S1: Hi friend, thank you so much for downloading this podcast and I truly hope you hear something that edifies encourage, equips, enlightens, and then gets you out there in the marketplace of ideas. But before you go, I want to tell you about this month's truth tool. It's called Have You Ever Wondered? And I absolutely love this topic because if you're like me, going out into the night sky and looking up and seeing a million stars, don't you just stop and think about God? And are you not in a moment of awe and wonder or looking out over the vast expanse of an ocean and you start thinking, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And it makes you wonder about the magnificence of God? I think that sense of wonder was put there on purpose, and this wonderful book includes a composite of multiple authors who have written from their perspective as a scientist, or a historian, or a mathematician or an artist, on why they all have this sense of awe through the work that they do. In other words, the heavens declare the glory. And as it tells us in Romans, we are really without excuse because his handiwork is everywhere. And this book invites you to walk through the chapters written by people who all have a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to God through their various disciplines in life. It's an amazing book and it's yours. For a gift of any amount, just call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Ask for a copy of Have You Ever Wondered? And we'll send it right off to you as my way of saying thank you, because we are listener supported radio. Or you can go online to in the market with Janet Parshall and you're also on the website, consider becoming a partial partner. Those are people who give every single month at a level of their own choosing. You always get the truth tool, but in addition to that, you get a weekly newsletter that includes my writing and an audio piece just for my partial partners. So 877 Janet 58 or the website in the market with Janet parshall.org consider becoming a partial partner or asking for this month's truth tool. Have you ever wondered? And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: Time. The conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a.
S4: 17 years the Palestinians and Israelis negotiated.
S5: Hi, friends.
S1: Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. A very happy Monday to you. To all the dads out there. Hope you had a fabulous Father's Day weekend. We've got a lot of news to cover this hour. Our dear friend Bill Gertz is going to join us. And boy does he write about national security and defense. And I don't know, we woke up this morning. I'm kind of thinking those two topics might be pretty important. I hope even in the midst of whatever you did this past weekend, you were watching and praying for the nation of Israel. Boy, the distinctions between those two nations could not be more profound. First, a couple of quick observations before I turn you to some news stories again. Israel with pinpoint specificity. Surgical precision is destroying equipment and the bases where nuclear capabilities are being made. That's different from hitting mass population centers, which is what the Iranians are doing when they fire back. And the volleys have gone back and forth all week and long. Ayatollah Khamenei is supposedly mentally distressed at this point. There were rumors at one point this weekend that he, in fact, had stepped into eternity. I'm not going to say that yet, because not unlike the death of Saddam Hussein, you're going to need multiple verification sources on that one. But I can tell you that as of this minute, it looks like that Israel has air superiority. That is hugely important in this kind of a conflict. I'm going to turn now to CBN news. An excellent report filed by Chris Mitchell.
S6: Overnight missiles landed in Tel Aviv killing at least five people. The IDF says Iran has launched hundreds of ballistic missiles. Most have been intercepted, but some managed to hit Israeli cities, including Bat-yam, over the weekend. Behind me is just one of the locations where Iranian missiles have hit it shared one apartment building in half, destroyed a building beside it, and the damage goes for blocks around. The missile contained nearly £1,000 of explosives. Nine were killed in the attack, three of them children and nearly 200 injured.
S7: But our spirit is strong and it will win. We know that our enemies tried to target civilians, but this is why, starting tomorrow, we're going to rebuild this area. We have 75 building that was took a hit.
S8: I tell you, these are very large, uh, missiles that are landing here to cause such damage like this. Iran has openly called for the annihilation of Israel, of the United States. Of all Western ideology. Israel had to do a preemptive strike in order to defend our civilians. Now, what we're targeting is A strategic military targets what they're targeting, like you see behind me in the various sites across Israel is civilian infrastructure, residential communities.
S6: Speaking from the site at Bat-yam, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu warned of what might happen if Iran is not stopped.
S9: Imagine what would happen if Iran had nuclear weapons that would fall on all Israeli cities. Imagine what would happen if Iran had 20,000 missiles, not one, but 20,000 of them. That is an existential threat.
S6: U.S. President Donald Trump supporting Israel's operations but still hoping Israel and Iran can reach a deal.
S10: Well, I hope there's going to be a deal. I think it's time for a deal and we'll see what happens. But sometimes they have to fight it out. But we're going to see what happens.
S6: The IDF says it's making history. In just four days, in what some are comparing to the miraculous Six-Day War in 1967. Israel has targeted the vast array of Iran's nuclear infrastructure, including enrichment facilities in Natanz, Fordow and Isfahan. The IDF says most of Iran's military commanders have been eliminated, and Mossad agents on the ground have taken out Iranian air defenses, ballistic missiles and nuclear scientists. Meanwhile, social media videos from inside Iran show Iranian citizens cheering the strikes, hoping it will bring down the dictatorship that's ruled for 46 years.
S11: I call upon the Iranian people. This is your moment. This is your moment to stand up, to remove the mullahs if you can, and the world will stand behind you.
S6: Opposition sources claim some Iranian leaders have already fled the country and Israel. The spirit remains resolute. Chris Mitchell CBN news, Jerusalem.
S1: And quickly, I want to turn to a magnificent day that took place here in Washington, D.C. over the weekend, a celebration of the birth of the U.S. Army 250 years. Here's another report from CBN news.
S12: In a rare display of military might.
S13: USA. USA.
S12: Thousands of soldiers march in formation, escorted by tanks, Humvees and helicopters roaring overhead. A bold display in the nation's capital.
S14: It makes me feel proud.
S12: It was all part of a historic celebration, as the U.S. Army marks 250 years of service.
S15: I think it's I don't know why they don't do it every year.
S16: Celebrating the courage and the bravery that each of our service members, you know, show when they fight for us. It's important to celebrate that.
S12: The parade, spearheaded by President Trump, who long pushed for a large scale military display in the Capitol. While not organized in his honor, it coincided with his 79th birthday.
S10: Our souls are filled with gratitude for every generation of warriors who have worn the uniform all the way back to the very beginning.
S12: The last time a national military parade was held in the nation's capital was in June of 1991, marking victory in the Gulf War. It was a moment of broad national unity. Today, the tone is far more divided. While supporters praised the event as inspiring.
S17: And it's really cool to be out here and just come together as a country.
S12: Not everyone was celebrating.
S18: I'm really disappointed. It looks like an armed city.
S12: Democrats criticize it as an expensive political stunt.
S19: $45 million for a parade, for God's sake.
S12: The event also sparked more than 2000 demonstrations across the country. The No King's movement protesting what they see as authoritarian Actions by the Trump administration, including the parade itself. The marches mostly peaceful, but some crowds clashed with police in Los Angeles and Atlanta. In Northern Virginia, a man drove a truck into protesters, injuring one. But along the parade route, a stark contrast of patriotism and gratitude to the army. For two and a half centuries of service and sacrifice. In Washington, Tara Mergener CBN news.
S1: It was a spectacular event. There were no protests in Washington. There was only pride. And at one point, the only reference to the president was when some of the troops spontaneously broke into singing Happy Birthday. It was fascinating to watch all of the different regiments march in their uniforms, representing that particular era of American history. It starts now, a year long celebration, as next year will be America's official 250th birthday. We'll keep you posted on the events. Back after this. So many in our culture today are spiritually curious but hesitant about religion. That's why I've chosen. Have you ever wondered, is this month's truth to explore how everyday experiences might be the signpost pointing to deeper biblical truths? As for your copy of have you ever wondered when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall.
S20: Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense detected 43 sorties of Chinese aircraft, six Chinese naval vessels operating near its territorial waters. On Wednesday, 25 sorties crossed the median line and entered Taiwan's northern, central and southwestern air defense identification zone. Taiwan said they have monitored the situation and responded accordingly. Earlier on Tuesday, Taiwan's Ministry of National Defense reported 14 sorties of Chinese aircraft, six Chinese naval vessels and one official ship operating near its territorial waters. Taiwan's coast guard also held drills with the military on Sunday to better practice joint operations in the face of the growing threat. President Lai said that Taiwan has been facing constant gray intrusion from China.
S21: Taiwan has been facing constant gray intrusion from China, but our Coast Guard colleagues have always been on the front line to enforce the law and protect the lives and safety of the people of Taiwan. The government will continue to consolidate the strength of all departments and strengthen the resilience of the entire society to defend national security and safeguard Taiwan's democracy and freedom.
S1: Now, that's an Indian news outlet reporting on the ongoing mounting tensions between Taiwan and the CCP. And you can sense an urgency there that we don't get stateside. And I wanted you to hear that among that issue and a whole lot more, are the things we're going to talk about with Bill Gertz. Always a joy to spend time with him. National security correspondent for The Washington Times. Been with them for decades. I don't think they ever want to let him go. He's that good. He's the author of multiple books, most of them best selling. I always choose one as a reference. I've not taken them in order, by the way. But I think if you want a starting point to understand that when the Communist Chinese tell you they want to take over the world, you take them at their word. And in this very important and likewise unsettling book, you're going to be able to read exactly how this smokeless war, a phrase that they use, is taking place. Bill writes about it with eloquence in his book deceiving the Sky Inside Communist China's Drive for Global Supremacy. He has taught at all the important intellectual and intelligence centers, and he's multi-awarded not only his books, but just on the work that he does as a journalist. We're always thrilled to have him. Bill, thank you so much. I do indeed want to get to Taiwan, but I would be horribly remiss as we're watching the mounting tensions between Israel and Iran. I know you didn't take your eyes off your screen all weekend. I'm sure you were checking a multiplicity of other sources as well. Again, what I just pointed out to our friends before you joined it is the stark distinction. There's no moral equality here. Israel with military precision is knocking out capabilities. Apparently, as of this moment, Israel is alleged to have air superiority. They're going after the nuclear plants. They're going after jets again with precision. They're not going after people. Iran comes back. They shoot at densely populated areas, which of course have no military advantage. It's just a matter of creating a Um, a crash in morale and eliminating as many of the, quote, Zionist regime as you possibly can. So the president makes the statement that he's not going to be involved in offense, not going into Iran. But however, we are offering help in terms of defense, two carriers, as of at least this weekend in the Mediterranean, one in the Arabian Sea, and apparently they're obviously working off of our intelligence. And now that the cat's out of the bag, we know that there were conversations with Netanyahu, despite the president's sort of laissez faire remarks on his way to the Kennedy Center, that there had been some cooperation between Israel and the United States. And, if I might, might add, my own editorial opinion, as there well should be. So this is going on and on and on. What I kept asking myself all weekend is as hard as Iran has been, has been hit over the past several days. Where are they continuing to get all of these missiles?
S22: Well hi Janet, always great to be on the show. Um, the Iranian ballistic missile arsenal, uh, includes 3000 missiles. Not all of them can reach Israel. There are varying ranges, but about. They've got about a thousand missiles capable of ranging Israel. And they've fired, oh, I guess about at least 180. Probably more. And, uh, Israel for the most part, has been able to knock them out. They have a very good missile defense system. So they've got a lot of missiles. And, uh, uh, luckily they're they're ballistic. In other words, their trajectory is very predictable. And that makes their their Iron Dome system, the Thad battery that the US sent, they're capable of knocking them out. Um, yeah. It's a, uh, it's an escalating conflict. I think, um, you know, the Israeli prime Minister Netanyahu came out, uh, when they launched the strikes and said very clearly that Israel had some new intelligence or new information indicating that the Iranian nuclear weapons program was further along than US assessments or even the International Atomic Energy Agency. And I think that was really the basis they have a they have a window of opportunity and they could they someone posted online a graph showing that within a very short period of time, Iran will pass a certain threshold where they'll really quickly be able to develop a nuclear warhead. And they have, as I say, they've got 3000 missiles, which they can use to fire them. So that's kind of what triggered it. Now, our own CIA or Director of National Intelligence, Tulsi Gabbard, came out with a statement reflecting her anti-war views, stating that the intelligence community had no information that Iran was building nuclear weapons. So there does seem to be a discrepancy between what the Israelis know about Iran's nuclear program and what the U.S. knows. And the U.S. intelligence record is very poor on weapons of mass destruction. Um, take a look at Iraq.
S1: Yeah, yeah, exactly. And in this case, I put my money on Israel. Thank you very much. Because for them, it's an existential threat. You know, you talk about 3000 missiles. And for people who've been watching the skies light up for the last several nights, and I pretend they're capped with nuclear warheads. I mean, just imagine the conversation Bill and I would be having right now. There are no ands, ifs or buts. As Netanyahu has said, enough. Now it's time for action. This cannot continue. Now, Trump has indicated that he might want to give one more chance for Iran to sit at the table. Will they do it? Probably not. They're getting more and more belligerent. We've got more to talk about with this situation. In fact, in a world in unrest. And it certainly is that way right now. We've got a lot to talk about with Bill Gertz. Read his books, check out his columns g f I l e.com. That way you'll never miss a thing that he writes. We've got a whole lot to talk about with Bill, and we're just getting started, so we'll continue right after this. We're visiting with Bill Gertz, national security correspondent for The Washington Times and best selling author. If I may, let me just linger a little bit longer because of the ongoing tension. It's been said over the weekend, Bill, and I think I tend to agree that this is not going to be a days. This could be a week long confrontation, particularly when you tell us that Iran alone has 3000 missiles, and I don't see them deciding to stop anytime soon. What we know, allegedly, at least through the IDF, is that most of the Iranian military leaders have been disposed of. There were reports over the weekend that Ayatollah Khomeini had died. That has not been independently verified and given as the world watch was Saddam Hussein. I think we're going to want multiple verifications. Another more recent report that came out today said that the ayatollah is suffering mentally at this point, but who knows what comes out of that propaganda machine. But what we do know is that the Iranian people are hoping that this might be a moment of liberation. There stands in exile a prince who is willing to come back at any moment. And the history of this cannot be missed. It's called the rising lion from Israel's perspective. But the lion resides right there in the flag of Iran. And the Iranian people have a long history of supporting Israel. So this is the ayatollahs and this is the military leadership. This is not the Iranian people. Hence, I think Israel's even greater desire to be precision in their going after Iran, not having collateral damage with individuals as well. What I found also encouraging, and I'd love your take on this, is that we got Jordan to say, okay, you can shoot down drones over our airspace, and then Saudi Arabia, the Arabian Giant, steps into all of this and says, you can do the same thing here. From your vantage point as somebody who just has this in your DNA, what does that mean about the region at large?
S22: Well, I think that there are major concerns about the Iranian threat. It's been building up for years. It was basically facilitated during the Obama administration, where you had the infiltration of of pro-Iranian people, officials into the Obama administration, and that continued under the Biden administration. So basically, I think the region, the Middle East, is really waking up to the Iranian threat. The Israelis are taking care of business. They, again, are going after the nuclear sites, and they see that as an existential threat that they're risking going to war all out war with us. You know, whether or not and they've taken out a number of leaders, military leaders in the nuclear scientists as well. Um, I remember when Israel did this many, many years ago when they took out the Osirak reactor in Iraq. And I was fortunate to meet the, uh, uh, the leader of that operation, David Ivry, who was the ambassador to the United States. And I went to his office and, uh, he had a big map of the Osirak, uh, raid and was signed by all the principals. And the the bottom line said that it to it was called operation uh, opera, and it was signed to the conductor by the members of. Of understanding threats and dealing with them. Um, you know, I think the real danger right now is Iranian retaliation against the United States. Clearly, we're moving aircraft carriers and warships nearby. We have bombers in the region, and there are fears that in order to escalate the conflict and try to drag the United States into another war in the Middle East, there could be some type of Iranian attack on direct U.S. interests, whether they're U.S. troops abroad or U.S. businesses, or terrorists or terrorist attack, or even a terrorist attack in the United States, which could basically trigger an expansion of the war.
S1: Okay, so this is a Bobby Fischer chess moment. Let me sit and linger with you a little bit about this. You said, and I agree with your assessment 100%, that Iran is deemed to be a problem in that part of the world. That's why you're getting countries like Jordan and Saudi Arabia to say, absolutely, you can go ahead and use airspace. You take care of it. It's your problem, but get rid of them. So if they do that, I do not see any nation necessarily coming alongside the only one that might possibly do it would somehow they'd get support from Russia. Russia's, however, rather busy in the Ukraine right now and behind Russia we know that China is also doing we know that China supports a lot of what's going on in Iran, but they can't show their hand. It seems to me they'd rather be a lot more circuitous about this. So if they quote, have to go it alone and they try to provoke the United States, as you just put out as a hypothetical, and I think it's a very real one. And they try to pull the United States in somehow. You said their missiles are capped at 3000. If they don't get any other nation that comes up and supports them, then how are they going to be able to go the distance on this?
S22: Well, they're not. And back in October, the Israelis, during one of their raids on Iran, basically took out, I want to say, something like 80 to 90% of Iran's integrated air defense network, which is basically Chinese with some Russian anti-aircraft missiles thrown in, too. And that basically gave the Israelis free reign over over Iran. So they knew that they were that was I think was preparation for this attack in June, which basically, again, is to take out the nuclear program. Um, you know, whether, uh, the Iranians can be sustain their attack. I mean, I think they've got enough missiles. If they have 1000 long range missiles capable of reaching Israel, which would be intermediate range. Um, they've still got a lot of firepower there. Um, the question is leadership and command and control. Do they have that? I think the Israelis have exquisite intelligence, and their their ability to target and identify things is pretty exquisite. So they might have damaged the Iranian military so badly that they may be unable to sustain a conflict. In fact, there's a report this morning that they're looking to, uh, enter into some kind of negotiations or in ending the conflict.
S1: Yes, I saw that as well, where they're saying, let's come back to the table, then you don't know if they're playing the game of being a fox. I don't know if this one has to be watched very carefully. I'm so glad I asked you. I knew you would have keen insight, and we were not the tiniest bit disappointed. But equally, I would be remiss if I didn't start talking about China, starting with the activities that happened in the streets of America over the weekend and the presence in the midst of all of that. Bill Gertz is with us again, award winning author with The New York Times back after this. Washington. Our team of partial partners is growing, and I love communicating behind the scenes with this special group of friends who are devoted to giving a monthly gift to in the market. Our partial partners receive private emails direct from me on issues we don't address on radio, and I even send a weekly audio message straight from my heart to yours. Ready to become a partial partner? Call 87758877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. We're visiting with Bill Gertz, national security correspondent for The Washington Times, did not mean to insult Bill by saying The New York Times, not a compliment. He's been with the times since the mid 1980s, by the way. He's authored multiple books. Most of them end up being best selling. And if you go to my information page, you're going to see all the places where he's taught. He's that well respected. And that's why I think he's had his job for so long, just absolutely above reproach, reporting factual, great sources. And he's a bit prophetic, by the way, because when everybody else wanted to talk about if we just introduced the CCP to cell phones, they'll give up their wicked, wicked communist ways and it'll be a sun'll come out tomorrow that when we're not singing that song and that hasn't done anything except to make them even more desirous of global hegemony. And that's exactly what Bill writes about on a regular basis. And in deceiving the sky, you'll hear about this smokeless war, how China, with its tendril outreaches, is infiltrating the United States, the globe. But the United States in particular, because we are the biggest obstacle without having to fire a bullet. So that takes me to this past weekend. Boy, it was interesting to read a lot of people who fled China and are now here, citizens of the United States. So they know Marxism. They got a front seat to what was happening. They saw what happened during the Cultural Revolution. They saw what happened when hardened totalitarianism took up residency in their country. And they can see the signs. It's like crying out, there's a tornado coming and people are only seeing rainbows in the sky. But a lot of these people were warning that the dissidents that were taking over the streets this past weekend, although being in Washington, I have to tell you, I think most people showed up for the Army parade, but that's just my take that China was funding a lot of this. In fact, there were websites written in Chinese saying, come and be a part of all of this. You can't think that some of that wasn't being fomented by the CCP. It certainly is in alignment with their global goal. Talk to me about this.
S22: Uh, sure. Uh, in my most recent, uh, Inside the Ring column, I noted that, uh, state run trolls on X, formerly Twitter, uh, were basically picking up and, uh, promoting, uh, the riots in Los Angeles. And there's been some investigative reporting. The Daily Caller Foundation found that certain groups of Chinese Americans, these groups that are formed, uh, and are linked to this entity known as the United Front Work Department, which is a Chinese Communist Party influence, uh, operation that according to congressional testimony, they spend like $11 billion a year, and they're connecting to a lot of the, uh, American, Chinese American organizations such as Asian Americans for Progressive America, California political action group that was supporting the so-called No Kings protests that took place last weekend. And then there's some other groups, too. United Chinese Americans, which has been linked to the United Front Work Department. Uh, they get money from the Chinese government, and they're I think they're they're not the main organizers. Uh, but there is, uh, some, some evidence, uh, there's a gentleman named Singham who is a, uh, Shanghai based, uh, communist who identifies himself as a Maoist. And he's been bankrolling a lot of, uh, activities of, uh, these leftist groups, including his wife is the founder of a group called CodePink, which in one time used to criticize China for its human rights abuses, but has since changed and completely become a tool of the Chinese Communist Party and promoted. They go into congressional hearings and, uh, basically, uh, disrupt these hearings and protests and start shouting things and get thrown out. Uh, representative uh, Anna Paulina Paulina Luna has said that this is they're basically Chinese government funding and they should be banned from the capital and has asked, uh, government House government Committee to begin an investigation into Singham and his wife to see if there are links to, uh, fomenting domestic unrest in the United States by the Chinese government. It's certainly in line with their, uh, their policies. They want to take as much energy and resources into weakening the United States. Uh, they want to take over the world. They're on track to do that. And it's only the United States that's going to stop them. And so they look at the Chinese Communist Party views the United States as the world leader of capitalism and their ideology, Marxism-Leninism with Chinese characteristics makes Uh, capitalism, the, uh, enemy of their state and their policies.
S1: First of all, I'm so glad that you brought up Neville. I think it's important for people to understand who the players are. He's George Soros, sells his tech company, makes billions of dollars. Lives, as I understand, in China, in Singapore. And so I wanted people to understand this connection to his wife with Code Pink. These are absolute revolutionaries. If you're on X at all, very often you will see a member of Code Pink come up and verbally accost a member of Congress trying to shout them down. And sometimes, in fact, most of the time they're outwitted and outmatched. But it's always interesting back and forth. But he obviously doesn't like America. I think he can say that to with impunity, and that he absolutely opposes the ideas of democracy as enshrined in our documents, as opposed to marxist-leninism with characteristic China, with Chinese characteristics in the CCP. So to say that they were trying to infiltrate at some level, I think is extremely important. But as you write and have, they've infiltrated in a myriad myriad of other areas. And a couple of things I want to ask you about over the weekend. It's interesting, and I don't know what triggered it for this to be another dialogue in the marketplace. But over the weekend, there were some rather robust conversations about China buying farmland. This I don't get at all. Bill, it's national security. Why are we having a foreign entity, a rogue nation, who has made a declaration that we are an encumbrance to their global control? Why are we giving them permission to buy farmland, particularly when they're often near military bases? It defies common sense and logic and logic, and it is most assuredly a security issue.
S22: It's a reflection of the unsure and confused policies of the United States for 40 years. We look the other way on the threat from China, and there's still a lot of people that have this notion that, uh, either for political reasons, they look at China as the ideological future, their Marxist or sympathetic to Chinese communism, or they're in the business community, which again was told for decades, let's just trade with China. It's a 1.4 billion people market, and let's just trade with them and everything will be fine. We've never we haven't excised that problem yet. That that, uh, the the debate is still underway. The business community and the leftists still want to engage and be friends with China and conservatives and normal thinking people recognize, look, this is a regime that is is out to destroy our country and we've got to take steps to prevent it. So that's kind of where you see a lot of these things buying farmland. And, you know, I just had a piece in The Washington Times today will be in our print edition tomorrow, but it's about China and Russia, both Of building container missiles, that is, cruise missiles that can strike at long distances disguised as shipping containers, which could be used for many of their port facilities very close to the United States, and also was highlighted by the Ukrainian Ukrainian drone strike, which used a container truck that they were able to infiltrate near military bases. So for the Chinese to be allowed to buy farmland near military bases, this creates a huge threat. They could just send container missiles to those places and knock out our missile bases, or our air bases and missile bases in a crisis or conflict.
S1: Exactly. And I find this a fascinating conversation and a prescient one. It seems to me that some are going to hearken back and say, well, it's states rights versus federalism, right? So if the state of Wyoming says we want to sell farmland to China, that's our business. But if there's a national security risk because of rockets are launched out of Wyoming, I don't think they're only going to hit Wyoming, right? They're going to go anywhere they want to go in these United States of America. So I don't know. I'm looking for the lawyers to step forward to say that this is a federalist issue. It is not just a states rights issue. When you look, for example, at North Dakota, they own land near an air force base in North Dakota, and they've been purchasing more ever since then. They're up to almost 400,000 acres. And that's an old figure. So I'm sure the number is higher than that now. So what I don't it doesn't tie into trade. I know that money doesn't talk. It shouts. But why in the world would you not just have the perspective that government's number one job is to protect its people? So we're not going to bring in a country who's declared it wants to get us out of the way so they can globally dominate. Why would you sell them land and make their job easier?
S22: Yeah, it's, uh, it's hard to understand that too, but I think it's a reflection of, again, the political divisions where. Yes. Uh, there's a lot of, uh, people in political leadership positions, whether it's in states or in Congress who just do not see that China as a threat whatsoever. In fact, they they they like China, they favor China, and they want the United States to be a communist state, which, again, would be a disaster. It would be the worst thing that could ever happen to our country, as if the socialists take over and the socialists in the United States, whether they claim to be democratic socialists or not, are basically ideologically aligned with communist regimes like China. And China may be working with the Democrats behind the scenes. I don't know that, but it certainly would fit with their united front work department efforts to try to promote socialists, that they could then come to dominate if they ever came to power in the U.S..
S1: So Friday, Governor Tim Walz of Minnesota speaks at the center for American Progress, a very left leaning organization, and makes the stunning statement that China is the only country that has the moral authority. His words, not mine. To settle the conflict between Iran and Israel. When we come back, Bill, I want to get your take on that. The moral authority. I'm sorry. And again, I first Samuel says, I can't see what's going on in Governor Waltz's heart. Man looks on the outward appearance, but God looks on the heart. So I can't see inside his heart, but I can measure what comes out of his mouth, because the Bible also says, out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. So when you make a statement like that, the first question that comes to mind is, are you an operative? Are you on the payroll? What in the world would make you think that a country that has killed multiple millions of its own people is practicing genocide today and believes in aggressive expansionism, somehow has the moral authority to equate what's going on? I'm going to get Bill's take on this when we return.
S5: Bill gross is.
S1: With us, national.
S5: Security correspondent.
S1: For The Washington Times. Best selling author, by the way. Gertz. File. Com I've got a link on the info page ge Philly.com. Com and you'll never miss a thing that Bill writes and it's all worth your time. So speaking of the smokeless war, you wrote about this just a few days ago. I'd love for you to give a further explanation to our listeners as well. Now we've got a third Chinese national that's charged with smuggling biological materials capable of causing diseases in humans has been charged in the state of Michigan. What is the story here?
S22: Well, this is certainly a very alarming situation. Basically, three researchers, two of whom have been arrested, two women Chinese nationals, one guy who was the boyfriend of one of the University of Michigan laboratory researchers was allowed to leave the country, probably in a mistake between customs and and the FBI. They dropped the ball and this guy got away, but they were caught smuggling biological materials that are essentially dual use. By that, I mean they have civilian applications for research, maybe anti pathogen work, or more likely they are engaged in biological warfare. Now, the Chinese government claims that they have tightened controls on the export of biological materials. It will be interesting to see if these two Chinese nationals are in any way punished. Reports indicate that both of the women have links to the Chinese Communist Party, and that they were basically one was smuggling in a, uh, grain disease that could cause massive what they call Agroterrorism could actually wipe out crops. And you could just imagine again, in a in a conflict with China over Taiwan. They could unleash these biological, uh, toxins that could infect our crops and destroy large numbers of US crops. The second researcher was caught with samples of a medium and containing, uh, roundworms, which is a, uh, basically a parasite that can infect and kill humans as well as infect soil as well. And damaged soil. So, uh, we don't have a lot of detail on what the other side is going to say. I have a feeling that Chinese will come out and say, oh, they were just conducting innocent research. But for the Chinese, there is no such thing as innocent research. They have what is known as the civil military fusion program. Everything in China, whether it's their factories that make refrigerators and they also make missiles. If there are pharmaceuticals and biological Research. It also goes toward their military biological weapons program. So that's really the case here. And but again, they've just made the arrest and they haven't released a lot of details. There's no indictment. So once the indictment is issued, we'll probably get a little more detail on these two Chinese nationals that are in custody in Michigan and under federal charges of smuggling deadly biological materials.
S1: Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Let me break this down a little bit. You know, I love the language of the 21st century. We're having to learn on the run. Agroterrorism. So one of these, this toxic fungus apparently would attack wheat, barley, maize and rice. Now, I want folks to think about that for a minute, because that's not an over there conversation. If this happened and this is when you say a smokeless war, if you were to damage the crops here in the United States, what would it do to the supply chain? What would it do to food? What would it do to the markets that trade in these commodities? So there'd be an economic impact, there'd be a pragmatic impact. There'd be an impact on our dinner table. and then this other one that the ringworm. What I find sad about this is that apparently it's called a vomit toxin, because what it can do is it can make the livestock sick, diarrhea, lose weight, and it also does it to people as well. So in other words, with these toxins, you could wipe out our plants, our grains, and you could wipe out our livestock, which would feed, which would hit the meat supply bill all of that without firing a shot. And now if these people are going to be prosecuted, are they going to be prosecuted at the federal level and not just in Michigan?
S22: Yes. They are facing federal charges. And based on the statements by the US attorney in Detroit and the FBI director, they're, uh, they're pretty concerned that this is some type of weapons related or potentially weapons related activity by the Chinese. Um, it could be that, again, the Chinese are trying to leverage our ability, our advanced laboratory capabilities in order to advance their own progress. Perhaps the Chinese laboratories aren't as advanced as the one at the University of Michigan. Again, a lot of questions here on what's going on, but it certainly is alarming that they were caught with these samples. Uh, it was not a sophisticated effort. If it was truly a, uh, sophisticated, uh, pla People's Liberation Army effort, I don't think these people would have been caught as easily as they were, but certainly an alert, uh, Customs and Border Protection agents were able to uncover some of these samples and then basically rapidly track down that they were they were up to no good.
S1: Yeah. Such an excellent point. Let me linger there for a minute so we can just realize that there are quiet people doing good work all the time. They don't make headlines in the alphabet soup networks, but they're heroes nonetheless. So if you were doing this because you wanted to, uh, these were bona fide, accepted scientific experiments, they'd come in packaged, very forthright, upright. There'd be all kinds of paperwork that follows it. These people were smuggling. Smuggling. So if they're smuggling into the country, that raises your first red flag the second. And I want people to not miss what you just said, because you've taught me well that there is never anything but an intersection between anything that happens in China and the military. So again, is this another way to look at their warfare, which is very interesting. I got about 60s left. You wrote a piece at the beginning of the month, just a sentence or two, entitled Brain Control Warfare China's Bleeding Edge strategy for winning without firing a shot. Brain control warfare?
S22: Yes. Cognitive warfare. Uh, I use brain control because that's what we don't know. Again, this is there's not a lot of details from the US government on that. A lot of Chinese military writings have talked about this. They look at it cognitive warfare as a new realm of warfare. Warfare is moving from the kinetic battlefield to mines. That is influencing populations, Regulations interfering with the decision making capabilities of military commanders, those types of things. It's a reflection of China's unrestricted warfare. The use of all forms in order for that would allow a weaker power to destroy and defeat a stronger power.
S1: Well, I left a hanging participle five seconds. Your thoughts on Tim Waltz saying that China has the moral authority to broker the deal with Israel and Iran.
S22: Yeah, this is what they call elite capture of the Chinese have used this to influence senior U.S. officials and leaders. And clearly, to me, Tim Waltz looks like an agent of the Chinese. A fellow traveler or an influence agent who's so supportive of China, he would make the ridiculous statement that there are moral leader.
S1: How? Well, as the line goes out of The Manchurian Candidate, he's not just been brainwashed, he's been dry cleaned. Thanks, Bill, so much. We'll see you next time on in the market with Janet Parshall.