Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio at the George Washington Broadcast Center.
Speaker 2: Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 2: And now, here's Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 1: Humanoid robots in China are breaking human records for speed, running 100 meter faster than sprinter Usain Bolt. At the humanoid games, machines big and small also compete in events where they hit hard and jump high.
Speaker 3: The event in its second.
Speaker 1: Year being promoted heavily by China's government and shows how getting ahead in robotics is a national priority here.
Speaker 2: Well, at least they don't have AI brains. I'm sorry, the control room is talking to me. Oh, my God. China working as fast and as hard as they can to have AI-driven, guided superhuman robots.
Speaker 3: Well, for some reason, the most disturbing one recently I've heard is when they talked about, I think it was that same report, that they're testing them in extreme cold and extreme heat. I mean, you ain't doing that just because you want to display how your robot can run really fast. No, no, no, no. You're building super soldiers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that's horrifying. Now we all, you've probably seen the video of the sprinters then running into the wall and flipping over on their backs like turtles and their legs flailing around. But I'm sure they'll get that worked out.
Speaker 2: Well, and if they have 5,000 coming at you in your position, then, you know, the one that runs into a tree is briefly amusing. Let's continue on a couple of other accounts of where we are in this situation. 50, Michael.
Speaker 4: China's made embodied AI, which is essentially AI in a physical body, a national priority. And the government has backed research, training centers and real world testing as so many Chinese universities and companies have raced to build better robot bodies and even smarter robot brains.
Speaker 2: To help build cars, right? Next clip.
Speaker 1: Engineer Yang Kun says this robot has other real-life capabilities.
Speaker 3: It can also do some combat and maybe go into the military. How far away are we from having robot soldiers? I think five to ten years. The fact that most news reports never mention that is hilarious. Of course, we beat up David Muir of ABC last week. That should have been a scandal. That should have been the damn scandal that David Muir actually goes to China to watch the robots do their thing and talks up how amazing the robots are. Look how high this one can jump. And don't have anybody on to say... You know, there are military capabilities or aspects to this whole story. And then the fact that this company, their IPO released the next day at a super high. So ABC did an ad for a Chinese company, which means you're doing it for the Chinese Communist Party because they're all tied together. ABC did an ad for a Chinese company touting their robots and didn't even brush up against the topic of the military use.
Speaker 2: Didn't even have a five second clip of some academic saying, on the other hand, this is clearly dual uses. It could be employed by them. Didn't even bother.
Speaker 4: Yes.
Speaker 3: That's the only reason they're doing what that and and and and factories, because there's that aspect, too. If if China beats us in the AI race or if they're better at it. There's no reason Elon claims our economy is going to be 30 times bigger in 20 years or whatever it is, and it will just be a wash in money. There's no reason China's can't do the same thing.
Speaker 2: Sure. Right. And to your point about the Chinese maker of humanoid robots and its stunning trading debut on their stock exchange to achieve the market value of $ 51 billion like day one, I haven't seen how it's done lately. But Unitree Robotics is the first humanoid maker to list in mainland China and stands at the forefront of the geopolitical competition between Washington and Beijing. Last month, the U.S. banned most imports of new humanoid robot models, citing an immediate national security threat. It's funny that didn't make ABC News.
Speaker 3: You're a traitor to your country, David Muir. I'm not kidding. That is just outlandish. That you presented that as a feel-good kind of fun story, that China has these amazing robots that look like guys and can jump really high and run really fast and stand extreme temperatures and not at all be a grown-up about the story. You're a traitor, David Muir. I hate you. I actually hate you.
Speaker 2: Yep, indeed. I'm not even going to call him a bent-nose jackass because these charges are much more serious, so I won't distract you. For what it's worth, and this story came out in the Wall Street Journal the day after that commercial for the communist robot maker. For its part, the Chinese government has identified, quote, embodied artificial intelligence, meaning robots and other devices that apply AI to the physical world. That's one of their six future industries expected to drive the economy over the next five years. It is among their highest priorities.
Speaker 3: Last week, a payment company called Stripe that I'd never heard of in my life said that AI has achieved the long-awaited singularity, which is a term that gets thrown around by computer AI types, which is when you reach the point that AI can improve itself beyond what humans can contribute. It's improving itself. Lots of companies have declared that we're there or we're a week from there. And then some experts come along and say it'll never happen. But if it does happen, Katie barred the door. I can't believe I'm going to live through watching this unfold. It's kind of exciting while being terrifying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I, for one, welcome our Chinese communist robot overlords. Given the fact that they can be not only directed remotely, which we're used to in drone warfare, but they can be sent forth with, and we talked about this in aerial drones yesterday, specifically Russia, now sending entirely AI-driven drones into Ukraine. And they have specific targets, but they're told, hey, if you can identify a good target, go ahead and blow it up. You have thousands of these robots with similar programming. To say it'll change the face of warfare is a hilarious understatement.
Speaker 3: Well, and then if we actually hit the singularity at some point, change the face of warfare, change the face of absolutely everything on planet Earth so fast, you realize, and Elon's talked about this, lots of people have, if it actually happens, ASI, artificial superintelligence, where it can learn on its own, and the speed at which it will learn, everything will be different in a week. I mean, everything you assumed about everything, investment, warfare, medicine, you know, throw in some good stuff, education. I don't know if you have time to worry about the good stuff because all the bad stuff will be so scary. But we'll change so rapidly. It's just, it's unimaginable where this is going. I hope it can't happen. I hope that the singularity for real can't happen, but that wouldn't be my bet.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I can't take being poor again. I didn't like it the first time. I'm a hell of a lot less tough than I used to be.
Speaker 3: It's like the Louis C.K. thing that I've mentioned several times, the comedian, where he says, I'm in the rare situation where I've had my financial advisor tell me twice, you now have a million dollars. First time was awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Second time, not so much. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Oof. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Our AI overlords have shut down the entire banking system, and there's no way to access your investments. I mean, all they were were zeros and ones anyway. So, yeah, sorry, Joe. We got an opening down at the shoe store. Oh, no, we don't. There's a robot doing it.
Speaker 3: What the f * * * type of AI s * * * is this?
Speaker 2: That's what we're asking.
Speaker 3: I was watching an interview with Elon. Well, I'll tell you about what I saw with Elon right after this.
Speaker 2: You know, Jackie, even if Chinese communist robot overlords are cascading across the landscape, we can still enjoy the companionship of our dogs.
Speaker 3: I was just watching on TV. So if I have a robot dog, those really cool robot dogs like I saw the United States has, do I need to feed them rough greens or are they OK without it?
Speaker 2: I would guess no. You probably have to like change its oil. 10,000 barks or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: But your actual dog needs nutrients, of course, like live probiotics, digestive enzymes, omega oils, over 20 vitamins and minerals, all natural, made right here in the USA from Rough Greens that you sprinkle on your dog's food. And you can try it out for free. All you pay for is the shipping with the free Jumpstart trial bag. You go to ruffgreens.com and use the code Armstrong at checkout.
Speaker 2: Your dog's food is probably okay, but it's not great. And Rough Greens really helps make up for the stuff that your dog's food is missing. So go to roughgreens.com right now. Grab your free Jumpstart trial bag. You only cover shipping. That's r-u-f-f-greens.com. Use the code Armstrong at checkout. One more time, roughgreens.com. Use that code Armstrong. Rough Greens, it doesn't replace your dog's food. It makes it better.
Speaker 3: So while we're talking... CBS has the highlights and lowlights of the robot games, which were way more to it than I realized. It was like the Olympic Games. They had all these different sports. They had a march in like the teams do.
Speaker 6: Oh, boy.
Speaker 3: It's really extraordinary. I'm watching boxing now.
Speaker 1: Oh, boy.
Speaker 3: Gymnastics, wow, tumbling, doing, you know, jumps in the air like you're Simone Biles and landing on your feet, weightlifting, all the different stuff these robots are doing today. And, you know, we're not even to the super amazing AI that's coming any day.
Speaker 7: Just..
Speaker 3: Anyway, the video that made me laugh was the sprint that everybody's talked about so much outran Usain Bolt. And so they don't stop. They run into the wall. They flip over. Their legs are flailing. And then a bunch of people run out with hoses and fire extinguishers and start spraying them because I guess they thought they were going to burst into flames or something. I don't know what's going on there.
Speaker 2: Wow. Wow. I missed that part. That's kind of funny.
Speaker 3: I know. I had not seen that. Who cut off the video so we didn't see that part? Who's behind the robot games?
Speaker 2: The Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 3: You're right. China's humanoid robot dominance is the headline on CBS. And I wonder, I'm going to have to go back and watch this report that's on there right now, Hanson. They even have robot cheerleaders with bomb bombs. Part of the robot games was showing robots like in a factory setting, filling bottles with the liquid and putting a lid on it and moving it down the line, which is its own interesting thing.
Speaker 2: Right, right. There shouldn't be two practically unimaginable horrors weighing on us in a given day. But you got your artificial general intelligence. Even if we don't hit that, I'm picturing war, conquest. Let's let's use conquest with no human cost, just financial cost. sending armies of robots, you know, they got a lot of oil over there. Never mind U.S. sanctions and buying Iran's oil. We'll just send a robot army in, terrorize them until they give in, say, all right, you're in charge now. How much conquest will there be around the world when there's no cost in soldiers or vanishingly small?
Speaker 3: The rules will be the same they've been since the dawn of man and will be forever. It's the saying you always have, the strong do what they can and the weak do what they must, or whatever it is.
Speaker 2: Not close enough, yeah.
Speaker 3: The only thing you can do is be rich enough and powerful enough that you can stop the evildoers from taking you over, I guess. But anyway, my question is going to be, did CBS News touch on the military likelihood of this stuff? Or did they pretend that this is all just kind of fun and games and look, the the robots can box. Let's screw up, people. Let's quit pretending that that's what China or we are doing with robots. They were just trying to like just it's like a sophomore high school science experiment. Oh, my God, this robot can jump this high. No, it's about creating super soldiers. And, you know, it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So let's not pretend that it's not.
Speaker 2: Is ABC Disney trying to make inroads in China and they agreed to run that two minute commercial?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: There's got to be an explanation.
Speaker 3: Hey, news organizations.
Speaker 2: They couldn't possibly be that stupid and incompetent.
Speaker 3: No, you wouldn't think so. Hey, news organizations, if you don't at least have a think tank guy who says now the military capabilities or applications of these robots are terrifying and here's how, then you're either a bad journalist or you are not a patriot because that's what's going on here. Let's not fool ourselves. China is asshole. Well, there's that too.
Speaker 2: So is David Muir.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 3: That was devastating. Text line, if you have any comments on that, 415-295-KFTC. Armstrong and Getty. The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 9: President Trump threatening Canadian leaders to fall in line as he threatens to impose new 50% tariffs on car parts, cars and steel. On top of the steep tariffs he's already imposed on furniture, textiles, building supplies and alcohol. Canada responding, vowing to impose a dollar for dollar tariff on their own. The president brushing that off, writing on social media, we don't need Canada.
Speaker 2: They need us.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Truth social post today from Donald Trump saying something like I don't have in front of me, but something like Canada took 60 billion dollars from us last year. That ends now. That sort of thing. So you have some breaking news. Is that going to ruin the fun of this or is it fit in with this or what? Should we do the fun first and then what do you want to do?
Speaker 2: Well, Canada's, as promised, announced retaliatory tariffs of up to 50 percent on roughly 700 products as the acrimony between Ottawa and Washington escalates.
Speaker 3: So the tariffs on the really serious stuff like cars and aluminum and steel don't start till January. My guess would be that never happens. So who's Doug Ford now? We used to enjoy his brother so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his brother has passed, unfortunately. Doug Ford is the head guy in the province of Ontario, a highly populous and important trade partner of the United States.
Speaker 3: His brother was a big-time politician who was so fun, but then became a drug addict and went off the rails and died. Anyway, here's what Doug Ford had to say about all this yesterday.
Speaker 8: Well, he can kiss my ass as far as I'm concerned. We're going to go at him full steam. We need to throw everything in the kitchen sink at him. He's arrogant. He's cocky. And, you know, as Ronald Reagan said, if you come to a draw with a bully, what stops that bully from coming after you the next day and the next day? And that's all Donald Trump is, is a bully.
Speaker 3: Are we going to let politicians in Canada say kiss my ass to the president of the United States? A reporter asked Doug Ford about his controversial comments.
Speaker 4: You sound a little more subdued than you did this morning on the radio when you said, Donald Trump could kiss your ass, did the Prime Minister ask you to tone it down a bit?
Speaker 6: No, he didn't. I'm not going to comment, but he wasn't against that. And I have a lot of real estate on my ass, so he has a lot of room to kiss my ass.
Speaker 8: I just do. I'm a big dude.
Speaker 6: What can I say?
Speaker 3: That's Doug Ford mentioning how many centimeters across his ass is as they use the metric system up there. Use inches, you furrner. One more clip from Doug Ford.
Speaker 6: You know, I'm not going to, I'm just not going to take the bait. This guy's a loser. He's going to be a loser. And simple as that. We're going to fight with everything we have. And, uh, you know, something I have more courage, more brains in my baby toe than he has in his whole body. So there you go.
Speaker 2: That's not helping.
Speaker 3: No, it's not.
Speaker 2: It's not.
Speaker 3: You're you're you're. Yeah. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: Hey, you know, it's a whole trade deficit thing. Number one. having a trade deficit with somebody isn't getting ripped off. It just has to do with who has more wealth and who has what somebody wants to buy. Secondly, we would have a trade surplus with Canada, except that we buy so much of its crude oil, which is particularly well suited to our refineries. So I just, I don't know. The whole tariff thing, especially because it's raising prices at precisely the wrong moment to hang on to the Senate and the House and And God help us if Democrats get control of government. The woke thing will be resurgent.
Speaker 3: How about the whole rhetoric thing, though? Well, could we get to like Doug Ford? Of course, you don't get near as much attention in politics as politics all around the world. You want to get attention. You want to look like a fighter. You want to get donations. But could you just make solid economic arguments for why what Trump is doing is a bad idea?
Speaker 2: As opposed to kiss my ass, kiss my extra fat ass. Well, because then you get supporters on both sides. They want the ass kickings as opposed to the policies. My ass is.
Speaker 3: So giant, kiss it.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: He said it in English. We don't need you to translate, Jack. Okay.
Speaker 3: So we'll get into some of the other stories of the day that we have to touch on also.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty Show. South Carolina is going to decide today whether or not Lindsey Graham's sister should be the Republican nominee for the Senate. I'm a no on that. We got a little more on that coming up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. And whoever the Republican is, is most likely almost entirely certain to be the senator. So impactful indeed.
Speaker 3: Jesse Waters.
Speaker 2: Jesse Waters had. Abdul Al-Said, the Michigander Islamist candidate for the Senate on last night on Fox News. And they talked about a number of different topics. We're just going to touch on a couple of them. First of all, Al-Said, who I believe to be an Islamist masquerading as a Marxist in the time-honored Red-Green Alliance.
Speaker 3: Because he thinks there are lots of votes to be had by the young socialist crowd? Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, certainly far more votes because he knows how to speak in code to the Muslim audience. And I've got a hundred examples of him speaking in code to them, telling them, don't worry, I am developed. I'm hardcore. I am with you that the American press either doesn't pick up on or has no desire to pick up on. So yeah, he, he signals he's a man of the left and tries to get the youthful lefty vote. Anyway, they talked about socialized healthcare here.
Speaker 10: You say you want socialized healthcare.
Speaker 3: Abdul, how much is that going to cost?
Speaker 5: Well, It's gonna cost the average Michigander a whole lot less than they pay right now. But I'm just gonna tell you, I'm up against a guy who voted to raise prescription drug prices 19 times, 19 times, right? And so I'm just saying, I wanna bring your costs down. The price of the program is gonna be substantially less for an everyday person who's out here who can't afford their healthcare and worried about losing their healthcare.
Speaker 3: With their job. Give me the total number.
Speaker 5: While you're out here trying to talk about the broader national budget, I'm a lot more interested in the everyday budgets that Michiganders are thinking about. And that's exactly the budget that Donald Trump and Mike Rogers are blowing up right now.
Speaker 3: And they got into, I think Jesse hit him with, it costs $ 17 trillion or whatever it would be to have Medicare for 10 years. But I hate that whole argument because it's a difficult one to win. The cost for your crowd that's standing in front of you and cheering is going to go They think down the taxes are going to cover it. But you're like what you what you pay at the doctor and all that will be much, much cheaper. And that's all people care about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, indeed. It's actually a pretty winning political argument. As Obamacare showed us, there's nothing more expensive than cheap government medicine.
Speaker 3: Half the country doesn't pay taxes. They don't care that taxes are.
Speaker 4: Going to go up.
Speaker 2: Exactly. And they have no concept of the threat of the debt. But nobody wants to hear about that. They talked about sex changes for minors. We played that earlier. If you'd like to hear it, just grab the podcast, Armstrong and Getty on Demand. You ought to subscribe anyway. Here they're talking about boys and girls sports.
Speaker 3: Boys playing in girls sports.
Speaker 5: I'm not advocating anything.
Speaker 3: I'm just saying. What about that? So the question, so.
Speaker 5: Again, like Jesse, you have not asked me one time about the issues that people actually care about in Michigan. You don't want to talk about gas prices. You don't want to talk about groceries. You don't want to talk about health care. You don't want to talk about the stupid trade war that's about to destroy Michigan's economy. We spent the whole interview talking about that stuff. That's destroying Michigan. that is destroying our own military. You don't seem to want to talk about any of those things. You want to bring up all this culture war that, you know, I'm not here to fight a culture war, I'm here to fight the affordability crisis that people are facing.
Speaker 3: We talked about the war, we talked about gas prices in the Green New Deal, okay?
Speaker 10: If you want to do an interview, you can do the interview, okay?
Speaker 3: You're asking me like, I'll ask the questions.
Speaker 5: Jesse, like, I mean, this is, like, you can play this game if you want, but like, you can keep doing the greatest hits if you want. You told me we're going to come up for a conversation, and when we have conversations, I think it's okay to also ask questions. I just want to understand what you're getting at here.
Speaker 10: I'm getting at whether you think men should play in women's sports. I'm interested in getting money out of politics, putting money in your pocket, and passing Medicare for all. Most people don't care about what sports kids play.
Speaker 3: You're filibustering. It's a big issue.
Speaker 10: You guys kind of lost on that issue last time.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: So you want to answer that question? I love the I'm just I'm a fan of the sport of running for office and people do it. And like, I think that's really clever. So even though they covered those topics earlier in the interview, because he understands the younger crowd understands Hassan Piker, El-Sayed, Gavin Newsom, people understand the way information gets out in the world now. Most people aren't sitting down watching the whole interview. They're going to get sound bites. And so a sound bite that lands where they're asking you about boys and girls sports and you hit the. That's not what I'm here to talk about. Michiganders care about the price of gas and care about. It doesn't matter if you talked about it earlier in the interview. People aren't going to hear the earlier interview. They're going to hear this clip and think, you know, what I do care about is the price of gas more than transports. And it's a great way to avoid answering the hard questions. You get up on your high horse and lecture people again. Yeah, it's quite effective. Jesse makes a final brave attempt to get an answer. You won't answer the question.
Speaker 2: What issue?
Speaker 6: Go ahead, Jesse.
Speaker 5: What issue?
Speaker 3: Should men play women's sports?
Speaker 2: You have daughters, right?
Speaker 5: I think that... Look, I played sports my whole life. Sports were an important part of my life. I'm grateful for the opportunity to play sports. And at the end of the day, the decision of who gets to play what sports ought to be decided by the people who govern sports. I'm running for U.S. Senate.
Speaker 3: Jesse is insane.
Speaker 5: I'm out here trying to take on like the health care crisis and big pharma. And you're asking me about who.
Speaker 2: Gets to play what sports.
Speaker 3: It's kind of a big thing. If you've been following the news recently, Abdul.
Speaker 2: He's skilled, for sure.
Speaker 3: Darn right it is. And, you know, you keep getting back to... I mean, you look at any of the polling, how expensive it is to live dominates everything. So you just keep hammering that over and over again.
Speaker 5: Mm-hmm.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a legitimate issue.
Speaker 3: Anybody who won't just flat out say, no, dudes shouldn't play girls' sports, is okay with it, obviously.
Speaker 2: But... Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: As long as he doesn't have a soundbite out there getting to the understanding the way modern media works, as long as he doesn't have a soundbite out there where he comes out on the wrong side of it for a lot of his young voters, it's a win for him.
Speaker 2: It's probably worth saying that his economic prescriptions would accomplish exactly the opposite of what he's claiming they would. They would be an absolute disaster that would bankrupt America and reduce everyone to misery. But he's a skilled politician. He's dangerous. He's a very, very dangerous man.
Speaker 3: We don't have that clip, I think, but he got into, is health care a right? He kept hammering Jesse Waters on, and Jesse wouldn't answer that question. I would be happy to answer health care is not a right. I don't see why health care is a right. I don't understand why government-provided health care is considered a right. And once you go down the road of housing is a right, health care is a right, all kinds of different things, things get very ugly very fast.
Speaker 2: Right. Do you believe that like life-saving health care is a right?
Speaker 3: What would that be? Give me an example of life-saving health care.
Speaker 2: I show up to the emergency room. I got no money, but I'm bleeding. They stop the bleeding.
Speaker 3: I wondered about this the other day when I mentioned this Uber driver I had who is from Egypt, I think, wherever he is from. But he was talking about how amazing it is in the United States to We actually got on the top because we heard sirens and he pulled over to the right in an ambulance whereby. And he said, that's one of the great things I love about the United States. You know, somebody is having an emergency somewhere and everybody gets out of the way. So the ambulance said that does not happen anywhere else in the world. I don't know about anywhere else in the world, but it didn't happen for him. He said ambulances just sit there in traffic with their sirens blaring, trying to get to the bleeding person. Nobody will move over to let him out, which is well. And then he used the example of, um, You know, you could have a heart attack somewhere or have an accident up in the woods or whatever, and they send a life flight helicopter to get you and everything like that. Yeah, so we decided long ago as a country, obviously, that we're willing to do that. We don't stop and say, we need to see your card, you there on the side of the mountain, having fallen down the rocks, trying to climb up Half Dome or whatever, to decide whether or not we're going to save you. We send a life card. flight helicopter there and somebody pays for that somehow. So obviously we've decided as a society that is.
Speaker 2: A right, I guess. Uh, yes.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We absolutely in the Western world cherish life in a way that a lot of the rest of the world doesn't. Uh, sometimes to a fault, we become so obsessed with safety as a society that we've become, you know, very, very soft and raised kids who are full of anxiousness because they've not been allowed to explore the world. Um, So, yeah, I think it's all, you know, there are positive and negative aspects to all of this.
Speaker 3: But apparently we decided that as a society, and I don't know quite how that breaks down. But aside from that, you don't have to go back very many years, and we seem to have a system that worked where we had a deal where... hospitals and doctors and for-profit hospitals were going to offer a service, and we were going to pay for it, and we were willing to pay what they were charging, and they were making enough money. In fact, doctors were always considered wealthy. That's not quite the case anymore, but it used to be. And they were happy with the deal they were getting, and so you had a baby in 1955, and they charged you a certain amount, and you paid a certain amount, and everybody was happy.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 3: Surely there's a way to make that work, that system.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, people like Craig Gotwals, who we talk to semi-regularly, Craig the healthcare guru, are trying to get it back to something like that. But man, there's a tremendous amount of money being made. And as Craig frequently points out, in America, 60 plus percent of healthcare dollars are through the government. And in blue states, it's even more. And so you've got the trillions of dollars being spent on healthcare that are growing rapidly. the power of politicians and enriching, you know, the various companies involved. So, yeah, dismantling that. Good luck.
Speaker 3: And Craig always points out we're already like in California, what, two thirds, three quarters down the road toward government health care. But I don't think you can argue against this. The further we have gone down the road to health care is a right. Things have gotten worse, more expensive, slower, more annoying.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Bureaucratic and impenetrable yeah 100.
Speaker 3: And is there any pushback to this argument that people like me make all the time that if we go full government health care before you know it it'll be like going to the dmv.
Speaker 2: I have never heard a lefty address that argument i sure think that's what would happen it would be as annoying as going to the.
Speaker 3: Dmv Except you have cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. Except for you have cancer. You're hoping to get some treatment for cancer. Hey, you're going to get it. We'll start in nine weeks. But you just told me my cancer is fast growing. Nine weeks, sir. Can you please step aside?
Speaker 3: Or because I went to the DMV with my son recently and I set him up for it. I said, just let you know, like. 80 percent of the time in my life when I go to the DMV and think I've got all the forms, they tell you you don't and you have to come back. And sure enough, that's what happened to us. Oh, no, no, this isn't the right. You need that one. I said, where does it say that? And and so you got to go back home and get a different summer. That's what it's going to be, except you have cancer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the lady in that line told me I needed open-heart surgery. Well, she was wrong, sir. You need to fill out this form, all right? Oh, but she said... Next! Yeah, that'll be medical care. Great. Super. Oh, my God. Yeah, boy, I don't like the modern world. I need a time machine.
Speaker 3: That'd be cool.
Speaker 5: Oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: I built a time machine, but it only goes forward at regular speed.
Speaker 2: I've always loved that joke.
Speaker 3: Climb in this box. When you climb out, it will be the future. If you're there for an hour, it will be an hour later. Uh, yeah. So I do want to get to Lindsey Graham's sister run. Maybe we'll kick off our four with that. What replay, what you said in the debate, replay a current sitting, uh, high office Republican who says that's just fine. And her response to, you don't know anything about foreign policy and you want to be U.S. She had a response to that yesterday on the campaign trail, and they're voting today in South Carolina. So we'll get into that in hour four, among other things on the way. Armstrong and.
Speaker 4: Getty.
Speaker 3: The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 7: A Dodgers minor league team paid tribute to a California legend on Sunday. Jackie the bald eagle was honored with a fly high Jackie night, the team donating about 10,000 in ticket sales to the nonprofit that operates those big bear nature camps. Jackie died earlier this month, but as one of the organizers put it, she'll be the queen of big bear forever.
Speaker 3: I don't know how to react to that.
Speaker 8: Hmm.
Speaker 3: Dodgers minor league team pays tribute to Jackie the Eagle. Eagles don't have names. Who was beaten to death by other Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Which I didn't realize that, and we got into that Friday after you left. I'd heard that Jackie the Eagle died. I didn't realize she was beaten to death by other Eagles, which makes the story.
Speaker 2: I thought it was a car accident.
Speaker 3: Which makes the story not, I mean, you can't keep going down the cutesy road you started on, can you? With the name and the eagle cam and we're all loving it and look they can fly and all the different sorts of things. And then have the ending be beaten to death by other eagles. That's why you pretend it didn't happen. But then continue the cutesy story.
Speaker 2: Right. That's the power of narrative. It's funny because I, next hour, I'll pay this off. You are completely wasting your time arguing with these socialists. I've got a perfect example of that. They don't want to hear it. So, yeah, they just leave out the beaten to death by other eagles thing and then say things like Jackie's gone, but we'll be the queen of Big Bear forever. Good Lord, Katie.
Speaker 3: It's really sad. The Big Bear camera is still live and it's just an empty nest with a lone feather floating around in it.
Speaker 8: Morbid.
Speaker 3: Well, what did he say there at the beginning? That Jackie, the hero of something or other?
Speaker 2: Go ahead and play it.
Speaker 7: A Dodgers minor league team paid tribute to a California legend on Sunday.
Speaker 3: A California legend.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 3: An eagle that we paid attention to was beaten to death by other eagles, as I said Friday. I want those eagles brought to justice.
Speaker 2: Sure. California, they'll put them back on the streets or Trees or something, you know.
Speaker 3: Trial of their peers, not hawks, not crows, peers, the other eagles.
Speaker 9: Right.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: What a weird story. The human part's the weird story. And I didn't know eagles killed each other like that. Update on the WNBA story with the two former NBA players who want to play in the league to blow up the whole trans argument. The WNBA reportedly says Enos Cantner Freedom and Royce White are ineligible for the 2027 draft. They announced this yesterday. Unnamed league sources called the former NBA players declaration simply a publicity stunt. After both said they were entering the draft amid the debate over transgender athletes and women's sports. It's not really much of a debate because it's like 90-10. So when something is 90-10, we consider that a settled debate. The league's collective bargaining agreement says only women are eligible to play but does not define women or include language about gender identity or sex assigned at birth. Well, I think you're going to have to deal with a hypocrisy issue here, though, at some point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, that's the point of the fellas.
Speaker 3: Yeah, of course it is.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, women who are applying to the league.
Speaker 3: WNBA has been asked to explain the eligibility criteria at use, but the league did not respond before publication. They're hoping they can get away with just saying that they're not eligible.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: And not have to answer questions. You've said anybody who declares himself a woman is a woman and they're declaring themselves a woman. Yeah, but they don't count.
Speaker 2: Why? They're not sincere. So you need to institute some sort of sincerity test. Oh, yeah. You cannot get leftists. And it's an example of what I was just talking about with the socialists. You cannot get leftists to confront their own cognitive dissonance. You can't make them. They will just repeat something. Well, we need inclusion and we shouldn't be targeting vulnerable populations. What does that have to do with how are you going to test somebody's sincerity?
Speaker 3: My favorite thing was the thing we had in the one more podcast yesterday was the quote from somebody in the trans world that we will not have achieved full equality or something until we get to the point that. a person has no expectations or disappointment upon finding out what the other person's genitals are. Like the first time you ever get intimate, you have no reaction, whether it's a vagina or a penis. You just, you had no expectations. You had never even thought about which one it might be. And you're perfectly okay with whichever one it turns out to be. That is hilarious.
Speaker 2: When we've achieved true trans acceptance. That's correct.
Speaker 3: That's a heck of a standard. I'm not sure we're ever going to get there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want to get there.
Speaker 3: If you miss a segment, get the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty.