S1: Coming to you from the Morning Star Mission sponsored studio. This is Carl and crew on Moody Radio. Rise and shine.
S2: And give God the glory. And here's how we're going to do it. It's an amazing testimony. Jesus is asking his disciples some questions about himself. He says, who do you say that I am? Simon Peter replied, you are the Christ, the son of the living God. And I tell you, Jesus said, flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my father who is in heaven, by the way, huge indication there of who even precipitates this belief that we have in God.
S3: I never thought about that, but I love it. That goes into what we talk about all the time, that we sometimes feel this pressure to save people and to make them realize who Jesus is. But that's not something that flesh and blood can even do.
S2: You know, we haven't really drilled down on that one. That's great to hear, but that's a phenomenal verse. Mark that down. We want to come back to that we'll do for flesh and blood has not revealed this to you, but my father who is in heaven, you got a wayward kid. You can do all the revealing you want, but flesh and blood won't turn them on. This has got to be God by the power of the spirit opening their eyes. Yeah, hugely hopeful. Means we don't have to save our kids or our spouse or anyone that we love. God can do that no matter where they are in the globe. God can reveal it and he's doing it constantly. So then he goes on to say, you know what, Peter? You are little pebble. But on this big boulder I will build my church. Two different Greek words for rock. Here you are, Peter. And on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell will not prevail against it. I've got a question for you. By the power of God in you, what enemy ground are you taking? The picture Jesus paints here is that the gates of hell are stationary. The Kingdom of God is moving forward. And he goes on to say that by the way, he says, I will give you the keys to the kingdom of heaven. Whatever you bind on earth shall be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. And I want to ask you, what enemy ground is God giving you today? This can be spiritual. This can be behavioral, it can be physical. It could be that God is moving you somewhere into a new job. A new place is you're going to hear coming up. It can be a piece of property that God is giving you. What enemy territory is God giving you? I'm asking you to call in right now. Let's load them up. 800 555 7898 800 555 7898. Young thunder. God, is it working? You young man.
S3: He is, he is. And this is something that I have seen. it. I'm seeing him do recently, and that's cutting down pride in my life and and helping me bring in humility. And I can say that because it's something that I've noticed, I've recognized. It's something that I can see in my behavior, in the way that I think sometimes. And, and I would like to not be that way, but I've not been able to do anything on my own about it, and I've tried on my own, that's for sure. But he, God, and in his grace has put me in a spot where he's saying, hey, we're going to work on this, and I'm putting you in a position that there's nothing else we can do. Let's get it done. And it makes me happy. It makes me happy because I know it's kind of my first little lesson. I know there's nothing I can do about this. I need to be humble, bow before him and let him do the work. And he is. And I'm grateful for that.
S2: It's his work.
S3: It's his work.
S2: So what? Enemy turf? What enemy ground is God giving you in your life right now. Light em up. Let's go. 805. Five five. 78. 98. Taking your phone calls right now. 805. Five. Five. 78. 98. God is giving you some victory. He's giving you some ground. He's done it. You haven't. And I'm asking you to give him glory for it right now. I know you're nervous. I don't bite super di nibbles. It's not that bad here.
S3: Sorry.
S2: 800 555 7898. Give us a call. All you gotta do is stand and testify. That's it. What enemy ground is God giving you? 800 555. 78. 98.
S3: And you know what the power of the testimony does is? It's one for us, reminds us and helps us celebrate the goodness of God. But to two. Your testimony is going to help somebody who maybe hasn't started that journey quite yet and says, I can trust God for that. God can help me with that. Yeah. Yeah.
S2: 800 555 7898 I'm gonna keep it right here. Oh, there we go. We got phone calls coming in. Light em up. Let's go. We're going to go lightning round. You're like, oh, man, I don't know if I've got it ironed out perfectly. Doesn't matter. Just open your mouth and go. This is the enemy ground. God's given me 800 555, 78, 98. Coming up, we got a practical example of this right here in Chicagoland. Pretty epic. But we're taking your calls right now. 800 555 7898. What's that enemy ground God is giving you today? Give us a call. Your story matters. It inspires others. 800 555 78. 98.
S1: A basketball mom who's mastered the dad joke. Ali is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You're taking enemy ground by the grace and power of God. And you want to give them glory this morning. Tom in Arizona. Thanks for calling in. What do you say, Tom?
S4: Hey, Carl. We're in a very unchurched area, the worst in the country. And my church is going to be opening a campus in a new school opening here. We're going to start bringing the community back to Christ. We're doing a prayer walk in May. I'm just going to start asking people to come on back to the Lord.
S2: Oh, Tom. That's beautiful. Stay on the horn, Tom. You're getting a call and crew prize pack. You didn't. You didn't give your heart to get today, but you're getting it anyway. Way to go, man. New campus opening in Arizona.
S3: What a blessing, man.
S2: Summer in Indiana. Thanks for holding on. What's your story? Summer?
S5: Um, I haven't gotten there yet, but I am trying to allow God to take that ground. Um, I had a lot of abuse in my past, and, um, I've allowed the devil to remind me of the things that were spoken over me. And a lot more than I remind myself about what God says about me. So, um, I've been struggling with that, but I. I feel like God really wants me to start believing what he says about me.
S2: Amen. Summer, stay on the horn, sister. You're getting a prize pack. Way to go, boom! This is why we call you the Boom Crew. Knowing who you are in Christ is vital. Getting the wallpaper off of our minds is. My bride says often of all those lies and distorted truths that we've believed from our past. Beautiful summer, George, right here in Illinois. What's your story, George?
S6: God bless you, Carl. Thank you so much. Um, I lost my son, Jeremiah Davis, to, uh, he was a victim of gun violence in Chicago in 2020. And, um, and so what I'm doing is reaching a young man. I my goal is to change the trajectory of the lives of young people. Um, and what I'm doing, I'm turning, you know, a pastor friend of mine said, you know, the the trajectory of the bullet went through Jeremiah's heart, but it did not change the trajectory of his life. And then when I realized the impact that my son had in the community in terms of his friends, I said, okay, I got to do something about this. So we started the Jeremiah Project at my church, and we we mentor young men ages 13 all the way up to 25. I'm finding that as I disciple young men, we get discipled. So it's a really awesome opportunity to change the trajectory of their lives. I'm determined that this world has to pay for the loss of my son. I realize and recognize that this has given me a passion. It gave me my wow. He gave me that determination. So I'm tearing the Kingdome down. Every opportunity I get.
S2: Boom, boom, boom. I'm triple booming you, George, and stay on the horn. We're getting you a Carlin crew. Prize pack taken enemy ground. Yes.
S3: No kidding. Talk about taking enemy ground. I love that.
S2: Renee in Illinois. Thanks for holding on, sister. What do you say?
S7: Well, Pastor Carl, good morning. Good morning. I'm glad God is helping me overcome doing it myself versus letting Jesus do it in the area of time management and giving witness to Jesus.
S2: That's beautiful. You know what? When we try to bootstrap this thing, it's exhausting, isn't it, Renee?
S7: It totally is. It drives me nuts.
S2: You were. You're a sweet lady. Thanks so much for calling in. And I appreciate that there's something so different between allowing God to do the work not absent of our effort, but absolutely absent of earning. I don't know what ground God wants you to take today, but he does. Coming up. Sometimes it's physical. Got a story from right here in Chicagoland. Made it on the news here. But wherever you are in the world, this will inspire you. Hang on.
S1: She's a choreographer extraordinaire and everything is Greek to her. Super dei is in the crew. It's Carl and crew on Moody Radio. Well, it's an.
S2: Awesome thing when you get out there and you call up an Uber and they come to the house to pick you up. And I was heading to O'Hare recently, grabbed an Uber and got in the car and sweet woman and I thought, man, golden opportunity yet again. Share. Jesus Christ, Someone had been there before me. I no sooner got the words about the power of Christ in my life and asked her if she knew about Jesus. She said, I sure do. I met Jesus under the teaching of Pastor John Hannah at New Life Church, and I'm like, all right, this soil's been tilled. Pastor John Hannah is with me right now. That's got to be some good news for you, brother.
S8: That blesses my soul just to hear that.
S2: Isn't that great?
S8: I love.
S2: It. She went on to a mote. She's like, no man, I'm good. And we just had fellowship all the way to O'Hare, and she was just pouring out her heart about what God was teaching her and how she's growing and becoming not only a great mom, but a great grandmother and how God was at work in her life. And when I got out, I could barely get away. She was just she had a story on her lips. That's the fruit of ministry. And I want to applaud you and say thank you, Pastor John Hannah.
S8: That means so much to me. I love that, I love to just hear testimonies like that.
S2: And she's not the only one. I've talked to people here recently and did a book signing recently, and some folks were way out in the northwest burbs, and they're part of your church. A young couple and I thought, man, this guy is making a dent in the kingdom of darkness for sure. Pastor John Hanna, you have done something that is really unique. Tell us the story. What a funny name for a liquor store. It's kind of from the be happy attitudes only. I don't think they got it. They called it Happy Liquor and Food. Tell us about this story.
S8: So they had a liquor store that's been on the corner of 79th and Cottage Grove, on the south side of Chicago for over 30 plus years, and everyone knew that this liquor store, the hours were like from 10 or 11 in the morning till like 2 or 3 in the morning, and you would avoid getting off the bus there. People have been shot there, robbed, chased, beat and last name. Three young men were gunned down outside of that liquor store and one was killed. And as a result of that, the city went in and basically shut it down. So it's been closed close since May. And so I found out that it was up for sale. And to God be the glory, someone else bought it. We ended up getting it. And now the church owns that corner, 79th and Cottage Grove. The happy liquor store that I'm now going to call the Corner of Life.
S9: Oh, I love that.
S2: So tell us, when you heard word that this thing had been shut down, how did this go down? How did you get this into your hands? What was God doing there?
S8: So I had petitioned about this liquor store over 11 years ago. The city went in and closed it down. We do a prayer on 79th Street. We've been doing it for the last 15 years. I have literally been marching down 79th Street for 15 years asking, God, can we have this corner? And here we are 15 years later, after that shooting, the city shut it down. I knew that something would be coming up. Then we found out it was up for sale. And to God be the glory we were able to pay cash, got the store and we own it now. It will no longer be happy liquors. The sign will be coming down next week. A grocery store will be going in place of that liquor store. And on top of it is offices. That is bigger than what I thought. We actually want to put some doctors up there.
S9: So yes.
S8: Some counselors, their storefronts going around it. And we want to just make sure that everything on that corner brings life.
S2: We're thrilled. We're cheering with you here. Pastor John Hannah, my guest right now. All right. This is tremendous news. Anyone that's listening that God's transformed their soul. I mean, their heart just soars when they hear news like this. What are you sensing God is doing in new life? You've got a finger on the pulse. The spirit of God's prompting you. What is God up to right now?
S8: We're right in the midst of darkness. The Bible says that we are the salt of the earth. And I believe that once the church takes its rightful stand, he told the children of Israel, for the sole of your feet tread. I'll give it to you. So we've been marching for 15 years, and we're literally seeing God that the earth is yielding what belongs to us. We started out with one building. We have now purchased over 40 plus pieces of property in that community to build God. A church, a youth center, a community center is coming up. I mean, so much is happening and office space is being built with an incubator for people in their community who need internet services, who need a place to meet. I mean, literally, we have gone beyond the four walls of the church. The church is now rented as a theater to bring the arts back to the South Side of Chicago. So I'm just saying we're taking our rightful place. We're like in the midst of darkness with salt of the earth, and we're just being with Christ called us to be.
S9: I love it.
S2: You know, what's amazing is, and I've been down there a good bit enough to know that it's a food desert and it's a job desert. And it breaks my heart to see a lot of empty manufacturing buildings. What's your hope for the future, pastor? Because at the end of the day, the gospel, when it really gets traction begins to restore communities. It's not souls are. I mean that that's the end game for God. But the fruit of that is now infrastructure begins to be built, and people don't have to travel two hours for a job, if you know what I mean.
S8: Pastor, we've actually brought over 100 jobs to that community with us opening up our church and allowing it to be a theater. So with plays and concerts, come there. Now you have people that are hired there. Working there we have security. So you brought over 100 jobs to the community. Now, what I need is several vacant buildings on that strip, and I need to get my hands on that building. I need help rehabbing that building those buildings. I mean, it is the perfect opportunity.
S9: For.
S8: Christ to be revealed. I mean, when we first moved there, the alderman told us that this is known in the city as a dead zone, which means that no companies, no one's fighting to get to that community. And I thought, this is the perfect opportunity that God will put a church called New Life in the middle of what they call a dead zone, because we come. Christ says, I come that you might have life. So now we're seeing that the church has the privilege and the opportunity of doing a flip in this community.
S9: You know what, pastor?
S2: I feel prompted with? There is someone listening right now that has the means to come in and grab up some of those vacant manufacturing buildings, vacant buildings, maybe some are in disrepair. So if you feel prompted of God by the spirit that you need to jump into that gap and be, as D.L. Moody said, let's be gap men and women, you want to jump into that gap and say, my goodness, we got some buildings that need to be acquired. We got some property that needs to be captured. We got some renovation that needs to happen. We got a link for you right now. Text the word life. Life to 800 555 7898. Just text the word life to 800 555 7898 and Pastor Han, I got to tell you, you're an inspiration to me, man. From when I met you years ago. To this day, you are staying in the thick of it. And I'm. I'm proud of you, brother. Keep it.
S9: Up, I.
S8: Love it, I love what I do, I love my city, I love Chicago, and I love the territory that God has assigned me to. And I'm excited to see what God is doing. We've been over here now. Our church just celebrated 21 years in ministry, and we've literally seen the hand of God. The city told me that you'll never be able to build here because there's no room for you, because our church is over 20 000 people. But we saw God literally give us block by block, House by house, vacant lot by vacant lot. And we've now built this amazing facility in the heart of the city on the south side of Chicago.
S2: Boom! That's what we're talking about. Boom! Crew. Text. Text the word life to 800 555, 7898. And Godspeed to you, Pastor Hannah. Thank you for being with me today.
S10: Do you feel.
S1: Stuck or paralyzed? Are you ready to break free? Here are your questions answered. It's time for ask, Pastor Carl.
S2: Somebody gave me a question that's like throwing red meat to a junkyard dog.
S11: Oh, no. You love those questions. Yeah.
S2: Throwing me the red meat. And you know what? This has been a reoccurring thing. And it dawned on me that we've got to come back to a few key principles over and over again, over and over again. So I want to take you to John 15 in just a moment. But here's what I want to tee up for you. A man writes in I have been trying to get victory over, and I'm going to leave the blank right there. And it's multiple things in his life that he has been busting his tail to get victory over. We've all had this before. I don't care if it's gossip. I don't care if it's substance. I don't care if it's a familial habit that you inherited from mom or dad. And by the way, that can happen. There is a need to break free. And the question is how? And the common suspicion is, I've got to work harder. I've got to do more. And this is what you need to know. In fact, I'm going to walk through this in a practical way that you can sit down over breakfast, you can go to lunch today and you can retell this story, and it is liberating. Jesus said in John 15 as he spoke to his disciples, he's walking nearer and nearer to the cross. These are his last moments before he's going to be crucified. So these are the essential teaching moments. And he says, boys, come over here. They would have been walking through a vineyard, and he would have grabbed a fistful of grape leaves and picked those up and revealed a bunch of grapes. Now, God providentially used this moment to teach us today how things change in our lives. And this is what he said. He said, I am the vine. You are the branch. If you abide in me and I in you, you will bear fruit. It is to my father's glory that you bear much fruit. Apart from me you can do nothing. Nothing. Now we got to sit with that a second. Apart from him, we can do nothing. So the promise is to bear fruit. And what is the fruit? The fruit is all these behavior changes that manifests himself in the fruit of the spirit. Love. Where there was no love, peace where there was only anxiousness. Kindness where there was only rancor, self-control, where you've lacked self-control. I think my favorite fruit of the spirit is self-control, because that's a heavy it's a drop down menu for everything we battled with. Right, guys? I mean, that's that's what.
S11: It is.
S12: A lot. Yes. Big umbrella.
S2: Covers it. I mean, having the fruit of self-control. My goodness.
S3: Well, if you don't have self-control, then then you can't have patience. You can't have love because your self-control is gone, and therefore you're kind of leaning towards the not good side of things and the good side of things.
S11: Yeah.
S2: So you can do this with any implements, but I'm going to do it right now with the coffee mug and a pen. That's the branch coffee mugs, the fruit. And I'm going to use my Bible as the vine. But you can use anything you if you're sitting down at a restaurant, here's what I want you to use, and I want you to do this. Use a knife as a vine, use a fork as a branch, and use a sugar packet as the fruit. Okay. If you don't have a sugar packet, grab a creamer or something, but just use something as the fruit. Jesus said, I am the vine, you are the branch. If you abide in me, you will bear much fruit. It's to my father's glory that you bear much fruit apart from me. You can do nothing, and we've got a choice. We can focus on performance or producing fruit, or we can focus on proximity to Jesus and letting him do in us what we can't do in ourselves, and we can't choose both. Jesus's focus for his disciples with have proximity to me. Why? Because a branch, Jesus said, cannot bear fruit on its own. So oftentimes in this really westernized Christian faith, we get saved out of total proximity to Jesus. Right, guys? I mean, there's.
S11: Of course, full stop.
S3: That's how it happens.
S2: We're broken. We're humbled. You're going to hear a story from Baker Mayfield here in just a moment that just grabs this big time quarterback in the NFL. And God has done a radical rework in his life. It's beautiful. But until we're broken and at the end of ourselves, we don't have the necessary proximity to Jesus. But when we're broken at the end of our self and we cling to Jesus for salvation of our souls, we now have regeneration. Did we do anything?
S11: No.
S2: Nothing. Even his grace causes us to see our brokenness. But then we think, well, looky here, my life should be changing. And we errantly think I've got to produce fruit. No, you don't take that knife. Take that fork. Take that. In this case, I'm using a coffee mug. Don't focus on filling your mug with fruit. That's not your job. Your primary responsibility is to have proximity to Jesus, and he will produce fruit in your life. You say, Carl, is this true? Yes. Every fruit that I've ever seen born in my life. And I mean everything I can attribute nothing to my efforts to try to get that produced. I owe it all to Jesus. The interesting thing about John 15 is that it's bookended by John 14 and John 16. You ever notice how that works.
S12: A little bit?
S3: You know what? I think I learned that somewhere.
S2: So so John 14 is this ramp up. Jesus said, I'm going away, but the Holy Spirit's going to remind you of all truth. It's to your advantage that I go, and he will guide you into all truth. John 16 breaks down further about this intimacy in this relationship with the Holy Spirit. So the Word of God is a way we have proximity to Jesus. Prayer is the way. We have proximity to Jesus. And I'm going to be. This bold, introspective prayer is the way we have proximity to Jesus. Because prayer itself can become perfunctory, Bible reading can become perfunctory but introspective. Bible reading and prayer where you say, search me, know me, try me. And this is what happens. The vine says I see some things in your life that need to change. Cling to me here. And as you cling to Jesus with proximity to the vine, you will look over one day and go, look at there. My cup's getting filled up. The day of Efforting, apart from God needs to end. Now you might say is is God opposed to all effort? No. Dallas Willard nails it. God is not opposed to effort. He's opposed to earnings. So here's what I would say. Any effort that has a hint of earning or trying apart from God is utterly futile. Trust me. Follow me around for a week. You will find that to be true. But any effort that we put in to an abiding relationship with Jesus Christ will be rewarded. Awarded. Is it easy? Nope. Is there effort involved in proximity to Jesus? Yep. Do I need to carve out time to be alone with him? Yeah. You do. Should there be introspection that says, search me, know me, try me? See if there'd be any hurtful way in me. And lead me in the way everlasting. That's the prayer of victory. Those are the conquering people. John 15 and the vine and the branches is maybe one of the most important illustrations Jesus ever gave about how to live this Christian life. And every time we try to produce fruit in our life, the only thing we can find around us is plastic, bananas, plastic grapes and plastic apples. And here's the problem those closest to us know it ain't real. That hurts, I know.
S11: That hurts.
S3: It hurts so bad, man.
S2: But if you're pasting on fake fruit and you're trying to be a good little Christian, give it up, my friend. Cling to Jesus, and he can produce more in and through your branch than you can ever imagine. I want you to get your questions into me every Monday at the bottom of the hour, answering questions, and I'm ready to fill up the email box. How do they do it? Super day.
S12: Text the word pastor. The word is pastor to 800 555 7898. Pastor to 800 555 7898.
S1: He's a sports fanatic with a stat for anything you can think of. Young Thunder is in the crew. It's Karl and crew on Moody Radio.
S2: You want some fuel in your spiritual belly. We got it for you. Baker Mayfield sitting down with Matt Forte. What's the name of that podcast?
S3: It's the Sports Spectrum podcast. It's awesome. It's it's talking with athletes about their faith specifically.
S11: Yeah.
S2: There's snippets of this going viral out there. So we thought we'd give you a little bit broader look. Couple of minutes of conversation. Let this put fuel in your belly right now.
S13: Growing up in a house that not a faithful household. Every time we'd go to my grandparents house, we'd go to church on Sundays. And when we go back to where I grew up in Austin, Texas, we were more of the family. That was an Easter Sunday or a Christmas service two times a year. And so for me growing up, I didn't know a whole lot getting into high school, still not really knowing what it was all about. And from my perspective, I thought it was, you do good deeds and that's you're a good person. That means you're a Christian. Basically, I was trying to make things happen on my own. Fast forward to getting into the NFL. There was a lot of emptiness that I had that I had been searching for, and through ups and downs that, um, thought I could fulfill it in other ways and did not. And my identity at the time was a football player. It was it was a quarterback, and I thought I could carry that. Fast forward a couple of years into my NFL career. Um, God taught me a lesson. He had to take take my career down to the studs and make me realize that I'm more than a football player. For me to see that, I had to hit rock bottom. Jesus is obviously the Son of God, but it is. Grace is perfection. Somebody that sacrificed everything that gave us this opportunity to live life. And for me, when you say he's your Lord and Savior, you proclaim it whenever you can. But he's the reason we're here and the story of Jesus walking among the flesh. The only perfect man. And to to be sacrificed on the cross and die for our sins forever. And when you accept that grace, that's it's an unbelievable feeling that then you dive into the word and you see the stories, and the Scripture backs up what you're saying and the things that you go through. There's whatever you're going through. There's something in the Scripture that can help you out, and it's been written and it's the truth.
S2: Baker Mayfield interviewed by Matt Forte. Phenomenal story. When I first saw a snippet of this, I'm like, man, I forwarded this on to my bride and son. And I'm like, look at this. And my son's response was, wasn't he like, living like a wild man? And I'm like, yeah, I think he was. And he admits it. And yet, God, you know, you might have come here this morning. There's three things that stuck out to me in Baker Mayfield's testimony. His identity was in football. I got a question for you. What's your identity and what's your identity in today? Jesus is calling you today. Baker's story can be your story, but it's down to the studs. It's down to the studs. That's what he said. God had to break him down to the studs. You know what that means? All the water damage, all the damage in our life. You got to strip all that stuff down, and God wants to take it right down to the bottom so that he can build your life. And that's what he said as well. I had to hit rock bottom. There's someone listening that's hit rock bottom today. And you know, you've got to be stripped to the studs and you know that your identity has not been in Jesus Christ, but God brought you here today, and Baker Mayfield's story can be your story. And this is how Jesus spoke to troubled hearts when he said, believe in God. Believe also in me. I'm going to prepare a place for you. And they said, well, how do we know where you're going? He said, I am the way, the truth, and the life. So I want to ask you this morning, are you ready to go God's way with your life today? Are you ready to turn around? You are a Christian in name only, but your identity has been in something else. And today you are ready. The Spirit of God is calling you to put your identity in Jesus, and you're stripped down to the studs. You got to go Jesus way. This means repenting of your sins and turning around and giving your life fully to Jesus, you might be at the bottom. That's when you can say, okay, you are the way. I'm going your way. You are the truth. I'm quitting. I'm done living my truth. I'm ready to live your truth. And the truth is I'm a sinner who needs a Savior. And I'm giving my life to Jesus today. Jesus said, I am the way and the truth and the life. And today Jesus offers you. He's holding out before you life abundant. All you got to do is believe you're a sinner and own it. No more verbal games. I mean heartfelt cry of the soul. I'm a sinner and I know it. And today I'm surrendering my life to Jesus. Today I'm going Jesus's way. I'm no longer going down this path, carving out my identity. I've hit rock bottom. I'm broken down to the studs. And if you're not there, that's okay. Today's not your day. But if you are there, today is your day of salvation. Today is your day. But I'm asking you to give it all to Jesus because 95% commitment is not commitment. This is all in. So count the cost before you do this with me. But if today is your day and you're like, Carl, I'm ready. I don't care how much church attendance you've done and how much good you've tried to do, there is only one who is good and that is Jesus. And today he's calling you out of darkness and into the light, my friend. Pray with me, Jesus. Today I'm going your way. I want a new identity. I want my identity to be found in Jesus Christ and Him alone. Today, I admit I'm stripped down to the studs here. Today I've hit rock bottom. But today you found me here and you are given me life. I repent, I follow you, I confess my need for a Savior. I confess my sin, and I surrender my life to you today completely. If that, my friend, is the cry of your heart, I have got a link for you that I am going to send to you. And it's got three links embedded, and I want you to text right now. Get your phone wherever you can. Today is your day of salvation. Text new to 800 555 7898. Right now, today's a new day. That weight being thrown off of you is the love of God. Text new right now. One word to 800 555 7898. Text new to 800 555 7898. And these links are going to help you in your first steps with Jesus. Welcome to the family of God.