associated with that song.
S8: So all of us have that.
S2: Yeah we.
S7: Do.
S2: So here's the deal. The world, the flesh and the devil. Then you've got the devil. And he is a liar. And he is a deceiver. Those are his two primary things. He. Excuse me. He's a liar and deceiver. That's one and the same. And he's an accuser. And he tries to tell you things like. You'll never get victory over this. Some things will. Some battles will never be won, blah blah blah. And on he goes. Father, by the power of the Holy Spirit right now, grab people's heart to the truth that you love them. And Lord, even though you call for repentance today. I pray in the name of Jesus on this Freedom Friday, that this notion that there are these myths, that there are some cycles that just can't be broken, crush that notion in the name of Jesus right now, all over America and Canada and beyond right now. Crush it, crush it, father. Come on, let's go. Move in. Power. Set people free. I pray in the name of Jesus. Amen. And let it be. Fear is a Liar by Zach Williams. If you haven't gotten this resource, come and get it, Young Thunder. This will set people free because the discipline that people are encountering today, God's lovingly saying, turn my way again.
S6: Yeah, this is a great resource we have for you why your prayers aren't being answered. Text the word prayers to us at 800 555 7898. Text the word prayers 800 555 7898. God wants to connect with you. Here's how.