S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You know, if you're new listening to us here. I was blown away a number of years ago now, and I saw the words of Jesus where he said, it is to your advantage that I go, because the Holy Spirit will come, the Comforter, and He will guide you, ultimately guide you into all truth. And what a what an amazing what an amazing thing. By the way, if you want the biggest bodies of teaching on the Holy Spirit, it's John 14, John 16, and Romans eight. That is, you want the comprehensive deal. That's it. You can go to First Corinthians and find teaching on the power of the Holy Spirit. And yet those are more corrective in nature rather than instructive in nature. But the most illumination about the power of the Holy Spirit is what Jesus tells his disciples. He says, it's to your advantage that I go. It's just when I saw that, I'm like, hold the phone, Charlie Brown. If it's to our advantage that Jesus is gone, maybe we ought to plumb the depths of that advantage. Ali.
S3: If you have an advantage, you want to take it.
S2: Oh, what's that game where they have an advantage? What is that survivor advantage.
S3: Like I don't know.
S2: Yeah, that that reality show that barely made it. What are they on their 48th season advantage?
S4: I think they are season 40 something.
S3: Something like that.
S2: Yeah yeah yeah. It's it's really cool. And boy, sometimes wake up in the morning we go yeah, yeah I got I have one advantage please. Uh, right over here.
S3: You know my, my son plays travel basketball and he recently had showed up to a game and only there were only four kids on his team that showed up for the start of the team for the start of the game. So the other team had a one person advantage.
S4: And.
S3: Got to play five on four. Jeez, So.
S2: Did they hold them off? That's kind of.
S3: Fun, though, you know? I mean, halftime, they got their fifth guy to show up, and then they could at least be even. But for a whole half they were down one man and had to like if you got the advantage, take it.
S5: But cam, I could just see his little heart like, oh, he said.
S3: They just kept trapping me at half court. They just kept sending two at me and there was no one open.
S2: Well, no, I mean that's the that's actually wise defense. When you're up one, you go to the guard.
S3: You're using your advantage. Yeah. Use the advantage.
S4: Man.
S2: Yeah. And the other subplot there is the kids sitting in the stands going, dad, there's a team. I actually wouldn't have to fill the bench on.
S3: I'd be a starter right away.
S2: Dad, sign me up for these guys. They seem to not have enough personnel.
S3: They're undermanned today.
S4: It's crazy.
S2: Why is it that that happens? When my son was playing ball and not at the AAU level? Everybody shows up, suited up, ready to go. But in junior high and even early on in high school. He had a couple of games he started. There's four guys on the court.
S3: And you're going, can we get everybody to show up? And then you got to you're running around like like crazy men just trying to trying to not be overwhelmed.
S2: Yeah, it's it's crazy. So when you when you got an advantage when you're one up but you don't use it because that'd be a real loss. You find out the opposition's got four and you say, well, let's just play with four. No, if you got an advantage, take it, man.
S3: Use the advantage.
S2: Get them on the court. Uh, you know, sometimes we wake up in the morning, we go, man, do we need an advantage in rough news coming out of DC? We're going to break it down for you.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire and everything is Greek to her. Super di is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Well, for us to speculate, postulate Cogitate commentate on some news, it would be futile. And I mean that. I'm not trying to be cute here. There's some things that we need to bring in, and this is one of the things we tried to do here with Karl and Cruz. Bring in experts that actually have a way better handle on what's going on. Doctor Mitch Glazer is one of them, right? Ali.
S3: Yeah, from Chosen People Ministries. If you follow the news at all, you've likely heard about the murder that happened outside. Was it the Israel, the embassy?
S4: Uh, no, it was outside of a museum.
S3: The museum last night in DC. Let's get Doctor Mitch Glazer from Chosen People Ministries to weigh in. Coming up.
S1: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's Karl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Precious young couple gunned down in cold blood last night in Washington, DC at a Jewish museum by a man when he was arrested, was yelling free, free Palestine, free, free Palestine. What's going on, Mitch Glazer? He's with us right now, president of Chosen People Ministries. What was your first initial response when you heard this news?
S6: Well, like you, Carl, I got up pretty early in the morning and, uh, found out about it immediately contacted our chosen people Ministry staff in Israel and to see how they were doing. I found out quite a bit about the couple if you wanted me to share some of that.
S2: Yeah, it's a precious story, actually. They were going to be engaged in Jerusalem this week, right?
S6: They were. But what some people may not know is that your own lozinski was a believer in Jesus.
S2: Oh he was.
S6: So this is the horrific murder of a young, dynamic Messianic Jewish person, uh, with a godly family in Israel. And I would imagine I can't say too much at this time because it would be too personal. I know for sure that he was was a believer. It looks pretty clear that his fiancée was as well.
S3: Wow. Doctor Mitch Glazer is with Chosen People Ministries, one of the oldest and largest messianic missions in the United States. Doctor Glazer, we have seen a resurgence in anti-Semitism, particularly since October 7th. This is often called the world's oldest hatred. Give us a picture of what this new anti-Semitism looks like.
S6: Well, this new anti-Semitism is dressed up in alleged political clothing. And, uh, from the name of the assailant, it doesn't seem like necessarily that he is an Arab or Palestinian himself. And so it's possible that he's one of those who has been influenced by all of the propaganda against Israel and against the Jewish people, and up until that's been coming out recently, in light of what I think is a defensive action on Israel's part, after the attack of October 7th, we had a major conference at Moody Bible Institute last fall that Carl was part of and where we were able to shine a light on those issues and, and help people see that there is an underlying anti-Semitism that's floating around the globe that is expressing itself in political terms, but it goes far deeper than that. And recent surveys have also indicated that anti-Semitism is is on the rise, not only in the United States, but unfortunately, we've demonstrated that it's on the rise across the pond in England and in Ireland for sure. Australia. And so many of these, uh, individuals who are allegedly taking a political stand against the modern state of Israel and their pursuit of their enemies who attack them on October 7th. We do see that there is an underlying anti-Semitism that is coming to the surface now. And this is the first murder shooting directly at close range. She knew exactly what he was doing. Of Jewish people. There were a couple of shootings at synagogues a few years ago. We thought that that may have died down, but obviously it has not. And so we are living in very dangerous times, which means my brothers and sisters in Christ need to be praying for the peace of Jerusalem and for the protection of the Jewish people. And I know as a messianic Jew and maybe speaking on behalf of many of the Messianic Jews who are who are listening and who are part of the body of Messiah all across the United States. I know that all of us would appreciate your prayers.
S2: Yeah, and we're going to do that before we're done here. Doctor Mitch Glazer, our guest right now, president of Chosen People Ministries. Good man of God, great man, got a great sense of humor. He's an absolute character I love Mitch. What a guy. I wish I could have more time with you, brother. You look at situations like you look like situations like this, and, you know, I don't want to read too much into it, but this. There's a radicalization that is happening on college campuses that has a heavy dose of irony. These were campuses here in the last decade that stood up for people that felt microaggressions. They would draw circles and safe spaces. And yet these same proponents Sense of protecting. Microaggressions are the same voices that are speaking loudly. I'm not saying they're promoting murder, but they're speaking loudly for terrorist groups. There has to be. You can't ignore a demonic, spiritually demonic influence going on here, Mitch, because it goes beyond common sense, my brother.
S6: It is. I mean, I would speak directly to the Jewish issue, Carl, because God made a covenant with Abraham, promised a people, a land and a future for Israel, and even gave the geographic boundaries of the land of Israel in Genesis 15. And now we see that there are movements that are becoming more and more overt in their anti-Semitism and Anti-israelism and under the guise, I think, sometimes of political radicalism. Carl, I was a young, unsaved Jewish hippie.
S2: Yeah.
S6: In the late 60s and early 70s. And I was I was at Columbia with some of those. Right when those riots were taking place. And, uh, there was a different feel to those riots than what's happening today. Those were kids searching for peace. And but these today, these today are smaller, actually, but more radical and more vicious. And, uh, there's a darkness to it. Carl. And so I think that it, it shows a certain Satanic involvement with what's happening on campus. And obviously it's not. And this is one of the big deals about the shooting call. It's it's not just campus. It just moved off campus in the most violent of ways. And so this is we need to take notice of this. I think that the landscape changed last night with the shooting of this precious couple.
S3: Doctor Mitch Glazer, Chosen People Ministries with us right now. Doctor Glazer, what are some of the lies that are being told about Israel that you believe are sort of cultivating this acceptance of anti-Semitism and of hatred of the Jewish people in general?
S6: Number one, I think, is the accusation of genocide. That's a false charge. We've already demonstrated that this charge of genocide, which was brought before the International Criminal Court by South Africa, that was then supported by Ireland, 16% of Irish, quote unquote, Christians in a recent survey were favorable towards Israel. Let me redefine that. That means almost 75% were not. And so I think there's an underlying anti-Semitism in all of these all of these issues. And so I think that genocide is is terrible, of course. But Israel was not committing genocide. Israel was trying to defend itself. And every, every couple of hours, even over the last few days, maybe 2 or 3 times a day, actually, maybe more. I get emails, I mean, WhatsApp messages from our staff saying sheltering, sheltering, sheltering because missiles are coming in not just from the Houthis, but from still from Gaza. And so this this war is not over. So where's the genocide? Who's attacking a nation of innocents? It's not Israel who's attacking a nation of innocents. There's military action, terrorist actions against Israel. Israel is defending itself. So that's a false charge. And it's a very serious false charge.
S2: We're going to pray here in just a moment, Mitch. What are the most responsible biblical responses to something like this for a Christ follower. What do you say?
S6: I've got three P's for you. Call. I'm an old Baptist preacher, you know, even though I'm Jewish, you know. So the first one is to pray. Pray for the peace of Jerusalem. Psalm 122, verse six. They will prosper who love thee. It's prayer with a promise. Uh. God chose Abraham, chose the Jewish people, has great plans. First coming came through the Jewish people. Second coming will come when the Jewish people turn to Christ. Just look at Romans 1111 through the end of the chapter. There's no doubt that Satan is trying to destroy the Jewish people because he wants to destroy the Messiah and he hates God. And so, uh, this is a very important thing, uh, to see. And the antidote to a spirit, the best weapon in a spiritual battle is prayer and the word of God. And so we have to fight, like, with, like we're fighting a spiritual battle. We need to be on our knees. So that's prayer. Number two is to preserve. And we have to understand that we have an obligation as Christians to help preserve the Jewish people. God said to Abraham, I will bless those who bless thee, curse those who curse thee. And so God wants us preserve the Jewish people. And the third little pea is, I believe, grows out of these first two. And that's to protect Christians need to be able to protect the Jewish people. We had a rally in New York, and we had an Australian Jewish believer who said something that I will never forget, and that is we need to let the pro-Palestinian protesters and those who hate the Jewish people know that in order to get to the Jewish people, they have to first get through the church.
S2: Yeah. Powerful.
S6: So Christians can protect the Jewish people. If you see it locally, handle it. If you hear about it globally, pray about it. Stand against it. Use your social media in a positive way. Pray. Preserve. Protect the Jewish people. And that will be an incredible testimony, by the way, to your Jewish friends.
S2: Mitch, I love you. Let me do this right now. Father, thank you that you hear our prayers. Our prayers right now are not without power. We do not serve a God who has hands that cannot move and feet that cannot walk. You are able and Lord, in your providence and power we ask you to thwart evil. We ask in the name of Jesus. And we speak in the name of Jesus. The Lord rebuke you, Satan, you have no authority here. And Lord, we do pray. We do preserve. We do protect. And we thank you that you are good. We thank you that you have emotions of weeping over people without a shepherd. And you extend a hand to every person, even this young man who took the lives of this precious couple last night in DC. And you're reaching out and offering him today life in Christ Jesus. And, Lord, I give you thanks today. It calms our heart to know that we can talk to the God of the universe. And so we pray. Peace over Jerusalem, peace in this world. And we know that that day will come when the Prince of Peace will arrive. And everything will be brought into balance. But until then, Lord, we pray, as you've called us to pray in Jesus name. Amen.
S3: Amen.
S6: Thank you, Brother Carl. I love you too. And let's all remember to pray for the family of Daniel and Sarah.
S2: We will do that. We will do that.
S6: That was that was murdered. Yeah.
S2: Thank you, Mitch, for coming in here this morning.
S3: Doctor Mitch Glazer was our guest this morning. If you want more, just go to chosen PEOPLE.com. Go to PEOPLE.com.
S1: She was trying to earn her way to God, but God showed her she didn't have to. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: We are rolling on Carl and crew, helping you take your next step with Jesus. You can't step out with them if you don't abide with him. In this proximity to Jesus is everything. And I just have on my heart here the last couple of days. Someone right now needs to know this. You can come as you are and experience God right now. God and the power of the resurrection is still cooking here today. By the way, folks, the tomb is still empty. It's not one day that we celebrate the empty tomb. It's like three 6524 over seven.
S3: Yes.
S2: Oh, so God wants to help you overcome what seems impossible and live as you never imagined. Those are realities. And we are sold out to them here with Carl and crew. And sometimes you hear things like you just heard from Mitch Glazer. And here's what I believe. I believe interviews like that can spur spur us on spiritually, mainly because of the three P's. If you didn't hear the three P's, how in the world did they get this?
S3: You could get the show cast. If you want to ever want to hear an interview again, just text the word show to 800 555 7898. Text show to 800 555 7898.
S2: Yeah, grateful for you being here this morning, guys. Lots to pray for in our world today. And we're not done yet. Coming up we're going to be tackling this identity thing from a posture of discipline. What do we need?
S1: You can take him out of Alaska, but you can't take Alaska out of him. Carl is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S3: What do you believe to be true about yourself? If you had to pin down your identity? Who are you? It's easy to start to pin on. I am this based on your family, based on your job, based on your accomplishments. But who are you in Christ? It's so important that we have our identity in Christ fixed and rooted. We're going to get some help with this with Doctor Richard Blackaby joining us. Coming up.
S1: Your shot of hope to help you through the day. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: Well, we've been tackling identity in Christ and identity in Christ. I think it was popularized probably by Neil Anderson in.
S3: Okay.
S2: Uh, I think Neil probably popularized this, but, boy, when he began to speak of the power of identity to overcome so much stuff in this broken and fallen world, it really created an avalanche of teaching on this. And one of the most incredible Bible studies ever is experiencing God, finding where God is working and join him. I mean, come on, that's just I mean, you just lift that from the heart and the pulse of experiencing God. And one of those minds behind all this is Doctor Richard Blackaby. You know, Richard, thanks for being with us here. First off, today, thank you for being with us. But this whole issue of identity in Christ, you know, you can sit there and read bullet points about who you are in Christ. But until those move from almost like print on a page to imprint our heart, they're just words, aren't they, Richard?
S7: Exactly. You know, that's why my dad wanted to go from not just knowing God, but experiencing him because he said, people know a lot about God, but it's not a reality yet. It's just something they know in their head.
S3: Why do you think that is such a disconnect? Because I think that that is the lived experience of so many people that they know a lot. They've acquired a lot of knowledge, but it does feel sort of disconnected from their day to day reality.
S7: We have this sense that if we know about something, that we're actually experiencing it, that it's a reality in our life. And boy, I tell you, if Christians were just experiencing everything they already knew in their head, the the world would be turned upside down.
S2: How do we close that gap? Then? Let's get really practical, by the way, with us right now. Doctor Richard Blackaby. Yep. Richard is president of Blackaby Ministries International. And the impact of this ministry is profound. I mean, around the globe. Translated into many languages. So how do we close that gap, Richard? And I think this is part and parcel of our challenge here. We've got a lot of church attenders, but very few disciples or disciple makers. What is key? What are we missing?
S7: Well, you know, when it comes to discipleship, I think disciples are people who follow Jesus. Uh, they're not people who attend church. They're not people who believe in God. They're not good people. They're people who actually follow a person. Christianity is not a doctrine. Primarily, it's a relationship. It's a relationship with a person. And that's what experiencing God did. It reminded people that it's all about a relationship with a person. It's not just a title. You don't just call yourself a Christian. You don't just believe a certain set of doctrines. You actually start following a person and relating to him, and that changes everything.
S3: Richard Blackaby, our guest right now, talk a little bit about growing up. And, you know, obviously a very spiritually rich environment. Your dad, Henry and your mom, Marilyn Blackaby, talk a little bit about what that was like for you. Obviously, no families are perfect, but you had the benefit of really growing up in such a rich environment, how did that shape you?
S7: Yeah. You know, we were a very ordinary home, a very ordinary house family. But I'll tell you what. My parents acted and lived like God was real. And we were constantly being told to connect what was happening in our world with what God was doing. So if we came home and had a bad day at school, or we're facing a big test or we didn't have money for something, my dad would always put it back in terms of our relationship with God. He'd say, well, so what is God saying about that? How is God providing? If we came with a problem, he'd say, well, have you asked God about that? And we'd keep saying, well, you know, I believe in God. But I mean, this is this is real life. This is practical. Yeah. And my dad would say, well, nothing is more real life than God go to him. And he just refused to take the place of God in our life. And so it just made God real to us even as we were growing up as kids.
S2: You know, I remember listening to your dad at a seminar many years ago, and I believe he's one of the first ones that ever spoke it in a way that I understood it, he said. We're talking a lot to God, but we aren't really taking the time to hear his voice. How much of this relationship with God is lost because we aren't listening to him?
S7: Well, imagine any other human relationship. Imagine a marriage where you did all the talking, you know. Tell me how great of a relationship that would be. It stinks. It's all about interactive and and for a lot of people. And that's when people took experience in God. One of the first things they said was I was never taught that God actually spoke back. I just said my prayers every day. I just recited all the things I wanted him to do. But it never occurred to me that he might actually have some things he wanted to say to me, and that just revolutionized people's relationship. And when you realize when you talk about identity that you actually are in a loving relationship with the person who created the universe and that he actually wants to spend time with you, you can't tell me that you're not a significant person if God wants to spend time with you.
S3: Doctor Richard Blackaby. Our guest right now, and I know you regularly work with Christian CEOs of fortune 500 companies. You speak nationally on leadership. What's the biggest identity thing? I mean, not too broad of a brush, but there's some commonality in terms of the identity issues that high achieving Christians, those who've been maybe walking with God for a long time. But what's the identity piece that's often still missing?
S7: Well, you know, we're always letting someone else tell us who we are. Whether it's our kids that we grew up, you know, our parents that told us we were the smart one, the pretty one, the whatever, the rebel. Maybe kids at school, maybe it was our boss. But I think the problem is, and I've known people that were literally billionaires who were still deep down, trying to prove to their dad that they weren't a loser. And it's like, you've earned billions. Like you're very successful. You're still trying to convince someone who's dead now that you're a worthwhile person. And it's amazing to me because people could be very successful and yet still their identity is being driven by, you know, their childhood experiences in their home. And, and I would say God wants to set you free from that. God wants to set your identity. He wants to say your your mind. You're my child. You're loved by me, and I walk with you daily. That's your identity, not what some bully said to you when you were in middle school.
S2: Okay, let's break this down. Let's get really practical here, Richard, because the conviction that I have that I've stumbled upon after now decades of being a pastor, is that we have introduced a level of disciplines that has actually launched us into a relationship with God that is very transactional. So here's what I mean. Praying, Bible study, church attendance, serving, giving all those things. But we've left out some of the most essential disciplines, which is modeled by Jesus quietness. Solitude, Attitude. Introspection. David's prayer. Search me. Know me. Try me when I say that to you. What do you say? What's your experience telling you?
S7: Well, two things. One is the disciplines are great, but they are a means. They're not an end. And I see a lot of people that use disciplines as an end. It's like, I'm going to do my Bible reading today. I'm going to save my prayers today. I'm going to make myself do all these things that Christians are supposed to do. But that's not a relationship. You don't enter into a relationship with a discipline. You enter a relationship with a person and you see the disciplines are things we can control. We get up every day and decide, okay, I'm going to spend 30 minutes reading my Bible. I'm not going to spend any time in quiet because I don't really like that anyway. I'm an extrovert, so I'll lean over here. But we're in charge, right? We're calling all the shots. You're right. But when you relate to a person who's far superior to you, who's your creator, well, then he calls the shots and he may lead you into quiet. He may lead you into meditation or into fasting, things that you wouldn't normally gravitate toward yourself. He's the one in charge, then, but often we're still in charge of our disciplines, and so we sort of customize them into the ones we like, and we avoid the ones we don't like, but we're still in charge. When you start to relate to God, you're not in charge anymore. People will say, well, I you know, I did my quiet time, then I was done or I prayed till I was finished. And sometimes I'll say, well, was God finished? Good word. Did God release you or were you just done? I suspect if we waited till God released us from our quiet times, we might spend a bit more time doing them.
S2: Yeah. And and realize oftentimes we compartmentalize quiet times. And so we got quiet time and hope that the fumes of that carries on. But the fact is, I mean, all our time can be with God. All right. Personal question what's God showing you lately in the quiet places?
S7: Well, to slow down, for one thing, I'm a type A driven person, and I like to get a lot done. I'm a hard worker, but God is saying I can get more done walking slowly with him, quietly with him than I can, running 90 miles an hour at a frenetic pace. And I mean, some people need to speed it up. But for me, people like me, I think slowing down is an act of faith to say, I'm going to trust God with this. But sometimes for me, just slowing down, I miss too much of God. Again, you sometimes you can feel like your work is the relationship. But God didn't call me to work. He called me to abide and he said, apart from him, I could do nothing. I'm having to learn that that charging off and getting a lot done is not the essence of the Christian life. It is staying as close to Christ as I possibly can. And when you do that, stuff just happens. Fruit just appears and you bear fruit and you don't even know how it happened. You just were staying close to Jesus. And I think that's the secret to really abundant, full Christian life.
S3: Wow. If you got nothing else out of this conversation, I hope you grabbed on to that last little bit.
S2: It. That's.
S3: Wow.
S2: That's the payoff.
S3: That is the payoff. And if you want more from Doctor Richard Blackaby, he has a blog that I want to point you to. More on abiding with Christ. Abiding in Christ text walk to 855 five 7898. Walk to 855 five 7898.
S1: It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S3: Why are you dancing? What's happening with those shoulders?
S2: They're moving. They're moving. Sometimes you got to move it. Move it. Sometimes you just got to do it. It's not even a dad dance. I try to emulate Ali. I try to, I try to do everything. You know, as.
S3: Far as dance moves go, I think super die is the one who's leading. We want to follow, no doubt because of the dancing crew.
S2: Yeah, but she won't. She hasn't. We need to do another choreographed video. We need to do.
S3: Do we.
S2: Do remember that one we did back yonder? Yeah. Back when? Back when we all felt a little more spry.
S3: Super die choreographed a little eight count for us, and one of the four of us nailed it. And her name was Superdog. The rest of us did our best.
S5: Hey, great. That was good.
S3: Come on, Carl. We did our best.
S2: We did. We gave it. We gave it a good shot. Uh, speaking of good shot, we got a really good one coming up here. I want to give it to you. It's time to follow us on Facebook and Insta. Insta.
S3: You got it.
S2: When you try to go abbreviated and you get the wrong abbreviation, then you really got a problem. So yeah, you want to get on Insta or Facebook and follow us and here's why. Thank you. Because we've got a whole new level of communication with you coming soon, and I don't want you to miss it when it comes out. Bottom line, we'd love to have you follow us.
S3: Yes. Just search Carl and crew. Carl with a K crew with a C, you'll find us on Facebook and Instagram. Would love to have you join us there so you can get the updates and some of the new content that is coming your way very soon. Carl and crew. Facebook and Instagram.