S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio. It's freedom Friday.
S2: Rise and shine. Everybody get a cup of coffee or tea, whatever it takes. But let's get rolling. So we've been talking faith and culture all week, Ali, and this has been some of the best content I man, I can't keep doing that.
S3: I can't keep. I love it. I was going to say if I had a dollar for every time we set a new record. This has been my favorite week of all time next week. Hey, hey, I have some.
S2: I have something in common with Jesus. We both use hyperbole.
S3: Can I blame.
S2: It on Jesus? Can I blame it on Jesus? He used hyperbole. Can I use hyperbole?
S4: Uh, you know what? I'll allow.
S3: It. Of course.
S4: You can.
S3: No.
S2: No, I'm stretching a christocentric theology there. That he used hyperbole for the purpose of describing things that were innately truthful, but in mine is not innately truthful because you can't keep raising the bar.
S3: It's okay though. I'm with you though. I really have enjoyed our conversations this week.
S2: It's been epic. All right, I want to break down a Christian worldview. I've jotted down four things that are characteristic of a Christian worldview. Now, let's. Okay. Christian worldview. Let's be more accurate. Biblical worldview.
S3: Okay.
S2: Because you can get a little mushy on that one. God is creator and sovereign Lord. Humanity has fallen, but redeemable still. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation, and a life of faith leads to transformation and purpose. Those are just a tried to crunch it down to four. That's four. Okay. So if that's a worldview, here's my concern with this. And I've been noodling on it all night. Literally woke up in the middle of the night going home because I've been wrestling this week in a good way, not wrestling against God. But like, we've been going down a path together and Jesus has had his arm around my neck going. Listen up, kid. We're still growing up here. But here's the cool thing about this I am convinced that we have so made Christianity transactional and not transformational in our culture today, that this can just become a list that people can ascend to, but never experience it. That's a problem, man. We got our guest groaning in the studio here, which is a great sign.
S3: Yeah, he's in agreement with you.
S5: You can't see this online, but I am. Thumbs up, I am nodding. I am getting very excited right now.
S3: Yeah.
S2: So let's bring you in here, Peter Worrell. Ali, give the bio on this. He's more than a groaner.
S3: And a firmer. He is a moody professor. He's an associate professor here at Moody Bible Institute. Professor of educational ministry. We brought him in to talk about faith and culture because he actually teaches a class here on faith and learning. So when he heard that this was our theme this week, he popped in the studio actually and said, hey guys, can we talk about this? Yeah. So yeah, he's he's giving you lots of affirmation this morning.
S2: Yeah. And what's really cool about Peter Worrell and we're going to, by the way, load up a link, because by the time we're done with them this half hour, we're going to want to tell people how they can come learn from guys like this. Seriously, it's a cool thing. I mean, Peter's alive in Jesus, but that whole transaction, you know, versus transformational it Peter, that that can be a problem. And I wonder if, in fact, that's what happened with a lot of our kids growing up in the church for a long, long time is that they had a transaction mentally, but not a transformation. What do.
S5: You say? Oh, I've been thinking about this, actually. Um, just the the transactional nature of, oh, we speak at camps and at the camp. We build up to a Thursday night, and on the Thursday night we lay out the gospel. But the gospel is get out of hell free. And and they're like, oh, I want to get out of hell free. And they, they say a prayer and then they think they're done and nothing changes. Nothing goes on. Whereas if a person is alienated from God, you want them to have a relationship with God. And actually a lot of things that I have conversations with kids about, a lot of things I have conversations with people about the devil also believes, and so the devil believes that Jesus is the Son of God. The devil believes that Jesus came and died, and he's very upset that he rose from the dead, and he's very upset, but he believes those things. And if it's just an idea of what do I understand, then you haven't got that relationship with Christ necessarily, because you have to have a dynamic relationship of loving the Lord your God with all your heart, soul, mind and strength, and loving your neighbor as Is yourself. And that is something that actually I don't have. Now let me explain that a little bit.
S2: Okay. Yeah. Let's get some explanation here.
S5: I love God more today than I ever have, but I don't love God with everything I've got all the time, everywhere. And I'm pushing on towards that and I'm pushing deeper. And it's a relationship that keeps growing and it keeps changing and it's dynamic. And some people, they're done with something that happened when they were seven and, and they, they just don't know God. And it's knowing God where the delight is.
S4: Peter, do you mind if I jump in here for a second? I you know, as you're talking about this dynamic relationship and loving the Lord your God more every day and loving your neighbor as yourself. Well, I think of that. And I say, well, I don't do that perfectly. And and I think about the illusion of salvation that I had, you know, and so I can think of myself as a young Christian going, oh, that kind of makes me nervous. I don't love him perfectly every day. Am I? Am I saved now because I love him really well? But when I don't love him really well? Am I unsaved? You know. How does that. How does that.
S5: Work? Yeah, well, it depends who you're walking with. So who is the first person in your life who is the first person that you're following? Did you come to Jesus and say, he is my Lord and I am going to follow him, and I am going to walk with him? If he says, go to that building, I'm going to that building. If he says, go to that country, I'm going to that country. I'm submitted to him, and I live for Jesus. Yeah. And I think, you know, how we can get into just the study of Jesus and we can pass tests on Jesus. You know, I know, and I know, you know, and that's why I'm looking at you right now. Because I know, you know, because if you don't know Jesus, that's the whole crux of the gospel, because you've got this personal relationship with Jesus that just excites you and sets you on fire. And I see fewer people in America who are on fire. And the religion of Christianity, died in England a long time ago, in a sense. I mean, I've heard you talking to England people. English people. And I'm being a little bit facetious. But the thing is that if we related the Jesus that we actually know. I think people would take our hands and they would hold his hand and we would introduce them, and they would be excited and they would be actually set on fire.
S2: You know, the Spirit of God might be, as a result of our interview with Peter here, just compelling you to come to Moody, and we're going to have a link for you. And we got a we got a Carl and crew, like, little special deal going on. So we'll tell you all about that coming up here in just a moment. But I want to I've been noodling on something here, Ali. As a matter of fact, I was preaching on it once downtown campus just recently, last week downtown three weeks ago out in the burbs. And I called it three dramatic realities of authentic salvation. One is we're overwhelmed with gratitude for God's grace. I see it everywhere in Scripture. Guys, you can't avoid it. Yeah. And my concern here is that we sometimes look at the disciples story, and we almost elevate them like they are something that we can only aspire to. Right. No. What? What? That's not biblical. That's not true. No. The woman at the well, the the the tax collector, Peter. Andrew, the list goes on and on. There's something characteristically different about a life that has been transformed by God. And we live imperfectly. Yeah. But there is an underlying, even transcending personality. There's an underlying passion, then, to live with God.
S5: Yes. Well, it is undeniable. I think that part of the thing that I'm wrestling with in the culture is people don't see that they're dead without Christ. Yeah. People don't see that they have no life that's worth anything. People don't see that they come from a worthless position. And if you come to God and you bring something and it's better than me, I mean, the people here in this room, I'm. I'm sure you've lived in your 20s and been a little bit better than me. Well, if you're better than me, that doesn't mean anything than in front of God. Because God is God and He is Almighty, and he is transcendent and he is perfect. Now, if you look at the disciples, the disciples would have known what sin was and the disciples would have fallen off that, and they would have been like, I am a sinful person. And Jesus says, well, find God through me. They find God through him. And on Pentecost they get transformed. And in the book of acts, they're going out and telling everybody because they're excited, because they have access to God. They all were absolutely excited to the point that they would die for this. They would die for it because they believed it so fervently. Yeah.
S3: Peter Worrell, right now associate professor here at Moody Bible Institute, we're talking faith, learning and a whole lot of extra. We're throwing in extra this morning on Freedom Friday, which I love.
S2: So, Peter, let's boil this down. Coming up here in a few minutes, I want to boil this down to someone who's listening this morning and they say, man, I'm not overwhelmed by the gratitude of God's grace. I'm I there isn't an underlying passion for God. What do they do? It's on this Freedom Friday. It's there's a growing imperative that we feel led by the Holy Spirit, that we help draw a very clear line about transactional faith on one side of that line, and transformative faith on the other side of that line. And then even in this hour, we're going to talk about the three barriers that keep you from salvation. And then you actually know how to pray for people. It's all pretty cool. It all comes together when you look at God's Word just in an objective, humble heart. Hang on.
S1: He was running from God, but God's love brought him home. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Talking faith and culture all week. And today we're really drilling down on faith. It's freedom Friday. We've already established that transactional faith is no faith at all. Transformative faith is is what Jesus aimed at. And it's the fruit, Peter, of authentic discipleship. And I want to go back to this. It seems like we've elevated the apostles and even that early church. But if you look at the book of acts, it wasn't just a few guys that were meeting together. They were meeting home to home. I mean, leaning into God at the cost of their own lives.
S5: Oh yeah. Well, the Holy Spirit descends on the disciples and just transforms them and makes them different people. But if you see that, they're always kind of grasping. It struck me only after I studied at Moody because I studied at Moody, too. The transformational nature of what went on with the disciples. Because you've got people like Levi, the tax collector. He's swindling people. He's trying to make a buck, and he's he's trying. And then he just leaves it all, and he starts to follow Jesus and he starts to see what's Jesus about. Where's Jesus going? And he knows the person of Jesus. And then the Holy Spirit fills him. And you see, in the New Testament, Peter can't stop speaking about Jesus. Paul can't stop speaking about Jesus. They're absolutely transformed because the Holy Spirit sets people on fire. And it's the fire that I want to see in a student's eyes. So when I'm at Moody and I'm teaching, I look around and there's some students who are just, you know, I got up, I got to your class, leave me alone. But there are many students who that fire begins to really catch. And I get so excited with them. And we have conversations and we're wrestling with things. And we actually took the article that you were talking about earlier this week from Arizona Christian, and because you were talking about it on the radio, I used it to introduce my class and they were talking about it and they were wrestling with it. And it's the fire that you see in the in the students because they want to know Jesus. It's about knowing a person, not just a concept. It's about knowing a person relationally. And I get excited about that.
S3: You know, when you talk about the fire, a lot of times people start to really look at what do I feel? Do I do I feel like I love Jesus today? Do I feel that fire? What do we what do you advise for the student who takes a lot of Bible classes, or for our listener who maybe listens to a lot of Christian radio and podcasts and takes in sermons and starts to wonder. I don't I don't know if I feel the right things.
S5: Yes, well, actually, it's what you think that leads to what you feel. So in our society, we've got things backwards and we think, well, when I feel different, I'll think different. But actually when you study scripture. Yeah. Things, things will leap off the page and you'll know something different and it'll excite you. And you've got to tell somebody else. My wife also teaches here, so I love to tell her. She loves to tell me things. We go back and forth and we get excited. So yes, being emotionally turned on to God is a thing, but it often comes through thinking different thoughts about God. So you have to be disciplined and you have to think and you have to wrestle. And when you wrestle, you get to know God. And when you know God, he sets you on fire. I mean, I think there's something about a fire resting over the heads of the the early Christians in the New Testament in acts because they they were set on fire by the God who they loved, and they began to serve him. But they knew so many things that they learned with Jesus, and then they were set on fire. So it's the knowledge first.
S2: So, Peter, these four little anchors, I just whittled it down to these God is the creator and sovereign Lord. Humanity is fallen but redeemable. Jesus Christ is the only way to salvation. A life of faith leads to transformation and purpose. We need to think deeply enough where those thoughts turn into what?
S5: Well, you're thinking about them, and they can be on a test and and you could pass them on a test and then you'd be cold. But there's something about the God who in in inhabits those ideas. Yes, God inhabits those ideas. And when you study them, you have to think, okay, how do I get to know the personal God who gave me this gift? How do I get to know the personal God who's running with me and walking with me and leading me on? And this is the importance of Jesus because Jesus shows us in Scripture what this God is like as a person and what he's like. Because the concept of God in the Old Testament is good and it's right, but it's God the Father, largely, and it's God the Father transcending reality. And you need to obey him and walk with him, and that is good. But the excitement that comes through God, the the Son and God the Holy Spirit, the Trinitarian view of of the Godhead, it actually sets us on fire. And that's what I'm saying. It's a relational thing that inhabits them.
S3: We've got Peter Worrell with us right now, associate professor here at Moody Bible Institute. So when you see a student and you notice that they are taking in the information. They're going to class, they're showing up, but you don't see that fire. They're passing the test. What do you do as a professor? I'm curious. Do you? I mean, give us a window into when you see a student. And, you know, I know Jonathan was a student here, and he can relate to this when you when you observe that happening in a student that you have enough of a relationship with, that you feel like you can have a conversation. Yes. What do you what do you do?
S5: Well, I don't always have enough of a relationship because it's a class scenario, sure. But what happens is I'll see people discussing and some students just 1 or 2 in the class though. So it's a class of 35 students, and there may be 1 or 2 who are done with the discussion early because they want to get it done. And I'll just move over and I'll say, so what are you thinking then? Oh, well, I think this, this, this. But do you, you know, are you thinking in a relational sense, are you actually moving towards God? One of the things that really sets me on fire is the other side of the coin, where you have students who the spark catches and they begin to be enthusiastic. I get to meet them for lunch, I get to I have the students round to my house. I, I have those kinds of things going on which are relational. Can't force a relationship on people, right? But when I say I'm following Jesus. So come and follow and walk with me as I follow Jesus. It's not a it's not a case of following me. It's a case of following me, following Jesus. And they will have conversations with me, and we will get excited about Jesus, and we will find that we're up until late at night talking about Jesus. But you've got to try to set it on fire. And so in the classroom, I'll just move alongside somebody and say, so what are you thinking? How's it going? What are you thinking about?
S2: You know, I feel compelled here that there is someone listening and maybe far more than one, because Jonathan's story, the short of it is he was at Moody Bible Institute and he was passing tests with pretty good grades, but he wasn't born again. And that isn't a one off, folks, to be overwhelmed with God's gratitude, or the gratitude that you can have in his grace to be imperfect, but have a deep seated passion for God. If that's absent, could the Holy Spirit be calling you to follow Jesus today for the very first time? And the answer is absolutely. Amen. And I just want to appeal to you right now to surrender your life to Jesus. The Apostle Paul said, I beg you, be reconciled to God. And why would he urge that? Because he's urging people to get over the speed bump of religiosity and pride and self-will, and the Holy Spirit can use our time this morning to convict you and to compel you to surrender your life to Jesus today. And I want to ask you, have you been stuck in a transactional relationship with God? But the Holy Spirit right now has revealed you need transformation. I want you to just take a moment. If you're at home or driving, you can do this. I want you to bow your heart with me. I want you to bow your heart. Heads are optional, but I want you to receive Jesus today. So let me tell you what we find in Scripture. There needs to be a full throated confession and agreement with God that you're a sinner who needs a Savior. That God is sovereign over all things. That Jesus is the only way to not only eternal life, but life abundant today. And that he alone can change you in this new relationship with God. And if you're willing to confess with your mouth, speak it out. I'm a sinner. Say it right now. Wherever you are. I'm a sinner. I need a savior today. I don't want to have a transactional faith with God any longer. Today, for the first time in my life, I'm feeling the embrace and the love of Jesus Christ. I'm feeling the tug of the Holy Spirit dragging me across this threshold of pride and religiosity and self-will. And today I'm following Christ, which means that you repent. You turn around, away from all of your thinking into a relationship with Jesus. And if that's you today, your heart has cried the most honest prayer to God. The most honest prayer. And I want you to get your phone ready. I'm going to pray for you right now, but Ali is going to give you a link here in just a moment. I know we're blowing through news and everything, and I don't much care because this is most important. Yes, but today I want you to know that we are going to help you take your first steps with Jesus. I want to appeal to you, friend. Don't let the pride of your religiosity in your behavior and your comparison hold you back from life eternal and life today. So let me pray with you. Let's codify this with the Lord Jesus. Today I confess to you you are the Savior of the world and I needed it. Just tell him that I needed it. I thank you that you saw my sin And all my flaws. But you haven't rejected me. You've embraced me. So I come to you today for the first time authentically in my life. Moving past transaction into transformation. Today I surrender my life to you fully. Completely. Nothing held back. And Lord, I pray over this person right now who is turning around, surrendering all to Jesus Christ. That your love would wash over them in ways that would be. Inestimable. That you, Lord, would show them this whole new world. You've done it right now you're doing it, Lord. And I give you praise in Jesus name. Amen. Amen. Ali, just from your heart. We want to help them, don't we?
S3: We do. We have something that we've put together. It's a resource just for you. Those of you who are accepting Jesus, you are turning and going a new direction with him. Just text the word new to 800 555 7898. Text new to 805 557898. You're going to get from us an auto reply that's going to have a link with some hyperlinks embedded. Go through it carefully. It's going to coach you up on what do I look for in a church if you don't already have one? What kind of Bible should I be reading? Is there a translation that I should look for? We also an opportunity to get a resource from us sent directly to your house that's going to help and encourage you. So if today that's you, just text new to (800) 555-7898 new new to 800 555 7898.
S1: Romans eight brought her to Jesus while broadcasting traffic overnight. Super die is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You know, I made a promise, Sally, that we would get a link out so that people can know. How in the world could we get schooled and under the tutelage of people like Peter Worrell. And boy, have we got a deal for you. Boom crew.
S3: We do. If you've ever considered Moody Bible Institute for yourself, or maybe for a loved one in your family who wants to go back to school or a first time college student, we've got some great perks for you. We've got a promo code that allows you to waive the application fee, and there's an opportunity, if you meet some certain requirements, that you could get a $500 credit. If you enroll in the fall and you get applied here in February. So just text the word moody and we'll get you all the details. Text Moody to 800 555 7898. Moody to 800 555 7898. You could end up in class with Peter Worrell in the fall. Imagine that. How sweet.
S2: Is that?
S3: Doctor Jim Coakley, doctor Winifred Neeley, we've got so many great professors that are regulars on our show. You could be sitting in class with them.
S2: Yeah, that's a sweet thing. So really spread the word. And as Ali said, it might be you. It might be a student, it could be a grandkid. And you go, I want you to check this out. You don't know what God might do to trip a trigger there, guys. So Tex Moody to 800 555 7898. Get the secret code for how you get the big discounts around here.
S3: Secret. We're sharing it pretty liberally.
S4: On the radio.
S3: I was like, it's secret. Oops. So yes, you can share it with somebody and they don't listen to Moody Radio. It's okay if they're a friend of yours. They're a friend of ours.
S2: Yeah, I love it. Oh my goodness. Okay. Tex Moody 805 five five 7898. Coming up, we're going to talk about the three barriers, the three barriers that keep us away from authentic salvation.
S1: He was sharing the gospel on the radio and then he got saved. Young thunders in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: I was blown away when we were talking with Peter Worrell. We had a lot of just inadvertent boom show cast requests coming in, and that some people get it and some of you don't. You're wondering, well, I want to get it because you hear something or you hear a piece of what we had in a discussion, you go, shoot, I want to get more of that. How do I get more of that? Simple dimple? Ali's got all the answers around here.
S3: It's simple. Just text show to (800) 555-7898. This is going to get you the link to our show cast or a podcast where you can listen on your own time. You can listen back to the show. You can share it with a friend who you think might be interested. Be sure to subscribe because then you'll get them each time we update them. You'll get them to your phone. So just text show to 800 555 7898. Show to 800 555 7898.
S2: So if we take three dramatic realities of authentic salvation, which are we're overwhelmed with gratitude for God's grace. We live imperfectly. But there's an underlying passion for God. And by the way, one that we hadn't even hit this morning because we got sometimes too much content here. But let me just lay it out right now. We care for people's souls more than their behaviors. That's a big one, by the way.
S4: When you a gigantic one.
S6: Yeah, we need that on a shirt.
S2: Yeah. I mean, because and this is most lethal with parents. Okay. You you want your kids so much to know God and. Right. I mean, come on, if you've been born again, you want your kids to know God. Yes. They're pretty quick. You'll start looking for behaviors to validate.
S7: Your.
S2: Passion. Yeah, and that can be tough. So yes, Jesus is clear, by the way, a lot of people say we're not called to be fruit inspectors. I couldn't disagree more. We actually are called to be fruit inspectors.
S3: What do you mean by that? Someone who's hearing that for the first time?
S2: Well, that's that's a common term from ages ago. I remember probably 30 years ago, people were saying, we're not called to be fruit inspectors. I would say a tweak on that. We're not called to be fruit scrutinizers. But Jesus himself said, you can tell. You can tell what a tree is because a good a good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. So we and we see the fruit of the spirit in Galatians five. In fact, we're supposed to be looking at our own lives, going, oh wow, I got deeds of the flesh coming off my branches, not fruit of the spirit. I need to abide in my relationship with Jesus more and let the Holy Spirit flow through me. So we don't want to. I would say this you do want to be able to look at your children's behavior, but not through the lens of scrutiny for judgment, and especially not for the purpose of finding validation for yourself. That's where it gets kind of sticky. You're looking for evidence that my kids. Okay. A greater prayer is God, give me evidence that their souls okay. Not that they're okay. Yes. I tell parents this all the time. Don't pray that your kids get back in church. Pray that they get in Christ and that they can't stay away from church because it darkened. The door of a church might be good, but it might not.
S4: Yeah, there there are things that and I think that's where we need to understand what fruits of the spirit are nowhere in, in the Scripture does it say that a fruit of the spirit is church attendance, you know, and and so we can't say that that church attendance is this is this clear indication that that our kids know God but love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control those things show that's a fruit of the spirit. My kid knows Jesus because I see what God's doing in them through those things, not through church attendance. Or they went on a ministry trip last summer or those kinds of things.
S2: Yeah, and that's tough to hear. But here's here's what I'm saying. I know you love your kids enough that you want to pray rightly for them, and I know that about you and grandkids, I know that. I mean, I was talking with Howie Rosin, 95 years old, my uncle, he's in Clovis, California, in an assisted living home. I said, how are you doing, Howie? For 95? Carl ain't doing too bad. I'm actually doing pretty well. Pretty well here. I love.
S6: That answer. Wow.
S2: But he's, you know, one of his greatest joys. He said, my son is finally following Jesus Christ. I said, how'd that happen? He said the prayers of my bride that went home to be with the Lord. My aunt Barb, um, two years ago. He said her prayers got him around the corner. He said, I know it. Said I'd hear Barb praying morning, noon and night for our boy. Isn't that cool?
S6: That's emotional, man. That's emotional.
S2: So here's I'm going to coming up here. Do we have time for this, guys? Yeah. Yeah, we got time. We'll cram it in. Uh, three. The three barriers of salvation. When you hear these biblical barriers, then these biblical barriers, then you will know how to pray rightly. This is just right from the word. Hang on.
S1: She was trying to earn her way to God, but God showed her she didn't have to. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Great thing about God's Word is that it is so clear. And I want to give you the three barriers to salvation as I see it through Scripture. I'm not saying it's absolutely limited to these, but these are three big buckets that are barriers to salvation that are explicit in Scripture. And if you understand these barriers, then you can pray rightly. And that's the cool thing, right, Ali? Because we go to God for this anyway.
S3: It's not us changing ourselves or anyone else.
S2: Oh, and praise God for that. If this is on me, we're toast.
S4: Yeah.
S2: Toast. Terrific, man. It ain't going to change diddly. Okay. The three barriers to salvation. Number one rebellion. Now, this is going to surprise you. Romans one, check this out. For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their Unrighteousness. Suppress the truth, suppress the truth. For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived ever since the creation of the world in the things that have been made. My granddaughter's little precious fingers in her eyes. Oh my goodness, there's a God. So they are without excuse. But look at verse 21. Romans 121. Always look at this verse. For although they knew God. So we sometimes ask, do you know God? Well, there's a depth of knowledge that is not going to change lives here. For they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. Rebellion is this. It's staring the truth right in front of your face. In your heart stays hard and your fist goes up in the air. In essence, your fist goes up in the air and says, I'm not going your way. Oh, and we know that. We know that happens. We've all met people that have been in rebellion and in true spiritual terms. We were all born with our backs to God, walk in our own way down this broad path, and by his grace alone, he softens those hearts. Let me go to barrier number two. It's blindness. Barrier number two is blindness. In Second Corinthians four three through four. And even if our gospel Paul writes to the Corinthian church is veiled, it is veiled to those who are perishing, in their case, the God of this world, that Satan and his demonic forces has blinded the minds of the unbelievers to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God. And my contention here is that what Satan does is he creates spiritual light pollution that keeps us from seeing who Jesus is. He gets us so busy with this light pollution here horizontally that we can't see what's going on vertically. The third one is deception. It's out of Matthew seven. Many will say on that day. Didn't I prophesy, baptize, do mighty works in your name? And he's going to say, I never knew you. Here's how I want you to pray and think about this. Pray for those with hard hearts that they would be softened and that their fists would come down and they would receive Jesus. Pray for the blind, that the veil of darkness would be removed, and the light pollution of this world would fade away. And pray for those in deception that they would see. All the spiritual activity in the world cannot save them, but Jesus alone can. Ali, you get the final word.
S3: We put this up in a quick video on Facebook. If you want to share this. See this? See it again. Just go to Facebook. Carl and crew mornings. What are those three barriers to salvation? We've got them for you.