S1: Hi friend, thank you so much for downloading this podcast and I truly hope you hear something that edifies encourage, equips, enlightens, and then gets you out there in the marketplace of ideas. But before you go, I want to tell you about this month's truth tool. It's called Have You Ever Wondered? And I absolutely love this topic because if you're like me, going out into the night sky and looking up and seeing a million stars, don't you just stop and think about God? And are you not in a moment of awe and wonder or looking out over the vast expanse of an ocean and you start thinking, what is man, that thou art mindful of him? And it makes you wonder about the magnificence of God? I think that sense of wonder was put there on purpose, and this wonderful book includes a composite of multiple authors who have written from their perspective as a scientist, or a historian, or a mathematician or an artist, on why they all have this sense of awe through the work that they do. In other words, the heavens declare the glory. And as it tells us in Romans, we are really without excuse because his handiwork is everywhere. And this book invites you to walk through the chapters written by people who all have a sense of awe and wonder when it comes to God through their various disciplines in life. It's an amazing book and it's yours. For a gift of any amount, just call 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Ask for a copy of Have You Ever Wondered? And we'll send it right off to you as my way of saying thank you, because we are listener supported radio. Or you can go online to in the market with Janet Parshall and you're also on the website, consider becoming a partial partner. Those are people who give every single month at a level of their own choosing. You always get the truth tool, but in addition to that, you get a weekly newsletter that includes my writing and an audio piece just for my partial partner. So 877 Janet 58 or the website in the market with Janet Parshall. Consider becoming a partial partner or asking for this month's truth tool. Have you ever wondered? And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: The conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a major.
S4: 17 years the Palestinians and Israelis negotiated.
S5: Today is not over. Hi, friends.
S1: Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. A very happy Friday to you. And if you're counting these things, today is the official first day of summer, and it is the longest day of the year. Hey, look, if it's got to be long day, it should be a Friday, right? Because we're about to go to a weekend, so I think that's great. We have so much news to talk about. And when I do say we, I'm not interpreting Queen Victoria, who always spoke in plural pronouns before pronouns were a thing. I'm saying it because Craig Partial is with me as he is on Fridays, and today is particularly important because he brings not a width and depth and broad knowledge of the United States Constitution and American jurisprudence. But I would say that his knowledge of the word, that precious word that changes everything. Well, his knowledge is much greater in that area as well. So he's just the perfect person to have on these Friday conversations. Because what we do is this we take a look at what they're selling in the marketplace. A lot of this stuff really good truth with a capital T, a boatload of stuff that's shabby goods. Okay. Makeup. Makeup. Makeup ideas. Fake ideas. Counterfeit ideas. Vain and hollow philosophies. Don't you love that? Love the language of the word that comes. I wish I'd come up with that myself. I didn't, but I borrowed it from a better place. Comes right out of the book of Colossians. And so we take a look at some of those vain and hollow philosophies. Why? Because we're growing up. We're going to get some spiritual heft on our bones. We're going to get off that diet of milk, moved to a diet of meat. Know what we believe, why we believe it, and then better contend for the faith. Can I get an amen? Thank you. And if you look at the headlines around us, I think the time for mature saints willing to suit up and get up and get out and influence and occupy until he comes is now. Now more than ever before. So put your seatbelts on. Keep your hand inside the ride at all times, because we are going to go round robin on a whole bunch of topics, including a big, I mean biggie that came down from the United States Supreme Court earlier this week in a case entitled The United States versus Skrmetti. I turn now to my great friends at CBN news. They put together a great package that serves as a summary. Have a listen.
S6: In A63 decision, conservative justices ruled in favor of Tennessee's ban on health care workers providing transgender procedures to minors, such as hormone injections and puberty blockers, in an effort to change a teenager's sex. Those who wanted the Tennessee law struck down argued it violated the constitutional right to equal protection by discriminating against transgender people in denying them certain medical care. But Chief Justice John Roberts, writing for the majority, said it does not violate the equal protection guarantee of the 14th Amendment. However, in her dissent, Justice Sonia Sotomayor said the ruling authorizes untold harm to transgender children.
S7: The Supreme Court looked at the Science.
S6: Alliance defending Freedom helped Tennessee's defense.
S7: They did point to the studies coming out of England and even some things here in the United States showing the harm that these drugs and surgeries do.
S6: The ruling reinforces similar bans on transgender procedures in 26 other states.
S8: This means that the two dozen states that have put in these kind of bans are safe now from any kind of challenges. So when it comes to minors, this issue is settled.
S6: The high court's ruling signals a significant setback to the transgender movement, and comes as the Trump administration seeks to ban transgender people from female sports and the military, while defining the sexes as only male and female. Lorie Johnson, CBN news.
S1: Like I said, it's a biggie. Now I've got some more I want to fold into this. I want you to hear some of the things that were said from the High Court. And then I want you to hear a confused parent who's been taken captive by vain and hollow philosophies predicated on this world, rather than on the Word of God. But Craig. Okay. There were so many things in that CBN package that I want to pull out to let our friends understand why we're celebrating this decision from the High Court. First of all, thank you God. It was six three. I'd love A90. But there were three female justices who were in the minority and said no, they made up the three, which is very interesting. But also what we heard was that 26 states have been dealing with this. So when people hear a case that comes out of Tennessee, one of the first questions they have is, okay, well, does the ruling just affect the people who live in the state of Tennessee?
S9: No, this is national. It's national in the sense that if a state passes a an An identical or similar. And by the way, those other states used very similar language, similar provisions in their statutes than Tennessee did. So that's why it was a big win, in my humble opinion, for rational legislation dealing with this burgeoning movement to subject children to these mutilating procedures and also hormone therapies that can cause permanent damage. Um, what the Supreme Court said was very important. First of all, they they approached it, uh, from a preliminary, uh, aspect of how high a hurdle are we going to set for states that want to legislate? And that's an important issue. Uh, I would I enjoyed my time as a member of the high school track team, and I remember and I didn't run hurdles, but there were high hurdles and low hurdles. Uh, and low hurdles mean you can get over faster left less, uh, energy, less of a requirement to jump over a higher amount than a high hurdle. So the original question was, was this a high hurdle or a low hurdle bar that we're going to set for states that want to regulate? Now, the other side, represented by the United States government at the time, under the Biden administration, they accepted this case that originally was some plaintiffs, some parents and children. Um, but the United States, uh, was asked to intervene. They did, and they took over the case and argued it vehemently that, in fact, there ought to be a high bar, uh, that any legislation should cross. And by the way, they argued, and it can't get over that high bar. Now, the Supreme Court said a low bar. And here's the reason why a low bar works for almost all state legislation of any kind, unless it's discriminatory in the sense that it violates fundamental rights. We'll talk about that in a couple of minutes. What a fundamental right is. But there are only a handful of fundamental constitutional rights. And if you impair those, well, then you better have a high bar to justify your legislation. The other aspect is that if a law impacts negatively on protected classes of individuals like race or religion, national origin and so forth, then it has to meet a high bar. But the court said, no, it doesn't deal with those categories. Let's use the low bar and analyze it under that kind of scrutiny.
S1: Okay. And there's more that I know you want to talk about. Again, this is a very significant case. And once again, one has to hope and pray that maybe this is the pendulum of the culture rectifying itself from this bizarre blind. And I do mean spiritually blind adherence to the ideology of transgenderism. Back to common sense. We're going to give you more on the USV Skrmetti case that got handed down six three this week. Everybody within the sound of my voice.
S5: Were all.
S1: Under the umbrella of this protection. Now. Back after.
S5: This.
S1: God uses so much in the world around us to point to him. Our sense of wonder is really about knowing him. That's why I've chosen. Have you ever wondered, as this month's Truth Tool? This book is for all who have looked up at a million stars in the night sky and just wondered. As for your copy of have you ever wondered when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call eight 7758. That's eight 7758 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. This is in the market with Janet Parshall. Craig Parshall is with me as he is on Friday. And we take a look at some of the stories making headlines. But we got a pair of glasses on. It's the lens of Scripture, and we're taking a look at the world around us, starting with this. Thank you Lord. Majorly important decision handed down mid-week this week, 6 to 3 U.S. versus Skrmetti. And it said that the Tennessee law doesn't violate the 14th Amendment's equal protection clause. It was the Tennessee Attorney General, Jonathan Skrmetti, hence the name that defended the law before the High Court in December, saying it was a matter of, quote, protecting kids from the consequences of decisions they cannot fully understand. Now, even if you have just a passing interest in what the courts do, you have to understand that the 14th amendment has kind of become a dumping site for a lot of cases, because some people don't understand what the 14th amendment means. Some judges think it's elastic. Some judges think that if they really can't get clarity, they'll just pull everything out of the, quote, equal protection. Let me give you a classic example of this. So one of the dissenting judges, and as I noted before, all three were women Kagan, Sotomayor and Justice Jackson. When oral arguments were taking place, she made a very interesting and I'll give you a hint. Very flawed comparison of sex changes for kids as being the equivalent of banning interracial marriages. Have a listen.
S10: The question was whether it was discriminatory because it applied to both races, and it wasn't necessarily invidious or whatever. But, you know, as I read the statute here, the excuse me, the case here, um, you know, the court starts off by saying that Virginia is now one of 16 states which prohibit and punish marriages on the basis of racial classifications. And when you look at the structure of that law, it looks in terms of, you know, you can't do something that is inconsistent with your own characteristics. It's sort of the same thing. So it's interesting to me that we now have this different argument, and I wonder whether Virginia could have gotten away with what they did here by just making a classification argument the way that Tennessee is in this case.
S1: Now she's referring to the famous loving case that came out of the state of Virginia that dealt with the idea about a black man or, excuse me, a white man and a black woman being married. And whether or not that was prejudicial and wrong under the Equal Protection clause of the 14th Amendment. But it also, if you picked up on what she was just saying, goes back to what Craig was saying in our first segment together, which is this idea of kind of groups and protected categories. So, you know, it's apples and skyscrapers here, Craig. Again, this is why I say it's kind of a dumping site now with the 14th amendment, because that's all you have to say. Say it's not equal protection. Wait a minute. What Tennessee was arguing was you have to protect kids who can't make decisions for themselves. I don't know what that has to do with interracial marriage. So take that apart.
S9: For us. There's no relationship whatsoever between loving versus Virginia and this case. Uh, in skrmetti, the state of Tennessee was saying, look, uh, the at best, the evidence is hotly debated and, and very divisive of, of two different groups saying whether or not, uh, this gender affirming care, so-called is in fact child abuse and doesn't work and is regretted by the child later on. Um, and the science is lacking in it. So there's the big contest on this, um, as to whether or not a child really ought to be subjected to this as a form of child abuse. And by the way, states have a constitutional right, because whatever rights are not granted by the federal government, by the Constitution, to the federal government, are reserved to the states and to the people. So the states have what we call police power. Um, child welfare is a is a penultimate, uh, area of a state's interest to protect. So, uh, the evidence simply didn't support it. But two adults, first of all, marrying each other with different races. What possible correlation that could have to a minor being subjected to a controversial and sometimes irreversible treatment based on a mental condition of the child, not a consultant consenting adult, but something that a child, a minor says is in their mindset about how they feel about their gender. Not only is one that is loving versus Virginia an objective test? Are they adults? Are they a different races? They should have equal protection. Isn't it adult? No, it's a child. Uh, are we talking about, uh, an adult decision about marriage or that kind of an institutional decision? No, we're talking about medical care that's hotly divided in terms of the camps and potentially harmful and based on an emotional problem. Uh, gender dysphoria.
S5: Yeah.
S1: Well, let me. I was talking about vein and hollow philosophies. I want you to hear a dad who, in fact, he's an Illinois dad, and he claims that his child was two and a half years old. When they knew. When this child knew. I think he was a boy. Defined defining himself as a girl now. But either way, the point is this particular child at two and a half, two and a half. Now think if you've had children, remember where your child was at two and a half. Listen to this, dad.
S11: Most trans kids know that they're trans between the ages of three and seven. My daughter knew around two and a half. She knew. I didn't. I often tell my kids that I'm not smarter than you. I just know different things and the things that our kids know that we don't. Those are the things that make all the difference and the ones we should really listen to. My child is not mentally ill. To begin gender affirming care, she had to speak to more health care professionals than probably anyone in this room ever has.
S1: Well, no, dad, you do know more things than your child. That's why you're the dad. That's why your son is your son. And so I think it's important we understand that. But, see, this is an example of what it means biblically to be caught by vain and hollow philosophies. No. Two and a half child, Craig, are kids at two and a half. I'm not sure. Well, I can tell you definitively they didn't know their alphabet. They couldn't read. They didn't know the colors shapes we were working on. But to say I'm trapped in the wrong body, I would have thought that an alien had moved into our house at that point, because it was beyond the realm of understanding of an average two and a half year old. So when these parents and it's so many, because a lot of them were standing outside the steps of the Supreme Court on the day the decision was handed down, and there were parents of and my heart breaks for these parents, by the way, who were saying, my child knew. One woman said from birth, really? Did your child talk at birth? Because I think there's a bigger problem there. So we've got, again, these parents who are downstream of this deadly I'm going to be bold, demonic ideology and they are taken captive. And the sadder part is, while they're taking captive, their children become irreparably damaged from people who understand that there's a lot of money to be made. And an ideology like this, which has, by the way, at its roots course. A lot of ties into Marxist-leninism. If you begin to see all of this, it's the children who become the pawns in this very ugly game of cultural clash. More right after this. We're going to spend just a couple more minutes on this significant decision, handed down six three by the United States Supreme Court this week, the United States versus Skrmetti. You have to understand that this is a case that came out of the state of Tennessee based on a law there. And as a result of this decision, it extends also to 26 similar bills passed in other states. Now, just put your thinking cap on for a minute. If the decision had gone the other way, that would have meant in those 26 states plus Tennessee, all of those bills would have been wiped out. And that just sounds like a lot of legal jargon. Black ink on white paper, high falutin stuff at the court. But you need to translate that into the lives of children. Children who would have been irreparably damaged mentally, emotionally, spiritually, physically as a result of this wicked, wicked ideology. This is a spiritually. It's a rebellion against God. God doesn't make mistakes. He doesn't put you in the wrong body. It is, for whatever reason, a part of this whole rebellion that we're going through as a culture right now. We're in our hubris and arrogance. We're having a Nimrod kind of moment where we're raising our fists figuratively toward God and telling him he's wrong. I mean, you know, be careful. You know, God is not mocked. But the bottom line is there are broken people who are being manipulated in the midst of all of this. So here's what Chief Justice John Roberts said. He wrote the majority opinion and he said this case carries with it the weight of fierce scientific and policy debates about the safety, safety, efficacy and propriety of medical treatments in an evolving field. Our role is only to ensure that it does not violate the equal protection guarantee of the 14th Amendment, having concluded it does not. We now leave questions regarding its policy to the people, their elected representatives and the democratic process. So, and they acknowledge the fact that they weren't doctors, they just looked at whether or not legally, this fell under the canopy of protection of the 14th amendment. And they decided, no, it does not. Justice Thomas ended his concurrence in Skrmetti with a final salvo. Experts, we should point out, are not always correct. Remember, a lot of the information that the support of this ideology comes from a group called warpath. It's made up of transgenders. So it's like the fox guarding the chicken house. They've already reached their conclusion before they, quote, put out their research, which is scant, not peer reviewed, sloppily done, but it's a juggernaut of ideology. And so it becomes an easy sort of third source site when you're promoting this kind of stuff as a defense for this wicked ideology. And I have to tell you that parents live and breathe gender ideology, who live and breathe this business know it better than anybody else, and they understand what's going on in their child's life. Which is why when you get states like California who draw a wedge between mom and dad and the school, it's just it's evil, very evil. So here's what he said. The court today reserves to the people their elected representatives and the democratic process, paralleling Roberts's language, the power to decide how to best to address, how best to address an area of medical uncertainty and extraordinary importance. That's sovereign prerogative, does not bow to major medical organizations. Experts and elites have been wrong before, and they may prove to be wrong again. And then he has a bunch of legal sightings to support that. It's a brilliant point by Thomas, in other words. In fact, it was interesting. We were talking in the Covid age. One of the things that came out of that, and I think it was my conversation with Rod Dreher, who said, one of the outcomes of that is what we've got now, the cult of the experts. So somebody mostly self-appointed, calls himself an expert. And then we don't question, we don't push back, because after all, you're an expert. Well, I got news for you, mom and dad. You're an expert. You were not elected to the position of mother and father. You were divinely appointed. And if you've got God's guiding light in his word in front of you, and your child comes home and says, I think I'm in the wrong body. It's time to get on your knees and have some very long conversations with the child, with each other, most importantly with the Lord. And to find a good Christian counselor to figure out why that delusion has take up residency in the heart and mind of their child. So that's the parent part of this. But again, the legal part of this is I'm so glad that what the justices didn't do is play doctor.
S9: Yeah. This battle of the experts, I can tell you, you know, after spending most of my career as a trial lawyer, you get in front of a jury and you have an expert witness. If the evidence calls or the facts, you know, require that you have an expert witness and the other side has their own expert, and the jury has to decide, as a matter of fact, which expert is more reliable. Which conclusion fits the facts in the case? But the Supreme Court role here is not to decide disputes between experts. Instead, the legislature for Tennessee had that right under the Constitution to make that decision. They were the jury in effect, because they were elected by the people of the state of Tennessee to make those kind of policy judgments. So the Supreme Court's role, by and large, is not to distinguish fact expert versus fact expert. Who's got more credentials? It's to say, what does the law say? And the law says unless you can show these narrow categories where the Equal Protection clause has been violated, suspect classification. No. Having a a mental intention that you're in the wrong body is nowhere in any of the jurisprudence of the Supreme Court. In fact, they're one of the cases, the Claiborne Case that was cited in the brief I filed. And a lot of other lawyers, uh, said that a mental condition doesn't qualify as an equal protection suspect classification. So take that off the list. Were they targeting trans people? No. What they were doing is saying, look, it is our job to protect children. Now, by the way, the primary job for protecting children belongs to the family, belongs to the parent. But the state steps in when when there's evidence of neglect or abuse of a child, then the state has what's called parens patriae authority. That is to say, we're the substitute parent. If the parents can't do it or the family refuses to do it, or they're, you know, tricked into this fantasy of this delusion about transgender ideology for some 13 or 14 year old, then the state's going to step in and stop this harm from happening. And that's what they did here in Tennessee.
S1: So to all those moms and dads who understood after a long day that going to a school board meeting was not their favorite thing to do, but did it because you were looking well to the ways of your household. Good for you. You are the unsung heroes of the culture today because you are doing just that. You're fighting for your families. And the words of Nehemiah, when you hear the sound of that trumpet, you fight for your families. That's what you've been doing in this six three decision this week. Is the pat on your back for the good work that you've done for staying the course and sometimes swimming upstream with the culture, but you listen to that sweeter, stiller, more powerful voice. Good for you. Back after this. Are you the sort of person who likes to have the inside scoop? Who wants to be informed? When you become a partial partner, you're not only keeping this program on the air every weekday, you'll also receive exclusive benefits like personal emails from me. I'll help you learn how to look at the headlines with a biblical perspective. Become a partial partner today by calling eight 7758 or go online to. In the market with Janet Parshall. Oh. So there's an old argument and it could say twisted argument, by the way, that says that somehow that faith and reason are at war with one another, or put in more common parlance, that science and religion are at odds that you either are a person of faith or you are a person of reason, but the two are mutually exclusive, I would say. AU contraire. In fact, the history of science in the world tells us some of the greatest scientists in the world were those who very much believed that God was there, putting things in order, offering form and substance and reason. What I want to give you a more recent bit of evidence. If I were pleading my case that there is no conflict there. I want to introduce you to a man by the name of, and I'm going to quote it now Jung Hoon Kim. He is from South Korea, and he happens to have the world's highest IQ. That has been confirmed by a group that does this. He's the official world record holder. His IQ is two 276. Now, most people think they're doing good if they're around 119, 110, 115, 276. He is the founder of Neuro Story, and he is a person who has just made a profound announcement on his X platform, and I am quoting it as the world's highest IQ holder. I trust that Christianity offers the clearest way to understand and experience God. Through the teachings of Jesus, we can find the most complete and true knowledge of God who is love and salvation. Now I want you to hear because the Bible says, out of the overflow of the heart, the mouth speaks. Here is Jung Hoon Kim talking about quantum physics and how God used that in his life to bring him to the foot of the cross. Listen.
S12: In this video I would like to share my idea, my thoughts thought about afterlife. I think our consciousness continues beyond death. Definitely. Our consciousness is not just brain activity, but it is something deeper. I think you believe this. Science says that when the brain stops, then our consciousness disappears. You believe this now. But quantum physics says that information never disappears. Never. It only changes in forms. If our consciousness is quantum information, it may continue after the body is gone. For example, like computer data Are stored in the cloud. Our consciousness may not be trapped in the brain. Quantum entanglement suggests that our consciousness is part of a bigger system. Beyond the physical world. Some scientists and philosophers believe that our world may be a simulation created by a higher dimension of being, which I believe. If this is true, then the death is not the end, but a shift to another reality. Just like a video game character disappears, but the player still exists. Our consciousness may continue in a higher dimension like this. Many people with near death experience says they saw their bodies from above or felt warm light and the peace they felt. They say they felt warm light and peace. These experiences seem like moving from one system to another. I think so. If reality is part of something bigger, then death is not the end. But it is a transition shift to another reality. Science is growing now and we are learning more about consciousness and reality. Our death is not destruction, but change and shift. Humanity will keep searching for the truth about what comes after, after life.
S1: Mm. Well, I have to tell you, something's happening in the scientific community. Because this harkens back to a conversation I had June 3rd with Doctor Michael Egnor, who is a neuroscientist, and he wrote the book The Immortal Mind A Neurosurgeon's case for the existence of the soul. And what I find so interesting is that not unlike Mr. Kim, this man, this neuroscientist, and you can go back to wherever you find podcasts and download that episode again. It was on June 3rd. Doctor Michael ignore Egnor. He studied the brain. He's fascinated by the brain. And it is very much these near-death experiences that have captured his attention. So here is Mr. Kim, who's into quantum physics, by the way, who he realizes that when you have these near-death experiences and people are saying what they're saying, you can dismiss some of them. You can't dismiss all of them. Lee Strobel writes about this in his new book, The Case for the supernatural. And I find it interesting because it really harkens to the heart of God. It makes me actually get a lump in my throat when he makes the declaration that he's not willing that any should perish. I think God and his creativity and his absolutely unconditional love is using every means at his disposal, and he has every means at his disposal to draw people to him. So he pierces the mind of a of a man who's into quantum physics to talk about the fact that memory doesn't go away, it's stored, there's a shift, there's a new life. And like I said on his X site, uh, Mr. Kim said point blank. He said through the teachings of Jesus, we can find the most complete and true knowledge of God who is love and salvation. By the way, let the record reflect that Mr. Kim lives in South Korea, which is the largest evangelical church on planet Earth. So who knows if someone's been sharing the good news with him. But then you take Doctor Michael Egnor, who comes to faith in Christ as well and sees the magnificence of the brain and all of these things that these people are saying, and it makes you stop and say, wait, wait. There has to be something more. Well, I don't think there's a person within the sound of my voice who doesn't know at their core that there is something more. How do I know that? Because God has placed eternity in our hearts. He designed us for another country. We long for something else, something more than this. But I love it when God brings people like this forward on an international stage and says, I'm into quantum physics, no one can argue with his credentials. They're through the roof. The largest IQ on planet Earth 276. And guess what? I found the answer in Jesus. That's pretty spectacular.
S9: Yeah, I'm so glad you brought this issue up and had a chance to listen from the words of this intellectual giant, because it really brings into focus a debate that's been around for hundreds of years, ever since the so-called Enlightenment in Europe, the the collision, supposedly, that exist between faith and reason. But faith properly understood and articulated just a few minutes ago in this clip, faith, appropriately and properly understood, does not collide with or clash with the exercise of reason. And if you read the Bible and you accept what God has to tell us there, it becomes very clear. I'm glad you mentioned the heart, because ultimately the decision for or against Christ as Savior and Redeemer and a relationship of God that flows from that decision is a matter of the heart. But is the mind at odds with it? Not necessarily. In fact, if the Apostle Paul, perhaps one of the most brilliant men who ever walked the earth himself, had to deal with this issue and, uh, second and, uh, second Corinthians chapter three, verse three, he talks about the Spirit of God working in us, us meaning those who have made that faith decision in Jesus Christ and have received literally and actually and and metaphysically, the Spirit of God. Uh, God now writes on our hearts not like tablets of stone. And clearly, Paul was referring to the Old Testament law and the Ten Commandments, which were never abolished, by the way, by Jesus. They were fulfilled by Jesus. Um, but on tablets of our heart. In other words, the heart decision is the ultimate decision maker. But the mind can either be used as a barrier to block us from faith, or something that opens up the avenue to faith. Um, uh, second Timothy 215 and in fact, I looked it up to find out what the original Greek was, uh, because most of us know this verse. Study to show yourself approved unto God. A workman that needeth not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. Meaning, when you go to Scripture, you don't leave logic and intelligence to the side. You use it as a guide, and you do so under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit leading you. And I looked at the word uh, where it says rightly dividing, and the word literally means cutting in a straight line. It's like a carpenter who cuts in a straight line rather than a crooked line. So you treat the Word of God with your full attention, your full intelligence and logic, guided by the Holy Spirit, and then using the Bible itself as the best commentary on what the Bible has to say, and revealing to you who Jesus was and find fulfillment in your walk with him.
S1: Well, it's certainly going to start a lot of chatter, I think, within the scientific community and if nothing else, behind closed doors, I think a lot of skeptics and cynics and self-proclaimed atheists, although I don't think anyone is truly an atheist, is going to have to say, well, it's Pascal's Wager. I mean, if if Mr. Kim is right, well, then I've lost everything. If he's wrong, I've lost nothing back after this. So I want to linger a little bit with this story because I think it's hugely significant. A man alleged to have the highest IQ in the world, 276. A gentleman who lives in South Korea. A man who's involved in quantum physics has now made the declaration that Jesus is the one for whom you can know God, and that it was through his teachings. He writes on X we found we can find the most complete and true knowledge of God, who is love and salvation. Now remember, this gentleman is into quantum physics. So let me quote a man who is deemed to be the father of quantum physics, a gentleman by the name of Werner Heisenberg. And he said this. The first gulp from the glass of a natural of natural sciences will make you an atheist. But at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you. That a great sentence. But then I was thinking also, and kudos to the Babylon Bee for having picked up on this immediately, because they point out that the apostle Paul, who was a brilliant man. You and I are watching a fabulous series on Angel studio right now called Testament, and it's a modern retelling of the book of acts and it's sets. It's an all British cast, and it is absolutely riveting to see this modern retelling of the book of acts. But there's quite a bit of time at the beginning about Paul being tutored by Gamaliel, who was this brilliant rabbi. And Paul, of course, is his favorite student, and he's brilliant. So Paul had all the cred. Okay, he was Jewish, he was Roman, he was a scholar, and he was a terrorist. And that's about to change. Later in the book of acts, if you want to know what happens, read the book. It's terrific. But he also said this. He said the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to those who are being saved, it is the power of God. For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, the intelligence of the intelligent, I will frustrate. So what God is saying, it's wonderful that he's blessed with the IQ of 276. But God didn't make it so complex that only people were into quantum physics, would understand the message of the cross. And then Babylon Bee did this. And then I want you to react, Craig. They quoted Napoleon Bonaparte, Alexander Caesar, Charlemagne and I myself have founded great empires as only the narcissist Napoleon could put it. But upon what did these creations of our genius depend upon force? Jesus alone founded his empire upon love. And to this very day, millions would die for him. I think I understand something of human nature. And I tell you, all these were men, and I am a man, but none else is like him. Jesus Christ was more than a man. Even Napoleon Bonaparte had to answer the question, who is this Jesus?
S9: Yea, and the men who were marching into war for him. And by the way, at the very end, things got bad for him. Um, a lot of those men were enlisted and they were required to obey. Not out of love for Bonaparte, the Emperor. Uh, although some may have been fanatical enough to do that, but a great number of them were simply doing their required obedience. Jesus has followers who have Realized the love he has for us. Such a love that put him as the Son of God on a cross, to be tortured and killed for our sins because our death could not achieve that. No human death, no purely human blood, would ever have redeemed any of us. So Bonaparte recognizes it. Great men of science and women of science have recognized the distinctive and this whole issue of science versus faith science within its appropriate province, which is the empirical, which, in other words, it studies that which can be studied empirically in terms of physical experimentation and observation. But it doesn't mean that science has the answers to all of reality, because if there is a spiritual reality, science is unable to determine because its province doesn't include the spiritual. And more and more of these scientists are coming out to say science, properly understood, should stay in its lane. The spiritual. There's a reality out there that science cannot perfectly explain because science never was meant to.
S1: Well, the wonderful thing about this is it reminds us that whether you are someone who's into quantum physics with an IQ of 276, or whether you're the lowliest person in the factory sweeping the floors at night when the workers have gone home, every single one of us is going to have to face Jesus one day, whether you believe in him or not. So while you have the chance, you have this great opportunity to answer the question, Who is Jesus? Because how you answer that question is going to have an impact, not just how you live here on Earth, how you will see things. And I've said it before, and only those of us who have had an encounter with Jesus and believe he is exactly who he said he is. Understand when I say it's like going from watching a movie in black and white to seeing everything in Technicolor. I would imagine that's particularly pronounced for a science who studies form and order and relationships and science and angles and quantum physics and black holes and all of those majestic things. Suddenly, now the idea of randomness gets cast out of the window. It's too perfect. It works too well. It isn't just a nothingness. It can't just be randomness. There has to be a divine intelligence behind all of this that put it together. I think it's why the scriptures tell us that even the rocks cry out and the heavens declare his glory. God means it when he says he doesn't want anybody to be eternally separated from him. And he made the answer to that passion his Son Jesus Christ, who made a way of escape when every single one of us was condemned to die because of our sin. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. There's not one righteous, no not one. And so this chasm between God and man wasn't bridged by quantum physics. It wasn't bridged by intellectual thinking or great ideas. political writings by Napoleon Bonaparte and other men who created, quote, great empires. It was bridged by the son of a carpenter who was the Son of God, who came and paid the penalty for our sins, and in so doing closed that chasm between God and man. So, Craig, for someone who is stepping into the weekend as we have this first day of summer, and may it be a good and glorious summer for us all. Something to think about as we turn the page and start a new season. What would you encourage people to do?
S9: Think about the people in that first century who followed him, and their lives were changed and they changed the world. They were relatively uneducated fishermen, common laborers. And then there was the Apostle Paul, one of the most brilliant men that ever lived. But all of them had one thing in common they encountered the living Christ by faith. And as a result of that, their lives and eternities were changed. And ours can be, too. And if you haven't made that decision, you're still on the fence. Go to his Gospels. See what Jesus really said. See what happened to his disciples in real life and in the book of acts, how their, uh, their timidity was erased when the Holy Spirit, through their faith, changed their destiny and changed, really, the future of the world.
S1: Amen and amen. Kind of hearkens back to our truth tool this month. Have you ever wondered why God creates that sense of awe? I would imagine that Mr. Kim had a sense of awe, sending quantum physics and realizing that there was a transition, a shift. There was something more. And I encourage you to read this book to realize that God put awe and wonder in our hearts, not by design, but by divine appointment. So we would stand someday in the presence of the one who truly inspires awe, the living God Himself. If you want a copy, call eight 7758. We're listener supported radio for a gift of any amount. It's my way of saying thank you. Have you ever wondered? We do this for another hour. Hope you can stick around. If not, download it on your favorite podcast. Have a great weekend. We'll see you next time.