S1: Hi friend, thanks so much for downloading this broadcast and it is my hope that you'll hear something that will challenge you, grow you up in him, and get you out into the marketplace of ideas. But before you start listening, let me take a moment and tell you what this month's truth tool is. It's the Mediterranean Sea Rules by Robert Morgan. I talked to him often on the air because he's such a superb writer, and in this particular book, he takes the story of Paul's shipwreck, recorded in the book of acts, and gives us ten principles of how we push through the storm, learning to trust in God and all that he has done for us. It's a magnificent book. It's a short book, and in typical Robert Morgan writing style, it is a powerful book. I strongly recommend that you have a copy of The Mediterranean Sea Rules, because trust me, every single one of us will find ourselves on stormy seas at some point in our voyage through life. As for your copy of the Mediterranean Sea Rules by calling 877 Janet 58. That's 877 Janet 58. Or go online to. In the market with Janet Parshall. Scroll to the bottom of the page. There's the book. Click it on, make Your Gift and we'll send you a copy. My way of saying thank you because we are listener supported. Radio. Your gifts keep this broadcast on the air. By the way, if you'd like to give regularly, you're called a partial partner. You give every single month a level of your own choosing. You always get the truth tool. But in addition, I'll send out a weekly newsletter that only my partial partners get. It contains my writing and a little audio piece as well. So pray about it and thanks in advance. Just call eight 7758 or online at in the Market with Janet Parshall. Again the truth tool the Mediterranean Sea rules. Thanks so much. And now please enjoy the broadcast.
S2: Here are some of the news headlines we're watching.
S3: The conference was over. The president won a pledge.
S4: Americans worshiping government over God.
S5: Extremely rare safety move by a major in 17 years.
S4: The Palestinians and Israelis negotiated is not.
S5: Hi friends.
S1: Welcome to In the Market with Janet Parshall. Thanks so much for spending the hour with me. We're going to set our mind on things above. And if I can say that we need to do that coming to you from Washington DC, I bet there's a whole lot of you out there who find that a welcome statement. Listen, we are so living in the day and age where there are wars and rumors of wars, where we see chaos going everywhere on this planet. And it's a profound reminder that we live East of Eden and that we are not yet home, and that this is not as good as it gets. So I just thought we'd take this hour and start thinking about when the best comes, because what is coming does matter. Now. There are all kinds of views. I understand that on how people want to interpret what I like to call the eschatological timeline, but I'm going to go with the viewpoint that we hold at Moody Bible Institute, the one that I was trained that I believe very strongly in what First Thessalonians says, and that we will be taken out of the world first. And then that's a trigger to a whole myriad of events that are going to take place, including something known as the Millennial Kingdom. And if I were to sit down with ten of you right now, probably nine and a half could not tell me a whole lot about what is going to happen during the Millennial Kingdom. But you'd sure like to know, because what we know it's going to be, well, joyful at a minimum. So how can we learn more about that millennial kingdom? That's exactly what we're going to talk about this hour. And our teacher is Doctor Nathan Jones, who serves as the director of Internet outreach and as evangelist at Lamb and Lion Ministries. They reach out to billions of people who have access over the internet with the good news of Jesus Christ. He cares a lot about this topic, by the way, because he has authored and contributed to many books, including The Mighty Angels of Revelation 12 Faith journeys of the Minor Prophets, and the one book we're talking about today, his newest, The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for us when Jesus reigns on earth? Can I just go back to that subtitle for a minute so you can really drink it in? Not Ayatollah Khomeini, not Donald Trump, not Keir Starmer, not President XI in China, not the Ayatollah Khomeini, not Benjamin Netanyahu when Jesus reigns on earth. I thought I heard a collective sigh. So let's roll up our sleeves and get into this. Nathan, the warmest of welcomes. Thank you so much for being here. And because we're talking to people all across the country, I like to say, because it's true from Guam, all the way over there to the Cayman Islands, it may be their first exposure to Lamb and Lion Ministries. So let's start there. Tell me something about your ministry.
S6: Well, greetings in the name of Jesus, our blessed hope. Janet, so good to be on your program. Lamb and Lion Ministries is a Bible prophecy teaching ministry. Our mission is to proclaim the soon return of Jesus Christ. We believe the signs of the end times that the Bible is given points to the fact that Jesus Christ is coming soon. So our ministry calls Christians to evangelize while the time is short, and to live holy lives and to evangelize the lost and bring them to know their soon coming King.
S1: Amen and amen. So forgive me if I linger here with what seem, at first blush to be some rudimentary questions, but I love to go back to the basics first. Principles matter much. So let me just ask you a question for people who are listening again all across the country who go, oh, yawn, why should I study? What happens at the end times? My plate's full now. I barely make it to the end of the day. And besides, that book of revelation is goofy. I can't get it. I can't tell if it's literal. I can't tell if it's allegory, I don't know. I skip it in general. Tell me why it is imperative for the saints to be studying the whole counsel of God, including eschatology.
S6: Well, it surprises a lot of people that when they find out 31% of the Bible is Bible prophecy, the Bible is God's love letter to us, and he wants us to know that he is going to win it in the end, and his children through him are going to win as well. So, Janet, if I spend all my time talking about the first five years of my life and neglected the other 40 some years, then it would be very shortsighted. Well, we only live, you know, 70, 80, 90 years on this earth. But there is an eternity ahead of us. And Jesus wants to know what it's all going to be about.
S1: Mhm. Amen and amen. Okay. So now this is where it gets kind of difficult because this is radio. So we have to paint on the canvas of our listener's mind. I'd love to draw a line and sort of go through the timeline of eschatology. So can you do a flyover for us. Just the big picture first, and then we can zoom down into the Millennial Kingdom?
S6: Absolutely, absolutely. Well, you got it right. The next event, I believe, just as you do, is that Jesus Christ is going to come and rapture catch up. First Thessalonians 417, his church up to heaven before he pours his wrath out on this world in 21 judgments called the tribulation. It's a seven year time period according to the prophet Daniel, where God is going to bring judgment upon the world, but millions of people will will bend a knee and bow and proclaim Christ's Savior. He will return with his saints. At the end of those seven years, he will defeat Satan and his global empire that he will set up, and then Jesus Christ will establish his kingdom first phase for a thousand years, and then on into eternity.
S1: And the thousand years is the Millennial Kingdom.
S6: Absolutely. There are six times in revelation 20 that gives us the amount of time, thousand years, thousand years, thousand years. But there are so many other verses in the Bible that talk about Christ's coming kingdom now.
S1: And Nathan, thank you for giving me permission to ask some questions again. Might be pretty rudimentary, but I think I have a pretty good sense of my friends who are listening that they might have the same kind of questions. So if the Bible says that a day is like a thousand to the Lord, do we take a thousand years as a literal 1000 years, or is it symbolic of something else?
S6: Well, we go by the golden rule of interpretation when it comes to interpreting the Bible. If the plain sense makes.
S5: Sense.
S6: Look for no other sense, lest you end up with nonsense. And so we don't interpret the Bible allegorically or Clear symbolically when the Bible says a day is like or likened, as is a comparator, it's making a comparison. But when you read in revelation 20, it is definitely a thousand years, a thousand years over. Not like or as it's given exactly 1000 years.
S1: Okay. So good. I'm just basics now. I bet the music's going to play in a minute, but let me sort of dig into this part of this. So as you ran through that beautifully and gave us the flyover, you talk about the fact that after the tribulation, this is when Satan is going to be defeated. So where is he at that end before the Millennial Kingdom begins? Exactly. Where is Satan destroyed or is he warehoused at this point.
S6: Warehoused in the bottomless pit for a thousand years?
S1: Okay, let me pick it up. At that point, I don't know about you, but this kind of conversation gets me excited because the headlines will change every single day. This is the good news. That's never going to change, and we need to look forward to Jesus's return with joyous anticipation. Because let me say it here as a war correspondent from Babylon, this is not as good as it gets. The best is yet to come, so why not learn about it now and live with joyous anticipation? I guarantee you, when you realize how temporal life is this side of glory, it changes everything about you. The book is called The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for us when Jesus reigns on earth? Oh, even so, come Lord Jesus back after this. When the storms of life hit with hurricane force, how do you respond? This month's truth tool is the Mediterranean Sea Rules, where Robert Morgan writes how God will redeem our tragedies for his purposes. Don't just survive the storms. Learn to serve God in the midst of them. As for your copy of the Mediterranean Sea Rules, when you give a gift of any amount to in the market, call 87758. That's 87758 or go to in the market with Janet Parshall. You know, not only are we being biblically obedient. But isn't it wonderful to just stop and set your mind on things above? You know, the Bible's the best mental health book out there, by the way. When you start thinking about the fact that the weight of this world is temporary, all the things that we're witnessing, the chaos good is called evil. Evil is called good. Men is doing what's right in their own eyes. There's a coldness between people. We're seeing licentiousness. We're seeing disregard for the law. The list goes on and on and on. None of that should come as a surprise. If you. What do we say here on this program? All the time. You walk through life with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other. None of this comes as a surprise. But today we push the world aside and we just take a look at what is the world to come. And it doesn't get any better than this. Doctor Nathaniel Jones is with us. His new book is called The Coming Millennial Kingdom what life will be like for us when Jesus Reigns on Earth. So when last we met Nathan, Satan was in a pit. He was warehoused and so he's defeated. Talk to me about his defeat. Talk to me about that warehousing. He's there for a thousand years. So that opens a whole Pandora's box, no pun intended, but aptly applied. Do we? Do we see him losing any of his influence? I mean, what we read in scriptures is we have a triple headed hydra that goes after us all the time the world, the flesh and the devil. If the devil is taken out, what does that mean for the other challenges? So there's a boatload of questions there. Let me go back to the first one first. So he's warehouse. So what is he doing when he's warehoused?
S6: Well, let's back up just a bit and go back all the way to the beginning of time. Remember that Satan was the guardian cherub over God's throne, and he was the worship leader of the all the angelic realm. But he started coveting what God had, and through pride he led a third of the angels to try to overthrow God. And God cast him out. And not being able to rule the universe, he was content with trying to rule this earth and have mankind worship him. So all for the last 6000 years, Satan has been working towards getting mankind to worship him. Once the church is raptured out, he will rise up a one world ruler called the Antichrist who will have a global government and Satan will rule through this Antichrist. Halfway through the tribulation, he will then force people to worship him and Satan for just a brief time will finally get what he wants. All the craziness in the world going on today is working towards that moment. But when Jesus Christ returns in all his glory with us, the saints following him, we will see Jesus just speak in the enemy, armies will collapse, the Antichrist and false prophet will be thrown in the lake of fire and Satan in a pit. And for a thousand years Satan will be trapped in that bottomless pit, falling forever and ever and ever. And while the Bible doesn't say what happens to the demons, it gives a hint that they have already been sent to the lake of fire. So going into the Kingdom of Christ, there will not be any satanic influence. There won't be any satanic armies behind the governments like we have today.
S1: Wow, Nathan, you know how interesting and intersectional this conversation is. So let me go back to what you just said before. So Satan's in a pit. The demons are in the lake of fire for mortals. We would interpret that lake, lake of fire as ultimate ultimate annihilation that they would be totally eradicated. Um, if that's the case. So then the last demon standing is the fallen angel known as Satan. Correct?
S6: Absolutely correct.
S1: Okay. All right. So. So then so for people who and I'm not one of them who believe in this idea of annihilationism that there isn't an eternal hell, there isn't gnashing of teeth, etc., and all the things that Jesus told us about. Hell, if all of those demons are destroyed, then is hell going to have one occupant other than the people who are who choose to go there? No one. God doesn't send anybody to hell. You choose to go. Is it just Satan who's the single landlord of that place?
S6: Well, that's a kind of a misconception that people have, is that the demons rule in hell. And that's not the truth at all. Like you said, Satan. And for his rebellion and the demons rebellion at hell, it was their punishment. Jesus said that's where they're meant to go. But when mankind sinned, we fell under that same punishment. So we're all born under God's wrath. John 336. And that's why we need a savior. We need to save, be saved from that. Just punishment of hell. And that's why Jesus sacrificed himself on the cross. So that when we put our faith and trust in him, we accept that gift and we are saved. So right now, Janet, there's actually nobody in hell. The first occupants of hell will be the Antichrist and false prophet. When somebody dies today in rebellion against God there, the Bible says they are sent to torment or Hades. Luke 16 and that's where they reside until they are resurrected after the Millennial Kingdom and face final judgment at the Great White Throne judgment.
S1: So again, there's a distinction, as I'm hearing you teach it between Hades and Hell, then. Correct?
S6: That's how we teach it here. Yes.
S7: Wow. Wow.
S1: That's so interesting. So, can I tell you what else? When you were talking, I thought, oh, wow. And it made my heart hurt a little bit because I thought, thanks, Hollywood, but stop teaching me theology. Or at least trying to do that. Let's go back to what the word has to say. So if if the the landlord of hell, if I can put it that way, Satan himself the real, excruciating part of hell. Aside from its eternality and very much because of its eternality, is total separation from God. That's the hell is it not?
S6: Oh, so well said. Because the fact is that God, when he says he's the source of life, that's what he means. He's the source of life. When we want rebellion against God, we tell God, get out of it. I don't want you in my life, he says, as a gentleman does. Okay, I'll step back. But I am the source of your life. So that's why the Bible calls the lake of fire or hell eternal death. Because you're separated from the source of life.
S7: Well.
S1: Okay, so having said that, let me push hell and Hades to the side for a moment. And I'm going to go to the Millennial kingdom.
S6: The kingdom?
S1: Exactly right. So I wanted to get Satan out of the way so we don't have to worry about that. So now, in the millennial Kingdom, tell me about the atmospherics, because I asked before, this is the last part of my very verbose question. So if our challenge is the world, the flesh and the devil, this is after Satan has been thrown into the pit. Do we have any challenges like we had pre rapture? Do we still struggle with the flesh? Do we still struggle with the world? Tell me what what the world looks like in a millennial kingdom.
S6: Okay, well let me just establish why a millennial kingdom. And that's a promise that God made to King David. In second Samuel seven he said, I will set up your seed after you, and I will establish the throne of his, the Messiah's kingdom forever. So here's a promise that God made to His Son, Jesus Christ, that he would have a kingdom on this earth that would stretch into forever. Now the church kind of parks in. I would like to think of what Cotton Mather taught. There's four folds to the kingdom. There's obviously a spiritual kingdom. There's a providential kingdom in what we call the church, the ecclesiastical kingdom. But there is a Davidic kingdom that is promised to Jesus, where he rules and reigns physically on this earth. And that's what we're waiting for. And that is the whole purpose of the Millennial Kingdom for Jesus Christ to finally sit on that throne.
S1: Wow, what a place to take a break. Okay, what does that look like when Jesus sits on the throne? That's part of the subtitle of Doctor Nathan Jones brand new book, The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for us when Jesus reigns on Earth? I cannot punch those last few words enough. You know, I'm in the seat of government here in the United States, maybe one of the most powerful cities on planet Earth, not just in the United States. And these are mere mortals, okay? All have sinned and come short of the glory of God. But someday, the perfect one is going to be sitting on the throne. What will that be like? Oh, we'll tell you right after this. Doctor Nathan Jones is with us. He serves as the director of Internet Outreach and is evangelist at Lamb and Lion Ministries. They reach out to the world with the good news of Jesus Christ over the internet. His newest book is called The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for us when Jesus reigns on earth. Okay, again, this is every question. Births a thousand more questions on this fascinating topic. So we get to the thousand year reign. Okay. Mailing address. Where does this get set up?
S6: Okay, well, we got to know that the Bible ends with a promise from Jesus that he gives not once, not twice, but three times. In revelation 22, he says, behold, I am coming quickly, and my reward is with me to give to everyone according to his work. So we have the ironclad promise from the Son of God Himself that he will come back. And folks, that's meant to give us great encouragement in our age when we see all the disasters around us. Why, when the Lord comes back because of the character of his reign. And that's how I start. The book actually is looking at various great kingdoms and how they've all failed because they've never provided peace and security like government is meant to. Janet, look at Daniel two, for instance. The God of heaven will set up a kingdom which shall never be destroyed, and it shall not be left to other people, and it will consume all these kingdoms, all the kingdoms of today, and it shall stand forever. So when we look at the world politics, we know that one day it's going to end, and all the incompetency and corruption of failed, flawed human government will finally be over when the king returns.
S7: Wow.
S1: Okay. So where? So it's the end of. It's the beginning of the thousand years. Now we know there's going to be a new heaven and a new earth. So where will the Millennial Kingdom be set up? And what we understand in our cryptic way is heaven or will it be on the new earth?
S6: Okay, well, the new heavens and the new Earth are a prophecy for the eternal state that comes after the Millennial Kingdom. But 21 judgments of the Lord says that after those 21 judgments, if he didn't come when he did, there would be no life left on the earth. That's how terrible this judgment, like the flood was. This tribulation will be so when Jesus returns, he's got to obviously rebuild the planet and the God of the universe, who created everything in six days shouldn't have any trouble fixing the planet. But Daniel gives us 75 days from when he returns to when his kingdom starts. He's going to replenish and fix the Earth, but he's also going to send out the angels to gather those who've survived the tribulation. And Janet, that's not going to be a lot of them, because they'll fit all in one valley. And he will hold what's called in Matthew 25, the sheep goat judgment, those who've rejected him and accepted the mark of the beast. In other words, they declared, Loyalty to Satan will be sent to torments where they will await punishment. But those who've accepted Christ will go on into the kingdom in their earthly bodies. So there's actually four groups that enter the kingdom, those of us church age saints and our glorified bodies returning with Christ. When he comes back, he will resurrect the Old Testament saints and the tribulation saints who were martyred also in their glorified bodies. And then the fourth group are those who survived the tribulation in their earthly bodies. They will be the citizens of that kingdom and they will repopulate the planet.
S7: Well.
S1: For those who come to faith in Christ during the tribulation, but end up being martyred, where do they go when they die?
S6: Well, read in revelation that they go up to the throne of God. They stand by the crystal sea and they cry out to God, how much longer until all our number has been fulfilled? So that's where they wait up with God, waiting to come back with us at the very end. Or excuse me, waiting for the church to return with Christ at the end of the tribulation, and then for them to be resurrected upon Christ's return.
S7: Wow.
S1: Nathan, I thank you so much for the gracious way that you're answering these questions. And I also want to thank you even more for the judiciously biblical way you're answering these questions. It'd be very easy to embellish and to broaden what we know in Scripture, but we can't do that. We can't. You know that. And that's eisegesis. We can't put there what's not there. This goes back to your plain sense comment before, which is absolutely true. So, um, when we when the new Earth is being built, like the 75 days, I think for a lot of people, that's the first time they've ever heard that. So I'm going to ask you a question, and, I don't know, maybe it's somewhere in a reference of a verse and we've not put two and two together. But while the Lord is doing this 75 day rebuild for the new Earth, do we have a front row seat? Do we get to see that? Where will we park for the 75 days when the construction plan is going on?
S6: Oh, here's the great part, Janet. We are the administrators of his kingdom, and I feel like I'm kind of getting a little ahead here. But it's important because people want to know this book is about your future, right? In other words, if you know Jesus Christ as your Savior, then we are the administrative body of his kingdom. Daniel 718 says, but the saints of the Most High shall receive the kingdom and possess the kingdom forever. Daniel 727 then the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdoms under the whole world shall be given to the people, the saints of the Most High. You know, today we're just happy if a politician is elected who at least has some Judeo-Christian values. But in the kingdom of Christ, every single person going into the Millennial Kingdom will be saved and know Jesus Christ as their Savior. So, in contrast to corrupted governments of today, will have a perfect king, a purified administrative station, and a saved populace at least going into the Millennial Kingdom.
S7: Wow.
S1: Unbelievable. Oh, golly. Okay, there's so much to think about. Let me. I've got a bunch of questions, but I don't want to get ahead. Let me just give my friend some references, and then I'm going to pick it up at that point when we return. Because I think it's imperative. In fact, Nathan, if you don't mind, when we come back, this conversation is absolutely moot if we don't understand exactly how it is that this is our future. This isn't everybody's future. It's the future of some who have made a decision. I'd like you to tell us what you have to do to make sure that we know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that we will be someday residents of the Millennial Kingdom. How does that work? Doctor Nathan Jones will answer that question when we return. His new book is called The Coming Millennial Kingdom what life will be like when Jesus Reigns on Earth? I don't know about you, but I'd rather think about this every single day and I can't wait for it to happen. Are you ready, by the way? Could be tonight. No man knows the hour of the day. No other prophecies need to be fulfilled. His return is imminent. Make your heart beat a little faster. I hope so, if it's not. Hey, awake, o sleeper. We'll be back after this. What's the goal of in the market? I'll tell you. In the market equips men and women to think critically and act biblically. Why do we do this? So that we can be confident when speaking the truth in a confused culture? Are you willing to stand with me? Become a partial partner today and enjoy exclusive benefits only my partners receive while making an impact for the Kingdom. Call 877 Janet 58 or go online to in the market with Janet Parshall. Oh!
S5: What a wonderful.
S1: Conversation we're having. About the best that's yet to come. We do live East of Eden. All have sinned and come short of the glory of God than by man came death. And so we are not in a place of perfection, but it gets so, so much better for those who have believed with their mouth that Jesus is Lord, and confess with their mouth that God has raised him from the dead. I slaughtered that verse. Believe in their heart. Okay, I want to get the heart in the mouth out in order there. But that's why we're having this conversation, so that you can understand that there will be a coming millennial kingdom, and the leader will be none other than Jesus Christ himself, and it will be a kingdom like no other. Nathan starts the book by taking a look at eight empires, by the way, and if you study them, there are so many similarities between these eight major empires. The average life, by the way, of an empire 250 years, every single one of them. There were hallmarks of why every one of them fell the dissolution of the family, the introduction of licentiousness, the exaltation of self, all of those hallmarks. And by the way, America is approaching its 250th birthday. Just let the record reflect, your honor. But the kingdom that's coming will not pass away. The coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like when Jesus reigns on earth. Doctor Nathan Jones serves as the director of Internet Outreach and as evangelist at Lamb and Lion Ministries. Their goal is to use the power of the internet to tell the good news of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. So this conversation is vacuous for people who don't know or cannot say with absolute certainty. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that when I breathe my last, I will be absent from the body and present with the Lord. In fact, Christ in me is the very hope of glory. So, Nathan, how does someone know that? How can they make sure they know beyond a shadow of a doubt?
S6: Oh, that's a critical truth. Because you can't be a citizen of the Kingdom, whether the Millennial Kingdom or even the eternal Kingdom, unless Jesus Christ has saved you from your sins. Not Buddha, not Muhammad. Uh, it says in John 14 six, Jesus says, I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the father except by me. Only through the truth of Jesus Christ do we know how to be saved again. Acts 412 nor is there salvation in any other, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved. Emphasis on the must be saved. Why? Because Romans 623, the wages of our sin is death. We have a eternal death sentence on us because of our sins. But here's the hope the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Janet, I love how you quoted Romans ten nine through ten that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead. You will be saved. And when you do that in faith and repentance, your sins are forgiven and you will become a citizen of Christ's kingdom.
S7: Wow.
S1: Now, Nathan, it's so easy and we get sloppy in our thinking sometimes. That's why I challenge my friends always here to be thinking biblically and critically. And they're two halves of a whole. It's not an either or. When you come to faith in Christ, there are people listening right now, I'm pretty sure, saying, well, Nathan, I don't know. That seems too easy. I just I just have to believe that Jesus is exactly who he said he is. That's enough. Don't I have to do something? I mean, all these other worldviews out there say, I've. I've got to pray five times a day. I've got to follow certain letters of the law. I have to work up to be a theten if I'm into Scientology. I mean, isn't there some fine print in the contract I'm missing?
S6: Workspace salvation is a stumbling block for many people, so turn to Ephesians 289 and ten. It says, for by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves. It is a gift of God, not by works, lest anyone should boast. So it's a wonderful promise that, hey, there is nothing you can do. Matter of fact, the Bible calls your good works filthy rags. Isn't that amazing? Filthy rags. Why? Because the sin that we commit the rebellion in our heart stains the good works we try to accomplish. And therefore, there's only one work that matters. It's the work that Jesus Christ did on the cross. That's the only work of salvation. And he beat death by resurrecting from the dead. And when we put our faith and trust in Jesus Christ, he promises to forgive our sins and give us citizenship in his kingdom.
S1: Amen. Nathan, I don't do this very often, but I'm feeling very often. But I'm feeling a very strong tug that people are finding this conversation fascinating, but they also understand that a miss is as good as a mile here, if I can use that euphemism. That is as excited as we get about the coming Millennial Kingdom. There's a no entry sign there if you don't know Christ as your personal Lord and Savior. Could you just pray a prayer that anybody listening right now who hasn't yet prayed that prayer might make that decision? Because I want them to be as excited as you and I are about the coming Millennial Kingdom when Jesus himself reigns on earth. Nothing in what we're currently experiencing is going to be like it, so we don't want you to miss out. So, Nathan, would you pray?
S6: Absolutely. If you believe that Jesus Christ is your Savior, then from your heart pray something like, Lord Jesus, I know I'm a sinner. I know I rebelled against you. Please forgive me. I love you and I want you to be the Savior and Lord of my life. And Jesus promise he will forgive your sins. He will wash all that guilt away and you will inherit eternal life in his kingdom.
S1: Amen and amen. Get a Bible. Find a friend who knows the Lord. Start going to a church where Jesus is taught in his word is his word is being preached as well. Now I also want you to get excited about this millennial kingdom. So let me go back to talking about the four groups of people that are going to be there. And there was a thought that came to my mind. If it's a thousand year reign, wait a minute. How does a thousand years square off with eternity? There is no beginning or end to eternity. What happens? And I'm going to go back to walking those streets in that millennial kingdom in a minute. But when the thousand years end, what happens?
S6: Wow. Okay, you want to skip all the good stuff and go to one of the greatest tragedies in all the Bible? Okay, imagine that you're living in a Paradise. You have the perfect righteous king. You've got a perfect government because the administrators are purified, but the citizens that are born during that time are still in their fallen earthly bodies. And whether we live in the worst place in the world, or a utopia which is what this Paradise will be like, the heart still wants to rebel against God. It still wants the lusts of the flesh. And so we read at the end of the Millennial Kingdom, Satan will be released. And immediately he goes back to deceiving the children of the tribulation saints, just like he did Adam and Eve in the garden. And what's really sad, Janet, one of the greatest tragedies in the Bible, is still yet to come. At the end of that kingdom it says, like the sands of the sea, they will follow Satan in one last attempt to overthrow Jesus and his throne in Jerusalem. Now, one of the characteristics of the Millennial Kingdom is that there's no war. So the Lord will send fire down, destroy the rebels, and that ends the Millennial Kingdom. Proof positive that as long as sin is in the world, you can't have a perfect society.
S7: Wow.
S1: And forgive me for just letting my imagination go for a minute. So you're living in this place of perfection where Jesus himself is on the throne. But over a thousand years, they're going to be generations that live and die. And there will be those who have the opportunity to come to faith in Christ. Raises a couple of questions. Number one, is the Holy Spirit active during this period of time?
S6: Oh, absolutely. Matter of fact, Jesus has promised the great creator and Carpenter that he is that he will establish his throne in Jerusalem. He says in Zechariah 116, I am returning where not to Brussels or D.C., or New York City, to Jerusalem. And he says, my house shall be built in it. And he also says that his house of worship will be there will be a millennial temple, not the one that will be built during the tribulation, that the Antichrist will desecrate, but one that we calculate in Ezekiel chapters 40 to 48. 20mi². It's that big. And the Lord will be there. And the Bible tells us in Isaiah 45 that the Shekinah glory of God, just like he led the in the Exodus as a cloud by day and a pillar of fire by night is. Isaiah four says that the Shekinah glory of God will rest over that temple, so we will have perfect fellowship. We will go see Jesus in Jerusalem. We will see the Holy Spirit residing over the temple, but not yet the father, seeing the father is reserved for the eternal state.
S7: Wow.
S1: Okay, so and again, I'm going to be rudimentary on this on purpose, because this is a fascinatingly profound and complex conversation. But it's also very, very simplistic when you just get into that word. So you and I are saved, and we know beyond a shadow of a doubt when we breathe, our last will be in his presence. And so if we've not been raptured up in first Thessalonians manner, then we're going to be in his presence. So we've walked through the timeline. The millennial kingdom begins. I'm already am I not? You are already are you not at that point in a state of eternality? If that's the case, who are the people that are living and giving birth and dying during that period?
S6: The tribulation saints that go through the sheep goat judgment as Matthew 25. They go on in their earthly bodies and they're the ones that repopulate the planet. I've heard some estimates that when you get some of the aspects of the Millennial Kingdom is sickness, the curse will be partially lifted. No more sickness like we have today. I mean, people break arms and things like that, you know? But for the most part, the major diseases will be gone. And the Bible says that lifespans will be like the trees, like the pre-flood times in the hundreds of years again, that the world population could possibly reach up to 20 billion people in just a thousand years.
S7: Wow.
S1: Unbelievable. Okay. But again, the we won't die. This is just going to be those who come out of the tribulation.
S6: Right? Because we're in our glorified bodies. In other words, our resurrected, glorified bodies. The sin nature is gone. We're not capable of sinning anymore. We're the administrators of that kingdom. We're the teachers and the law enforcers, but not the law giver. There's only one law giver, Jesus Christ. And so we will be the servants of him. But you're right. We have an eternal future ahead of us because we're in that glorified body state, and we will be taking care of those in their earthly bodies who will be born during that time. And, you know, child deaths will disappear. Obviously, there won't be abortion in this kingdom. Imagine how quickly the world will start being populated, and all the babies and children that we'll get to see right off the bat.
S7: Right.
S1: So here's my philosophical question. And I don't know that Scripture gives us an answer, but I it's part of putting your mind on things above. So you've got not some earthly flawed leader, but you've got Jesus himself, the God incarnate, the King of all creation, gentle, loving Savior. I don't know what the modes of communication will be, and I don't think we take a step backwards technologically. Somehow we'll be able to communicate. And even though it's a big planet, that there will be the knowledge of who he is, that Jesus will make himself known during that period of time. So here's the question, and I'd love your thoughts, Nathan, on the other side of the break, how can you not believe in him? This is a person who won't get caught cheating on his taxes, you know, or taking from the national budget or declaring war on anyone or anything. He will be absolute perfect. Mercy, love, grace, truth and perfection. How could somebody not believe? How could there be anybody that doesn't believe during that period? I'll get your thoughts when we return the book. And there's a ton more in the book than what we've talked about the coming Millennial Kingdom back after this. Doctor Nathan Jones is with us. He serves as the director of Internet Outreach and as evangelist at Lamb and Lion Ministries. By the way, I have a link to their ministry if you'd like to know more and be a participant as well, go for it. It's on the information page. I also have a link to the book that Nathan has just authored called The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for Us when Jesus reigns on Earth, and you can see how our conversation just begets more questions and more questions and more questions. There are more answers and more answers and more answers in Nathan's book. So I really want to encourage you, but it's kind of philosophical. Just sister to brother. So you've got the perfect leader. I mean, I'm in Washington. Trust me, we don't have a single perfect leader in this town. So now we've got the perfect leader for a thousand years. Nathan, how does anybody not come to faith in Jesus Christ when that happens? How does Satan get any captives during that end of the Millennial kingdom?
S6: It's mind blowing. I mean, you think today one of the biggest problems, especially in the secular world, is they put the government as their God. And so they can't stand any comments against it or but, you know, true security and justice for its people has been failed, like you said with every government. And Janet, the saddest verse, I think one of the saddest verse in the entire Bible, Micah seven three, the Prince asks for gifts, the judge seeks a bribe, and the great man utters his evil desire. And so they scheme together. And so let's compare that then to what we know about the righteousness of Jesus. Let's go to that famous Christmas verse, Isaiah 967 for unto us a child is born, and a son is given, and the government will be upon his shoulders. Here's the characteristics of this King wonderful counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace, the increase of his government and peace. Lots of peace. There is no end upon the throne of David, the Davidic throne and his kingdom. He will bring judgment and justice from that time forward. Uh, look at Isaiah 42 three. He will bring forth justice for truth. He will not fail nor be discouraged to his established justice in the earth, and the coastlands shall wait for his law. What a difference between failed, flawed human governments today that is so corrupt. Obviously, DOJ's pointing that out every day to us how bad even our good country is compared to the king that's coming. The just righteous king that gave his life so that we might be saved. Uh, I that's a question I can't answer, Janet. Why do people not reject Jesus? Because the Bible says they love evil. They love their own lusts.
S7: Yeah.
S1: Exactly right. Wow. All right, so, uh, a thousand years. Give me the life of an average saint in the millennial Kingdom. What's what's life going to look like now? You hinted at something earlier before, which I love, which is the administrative position. Uh, my mind races with excitement to think what that's going to look like. So what will what will we do for that thousand years?
S6: Oh, that's a very good question. Well, there's actually two particular groups here that in the administrative process, you know, many Jewish people will come to know Jesus as their Savior and during the tribulation. And the Lord has always meant for the Jewish people to be a priestly people. So for the Jewish people, they will serve King Jesus as a priesthood. During that time, Hosea 14 says, I will heal their backsliding, and I will love them freely, for my anger has turned away from them. So the Lord isn't done with the Jewish people, as some of the liberal Christians say today. Zechariah 823, great verse. It says, in those days and the kingdom, ten men from every language of the nations, the Gentile nations shall grasp the sleeve of a Jewish man, saying, let us go with you. For we have heard that God is with you. So the Jewish people will. That'll be their job. There won't be just the Levites. It'll be all of them, and they will bring the Gentile nations up to see King Jesus. You know, I couldn't walk into the white House and go see President Trump. But during the kingdom, the Lord opens his throne room freely and the people come to see him. And just like in the first coming, where he sat on the hillside and taught the people again, the Bible says that Jesus will sit there and he will share his law, and the people will stream up to see the Lord, and his law will stream back down and bless the earth. And so we, the Gentiles, in our administrative functions, our everyday life will be running the government, whatever it takes to run a government. Now again, there won't be a Congress making laws or anything. That's Jesus's job. But we will take care of the people who are in their earthly bodies during that time. And what a time it is. What a time of joy. Jeremiah 31 says, the Virgin will rejoice in the dance, and the young men and old together. For I will turn their mourning to joy, and will comfort them, and make them rejoice rather than sorrow. Uh, Janet, the Millennial Kingdom is going to be defined as a time of great joy.
S1: Nathan, is there ever a moment in the thousand years? Subjective. But let me ask it anyway, because we're family. Is there ever a moment in that thousand years when we're not crying tears of joy? I mean, you talked about people walking into the throne. I just could I just sit in the courts for a while. I'd be happy just thinking I could be in the courts. I don't know if I'll have the courage to finally look on the face of Jesus.
S6: Oh, yeah. Yeah, it's. There is a little sadness there. Isaiah 6520 tells us this about. This is a prophecy that the ages of people will go back to the pre-flood times of hundreds of years. It says, no more shall an infant there live but a few days. So no more child deaths, nor an old man who has not fulfilled his days. For the child shall die 100 years old. And here's the sad thing. But the sinner, in other words, those who rejected Christ, and you know they got free will. Of course, being 100 years old shall be accursed. For as the days of a tree, so shall be the days of my people. So as the kingdom I think it's going to be. The joy will be totally top notch in the beginning, the first hundred years or so. But as we see those born in the kingdom choose Christ or not and see those reject Christ, he won't give them long life. And so that's when some of the sadness starts in, until eventually, at the end of the kingdom, we see that the, the, um, rebellion will be and many will die. And that will be a truly sad point.
S7: Yes, yes.
S1: Do I have the opportunity to be an evangelist during that time?
S6: Oh, absolutely. Yeah. We're going to be teaching the children all about Jesus Christ, and we're going to be taking them on field trips up to Jerusalem.
S7: I just love that. Wow.
S1: Oh my goodness gracious. This time is just it makes your heart just beat a little bit faster. So, um, there's so much more in the book. What do you think? You talked about Joy, and it took us a while to get there. But there is so much of stuff we have to get through to get to the Millennial Kingdom. Part of this. What's the biggest thing for the saints? For those who know beyond a shadow of a doubt, that their name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life and nothing and no one can separate them from the love of God. In anticipation of that thousand years, what is the biggest takeaway that we should have in anticipation of that period of time?
S6: When you have an eternal perspective, it makes everything in this life make sense.
S5: Absolutely true. Wow. Okay, let.
S1: Me tell my friends again. The book is called The Coming Millennial Kingdom. What life will be like for us when Jesus reigns on Earth. And just as Nathan gave those crystal clear biblical answers, it's exactly the way he writes. So getting a little excited about this, I think the Lord likes it when we're getting excited about being in his presence. But let me go back to something else. To those of you who found this conversation curious, interesting, you got a little closer to your radio because maybe the conversation tickled your ears. By the time I say goodbye to you in a few seconds, maybe it's time for you to say hello to Jesus Christ and to recognize who he is. Consider who he is so that someday you too will be a citizen in the Millennial Kingdom. Thank you Nathan. Thank you friends. We'll see you next time.