S1: Hi friend, thanks so much for downloading this broadcast and it is my hope that you'll hear something that will challenge you, grow you up in him, and get you out into the marketplace of ideas. But before you start listening, let me take a moment and tell you what this month's truth tool is. It's the Mediterranean Sea Rules by Robert Morgan. I talked to him often on the air because he's such a superb writer, and in this particular book, he takes the story of Paul's shipwreck, recorded in the book of acts, and gives us ten principles of how we push through the storm, learning to trust in God and all that he has done for us. It's a magnificent book. It's a short book, and in typical Robert Morgan writing style, it is a powerful book. I strongly recommend that you have a copy of The Mediterranean Sea Rules, because trust me, every single one of us will find ourselves on stormy seas at some point in our voyage through life. As for your copy of the Mediterranean Sea Rules by calling 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Or go online to. In the market with Janet Parshall. Scroll to the bottom of the page. There's the book. Click it on, make Your Gift and we'll send you a copy. My way of saying thank you because we are listener supported radio. Your gifts keep this broadcast on the air. By the way, if you'd like to give regularly, you're called a partial partner. You give every single month a level of your own choosing. You always get the truth tool. But in addition, I'll send out a weekly newsletter that only my partial partners get. It contains my writing and a little audio piece as well. So pray about it and thanks in advance. Just call eight 7758 or online at in the Market with Janet Parshall. Again the truth tool the Mediterranean Sea rules. Thanks so much. And now please enjoy the broadcast. Hi friends. This is Janet. Partial. Thanks so much for choosing to spend the next hour with us. Today's program is prerecorded so our phone lines are not open. But thanks so much for being with us and enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: The conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S3: Extremely rare safety move by a major.
S5: 17 years the Palestinians and Israelis.
S3: This is not.
S1: Hello, friends. Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. So glad you're joining me today. You know, on a regular basis, we tell you to pray for our men and women in uniform. And I think when you hear our conversation today, you're going to understand why this all volunteer military force that we have here in the United States are a group of men and women who should be prayed for on a regular basis. Now, truth be told, sometimes there's a benefit. Sometimes you go into the military because you can get an education that you might not otherwise be able to afford, and that's okay. But sometimes you go into the military because something happens in the world, in your life personally, where you decide to respond to something that's greater than yourself. I have told you, I have heard many, many times over the year how many people decided that they would step into the world of the military as a result of nine over 11 that we realized that we woke up and the world wasn't as safe as we thought it was. That truth, honor, value, and valor are points worth fighting for, and that sometimes you decide to serve not just your country, but your God by responding to evil in the world. By the way, the biblical purpose of government is to protect us from evil. And so a lot of our men and women go into the military for that reason as well. But then it raises the question, why do they re-up? Why do they stay in? What happens if they really and truly fall in love with the people that they're defending, and they really want to throw out a lifeline, quite literally, not figuratively to those who have been left in harm's way. There are all kinds of questions here, and we talk about the military on a fairly regular basis, because first and foremost, I believe the church needs to recognize the men and women who are serving and a couple of takeaways right away just to set the stage here. It's never the person in uniform. It's always the entire family. While you're sleeping in your bed at night, somebody's up keeping the watch right? And while you are snuggled in a safe place at night, there are people out there defending us from others who wish to tear us apart as a country. And so we need to remember that service. We need to look around and say, Lord, what can I do to help? So I want to encourage you right out of the gate. Babysit their kids, give them a weekend away. Bring them covered dish. Pray for them on a regular basis. And understand that both the husband and the wife in terms of a married couple, are serving, and they need the support of the church. When one part hurts, we all hurt. And so I want to remind the church to be very, very tuned in to our military men and women. Because I woke up this morning and the world, by the way, was not a particularly safe place. And I also read my Bible because I want to go through life with the newspaper in one hand and the Bible in the other. And my guess is that it's going to get rough. In fact, wasn't it our Savior himself who said that we were going to hear wars and rumors of wars? That's the case that automatically involves the military, does it not? So pay attention. Look at your watch. He's coming again. I want to talk again with Chad Robichaux of every single conversation I've had with Chad has been impactful. This is a man who absolutely loves his country. His curriculum vitae is like something out of a movie. In fact, if they don't make Chad's life into a movie, I myself am going to be pretty disappointed because he's the founder of a fabulous organization called Mighty Oaks, the president and the founder. He is brokenhearted that we're seeing over 20 people a day in the military, vets or those in active duty taking their lives. Something's broken here and it needs to be fixed. He is a you know, there's no such thing as a former marine. So I want to be very careful with my language. Here is the US Marine Corps Force Recon vet. He's a best selling author. He's a pro MMA champion, and he's a fabulous author. His latest book is called Saving Aziz How the Mission to Help one became a calling to Save thousands. And he's traveling across the country right now on a press junket for this book. So I am so thankful I caught up with Chad in a hotel in a big city somewhere in America so he can talk to us about this book. So first and foremost, Jeb. Welcome, brother. It's so good to have you back again on behalf of everybody listening all across the country. Thank you, thank you, thank you for your service to our country. And may God enlarge your territory as a result of this fantastic, compelling, heartbreaking book called saving. Aziz, good to be with you again.
S6: Thanks so much for having me on, Janet. And thanks for those those kind words as well.
S1: Well, I tell you what, you are something else. All right. I want to do a flyover on several things. Our friends listening all across the country, particularly if they have no point of reference for the military other than a movie that they have on TV, they see on TV. They need to know something about what it's like. So for you personally, how many deployments did you have overseas?
S6: Well, I did I did eight deployments, uh, in Afghanistan. I was a Force Recon Marine, and I was a very privileged to be on a JSOC, Joint Special Operations Command task force and did, uh, all eight of my combat deployments to Afghanistan.
S1: Wow. And in your role as, um, someone who was serving in Afghanistan, primarily, what was your job?
S6: So, um, you know, as a Force Recon marine, uh, I went to this task force and did a job that, uh, is not not very common, uh, commonly known. It's called a AFO advanced force operator. And that job is essentially doing, uh, all the clandestine logistics to go ahead of your special operations unit and build, uh, infrastructure to put them on target to capture or kill bad guys. And so you typically work in this role in what's called a singleton capacity, meaning you're working by yourself, maybe with one other teammate and local nationals kind of blending into the environment and creating a reason to be in that environment. And, uh, and then going into non-permissive areas and just building, uh, the ability to build to put your assault teams on target to get those bad guys. And, uh, so that's what that's what I actually did on all eight of my deployments and, and, uh, and the local national that I had assigned to me, uh, was a zis into the book. You know, the title of the book is Saving Aziz. Aziz was my started up as my interpreter and ultimately, uh, became my teammate. And it's in and out. You know, even more than that became my friend. The two of us, you know, went on operations all over the mountains of Afghanistan into Pakistan. And, uh, and doing that work together. Hundreds of missions, uh, together. And, uh, you know, he was responsible for saving my life on multiple occasions, uh, very specifically, but probably every day, you know, don't walk there. Don't eat that. Don't talk to that person. If you talk right now, they're gonna kill us. So, uh, you know, his his his, uh, wit, his, uh, experience, his love and passion for, uh, for his fellow man and and his care for me, you know, kept me alive every day. And and, uh, you know, we leaned on each other and and, uh, we got to know each other very well, obviously, uh, spending that much time together weeks and months together. If you could imagine being on a car ride with someone for ten hours, how long you would how much you get to know them. But we were together for the two of us for weeks and months. And so, uh, and then we came back from those operations. Uh, I didn't go to base off the base, and he went home. I went to his home. And, you know, after the first warm meal we got after being in those cold, cold mountains, we'd be cooked by his wife and I'd play games with his nieces and nephews, and I held his manhood in my arms. His oldest son and daughter when they were born as babies.
S1: Wow. Wow. Well, when we come back, I want to find more about this relationship. Because it isn't just the story of saving Azadeh. It's saving a whole lot more people in Afghanistan. Chad Robichaux is with us. Saving Azadeh, brand new book back after this. Life storms can make us feel shipwrecked and lost. But there's wisdom in Scripture's most dramatic sea voyage in Mediterranean Sea Rules, Robert Morgan reveals powerful principles from Paul's shipwreck in the Book of Acts. Ten biblical rules that will equip you to navigate life's toughest waters with confidence and courage. As for your copy of The Mediterranean Sea Rules, when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call eight 7758. That's 877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. Chad Robichaux is with us, a former Force Recon Marine and Department of Defense contractor. He's also the co-founder of a group called Save Our Allies, which is a nonprofit that was established to try to rescue those who got left behind in Afghanistan. As a result of his own struggles with PTSD, he founded the Mighty Oaks Foundation. He's a wonderful speaker. If you ever get a chance to hear him, and he's got a podcast and wonderful books, but his latest book is called Saving Aziz How the Mission to Help one Became a Calling to Save thousands. So let me go back to your relationship with Aziz, because I want people to understand how this relationship works as an AFO. Did you find disease on your own or were you assigned him? And who does the vetting to make sure that Aziz is someone that is safe and will work with you, and that he's not really Taliban in disguise?
S6: Yeah. So, um. Aziz began as an interpreter before me when, uh, when nine over 11 happened, he had, uh, he was already in exile because of, uh, he got caught teaching, uh, English in the underground, uh, during the Taliban's rule. And, uh, in 1999. So he had, uh, he had left the country in exile. And when he heard his father told him, hey, the Americans are here. Uh, they're fighting the Taliban. He thought it was his opportunity to come back and and fight for freedom and democracy in his country. Uh, one of the things I've always admired about him is he. He's someone that never even had seen or experienced freedom of democracy, but he understood it in a way that I believe most Americans don't even understand it. And he desired it for his for his future daughters and his children, uh, women's rights. Uh, he was always had these, these kind of beliefs in his mind. And he wanted to fight for it. So he came back to Afghanistan and went and applied for, uh, the special, uh, third Special Forces Group and became a combat interpreter for third Special Forces Group. Then he went to the presidential, uh, the presidential, uh, detail for the, uh, anti-terrorism, uh Anti-Terrorism task force did some time there. And then from there he got picked up and recruited for our JSOC task force and, uh, and was able to work where we worked. He was heavily vetted, uh, uh polygraphed. And at one point, eventually, after after he was with us for a while, he even had access to top secret information. And so, you know, very trusted, uh, uh, and and that trust was earned over, over time.
S1: Yeah. You answered the question exactly as I anticipated, vetted. Trusted. Which raises an important point for our listeners not to miss Chad. And that is that not everybody who lives in Afghanistan is a fan of the Taliban, that these terrorists don't just want to destroy us, they're also going after their own people. And that's important to point out.
S6: Oh, yeah. I mean, you're talking, you know, 40 million people in Afghanistan right now, currently 20 million women and little girls are being, you know, sexually enslaved the rest of their life. The Taliban is not, uh, a popular, uh, uh, uh, sect of leadership in Afghanistan. And, uh, it's, you know, Taliban at the time of the, of the, uh, withdrawal, there's about 75,000, uh, strong. So, um, most, uh, Afghans, I mean, Afghanistan is in complete chaos and terror right now because of because of the Taliban. And, uh, it's not a they're not, uh, definitely not a popular amongst Afghan people. Uh, most, most Afghans are simple people that want to just live their way of life, enjoy their, their farms and, and their families and and uh, or not ideology. Ideology have that same ideology as, uh, as a Taliban.
S1: Exactly. Well, and one of the things you write about in the book, there were so many that were illustrative of who the Taliban are, as you write about a 55 year old man leading an 11 year old girl by the hand, and that was his wife, and that it is not uncommon just for safety and security, for people who are starving under a terrorist regime to sell someone for $500 and then their daughter becomes a child bride. So it's it's a very broken country, and it's a country with a long broken history. You talk about some of that in the book, which was tremendous. But because I'm bound by one hour of your time and the clock will fly by on this conversation. April 2021. I'm not in the military. I'm in Washington, DC, and I love the military, and I've grown to love them even more. Just being here. Something about being in this town when America's fortress, otherwise known as the Pentagon, gets hit by a jet and all of a sudden you realize exactly how men and women put their lives on the line on a regular basis. They're too often forgotten in a post-truth culture. And so I love having conversations like this so we can remember our men and women in uniform and thank them and pray for them and support them in any way we can on a regular basis. So April 2021 rolls around, and the president at the time is Joe Biden, and he makes the announcement that we're going to withdraw. Again, I'm not a military strategist. Why would you tell the bad guys when we're going to leave?
S6: Yeah, it was a couple of problems with with him doing that. One is that, uh, you you would never in a negotiating situation, you would never give, uh, a date. You would never give a timeline, you would always give terms. If we're if we're all going to withdraw. And I'll get into why I don't believe we should have withdrew. But if we are going to withdraw, then, um, then you would give terms. We will leave when we get, uh, the United States citizens out. We'll leave when we get all of our allies interpreters out. We will leave when we get our $85 billion of equipment out. We'll leave when we have a proper transfer of government. So that's that's the major mistake that I believe President Biden made. And I don't believe it was accident or incompetence. I believe it was very deliberate, personally. Uh, secondly, um, the American people were sold a very, uh, big lie, and it was done over a period of time. That was his belief. And I think most Americans probably believe this because of unfortunately, because of they were led to believe this, that we were in a 20 year war in Afghanistan. It was an endless war. And at some point we had to give out because America's sons and daughters were dying. And the reason that's not true is because in 2018, the US military switched from a conventional, uh, role in fighting the Taliban in Afghanistan to a support and advisory role to the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police. Not only did the United States do that, but the entire international community did and were participating, and we were doing it on this base, Bagram Air Force Base, which is the most strategic place on the globe between Iraq, Iran, Russia and China. And we were doing it with only 2500 troops at some points. And the high end was 4000 troops, which was the number during a withdrawal. And and to think that we would give away this base, the strategic location that was working to keep terrorism at bay in the mountains of Afghanistan is just insane to me. There was no reasoning. The Joint Chiefs advised the president against it. All the intelligence leaders that advised the president advised him against it, and he chose to do it anyway, and he chose to do it hastily. It was not ours to give away. The entire international community, uh, was participating here, but the white House did not negotiate with our NATO partners, any of our allies. They didn't even negotiate with the Afghan government that we put in place in the last 20 years. The only people the white House talked to was the enemy of 20 years, the Taliban. And and that's a question that's never been asked on media or a news outlet to the president. And certainly no one's been held accountable for that. Why would we talk to the enemy and not the government that we put in place? The turnover.
S1: And.
S6: Turnover, the most strategic place on the globe.
S1: And ideas have consequences. This was a bad idea and there were horrific consequences. You write about them powerfully and eloquently in Saving Aziz. I'm going to come right back, pick up that date in April. It gets even worse in September. You know what that was like. I want to talk about it when we get back. Chad Robichaux, our guest. More after this. Visiting with Chad Robichaux, who is the author of the book Saving Aziz How the Mission to Help One, Became a calling to rescue thousands from the Taliban. He's also the founder and the president of the Mighty Oaks Foundation. This the Lord used that in his life, by the way, with his own battles with PTSD, and now he's using it to help so many others who struggle in this area as well. You and I need to support Chad in this effort. By the way, if we can't think of any other way to thank our men and women for serving us, we need to serve them in their time of need. I want to, I want to, before I get to the chaos at the airport, as you entitled one chapter of the book. And by the way, I tell you in full disclosure, Chad, I couldn't put it down. Forget Jack Ryan. This was like reading a movie script. It was stunning. And the fact that it was real made it difficult for me in many sections. But it was a quickening of my heart to recognize, well, there's so much work yet to be done. Tell me about Task Force 68. Why was it named? What was it designed to do?
S6: Well, Task Force 68 was, uh, we we, uh, picked it up from the the verse that many people know. Isaiah 68. Uh, here am I send me. And, uh, that's that was the heart of everyone that we you know, when I decided I need to go get my friend, uh, Aziz, uh, and this withdrawal and go rescue my friend and his wife and his six kids. I put together a team of about about 12 guys, all former special operations guys who had a lot of maturity and experience and would would, you know, be okay with not going and doing anything, uh, uh, bravado, just going to rescue people. And, uh, and they had the experience to do it and, uh, some specific skill sets I was looking for. And so we put this team together and we, uh, and, uh, I think everyone's heart was just burdened, and I believe it was burdened by God to go help people that couldn't help themselves. And, and, uh, and, and to give a name and identifier to what we did is, um, Isaiah, Isaiah six eight, task force six eight. Send me and and as we're putting this team together, we, we, uh, quickly realized that, um, this wasn't not just a disease in his family, but this was a lot more people, Americans, women and children, uh, and other interpreters, Christians have been persecuted. And this one particular group of 3500 orphans that one of our team members identified, and we just paused for a second and said, this is going to be bigger than a disease. Let's let's get as many people as we can and, and, uh, I believe, um, like, like I said earlier, I believe God had put the burden on our hearts. And we've gotten a lot of credit. I think, uh, we've gotten we've gotten recognized by Congress. We've gotten, uh, I've got the Bonhoeffer Achievement Award. Um, but, uh, all that credit, the only thing I really feel comfortable, uh, accepting is the fact that we felt that a calling on us and we were obedient to say yes. And the the reason I say that is because everything that happened after that was just a divine miracle. I mean, uh, I, I think the Bible says in, in Second Corinthians 1130 that if you're going to boast, boast in your weakness. I will be the first to say that none of us had the capability of pulling this off. I'm not smart enough. Capable enough. What happened was beyond our far beyond our ability. Uh, but God had a plan, and he chose to use, uh, use us. And we were able to not only rescue Aziz and his family, but, you know, ultimately, 17,000 people.
S1: Wow. And if you think that's easy, think again. That's why the book is absolutely so riveting. So, Chad, just so I can contextualize this for our friends. So you've got Task Force six eight. You're going to go in, you want to rescue people. I'm going to get to the government's position and what they told us, which turned out not to be true and what the reality was with boots on the ground. But in your relationship with what was going on in Afghanistan, did you have to get permission from DoD? This did this had to be sanctioned by the government? Did you come in as an NGO, non-governmental organization so you'd have access? So how did you get clearance to go in country without the military kicking you out?
S6: Right. That's right. And we had a lot of criticism like, what are you guys doing going there and getting in the way of the military? And, you know, I think it'd be pretty foolish for people to actually sit down and think about it for a second. Think it does. A bunch of veterans have the ability to land a land aircraft on a DoD controlled high airport, load up, load up Afghans, evacuate Afghans and fly them off. Of course we need it. And that was part of this when I said we saw Divine Miracle and a period of three days, several things happened in a sequence of events that that each one of them were impossibilities. And if any one of them would have not happened. This whole thing would not have been possible. The first was exactly what you asked. How do we get permission? Sarah Verardo from an organization called the Independence Fund called the Joint Chiefs and told them our plan, and they approved us to land on HK airport and do civilian evacuations as an NGO. That by itself, anyone that's been around the military knows that's an impossibility.
S1: Exactly.
S6: That should have never happened. And I believe God opened it for us and gave us favor there. Secondly, now we're going to, um, fly people out with SIV visas, uh, SIV applicants, P1, P2 applicants for visas. But these people don't have visas. I can't bring them to the United States. I'm not the State Department. I can only get them out of Afghanistan. So where do I legally bring them to? If you don't have a visa, you bring someone out of a country to another country. That's human trafficking. You just can't do that. So in the, you know, we we maybe if you're in Laredo, Texas, you could do that. But anywhere else in the real world, you can't do that, right. You need permission. So we called some people we knew in the royal family in the UAE and told them what we were going to do, and they were so amazing. They said, bring them here, we'll put them in our humanitarian centre. We're going to have doctors and food and care for them. And they just rolled out the red carpet and they said, in addition, we're going to give you a C-17 military plane. If you fill that up, we're going to give you another one, which is a large that's the large military planes. And then the next day, again, this is three day period. Glenn Beck, who I know you, I believe you know as well. He runs Mercury One Charities. And Glenn just got on the radio just like you. He used his voice and he got on the radio and said, we need to do something about this. And so many amazing people just said, this isn't right from different political parties, different ideologies. People just said, this isn't right. I want to do something. And that's what he did. He got on the radio and said, let's do something. He thought he was gonna raise a few thousand dollars. Well, he raised $21 million overall. He raised 46 million. And he called me and he said, I raised all this money, and I don't have a ground effort to actually help. What can we do? And I said, I know exactly what we're going to do. We're going to start paying to charter planes. And he put a guy named Rudy Atala over to work with us. And, uh, and they charter planes for us. And so all this miraculous came together in a period of three days. And we went in and we started moving heaven and earth. Uh, our ground team was so amazing, getting on the ground, going outside the wire, getting people. And then ultimately, uh, in a period of ten days, because we didn't know how much time we had and a period of ten days, we, uh, we ended up moving 12,000 people until the Abbey gate was blown up and we lost 13 of our service members. Um, wow. And, uh, and then we we chose after that. You know, I know we're about to go on a break, but, uh, we chose after that to stay, and we had to stay.
S1: Uh, let me let me stop you there, Chad. Then we'll pick it up exactly at that point when we return. Jesus told us to go into the world and not run away from it. And he didn't say it would be easy. In the market with Janet Parshall is a program designed to come alongside and walk with you into the marketplace of ideas. Partial partners are those friends who support our program on a regular monthly basis. They know the mandate of influencing and occupying until he comes. So why don't you become part of the inner circle of support? Call 877 Janet 58 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. I just truly hope you're conceptualizing what Chad is talking about here. It is so miraculous in the way in which Chad is, first of all, with me today, that thousands of people were literally rescued out of a heart of compassion. And as Chad made the very powerfully eloquent and accurate statement earlier, this isn't a Democrat or Republican issue. This is a fellowship of the brotherhood of man issue. When one when we're hurting, we need to do all that we can to rescue. And these people were left behind, abandoned after 20 years of U.S. involvement. I'm going to get more into that in a minute, but let me just reinstate who Chad is. He's the mighty Oaks president and founder. He struggled with PTSD, comes to faith in Christ. He understands that there's so many people struggling in this area. And so he starts this marvelous organization to help those who are hurting. And I want you to think carefully and prayerfully about supporting this organization. It's fabulous. He's a US Marine Corps Force Recon vet. He's a best selling author and a pro MMA champion. Like I say, Forrest Gump, sit down. You got nothing on Chad Robichaux. He joins us today with the book Saving Aziz How the Mission to Help one became a calling to Save thousands. So you you beautifully went through some of the events on that horrible day. We all remember it. So all of a sudden and you you succinctly. That was what I thought when I saw it. But you likened it for those of us who are of a certain age to Saigon, where people were literally hanging out of the choppers trying to get out of there before the communists came in and were going to take over Saigon, Saigon. But there were people who were trying to get to the airport to get out. We in the States were told there were about 100 Americans. Chad. Fact check, right or wrong.
S6: 100% wrong. And that's you know, I've been in a lot of media this week and I'm like this, this isn't even a debatable. It's almost like insane to me, because this wasn't for the white House to say a hundred people and the media to repeat, a hundred people. Everyone knew that wasn't true. It wasn't a mistake. A poor estimation. It was just not true. And everyone knew it. And they said it anyway. And, uh. And I knew for a fact there were thousands of Americans still there. And another thing that was said was that if Americans are still here, then they just have to go to the airport. Right. If they want to leave, then they just go to the airport. That that is so unconscious at the airport. The white House gave the the Neo operation a non-combatant evacuation operation away from the DoD, where it belonged, and gave it to the State Department. The State Department had no idea has no idea how to do that, because that's not their job and made a catastrophe out of the securing the airport by putting the military as an outer perimeter and not allowed them to go out. So the Taliban has the outer perimeter of the airport now, and whoever controls outer perimeter, the outer ring of a of a ground space actually controls that space. That's the way, uh, ground combat and and and it works. And they control who goes in and out. So the Taliban was the first line of checkpoints to be able to get to the airport. So if American citizen came or green card holder came or someone that had SIV paperwork came to the airport and they showed it to the Taliban. The Taliban was taking their paperwork away. They were beating people. They even they were executing people on the streets. If you were American, you'd have to really have to honestly ask yourself, would you be willing to go to a Taliban who, armed with AK 47 and show them your blue passport and tell them you're American and try to get through? I can't imagine even myself with my experience would do that. And, uh, and so for the white House to sit there and have the audacity to say that Americans just didn't want to get out, they chose to stay. There is a, you know, one. It's it's not true. And two, it's a dereliction of their duty to protect Americans.
S1: Yes, yes. I want to quote something from your book because it says it beautifully. Former Senator Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma. Early in the evacuation, center. Secretary of State Blinken said that there were perhaps 10,000 to 15,000 American citizens in Afghanistan. Our men and women in uniform, working tirelessly and effectively with our diplomats under incredibly difficult circumstances, managed to evacuate about 6000 of our citizens. Now, according to my math, this is. Again, Senator Inhofe speaking. That means that between 4 to 9000 Americans were left behind. But Senator Blinken says that there were only a hundred and that the rest preferred to stay in Afghanistan. That doesn't pass the straight face test. So that is more than bad math, Senator Inhofe said. It is a lie. You write in this book that the Taliban had decapitated someone. They actually held up the decapitated head to taunt the Marines and the military that were there, that these Afghani citizens were so desperate to get out that they would try to pass their babies to the front of the mob, that someone would hopefully get their baby to take them on a plane and get them out. They were mothers, you write, who threw their babies over a fence not knowing that there was barbed wire on the other side, and later it was discovered that there were, what, five babies that had bled out because their children had been thrown on the wire. That's what we call desperation and panic. And you rightfully said that having this secretary, the secretary of State or the State Department rather step in where DoD should have been leading, is akin to having a baggage handler sit in a pilot's seat. It was a debacle to go down in the history books. Unbelievable. So it's chaos at the airport. How in the world, then, do you begin, particularly through your task force, to try to vet out some of these people, pick the people you're going to be able to rescue and to get them out. Because the Taliban could not wait to reinstate Sharia law and the horrific way of living.
S6: Yeah, and they had already begun doing that before the as the withdrawal was even happening. You know, it's a so you know, this this is precision rescue operations. And a lot of people in our team are very trained at doing this. We had to set up operations center in Abu Dhabi. We had to make sure that we were getting the right people because we can't we didn't want to be responsible for, nor would the nor would the Joint Chiefs approve our manifest to bring up the wrong people. Uh, where the DoD plains. And no fault to our military. But the DoD Plains were loaded with people that were unmanifested and not knowing who they were and brought straight to the United States. We were having to manifest that our people and then bring them to a third party country to be further vetted by the State Department. So there's a big difference in how we did things for us. We were getting applications through Cerebral Arteries team in Washington, DC. We had about 25,000in the first weeks. And uh, and we were looking for Sivs, P1, P2 visas, people that had that we had paperwork on or, you know, uh, groups of orphans and children. Uh, so these are the people we were working to get out and, uh, and then we, we would, uh, set up a, set up a ground team of three guys that would go outside the wire of the airport, sometimes miles outside the wire, and we would set up link up points, and we coordinate the linkup, and we'd use a kind of near and far. I don't want to get too far into it, because I don't give away what's called ttps techniques, tactics and procedures for how we do these things. But we would do a, you know, for recognition to make sure there's the right people. We're meeting with the right groups to protect our team. And as we got closer, we'd have these bona fides, seven points of bona fides to make sure that they were the right people. And our ground team, uh, Seaspray, a guy named Seaspray. Write about in the book, Sean G. Tim Kennedy were like the guys mainly on the ground doing that at the airport portion. And they, uh, and they were doing just such a great job getting got. And no one stopped. And our Abu Dhabi team, our ground team. And if you stopped for five minutes, you felt like someone was going to die because, you know, you're trading sleep for their life. Seaspray lost £37 in that ten days. And, uh, it was just nonstop and moving people and, uh, and then getting them to the airport, getting them into the airport through different means to sneak them back into the airport, around Taliban. Of course, we had to identify all the Taliban points and, uh, getting them around Taliban, getting them to the airport and then manifesting them, getting them on a flight, getting them to Abu Dhabi and doing it over and over and over again. Uh, 12,000 people in a period of ten days. And then, um, you know, when that was over, that's when we looked at the situation. And again, the white House is saying what you said, 100 Americans. We're saying thousands. But the truth is, Janet, it doesn't matter if there's one American because you don't leave an American behind in a situation like that. It's a promise that the American people have by their government. It's a promise that wasn't kept. And, uh, and from where I come from, like, we will scorch the earth to go get an American that's in harm's way. And, uh, me and the guys that we were with, we just could not leave. The military was forced to leave, by the way. They didn't want to leave. The military was forced to leave. We didn't have to be forced to leave. We chose to stay. We worked with a whole bunch of amazing other, uh, nonprofits we got. We've gotten a lot of credit for it. But the truth is, there's a lot of amazing nonprofits. We worked in a coalition together with Mercury One Task Force, Argo, you know, Safer Allies and Mighty Oaks work where all the same. And and we were able to get in two months at through Mazar e Sharif, we were able to fly another 5000 people out and, uh, but, you know, you read you read the book and what it. It wasn't over at that point. It was still.
S1: More. Exactly. No. And I want to get to the last part of the book. Wow. I mean, it was just it was a ride through the entire book. But let me go back to our friend Aziz. How many times did you have to try to get him out of the country? It didn't happen the first time. And now at this point, he's married. He's got three children. Uh, and so he's trying to get out, but he still wanted to stay and help. And yet he knew that he was probably being watched by the Taliban. Tell me about how you actually, again, keeping him safe, know trade secrets. How did you get him out?
S6: Yeah. You know, actually, there was, uh, he had six kids, three daughters, three sons and, uh, and, uh, and so why that's important is because, you know, moving six kids, uh, uh, from anywhere from the ages of six to, to 18. And, uh, and these girls were, you know, scared. And they're, they're they're targets. Aziz was a target. Aziz was not just possibly on the list. He was on a list. I mean, I go into in the book about a guy named Bashir who betrayed us back in, uh, back in 2007 and had some of our teammates killed, drove a bomb in the vehicle, bomb into my house and, uh, was trying to kill his ease and had me abducted by a foreign intelligence agency. Like, his guy was like a really bad guy. We had caught him, and then he ended up going to jail. But during the Obama administration, he was released. And now he's looking for houses. So we're we're Aziz is definitely a target. And so, uh, moving for him was was scary, uh, for him for scary for his family. And it's in the chaos that you described at an airport, hundreds of thousands of people. And then you got the Taliban shooting in crowds and killing people. Uh, it was crazy. And so it took he had seven failed attempts and, uh, the eighth attempt he didn't want to do. And I just I mean, he's he's been through a lot and and he's a tough dude and, and mentally tough physically tough and and I'm like he's like, I can't do it. And I'm like I'm like, bro, you. You got to like, you have to like, it's not about you. You got this kid. You got to get to the airport. And so the last try, he's like, he's like, I'm gonna try one more time. The last try, I was able to get him to the airport, With the linkup I had was, uh, Sean G. He was on the other side of the airport, and he couldn't get to where Aziz was. And so thank God we had the help of an amazing, uh, man named named Sean High, who is a Air Force special operations guy that was on the airport. And we were like, can you get to the gate and just get him through the gate? And he was willing to do it, and he was able to get his ease in the gate. And I remember him sending the picture of me showing him that he was safe inside the airport. And, uh, wow, my heart leapt with joy.
S1: I'll bet it did. But as you say, Aziz, not only a friend and a brother as you call him so often in the book, but he became emblematic for all of those other freedom loving Afghans who wanted to get out and got left behind. More would shedrow which I right after this. It's a must read. It's called Saving Aziz. It's written by our guest, Chad Robishaw, a former Force Recon Marine and Department of Defense contractor. So much more, by the way. Excellent. Powerful speaker. Cares for our men and women in uniform. Cares for his fellow man, as evidenced by the fact that he just decided to go back and do what he could to set free those people who got left behind after the horrible way in which we left Afghanistan. By the way, there's so many things I want to ask you in this last segment, Chad and I knew this hour would go by very quickly, so we should have stayed, as you said before, and the Ana was getting up and running. Tell me why. Because again, the promise made by the current president was, we're going to get out. We're going to do it demonstratively on the 20th anniversary of nine over 11. And it will go down in history as an absolute failure. That is not a political statement. That's a factual observation. So why do you think we should not have left? What if we were there today? What would our capacity and our role be? And why should we not have left?
S6: Well, you know, again, you know, Bagram Air Force Base is the most strategic location on the globe between Iraq, Iran, Russia and China. That's the reason we should not have left. It's the strategic and strategic location that we need as America, to keep America safe and prevent us from further wars. So the excuse that getting us out of war actually puts us in a situation to where we're more likely to get in a war by not having that strategic stronghold with a contingency of only 2500 troops. So our role would be us participating in an international effort that that could we could have turned over that base to to NATO and not the Taliban and, and participate in an international effort that the entire rest of the world were participating in to keep the world safer by by supporting and advising the Afghan National Army and Afghan National Police. And but we didn't get the world. We didn't give the world a chance to even have a say. So in that we only talked to the Taliban. And, you know, when you look at this, it's not consistent historically with successful military strategy of the United States, if you think about that, in contrast to World War Two, when we left World War Two, uh, we kept contingents in, uh, Japan and Germany. In fact, we still have 80,000 troops in Japan since World War two and 40,000 troops in Germany since World War II. And it kept the world stable. We still have 35,000 troops in South Korea since the Korean War. And it keeps that 38 peninsula, uh, stable. Uh, so America's role in the world is very important in these strategic locations are very important. And in a, you know, one person in the president, United States should never be able to forfeit such a strong location, uh, that the rest of the world is impacted by. And I tell you, the world because of that, not only did we lose American lives, not only did we leave American lives behind, not only did we abandon our allies and weaken our bargaining power for future wars to be able to have the support of local nationals, but we, uh, we we single handedly made the world a much more dangerous place. And there's evidence of that right away. When you see, uh, al-Zawahiri walking freely around, you know, al Qaeda al-zahiri walking freely around, uh, Afghanistan and Kabul just months after, uh, the withdrawal.
S1: Yeah. Exactly. Right. Again, it's a problematic country. It is a nation of conflict. We have had an involvement for four presidencies, so it's not easy. But it doesn't mean there isn't a strategic aspect to what's going on over there that needs to be dealt with. So move it if you would. Chad. From the military to the humanitarian. You know, God should be thanked for the fact that because of your efforts and the efforts of so many, what you did is you saw close to 30,000, if not more, rescued out of Afghanistan. But this is a nation of multiple millions of people. So what is the state humanitarianly in Afghanistan right now? In other words, this is far from over. What do we do?
S6: Well, I mean, you know, towards the end of our. That's why we right after the airport evacuations, we chose to go into into Tajikistan and build routes to help people get out. And myself and Dennis Price were able to go into, into Tajikistan and literally built a spent ten days on the on the border with Chinese military and Russian military and and the Taliban there and build a did 90 miles of border reconnaissance and built six routes droughts out by swimming across the river every night and and and building those routes out. It was so important because it thousands of people are still trying to get out as 20, 40 million Afghan Afghans, there are 20 million women that are going to be sexually enslaved. They don't even have not only can they not go to school anymore, not only are they forced into burqas and having forced marriages, but they've been told last week that they're not allowed to see male doctors. And which may sound like, okay, well, they don't want to see male doctors. They can see female doctors. Well, women are allowed to be educated. So healthcare for women in Afghanistan is gone. Uh, they're executing people. They're beating people. Their Sharia law already in place. Uh, this is, you know, a nightmare. And, uh, people are being starved. There's no economic stability in Afghanistan. And, you know, and I, I was so happy to hear about these, um, these Congress saying there's going to be investigations because I'm not optimistic enough to believe that, uh, anyone's going to be held accountable, but at least people will know, um, at least people will know. And that's one of my goals with this book. Um, and I, I knew when we wrote this book it was going to be suppressed. My Instagram has been and my social media has been just pretty much dialed to zero over the last weeks. The Pentagon held my book in review for five months. Um, this. I knew it was going to be suppressed by it. Uh, so I'm not optimistic. But despite all that, the world needs to know the truth about what happened in Afghanistan because we can never let it happen again. And that needs to be told. And also, I think it's important, one of the other messages I want to be told to this book is that when the governments of the world won't do the right thing, there's still good people that will. And we all have our differences and we all have our disagreements. But one of the most beautiful things I've seen through this is people that follow me on social media that don't even like me would write me and say, hey, I follow you, I don't like you, I don't agree with you, but what you're doing is a good thing. Uh, can I where can I donate? Uh, these are people, like, from the far other side of the political spectrum as me. Where can I donate? Where can I support? We had a Jewish organization. We want to make, uh, $1.5 million donation to pay for two flights. And they went to donate. And the guy called me up and he said, we can't make the donation. And I thought maybe I gave him the routing number wrong. He said, you're a Christian organization. We're a Jewish organization. We can't give this money to you guys. And I was like, okay, but do you realize we're rescuing Muslims? And he said, we laughed and he said, yes. And and we made the donation and we we partnered and locked arms to help people, you know, Jewish organization gave money to Christian organization to rescue Muslims and Muslims. It was all showing the love of God to people.
S1: Isn't that the truth? Isn't that the truth? By the way, Chad, you're being modest. You talk about that situation with Dennis. I had goosebumps when I was reading those chapters. What happened at night, the recon, the fact that there were Russian troops and Chinese troops and that you were being looked at through scopes and you had to cross through a river and you were told, don't do it because your body will go in hypothermia and you'll cramp up and you won't be able to do it. And you said, ah, I can do it where you set up camp, keeping the watch all night long. I mean, you just flew through that. And yet I when I was reading it, it, I thought, wow, forget DoD checking the facts. It's just it's beyond the pale of what the average person experiences in their life. And you did it for one reason because of your love for your fellow man. That's a profound takeaway, by the way, in the copy of the book that I have, it's redacted. There's all kinds of things redacted out because the Pentagon did go through the book. But the bottom line is, what's there means it's inarguably factual. We were not told by the legacy media the facts of what went on. There are brokenhearted people hurting people that got left behind. So I want you to follow what Chad is doing. I got a link on my website. This is an issue about loving our fellow man again, that story that Chad just told you. A Jewish organization giving to a Christian organization for the rescue of Muslims. Imago dei the image of God and our fellow man, whether they're American or Afghan. Chad, I just pray that your book leaves an everlasting imprint on the lives of so many. Thank you for who you are and all you do. See you next time, friends.